[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 42

File: 1483430183989.jpg (2MB, 3725x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1483430183989.jpg
2MB, 3725x1040px
Amonkhet edition Nothing's playable except Gideon

Playing?

Hating?

Brewing?

Why won't they print playable spells for modern?

What do you want to be a viable archetype in Modern?

What could they print to further that archetype?

How do you feel about the meta right now?

Have you ever beat DSJ? Don't lie now :^)

Favorite shitbrew to stomp?

Think DSJ will get something banned for "competitive diversity"

How do you feel about Bolt snap bolt?

I for one welcome our new DSJ overlords

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com
>>
>>52612117
>gideon
>playable
>>
>>52612136
Based on /tg/'s overwhelmingly negative reaction to new Gids, he's going to end up warping the format.
>>
first for fish
>>
Soul Sisters or Martyr-Proc?
>>
>>52612296
Martyr Proc
>>
>>52612296
I think Martyr Proc is cooler, it's like a prison deck in Modern
>>
File: 1489387240398.png (302KB, 458x274px) Image search: [Google]
1489387240398.png
302KB, 458x274px
>>52612117
>Playing?
I've been playing G/B Tron a lot lately. After the one Scapeshift guy left my meta and with Probe banned my meta basically became entirely midrange and rogue brews.
>Hating?
Nothing in particular. I'm pretty happy with were the format is at right now.
>Brewing?
Defenders. I have a G/W list that can win by turn 4 if it isn't disrupted. If it does get disrupted, the decks efficient blockers can usually stall out the game long enough to hold out and win one way or another, even if that is by beating face with Tree of Redemption + Assault Formation. The decks biggest weakness was that it folded to boardwipes, but with the printing of Heroic Intervention, I have a way of reliably dealing with that.
>What do you want to be a viable archetype in Modern?
Treefolk. Easily one of my favorite casual archtypes.
>What could they print to further that archetype?
More resilient creatures, I guess.
>How do you feel about the meta right now?
It's pretty okay.
>Have you ever beat DSJ? Don't lie now :^)
Never played against it.
>Favorite shitbrew to stomp?
This guy at my LGS brings his R/B shitbrew every week, and every week it's a free win. It's like he's trying to play a midrange game without any midrange threats. His deck is so light on pressure that I could literally play a fair game and not slam a Karn until turn 7 and STILL beat him.
>Think DSJ will get something banned for "competitive diversity"
Who knows? I dare not inquire into the dark, twisted mind of those that wield the banhammer.
>How do you feel about Bolt snap bolt?
Is that what we're calling burn these days?
>>
>>52612185
I don't think he'll make much of a splash in modern while DSJ is king.
He'll keep the dream of dominating standard alive for AoZ, though
>>
File: Auriok_Champion.jpg (340KB, 760x618px) Image search: [Google]
Auriok_Champion.jpg
340KB, 760x618px
>>52612296
Soul Sisters, there are more qt's to waifu in it.
>>
How's it feel knowing your format will be dead in a few years? :^)
>>
>>52612406
Feels legacy man
>>
>>52612406
Frontier would have had to been successful for that
>>
>>52612427
Did wizards even try with frontier yet?
Honestly I think the biggest thing they could do to revive modern is reprint fetches in something other than MM. But why would they want people to play modern. If they dont repint fetches, people will just have to play standard :^)
>>
>>52612117
What's the best and most far-reaching sideboard in modern? I'm playing u/w control, and I mainboard spreading seas, which does a good job dealing with tron, cavern of souls, and is pretty ok against anything that isn't merfolk. That being said my sideboard is
>Leyline of sanctity x4
Turns off targeted discard and burn. Great against DS and burn, ok against Jund, and junk.
>Rest in Peace x4
I only need my graveyard for snapcaster, so it doesn't hurt too much and it wrecks DS, living end, and dredge. Turns off the abzan coco combo, and is great against Grixis, which relies heavily on kolaghan's Command and snapcaster interaction.
>Stony silence x4
Affinity
>Runed halo x3
Not sure about these, but
Good against ad nauseum, almost completely turns off grishoalbrand. Good against DS, is ok against any midrange matchup, name reality smasher or tarmogoyf or whatever.
Ideas or suggestions?
>>
>>52612468
at the rate standard is going right now they'll have to start reprinting the reserved list to sell new sets
>>
>>52612477
I can't say much about your sideboard until I know your full list, but in my experience with control decks, running 3 or 4 of a bunch of hate cards as your board is a bad idea. It's too inflexible and in Modern you need to be prepared for anything.
>>
>>52612117
I think the bicycle lands will make Splendid Valakut more viable. Living end is getting new cyclers and maybe some aftermath cards (also maybe old split cards from rules change).
>>
>>52612512
Yeah that's kinda why I was hoping to find the most versatile cards. I want to run multiple copies to ensure I draw them when I need to. I was hoping to just hate out the most popular and degenerate decks, and try to rely on having a fair matchup against the tier 2 stuff. Is that a bad idea?
>>
>>52612540
>Is that a bad idea?
Yes because as a control deck it's often the jank that gets you. You can grind games against GBx all day long and then some guy comes and fucks you up with his off color brew that you have no way to interact with.

Now post your list so I can recommend you some cards.
>>
>>52612565
Celestial colonnade x3
Flooded Strand x4
Westvale abbey x1
Ghost Quarter x2
Glacial fortress x4
Hallowed Fountain x2
Temple of enlightenment x1
Plains x4
Island x5
Path x4
Spell Snare x2
Condemn x1
Secure the Wastes x2
Snapcaster x3
Spreading seas x4
Think Twice x4
Negate x1
Detention sphere x1
Thalia, heretic Cathar x1
Sphinx's Revelation x2
Cryptic Command x4
Wrath of God x1
Supreme verdict x2
Elspeth suns champion x2
>>
What are some artifact silver bullets that one night not think of immediately?
I've got the main ones like, bridge, torpor orb, pithing needle, grave hate, etc.
Looking for more for spicy tezzeratwhir
>>
>>52612654
I don't see Spellskite in that list.
>>
>>52612654
Defense grid
Grafdigger's cage also hits libraries
>>
>>52612500
You onow, I think it's wierd that Magic as a whole has been selling incredibly well since RTR, but that Standard event attendance has been on a decline. I mean, I know casual kitchen table players and big name retailers/secondary market sellers carry the game, but there seems to be a disconnect between sales numbers and Standard attendance. Why is that?
>>
>>52612679
>Defense grid
Forgot about that
>Grafdigger
I'm a bit worried it would turn off my whir and thopter sword combo? Could be good enough just for the hosing it does provide

>>52612662
>Spellskite
So good. I have a set but they slipped my mind ever since infect bit the bullet
>>
>>52612703
My bad. It doesn't stop sword of the meek
>>
>>52612654
Witchbane Orb
Trading Post
Uba Mask :^)
>>
>>52612701
No one liked the standard changes they made with removing core sets and switching the standard window back and forth, which was a relatively recent thing. Hasbro had a recent stockholder presentation (I think this is the right word for it) and the magic player base had stagnated at 20 million as well.
>>
File: Avacyn_Animu.jpg (69KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
Avacyn_Animu.jpg
69KB, 600x590px
>>52612701
More and more people are realizing that standard is a scam and turning to non-rotating formats. Also, because of the fact that there's such a small card pool, if Wizards fucks up and prints something incredibly powerful, there's less of a likelihood of there being something in the format to deal with it. The current Standard would be a good example of this.
>>
>>52612701
Modern is just too dope
>>
>>52612732
Problem is that core sets never sold well. It was healthy for standard because you had a large amount of cards that were always in standard, but the people that usually play standard would have already had most of those cards, meaning that there was no reason for them to buy the packs

origins was a good thing to have in standard though. wizards should do stuff like that again as pseudo core sets
>>
>>52612766
I just started playing during BFZ. What is a core set exactly, and how is origins a pseudo-core set?
>>
> Think DSJ will get something banned for "competitive diversity"

I want to play Grixis Shadow, but I feel like Death's Shadow is gonna catch a ban. I hoping the new set brings something to the table that helps blue in modern so I can play something similar. Until then i'll be running my old GR Tron
>>
Charbelcher or Spellweaver Helix?
>>
What is DSJ and why is it the new "overlord"?
>>
>>52612794
This thread is for people who play modern
>>
>>52612794
DSJ stands for Drunk Sword Jugglers, an equipment deck that looks to equip a hard-to-remove creature with tons of equipment, particularly the sword cycle.
>>
>>52612794
Death's Shadow jund. It makes up ~12% of the Top 8 finishing decks and has few bad matchups. Hopefully its gonna get the Splinter twin treatment soon.
>>
File: stop.png (416KB, 705x585px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
416KB, 705x585px
>>52612835
That sounds really fun. Got a decklist?
>>
>>52612791
I really really doubt Shadow is going to get banned. If Tarmo has been around forever theres no reason for DS to be banned either, he's just a low cost huge dude. The competitive diversity shit doesn't really hold water anymore.
As for blue catching a break I don't see that happening anytime soon, blue in nuMagic is so cucked and its barely a shadow of it's former self. Only way I could ever see blue ever coming back ever is if they unban their good cards or if R&D finally has managed to make not shit blue spells, which I doubt would happen anytime soon.
>>
>>52612794
3/3 for 1 mana used to be considered powerful enough to get banned. DSJ is slamming 7/7s down for 1 mana.
>>
>>52612791
>Wizards banning anything thats not blue or combo
lmao nice one anon
>>
File: never_leave_home_without_it.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
never_leave_home_without_it.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
>>52612651
Maindeck looks pretty tight, although I'd probably do this:
-1 Plains
-1 Temple
-1 Glacial Fortress
+1 Island
+1 Colonnade
+1 Mystic Gate

And then
-1 Condemn
-1 Thalia
-1 Wrath
-1 Elspeth
+1 Blessed Alliance
+1 Negate
+1 D Sphere
+1 Verdict

And for the sideboard, I'd try something like this:
2 Dispel
2 Runed Halo
2 Stony Silence
2 Rest in Peace
1 Blessed Alliance
1 Celestial Purge
3 Vendilion Clique
1 Wrath of God
1 Gideon Jura

So the Wrath gets moved to the board, and the second Elspeth becomes a Gideon. Wrath is better than Verdict against green decks running Thrun, so you can bring that it, but it's not dead weight against grixis or merfolk where you get blown out when they counter it. Diversify 'walkers whenever possible so they don't end up dead in you hand and can instead tag team people on the battlefield. Gideon is also much better against decks with evasive attackers.

The Condemn becomes Blessed Alliance because BA is just generally a better card, especially when you already have 4 Paths. There's one more in the side so you can side into 10 solid removal spells.

Clique is a general answer to Tron and combo, anything where you need a clock or a peek at their hand.

Dispel gives you cheap interaction with combo/burn/infect/whatever, alongside the maindeck negates.

The six pack of enchantments hoses a wide range of decks. Two of each means you'll have a good chance of finding one at some point in the game, but little chance of flooding on redundant cards.

And Purge is just cheese in Modern. Kills everything from Keranos to Bitterblossom.
>>
>>52612117
Can't lose to something you've never played against (v:
>>
>>52612873
But Anon, Grave Troll isn't blue ;^)
>>
>>52612789
Core sets were stand- alone sets printed every year. They had little to no story attached to them and were mostly there to reprint various standard staples (lightning bolt, cancel, stuff like that) and/or keep Standard healthy. They also were good points of entry into the format because they were simple mono colored sets and generally set a baseline power level for the coming standard season.

However, later core sets (specifically m13- m15) weren't very well received. So, WotC decided that along with their revamp of their story, Origins would be the last core set and kick off a new age for Standard.
>>
>>52612902
But it's combo tho
>>
>>52612915
Remember when a central planeswalker went off the rails because of Liliana then was never seen or heard from again?
>>
>>52612789
A core set was generally a set of cards that were always in standard and basically always enabled at least basic archetypes

Mana dorks, cheap burn spells were always in the sets meaning that green ramp decks or burn decks/aggro were always a thing because their core cards were always available. It also meant that there were more answers available for threats since wotc could print generic removal without having to tie it to a specific plane.

TLDR: Core sets are for cards that standard needs but that they don't want to put in "real" sets

Origins had a lot of the same ideas as core sets in terms of having generic cards without a central thematic focus as a block
>>
>>52612789
It's literally a set of reprints. After awhile WotC started printed unique cards for the set, but for the most part it's just reprints. Essentially it's a tool to establish a base power level for each color, and provide each color with basic answers they can utilize to shore up weaknesses in your expert level sets.
>>
File: IMG_2800.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2800.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Rate this meme please
>>
>>52612873
green actually has the most banned cards of any color. Blue would be tied first if you count twin as a 'blue' ban. White and black are tied last with 2 bans each.
>>
>>52612968
>phone picture of computer screen
>>
File: turn one.jpg (29KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
turn one.jpg
29KB, 375x523px
>>52612968
That's some pretty subtle bait there. (You) get a 5/10.
>>
>>52612968
>phone screenshot of a picture taken by said phone
>all those expeditions
7/10 got me to bite.
>>
>>52612794
this guy >>52612835 is memeing you.

it stands for Dark Depths suicide Jund, a dark depths combo that runs jund colors and leverages it's life total

>>52612841
>death's shadow jund
lmao nice meme, Death's shadow in jund? Like he'll believe that. Next you'll tell me the deck runs shitty delirium cards too
>>
>>52613038
Why would it run delirium cards? They don't even synergise with death's shadow. It runs fateful hour cards.
>>
>>52612835
>>52612841
>>52613038
Fuck all you autistic memers, this guy is clearly new and trying to get actual information on DSJ. All you're doing is discouraging him from coming here to discuss the format.

DSJ actually stands for Dimir Sneaky Juggernauts, a U/B combo deck that looks to cheat out fatties like Blightsteel Colossus and Wurmcoil Engine.
>>
>>52613102
Can we stop?
>>
>>52613112
No brakes on this train
>>
>>52613102
>tfw you quicksilver amulet in a blightsteel on turn 5
>>
File: mfwjustright.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mfwjustright.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>52613141
>tfw you quicksilver amulet out your fatty on turn 4 because you accelerated into a turn 3 amulet with Mind Stone
>>
>meme culture developed in Modern General

It was a good ride lads. No point attempting any conversation now.
>>
>>52613173
Fuck I need more DSJ tech. You run SSG? I was thinking about doing it even without any red spells.
>>
>>52613199
SSG is good, it lets you cheat DS out a turn earlier.
>>
>>52613199
There are basically 2 schools of thought regarding SSG among DSJ players - some think it's worth it for the potential of an earlier amulet more consistently. Others think that the basic mana rock package (mind stones and Dimir Signets) are superior for their consistency and usage after you've cast the amulet.

I personally fall into the 2nd category. I prefer using those extra slots for counters and removal to protect against aggro decks.
>>
File: IMG_8235.jpg (41KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8235.jpg
41KB, 223x310px
>>52613199
DSJ
Dream
Stalker
jeskai

fuck trolls
>>
>>52612794
DSJ = Donkey Shrek Jund. But don't worry, it's just some meme deck.
>>
>>52613247
>>52612794
this

>combos with some meme card and dream stalker

sorry to kill the fucking meme party
>>
>>52612835
>>52612841
>>52613038
>>52613102
Can we all fucking stop pretending this place is /v/ and help someone who's obviously new to the game instead of shitposting? Go fucking post on /b/ if you want shitty memes so badly.

>>52612794
As for DSJ it stands for Dragon Sultai Jade Idol, A deck that uses dragons and jade idol to have big threats as early as turn 3 with fast mana.
>>
>>52613245
Fuck I'm stupid I meant Talisman of Dominance, not Dimir Signet.
>>
>>52612654
ethersworn canonist
welding jar
trinisphere/thorn
tidehollow sculler
myr superion
expedition map
scourglass
lotus bloom
sun droplet
jinxed idol
the rack
ratchet bomb
>>
>>52612731
>Uba Mask
What is that supposed to stop? Niv Mizzies + Curiosity
>>
>>52612835
>>52612841
>>52613038
>>52613102
>>52613247
>>52613253
>>52613263
What are you guys even talking about? DSJ isn't a deck, it's a ship: Dovin Baan X Sorin X Jace. It's the hottest thing among the vorthos community.
>>
>>52612925
Garruk was in m15
>>
>>52613309
Well it turns off counterspells drawn after it's out. It's actually a pretty cool card
>>
>>52613321
Fuck off fujoshit everyone knows it means Domri x Saheeli x Jace. Don't try and force your fag agenda and smother the only good poly relationship this story has.
>>
>>52612731
So is trading post supposed to be repeated life gain against burn? Wouldn't Sun Droplet just be better?
>>
>>52613361
What Trading Post offers is utility. You wouldn't think it's that great just from looking at it, but give it a try and see what you think. The Tezzerator guy in my meta swears by it.
>>
File: MarshFlats.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
MarshFlats.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52612117
>Playing?
Naya Burn. Or is it Burn with Green splashed for Atarka's Command?
>Hating?
Being too much of a pussy to enter tournaments
>Brewing?
MonoBlue control and BW tokens.
>Why won't they print playable spells for modern?
I consider a set successful if they have at least one modern playable card. Fatal Push.
Goblins!
More cheap goblins with awesome effects. Like Pay one red to win the game or something like that.
It's aggressive.
Only played against it once. I lost.
Anything with elves.
Mishra's Bauble! Nah, if something gets banned WotC will fuck up and miss.
It's great! I hate it but I'm still impressed when I see it.

So I bought three MM3 packs from this store I don't think many know about and got Arid Mesa and Marsh Flats. It felt awesome!
>>
is DSJ even a real deck?
>>
>>52613659
You want to know the truth, the real, undeniable truth about DSJ? It's a deck that would break Modern in two, if only it's true nature were known.

Within this spoiler is rare gameplay footage of DSJ. I had to get it off the dark web. Enter at your own risk: https://www youtube com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
>>
>>52613659
Blasphemy
>>
>>52613659
DSJ is a modern general meme created to confuse newcomers. It's not a real deck anon, sorry.
>>
>>52613682
song name?
>>
>>52613466
Bauble ban actually doesn't do much.
There's plenty of 0-cost artifacts that kill themselves into graveyard. The only thing lost would be the card draw, which is big, but the single DSJ player at my store runs Tormod's Crypt instead since he values mainboarded graveyard hate over a card.

It will never happen, but a Street Wraith ban would be hilarious. Both that a shitty common gets banned, and also for the card hoarders who kicked the price to $7.
>>
>>52613659
I'll give you a hint. In the previous thread, OP mentioned a deck with the initials DSJ
>>
DSG > DSJ
>>
File: 121212.jpg (5MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
121212.jpg
5MB, 2560x1600px
>>52612117
>Playing?
Junk

>Hating?
Nothing right now. Blood Moon decks are kinda annoying but that's life

>Brewing?
Constantly working on making a Sultai list but it's hard to do something better then jund/junk or Grixis

Muh sideways and muh creatures

Sultai

Dual Color goodies in sultai colors. Leovold, Baleful Strix, Shardless. unban Mind Sculptor

Decent

Honestly, DSJ gets bullied by most fair decks. Whenever I played Grixis Control or Abzan against it I feel favored if only slightly.

n/a

Unsure. If KCI combo gets any tournament results it's gonna get banned immediately.

Fun
>>
>>52613744
Other decks get results all the time. Why would KCI get B& if a got a few results?
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
Can i use Detention Sphere on an enchantment - aura that a Hexproof creature is equipped with.

I mean, i use detention sphere on a Rancor that a Slippery Bogle is equipped with.
>>
>>52613772
Just because of the nature of how it wins

It often takes awhile for someone playing KCI to sequence everything right to win even if they are playing fast and WotC doesn't like that.

It's the reason they banned Second Sunrise from the first eggs deck, it didn't have insane tournament results or anything, it just took to slow to combo and felt tedious and time-consuming to be on the other side.
>>
>>52613801
Yes. The aura itself is not hexproof.
>>
>>52613738
>DSG
Ah yes, I can see it. Cutting black makes the manabase a lot less painful, and allows you to fill the deck with solid creatures like Burning-Tree Emissary, Experiment One, Goblin Guide, and Reckless Bushwhacker.
>>
>>52613825
sorry i meant DSGr
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763KB, 1024x768px
4x Blood Moon
4x Goblin Bushwhacker
4x Goblin Guide
2x Goblin Wardriver
4x Legion Loyalist
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Goblin Grenade
4x Foundry Street Denizen
3x Goblin Piledriver
4x Mogg War Marshal
4x Quest for the Goblin Lord
4x Krenko's Command
2x Goblin Chieftain
1x Goblin King

18x Mountain

Is this any good? what should i keep and what should i remove to keep 60 cards?
>>
File: Bushwhacker5-8.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Bushwhacker5-8.png
137KB, 223x311px
This is the standard Goblin build, usually referred to as 8-Whack: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/478349#paper

Your build is pretty close, you'll just need to make some minor adjustments. 8-Whack is a pretty solid deck that can definitely win games.

Have fun throwing gobbo's at your foes.
>>
>>52613967
>>52614047
Fug, forgot to reply to your post.
>>
Won a GPT today with Death's Shadow Jund. Was pretty packed for a GPT, feels good. Deck is sweet and really fun
>>
>>52613808
Makes sense. Any chance they'll ban lantern? Lock is set up in the first few turns, but it takes a long time for it to close out the game.
>>
File: rafiq.jpg (219KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
rafiq.jpg
219KB, 480x680px
Why is this guy not good enough for Modern as a game ender? Dude won me so many games where I suddenly swung for 12 or 14 flying damage.
>>
>>52615103

mana-taxing, dies to bolt

really, voltron strategies work mostly on EDH and there are probably better things to do with 4 mana in a bant shell
>>
>>52613466
Enter a tournament anon, they're fun. Got second place the other other piloting an unfinished naya burn deck, I imagine you'll do well.
>>
>>52615103
He doesn't have flying...
>>
>>52615233
One would assume he gives it flying with another source, anon. It also only deals a max damage of 8 on it's own, yet he referred to 12-14.
>>
>>52615233
I was thinking while having Elspeth 1.0 out. She can give +3/+3 and flying until eot
>>
>>52612341
Why not G/W senpai

>condemn
>path
>blessed alliance
>>
>Tfw just want to play my rogue deck, Junk Devotion to Gary
>Been tweaking it for years now because it's fun and I like it
>It's just not as good as a tier1 deck
>My only desire is the ability to show up to local modern tourneys and have a winning record

>Played on Friday, 0-3
>Lost to normal Affinity 1-2, just couldn't find my sideboard cards
(1 Nature's Claim, 3 Stony Silence, 1 Fulminator Mage)
>Game 3 against Affinity was just WhereIsMyLand4.jpg with Languish in hand
>Lost to Budget Burn 0-2
>Game 1 dropped Phyrexian Arena to dig for land 5, had two gary's in hand and was a turn late getting the land
>Game 2 I mulled for Leyline and couldn't find a functional hand let alone the leyline
>Lost to BU Flicker pretty much just because I couldn't find any of my Obliterators or Siege Rhinos ever

Going to go count my lands, but I've lost awareness of the meta due to trying to graduate college. Is Voice of Resurgence still good? Should I be running 2 or 3 Liliana of the Veils? My removal, since I'm midrange, is 4 Inquisition of Kozilek, 1 Thoughtseize, 4 Path, 4 Abrupt Decay, the lilis, and 2 Languish (Languish doesn't kill Siege Rhino or PO). Creatures are 4 Bloodghast, 2 Voice of Resurgance, 3 Phyrexian Oblit, 3 Siege Rhino, 2 Gary, 1 Blood Baron of Vizkopa, and then 3 Phyrexian Arenas

I think the above list is accurate? But it's been a while

Any input for me? other than kill myself preferably
>>
Just play mono black devotion if you want to pull that shit, green and white do nothing in your list
>>
>>52615730
If you're responding to >>52615687

Then you're an idiot
>Stony Silence
>Leyline of Sanctity
>Siege Rhino
>Path
>Abrupt Decay
>Scavenging Ooze
>Nature's Claim
>>>do nothing

I've had enough of getting my shit pushed in by affinity thank you
>>
File: 1491684543582.jpg (476KB, 1326x370px) Image search: [Google]
1491684543582.jpg
476KB, 1326x370px
Which planeswalkers would best fit in a midrange Bant shell?
>>
Stupid question, why isn't Izzet Blitz a T1 deck? I've been goldfishing it, and it reliably kills turn 3-4.

>>52612117
>Playing?
8Whack Zoo
>Hating?
WotC
>Brewing?
Izzet blitz
Because WotC hates us for not buying enough sealed product.
Any of the fun mechanics WotC forgot existed like ninjitsu.
More ninja.
At least it isn't as bad as standard/10
Only ever played against it once. Got my ass handed to me.
Does Tron count?
Yes.
I don't mind the snap effect for 2CMC, but the 2/1 body it leaves behind makes me salty.
>I for one welcome our new DSJ overlords
At least it isn't Gideon tribal.
>>
>>52615766
Jesup fucking Christ, are these bots reposting old posts?

You asked last thread and got your answer already
>>
>>52615765
>>52615687
what kind of lists are people in your area running for
>languish
to be your choice of sweeper?
>>
>>52615789
>he doesn't play ninjabeardelver
laughingtwoo.tiff
>>
>>52615800
Honestly, Friday was the first time in... half a year? that I played. I don't know their lists yet.

Originally it was because I couldn't afford Damnation

Now it's I don't play enough to justify buying Damnation
>>
>>52615819
you're in junk, just use wrath
>>
>>52615765
Ok then play some eldritch evo shitbrew so you can cheat out your BBBB obliterator and birds so you can ramp into and cast your other shit, and play fracturing gust in the board if affinity is destroying you
>>
>>52615789
Was izzet blitz the deck with kiln fiend and titi? Because I think the probe ban killed it.
>>
>>52615829
Hard, and painful, to hit three fetches by turn four, because I kind of have to get all three colors online before double dipping my splash colors
>>
>>52615921
yeah I see why you're losing
>>
>>52615789
Do you take into account that your guy gets discarded and you get your shit removed and your deck is really just shitty cantrips and the probe ban killed it?
>>
>>52615958
I haven't even built the deck yet. Did an Izzet player kill your dog or something?
>>
>>52615970
Just play storm desu
>>
>>52615985
I tried. It doesn't seem to be reliable at all. Maybe I just don't have the 120 IQ it takes to play storm.
>>
>>52613726
That part was a joke anon. I have no idea what needs to be banned. Only played against the deck once.
>>
>>52615218
I imagine my Naya Burn is pretty complete.
>>
>>52616067
Then enter the next tournament anon, it'll be fun
>>
>>52615957
Yeah, this place is pretty cancerous.

You're either of accusing me of being a shit player because my manabase is greedy, or you're just affirming it's tough to get W/B W/B G/B B on turn four reliably

But in either direction you're just being an ass for not explaining
>>
>>52616096
Why don't you post your full deck list so we can help you and/or laugh at your ass? Your mana base might be fucked up.
>>
>>52616121
Do you want it sorted by type (instant/creature) or CMC?
>>
>>52616191
Do you not have a TappedOut list ready? Does nobody use decklisting websites anymore?
>>
>>52616229
I may have had one long ago. I don't play this game much since getting an adult job. I currently get home from work at 6 and the tourneys here start at 6:30. It's go to them, or eat.

Regardless, * denotes underperforming cards

Land : Swamp6, Polluted Delta4, Bloodstained ire 2, Overgrown Tomb 3, Godless Shrine2, Urborg2, Bojuka Bog1, Vault of the Archangel1

1 CMC
Inquisition of Kozilek 4
Path to Exile 4
Thoughtseize 1*

2 CMC
Bloodghast 4
Voice of Resurgence 2? (new)
Abrupt Decay 4

3 CMC
Maelstrom Pulse 2* (planeswalkers, send help)
Liliana of the Veil 2
Phyrexian Arena 3 (desire to turn one into a Lili)

4 CMC
Phyrexian Obliterator 4
Siege Rhino 3 (if I rejiger the mana base, will switch quantities with PO)
Languish 2
Sorin, Solemn Visitor 1

5 CMC
Gary 2
Blood Baron of Vizkopa 1*

Sideboard
Languish, Scooze*, Leyline of Sanctity2, Thoughtseize, Thragtusk*, Nature's Claim2, Leyline of the Void2, Dismember, Fulminator Mage, Stony Silence3

Desire to insert 2 Grafdigger's Cage
>>
>>52616283
Alright, first off: you're an idiot.

Second; Your deck is all over the place. You're playing two different gameplans between Voice + Rhino vs Obliterator + Gary. Devotion deck should always be mostly mono color with a small splash for a second color. In your case, since you hate affinity so mucch, cut everything white and have a green splash for options. You can fill in the gaps with whatever black creatures strike your fancy and go up to three Gary's. If you don't cut white, just remember that Voice is mediocre in this meta and Rhino is complete poo.

Third: Your mana base is fucked up. You don't have enough Green sources that don't kill you, and I only count 21 lands. Go up to 22 minimum. Cut a couple swamps for some mix of Blooming Marsh or Woodland Cemetary.

Basically, look at old-school Rock decks and flavor to taste for devotion.
>>
File: 55423543543254235.png (174KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
55423543543254235.png
174KB, 265x370px
>>52612117
Reminder that people will regret calling this card bad when its in every blue deck in modern outside of merfolk.
>>
>>52612117
uum, i was trying to brew up a white/blue control deck, im probably going to post the results later today if i get anywhere
>>
>>52616605
>literally bad thopter foundry
>>
>>52616605
maybe if it was free instead of 1 each
>>
>>52616605
>Reminder that people will regret calling this card bad when its in every blue deck in modern outside of merfolk.
Did you say the same thing about Cryptolith Rite?
>>
>>52616644
No. To be fair, this card might not see play in UWR variants outside of being a sideboard card until enemy cycle lands are printed.
>>
>>52616507
The voices, as I noted, are new, I don't know how they'll play out in the deck.

Going devotion is really fucking hard, because there just isn't good early options. I can't run 8 bloodghasts, and pack rat just isn't impressive enough. There's nothing relevant at all in the one drop slot. I'm experimenting with Voice.

Siege Rhino came in 100% because the deck LOSES hard against burn without it. I was originally playing Vampire Nighthawks, but then my curve got top heavy and he dies to bolt so he doesn't fix the burn problem.

I'll pick up some woodland cemetary's, I forgot about that card, I can probably jam in two of them.

So do you have a stronger 2 drop creature for me? Do you have a better answer for "aw shit Ugin hit the board"? Do you have some kind of protection against burn for me?
>>
>>52616979
>Disregards most advice and still wants more.
>>
>>52617019
>Advice isn't useful
>Ask specific questions after explaining the deck better
>get greentexted at
>>
File: 1448476974529.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1448476974529.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>52616605
>>
>>52617079
Alright, first off: You are an idiot.

Not the same guy, but I agree with him. Good decks always pick up a gameplan. Yours is divided between two, which ultimate has to mean it excels in neither. You want to play devotion, but have ONLY 2 Garys and not enough cards to pump the black devotion. What's the point?

You have 13 over 4cmc cards, but only 21 lands. Are you sure you are going to get land drops to ever get there properly?
>>
>>52616979
It's hard cause your trying to go 3 colors then wonder why your killing yourself with a painful mana base.

Either splash green for decay/ooze/artifact removal of your choice/feed the clan.
Or You could be silly with a loam/crime/vengeful Pharoah package

Or white for RiP/stony/timely/blessed then you can run lingering souls

There's relentless dead and gatekeeper at 2cmc, fatal push at 1, DS if you want to lean that way.

And play fucking collective brutality
>>
What percent of the meta will Death's Shadow Jund have to be before they ban it? I'm guessing it gets to at least 20% of the meta within a few months if not more
>>
File: Image.jpg (33KB, 310x223px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33KB, 310x223px
>>52617225
This mentality is what's keeping me from jumping on the hypetrain. The Grixis version looks fun, but I'm not sure how functional the deck would be without DS if it catches a ban.

On an unrelated note, can someone answer a rules question? I'm just returning to magic off a break and the Fuse cards are new to me, but how does Breaking // Entering work with Emrakul? Do both spells resolve THEN Emrakul's shuffle graveyard, or do you have to shuffle the GY before the right side resolves?
>>
>>52617335
Both halves take effect before the 'shuffle your graveyard into your library' trigger.
>>
>>52617380
Thanks famalam
>>
>>52617335
if you fuse breaking and entering both sides will finish resolving before any other abilities can trigger. breaking//entering can reanimate emrakul

there was a deck kind of built around that principal called expertise abuse but they literally just made a rule change like two days ago changing how the cmc of split cards is treated, which killed that deck in the process.
>>
>>52617335
You can animate emmy before the shuttle, as a bonus your opponent can't respond and exile emmy before you reanimate.

I can't wait for the new cmc rule.
>>
>>52617407
>oh no I hate that this tierless jank deck exists, why aren't more people playing DSJ?
You ruined this format.
>>
I'm trying to build tidehollowtaxes.dec are there any other good processors besides wasteland strange? Is judges familiar and smugglers copter too cute?
>>
File: Image (8).png (139KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (8).png
139KB, 223x311px
>Post my Mardu Shadow list on MTGSalvation
>Someone reccomends and actually argues for the inclusion of Zurgo Helmsmasher
Am I being trolled?
>>
>>52617460
Literally google Eldrazi processors and you'll get your answer. It's no btw. Also copter is okay, I find Familiar to be eh. Just BW Eldrazi Taxes is okay though, but it's swingy. I do believe the deck is capable though, there's just better ways to play Eldrazi. But Strangler is a fun and good card in that deck. Keep it to 2 copters though, but yes I like it to an extent
>>
>>52617449
>suggested multiple different options, some tier, some not.
>reeee get DS out of my safe space
>>
>>52617487
>posting on mtgsalvation

You brought this on yourself. While the deck primers used to be good, they're now incredibly outdated, and Salvation is a cesspool of faggots who would line up to suck off MaRo given the chance and think that every janky card ever printed is unironically good.

As opposed to us, where we're a cesspool of faggotry who would line up to suck off tier 1 decks if decks had penises.
>>
>>52617487
I feel like this could have cost 3 and still been not that great
>>
>>52617487
no reason to include zurgo at all, even if by some miracle of god zurgo wasn't a 5 mana 7/2 and instead was a good card for modern your deck probably has far better options for any flex slots you might have

mind if I ask for your list? though I assume the core looks something like
>bolts
>paths
>thoughtseizes
>inquisitions
>death's shadow of course
>orzhov charms
>liliana
>bob
>>
So I play Ad Nauseam and I just realised something hilarious.

I can't beat a resolved Amonkhet Gideon with Emblem in game 1. Game 2 and Game 3 I can deal with him after boarding with stuff like Echoing Truth but game 1 I have 0 ways to remove him.
>>
>>52617842
Can't you shoot your opponent with Lightning Storm, redirect to Gideon, then win the game with Lab Maniac? Takes a lot of mana, but it's an out nonetheless.
>>
>>52617817
Here's my list
Land (18)
4x Arid Mesa
2x Blood Crypt
4x Bloodstained Mire
1x Godless Shrine
3x Marsh Flats
1x Mountain
2x Sacred Foundry
1x Swamp
Creature (12)
4x Bedlam Reveler
4x Death's Shadow
4x Street Wraith
Instant (14)
2x Kolaghan's Command
3x Lightning Bolt
4x Manamorphose
2x Path to Exile
3x Terminate
Sorcery (16)
2x Collective Brutality
4x Faithless Looting
2x Inquisition of Kozilek
4x Lingering Souls
4x Thoughtseize

No Orzhov charms, cause 80% of the time it's just a bad terminate, might run 1 at most. No Bob because I needed another beater, and Bedlam Reveler is literally the only other decent sized creature in Mardu Colors. And you can't flip him with Bob. No Lili cause I was trying to keep the deck really low to the ground to tap out every turn and play all my spells and empty my hand quick for a fast reveler. I could probably find a place for Lili though, she is a good card. also no Push cause a lot of my meta is Eldrazi.
>>
>>52617879

I mean theoretically I could if i somehow put out a whole bunch of excess mana from multiple Lotus Blooms and Pentad Prism's and then Lightning Stormed the Gideon for a few points of damage and then used Conjurer's Bauble to redraw it and then burn the opponent to the face.

But yes if you were running Labman in the main you do have a chance of being able to Lightning Storm the Gideon and then winning off Labman as a line. However not all AN lists actually run Labman in the main in game 1.
>>
>>52617947
No one is going to play the new Gideon so you don't have to worry
>>
>>52617970
What else can you tell me, Soothsayer?
>>
>>52616979
You cannot play a 3 color
Devotion deck. If you're going devotion go for it. Phyrexian obliterator and siege Rhino do not belong in the same deck. If you want black devotion early, play Geralfs messenger, and relentless dead.
>>
>>52617897
I dig the list, I tested a bit of mardu shadow a while back but I had a bit more of a burn centric list I guess with Vexing Devils and Bobs and a full set of Orzhov Charms. If you like the list and only have Shadow in the 1 cmc slot, also with an eldrazi heavy meta I definitely see why you wouldn't be keen on the charms, but I think I would still try to make room for battle rage in your list since both of your beaters will easily benefit from it
>>
>>52618062
I really wouldn't know what to cut, and I just can't cut morphose it just powers out Revelers into drawing 3 so fast
>>
>>52612117

>Playing?
Elves, Ad Nauseam, Bubble Hulk
>Hating?
WotC and the lack of Modern playing right now in local events.
>Brewing?
Retuning my Elves deck with new hatecards for new metagame decks(e.g Kambal, Consul of Allocation for Storm.) Also playing Allies.
They just did with Fatal Push.
Dunno, large chunk of decks in Modern were either past Standard or Extended powerhouses(Jund/Affinity, lesser played decks like U Tron and Seismic Swans still show up.) I'd really like GSZ to be back.
Yeah actually, funnily enough I can beat it with Elves and Bubble Hulk.
Nope. If anything they should actually unban a few cards instead.
>How do you feel about Bolt snap Bolt?
Seems fine.
>>
>>52617970

Funnily enough I'd probably be the one to try him out in a deck if I felt like said decks can't beat him. I mean in all honestly he's just like a really bad Worship that comes down one turn faster.
>>
>>52618135
That's honestly why I didn't make a recommendation on what to cut since the list seems pretty tight. If it were me I would probably experiment with perhaps one less faithless looting and one less lingering souls, as strange as it might sound, and try to slot in two battle rages there.
>>
>>52618136
I trashed my bubble hulk deck after they banned probe. Deck really needed probe desu
>>
File: IMG_0061.jpg (15KB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0061.jpg
15KB, 300x204px
Is Deaths Shadow Jund control?
>lots of discard and removal
>draws a bunch of cards
>controls the board, and plays a big finisher
>>
>>52618373
No, it's a Midrange deck, meaning it can easily switch between aggro or control depending on the specific matchup. For example, in a game vs. Burn, DSJ need to play control by removing threats and stabilizing. In a game vs. Tron, DSJ needs to play an aggro game.
>>
Is there any removal in u/w that's better than journey to no where at 2cmc. I need a removal spell to tutor with my muddles.
>>
>>52615623
I prefer Collective Brutality. That card is just insanely versatile.
>>
>>52612406
Modern was already the most watched/played scg format before this current standard. It's only gotten to be more in modern's favor recently.
>>
>>52612117
The idiots back with a another deck
Enjoy
i probably could loose some of the counter cards desu, also more creatures of the same kind
https://pastebin.com/XR400FJJ
>>
>>52619254
Looks like you took a draft deck and filled it out with an extra 20 cards you had lying around.

It's shit desu.
>>
>>52612117

White cartouche is good in bogles
>>
>>52619254
Lol! Looks great! You should take it to a Gp and see how you do ;^)
>>
>>52618829
blessed alliance is okay as pseudo removal in the 2 slot, celestial purge in the side isn't bad, tutoring out a snap and hitting better removal with it is probably the best option here
>>
>>52619254
This is unadulterated shit
>>
>>52619287
>draft
So im onto somthing? anyway what improvements should i make
>>
Is boggles still something?

I'm poor and have all the cards needed.
I don't really care about reputation
>>
>>52619410
yeah it's still a thing
>>
Why hasn't the OP image replaced Liliana with Thoughtseize?
>>
>>52619410

It took a hit after blessed alliance was printed but it's still probably low tier-2.
>>
>>52619330
When I say draft chaff, I mean you have a shitload of 1-ofs and none of them are good for constructed.

When brewing, try to start with 9 sets of 4 cards and 24 lands. This will force you to really assess what's in the deck, and cut down to the absolute best 9 cards available to you. Once you do some testing, adjust your ratio of cards and add additional stuff as-needed.
>>
>>52619568
Replace snap with Deaths shadow, and path with fatal push desu
>>
>>52619613
ok thanks for the tip

should i keep or loose the counter cards?
>>
>>52619623
replace everything with death's shadow desu family
>>
>>52619825
Negate is okay. If you want to play control, maybe include Negate and Mana Leak as your counterspells.
>>
>>52612793

try both on xmage, see what has a better win rate. I suspect that you'll like helix more, charbelcher is incredibly linear and has a really gimmicky game plan.
>>
>>52612793
Neither.
>>
>>52618192

Why? The deck doesn't need Probe at all. You're still fine without it.
>>
>>52620404
I don't know what your list was, mine ran probes, and it liked them, what's your list?
>>
>>52618829

At 2 cmc for transmute? Dec in Stone, Echoing Truth, Quarantine Field, Reality Shift.

Journey to Nowhere is probably the best one that's a general catch all answer. There's plenty of hoser specific ones like Celestial Purge and Radiant Purge though.
>>
File: 20170409_214700.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_214700.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
"What does your deck do?"
"It's about not playing Magic the Gathering"
>>
>>52612793

>charbelcher

man, that brings up memories

how the fuck does a belcher deck works outside of legacy anyways
>>
>>52620493

Usual blue cantrips(Sleight, Serum) and Faithless Lootings. I think I ended up swapping Ideas Unbound for multiple extra Taigam's Scheming aka Contingency Plans. The deck funnily enough has an overlap in the decklist of Ad Nauseam.

These days I'm playing Collective Brutality and testing Collective Defiance.
>>
File: Bron.png (11KB, 249x328px) Image search: [Google]
Bron.png
11KB, 249x328px
>>52620607
>white border bridges
>>
>>52620694
It's about being cheap mate.
>>
>>52619954
Should i take on more clash of wills for the bigger mana pool later?
>>
>>52620709
it's only a couple of dollars more and it looks infinitely better senpai

baka
>>
>>52620787
but the added tilt bonus is priceless
>>
>>52620619

really poorly
>>
>>52620648
That doesn't help at all cause I still don't understand your deck
>>
File: IMG_0238.jpg (443KB, 1200x1474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238.jpg
443KB, 1200x1474px
>tfw you spent 60 dollars on 2 play sets of serum visions and you hate this fucking art and actually like the new Visions art
>>
>>52620902
Why not trade them in for the art you want?
>>
Am I just shit at googling, or are there actually 2 Gideons?

...Is he going to die?
>>
Titanshift or plain old scapeshift?

>>52620963

2 gideons as in 2 cards? 2 playable ones?

And he's probably not going to die. Not in amonkhet anyways. Maybe in the next set
>>
>>52620902
Wow, worst cantrip sure got expensive.
>>
>>52620982
As in Gideon of the Trials, and Gideon, Martial Paragon.

Though it seems theres 2 Lilianas as well. Two of all the superfriends maybe?
>>
>>52621009
The other ones are from the noob starter decks, they aren't really part of the set but they'll be legal in standard
>>
>>52621009

Oh, that. The planeswalkers from the starter decks are always in the set, but with a better card.

Well, minus Tezzeret
>>
Any decks that play soulfire grandmaster or monastery mentor? I want them to be good in modern
>>
>>52621213

You can try a Burn she'll with Soulfire, but she'll be removed faster than you can say, "I cast Lightning Bolt"

Mentor is great in Vintage where you have an ass- ton of free spells, but shitty in Modern where all the fun spells are not modern legal, or banned.
>>
>>52620956
I did but I still pent 60 on them
>>
>>52620902
>60 bucks
>for 2 sets of visions

what the fuck
>>
>>52621461
It used to be an 8 dollar card, at one point a 16 dollar card
>>
>>52621009
There were two Tezzerets in Aether Revolt too.
Same for Ajani, and Chandra in Kaladesh.

Really pushing that planeswalker tribal meme.
>>
>>52621056
>not playing Tezz the Memer

He's actually not completely shit but I suspect he will never catch on with AoB overshadowing him
>>
>>52621756

Don't get me wrong, he's fine for standard, but it's really hard to go against AoB. There might be a decent UB artifact shell for him somewhere, but I doubt it
>>
>>52621895
Maybe in Dimir Sneaky Juggernauts?
>>
>>52621895
I've jammed a singleton into Tezzerator and casting him felt kinda powerful

Like, take this list for example
http://www.starcitygames.com/article/34883_Video-UB-Tezzeret-In-Modern.html
and just add him in as a 61st card
Idk, 4 Aob 1 Schemer split might be cool?
>>
What's the best deck to play if I want my opponent to be miserable but also never want to lose to aggro?

Aggro players what saps all of the enjoyment out of the game for you (besides thinking)?
>>
>>52622133

lantern, maybe

>>52622100
Felt powerful, exactly, how? I'm genuinely curious, the only thing I can see him do that AoB can't is creature removal, I doubt you need his +1
>>
>>52622164
sorry but May i ask whats AoB?
>>
File: 97.jpg (54KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
54KB, 336x469px
>>52622174
>>
>>52622133
I play burn. Not drawing at least 2 lands by my third turn. If I do get one land I hope the rest of my cards are one cmc. I haven't played it much so I don't really know what my match up is.
>>52622174
Agent of Bolas.
>>
>>52622182
>>52622186
oooooooh, different card, gotcha
>>
My friend gave me a Blue Tezzeret when it was less than 5 bucks. Now it went up quite a bit. Recently I gave him an Agent of Bolas. I don't even know if either are played in modern.
>>
>>52622133
>I want my opponent to be miserable but also never want to lose to aggro
Martyr Proc
>>
>>52612117
Made another one, last one for today
https://pastebin.com/BbpBc7rX
at least i got rid of all the one card doods in the creatures part
>>
>>52622365
holy shit this is going to break the format wide open

dsj on life support
>>
>>52622392
your bullshitting me arent you
>>
>>52622365
Bruh what even is this deck
>>
>>52622365
You're really in the wrong thread. This is just a pile of cards, most standard legal.

Modern does not mean "recent" in MTG, it is a format, and most often has nothing to do with the format standard, which is the most recent sets printed.
>>
>>52622430
>>52622427
Well shit, where is the right thread then?
>>
>>52622440
You're probably better off in a standard thread
>>
>>52622446
alright
bye then
>>
File: jhessian zombies.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
jhessian zombies.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
So with Curator of Mysteries coming out, do you guys think it would be worth dropping Pale Recluse for Jhessian Zombies in Living End? It seemed like the only reason white was being added was for recluse, so would shifting to blue be better to take advantage of CoM, Architects, and the previously mentioned Jhessian Zombies? Its out of bolt range and has minor evasion, though recluse was way bigger.
>>
>>52622465
I don't think this is what you want desu senpai
>>
>>52622365
If you want to play jank 1-ofs consider going to the EDH thread and asking them about how to get into the format.
>>
>>52622465
I love me those zomblers, could be neat tech if you have islands, althought I'm almost wondering if a 4c fetch base is where to be or if some whacky rainbowland config would work. I absolutely think the extra 1drop cyclers are worth it though. Rushing 1drops has always been my favorite style (Honorable mentions to slamming fulmy+beast within and recurring fulmy)
>>
>>52622164
Literally was the minus, and hot damn is it actually notshit in a format with darksteel citadel. Jamming then minus on a target felt good, and following it with his plus wasn't the worst feeling (mostly because it feels like putting storage counters each turn for more minuses or threaten to ult)

I don't know man, might be a meme but is it ever wrong to have a tezz in hand in that deck?

Also tested a Battle at the Bridge, aside from the hilarious flavor it was an all around decent card to have in hand. Felt like a Murderous Cut kinda, where its like a bad Fatal Push most of the time but has upside. The lifegain was cute
>>
>>52612766
how about they make a set of cards that will never rotate out of standard that they put in the deckbuilder toolkits? Then maybe they can use the toolkits to reprint a few different cards each year.
>>
>>52623055
Anything would help. I'm wondering if that's what they plan to do with the standard legal duel decks.
>>
File: THEBATH.png (29KB, 132x156px) Image search: [Google]
THEBATH.png
29KB, 132x156px
>>52612117
Excuse you sir, that three drop enchantment may be what pushes Restore Balance from fun to fun and rage inducing.
>>
>>52623055
They kind of do. If you look at the toolkits, some of the cards have a symbol denoting that they are in a standard rotation without having been printed in any of the blocs. Not many, and not anything of note, but enough to help newer players make it to FNM.
>>
File: Opinions.png (162KB, 1047x502px) Image search: [Google]
Opinions.png
162KB, 1047x502px
>>52617897
So this pic related Mardu Reveler list just 5-0d a league. Does this list look inherently better than the one I am running? It honestly feels clunkier, idk man what do you guys think, which list looks more solid?
>>
>>52624107
My friend made a deck that uses the blue sphinx. The guy that tends the shop went full retard saying it wasn't standard legal and refused to check it on wizard's site. The deck he runs is jank so no one bothered to question the legality in the first place.
>>
>>52624137

>tfw I'm only missing kommand

Should I play this? It looks like a fun deck to play.
>>
>>52624197
It looks so fucking memey desu.
>Burst Lightning
>Forked bolt
I'd reccomend playing my Death's Shadow list, I've had good success with it.
>>
>>52624178
Yeah, my LGS owner can be a sperg about rules top, but the people who actually play are pretty on the ball and he doesn't give enough of a shit to deal out penalties anyway.
>>
>>52624178
which blue sphinx?
>>
>>52625154
The one with flying with that weird ability that seems a little overcosted
>>
File: Image (5).jpg (16KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (5).jpg
16KB, 223x310px
>>52625285

I always wanted this to see modern play, it's not like it's bad.
>>
>>52625317
ColdSnap had so many neat cards. Glad I bought as much as I did in High School. Ended up with a playset or more of... everything really.
>>
>>52622299
That deck is such trash but monowhite might be the answer.
Maybe an Enduring Ideal prison deck with preboarded aggro hate could be good.
>>
>>52625479
Martyr Proc is like one card away from being top tier. All they need is a card to fight Tron.
>>
>>52625593
There's literally not a card they could print outside wasteland that would help these meme decks compete with Tron, and even Wasteland probably wouldn't do it for martyr proc
Such a stupid thing to say
>This meme grindy deck would be good if it had something to beat Tron
Yeah so would every grindy deck
>>
>>52625620
Tron is a cool deck but I'm starting to resent the fact that it folds to cancer and beats everything else.
>>
File: 1491001354866.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1491001354866.png
177KB, 367x321px
>Turn 1 get Inquisitioned
>Turn 2 double Thoughtseized
Please just fuck my ass hole raw please.
>>
What is the best card in Modern? I'd put it at either Thoughtseize or Goyf.
>>
>>52625784
Lightning bolt
>>
>>52625872
Literally what creature does lightning bolt even kill in this meta?
>>
>>52625406
mishra's bauble? spargo you legend
>>
>>52625784
Boros charm
>>
>>52624137
its trash desu
>>
>>52626069
I mean, I think that list is trash desu, looks like it just can't decide if it wants to be burn or midrange and does both poorly. But it 5-0d a modern league which isn't the most amazing thing but it does count for something
>>
>>52626041
Have way more than a playset. Would have to dig them out. Probably need to.
>>
File: SphinxOfMagosi.jpg (108KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
SphinxOfMagosi.jpg
108KB, 223x311px
>>52625734
Unless you are combo or control you shouldn't give a fuck. Remember they are also down a card when they discard you. My condolences if you are running combo or control.
>>52625154
Pic related.
>>52625406
I love Rune Snag.
>>52625917
Goblin Guide, Eidolon, Grim Lavamancer. Just naming cards in my deck that die to it.
>>52625784
Not the best but Walking Ballista has made a name for itself.
>>
>>52626120
Yeah bruh they're like 40 dollars, sell them now before they get randomly reprinted
>>
>>52626125
Sell them at 50! Idiots will eat them up.
>>
>>52626125
>>52626137

they cost as much as a hierarch i think
>>
>>52626169
Noble is at 70 right now and bauble is 50
>>
>>52625479
>that deck is such trash
>suggests an even shittier deck
>>
File: Eldrazi_Temple.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Eldrazi_Temple.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>52625784
>>
>>52626248
Hey if you're playing a trash deck it may as well be a fun one--and having 4 Leyline of Sanctity and 0 creatures main might let you gleefully shit in someone's cereal g1.
>>
>>52625917
Imagine all the shit that would be possible if we didn't have bolt.
Bolt is the gatekeeper against so much jank and planeswalkers that the format would be horrifically warped by it's loss.
>>
File: Goldmeadow Stalwart.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Goldmeadow Stalwart.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Shitty meme mono-white decks? Why not Kithkin?
>>
>>52626108
let's be honest, 60% of your wins can come entirely from having an accurately anticipated board, even if the deck is weaker as a burn deck to try to go wide if it needs to it probably still got out wins because the board hit what it needed to

or the decks it played against were just even jankier
>>
>>52626422
gets wrecked by living end
>>
>>52626506
Quite the opposite, actually.
Living End is an excellent deck, but it's actually weak to kithkin. I regularly go 2-0 against it at FNM.
>>
>>52625784

The best card in Modern is definitely Thoughtseize.
>>
>>52626525
Blasphemy! Everyone knows that Kithkins sole bad match up is Living End!

This is how it has been since the inception of Modern, and this is how it shall always be! To suggest otherwise is heresy of the highest order!
>>
>>52626525
You must have some really shitty living end players. It's favored against Kithkin something like 85/15 in game 1.
>>
Give me one good reason I shouldn't build Bant kithkin coco for the memes
>>
>>52626688
The double-dubs demand it, build KithCo! But might I ask what you need blue for? Straight W/G seems more streamlined, and provides a less painful manabase.
>>
>>52626688
Every time you post about it you'll stir up a new round of shitposting.

Alternatively, you could get an excellent winning record (or fake one) and we could take that information to reddit until they buy into the kithkin meme too. Then we'll surely get a Return to Llorwyn, which would be the spiciest meme of all.
>>
>>52626525

I'm a living end player with over ten thousand recorded games against the best kithkin player in the world and I have literally never lost.
>>
>>52626726
>return to Llorwyn
On one hand I want this, but on the other I know they'd fuck it up so I want them to stay away.
>>
File: kithkin tech.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
kithkin tech.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>52626726
shit, now I might need to buy in as well
is there an actual list floating around? All I've got is pic.
>>
>>52626688
Do it. Be the hero Modern General deserves.

>>52626747
It would either be a fantastic success with powerful cards and equal opportunity for each color to shine, or a fabulous train wreck. Either way, it will be glorious to watch.
>>
File: 1487979923052.jpg (86KB, 1032x696px) Image search: [Google]
1487979923052.jpg
86KB, 1032x696px
>>52626726
Please make this happen. If we meme competitive Kithkin into existence that would be the height of MTG shitposting.
>>
File: 4.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>52626764
Don't steal my pictures you fucking memelord.

Honestly, this general is so pathetic that when someone tries brewing something remotely interesting using an underrated tribe and some value cards they turn it into a meme.

suck my big kithkin dick you fucking faggots
>>
>>52626764
I had a shitty mono white Kithkin list I posted a thread or two back but I forgot to save it because I was plastered.
>>
>>52626817
Shut the fuck up and be happy we're trying to make something remotely playable out of your shit tribe.

Some people are so ungrateful baka
>>
>>52626817
>brewing something remotely playable using an underpowered tribe

fixed, although I have enjoyed the meme, thanks kithkin anon
>>
>>52626808
It only works if enough people buy in. If you want positive change, you need to take part in starting it.

Return to Llorwyn 2018.
>>
>>52626923
I will make the switch to Kithkin CoCo as soon as money allows, rest assured.
>>
Lets get brewing, anons! Lets start with colors. Obviously we're in W/G for Kithkin and CoCo, but do we want to splash a third color?
>>
>>52626923
they plan sets years in advance.
>>
>>52626688
When deck building, don't forget generic tribal cards exist (e.g. Door of Destinies). Also changelings exist.
>>
File: goldmeadow dodger.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
goldmeadow dodger.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>52627045
There's some natural overlap with Blue, but the Kithkin down that route are pretty bad. I'd say Red or Black for removal access.

Since I'm assuming Honor the Pure and/or lords, Goldmeadow Dodger could get useful. It also gives us access to Morsel Theft and Noggin Whack, although we certainly would want more Rogues than just him.
>>
>>52626923
Pretty sure WotC works so far in advance we'll have to wait longer even if this sways their decisions.
>>
Return to Llorwyn 2020.
>>
>>52627184
Only other kithkin rogue is shit, abort.
Stick to the core of >>52626764 since it mostly works.
>>
>>52616855
The only shell this benefits is grixis ds. And thats only when cycling your street wraiths
>>
>>52627255
It could still help boost Kinsbaile Borderguard. Add in Militia's Pride too?
With Goldmeadow Stalwart that gives us 28 creatures. 32 with CoCo. Spend the rest on removal?

I don't know that we want to splash right now.
>>
>>52627045
>>52626968
Gaddock Teeg is a non-bo with CoCo (because you can't cast CoCo when you have a Gaddock Teeg). Is Gaddock Teeg a potent enough hoser that it should be in the main deck anyways?
>>
>>52627327
I don't see him on any non-Legacy lists. We could probably pass, although one or two in sideboard may not hurt.
>>
Alright, so I assume we want about 30 Kithkin so we can consistently hit 2 off of a CoCo. Here's how I'd build the creature base:
1 Drops:
4 Goldmeadow Stalwart
2 Burrenton Forge-Tender
2 Figure of Destiny

2 Drops:
4 Ballyrush Banneret
2 Gaddock Teeg
4 Knight of Meadowgrain
4 Wizened Cenn

3 Drops:
4 Kinsbaile Borderguard
4 Preeminent Captain

Then obviously we want 4 CoCo, 4 Honor of the Pure, and maybe some Paths?
>>
>>52627383
Mainboard Forge-Tender?
Is Figure of Destiny even worth the mana investment at this point?

2 drops all look good, although as noted, Teeg hoses our own CoCo.

3 drops all good.
>>
>>52627441
I was struggling to find decent 1 drops to fill us out to a sufficient amount. I figure Figure of Destiny would be okay as a 2-of to give us a mana sink in the late game in grindier match ups. As for the Forge-Tender, it's incidental hate against burn and other decks running bolts, and in fringe cases we can sac it to block and prevent our opponent from getting lifelink bonuses.

Maybe we could replace the Forge-Tender with the 1/1 flash Kithkin? idk, there aren't a lot of good 1-drops for us aside from the Stalwart.

As for Teeg, the interaction with CoCo didn't occur to me. We can probably put him in the side and use that space for more removal or maybe land.
>>
>>52627531
Forge-Tender should be fine most matches. As a mana-sink I might prefer going wide with Militia's Pride since it boosts Borderguard, but either could work.
Then again, if we get Ballyrush Banneret up, we aren't concerned much with 1-drops. I don't know how fast this deck is, or if it even wants speed versus sustain. 8 feels about right for now however.
>>
>>52627531
drop kithkin synergy in the 1 drop slot in favor for soldier then
>>
File: 1TMxb4w.png (48KB, 780x632px) Image search: [Google]
1TMxb4w.png
48KB, 780x632px
>>52627383
>>
Would Cenn's Heir be good?
>>
>>52627383
There is a lot of devotion to white relative to mana cost. What do you guys think of having at least 1 Springbuck Shepherd. CoCo doesn't hit it, but it might be funny to beat down with some Honor of the Pure buffed goats.
>>
>>52627672
There's probably a build that includes Harbringer to fish Springbuck out, and Harbringer is still a CoCo target.
>>
>>52627618
I agree that 8 feels right.
>>52627624
I was actually thinking of putting a mana dork in that slot if we couldn't fill it with a good enough Kithkin. Noble Heirarch, while not on theme, is excellent in a CoCo shell.
>>52627631
Thank you for the data anon.
>>52627649
I'm not sold on it just because it only gets the +X/+X bonus when attacking, and only if we swing with the whole team.
>>52627672
You're right about that devotion to white. A Springjack Shepard might actually be solid here for stabilizing the board, letting us swing in with the Kithkin team while leaving the goats up to chump.
>>
Tezzeret with whir is the real deal. Buy your shit now if you want aboard
>>
>>52627753
>Thank you for the data anon.
No problem
>>
Thoughtweft Trio + Veteran's Armaments.
Preeminent Captain is already in, and he can power Thoughtweft out attacking.

This also plays into the Milita's Pride/Springjack Shepard plan to go wide.
We're getting further from CoCo however.
>>
>>52627754
Sure is. I haven't played it myself but I've played against it and it's a lot more solid than people give it credit for. I'll definitely be using some of my store credit to pick up as many copies of Whir as I can just in case the deck makes it at some big event.
>>
>>52627830
Do we want to go in this CoColess go-wide direction? And if we do, do we keep green or just go straight white?
>>
>>52627866
It's chord of calling for artifacts. It's a sleeper for sure
>>
>>52627866
>speccing on Whir instead of Padeem

Vintage level, anon.
>>
>>52627900
Gaddock Teeg requires green and is arguably a reason to drop CoCo, because he non-bos with it.
>>
>>52627631
>.9*.9=.6
I know that you can't actually treat the variables of first and second as independent, but that still seems off. What math are you using?
>>
>>52628787
Disregard this, I forgot to include all possibilities.
>>
>>52628787
Me, using probability? I just found it on the internet.
>>
File: Amonkhet Counter Preview.jpg (34KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet Counter Preview.jpg
34KB, 265x370px
>Censor - 1U
>Instant
>Counter target spell unless its controller pays 1
>Cycling U

So this is Wizards plan to save control.
>>
>>52629616
And in to the trash bin it goes.
>>
>>52629616
ok/10
>>
>>52629616
>overcosted force spike at uncommon
hot garbage
>>
>>52629616
Is this... The power of modern blue???
>>
File: Mana Leak.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Mana Leak.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52629698
Modern blue also has pic related.
>>
>>52626688

why bant over WG
>>
>>52629730
They actually consider that a problem card for standard now.
>>
>>52629616
I guess if you compare it to serum visions it isn't too bad for control :/
>>
Pyroclasm for storm sideboard y/n ?

There are couple of merfolk and elf players at my LGS
>>
File: IMG_1491812757447.jpg (233KB, 980x918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1491812757447.jpg
233KB, 980x918px
Wanna play?
>>
>>52629990

Yes.

You're not going to beat those decks with Empty the Warrens and they can beat you down before you even get a chance to combo and having Cavern of Souls will nullify any card draw you could get off Baral. Bear in mind Merfolk can quickly grow out of Pyroclasm range and Elves can too sometimes with double Archdruid and they can Chord for protection or regenerate mass board with Ezuri. So if there's just one merfolk lord or two Elf dudes on the field just Pyroclasm straight away.
>>
>>52630061

What do you do if someone brought in Wilt-Leaf Abzan?
>>
>>52630061
I hope you also run smallpox
>>
Skullcrack or Atarka´s Command in burn? With Atarka´s Command you have options. Skullcrack can kill the protected creatures that blocked Swiftspear if she can get big enough. I just can't decide.
>>
>>52630298

You run both, Skullcracks stay in the side. Atarka's in the main.
>>
>>52613173
Not using copper gnomes instead.
>>
>>52629616
I actually think this is pretty decent. If your opponent doesn't play around it it's a 1U counterspell, if they do they're down 1 mana and you spend 1 mana to replace the card, putting you at parity. Sure it's easier to play around than mana leak, but it's far better for you when the opponent play around it than mana leak, which turns into a dead card. I think this will see some play in control decks in modern.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.