[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Humanity The Perfect Slave Race?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1491271152882.jpg (39KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
1491271152882.jpg
39KB, 440x300px
Think about it,

>we have godlike stamina,
>we are short-lived and would take well to a eugenics program,
>the vast majority of us take what we're told at face value as long as it's from a trusted source,
>as long as our basic needs are met, the vast majority of us aren't ambitious enough to attempt to change our position,
>and we're still intelligent enough to follow basic orders.

This concept hit me like lightning while I was moving slabs of concrete as a favor to my neighbor. What does /tg/ think?
>>
Only if it's not too abusive and we have the illusion of freedom.

AKA: Wage Slavery, not Chatel Slaver
>>
>>52562395
All races are slave races. There are immutable universal constants that will always bind us.
>>
you see, that perspective is only from our limited human view.
To an alien race we could have god awful stamina but an incredible life span.
>>
>>52562439

Yes, but this could be said about any assumption of humanity in relation to extraterrestrial life, which is boring and not as fun to discuss. And don't mean to powerwank, but I'd like to see an alien species that could outpace a species that evolved specifically around persistence hunting.
>>
>>52562395
Since we have nothing to compare beyond made up races I say no, because we don't know what are others and fictional setting can construct any kind of race.

Other species may be completely alien toward concept of freedom or slavery.

Maybe there is some insect hive like species (not mistake with hive mind) what at some point figured out that can use massive number of produced members of worker or warrior caste as trade good since they will work as same as part of new hive only for new masters.
>>
>>52562395
And they are not using robots for that because?
>>
>>52562395
>>we are short-lived and would take well to a eugenics program,

Take too long to reproduce and reach reproductive age. Also inbreeding is very much more dangerous for us, because of a near-extinction event in our past.
>>
>>52562395
This isn't exactly a revelation. Throughout all human civilizations a majority of the people were slave class. It's still like that. Humans are retarded.
>>
>>52562395
In GURPS Reign of Steel, this is exactly what several of the Zoneminds have concluded. Humanity is much safer to keep around than a robotic servant race.
>>
>>52562894

But look at African Americans, it took only 300 years of primitive eugenics to generate a muscular human subrace.
>>
>>52563480
I'm not suggesting we can't be bred for something, but it's very much harder with humans, making us poor candidates for eugenics.
>>
>>52562518
>And don't mean to powerwank, but I'd like to see an alien species that could outpace a species that evolved specifically around persistence hunting.
Fun fact: We think evolutionary fitness might be strongly correlated to available competition. Notably, when North and South America collided, a lot of the South went extinct and almost none of it colonized North, whereas very little of North went extinct and a lot of it drifted rather successfully on South. The generally assumed reason for this is that North was larger and much more recently attached to the rest of the world, and thus had a much larger arena to git gud in.

Therefore, if a species evolved on a larger or more integrated planet, there's some reason to believe it might kick the shit out of similar niches on smaller or more compartmentalized worlds.

>>52562866
>And they are not using robots for that because?
It's inhumane to create a robot just to fulfill a menial function. Breeding sapient races to turn mills for you and pour your space wine is far more civilized!

Trust me on this, I'm a space eel.
>>
>>52562435
such as?
>>
>>52562395
Compared to what though? Lack of information results in "Depends on the setting" answer.
>>
>>52563621
>y-yeah b-but muh humanity fuck yeah reddit threads ;_;
>>
>>52562894
>Also inbreeding is very much more dangerous for us, because of a near-extinction event in our past
I now kinda wanna do a HFY now that casts humans as some sort of super welcoming hillbillies compared to the galactic norm. For all our aggressive and self destructive nature it pales compared to the ruthlessness and evil that the other races exhibit, with even the most benevolent species displaying not so much friendliness but rather benign indifference.

Humans by comparison are like extremely welcoming and friendly mountain folk who invite strangers in then proceed to throw a big party during which all the family get drunk, half brawl with themselves, and the other half try to sleep with everyone else. In the morning all is forgiven and no one really asks too many questions when babies are born 9 months later.

Sometimes the various families feud rather nastily but the opposing families are willing to stop when outsiders enter the mountain valley and cause trouble to drive them out. Afterwards is another big party then the feud resumes the day after. If you're an outsider but you "marry" into the family then you are considered family, now and forever.

Alien outcasts eventually wind up in human space because no one will take them in but the humans. The aliens don't always adjust well to the unsettling friendliness (by galactic standards) and some never integrate but those that do are viewed as just "strange uncle Jeb" or "whacky aunt Z'Zgackk" by the humans.

Humans are even one of the few species that uplifted some of their planets native Fauna and treat them as just more relatives as opposed to slave races or exterminating them when the uplifts expressed any sign of wanting freedom.
>>
File: YeahFuckHumanity.png (218KB, 1169x1254px) Image search: [Google]
YeahFuckHumanity.png
218KB, 1169x1254px
Humans are for breeding
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.