[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 394
Thread images: 36

File: dmg.jpg (28KB, 260x340px) Image search: [Google]
dmg.jpg
28KB, 260x340px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-Starter-Spells.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: A Trio of Subclasses
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Provisional /5eg/ Mega Trove
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
>>52595648 (OP)

The trove is dead, long live the trove!

Anime should be illegal
>>
File: 1466647863129.gif (337KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1466647863129.gif
337KB, 500x367px
New to DnD 5E

Do i need to dig through six different books digging around for feats to make a proper blaster mage like in pathfinder?
>>
>>52599527
5e isn't big on feats. They're technically optional, even. Also an easy way to do that would be to just be a Wizard and at level 2 choose Evocation School.

There's other ways, but concepts can be that fucking simple to pull off in 5e.
>>
>>52599527
No. Thankfully. I usually only need the player's handbook, and an unearthed arcana if I want to use anything from one.
>>
File: IMG_7008.jpg (1MB, 2892x2061px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7008.jpg
1MB, 2892x2061px
Which campaign should we play?
>already did CoS and LMoP
>>
>>52599558
Tomb of Horrors.
>>
>>52599558

Hoard of the Dragon Queen
>>
I've never been a fan of Males playing Female characters because I'm autistic as shit and it weird me out. There's one character concept I'd like to play that would require me to be a Female or a young Boy and I was thinking of mixing it up.

Anyone have any ideas for managing to play a Female without being awkward?
>>
>>52599585
Only talk in a falsetto
>>
>>52599585
Don't talk about being female.
>>
>>52599585
I want to say be yourself with boobs. But... I don't know if even that would be right.
>>
>>52599585
I've been roleplaying for almost 10 years and I still don't understand how people have problems with this. Just... play a female character. You're already playing pretend, what's one more step away from reality?
>>
Anyone know a quick, reliable way to make a loaded dice?

Long story short, for an artifact encounter, I want to make my party use a d20 weighted for crit fails to go with a "fate wants to fuck you in the ass" vibe.
>>
> http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/12/18/but-the-surprise-is-not-supposed-to-be-an-extra-round/

Don't forget that surprise round doesn't exist in 5e.
>>
>>52599585

Make a fat female. She ate too many sweets and gained a lot of weight. She adventures to lose it and get money too.
>>
>>52599566
Yup. This.
>>
>>52599602
> crit fail rule
You are already a shitty red flag DM. Just tell them directly that they roll become 1 by the power of something.
>>
>>52599585
Just play it like male character. The only difference is it said "female" on your character sheet.
>>
>>52599590
I'm not feeling like I could pull that off.

>>52599596
>>52599623
Kinda hard because my group's very heavy on RP and the character would be a Mother.

>>52599601
Once again. It's just something weird with me. The idea of playing a character so different in that way is just so unatural. Which doesn't really make sense because I play Lizardfolk a lot.

>>52599607
...Well she was going to be a little on the fat side. Not in a fetishy way (I'm not even into Females) but she was going to be a Barbarian.
>>
What would be needed to make a unarmed character who was more of a rough-and-tumble, dirty street fighter deal rather than a flashy martial artist? Tavern Brawler looks somewhat lackluster so I'm guessing you need to multiclass monk/something
>>
>>52599615
Red flag for switching things up? It's going to be obvious the dice is loaded, if not when I say "you gotta roll with this dice." then after the first couple rolls.

It's a one off, the gimmick of the dice is just that, a gimmick.
>>
>>52599585
remove "roastie" from your vocabulary
>>
>>52599628
Reflavored Monk is the only really good option for Unarmed. It does't even multiclass well. Though refluffing a Maul or Mace into a gauntlet does work for Fighters and Barbarians.
>>
>>52599631
Are you sure your group won't get assmad about it?
>>
>>52599631
Then it's a fucking stupid gimmick. Just use poor roll results and stop being a retard.
>>
>>52599640
They're essentially zerging the artifact with a bunch of replaceable characters in an all out war.

>>52599645
Nah, I like it and the players I've talked to seem into it. So fuck off.
>>
>>52599639
Do Monk and just say you joined for the combat aspect and don't really respect any of the teachings. Instead of a roundhouse you kick them in the balls. Instead of a fancy spinning move you just smack them upside the head with the staff. Be creative, anon. Way of the Open Hand and instead call it "Way of the Fuck You".
>>
Can monk be redeemed at all by multiclassing?
>>
>>52599669
Monk's perfectly fine as is. It's on the weaker side but the only complaints I hear are "It requires two ability scores" and "It doesn't do as much damage as a GWM".
>>
>>52599652
>So fuck off.

No you, go learn to make cheat dice somewhere else faggot.
>>
>>52599669
Monk really doesn't like multiclassing
>>
>>52599631
Red flag for using crit rules.

No one in their right mind would use the rule that make a multiversal level master of weapons to have 81.5% chance every 6 second to hurt himself.
>>
>>52599639
>>52599658
Hmm, I see. Guess if I ever get to use the concept I'll have to do a heavily refluffed monk
>>
>>52599692
I'm replying to you simply because I think you're trying to get the last word in, and it seems like something that would annoy you.

Also just because you're a faggot, doesn't mean someone else won't answer eventually. Currently trying to melt some cheap dice but we'll see how that turns out.

>>52599699
I'm only using them for the one off, requires a 1 and 2 confirmations for a roll on the crit fail table. Though that's pretty likely, we're essentially working with an army of cannon fodder. It's kind of like that story of the level 0 villagers using magic wands with randomly rolled properties if you've ever seen that.
>>
>>52599699
Crit fail rule.

But yeah. Only idioit DM who is bad at math and want to win at D&D use crit fail rule.
>>
>>52599719
Only fucking autists assume that every crit fail has to be stabbing yourself in the chest.
>>
>>52599585
what's the big deal? It's not like you're going to the table in a dress and make up.
>>
File: 1378706290588.jpg (11KB, 258x314px) Image search: [Google]
1378706290588.jpg
11KB, 258x314px
>>52599732
>he doesn't LARP his characters at the table
Fucking casual
>>
>>52599732
What? Don't you want to feel pretty?
>>
>>52599732
Honestly wearing a dress and makeup isn't that bad, actually acting like a Female for a long period of time in game seems hard though.
>>
>>52599726
Also have fun destroying your friend trust.

They might think it is funny and laugh it off at that night. But will be etched into their subconciousness that you are not trustworthy.
>>
>>52599765
show me on the doll where your DM touched you.

jk i agree
>>
>>52599566
^This^
>>
>>52599765
My group has always used crit fails, for over a decade now. Everyone knows about them, everyone expects them. I don't fucking spring them on people out of nowhere.

Crit fail means something bad happens, not that you fumble and stab yourself. It can be breaking your weapon, dropping your weapon, stumbling on something, knocking a friend off balance, breaking something you didn't want to break, DRAWING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF.

It's literally up to the DM how bad and in what way the crit fail happens. If you had a bad experience with crit fails then you had a bad DM, it's 100% in the DM's hands.
>>
>>52599740
Well I do, but it's the other guy that doesn't.

When I was a kid I used to get super embarrassed about playing female video game characters like myself. Now I have a decent sized closet of women's clothing that I've worn in public, so playing a female character in a game of make believe for adults doesn't phase me.

This really isn't the same thing but that guy should just take the plunge. A lot of stuff people only think is weird when they're not used to it yet.
>>
>>52599765
That's not me, but I really don't think you're getting this.

"Okay Anon, X artifact is going to be affecting the fate of everyone in range."
"Alright"
"So roll with this dice instead of yours, this is surely in no way suspicious."
I'm not sure if the players you play with are retarded or what, but you mention fate, special dice, and a constant string of 1's. I think they can put two and two together.

And you're acting as if I'm making it unwinnable. Of which I can assure you, it is absolutely doable.
>>
File: boii.png (10KB, 318x203px) Image search: [Google]
boii.png
10KB, 318x203px
>>52599790
boi
>>
File: Map.jpg (912KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
912KB, 1024x768px
OH SHIT I DON'T HAVE AN ACT 3

I NEED IDEAS.
BASIC SHIT SO FAR

so in the first big quest(ACT 1) the party fetched an artifact, they don't know what it does.
>it's the key and instructions to an ancient magical construct/golem manufactory

as part of their payment they were given a large parcel of coastal land a fair distance away.
>into which a significant percentage of their loot will be invested
>this and the adventures around here will be ACT 2

they've pissed off a meticulous necromancer
>by stealing part of her late and lamented masters personal treasure
>also by actively just pissing her off(monologueing the evils of ALL magic, bacon theft, and invasion of personal space/attempted theft of trade secrets/ignoring common courtesy guest-right)

they have also irritated a bandit queen, and made friends with the imperial guild of alchemists.

I have a non-evil party consisting of a cannibal warrior-gnome, a death-cultist druid, and a freed elf slave archer.
I need ideas...
>>
>>52599790
Original guy here. I have no idea how you're brave enough to do that in public, but I'm jealous. I guess I'll just go to the table with the character and see how it goes.
>>
>>52599812
imagine being a dm dude. i have to pretend to be kids and gay dudes and girls all the time or my players get mad.

okay i'm not pretending too hard with the gay thing but i don't wear dresses like that other anon
>>
>DMing for the first time in 8 hours
>have nothing planned
>don't know anything about the group's characters
>group has run through all modules already and expects something new

WHAT DO I DO /5EG/? I need a quick, easy oneshot with no prep required.
>>
>>52599808
Bandit Queen starts to fuck with imports/exports of their coastal village/castle/whatever it is.
When the party goes to investigate, no bandits are found. They aren't attacked. When they get home, everything seems fine. But if they investigate further they'll realize that their entire staff has been killed/raised as undead. If they do not notice, the undead allow the bandits into their home and fights ensue.
>>
Magic item idea:
A jacket where every time you reach into the pocket, you will find 1cp without fail. It's a real coin and doesn't disappear. The first time the player gets it, he'll make the character continually pull coins out all day. Give him some precise number like
>After working for the rest of the day, you have accumulated 672 copper pieces from the jacket
When the player finishes his next long rest, he sees a huge funeral procession going through town. He asks a passerby what happened.
>Oh there was a terrible fire last night, started at the hospital and made its way through the orphanage and to the residential district. Lots of deaths, 672 in fact.
Hopefully he gets the point

Assuming the character has a conscious and won't kill someone for 1cp, how could this be exploited? Any other ideas for uses?
>>
>>52599845
use you are brain
>>
>>52599812
Because I'm a weirdo that's been fascinated by the differences and similarities between men and women for a long time. People say we're so different, and we are, but ultimately we're still the same species and men and women are more similar than they are different, so you really should be worried more about playing a well realized character than playing one gender or another, which you can do if you know how to RP worth half a damn.

Now that I think about it my hobbies are just another form of roleplaying.
>>
>>52599845
Party's at a festival. Some asshole wizard fireballs it, PCs are the only ones with enough hp to survive.
>>
Hey I'd like a consensus on something in case it comes up in a game-
If you know the whereabouts of a target but are unable to see them (Darkness sphere, around a corner, over a wall, all within range) should Magic Missile still hit?
Now I know what it says in the book, but I'll be taking the DM role soon in my group and there's a guy who absolutely loves the dickens out of Magic Missile but I disagree personally with his boundaries of how it works, and wasn't in the position to correct him or feel like I should weigh in. So if someone would be kind enough to reply to this with the basic reasoning for why it should/shouldn't work, please do so.
>>
>>52599857
>Walk into enemy base. Spend all day pulling coins out of your pocket.
>Start putting coins in your pocket. Raise undead army.
>Hang jacket upside down with mechanical shaking mechanism. Commit worse genocide in history.
>>
>>52599808
>bacon theft

Googled this expecting something interesting, but nope.

>non-evil
>cannibal
>death cultist
>>
>>52599879
From my understanding, magic missile is guided by one magic source to another. So yes?
>>
>>52599872
That's a good way of thinking of it while I give it a go.

Also a good thing to keep in mind when I'm finally brave enough to go buy some pretty clothes :(
>>
>>52599879
The spell description requires sight.
>>
>>52599845

If they're normies who have never played it just rip the plot from some D&D Vidya like Neverwinter Nights.

Or just have them do some murderhoboing with a vague mysteries and a meaty hook at the end that will lead into your presumably more thought out campaign, then while writing said campaign, find ways to integrate and expand upon said vague mysteries.
>>
>>52599848
it's a good encounter...and it's going into the ACT 2 folder

I mean I need ideas for BIG things, like a reason for them to go abroad to adventure perhaps the goat-men invade from the west, but that's a long way for them to go before they get GOATS EVERYWHERE

>>52599882
the way they RP it neither is evil, both are justifiably good.
the cannibal actually succeeded in using some of her rations as medicine.

>bacon theft
this was actually the archers doing
>>
>>52599914
What's the artifact they got do?
Do any of them worship gods?
>>
>First encounter made up entirely out of custom-made monsters was a success
That's a relief. Shame it was so easy
>>
>>52599669
Monk is great. Anything that curb stomps Tiamat without UA cheese is good in my book.
>>
>>52599941
Like most editions. The Monk starts solid, gets worse and then becomes a fucking monster at the end.

Running up walls, 20 Ki per shortrest, king of Saving Throws and killing anything on a failed save are all glorious.
>>
>>52599889
A real man doesn't let anything stop him from being pretty.

Does anyone know if a bard can whistle for their spells?
>>
>>52599927
>What's the artifact they got do?
it's the final piece of a lost war-construct manufactory. originally discovered by the duke that bequeathed them the land.

his intention is to use it to gain power and standing in the imperial court, seeing as he has access to a great deal of resource mines.

>Do any of them worship gods?
the player for the cannibal is like, UBER-christian
to avoid any satanic-panic BS at the table I've been working to avoid gods.

the death-cultist was a village shaman whose job was to facilitate the consumption of said village by a certain ancient beast. he's left behind but still venerates all natural deaths and values helping others.

the cannibal literally believes that if they don't eat people-meat(not explicitly human mind you) regularly that they will wither and die(with a homebrewed mechanic where she looses STR, CON, or DEX randomly at intervals untill she consumes again)
>>
>>52599963
I sure hope so because I want to play a Bard as an Oratory Bard who tells stories and recites passages from great epics to cast his spells.
>>
>>52599963
I can't see any DM stopping it. I played a tap dancing Bard once which was fun.

Also thanks for the confidence boost prettyanon
>>
>>52599669
2 level dip into fighter max for max stun lock potential
>>
>>52599977
That actually sounds better than say a wind instrument because then you're actually saying words.

>>52599988
And that was gonna be my next question: do general entertainment routines work for a magic focus? Can I juggle magic into existence?

also np.
>>
>>52599955

The 5e monk has the best capstones around, really.
>>
2/3 of my party can't do anything when fighting dragons because it just flies around breathing fire on them. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
>>
what happened to 5e tools?
>>
>>52600097
Taking cover, fighting it in places it can't fly, having your spellcasters ground it somehow, seducing it, sneaking past it...

You can't just butt your head against that kind of thing.
>>
So how does /5eg/ feel about warlocks?
>>
>>52599845
Find out what the characters are. You should know anyway. Think of something based on that.
>>
>>52600097
First off what does the party consist of?

Also I'd let them figure it out, either start trying to lure it into more advantageous positions or just sit there with your thumb up you ass.
>>
Currently DM'ing a game and have run into a bit of a wall. Would like some advice, so anyone got some time to kill and discuss possibilities with me? Would like to discuss in some private chat since one of my players frequents this thread
>>
>>52600114
Roll20 had a fit that megaanon put their tokens up for free. So they threatened him with legal action and he had to take stuff down. A couple people last thread said they had it still so it will pop up here and there.
>>
>>52600145
I've already been lured into 2 DM's houses, it ain't happening again.
>>
>>52600128
Well outsmarting it isn't an option because the DM says dragons don't get to be thousands of years old getting baited into a cave. Negotiating isn't possible because the only dragons we need to fight are crazy dragon cultists.

>>52600140
rogue, beastmaster ranger, psion
>DM says dragons don't get to be thousands of years old getting baited into caves.
>>
>>52600131
Neat idea but very DM dependant, mostly for how many encounters per day vs. how many short rests are done.

Also some DMs don't do anything with the PC's patron which sucks.
>>
>>52600162
PHB or revised ranger?

The rogue should have some ranged capabilities, and the psion has powers with range. The ranger may or may not be decent with a bow. Animal companion is most likely useless, but that's how it goes.

The best approach is probably stealth. A head-on confrontation will not work unless you're all good shots.
>>
>>52599628
go tavern brawler barbarian and dip into rogue for that athletics mastery

shove your way to supremacy
>>
>>52600190
Revised STR Beastmaster ranger: makes 1 Xbow attack per turn
Rogue: makes 1 Xbow attack without sneak attack
Psion: does decent damage

Sneaking up on the dragon never worked.
>>
Hey smar/tg/uys, I'm in a bit of a bind for a campaign I'm in. Playing as a Cleric of Pelor and one of my fellow players is infected with the Madness of Zugtmoy and is slowly dying and will turn into mushroom man upon death. And DM is being a bit of dick about things. I would use Greater Restoration, but I am sadly a lowly level 7 Cleric.

DM says they'll give next session a chance to RP saving them. But no one has the ability to do so. And they've already shot down my idea of using Revivify to bring the person back. According to DM Death Ward wouldn't work either.

Party: (All level 7)
Paladin of Bahamut (Lizard Folk)
Fighter (Halfling, the one who needs saving)
Druid (Elf)
Sorcerer (Tielfling)
Cleric of Pelor (Human)

Any suggestions /tg/?
>>
>>52600228
hire a higher level cleric to cure him
>>
>>52600228
>>52600236

Ah, should have pointed out we're doing Out of the Abyss. So stuck in the Underdark and not really sure where the next city is right now. My fault.
>>
>>52600155
Megaanon here. I want to set the record straight: there was no legal action threatened by either Roll20 or WotC against me.

Roll20 managed to connect my file sharing with my Roll20 account, and banned me for it--and rightfully so. Removing myself from filesharing is a move to both attempt to get my account back and, moreover, to avoid anything like this happening to me again.

Playing the game with my players easily is more important to me than maintaining the trove and 5etools. There's no point in taking part in the hobby if playing is a struggle.
>>
>>52600228
Sometimes DMs just want PCs to die. I would just put your friend out of their misery and seek revenge.
>>
Anyone got any interesting ideas or campaigns that do justice to a sprawling city setting?

Either combat events or quest ideas, unique quirks or weapons for the city guard / gangs?
>>
>>52600228
>>52600274
why cant he just play as a mushroom man
>>
>>52600313
DM says once they die, they lose control and become aggressive and attack the party.

>>52600236
Thanks for the suggestion.

>>52600274
That is the general feeling I get from the DM in every session. Of course I could just be tired.
>>
>>52600264
You outta try out Tabletop Simulator, man.
>>
>>52600264
>Playing the game with my players easily is more important to me than maintaining the trove and 5etools

Could it be? Is Megaanon not the magnanimous hero we thought him to be?

It is only fitting, I suppose. All heroes fall eventually. We can only hope that, in the dark times to come, we can draw strength from memories of the great Megaanon and his wondrous feats.
>>
>>52600341

If your Fighter seriously can't bargain with a dark god of the Abyss / Drow Mage of the Underdark to stay the poison in exchange for slowly growing into a sentient Level 7 Fighter (Mushroom/Halfling) then your DM is a big fucking railroading cuck.
>>
>>52600363
faggot
>>
File: spurdo.png (117KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.png
117KB, 1024x749px
>>52600264
>a move to both attempt to get my account back

kek
>>
File: med_1440436947_image.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
med_1440436947_image.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>Open big metal door.
>Baby Red dragon on the other side
>I draw my weapon immediately and it breaths fire on the party
>I charge it and hit it with my great sword
>Two other party members want to try and tame it.
>I continue soloing it till I run out of HP doing at least 45 dmg to it while they just watch
>It runs away
>Neither of them try to stabilize me or aid me and I have to make death saving throws myself just because I "screwed" them out of their pet dragon that would eventually devour them

I was really debating killing them when I got back up
>>
>>52600300
For gangs atleast could build each around a particular fighting style. Refluff monks to be straight up boxers, have gangs that play to silly a cliché.

As for quests they can get involved in local politics, or help guards clear out certain gangs maybe get involved in being a partner for businesses. They do the leg work and negotiating while someone runs the store.
>>
File: 1490986360785.jpg (15KB, 560x448px) Image search: [Google]
1490986360785.jpg
15KB, 560x448px
>>52600417
>Yfw they really need help and you just stand back and watch
>>
>>52600300
local politics
conspiracy
terrorism
murders
secret cannibalism
corruption that goes all the way up
>>
>>52600131
Lets just say that the majority of people complaining about their own PC + the majority of people complaining about a party member, invariably are complaining about warlocks.
>>
>>52600417
Sounds like a clever party, the thing would become too intelligent ti be their "pet" within a pretty short period of time
>>
>>52600483
We got jumped by a black ooze after that and me and one of the others were engulfed.

I got out and was really thinking of pushing him back into the ooze.

I ended up just 3 shotting it.

Then they tried to edge me out on loot so I threatened to roll initiative again.
>>
>>52600300
magic weed ring
cursed items on the black(or white i guess) market
>>
How would you run a space horror game in 5e?
>>
>>52600300
A bee gun that shooting a single bee on a string out.
>>
>>52600506
I wouldn't.
>>
>>52600417
>>52600500
don't be such a pussy

just impale one on your blade so they know you mean business and won't hesitate to turn the next motherfucker who crosses you into ground meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pbfT5pupc
>>
>>52600517
Even better is best a motherfucker with another motherfucker
>>
>>52600523
Beat*
>>
>>52600517
Next time they leave me out to dry I will dismember one of them.

We just started so I wanna take it easy at first.

At least until I get imp athletics and can overpower them in grapple and opposed strength checks.
>>
File: 1435998056146.gif (1MB, 290x352px) Image search: [Google]
1435998056146.gif
1MB, 290x352px
>NO 5E TOOLS
>>
File: fungal zombie3.jpg (23KB, 326x408px) Image search: [Google]
fungal zombie3.jpg
23KB, 326x408px
>>52600313
Nothing wrong with playing as a mushroom man, but you'd need some sort of explanation why it wouldn't just attack (perhaps a warlock of Zuggtmoy is in party?), it would be mechanically limited and roleplaying would be limited.
>>
>>52600534
just remember the basics of conflict escalation

if you give an ultimatum and don't follow through, in the future they won't take you seriously

>>52600537
https://astranauta.github.io/
>>
>>52600537
holy fuck i didnt even notice it was down

son of a bitch
>>
>>52600550
No I threatened them the first time and they rolled over.
>>
>>52600417
>>52600499
This shit is exactly why I never use wyrmlings as antagonists. I'd just use them as window dressing that at most runs away when they see the PCs.
>>
File: 1043-13379-9748.jpg (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1043-13379-9748.jpg
24KB, 320x240px
>>52599585
Announce your character is a woman,

and then never bring it up again, in-character or out.
>>
>>52600506
D&D is almost already space horror. Dungeons are (campy) sci fi.
>>
>>52600543

Why does he have to be mindless? Could your combined RP / Spells not save enough to turn him into slowly decaying a la Davy Jones crew in 2nd Pirates of the Carribean rather than being frenzied?

He gets however many days / months the adventure / character arc requires, roleplaying his slowly disappearing humanity / mental capacity with the DM out of character and ways that affects crunch ect.
>>
>>52600579
They are fairly new players.

They said I was meta gaming because my character knew the baby red dragon was evil.
>>
>>52600550
Just cut out the god damn tokens, they are a waste of space.
>>
>>52600537
That's why it kept on being taken down in the first place.
>>
>>52600593
It's a common knowledge from folklore even in universe. Just like how every ancient greek know the answer to sphinx riddle.
>>
>>52600506
Bows are guns
Magic is psychic
Dungeons are abandoned spaceships
Monsters are monsters
>>
>>52600587
>Why does he have to be mindless?

Because the Zuggtmoy madness is already the portion of the infestation that has the fungus infiltrating the host's brain; when the person dies and becomes a spore servant, it bursts through his skull and his brains are pretty much gone.

I would allow it if, perhaps, before he died, he prayed to Zuggtmoy and said that she can have his everlasting soul in exchange for keeping his mind awhile longer.
>>
>>52600701
you could also rescue his soul from hell and transfer it to their DMT-filled new mushroom buddy
>>
Anyone of you made some homebrew DnD 5e? my group is used to it and I want to try making a neo-tokyo setting with it

it should work right? I am afraid of my players getting lost in what they can/can't do since they rely on the player handbook so much when creating their characters or advancing in levels
>>
>>52600537
thanks Wi$ards of the Cost
>>
File: 1335144847761.gif (17KB, 211x199px) Image search: [Google]
1335144847761.gif
17KB, 211x199px
Well I'm ditching roll20 and returning all my 5e books and physical copies of the book are banned at my table. From now on, if I play 5e it's with pirated material only.

Good job wi$ards.
>>
>>52600723
Roll20 actually.
>>
>>52600737
>wizards

wasn't even them, you bitch baby
>>
File: 1446305423554.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446305423554.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>52600723
>>52600737
lol
>>
>Sneak on two four armed pincer demons
>Hear them talking about their master being dead(we did it) and asking for payment to protect the two people inside
> Ah hell no
>Burst in
> "No, what are you two going to pay me to protect you from me?"
> demons smirk at us" You are not worth it"
> Wrong answer
> Wizard Force Walls one of them
> Warlock Eldritch Blast the shit out of the second
> My turn
> Crit. 4th level smite. 81 damage. Second strike for another 3rd level smite.
>Force Wall Demon contemplate his position
> Cut his own head off
Why are crit smites so fucking good ?
>>
Is pure evocation wizard playable? I have come to term that none of my campaign will ever go higher than level 7...
>>
>>52600765
it's called fucking "smite" why would it not be boss

>>52600770
play what you want
>>
>>52600770
Playable? Yes, you're still a wizard.

Optimal? No.
>>
>>52600770
It's a shame you'll miss out on the +INT to damage. Evocation Wizard with that has frighteningly high Magic Missile damage with no attack roll. It's no Nuclear Druid but that's going to be changed before it goes to print anyway.
>>
>>52600537
>>52600723
>>52600750
>>52600752
Okay /5eg/, you need to keep this straight.

ROLL20 FUCKED MEGAANON.

NOT WIZARDS OF THE COAST.
>>
>>52600802
who. fuckin. cares.
>>
>>52600721
Yeah it's pretty easy to homebrew things for 5e. Keep in mind that you can go a long way by reskinning existing classes.
>>
I just realised there's no Races printed yet with boosts to physical stats and magic resistances. There's only Gnomes and Yuan-ti. Though I guess Duergar do have a fuckload of resistances.

I was hoping for something with anti-magic abilities that would make a decent Barbarian. Are there any races from older editions with that kinda skill set?
>>
>>52600817
Megaanon. And much of /5eg/.

Just because your fine being buttfucked by corps who don't understand that INFORMATION WANTS TO FREE doesn't mean the rest of us are.
>>
>>52599585
I'm playing a girl who grew up in the wilds. Her adoptive father is a druid who thinks teaching maximum independence is the best way, and her adoptive mother is an awakened bear who guards the druid's home. She resisted being raised "girly" by the nearby villagers, has no education to speak of apart from what the druid imparted and just wants to explore everything. She's active, practical, honest, curious and very direct - if someone does something she doesn't like, she'll show it, say it or get physical.

So far it's been a blast.
>>
File: 1488191296067.jpg (7KB, 216x193px) Image search: [Google]
1488191296067.jpg
7KB, 216x193px
>be DM
>have a fighter among the players who wants to try out a new class variant posted on the internet
>"might as well let him do it, can't be too op"
>skim over the class features and there only seem to be some changes here and there
>pretty standard fighter for the first few sessions
>takes sentinel and protection to guard the 2 mages and the extremely squishy rogue
>at level 5 the first major change pops up that I overlooked
>he gets a bonus reaction
>and another bonus reaction
>and another bonus reaction
>during a turn he can DODGE, and if the entire party is next to him he can give multiple attacks disadvantage or opportunity attack any enemy that comes close
>mages use weapon buffs on fighter
>sentinel fighter absolutely obliterates everything that enters the party's range
>if enemies group up on dodging sentinel to get rid of him they barely hit him due to disadvantage rolls
>rogue backstabs the shit out of everything and mages blast away unchallenged

and that's the day I realized why bonus reactions are not in the game.
Doesn't work against an enemy mage that catches your entire party in a tornado tho. Who's laughing now you fucking piece of shit.
>>
What's the highest bonus that could possibly be stacked on a d20 roll in any situation?
>>
>>52599558
SKT
>>
>>52600861
Some kinda stealth roll I imagine.

+5 DEX, +6 Proficiency, +6 Expertise, +10 Ranger's Hide in plain sight, +10 Pass without trace.

So +37 not including magic items or Bardic Inspiration.
>>
>>52600784
>>52600790
Sometime you just want to blast stuff
>>
>>52600902
I know that feeling. At low levels Dragon Sorcerer does that pretty amazingly.
>>
>>52600770
Pure evocation? Only if the campaign is heavy on under-CRed foes which is rare.

You're gonna be in for non stop disappointment, the entire campaign.

>>52600784
>you're still a wizard

That doesn't matter for shit. Think of a warlock but weaker.
>>
>>52600921
>not fighting 11 allosaurus
Sometimes when the DM has a light session, or we have long travel/down time, we rotate DMing random encounters. Once we used the donjon generator, and it kept spamming low cr enemies in great numbers. Personal favorite was 13 grizzly bears and one werebear.
>>
>>52600921
don't listen to this fag play whatever class you want
>>
>>52600921
...It's basically a Wizard that doesn't gain other subclasses abilities.

Most of them only get one or two good abilities anyway, Diviner has a good level 2 and that's it really. The Wizards one of the ones where it doesn't really make or break the class because the class is already good, there's just 3-4 that have amazingly powerful abilities that make it even better.

He won't be a huge disappointment, he will be a Wizard who does nuking better and that normally comes up reasonably frequently.
>>
>>52600943

Sure, but by the time you have Fireball, most DMs are bored as hell of using CR 1/2 foes, so they're likely to want to use fewer, tougher foes.

The normal wizard niche is "lock em down with control, use cantrips and let party finish them off," the evoker niche is "lock em down with control, actually contribute to finishing them off." A pure evoker is just garbage, they have no niche at all. Not unless the DM still likes CR 1/2 monsters at level 5.
>>
How funny king silly can I make Hobgoblins?

I maintain that anything goblin is silly as fuck. It can still be sinister and dangerous, but it must be silly.
>>
>>52600973
are you using tome of beasts or something
>>
>>52600959
>...It's basically a Wizard that doesn't gain other subclasses abilities.

One who's played perfectly weak. You should give people the straight dope on their characters, not sugar coat it. He's going to be a disappointment *the entire game*. That's the important part to keep in mind.

>Diviner has a good level 2 and that's it really.

At least a diviner player knows that going divinations only is not very viable. Expert Divination, however, is great. True Seeing is the best buff around, even if you need not ever worry about enemy casters sneaking up and AoEing the party, because you can then use Darkness.

>the class is already good,

The class is okay, probably the third best full caster, but wanting to go pure evoker on an already average caster class downgrades them from average to irredeemable shit.

Especially because, as he says his game will never get past level 7, he's never likely to get a chance to be awesome.

>He won't be a huge disappointment,

He will never reach the point of payoff.
>>
>>52600998
Is Evoker one of the lower tiered options in the game? Of course.

So is Monk, Sorcerer and PHB Ranger. Doesn't mean you can't have fun with them anyway. If he wants to play an Evoker then there's no reason not to. Irredeemable shit is also a little bit far, they're more situational but their level 3 is a godsend in any closed space with a handful of enemies.
>>
>>52600973
I dunno, i think good campaigns should have a mixture of encounter/combat styles. Boss with dudes, couple big guys, super big boss, couple of swarms, if your game only has one type of consistent encounter it could probably use some spicing up.
>>
>>52600973
>He's not fighting Kobold warrens at level 3

I don't know what game you're playing but our Evoker's love of Thunderwave is pretty fucking handy.
>>
>>52601036
Nah, Evoker is still a wizard, and an archetypeless wizard is still, a mid-high tier class.
>>
>>52601036
>Is Evoker one of the lower tiered options in the game? Of course.

Evoker is more towards the bottom, but *pure evoker* is definitely rock bottom.

>So is Monk, Sorcerer and PHB Ranger. Doesn't mean you can't have fun with them anyway.

Hunter and Open Hand are great, and even the sorcerer isn't particularly bad. The important part to remember is that this guy wants to take a bad option and make it worse, by only using Evocations.

>If he wants to play an Evoker then there's no reason not to.

Just letting him know its gonna be really, REALLY bad, and significantly worse than he'd expect.

In a world where CR 1/2 orcs had 5 hp instead of 15 and evocations scaled, evoker wizards were already considered bad.
>>
>>52600998
And what do you consider the two best full casters?
>>
>>52601059
Oh, I just realised he did say "Pure Evoker" in his original post. Sorry about that.

Focusing on pure damage spells is complete shit yeah I'll agree with that. Though playing Evoker can still be fun if you know when to use it and when not to.
>>
>>52600943
we're only allowed to fight someosaurus in our campaign
>>
>>52601078
fucking kill yourself carlos you dirty fucking spic why do you even ride this bullshit hell bus with us you're such a fag no one wants you here
>>
>>52601036
It's not about being low tier, it's about intentionally going for a style or restrictions (using only evocation spells) that will further gimp the class.

It's like going Strength Monk because they want to feel like a muscled brawler, or Beast Master Ranger and refusing to use any spells because they want to play it 'pure martial' for flavor. It's trash.
>>
>>52601095
>It's not about being low tier, it's about intentionally going for a style or restrictions (using only evocation spells) that will further gimp the class.
play a lot of videogames huh
>>
>>52599566
I have GMed ToH 3 times and played it twice.

It is shit. It is not actually a role-playing game anymore, but almost 100% reliant on a combination of luck and player knowledge and smarts. The character sheets are largely pointless in 90% of the dungeon.

I never nderstood why people like it. First time I played we got halfway through, and I was so excited to try again. Second time we beat it.

Then I started GMing it, and I began to realize how dumb the entire thing is. It is designed with the "GM vs players" idea in mind, which is fucking stupid.
>>
How is 5e in play? And how is it in-combat and out-of-combat? Does it have narrative driven roleplaying? Trying to convince some friends to try it, some are keen but a few others are still a bit iffy about how dis/advantage works and whether it could imbalance a game.
>>
>>52601061
In a level 1-7 campaign? Look at what the moon druid gets at level 2, and what druids and bards get for level 2 spells. For a straight damage type, look at what a cleric gets over a 'pure evoker.'

Its important to warn this guy that his character is going to be not only utter shit, but far more irredeemably shitty than he could ever imagine.
>>
>>52601111
Were your parents related, anon?
>>
>>52601137
>Does it have narrative driven roleplaying?

Thank God, no, because narrative driven roleplaying is by far the worst cancer to have happened to RPing, ever.

>How is 5e in play? And how is it in-combat and out-of-combat?

Its great. Its gonna be hard to go back to differing advancement tables for to-hit and each different save for each category and for each skill.

>but a few others are still a bit iffy about how dis/advantage works and whether it could imbalance a game.

I have never seen a player complain about getting another chance to succeed.
>>
>>52601150
do you play with DMs who don't base encounters on the party makeup and just go by CR alone?
>>
>>52601199
Making purposefully shit tier PCs and then expecting the DM to change *the entire campaign* just to please you is definitely cuntish That Guy behavior, anon. Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>52601211
>*the entire campaign*
an encounter is an entire campaign? dude what?
>>
>>52601220

Changed your tune from >>52601199 I take it? Good. You too can stop being an entitled little cunt, who wants the entire campaign to revolve around him, with one easy step.

1. Go fuck yourself
>>
>>52601170
>Thank God, no, because narrative driven roleplaying is by far the worst cancer to have happened to RPing, ever.
Hmm, how's that?
>>
>>52600264
Perfect example of why I only want to fame offline.

Also, since I've never used Roll20, why can't megaanon just make a new account?
>>
If my DM was open to the idea of letting me be a Beastman of some kind. Was thinking either Dwarven or Bugbear Barbarian refluffed as a Badger or Possum. Any way to make this not weird at all other then never entering a Romantic subplot?
>>
>>52599558
Out of the Abyss
>>
>>52601131
>almost 100% reliant on a combination of luck and player knowledge and smarts. The character sheets are largely pointless in 90% of the dungeon.
Yea, that's OSR. OSR assumes that the player is metagaming
>>
>>52601232
>basing encounters
>changing encounters
Nice leap dude, do you write a whole linear supplement or something? I'm guessing the answer is yes since you already freaked out about the "narrative playing" question instead of just saying "no/not really"

Not everyone pre-plans the entire campaign encounters. If you do then whatever, you could offer more interesting advice than "not viable enough ever" even though I gave a solution to make it viable and you went ham.

Maybe you like to be led around, playing no active part in shaping the story you're playing, or maybe it's pretty much only about the challenge of strategy in encounters? You should honestly just play a video game and have fun doing that instead, if that's the case.
>>
>>52601272
>why can't megaanon just make a new account?
It won't be in any of the games, which isn't too bad if they're a player, but crippling if they're the GM.
>>
>>52601298
>that's OSR
No, that's a dungeon designed entirely because your players are going 'ha ha, we're too smart for your dungeons Gary, they're easy shit'.
>>
>>52601302
>playing no active part in shaping the story you're playing

But its not about "shaping the story you're playing," its about changing encounters to make the PCs automatically kick ass, no matter how poor their tactical decisions are. Remember? See >>52601199
>>
>>52601298
>Yea, that's OSR. OSR assumes that the player is metagaming

Bullshit. I hate this after the fact historical revisionism garbage trying to recast ToH as the norm. It was never the norm.
>>
File: 1406662765373.jpg (152KB, 750x1061px) Image search: [Google]
1406662765373.jpg
152KB, 750x1061px
>>52601199
A DM can adjust encounters for the strength of the party, of course. They should.

But this is a cooperative game. Balancing for the overall strength and capabilities of the party works great if everyone is at about an even level of competence - maybe one player or build is a little worse than other, or maybe one character is consistently strong and carries the party during the harshest situations, that's fine if nobody minds and 5e is decent at keeping classes viable within the options provided.

The problem lies when you introduce a character that is really bad at their roll, or worse, is really bad *and their role overlaps with one or two others.* You play a Strength Monk of the 4 Elements, you give him high Charisma because you want him to have pretty muscles like that alchemist anime character or whatever, medium Int because you don't want him to be dump and spread your other stats around...

It's trash. No AC, medium HP, no abilities worth a damn, this character is going to be trash at fighting. And you put it next to a classically built Fighter or Barbarian - doesn't have to be optimized, hell could be a TWF - and they are simply going to be so much better at the things our gimped Monk here is expected to at least be decent at.

Or you make an Evocation Wizard dedicated exclusively to dealing damage from range, that's their sole purpose in life, all spells are dedicated to that... and you stand next to a well-built ranged Fighter. What do you think is going to happen? Which of the two do you think is going to be *overwhelmingly better* than the other at their gimmick, at their one purpose in life?

If the player in question wants to play a weak character, doesn't mind that their concept sucks ass mechanically, then great. It's a bit tougher on the DM but they adjust encounters and everything works.

But if the player is expecting to be decent? They are expecting to contribute and not get consistently outshined by the entire rest of the party?
>>
File: banebait.jpg (25KB, 324x325px) Image search: [Google]
banebait.jpg
25KB, 324x325px
>>52601340
>>52601321
>>
>>52601361
how am I supposed to guess stuff is bait when the pdf file is at least as retarded and I know for a fact it was written in all seriousness?
>>
Holy shit, where are the tools? I can't DM without them any more
>>
>>52601334
>changing encounters to make the PCs automatically kick ass
No, setting them up to ensure the less-than viable character has something to do (no reason not to do this for every character regardless of how good they are). I'm all for PC death due to shitty decisions or garbage luck, or just making a tough encounter/campaign because hey it'll be fun, but if you aren't setting encounters up to work with the party then it just becomes about damage output, which is fucking boring and a waste of everyone's time when you can get the same result from playing video games that do this faster and more efficiently with more accuracy and output.
>>
>>52601424
Copies are around
>>
How lower powered is 5e compared to the other editions?
>>
Darkness, Wall of Sand and Wall of Water are evocation spell
>>
>>52601433
What if a PC has no meaningful abilities except damage output, and they're bad at it?
>>
>>52601433
>no reason not to do this for every character regardless of how good they are

DMing is already a lot of work, and the player to DM ratio is such that anyone can sit down and decide to run any edition I want and have way WAY more players than I need. No sense making it harder to yourself just to baby every last entitled player that comes your way.

>then it just becomes about damage output, which is fucking boring and a waste of everyone's time

If you feel the DM needs to change what creatures he uses and his storylines to please you, then you are That Guy and you are unneeded.

>hurr durr change your campaign to please me or else its a vidya game!
>>
What is this about Evoker being weak at doing damage? Maybe on single target damage (but scorching ray is still a thing) but they are one of the best at AoE.
>>
>>52601487
Before level 8?
>>
>>52601448
"Lower power" isn't really the right word, but mages are reigned in way more than in 3e, and more than in TSR.

Fights are primarily about hit points as the main currency, like in 4e (rather than level draining or SoL/instant death like in 3e and prior). So that's the sense people will say its low or high power.
>>
>>52601491
Thunderwave is a 1st level spell
>>
>>52601487
>but they are one of the best at AoE.

They are okay in terms of AoE against CR 1/8 at level 1 and CR 1/2 at level 5, but by then the DM will probably have sent them against every low CR foe remotely interesting-to-him monster.
>>
How would you run a oneshot in this edition? As an introductory oneshot for a group of players new to 5e but not to roleplaying in general?
>>
>>52601435
Hook a brother up somehow?
>>
>>52601526
Just a quick dungeon delve with a few puzzles and premade PCs.
>>
>>52601517
21-28 average damage per target isn't that bad at level 5.

Rogue do 19 average damage and they are fine.
>>
>>52601531

5 to 6 ncounters, of which 2 or 3 are combat, one of those combats the "climax" combat, and the rest you split between social events and puzzles, to a minimum of one.
>>
>>52601557
You are very likely to have to wait a LONG damn time between fireballs, though. If that guy really wasn't exaggerating in that he can't get past level 7, he might only be able to cast 6 fireballs in the entire campaign.
>>
>>52601493
>>52601170
Ah, gotcha, definitely informative. Thank you.
>>
what kind of build should i go for if i want to hit people really hard and send them flying

preferably flying through walls
>>
> familiar can deliver arcane lock
What can I do with this knowledge?
>>
>>52601538
Thanks dude, I feel they'd want good combat that doesn't drag but also immersive storytelling, could 5e feasibly deliver on that?
I dunno how they'd feel about a dungeon though.
>>
>use rope trick to circumvent having to scale a sheer cliff
>"roll athletics to see if you climb the rope"
>8 str wizard rolls 2
>take 4d6 damage and everyone has a laugh at my expense
>i gave up my spell slot for this
dms that ask for rolls to climb ropes that aren't on fire or surrounded by angry goblins can burn in hell
>>
>>52601606
Anything can do "immersive storytelling," what kind of question is that?
>>
>>52601624
Are the mechanics conducive to it?
>>
>>52601611
That's too bad anon... lots of DM soesn't understand rule and want to make you roll for every little thing.
>>
>>52601606
Just try it out bubba.
The puzzles will help them interact and think about what their character would do/is good at, the combat will familiarize them with how combat works (duh, and the dungeon will just give them something obvious to do (get the thingy at the end). The premade characters will not only make the oneshot work, it will also give them an idea of what a decent class build looks like. They're are familiar with roleplaying so they should pick it up pretty fast and come to a decision regarding whether or not they like it when it ends.

>>52601638
That's gonna be your job more than the players. Nothing is forcing them to do anything.
>>
>>52601606
don't make it a dungeon then
put it outside and nobody will be none the wiser
>>
>>52601638

Yes? How could they not be?
>>
>>52601383
See, my bait is masterful.
>>
File: Map.jpg (848KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Map.jpg
848KB, 1024x768px
I've been working on this map for a new adventure. This is what I got so far.
>>
>>52601677
neat. what program
>>
>>52601683
Inkarnate. It's a pretty cool map-making tool. You can use it in conjunction with photoshop. Inkarnate for the basic outline so the map looks like a map and photoshop for detail work
>>
>>52600131
They are my fave. I am currently playing a Fiend-lock cross Fighter who the party seems to love for his simple and earnest nature. His patron and he have reached an accord of sorts, where the patron understands he needs to keep the fighter alive if he plans on claiming his body and soul, so grants him more and more power.
>>
>>52600131
How do you feel about moving turret?
>>
>>52601677
i can't help but see a face

is that intentional?
>>
File: homer simpson.png (163KB, 239x305px) Image search: [Google]
homer simpson.png
163KB, 239x305px
>>52601719
>>
File: 764834624363.jpg (30KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
764834624363.jpg
30KB, 540x540px
Never ran a homebrew campaign before. Is it common practice to do a write-up on the history and current state of the world and key locations/kingdoms/factions that the players would likely know?

Or do you usually just dump the players in, answering those questions freely and or via knowledge checks later on?
>>
Can you still import tokens into roll20 with 5etools?
>>
>>52601719
not really. But the map isn't done anway, there is going to be some forest there
>>
>>52601741
You can do a combination of the two as well.

If this is your first time though I'd go for the history write up if only to get your brain workin, just be 100% aware that half that shit won't come up or will be instantly forgotten.
>>
>>52600264
you dumb cuck, you really think they're going to give you their account back? they couldn't even bother sending you a message on roll20 or your email. your goose is cooked rick kittenhugs, better hope whatever you and that roll20 shill c0re is worth anything
>>
>>52601741
The only info dump you should dump is the exact necessary for their immediate level 1 goal, which should be "where are good dire cow hunting spots"

As they ask for more, you let them know.
>>
>>52601741
Ran a bunch of modules, and I am considering some homebrew ideas for my group.
Ultimately, it's the goal, objectives or general 'story' that pulls the campaign. The world and its detail are a side-feature. It's totally possible to mostly omit world detail.

I also have some fear that I do the mistake that another DM did for whom I had the misfortune to play with. I as a player didn't particularly care for his world or characters, I didn't care for his book.

So ultimately a healthy balance. When the detail comes up, casually introduce it, or put it behind a low intelligence DC.
>>
>>52599669
Monks are kinda hampered in terms of multiclassing.
They may at most dip 3 levels into another class.

Rogues, Druids, Rangers (UA), Warocks and Fighters are the only classes of any value to multiclass with.

I personally like to do this:

Variant Human Shadow Monk 6/ Scout Rogue 3 with the mobile feat.

My DM hates me for this combo cause it upps my survivability by too much so he needed to throw enemies with true sight and things like Sentinel/PAM fighters at us.

On my turn i get to move 50 ft normally, 110 with the bonus action teleport and 160 with the dash action + 25 ft from my reaction.
All of it mostly counting as a disengage so i don't get hit by anything in melee.
>>
>>52600264
Would there be any possibility for posting the latest version of source code for 5etools so one can keep a private version of it?
I didn't clone the repo before you took it down :(
>>
>>52601874
that's your DM's fault for letting you multiclass any UA material
>>
File: 4jiorB9.gif (4MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
4jiorB9.gif
4MB, 300x300px
>>52601783
>The only info dump you should dump is the exact necessary for their immediate level 1 goal

But what if all their goals are somewhat separate? They have their characters and where they are from, but that is it.

>one is a cripple ex-jockey and wants money to get a horse
>one is a blue collar miner who isn't sure what to do in life
>one is a kobold who ran away from home to put a good name out for kobolds
>two are escaping their home town, plagued by vampires
>one is an ex-soldier, cursed by a unknown figure to never pick up arms again or have his home face death

They have a habit of making very separate character identities that are usually hard to intertwine due to the sheer scale differences. I'm sure I can make it work, its just I'm not sure with homebrew campaigns on how much info to give them considering their broad coverage
>>
>>52601649
>>52601651
Thanks bros, I'll see if I can't convince them. They should be amenable, they seem to want to try another edition/system.
>>
should I multiclass my level 10 arcane trickster into eldritch knight, ranger, or arcane archer?
>>
Speaking of scout rogue... Skirmisher only trigger when enemy end it turn next to you right? Which mean it happen after they attacked you...
>>
>>52601959

Easy.
>"You have all banded together in the city of Ankh Morpork"
>"Now tell me why"
>The players have to come up with a bit of intro and how what they're doing somehow plays into their goals
>"As it just so happens, by either coming to the conclusion yourselves or asking around, you all have one thing in common. The one way to achieve what you want in this world is by adventuring."
>However, every god mother, duck and their child wants to go out and grab themselves a dragon queen hoard, so, in a way to keep population control manageable, it is illegal to adventure without a whole party and a charter.
>Through what can generously be called "auditions", you have all met one another, and clicked. Have quickly somehow become friends
>by sheer luck and some egregious feat of seduction, the Bard has managed to land you the charter you needed to be a recognized group of "troubleshooters"
>The only thing missing in order to make it oficial from the office of the local patrician is for you to prove yourselves with a basic assignment. To "Run Your First Adventure"

And so your session begins
>>
Damn, what the fuck happened here? https://youtu.be/6Vsv_vC7keA
>>
>>52601999
You really want Haste as soon as possible..
>>
>>52602085
I have boots of haste. I just can't decide what class I wanna go into. my character likes to be careful with his missions and prefers combat at a distance.
>>
>>52602007
Yep.
That's the reason why it's balanced for multiclassing.

Most UA material being unbalanced for multiclassing doesn't mean all of it isn't balanced for it.

Scout, Monster hunter ranger, Hunter ranger, the Cleric and Barbarian UA archetypes are all okay for multiclassing.
>>
>>52599626
>Kinda hard because my group's very heavy on RP and the character would be a Mother.

Then just play it the same as being a father. Don't make being female your whole character concept.

>The idea of playing a character so different in that way is just so unatural. Which doesn't really make sense because I play Lizardfolk a lot.

It makes complete sense, aren't you autistic? Lizardfolk is you playing yourself.
>>
>>52602108
> boots of haste
> 5e
???

>>52602117
Forge cleric is too front load of multiclass. +1 AC and heavy armor for a 1 level dip.
>>
Are the divine domains as given in the SCAG a good fit for the respective gods?
>>
>>52601741
I do the second.
Players want the first.
This is hell.
>>
File: 1490750686536.gif (2MB, 425x481px) Image search: [Google]
1490750686536.gif
2MB, 425x481px
>When the bard spends half the session brewing fake healing potions and selling them on the street corner
>When he makes about 300G through several great deception/persuasion rolls
>When the DM makes every customer have a sob story about their sick children/wife/aunty thanking the bard profusely
>When he just smiles and accepts their kind words
>When I am that bard
>>
>>52602127
Let's be realistic here.
Clerics either dip a few levels into another class, are one level dips for casters who want heavy armour or focus on single class.

A +1 to AC is hardly broken.
>>
>>52602127
yes? I have boots of haste in a 5e game? why confused?
>>
>>52601741
I like to do the first simply because as I write, it gives me ideas for the campaign.
>>
>>52601557
Look at Conjure Animals. Assassin Rogue with Snake poison, Archer Battlemaster, GWM Berserker. If you can't Nova for 75-100 damage at level five, you're weaksauce.
>>
>>52600417
Damn, your players must not realize that a wyrmling red dragon has an intelligence of 12. It's smart enough where you'd have to use persuasion on it instead of animal handling.
>>
>>52602132
I'm not sure why Corellon has arcana and light domains, he'll be moreso arcana, life and war.
>>
>>52600737
>Implying ANYONE would ever let you return a used rpg book.
>>
Did anyone else use 5etools on roll20 to import monsters? I can't get the tokens to import anymore
>>
Trying to get other opinions, but game I'm in is really good. We lost two players to an ooze a few sessions back and their alts are in now, I'm planning out an alt partly cause I'm not liking my hexblade currently and partially cause death is likely.
Our group has a dwarf barbarian, human monk, human artificer gunsmith and kenku alchemy artificer. What do you guys think I should make to help party balance?
>>
>>52602259
kill one of the artificers in their sleep
or going any full caster is fine too
>>
So OTHER THAN NIGHTMARES, what are the most fun and thematic friends/pets/minions to give night hags? I was thinking that everyone knows to be indoors by sundown or else the night hags and their accomplices will come out and Soulmongle you.
>>
>>52602144
>when your dm lets you get away with that

pretty sad desu

id hate to play with you or him
>>
>>52602361
300 golds for half a session worth of work and good rolls is nothing, famalam.
>>
>>52600300
debtors hanging from cages over the city walls
>>
Is there an expanded list of domains out there?
What are the current domains?
>>
>>52602361
>no fun allowed
>>
>>52602385
https://buluphont.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Cleric,
>>
>>52602320
Hellhounds.
>>
>>52602370
>>52602394

>spending half the session jewing people for potentially infinite cash instead of moving the plot forward
>playing with gold bloat
>the most the DM is going is trying to make an already obviously morally corrupt character feel bad rather than have him cross someone powerful for keeping this shit up
>not having this person he capable of fucking up his life and start having bad shit happen to the PC

you are the jew equivalent of murderhobo and thats a fact

>good rolls xd

dude you can do this, in theory, every session. rolls means shit especially if you have good charisma and proficiency, you will always trick commoners and if you have magic its even easier so yeah fuck off with your "hard work" bullshit

your game is bad and you are a bad player

im sure the rest of your party is sick of your shit and want you out by now, but going by how you play its probably some roll20 game since you have no irl friends to play this shit with
>>
>>52601531
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html
>>
Help me with some Theory Crafting, I'm going to be in a two player game, with Gestalt homebrewed in.

I'm trying to build a super Gish

Current plan is Duskblade5|Battlemaster3Paladin2

Everything published by WotC is on the table, any ideas? I think the other player is going to go Paladin5|Sorcerer5 and do super quickened smites
>>
So I know there are copies of 5etools now, but is anyone going to be dedicated to updating them with the new content?
>>
>>52602151
He's probably rustled because it's noncore.
>>
>>52602422
>Cheating peasants means I should cross someone powerful
>implying it was just rolls and not a carefully crafted plan involving tricking them with real healing potions and lots of dye
>>
>>52602516
ah. well someone said I should go 12 arcane trickster, 6 eldritch knight, and 2 diviner. might go arcane archer in place of eldritch knight for the seeking arrows.
>>
>>52602422
As a DM, I'd let that character earn a really horrible reputation. News travels fast, and the story of that one peddler that swindled the poor, sick and needy out of their last coins should spread like wildfire. People will watch out, and possible take justice into their own hands.
>>
Can someone please explain to me how Rage of Demons ended?
>>
>>52602409
Thanks bruv.
>>
Is Light Cleric good for CoS?
>>
So how do my fellow DMs moderate the Murderhobo tendencies of their Players?

I tend to focus on building Quest Hubs (villages, towns) where there are reasons for the PCs to become invested in the community rather than a pit stop on the way to the next dungeoncrawl.

Discounts from merchants the PCs have made friends with, having various farmers that have benefited from monster killing exploits buy ales for the PCs, all seem to help reduce the window dressing aspects of rpg settings.

Since I prefer Hexploration style sandbox games I also like having various foes littered over the map that represent challenges they PCs will want to postpone dealing with.

Of course giving the PCs something to do other than wench and whore while not killing monsters also helps.

So what tools does /5eg/ use and/or like to see in games they participate in?
>>
DnD Beyond doesnt have shit in UAs, Character creations and I dont seem to find some monsters that I use in my campaings.
Is there any way I could get 5etools back or I am doomed to search in the books in the old fashioned way?
>>
>>52602700
literally look anywhere in this thread, there's at least 2 links to mirrors of 5etools
>>
>>52600131
Fluff wise: rad metal wizards

Crunch wise: I cast eldritch blast about 50 fuckin times, maybe an actual spell here or there.

IMO they really just got shafted hard
>>
>>52600802
Most of us know, only people who weren't there for the message don't
>>
My next campaign will start at level 6! What is a good blast spell for Lore Bard to steal?
>>
>>52602777
FIREBALL if you can, I honestly have no clue.
>>
>>52602777
fireball is basically the one blast
spiritual weapon is different but also good
>>
>>52602777
Our group has a lore bard that has zero offensive spells and not even a ranged weapon. He just spends every combat casting cure wounds and throwing inspiration at people, then standing still and skipping turns when he runs out.
Rarely even uses haste as he thinks the turn skipping after haste wears off is too big of a detriment. And his character has zero personality and he barely participates in any roleplaying shit.
I wonder why he even bothers to "play".
>>
What constitutes magical/nonmagical physical damage? Is it only magic weapons, or is it also dragon talons and stuff?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>and this is my Chaos Sorcerer!
>>
>>52602819
you can play a bard with no damage spells and not be a useless pile of shit as long as you're throwing out good buffs and disables and using your abilities to outright avoid combat and spamming vicious mockery is basically not damage so its a-okay
>>
>>52602681
You can be as good of a DM as humanly possible and you can still end up with a murderhobo adventure. DnD is a collaborative process, the world you create is as much yours as it is theirs, for better or worse. You can't force them to talk to NPCs, you can't force them to care about moral dilemmas. Yes, you can punish them with guards or bounty hunters but that won't change their playstyle.
>>
>>52600858
>>whose laughing now
Me
>>
>>52602801
>>52602818
But /5eg/ told me fire is a bad damage type... like everything is immune to it.
>>
I've been playing Breath of the Wild and reflecting lasers back at Guardians makes me hard. Is there any way to do that in 5e with a shield?
>>
>>52602991
It's widely resisted but it deals more damage on average.
Fire is always usefull.

The one damage type that truly sucks is poison.
>>
>>52602858
Spell damage is always magical, unless the damage is something tertiary like fire from a burning haystack that was lit on fire from a burning barrel that was lit on fire from a fireball.

Magic weapons (+1 indicates magical. generally, there's no 'mundane masterwork equipment bestows +x stats) do damage as normal, but the target often has vulnerabilities or resistances to things unless the weapon is/isnt magical.

The statblock for anything should note something like "this attack counts as magical for the sake of immunities"
>>
>>52602993
shut up
>>
>>52602993
Tarrasque Carapace shield, but good luck getting one of those
>>
>>52602858
>magical physical damage
Magic weapons, bludgeoning/slashing/piercing damage from spells, attacks from monsters with the "Magic Weapons" trait or similar.

>nonmagical physical damage
Bludgeoning/slashing/piercing from all other sources

Yes, monsters immune to nonmagical physical attacks should be immune to bullets, falling damage, etc. At least when I'm DMing they are.
>>
>>52602993
Give the enemy lair actions that go off on initiative count 20 (so they get their normal turn to do something cool like whack people then scuttle away to charge their lazer) and also gives people time to use their ready action to brace for a lazer shot.

Then, at the top of the next round the lair action goes off and the monster fires a lazer. If the target player readied their shield as the action during their turn, they can do an ability check of some sort to reflect it back. If they didn't, they get zapped.
>>
>>52602858
depend on creature. It will say so on stat block like unicorn's attack.
>>
>>52602999
>>52602999
Is it worth taking elemental adept (Fire) later then?
>>
>>52600858
kek. Learn your lesson and always read any homebrew material the players bring. Read it THOROUGHLY and then come ask about it in 4chan or some other online discussion thread so that people more attentive than you can point out all the broken shit.
>>
>>52603054
Definetly yes.
Dealing with resistances can be a pain sometimes.
>>
>>52600131
You're like an inept, crippled wizard that has to beg your mystical sugar daddy for magical scraps.
>>
>>52603054
not on bard
>>
File: Ancient Green Dragon.png (553KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient Green Dragon.png
553KB, 560x560px
Speaking of poison sucking ass, I have a problem. My players will fight a green dragon down the line, it's part of the story, but I'm worried that they'll level up too fast and be 11th level by then, at which point the druid can prepare Heroes Feast and trivialize the whole fucking thing.

What do?
>>
>>52603087
Don't level them up too fast?

I don't see the problem here, it's your game after all.
>>
>>52603087
level them up slower then? nigga you're the dm
>>
>>52602777
Aura of vitality,
Elemental weapon,
Find steed,
Shillelagh (For very specific things like if you're going to multiclass paladin)
Counterspell (Almost definitely if your DM uses casters. Don't forget jack of all trades applies to skill checks that use counterspell.)
Spike growth or pass without trace if nobody in the party can get that.

People who think casters should just be casting fireball don't know how to caster.
>>
>>52603087

Just give the Dragon the Black Dragon Acid breath weapon and be done with it.

Only bad thing is that the Black dragon has the line weapon which you might just convert to an acid cone
>>
>>52603087
Have the dragon not be an idiot.

'A monster should be a challenge for the players by itself' is a bad mindset in 5e. Give it minions to hinder players from just walking up and smiting it immediately.
>>
>>52603087
In my group the DM could always adjust the levelling tables in order to keep progress steady. When we were playing PF, for example, we used the slow progression table x1.75 at higher levels. Now in 5e, we still use the regular table, but changing it is always an option.
>>
>>52603108
>>52603110
We use XP and it'd feel kinda shitty to hold off on it and give less than they should gain. I'd rather use milestones but one of the players really enjoys counting XP and all.
>>
>>52603068
Still 40 something monster that outright immune to fire.
>>
>>52603119
> still suggesting find steed
Don't tell me you think Bardic superhorse is still a thing?
>>
>>52597017
Ikr, which is weird because the actual human/halfling part of the example seems reasonable based on the many different kinds of dwarfism that exist in real life.

>>52597926
>Why did Sword Art become popular?
Way off-topic, but the writer seems to have played Ultima Online, then wrote this. It then sat unnoticed for years before it was picked up by a publisher and got an anime. So yes the publisher has a lot of blame for bandwagoning.
>>
File: Half-Orc.png (474KB, 464x606px) Image search: [Google]
Half-Orc.png
474KB, 464x606px
>be a level 1 elf wizard sitting at the bar drinking your fruity fag drink and saying "omg" and shit like that
>suddenly this big half-orc mf walks by and slaps you on the ass
>it's clear he's mistaken you for a woman and wants to fuck you
What do?
>>
>>52603219
Is Grease still a first level spell?
>>
File: 1444188993839.png (107KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1444188993839.png
107KB, 450x443px
What do you do when you roll like complete ass? I'm not talking about stats, but in general? For some reason, whenever it comes to combat my character gets a lucky critical once per session and then proceeds to miss every other attack. It isn't that the AC is too high or my stats are high or low, I just roll between 1-9 nonstop. I even picked up the lucky feat to try and balance it out a bit, but even then that rarely helps.

What do I do? I've considered just throwing my character to his death because I feel like he's just cursed.
>>
File: Doomchild.jpg (29KB, 390x469px) Image search: [Google]
Doomchild.jpg
29KB, 390x469px
>>52603238
>>
>>52603244
Have a cleric or wizard cast Remove Curs on you and see if that helps.
>>
>>52603244
fudge your rolls
>>
>>52603204
It's like find familiar, but better because supposedly your mount can even attack if it wishes to.

Obviously horsecasting isn't 'much' of a thing, but I still seem to remember a couple of spells existing such as melf's minute meteors that work with it.

Cone of cold is a range of self but its targets are the 60ft cone and only includes you if you wish for it to target you too, and that means you can also target the horse with it, but there's no point to doing that unless you're suicidal.

Melf's Minute Meteors appears to work as an enchantment, as while the meteors have a range of 120ft the spell itself only has a range of self, thus being a buff that targets yourself.

Of course your DM won't let that fly, but just the base find steed is plenty enough.
>>
>>52603142
it's the DM's prerogative to run a low-level adventure at low exp.
>>
>>52603204
What exactly is wrong with find steed?

I intend to pick it up asap on my Bard, so it would be nice to know why this would be a bad idea.
>>
>>52603244
You're just pessimistic.
Curses don't exist unless your dice are literally biased against you.
You shouldn't have bad luck every session.

However, it is possible to play characters who don't rely on rolling. In particular, druids or wizards would be good picks. There are many spells that don't require rolls or still affect on a successful save.
>>
>>52603277
There are better spells you can pick up, but its a nice spell for flavour
>>
>>52603267
It can only attack when you're not riding on it.
Cone of cold doesn't work, JC already give a clarification on what "spell that target only you" mean. And Cone of cold doesn't qualify.

Phantom Steed is a much better spell since it doesn't go poof when it die.
>>
>>52603294
Oh alright.

I intend to do it for flavour, mostly because of the animal charmer theme I have going. Also have a rat I intend to awaken later on, and I will probably get Find familiar to add to my entourage.
>>
>>52603244
Either your dice are unbalanced (not that likely to cause such results) or your perceptions are warped.

Sort yourself out.
>>
>>52603298
Doesn't phantom steed only last for 8 hours or something and find steed last until its dismissed or killed?
>>
File: 1489907595782.jpg (2KB, 125x97px) Image search: [Google]
1489907595782.jpg
2KB, 125x97px
LIE ABOUT YOUR ROLLS NIGGA
>>
File: 1398906326060.png (305KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1398906326060.png
305KB, 534x486px
>>52603292
>>52603312
In the past 4 sessions, we've had up to 3 combat encounters per session.

I have only hit 4 times this entire campaign. I know because they were such momentous occasions that I remember each time exactly.
>>
What classic AD&D modules whould WotC adapt into a big adventure path?

They've more or less adapted

T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil -PoA
G1-3 Against the Giants - SKT
I6 Ravenloft - CoS
D1-2/Q1 - Drow/Lloth very loosely inspiring OotA
>>
>>52603322
You can use action to cast ritual while you're riding on something. And 100ft speed is more useful (200ft when dash) both during combat and during overland travel, since find steed will have standard overland travel which is as fast as a walking humanoid.
>>
>>52603322
1 hour, it's a ritual though. If the DM says you can cast the ritual while you ride the horse then its pretty sweet.
>>
>>52603340
KEEP
ON
THE
BORDERLANDS
>>
I am running a game using milestones instead of exp. The player is rather split, so we often only have 4 of 6 players, and milestones ensure all stay at the same level.

However, I have always been fond of granting bonus exp based on brilliant roleplay performances, and extraordinary player actions. This can include something OOC like "storywriting" all events. With milestones, that kinda goes out the window.

How can I reward a player character outside of exp? Inspiration is a super lame "reward". Especially since we have a Bard
>>
>>52603361

I agree that 5e kind of needs a classic sandbox style starting adventure but it would be hard to stretch out Caves of Chaos into a 1-8 adventure path.
>>
>>52603367
I wouldn't bother, to be honest.

My group likes roleplaying their characters just fine, even if it leads to bad choices, without the need for carrots and sticks.

And some people just don't.
>>
>>52603351
>>52603341
Yeah, my DM doesn't allow that.
>>
>>52603087
Give the green dragon unlimited green Guard Drakes, and maybe even Shambling Mounds, Needle Blights or Tree Blights. The dragon could be up to Ancient.
>>
>Looking through sage advice
>Mike Mearls saying 'Based on diety's intent' with regards to a paladin using find steed when neither find steed or paladin necessarily has anything to do with a diety
Why does Mike Merals not understand his game?

>>52603298
JC says 'a find steed mount with you mounted on it follows the rules on page 198'
It says that an intelligent mount can act independently if you so wish, in which case it can attack while you're riding on it. All find steed mounts have an intelligence of 6, and I'd say that's enough to qualify as 'intelligent', it's approaching the realms of human intelligence.

And, yes, I already said cone of cold doesn't work.

Actually, I had to refer to yet ANOTHER find steed sage advice
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2015/10/06/find-steed-spell-intelligence/
To get an answer to it. Apparently it doesn't count as independent, which is more of a rules clarification that they should've mentioned in a previous sage advice.

Anyway, it won't be able to attack while you have it mounted, but who said you have to mount it all the time? You can just have it wander like a familiar when you don't feel like having extra speed.

Now, then:
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/02/08/find-steed-spells-that-target-only-you/
This shows that Melf's Minute Meteors and Investiture of flame will work, because they target the caster to give them a buff that allows them to attack. They don't have an AoE in brackets next to range because they target the caster alone.
>>
>>52603367
Inspiration is mostly what you can do, really. But there are always story rewards, in the form of allies, money, new abilities taught by some NPC, etc.

I use inspiration cards, which build on the inspiration mechanic. My players really enjoy them:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/2nnog3/my_inspiration_cards/
>>
>>52603400
>>52603298
Oh, also, phantom steed is an out of combat travel ritual that requires casting every time you want to use it, though it's only 11 minutes.
It doesn't work for combats.

If you have both phantom steed and find steed, you could also just summon phantom steeds for other people and save 11 minutes not having to make your own one, but...

Honestly it's not worth phantom steed because while in character I'm sure they'd love it, it's much more limited.
>>
>>52603385
>but it would be hard to stretch out Caves of Chaos into a 1-8 adventure path.

not at all, there's lots of humanoids of lots of high levels. remember that its KotB that's the module, but CoC is a significant part of it. I've done the CoC as a module that takes you to level 12 or so.
>>
File: chair.png (3KB, 208x208px) Image search: [Google]
chair.png
3KB, 208x208px
>reading Princes of the Apocalypse about the cultist's hand signals
>fire cult: hands cupped together upright, with one pinky finger upward in the middle
What the fuck is this supposed to look like? I can't for the life of me figure it out or find images. Can somebody help?
>>
>>52603219
Sleep.
>>
>>52603219
>Pay my bill
>Start running
>Cast Grease
>Cast Shield on reacion if hit by Orc, keep it in reserve if not.
>Ray of frost him and use action to dash, use bonus action to cast expeditious retreat if i haven't used the slot on Shield.
>Run away and get the party rogue to find and poison the Orc.
>>
>>52603267
I wonder what Find Steed and Magic Jar would do
>>
>>52603361
http://goodman-games.com/blog/2017/03/26/classic-dd-module-collectors-editions/
This september.
>>
>>52603489
Forgot about this. I am so fucking keen. Epic stories suck dick, gritty dungeon crawls are where it's at.
>>
>>52603392
Tell you DM to read the PHB on casting spell again. You can cast ritual while walking or riding vehicle. The only it take is your action to continue contentrating.
>>
>>52603443
> doesn't work for combat
It does though. It even has a specific rule allowing it to stay 1 more minute after it get hit, as oppose to find steed instant poof.
>>
new thread when? REEEE
>>
>>52603466
I think its like you cup your hands as though collecting river water in them and the hand ontop the other has its pinky in the middle so you stick it straight up
>>
>>52603466
What page is that on?
>>
You guys... stop arguing for me... I will just play Valor Bard instead of Lore Bard. Problem solve.
>>
>>52603540
>l-lewd
>>
>>52603488
RAW, I'm guessing you'd be able to possess people with a horse spirit.
>>
>>52603521
Its not confusion with rules, my DM didn't allow it
>>
>>52603579
>possess people with a horse spirit
Just imagining the implications of this has me laughing out loud.

>Hey John, you vanished for a couple of days! What happened to you?
>Neigh!

I know the spirit knows of the caster languages, but couldn't avoid picturing it like that.
>>
>>52603594
You should slap your DM with PHB and left!
>>
>>52603626
I can imagine it pulling a disguise pretty well off until it commits an absurd social faux pas a steed could never think of, like unabashedly shitting itself in the middle of a conversation
>>
>>52603549
but thats dumb
>>
What's the strongest archer build? Fighter 1/Valor Bard 19?
>>
File: IMG_0400.jpg (218KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0400.jpg
218KB, 692x960px
Did they finally kill the github? Or does someone have a link for it?
>>
>>52603725
The github is down along with the original mega but people posted mirrors a few threads ago IIRC
>>
>>52603755
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html
For whoever makes new bread. Hurry or we'll end up with another anime OP
>>
File: 1482476081615.jpg (56KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
1482476081615.jpg
56KB, 960x639px
NEW THREAD NOW OR I BULLY THIS CATGIRL
>>
>>52603785
Tieflings were made to be bullied
>>
>>52603548
>>
>>52603814
New thread.
>>
>>52599845
Eberron train heist, even though I'm too late.
>>
>>52603707
Straight Archer Battlemaster with Sharpshooter, 20 DEX, Martial Adept, and either Crossbow Expert and 18 WIS, or 20 WIS for Max perception. Use poison from the moon druid.
>>
>>52603058
Dude, it's Unearthed Arcana. That's Tunnel Fighter.
>>
>>52603707
There is no 'strongest', only filling different roles.

>Fighter Sorlock
Great pushback utility.
>Ranger
Great AoE damage.
>Fighter
Great single-target damage.
>Bard
Full casting while also archering.
>Gunsmith
... Just kidding, it's shit.
>Rogue
Like gunsmith, but better. Combine with haste for two sneak attacks per turn and DPS. Basically a 'rogue utilities' otherwise.

Fighter should use crossbow expert + sharpshooter and use hand crossbow.
Ranger should use sharpshooter, and either longbow or take crossbow expert and heavy crossbow.
Rogue should always use crossbow expert and hand crossbow.
Warlock should take agonizing blast and repelling blast.
>>
>>52604229
>>52603707
Oh, and, bard should take swift quiver and sharpshooter and probably use a longbow.

Though I'm not too sure about bard.
Also the ranger and bard only get their key points (Volley/swift quiver) later on.
>>
>>52604244
Haste is a strong contender with Swift Quiver for archery, especially if you go crossbow expert.
>>
>>52602993
flail snail
>>
>>52603400
>This shows that Melf's Minute Meteors and Investiture of flame will work,

That's retarded, anon. You clearly got your answer, you just don't like the answer.
>>
Could I get some encounter building advice beyond what is offered in the DMG?

The party I'm running for is currently a level 3 fighter, level 3 cleric, level 4 sorceror and a level 4 monk
>>
>>52605132
Kobold fight club
>>
>>52605060

>>52604295
Yeah, I guess so. Haste would be better if you have crossbow expert.

>>52605060
I never said horsecasting wasn't retarded, but I'm saying that it's wrong to say it doesn't work RAW Some spells of which are UA.
Thread posts: 394
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.