[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 57

File: Occult shit.jpg (323KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Occult shit.jpg
323KB, 1200x800px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Occult Edition!

Have you played any of the Occult Classes yet? How do you feel about the Occult aesthetic of gypsy stuff! Do you think there's a future for more occult classes being added?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52613880
>>
I've never played an occult class, but there's a really cute occult character in one of my games that's really convincing me to look into them some more.
I'm talking top shelf qt material, here. It's pretty overwhelming.
>>
>>52614049
I actually just put up a request for a new character of mine - a fire kineticist - in the drawthread earlier tonight. Figured I'd go full fire and roll with a Hellspawn tiefling standing back and playing artillery for the team.
>>
>>52614049
I once played a dwarf aether/earth kineticist in a level 17 campaign where everyone else was tier 1/2. Strangely enough, it went pretty good, because the other 3 party members were
>Druid focused on summoning
>Cleric with lots of necromancy save or die spells
>Sorcerer whose main tactic was "turn into a dragon and fuck shit up"
So i did the main blaster damage. Having move earth and stone shape at will also helped, along with a houserule of the DM that every 1 hp/hd healed removed 1 point of burn.
>>
>>52614049
Kineticist is more eastern elementalism. The Occultist itself comes off more Abrahamic with gypsy psychic themes.

All classes but Kineticist (and even some later features of kineticist) have the same issue the intrigue content has: it only shines in specific types of campaigns or if the DM is willing to accommodate you.

Occult isn't as bad as intrigue content in this regard at least.
>>
>>52614115
Occult classes:
Good but boring:
>Psychic

Good and interesting:
>Occultist
>Phantom Blade Spiritualist

Shit on its own but becomes fun with 3pp:
>Kineticist
>>
>>52614234
>only phantom blade spiritualist

explain yourself
>>
Hate to ask but does anyone have the list of fey obedience boons?
>>
>>52614244
I don't know much about other spiritualists, I read them once and they just seem like ripoff summoners
>>
File: IMG_2670.jpg (287KB, 690x896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2670.jpg
287KB, 690x896px
Are there any /pfg/ games that would be good for a cute pixie app?
>>
>>52614267
They're way more flavorful and interesting, and overall better designed, since they essentially use their spirits to bad-touch people and debuff rather than make a rape-train of murder. Besides Phantom Blade/Ectoplasmaticist spiritualists are just Maguses
>>
>>52614234
What bout the medium and mesmerist?
>>
>>52614269
Could you point me to the rules for pixies as race?
>>
Dear /tg/,

I'm a group of sanctimonious SJWs, and everyone someone opens their mouth, I want to set them all on fire. What do I do?
>>
>>52614298
No game is better than a bad game, and with the spate of /pfg/ games, you can play a good game.
>>
>>52614294
I haven't played with medium but the impression seems to be that it does a lackluster job at being what it's sold as.

I forgot Mesmerist even existed but now that I remember it it's decent
>>
File: The Only Solution.png (16KB, 245x235px) Image search: [Google]
The Only Solution.png
16KB, 245x235px
>>52614298
>>
>>52614298
Define SJW in this instance. There's a good chance your probably just a hateful cunt.
>>
>>52614298
complete sensory deprivation
>>
>>52614298
>I'm a group of sanctimonious SJWs
Well, your attitude seems appropriate for a group of sanctimonious SJWs, but if that's who you are, then why are you on 4chan of all places?

Also, did just one of your group type your post, or did you all take turns pressing keys?
>>
>>52614307
If i remember the Medium is basically beyond bard-tier in versatility, you can become a 6 caster with spells from the wizard or cleric lists, you can become a pouncing melee warrior, able to full attack with the best of them, you can become hard to kill as hell or skillmonkey, or you can even turn into a support-bot

The key is that while your versatility is VAST, your ability to do so is limited to one of 6 spirits at a time, and it takes an hour to change spirits.

The Medium is in reality, a Jack of All trades that even the bard looks at with jealousy, but the bard can improvise a lot more than the medium can.
>>
>>52614049
The Kineticist is trash as 1pp, but climbs to outright excellent if you combine all of jolly's stuff.

A Temporal Onslaught is a powerful affair... if maybe not so much its damage.
>>
>>52614371
The impression I got was that was what it was SUPPOSED to be, but by being more jack of all tradesy than the bard it's also hit by the consequence that it's very mediocre at each one.
>>
>>52614323
Found the SJW

Don't you have a riot to attend or something?
>>
>>52614403
Its less that its very mediocre at each one, its more that its hyper-specialized per current spirit you're channeling

Once you channel the Champion spirit, the bard can't keep up with you in combat, but he can still support better, skillmonkey better, even heal better and cast better

Bards are better at adapting on the fly, but a Medium can in fact be more versatile, they just require set-up-time

In most campaigns, the lack of ability to modify on the fly is the problem, Mediums are well suited to campaigns like Kingmaker, with a lot of downtime, and are absolutely shite in campaigns that are a lot more kick down the doors and fuck shit up
>>
File: tiefling pyro.jpg (49KB, 564x653px) Image search: [Google]
tiefling pyro.jpg
49KB, 564x653px
>>52614402
You know, honestly, the kineticist is fine, even if it has a couple shitty class features. It's just on a low tier, similar to fighter, rogue, or paladin.

As with those classes, you just have to do know what you're doing and you can contribute just fine.
>>
File: 1490654819933.jpg (116KB, 675x825px) Image search: [Google]
1490654819933.jpg
116KB, 675x825px
>>52614443
I concur. (Not sure why paladins are considered low tier but eh.)
Overall I found Kineticist to be one the most fun classes to mess around with.
>>
Any of y'all got a place i can read the Rise of the jade regent logs?
>>
>>52614216
Kinetics is based on movies such asw Firestarter, Scanners, and The fury. anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about.

That doesn't make it a good class, mind you, it just explains what the hell they were thinking when they made it (they weren't).
>>
>>52614502
We decided we aren't going to talk about that anymore.
>>
>>52614741
oh wow, what happened?
>>
So I am looking at the warlock vigilante and one of their special abilities is the mystc bolt. A useful spell/attack that can be spammed all day. So when you are not casting spells, you have a decent backup. And that got me to thinking, how come wizards/sorcerers don't have a similar option? I mean, when a Magus runs out of spells he can still swing a weapon around. What happens in a worst case scenario for the wizard/sorcerers or any primarily magic focused class when they run out of spells? I mean you can fallback to the crossbow but that seems thematically sucky. It makes me think that magic missile or some variant should have existed for this purpose. A "spell" that you can just spam all day.

Would a simple Wand of Magic Missile do for a backup? Or am I missing something here. What do you guys think?
>>
>>52615014
You should never really be running out of spells after levels 3-4. You're doing something wrong if you do.
>>
>>52615038
Or fighting a shitload more than you're supposed to be.
>>
>>52614775
Quinn was raep
>>
>>52614269

We told you before, Blingmaker!
>>
>>52614775

The DM pulled a filthy rape scene out of nowhere for last night's session which caused a cascade of angry players dropping the campaign.
>>
>>52614216
I agree, but at the same time I gotta say that I really hate the modern idea that a class needs to be "good". Why does everyone feel the need to make strongest possible character that can handle every situation, having group of people with only more varied talents is much more fun than having a group of combat only focused people...
>>
>>52615195
jesus what?, who did who?
>>
>>52614298
well first of all, since you say that YOU are a group of SJWs I'm forced to assume that you are bit like Golum with multiple personality disorder where all personalities that we know of are SJWs. Further more since it seems that you feel great hostility towards yourself in form of wishing to set yourself on fire (as you house all those personalities), I would make an assumption that some sort of psychiatric help might be good for your own health.
>>
>>52615195
Wow, whaddafukman
>>
>>52615195
It's literally just Rubio and Etan left, and even then, the DM had to bribe them to stay with another Shayliss Spitroast scene. I hear they're going to reopen apps soon.
>>
>>52615248
How many threads back is this fiasco?
>>
Is roll20 down for anyone else?

>>52615248
I guess the DM fucked up really bad
>>
>>52615257
>Is roll20 down for anyone else?
I'm in a game right now, and it doesn't appear to be.
>>
>>52615232
>>52615242

SotJR went on a hunt, and Valeriya got separated from the group while chasing a boar.
>>
>>52615254
Good question, someone answer.
>>
>player charges 10% of cost to Craft Wondrous for other players

What the fuck.
>>
>>52615305
so what/who raped the poor girl?
Also whats this im now seeing about gnolls?
>>
>>52615320
Do you mean he's charging 10% of the cost, shouldering 40% of it himself, or he's charging 10% over cost, so you're still saving money and he's making money off his feat choices, instead of breaking even?
>>
>>52615323

It was a hungry and very hung pack of bamboozles.
>>
>>52615377
Outrageous! Everybody involved should be shot!
>>
Did anyone PM Vult to get the bon-bon logs?
>>
Anyone got the Quinn-Gnoll logs?
>>
>>52615432
Eat a dick, Rory.
>>
>>52615320
Sounds like an investment to me.

I miss my Master Craftsman Lore Warden Fighter
>>
>>52615440
Rory was the guy leaking one on one logs wasnt he?
>>
>>52615375
Other players are paying 55% of base cost of item. He is making money off of other players.
>>
>>52615493
So he's being a smart person.

What idiot would sell his trained labour for cost?

That's like busting into your IT friend's house and getting mad when he charges you for tech support, or when your artist friend asks you to pay for your commission.

Don't expect free stuff. Idiot.
>>
.>>52615493
And yet they're still paying a lot less than they would be if they were purchasing from a magic item market or whatever.

what exactly is the problem here? He's playing his character in such a way that benefits the party but also benefits himself. That's not bad - that's just intelligent.
>>
>>52615502
Except this aint real life? I don't except free shit in life.

>>52615510
Never seen anyone do this before. Also he is hogging most of the party gold, but that's a different problem.
>>
>>52615563
I don't get it, what are you complaining about?

You mean you really paid for the Pathfinder Core Rulebooks and stuff and didn't download them or use the online stuff for free?

He's hogging the gold but crafting everyone's items at a discount?

Do they have to get their items crafted from this player or can they go elsewhere?

Are you another player or are you the GM?
>>
>>52615608
GM of this campaign. I've never seen another player charge for Crafting before and I don't think the other players are enjoying the fee. They have three craters (in a party of five) and I'm assuming they talked about this before, since one has Arms and Armor, one has Wondrous, and the last one has scrolls and either rods or rings.
>>
>>52615510
>>52615502
If the tank isn't charging a fee to take hits for the crafter, or the rogue isn't charging the party for each detected and disabled trap, then the crafter shouldn't charge extra for crafting. It's called not being a dick.
>>
>>52615493
He's the one who gave up the feat slot. If you're expecting to reap the full benefit of it for nothing, that's going a bit far.

Last time we had a crafter like that, he charged 75% of market price, which I thought was a bit much.
>>
>>52615634
See >>52615636

Tell the party that obviously they should start charging the crafter for all the favors they do for him, since they insist on a business relationship and not one of mutual support.
Obviously the simplest way to handle this is to waive the crafting surcharge and say it all cancels out. If they refuse then obviously he's shortchanging them and they should leave the guy to fend for himself.
>>
>>52615678
I was thinking more along the lines of this.

It seems petty in a group of adventures that are facing life and death daily, that you'd randomly start charging them for shit.
>>
>>52615445
>>52615502
>>52615510
Each spell gets charged at 10% normal price, each day of service for a martials get 1 sp/level.

Sounds fair!
>>
>>52615755
At that point, why not establish an economy based on exchanging goods and services directly, rather than using currency?
>>
>>52615774
>a party of different tier classes that splits loot and experience evenly is the communist ideal
>>
>>52615323

The gnoll joke is due to an incident in the Friday RotJR campaign where Ameiko and Quinn got a Gnoll's diddle in their nu uh spot.
>>
>>52615870
Goddamn. Do people not know Corruptions of Champions is free?
>>
>>52615893
Well, PLD wasn't flagged as pay to play, so yes?

No gnoll cocks there though, just troll eiffel towers
>>
>>52615893
It's also single player. That's no fun.
>>
File: aelin_by_meago-d67ogg7.png (202KB, 413x777px) Image search: [Google]
aelin_by_meago-d67ogg7.png
202KB, 413x777px
>>
>>52615900

Sounds like something Bonbon's going to be getting involved in a lot!
>>
File: 1329494859557.jpg (176KB, 472x519px) Image search: [Google]
1329494859557.jpg
176KB, 472x519px
Tell me your wild mage stories, /tg/?
>>
>>52615938
>going to be
Anon...
>>
>>52615973
One time we came across a wild mage. We shot him with a bow and watched him drown to death in his own blood.

We had a good laugh.

Fuck mages.
>>
>>52615411
PM him! We need those logs!
>>
File: IMG_2840.jpg (83KB, 599x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2840.jpg
83KB, 599x351px
>>52615938
>>52615900
>>
>>52616105
>asking other people to contact a well known figure in the discord who is online 24/7
>>
>>52616056
>>52616105

What the heck, Gloriana was supposed to be the fuck-happy bimbo, but Bonbon's taking dongdong left and right!
>>
>>52616209
It's a subversion! Everyone expects the one outcome, so you hit 'em with another to keep them guessing
>>
>>52616209
>>52616209
Don't you mean... front and back?
>>
>>52616209
>>52616218
>Everyone expects Gloriana or Cashmere to be the first to get stuffed
>They fight a giant grapple focused tentacle monster and come out on top because of the power of teamwork

>Meanwhile Bonbon and Lysander fight ordinary trolls
>Bonbon gets rapecycled because Lysander abandons her
>>
>>52616253

Lysander *abandoned* her?

Has Sigmund fought anything yet?
>>
>>52616291
Sigmund got in a bar brawl over Gloriana and Cashmere's dignity!

He got his shit pushed in by a pair of unarmed thugs!

Though, to be fair, he was also unarmed

Then his ribs got intimate with the half-troll matron of the establishment!
>>
>>52616301

Sounds like Caine was feeling the Paine.
>>
>>52616228
Don't you mean LOGS?!
>>
>>52616253
Did Bon-Bon end up getting out of the situation some how, or did the session end with her still stuck between a hard place and another hard place?

>>52615973
Wild magic has never been used in my group but if you want a wild mage, our party's magus threw the whole town into a panic that it could be attacked by a dragon soon, all for the sake of playing a practical joke on the bard.
>>
>>52616365

The way "those" sessions work is the incident is noted as happening and then the DM and Player do the scene off-session, this means there's a good chance it's either still going down or hasn't started yet.
>>
File: Arslan Senki - 04 - Large 29.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Arslan Senki - 04 - Large 29.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>mfw genuinely considering playing a trap
>All because I can't decide what to do with 7 Str/Dex, 18 Wis/Cha
>>
>>52616347
Anon, you ask for a dangerous thing. Do you really want to inflict that on this general?

Imagine the eiffel tower memes. The HONKing. The furious discussion over whether Bon-bon and Lysander got an actual pathfinder game or just an excuse to typefuck getting impregnated by evil trolls!
>>
>>52616416
Just do it. What's wrong with playing a trap?
>>
>>52616416

That doesn't sound like a trap, that sounds like the scrawny, charming child of the family that grew up to be a prominent priest, maybe even a cardinal.
>>
>>52614049
I'm already certain I shouldn't play a Mesmerist, because that's just a gateway to my magical realm.
>>
>>52616484

That's how you get some of the best roleplay, anon. Make a mesmerist and have some fun!
>>
>>52616484
Is your magical realm giving allies bonuses that make no sense? If so, avoid the Mesmerist. But if your thing is mind control you're better off with a bard or witch.

How the fuck people get flanking bonuses by thinking they have a flank partner, that's not actually there and the "flanked" enemy has no such delusions, is beyond me.
>>
>>52616535

What if the flanking bonus came with an AC penalty because of the ally's delusion they have a partner making them more careless with their attacks?
>>
>>52616449
But what if it's both? What if I'm just stealing the backstory of Bridget and making it into the more adventurous one of a pair of twins, sons of a well-known respected priest.
>>
>>52616253
>because of the power of teamwork

Is this Nobledark?
>>
>>52616421
I want to inflict everything on this general! I want this General to beg for release!
>>
>>52616561

Yes, Cashmere and Gloriana and Sigmund are in the Nobledark portion of the campaign, Lysander's stuck in the grimdark, and I don't even know what Bonbon's inside.

But I know what's inside Bonbon.
>>
>>52616549
That might work, except that flanking bonuses don't do that normally. You get a bonus to hit because the enemy is distracted by attacks from both sides. Really, the flanking bonus should have been an AC penalty for being flanked.

And I admit that I've never liked the mesmerist myself because they're much too focused on being buffers instead of debuff and mind control. Even their powers are full of fluff and mechanics that don't match up or in the case of their flanking delusion, don't even work mechanically.
>>
>>52616625
They should have been the"Kitsune mindrapist sorcerers without the race lock"-class. Instead we got... Whatever the fuck they are now.

>tfw no 40 DC dominate
>>
Anyone who thinks 2hu's retarded builds mean anything or would ever be allowed is a fool.
>>
>>52616399
>>52616365
Oh, she got stuck alright
>>
>>52616253
>>Bonbon gets rapecycled because Lysander abandons her
>Lysander abandons her
What the fuck man?
>>
>>52616484
All my favorite characters appealed to one of my realms. It's perfectly natural, Anon.
>>
>>52616647
Something like that. I like the idea of more 2/3 casters specialized in particular schools or effects, but the mesmerist drops the ball hard. I know they have enchantments on their list, but it's not the same when the vast majority of their tricks are ally buffs and the best they can do otherwise is glaring at people so they hurt more or have trouble with Will saves... against the rather few enchantment spells the mesmerist is likely to even cast at all.
>>
File: himegoto.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
himegoto.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>52616550
>pair of trap twins
Are you making Himegouto? Cause that sounds like you're making Himegouto.
>>
>>52614234
I've just started playing a telekineticist, are they really that bad?

I figured I was going to be a sort of rogue substitute with some utility like hauling goods and what not.
Any sort of 3pp stuff that seems vital for them?
>>
>>52614443
It's on the same low tier as core-only original rogues. It "contributes" in much the same way too.

Problem is?

Roleplaying is disconnected from the character mechanics, so you really cannot (and should never) correlate good roleplaying to the class' capabilities in any way.

However, I will gladly defend the Kineticist with 3pp access from any claims (that still do occasionally occur) of it being trash, because you can make those pretty damn awesome in multiple directions - although one should pick one's element properly so as to ensure this; Fire-expanded-to-Fire's not gonna do the healing and party utilities too good.
>>
>>52616700
Anon, only one would be the trap, the one that runs away to see the world, and because he wasn't ready for what his parents wanted.
>>
>>52616535

False Flanker is an illusion, not a mental effect. Something pops up that everyone can see. The defender perceives a threat from multiple angles and now has weakened defenses.

Actually the wording on that is a little vague. If an illusion is attempting to do a realistic job of flanking you, is that considered 'interacting'? If so, the target should get a save to avoid being flanked outright. Or does the defender have to attempt to deliberately attack it?
>>
>>52616701
You're lucky to have one of the better 1pp options. Some of them like void or wood are hard-fucked by severe lack of useful choices without 3pp, but Aether's one of the best in these situations.

Abuse the fuck out of whatever level of free telekinesis you can use/get/apply; and don't forget that items are relatively protected when you use TK-blast if you want... that means that while it LOOKS a little... violent... you can give a whole lot of things a whole lot of distance all day long!
>>
>>52616739
Ah, I missed that it made an image. And yeah, still weird since other illusions don't normally provide flanking bonuses. Also how do you hypnotize someone into generating spontaneous illusions?
>>
>>52616291
>>52616683
Maybe he didn't want to pay the toll
>>
>>52616751
I know items are mostly protected, I went with a tailor theme. Dude attacks with string and once I can carry it I'll be using rope since both I imagine are useful to sling around wildly.
Though I'm still unsure if I can use my blast on items people are wearing, or the telekinetic haul. They are objects and I don't think it says I can't.
>>
>>52616792

So he's making Bonbon pay his toll as well as hers? That's no way to treat a lady!
>>
>>52616817
Lysander ain't no gentleman!
>>
>>52616817
Common performers are practically prostitutes anyway
>>
>>52616830

But he smooched her!
>>
>>52616843
I hope Gloriana and Cashmere and Sigmund! get this memo.

>Kiss Lysander
>get dicked by trolls
>>
>>52616886
>kiss a cute guy
>take thick cocks

I'm not seeing any downsides here
>>
>>52616952
But it won't be the cute guy's babies you're carrying in your tainted womb!
>>
>>52617004
>>52616952
>>52616886
>>52616843

> this is what /pfg/ is going to be for the next few months
>>
>>52617038
On the upside our last like 3 ops haven't been shit

so we've got that goin for us
>>
>>52617004
N I G H T T E A
I
G
H
T

T
E
A
>>
>>52617043
way to jinx it asshole
>>
>>52615634
A friend I played with described it like this: "Oh you're gonna charge a fee for crafting? That's fine. BTW Imma need 10gp per hit point I lose standing in front of you so you don't get jumped by bandits and monsters."

They're a team of people who regularly risk their lives for people. I'd be pissed if I was in a similar situation and someone in my team tried to make money off me to sate their own greed.
>>
>>52617047
I wonder, if the trolls proverbial resilience could perhaps manifest even at prenatal stage...
>>
>>52617069
nah i tihnk the anime op fag got banned when one of the mods got annoyed at 3 /pfg/ threats going at once
>>
>>52617078
This. Just sell at cost of creation. Your pals will help you in so many other ways.
>>
File: LOOOOGS.jpg (289KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
LOOOOGS.jpg
289KB, 1300x866px
https://pastebin.com/m7umkREv
>>
>>52617084
>You gotta do 'em before the third trimester or they'll just get grumpy and punch their way out to eat you
>>
File: Code Geass YAMEROOOOOOOO.jpg (42KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Code Geass YAMEROOOOOOOO.jpg
42KB, 640x448px
>>52617185
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
>>
>>52617199
Your salt fuels me
>>
>>52617185
>Bonbon gets fucked by trolls

>IN THE FUCKING PAST TENSE
>THE ENTIRE THING IS IN THE PAST TENSE

So glad I didn't apply for PLD right now, who the fuck ERPs in the past tense

Never been so dry in my life.
>>
>>52617218
How do you even read something in present tense for fun? Isn't that maddening? Like reading a tv script instead of watching the episode?
>>
>>52617247
Look man I've been ERPing for a long long time, and the best shit is always in present tense.
>>
>>52617270
That's just like, your opinion man
>>
>>52617185
>that last line
Not sure if bamboozle.

Anyways, RIP Bon-Bon's waifuabilty. No one wants a used up whore.
>>
>>52617283
Anon just listen to me

Do you describe you PC's actions in past tense?

When you read a book, you'll notice that the action is written in a present tense

You write about things as if they are happening, not as if they had already happened

Fucking shit tier ERP

Disappointed.
>>
>>52617270
I bet you do first person too, you degenerate.
>>
>>52617319
Fuck no, third person only.

I'm just saying its the difference between

>Bon-bon groaned as the troll's massive cock split her open

and

>Bon-bon groans as the troll's massive cock splits her open

I prefer the second, fucking sue me.
>>
>>52617312
Show me a book that writes it's combat in present tense when the rest of the book is past tense.

You pick one tense and you stick with it.
>>
>>52617334
Yes, and the tense should be present

If its good enough for Dan Abnett, its good enough for me.
>>
>>52614049

Before I had to kick him for missing three sessions in a row without offering any excuse, the group I GM had a Halfling Wood (Phyto) Kineticist in the group.

I made sure that he fit in pretty easily, since while unusual, the Kineticist and the rest of the Occult stuff is not really that difficult to incorporate into a setting. The very nature of it is 'Occult' and secretive and mysterious, so you can just build it into the world that way, as being unknown to all but a few scholars and practitioners.

Overall, I like the Occult classes. I've actually started to use them in building enemies and NPCs.
>>
>>52617329
So go through and rewrite it then, if it bothers you so much.
>>
File: cd3.jpg (25KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
cd3.jpg
25KB, 600x418px
>>52617308
Get out of here you purist faggot. Seriously, all you motherfuckers don't complain when you fuck your own hands like dirty whores, but "oh but no if she's not a pure waifu I can't fuck her hurr durr."

Get outta here.
>>
>>52617410

This, it took maybe a day for our obsession over Onryou's waifuability to how big the dick has to be for her to say it's too much.

Fuck, Quinn's not a virgin and there's no chance in hell Valeriya is and yet we both think they're sweet, sexy and in the case of the latter, prime marriage material for Casimir.
>>
>>52617396
Look dude, all I ever want from you guys is to do your best

This ERP disappoints me, because the past tense writing makes it sound stilted, rather than sounding like action that is happening
>>
>>52617455
It's easier to write in past tense if you have a long history of writing in it.
>>
>>52617477
For what roleplay situation would you write in the past tense?
>>
>>52617488
Narration

Non-roleplay writing mostly.
>>
>>52617508
>non roleplay writing

christ.
>>
>>52617516
>>52617508
>>52617488
>>>/fanfiction/

You must go back.
>>
What sort of things does your character especially like to eat, /pfg/?

https://youtu.be/xekkEakrQDc
>>
>>52617535
You must WRITE YOUR ERP IN THE PRESENT TENSE
>>
>>52617541
Human livers.
>>
>>52617446

>Quinn
>Ankle-length nightie
>Sexy

>Valeriya
>Lockstep guardswoman with a sociopathic alter ego
>Sweet
>>
>>52617573
the nightwear discussion was fun, even if it was short.
>>
>>52617541

I wish I had a good answer for you, but the most reliable food for anyone I've found is stew filled with all sorts of things, from mushrooms to carrots to potatoes!
>>
>>52617573
>anon
>not autistic
>not a cute
>>
How retarded would it be to add a skill-chain/combo like effect on maneuvers? So using maneuvers x>y>z would each carry better effects than if used standalone or out of order.

Do combats even last long enough for this?
>>
>>52617586

Booty shorts.
>>
How the FUCK do I magus?
>>
>>52617681
my favorite was NOTHING AT ALL
>>
>>52617685
shocking grasp
>>
>>52617703
isn't shocking grasp a wizard spell? from what i've read you can only add spells from the wizard spell list if they're also on the magus spell list, and shocking grasp isn't on the magus spell list
>>
What skill check is needed to forge a document? And what would it be tested against?
>>
File: GGXrd Ky PS colors Instant Kill.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GGXrd Ky PS colors Instant Kill.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>>52617685
What are you trying to do senpai? Because you're going to be pretty fucking limited to Shocking Grasp as a main spell if you're playing it 1pp-only. Even 3pp doesn't really try to open you up for anything fun, though if you know you're not going to be fighting shit immune to nonlethal you COULD do a frostbite build.

good Dex/Int, 2 Metamagic traits into shocking grasp, Weapon Finesse->Dervish Dance is the "standard" magus build.

>>52617723
>Shocking Grasp
>Not on the Magus Spell List
>Magus 1
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/shocking-grasp/

the fuck
>>
Why is the Mooncursed Barbarian so bad but so cool sounding
>>
>>52617725

Linguistics, this is directly referenced in the rules.
>>
>>52617747
Because shapeshifting is cool AF, but it replacing your normal rage is retarded, especially since you don't even get it for as long as a Druid.
>>
>>52617766
Note that the bonuses are always worse than a normal rage too, significantly.

A normal barb gets +4 to strength and +4 con

A mooncursed gets +2 to strength

hahaha
>>
>>52617686

You don't need to wear clothes when you're a GODDAMN FOX.
>>
>>52617681

Loose-fitting tabard and scarf.
>>
>>52617785
You are LITERALLY BETTER OFF JUST PLAYING A SKINWALKER BARBARIAN instead of a Mooncursed.

>>52617815
Is this the knightly version of nothing but an apron and bow?
>>
>>52617829
Skinwalkers are shitty and not real werewolfy at all its FUCKING GAY
>>
File: 56981595_p0.jpg (200KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
56981595_p0.jpg
200KB, 960x1280px
>>52617836
whoa nigga, that's rude as fuck yo
>>
>>52617829

Apron and bow is to make you look sexy so your hubby does you harder, tabard and scarf is morning-after clothes!
>>
>>52617866
ITS TRUUUE
>>
>>52617836
>>52617883
>shitty and not real werewolfy at all
>literal descendants from werewolves are not werewolfy

I know the thread likes to insist they're all just kemonomimi, but you do realize they are not by default kemonomimi?
>>
>>52617892
No, by default they're shitty weird looking not werewolves

I've seen blood of the moon. Christ.
>>
File: 62341967_p0.jpg (564KB, 900x1297px) Image search: [Google]
62341967_p0.jpg
564KB, 900x1297px
>>52617892
but did you realize that electro punchgirls are still cute
>>
>>52617836

Anon, you get a Skinwalker when a werewolf fucks a human, or vice versa.

You can't get more werewolfy than that besides getting bit by a werewolf.
>>
>>52617912
Except it doesn't even look like a werewolf, it looks like a shitty autistic version of a werewolf

0/10
>>
>>52617628
Aim at 5 rounds max.
>>
>>52617911

Steelfist Commando with Elemental Flux.
>>
>>52617794

Just you try and stop them.
>>
>>52617918

Now I want to play a Shoanti Witchwolf named Moon-Moon.
>>
>>52617922
For combo/chain length or overall encounter length?
>>
>>52617940

Every day, every fucking day I get out of my caravan and see this faggot with that sleepy face by the side of the road.
>>
File: BaitDontCare.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
BaitDontCare.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>52617904
>>52617918
>Waaaah, the THING DESCENDED FROM LYCANTHROPES isn't a lycanthrope!
>I want muh furry dog men!

Jesus fucking christ just refluff it you sperglord, people refluff them to kemonomimis all the time and you can go the other direction if it causes that much anal devastation. Fuck if you want to be an actual dog then there's goddamn OPTIONS FOR THIS. Beg your DM to let you use them.
>>
File: clement.jpg (61KB, 580x911px) Image search: [Google]
clement.jpg
61KB, 580x911px
Could we port her to PF? I want to use her as a mid-boss in one of my games.
>>
>>52617982
Rogue 6, -20 hp
>>
>>52617980
How about Paizo makes me able to play a fucking werewolf
>>
>>52617982

Isn't she just an ordinary rogue who sucks at grappling?
>>
>>52617918

Anon, Witchwolves can look however you WANT them to look.

I've played with Witchwolves whose hybrid form was literally just a slender blonde with cute moe fangs and a tail.
>>
>>52617992
>being weak to Silver
>>
>>52618007
>Witchwolves
>blonde
REEEEEE
>>
>>52617992

You CAN, anon.

GET BIT.
>>
>>52618024

Blondes are a diamond dozen in the Linnorm Kingdoms.
>>
>>52618031
At which point i become CE and become a DM controlled NPC

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>52618043
>diamond dozen
must also be a doggy dog world there.
>>
>>52618057

That's kind of what a Werewolf is, anon. It's a CURSE.
>>
>>52617992
Well I want Paizo to remake magus to not be a pile of sparks and shit, but they're not about to do that so I just have to work with what we got, fag. Suck your shit up and get to refluffing, you goddamn furfag
>>
>>52617963
Encounter length.
>>
>>52617892
>>52617912
>>52617866

I have to agree with OP, the skinwalker race mechanically is just really bad. They sorta fixed a bit of it in an errata, but it's always left me wanting more than what they delivered.
>>
I don't care how people think skinwalkers look

I just want they didn't give three of them Wis penalties. Every nature related or shapeshanging class has to be Wis based because druids, and then here's a bunch of animal folk that suck at it because they have weird penalties that make no sense.
>>
>>52618160

How is it really bad? I've played with Skinwalkers and they never seemed weak.
>>
>>52617992
Why should paizo make a playable version of every fucking thing in the beastirary to satisfy you.

Werewolves are traditonally chaotic evil and pretty fucking disruptive. Play a different game if you want PC werewolf shenanigans or just work something out with the DM.
>>
>>52618176

In the world of Paizo, giving someone an Intelligence penalty is the gravest of sins, tantamount to calling them a race of idiot jocks who bully pudgy nerds like them in high school.
>>
>>52618187
Why should paizo do anything? Answer because its fucking cool
>>
>>52618176
This is why I'm glad my DM is willing to change stat bonuses to fit the setting that he created for us years ago.
>>
>>52618160
>standard race gets to choose what physical stat it wants to buff up, and a selection of other features, each time it changes shape
>alternate heritages get locked stats, but often better SLAs, skills and change shape features
>bad
what are you smoking.
>>
>>52618176
They shouldn't have had penalties at all, desu. Granted, I also think that Catfolk shouldn't have gotten a Wis penalty either.

At the very least we have pic-related now.

>>52618160
>mechanically bad
But they're perfectly workable, and at worst "just okay". The only retarded thing about them is that one of their ability score bonuses turns off when not shifted, and that they have to blow a feat to use more than one special quality.
>>
>>52618218
>ywn play a wereraptor lancer who flies up in the air and impales enemies from the sky.
>>
File: aeqeeqw1213.gif (1MB, 310x434px) Image search: [Google]
aeqeeqw1213.gif
1MB, 310x434px
>>52618218

But anon, everyone knows cats are lovable dummies.
>>
>>52618255
Str 13, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 10
>>
>>52618218
>at least we have werebirbs
Eh, there are other options with Wis bonuses from before, and nothing about the birds really makes them all that interesting to me. Maybe if we got a bloodline from that were-deinonychus from Iron Gods?

But yeah, having a bunch of nature-themed classes built around Wis and giving half the animal themed races Wis penalties makes no sense.
>>
>>52618306
They have a boring but functional stat array, but the thing is that they get something NO OTHER RACE HAS.

Fucking
Talons
Also +7 Perception sweet jesus what the fuck
>>
>>52618323

Their natural prey is stealth goblins.
>>
What would /pfg/ want to see in a game setting/campaign?

Definitely asking for a friend
>>
>>52618348
Waifus.

Comfy.
>>
>>52618348

People skilled at roleplay who value fun over mechanical limitations.
>>
>>52618357
But what is comfy these days, I've never understood it.

>>52618364
What do you mean?
>>
>>52618348

Use the Eberron approach to divinity and make the nature of the divine mysterious, but the existence of divine magic very real and very prominent in some societies.

Do the people who worship forest spirits have the right idea, or do the ones who worship a Sun God and his ascended prophet? Who knows, there might even be heretical branches of religion, maybe someone thinks the prophet never ascended, or some other contradiction.

In other words, read up on the 16th century and the 30 Years War for inspiration... Only with less emphasis on the grimdark apocalyptic themes.
>>
I need some help on a theory fight here

In a duel where one martial PC fights a challenger, lets say due to level, PC only has one iterative attack, yet the challenger knows the Sidestep power

What option is even there for the PC to win?
>>
File: Whale.jpg (64KB, 534x461px) Image search: [Google]
Whale.jpg
64KB, 534x461px
>>52618348

Terrifying monsters, vicious criminals, kings and courts and the intrigues thereof, treachery, adventure, fights in bizarre places and exciting locales, true love, and maybe even a happy ending.

Maybe a song or two.
>>
>>52617185
Well I guess that settles it, /pfg/ no longer cares about PLD

Which is good.
>>
>>52618384
In a nutshell, it doesn't have to be edgy blood sports murderhoboing all the time. Some time set aside for characters to relax in non-threatening, non-stressful situations is exactly what the doctor ordered. Just spots for the players to interact with each other and develop their characters. Cause there's only so much that can be done with "I swing my +1longsword at the goblin" x100.
>>
>>52618402
>Use the Eberron approach to divinity and make the nature of the divine mysterious, but the existence of divine magic very real and very prominent in some societies.
I don't even see the point of including divine magic like this. Like it feels like admitting that active gods generally aren't conductive to a consistent setting while still trying to cling to sacred cow that is "Clerics need to be a base class.
>>
>>52618402
>read up on the 16th century and the 30 Years War for inspiration
Is this just in regards to the divinity thing or in regards to tactics/intrigue/politics?

>>52618409
So politicking/intrigue mixed with monster hunter? How would that work?
>>
>>52617185
So does this mean that Bon-Bon is going to hate Lysander for leaving her to troll cocks?
>>
>>52618492
>So politicking/intrigue mixed with monster hunter? How would that work?
I doesn't.

Intrigue and PF don not fucking mix and I fucking wish people would stop trying to make them mix.
>>
>>52618464
Why would anyone care about past tense erp
>>
>>52618503
Monster Hunter doesn't work either, and people still want to mash both together.
>>
>>52618580
It'd probably work better than Intrigue honestly.
>>
>>52618580
>Monster Hunter doesn't work with PF
What? Combat is doable, and for looting, you could probably do some sort of a calculation based on Heal+Survival+Knowledge check so see what/how valuable is the stuff you get from harvesting the corpse for parts.
>>
>>52618492

Both.

The 16th century was an age of great technological breakthrough, social change and political reform. This was the age of full plate and gunpowder, of organized standing armies, this is when Henry broke away from the Catholic Church, when feudalism gave way to Absolute Monarchy and the famous proclamation by Louis that he was the state. When cities started to grow, trade lanes and manufacturing became vital as the riches of a new world flowed into the old.

It's full of opportunity, adventure, and potential for strife! Throw in the Great Enemy of Ottomans and Corsairs for extra challenge!
>>
>>52618502
This was discussed, she won't be happy about it but knows she can't hold it against him
>>
>>52618474
>>52618622
>>52618623
So RP downtimes, but also the occasional big huntan, with a lot of social change, with maybe a big adventure in new lands?
>>
>>52618650

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
>>
>>52618658
Now, would the campaign take place in a "new world" a la north america, but with big monsters, big opportunities? Or should it take place in the "old world" but one that has social strife, a need for adventurers to be quasi-military units/secure war funds from ruins, and cozy villages? Maybe a combination of the two?
>>
>>52618650

I can't even think of one single campaign hook to focus on, because there's just so much potential for the setting considering just how fast shit would be changing in that world.

Want the last great tournament for knights before the age of heavily mounted nobility comes to a close? You can have that. Want an epic war story against the innumerable hordes of the Great Enemy marching on the capital of a Catholic kingdom? You can have that too.

You can also have an expedition to discover the Fountain of Youth or City of Gold, or join conquistadors to conquer the new world, or become pirates or plantation owner growing sugar or even form a town in the northern continent.

Want to become Leonardo Di Vinci or construct a clockwork army? This is an age where that makes sense (at least from a fantastical view.)
>>
>>52618178
>>52618196
>>52618205

Okay I'm specifically talking before Paizo improved them, because up to that point they were garbage, now they're "okay, not amazing."

Before hand they took a –4 penalty on Charisma and Charisma-based checks when interacting with humanoids that lack the shapechanger subtype. This was a really big hit to any charisma based caster class.

They also were limited to the amount of times they could shapeshift per day which was equal to 3 + 1/2 their character level. Which was a really bad thing because holy shit they only got access to their other physical stat in their shapeshifting form.

Not to mention you get shafted if you play a wildshaping or polymorph class since polymorph effects replace your racial bonuses, meaning you can be in your lycan form and a wild shape form at the same time for example.

And their other abilities were also generally lack luster on top of this. Just check the differences out for yourselves.

http://archivesofnethys.com/RacesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Skinwalker (old)

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/standard-races-1-10-rp/skinwalkers-10-rp/ (new)
>>
>tfw want to apply to blingmaker as an alchemist who just wants to invent a secret formula for easy big titties
>>
so would it be overpowered/a dick move to ask my GM if I can count my Disciple of the Pike levels as Fighter levels for the purpose of taking feats?

This would mean access to the small list of fighter only feats but more importantly access to the AWT feat.

Disciple of the Pike seems good but I don't think it's that huge of a jump to get AWT and half of me thinks Paizo meant for it to be able to get it in the first place.
>>
>>52618710

Honestly, both sound like solid choices. Maybe start off in the old world, then partway through, the party is charged by their king to stake a claim in the new world and protect the nation's new interests?
>>
>>52618861
Can't be*
>>
>>52618884

Are you going to play a girl with big titties who wants to share the wealth, or a flat-chested girl who wants her own pair of chest beefers.
>>
File: Old Empires Cover.png (1MB, 601x781px) Image search: [Google]
Old Empires Cover.png
1MB, 601x781px
>>52618348
2E Faerun, Planescape, or Spelljammer.
>>
>>52618885
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/martial-focus-combat/
>>
>>52618917
The latter, of course.
>>
>>52618917
>>52618930
...at first.
>>
>>52618889

Stake a claim? Anon, you'd either be going there as governors, landowners or conquerors.

Want to bully local civilizations into giving you millions of gp and their lands?
>>
File: IMG_0463.png (48KB, 333x286px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0463.png
48KB, 333x286px
3.5 story but fuck it there isn't a 3.5 general
>playing a paladin of freedom who worships the sun
>party arrives at a holy site dedicated to Paelor to let the other party paladin/scorcerer work on some magic staff they own
>Turns out the site has been corrupted and the statue there has been defaced
>Pings as disgustingly evil
>My paladin decides that the best thing to do would be to punch-smite it
>To the shock of everyone it actually works, my paladin breaks his hand but the statue shatters into pieces and the evil is dispelled
>The new armor he was given is glowing a bright green
>Later that night is visted by dwarven women, have a long pleasant conversation through the night
>calls herself haela brightaxe
>the next day, he arranged the purified stone from the statue into a simple sun shape, placing the largest piece of rubble and casting daylight on it
>Also woke up with a full wild dwarven beard
>it actually reconsecrated the site
>dwarven woman reappears, smiling
>The worrying part is no one else in the party can see her
>after a few worried conversations, the other paladin and the Druid working on the staff in the reconcecrated site, and our team pyromaniac(wizard) dropping himself to -1 after trying to fireball the site and it backfiring on him we realize the armor is in fact a holy artifact armor of haela brightaxe
>Turns out the site I was trying to concentrate in the name of the sun was instead now for her, and my paladin is acting as essentially her only follower
>After a long discussion it turned out no one was really upset by this, and my paladin has an actual patron god now

>tl;dr
My paladin accidentally revived a long dead dwarven God of luck, war and retribution named haela brightaxe after wearing holy magic armor and accidentally making a holy site in her name.
>>
>>52618944

I meant in terms of staking a claim for the nation, but yeah, that's pretty much what I had in mind.
>>
>>52618930
>>52618942

She might be able to isolate the growth hormone that triggers breast enlargement due to pregnancy - of course, she'll need a pregnant woman to draw samples from first.

>Side-effects may include lactation, tenderness and sensitivity.
>>
File: Anime TRIGGERED.png (556KB, 842x633px) Image search: [Google]
Anime TRIGGERED.png
556KB, 842x633px
>>52618950
>Paladin of Freedom
>Paladin being allowed to do cool shit in general

REEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCK YOU JAMES JACOB GIVE US PALADIN OF FREEDOM IN PATHFINDER YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>52618950

Well, how many paladins can say that?
>>
>>52618976
So what do you figure? Go pure alchemist?
>>
>>52618930
>>52618942
But flat is love. ;_;
>>
>>52615195
This isn't true right? I hate seeing any campaign fail.
>>
>>52618889
I don't know, that seems like a really large scale overall campaign, which can get difficult to manage in my experience.My ideas are more or less :

>Settling a new frontier, defending cozy small villages from big monsters, maybe dealing with other international powers. Not hugely plot driven, kinda Slice of Life if you will.
or
>Old empires crumbling, social change, and a need for adventurers give the PCs opportunity to rise quickly through the ladder. Think Justinian's rule, or sengoku jidai japan. May or may not have monsters for big huntan.
>>
File: 1482384854057.gif (598KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482384854057.gif
598KB, 320x240px
>>52618985
>mfw Antipaladin gets Tyrant before Paladin gets Freedom
>>
>>52619027

Chirurgeon for that extra doctor angle? She aspires for memorable mammaries, but she's also a medic!

There's a University from Ustalav that might be perfect for this, she's a Brevic noblewoman who went there to study and fondly remembers them as those "Wild college years."
>>
>>52619048

>Justinian's Rule or Sengoku Japan

Nani? Just use the conflicts from the 16th century for inspiration, there were tons of wars for all sorts of bullshir back then, most famously the Italian Ambitions of Spain.
>>
>>52618884
I will love you for the rest of time if you do this.
>>
>>52618989
>>52618985
The entire session was just one gold nugget after another
>the party pyromaniac also learnt his father had been killed by the men of a king we're trying to stop, going out gloriously taking out nine of his attackers and blinding the man who finally killed him
>the pyromaniac then spends most of the night in a fit of vengeance filed mania planning his revenge
>the other plaladin vomiting mid flight as he flew using the fly spell for the first time
>the sudden reveal that our "man servant" Chico is actually 70 after we destroyed an evil dagger he owned
>turned out it was giving the illusion of him being in his 30's
>the entire parties reaction to this
>his polite annoyance

It was a fun night
>>
>>52618950
Fuck off you attention whore. Storytime is a fucking cancer on this general.
>>
>>52619148
Here's the (you) you wanted, if you want another please just ask.>>52619148
>>
>>52619080
How does a Chirurgeon + Interogator alchemist set up as the kingdom's Spymaster sound?
>>
>>52618928
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/martial-focus-combat/
That doesn't have anything to do with counting as fighter levels.

It only counts as weapon training for the purpose of Weapon Mastery feats. Advanced Weapon Training isn't one, and you still don't count as a fighter for the purpose of taking feats.

In addition the Disciple of the Pike already gets Weapon Training, just not additional weapon groups they can trade out for AWTs.

Unless I'm missing something you're trying to say.
>>
>>52619111
Sengoku Japan was in the 16th century, anon.
>>
>>52619177

That... That works, unerringly well.
>>
BitFDM just okayed General Jelly with a show me whatchu got challenge. What is even happening here?
>>
>>52617270
I always write in past tense because it's writing. I don't even think about it.
>>
>>52619208
kill yourself
>>
>>52619193

S-shut up! I'm talking about Europe here!
>>
>>52619203
Wait what happened? We're allowed to build actually strong stuff?

The shackles have been taken off? I don't have to gimp myself because /pfg/ can't optimize their way out of a paper bag?
>>
>>52619177
If you've got such a stupidly huge pair of boobs, the least you could do is put them to good use on my dick
>>
I'm not applying to Blingmaker but I wish it was 6 players for kingdom role stuff and more story shenanigans.
>>
>>52619212
Make it a murder suicide
>>
>>52618950
>Solaire expy
>Story full of forced memeing
>Le accidentally the quirky!
So fucking corny that its either bullshit in hopes of attention or you are playing with a group that decided to try ttrpgs after having watched big bang theory.
>>
>>52619219
Ask nicely.

>>52619202
Great! Kind of sacrificing on memebuild power, but I kind of dig the idea of tittymonster dotor running around with syringes.
>>
>>52619203
Somebody asking to play a gelatinous cube is obviously a retard and not interested in making a serious app. The GM is probably just giving the player enough rope to hang himself so that's one app he doesn't have to look over.
>>
>>52619247
(you)
>>
>>52619203
Holy fuck, the gods have answered our prayers, made the meme team can actually be formed in BitF.
>>
>>52619203
>General Jelly approved
Yup...I'm done. I took Romulus out of that shitshow.
>>
>>52619111
I like the idea of some internal national changes leading to major conflict, reform, power struggles, and occasionally international scale stuff. Justinian's rule, Sengoku Jidai Japan, and the 30 years war all do this, so I was going to use some of those as inspiration. I'm not the best with intrigue, but larger political movements are a bit easier than roger a muirebe.
>>
>>52619172
>>52619262
>Attention seeking post
>Can't stand negative reactions
>Only response is the newfaggiest of newfag memes
Why don't you head back to le reddit, the grown-ups are talking here.
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
128KB, 640x480px
>>52619286
(You)
>>
>>52619225
Yeah...I'm kinda worried, really. It's easier on a GM, but it does make competition a lot rougher to get in.

If the thread blew up like it did after LoBaF, which had no hype, imagine how much salt will bury the general after Blingmaker closes.

Kyras x Milre will never happen
Busty witch will never see the light of day
Nugget man will die penniless
>>
>>52619298
If Nugget Man doesn't get in we riot, mostly because the green texts will be great.
>>
>>52619256

>Titty Doctor is forever searching for ways to make her chest bigger
>There's a witch who applied who's got huge knockers

I kinda want to see these two to get in so we can see the searing jealousy.
>>
>>52619215
What a fucking nerd.
>>
>>52619278
Bro, calm down. >>52619259 is probably right, the DM's giving the guy a bone and putting his app into the dumpster rather than rejecting and having to field a million requests for special treatment for a cooky character.
>>
>>52619286
Can't be helped we're getting lots of r/pathfinder posters desperately trying to get responses so they can come back home and post their "epic" raid screencap.
>>
>>52619337
Importantly, the stacked archetypes lack Mutagen, so no tittyhulking.

As for endgoals, science must advance to new and greater horizons.

Pic related.
>>
>>52619298

Oh my god why is Kyras even hyped this much, he's not that good of a character and his reason to adventure is literally the stuff of generic starts.
>>
>>52619364
Shipping is the strongest force known to /pfg/
>>
>tfw someone last thread mentioned to PM Bon-Bon character's about doing a scene with them
>tfw not in the game but would like to do a vanilla scene with them.
Do you think Bon-Bon likes vanilla?
>>
>>52619327
And some lucky troll is going to get a double titfuck.
>>
>>52619203

I'm hoping the GM is baiting, because that's beyond meme tier.

I can just withdraw if I'm chosen and the party gets too wacky, I guess.
>>
>>52619340
Maybe so, but I'm not gonna stick around to find out.
>>
>>52619363
Whoops, meant to reply to >>52619327.
>>
>>52619390

T-the worst part about this is trolls feature in one of the books.

Branwen seems like a proper wild bitch, I wouldn't be surprised if she's been with a troll.
>>
>>52619364
>One post in the last four or five threads at least mentions him
>OMGFFHSDFASF;LKJ WHY IS THIS CHARACTER GETTING HYPED
First: Take a breath and calm down.
Second: What characters do you actually like? Besides your own, of course.
>>
File: 1485362542863.jpg (112KB, 394x604px) Image search: [Google]
1485362542863.jpg
112KB, 394x604px
>>52619327

Never heard it called that before.
>>
>>52619389

PM the player and ask if they'd like to do a scene.
>>
>>52619389
Suggest a few things, and ask them what they'd like. Don't drag out the planning any longer than that, but let them know by asking that you want it to be good for both of you.
>>
>>52619440
It's terrible because elf is even more fuckable after getting some more softness to her body, and she wants to shed that.

I don't want her to get fat but holy shit I need this in my life.
>>
>>52619432

Anon, I'm saying every time Blingmaker is mentioned, people start getting hype about Kyras and Sigmund when even the Reviewanon called them shitty.

It's like when PLD was recruiting and everyone fawned over Lysander up until the moment he actually got in.
>>
>>52619364
The ship is too strong.
>>
File: symmetrical docking.gif (2MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
symmetrical docking.gif
2MB, 352x240px
>>52619440
you call that symmetrical docking?
>>
>>52619496
The only one I fawned over was Cashmere.

And I still fawn over Cashmere.

Go, Cashmere! You can do it! Stay pure!
>>
>>52619496
>The reviewanon called them shitty
>When he actually said good things about both
>And he wasn't even doing reviews for anything but to tell bad jokes, Nostalgia Critic style
>THESE CHARACTERS ARE SO SHITTY, REVIEWANON SAID SO, DON'T BOTHER HIM ABOUT IT
So that aside, what characters do you actually like?
>>
>>52619543
N U G G I E S
>>
>>52619543

Nugget Man, Franze, and that ex-bandit that got posted recently who is amazing?
>>
>>52619278
I really hope you'll reconsider, Romulus has been one of my favorite characters and mustaches submitted so far. As other anons have said, I've only allowed it for that person so I can ignore the application. I'm doing what I can to try and cut my workload where I can (I seriously just had to deal with a three paragraph PM from somebody that boiled down to "I want to play a human fighter, make sure the other characters that get in with me aren't special snowflake races"). Rest assured, the choice of party will be made on the strength of the characters, not memes or edge or any nonsense like that.
>>
>>52619363
Y'all need to calm down.
>>
File: d35.jpg (27KB, 325x467px) Image search: [Google]
d35.jpg
27KB, 325x467px
>>52619559
>who is amazing
>Bullet points only
>No sheet
Wow, and I thought we could only go up from shipping-bait.
>>
Is there any way for a PC to get dex to climb? I want to mess around with fool's errand but I'd rather not go str.
>>
>>52619596
No no no! You've got to dig down to get to the layers of even danker memes!
>>
>>52619496
Thing is, nobody actually gets hype about them in /pfg/.
Apart from the knightposting (which thankfully the motherfucker stopped doing), the only thing anybody's said about Kyras OR Sigmund is that they're shitty, they use nodachis, and they're shitty because they use nodachis.

Find an actual person to witch-hunt rather than just building one out of straw.
>>
>>52619596

His bullet points are infinitely more emotional and passionate than the narrative white noise that is Kyras and Sigmund.
>>
File: 1430712815251.png (168KB, 542x520px) Image search: [Google]
1430712815251.png
168KB, 542x520px
>>52619572
Now I feel like an idiot...you really had me worried there, man.
>>
>>52619630
I can respect the idea that it's short and to the point, but if you're going to shill, at least do it for an app that's actually ready for prime time.

You could have picked anyone, and you picked the one guy who makes it obvious that you're just bullshitting.
>>
>>52619630
Bullet points are frankly the laziest form of writing. You may as well do a backstory in greentext starting with "Be me" bullshit. This shit may as well be some sort of my little pony fanfic or someshit.
>>
>>52619596
>Nugget Man
>amazing
He is literally a character designed to be disruptive and fuck over the game

>>52619606
Small or smaller creatures use dex for climb.
>>
>>52619654

A character still under construction is more compelling than two who are completed, I'm deadly seriously.
>>
File: 1488760405257.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1488760405257.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
>>52619677
...I wasn't...talking about the nugget guy in that post?
>>
So, I was thinking of dipping Stalker 1 so I can free a slot from Deadly Agility/Weapon Finesse through Killer Implements, yet I get this awkward feeling, "What if I ever have to use another weapon?"

Sure, I can switch weapons if I had ten minutes, but I still have to wonder
>>
>>52619572

Well, since you're here and all... what DO you want in a character? Obviously you can't just spell out the ideal application, but what sort of tone and mood you're going to shoot for in play would be helpful to know.
>>
>>52619363

Not sure I follow.
>>
File: 1489390865266.png (230KB, 447x414px) Image search: [Google]
1489390865266.png
230KB, 447x414px
>>52619693
>>
>>52619700
I miss interpreted, I thought the three lines of green text were describing the three character he mentioned, one line for each. I'm a dumbass
>>
Say, has any of you ever carried a weapon thats depicted in your character picture just for show even if your character actually never uses it, ever?
>>
>>52619559
Of those, Franze is the only one I'll give you. Harland's a joke who's going to get boring fast, and the last guy...I mean fuck, get your shit together man.
>>
Just so you know, Retributive Reach is wonderful
>>
>>52619761
No, but I have based my character's weapon choice on a portrait over what would actually be good.
>>
>>52619456
>>52619473
I want to, but I don't know who they are in the Discord.
>>
>>52619775

Okay big boy, tell us which characters you think can go the distance then!
>>
>>52619572
Ah, hello DM, didn't actually see this post until after I made my post giving my two cents on allowing a gelatinous cube character, I thought you were being serious for a sec there.
>>
I rolled good enough stats to be any MAD class I choose.

I haven't been a player in years as I am perma-DM.

What do I pick to have the most !FUN! ?

I was considering magus or alchemist, but I don't even know what the occult classes or vigilante are supposed to do, except be magical girls
>>
>>52619842
What is your stat distribution?

Magus and Alchemist are one of the less MAD classes possible anon
>>
>>52619722
Before and after.
>>
>>52619842
Take a look at the different Monk archtypes and report back on your favorites
>>
>>52619798
Of those who actually have a fully-realized application, sheet and all?
>Andrei has an interesting character to go with his schtick
>Franze, as previously mentioned, is a pretty neat idea for LE with a softer, kinder side
>Myrna actually looks surprisingly rounded and fittingly ambitious for the campaign

I could name a few honorable mentions, but I'm pretty sure you're already triggered just by those I've already pointed out, so let's not get you more riled up.
>>
>>52619858
Alchemist is pretty MAD if you want to do a little melee and don't want to invest the feats in deadly agility/weapon finesse.
>Need int for bombs and infusions
>Dex to actually hit with said bombs
>Con for not dying
>Str for hitting in melee
>Smattering of wis because shitty will save
>>
>>52619722
Once the thicc is mass produced...
>>
>>52619887

I need more! Tell me which as-of-yet unfinished apps have promise too!
>>
>>52619858
1 stat is at 17
2 stats at 15
1 stat at 12
1 stat at 14
1 stat at 9.

I rolled a demigod.
>>
>>52619915
I wanna hear too!
>>
>>52619842
>>52619949
>That
>A demigod

It's a good roll, but not THAT good. It'd make a pretty spicy Unchained Monk though. Something like 17/15/14/12/15/9, take a +Str/Wis race (oni-blooded tiefling?) and go to town.
>>
>>52619949
>I rolled a demigod.
Back in early PF I rolled
18, 17, 16, 14, 14, 12
I went monk
I sucked more thant he fighter with one 16 and rest 12 or lower
>>
>>52619359
(You) whore
>>
>>52619915
You really want to know? Alright then, sure.
>Anna has a neat idea for her goals, but needs to actually have a backstory before I can call her as good or bad
>Gregory was on my honorable mention list, but I'd actually bump him up to genuinely good by now due to his recent revisions
>Kyras actually does have a solid base on which to develop a character, flaws aside; so glad it's not as much of a wall of text now
>Milre looks fun, but needs expansion on the Interests section to show she's ready for this campaign

And then there's just a few of the ones who I want to like, but somehow don't, either because they're just blatantly too flawed or out of personal taste.
>Andrik, Bertram, Branwen, Maria, Seska
>>
Which is the best class for using whips?
>>
>>52620044
Vigilante.
>>
>>52620077
The R-rated hero.. Midnight
>>
File: 1424895789469.gif (813KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1424895789469.gif
813KB, 303x303px
>>52620032
Glad to see my revisions boosted Gregori's chances.
>>
>>52620044
Brawlers? Use that martial flexibility to gain feats that let you grapple people with the whip, gain the trip feat line and all sorts of other gimmicks without investing on anything.
>>
>>52620077
>>52620086
Sweet, so add a little mask fetish in there too.

So how does this work? What Vigilante class features make the whip into a worthwhile weapon?

Do I go Stalker or Avenger?
>>
>>52620094
>chances
Don't get your hopes up. I'm not the GM, just some asshole.
>>
Silly question here, is it even possible to make a katana into a monk weapon that isnt Katana of the Sword-Saint?
>>
>>52620140
Dip into Cleric of Shizuru, get Crusader's Flurry?
>>
>>52619999
Did they ever remove the feat requirement for different tiefling origins?
>>
>>52620154
No, but no sane GM would actually enforce that.
>>
>>52620147
Agreed, this is probably the best method, but you have to be able to channel energy to do it
>>
>>52620154
There is no feat requirement for variant tieflings, unless your DM decides to be a cocksucking faggot and demand you take the feat anyway.
>>
>>52620154
I assume most GMs who aren't walking, flesh-devouring disembodied penises will let you take it considering Aasimar get the same for free while having higher RP totals and no negatives.
>>
>>52620172
thats an outdated feat anyways, its basically nonfunctional
>>
>>52620125
Lol, I was about to say this. Just another random internet asshole's opinion that at the end of the day won't really make a difference.
>>
>>52620147
>>52620173
Oh, it's not for flurry, it would be for jankery involving Ascetic Style

Silly, I know
>>
>>52620173
>have to be able to channel energy
Channel energy is a cleric ability from level 1. It's just a one-level dip you need.
>>
Is the Sacred Fist Warpriest still any good after its nerfs?
>>
>>52620125
I still appreciate it anyway...
>>
>>52620154
That was only for the old ones. The new line of variants started in Blood of Fiends don't require any feats, d20pfsrd just has horrible layout.
>>
>>52620214
It's okay, probably better than a vanilla monk, but not as good as it was. Hope your GM will let you use the pre-errata version.

If gestalt's on the table, use Master of Many Styles as your other half.
>>
File: dfe49de2a9d0bee8c9de0cedb58eb490.jpg (121KB, 713x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dfe49de2a9d0bee8c9de0cedb58eb490.jpg
121KB, 713x1000px
Give me plothooks for greek adventures.
>>
>>52620246
Zeus fucked your mom and now Hera is making your life a living hell, kill some shit to prove yourself so she fucks off
>>
>>52620214
>Spellcasting
>Swift action buffs/Summons
>Tons of feats
Pretty damn good compared to the other muggles at least.
>>
>>52620268
Don't forget it has 1pp Fort-evasion.
>>
>>52620246
Zeus fucked some girl who was foretold to mother a child who would surpass his father, because he mistook her for another woman he turned into a cow.

Now the bull-horned son is a powerful warrior who threatens to overthrow Mount Olympus!

Hera wants you to chop the cow-mother up and feed her to her son and then tell him so he gets all fucked up and commits suicide, because those hussies need to stop getting banged by her husband.
>>
>>52620246
Basically 'zeus fucked X', and 'Hera is a bitch'
>>
>>52620246
>"Zeus don't stick your dick in that!"
>Zeus sticks his dick in that!
>Shenanigans occurs!
>>
File: 561.png (247KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
561.png
247KB, 500x706px
>>52620327
>>
>>52620262
>>52620300
>>52620319
>>52620327
So you're saying we gotta get all Ouranos in that situation?
>>
File: BoEF - ero quest table.jpg (745KB, 2231x1107px) Image search: [Google]
BoEF - ero quest table.jpg
745KB, 2231x1107px
>>52620246
>>
>>52620368
>#5
Oh hi Lysistrata.
>>
>>52619559
>>52619775
>>52619887
I'm glad you think my character is good. I worry about it quite a bit.
>>
>>52620391
I think your char is cute. I like her backstory. Not a review anon.
>>
Clarification needed,

>Ascetic Form (Combat)
>Prerequisite(s): Ascetic Style; Weapon Focus with the chosen melee weapon; base attack bonus +5 or monk level 5th.
>Benefit(s): You can use the chosen melee weapon with any class ability that can be used with an unarmed strike

Does this mean you can use non Broken Blade weapons with Broken Blade?
>>
Two middle aged men who refuse to pay their taxes and who just wanted to squeeze young boys balls have allied with all the birds and have blockades all sacrifices from reaching the gods on mount Olympus. You must enter their city of Nubicuculia and stop them before they succeed in making birds the new gods.
>>
>>52620417
first of all FUCK OFF BROKEN BLADE FAGGOT

Second WEAPON GROUP ADAPTATION YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID
>>
>>52620032
Thanks for the feedback.

Similar to another app I did, I'm holding off on a rework of Milre until the blush of finishing an app wears off and the criticisms have sunk in. I got some good pointers from people in general though, so I have lots to do.

In general I'm probably going to refocus a bit on the balance of her family life and her work life, and probably make her hate the shit out of bandits instead of Lamashtan cultists.
>>
>>52620425
shit this was meant to be a response to >>52620246
>>
>>52620032
This is about right. Kyras isn't bad, he's just been overhyped for what he is, and mostly by shippers.

Thankfully, the player seems to have got the message and fucked off from the thread.
>>
I never got any feedback on the reworked backstory for Mari after the reviewanon skewered it (rightfully, it was shit and i did it at 2am)

https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4757158/application-thread/?pageforid=4844224#post-4844224

So there's the new one
>>
>>52620032

>Andrik

Is it the concept itself or the lack of a proper backstory? I can work on him when I can this week.
>>
>>52620368
>A sorcerer has mastered a mass reverse gender spell
>A powerful tantrist releases a spell that reverses the sexual preference of everyone for many miles around

What is this.
>>
>>52620461
I thought you loved getting skewerd though. preferably on both ends like a spitroast.
>>
>>52620548
Book of Erotic Fantasy for 3.5, good for a few keks
>>
>>52620547
Pretty much just the latter.
>>
>>52620032
>Seska
How would you suggest to improve?
>>
>>52620557
I'm not Shayliss
>>
>>52620562
New art.
>>
>>52620562
Put a character sheet up, first and foremost.
After that, probably just expand on what you've got and maybe shop out the glasses.

Good luck, muscles are right in the heart of my magical realm.
>>
>>52620582
>REMOVING GLASSES
>IN THE CURRENT YEAR

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>52620008
Is there any reason people love rolling monk even though its a lot of investment to make it even comparable to a fighter?
>>
>>52620614
Because it's cool.
>>
>>52620614
Its cool
>>
>>52620614

Style, I guess. I like the idea of being able to rush up to someone and just kick them in the face, then dart between the counter. Also depending on your GM the mobility can be handy. Or useless.
>>
>>52618187
Actually there is one way to be a Werewolf.

You just have to be a 15th level wizard and take the discovery for Werewolf Shape
>>
>>52620614

'S cool.
>>
>>52620614
Because punching people is cool, and /Unchained/ Monk is actually pretty good for what it is.
>>
>>52620563
So? Still doesn't change you're a degenerate that likes throat pen.
>>
>>52620686
Don't hold back, throatfuck me hard.
>>
>>52620686
>>52620687

What's wrong with irrumatio? It's one of the rougher kinks but certainly not one that would get odd looks, basically no different than a butt slut or someone that likes spanking and slapping.
>>
>>52620651
Take the Multimorph and Idealize discoveries too

Be a Transmutation specialist and be better at being a werewolf than anyone else

Wizards.
>>
So this is what my wizard's stats seem to be shaping up to be:
>Str: 7
>Dex: 14
>Con: 14
>Int: 20
>Wis: 14
>Cha: 10

I'm still considering whether I should change it up again and go with this instead:

>Str: 10
>Dex: 14
>Con: 12
>Int: 20
>Wis: 14
>Cha: 11

I'm leaning towards the 1st one because low strength isn't really a factor and overall it doesn't clash with the character in any way.
>>
>>52620687
Well, since you asked so nicely... TADAIMA!
>>
>>52620732
Nothing wrong with it to me.
>>
>>52620742
>TADAIMA
I swear to god, man. We just went over this.
>>
>>52620656

How does one make an Electronic Old Man in Pathfinder?
>>
>>52620775
But where else is home, if not a good girl's mouth?
>>
>>52620821
A lap pillow you dingus. Potentially getting your ears cleaned as well.
>>
>>52620821

In her arms, with your junk in her trunk?
>>
>>52620741
You should go with what you think

Low strength is really not a factor for Wizards, you can always get everyone else to carry stuff for you and if its a problem, get muleback cords and handy haversack

Now, perhaps you might get grappled by a melee fucker or something but surely you had contingencies against that no?
>>
>>52620844
I love this.

>tfw you'll never fall asleep with your head on Hex Maniac's lap while she gently strokes your hair

>>52620852
This is acceptable as well.
>>
File: C8_2eRXXsAAPRI8.jpg (157KB, 1287x1964px) Image search: [Google]
C8_2eRXXsAAPRI8.jpg
157KB, 1287x1964px
Aww hell yeah this got colored
>>
>>52620922
2fur4me but congrats anyways.
>>
>>52620922

SOFT PAW PADS
>>
>>52620732
I didn't have a problem with it at all actually, my kinda thing actually.

>>52620687
Y..yes I'm going in now.
>>
>>52620922
Why is this relevant? Is she a /pfg/ character?
>>
>>52620873
Level 3, if I get grappled I'm royally fucked.

Best I can do is the fact I already greased myself before the fight with both Grease and Alchemical Grease so I have a +15 circumstance/alchemical bonus to just slide out of grapples.
>>
>>52620898

Which meme girls have the best lap pillows, either comfort or character!
>>
>>52620977
Define meme characters, is it a character in any meme game?
>>
>>52620977
Bon-Bon. She'll need it too ,after those logs.
>>
>>52620987

To narrow the range, yes. Someone that could conceivably give someone a lap pillow in the future.
>>
>>52620977
Too many of the character's lap pillows would feel forced or unnatural. They are too edgy/grim, bitchy, or would just be a stammering mess. A proper lap pillow is given by someone who is calm, gentle, with a soft voice to soothe the weary.
>>
>>52621020
Calsi. Easy
>>
>>52621022
>A proper lap pillow is given by someone who is calm, gentle, with a soft voice to soothe the weary.
So by this logic...

In all games currently accepting apps, who would make for the best lap pillow?
>>
>>52621039
Doll
>>
>>52620969
Get an Anklet of Translocation at least

Or a Boot of Escape

Or just make it so that grappling you is the worst possible decision an opponent can make, which it tends to be because if your opponent is not a monster or something(i.e humanoid), they tend to fuck themselves over by grappling you unless you were separated from your party
>>
we have been playing a campaign for 2 years now
it is slowly coming to an end
i feel like panicking
i dont want it to end
>>
>tfw level 3 wizard with free VMC witch
>tfw has Craft Wondrous and Scribe Scroll with Brew Potion from Cauldron hex
>tfw spend 1000gp on scrolls, potions, and alchemical creations my character created before game start
>tfw have handy haversack
>tfw always prepared
I'M READY
>>
>>52621022

What are some dark horse laps that seem like they'd be awful or just weird, but with the right man and the right moment she'd be an S-Class cuddlebug?
>>
>>52621115
Shizuka
>>
>>52621112

Remember it for the joy it has brought you, anon!
>>
>>52621084

Or just be part of a functional team. Grapple the party mage? That's grounds for the rogue gleefully putting a knife in its kidneys. Most intelligent monsters aren't going to overextend and risk their lives for it.
>>
>>52621131
Thats a brave fucking lap pillow anon
>>
>>52621115

Shizuka, Aurora and Valeriya.
>>
>>52621115
Gamze
>>
>>52621114
Can you survive a critical hit from a raging barbarian half-orc with a greataxe?
>>
>>52621156
>>52621131
>two for shizuka

And lo, let it be known

/pfg/ wants to stick their dick in crazy
>>
>>52618483
Divine magic is energy based off belief instead of mucking with bat shit in that case, anon.

Also every time /pfg/ shitposters get horny I pine for the weekend smut thread.
>>
>>52621131
>>52621156
Which one?
>>
>>52621183
Both
>>
>>52621167

>Human GILF fighter

Please
>>
>>52620614
Fighter isn't a good comparison, Monks are meant to be using the shit out of acrobatics running up walls, wuxia high/long jumps, etc.
>>
How can I capture and domesticate harpies to make them for love and wife?

Can only use first party material
>>
>>52621178
That doesn't really address my point. If you're going to take gods out of divine magic you may as well just take out divine magic itself.
>Also every time /pfg/ shitposters get horny I pine for the weekend smut thread.
This I will agree to, holy shit.
>>
>>52621195
Absolute madman
>>
>>52621183

The crazy one.

>>52621173

Shizuka's a wild bitch but she's got plush thighs and seems to have a real soft spot for people that can scratch her "hit me - HARDER, dammit, I'm not a porcelain doll" itch would find a great place to lay your bloody, sweaty head.
>>
>>52621212
Dominate Person.
>>
>>52621212
>Leadership
>Charm/Dominate Monster
>Stop being a /that/ guy.
>>
>>52621199
Yeah. If you're combat is happening in an empty white room and nobody moves except to charge or intercept attacks, then the Fighter obviously wins.

Fighters are turrets with swords who sometimes charge.
>>
>>52621226
Absolutely brave.
>>
>>52621218
FFXIV does a belief based magic for big primal summonings and it works well. Especially when the thing they're summoning doesn't have to be historically accurate, or even have been real in the first place to be summoned. Some summons have no specific history or lore before being summoned, like the case with phoenix.
>>
>>52619202
The word is unnerving, anon. Like aiding and abetting a BE fetishist to get into a game where not everyone (or hell, possibly anyone) has a BE fetish. Now this faggot won't actually make the character, since it's hard to make a character sheet one handed, but you never want to stick other players' noses in your kinks on either side of the screen. That's /d/m 101.

Keep that shit to yourselves you filthy shitposting horndogs.
>>
>>52621239
That's pretty bad, I hate it when GM's skimp on battle maps. Might as well play a caster and throw out the SoD's.
>>
>>52621270
That sounds really stupid.

At that point that isn't really divine magic. That's arcane "summon an Eiodolan/imaginary friend/demon" stuff.
>>
File: Alpaca Knight.jpg (230KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
Alpaca Knight.jpg
230KB, 600x764px
Who wants to make a new thread?
>>
>>52621312
Beast Tribes invoke the magic to summon their gods and have that protect them. How is that not divine?
>>
>>52621335
That's not really the example anon gave.
>>
>>52621306
To be fair, BE is hardly an offensive fetish. Heck, it's practically normie.

It could be far worse.
>>
>>52621351
That's what summoning in FFXIV is though. It's not something that a party member does, at least not like that.
>>
>>52621319
I'll do it I guess
>>
>>52621312
Fuck your arbitrary definitions of what counts under the arbitrary definition of magic.
>>
>>52619796
Mr. Nobody
>>
File: Ahoge archer.jpg (54KB, 576x662px) Image search: [Google]
Ahoge archer.jpg
54KB, 576x662px
>>52621371
Thanks
>>
>>52621373
>Divine
>of, from, or like God or a god.
I mean I guess you could call a bunch of spells that shoot ice at people Fire Magic if you want.
>>
>>52621354
The point is not that it is an offensive fetish, the point is that you don't force your fetishes on other people as an act of general courtesy.
>>
>>52621419
>summoning gods
>not "of, from, or like God or a god."
really activates the almonds
>>
>>52621199

Well, except for the fact they can't actually make use of their offensive features unless they stand perfectly still.
>>
>>52621439
That's not I was talking about.

I said "just belief based magic shouldn't be called Divine"

Then anon brings up some Final Fantasy MMO and metnions something about people summoning things with no mythological precedent being belief based magic(and didn't mention gods yet)

I say that isn't divine either.

Then anon brings up an unrelated example about actual divine magic, and now I'm just confused.
>>
Fresh baked Thread

>>52621477
>>52621477
>>52621477
>>
>>52621483
see >>52621270
and >>52621335
That's the same fucking setting.
>>
>>52621490
The first example isn't divine magic

The second example is.

I don't see the point being made.
>>
>>52619526
Cashmere is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>52621419
If that ice shot is from pulling the heat (fire) out of the area, then yes, that would be fire magic.

Listen you fucking autist, if the power comes from a belief in the divine, then it is divine. The gods don't fucking exist for real life shamans, but they are invoked anyway for the purposes of ritual. You do not need active gods to have magic come from gods; you don't even need existing gods for that.

If the characters in the world believe it to be divine, it can be classified as divine. Divine magic is an arbitrary mechanical separation backed up by arbitrary (and fluid) fluff. It could be called spiritual, mystic, the path of the You Are a Gigantic Faggot Holy Shit, whatever. If characters with the trappings of religion use it, players who are not on the fucking spectrum so far they can see the redshift will call it divine.
>>
>>52621505
That is literally the same fucking process, done by the same people with the same summons, at the same time. Those aren't different events. You are mistaken in thinking that they are separate, and it's the fact that they aren't that makes the system of belief-based magic interesting in the setting.
>>
>>52620032
>Branwen
Flaw or personal taste?
>>
>>52621529
>. You do not need active gods to have magic come from god
That doesn't make any fucking sense. That's not divine magic, that's just magic people call divine because of "muh sacred cows".
> The gods don't fucking exist for real life shamans, but they are invoked anyway for the purposes of ritual.
Neither does magic. That's irrelevant.
>>52621539
> and it's the fact that they aren't that makes the system of belief-based magic interesting in the setting.
No, that just makes it dumb and inconsistent.

Either the beast man tribe is wrong, and they aren't actually summoning their gods, just images of their gods. Or the regular summoning folks are wrong and stuff like Phoenix are deities/divine in nature.
>>
>>52621463
So in the meantime they use more defensive features, like their high movement speed, high jumps, etc. Basic stuff really.
>>
>>52616792
You gotta pay the troll toll, if you wanna get into that boy's hole. You gotta pay the troll toll to get in.
>>
>>52614049
Ok, I feel dumb as a stump. I am trying to jump into a lvl 10 campaign and want to play a dwarven fighter. My friends pointed me to the thunder and fang feat, two weapon fighting and improved two weapon fighting. How does primary and off hand attack work with high BAB? If it helps my BAB is +10/+5 and my Strength was a 16.
>>
>>52622906
You have +10 BAB and a +3 Strength Bonus, as well as weapon focus with both items. So, assuming you have no other bonuses, you start at +14. Now, you are TWF'ing with your off hand counting as a light, so you receive a -2 penalty to each attack for the first round. So, your attacks will look like this.

+12(EB)/+12(Klar)/+7(EB)/+7(Klar)

When you receive haste, your bonuses will be ass such.

+13(EB)/+13(EB)/+13(Klar)/+8(EB)/+8(Klar)
>>
>>52623009
Alcohol too strong, but you should be able to get the point.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.