[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a treasure chest in your campaign. Stat me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: allstate.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
allstate.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
I'm a treasure chest in your campaign. Stat me.
>>
>>52515367

A Maurader who enjoys causing random bits of chaos. Only other Mages can actually see him but he'll always appear as the thing that will cause the situation to turn bad.
>>
>>52515393
Question. Does he have a form of possession or is he just using disguises? It's not like Becky and Johnny never existed and someone does own that car. Who's actually behind the wheel?
>>
>>52515520
Definitely possession
>>
File: 1491131145985.jpg (100KB, 562x558px) Image search: [Google]
1491131145985.jpg
100KB, 562x558px
>>52516162
How many lives has he ruined? How many people in the world suffered from the Mayhem Phenomenon? How many people use it as an excuse?
>"I didn't mean to crash my car, it was Mayhem!"
>"I didn't shoot up that building! Mayhem made me?"
>"Mayhem told me to rob that bank! I'm innocent!"
>>
>>52516510
If we go by canon, he can only air to possess things/interact with the environment for very brief windows. So he can't make you rob a bank, but he can make you accidentally fire a gun and kill someone
>>
>>52517772
To follow up: whole he does not appear to be able to possess long term, he can seemingly possess multiple things at once, across a broad geographic range, in order to make things happen just so
>>
>>52516510
There's a billboard near my house that occasionally posts Atlanta's most wanted. A few months ago there was one for a guy named Tahja T. Williams, and beneath that it read AKA MAYHEM

also, mayhem would make a kickass supervillain name
>>
File: 283.png (89KB, 390x216px) Image search: [Google]
283.png
89KB, 390x216px
>>52517772
>>52517849
Even if the time frame to possess something in the enviorment is small, it doesn't say he can't bounce from one point to the next instantaneously. If he was really serious he could theoretically topple a city in a week tops.

>>52517908
>implying Mayhem isn't a villian created by the mad scientists of Allstate to stay wealthy in the insurance business.
>>
>>52515367
He's a curse or a warp spirit.
>>
>>52523735
No. He is a malevolent aspect of the setting's trickster God.
>>
>>52519107

The twisted part is that Mayhem can be killed. He can leave the body he is currently in at any time, but if the body actually dies with him in it he dies too.

But doing so obviously kills the victim of his possession as well.

Could you do it? Kill an innocent person for just the sheer chance that you would kill Mayhem in the process, knowing that if you are too slow by just a fraction of a second you have killed them for nothing?
>>
>>52523894
You have no chance. He can become a spring breeze, your own blind spot, or electronics. You are dealing with a god, like >>52523863 said.
>>
>>52523894
>The twisted part is that Mayhem can be killed
He pretty explicitly can't, considering the number of times mayhem should/does kill the host in the commercials
>>
>>52515367
Speaking of treasure chests: an awakened animated treasure chest with hunger for treasure, powers to make it an anti-mimic and thief or assassin class levels.
>>
>>52523894
The risk is too great for a single person to bear, BUT, if higher ups knew of Mayhem's capabilities then they'll probably quarantine the entire area.

But then they try to control and track accidents outside of the quarantine. Massive hysteria inside and outside of the walls creates two viewpoints of either keep expanding the quarantine until a better comes up versus the solution is to bomb the whole damn place. Martial law in the quarantine and infighting on the outside. Mayhem wins.

>>52524074
I don't think he's killed anyone in the commercials yet. Maybe he's a fickle force like a fey creature playing games, or he's just a parahuman that still thinks that if he gets caught, he's going to a prison he can't get out of.
>>
>>52525947
If you are dead, you stop anguishing and that's not fun for a trickster.
>>
>>52526041
exactly, this being is a player, and why on earth would he permanently break his own toys? Maybe through accidents, maybe a few of them but never en mass or entirely on purpose.
>>
>>52526098
Maybe finally being known is relieving. Plus, everyone knowing the rules makes the game more fun. I still think this guy is still sane to know consequences. He's fucking powerful, but not that out of touch with reality. Is he an asshole or a just a big kid?
>>
>>52526222
Could be the demigod offspring of a trickster god, a la Percy Jackson. This power level seems above that though.
>>
>>52526371
So how do you catch, punish, and kill a trickster?
>>
>>52526041
what if he kills your mother to make you anguish or something like that
>>
>>52526371
I think he himself is a minor chaos god. While he clearly is malevolent, I don't think he ever outright gets people killed on purpose. Meyham just wants to fuck your day up, your whole week if he can.
>>
>>52526930
Probably none of those, barring some macguffin. I would think you just stay so boring that they leave. Imagine a city in which he is known to be, that enacts literal laws against fun.
>>
File: Amelia Bedelia.jpg (68KB, 465x374px) Image search: [Google]
Amelia Bedelia.jpg
68KB, 465x374px
Any real trickster god would be so good at tricking that they would fool even themselves. The best chaos is unwitting.
>>
>>52527165
>neighboring cities beg the Mayhem'd city to keep him there
>neighboring cities citizens or even government agents go to the Mayhem'd to keep his game going
>the victim city and their citizens are pissed and do the same thing
>state to state riots about a guy who may or may not be there at the moment

>>52527397
>pic
>fuckyourbrainsout.jpg
>>
File: Amelia_2b17cd_6026630.jpg (115KB, 900x576px) Image search: [Google]
Amelia_2b17cd_6026630.jpg
115KB, 900x576px
>>52527438
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.