/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever retired a character after a major defeat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: taker_retires.jpg (23KB, 804x804px) Image search: [Google]
taker_retires.jpg
23KB, 804x804px
Have you ever retired a character after a major defeat?
>>
>>52514595
Every single one that dies. Resurrection is for chumps and chumpettes.
>>
Kinda Forever-DM for my group, but the setting has rezzing happen fairly commonly for people with the money to do so. Some PCs and major NPCs with that option will choose to stay dead though, accepting their time to move on or that they just failed. King once died and his son avenged him, saved the kingdom, and all that jazz, so king decided to leave things to him from here on out since he succeeded wher his father failed

Actually had a character retire after winning, just not how they had hoped.
Had a player with the major plot hook for his paladin that the sister turned heretic and was tasked with bringing her in or killing her. When diplomacy failed, party killed her. Paladin was knocked out during the killing blow and came to with the sister dead. Took care of the body then went home to quietly mourn and get new orders.
>>
>>52514595
>Be paladin in 3.5
>Instead of a horse, ride a giant poisonous worm into battle.
>Feel awesome, do lots of fun shit with the worm and the party
>One day, enter evil wizards tower, long abandoned. Find three magical portals with inscriptions above them.
>Have to split the party, since each portal only allows 1 person.
>One inscription reads: "Face those who have not passed on"
>Well clearly this is undead related, leave this to me guys.
>Stride in there confident in victory.
>Room full of fucking shadows.
>Drain my strength, ignore my armor.
>Since I focused on my worm companion, my turn undead-fu was weak.
>About to get wrecked.
>Worm buddy jumps to my defense, gets killed before I can do anything.
>Let out a cry of defeat, knowing that my hubris killed us both
>Party rogue hears it coming from a nearby room, dimension doors in and saves my life
>Realize that my worm friend died because of my overconfidence
>Couldn't even avenge him, the rogue who I always looked down on had to bail my ass out.
>Lose faith in myself and leave the party once we exit the tower, never to be seen again.
>>
>>52514613
>Resurrection is for chumps and chumpettes.
and it requires that your character be liked enough by the survivors that they are willing to cough-up the money for materials to cast the resurrection spell, that shit 'aint cheap and they 're not going to spend it to raise some shithead that been nothing but a dick to them in life.
>>
Our party got stuck in the middle of a battle between a Tarrasque and Demons at level 6. Those who survived promptly told the person who'd been giving us quests to save the land to fuck off, and how they all wanted to go home after living through this clash of titans.
>>
>>52517817
>Not going on a quest to redeem self
Do you even Deus Vult?
>>
>>52518893
The idea was that he'd go on a solo journey, and I'd play a new character until he finished, but shortly after the campaign went extraplanar and we never had the chance to have him rejoin.
>>
>>52514595
Had a tough, hot-blooded inquisitor lady once. She lost a fight to a way overleveled croc-man and the DM ssaid that by the time word got out and the rest of the party could come save her, she was going to be sort of... broken.

Lost her faith in her battle god after that, tried turning to the sun goddess of redemption, but it never clicked. She just sort of gave up trying eventually.
>>
>>52522418
>She lost a fight to a way overleveled croc-man and the DM ssaid that by the time word got out and the rest of the party could come save her, she was going to be sort of... broken.

Sounds like the DM wanted to take you into his magical realm.
>>
File: Scarred Brawler Girl.jpg (366KB, 1549x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Scarred Brawler Girl.jpg
366KB, 1549x2000px
>>52522478
>his magical realm
A word of warning anon, female DMs are way, way more twisted and magical realmy than any guy that I ever played with. And no, she didn't want me to join her magical realm, even if women getting bad ends was hers. Hell, she once canceled a game because she had to get to an ER for a broken arm, claimed it was from the best sex she ever had.
>>
>>52514595

I had a runner flub a run so badly and so publically that he went viral on the Matrix in-game and had to quit running.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.