[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 47

File: 1456082510921.jpg (639KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1456082510921.jpg
639KB, 1920x1200px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52552254
>Matrix_Addiction__A_Growing_Problem.trid
>Call_Of_Duty_Amazonia.sim
>Defender.IC.program
>MATRIX_CRIME_ON_THE_RISE__GOD_REFUSES_INTERVIEW.news

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: ?? (??% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'The body may die, but the mind stays. BECOME FREE'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Fulfillment.BTL...

>Code Straight
>Conserve Parts
>And never, ever cut off a dragon in a racing sim

Matrix Edition
What connection does your character have to the Matrix?
Do they use it casually, a few mails, a few shitty sim-games, the works?
Are they a full matrix native, breathing code, dreaming code, being code?
Do they use it to escape the dreary real world?
>>
File: 1421701290754.png (24KB, 740x328px) Image search: [Google]
1421701290754.png
24KB, 740x328px
>Playing a Decker
>Party Shaman is an old man with the Computer Illiterate quality
>Presume this is gonna make us enemies for most of the campaign
>Turned out to be like teaching your granddad how to use a computer but your gramps can shoot lightning from his fingers
>mfw he turned around and gave my decker a toothless grin after managing to send an email to his estranged daughter on his new commlink
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 386x383px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 386x383px
>>52610817
>have a game with two deckers
>friendly rivalry between each other
>pranks too, like forwarding dirty e-mails and the SR equivalent of installing adware and browser add-ons on each other
>they compete over who gets to hack into systems first
>at a crucial moment they put it all aside and save the party from a premature death
>>
Are full body cyborgs a thing in Shadowrun?

Take a guess why I'm asking. Also, do the GMs here do the 4 Limbs for attributes or the 5 Limbs for attributes?
>>
>>52611342
They are but they're trash.
>>
>>52611342
>Are full body cyborgs a thing in Shadowrun?
Yes, but they only exist as full limb replacements in 5e thus far.

4 limbs with torso to allow limb attributes for limits works best, imo.
>>
Is there a step by step SOP for being a rigger? I just wanna jack into a robot for great power, but this book is shitty
>>
>>52611485
Check the Rigging Rules Summary and Player Aid in the 5e Hayek Sheets folder.
>>
>>52611342
I'll root around, I think I wrote out a conversion a while ago.
>>
What are the chances of rolling 3d6 and getting three of a kind?
>>
>>52612705
1 in 36 I would think, if you just want any three matching numbers., 1 in 216 for each given value.
>>
>>52612147
Sorry, only found the parts on attributes and initiative. It's a pretty easy conversion over, though, from 4e rules. Inbuilt RCC instead of a commlink, some minor tweaks. The biggest issue is tactical movement speed. I can pastebin what I can decipher from my notes, if you want.
>>
>>52610614
My 'mage' uses the matrix and AR to fake magic.

They have 0 combat ability.
>>
Hey guys, GMing question here

What are some fullproof ways to get dick players on board for a mission?

Mine are the types of guys who spend months saying they want to raid a corp when they're barely strong enough to face gangers and when they're finally ready and I spend hours mapping an interesting dungeon crawl inside some industrial complex they just go "nah dude, we wanna steal an helicopter at the military base and just dick around"
>>
>>52613257
Your players seem intent on dicking around (whatever, I'm not gonna tell people how to have fun) so bait them with macguffins that will allow them to better dick around. Go nuts and so will they. Don't fuck around with money; go straight to gear. Waggle the keys to the helicopter in their face. Tempt them with some missile launch codes at a military base. Give them a gundam with a full tank of gas and point them in the direction of dragon. Go nuts. Your game probably won't last too long anyway if their attention spans aren't good so you might as well go all out.
>>
File: Deckers_-_logo_artwork.jpg (18KB, 341x341px) Image search: [Google]
Deckers_-_logo_artwork.jpg
18KB, 341x341px
Howdy /tg/entlemen & /tg/entleladies;

Bit of a pickle.
>>52613384
I'm looking for SR 5E character builder primer similar to the one in the D&D thread. I know next to nothing about the system, but I have an ambitious DM with a deadline rapidly approaching. Open to any suggestions on this or the other thread.

Thank you.
>>
>>52613503
Download at least the corebook from the from the OP,download and use Chummer.

Everything you could possibly want is in the OP.
>>
>>52613503
Just use a pregen from the book.
>>
>>52613852
Ew. Why don't you just tell anon you hate them?
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 3440x1440px
>Katana holsters on a commercial airline flight

Shadowrun needs more touches like this
>>
>>52614870
What is this? GIS takes me to pages mentioning both Kill Bill and Kick Ass.
>>
>>52614900
End of Kill Bill Vol 1.
>>
There's this guy at my table who dedicates seemingly his entire life to griping about the rule spaghetti despite the fact that he's super eager to play this shit.

C'mon man, we all know the books are what they are but you're demoralizing the table.
>>
>>52614939
Get the GM to pull the "final say" card. Excessive rulesfagging slows down the game for everyone else.
>>
>>52615020
No, like, it's outside of sessions. He does it off-game in the chat.
>>
>>52615081
tell him that his comments are making you have less fun? And that he should stop with it?
>>
What would be a good mechanical drawback to having a safety release mechanism at the coupling point of a cyber-arm? I'm considering something involving the strength threshold or strength rating of the arm. Capacity and Essence costs don't make too much sense at all, since it's just a modification of the attachment point of the limb.

Would it make sense for the modded coupling link to have less strength capacity, thus reducing the strength threshold of actions made by the arm?
>>
>>52615607
sure
>>
File: tumblr_nhe7lb0mzB1qkbpm3o1_1280.jpg (147KB, 741x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhe7lb0mzB1qkbpm3o1_1280.jpg
147KB, 741x960px
>>52615607
What are you trying to achieve that can't be done with a modular attachment?
>>
>>52615624
Does a modular attachment allow you to ditch the arm if someone has you by it?
>>
>>52615641
Hopefully this didn't come across as "oh but does YOUR THING do THIS?"

I'm just unfamiliar with modular cybernetics.
>>
>>52615641
Free Action to detach it if it's running wireless, Simple Action otherwise.
>>
Is the guy who i talked about transsexuality/cyberware and whatever with still here and still gathering playas?
>>
>>52615757
Much obliged, chummer.
>>
>>52615858
I mean, if you're interested, I lurk pretty much all the time.
I didn't gather a lot of interest last time, but I really didn't want to start gathering players by email immediately - that'd just turn it into a /pfg/ game, and I wanted to have people put their ideas in the thread so there could be a bit of discussion.
Also, only gathering via mail makes it seem like I'm looking for an ERP game, while I was mostly interested in seeing if it was practically possible to include certain things in a Shadowrun game (where it fits with the setting) and still be able to see the keyboard for the spaghetti when you're done.
>>
>>52616263
As we all know, social experimentation and table-top roleplaying games go hand in hand.

Yeah i might be interested.
>>
>>52616272
Roger.
Is there anything in particular you were thinking would be interesting to play? When you really think about the setting, it's amazing how many hooks and potential character concepts they are, but people just don't seem to bite onto them because "it's weird".
In the end, that's one of the main reasons people play roleplaying games, but as soon as someone becomes aware that someone else in the world could possibly get off on their character concept, they drop it like a hot coal.
The fundamental goals and motiations of humans are pretty well represented in roleplaying games, but as soon as a character who's primarily motivated by sexual satisfaction (like a shitton of people in the real world) comes in, they're treated like a joke or an unwelcome creep.
>>
>>52616314
>they're treated like a joke or an unwelcome creep.
That's because, a lot of the time, that's what they are.
>>
>>52616341
The problem is that no matter how much effort is put into them, no matter how earnestly people want to play them as a character and no matter how good the player is, the assumption is completely automatic and prevents a lot of players from making any characters they like.
I started a group about a year and change ago based on the exact same thing I'm pushing here, and it's become one of the best fucking groups I've had because people often put a lot of effort and passion in things they really want to play but usually can't.
They earnestly want to play the character, they get invested in them and they don't want to lose the opportunity they have to play them, and most of the time the only reward they need is just having the character in the game - there was one complete retard in that group who I threw out, and he was the only one who was shrill about denying that there was anything fetishy about his character.
By far the most of the time, it's the person and not the concept that breaks the character. It's just that the kind of person who doesn't give a shit about the group is the one who's the most likely to make certain kinds of characters.
>>
Consummate Professional? Is it ezcheez or is it in the realm of best practice?
>>
>>52616314
>>52616478

Right now the themes of my own campaign revolve a lot around the "necessary evil" and balancing between staying professional and becoming inhuman.

One concept i'd like to explore again would probably be that musclegrill puncher i talked about, and the whole irony of being obsessed with strength.

On top of that i'm thinking about:

- Ex-aztechonology fashion designer who wants to base his next fashion line on shadowrunners, and starts a life of crime for the sake of immersing himself for inspiration. He would regard the whole deal with a certain romanticizing naivety.

- Depressive undercover cop dwarfette with a penchant for masochism, sometimes of the kinky variety. One of those people who, despite their self-loathing, focus on themselves without thinking about what other people think when they subject themselves to needless suffering.

Then we also talked about a character who changes themselves physically through the entire campaign through cosmetic ware, personasofts etc. That'd be fun to do
>>
File: 1484293712802.jpg (75KB, 621x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484293712802.jpg
75KB, 621x900px
>>52615757
What disgusting art.
>>
How worried should I be about my Cyber-ware getting hacked? Are tier 1 Cyber Eyes a terrible idea?
>>
>>52610614
i bought the last copy of shadowrun 5e rules from a local comic shop

/srg/ is proud? ;)
>>
>>52617068
Only if you're using the wireless functionality on vision enhancement or a smartlink.

IIRC standard grade cyberware is device rating 2, which isn't great for defending against hacking on its own.
You can pick up an expensive commlink like a Transys Avalon and slave your eyes to that for extra protection, or have the hacker babysit them and duel whoever's trying to brick your peepers through the internet.

If you reeeeeeeaaaaaaaally want to shut down any notion of your eyes possibly getting hacked but still want those wireless bonuses, an internal router, datajack and spool of datacable is the incredibly invasive cybersurgery for you.
>>
>>52617195
Seconded, internal router ftw.
>>
Got a question for 5e that I can't seem to find the answer for. Can you control(not jump in) a drone via wireless? Or do you always need an RCC to do anything with a drone?
>>
File: 1420357144309.jpg (21KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1420357144309.jpg
21KB, 300x400px
Last session was the pinkest mohawk this campaign's gone.

Party consists of the Face, the Mage, Razorboy 1 and Razorboy 2 (henceforth B1 and B2) and an NPC decker. They're working with another team of runners to raid a rich fuck's underground private collection of magical artifacts.
While the other team take out the guy's live-in wage mage and suppress the vault's matrix security, B1, B2, the Mage and the Decker stealth their way through this guy's mansion to the secret entrance of the vault while the Face keeps the getaway car ticking over. They start cracking maglocks in the vault making their way to the room with all the best, most expensive and coveted treasure.
Along the way they trip an anti-tamper circuit and trigger the vault's hardwired security: that is, NeuroStun IX pumped in through the vents and a Steel Lynx with souped-up armour, a milspec pilot program, Fichetti pain inducer, Ares Screech Sonic Rifle and an FN MAG-5 MMG.

B1 and the Decker pass out from the NeuroStun while B2 and the Mage take a few boxes of stun damage. The Mage shapeshifts into a Chimpanzee and starts smashing bulletproof glass to swipe as many magical goodies as he can.
>>
>>52617395
You can use a control device action to remote control a drone, or you can use a simple action to issue a command to one drone. The complexity of the command depends on how high the pilot rating of the drone is.
>>
File: 1413227857094.jpg (63KB, 466x389px) Image search: [Google]
1413227857094.jpg
63KB, 466x389px
>>52617424
Now, we ignore some of Shadowrun's hard and fast rules in regards to magic. In this case, the Mage managed to grab a tiny hut with legs that can transport people into an extradimensional space. They stuff their unconcious fellow runners along with the loot into the magic hut and B2 follows with his rating 6 medkit to try and revive them, while Chimp Mage makes a break for the exit with the whole thing tucked under his arm.

Chimp Mage meets Steel Lynx on the way, and starts throwing down spells (at a -9 penalty to all actions) to get past the drone in any way he can. Improved Invisibility and an Ice Sheet don't do shit, and a sacrificial Force 4 bound Fire Spirit (gone in two action phases, didn't even put a dent in the drone) buys him just enough time to get out of the vault and sprint back to the car.

The Face -who hasn't had any updates since the Mage shifted- just sees a Chimpanzee wearing a baggy armoured longcoat jump into his car, turn into his friend and yell "GO GO GO GO GO" without any of his fellow runners.

Next session is trying to escape the HTR team.
>>
>>52617426
Cool thanks
>>
>>52617395
Yeah. Something I'm doing in one of my campaigns to avoid it getting hacked all the time (I'm a street sam with no hacking or rigging skills) is turning the wireless off and taping (until I can afford to get it installed) a micro-transceiver to the drone to give voice commands.
>>
>>52617464
Couldn't you slave the drone to a high rating commlink?
>>
File: Mage Hunter.pdf (77KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Mage Hunter.pdf
77KB, 1x1px
I tried to make a mage hunter, but I feel like I tried to cover too many bases at once. Alas. What do you think?
>>
>>52617493
You can, yes, but doing it the transceiver way makes it literally un-hackable. I coupled it with an internal router and a datajack. So my sam is pretty much completely off the grid.
>>
>>52617524
Note: the internal router is for my gear and cyber, not the drone. I figured I should clarify because my wording was confusing. Also, my drone is just something that follows my Sam around as basically added firepower.
>>
>>52617524
>>52617549
Also there's a couple programs you need for the drone to fire on it's own I believe. Targeting and a smartlink program as well as a smartgun system in the drone's weapon.
>>
>>52617496
What exactly do you think a mage hunter is? How do you want to hunt mages?
>>
>>52617496
>making a mage hunter
>not taking magic resistance quality
I too like to live dangerously.
>>
>>52617160
DON'T BUY CGL
DON'T GIVE THEM ANY MONEY
YOU ARE A DISGRACE
>>
>>52610614
Where are all the games listings?
I didn't see much on roll20
>>
Is there anyway to defend against grenades in 5e other than armor?
>>
>>52617496
The best way to be a mage hunter is to play a rigger.

Drones don't light up on the astral like a metahuman aura does, and if the mage wants to cast a spell on the drone they have to beat its crazy high object resistance.
>>
>>52618127
Being fast enough to escape them?
Being fast enough to catch it and throw it back?
In case of gas grenades: Toxin Protection?
>>
>>52618127
Grenades don't explode until the end of the combat turn. Make sure you're nowhere near that grenade when it goes off.

Otherwise armour, hiding behind a barrier, a high force physical barrier spell, hacking the grenade wirelessly before it even gets thrown
>>
My Adept face has a couple of points left over for when shit hits the fan. What are the best things to buy for escaping/surviving/winning combat. Won't be able to use weapons or cybernetics.
>>
>>52618513
Too Pretty to Hit and using Commanding Voice to fuck with people
>>
>>52617206
Is there a comprehensive list somewhere of which wireless bonuses require an outside network?
>>
>>52618548
>CGL
>expecting ANYTHING to be exhaustive
chummer, the only thing at CGL that's exhaustive is the pay of the bathtub craftsmen
>>
>>52618599
Okay, so if I get an internal router and datajack, my GM has to make a ruling on this for every piece of hardware I own?
>>
Wait, why the fuck do I need an internal router to datajack my smartgun to my head? Isn't a datajack a DNI?
>>
>>52618617
yes, for every bit of wireless functionality your GM needs to decide whether it just needs connection between the parts (which can be done with an internal router) or if it needs matrix access (e.g. because it needs cloud computing)

>>52618666
If you want you can connect your Datajack to the smartgun directly, Adversary. Just means that you have a cable from your head to your gun, which might get in the way
>>
>>52618617
Sadly, chummer. I'd use this general rule: if the Wireless bonus is about connecting the Augmentation to outside resources, such Matrix databases, its a no go. Otherwise, you can assume it'll work fine.

For example, a Fingertip Compartment probably doesn't access a database on Monowhips to flip out faster, so you should be fine using an Internal Router. A Skilljack explicitly states it uses the Matrix for its wireless bonus, so then its a no go.
>>
About to download 4e splats.

Which ones should i download if i'm looking for mechanics and more cool shit despite the Core book, not just fluff and adventures?
>>
>>52618737
>If you want you can connect your Datajack to the smartgun directly

See pic related. It seems to imply that I need an internal router to do that.

Also, quick-loading smartguns? Are they talking about the Free Action clip eject or is there something else I missed?
>>
>>52618794
Augmentation
Arsenal
Attitude
Contacts and Adventures
Para(-botany/-geology/-zoology)
Rigger 4 :)
Runners Companion
Runners Toolkin (all of them)
Running Wild
Safehouses
SWA
Spy Games
Street Magic
Way of the (Adept/Samurai)
Unwired
Vice
>>
File: av_by_simonweaner-da9ziyn.png (1MB, 850x1063px) Image search: [Google]
av_by_simonweaner-da9ziyn.png
1MB, 850x1063px
>>52615081
It's annoying obviously but he's doing you a solid going over this shit with a fine-toothed comb. Assuming you've got time, review his work and tell him one of
>cool we'll run it that way, thanks
>too fiddly, we're going to run it more simply so we get more time doing cool shit
>>
>>52618802
>See pic related
?
>>
File: internal.png (74KB, 347x217px) Image search: [Google]
internal.png
74KB, 347x217px
>>52618926
fuck me
>>
>>52612705
1/6*1/6*1/6= about half a percent
>>
>>52618933
to me that looks like
>if you connect your datajack or commlink to this then your augments can connect to the rest of your gear, otherwise your augments can only communicate between each other
which still allows you to connect your datajack to your smartgun or to your commlink with wires, but if you connect it to the router you only need one cable to connect to multiple devices instead of needing dozens of cables
>>
>>52618975
That's for rolling a specific result 3 times.
There are 6 possible trips to roll so the rate will be 1/36 or ~2.8%
>>
Is there anywhere I can read about sprawls outside of Seattle, like Metropole for instance? I'm beginning to plan a Prime Runner campaign and want to get it away from Seattle, since that's where our first campaign was set, but every other sprawl is either outdated or has next to nothing that I can find.
>>
File: City Divided.jpg (528KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
City Divided.jpg
528KB, 1200x802px
>>52619320
Look for books that have 'Shadows' in the title. So 'Shadows of ____' was the 3e fluff books, 'Shadows in Focus' is the 5e line, 4th didn't follow the convention because it's a shit but you can find useful info in Sprawl Sites and Feral Cities. If you want a specific place, go to the wiki and follow the footnotes.
>>
>>52611342
If you have too many cybernetics, then fmyour essence can drop really low. The lower it is the easier it is to hack you. If your essence drops below 0 you become a tech zombie.
Your body is no longer yours, it is now up for bid going to the decker with the strongest firewall.
>>
>>52619699
That's some nice homebrew, too bad it doesn't really fit into any other fluff
>>
>>52619059
>you only need one cable to connect to multiple devices
How does this work? If I have a smartgun in my hand, goggles on my head, and a commlink in my pocket, how does one wire connect to all of those?
>>
>>52619923
With wire.
>>
>>52619923
Augments <internal connection> Internal Router <Wire> Datajack/Commlink <cables> Other devices
>>
>>52619953
>>52619992
Okay, so it doesn't actually solve the 'wires everywhere' problem. My question is: What's the point of trying to handle gear with an internal router as opposed to a datajack?
>>
>>52620029
The internal router works by translating the signals from the 'ware to and from nerve signals, which means that your nerves basically become the wires.
You still need the implant to do the interpretation, but if you have it, all your 'ware can communicate through your nervous system.
>>
>>52610614
is ShadowNET cool?
>>
>>52620117
I'm not talking about 'ware. I'm talking about gear. I get that it's valuable to have all your augments connected, but I don't get the bit about broadcast enabled cyberware and the rest of the user's gear.

It seems to say that if I add a datajack to my internal router, my augments and gear can communicate. That's cool, but it doesn't actually do anything that a normal datajack doesn't do.
>>
Quick check on the Roomsweper.
It can ONLY use flechette rounds meaning it can only be 9P and +4 AP on narrow spread?
>>
>>52620497
It can use all ammo types, but uses shotgun rules when loaded with flechette rounds.
>>
>>52620561
huh
thanks mate, wording was little bit unclear
>>
>>52619423
Thanks for the help omae. Another general question about the Metropole, is Cristo Redentor still standing by Rio? I can see it still existing either way, but just wondering if there's a canon statement anywhere.
>>
>>52620315
If you wire up your smartgun to your datajack while having an internal router (or any piece of gear) you can get the wireless bonus while having wireless off.
For example you can use the "eject clip as a free action" while having your smartgun wireless off.
Certain features need matrix connection for the wireless bonus though (the example they give is the +2 dicepool from smartgun wireless IIRC) so yes your GM will need to make a ruling on everything.
>>
>>52621170
And if I just wire my smartgun to my datajack? Does that do anything?
>>
>>52621121
I think it's there, but it's also protected by magical lightning that strikes down anyone who approaches it.
Could be wrong though.
>>
File: 1481679941939.gif (925KB, 367x309px) Image search: [Google]
1481679941939.gif
925KB, 367x309px
>>52610614
>mage with radical prejudice against non-awakened people

Y/N ?
>>
>>52621194
same thing
you can track your ammo and stuff, eject clip but dice bonus need matrix connection
Rule of Thumb:
Doing something(switch mods,open, eject,)-needs DNI
Provides Bonus Dice - need matrix connection
The idea is the removing modular limb, for example, needs wireless for the speed of sending the commands
Bonus dices need access to the matrix for that cloud processing power
>>
>>52621777
There's nothing in the actual core book that says a cabled connection to gear grants non-matrix wireless bonuses, that's what the internal router system does.
>>
File: wireless_firearms.png (53KB, 397x130px) Image search: [Google]
wireless_firearms.png
53KB, 397x130px
>>52621829
But a DNI is a DNI. Check pic related.
>>
>>52621909
Technically since that's under wireless you still need to have wireless on, the DNI just augments your wireless capability because CGL is fucking retarded.
But fair enough playing SR by RAW is even more retarded
>>
My players' next run will be figuring out why so many accidents are happening on a huge Horizon movie set, the debut feature of a popular singer.

What is moviemaking like in shadowrun? Does each of the actors wear simsense recording hardware disguised in their costume? What new security measures might be in place? Is magic used for anything else besides special effects?
>>
>>52621946
check Attitude (4e)
>>
>>52621943
So if I were to chuck RAW out of the window, how do I rebalance the internal router? Is getting the wireless bonuses from your ware good enough to justify the essence and nuyen? (.7 and 15k, I think)
>>
>>52621974
It's limited in it's use, but it's very useful for stealth operations where you still want all your gear to get (limited) wireless bonuses while being invisible to deckers completely. Personally due to the heavy essence penalty I'd just fluff it as using some hypernovahot encryption frequencies or other dumb shit to give full wireless functionality for anything you've got plugged into a datajack while being invisible, because it's basically the cost of a cyberarm or a rating of muscle replacement.
>>
>>52621974
Skinlink
>>
>>52622026
I think you misunderstood what I mean by 'chuck RAW out'. I meant allowing anything with a hardwired connection to a DNI to receive limited wireless functionality.

Ex: gun>wire>datajack gives you the basic functionalities (ammo ARO, clip eject, etc.)

>>52622051
I haven't heard of that. Which book?
>>
>>52622091
It's from 4e
>Skinlink: With skinlink, a device is adapted to send
>and receive data transmitted through the electrical field on
>the surface of metahuman skin. Though limited to touch,
>skinlink communication has the advantage of being protected
>from signal interception or jamming.
Basically it uses your skin for a wired connection
>>
>>52622091
Go by common sense
Does it make sense for the smartlink to give you info on its processes and does sending command with your mind to drop clip be a free action?
You don't need internet to check the files on your phone if you connect it to your pc with usb.
>>
>>52622277
Right, and RAW the first thing you wrote can only be accomplished wirelessly unless you have an internal router.

So my question is: If I take one of the internal router's abilities (spoofing certain wireless abilities over wired connections) and apply it to everything on a common sense basis, does that make the internal router underpowered for its cost?
>>
>>52622322
I think its overcosted in terms of Essence Cost. I wish there was a complimentary Internal Router which used and expanded your Skillwires, MBW, or Wired Reflexes, with a reduced Essence Cost.
>>
>>52622322
for .7 essence and 15k?
Not worth it at all
the only niche I can see it being usefull is for Reaction Enchancers and Wired Reflexes being able to communicate with each other and some Infiltrator builds
If you want to "rebalance" it I would say make it armor mod instead. Basicly bunch of wires in your jacket that lead to you datajack, X number of connected devices per capacity.
Or lower the essence cost
>>
>>52616263
Is this still a thing? I might be interested if the time is right.
>>
>>52621974
Everyone's missing the most important part, you can't get hacked with something on an internal router with the wireless switched off. That's the big bonus. Then you can link all your cyber and not have to worry about it getting shut down or bricked.
>>
>>52622881
And also get smartgun bonuses and other wired bonuses while you're off the grid.
>>
/srg/ what're the best attributes for a rigger/driver to take?
>>
>>52622947
Used Wired Reflexes 3
>>
>>52623052
Don't be mean chummer

>>52622947
You want to focus on driving or just taking it as a side thing?
>>
Is there any info on Spokane in setting? Our GM made it so comfy and surrounded by woods my PC wants to retire there. How does the canon show it?
>>
>>52623086
Side thing
Mostly rigging.
>>
>>52623245
NAN Territory
Check:
Gun Heaven 3 p2
Shadows of North America 120, Map: 117
>>
>>52623324
Swarm or Killerdrones?
>>
>>52623324
Reaction to drive while jumped in, Logic to shoot while jumped in. But if it's a side thing you may want to rely on your RCC and autosofts to do the driving and the shooting.
>>
>>52623349
What do you recommend?
>>
>>52623353
I probably will jump in quite a bit. I meant driving vehicles is my secondary.
>>
>>52623378
Depends on your preference
With a Swarm you get yourself a RCC and a fuckload of flying drones, equip them with automatics and have them SUPPRESS EVERYTHING
With Killerdrones you get yourself a Control Rig, get one or two drones, kit them out with high armor and guns and shit, and let them basically be secondary sammies which you jump in

With the first you need many cheap drones because you'll need to replace them often. With the second you put a lot of nuYen into not having to replace them
>>
>>52623442
Thanks for the info chummer. I think I'm gonna go swarm. I like the versatility that can provide.

I'm using Sum to 10. What would you recommend for priorities? I was thinking resources A, attributes B, skills B, then the other two E.
>>
>>52623467
Seems fine to me
>>
I don't suppose there's a mac-friendly version of Chummer5? Or will I just have to wait until I get home to my PC?

Actually, what language is it written in? Maybe I could just run it form the source code.
>>
>>52623503
.NET I believe, so it's windows only.
>>
>>52623503
Apparently it works somewhat when using wine
>>
Yekka, adding the 2050 Cyberspur crashes chummer.
>>
>>52621702
Sure, if you like first session suicide.
>>
File: 1373170349951.jpg (1MB, 1800x1268px) Image search: [Google]
1373170349951.jpg
1MB, 1800x1268px
>>52622913
Internal Router only provides wireless bonuses for items that don't require external data. Since you can only get the environmental data the smartlink uses for the extra bonus die from other sources, it doesn't work like that.

In my games I've cut the price to about 10% of the original, but it only allows you to use the Action-reducing effects of having wireless on.

>>52623503
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/wiki#using-wine
Should work.

>>52623882
Bah. That's what I get for trusting that people test their pull requests properly. I really need to get the testing suite online. Should be fixed in the next patch.
>>
File: 1362329360641.jpg (7KB, 109x127px) Image search: [Google]
1362329360641.jpg
7KB, 109x127px
>Revolvers are their own subtype
>There are only 4 of them
>They are all worse than the Predator

Why did they even bother to make this a category
>>
>>52624118
>Not twirling warhawks with handloaded APDS rounds and doing trick shots for DAYS
Anon please
>>
>>52624118
Because sometime you want style over optimization
>>
>>52624118
Because no matter how amazing future tech gets there will always be a fag who wants to gimp themselves with retro gear.
>>
>>52624118
>not wanting to say Do you feel lucky, cyberpunk?
>>
How much of an asshole are you if you use barbed arrows, the pin maneuver, and contact preparations of glue strip?
>>
>>52624339
an asshole that lives dangerously?
>>
>>52621652
Neat, and thanks again. Even if it's wrong, that's how I'm going to represent it, I was mainly asking for aesthetic purposes anyway, I don't plan on my players wanting to get too close to the statue anyway.
>>
>>52624118
>CGL
>into guns
What category is an BAR M1918?
>>
>>52624423
Light Machine Gun.
>>
>>52624439
What about an FG42?
>>
>>52624364
?
>>
>>52624423
AR that only fires in FA. Not enough ammo capacity to really qualify as an LMG.
>>
>>52624452
Another AR.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>52624475
>FG42
>AR
>>
>>52624150
>>52624176

I'm actually trying to find out what can be done with a pistol to make it worth a damn.

What mods do you even grab for these? Since it doesn't need RC because it's SS... Smartgun, but what else?
>>
>>52624118
I'm more pissed about how not only are machine pistols a separate category from light and heavy pistols--despite the fact that there are still light and heavy pistols with burst fire--but that they fall under the automatics skill, because God forbid automatics not be the best firearms skill in every single situation ever.
>>
>>52624494
He asked for Shadowrun classifications, it doesn't have the sheer magazine capacity to fill the LMG role.

Don't be such a turbo-autist, omae.
>>
>>52624452
Thanks for giving me a hard one, chummer.
I'd put it at Assault Rifle. Its closer to a Battle Rifle, but 5e doesn't have the Battle Rifle as a distinct weapon category any more.
>>52624457
Ammo Capacity has nothing to do with being a Light Machine Gun. Its a LMG with an awful magazine capacity. Being a poor weapon for a Shadowrunner in 2076 doesn't have anything to do with it. It'd have a statblock in one of those Gun Heaven pdf supplements as a vintage firearm, and then a modernized version with a 100 round belt.
>>
>>52624605
It has everything to do with it omae, an LMG that can't into suppressive fire isn't doing an LMG's job.

Like you say, SR has no battle rifle classification, and these are both closer to assault rifles than LMGs, The BAR miiight be an LMG, since it only fires full auto, but the FG42 is select fire. Select fire=AR. It's science fact.
>>
>>52624650
At the time it was deployed, the BAR was used for suppressive fire though. It's what it was designed for.
>>
>>52624650
>since it only fires full auto,
The M1918 BAR had select fire in early models. It was replaced with a rate of fire selector for the FA mode.
>>
>>52624605
>5e doesn't have the Battle Rifle as a distinct weapon category any more.
Only 4e has that.
>>
>>52624877
5e has the Crockett EBR.
>>
With a MysAd, should I use my Power Points on Increased Reflexes and eat the -2, or should I simply have the spell on hand and use the PP for other shit?
>>
>>52625092
Eat the -2 for what?
>>
Thoughs on an 83 year old razorgirl who fought in the eurowars and went into mercenary work, only to be shoved into a shitty nursing home by her ungrateful kids? She sneaks out and runs at night to feel the rush of combat again and to show those younguns that biowhatsits and wifigamawhats don't mean shit compared to experience and chrome.
>>
>>52625092
Take the increased reflexes spell
Take random other buff spells

1: Summon spirit of man (force 6 so you only take stun if the drain doesn't work out)

2: Have it hit you with two buff spells, use your tasks to have it try again if you don't get enough hits. have it sustain them on you
(Optional: Use the leadership skill direct action to give it bonus dice on casting these)

3: Take stimpatch if necessary to take away stun.

4: Have it use the movement power on you and sustain it to increase your movement speed x6

5: Go on run while fast as fuck

6: ??????

7: Profit.
>>
>>52625092
With enough dice/edge, Increase Reflexes can actually hit the Initiate dice cap without drugs. Plus extra hits above +5d6 still add to your initiative.

However, with Improved Reflexes. you don't have to worry about anything besides Background counts, no foci or sustaining or counterspelling.
>>
>>52625166
>Spirit Of Man + Movement
>If used on targets other than the critter, it also only functions in terrain that the critter controls
>faggotry intensifies
>>
>>52625210
Terrain that critter controls
Spirit of man
?????
urban areas?

Yes, shadowrun has shit editing. ask your local dm about each of these steps.
>>
File: 1466605696083.gif (550KB, 278x227px) Image search: [Google]
1466605696083.gif
550KB, 278x227px
>>52625210
>tfw you can move at 200 kh/m only when in flesh
>tfw sex god
>thanks spirit of man
>>
>>52610614
Whats a good name for a rouge Saeder Krupp AI that is killing people it thinks are evil and thinks of itself as a protector of humanity.
>>
>>52625241
rouge, probably.
>>
>>52625227
I know it's probably covered in great detail in 3e ... but it was a joke.

I wouldn't actually limit SoM Movement to inside men, while wearing man-slippers, or whatever.
>>
>>52625241
Gevatter Tod
>>
File: Technomancers+ (v1.0).pdf (337KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Technomancers+ (v1.0).pdf
337KB, 1x1px
Well, this is certainly a thing.
>>
>>52625241
Depends on what S-K intended it for, I think. Although, then it could be called Project Codename: Zebra, for all we know.

Unless it decided to adopt a new name, in which case, I think pulling something from fiction or religion would make sense.
>>
>>52625241
Drachenprozess
>>
Do Sharpshooter and Strive for Protection stack?

If they don't, whey the fuck would you ever take the latter?
>>
>>52625505
I let them stack at my table because its silly fun. Strive for Perfection reduces called shots by half, which means the Called Shot (Genitals) is only a -5 penalty.
>>
>>52625505
There is zero official guidance for what order they stack in.
>>
Anyone got a good portrait for an AI?

That isn't Apex from Dragonfall.
>>
File: SS2 - SHODAN.jpg (856KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SS2 - SHODAN.jpg
856KB, 1920x1200px
>>52625632
>>
File: 1479947050184.jpg (239KB, 600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1479947050184.jpg
239KB, 600x1200px
>>52625632
>>
File: Al_borland-248x3001.gif (28KB, 210x310px) Image search: [Google]
Al_borland-248x3001.gif
28KB, 210x310px
>>52625632
>>
>>52625370
So Is this alt rules for Technomancers with 4th ed rules translated over to 5th?
>>
>>52625430
I think I'm going to go with Drachenmutter.
>>52625423
Honesty I'm not 100% sure, but it has had a lot of time from its intended use to its killing spree.
>>
Long shot but anyone here play/have played 2nd edition?
>>
>>52625946
I've been meaning to run my copy of 3e, but I doubt that's helpful.
>>
I can't seem to find any information on this, what would be good languages to have in 5e Seattle?
>>
>>52627095
Could use this thing from CP2020 as a starting point. Add Native American, Sperethiel, etc., and you'd be close to good.
>>
>>52627130
>Black Americans choose between English and Blackfolk for their native language
sheeeeeeeeeeit
>>
>>52627130
>Black American
>English, Blackfolk
>>
>>52627191
>>52627215
Is Mike Pondsmith a self-hating black man? We may never know.
>>
>>52627130
Are middle eastern and Indian languages actually completely ignored?
>>
>>52627267
The Middle East nuked itself in 1997 in the CP2020 timeline. "Iran, Iraq, Libya, Chad, and the Arab Emirates reduced to radioactive slag." India's not mentioned at all, anywhere. I don't think anybody (at RTG, certainly) gave a shit about it in the 1990s.
>>
>>52627095
What makes you think there are bad languages to have in Seattle?
>>
>>52627382
Fair enough. I just find it bizarre that they have stuff like Hawaiian or Microneasian but not Hindi or Bengali.
>>
>>52627455
They put out a Pacific Rim supplement that covered those areas, so maybe they were thinking ahead. That said, they never put out an Africa supplement (though Kilimanjaro got a mass driver and is the main spaceport).
>>
>>52621121
It is, here's a picture from one of the books of it. There's a strange magical field around it that is currently being studied, and though I've heard >>52621652's lightning story before I don't know how canon it is. Might be a tidbit from the never-released Shadows of Latin America that somehow saw the light of day.
>>
Is the payment for a fake SIN and licenses a one-time thing, or a monthly cost?
>>
>>52627658
>somehow
I believe WIPs of the entire book were leaked.
>>
>>52627670
It's a one time thing for that fake SIN. Depending on how much your GM remains true to the setting and how much use you get out of it (too much and it gets burnt, too little and it gets flagged as suspicious), you may be making more one time payments not long after.
>>
>>52627724
>It's a one time thing for that fake SIN
*also each license.
>>
File: Most Common Correction On tg.png (12KB, 479x496px) Image search: [Google]
Most Common Correction On tg.png
12KB, 479x496px
>>52625241
>>
>>52627088
Yeah, just wondering if there were any good books I should look at besides the samurai/decker/rigger/magic catalogues
>>
File: Older Code.gif (746KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Older Code.gif
746KB, 260x146px
>>52625697
nice
>>
>>52624668
Which is probably why 60% or so of the people who used the piece of shit died.
>>
>>52627986
Remember that you can use all the 1e books with 2e pretty easily. Beyond things like Cybertech or Awakenings, a lot of the 2e books are setting stuff.
>>
>>52627972
Well I dont know. That persona looks kinda rouge to me.
>>
>>52627130
>Sudanese
>Pacific Islander
Am i missing something?
>>
Has anyone used metahuman adjustment for something useful before?
>>
>>52629556
Yes.
>>
File: tumblr_o7rc6yvzJs1sldygoo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7rc6yvzJs1sldygoo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x425px
I will never not be mad that the steel lynx is a wheeled drone.
>>
File: 294[1].jpg (18KB, 294x500px) Image search: [Google]
294[1].jpg
18KB, 294x500px
>>52630761
>I will never not be mad that the steel lynx is a wheeled drone
I pretend it's more like a combat version of the Ares Cheetah, and that the Evo Orderly is pic related.

Sometimes it just seems like the writers / devs are sulky and contrary on certain topics, and drones that aren't clunky shite is one of them.
>>
Started making my first runner, a face that can change their appearance to sneak into facilities. Adept with some cyberware.

Question: How the fuck do you sneak into facilities? My character can fool the naked eye, palm and retinal scanners, I can get a metamagic to hide the aura (if the GM lets me take one in character creation), I can fool voice sensors. But how do I deal with cybernetics sensors? Places that ask for shit like tongue prints? Some facilities have undetectable RFID tags under the skin of all employees. How do I deal with locked doors when you might need one of four sets of tools to do so, all of which are presumably hard to sneak through a front door.
>>
>>52632145
what cyber? for an infiltrator bioware usually better
as for the rest: have your decker help you?
>>
>>52630761
its not like I haven't put realistic features 4 to make it look like giant lynx and concealed weapon mount
>>
>>52632204
Skilljack, Voice Modulator, Commlink, Cyber Eyes [Retinal Duplication, Low Light Vision, Vision Enhancement]
>>
>>52632145
Better question is what you intend to achieve by sneaking in, but start out by asking your GM how rigorous he expects you to be when doing the sneaky sneak. I've seen players obsess over how to get into a building for three hours, with the GM turning around at the end of it and just asking for an infiltration test.
>>
>>52632145
>>52632279
>How the fuck do you sneak into facilities?
By being sneaky stealthy or socially stealthy.

>My character can fool the naked eye, palm and retinal scanners, voice sensors. But how do I deal with cybernetics sensors?
Fake biometrics and the related cyber / nano ware are for social stealth, where you can't sneak the tools to disassemble a lock or crawl through a duct to get where you need to be. They never get a decent dice pool, and due to security systems having roughly the same dice pool, the base opposed roll is always a crapshoot on whether you succeed or not. You can shift things slightly in your favour with the Jury Rigger quality, but not by much.

Or, alternatively, you can go with sneaky stealthy, not blow loads of nuyen on unreliable spy gadgetry, get the decker to edit you out of any incriminating footage, and use mechanic skills towards the same ends. The Jury Rigger quality will also help you here.
>>
>>52632433
>But how do I deal with cybernetics sensors?
*With a decker, or a jammer if they're wireless set.
>>
>>52632425
We've established the tone as high consequence. Missed details can lead to failed runs and maybe even dead characters. The plan is to do any run we've got at least multiple days to accomplish as a multi-tier heist.

>>52632433
So would you say I should drop the focus on biometrics and try to find other entrances? Like going in as a courier and then disguising myself as a guard while inside?
>>
>>52632510
I'm saying not to treat infiltrating this facility like a solo dungeon. You have an entire team, use it.
>>
>>52632510
>So would you say I should drop the focus on biometrics and try to find other entrances?
Yes.

>Like going in as a courier and then disguising myself as a guard while inside?
That's social stealthy, where you don't want to be disassembling locks to open doors, and actually have to rely on the decker or fake biometrics.
>>
>>52632576
Team so far is a Decker, a Rigger (who's going to be using mostly spy drones, and the planner who's an Orc sniper with a huge bow. He's going to be watching the feeds from the drones and my character's eyes while watching through a scope when he can. There's a fifth character coming, but at the moment my character will be the only one physically inside and facility we'll be breaking into.
>>
Anyone mind sharing their GM Prep process or know of any articles? I've read the pdf in the pastebin but I'm mor interested in seeing how someone puts it together
>>
Does shadowrun anarchy play well? Based off the preview PDF it seems like there might not really be enough solid stuff going on but I see how it can work, especially with the shadow amp mechanic. I want to run a cyberpunk system for drop in games and this looks like it may fit the bill.
>>
Is China still regarded as "backwards" in SR? I've got an idea for a campaign I'd like to run
>150 years after the fall of the Qing the same forces the Wuchang Uprising sought to deal with are still around
>Corruption is the rule with no exceptions, hirearchy is made for abuse, the country is forever made of peasants, triads, and would-be emperors
>After a century and a half of aborted cultural, republican, communist and anti-communist revolutions, little progress has actually been made save for new technological toys

>A group of foreigners comprised of missionaires, spooks, smugglers, and minor corp assets are together on [JOB]
>On [JOB] the opening monologue of Burn Notice happens to them
>They are now useful, because anything they do can just be blamed on pesky foreigners always into stupid trouble
>Also their former agencies are now trying to use them as deniable assets to advance the off-the-books parts of their interests in the middle kingdom
>Mr. Johnsons are a series of would-be Sun Yat-sens trying to drag their nation out of cultural stagnation by having them help demolish the infamous centuries-old secret societies, correct local cults, avoid oppressive taxes, free up space for industry to crop up, but all of this requires a lot of stepping on little people and local corruption to do
>Despite their vision for china they're all just would-be emperors and wish to have a slice of the corruption rather than actually fix it
>>
>>52632873
I believe China is in another one of those warlord periods it has every 100 or so years.
>>
>>52632869
Anarchy isn't rules-light, it's rules-lightER
just get yourself 5e from the OP pastebin
>>
>>52632849
Are you looking for just random job after random job, or are you planning to have an overarching story behind the game?
>>
>>52632915
I think the goal of anarchy was not to be rules light, but to be narrativist.
>>
>>52632899
I know that, I'm asking if there have been any major cultural shifts in China since Awakening aside from the collapse of the CCP and their flight to Henan
>>
>>52632969
Considering they're effectively in a state of perpetual civil war, probably. I can't think of anything specific at the moment though, sorry.
>>
>>52632926
Just random jobs for right now, my group is doing an rpg sampler right now and I'm gonna show them Shadowrun, butgetting info on for running longer stories wouldn't hurt as well.

In case we go back to it, which we probably will.
>>
What do people think of Karma character creation?
>>
>>52633033
at 800? back out of game
at 1200, now we're getting somewhere
>>
>>52633016
The little chart thing in the back of the rulebook is pretty for throwing together a run in that case. Just roll some dice, and start filling in the blanks after the mission is rolled out.
>>
File: 8.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
8.gif
2MB, 480x270px
It's almost Christmas time in our game's setting. What are some good gifts to give other runners?

I am playing the obligatory team moralfag, so I was going to dress up as Santa and attempt a tactical stealth mission to infiltrate all their homes and leave gifts for them. This will either be amusing, or I will get shot by their security systems. Either way.
>>
>>52633177
A gang war.

That's what I did, anyways.
>>
>>52633055
Does 800 karma get you less than standard character creation?
>>
>>52633016
To answer the second part of your question, if you wanted an overarching story, I'd suggest first figuring out what theme or location you'd want your game to focus on, and find relevant source material so you can understand what's basically going on, then you can sprinkle your own touch of how you'd want it to be, and finally allow your PCs to effect it to whatever degree you want. Combining this, and the random chart in the back, for when you want some missions sprinkled in between the overall plot, works fairly well. It's kind of easy to sit down and basically come up with one long shadowrun, and then compliment it with randomly generated ones in the between.
>>
>>52633211
No, it's stardard point buy chargen. They're probably just tired of joining games that die before any serious character advancement happens.
>>
I'm gonna play in a 4e game and most of my experience lies in 3e and 5e, so you gotta help me chummers:

What's the differences with Technomancers between 4e and 5e? All i've heard is that they are not complete doggy doo, but i'd like something more specific than that.

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>52633211
Sum-To-Ten gives you anywhere from 750 to 1350 karma if you swing it right.
Priority hovers around 1000.

...And yes, I am salty about joining games that die after I hit 850 karma. Salty AF.
>>
>>52633254
Threading is now useful as fuck compared to 5e, you can use it to stack dice on your roll like a free boost at whatever you want

Spritenomancy is stronger than 5e, too, as the matrix in 4e is simpler to hack in the middle of combat and doesn't require 500 fucking matrix perceptions to see anything
>>
Yo dudes. I'm looking at making a gun Adept. What are the good powers for that? I looked at Attribute Boost (Agility), and also Enhanced Accuracy.
>>
>>52633211
A well-built sum-to-10 or Priority gen can give you the equivalent of 1200 karma, easy. If you minmax it can break 1300.

If you go karmagen don't hate yourself by only having 800.
>>
>>52633317
Combat Sense. 1 rank MINIMUM. Just pump it instead of Mystic Armour.
>>
>>52633317
Also think carefully about your Way.
Spiritual way is good even if you make a combat autist. It grants 1pp of abilities (Astral Perception, frees up your party mage from magical overwatch), you get a free choice one type of ability to discount, and get a free mentor spirit.

The Way is even more OP if you are a Mystic Adept thanks to potential summoning shenannigans.
>>
>>52633211
It's the default, but it's flat 800 karma versus sum to ten/priority where the variance is somewhere between 786 karma to roughly 1200 or more depending on optimization.

Practically speaking, you should be starting at around 950 karma under karma gen, and encouraging your players to spread themselves out a bit rather than hyperspecializing.
>>
>>52633225
Thanks, I think I've got an idea for a run, some gang leader knocks up a corporate suit's daughter and he wants some runners to take him out.

What would be a good payout for something like that for a four person crew, 40k?
>>
>>52610614
What kind of matrix security would a couple million nuyen cyberzombie have?
>>
>>52634476

Its own decker with a high-end deck, probably.
>>
>>52634476
There are probably a few different ways to handle this, but one thing I can think of is just to forcibly transmit raw simsense data from the ASIST to whoever attempts to access the cyberzombie's parts while it's active.
If it's done while the cyberzombie is anesthetized or deactivated, as well as if it's done through a manual interface, but if someone accesses it through any kind of sensory input, the system pumps up the raw data from the cyberzombie's brain before it reaches the IMS to 20x and lets the decker eat that.
That, or the corporation that built it figures they don't need their super-secret illegal weapon leaking wireless data everywhere, and places an internal processor in it so that it just plain can't be accessed without a jack.
>>
>>52634570

> so that it just plain can't be accessed without a jack

This is actually a pretty fun idea for a run - corp wants to recover its lost toy, as it broke the leash and slaughters through a local slum right now. Runners don't really stand up a chance in a stand-up fight, but if one of them manages to sneak an RJ-45 up the zombie's ass, it will be pacified momentarily.
>>
>>52633317
Improved Reflexes 3, every time.

Minimum one rank of Combat Sense, because it gurantees that you get a perception check to avoid being surprised.

Nimble Fingers can be really useful if you have Perfect Time, because you can eject your mag and slap a new one in for just two free actions.

Enhanced Accuracy is worthless until your dicepool exceeds three times the accuracy of the gun.
>>
I want to make an AI character that uses a MCT KK as it's body, but I'm not quite sure what all that would require.

I imagine simply using the MCT KK by having a commlink hardlined into it. The commlink being the AI's actual home but will just hop into the drone.

What skills do I need to take if the anthrodrone uses its actual hands to fire a submachine gun or a handgun/shotgun. Would it be Gunnery or the actual weapon skills? What about mounted weapons?

I really like the idea of playing an AI using a 30 year old battered, rusty, obsolete construction drone as its body salvaged from the junk yard to keep up with shadowrunners. A decker/rigger that really can follow the group and handle combat with a disposable body.

When the body is finally shot to shit, the AI can just hop into the commlink and be carried around assisting with shit. Then its fucked up drone can be recovered and repaired.
>>
>>52634948
>I want to make an AI character that uses a MCT KK as it's body, but I'm not quite sure what all that would require.
Piloting origins quality, or being slow by way of everything being a complex action courtesy of Control Device.

>I imagine simply using the MCT KK by having a commlink hardlined into it.
Non-standard form factor.

Gunnery = mounted weapons, always. Held weapons = ask your GM.
>>
>>52635029
when i was reading the MCT KK's description, they mentioned 90% of them have no wireless ability, yet you could just plug right into it.

Wouldn't a hardline work as a way for an AI to transfer itself into the drone? How long would that take for it to jump out of?
>>
File: t0j80451elqy[1].jpg (53KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
t0j80451elqy[1].jpg
53KB, 600x770px
>>52635089
Sure, you can do that too.

"Transfer" isn't the term, unless you're saying, "Fuck the safety of the commlink, I'm going in here."

Either way, the GM is within rights to mash the commlink a bit when the KK is hit - especially with full auto, for which RAW says as much.
>>
File: robot detective.jpg (516KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
robot detective.jpg
516KB, 1000x707px
>>52635288
I am saying "Fuck the safety of the commlink, I'm going in here". I also imagine the commlink plugged in but with its wireless turned off and its sitting inside a pocket or something with the dataline snaking out.

It annoys me how the rules say anthrodrones can wear clothes, yet the rules conflict when it comes to armor. If I throw an armored jacket over the ork sized, it should count. I'm totally going to make the drone wear a hoodie and sweat pants at least. Also the clothes will be ragged from 3 or 4 years of being exposed to the weather.
>>
>>52635481
>I am saying "Fuck the safety of the commlink, I'm going in here".
Then when your KK gets shot up, you get to follow all the rules for that.

>If I throw an armored jacket over the ork sized, it should count.
It does; it just doesn't stack.

>Also the clothes will be ragged from 3 or 4 years of being exposed to the weather.
Good for you. Hope your GM doesn't do anything with that.
>>
>>52635550
On terms of safety though. Thinking of having it get one of the modules that let it do wireless. only 10% of the drones have wireless ability.

Or I could go with the SK model one that basically is a terminator.

>hope your gm doesn't do anything with that
an obvious construction drone wearing a hoodie would probably just seem like some one did a joke to the drone. Plus one of the other players could simply explain it simple if going incognito. "It carries things."
>>
Thoughts on Zoroastrian Tradition? Never looked at mages before and have no idea what it's good for.
>>
>>52635630
Doesn't matter what percentage of KKs have wireless, unless you're buying it in game and the GM rolls a d10 after you buy it. Bought in chargen, it has wireless unless you decide to make it a throwback.

>an obvious construction drone wearing a hoodie
I meant in terms of 3-4 years of weather fucking with your armour.
>>
Are there rules for creating autosoft programs for drones? I have a Rigger with a pretty decent wealth of skills, and it would be good for her to be able to make autosofts for her drones to use autonomously, and to sell for some side cash, instead of having to purchase everything.
>>
>>52635893
No.
>>
>>52635854
yes its a chargen, hence why I'm asking "how exactly do i go about making an AI?" and asking about skills. But yeah, if the armor doesn't stack, then obviously not going to give a shit if the nice cloth hoodie is in good condition.

>wear hoodie and sweat pants
>throw cheap ass armored jacket over it
>whatever its a drone and has metal protecting it for industrial grade usage
>>
>>52633317
nimble fingers and enhanced accuracy make any weapon a smart gun. it also turns all smart guns into better smart guns.
>>
File: 1434207533012.jpg (259KB, 789x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1434207533012.jpg
259KB, 789x1000px
My game group has been making a lot of down time role-playing and I've been taking it all and editing it into a readable story. It's at about 150 pages and spans about 10 PC's in its raw material state.

I plan on uploading it onto 1d4chan some time, as there seems to be a massive lack of shadowrun representation on there.
>>
>>52636035
>if the armor doesn't stack, then obviously not going to give a shit if the nice cloth hoodie is in good condition
It doesn't stack. It does apply. Same as wearing multiple suits of armour for anyone else. Jacket AV 12 is greater than Drone AV 3. Now if you went with the juggernaut, then you have 12v12 and a solid case for not giving a shit about armour condition.
>>
>>52633177
Tell us who you gotta buy for, we'll help.
>>
>>52636322
If you can afford a juggernaut, you've got a whole other world of concerns than armor
>>
>>52636386
It's just an example. You could make the same argument about synth-leather and a drone with AV4.
>>
>>52636500
I know what you mean. I've noticed there are 5 anthrodrones to be picked and their obviousness is clearly evident.

>Obvious from most to least
Juggernaut. MCT KK, Mexican Juan thing, SK director secretary thing, and the idoll.

The juggernaut is a weird drone. basically you're better off just welding auto armor to it
>>
What's the preferred nomenclature for someone with shitloads of bioware?
>>
File: Native Shotgun Girl.jpg (141KB, 579x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Native Shotgun Girl.jpg
141KB, 579x1014px
>>52636865
Bioborg. Frankenstein. Meatbag.
>>
>>52636865
In-setting, your common use terms for different types of street samurai (as popularised by Miracle Shooter) are; Bodyguard, Merc, Panzer, Razorboy/girl, Ronin, Sharpshooter, Street Ninja.
>>
>>52636865
'Rich fucker'.
>>
>>52637149
>[Clean Metabolism is] a common-enough modifcation that “her family has so much money that her sweat doesn’t stink” is a well-known expression. Quite rare outside of the upper crust, and incompatible with other digestive modifications, this mod helps spot a corp kid easily.
>>
>>52636270
Neat.
>>
Hoi Chummers,
New to playing a rigger. What are rules I should live and die by?
>>
>>52636865
I think I saw a slang chart somewhere mention the term 'vatjob.' Can't remember if it was for some one with lots of augs or for just the process itself.
>>
Hey guys, I started running shadowrun one shots for my college's club. Recently I took a page from RunnerHub and started writing up my own news articles depicting the actions of my players with Horizon's twist to it. Can you guys give me your opinion on these as to whether I'm following (as close to) their method of writing?

https://pastebin.com/m77M15Gd

https://pastebin.com/PCPXT6e1

https://pastebin.com/kqDFSJEj
>>
>>52636270
Link it when it's done
>>
>>52638434
will do. Its pretty long and a few people that have read it liked it. Basically its some how becoming a tandem novel. The only issue is the level of detail because not everyone is going to shit out a paragraph to describe a room they're in.
>>
>>52637869
All of them. Read then all chummer. When in doubt go to the quick sheets in the paste bin.
>>
File: 1485420614660.jpg (659KB, 1200x682px) Image search: [Google]
1485420614660.jpg
659KB, 1200x682px
>>52637869
Deckers can't get you if they're dead.

Noise is bad, noise reduction is easy.

It's cheaper to buy the sammy a bandaid than it is for him to buy you a new drone.

You can be places you shouldn't be, and be more than one place. Be both often.

Your army can be taken apart by one really good guy; have your own really good guy ready to stop that.
>>
>>52637869
>>52638855
Also, you can bring the guns nobody else can use, and that is very valuable when used correctly.
>>
What's best drone for spying in 5e, a Horizon "Noizquito" or a Shiawase Kanmushi? Couldn't you just put gecko grips on the noizquito and have it be strictly better than the kanmushi?
>>
What's the coolest concept you've seen for a Face?
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-28+at+03.53.47).jpg (106KB, 622x681px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-28+at+03.53.47).jpg
106KB, 622x681px
>>52639444
Big Jim: An overweight, sweaty man who can never get a proper fitting suit. Instead of being the suave, sophisticated urbanite that most faces are he's an absurdly working-class Liverpudlian who won't eat fancier than a bacon sandwich with ketchup.

His whole schtick is that despite having the sophistication of a curry-stained football jersey, he's just so incredibly chummy that he naturally gets along with everyone he meets, from barrens gangers to Wuxing bigwigs. Rather than ask for information directly, he'll pour them a drink and ask how they've been doing, and gleam information from them indirectly while giving them a friendly shoulder to lean on. Right now, he's the only human who can enter a neighborhood taken under control of a violent Ork gang because 'everybody knows Big Jim, he just wants a drink!'
>>
>>52639444
Parker and Longbaugh: Parker is a smooth-talking Ork with a lot of problems and a sharp wit to talk his way out of anything. Longbaugh is a rough and tumble Human that rolls with Parker. Parker is the sweet talker while Longbaugh is the intimidator and both of them are gunslingers. They both work with each other, and never work solo.

Gambler: Human with 8 Edge. More of a jack of all trades. Chronically in massive amounts of debt. Sometimes makes it big, but always goes down.
>>
>>52639027
The issue with the Noizquito is that it's harder to acquire. You can just drop some small cash and assemble a swarm of Kanmushi, then just give them their own custom sensor arrays to divide them into surveillance squads. The Noizquito does have more survivability though, since it can pop eardrums and then fuck off if it's noticed. Also, I don't currently have the book in front of me, but iirc the Noizquito is more limited in what you can cram into it.

Ultimately, the best idea might be to combine the two. Slave a few different divisions of Kanmushi, and head each one with a Noizquito for oversight and protection. That way, you have something that can pop eardrums if things get hairy, and your big roachdrones can scramble.
>>
>>52638471
>>52638855
Thanks Chums, Oll write those down and brush by that rulebook again.

Aditionally, have any of you had dealings with the Telestrian Industries Shamus? My GM let me have one and with mods, it looks crazy.
>>
File: error.png (5KB, 452x219px) Image search: [Google]
error.png
5KB, 452x219px
>>52632425
yekka I'm getting this error when I try to get chummer5 to display a vehicle character sheet
>>
>>52641278
Wait, ignore me. I forgot to update to the latest version
>>
5e book page 199 says:

>As most vehicles are a bit less squishy than metahumans, they
>have a Condition Monitor equal to 12 plus half
>their Body (rounded up), they ignore Stun damage (though
>electricity-based attacks are considered Physical Damage
>to vehicles), and any attack where the modifed DV does
>not exceed the Armor of the vehicle does nothing.
>Drones are a different story and have a Condition
>Monitor equal to 6 plus half their Body

Do drones also get the "any attack where the modifed DV does
not exceed the Armor of the vehicle does nothing." ability? Otherwise drones seem really flimsy.
>>
>>52641654
It's the whole not taking stun thing. The sentence at the end just means that they're not quite as robust as vehicles, although a well armored drone can still take some punishment.

As long as it's not Electric punishment. That's always physical for them, and the reason I say one of the best ways to get a good combat drone is to drone a big ol' hog of a bike and then put in 9 levels of nonconductivity. And then the rest as either regular armor (dedicated combat drone) or hidden armor (want to also ride it unhassled).
>>
>>52641654
Both drones and vehicles ignore Stun Damage that doesn't come from an Electrical source, yes. It really doesn't help much in most cases, aside from that ridiculous Bumblebee drone.
>>
>>52641710
>>52641769
Huh, I parse the statement differently.

>they ignore Stun damage (though electricity-based attacks are considered Physical Damage to vehicles)
Is one statement and,
>any attack where the modifed DV does not exceed the Armor of the vehicle does nothing.
is a separate one

So I read it as vehicles a) Ignore stun damage unless it comes from an electricity-based attack (like a SnS round) and b) Is immune to attacks where the modifed DV does not exceed the armor of the vehicle regardless if the attack comes from an electricity-based attack or a normal ADPS round.

So am I wrong? And if I'm not, which of those statements apply to drones? I'm 99% sure "a" applies to drones, but I'm not sure about "b".
>>
>>52641982
Any attack where the modified DV does not exceed your Armour is automatically converted to Stun. Drones and Vehicles ignore Stun, so nothing happens.
>>
>>52642055
>Drones and Vehicles
I wish 5e had kept to the old way of describing vehicles, so mentioning drones at the same time would still be obviously redundant.
>>
Is it viable for a decker to have an agent try to brick guns during a firefight so the decker can help out the team in meatspace?
>>
>>52642157
>brick guns during a firefight
Not viable.
>>
>>52642300
Why?
>>
>>52642317
Unless the gun fires solely through electronic means (no physical trigger), the only digital component you'd be able to brick is the smartlink and that is only if the gun even has one. And of course, fiddling with the smartlink won't stop the gun from firing if the shooter pulls the trigger.
>>
>>52642433
I'm pretty sure guns have electronic firing pins in shadowrun you can disable via matrix damage.
>>
>>52642055
>>52642103
Ooooohh I see now, thanks for the clarification!
>>
>>52642433

>>52642471 is correct

5e CRB page 228:
That said, not all devices are completely useless when bricked. A vibrosword is still sharp, a roto-drone glides to the ground on auto-gyro, a lock stays locked. [[The firing pin on an assault rife might not work, but its bayonet works just fine for stabbing smug hackers.]]
>>
Is there a comprehensive guide for Chummer5 around? I can manage just fine because I've gone through character creation rules a lot of times but I'm introducing shadowrun to a new group and they have no fucking idea, and since it's text-based doing a step by step guide by myself isn't exactly an option.

Hell, there are some things about it that even I can't quite understand, merely because I can't find the info.
>>
>>52643055
Usability is a big concern with Chummer, yeah. There's these videos that seem okay, but I have a big problem trying to step back and see it with fresh eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdclQDjRHew&t=199s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzUvtpfOx6Y

If you happen to know someone who can write documentation and will accept internet praise as payment, I'd love to hear from them.
>>
5e matrix combat question. Do I need a mark on a device to view the files on it? What kind of action would it be to look/search through the files? They can't just be out there for anyone doing a matrix perception test to see, can they?
>>
>>52643143
I appreciate it
I might do the documentation myself and contact you if one day I have the time, well documented software is always a welcome thing to see and I wouldn't mind being the one behind it - no promises though

One suggestion: My favorite option is plain text, but it'd be far easier if you could save it as a plain .txt instead of a PDF, XML or HTML for the sole purpose of being able to have multiple notepad++ tabs with the sheets, could we see the option in future versions?
>>
>>52643230
>One suggestion: My favorite option is plain text, but it'd be far easier if you could save it as a plain .txt instead of a PDF, XML or HTML for the sole purpose of being able to have multiple notepad++ tabs with the sheets, could we see the option in future versions?

Couldn't you just "print" the text-only version of the character sheet as a html file then open it and copy/paste to a text doc?
>>
>>52643269
That's always an option, but it's always easier to have an in-software export instead, specially if you're making a bunch of them that need to be on separate files
>>
Is an AI rigger in sr4 possible, or is it another exercise in self hate?
>>
>>52643230
Hrm. I guess it's doable, I'd have to build in another library for it though. I'll have a think about it.
>>
>>52643434
Both. You will need to know your shit inside out to do it well, though, and a GM that's on your side.
>>
>>52643434
>is an AI possible

No
>>
It's a shame the vehicle mods are so expensive. I just want to rice out a Dodge Scoot, but increasing it's acceleration is more expensive than just buying a Suzuki Mirage, Horizon-Doble Revolution, or Entertainment Systems Cyclops and refluffing it as a Dodge Scoot MOPAR, Audi-Manhurin Loisir 76 or a Piaggio Livornetto.

Alternatively I could mount a Benelli shotgun on a Benelli scooter, but that's still not as fun as modding a piece of junk into something almost practical.
>>
File: 1491800498385.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491800498385.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>52643890
I really feel the customization/modification system itself could be a lot better done. Like slots specific for certain things instead of me having to fluff it. Like an acceleration upgrade being written off as 14 minor modifications to the engine and transmission.

Also there isn't enough mods for the cars. When I mod a car, I really want it to be a heinous piece of shit that is a street racer. It'd also be nicer if there was a beater quality that could be applied to vehicles/drones

>Your americar is a beater, it's a fifth the price as brand new, is 16 years old, and you get social penalties for it being ugly. Needs repairs over time, and simply is starting to develop its own personality quirks
>>
>>52643890
>>52644054
>had a great team van
>unfortunately it got wrecked and I almost got ghoul'd
>manage to get a new outback which is pretty sweet, could likely get away with slapping non-concealed armor on it
>still haven't had the chance to mod the thing
>got a bike I need to mod too
>all I wanted to do was buy some combat drones so I can pull off all sorts of crazy shit

Daily reminder to help out your riggers whenever you can.
>>
New thread when?
>>
File: Zeps Van Project.jpg (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zeps Van Project.jpg
124KB, 640x480px
>>52644121
my ghoul's van is a fun van, and it already has a body count of 8. It does not have any weapons...fellow PC ran them over why my guy just watched from a distance.
>obvious armor is best armor
>>
>>52644152
Hopefully in no more than a page, if conversation spikes up.
>>
How can I make mages more powerful?

I was thinking about getting rid of drain.
>>
File: 1460162420495.jpg (37KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
1460162420495.jpg
37KB, 640x437px
>>52644989
>mages
>more powerful
This better be bait.
>>
>>52645041
Listen omae, mages are underpowered.

Literally no damage spell will do as much damage as a street sam's assault rifle or a grenade.
>>
>>52645041
>>52645092
what exactly is a mage's real strength in combat? If causing damage isn't the strong point, is it altering the environment or buffs? I'm curious as I've seen the rules but not really seen my group's mages do more than "I summon a little spirit" or "I hit it with acid". Most i've done really was grabbing a small messenger spirit with my ghoul's hand.
>>
>>52645092
Honestly, if you're that focused on damage, you're missing the point of a mage.

But more importantly, when you do need to go nova, hold five drams of reagents in reserve.

Five drams on Force 10 Indirect AoE combat spell will ruin people's days, absent some really bad luck with choices.

Like using Clout at force 10 on somebody with a pain editor (because that 13-ish stun won't put them down) or choosing Ball Lightning against somebody that's put way too much nonconductivity on their soft-weave-ed armor.

But thanks at the attempt at stirring conversation so close to the end.
>>
File: E4Lsfgu.png (193KB, 540x446px) Image search: [Google]
E4Lsfgu.png
193KB, 540x446px
>>52645092
>Damage dealing capability is the only measurement of power in Shadowrun
>>
>>52645168
I always found the ability to get away with anything is real power. Stealthy mercenary is best mercenary.
>>
>>52645092
>summon a spirit
>sit back while they deal with everything
>you can cast spells to help out your teammates as well if you really want to

>>52645168
Can attest to this. Mostly because all my first character can do is deal damage and not much else. It sucks being so limited.

In Shadowrun, options are power.
>>
File: Yes.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>52645167
>But thanks at the attempt at stirring conversation so close to the end

Thanks anon, I did my best to bait everyone.

Serious question though, I saw the prices for reagents somewhere, and the lowest was criminally cheap. Is there a minimum quality to set the limit of a spell with reagents?
>>
File: gun trunk slideout.jpg (79KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
gun trunk slideout.jpg
79KB, 480x853px
>>52645341
it was painfully obvious to me, but i still fed your little flame.

Here's a question.
>How do you hide your runner's small arsenal when going around town. Trust me, I know you carry at least a shotgun and a handgun at all times.
>>
>>52645341
Nope. Although a limit of one or two is going to be pretty useless, so you want at least three.

And they go pretty quickly if you're doing ritual spells and don't want to take all that drain.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.