[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark souls as a setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Dark Souls Compendium.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls Compendium.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
So I already know about the existence of the dark souls compendium for 5e, but I would like to find out if anyone has made a compilation of the world lore for tabletop or at least put together more enemies for DS3
>>
DS has lore?
>>
>>52571977
Dark souls 3, and to a lesser extent 2, shat up the lore though.
>>
File: 1445033026567.jpg (16KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
1445033026567.jpg
16KB, 234x216px
>>52572142
This has to be a joke.
>>
>>52572163
2 was so bad the original creator came back, made a band-aid of a game that is 3, and put a cease and desist on any future Dark Souls games. 3 works well as a direct continuation on the lore of 1, and almost completely ignores 2's canon outside of a handful of homages, like the Dranlake set.
>>
>>52572250
I wouldn't go that far. Three at least acknowledges the existence of the cycle that was put forth in two.
>>
>>52572250
I still think the dlc ending was interesting and went on from the first one's story, but the worldbuilding was much worse and is best ignored.
>>
>>52571977

For setting lore, I'd say choose one of the games and use what lore that one game gives you.

I've only played DS1 & 3, but unless you're wanting to go out beyond the areas the games give you, the names of kingdoms, orders/covenants, etc. are there to give a sense of a world. If you're wanting to tread beyond in-game areas, I'd say just go apeshit.
>>
>>52572250
At least tell it like it was
>2 was so bad the original creator came back
...and mercikilled the series it with a game that was objectively worse.
>>
>>52572163
>>52572250
>>52572282
>>52572454
>>52572715
Stop this fuckery right now. I don't give a shit which one was worse, 2 or 3. Nobody gives a shit. It's also off topic. Besides, DS 1 was the worst and DeS the best.
>>
>>52572755
Thankfully, this shitgame has nothing to do with DS
>>
>>52572838
okay
>>
>>52572747
>Dragon God
>Shields that worked as they did
>Blight Town 0.5
Are you talking about Demon's Souls or some other game, because that was worse than DS1.
>>
>>52571977

Based on plate armor and a shield Berenkie Knight should have 20 AC instead of 16

Iron Golem has a 3d6+5 Great Axe attack even though Great Axes are normally a d12, so with Brute it would be 2d12+5 making that far better than 3d6+5. Then again, with the poor wording I don't know if Brute is already factored into the 3d6 or not. Also with crappy saves Iron Golem gets eaten by mages.

Is Magical Origins already factored into Moonlight Butterfly damage or not? Why is Soul Missle range 5 feet or 60/120?

For Belltower Gargoyles to cut off their tails is that 30 damage before or after their damage resistance?

Prowling Demons can be kited by a level 1 mage

Darkwraiths CR 8s can hilariously solo Black Knights CR12s

Black Knights, their weapons specifically state they are fuckhuge on purpose because they fought fuckhuge monsters so what's with the piddly damage? Comparatively all other CR 12 monsters BTFO the Black Knights.

Sif does radiant damage because the author needed to make up extra damage

Ornstein's legendary actions are pretty bad - Swift Dodge only activates on a hit and isn't the multiattack killer it's supposed to be and Fallen Comrade is usable only once by both Orstein and Smaugh making it a one time legendary action when in the game it was something that automatically happened (Ornstein should also have 40 more HP because the author can't into math)

Smaugh hilariously can be controlled through Dominate Person as he only has a crappy +1 WIS save.

Seath's breath attack apparently reduces your HP for forever and somehow has damage resistant to ALL SPELLS but contradicts itself immediately with damage vuln fire and lightning (does the resistance and vulnerability cancel each other out?)

Bed of Chaos has no stat block

Why is Artorias size medium?

Hilariously a lot of the 'boss' creatures have abysmally low dex saves so monks can keep them on their ass the entire fight
>>
>>52572755
>>52572838
>>52572922
lol I just saw dark and clicked the thing. My bad.
>>
I just want some rules and stats for Pathfinder Versions of DS stuff.
>>
>>52573068
>Bed of Chaos has no stat block
DA MEME
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.