[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Humble Bundle - $8 for all 10 Horus Heresy books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

An uncharacteristically good deal from GeeDubs. They're all eBooks, but still...

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/horus-heresy-warhammer-book-bundle?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Horus_Heresy_Black_Library_Announce_Boost
>>
These are just pdfs, right?
>>
>>52555297
Sadly yes. But $15 gets you all 15 books and some extra stuff too.
>>
>>52554599
Any anons that can tell me if this series is worth picking up? Will it give me a good grasp of the lore?
>>
>>52556006
No, it's mostly drivel that shits on established lore and the spirit of 40k. There are a few books that are decent, but good lord they aren't worth the atrocities committed for them.
>>
So which are the good books?
>>
>>52557208
Of those in the bundle:

Top Tier:
Horus Rising, A Thousand Sons, Prospero Burns, The First Heretic

Good Tier: False Gods, Galaxy in Flames, Flight of the Eisenstein, Fulgrim, Legion,

Mediocre Tier: Mechanicum, Nemesis

Heresy Tier: Descent of Angels, Battle for the Abyss, Fallen Angels

Tales of Heresy is an anthology so YMMV

Though since $15 is the cost of like, 1 book I'd say go for it unless you have a high standard for literature.
>>
I picked it up, only read the first three books absolutely ages ago. For such a cheap price, why not. They'll be good trash to read on holidays, on a plane, etc
>>
>>52557652

If you find any enjoyment in them, I'd also recommend grabbing Chris Wraight's White Scars work, even if you aren't into the legion. Probably some of the best books in the series, even in a vaccuum.
>>
Do I have to ready the books in order or can I just pick up one thats interesting?
>>
>>52554599
>An uncharacteristically good deal from GeeDubs
Not as good as it would appear. It's the first three books of the HH series and a big stack of garbage. Though 3 for $8 still isn't too bad though if you don't mind wasting all the extra space on the extraneous shit.
>>
>>52558718

Well the cover price is all this stuff is what, like $300? If someone said they'd give you $300 of models or Codeces or some combination thereof for $15, would you walk away from it because it's wasn't 100% for your preferred faction?
>>
>>52561435
Wow anon you take the prize for most retarded person of the day.
>>
File: sadork300x246.jpg (24KB, 300x246px) Image search: [Google]
sadork300x246.jpg
24KB, 300x246px
Are Orkz present in any of these books?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.