[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 492
Thread images: 50

File: Paths.jpg (280KB, 770x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Paths.jpg
280KB, 770x1000px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Have you ever played a prestige class in pathfinder? What do you think about the recent push for prestige in Pathfinder with Paths of the Righteous?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/WMhRUURm

Old thread: >>52596252
>>
What's a good build for a cute Android in Numeria?
>>
>>52600330
Well Nanite and Impossible Bloodline are excellent for the setting, so maybe a sorcerer?
>>
>>52600320
Did we get nuked?
>>
>>52600339
This is why you don't post new OPs on page fucking 6 anon

Wait until like page 9
>>
>>52600344
I'm not the OP?
>>
Well looks like the old thread got nuked. Let's hope reviewer anon is still on.
>>
File: pyro.jpg (223KB, 1600x1702px) Image search: [Google]
pyro.jpg
223KB, 1600x1702px
Help me, I'm planning on playing a fire kineticist! I can't stop myself from having bad ideas and pursuing them!

>>52600339
Into oblivion.
>>
>>52600356
Thats to be expected, after all you're playing Pathfinder
>>
>>52600320
It's a good start in the right direction, with there being some very unique and powerful options being in there.

There's a few I want to try the Brewkeeper, Crimson Templar, and Devoted Muse most. With Dawnflower Anchorite be close behind.

I do hope they release another PrC book sometime in the future, it feels like a fair amount of thought and effort went into this.
>>
>>52600320
I played an arcane savant once, its really good for a librarian witch.
>>
>>52600371
Brewkeeper is actually such an excellently designed PrC, its a little too niche for an archetype, but perfect for what its designed to do
>>
>>52600356
Powerful if your DM allows it to work. Too many things are immune to fire.
>>
File: yTNReWX.jpg (279KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
yTNReWX.jpg
279KB, 1024x1448px
Antoinette Hearthsley, NE female Elf Wizard (Undead Master)
First things first, the format. It fucking sucks. The italics and center-alignment make it difficult to read, and the extra picture breaks up the flow even further.

Next point—I don’t generally talk about appearance sections, but if ever one ran on too long, it’s this one. Every sentence seems too long for what it’s really saying. There’s some good details hidden in it that display personality traits, and that’s always good, but fuck me, did we really need to be told that a wizard doesn’t wear armor?

The backstory and personality sections have the same problems, only more so—they’re each a bloated mess full of details that don’t really say anything. An innocuous comment about much of her learning being trivial and impractical seems oddly appropriate for this application. Things like family squabbles are not conducive to building Antoinette’s character, and could simply be glossed over with a token sentence without missing much. Likewise, we don’t need to know the step-by-step details of how she seduced one of her teachers.

As for the IC journals, I closed those tabs within seconds of opening each of them. While I can admire the effort necessary to write them, the font alone killed my interest. That shit needs to be boiled down to just the few bits that display something interesting about her as a character, and inserted into a revised (and severely cut down) backstory. For example: being reckless while also showing initiative could be displayed by the mere mention that she had to dig up graves for research materials.

And it hardly seems worth mentioning that the interests are just kind of lost in the Personality section, barely visible. This shit needs a rewrite, it needs to be streamlined, and it needs to be focused.
>>
File: 1357630563861.png (91KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1357630563861.png
91KB, 300x300px
Tell me if this is too edgy. Or not edgy enough. I've already played them and my actual bio is way more written up than this so you can't stop me but I want opinions please.

>Orphan living off the streets in the slums
>Bit off in the head, no gang to run with, and no food
>Starving, resorted to cannibalism at one point to survive
>This awakened their inherited sorcerer bloodline (undeath, ghoul themed, thanks mom and dad)
>Now possessing some ability to survive on their own, becomes a drifter and takes up fishing while studying (efficient use of time)
>Confusing their seemingly declining health since the incident for disease, strives to master death, mostly to find a way to dodge or delay it
>Eventually reaching the limit of what a goldless tutorless sorcerer could learn, decides to take up adventuring/mercenary work since it is practice that pays for research materials. Also tired of eating fish.
>Disposition sort of like a forensic detective. Sometimes people die and sometimes they are useful despite that. Doesn't find it gross.

Started neutral neutral leaning just a tad towards evil. Had a personal list of three gods character would be interested in if they ever learned more about them. Came into contact with and interrogated a follower of Urgathoa early on without the party there. Studying books from her and whispering prayers every morning now. Almost certainly on a slippery slope towards evil.
>>
File: med.jpg (43KB, 417x512px) Image search: [Google]
med.jpg
43KB, 417x512px
>>52600437
Jarith Rien, NE male Human Vitalist
Y’know, let me just say before I get going: I really liked this guy better when he was just a bland ol’ bard.

That said, the backstory actually does look interesting. It’s irritating that it doesn’t tell much about his origins, but it is wonderfully spooky in its description of how he came to be the way he is. The applicant does a good job at conveying his gradual fall to evil. But then, we have to take a step back and realize that the application never actually says why Jarith is in *this* campaign. He’s mentioned working with a swordlord—who, why, and where? Apparently it’s not involved with the expedition to the Stolen Lands, so whatever. He reads like an NPC who would be a speed bump of an encounter in someone else’s campaign.

The personality is kind of spare, and it and his Interests leave much to be desired. His apparent passion for music could have potential, and the fact that he actually does put up an appearance of being a competent healer could be fuel for an interesting character, maybe present the possibility of either exploiting his façade of compassion or letting it become genuine as he focuses on building and administrating medical facilities, here it’s just kind of put down and forgotten.

Where Antoinette said too damn much, Jarith barely says anything at all.
>>
>>52600397
The game is going to be a Rise of the Runelords game. Are there many fire immune enemies in the AP?
>>
>>52600525
Not a whole lot. There's even a sizable chunk of foes in the lategame that are vulnerable to fire. There's a lot of fire resistance though, both from creatures that have it and characters that can cast (and pre-buff with) resist energy.
>>
File: eayPPBgl.jpg (66KB, 437x640px) Image search: [Google]
eayPPBgl.jpg
66KB, 437x640px
Rolled 5 (1d22)

>>52600502
Next up, by random roll...

Sigmund Gulbrand, LN male Human Warlord
We’ve got a decent start going on here—bratty kid has his childhood destroyed, has to mature quickly, and swears to make his family great again. Then we get the mentor character coming in to fuck it all up.

Okay, I’m not opposed to the idea of a mentor character, of him adopting an orphan as his ward, or anything along those lines. What bothers me is that this backstory seems to have been built in reverse, starting with a build and going backwards into justifying it. If you’re going to give your character a nodachi, then at least tell us why, it’s not hard. As it is, this reads like an abridged version of the Black Thorn Knights’ flavor text from Path of War. Sigmund could be left out entirely.

From there, the personality rebuilds a bit of good will. He’s not an asshole, but he’s got some nerves that might be easy to touch, and he knows how to calm down. But it’s not without its problems. If he’s not really invested in the cause of his martial tradition, then why the fuck is he still part of their order? More to the point, if you spent so much of your backstory talking about his training to join their order, why is he only paying lip service to them?

And as for the wondering of what his father must have failed at, that’s something that should be actually spelled out. Was he framed? Was it something involving the Stolen Lands, or a particular Brevic noble house? Without an actual goal to be working towards besides “I’m gonna be a noble again”, this seems like a waste of space.

Also, I fail to see how simply gaining a fuckload of gold really furthers his goals. If he’s going to use it to get back into nobility, say how, and give specific examples. If you can’t think of any, then come up with a different ambition for him to be pursuing, one that fits the campaign.
>>
I AM VENTING MY FRUSTRATION.

ELF SHOULD BE BETTER AT RANGERING.

I WANT DISABLE DEVICE WITHOUT ACP.
>>
>>52600591
>why the fuck is he still part of their order?
Because leaving once you're in gets you branded a traitor and other Black Thorns sent to hunt you down. Oh, and your soul gets forfeit to hell.
>>
File: 800pxOrk_flowchart.png (86KB, 800x589px) Image search: [Google]
800pxOrk_flowchart.png
86KB, 800x589px
Any tips on improving roleplaying? I want to improve as a player for my playgroup.
>>
>>52600613
Think of how you could further the adventure rather than of just what your character would do as a reaction to things going on around him. Be active. But make sure you talk to the rest of the group if you think you're going to trample on someone else's good time.

Just like a quick
>Hey, gonna try this now, we good with that?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d21)

>>52600591
Andrei Garland, N male Human Hunter (Verminous Hunter)
Thankfully, the Appearance section doesn’t overstay its welcome. It basically acts as an extension of the Personality segment, which most good apps should do.

Unfortunately, the backstory doesn’t have much meat. It’s got a nice little blurb of how he got his skills and met his companion, but that’s about it. There’s no ambition there that drives him into the campaign, no interest in what’s going on. It might as well be just another job. I like where the personality goes in terms of making him creepy and repulsive but lovable all the same.

Interests, however, are where this app really shines. Andrei has some unexpected hobbies for a backwoods tracker, and the idea of having a large family could be a gold mine for plot hooks. Giving a quick blurb for why he’s going into either of his chosen kingdom roles is also a good idea.

As I said, this app doesn’t go on too long, but a part of me wishes it’d at least stay for coffee rather than just going straight home.
>>
>>52600648
>Blingmaker has 23 game-starved anons fawning for a chance to be a part of it
It's amazing to think that just the other day it was around 10
>>
>>52600648
Oh joy, oh rapture, it's Azuk the undying next. I'm going to need some time to rest for now, as it's growing late, but I'll be getting around to him and the rest soon enough.
>>
>>52600661
Blingmaker's been doing well its entire app period, it opened up better than any of the other recent games.
>>
>>52600619
I'll try playing more actively rather than reactively!
Luckily the group doesn't butt heads, so I don't have to worry about that.
Thanks~
>>
>>52600613
>>52600619
>>52600682
How do I keep from trampling over the other players when I'm roleplaying a forward, outgoing character that's extra charismatic?
>>
>>52600687
Try including them in your character's actions, inviting them to come with you. If he's forward and outgoing, he'd probably be the one to try and initiate friendships and pull them along with him.

There, you've kept from splitting the group, you've got the group moving towards a goal, and you're playing your character.
>>
If you have Weapon Focus from a Wayfinder and ioun stone, does it qualify you for feats that require weapon focus?
>>
>>52600687
If he's charismatic that means he's magnetic, not a steamroller. He has a strong personality and is good and talking to others.

Speaking of which, how do you stat someone who's terrible at talking to people because they're terrible people but have an overwhelming personality?
>>
>>52600687
In conversation, don't just hog the NPC. Toss your fellow players a bone by turning the question to them. Ask for their opinion before saying anything important to the NPC. And know to stay silent when the spotlight is not supposed to be on you.
>>
File: 53.jpg (148KB, 753x1000px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
148KB, 753x1000px
Not exactly a pathfinder specific question, but here goes.

I'm finally willing to admit my game is dead, it managed to be ran for years with out a hitch and was overall fantastic, but getting close to the final stretch the group had a bit of a falling out and because of that the game itself couldn't be run with out the PCs that were thoroughly wrote into the plot.
Before anyone asks, yes it involved a girl. The party ranger got cucked by another player

Mostly because I want to see that game get an ending, and because I honestly enjoyed running a setting I built from the ground up to see what players would end up doing to it, part of me wants to re-run it from the beginning with /pfg/, though I'm not sure if it would be in bad taste where as it was both built for other players and it ended so soon ago.

Tl;Dr should I re-run a game with out its old players?
>>
>>52600713
Still low Cha, I think. Your overwhelming personality just has the negative effect.
>>
File: 1474601690494.png (781KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1474601690494.png
781KB, 2000x2000px
>>52600661
>>52600680
Blingmaker is set in a Golarion AP, of course it's going to be popular.
>>
>>52600724
Would it be really obvious to new players that it is a rerun? If no then feel free. Although it may be helpful to step away from that campaign for a while when it ended on a sour note.
>>
>>52600731
Yeah I'm not sure about that, that's the problem, because Charisma measures "strength of personality". Surely you could be a Wraith with a very, VERY strong personality but still be horrible at talking to people because every other word is kys?
>>
>>52600749
Unless they knew it was a rerun they shouldn't realize. The first quarter of the game was built in advance so it shouldn't be hard to replace X with Y if characters builds are different.

As far as stepping away from the campaign, I'll never get tired of running it and as far as I'm concerned i'm separate enough from the problem that it didn't affect me in any sense other than it killed the game, I'm just worried that it may be looked down on for re-running it so soon after it died.
>>
>>52600713
High CHA but low investment into face skills. Manages to get by some social situations on force of personality despite a lack of tact because they're loud enough in the right way. You know, can intimidate a coward but not anyone with will, can bluff those unwary because they bullshit so confidently, can rapport with people that have right reason to trust them.

We're talking sorcerers with no INT investment for skills and paladins who're allowed on the battlefield but not allowed at formal occasions. Play it as someone hammy, the jock that's flunking English, or the de facto leader of a group of geeks.
>>
File: 1471389769762.jpg (307KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471389769762.jpg
307KB, 643x900px
Has HR imploded because of Vult and 2hu yet?
>>
How do you justify taking Armor Expert when your starting gold is 175?
>>
>>52600687
Ask questions. You're forward and outgoing, so let yourself be a reason for typically passive characters to be included in the discussion. Ask what their opinion is on the matter, ask questions about their past or future or whatever, make comments about the scenery and ask if the others agree.

Be complimentary. Charismatic people are (supposed to be) liked by people, and people will like being complimented. Simple shit, like saying "wow, that was an impressive fireball" or "you really know how to handle a sword" or whatever, just comment on what they did in a nice manner.

Go out of your way to help. Even if it's meaningless non-mechanical shit, like offering a towel from your backpack after one of the party members gets coated in slime/blood/water/whatever. In fact, it's BETTER if it's meaningless non-mechanical shit, because that always evokes a roleplaying reaction as opposed to just casting Cure Light Wounds after battle. You get to be outgoing, and the other players get to react to you being outgoing, so everybody gets to contribute.

Be the first to push someone to do something. You're outgoing, which usually means you're the first to react in a conversation. Do that, but use that opportunity to shoehorn in another character. Comment about how you remember ____ knows how to brew medicines, or how _______ is an expert on religious symbols. It shows that your character is more comfortable making conversation, but still lets everybody else at the table have their special moments.

Essentially, be outgoing FOR your party, not in spite of it. Take the spotlight, and then grab party members at random to pull into the spotlight with you.
>>
How does monster lore work by RAW?
Let's say you have a Demilich sitting on a pedestal.

Do all characters know something is a monster by default? By the rules, you do not need to roll knowledge to KNOW something is a monster or not. Just their abilities.

So by just rolling perception, you can detect that it is indeed a creature in the open.
>>
>>52600801
No it's going strong and it sounds like they had a fun last session with a dance battle
>>
>>52600821
Yeah, though it would probably be rolling Disguise with a pretty hefty modifier if it just looked like a jeweled skull.
>>
>>52600837
It has zero disguise skill points and I am asking by RAW here.
Naturally GMs do not say "You see a hoard of treasure, on also unknown monster on top of it the shape of a skull"
>>
>>52600812
>>52600720
>>52600713
>>52600696
Thanks, everyone. I'll try to enact this advice. Hopefully it'll work out great!
>>
>>52600832
>dance battle
Sounds like randumb bullshit.
>>
Any spoilers of Heroes of the Darklands out yet?
>>
This is something that strays a bit to 3/3.5e here, I got a question, was it ever clarified on whether or not can you use Feycraft with Bastard Swords or Katanas?
>>
>>52600845
I mean the RAW also tells GMs to use their judgement.
>>
In what year does Ironfang Invasion take place?
>>
>>52600987
Just released so 4717
>>
>>52600805
Protip: you don't. Too much investment to make use of the trait properly. Pick Reactionary or one of the save booster.
>>
>>52600338
That could be really cute. Is anyone thinking of running Iron Gods?
>>
>>52601037

>There are people adventuring RIGHT NOW who don't remember where they were when House Rogarvia disappeared
>>
>>52600884
I still cant decide if the dance-off is a great idea, or a stupid one. On the one hand it is a fun use of skill checks. On the other, I see Stifler dancing in the gay-bar in my head. Wish we'd get logs for that encounter.
>>
>>52601168
I was. But I need a prereq during sommer semester for another class inna fall. Not enuf time for me to do a good job of it.
>>
>>52601319
It'd also be shit all over by 2hu.
>>
>>52601367
Have you played with 2hu or r u just aboard the h8 train?
>>
Hey, this must get asked quite often but I want to GM my first pathfinder campaign tonight with a group of friends on roll20 and I'm looking for a premade one, something rather simple (we are all beginners, only had a trial test run yesterday ).
Is there any places I can look for something like that or anything you'd recommend?
>>
>>52600320
What sort of spell let's you conjure up cool glowing (I'm going to guess celestial) Lions?
>>
>>52601391

Dragon's Demand, Rise of the Runelords and... Damn, forgot the name of it but the campaign takes place in I believe Nirmathas.
>>
>>52601454
The basic Summon Monster spells, most likely.
>>
Are there any interesting Sorcerer Bloodlines that you don't think get enough attention?
Joining a game in Goka and I'm not sure what sort of character to make.
>>
>>52601391
Rise of the Runelords if you want a typical fantasy adventure, Curse of the Crimson Throne if you want a story with slightly darker Horror vibes. There are plenty of good modules out there for beginners, but those two are the most involving and appealing imo.
>>
Why should I play a kitsune when I can be an agathion aasimar?
>>
>>52601982

Kitsune if you want to be a traditional folk-story trickster, Agathion if you want to be a wise, Celestial emissary for Inari.
>>
>>52602002

Can an Agathion-blooded Aasimar child of Kitsune gain Magical Tail? Is this even a thing that happens in Tian Xia to those favored by Daikitsu?
>>
>>52601950
Speaking of crimson throne, have we had a /pfg/ CotCT game yet? If not, someone get right the fuck on that.
>>
>>52602045

Yes, it's still running.
>>
File: Alphonse.jpg (33KB, 412x484px) Image search: [Google]
Alphonse.jpg
33KB, 412x484px
>>52600884
Group A all agreed for a rather lighthearted, animesque tone for their game. 3/4 of the party is various shade of kemonomimi and we also have a shota trap and a gamergirl idol so that's fitting. We still plan on having more serious moments but things like a gang of greaser ratfolks, dance battles and casting tailful polymorph on defeated enemies are going to be present.

Just as a reminder, this version of HR was supposed to be not entirely serious and brighter from very premise, just focused more on hipsters and arts majors rather than anime. Group B went down that original path if I am not mistaken.

Pic related, GM's rendition of ratfolks' boss.

>>52601367
What?
>>
>>52602181
Logs of dance battle, please.
>>
>>52601982
You want to be an actual fox transforming into a human-like form rather than human with fox bits. It fits some stories better. Or you want Dexterity instead of Constitution.
>>
>>52602002
>Celestial emissary for Inari.
Zenko kitsune from Bloodforge Infusions.
>>
Say, which metals do I use if i want to make a weapon thats considered "inherently holy"?

Cold iron? Mithril?

My character in the setting fights against Japanese youkai, oni and stuff
>>
>>52602755
Meteorite Steel, attach to whatever mechanic you want
>>
>>52602783
Is it even an available special material?
>>
>>52602755
Celestial Mithral. Cold Iron would do as a similar by association to fey being weak to it.

If you're willing to brew, I'd say weapons made out of wood from trees grown near the local shrines, basically carrying a bit of the local holy power with them.
>>
>>52602793
pretty sure it's not, hence why I said to just scratch the name off something else so you can use steel given directly by the gods.
>>
>>52602814
Daily reminder Celestial Mithral is actually a 3pp material.
Check the source of it on pfsrd.
>>
>>52600648
Andrei here, thanks for the review! I was thinking the same thing but you gave me a good idea on how to extend his backstory and motivations. I think he more clear-cut motivation to go to the Stolen Lands now, but what do you think?
>>
>asked a question before going to sleep last thread
>thread gets deleted
>never gonna know the answer
Anyway, how do I get my GM to allow Autohypnosis?
>>
>>52603126

Regarding that, what blingmaker characters were reviewed in the last thread?

Those reviews are now gone, for those of us who went to sleep last night.
>>
>>52601747
Serpentine, Impossible, Nanite, Imperious, Sylvan, Abyssal, Infernal for summoners. This isn't a bloodline, but Wishcrafter is fun as fuck, too.

Usually it's Arcane or nothing.
>>
>>52600487

That's pretty edgy.
>>
File: new rats.png (38KB, 2039x1378px) Image search: [Google]
new rats.png
38KB, 2039x1378px
Sup fa/tg/uys. I'm playing a Ratfolk Shadow Assassin in Pathfinder. Just gotta say; it's a real joy tearing through everything in my way. But my real question is should I multi/prestige class at some point. I have considered Shadowdancer heavily; at least until level three. Does anyone know any good throwing classes to pair with my Assassin?
>>
>>52603160
>not including aberrant
You had one job.
>>
Lantern Archon casts continual flame as a 3rd level cleric spell or as a 2nd level wizard spell? And if so, where does it say it?
>>
>>52603309
The universal monster rules for spell-like abilities states: “Some spell-like abilities duplicate spells that work differently when cast by characters of different classes. A monster’s spell-like abilities are presumed to be the sorcerer/wizard versions. If the spell in question is not a sorcerer/wizard spell, then default to cleric, druid, bard, paladin, and ranger, in that order.”
>>
>>52603126
Look it up on archive.4plebs.com.

Search for pathfinder in the subject field, you'll find the deleted thread.
>>
File: heresy (2).jpg (33KB, 413x569px) Image search: [Google]
heresy (2).jpg
33KB, 413x569px
>>52603126
>Anyway, how do I get my GM to allow Autohypnosis?
You might to do something you won't be proud of...
>>
>>52603395
Never thought of it like that.
>>
>>52603356
Found it in the Archive, and nobody answered my question. I ask again, how do I get my GM to allow Autohypnosis?
>>
>>52603440

Ask him?
>>
>>52603440
Face down, ass up. Seriously, just ask.
>>
>>52603440
>"Hey GM can I use so [so-and-so] content from [so-and-so] book?"
>Show GM book
Was that so hard?
>>
Can I have a quick rundown on Old Man Jatembe?
>>
>>52603464
>>52603597
>>52603685
I already did. He said no.
>>
File: identifying forbidden love.png (355KB, 608x343px) Image search: [Google]
identifying forbidden love.png
355KB, 608x343px
>>52603692
>>
>>52603687
>Gorilla men bow down to Jatembe
>Use druidic magic even if he's an arcane caster
>Has ten magic warriors
>Controls Mwangi with a fair but iron fist of magic
>Knows many magical secrets
>Direct descendant of Mwangi kangz
>Paid for construction of lost city of Ird
>Created 99% of magic spells
>Very good at both arcane and druidic magic
>Ancient Stories say Old-mage will bring prosperity to mwangi tribes everywhere
>Recently explored all ancient ruins
>Many tribes trust Old-mage with their artifacts
>The Old-mage was born centuries ago but his magic is eternal
>>
>>52603687
>Thrunes bow to Jatembe
>In contact with aliens
>Possesses Tier 1-like abilities
>Controls The Mwangi Expanse with an iron but fair fist
>Own castles & banks globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on Eox (Jatembegrad will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of Paizo Publishing facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be Jatembe babies
>Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Golarion has only existed deep in Vudran monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Vudrani scriptures tell of a magical negro who will descend upon Golarion and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
>He owns Nanobot R&D labs around the world
>Your character likely has Jatembots inside them right now
>He learned fluent Androffan in under a week
>Nation states entrust their gold reserves with him. There’s no gold in the Bank of Abadar, only Ft. Jatembe
>He's about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, He is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know their ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.
>>
>>52603759
FUCK YOU ANON RIGHT WHEN I CLICK POST I SEE THIS
>>
>>52603692
And what was his reasoning?
>>
File: Jatembepill.jpg (62KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
Jatembepill.jpg
62KB, 1063x752px
>>52603761
The sending spell that saved Golarion
>>
>>52603687
He was an old Mwangi Dude who started a group literal Magical Negro warriors, brought Arcane magic tradition back to Golarion after shit hit the fan, got a bunch of boons from both gods and demons, and then fucked off somewhere.

I like to imagine there's an unwritten rule among Mythic Wizards/Tier 1s to not fuck with your birth planet, hence why Baba Yaga fucked with Golarion instead of just taking over Earth.
>>
File: Stat this.jpg (53KB, 500x1175px) Image search: [Google]
Stat this.jpg
53KB, 500x1175px
>Decide to read up on aasimar
>Figure that some of them might be pretty cute
>Agathion-blooded Aasimar are +CON/+CHA
>sweating.png
>They have bestial features
>SWEATING.png
>Naturally Chaotic Good
>ThisWorksTooWellWhyAmIHavingThisIdea
>secretly write a cute romance story between a violent man learning to reign himself in and an aasimar girl who wants to help him
>nothing smutty, just clean romance

So anons, on another topic, what ARE Agathion Aasimars good for? Not many classes need +Con/+Cha as far as I know. I mean, yes, they are cute, but what class would be BEST played by an Agathion Aasimar?
>>
>>52603860
Don't forget that mwangi claim that he's actually Kangz Nethys before his Apotheosis.
>>
>>52603873
Lunar oracles, Sorcerers, Warlords, Zealots maybe bards
>>
File: Leomon.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Leomon.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52603873
>Agathion-blooded Aasimar
Dying

Real answer: Bloodrager or any charisma caster, because why would ever not want Con?
>>
>>52603873

>Cute lawfully oriented Celestial faun-girl

Anon stop.
>>
>>52603890
Is that an actually bit of lore or are you just shitposting? Because I can see people actually believing that in setting.
>>
>>52603905
Zealots and warlords probably want str or dex over con and maybe cha. Not a bad fit, but buying an 18 damage stat is ass and having less than that is pretty bad fit a full bab martial
>>
>>52603927
I refuse, anon. Agathion-blooded aasimar are the only reason I'd ever LOOK at aasimar, man.

>>52603905
>>52603923
I guess both of these work. I usually don't play full-casters, though. I figure with /pfg/'s notion that +CON = THICC they'd make a good bard?
>>
>>52603940
Will it kill you to take 2 seconds to do a quick google check on Jatembe?
>>
>>52604021
Yes. If I google one more thing. I will die.
>>
>>52603940
>Jatembe and his Warriors defeated evildoers such as the King of Biting Ants, whose stronghold was the Doorway to the Red Star, and who claimed to possess a weapon that could eat the sun. Jatembe himself, however, vanished from history, and there are no known tombs for him or his Ten Magic Warriors. Some claim that he was carried off by a great spell, others that he left Golarion in order to repay his debt to the beings that had granted him mythical power. Still others claim that Jatembe was actually the mortal incarnation of the god Nethys, but no one has ever discovered the definitive truth. Before departing, Jatembe ordered the Ten Magic Warriors to remain behind and became advisors and protectors (but never kings) of the people; their images are still represented in mosaic on the ten towers of the Magaambya.[1][6]
>>
Anyone know an effect, magical or otherwise, that requires a Will save but ISN'T mind-affecting? Do they exist at all? If you become immune to mind-affecting effects, do you never need to make Will saves again?
>>
>>52604049
Glitterdust?
>>
>>52604049

I think anything involving souls uses will.
>>
>>52604018
Bards probably want their primary stats to be their main casting stat and their fallback combat stat so usually dex/cha. con/cha is probably not that bad but it will emphasize spellcasting and bardy stuff over bows and swords.
>>
>>52604049
I think Wild Rager Rage does.
>>
>>52604049
Glitterdust, Slow, part of Baleful polymorph, no save dazing spells to name a few.
>>
>>52604085
There were two investigator archetypes that changed them to not using alchemy, yeah? Psychic investigator made them use the psychic spell list and... The questioner was the other one, yeah? Are either of them good?
>>
File: laughingelfman.jpg (3KB, 92x126px) Image search: [Google]
laughingelfman.jpg
3KB, 92x126px
>>52604248
>Bard
>good
>>
>>52604085
Bard with the starknife Divine fighting technique could work if you focus Cha super hard
>>
>>52604273
>Still the best party buffer class

I don't know what you mean by this
>>
>>52604018
What about oradins?
>>
>>52604273
>CDI for ants.jpg
>>
>>52603989
High optimization Warlord wants Cha over Str or Dex, though. Attack and Damage bonuses can be completely compensated through stance/boost/flanking, and it boosts the entire party to no end.

Zealot can get away with Cha over Str/Dex, but it makes it more of a static turret due to needing to spam aid another on self to keep up with attack bonus, or at least until it grabs piercing thunder 8 stance.
>>
>>52604354
>implying that image isn't huge on my 640 x 480 resolution monitor.
>>
>>52604387
Sure, they want cha over dex at a high op, but not having a 18 in the main physical star post racial is significantly worse than only having a 16 in charge for those
>>
>>52604113
>no save dazing spells
>make a will save
>for no save dazes
???
>>
5e now has mechanical benefits for marriage. We ned to step our game up!
>>
>>52604538
Hold the fuck up what? Details.
>>
>>52604532
You still get a save against dazing spell even if the base spell doesn't allow a save.
>>
>>52604560
Oh you mean adding dazing to its effect
I thought you meant a normal daze spell that didn't allow a save
>>
>>52604545
They printed a new spell. 5e Clerics can now perform religious ceremonies to give people a 24 hour buff, marriage being the best buff giving the wedding couple +2 to AC and saves under BOUNDED ACCURACY which might make it better? I don't actually know much about 5e.
>>
>>52604538
I want to marry someone loving and cute!
>>
>>52604610
That won't happen Anon.
>>
File: img000008.jpg (96KB, 344x574px) Image search: [Google]
img000008.jpg
96KB, 344x574px
>>52604538

We already have a Vigilante talent that gives Will save and CHA skill rerolls for an hour of pleasurable physical contact. And I think Jolly made an option that lets other characters take it.
>>
>>52604538
Lover's vengeance?
>>
>>52604641
I know! I tried already, and she left! LEFT!
>>
>>52604445
Not really. Unless you go with piercing thunder, you should be able to keep a +2 attack swift action running all the time, or most of it-even before it, a +4 attack bonus is about solid enough.
>>
>when just want to fuck people up with claws, but can't because natural attack builds pretty much require your character to be a fucking chimeric whirlwind of teeth, wings, tentacles, hooves, and stingers to be effective
>>
>>52604583
Sounds kind of meh and doesn't make much sense from a flavor perspective.
>>
>>52604731
I wish there was a rule that let you apply standard BAB iteratives if you chose to use only one of your many natural attacks.
>>
>>52604731
Catfolk have claw blades, which let you treat your claws as regular weapons!
>>
>>52604804
But then I have to be dumb fucking cat thing.

I can't fucking stand Animal races outside of Vanara, Grippili, and Lizard fplk.
>>
>>52604826
What bout ratfolk...
>>
>>52604833
SMASH THE R@RIARCHY
>>
>>52604833
Are ratfolk Vanaras, Grippli, or Lizardfolk?
>>
>>52604849
No but they're cute!
>>
>>52604833

Rats are filthy, disgusting creatures deserving only of destruction.
>>
>>52604826
Honestly, you could probably just show it to your DM and go "hey, I'm not a catfolk, but can I use this anyway?" because it's... Nonsensical for it to be catfolk exclusive. It's metal coverings for your claws, why did only those dumb C@'s figure this out?
>>
Realistically a Bite + 2claws nat attacker doesn't fall behind a normal shitsmasher 2h build until around level 10
>>
>>52604873

Nah.
>>
File: RKO.gif (2MB, 390x229px) Image search: [Google]
RKO.gif
2MB, 390x229px
I want to make a Snakebite striker and fluff the knockout as an RKO.
>>
>>52604273
He said Investigator, slapnuts.
>>
>>52604826
So you're a scalie who likes hot monkey dick?
>>
>>52604913
The Questioner gives the Investigator the Bard's spell list and casting progression.
>>
>>52604913
If you're gonna slap my nuts, at least buy me dinner first.
>>
>>52604959
It's still an Investigator chassis, regardless of spell list swaps. Bard list is also better than Alchemist list.
>>
Gunslingers are cool, but I get the impression that they're not very effective. How do I build one to pull my own weight in a party that has a full caster (arcanist) in it?

1pp + PoW allowed, I believe feat taxes are not though.
>>
>>52605007

Gunsmoke mystic
>>
>>52605007
Just be yourself, you'll 'pull your weight' in combat just fine

The distorting power of full casters is to the narrative of the game, not fights.
>>
Thoughts on unquiet grave?
>>
>>52605082
Lame maneuver names. Sound like cheap Abyssal charms knockoffs.
>>
>>52605038
I'll look it up!
>>52605052
Inspirational!
>>
>>52605082
Some nice stuff here and there, but it's a bit hard to gauge the discipline considering it's rather unique when compared to the others.
>>
>>52605170

Stacking temp HP seem to be the best part
>>
My DM runs his game with exploding crits, but only on a 20. So anything other than a 20 still crits, but does not keep going.
A crit does maximized, then doubled damage, or whatever the weapon's critical multiplier is, including all dice in this, sneak attack, flaming, whatever, not just weapon damage dice as normal, because "nigga we double everything, this is rocket tag."
Two 20's in a row increase the critical damage multiplier by 1, 2x becomes 3x, 4x becomes 5x, and so on.
Three 20's outright kills whatever you look at.

The same goes for 1's though, getting even a single 1 screws you over, hard. Our magus lost his sword since it got stuck in a dragon and then it left.
I rolled two 1's for initiative once and fell over and bumped my head, knocking me out for the entire fight.
Three 1's and he finds some way for you or the monster that rolled it to die horribly.

With how absurd the damage on even a single crit is, I want to show him how terribly unbalanced this is, and bring in something that specializes in crit fishing. What's the best way to go about this? I assume it has something to do with a stalker, but I don't know much about PoW.

Anything but psionics and occult goes.
>>
>>52605221
>A single 1 screws you over, hard
>magus lost his sword

slap him upside the head
>>
FotJR logs WHEN?
>>
>>52605210
And Darkened Axe Style. 2d8 to every attack for a round is very good to have though something like Night's Knife from Steel Serpent gets better (on average) at level 10.
>>
>>52605253
They were in the last thread.

The one that got nuked.
>>
>>52605221
Honestly? Magic Missile build mage, roll for critical on every single missile individually. I think you can get something like 40 missiles out every turn.
>>
What's pfgs preference on elves?
Should they just be animu girls with pointy ears or should they look slightly alien like Mersiel and pic related?

What about half elves?
>>
File: does not want.jpg (16KB, 235x262px) Image search: [Google]
does not want.jpg
16KB, 235x262px
>>52605279
>Should they just be animu girls with pointy ears
>mfw someone brings non-animu art to an app
>>
>>52605279

I like pic related, and half-Elves should be more like the animu girls.
>>
>>52605279
Preferably non-existent.

If you must have them, then alien eye Elves best elf.
>>
>>52605290

Not going to lie, a non-anime girl will always entice me more than anime.
>>
>>52605253
https://pastebin.com/gyBCjJB5
>>
>>52605259

I wasn't up when that thread died, what was the gist?
>>
>>52605271
You don't roll to hit with a magic missile though, right?

>>52605251
Oh worse things have happened, this whole game is a shitshow. I'm just trying to make the most of it.
>>
>>52605329
shitposting

>captcha is ONLY TOILETS
accurate
>>
>>52605344
No you don't, Magic Missile hits automatically; but you should tell the DM that you're going to roll for crits anyway because that makes sense.
>>
>>52603759
>Use druidic magic even if he's an arcane caster
Well yeah, that's the whole point of Maagyambian Arcanist, which is Jatembe's thing in and of itself. Also one level dips for Blood Money+Lesser Restoration.
>>
>>52605357

So... What actually happened in the campaign?
>>
>>52605368
nobody actually cared, because they just wanted to shitpost
>>
>>52605323
Fucking top tier keks right there man
>>
>>52605279
They need to be really toned, but also curvy. Sexy, athletic bodies are ideal.
>>
>>52605329
>fotjr greentext

>etan was raep by shay
>quin and aster had a bath while tia cried alone in the corner
>sweettooth made friends with ameimei
>absolutely nothing of worth was accomplished
>>
>>52605392

Well, hopefully they had fun.
>>
>>52605007
Two questions: do you have revolvers and can you keep complex action chains straight in your head. If the answer to both is no, fuck that shit and play a Trench Fighter + Eldritch Guardian Fighter with Advanced Weapon/Armor Training.

If the answer to either is yes, you want Pistolero Gunslinger 5. Learn to love double barrel pistols (or revolvers), take alchemical bullets, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, TWF, Deadly Aim (explicitly works with guns) and Rapidshot. When you get a full attack off with all guns blazing, things tend to die really hard.

The class only goes up to level 5, and you have no real skills to speak of, but boy howdy can you murder shit.
>>
>>52605408
They seem like a pretty cool group of people, I hope they did too.
>>
>>52605408
Faggot
>>
>>52604891
And by that time you're gonna have a means of getting more natural attacks. I believe I had a wereboar-skinwalker that got hoofx2/bite/gore/clawx2 by level... I wanna say six. Primal Disciple Barbarian into primal Fury and use the second level pounce maneuver and stance of aggression. It was bonkers
>>
>>52605221
Even with the greatest crit range possible, that's a stalker with a keen 18-20/x2 weapon and critical edge for 14-20/x2, you're still only critting on 20s. What you want is rerolls. Specifically what you want is a cackle witch. Misfortune gives a 39/400 chance of crit failure. On every roll.
>>
>>52605392

So Etan fucked Shayliss and got caught by Vinder, just like the last time they encountered her?
>>
>The Psychopomp Eidolon option

What the fuck was Paizo Smoking when they wrote unchained summoner?
>>
>TFW new BitF app
>TFW there's not even enough there to make fun of
>TFW it's a super generic bow fighter
I r8 it boring/boring.
>>
>>52605442
Generally to keep up with a 2h smasher at 15th level, you just need one more attack to close the gap, be it a tail or whatever, additional ones like horns and such are very strong

In addition, Nat attacker builds are MUCH more accurate than 2h smashers, they're actually the strongest strength builds there are, its part of why the draconic bloodrager12/DD8 build is so fucking insane.
>>
>>52605464
They haven't fucked yet though.

I'm waiting for the shotgun marriage though
>>
File: 4411076418_4342371df3_b.jpg (296KB, 1024x584px) Image search: [Google]
4411076418_4342371df3_b.jpg
296KB, 1024x584px
>>52605464
>hey babe, want to come over and smash rats?
>can't, too busy being a LITERAL HERO
>my dad is out of town for the night
>etan.jpg
>>
>>52605474

pfg considers everything that isn't waifu or super meme to be boring
>>
>>52605253
Fuck you for bringing this back, up. The thread was doing fine.
>>
>>52605368
As far as I can tell

>one player walks into "obvious trap" and spends half a session trying and failing to keep a scene from taking half a session
>everyone else scratches their head and tries to figure out the next step in their plan while half the session gets absorbed
>/pfg/ then spends the next thread and a half losing their shit over nothing
>>
File: 1305760255694.png (185KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
1305760255694.png
185KB, 480x502px
>>52605523

Okay, that's actually pretty funny.
>>
File: IMG_2840.jpg (83KB, 599x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2840.jpg
83KB, 599x351px
>>
>>52605523
Who is the better daddy, Etan or Casimir?
>>
>>52605537
Did you read the app? It's just completely generic and devoid of character.
>>
>>52605561
Well, which one of them is more likely to have actually had kids before?
>>
>>52605537
Because that's what pfg exists for: memes and waifus.

There's extra scrutiny because dear lord, people from the general are actually PLAYING pathfinder games!
>>
>>52605408
Sometimes it's easy to forget here games are played for the enjoyment of players and GM and not the entire thread, isn't it?
>>
>>52605577
Yes, I don't get why people don't get that
>>
File: 1990 Can't Beat the Real Thing.jpg (387KB, 1920x914px) Image search: [Google]
1990 Can't Beat the Real Thing.jpg
387KB, 1920x914px
>>52605561
Waitress: What can I get you.
Me: I'll have Casimir.
Waitress: We don't have Casimir, is Etan okay?
>MFW
>>
What happens if I have a "roll twice and use the better" and a "roll twice and use the worse" effect at the same time? Do I roll once? Three times and take the middle? Twice, take the better, twice, take the better, take the worse of those two? Twice, take the worse, twice, take the worse, take the better of those two? Twice, take the better, twice, take the worse, take the average?
>>
>>52605577
Well maybe they should stop attention whoring their shit here then.

Don't want people calling you faggots, keep your shit to yourselves.
>>
>>52605602
Roll thrice and take the middle one, I believe. I'm not entirely sure if that's the official ruling, though.
>>
>>52605618
>They should keep to themselves
>People hoot and holler like shit flinging monkeys if they don't post greentext
>>
File: LBGUrsCQ.jpg (32KB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
LBGUrsCQ.jpg
32KB, 459x459px
>>52605618
Hey anon, I'm totally Etan. Here I am, me, Etan, a LITERAL ANIMAL, whoring myself out, drawing attention. Again, this is me, Etan, on an anonymous board. Etan, remember.
>>
>>52605602
You only roll once. The two effects cancel each other out.
>>
>>52605577
You lost me.
>>
>>52605637
Rory old stop
>>
>>52605634
So ignore them, if the game exists solely for the enjoyment of the players why worry about what some nosy motherfuckers clamor for.
>>
>>52605667
I don't even know why people care about games they're not in
>>
>>52605649
That's not Rory Anon
>>
>>52605667
It's not really much skin off their nose to post it if there are those who are interested. The fact that it makes you really booty blasted is just a plus.
>>
i really dont understand why anons hate so many games/characters/apps.
>>
>>52605677
[animu picture]

WHY DID QUINN LET HERSELF BE RAPED?????
>>
>>52605564

The app isn't good but 'boring' is used here so often and so generically that the term is meaningless.
>>
>>52605677
Speaking as a shitposter, though not as a /pfg/ shitposter because I don't shitpost where I lurk, shitposters will shitpost anything that they can shitpost about. Shitposting is the ends, not the means.

They don't care about the games, this isn't the salty rejects, or the players under anon, or people genuinely disgusted at the games, it's people who just don't give a fuck, see an opportunity, and jump on it.

Gotta get them (You)s.
>>
>>52605561

Who can you see being a better father? Casimir's got craft skills and wisdom.

Also, Valeriya >>>>> Shayliss
>>
>>52605693
Sour Grapes. The grand majority of people aren't in a game, so they get pissy and frustrated at people who do have games.

They're really just big bitches, honestly.
>>
>>52605700
its used so often because 70% of you niggas dont know how to make a compelling character to save your life.
>>
>>52605667
Primarily for the enjoyment of the players, not solely. If you can give greentexts and make other people happy, go and do so.
>>52605693
NaCl.
>>
>>52605715
Maybe because we want to play games, not write fucking novels?

Apps were a mistake.
>>
>>52605715
>>52605729

Apps just come down to memes, fetishes and shipping.
>>
>>52605690
>complain about people bitching about a game you post about
>WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING IT'S FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF THE PLAYERS
>Then don't post about it if you don't want to get bitched at
>BUT THEN PEOPLE WILL ASK
>then ignore them
It's clear you faggots don't want any discussion of the game that isn't people getting on their knees and inflating your oh-so deep characters.
>>
>>52605729
if all you want to do is play a game there at like 20 more generic pathfinder games on roll20 that you can slide in just by saying "i'm here".

if you want to play a pfg game expect to go against decent writers.
>>
>>52605747
>I just want to eat
>if you want to eat, there's some dog shit outside on the ground.
>but if you want to eat a hamburger, fight 20 other people for it.
>>
>>52605707
Actually, I play in a game right now, and I still shitpost. It's important to stay involved in the /pfg/ community. Don't forget where you came from.
>>
>>52605770
That's life.
>>
>>52605770
I mean to be fair when there's only enough hamburger for five people?
>>
>>52605746
I'm only two of the messages you're referencing, and I'm not in any /pfg/ games, but hey keep feeling that false sense of superiority!
>>
Where were you when DHB made literally the worst character for blingmaker?

I mean seriously, is he trying to just be disruptive?
>>
>>52605791
>false sense of superiority
>>
>>52605770
if something's of quality you should be expected to work for it.

you want a game without an app process? try your luck in the roll20 games.

you want a game that's more than some people that who just wanna roll some die and play whatever they want? learn how to app.
>>
File: pNDfK3t.png (25KB, 810x800px) Image search: [Google]
pNDfK3t.png
25KB, 810x800px
>>52605746
>Hopefully the players are having fun, that's what's important.
>WELL THEN MAYBE THEY SHOULDN'T POST HERE!!!!!!
>But some people want to see it.
>I DON'T WANT THEM TO WANT TO SEE IT!
Hey, I can do this too!
>>
>>52605715
As much as this thread hates him, Vult has never made a boring character
>>
>>52605715

No, it's used so often because nothing but tits or memes will actually catch anyone's attention. People will see a concept that's simple and solid, then discard it as shit because they're completely desensitized to anything that isn't a fireworks display. So you start seeing small novels and lewd anime elves everywhere to compensate.
>>
>>52605808
https://pastebin.com/zUGVAmbf
>>
File: CirnoNOPENAH.jpg (99KB, 680x540px) Image search: [Google]
CirnoNOPENAH.jpg
99KB, 680x540px
>looking at ridiculous, feat-heavy gimmick build for my next character in a "mainly 1pp-only" game
>open thread to ask some questions
>mfw this shit again

Time to just go fuck about by myself some more and convince myself to not play this build, I guess.
>>
>>52605835
A good character is dynamic, not static. Hamlet is a shit tier character at both beginning and end of the play, but his evolution is what makes him amazing.
>>
>>52605811
I want a game with some not shitty char gen.
>>
>>52605840
Ask it m8
>>
>>52605840
Just ask man. Yuo can't save the thread if you don't try.
>>
File: EndHimRightly.jpg (83KB, 635x600px) Image search: [Google]
EndHimRightly.jpg
83KB, 635x600px
On a completely different topic, what are some unusual ways your character or party has won fights, /pfg/?
>>
>>52605835
i don't think this is true at all but okay you can think that.
>>
>>52605840
If you had asked your question instead of making this post you would've increased thread quality. It's not too late.
>>
>>52605860
Does bribery count?
>>
>>52605840
And this is precisely why discussing RotJR is cancerous.

It would be healthier for everyone in the thread and in the games to just not discuss it here.

Ask your question.
>>
>>52605841

So? Backgrounds can't be dynamic. They're fixed pieces in a character's history. Male human fighter who enjoys an occasional drink and is usually a bro could be the most dynamic character in a game, but he'll never get the chance.
>>
>>52605840
As away, mechanics are always better to talk about than drama.
>>
>>52605826
Is there a Mrs. Vult?
>>
File: addicted to you.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
addicted to you.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>52605707
>They don't care about the games, this isn't the salty rejects, or the players under anon, or people genuinely disgusted at the games, it's people who just don't give a fuck, see an opportunity, and jump on it.
I think it's true and certainly more true than sour grapes theory. There certainly are people salty enough to shitpost but most of it just plain old (you) addiction and wanting to see threads go down in flames.

>>52605840
Ask anyway, the worst thing is you getting ignored.
>>
>>52605860
I can't remember the last time we've won a fight in a usual way.
>>
>>52605836
FUCK OFF!
>>
>>52605807

Who even knows what gets people into games these days. Half the apps that get in seem terrible to me.
>>
>>52605877
Not yet...
>>
>>52605874
In other words, writing a good backstory comes down to having an interesting premise and being attention catching, not necessarily being solid, detailed, or reasonable.
>>
File: IMG_2754.jpg (40KB, 400x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2754.jpg
40KB, 400x478px
>>52605840
Post the build!
>>
File: GnollMidfielder.jpg (14KB, 362x480px) Image search: [Google]
GnollMidfielder.jpg
14KB, 362x480px
>>52605870

Sure. Bribery is a valued part of any conflict/sporting event.
>>
>>52605860
By giving the blackguard a big, sloppy kiss!
>>
>>52605840
I hope the build turns out okay, Anon. It can't be THAT bad!
>>
>>52605874
The opinion I generally see is that interesting backstories matter way less than a good sell on their personality block. Gimmicks and potential will move you more than history does, which is good.

The problem with this is that some people genuinely like roleplaying more simple characters and seeing where it goes from there. A lot of boring profiles might've been made by amazing roleplayers, but I still think the current method is fine, there's no reassurance that any given player will be better or worse than another and interviewing everyone is impractical.
>>
>>52605947

Excluding great roleplayers to recruit people who can write gimmicks well doesn't make the current method "fine"
>>
>>52605978
Remember: Someone got into a game by making their entire app one entire shit poor stand up comedy rountine that isn't even up to high school talent show tier. And then the first session nothing that was mentioned in their app was even brought up. The only reason they got in cause they were friends with the GM and just asked.
>>
>>52605978
how are you going to tell if someone out of 30-50 people are "great roleplayers" in a concise manner while giving each of them a proper shot?

assuming the gm isnt a neet
>>
>>52605978
The bar for what makes "good roleplayer" is real fucking low and has more to do with what kinda interactions you like. If you can write a coherent sentence in English and are willing to interact with the party, congrats you're fine.
It's pretty much just luck of the draw, anon. Don't like it, don't participate. If you really hate it so much, make your own game where you interview each and every player who applies. Ultimately it's the GM's decision who he's going to spend his time with, he has no one to answer to but himself. It's not fair. It's not right. It doesn't need to be. This is a fucking game, son.
>>
>>52605995
Arahnha or whatever that spider thing was.
>>
File: ToS Colette Brunel.jpg (143KB, 900x877px) Image search: [Google]
ToS Colette Brunel.jpg
143KB, 900x877px
>>52605847
>>52605858
>>52605875
>>52605903
I was mostly just curious about Sanctified Slayer's ability to get Ranger Weapon Styles, what the minimum requirement to get "passable competence" with a single thrown weapon, and Desna's Starknife fighting style. I'm the dumb fuck who looked at Ravener Hunter and thought "man, I could make a full Wis/Cha character with this!", but after level 3 I can't really qualify for anything, as until level 8 and I have jack shit to do with my feats after getting Noble Scion (War) and DFT. TWF would be a possibility with the bonus feats from combat styles.

The plan was to use the 25 PB to get something around 10/10/14/10/18/18 as a standard Aasimar, use the Lunar mystery from Ravener, then work as kind of a side caster until 3 so I can get DFT and actually use a starknife. After that, well, fuck if I know. If I go Human instead, I could be online at level 1, but I'm still in the same old bind. I mean, knowing my GM I could probably just snap up Craft Wondrous and Leadership and still crack shit over my knees, but that's EZ mode.

Of course, why go through all this effort when I can just... Be a regular Inquisitor and probably be far more effective? Especially given that this build is for a 1pp game. Pic barely related because
>Aasimar with throwing weapon

>>52605933
It's full-on shitty gimmicks here, senpai
>>
>>52605978
The only way to discover a great roleplayer is to play with them, and often over several sessions because some good first impressions might be bad at character development, and a lot of amazing players take time to settle into character. Roleplaying ability is by far and away the hardest factor to gauge.

The current app system has issues but it tells you a few things, among others; whether or not a player can write, and whether or not their character should work. As someone who primarily plays voice and has had to judge many player interviews, I much prefer the app system, there's so much bullshit that comes along with just vetting people off a meeting and no time to talk to them at lengths.
>>
>>52606022
My question is, why Inquisitor in-general? What does it bring to the table with that build that, say, Oracle wouldn't also be able to imitate? Honestly curious here.
>>
When I use Overchannel, do I take the damage before or after Manifesting my Power?
>>
>>52605995
>>52606002
>>52606003
>>52606029

Right, which is why stressing over the app process is pointless. Just make retarded memes, every game has one or two apps that are awful.
>>
>>52606022
Dip a level of Swash to and grab Artful Dodge so you can use Cha to act as Int and Dex for feat pre-reqs.
>>
>>52606060
Why aren't you using Talented?
>>
>>52606080
Not him but I never noticed this interaction before and boy is that interesting.
>>
>>52606022
With that statblock you might be able to use Guided Star as well, provided you worship Desna. Dex is a bit low for Starry Grace though (plus you don't get the benefit from both it and the Divine Fighting Technique), and you can't take Startoss Style with your Dex.
>>
>>52606080
How does that combo work? Do you treat CHA as INT for prereqs, and then count INT as DEX?
>>
So, everyone enjoying their Saturday? Tell us about that player you want to message, that build you want to try or even the campaign you're trying to get in!
>>
>>52606136
Exactly.
>>
>>52606097
My GM said it was too strong.
>>
>>52606138
Boring. May install Rainworld or go out and get food.

I've done literally nothing all day.
>build you want to try
Nil.
>campaign you're trying to get in
They all look incredibly boring.
>>
>>52606138
>Player
Wist!
>Build
Polearm Dancer
>Campaign
Blingmaker!
>>
>>52606160
>Wist!
W-what! Why? Who are you?
>>
>>52606156
Your GM is dumb. Why does he think it's too strong. You need to expend Psionic focus to use it, which takes up a fullround unless you expend some more feats to do it as a move action.
>>
>>52605715
This, honestly.

This is why I haven't done much lately. There's only so many ways I can say "be more interesting," and it just tires me.
>>
>>52606176
Maybe you should be more interesting.
>>
>>52606176
Well what makes something interesting to you aside from "lol titties".
>>
>>52606176
But we can't be more interesting if we exist in an echo chamber. That's why input from the outside is great.
>>
>>52606022
>Colette
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52606176
Interesting is a pretty subjective quality.

What's interesting to one person may be an active turn off to another. Not to mention some people prefer more down to earth characters.
>>
>>52606170

You're a cute! We want to protect your smile!
>>
File: starknife.jpg (10KB, 268x275px) Image search: [Google]
starknife.jpg
10KB, 268x275px
>>52606056
It has more options for just outright hitting things, as well as just more interesting features in general to me. Sanctified Slayer is very much something I want to use, and since it stacks with Ravener it seemed like a fun thing just looking at it. It also gives me an excuse to play a Wis/Cha race instead of yet another fucking Dex/[Pick Int or Wis]

>>52606107
Everything but Wis and Cha are pretty flexible for the statblock, it's mostly a matter of feat crunching. My first feat at bare minimum is just outright gone though, which sucks. I COULD possibly dumpster both Strength and Dex if I wanted, but I wouldn't think it'd be worth it.

>Guided Star requires Starry Grace
>Only gives the returning quality, which means lmao no full attacks
PAIZOOOOOOOO I mean, my GM is laid back enough that he'd probably houserule it, but I'm trying to AVOID relying on that
>>
>>52606176
Out of curiosity, what's your personal qualification for interesting that you use for reviews? Like, be as subjective as you want.

The other recent reviewers have gotten me wondering about the difference between them and any disparity between their evaluations and the DMs of games they review.
>>
>>52606138
>that build you want to try
Cha-SAD SoP caster focused on healing and support, with a lyrakien familiar. Maybe also with illsuions if I would have enough talents.

Or blaster avowed. Maybe as an Aspirant?
>>
>>52606243

Once you start thinking about this stuff there's no end to it. Most apps that don't get in are an idea someone wanted to play and crammed into the setting though. Even with 30 apps generally half will be written so poorly on a technical level they'll get disregarded. Of the remaining 15 the 6 with the most memes get in generally.
>>
>Tuvarkz made an app that ISN'T a nodachi wielder in a setting where that weapon doesn't make sense!
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4867220/thread-for-posting-dudes/?pageforid=4868042#post-4868042
>>
>>52606138
>that build you want to try
Elementalist with Energy Blade and Mystic Assault
>>
>>52606241
Well I mean, if you're using Startoss Style you can make multiple attacks with a single thrown weapon anyway.
>>
>>52606284
I wonder how many if any apps in the history of /pfg/ have failed a cut for the siren call of nodachi or reactionary.
>>
>>52606333
Jokes on you I literally drop any apps with nodachi and reactionary in them instantly.
>>
>>52606346
How many apps have actually used nodachis? Like, ever?
I've only seen two or three.
>>
>>52606170
Someone who's looking forward to playing with you this week, of course!
>>
>>52606354
Generally you just search 'Tuvarkz' and find a nodachi user
>>
>>52606138
>Player you want to message
Anyone in FotJR, or SotJR, if I wasn't such a fucking tool that I'd offend them
>Build you want to try
Just a vanilla wizard
>Campaign you're trying to get in
Blingmaker
>>
>>52606311
can't you only hit a particular target once per round, though? I still don't get why Startoss style has it being so good, aside from it just being a slightly better weapon expertise.
>>
>>52606354
"nodachi" is the new "slender animu fuccboi"

An accusation that you can level at anyone and instantly make /pfg/ join you in tearing them apart, whether it's true or not.
>>
>>52606355

>Gloriana has claimed the role of Slutty Older Sister with Cashmere
>>
>>52606384
That's true, but you're not hitting multiple targets anyway unless you have a blinkback belt or a bunch of starknives.
>>
>>52606371

Why would you want to PM someone in FotJR or SotJR?
>>
>>52606388
Its actually not something you can level at anyone

its something you can level at anyone with a fucking nodachi
>>
>>52606409
Still interested in their characters. All of them, really. Plus it still seems like a fun campaign, when I peel away all the memes that have been smeared all over it.
>>
>>52606414
Which is only Tuvarkz.
>>
>>52606424

PM someone now! Do it now! Ask them all the questions you want to know, they're sluts for attention anyway!
>>
>>52606414
Well yeah, that's technically true. But there's been maybe two or three people who actually have submitted apps to any games with nodachi-wielding characters, and yet /pfg/ will fucking explode at the slightest mention of it, as if it were a thing every goddamn character was doing.
>>
>>52606414
Except that Golarion is written in such a way that's is pretty easy to get your hands on foreign weapons without actually have been out of the inner sea region
>>
One of the following campaigns becomes /pfg/'s new hot meme game. It is assured to run to completion, full logs will be posted:

>Shardwalker
>Wild Weird West
>Blingmaker
>Blood in the Fangwood

Which do you choose? Selecting a party is optional.
>>
>tfw you think that that was finally the last fight since all of our resources are used by gm still keeps throwing encounters at us

and he wonders why we are all apathetic
>>
>>52606446

/pfg/ doesn't explode, it's one dedicated shit poster.
>>
>>52606424
PM the DM, it's like PMing everyone else!
>>
>>52606414
>>52606388
>>52606354
>>52606346
>>52606284
JUST REFLUFF IT YOU FUCKS
I've said it before AGAIN, and I'll say it again AGAIN, just refluff the damnable thing. Unless you're really cheesing-out the thing, a Nodachi is WORSE than a greatsword. Even 2hu has pointed this out!
>>
>>52606448
Doesn't make you less of a faggot
>>
>>52606474
No, its worse than a greatsword at low levels, everyone knows the basic math of 3.5 weapons, it overtakes the greatsword at higher levels, just like the Falchion does, and a nodachi is just a better Falchion in like every way.
>>
>>52606463
Blingmaker.
>>
>>52606475
Why?
>>
>>52606463
Blingmaker is already a meme game, despite WWW and Shardwalkers both having more interesting settings than fucking Golarion of all places, /pfg/ wants to jerk off to Golarion
>>
>>52606489
>its worse than a greatsword at low levels
>implying games ever go higher then lvl 3

Name one /pfg/ game that didn't crash horribly three sessions in?
>>
>>52606407
A damn shame it doesn't combo with the Advanced Divine Fighting Technique for Starknives, because that might actually make it a pretty cool build

>Full round action, activate Guided Star and roll 1d4 for number of hits
>throw a star and have it bounce around like a pinball, hitting the first target 1d4 times and everyone else once
I should write this down to pitch to my GM, because even if it isn't RAW,
it's just moronic and taxed enough that I might be able to get some of it eased off.
>>
>>52606497
The same reason that picking reactionary makes you a faggot

its muchkiny
>>
>>52606506
Literally every /pfg/ game besides HV.
>>
>>52606503
Shardwalker's barely has a setting and what is there is some weird wannabe post sci-fi thing that probably shouldn't be run in Pathfinder.
>>
>>52606509
How is it munkiny? That's like saying Power attack is Munckiny or Dragon Style or anything that isn't Skill Focus(Professsion: Azlanti Basket Weaving)
>>
>>52606509
Does that word "munchkin" even mean anything anymore? Statements like this are borderline-Stormwind. The idea of picking something that's good isn't bad unless you're obviously cheesing out your character specifically to exploit it.
>>
>>52606539
>I NEED ABSOLUTELY EVERY EDGE POSSIBLE.
>>
>>52606539
What do you have against Skill Focus (Profession: Azlanti Basket Weaving)? It's a good choice for a feat
>>
>>52606507
Well, you know what does stack?
The bonus Wis damage, the Cha bonus, and the +6 from Startoss Style, plus any other bonus damage sources on the weapon itself.
>>
>>52606184
I've been pretty harsh on the pure sex appeal characters.

>>52606243
When I'm judging a character, I generally look for a few things (generally in order of significance):
1. Well-rounded personality with both positive and negative traits. Also needs potential for growth.
2. A backstory that demonstrates key traits, while at least trying to be creative.
3. Tangible motivation, that fits with all of the above. Adventuring is dirty, exceptionally dangerous, traumatic, and generally unglamorous work. Why would your character start adventuring to begin with? More importantly, why do they continue adventuring?
4. The consequences of the character's personality and background are explored.
5. They need to be someone that the party would *want* to adventure with.
6. Ludo narrative dissonance should be minimized whenever possible.
7. Writing is technically functional. I despised grammar, so I don't deduct points for semicolon usage or whatever, but the app needs to be readable, and spelling errors are inexcusable.
8. The sheet isn't minmaxed to hell and back.

>>52606209
I agree to a certain extent, but the things I'm looking for are just universal rules for making solid characters. Down-to-earth characters are great, provided we're given reason to care about them.
>>
>>52606503

WWW is interesting but scope of characters for a western game is limited compared to Golarion. Bling also has ridiculous templates and shit, and people love kingmaker even though it's an awful AP.
>>
>>52606549
>I ENJOY PLAYING WEAKASS CHARACTERS WHO ONLY HAVE SINGLE DIGIT DPR AND HOLD EVERYONE ELSE BACK
>>
>>52606547
No its just the lazy squeezing of literally every bit of power you can get, instead of making an actually interesting character, you just focus on mechanics and just grab NODACHI REACTIONARY MAN I'M SO GOOD AT CHARACTER BUILDING

And then you whine when you don't get into a game, maybe its because you need to stop jerking off about mechanics and making THE STRONGEST EVER
>>
>>52606562
Well yea, but how many feats did you spend for all that?
>>
>>52606549
That's kind of how optimization works. It's not really munchkiny until you start abusing rules in ways they weren't intended to be used with.
>>
>>52606568
>THERE ARE LITERALLY ONLY THESE TWO EXTREMES, IF I DON'T MAXIMUM OPTIMIZE I CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF

Are you 2hu anon? I say this not because I think you're 2hu, but because 2hu also has a problem where he can't stop himself from optimizing.
>>
At this point, why doesn't someone run a campaign that allows all the Nodachi fags in?

I call it the realm of Rust Monsters and Sunder Ninjas.
>>
>>52606580
If you can't modulate your own optimization, you don't deserve to be in a campaign, simple as that.
>>
>>52606569
>No its just the lazy squeezing of literally every bit of power you can get, instead of making an actually interesting character,
These aren't mutually exclusive things, you know.
>>
>>52606587
>Silversheen Nodachis.
>Silversheen Nodachis everywhere.
>>
>>52606564
They other review was shit, review nugget man.
>>
>>52606566
Think of it as applying to Rise of the Runelords when it was brand new and you didn't know anything about the world
>>
>>52606598
They tend to be around these parts.
>>
>>52606594
Except there's nothing munkiny or even broken about either Reactionary or Nodachi's.

They're strong options, but at the end of they day it's just a good weapon and +2 initiative. Nothing is being broken by either of those.
>>
>>52606569
That's...that's a lot of things I didn't say.

Sure, some people actually do do what you're saying. But that's not what I'm talking about. There are plenty of people who just choose Reactionary because it's decent and they can fit it into their background. There are some people who just like the look of an eastern weapon.

If you've got an axe to grind against a specific person, say so, but don't just tell me that this is a rampant problem without some proof, alright?
>>
>>52606594
>reactionary should never be taken under any circumstnaces
Reactionary isn't even that good. +2 initiative is not game breaking in and of itself.

Shit if you were talking about Blood Money, Paragon Surge, or Sacred Geometry then sure, but Reactionary in no way is that strong. It doesn't warp games in any way.

You're putting way too much stock in it.
>>
>>52606612
Not really unless you can provide consistent examples.
>inb4 a character isn't interesting because I can't fuck it.
>>
I tried GMing
Everyone hated it
Feels like I even lost enjoyment at being a player
>>
>>52606539
>>52606547
The ideal character mixes fluff and mechanics. Sometimes options are necessary to reach thresholds like power attack, or they're strong but also help define the build flavor like dragon style.

The issue people generally take with nodachi is that it isn't an exploit that makes for an interesting build, and that it's not as powerful as power attack that it's a given. It adds 0.5 damage over a falchion on each attack, has piercing damage which admittedly might help flavor but is rarely a gameplay advantage, and brace which I haven't seen used in half a decade of playing PF.

A nodachi might be leveraged for flavor here and there but it's usually a sign that a player is going pushing for tiny advantages. The problem has never been the power level of the nodachi, it's small, probably not as egregious as a large falcata. The problem is that when you see a player with a nodachi, you have some ground to assume they're not here to make an interesting character.
>>
File: 1400897545332.png (326KB, 561x590px) Image search: [Google]
1400897545332.png
326KB, 561x590px
>>52606564
And yet you somehow gave the shitbag opera-singer a gold-plated review, despite her being sex appeal, boring, static, and a bitch.
>>
>>52606630
I tried GMing
Everyone loved it.
Feels like now I never get to be a player
>>
>>52606619
And yeah I agree, reactionary is one of the better traits, but it isn't even the best trait.

Any +1 save trait with an extra benefit is on par with it, like Carefully Hidden.
>>
>>52606633
This guy gets it, better explanation than i could
>>
>>52606284
Cecilia is gonna go from Tiger Fork into Urumi. Running Elemental Flux, so need something that does both it and Black Seraph, leaving me with only those two options.
>>
>Blood in the Fangwood
I was going to run that AP!
I wanted to be special!
>>
>>52606606

I'm not disagreeing, just saying that character ideas are not as flexible in a western game, most of the iconic things we think of are just "Guy who is a really good shot" and then what else, native guy, hooker with a heart of gold, crazy prospector?

I'm not that familiar with westerns, so when I was trying to make an app I found it really difficult to do something that wasn't just clint eastwood with fat tits
>>
>>52606665
I don't know, some people have some really great and creative apps

Like the doll! Doll is setting unique and really well done.
>>
>>52606579
Uhh, let's see.
Startoss Style, Startoss Comet, Startoss Shower, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Starknife), Weapon Finesse, Starry Grace, Guided Star, Divine Fighting Technique

So a total of 9 feats.
>>
>>52606633
What if they're the type of player that refluffs everything, and therefore instead of being a Bloodrager (Arcane, Steelblood) with a Nodachi they're fluffing it as a super-soldier Highlander with a zweihander? It's effective, but it's also something completely different.
>>
>>52606664
Run the AP but have the party concept be a Molthuni infiltration team disguised as a lost Nirmathan resistance group.

Almost no /pfg/ games advertise strong party concepts.
>>
>>52606664
Do it anyways. We have two WotR campaigns going on here.
>>
>>52606633
I'd forgive someone who wasn't making a clear attempt to make something broken. A nodachi really isn't a clear and present danger unless the player's built to do some busted OP bullshit *at game start*.

Simply put, a nodachi or the reactionary trait isn't like [broken blade + magdh obedience + sacred geometry + blood money + weapon crafting]. I can allow for a little leeway as a GM, so long as you've got something else going on besides back-building your character to justify a build.
>>
File: Mary.png (1MB, 778x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Mary.png
1MB, 778x1100px
>>52606675
You're blinded by her rack.
Admit it, if pic related hadn't been attached to the post you would have found it boring.
>>
File: salt elemental.png (123KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
salt elemental.png
123KB, 500x506px
>>52606634
I strongly disagree.

Except about her being a bitch, but that's part of the character.

Also, I think this avatar is more appropriate for you.
>>
>>52606698
Nah, the idea of a human/haemonculi child who shouldn't have been born, paired with a mechanical addition of the impossible bloodline, it really activates my almonds

But the tits activate other parts of me
>>
>>52606679
Refluffing for things that are setting specific, like particular deity requirements for PrCs are fine.

Refluffing basic shit like your race, weapon, class, etc. is cancer.

I played with a guy who was a human with a reach weapon who fluffed it as a halfling with a rapier. That was fucking retarded.
>>
>>52606683
Given /pfg/s love for Molthune and general hatred of Nirmathas, I imagine that's pretty much what BitF's team is going to look like.
>>
>>52606664

Fangwood DM's posts are overrun with normies, he probably wants to kill himself.
>>
>>52606442
I want to PM ___you!
>>
>>52606698
Doll is qt
Pic just gives me an erection.
>>
>>52606720
I'm waiting!
>>
>>52606714
>race, weapon, class, etc. is cancer.
I feel like it really depends on what you're refluffing and how you're doing it.
>>
>>52606442
But I'm actually one of them, and still feel awkward talking to anyone.
>>
>>52606713

If it was a male app, no one would care
>>
>>52606736
Drop who you are in the Discord. I'll talk with you. I'll even let you practice talking with others on me.
>>
>>52606698
Hmm...someone should make a toy soldier to go with the doll. Like, not even in a sexual way--just to be a brother and foil.
>>
>>52606725
Post your credentials, Anon!
>>
>>52606679
On a strictly personal level I hate hard refluffs. I'm okay with different interpretations of something, reactionary being about abuse rather than bullying, but I'm opposed to calling reactionary "Fast Reaction" and taking it in that way. Likewise, I'm opposed to calling a nodachi a zweihander, especially when greatsword and large bastard sword are running around. The common zweihander or claymore examples don't take into consideration the unique stat line of the nodachi anyways, any conversion of them into Pathfinder would not give them piercing damage on an 18-20 range.

But that's me. If your DM doesn't care about nodachis then by all means, go ahead. I'm just explaining my mindset, people are constantly thinking that the problem with nodachis is that they're too strong, when no one anti-nodachi has ever complained about that.

It has always and likely always will be about the flavor. I don't DM for /pfg/ so you don't ever have to worry about me cutting your character for these things, but I do DM, and whenever I'm looking over character sheets I will always subtract marks for a nodachi that doesn't have good flavor attached to it. I've never seen one done.
>>
>>52606753
I disagree, it has a solid backstory and solid mechanics, I would like it either way, its a setting appropriate app with unique elements that ties those elements into actual game mechanics

That's not just fucking rare

That's fucking solid gold.
>>
File: 1481263914010.jpg (88KB, 728x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481263914010.jpg
88KB, 728x716px
>>52606704
Why in the world would you be okay with a bitch for a PC? Even going so far as to call her "in the running for being the potential Iconic for the whole AP"?
>>
File: 4b548164a9a567505c4e2d3b314ff51e.jpg (217KB, 1280x1185px) Image search: [Google]
4b548164a9a567505c4e2d3b314ff51e.jpg
217KB, 1280x1185px
>>52606753
This. If it had the female pronouns flipped to male and pic related as the char art, everyone would be ragging on it for being boring and uninteresting.

>>52606775
Stop thinking with your dick you sick fuck.
>>
>>52606736
Send them a private message on IRC or discord or however you guys communicate. They're waiting eagerly, I know it.
>>
File: Jon I feel nothing.gif (108KB, 269x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jon I feel nothing.gif
108KB, 269x200px
>>52606677
>9 feats
>probably a ton of bullshit tacked onto it
>still probably missing a couple feats to make it REALLY "complete"
>no room for any side feats whatsoever

christ, really makes me wonder what it is I'm even trying to do now, but maybe houserules can save the memes. If not, at least I can still be okay in melee.
>>
>>52606802
The only thing that gets me erect anymore is Ludonarrative harmony, and the doll gives me the biggest Ludonarrative boner i've ever had.
>>
>>52606770
>Fast Reaction" and taking it in that way.
Why?
>>
>>52606806
Post your handle so we can PM you, too
>>
>>52606826
just take elven reflexes you pussy
>>
>>52606817
>9 feats being a lot
Play a fighter m8
>>
>>52606594
Part of the problem with optimizing for a random group is that you never know what the fuck is gonna happen.

Last game I joined, every motherfucker was being standoffish as hell, and making veiled, smug comments about their characters. As there was no way I was gonna let myself get pushed around by some asshole just because they input bigger numbers than me, I boosted my build bit by bit for every remark, and when it came to game time, they all sucked and I was more powerful than anyone. And they were incredibly salty about it.

It's the prisoner's dilemma, really. You're better off optimizing in case the other guy does it - if he doesn't, you can always talk to the GM about nerfing yourself, but you can bet a random GM isn't going to power you up no matter what.
>>
>>52606833
But I don't want to be an elf or related to elves.
>>
File: 1486413299956.jpg (88KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486413299956.jpg
88KB, 1024x576px
>>52606755
I'll think about it...thanks, though. That actually means a lot. :)
>>
>>52606846
Honestly in ever /pfg/ game i've been in, fuck every pf game i've been in, characters altered their build slightly through the first few sessions so the party meshes better
>>
>>52606845
>Want to play a straight Ravener/Sanctified Slayer inquisitor
>look for ways to make Starknives useable
>"Just play a fighter"

Anon, if I was just gonna play a fighter, I probably wouldn't have even thought to look at Starknives. That said, I really don't know what I expected.
>>
>>52606826
It's an actual example. I asked one of my players why he took reactionary and he just said he wanted the initiative, I asked him if he could add it to his backstory and he said he didn't want to be bullied so he offered me fast reaction as a compromise.

Being the sucker that I am I ended up accepting it and he turned out to be problematic. I haven't allowed reactionary since unless the player is ready to roleplay it.
>>
>>52606853
>Whaa whaa i don't want to be related to elves

You don't seem to give a shit about 'bullied' for reactionary, given you don't put that in your backstory either, why would i expect you to do the same for elf shit
>>
>>52606855
You're welcome. I hope you take up the offer.
>>
>>52606664
>>52606664
do it anyways

because itll be CUTE

promise ill apply
>>
>RoW Game in two hours
>Feverishly rereading every detail of the first book of RoW
>Making sure I'm prepped and ready

Oh goodness this is going to be fun.
>>
>>52606878
Because "related to elves" requires actual mechanical changes; specifically, being an elf or a half-elf (or a drow I guess).
"Is bullied" can be put into the backstory without any worries.
>>
>>52606549
Uhm, yes? Why wouldn't you? Maybe not "absolutely" but it's better to be strong than weak.
>>
>>52606888
I wish you the best.
>>
>>52606899

smhtbhfam
>>
>>52606874
>and he turned out to be problematic
Does that have anything to do with reactionary as a trait? That's like saying "one guy at my table liked pepsie, turned out he was a fag so I'm banning pepsi at the table".
>>
>>52606885
I'll apply too! I want to be a cute Nirmathi ranger girl that's secretly in love with a Molthuni officer!
>>
>>52606864
Usually, I play with my actual friends, and we just discuss the matter like civilized adults.

I occasionally stick my toes in random groups to see if there's anyone worth stealing, but it almost always involves inhuman patience from my side not to just tell them all to fuck off and die in a fire. It's a hard knock life for a role player, especially in a post-Tumblr world.
>>
>>52606874

Personally this is why I hate traits. I would only allow them to let people take extra class skills.
>>
>>52606939
I'd like to be your actual friend.
>>
>>52606904
Thanks, anon! It's gonna be fun, I know- RoW strikes me as a campaign that you can play either dead serious or as a comedy- you can't take an AP in which one of your end goals is to /kill Rasputin/ seriously
>>
>>52606918
Absolutely. I saw a clear red flag that I acknowledged at the time and I actively chose to ignore it, and everything I worried about it came true.

Caring less about flavor is just an aspect of caring less about roleplaying, and I should hope we're all playing Pathfinder to roleplay. It's not as if I'm blanket banning reactionary or nodachis, but I would trust a Brutal Slayer more than I'd trust someone with reactionary and nodachi but no detail around them, because in the former case I know he's playing a build even if it might destroy the game but it's still potentially going to add to his character, but in the latter case I have evidence right there that this guy isn't here to roleplay a powerful character, he's here to play a powerful character.
>>
>>52606874
If nobody takes Reactionary, that's fine by me, but if you're seriously telling me that you think people should be more powerful because their backstory aligns with the abilities that happen to be the most powerful and synergistic, you can suck an ISIS-member's goat-covered dick.
>>
>>52606988

Whole problem is giving background mechanical benefits.
>>
>>52606792
Okay anon,

I understand this may be hard for you to understand, because your mind has been rotted away by shitty anime and waifu posting, but Imma try and explain something.

Characters, like real life people, have flaws. It's okay to not completely like or agree with everything a character says or does. It's okay for them to be unpleasant at times. It's okay for a female character to not be a generic submissive moeblob.

Noel's flaws fit in well with her concept, and with the general themes of the AP.
>>
>>52606967
I'd like to be more than actual friends
>>
>>52606967
If this is sarcasm, I admit your point went way over my head.
>>
>>52606981
So in that situation, if the character's backstory did involved bullying as a child, and offered a weak but passable excuse for why they have a nodachi in a setting where nodachi's aren't common, you'd accept them?
>>
>>52607023
I'm honestly curious since I'm Noel's player, but what exactly makes you think that her flaws work within the AP? If she were in a different AP or game, would she have gotten nearly as much positive reviewal?
>>
>>52607032
It's not. I just want to play with people who aren't meme spouting retards. Where entire sessions don't devolve into baneposting or whatever drivel is secreting from /tv/ this week.
>>
>>52607034
>mixed race punk from Amanandar

Done
>>
>>52607016
I wish I could protest, because I really love the idea of background choices that come with mechanical benefits, but you're right.
>>
>>52606817
Well, looking at the fat that can be cut, Weapon Finesse/Starry Grace/Guided Star can probably be dropped for something else entirely since the bonuses don't stack that well with things you'd do as an Initiator (and with ranged attacks in general). A dip into MoMS picks up Startoss Style (the first feat) as a bonus feat, or Far Strike Monk to pick up both Point-Blank Shot and Quick Draw as bonus feats. So that leaves 5 feats to be taken, with Divine Fighting Technique as your level 1.
>>
>>52607034
Yes. I don't care how powerful a character is outside of extreme exploits, every DM should be adjusting his campaign mechanically and narratively for his party. I need assurance that you're going to roleplay, I want to have characterization to work off of, I need to know you're not a power gamer.

A character can be built mechanics first and still be extremely compelling, I'm actually more impressed if a player can cobble together a functioning characterization out of a strange build than if they wrote a backstory and then grabbed the options to function.

My problem with nodachi and reactionary each is that in almost all cases, it's strictly an optimization decision. Again, the best characters mix flavor and mechanics, in my mind the perfect theoretical character is someone who is optimized but somehow roleplays every part of their build from ability score to skill selection to traits as part of them and still makes it work.
>>
File: mfw ludonarrative harmony.jpg (23KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
mfw ludonarrative harmony.jpg
23KB, 300x290px
>>52607091
L U D O N A R R A T I V E H A R M O N Y
>>
>>52607091

As someone who has attempted to roleplay mechanically weak characters in the past, it's been difficult not to optimize or else face the wrath of mandatory dice invoked encounters.
>>
>>52607127
Hence the argument for why /pfg/ likes gestalt, they can make mechanically weak characters stronk
>>
>>52607091
Too hard campaign is bigger sin than too easy anyway
>>
New thread

>>52607167
>>52607167
>>52607167
>>52607167
>>52607167
>>
>>52607050
>but what exactly makes you think that her flaws work within the AP?

Because HR (as told by Voip) is the story of snarky, bitchy, pretentious, out-of-touch, insufferable 20-something artists trying to take down the government. Noel fits that role to a T, without tipping over into being an outright parody or (at least from my reading of the character) unpleasant to play with.

> If she were in a different AP or game, would she have gotten nearly as much positive reviewal?

Correct.
Her motivation, personality, and backstory (as written) don't fit anywhere else. It'd either come off as massively out of place, or just annoying.
>>
>>52607069
>Initiator
>hard focus on throwing weapons

Honestly, I'm tempted to just trim myself all the way back down to JUST fighting in melee with the damn thing, at this point. Stick to just Divine Fighting Technique and ignore the rest. I already know Thrown was a shit fighting style, but I was hoping that MAYBE it could be an okay backup plan. Unfortunately I forgot what system I was in.
TBQH though, Anyone with Weapon Focus (Starknife) and Divine Fighting Style (Desna) should be allowed to treat DFT as Starry Grace and use Cha in place of Dex for feat prereqs, but all feats you get this way only work with Starknives. Or, at the very least, there should be Starknife feat that has that effect.
>>
>>52607104
>>52606819
What's Ludonarrative?

Explain it to me like my int and wis are both 6.
>>
>>52607186
Its generally a video games term, a Ludonarrative is the intersection of game mechanics with story.

The ludic aspects being the gameplay, and the narrative elements being the story

The best apps have mechanics that tie in directly with their character's story, and the worst have ones that actively are dissonant with that.
>>
>>52607127
I do understand that problem, Pathfinder is deceptively narrow in how many viable options there really are. But this is why I gave ground to shit like Brutal Slayers and Dragon Style in my previous examples. I'm not capable of playing the perfect theoretical character, I make the sacrifice of taking power attack when I want to take a more interesting feat.

But things don't have to go to extremes. Power level plays a minimum role in my dislike of nodachi and reactionary, my problem with them is solely that they're red flags for people trying to squeeze out tiny advantages.

A 0.5 DPA or an initiative boost that makes less than the 10% difference it advertises in practice doesn't bother me, it's the concern that a player is here to win, not to play.

And now I must end my sperg because company is coming over.
>>
>>52607200
That is fascinating.

Filename, please. Please read the filename.
>>
>>52607186
How game mechanics interact with the story.

If during gameplay your character can take 50 bullets to the head and keep walking, but in a cutscene is being held hostage by a dude with a handgun, that disconnect between the game and the story is Ludonarrative Dissonance.

Conversely, when the mechanics and story are in sync, that's Ludonarrative Harmony.

It's a 10 dollar word invented by assholes like me to sound smarter.
>>
Quick question, When building with a 20 point buy system, is it better to go to 13 points in one moderately useful stat or 12 into one moderately useful and one borderline worthless stat?
>>
>>52607214
Basically whenever the game's mechanics and narrative tie together, thats ludonarrative harmony.
>>
>>52607216
>If during gameplay your character can take 50 bullets to the head and keep walking,
This is one reason I liked Hitman Agent 47. Headshots were just as fatal to you as they are to enemies.
>>
>>52607216
An example of a game with excellent ludonarrative harmony is Dark Souls actually.
>>
>>52607051
Hm, I guess. I've got a campaign coming up, but I'm somewhat hesitant to recruit from 4chan.
>>
>>52607214
Ludonarrative dissonance is when the game tries to be high art and ask philosophical questions, possibly with anti-murder, pacifistic message but is still about shooting nameless dudes dead. Like Bioshock: Infinite.
>>
>>52607091
So what's wrong with changing the flavor the fit the mechanics.

Surely that's a better sign than just picking mechanics and not caring how they fit.
>>
>>52607240
Undertale also does ludnarrative harmony and it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable if it didn't.
>>
>>52607273
>tfw I still haven't played that.
People keep talking about it.
>>
>>52607273
>>52607255
>>52607240
>>52607238

I want >>>/v/ to leave.
>>
>>52607255
bloody hell Bioshock Infinite still triggers the fuck out of me thinking back. It was fun to play, but the plot and character interactions clicked about as well as a set of gears made from whipped cream.
>>
>>52607277
It's pretty amazing. Definitely worth the 4-ish hours.
>>
>>52607273
It appears to be that way but then you realize most of the game fucking breaks when you realize the kid could just say "Hey, I know you guys shoot at each other to say "Hi" but that shit kills me please stop" the moment you read that book in the snow area.
>>
>>52606855

You should PM Casimir, Corwin and Quinn!
>>
>>52607277
overrated and overmemed, but rpetty good on its own
>>
>>52607281
Thread is autosaging anyway.

>>52607301
It's just their nature. That sentient volcano can't just stop being fiery, and that tsundere plane will also be tsundere. You can imagine the fights as MC trying to interact with them in a way that don't get him killed and placate the monsters.
>>
>>52607332
Isn't Quinn's player the qt with the cute pajamas?
>>
>>52607364
Yes, the one that also got involved in gnonconsensual gnoll gnonsense
>>
>>52607214
Say you're making a character that served in the town guard and is known for his accuracy with a bow. Are you gonna make a fighter with a longbow or a fighter with a katana in order to fit that idea?
>>
>>52607364
Now we know why they got raped by a gnoll so easily.
>>
>>52607381
You should have said nodachi. It would have fit better than katana.
>>
>>52607388
>>52607372
T E X A S
E
X
A
S
>>
>>52607404
What did he mean by this
>>
>>52607410
He wants the D. The gnoll D.
>>
>>52607465
I only want the Gnot if it is consensually given, the gnoll is a clean, well-groomed individual, and they are of age, and we have both agreed to this before. Additionally, the position must be the missionary one, the purpose of the sexual encounter must be a culmination of a romantic relationship after one or more years of courting, and contraceptive must be used by both parties
>>
>>52607514
Your thoughts and opinions don't matter here.

You're just breeding stock. A pump and dump session at best.
>>
>>52607539
Dammit Anon, that's my kink
>>
Can anybody recommend a good Discord dicebot?
>>
>>52607583
Sidekick is the Discord dice king
https://github.com/ArtemGr/Sidekick
>>
>>52607583
My discord groups use one called "Sidekick". Can do shit like '/r 5d6>=6' to roll dice and add up successes, which is handy especially for big rolls in 40k.

Can find it pretty quick with google.
>>
>>52607364

Quinn is a sweetheart!
>>
>>52607743
I wish there were more sweethearts like her!
>>
>>52607743
Confirmed, I PM with her regularly, she's adorable and if you're not already her friend, you should try it.
>>
>>52600320
Is there a prestige class they didn't fuck up or slightly improve but still fuck up?

Anyway I thought duelist was surprisingly solid, not amazing but solid. Used a Kirin Style Lorewarden with that. Really wish one could be a gunslinger duelist but the Swashbuckler archetypes are probably better.

Eldritch Knight is also okay, I like it more than the Magus.

Horizon Walker's only worthwhile feature was nerfed, won't play it unless GM uses 3.5 version of free dimension door every 1d4 rounds. Still stacks nicely with Ranger.

Have yet to ever really play the other ones.
>>
>>52605693
Circle-jerking and blatant denial of it like >>52605712
>>
>>52605747
>expect to go against decent writers

Have yet to see one that isn't just >>52605742
>>
>>52600832
How will witch hunter anon reconcile this?
Thread posts: 492
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.