[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking 3.5 Core

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1485831533479.jpg (282KB, 772x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1485831533479.jpg
282KB, 772x1476px
So, despite my firm opposition, my group has started a 3.5 campaign of forgotten realms D&D.

Even though they're familiar with 4e and 5e, they are convinced that 3.x is a fun and balanced system comparable or even superior to earlier and later editions. The group itself is pretty (by /tg/ standards) fucking casual, with some party members actually convinced that Monks are OP and martials are stronger than casters in many respects.

Since the DM is insistent on using core materials, all the shit I normally could use to derail a game by level 3 and move on to a better system isn't present.

I know these dudes in real life and am friends with them so I can't just tell them they're fucking idiots for thinking caster supremacy doesn't exist, so what are some fun and not obviously overt ways I can run away with the campaign? If I'm going to be stuck playing it I may as well have my character become a god among men.

I'm pretty sure at least one of them reads if not posts on this site so I'll be vague at least to start, but I'm playing a spontaneous arcane caster and the entire party is level 1

Besides Alter Self, Polymorph and Leadership are there any other absurdly broken RAW interactions to look out for? The last time I played 3.5 was in a heroes of horror setting, so I'm not super fresh on all the SRD shit
>>
>>52545678
why not just play a cleric or druid or wizard, why a fucking sorcerer of all things
they're only okay
>>
>>52545729
They had no face and I initially thought it would just be for a session or two not a long running thing. Also I'm mildly retarded hence coming here for advice
>>
In a pure core game I think almost every absurdly overpowered feature ends up as a druid class feature if you really wanted to go all out. I don't see why you wouldn't just sit out the game if you don't like it though. Sorcerers aren't really overpowered in any case
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 540x405px
>My friends made a decision I don't like, so how can I powergame 3.5 better to make their experience unenjoyable and cause them regret.

Instead of enjoying the time spent with your friends, or engaging in rational adult discussion of a systems flaws, you choose this path. The path of shitting on them.

Once again OP was a faggot. Sage for not giving this sad asshole a bump.
>>
>>52545678
Druid, Animal domain Cleric(ESPECIALLY at level 17), Conjuration spammer Wizards or Sorcs. Grease is an encounter breaker against anything heavily armored/big and reliant on melee, remember that you can't move without taking a Reflex save AND a Balance check plus it automatically flat-foots you if you don't have at least 5 ranks of Balance.

Metamagic rods of any good metamagic feat are worth their weight in gold.
>>
>>52547301
To me it looks like OP is only a faggot because people aren't trying to meet him halfway and aren't trying to run anything else at the same time. I've had to tell my friends to fuck off and stop bothering me about joining their 5E campaigns dozens of times, and trust me, explaining why I hate that game and why it fucking sucks for me did nothing to make people understand.
>>
>>52545678
Tell them to fuck off with Core Only bullshit and that they should run a T3, T4 only campaign so nobody steals the spotlight or is useless

Also, Diplomacy RAW breaks the game
>>
File: 1457734202802.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1457734202802.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>52545678
sounds like you are just being a cunt
>>
File: 018926d4132b1fe038db524fd15a9378.png (725KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
018926d4132b1fe038db524fd15a9378.png
725KB, 1000x1000px
>>52545678
Don't be such an asshat to your group. Grow up and try to enjoy the game regardless of the rules. If you feel that you can't have fun, then get the fuck off that group and let them have their fun. Don't you go ruining it.
>>
>>52545678
So your group is playing a game they enjoy and your DM is putting in the work to craft this campaign for you and all you want to do is shit all over it because it's badwrongfun. You're definitely That Guy.

It's one thing to have an aversion to a system. If my friends decided they wanted to run a game of FATAL I'd tell them point blank to get fucked, but I'll point out that you don't need your game night to live, so you're not "stuck" playing shit. If you don't want to play it don't fucking play it. These people are supposed to be your friends, so don't plot to kick and scream and take your ball home with you like a petulant child.

3.5 is a broken system by even the most generous of metrics, to be sure. Every single system is broken at some level, but almost all of them manage to be fun when there's not some asshole (e.g. you) plotting to ruin everyone else's night.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.