[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best system for modern corporate crime, from white collar to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1485962489030-wg.jpg (321KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485962489030-wg.jpg
321KB, 1280x720px
Best system for modern corporate crime, from white collar to killing for profit? Not necessarily Mafia-esque, but larger than Life organizations are definitely in play. GURPS is already on the table, but the grogs know best.
>>
GURPS
>>
From the systems I've played, I'd say GURPS is your best bet. That flexibility to go from market engineering to piano wire is what you'd need.
>>
Okay, so at least I'm confident about the choice, then. Has anyone been able to work with the combat rules to provide a more streamlined experience than rolling to hit and location separately, like degrees of success determining it?

How do you present the large list of situational modifiers to your players best? I know mine will like gunplay, but the GURPS turn order is already very detail oriented.
>>
>>52536652
>Okay, so at least I'm confident about the choice, then. Has anyone been able to work with the combat rules to provide a more streamlined experience than rolling to hit and location separately, like degrees of success determining it?

what

>but the GURPS turn order is already very detail oriented.

wat
>>
>>52536652
You can just... aim at specific parts of the body, you know.
>>
>>52536652
If you're not aiming for a specific body part, then you're assumed to hit the torso.
>>
>>52540202
Not if you announce you want to hit a random hit location first. Either you call a location, random or torso. If you don't say anything, it's normally just torso.
>>
>>52536480
Any BRP or BRP adjacent system. Delta Green would be my first choice.
>>
If you're going with GURPS, stick to the Action series for more simplified, straightforward, and cinematic action.
>>
>>52536652
>How do you present the large list of situational modifiers to your players best?

You tell them which modifiers you'll allow before the campaign starts. When they begin whining, you tell them you've limited the modifiers so a 45 second gun fight doesn't take 45 minutes on the table.

The biggest problem with GURPS isn't the GURPS system itself. The biggest problem are the min/max munchkins who INSIST on using EVERYTHING the games offers.

You're supposed to pick and choose. You're supposed to only what you really need. You're not supposed to use EVERY rule in EVERY book.

If GURPS is still a problem because your players simply cannot give up their 285 pages of combat modifiers, you may want to look at Leverage.
>>
>>52540285

I just don't play with hit location rules turned on unless a player specifically calls a shot.

I have a little list of combat modifiers, but once you've been playing for a while you can just eyeball it.

The games only complicated if you make it so. For corporate crime, combat doesn't matter as much anyway. How many people did the Enron execs physically attack?
>>
>>52542729

This. The basic set gives you the option to run things very simply, but some people need a PDF to give them "permission" to actually do it.
>>
>>52540285
Random hit locations are only meant to be used for things like stray shots, poorly aimed/wild swing attacks, etc.

The standard attack is to the centre of mass/torso, unless the player chooses to attack a hit location.
>>
>>52546948
It also explicitly covers opportunistic attacks to whatever area presents itself. Players can select a hit location or they can roll. My group assumes the default is the Torso for -0 unless the player says otherwise.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.