[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magical Shells/Ammo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1.jpg (95KB, 800x564px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
95KB, 800x564px
Ok, I need you guys.

I'm a DM, and one of my players have a characters that imbue the essence of magical items into shells, to then fire them thru a rifle (similar to the one of Irvine from FF 8).

Sometimes the effect of these magical shells will be obvious
>Using a minor orb of fire will generate a magical fire explosion

Sometimes the effect would be less obvious
>Using a ring of possession to make the people caught by the shell to execute every order they'll receive for X turns, but the explosion would be so big to also caught the wielder.

sometimes the guy would be so stupid to imbue magical items without knowing its true nature, so I may need you to generate various effects, NOT too much random (sadly it doesn't have the same potential as random potions effects) Ok to self harming effects, also, if you want to think about the original magical artifact linked to the imbued effect you are free to do that as well.

Do your worst.
>>
>>52523537
Dear OP.
Fuck you.
t. Who the fuck is Meepo, and Murlynd and the adventure to barrier peaks.
Additionally, fuck you, Ravenloft and Murlynds paladins.

You faggot lrn sum lore.
>>
>>52524352
The settings isn't d&d, so isn't the system. Go throw yourself in a pit, anon.
>>
>>52524501
Add a Gunblade whilst you at it, and Reloading breast physics and decked out ammunition sacc Feminine balls on that one psychopath Billy the Kid Shota.
>>
>>52523537
>Jackhammer
>Infusion: 2x fire, 3x metal
>Effect: after the first impact, the shell explodes, then launches straight vertically to a significant height, then freefalls to earth where it explodes *again*, launching yet *another* vertical shot which, again, freefalls to earth for a third, terminal explosion.
>"When you absolutely, positively have to crush whatever you are aiming at."
>>
>>52524644
Isn't this too much of an exageration? I just made the Irvine comparison to make it easier to visualize, I'm just speaking about a normal shotgun no need to be a faggot about it. Nobody is going full FF.

>>52524670
Thank you very much, if you have more ideas, feel free to post them.
>>
File: skeletonize.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
skeletonize.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
You could go the Outlaw Star route and have a small number of rounds with incredibly powerful properties that come at the cost of hurting the user in some permanent, debilitating way, eventually killing them once all are used.

Also you could have one that basically skeletonizes an opponent, raising a skeleton from their bones if it kills them. You could think about working some sort of support type shells too, ones that heal or shield their targets with some sort of magic repellant dust.

You could find a cursed item like a coin, load it up in a shell and fire it into an enemy, embedding the cursed item into their flesh and releasing whatever properties that curse has on them.

These are bad ideas but this is a fun premise and you should pursue it despite any shitposts you may receive.
>>
>>52525257
Thanks for the ideas man, they were actually quite helpful, I may take a look to my Magic collection to get some ideas about more effects, maybe even taking into account Artifacts.

Also, thank you for the support.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
BOOM Swanshot
>>
>>52525879
perhaps healing munitions?

one case I read about was a man with an enchanted crossbow who'd fire "bolts of scrying" made from crystal balls into areas and observe what went on from a safe distance before making a move.
>>
>>52523537
What system/setting are you using, or is it all homebrew?

If we knew the answer, we could better tailor suggestions to the tone, themes, and power level.
>>
>>52529193
"Look, I'm going to shoot you, but I promise it'll be good for you, I swear"
>>
>>52530893
Fate Core, with some addition to define elemental affinity For Magic and stuff Like that. Even if you don't Know the System it's ok, it's easy to convert an idea to a game mechanic.
>>
you should check out the bullet editor in the god eater series OP, it's literally what you want
>>
>>52536267
You mean the videogame?
>>
>>52523537
I know you're not using 3rd Ed, but check out the PDF of Ultimate Combat for Pathfinder, the magical items for the gunslinger can give you some ideas.
>>
>>52539676
I hope I can convert the system properly.
>>
>>52523537
I've seen that Castle episode so many times, I can recall almost the whole plot
>>
File: OutlawStarCasterAndShells.jpg (63KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
OutlawStarCasterAndShells.jpg
63KB, 360x270px
>>
>>52523537

>>52547887 This

Specialized guns that fire shells created by immensely powerful wizards who channel their magical energy into a specific spell, then encase the spell in a bullet. The gun serves as a sort of release mechanism that extracts the spell from the bullet and blasts it out of the barrel. Bullets are one use only and there may not be more than a handful of certain extremely powerful bullets in existence.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.