[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Chaos God of Sovereignty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Flag of the Micronational Chaos.png (13KB, 1152x690px) Image search: [Google]
Flag of the Micronational Chaos.png
13KB, 1152x690px
I don't know about you guys but I feel that there is one aspect of Chaos that is missing in Warhammer 40K that can be fulfilled by another God perhaps. I do not mean Chaos Undivided since that is just a mixture of everything nor Malice (or Malal).

What about a Chaos God of Sovereignty, Freedom, and Autonomy. When it comes to the other Chaos Gods: Khorne is the Chaos of endless bloodshed, Slaanesh is the Chaos of Hedonism, Nurgle is the Chaos of Decay, and Tzeentch is the Chaos of Change.

A God of Sovereignty or Freedom can relate to Tzeentch but unlike him, Tzeentch has scheming and perhaps a Tzeentch Daemon world is ruled by a cabal of sorcerers. The Chaos God of Sovereignty would openly oppose Tzeentch if one of Tzeentch's schemes oppose the sovereignty of a group of people for example.

A world run by the Chaos God of Sovereignty would be a fragmented world where many Microstates, numbering up to a million for each planet. The many Microstates fight, cooperate, and may stand for a varying degree of ideologies but all stand for one thing. A worship of the God of Sovereignty against any who try to control them.

This Chaos God might be more hated than the rest by the Imperium for his ideal galaxy is one where each planet is fragmented into many Microstates who form Confederations for cooperation without losing sovereignty. Each planet itself is govern by a Confederation of these Confederations more decentralized than the UN in our world. This forms a new Anti-Imperium where the governments are extremely decentralized and lacks the centralization of the Imperium of Man.

What do you think?
>>
File: Chaos Eye.jpg (52KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Eye.jpg
52KB, 600x800px
I can imagine this Chaos God would look very human and may even dress in a fancy military uniform like a Commissar of some kind. This is because the God-Emperor of Mankind is a Monarch and he is the Sovereign of the Imperium. The Chaos God of Sovereignty mocks the Imperium and his cultist all striving to make their Microstates dress up as government officials and soldiers. By being the representation of a decentralized and highly fragmented Anti-Imperium they dress and act as if they are legitimate governments and fight to make this so in the name of their Freedom.
>>
So, a libertarian chaos god?
>>
File: Chaos Undivided.jpg (33KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Undivided.jpg
33KB, 350x350px
Freedom to the followers of the Chaos God of Sovereignty slowly corrupts. Soon freedom turns from anarchy or Democracy into a twisted view that the Cultist Leaders have the Freedom to oppress others forming a Chaotic definition of Freedom and Autonomy to be the right to do what one wishes.

The Chaos God of Sovereignty himself may prefer one Microstates from his Cultist to others but strives to make as much as possible to empower himself and weaken his enemies.

A potential future event like 1/5 of the Imperium splitting from it and fragmenting into many factions can birth the Chaos God of Sovereignty similar to the Fall of the Eldar giving birth to Slaanesh.

The Chaos God of Sovereignty is hated by his fellow Gods. His constant fragmentation ends up infecting the followers of the other Chaos Gods where they might rebel against their own master in the name of more leeway or autonomy to their actions. This causes a more extreme infighting that may lead to bloodshed which helps Khorne or worse, extreme indecisiveness causing Chaos to lose battles.

In a sense the Chaos God of Sovereignty can be seen as an Improved version of Malice (or Malal) but instead of mindless self-destruction, he has more character.
>>
Sounds like what happens when a Slaaneshii and Tzneetchian cult hybridize to me.
>>
>>52577221
You can think of it like that, but the Chaos God of Sovereignty is so Chaotic that his Cultist making a Microstate might not even be Libertarians but be Communist, or a Self-Proclaimed Monarch, or Fascist, or any conceivable ideology. As long as it makes a Microstates that fragment the political order.
>>
>>52577264
In a sense all the Chaos Gods can relate in a way, Tzeentch and Nurgle are hated rivals but it is possible that one of Tzeentch's plan is to cause decay to a particular area.

Slaanesh and Khorne are hated rivals but Slaanesh's tortures can cause bloodshed, and the satisfaction of a great Khorne Warrior can please Slaanesh etc.
>>
Remember when the 4 Big Ones weren't monolothic entities that encompassed the entirety of the warp, but general shades in a swirling sea of infinite nuances? The best you'd ever get was a powerful demon that represented a certain aspect really really hard at that singular moment.
>>
This Chaos God can be the least cruel yet least rewarding compared to his other fellow Gods.

His most powerful Champions and Daemon Princes would be put in command of a Confederation of many Thousand Microstates who will be extremely difficult to govern and are quite inefficient.

At the same time those who fail him would have their states reduced in size or perhaps taken to an Imperial world with the task of fragmenting that.

Due to his recent birth and lack of resources. The Chaos God of Sovereignty has no Chaos Space Marines of his own at the moment and depends on nothing but Cultist and transforming captured enemies who refuse to join him into Chaos Spawn.
>>
>>52577418
If he simply kills or removes a failed Aspiring Champion that is one less potential Microstate or Faction to Hold Sovereignty over an area, so he is oddly more caring about the lives of his followers in order to strengthen himself.
>>
File: Chaos Star Khorne.jpg (97KB, 640x554px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Star Khorne.jpg
97KB, 640x554px
>>
>>52577113
Sounds like a massive waste of time for anyone seeking power or control as your God will actively be working against your attempts to conquer anything. Such contentious worlds would easily be overrun and destroyed by the greater forces of Chaos or by the united forces of the galactic Imperium of Man.
>>
>>52577113

I'll be honest: it sounds boring as fuck. It barely ranks above a Chaos God of Office Politics in badassery. Even Malal is better than this, and Malal is only ever liked for hipster reasons.

Moreover I think this would all fall within Tzeentch's (vaster and more interesting) sphere anyway.
>>
>>52579482
The way he frames it sounds like a god of "freedom at any cost", which is self-contradictory due to it including the freedom to rob others of freedom.

And yeah, a massive anarchyball kind of falls under Tzeentch/Slaanesh and would get rolled by any modestly-organized warband.
>>
>>52577113
Sovereignty is not an emotion.
>>
>>52579023
>Chaos Star Khorne
>Tzeentch symbol in the middle
>>
>>52577113
>Chaos god
>of Microstates and federations
Wanna know how I know you're autistic?
>>
File: Tzeentch Kike.png (28KB, 490x585px) Image search: [Google]
Tzeentch Kike.png
28KB, 490x585px
>>52583280
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.