[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the Tyranid made by the Old Ones to wipe the galaxy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1365687975140.jpg (639KB, 1481x977px) Image search: [Google]
1365687975140.jpg
639KB, 1481x977px
Were the Tyranid made by the Old Ones to wipe the galaxy?
>>
>>52567268
No.
>Old ones actually loved seeding new worlds with life, making one to leave the galaxy empty makes no sense
>Necrons can sense "old one" tampering in the tau, but not tyranids
>Nothing suggests a link
>Old lore states nids have been around since almost the start of the universe
>More recent lore states they have consumed multiple galaxies
>>
My idea: The Tyranids are old ones that travelled to another galaxy and were consumed by an alien parasite.
>>
>>52568360
What why? Why would a parasite consuming a frog man make the tyranids?
>>
>>52567268
You sure it's not just one of the titles given to them by others?

I seem to recall some older fluff piece saying that the Emperor ruled over humanity by the will of the gods or something like that (something people bring up when defending current fluff saying he stole his power from Chaos).
>>
>>52568552
He saw too much Prometheus.
>>
Pretty sure Tyranids are just a metaphor for inevitability. The Nids can't be stopped, they can't be defeated (permanently) and they move towards the goal of wiping out all life in the galaxy. It's inevitable that they will devour everything.
>>
>>52568143
>>Necrons can sense "old one" tampering in the tau, but not tyranids
how can tau be done by the old ones if they are a young race? Were they cavemen for all those years?
>>
>>52568690
The theory is while the Tau homeworld was cut off from the galaxy by a huge warpstorm the Old Ones may have tampered with them to raise them up to the level they are now, it's an explanation for how they have developed their tech to such a degree so fast, and also the existence of their tightly knit caste group and the Etherals
>>
>>52568718
ahh the ethereals being sent by the old ones? Kind of makes sense in a way and i think it was implied they are very strange and all, but aren't old ones dead ?The warpstorm happened after imperium saw the tau irc, how can old ones have to do with it?
>>
>>52568690
sorry not the old ones, the old ones children, its implied eldar uplifted them
>>
>>52568765
ah sure, thank you
>>
>>52568750
It used to be canon that there were a couple known Old Ones in the galaxy, and there might have been more in the Easyern Fringe who the Imperium didn't know about.
>>
>>52568804
Fuck you for lying.
>>
>>52567268
My understanding was that the Orks were created as a last-ditch effort to make it so that the galaxy could NEVER be wiped out, with the primary threat being the c'tan/necrons. The tyranids were something else entirely and something unexpected.

I guess its possible that the Old Ones moved from place to place trying to create something that can stop the tyranids, and that they are the original threat to all existence in the entire universe ... but I don't think any lore for that has really been written (well tyranids are seen as a huge threat to all existence, but their link to the Old Ones is non-existent as far as I'm aware).

>also 10+ year old lore so sue me if its all changed.
>>
>>52567268
No

that's probably another one of those hypothesis like "they are running from a bigger fish" inserted only to add a semblance of mistery
>>
Well interesting thing is they create a shadow in the warp that presumably calms the warp.
Like a lot of xenos in the setting there seems to be a trend of factions that nullify Chaos merely by existing. In some cases by design.
>>
>>52567268
The Tyranids are the ultimate wrench in the works, a threat from an unexpected vector that few looked looked to or factored into their aims for the galaxy - from without.
>>
>>52569537
>that presumably calms the warp.
it's the opposite: they scream so much into it that nothing else gets through
>>
>>52568765
weren't there also implications they were biologically related to the necrontyr (do we ever get to see what a tau skull actually looks like, compared to a necron?) as well, given their almost complete lack of psychic presence?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.