[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 players, No DM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 2 players no dm.jpg (22KB, 256x179px) Image search: [Google]
2 players no dm.jpg
22KB, 256x179px
How would you do this?
>>
Take turns being DM
>>
File: aniki2.jpg (2KB, 125x92px) Image search: [Google]
aniki2.jpg
2KB, 125x92px
>>52562168
without pants
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb75TpU31wk
>>
>>52562168

Unforgotten Realms, man. Turn-taking shenanigans ahoy.
>>
>>52562190

Mah nigga
>>
File: DSCN1310.jpg (283KB, 1600x1200px)
DSCN1310.jpg
283KB, 1600x1200px
Two-player battle books (Lost World, Queen's Blade, Ace of Aces...)

Maybe a dice-generated dungeon like those single-player paper dungeoncrawlers
>>
>>52562178

This. Each player DMs for the other.
>>
>>52562168

You've got options.

For one you can use a GM emulator to run almost any system, though interpreting its results takes some getting used to.
You can find several of them in this other anon's mediafire, along with a bunch of solo games, some of which support two players.
(I know B-17 Queen of the Skies is ostensibly solo, but a lot of folks used to play in concert with each person running their own bomber and crew -- I've heard wargame conventions used to have huge games recreating the allied bombing campaign over Europe)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1ecybp6dp8rix/SoloTG

There are also dedicated GMless games you could play. The Department is a hybrid skirmish wargame/RPG about detectives tracking down robotic criminals a la Blade Runner, and supports two-player co-op.

https://mega.nz/#!RVEWWKDQ!ZS6hy6-iO3IEWtIrsj7R1tcMAlXaAl-wVcIbbsozWzw

There's also pretty much the whole library of Two Hour Wargames stuff, which is likewise mostly RPG/wargame hybrids. Everything they put out supports solo and same-side against their enemy rules. The editing's not the best, so it's a little annoying to learn for the first time without someone to teach you, but it's doable. (I did it) The core rules are Chain Reaction 2015, in the Free stuff. Pretty much everything else in here is built around that core.

https://mega.nz/#F!9R8G2aQb!g-dZXkyCmkrljzH60tZEhQ
>>
>>52562190
Goddamn, so many fucking memories just came flooding back to me.
>>
>>52562248
Ah man. Is there an official name for this kind of thing? I remember way back when there was a set of these for 40k, featuring something like Kal Jerico fighting Kharn the Betrayer or something.
>>
>>52562643
Old edition D&D called it head-to-head or one-on-one
>>
>>52562643
Ace of Aces, Queen's Blade and Lost Worlds all call themselves some variation of "combat book game with pictures"
No unified term though
>>
Random encounter tables.
All of the random encounter tables.
>>
>>52562168
Characters are rivals. They keep talking up what they're capable of:

> I could take the goblin keep singlehandedly!
> Oh yeah? Well find me one with hobgoblins!
> Pfeh, hobgoblins are nothing. Maybe if they had a necromancer it'd be a real challenge.
> I'd like to see you try that.
> MAYBE I WILL.

And then the guy who just chickened out DM's a one-off where the other guy tries to take on a hobgoblin keep with a necromancer.
>>
1e DMG
>random encounter tables
>random wilderness generators
>random treasure/loot generators (5e is good at this too)
>random dungeon generator
>>
Just take turns blowing each other
>>
>>52563496

Epic post, upboat +1
>>
>>52563496
That's gay, mike.
>>
>>52563496
I roll to bite
>>
>>52563983
This is how you roll to bite.
>>
>>52562168
Play Silver Tower or some other game without a DM.
>>
File: 1448401062971.jpg (61KB, 560x560px)
1448401062971.jpg
61KB, 560x560px
>>52562180
Holy shit nostalgia
>>
>>52562248
>Queen's Blade
I'm still amazed that this became an officially endorsed product. Didn't the daughter of the Lost World creator work on some QB books?
>>
>>52565366
Wikipedia mentions something of the sort but cites no source.
>>
File: icon.jpg (42KB, 750x600px)
icon.jpg
42KB, 750x600px
>>52562168
JOIN THE EMPORE AND HIS SIDE AND JOIN THE SPACE MARHRINES!
>>
>>52565464
I found an interview with Jill Leonardi. It starts at 2:41 if the timestamp doesn't work right.
https://youtu.be/H8-TZNlk1YI?t=2m41s

tl;dr Hobby Japan had already been making Queen's blade games based on the Lost worlds system when Alfred Leonardi (the creator) found out about it. He just says "whatever this is cool" and contacts Hobby Japan to talk about royalties for the system and designing new characters. Alfred Retires and his daughter steps up and continues designing characters alongside the Japanese character concepts.

She sounds very enthusiastic when pressed on what she thinks about Queen's Blade as a franchise.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.