[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT'S HERE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 30

File: AT LAST.png (599KB, 1038x433px) Image search: [Google]
AT LAST.png
599KB, 1038x433px
IT'S HERE
>>
>>52515271
skaven best bois
>>
>>52515271
I AM THE HERALD OF THE ONE TRUE GOD

SALAMANDER JESUS
>>
>>52515271

Why the fuck does Warhammer Fantasy get all the good video game adaptations, while WH40K is stuck with Yawn of War and Eternal Crusade?
>>
>>52515616
Generic Fantasy setting is easier to sell to plebs.
>>
>>52515616
Man, 40k got DoW I and II which were awesome. Let the Fantasy fan get some nice game too.
I am not sure a 40k total war could work
>>
Why can the Tomb Kings never catch a break?
>>
>>52515616
At least you have a game to play. We'll never be able to play over a tabletop or paint again so let us have this
>>
File: TombKingArt1.jpg (67KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
TombKingArt1.jpg
67KB, 600x400px
>>52515734
Suffering builds character for fans of best faction.
>>
>>52515616
Dawn of War and eternal crusade are great games. This is just fantasy fags falling in love with total war, which all people should do honestly.
>>
>>52515762
Then what the fuck are you doing here?
>>
>>52515616
We had Battlefleet. Yes it was great while it lasted.
>>
>>52515734
>>52515792
I'm 900% certain the tomb kings got rolled into undead so they could drop them.
>>
>>52515976
For the Warhammer Fantasy RPGs of course.
>>
>>52515616
>Why the fuck does Warhammer Fantasy get all the good video game adaptations, while WH40K is stuck with Yawn of War and Eternal Crusade?
Because Fantasy dead and GW allowed good game happened
>>
>>52515734
They'll probably be unlocksble in the future after you pay ten dollars.
>>
>>52515642
That's why currently generic fantasy btfo from vidya, while it's flourish in tabletop games?
>>
>>52515762
Are you retarded or something? Is your idiot wrangler a redshirt that trashed all your books and models once AoS rolled out?
WHFB hasn't been better off since the advent of 8th edition.
>>
>>52516357
Thats a pretty low bar to set really...
>>
>>52516357
I suppose that was melodramatic, but with some grounding in reality: lost my 6th edition army in a fire, moved to Africa with my parents, then returned to find the setting squatted.
>>
>>52516413
I'll take "abandoned in the woods" over an edition of being mostly ignored and another edition of shitting the bed as hard as possible.
At least now people are finally open to 3rd party models and GW doesn't touch the fluff anymore.
>>
File: XS5LK.gif (883KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
XS5LK.gif
883KB, 500x269px
>>52516357
>WHFB hasn't been better off since the advent of 8th edition.
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>52516539
There hasn't been any new material worth mentioning since 6th edition died and there are a shitton of suppliers with great miniatures in 28mm, 15mm and 10mm to play with. Moreso than ever, because GW doesn't sue their asses now if they make State Troops that blow pieces of shit from 7th Edition out of the water.
>>
Hey, at least we got Kings of War at the moment Fantasy died. The game is fun and it is very encouraging of cool unit fillers and dioramas--I am experimenting with water effects for my skink units now. Only bummer is that units seem very fragile in most cases. Also it's difficult to support the company outside of the rules because oh fuck Mantic your models are bad.
>>
>>52516623
So where might one find people willing to play, since I imagine the GW stores would refuse to host games?
>>
>>52516731
>Hey, at least we got Kings of War at the moment Fantasy died.
Yeah and none plays it.
>>
>>52516747
Is that a common experience? I only know my area has a bunch of players, quite a bit more than both GW games combined because 0+0 is still zero
>>
>>52516738

I don't see why they would refuse. Probably not actively advertise for it, or set up leagues or something, but it's still their shit. Hell, they still sell the models (mostly). If you and a friend wanted to play, I can't picture a redshirt running up to you guys and stopping you when he sees you bust out the rulebook.
>>
Is Total Warhammer a good game? By which I mean does it both vaguely represent how Fantasy played and is fun in its own right. I see that the Steam reviews are pretty low, which means it's either too good or too bad for morons.
>>
>>52515616
I can't count 3 WHF games that were good, TW:W, mordenheim, and vermintide. Mark of chaos was subpar, same with WAR online.
>>
>>52517068
It sticks extremely close to the representations of the factions both fluff and crunchwise. For example, Demigryph knights actually get bonus against large and are armor piercing. The low reviews are from poorfags complaining about factions being 10 bucks sometimes. If you got rid of all the DLC triggereds it'd probably be around 9.5/10
>>
>>52517068
steam reviews are due to DLC policy beeing jew tier.
The game itself is good.

Also butthurt historical total war fags crying over the one Warhammer game beeing better than all the historical games.
>>
>>52515616
Because WH40K is just Star Wars for edgelords.
>>
>>52517250
>Also butthurt historical total war fags crying over the one Warhammer game beeing better than all the historical games.
So basically just like WHFB fags here?
>>
>>52515616
Fantasy is extremely easy to adapt to the highly successful Total War model. And to be fair, 40k did get Space Marine.
>>
>>52517250
>Also butthurt historical total war fags crying over the one Warhammer game beeing better than all the historical games.

Interesting statement considering historical fans seem to complain most about the features Warhammer lacks compared to Atilla and Shogun 2, as well as the new sieges and general lack of the little details like reloading animations.

Just give it time. When the next total war historical title comes out, they'll stop. It's literally just fear that Warhammer's stripped down features will become standard due to its popularity as opposed to CA just following a style closer to the tabletop, which has been their justification so far and I buy it. But so help me God, if the next historical game has that siege system from Warhammer I will firebomb CA.
>>
I hope they don't broach into the AOS malarkey with this series

I will it drop harder than a case of bricks
>>
>>52517825

Wtf even is the siege system? Every time I try, I get the siege queue shit and think it's built, then maybe it appears maybe it doesn't in my battles. In the end I give up waiting and just throw my zombies and doot doots at a gate until it breaks open, then clog the entryway. Seems to work usually
>>
>>52517068
It's easier to list the bad things than all the good.

The really bad is the sieges. They are incredibly simple and underwhelming compared to earlier TW games, and by a large margin too. This is also really sad when you think of the lore, and the opportunities they missed out on with this.

The rest of the bad is: A few really cool missing diplomatic options from earlier games, factions restrictions on what areas to conquer(fixable by mods) and that some of the factions like greenskin and dwarf lords have nonsensical starting-positions if you know the lore.

Besides this it's the best TW game to date, both mechanically and aesthetically(graphics and animations).
That doesn't mean the game will outshine your nostalgic experience with TW game X, like with my time n Shogun2. But even hardcore fans will admit it's a really good game.
>>
>>52517250
>>52517825
I find the complaining pretty funny after CA stated multiple times that they would be releasing a warhammer trilogy, and the next game would be warhammer 2.
They have also said that they have a historical game in the works, but all of this was somehow completely ignored by a ton of people even after the TW community had been talking about it for months.

Yes they made the trailer release all "mysterious" but only as mysterious as it get's with a countdown screen showing a misty jungle with occasional dinosaur roars in the background. And with all this information available. WITH the warhammer community going "Oh! Lustria! Cool" all over the chat.
>>
>>52519101
>this it's the best TW game
>aesthetically(graphics and animations).
>shitty WHFB aesthetics
>cavalry cannot switch weapon after charge
>soldiers trying to hit air instead of enemies
>>
So what legendary lords are we going to get most likely aside from Mazdamundi, Malekith, and Tyrion? Most likely Teclis and Morathi? What are the odds of Malus Darkblade or Lokhir Fellheart?
>>
File: 1490976013178.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490976013178.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>52515271
ELVES GTFO REEEEEEEE
>>
>>52517068
If I recall correctly, the review scores are fucked because CA pissed off the chinese by cancelling their translation so they spammed a bunch of bad reviews
>>
File: 1383103890212.jpg (52KB, 898x348px) Image search: [Google]
1383103890212.jpg
52KB, 898x348px
>>52518699
The way sieges work in Total War Warhammer is how they work on the tabletop iirc. The map is essentially your army on one end, a wall on the other, and your job is to get into the limited area behind the wall. There are no massive city sieges, no baiting your enemy out of the castle, no waiting and using your artillery to destroy towers and walls before marching in, no very limited street to street combat, no burning large sections of the city, it all focuses on your ability to blitz a wall. It's kind of a pisser and honestly gets dull and tedious quickly. I get what they went for, and I respect the idea, but I don't like it and compared to earlier titles it's just not as fun. Especially with all the cool new units, monsters, and magic holy shit they had so much to work with and they just shat the bed.

The game for me is a honestly good game though. As long as those changes and simplifications exist to add a tabletop legitimacy aren't aren't there to stay beyond that. Which I think is the case because they mention something about their Historical team working on a game with 'all the depth fans expect'. Also they're doing God's work with the engine.

>>52519101
Atilla and Shogun where better mechanically, but this is pretty good. I miss the ability to set forests on fire, it would make fighting Tree Hitler a much more enjoyable experience.

>have troops with flamethrowers that jettison flame 80 meters
>don't include the ability to do anything more permanent to the battle map than scorch it
>mfw

Still though. Great game.
>>
>>52519322
>What are the odds of Malus Darkblade or Lokhir Fellheart?
Hellebron
>>
>>52519330
>tfw can't choose between Lizardmen, Dark Elves, and High Elves when the time comes

Probably going to go lizardmen though
>>
>>52519322
certain tier
>mazdamundi
>malekith
>tyrion
>teclis
probable tier
>kroq gar
>morathi
>thanquol
hopefully tier
>ikit claw
>>
File: 1487365184608.jpg (36KB, 680x678px) Image search: [Google]
1487365184608.jpg
36KB, 680x678px
>>52515616
>>52515642
>>
File: 1490978550379.gif (3MB, 590x633px) Image search: [Google]
1490978550379.gif
3MB, 590x633px
>>52515271
Good for CA to recognise where to invest the budget
>>
>>52519492
What exactly about either of those two posts strikes you as bait?
Or did you think Eternal Crusade and Dawn of War were good games?
>>
>>52515616
Because making games is a difficult, time-consuming and expensive process requiring a wide variety of talent, very little room for error due to time constraints, and a childish audience that gets off on being snobs.
>>
>>52519556
none of those would be problems if teams were competent
>>
File: sghhh.jpg (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
sghhh.jpg
6KB, 150x150px
>Be Skaven bro
>Barely play TW:WH1 because of no Skaven
>Eagerly await the next game, which will surely have Skaven
>Watch trailer
>Hop up in down in my seat chanting SKAVEN SKAVEN SKAVEN
>Hug my Queek Headtaker plush toy as I await the Skaven reveal
>See the new factions
>Fuck off gay pepemen
>Fuck off fag Elves
>Trailer cuts to black and logo comes up
>Don't see any Skaven
>I immediately REEEEEEEEE and through my computer across the room
>Kick my baby brother across the room
>Claw at mommys face while yelling WHERE ARE THEY SKAVEN. Mommy doesnt even know what a skaven is
>Later found out that there's a little teaser of Skaven at the very end

whoops.
>>
>>52519322
>Malus Darkblade
free post launch addition like other fan favourites like grombindal and vlad
>Lokhir Fellheart
screams for being part of a grim&grave style dlc along with karybdis and black arcs pirates
>>
>>52515734
because vampires are cooler

I predict TW3 will have Tomb Kings, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves, and Daemons though. Setting will be darklands/Nehekhara/mountains of morn
>>
>>52519391
You forgot kroak under "definitely"
>>
File: IMG_3953.png (472KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3953.png
472KB, 620x349px
*hisses in lizard*
>>
>>52519640
>Queek Headtaker plush toy
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>52519684
kroak is definitely not coming for launch since we have the emperor mazda himself as slann representative among the LL

given kroak is just a remodel that doesn't need new animations it will definitely be a free addition
>>
>>52519678
>Tomb Kings
they are coming sooner since we have got the southlands in this game

I want game 3 to have the realm of chaos as part of the map
>>
>>52519369

Yeah, I do enjoy the game. I'm shit at it, and have to play on easy mode to not get shitstomped early on, but it's enjoyable. Just kinda sad that, in a way, how Empire: Total War actually inspired me to play Empire on tabletop, and blasting the fuck out of cities with cannons from afar until there weren't even walls left to defend, then running hordes of pikemen in to kill doesn't translate in this game, of setting up hellblaster volleyball guns and mortars to collapse Castle Drakenhof to the ground, before my dirty angry hobo Free Company takes to the streets.
>>
File: BEST DAY EVER.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BEST DAY EVER.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52519691
*chants in homotherm*
>>
>>52515734
We're getting southlands in warhammer 2 so tomb kings are all but confirmed.
>>
>>52519391

No Kroak?
>>
File: Clans.gif (2MB, 2500x3610px) Image search: [Google]
Clans.gif
2MB, 2500x3610px
which clans are gonna get represented do you think?
>>
>>52516738
Clubs and friends, mate. The way wargames were meant to be played.
>>
>>52519930
nah, it's most like going to be tehenhuan

having one slaan, one saurus and one skink makes sense
>>
>>52519836
I kinda liked the bloodbowl skink design better
>>
>>52519322
>What are the odds of Malus Darkblade or Lokhir Fellheart

Low, unless they introduce Legendary Agents.
>>
>>52519959
only the major four and clan mors, i'dd say. Clan mors possibly as dlc, with a quest to join the council of 13.
the rest aren't relevant enough
>>
>>52519640
You wasted GBP for nothing. Tendies come to the patient, friend.
>>
>>52519999
Who was the named Sarus Lord? It's been so long I can't recall, but I thought that they were all just Heroes. Totally the inner autist in me assuming a Hero rank character from tabletop doesn't qualify as a legendary lord, but I thought CA had stuck with that all fairly decently.
>>
>>52519959
>>52520053
I really hope they don't just start with clan pestileens and give you access to the whole horde
>>
>>52520130
kroq gar

The guy with the bionic arm and carnosaur.
>>
>>52519959
>CLAN SKULLY
>Clan Sjully's warriors try to emulate the agents of Clan Eshin, but their clunky armour clanks as they move and their red cloaks stand out a mile away.

lol they litteraly gave Clan Eshin an autist little brother!
>>
File: Kroq-Gar_Karl_Kopinski.jpg (114KB, 683x945px) Image search: [Google]
Kroq-Gar_Karl_Kopinski.jpg
114KB, 683x945px
>>52520130
kroq gar
>>
>>52519959
"Skaven" will be a faction, with technology to unlock Skyre, Eshin and Moulder units

Pestilens will probably be in the Southlands as second start pos (CA said each LL has a different startpos, so Thanquol is in Lustria and Pestilens dude in the Southlands or something)

Then you will have NPC clans from both Southlands and Lustria, but they will be just recolor of normal skaven. I'd say Morbidus, Septik and Spittl will skaven around the campaign map
>>
>>52520226
They will have Nurglitch leading skaven in Lustria just like they made Azhag alive at the same time as Grimgor. Mark my words.
>>
File: what.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw a slann in 3 seconds has displayed more expressions than the elves through the whole trailer
>>
>>52520318
>where are my rat tendies.jpg
>>
>>52520318
>>
>>52519999
>Tiktaq'to will not be a leader
REEEEE, HE KILLED BELAKOR.
>>
File: being disappoint in italian.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
being disappoint in italian.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>52520336
>>
>>52520318
Isn't quite the point that high elves are stoic badass dudes with no expression?

I guess dark elf witches should've had more expressive raging expressions but Malekith, well, he does what he can.
>>
>>52520339
I mean, having the three guys with dinobot mounts as LLs would make sense, but skavengenocide's got more narrative significance.
>>
>>52520312
I think nurglitch was still alive up to the end times, considering that upon return from the first campaign to lustria and the creation of the new clan he got a seat at the table of 13 with access to the long life elixir; or at least another pestilent rat that got the same name/title was anyway.

the problem with nurglitch would be animating it; we'll see if giant rats as mounta for skaven warlords are in by launch
>>
>>52520130
Kroq "Laser Hand" Gar

He rides a Carnosaur and is pretty much the template for all Saurus Lords.
Hes got very little personality but thats par the course for lizardmen characters.
>>
>>52515616
Fuck you the original DOW was and still is one of the best RTS of all time.

If you ignore Soulstorm
>>
>>52520455
When you're a man dinosaur with a laser hand riding a T-Rex, you don't really need any more personality.
>>
>>52515271
Wait, so we aren't gonna get to have every faction on a single huge WHF world map?
>>
>>52515271
this could have been an expansion pack. Total war wont have any more of my money.
>>
>>52516017
>great while it lasted
What happened?
>>
>>52520444
every pestilens leader is named nurglitch. They assume his position and name after assassinating the previous one
>>
>>52521146
yes we will, how the hell do people still not understand this.
>>
>>52521146
You will, but that functionality won't be in at immediate release and with be patched in or be FreeLC.
>>
>>52521275
I only played the game for a few months after release and haven't kept up with the development much. My impression was that everything would be released as add ons to the main game but unless I'm mistaken (I probably am) it looks more like the Ceasar campaign for Rome 2 where it's just new maps that are separate from the main game.
>>
>>52520318
It's a fat frogman with godlike power, of course it's gonna trump some uptight elves
>>
>>52521408
Here you go anon.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-coming-soon/
>>
>>52519330
>When you tell cucklis to NOT break the NAP and breach your private property
>He does so you have to murder him using tactical recreational deliverances of itza.
>>
>>52519741
>Kroak
>Not new animations
Kroak doesn't move.
He just can cast "Fuck this general area, forever"
>>
>>52515734
Maybe we'll see the tomb kings as freeLC like Brettonia.
>>
>>52519640
Arch pls go.
>>
>>52520336

kek
>>
Think they'll let me make a 20/20 army of Skinks?
>>
>>52523389
Needs more Skinks.
>>
>>52517825
>historical fans seem to complain most about the features Warhammer lacks

because they're idiots
most of the features just don't fit the game

>hunger and squalor mechanic
>for undead armies, orcs, or warriors of chaos
>>
>>52515661
There are some decent space strat games, like sins of a solar empire. I imagine a 40k game along those lines would be interesting.

>>52515271
I got Total War: Warhammer a while ago but never got around to playing it. What faction would you say was the most enjoyable?
>>
>>52523869
>most of the features just don't fit the game
>hunger and squalor mechanics is what you decide to focus on

The complaints are mostly about the changes that directly effect the real time battles and represent a significant step down mechanically. The fact that the over-world map is actually worse and more restrictive doesn't help. They're mad because their troops don't reload or fire in anything resembling a volley, they just mull about collectively firing their weapons off whenever they're feeling it reloading by lowering and raising their weapon. They're mad about the missing cavalry formations, not caring that it's a Brettonian special unit feature because it was something every cavalry unit could do and by God it was useful. It goes on, it's just little shit that came together nicely.

For Historical TW fans, just after the slightly dull return to form that was Atilla, they're being subjected to a 'more flash and less substance' TW game that is hugely popular and they fear that the changes it made will be permanent. It's a valid fear, just give them time to be proven false. Or right, but then it will get worse and everyone will deserve it.
>>
>>52524010
>a 40k game along those lines [space RTS] would be interesting
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada says hello.
>>
File: OrderingTheHoliestOptionjpg.jpg (188KB, 893x950px) Image search: [Google]
OrderingTheHoliestOptionjpg.jpg
188KB, 893x950px
>>52524192
>Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

As a filthy casual RTS player I was warned away from the game with the warning that it would be to difficult for me. I might give it a shot. First I think I'll try to finish TW: Warhammer, but thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>52524010
I've only played Bretonnia and Everpeak Dwarfs, and both were fun, although the former fell a little like a developmental afterthought (plus ca change) and the latter's additional chapter mission objectives were hard to complete in time before I conquered too many settlements to remain in said chapter. Plus, you really can't hurt your kinsmen, so you either have to bribe them to confederate or engineer situations where they beg you for aid.

Greenskins would probably evoke the spirit of Total War best; fluff ehorts you to murder and betray everything, allegiance, kinship, and common sense be damned
>>
>>52524416
I'll take a look at the lore of each of those and choose based off of that. Thanks for the suggestions!
>>
>>52524272
I'm a filthy casual RTS player as well and I got HAMMERED in my first Armada game against a normal difficulty comp
>>
>>52519678
Tomb Kings AND Ogres would make that a must buy for me.
>>
>>52524272
That game looks interesting but it's lacking my favorite race so I haven't bothered getting it yet. I need muh bugs.
Same was true of Total Warhammer, but now they're adding Lizards in so hey.
>>
>>52524010
Most enjoyable is pretty subjective. For a new player Dwarves are the easiest, Empire is the closest to a traditional TW faction, while Vampire Counts are the most different. Stay the fuck away from the WoC. Personally I really enjoyed Britonnia, but I have a hard-on for Chivalry and always liked playing cavalry heavy factions. Also the Errantry war battles are epic!
>>
>>52515661
>Throwing waves upon waves of units at another army until they run out of fodder
>This wouldn't work
>The guard is a thing
>Nids are too
>this wouldn't work
>>
>>52515792
Kangz looks fucking baller in death imagine what god damn bosses they were in Life.
>>
>>52519369
Listening to players who say they want the game to be like tabletop: the classic blunder.
>>
I hope Skaven are retroactively added to the Old World campaign. It doesn't feel complete without them.
>>
>>52519832
> doesn't translate in this game, of setting up hellblaster volleyball guns and mortars to collapse Castle Drakenhof

That's your problem right there, you're using anti-infantry weapons to attack the actual walls. Cannons work just fine for demolishing stuff.
>>
>>52517145
HEY
Warhammer online wasn't
I mean it

...yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh
>>
>>52525862
He's not exactly a tactical genius, but it highlights a flaw. Mortars where actually excellent siege weapons. They fired over the walls and did massive damage to the structures beyond it and help spread fire and chaos. Now they're kind of useless. They're still okay in sieges if you don't have anything else in TW:W, but since your main goal has to be cracking that wall, and you're unable to shell the entire city into ass so it becomes sub optimal.

With magic and these cool units, as well as access to said cool units much earlier than the cool units in Attila or Shogun, it's easy to envision the already very visually enjoyable sieges as becoming a symphony of destruction while your cannons smash walls, your troops fight in brutal street to street combat, and mortars reign hell on the back lines and set half the city ablaze, all the while Karl Franz is riding around on his Gryphon smashing skulls and your Imperial Wizard is slinging destruction. And that would just be Imperials fighting Imperials. Instead we got what we got.
>>
I'm not saying I wouldn't want a 40k Total War game, but right now I just want DoW3 to be a better game.

Plus unlike DoW, Total War probably won't be something my computer can run
>>
File: WRD_Overview_Asgard.jpg (452KB, 1810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WRD_Overview_Asgard.jpg
452KB, 1810x1080px
>>52526313
>DoW will never have such maps
>>
>>52525946

It's okay anon, I liked Warhammer Online too. It had great open PvP!

It allegedly had other features too, though I'm not really sure what they were.
>>
are the Orcs in Warhammer Fantasy cool as the Orkz in WH40K?
>>
>>52527601

They are the same orkz, except choppy instead of dakka.
>>
>>52526313
DoW3 pisses me off so damn much with how it looks. Literally just sold out any chance of the game being fun just so it could attempt to grab the Esports Dota crowd. Fuck Relic.
>>
>>52527871

are they comic relief and make things work out of force of will?
>>
>>52527945

Comic relief yes, make things work out of force of will no. Fantasy's tech level is so simple that its orcs don't use anything complicated enough that they'd need to wish it to work like in 40k.

They do have archers -- er -- Arrer Boyz. It its perhaps debatable whether they are actually firing the arrows or simply throwing them. So there is that.

The Fantasy army is Orcs & Goblins, and Goblins are definitely a bigger part of that army than grotz/gretchin are in 40k. Some of the best O&G lists are actually goblin-heavy, some even to the point of being goblin-exclusive.
>>
>>52527918

In fairness that's the multiplayer, not the campaign.
>>
>>52528821
So what?
>>
>>52528837

Well I mean if the campaign is solid then at least half the game is good. I'm just hoping that more multiplayer modes get added, which I assume will since Relic has a track record of at least 2 expansions per game.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-24-23-08-26.png (229KB, 1080x1522px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-24-23-08-26.png
229KB, 1080x1522px
>>52517068
Steam reviews are only low because of buttmad Chinese angry that Sega won't do a Chinese language translation.

Game is both great and fun.
>>
>>52521174
It IS an expansion, a standalone one at that.
>>
>>52529690
To be fair a good amount is due to their dlc polices, the Chaos Warriors one in particular. Bullshit business practices aside its the best total war since medieval 2 though.
>>
File: lord_kroak_lrf_by_luches-d9jrj40.jpg (243KB, 1083x737px) Image search: [Google]
lord_kroak_lrf_by_luches-d9jrj40.jpg
243KB, 1083x737px
Think my boy Lord Kroak will make an appearance?
>>
>>52529870
Mazdamundi is confirmed to be one of the Lizardmen LL's, I would bet on Kroq-Gar being the other.

I could see Kroak being a dlc or flc lord though, or maybe even the Lizardmen equivalent of the Green Knight.
>>
>>52529954
Why would they put a literal "god" in the setting, especially one that has the bare minimal interaction in the world?
>>
>>52517068
If you're into WHFB, yes

If you're not, then not really
>>
>>52530071
Because he had stats and a mini in the tabletop. Hence the Green Knight suggestion. Could be a super powerful caster that the Lizardmen get to wheel out under special circumstances, just like what happens in the fluff.
>>
>>52530171
I don't really recall any specific interactions between him and the outside world other than it being mentioned in the codex's that his spirit still hangs near his corpse and he can possess skinks, oh and the destruction of WHFB when he wills himself back alive.
>>
>>52520444

That was Nurglitch the first

The current one is Nurglitch the seventh, and by lore he's on that seat at least since 2 centuries ago
>>
>>52515616

You had Space Marine stop whining
>>
>>52530247
Nurglitch sounds like a fat fleshy rotting undead with dank spells
>>
File: 1455608166270.jpg (137KB, 419x429px) Image search: [Google]
1455608166270.jpg
137KB, 419x429px
>>52520336
>>52520360

I wasn't ready for these filenames
>>
>>52530380
Fat rotting rat that has shitty spells and stinks. Perfect for furfags into diaper fetish.
>>
>>52525583

It's because 40k is more about shooting and tanks than melee and giants you Emperor class scale retarded fuck
>>
>>52516747
It's more played than AoS here (which is a low bar to set, really).
>>
One thing I don't understand is: Is this going to be ADDED to what already exists in the game?
Or is it going to be a different map with ONLY lizardmen, dark elfs and high elfs?
It's mostly the name that confuses me: "2"
>>
>>52531052
It's perfectly doable, it just won't look like a medieval battle, more like a modern one with a lot of insanity thrown into the mix, like the Imperium dropping Space Marines and Grey Knights if your face, and Chaos popping in daemons on top of them. If they could make WHFB work then 40k isn't a longshot from there.
>>
File: 8137189273891273981273891.png (1MB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
8137189273891273981273891.png
1MB, 1000x666px
That feel when tombfucks, deamonshits, ogreloads get cucked once more
>>
>>52517145
What about Dark Omen?
>>
File: 1478273679849.jpg (90KB, 757x553px) Image search: [Google]
1478273679849.jpg
90KB, 757x553px
>>52531568
>>
>>52515661
>Implying Wargame: 40k wouldn't be GOAT

This would tickle my autism.
>>
>>52531812
didn't even think about chaos dwarfs fuck, now I feel hurt
>>
File: Bestelfvsworstelf.jpg (125KB, 656x440px) Image search: [Google]
Bestelfvsworstelf.jpg
125KB, 656x440px
>>52531568
Cant wait to play best elves.
>>
File: 1490999141987.png (2MB, 1922x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1490999141987.png
2MB, 1922x1077px
>>
>>52531812
Muahaha, not enough evil dwafi points.
>>
>>52531925
They actually managed to stikc to the lizardmen models without making it look retarded.
Gotta give CA that.

So far other than the Slann i like what they did with the best Race.

What i dont like is that the Dark Elves colour scheme is so simmilar to the High Elves, i know them having non painted armor is normal in 8E but i realy liked the 6E/Warhammer Online kind of Dark Armor with gold trims, it made them a good contrast to the silver armor with blue and red ornaments for the High Elves
>>
>>52515271
Wait, so it's actually a sequel instead of an expansion pack? The fuck?
>>
>>52532924
it's both, as has been said a million times over
>>
>>52530380
Well nurglitch is also one of nurgle's names
>>
>>52532924

It's basically a stand-alone expansion, it runs on the same tech and combines with the first game.

But this way they get to charge 60 bucks instead of 40
>>
File: 1490976199007.webm (719KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490976199007.webm
719KB, 1920x1080px
>>52531568
tombbros are going to be the first DLC and will help us exterminate the reddit rats in the southlands tho
>>
>>52526944
I wish Wargame was moddable. Wargame: Warhammer would be fantastic.
>>
>>52521196
Developers making atrocious balancing decisions at and post launch followed up by a general failure to tackle any of the serious problems with the game in general = basically DOA.
>>
>>52531488

Any units except for IG and AdMech would look retarded marching in units then just standing there and shooting at each other.
>>
>>52533346
This is exactly what happens in Dow3.
>>
>>52515616
>Yawn of War

Get fucked brosephony, DoW is one of the better RTS games available, both in the original, in Dark Crusade and in DoW II+expansions.
>>
Should I buy it y/n?

And should I buy the original?

Never played a Total War game but I love me some lizards.
>>
>The second in a trilogy

What's III gonna be?
>>
>>52531812

Does any of the Chaos factions even have Chaos dwarves?

I mean, Mark of Chaos had Hellcannons...
>>
>>52533479

>Should I buy it y/n?

I mean, we have barely any info, we don't even have a release date.

>And should I buy the original?

Honestly you should have bought it in february when it was 12 bucks on Humble monthly

But yeah, I'd say go for it, it's a lot of fun and it'll combine with the sequel for an expanded map
>>
>>52533495
Chaos daemons and Ogres.
>>
>>52533495
age of sigmar :^)
>>
>>52531925

Too many horns tbhwu, looks like something an orc would ride.
>>
>>52533523

Warriors of Chaos have hellcannons with Chaos Dwarf operators
>>
>>52524192
>>52524272

Armada is a little tricky but good. Play the tutorial missions, then try skirmish mode for a little bit if you're worried about fucking your campaign up.
>>
>>52528158
This guy has no clue what he's talking about. The Fantasy greenskins have shown a much higher degree of intelligence than the non-mech boys in 40k have. They can actually co operate and work together, they're not just retards fist fighting.
>>
>>52533495
realm of chaoswank
>>
>>52529690
The DLC policy has more to do with it.
>>
>>52516731
I prefer 9th age
>>
>>52519369
I know what you mean about the sieges, I played a Wood Elves campaign and had to auto-resolve all the sieges because guess whats not good at blitzing a wall, a shit load of archers and spearmen.
>>
>>52517440
And?
>>
>>52515271
All hail Toad-Empreor of Lizardkind
>>
>>52517217
>If you got rid of all the DLC triggereds it'd probably be around 9.5/10
Yeah how dare people be upset that they put the fucking chaos faction behind an additional paywall, it's not like they're one of the most prominent factions in the setting or anything. Not everybody likes getting ripped off like you do cuck.
>>
>>52515968
>eternal crusade
>great game

Pick one
>>
when out?
>>
>>52515616
I would fucking love a Total Warhammer 40k.
>>
>>52534407
>Dark Crusade for the map stuffs
>>
>>52521351
>patched in or be FreeLC.
Aren't those the exact same thing?
>>
>>52534389
before the end of the year
>>
>120 dollars for the full game.

Wow, such commitment to the tabletop version! It's like I'm really being raped by GamesWorkshop in person!
>>
>>52535023
But you don't HAVE to buy the DLC anon, you just don't get to have any actual chaos factions in the game whatsoever why would that bother you?
>>
>>52535131
All the DLC does is allow you to play as that faction. It is still added to the campaign even if you don't buy it. I never bought the Beastmen DLC and I still fight them in the campaign.
>>
>>52535354
Oh well that's something, still kind of annoying if you actually wanted to play as that faction though.
>>
File: 14874547819273.png (1MB, 635x857px) Image search: [Google]
14874547819273.png
1MB, 635x857px
>>52535023
>mfw WHFBidiots will pay for all of this and DLCs just in hope that GW will bring Fantasy back
>>
>>52537123
>>52535131
>>52535023

So they start using the Warhammer franchise in good games and you all start whining? Buy the game that has the factions you enjoy. Wait for it to go on sale.

Also calling it now, game 3 will be a Chaos pantheon based game.
>>
>>52533368

True, and it looks like shit.
>>
>>52537530
>thing has been known from a datamine for 6+ months
>"calling it now"
Great insight m8.
>>
So what's faction 4 in this gonna be?
>>
>>52541544
Watch the whole trailer anon.
>>
>>52517440
Does that mean that a 40k equivalent to Rogue Squadron could be great?
>>
File: 1490977565799.png (43KB, 349x402px) Image search: [Google]
1490977565799.png
43KB, 349x402px
>>52529690
>expecting any better from mainlanders
>>
>>52541544
There's a hint right at the end.
>>
>>52544349
>110.7 hours

Well he had to have liked it at least a little bit.
>>
File: 1476199653919.png (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476199653919.png
45KB, 600x600px
>>52517250
>removed naval battles
>removed full sieges (only get to assault one side of a copy-paste wall).
>laughable AI.
>Like, absolutely none of their budget went into programming the AI

>OK, Rome TW (in 2004, mind you) had AI that could assault full cities with absolutely zero path-finding issues. In comparison, Warhammer and Attila AI often fails to react under missile fire. The AI is shit.

Just admit your wallet is being raped for a sub-par, bug-ridden, dlc-filled, cash-grab strategy game that only grabs your attention due to the inclusion of your niche tabletop hobby.

Its fine that you like it, but don't delude yourself by saying that its better than many of it's predecessors.
>>
>>52529828
>their dlc polices
huh?
>>
>>52546928

Honestly? I like Total Warhammer, but I mostly still play Medieval 2. I'd be super down for Medieval 3, but I think a CA rep mentioned that their current historical TW game is in a setting/time period they haven't done before.
>>
>>52546953
People were fine getting fucked up the ass before for 5 human factions who were the exact same except for colors and stats are now angry when getting fucked up the ass for 1 race that is entirely different from all others.
>>
>>52537530
>Buy the game that has the factions you enjoy
No you don't understand, you have to buy dlc in order to play as chaos warriors in the base game, they made that an optional extra somehow.

And I'm sorry we're not all cucks like you who wouldn't dare question the decisions of our betters.
>>
>>52547188
>People were fine
Not really, people have had problems with this shit for a while, its just gotten worse after CA lost a lot of goodwill after the disaster that was Rome 2's launch.

Chaos Warriors was so bad because except for a few units most of the content was in the games files on the day of release. Not the mention the Chaos Warriors campaign is a shitshow and they suck in multiplayer.
>>
>>52547188
>release a world war 2 game
>you can't play as the germans at all
Hey guys why are you complaining? They're so different to the allies.
>>
>>52515271
That lizard duck thing looks so horrendously stupid that it makes the rest of the advertising look bad.
>>
>>52547017
The Rome engine has a lot of weird flaws, but far less than Warscape. Also, Medieval 2 was the last TW to have FFA multiplayer. Which for that reason alone means it probably won't every be abandoned. How the hell are you supposed to play other TW games when you and 2 friends want to play? Botstomp? Too easy.
>>
File: Tamriel_Map.png (5MB, 1771x1279px) Image search: [Google]
Tamriel_Map.png
5MB, 1771x1279px
TOTAL WAR ELDER SCROLLS WHEN|
>>
>>52515271
Is it pepe?
>>
>>52524010
Dwarves - powerful infantry but not that tactically interesting.

Empire - Good all rounders with a few special units and much variety. Probably my suggestion for a first game.

Vampire counts - No ranged units and nothing retreats so a weird play style but very different for total war which I enjoy.

Orcs - Most cost effective troops but most of them are low/middle tier. Most troops have low moral so you have to play quite tactically to pull off challenging battles. Probably had the most fun as them but could be tough to start with.

Brettonia - 50% of roster is cavalry of some kind so have a fun time seigeing and waiting for cities to surrender. Otherwise they seem pretty fun and have some cool campaign mechanics.
>>
>>52549179
Why the fuck is Markarth all the way over in Rorikstead?
>>
>>52549909
Arena placed cities differently than Skyrim and lots of Tamriel maps go off of Arena's.
>>
>>52549658
>have a fun time seigeing and waiting for cities to surrender

They really need to bring back Cavalry being able to dismount, it was one of the best things added in later total war games. Also Unit formations and reloading animations.
>>
>>52549909
Older map, cities usually get moved a little bit when their providence is featured in a game. Ald'ruhn is a little southeast of where it is in Morrowind as well.
>>
>>52549179
I remember seeing a mod for Medieval 2. Cant say how good it is.
>>
>>52550333
Pretty terrible. Unit costs were all over the place, didn't feel balanced, and the Khajiit units were missing like half of the units they should have had.
>>
>>52531052
Napoleon: TW? Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurei? The Great war mod? Ever heard of them?
>>
>>52528158

Tell me more about goblin exclusive lists.
>>
>>52533495
Mop-up of everything else? I mean the second one will contain every major faction aside of: >>52533535
>>
>>52550503
Oh shit, haven't slept in 24h, meant obviously:>>52533533
Although AoSines is also possible *shivering*
>>
>>52531812
I personally think Chaos Dwarfs are going to be in Game 3. Daemons of Chaos as the 4 factions on release, with Chaos Dwarves and Ogres as the DLC.
>>
>>52519369
Sieges are far too easy at the moment of you have artillery.

Just crush your army against the side where only one tower can shoot them, put expendable infantry at the front to soak up what little fire you'll get then knock out the towers/walls that cover your probable entry with artillery.
The AI never leaves the walls unless they have flying units, and even they only venture out rarely and get shredded easily by missile units.
They also have the habit of leaving their best troops on the wall to get blown off and never using their reserves, letting you easily obliterate them.
They also never bother taking back the walls once you've put units on them, so you can just camp some missile units there to utterly skullfuck their gate tarpits.
Vampires are particularly bad, since once their flying troops are inevitably wasted against your missile units, they just sit there and let you do whatever you want. You can literally park cannons next to the gate and they don't do shit to stop you.
>>
File: 1484392571658.jpg (186KB, 1024x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1484392571658.jpg
186KB, 1024x1009px
>>52515271
FUCK, I gotta buy this
>>
>>52552906
Never said they where hard, just boring, smart, and wasted potential.
>>
>>52553603
I was agreeing with you.
I understand the idea of the limited space was to force people into actually doing things, rather than hanging back and blowing things to pieces, but they really screwed up the implementation
>>
>>52519959
I can never understand how Skaven can survive as a society when they are so back-stab happy.
>>
>>52533302
Would work best as a Wargame: Epic 40,000. The Hard part would be getting melee to be functional and keeping the guard from winning out by having the numbers for map coverage and the unit variety to out-counter everyone else.
>>
>>52553801
birth rate is the only reason they can survive
backstabbiness is the only reason the birht rate doesnt get things out of hand
perfect circle
>>
>>52554013
The birth rate actually exceeds their backstabbyness quite often.
It's the food shortages that are the hard counter.
>>
>>52553866
That is what I meant.

IG, Tau and play like a normal Wargame army.
SM would play like normal except limited to expensive variants.
I imagine decks would be divided like so.

Imperial
Chaos
Xeno

Read Imperial Armour: Raid on Kastorel-Novem to get a better feel.
>>
>>52533495
Rumored that its going to be chaos focused/end times with each chaos god playable, probably an expanded an improved norscan/hung/khurgan roster as well as ogres and chaos dwarves present, probably as DLC
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.