[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Clueless about 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1488595016546.png (865KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1488595016546.png
865KB, 1280x1280px
>love D&D's generic schlock high fantasy settings and the feeling of vastness in the established material, to a certain extent the "gameyness" of dungeon crawling and acquiring loot, etc
>in practice, find D&D 3.5, Pathfinder and especially 4E way too clunky and simulationist when I try to actually play them and a magnet for rules lawyers as a result
>never paid attention to 5e when it was being announced or released and even this far down the line I don't know a damn thing about it

D'you think 5E might actually be able to sell me on D&D, /tg/, or should I stick to more obscure systems? What's its 'deal'? Further down the "basically a very slow wargame" route 4E had or back towards something a bit more narrative/roleplay-ey like 3.5 was? I literally know nothing about the changes made.
>>
Fuck you and fuck your shit-tier bait thread.
>>
>>52584885
There's literally an entire general thread for D&D 5e every day, anon.
Maybe actually directing your questions there would be more productive?
>>
>>52584885
Just read the basic rules, they're free. Considering you're already experienced with other editions and systems you should be able to compare and contrast on your own.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules
>>
>>52584904
If I have an opinion that's different to yours and mention it in the OP, it's bait, then?
It's a legit question, you goon.
>>
>>52584885
5E is a mixture of the best parts of 2E, 3E and 4E. In some ways a return to older style gaming with simpler rules. You should give it a try. Mines of Phandelver is pretty good.
>>
>>52584885
>shitting on simulationism
>starting an entirely new thread to ask a retarded question
>blatantly trying to start ANOTHER edition wars thread
Holy fuck, just start wearing a trip please
Sage
>>
>>52586587
Thanks for legit giving me an answer rather than flipping your shit at someone for coming to a traditional games board to ask questions about traditional games.

You're my nigga.

>>52584944
This is also solid advice, I'm just a lazy asshole and wanted to hear some other thoughts first. I'll give it a look.
>>
>>52589963
You're getting troll answers because your post sounds like
>Hey everyone I was just thinking about all the reasons that 5e and specifically 5e would be really good for me and fit all of my wants and desires in a ttrpg but I'm not sure, what do you think, /tg/?
>>
It's watered down Fantasycraft with more support and less social focus.
>>
>>52592978
FantasyCraft is pretty good but if OP loves the game-ish feel, FC probably is going to strike him as too similar to PF in that regard.

Honestly, go 5e all the way, I was in a very similar situation to you and I've settled for 5e after trying it. I'm a particularly fan of how feats work compared to 3.5/PF, and of bounded accuracy. Then again you might not like these so the best thing you can do is see for yourself. Definitely give it a shot though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.