[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We March For Terra!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: Pre-unification Terra.jpg (188KB, 1094x731px) Image search: [Google]
Pre-unification Terra.jpg
188KB, 1094x731px
Given a lul in-between campaigns I've had a think about a setting in the Warhammer 40k universe that I think hasn't been touched upon to a great extent, and one which, not I've sunk my claw into it, I wish to explore more and more. This setting, is the Unification of Terra.
As the glitteringly savage Thunder Warriors march from the depths of the Emperor's underground labs, resplendant in golden armour, ready to rip Terra from the wretched, corrupt hands of the techno-barbarian states. To be faced with endless hordes of mind-slaved enemy footsoldiers battling through the carcass' of the cities left behind after the Old Night, archeotech weapons carving lightning and darkfire blasts through the air. All to reunite the world for the glory of the Master of Mankind Himself.

Rhetoric aside, I was inspired by pic related, and while I understand it's fan-made and probably not entirely canon, I can't pass up the chance to explore this 'possible timeline' So far I've almost completed a base-outline for the Ursh Empire (Seeing as that'd be the first place that would be invaded thanks to them surrounding the Himalayan Fortress) And I've got a vague idea of how to stat up a Thunder Warrior, but I thought I'd put the idea to the floor and see if anyone wanted to trade notes, inform or contribute in some constructive way.
>>
File: Thunder Warrior Squad.jpg (132KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder Warrior Squad.jpg
132KB, 1024x512px
Now I understand that there are rules for Mk1 Power Armour in the Rites of Battle book, they also mention in notation that both the strength bonus given, and the weight of the armour vary. The former, depending on the specific use the suit had, and the latter on how much leg armour was given. But what would cause such variation? Were there different varients of suits for different kinds of Thunder Warrior? I didn't even think there were any variations on the standard "I get in close and kill shit" kind of Thunder Warrior.

Makes me wonder about the kind of vehicles and tech the TW armies had avaliable to them as well, since I can't find anything on it myself.
>>
File: Thunder Warrior.jpg (3MB, 2900x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder Warrior.jpg
3MB, 2900x3000px
I will admit it's a lot of fun world-building considering there's so little fluff to go off of. Vague mentions of certain nation-states, leaders and locations gives me a lot of freedom, but I thought it's be fun to let you guys wade in on the subject itself as well.
>>
Are you talking like... a homebrew modification similar to 30K?
Except, y'know. 29K. Or something
>>
>>52524182
Pretty much, homebrew based off of deathwatch, expect as TW's you'd have more strength and toughness, but less/different extra organ implants that a normal SM would have. 29k-era weapons, armour etc.

I know it's a lot of work considering the lack of information but I just thought it seemed like a good idea.
>>
File: Thunder Warrior Armoury.jpg (54KB, 749x960px) Image search: [Google]
Thunder Warrior Armoury.jpg
54KB, 749x960px
See I was thinking about an end-goal as-well. Because, say the players manage to get to the end of the campaign, Terra is united under the banner of mankind, and yet, they themselves now have to be purged. Using whatever methods at his disposal the Emperor has all the TW's killed when they've unified Terra. So after all that hardship and struggle to bring the cradle of humanity under the yoke of the Man/God that you rever so much, you're now fighting for your life as He/His personal guardians purge you and your brothers, despite everything you've done for him.

There is also the question of the psyker mutation, did the TW's have Librarians? Were they genetically purged and not allowed? If they were, that'd mean creating some cool, vicious psyker powers that perhals took more of a toll on the TW's body and mind, but caused a lot more devestation as a result.
>>
>>52523995
The nobledark AU threads have a pretty developed history of the unification, but it's melded with the origins for their primarchs, which are like the vanilla ones if they were superhuman generals that earned their titles instead of superhuman man children with daddy issues
>>
>>52524777
Thunder Warriors seem less organized than Space Marines. I'm guessing that any Psykers they had were probably used as strategic assets.
>>
>>52531054
Pyskers were pretty 'new' during the great crusade hence the council of Nikea, it's unlikely there were any on Terra during the unification besides Emp himself
>>
>>52524777
The Emperor had non thunder warriors fight for him as well, the Thunder Warriors were just his elites.
>>
>>52523995
GW truly shit the bed by adding lore for pre-Imperium Terra. Stop ruining people's custom lore with your unnecessary lore diarrhoea! I hope it stays ignored and is never expanded upon.
>>
File: Forty K.png (122KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
Forty K.png
122KB, 292x257px
>>52532751
>Stop ruining other people lore with your lore!

You sound a little butthurt m8
>>
File: Emprah's deadly new toys.jpg (57KB, 210x969px) Image search: [Google]
Emprah's deadly new toys.jpg
57KB, 210x969px
>>52523995
You know that map is pretty shit, right?

But still, "29K" is a pretty cool era, just remember that there's a lot of nasty shit floating about - rad-weapons, archeotech, gene-warriors and witches - you can see that by combing the legion history sections of the FW HH books, and Inferno's Custodes section was also pretty helpful
>>
File: Arik Taranis.jpg (40KB, 675x940px) Image search: [Google]
Arik Taranis.jpg
40KB, 675x940px
>>52533627
Yeah it is a bit of a terrible source, but it's giving me enough ideas to create my own campaign, at least country by country, and I've been going through some of the other audiobooks and HH novels too for inspiration.

That is why though, countless examples of archeotech that any enemy of the Emperor would happily use to try and quell his conquest. I've been writing about some of the depraved monsters the Empire of Ursh would happily unleash on an unsuspecitng band of Thunder Warriors. Think I might do the Yndonesic-Bloc next.

The idea of the increased threat of random wandering witches is something I hadn't considered before as well. Maybe a random encounter could be a conclave in a mountain village somewhere where a load of them have been hiding from society.

Maybe even a segment where some Thunder Warriors decided to turn on the Emperor and join another country? Or would that be too far-fetched considering their genetic loyalty?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.