[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 419
Thread images: 51

File: DD-Transparent.png (57KB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
DD-Transparent.png
57KB, 1500x750px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Unearthed Arcana: A Trio of Subclasses
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAThreeSubclasses.pdf

>Official survey on Unearthed Arcana: Wizard Revisited
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
>>52507349
>>
>>52516308
Warlordruid.
>>
>>52516308
Zoo Wizards
>>
Wizards are gheyer.
>>
Druids are okay.
>>
Give me something to make a half-elf bard intresting
>>
>>52516368
The Kingdom of Kupa Keep is okay with everyone. Except those Shadow Monks. Try to Monk everyone out of their money.
>>
>>52516391
Why is a half elf bard automatically not interesting?
>>
UA when?
>>
>>52516397
What do a bunch of guys who fight with their fists and wear nothing but robes need money for? Hell, eventually those fuckers don't even need to eat or some shit, so they're not even buying food.

Warlocks are the real problem. Always making pacts with dark powers and polishing their magical polearms.
>>
>>52516391
He was raised by his elf parent in the Feywild and is still getting used to life on the Material Plane.
>>
>>52516431
its up now, go check
>>
>>52516412
Yeah as hard as it might be to believe Half-Elf is supposed to be one of the uncommon races according to the PH, along with Half-Orcs, Gnomes, Dragonborn and Tieflings are actually.

Can't think of the last time anyone actually followed that though.
>>
>>52516391
The only instrument he can play is his armpit.
jesus christ i just realized it's been 20+ years since i tried to make an armpit fart noise
>>
>>52516412
Because its a mix of the most dull class and most dull race obviously?
I'm just rolling up a character for a game in a couple of hours and I can't think of any traits or qualities that would make them fun to RP off the top of my head
>>
>>52516466
Stick of Truth's Jew class is obviously Monk but also Paladin so I had to go from there.
>>
>>52516491
>Bards
>dullest class

What the fuck refluff have you been smoking.
>>
>>52516491
I've never heavily based my character's personality on race, so I never understand the mindset of people who think any race is boring. The only thing I think is really a requirement to be bardic is to be inspiring in some fashion.

I've had a human (blonde and blue-eyed) bard that beat-boxed and rapped his inspirations before. I've had a half-giant (goliath reflavored) bard that had heavy armor proficiency and played his chest piece like a steel drum. I had a gnome character in 3.5 with access to inspire courage via a prestige class that used bits from George Carlin stand-up specials.
>>
>>52516491
>>52516518
Not them but I'd have to say, there's nothing that really feels interesting fluff-wise about half-elves, and nothing that really feels interesting fluff-wise when you think of a bard other than the fact that they sometimes might play music.

You can still make interesting characters out of them, but a wizard would feel much more iconic.
>>
>>52516518
Just because a class can do a lot of things doesn't mean the people who play them do those things. Everything-and-the-kitchen-sink classes attract min/maxing faggots who obviously don't care about anything but the powerful features and don't give a shit about characterization.

The Wizards and Bards in my groups have always been the most boring motherfuckers. Meanwhile, the Barbarians and Fighters, the guys who can do literally nothing but hit shit with sticks, are the guys stealing every show because they have to dig deep and come up with shit to justify their existence outside of being an autoattacking meatshield.
>>
>>52516475
5eg isn't sperging out yet so I don't believe you.
>>
>>52516558
We live in a 5e where things like Champion exist. It's pretty much impossible for a Bard to be that level of dull.
>>
>>52516397
>Kingdom of Kupa Keep

>the players will be thinking I'm making a Mario reference, not a white supremacy reference
in reality its both
we must act to preserve a future where myconids and dragon turtle won't be crushed to death by mystics abusing Giant Form
>>
>>52516563
I had an abjurer one campaign ago who liked to tell old ridiculous war stories about his campaigns in the desert. He was a 12-year old warforged, so those stories were his entire life history up to the point of the campaign. Personality knows no class.
>>
>>52516481
See, I think of half elves as more common than elves.
>>
just leveled up to lv 6 sorcerer, is it even worth going up to lv 7?
thinking of going warlock.
any ideas?
>>
>>52516612
I use them that way in my home campaigns. Half-elves are prolific enough that they outbred the elves and are the second most-populous race to humans. Most half-elves are born to other half-elves in the current day of the campaign.
>>
File: SouthParkTheStickOfTruth.jpg (83KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
SouthParkTheStickOfTruth.jpg
83KB, 256x324px
>>52516587

I'm honestly surprised this went over people's heads. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing for this board.
>>
What's the deal with Immortals? Am I supposed to be hitting things with a stick or my brain mostly?
>>
>>52516572
speaking of sperging out, the waves of reactions to Mystic will forever be burned into my skull

>Mystic releases in full
>"its fucking garbage, holy shit, who would play this? shit sorcerer, etc."
>week later
>"upon a week of playing, its overpowered. it can do anything. what the fuck wotc?"
>week later
>"upon further playing, its sort of fine. besides one of the prof. rules, its a jack of all trades class that is fine by not exceptional"

i love seeing the back and forth till it sits in the middle
>>
>>52516632
Banishment, Confusion, and Greater Invisibility are fun spells.
>>
>>52516576
When you think of a champion, there's all sorts of images that could come up that could define interesting characters.

Yes, it's absolutely fucking boring mechanics-wise, but the fluff is much more interesting.

Bards really don't feel very interesting to me fluff-wise. They're just... They study, but they're not wizards, they're all-rounded in skills and they play music? So they're.. Magical Musicmen?
>>
>>52516643
You're a cockroach defensively. Your offense is up to you.
>>
File: rs-234401-american-psycho.jpg (106KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
rs-234401-american-psycho.jpg
106KB, 1200x630px
>>52516650
In the middle is where most things get stuck.
>>
>>52516669

You sound like an idiot. Stop getting stuck on shit that doesn't matter.
>>
>>52516663
going for almost straight up blaster fire spells.
i went Phoenix UA and all my spells are firebased.
my spell dc isn't that high (14), so i wana stay awy from debuffs
>>
>>52516632
It'd be a pretty damn good idea to get two levels of warlock. Pick up agonizing blast and repelling blast then blast all day. Put your rest of your levels in sorcerer, though you could take two levels of fighter.
>>
>>52516694
Greater Invisibility is a buff. It doesn't break when you attack, so you maintain constant advantage and are difficult to hit when enemies don't have blindsight, true-seeing, etc.
>>
Is there any plan to continue updating the custom character class sheets? What program were they made in if I wanted to contriboot?
>>
>>52516640
Sorry, I know fuck all about SP these days.
>>
>>52516688
>fluff doesn't matter
If you play games without roleplaying, sure.

But bards don't really make memorable characters outside of 'that one guy who plays music', normally.
>>
Someone post UA pls
>>
>>52516697
dont wana just Eldrict blast all day.
it would defeat whole purpuse of my sorc lvs.
>>
File: Ff1_redmage.png (314B, 144x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ff1_redmage.png
314B, 144x200px
>>52516669

I think of Bards more like this, especially Valor Bards. But that's only because of the fact that Red Mages ARE bards but without music and their name is just The Order of The Red Robe being ripped off.
>>
>>52516718

See, that's exactly what I mean. I never said fluff didn't matter, I said don't get stuck on shit that doesn't matter.

>Durr, bards r just music guys duuuurrrr

Jesus fuck, how simple can you be?
>>
>>52516650
>playing Mystic v2
>DM and party members are prepared for me to break everything because OH MY GOD IT LOOKS SO OVERPOWERED
>I'M TRUSTING YOU ON THIS BUT IF YOU BREAK THE GAME I'M GONNA NERF YOU
>campaign ends with the DM having to buff me repeatedly
Further proof that fucking no one here plays the game or understands what resources are.
>>
>short rests to 5 minutes
>features that happen on a short rest, but can only be used once per long rest, such as certain warlock invocations, Arcane Recovery for the wizard, etc, etc, are rewritten to recharge on a short rest.
>rework classes so every class has at least 2 features that recharge on a short rest.

This is my plan to fix 5e.
>>
>>52516774
You should rethink that Arcane Recovery fix. Wizards are good enough without it.
>>
>>52516718
>guys who can fight great, use magic great and heal great as well as entertain and inspire and know so much stuff due to having been on 101 adventures are boring

how
>>
>>52516774
What problem are you trying to address and how do these changes address that problem?
>>
>>52516736
>Trying to look at the simple aspects of a class
>Hurr stop being simple

You have to look at each class simply and the range of simple ideas that apply.

You can then obviously make other characters, but a lot of characters will often be based on or around that simple idea.

Monks are great in this respect, because on a simple level people will have all sorts of views of them. Some people will view them more towards ninjas, some people will view them more towards a sort of 'sensei' character, some will view them more like a brawler sort of person, some might see them to be passive, harmony-and-peace sorts or some might take them to be religious figures.

If you tell someone to make a bard, they'll think 'Okay, better get an instrument, I'm going to cast some spells and play instruments' and that's the end of it.

I don't care if you can play a bard as a flying magical horseman who fires bananas at high velocity to kill people or whatever, most people will boil the class down to simple musicmen and that's all I ever really see getting played out of bards.

>>52516726
Yeah. You can totally do that, a lot of people don't realize that instruments are simply a focus and you can just use a components pouch or something instead and be a sort of everyman-caster.
>>
>>52516831
He wants to troll 5eg into talking about 4e.
>>
>>52516826
You know that one phrase often comes up as 'A Jack of All Trades is a Master of None' and then the last part gets left out: 'But often better than a Master of One.'

In most cases a guy that can do a bit of everything is an uplift for everyone else.
>>
Speaking of Wizards, I'll be playing one for the first time this week. Just finished a campaign, so we'll be starting a new one, and I've decided to go Wizard. Last campaign, the party Wizard was...not good. I'm hoping to maximize my utility. My plan right now is, every level, I'll take one ritual spell and one non-ritual spell. Sound like a good plan?
>>
>>52516826
And how're people going to put that into a character that's going to be different from the last 100 bards that have been made?
>>
>>52516308
Cleric/Wizard vs. Monk/Sorceror vs. Warlock/Paladin?
>>
>>52516873
>Monksorcerer
Why
>Clericwizard
One level dip cleric overpowered
>Warlockpaladin
Fills a completely different role to clericwizard but three levels of warlock for shillelagh and I suppose they could get wizard rituals with book but honestly the level delay might put them behind wizard in power. Still quite close.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (7KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
7KB, 300x196px
What are some good campaigns to get a bunch of unimaginative logic thinkers into D&D?
We are a bunch of end-20s computer scientists that get together once a week - we wanna do stuff, but we always end up slacking off.

I figured D&D might be fun, but we never played any P&P game before.
>>
File: red bard.jpg (266KB, 1017x869px) Image search: [Google]
red bard.jpg
266KB, 1017x869px
>>52516867
OK, work with me for a sec... have you considered making someone who the PCs won't be able to figure out in the first 5 seconds is a bard?

Like, don't have him go "Let me regale you my friends with a minstrel song! Tra la la!" and skip around immediately.

If you can't make a bard that's interesting, then you wouldn't be able to make a fighter or anything else that's interesting, so the fault lies with you.
>>
>>52516867
The same can be said of every class.
>>
>>52516903
Its always good to get your roleplaying boots on, but lucky for you, you can be a numbersfag if you really want to.

Try out Lost Mine of Phandelver. You can check out the adventure here, if you are DMing. Dont let the players read it.

http://d20.sabotender.com/5th/Supliments/Lost%20Mine%20of%20Phandelver.pdf
>>
>>52516864
Aim for spells that don't overlap too much. You don't have to worry about ritual and non-ritual too much, though rituals are a good idea when you see ones you think you will use.

The important thing is not to grab lightning bolt and fireball at the same, or load up on too many concentration spells at the same time. The advantage of the wizard spell list is the wide variety of effects available to you.

>>52516873
>Cleric/wizard
Good if you're not going to go split the levels too evenly. You want a small amount of one class and a large amount of the other.

>monk/sorcerer
why

>warlock/paladin
overrated
>>
>>52516873
>Monk/Sorceror
You know what my monk needs? To rely on another stat!
>>
How do I make grappler work at high levels?
>>
>>52516669
>Bards really don't feel very interesting to me fluff-wise. They're just... They study, but they're not wizards, they're all-rounded in skills and they play music? So they're.. Magical Musicmen?
There's a reason why words like "chant" can refer to singing and magic. The idea that magic and music are linked is something that's found in many cultures. Väinämöinen, Orpheus, arguably the Pied Piper etc. When you consider that, there's a lot you can do with the fluff beyond just "wizard but he plays the flute instead of saying abracadabra and waving a wand".
>>
>>52516964

Get the party Cleric to take Blade Barrier and just keep throwing poor suckers into it.
>>
>>52516964
Expertise in athletics via rogue or bard
Advantage on strength checks with something like rage or enhance ability

or

access to Bigby's Hand
>>
>>52516902
>>52516950
>>52516953
Sorry I meant Cleric/Wizard vs Warlock/Paladin vs Monk/Druid. On that note, what about Fighter/Sorceror ?
>>
Here's a sorta optimization question.

1. What is the lowest level character who can , without something like Sleep or whatever, reliably grapple a resisting commoner for, say, 30+ rounds straight without rendering them unconscious or something?
2. What would be the most typical build rather than the most low level build for it?
>>
>>52517019
Are you trying to figure out which is better?

The answer is cleric/wizard.
>>
>>52517022
Probably Barbarogue with athletics expertise. At level 2, with 18 strength, that's +8 to grapple checks, and advantage.
>>
>>52517022
1: Level one variant human, Barbarian, grappler feat, athletics skill
2. Barbarian or monk, grappler feat somewhere down the line, take 1 level in rogue for expertise, I guess. Monk might be the best because unarmed, but barbarian rage grants advantage on strength checks (whoch grapple checks fall under)
>>
>>52516809
I agree that wizards are in a good place right now, but under the proposed changes I don't think they would be in a good place, and the change makes sense.

>>52516831
I've discussed it with my players, and combat is pretty boring. They feel like they have to conserve resources so much that using anything is a mistake, thus resulting in repetitive turns. Story wise, it rarely makes sense to take a short rest over a long rest. I could pressure them on that, but not without distorting the story in a way that I don't think is particularly fun.
>>
>>52516983
>>52516977
but is it useful?
>>
>>52516368
Third from the left...is that Simon Pegg?
>>
>>52517059
Does Monk/Druid even work?
>>
>>52517111
>They feel like they have to conserve resources so much that using anything is a mistake, thus resulting in repetitive turns.

This is generally a trap people fall into. Long, repetitive combats end up draining your resources more than if you just nova'd on turn 1 and then play cleanup.
>>
>>52517142
Ki empowered wild shape flurry of blows
>>
>>52517143
In either case, there are a lot of turns that aren't really interesting.

Warlock players have it the worst I think, under current rules. It really sucks to blow a one third to half of your spellcasting ability for the day on legendary resistance critters, or even things with good saves.
>>
>>52517125

Well that depends. I don't think grappling is all that useful if all you're fighting is giants or dragons or huge demons etc.

But if you're fighting things you can grapple? You have to weigh the pros and cons of it. Do you have some way to hurt it after you grapple it? An active Blade Barrier or Fire Wall or even a Cloud of Daggers make for great grapple-blenders. Or, if you have a cliff or window you can throw them through, or a pit of spikes or whatever. However, I don't think grappling just to pull someone away from the rest of the party is worth all that much.
>>
>>52517162
Natural Weapons do not count as unarmed attacks
>>
File: dar.png (275KB, 375x405px) Image search: [Google]
dar.png
275KB, 375x405px
>>52517142
Yes.
>>
>>52517125
Bigby's Hand can grapple any creatures except gargantuan sized. 26 strength is higher than the great majority of creatures.

Most creatures don't have athletics or acrobatics proficiency, so a player with expertise is going to win grapple checks more often than not as long as the creature isn't too large to grapple.

Grappling is useful if you are able to grapple prone targets for a melee-centric party. A target with 0 move speed from being grappled lacks the movement necessary to stand up.
>>
>>52517142
It does but it's not really a huge improvement over single-classed druid because of the delayed access to druid abilities.
>>
>>52516840
Play a bard that's actually an awful musician so he becomes more of a great storyteller/comedian.

I think you're limiting your view of the archetype and how much overlap there can be between classes. There's the agile swordsman bard, which is more interesting than most rogues IMO. I've seen a lot more flavorful bards than fighters and other classes in general.
>>
>>52517200
if your DM is a cool guy they do
>>
File: dethklok-fansong.gif (356KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
dethklok-fansong.gif
356KB, 400x235px
>Bard College of BRUTALITY

>Starting at level 3 you gain proficiency with battleaxes and black and white makeup kits. In addition, Studded Leather Armor that's black and covered in BRUTAL SPIKES grants +1 to AC and Intimidation checks
>Starting at 3rd level, you can charge your performance with HEAVY RIFFS of BLACKEST MAGIC.

>As a bonus action, you can expend a use of Bardic Inspiration to grant yourself a spooky, gothic appearance. When you do so, choose a number of allies you can see and who can see you within 60 feet of you, up to a number of them equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one). Each target gains 2d6 temporary hit points.

When a target gains these temporary hit points, it can also use its reaction to move up to its speed toward you, without provoking opportunity attacks. It must take the shortest, safest path to you while violently shaking it's head and/or spinning their hair.

>EXTREME preformance
>If you perform for at least 10 minutes with a guitar, bass guitar, vocals, or a drum set, you can attempt to inspire a mosh pit in your audience by "singing", doing EXTREME GUITAR SOLOS, or rapidly spinning your hair. At the end of the performance, choose a number of humanoids within 60 feet of you who watched and listened to all of it, up to a number of them equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of one). Each target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC or be charmed by you. While charmed in this way, the target idolizes you, it speaks glowingly of you to anyone who speaks to it, and it hinders anyone who opposes you, actively seeking violence unless it's a MASSIVE PUSSY. This effect ends on a target after 1 hour, if it gets arrested by the guards, if you attack it, or if it witnesses you not being obnoxiously edgy.

>If a target succeeds on its save against this effect, the target has no hint that you tried to charm it.

>Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
>>
File: qt.jpg (129KB, 287x282px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
129KB, 287x282px
How do you organize your notes on different kingdoms/factions/cities/etc.?

Do you do bullet points for brevity? Long paragraphs with detail? I've yet to find my style of writing down campaign and world building notes so I'm hoping to see how some others go about it.

Even screenshots would be cool.
>>
>>52517268
You're right, but that's houseruling and it's kind of difficult to discuss D&D if we have to account for everybody's houserules.
>>
I'm thinking about trying to make Mystics less "do every single class but not super well" and a bit more focused on their disciplines. I feel like past 6 or so disciplines the class loses a lot of its coherence. Thoughts on how to accomplish this?
>>
>>52517322
People write things down?
>>
>>52517336
More psi points, less disciplines. Rather simple. It is what we are doing.
>>
>>52516669
You could always ask the DM to spice them up (or see if he'll let you refluff into something more interesting). In my not-China campaign, they do ancestor magic.
>>
>>52517336
play awakened and only go for battlefield control and saving throw based debuffs
>>
>>52517143
Right, but then you don't have much left for the next one.

I sympathize with that guy, and I use the shorter rests rule from the DMG. So far, no problems. I have not seen resource based stuff do much of... anything, other than incapacitate a kobold two PCs wanted to imprison and question (and another person timely killed before they could interrogate).
>>
>>52516774
How does buffing casters fix 5e?
>>
>>52517336
You can only pick non-archetype disciplines if you have more archetype disciplines than non-archetype.
>>
>>52517431
What casters operate primarily on short rest cooldowns, besides the weakest casters, warlock?
>>
>>52516934
To different extents.

It's really hard to measure though, because different games have different levels of player creativity and the creative players might play different things.

>>52516975
Pied piper is probably the best example, because most people will know that and there's clearly some magic and music going on there. Not so sure people will have heard of the other examples. And, really, the pied piper could easily have been a warlock with a flute, a wizard with a flute or a sorcerer with a flute. The problem there is that the flute is kind of what's defining them as a bard.

>>52517019
Paladin/sorcerer would be better, or fighter/warlock/sorcerer.
Monk/druid doesn't get much. One level of monk for unarmoured defence and that's it.. Probably. Unless there's some weird combo I'm forgetting.

>>52517256
I'll have to admit I've seen a lot of boring barbarians/fighters, but I think I've seen the most variation in monks/paladins/rogues/warlocks.

But even if I think of doing an awful musician bard, most people seem to almost think it's a requirement. But then again, it's not absolutely 100% ingrained into the class like shapeshifting is in druids.

>>52517372
If you've got the right mindset you can easily spice them up. But the problem is most people don't. They don't provoke enough thought about the character really, much like how monk/paladin/cleric/warlock do.
>>
>>52517469
Drooids I assume.
>>
>>52517362
Can I see numbers if you have them?

Are the already existing effects powerful enough to not need tweaking beyond being something you can use more often?
>>
File: 1490398591032.png (764KB, 1031x413px) Image search: [Google]
1490398591032.png
764KB, 1031x413px
>>52516308
/tg/ version of Codex Arcana when?
>>
Eberron for the DM's Guild when
>>
>>52517322
I do bullet points for sure, with maybe a small paragraph blurb at the start. The former for specifics, the latter for a generalized description I can give to players as common knowledge.
>>
>>52517498
Eh, druids should be able to wildshape all the time anyways. I'd probably limit their HP sustain through wildshape though.

Something like: when you wild shape, you preserve the HP value of your human form, but you gain a number of temporary hitpoints equal to the difference in HP between your human form and the beast, or your druid level, whichever is lower.
>>
>>52517437
Do you think they need a buff to compensate?

I'm specifically thinking of Wu-Jenn because they have a lot of overlap in their disciplines.
>>
>>52517142
It works.
You get unarmoured AC.
Wildshape into something that has high dex like a wolf or panther.
Enjoy being an even tankier Onion Druid.

If you wildshape into an ape you still get to punch so that's a plus.
>>
>>52517499
They are in my onenote, but I think I raised the base of 4 at level 1 to 9, and added the same from there?

I may be wrong, but it was something near this:

>Lvl1 - 9
>Lvl2 - 11
>Lvl3 - 19

You get the idea. I also allowed for an additional talent. Working rather smoothly.
>>
>>52517658
Did you cut starting disciplines or only progression?
>>
>>52517711
I still gave the initial discipline and the two from the order (because no one picks the knife)

Discipline gain started at 5, not 3. When you gained a new discipline, has to be from your order. Once all order was taken, then you can branch out.
>>
Have any of you ever played a character that is old for their race? Or do you generally go with something young?
>>
>>52517780
generally young, but im going back to play my first character I ever made this weekend

when he started, he was like 23, but now he is like 55. should be fun
>>
>>52517780
Just starting a new campaign, and one player decided to roll off a table for their wizard's traits. He ended up as an 89 year old, human, history professor who found a magic book and suddenly became interested in the arcane and adventuring.

It will be interesting to see what he does with it.
>>
>monk/druid
>transform into giant spider
>Monk Speed and Monk AC both add to your spider form
>zip around the battlefield basically unkillable and uncatchable, grappling 8 people because you now have 8 free hands
>zip up a cave wall with 8 people, pummeling them with unarmed strikes the entire way
>drop them

Druid Monks are super fun.
>>
Thoughts on how to spice up the blue dragon battle in HotDQ?

Currently I'm thinking that there will be a bunch of ballistae that the PCs and the guards can man.

On top of that, maybe the chars could set up hazards... not sure what. Perhaps some big fuggin cannons that the PCs can decide where to point, gunpowder barrels, anything else?
>>
>>52517740
>because no one picks the knife
Hah, yeah. I haven't even been considering them because my players aren't interested.

>Discipline gain started at 5, not 3.
So you end up getting a discipline every 2 levels after that? Or do you retain the original progression where it slows down, just with the bump at 3 omitted?

>When you gained a new discipline, has to be from your order. Once all order was taken, then you can branch out.
hm, that basically means they never get an out of order discipline unless they're playing nomad, unless you consolidated the talents.
>>
>>52517517
Never?
>>
File: Auipi77.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Auipi77.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>52517903
>So you end up getting a discipline every 2 levels after that? Or do you retain the original progression where it slows down, just with the bump at 3 omitted?

Its the original progression, just starting at 5 instead of 3.

>hm, that basically means they never get an out of order discipline unless they're playing nomad, unless you consolidated the talents.

This was the main reason for making these changes, yeah. While it restricts the player quite a bit more, it creates a much more focused and refined character without making them hot garbage.

At the same time, they still get that initial discipline at the very start that doesnt have to be from their order, so it still allows for some flexibility outside.
>>
>>52517517
what is codex arcana?
>>
>>52517633
I want to wildshape into a gorilla with four fists and use Monk unarmed attacks
>>
im starting to think the UA isnt coming
>>
>>52517322
I write a small general description and style of the city, then bullet with some info on shops, inns and important NPCs.

After that it's winging it as I go, I'll also add some stat blocks for stuff like guards if shit goes south.
>>
>>52517841
Is that even possible?
>>
File: 1391507597992s.jpg (5KB, 172x250px) Image search: [Google]
1391507597992s.jpg
5KB, 172x250px
>>52518051
>There will be no new Unearthed Arcana for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>52518075
No,he is lying.
>>
>>52517841

>8 free hands
>climbing anything while holding someone with every limb
>having enough strength to carry that many people at once

Jesus christ whatever your DM was smoking, he needs to ease off or his ass is grass!
>>
>>52516650
The mystic is trash even before you look at the rules. Fuck psionics, and fuck the people who play them.
>>
Why play D&D when you could play Traveller?
>>
>>52518075
You get your Monk speed added to the creature's, but as far as "adding your AC to the creature's" you're still just looking at +Wis. You keep your Wisdom but are now stuck with the creature's Dex, which usually sucks ass.

Also a spider doesn't have eight fucking "free legs" for grappling and you couldn't grapple a creature with just one leg anyway.
>>
>>52518096
>>52518120
alright yeah didn't think so but its still a pretty funny post
>>
>>52517867
Those all sound like terrible ideas.

The thing about HotDQ is that it's way too easy after the first couple of levels. The enemies are too weak and the players have access to ridiculously overpowered magic items. So you need to make the dragon fight smart and remove every obvious advantage from the PCs. Don't do the Skyrim thing where the dragon lands just to be swung at with swords. If it does want to make melee attacks while its breath weapon is recharging, it singles out the most exposed PC, grabs him, and takes to the air with him. Have there be few or no friendly NPCs; otherwise they'll win the fight on their own or the PCs will ask why they're not helping enough. If there's going to be any siege weapons or traps on the PCs' side; they're going to have to specifically ask for them in advance and buy or build them themselves.
>>
>>52518113
Because 5e is a coherent system with structure and decent rules outside of character creation, something Traveller lacks.
>>
>>52518107

The mystic IS trash, but psionics are neat and have been shat upon by every edition of DnD for the longest time and my hopes that this trend would end are slipping constantly. They're always either awkwardly implemented or badly balanced and it's just a total shame.

Seriously, it's like Ki except with more mental fuckery and weapon making! What's not to like?
>>
>>52518174
Ki is a fucking joke at this point, monks are near useless
>>
>>52517970
Seconded
>>
>>52518113
Because I want my character to survive character creation.
>>
>>52512802
because it sucks
>>
>>52517959
>the same time, they still get that initial discipline at the very start that doesnt have to be from their order, so it still allows for some flexibility outside.
Ah, I missed that they got an outside one to start. That's not so unreasonable then.

My original idea was to let every third discipline come from any order and the rest have to be inside, which amounts to something similar but with an extra outside discipline at mid level. I'm mostly focusing on Wu-Jenn, Immortal, and Nomad - my players don't seems interested in Avatar, and I'm dropping Awakened (though not its disciplines) and Knife for fluff/setting reasons.
>>
>>52518174
>Tfw too intelligent for Ki
>>
>>52518274
Pls, characters haven't been able to unintentionally die in chargen for ages. Unless you're playing CT, in which case you know what you signed up for.
>>
What does "ten foot pole" refer to and why do I hear it used so much?
>>
>>52518378
A pole that is 10 feet long.
>>
>>52518174
Ki will be good the day Monks are errata'ed to not draw their power from magic, but some other force, so that magic immunity antimagic is worthless against monks.
>>
>>52518378
It is literally as it is written, use it when traveling through snow to check for snow cover holes or weak spots, in dungeons press on a word looking spot to see if shit goes wrong.
>>
>>52518378
it's a ten foot pole used in dungeons to tap the walls/floors/ceiling/etc. to check for traps and such.
>>
>>52518378
Let me tell you a story of DND before 5e. There once was a figther with greater cleave, against many a monster of foulest creed. Trapped in a corridor was he, unable to escape his foe. He couldn't hit them, and all seemed lost but for a bag of his making. Upon the dungeon floor he emptied, a bag of hundred mice. And striking one, the cleave killed one, but killed a second, a third, four ,five and soon hundred cleaves had struck the monster, all does before him died.
>>
>>52518088
>>52518051
they're packaging them all up and revising them for PHB 2
>>
>>52517469
That anon >>52516774 was proposing having Arcane Recovery etc recharge on short rest. That's a pretty big buff to wizards and druids, especially when combined with 5min short rests.
>>
>>52518378
Weird looking spot in a dungeon? Tap that shit from 10 feet away.

Not sure how deep the swamp is in this spot? Sink that bitch in and get a decent estimate.

Dwarf you're traveling with get violent when people try and wake them? Use a ten foot pole and wake companions in safety.

Promised a hag you'd fuck her for some kind of reward? Use it coupled with illusion and don't worry once it's in she won't know the difference.
>>
>>52518421
Never ever, monks are destined to failure.
>>
File: 1454524295890.jpg (51KB, 404x599px) Image search: [Google]
1454524295890.jpg
51KB, 404x599px
>>52518627
What's sad is how true this is becoming, I just wanna play a muscle wizard and cast fist.
>>
>>52518617
This also led to a proliferation of traps which hit 10 ft away once activated.
>>
Can I get an explanation of the implied Dragon vs Giant War?
>>
When will we a Soulknife that's as good as the one in Pathfinder? Like Pathfinder is shit but god dammit they have a cool soulknife.
>>
To the guy who said Lathander killed a good god, Murdane was neutral. At least get your facts straight.
>>
Anybody else think INT is underpowered? It's really only used for Wizards, a couple subclasses, and knowledge checks. Perception seems more useful than investigate and knowledge checks are often ambiguous. I houseruled characters get an extra known language for every +1 modifier which makes it more relevant and gives me more flexibility with encounters as a DM
>>
>>52518962
When Dreamscarred Press is given full control over psionics
>>
>>52518962
what's the problem with mystic?

>>52519003
Investigation and Arcana are... decent. Its Charisma tier.
>>
>>52518962
Play Pathfinder then

>>52518737
True but at least they are trying
>>
>>52519025
The mystic itself is no problem, but the Soulknife is incredibly underwhelming. "Congrats heres two knives you can in no way shape or make your own. Have fun"
>>
>>52519028
PF psionics are only good because they weren't done by the PF devs.
>>
>>52519025
It seems that charisma checks (Persuasion, Intimidation, Deception) come up WAY more often and are generally more useful than knowledge checks.
>>
>>52519064
Arcana has to do with:

Magic items
Celestials
Fiends
Fey
Spellz
Constructs
>>
>>52518993
Lathander didn't even kill her right? I thought she died from his actions indirectly.

Lathander is the main deity of a homebrewed campaign setting I'm running because a war hero used his church to unite the scattered remnants of a dead kingdom and the renewal and expansion parts of his portfolio fot perfectly
>>
>>52518547
Source?
>>
>>52519064
Really depends on your DM in most cases, but if you're doing shit outside of a hole in the ground you're going to be using CHA skills the most unless your DM is complete burgers.
>>
>>52518737
That's why you have a 13 foot pole.
>>
>>52519134
That's my thoughts. I'm the DM and I am running more of a open world campaign because countless dungeon crawls seems a bit silly. I am planning a combo of war, exploration, planar travel (mostly between shadowfell, material, feylands), and political intrigue with a limited smattering of dungeons
>>
File: 220px-Pike_square_img_3655.jpg (22KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Pike_square_img_3655.jpg
22KB, 220x220px
>>52519163
I feel like at that point you should just make it a pike so you can also kill shit with it.
>>
>>52518737
Seems pretty simple to have traps that destroy the pole outright. Maybe even gift them one or two successfully disarmed traps to reward their attempt before a pendulum or crushing wall snaps it in half
>>
>>52519207
I'm big into road trip DMing too, but since 4e I've been making bullet points reminding me to give people other than the talker some shit to do skills-wise.
>>
>>52519259
Which is another reason I like giving bonus languages for INT. Now the quiet mage has to do the talking. More people are forced to RP out of combat and I have more versatility to create interesting scenarios. Plus it makes sense
>>
>>52519259
Mind sharing what some of those are? Sometimes it's hard to come up with skill checks that aren't diplomacy or lockpicking that don't feel arbitrary.
>>
File: Stone Blades 3.png (781KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
Stone Blades 3.png
781KB, 792x612px
>>52518962

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9p7DxYuE-3VRVB2aUFXdmpxMU0

I'd post the PDF but it's much too large.

Here's the class as I imagined it to be. 5e doesn't do magical items in the same way, so that was exchanged for a massive improvement in blade techniques, usability, and supplemental skills and abilities, including teleportation - something the PF version could gain through supplements and a feat tree.
>>
>>52519064

Charisma caps out because dungeons and dragons is a game that for some reason draws out the autistic and its hard for DMs to properly navigate through a proper social interactions when they are struggling with the condition
>>
Yo I'm trying to download stuff from the Mega, and everything is stuck on 'queued'. Using Chrome. Anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>52519447

Go to the queue. Press pause. Press resume. Your last download will finish processing. Repeat for individual files
>>
I dont think the UA is coming boys
>>
>>52519529
https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/848982575989354496
>>
>>52519394
Wouldn't CHA be strengthened because of that? Since everyone at the table is too awkward to just RP charisma the dice roll actually strengthens it's use while INT checks are easily circumvented by simple deduction and metagaming, both things autists are wont to do
>>
>>52519539
This anon is a hero who has brought hope to the masses. Bask in his glory.
>>
>>52519255
10 ft poles are pretty cheap
>>
>>52519163
The arms race never ends.
>>
>>52519394
Charisma is fine, but Arcana and Investigation are also great.

I'm iffy on most int skills but investigation is hazily required for twaps sometimes.

But more importantly... without Arcana you have no fuckin clue what anything is or what people are doing or what things do. Its hilariously broad.
>>
>>52519539
>Oh fuck we were supposed to write a UA, quick crank out another wizard archetype or three!
>>
>>52519638
That's actually a common non-aspie misconception.

See the Autistic DM in its natural habitat has a very thin layer or line that separates them from the characters they are running.
They can do physical skill checks just fine you see, or combat, or even Wisdom and Intelligence checks because those are just reading a detail on a paper.
They're the ones who do bad DM'ing such as using Insight as a lie detector.
But social checks, such as one with Charisma baffle them because anything you try to persuade the count or the dragon of doing is basically persuading the DM, and the DM sure as shit refuses to be reasoned with, because he's Autistic, refuses to be lied to, because he has no layer, and refuses to be intimidated, because as a DM he somehow got into himself he has the power of God at all times.

Thus Charisma is a poor skill.
>>
Usefulness of int depends heavily on how much your DM likes knowledge skills. Without History, my DM won't let you know jack shit about anything that isn't the peasant town you grew up in. And without Arcana and Nature we might as well be fighting against totally randomized star blocks.
>>
>>52516391
He is more of a collector of stories and a keeper of myths. The musical part of his profession is secondary to him and most of his time is spent conducting interviews and transcribing them into myths that he hopes will be recounted forever.
>>
>>52519915
My favorite part about being new to d&d is getting to test nature and arcana and actually learn new things.
>>
>>52518120
>>52518097
The rules for grappling are pretty simple: you only need a free hand to do it. A spider has 8 appropriate limbs, and fluff wise it's assumed the grapple involves some web too. It's totally legit.

I'm sorry you guys play uncreative games with uncreative people who can't intelligently hash these things out.
>>
>>52519967
Spiders don't have hands. Therefore they don't have any free hands.
>>
>>52518600
Not really. You get to regen a spell slot after every fight basically.

Maybe refine the short rest rule so you don't have infinite spell slots though.

Hmm. 10 minutes per short rest, can't benefit from a short rest more than thrice in a day. That could work.
>>
>>52520012
They have suitable appendages, so it still works. Crabs wouldn't be able to grapple with claws under your ruling. Neither would snakes be able to grapple.
>>
>>52519960
Yeah I'm the only veteran player in our group besides the DM, so the others get to make those pretty often.

Also he likes to reskin things, so I don't know shit either sometimes.
>>
>>52519967
Saying a spider can hold 8 people and still move is like saying a human should be able to grapple 4 people ad still move.
>>
so level 15 Oath of Ancients Half-Orc with Death Ward on. Thats 3 instances of refusing to die. Can we go even further?
>>
So a greek colossus is basically a stone golem, right? Is there a better option?
>>
>>52520072
Level of Shadow Sorc.
>>
File: harry potter.jpg (39KB, 396x596px) Image search: [Google]
harry potter.jpg
39KB, 396x596px
>>52519297
I'm really fucking tired and need to sleepy so I'll just post a couple to give you ideas.

>Glowing statue
Any structure or object that has properties it shouldn't, an anomaly. (this is for INT based skills, but WIS characters can notice shit about it too)

>Bastard
Give a bastard player character something to do to remind the party he's a bastard. This is just purposefully setting up a character to do something shitty out of combat. Doesn't need to be evil or even harmful, it could just be an annoying street kid yelling at a Rogue face (or just aping his movement, to players this typically means "HE'S TRYING TO DISTRACT ME THIEF") and provoking him to yell back to chase after him and tackle him like a dumbass, or saying "Anon, you notice the houses in this town would be really easy to climb." (DEX mostly, but WIS can help avoid lookin like a damn fool)

I don't actually write down what the skills are, one because I already know what I'm looking for, and second because I let players barter a little for a higher skill if they're really concerned about that added +1 on the roll (players don't think I adjust DC for reasons they don't/won't even consider, when will they fucking learn).
>>
>>52520084
yes
no
>>
>>52520039
On the end of their legs? No they don't. Go watch a nature documentary or something.
>>
File: 1424123907622.png (152KB, 600x503px) Image search: [Google]
1424123907622.png
152KB, 600x503px
>>52519915
>tfw 8 months of playing and have only made 1 history check despite being proficient in it
>>
>>52520057
You juggle them!

4 to 7 people is still pretty good.
>>
>>52520137

You think that's bad? I have made 2 Sleight of Hand Checks, and I took expertise
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>52520120
If you've seen the latest kong, you know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>52520137
You should play in our campaign. We have one guy who's proficient and he's literally the only reason we know anything about the foreign city state we're in. Dude's been making like three checks a session since we got here. Lots of military history stuff especially.
>>
>>52520166
You need to be a bigger dick, then. My rogue rolls sleight of hand every time we find loot just to keep it for themselves.
>>
File: faggots on ass.jpg (11KB, 236x206px) Image search: [Google]
faggots on ass.jpg
11KB, 236x206px
A donkey or mule with a pack saddle can carry fifty-seven 10 ft poles, assuming you can bundle them up and lash them to the animal. Ignoring the costs for feed and stabling, the pack animal and its saddle will run you around 13 gold and the poles will cost 285 copper total. Assuming the local peasants charge a little extra to wealthy out-of-towners and accounting for good old fashioned adventuring generosity, your party should be able to comfortably carry enough 10 ft poles to disarm all but the most elaborate of labyrinths for as little as 15 gold pieces. Not only that, but that readily available stash of 405 pounds of wood has many other uses, such as firewood or improvised weapons (in a pinch).

And in terms of trap-checking and emergency food, who can beat the humble donkey?
>>
>>52520208
your mom
>>
is the MEGA not working for anyone else? Im trying to download shit but it keeps just getting stuck on 'initializing'
>>
>>52520250
yeah it's been like that all day for me
>>
File: Lich_Head_with_Rims.png (1MB, 2688x2191px) Image search: [Google]
Lich_Head_with_Rims.png
1MB, 2688x2191px
>Things that you have stolen from other media.

I have made it so whenever someone cast the Command spell it basically produces the same effect as the way the Lich does it in Adventure Time.
>>
File: Untitled.png (21KB, 627x354px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
21KB, 627x354px
>>52520250
>>
Is there no UA today?

>>52520287
I tend to copy whatever the latest awesome movie I've seen does.
>>
>>52520039
Snakes can't grapple. They can constrict, which puts the target in the grappled state. Crabs have claws, which can grapple one target each. Spiders have web, which can restrain targets, but they can not grapple; their limbs do not support it.
>>
>>52520287
The main criminal organization in my world is the Sa'kage from the Night Angel trilogy. The PCs are also getting magic items that morph to the weapon they prefer.
>>
>>52520321
Yeah, i would hate to play in a game ran by you. You're deliberately interpreting the rules poorly to limit player options. Basically the exact opposite of good DMing.
>>
>>52520315

Nope, UA is canceled forever.
>>
>>52520315
Read the thread, just fucking search cunt
>>
>>52520367
so is Christmas
>>
>>52520366
Why do you expect people to play by your shitty homerules? That's all RAW.
>>
>>52520137

>7 months into current game
>Rolled Deus Vult Pally who enjoys smiting the wicked
>rest of the party is mages+one rogue
>They're at death's door constantly because despite being good RPers they blow at actually fighting
>never actually get to smite the wicked because I'm too busy running around and healing people
>to the point where the rogue, on his own volition, offers me his boots of speed that we had a whole side-adventure to acquire.

I'm tempted to reroll but anything other than a cleric would mean that our next encounter would be our last, so why even bother.
>>
>>52520366
Not him, but I don't find uber character of the week builds interesting or compelling enough to allow corner cases on.
>>
>>52520417
I don't expect that anon. Reread my post. All it does is express my sincere desire to never play in a game you run because you're a players vs dm interpreting faggot.

>>52520436
I mean fair enough, don't allow the nuclear druid type things if you think they present balance issues. But to deny the spider monk the ability to grapple multiple people is just silly.
>>
>>52520421
Lore Bard 6 with a level of Life Cleric for Aura of Vitality shenanigans?
>>
Is it odd to anyone else that you can't dimension door an unconscious body? They have to die to make that work.
>>
MEGA TROVE DOWN

FUCK
>>
>>52520465

>I don't expect that anon.

But you do. You are calling him a bad DM for... not houseruling on your behalf.

Its not player vs DM to point out that spider legs aren't manipulators.

Every fucking thread, there's the same entitlement mentality player credo of "the DM MUST houserule on my behalf, or else he is a faggot, a terrible DM, no fun allowed, etc." Christ.
>>
>>52520137
>playing a Dwarf with History proficiency
>literally every session I manage to finagle DWARVEN STONECUNNING into a check somehow, often multiple times
apply yourself manling
>>
>>52520479
It's inconsistencies like this that the DM exists for. Run it by him and ask to have an exception made. Good ones will grant it in most situations.

For example, technically you can't grab an unconscious body without the body making a strength or dexterity check against your grapple attempt. But no sane DM would make you do that.
>>
File: unhelpful.png (9KB, 685x136px) Image search: [Google]
unhelpful.png
9KB, 685x136px
>>52520376
am i doing this wrong
>>
>>52520137
Generaly, I'd let people use history to scope out every free willed undead, dragon, elf, and dwarf around since they're OLD AS SHIT
>>
>>52520531
If you don't bend the rules to make sense and make the game fun for your players, you are a bad DM. That doesn't mean I expect you to do so. That just means you're bad.

See:>>52520554
>>
File: spidersdon'thavehands.jpg (202KB, 948x477px) Image search: [Google]
spidersdon'thavehands.jpg
202KB, 948x477px
>>52520465
>you're a players vs dm interpreting faggot.
You're in this delusion that I'd be out to ruin your fun. This delusion exists because you don't believe what you're asking goes against the rules, and is therefore a houserule.

If you call what you want to do as it is, which is ignoring the rules to encourage fun play, then a DM may allow it. If you try to argue that it's within the limitations of the rules and that I have to allow it, or should allow it, then you're going to be met with sadness.
>>
>>52520557
cheeky lil bastard
>>
>>52520577
>player wants to suplex a dragon because itd be fun
>he cant physically do it
>im now a bad DM for not changing the rules so he has fun

its cooperative fun, not a means of making someone else feel good
>>
>>52520557
you search for twitter, since its where they fucking announce shit. then you might find the link to the tweet, where they announce shit
>>
>>52520554
Well it would auto fail the check anyway.
>>
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/starter-spells
NEW UA

NEW UA

NEW UA
>>
>>52520638
>http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/starter-spells
Fuck yea! Spells!
>>
Trove re-upload when
>>
File: spidersdon'thavehands.jpg (223KB, 948x580px) Image search: [Google]
spidersdon'thavehands.jpg
223KB, 948x580px
>>52520595
Shit, forgot to include web.
>>
>>52520577
Hmmm... nah. Players are not entitled to any houserules made on their behalf at all. It is much better to weed out hostile little pricks like yourself in the early stages of your game.

Simply allowing multiclassing aimed at being abusive/optimal at all is a concession to the player and being generous.
>>
File: UA - Starter Spells.pdf (92KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
UA - Starter Spells.pdf
92KB, 1x1px
>>52520638
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/starter-spells
>>
>>52520577
>bend the rules to make sense
A spider holding 8 things does not make sense.
>>
>>52520607
Unconscious creatures only auto fail strength and dexterity saving throws, not ability checks.

Normally, an unconscious creature would not be able to attempt a strength or dexterity ability check, because that would require an action or reaction (which they can't take). But Grappling requires neither action or reaction on the guy being grappled, and is explicitly an ability check, not a saving throw.

They may have errata'd this though, I don't think I have the annotated PHB.
>>
File: 1435589944967.gif (1MB, 406x449px) Image search: [Google]
1435589944967.gif
1MB, 406x449px
>>52516308
So, I am making a bard based on this edition for a campaign I was invited to, but I never played this edition before. I plan on barding, too. But I find it hard to find info about this particular class vs the rest. So far, I have the PHB and both UAs about the Kits of Old and Bard Colleges. Is there any more published work about them that I missed?
>>
>>52520638

>Exclusive bard spells

FUCK YEAH
>>
>>52520680
new UA has new spells
>>
>>52520638
Is this shit for real? That's it?
>>
>>52520664
>You awaken the sense of mortality within a creature.
>They are frightened for the duration.
>Frightened: A frightened creature has disadvantage on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of its fear is within line of sight.
This spell does nothing because characters can't see their own mortality. Fuckin' owned, Wizards.
>>
>>52519447
Reboot.
Your ram is probably too full for Mega.
>>
File: 1486031799749.jpg (44KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1486031799749.jpg
44KB, 529x502px
>mfw Healing Elixir
>>
>>52520670
Watch the Kong movie. It's pretty good.

>>52520595
The issue with your interpretation is the nature of hands. To me, it doesn't make sense that a Giant Crab can only attempt to grapple something by damaging it, same for a snake. Yet these are the only ways you would allow the druid turned into these to grapple things. So as DM, i interpret "free hand" as "free appropriate appendage", of which the spider has 8. All entries in your image would be allowed to make a normal grapple attempt without having it count as a melee weapon attack, or being damaging in nature.
>>
>>52520664
Atonement is a FIRST CIRCLE SPELL now and it's a fucking SPELL FUNCTION, not even a dedicated spell of its own
yoooooooooo
>>
>>52520554
You shouldn't need to grapple an unconscious body, just pick it up and carry it. It takes two to tango.
>>
>>52520469

Eh, it's tempting, but I'm not really a munchkin. I try to build characters that would make sense; me and my friends don't see DnD as something that you should seek to "win". Winning comes from just having fun as your character. If I could come up with an appropriate backstory, then yeah, but for now I'll wait and see what happens.
>>
>>52520711
>mfw I created Chromatic Bolt as a cantrip long ago with the same mechanics
>mfw I created a 1st level wizard spell that heals 1d10, and Healing Elixir is even more op

Might aswell rename it from UA to "Make Wizards Great Again"
>>
>gay-marrying your fellow frontliner just before confronting the BBEG just so you can get +2 AC and saves for the fight
>>
>>52520664
Zephyr Strike on an Arcane Trickster seems hilariously broken.
>>
>>52520715
That's way too loose of an interpretation. A beast-shifted druid can't cast any spells. This means they can't cast spells that only have a somatic component. This means they don't have what constitutes as free hands.

I could make exceptions to this rule on a case by case basis. For a spider, it's assumed that they would web the target to restrain it, and then carry it. To allow grapples breaks this balance. I would probably let a giant spider grapple, but it would take multiple appendages to do so and I would probably reduce it's climb speed to 0/5/10.
>>
Are druids just as good in 5e as I am imagining by reading the wildshape feature? A fellow player is trying to negociate it away, and I don't know if I should be slapping him for trying to give it away for Channel Divinity. He is also new.
>>
>>52520751
In order to grab a creature, you need to grapple it anon.That's in the grapple rules.

This isn't good, but it is 100% raw.
>>
>>52520758
What's happening is that your party is way worse off by having the paladin waste their combat potential spending several turns per encounter using lay on hands to desperately get people back up, instead of actually killing enemies. This is action economy 101.

Someone needs Healing Word. Anyone.
>>
>chaos bolt can't bounce between two targets forever

NO FUN
>>
>>52520843
Yes and yes.

If he doesn't want wildshape then have him play a nature cleric.
>>
Are sorcerers weak, or are wizards just too good?
>>
>>52520841
That's retarded as fuck logic.

A druid not being able to cast spells doesn't mean you don't have free hands. Do you prevent your fighter from grappling because he doesn't have spells to cast? What about if someone puts an antimagic field around the paladin? Can he not grapple because suddenly he isn't allowed to cast spells, therefore he isn't allowed to cast spells that only have a somatic component, and therefore he doesn't have what constitutes free hands?

Fuck no. Learn how implications work you moron.
>>
>Puppet
Because Wizards not getting Command was SO UNFAIR

>>52520885
both
>>
>>52520869
Kelthuzad pls go
>>
>>52520638
>>52520664
>Chaos Bolt
>Sorcerer only spell
>Actually interesting
Yay!
>>
>>52520843
Its good for land druids for utility, and on rare cases, combat. It's very good for moon druids because its allows so much damage soaking, although there damage does drop off later on.
If they want a druid with a channel divinity, why don't they play a nature cleric?
>>
>>52520885
Sorcerers are fine for new players, and they aren't exactly superweak, but a wizard who knows what he's doing has much more at his disposal than a sorcerer.
>>
>>52520889
>Fuck no. Learn how implications work you moron.
Please sincerely take your own advice. Better yet, tell me why a druid can't cast somatic only spells in a beast shape.
>>
>>52520638
>>52520664
>Puppet
That's got a hell of a lot of potential for a first level spell.
>>
>>52520664
Zephyr Strike sounds amazing on Arcane Trickster, or any rogue desu, not sure if its better than Hex or Shield though.
>>
>>52520944
It's just Command, except it does two things that you want (provokes AoOs and disarms) and the DM can't twist it into being harmful to you in any way.

Pretty busted, actually.
>>
>>52520958
>>52520829
Why?
>>
>>52520944
I comboes well with grapplers.
Take every enemy into a murdercloud.
>>
>Unearthly Chorus
Because bards needed advantage on Performance, Deception, or Persuasion checks?
>>
>>52520889
>Fighter can't grapple cause he doesn't have spells.

Dude wut. How do you compare that to not being able to grapple cause you have no hands or any type of appendage that can squeeze.
>>
>>52520974
Auto advantage aka Auto Sneak attack, ignore AOO, and increased movement speed. I think it even stacks with Booming Blade
>>
>>52520974
Question.

Can Wizards have all spells in their book, but can only cast ones that they have spell slots for, or is it only certain spells you repeat cast every day?
>>
>>52520843
I know you're this guy

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?520155-What-about-a-druid-who-does-not-shapechange
>>
File: sage advice compendium page 7.png (88KB, 654x406px) Image search: [Google]
sage advice compendium page 7.png
88KB, 654x406px
>>
File: 1366852185362.jpg (32KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1366852185362.jpg
32KB, 645x773px
Why the fuck does dimension door have the requirement of "You can also bring one willing creature of your size or smaller " instead of "You can't bring creatures whose sizes are Large"?

Obviously it's to prevent low level characters from teleporting massive things, but as a halfling I can't even bring a party member along.

Is my height somehow proportional to my spell casting ability?
>>
>>52520929
Because their magical pipes and gears aren't configured right in beast form to cast spells, only to sustain them.

Because the druidic rituals that gave them the ability to wild shape interfere with their ability to cast spells in wild shape.

You could go from "doesn't have hands" to "can't use somatic components", but not to "can't use somatic components" to "doesn't have hands", because there are any number of reasons one can have hands but can't use somatic only spells.
>>
>>52521015
Umm a wizard has the spells he knows in his spellbook. He prepares a number of those each day to cast, during a long rest. He learns two new spells in his spellbook each level, but can copy spells from scrolls or other spellbooks into his own spellbook.
>>
>>52521022
if you made the door tall enough for someone else you wouldn't be able to reach the handle
>>
>>52520711
>You know what's a good idea? Letting Warlocks and Wizards have access to healing potions that last 24 hours! As usual, fuck sorcerers though.
>>
>>52520885
I played a short-lived campaign that started at level 17. My sorcerer outclassed the party wizard in every session but one the entire campaign. It pretty much boiled down to how well I used my spells compared to him.
>>
>>52520981
It's more like, "Because Bards can now force the friendly condition on an infinite number of enemies "(well, within radius)
>>
>>52521022
>Is my height somehow proportional to my spell casting ability?

Evidently. Fucking magic mang.
>>
>the UA gives more spells to Rangers than Sorcerers
>they don't even get the necro cantrip
loving every laugh
>>
>>52521037
it's soooooo good.
>>
>>52521021
There we go, that makes things easier. Now it's just up to the DM on if he wants to be retarded and say a spider can grapple 8 people at once and maintain full move speed, or whether it takes multiple appendages.
>>
>>52521022
THE DOOR IS YOUR SIZE, MORAN
>>
>has to reorganize my level up plans for my chars in light of these new spells
i mean that Zephyr Strike or w/e was MADE for an arcane trickster
>>
>>52521034
The thing about dimension door is that it's a door only in name. The actual spell effect is just a *POP* teleport, otherwise yeah, I GUESS I might be able to see why my height matters.
>>
>>52521039
Has to be enemies not already in combat; however, if the party has half a brain, they'll let the bard swoon the baddies before pulling out their guns.
>>
Does anyone know what the fuck is up with Mega? I can't sign in or download anything off any of the troves from anywhere and now it's even telling me the /5eg/ one has been taken down.
>>
File: dare.png (49KB, 175x145px) Image search: [Google]
dare.png
49KB, 175x145px
>bard is now EVEN BETTER
>>
>>52521003
>>52520958
>>52520829
At least one of the things should be removed. They already have bonus action dash/disengage.
Casting a level 1 spell is giving them 90 feet speed, advantage on their first attack per turn, and free disengange
>>
File: 1485253512726.gif (1024KB, 311x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485253512726.gif
1024KB, 311x250px
Being a wizard feels so fucking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk0sOGVSAP4
>>
>zephyr strike was made for arcane trickster x10
yall niggas know it's only on the Ranger spell list right
RIGHT?
>>
>>52519447
>>52520250
>>52520266
HOLY FUCK MY SALVATION

I have been swearing nonstop at my screen for the past hour trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with Mega on my end, because I have the exact same problem. At least we're not in this alone.
>>
>Infestation
>Cantrip
>Components: V, S, M (a living flea)

Jesus Christ, this has some pretty dire insinuations.
>>
>>52516308
mega link is dead.
>>
>>52521104
Well it's for rangers not Wizards so it's okay in this situation, but if multiclassing was a thing its pretty strong.
>>
>>52521015
>Copying a Spell into the Book.

>When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your spellbook if it is of a spell level you can prepare and if you can spare the time to decipher and copy it.
You can only copy spells of levels you can prepare.

>is it only certain spells you repeat cast every day?
You prepare a certain number of the spells you have in your spellbook after every long rest.
>>
>>52520664
>Guiding Hand
>If you don't move toward the hand, it beckons you to follow every 1d4 minutes
cute
>>
File: increasingly saddened loli.jpg (244KB, 805x1320px) Image search: [Google]
increasingly saddened loli.jpg
244KB, 805x1320px
>>52521121
>>
>Puppet - Your gesture forces one humanoid you can see within range to make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the target must move up to its speed in a direction you choose. In addition, you can cause the target to drop whatever it is holding. This spell has no effect on a humanoid that is immune to being charmed.
>doesn't say anything about forcing targets to move into obvious harm

Is...is this it? Our savior?
>>
>>52521180
yes
>>
>make healing elixer
>Stash elixer into a plane where time is stagnant, like feywild
>Keep making elixers every long rest
>Time to fight BBEG, withdraw 4000 elixers from your time locked vault

The ultimate cheese.
>>
Couldn't you poach Zephyr Strike with Magic Initiate and use your slots to cast it?
>>
>>52521140
Haha, I enjoyed that too. It's the little things.
>>
>>52521180
>walk away from Barbarian A, on to Bonfire B, into the range of Sentinel Fighter C, and drop your weapon
This basically makes Command look like shit now.
>>
Am I missing something or can Arcane Tricksters not take Zephyr Strike because it's a Ranger spell?
>>
>>52521022
MANLETS, WHEN WILL THEY LEARN
>>
>>52521121
You can just take it as a feat or dip two into Ranger. Auto Advantage Sneak attack and 90 speed per turn is broken no matter how you frame it.
>>
>>52521122
re-up on a site that isn't complete shit when
>>
>>52521202
No you can't Magic Initiate from a Ranger.
>>
What's your favorite cantrip or spell from the new UA?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12670701
>>
>>52521228
How are you getting 90 speed when Zephyr Strike uses both your bonus action (to cast) and the speed boost requires you to take the Attack action, preventing you from Dashing in any way?
>>
>>52521231
Oh shit
RIP arcane tricksters
>>
>>52521213
I thought forced movement doesn't cause OA's?
>>
>>52521266
Chaos bolt can't not win this
>>
>>52521283
"Forced movement" is shoves, pulls, falling or lifting. Things that happen whether or not the creature has speed remaining, as a consequence of some physical force acting on them.

Spells like Infestation, Puppet, Command, Suggestion are "coerced movement". A creature is still using its own speed to move around under its own power, it just doesn't have a choice in where or whether it's going.
>>
>>52521270
Rogues can dash as a bonus after the first turn
>>
>>52521270
Rogues can bonus action dash
>>
>>52521305
where is this distinction made in the rulebook
>>
>>52521300
Puppet, Healing Elixir, and Zephyr Strike are memes. Chaos Bolt is legitimately nice.
>>
File: 1487825012219.jpg (9KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487825012219.jpg
9KB, 240x240px
>>52521344
>Healing Elixir
>>
Tg explain the Compulsion spell to me. The wording is a mess. Is it single target or multiple targets?
>>
>>52521315
>this takes two turns to pull off and you're still a melee combatant
So what exactly is happening here
I'm stabbing a guy, casting a spell, waiting until next turn, stabbing him again, running 90 feet away so he has no chance of catching up to me, and then the next turn I... don't manage to get back to him because I can't cover 90 feet without the spell effect anymore.

This really isn't as ridiculous as anyone is making it out to be.
Also
>i'm playing a Rogue and not dual-wielding because ha ha I enjoy only getting one shot at landing my Sneak Attack
>>
>>52521315
>>52521316
>Use a bonus action to cast spell
>Use a second bonus action to dash
Literally what?
>>
>>52520664
>Healing Elixir
>Artificer doesn't get it
Get your shit together WotC.
>>
>>52521362
multiple targets of your choice
>>
>>52521380
It's a concentration spell, so it takes another turn to set up. I still don't see the point in being able to run really far away when you need to be able to get back there to kill the next enemy anyhow >>52521378
>>
>>52516308

Shit, the mega trove is dead.

I knew I should have downloaded everything when I had the chance...
>>
>>52521380
next turn retard
>>
>>52521362
>Creatures of your choice that you can see within range and that can hear you must make a Wisdom saving throw

Multiple that are within 30 feet
>>
>>52521362
Multiple.
>>
>>52521380
>Duration: 1m C
Oh shit, nevermind.
>>
>>52521402
Anon, we know you're >>52521316 and not >>52521315
You completely forgot that the spell was a bonus action and now you're just covering
I was Scrying you when you said "oh shit" IRL
>>
>New UA
>It's more "fuck martials lmao we caster edition"
Everytime.
>>
Why does everyone keep saying 90ft? Surely its 60ft or 120ft if you dash once?
>>
>>52521300
Chaos Bolt is a meme.
>>
>>52521417
they'll never give martials anything remotely close to passable healing or control
>>
>>52521400
All of Mega seems to be having problems for a lot of people. can't download shit from any trove or collection, 5e or otherwise
>>
File: 1490191388466.jpg (92KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
1490191388466.jpg
92KB, 1024x802px
>Warlock doesn't get Chaos Bolt
>Warlock gets Healing Elixir, which doesn't scale at all
>Ceremony and Wild Cunning both costing no spell slot because ritual being so useful
>Zephyr Strike in general
>d12 damage cantrip

what is this UA
>>
>>52521428
They still think Zephyr Strike is on the Wizard spell list or that you can Magic Initiate the Ranger list and Rangers can bonus action Dash or that everyone is some fucking Arcane Trickster/Ranger MC.

That's a lot of fucking effort for an effect that doesn't really give you any benefit WHEN YOU ARE A FUCKING MELEE CHARACTER
>>
>>52521428
30 feet normal movement, 30 feet additional movement. If you're a rogue, you can get up to 90 feet or 180 feet if you dash.
>>
File: ForWhomTheBellTolls.jpg (101KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ForWhomTheBellTolls.jpg
101KB, 600x600px
I never realized I wanted this as a spell and now we have it.
>>
File: ec2786278a944976bcf65d05d82e7912.jpg (325KB, 1200x903px) Image search: [Google]
ec2786278a944976bcf65d05d82e7912.jpg
325KB, 1200x903px
>>52521448
Yep. Tested in other browsers as well. Probably why I had trouble downloading anything from it.
>>
>>52521428
Indeed, it would be 120ft. I've always entertained the idea of a range/rogue multiclass, but I think adding UA into it feels a bit too cheaty.
>>
>>52521456
how are you casting zephyr strike as a rogue
also, please give us a combat situation where this is useful
bonus points if this situation could conceivably arise more than once over the course of three campaigns
>>
>>52521022
Any creature can go to a door that is one size smaller than him if he squish. It is in the Players Handbook
>>
File: SMRPG_DoomReverb.png (13KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
SMRPG_DoomReverb.png
13KB, 256x223px
>>52521463
I honestly would have preferred a name as cool as Doom Reverb but its still a bell.
>>
>>52521456
You move 30ft, you increase your speed by 30 to get 60. You dash allowing you to move twice. 60+60 is 120, not 90 or 180.
>>
File: 1366591484986.jpg (7KB, 210x251px) Image search: [Google]
1366591484986.jpg
7KB, 210x251px
>>52521451
>warlock once again gets meme spells
>still no bestow curse
>>
>>52521473
I was only guessing what the others were saying. As for usefulness in a combat situation you'd have to ask the other people.
>>
>>52521473
You just have to dip into ranger. Its not a great build idea but you are acting like it is impossible for a rogue to use this spell.
>>
>>52521473
>also, please give us a combat situation where this is useful
Why would 60+ movement speed, no OA's against you and advantage on attacks not be useful to a melee rogue?
>>
>new UA is out
And I don't even know for how long. When I finally figured it out, it was BELOW the UA from last week.

The spells are fucking great. Nearly every one, I read them and was kind of awestruck that they weren't in the PHB initially.
>>
>>52521416
Huh? I'm neither of those two
>>
>>52520759
I remember seeing that Chromatic Bolt thing.
>>
>>52521436
but goy, martial can't be complicated, have options or be good!
You don't want to be like complicated GURPS or EVIIIIIIL d100 rolemaster/anima/40kRPG, do you?
>>
Alright, guys, now for the real question: If this week we get starter spells, what are the odds we'll get level 2 and 3 spells next week? And so on and so forth for the rest of April?
>>
>>52521576
Not good.
>chugs Healing Elixir and rides off on heelies
>>
>>52521530
People are specifically talking about 90 FOOT MOVEMENT IS BUSTED HOLY SHIT, BONUS ACTION DASH and Rogues

Please keep all of this in mind:
You can't cast Zephyr Strike as an Arcane Trickster or with Magic Initiate; you need to multiclass into Ranger, giving up Sneak Attack progression and requiring 13 Wis
60 feet of movement (120 if you dash) gets you way the fuck out of trouble, but next turn you have to get back in; either you're now too far away to get back (you dashed out), or you didn't dash originally, spend your bonus action to Dash back into range, and now don't have your bonus action to TWF with

What the FUCK was the point when you can walk 30 feet away from anything and they're not going to follow you unless there's literally nothing else to do
>>
>>52521576
You know you got me to go back to the UA Article. I had thought this was the last UA of a weekly fashion, but then rereading they actually said this is the last month they're doing that. So that's a good feel there.
>>
>>52521576
Well UAs released next to each other have never really been connected before so I don't know why you would think so.
>>
>>52516873
Warlock multiclasses are basically there to turn long rest classes into short rest classes without access to the highest level appropriate spells.
>>
>>52521340
When it said the DM is king
>>
My wizard is already sweaty and hammering some shit in a dark forge, creating Ring of the Zephyr (cast Zephyr Strike, 1d4+1 charges a day) which will sell for 1 billion gold on Trade
>>
Reminder that banishment is the most clutchests of spells.
>>
>>52521123
That sorcs are dirty hobos?
>>
>>52521615
Pretty sure Warlock spell slots don't work that way beyond Paladins using them to smite.
>>
>>52521646
What? Druids and Wizards get it too. And Druids if anything are dirtier than hobos.
>>
>>52517019
Wildshape and Unarmored Defense are incompatible and do not stack.
>>
>>52521658
Nevermind, apparently it is.
>>
>>52521663
Warlocks also get it. Now I dunno about Druids, they might be dirty but you can figure where they've been. Warlocks? Can smell of fairy farts, brimstone, or indescribable things.
>>
Ceremony looks like it has some fun roleplaying potential.
>>
File: 1462323154500.jpg (134KB, 1021x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1462323154500.jpg
134KB, 1021x1003px
>>52520638
>Warlocks and Wizards get a level 1 healing spell
>Wild cunning pretty much replaces Survival
>>
>>52521590
>TWF
>as an AT
Why? You use melee cantrips
Also, you're assuming all your movement is to run away, when that isn't the case as a melee rogue. You want to run in, hit them, and get out
>>
>>52521725
>a level one healing spell that's better than anything else you could do for level one healing
>>
>>52521721
Why? Its all shit you could just do without a spell before. Actually had a coming of age ceremony for a NPC the party knew in a session a few weeks ago.
>>
>>52521512
what is sign of ill omen
>>
File: ive had enough.png (768KB, 586x795px) Image search: [Google]
ive had enough.png
768KB, 586x795px
>For a while now, we’ve been releasing Unearthed Arcana multiple times a month as part of a special series of articles. That series wraps up at the end of April 2017. After that, we’ll return to releasing Unearthed Arcana once, sometimes twice, a month, and the Sage Advice column will return. In the meantime, Jeremy Crawford will continue to provide official rules answers on Twitter (@JeremyECrawford), as well as in the Sage Advice segment in the Dragon Talk podcast.
>>
>>52521672
This is incorrect. You keep class features while Wildshaped. Your Unarmored Defense calculation now uses the creature's Dexterity (which replaced yours) and your own Wisdom. And before you start going
>but that doesnt make any sense, you didn't train to fight wisely as a spider
I remind you that racial features also transfer over and it doesn't matter if your fucking Halfling is in his normal form or is a goddamn shark, he's still Lucky.
>>
>>52521779
oh boy can't wait to give up a whole invocation just to cast a spell worse than a wizard
>>
>>52521781
Think he meant Natural armour and Unarmoured defense do not stack.
>>
File: historical feel scotch.jpg (159KB, 553x599px) Image search: [Google]
historical feel scotch.jpg
159KB, 553x599px
>>52521780
RIP in pepperoni. On the bright side, that probably means Player's Handbook II isn't too far away.
>>
>>52518205
Stunning Strike is a boss killer extraordinaire. It works okay on 3-4 enemies too.
>>
>>52521780
i can't wait until we're blessed by more of crawford's incredibly unhelpful "answers" to simple questions
>>
>>52521821
>Player's Handbook II
pls be true
>>
>>52518205
My Monk is MVP, you're the joke.
>>
>>52521825
>what is legendary resistance
>>
New thread laddies >>52521870
>>
File: 1489596497858.jpg (128KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489596497858.jpg
128KB, 600x600px
>>52521864
>>
>>52521876
New thread.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>52521872
>>52521911
let the dice decide
>>
>>52521781
So a Wild Shaped Warforged Druid stil receive +1 to AC. Or an Asimar from Volo gets its Radiant Soul. Interesting
>>
File: druid_warrior_by_nhur-d49sy5l.jpg (144KB, 646x800px) Image search: [Google]
druid_warrior_by_nhur-d49sy5l.jpg
144KB, 646x800px
>>52520929
Obviously the Druid gods didn't want wildshaped druids casting spells. Maybe they wanted them to be more in touch with the wild or maybe the gods made a deal with other gods to not make druids that powerful.

Perhaps in ages past, Druids could wildshape and cast spells, but the gods changed it after the soul of iron was corrupted by the T'rau Stone Giant Ironbreakers. That would also be around the same time as Druids stopped wearing metal armor in memory of the T'rau primordial god who sacrificed itself to save the prime material plane.

Those druids who manage to soothe the remnant spirit of the T'rau god are then blessed with the ability to cast spells in wildshape, but must first quest to find the god in the Shadowfell. I dunno, Anon, go ask your DM why, you'll probably get a different answer.
>>
>>52520664
Note that Ceremony only needs powdered silver, it doesn't consume it.

Also, why do married couples need protection? The kids won't be born out of wedlock now!
>>
File: Galadriel_Dol_Guldur.jpg (51KB, 1024x582px) Image search: [Google]
Galadriel_Dol_Guldur.jpg
51KB, 1024x582px
>>52521022
The Cleric of Fate does some divinations and auguries with the Divination Wizard's help and they tell you that you have to quest to a temple of the goddess of magic and have the oracle there fall into a magic trance. Then you can ask your question to the oracle channeling the goddess to gain your answer.

The goddess will make up some bullshit about the weave and the warp and weft of magic, but in all honesty, she just hates halflings ever since Brandobaris led a bunch of Slaadi on a panty raid of her drawers.
>>
>>52521340
Not him, but I know for a fact that in order to provoke an AoO you must be using your own speed.
It's in the section for AoOs
>>
>>52521344
Chaos bolt does so little dmg tho? 2d8, +1d6/sl? Seems week
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 498x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 498x450px
>>52520638
>1st level Cleric spell: Ceremony
>Coming of Age
>You touch one humanoid old enough to be a young adult.
>>
>>52521781
WRONG. Wildshape is considered an armor calculation (retarded I know, but there it is) and therefore incompatible with other armor calculations.
>>
>>52521868
Something that can be used three times against a party of 3-7 characters who have more than three things that will fuck up a boss.
>>
>>52520638
I'm just happy my Death Cleric got a new spell to twin.
>>
>>52520958
>>52521104
Guys, Zephyr Strike isn't a wizard spell. Arcane trickster can't learn it. They'd have to multiclass to ranger.
>>
>>52522664
it doesn't scale particularly well, but i guess they didn't wanted for a lucky roll to explode too many things too hard. it's really mediocre unless you get the chain, but being able to deal all elemental damage is nice either way.
>>
File: Tenchi Wenchies.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tenchi Wenchies.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>>52520664
>Marriage
>You touch adult humanoids willing
to be bonded together in marriage.
>doesn't specify that there can only be two humanoids
>>
>>52521266
The only reason I don't vote chaos bolt is cause ceremony is cute as shit and cute as shit spells should always be in this game.
>>
>>52524127
You gotta mean it though I believe, if your whole party has been crushing on each other the entire time but never mentioned it then that is bullshit.
Thread posts: 419
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.