[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 63

File: Guilliman_space_battle.jpg (216KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Guilliman_space_battle.jpg
216KB, 900x506px
make a new thread you apes! edition

>HHG FAQs
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed)

>Oct 16 White Dwarf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

>SINS OF THE FATHER
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html

>CHILDREN OF SICARUS
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>BREXIT WITH TITANS
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sc266oa6al1jb7o/the-binary-succession.mp3
>>
File: Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg (249KB, 481x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Primarch_Sanguinius_Victorious.jpg
249KB, 481x1060px
yeah

primarchs
>>
Khan was the only primarch to not fuck up massively. Prove me wrong.
>>
What is the best unit choice for the Reward of Treason in general?
>>
>>52509358
I'm convinced Angron didn't really fuck up when you consider his goals and beliefs. Still a cunt though.
>>
>>52509373

Lernaean Terminators.

No one would expect you to steal from yourself.
>>
>>52509390
Failed to capture his homeworld. Had to be saved by Big E. Same with Mortarion.
>>
>>52509452

Toddlers aren't known for their stamina so taking a nap and getting captured after murdering an eldar raiding party barehanded is probably forgivable.
>>
>>52509358
He should have promoted more communication with the Imperium. That's why his legion only barely knows Gothic, like the SW, yet they also don't wish to be seen as fucking savages? If he had felt like kart of the Imperium instead of a mere vassal then fucking half of it wouldn't have declared fir Horus.
Also, wasn't he going to get Malcador killed? Sincerely asking.
>>
>>52509358
Sanguinius did NOTHING WRONG
>>
File: 1486141132432.jpg (33KB, 317x234px) Image search: [Google]
1486141132432.jpg
33KB, 317x234px
>>52509452
>Same with Mortarion.
All the fucking planet had been won already and the mountain was surrounded. Emps fucking dared him to rush the BBEG and instead of fucking HELPING him and showing him the strength of a Unified mankind, He fucking stole his kill.
The same as with Angron, whom He kidnapped.
WTF I seriously don't know why I'm loyal. Emps could be a fucking jerk QUITE some times.
Well, as long as it is for Unification's sake then I'll follow Him.
>>
>>52509519
Hid the red thirst from pops, when Big E could have helped. Although being purged might have been a possibility.
>>
>>52509539
Yeah, for a 38,000 year old god-wizard he was fucking dense.

>do I help my son, the demigod general of my army who I need to go crusade and liberate the galaxy
>or do I let all his friends get killed by chucklefuck slavers and TP him out at the last second and call him a failure

really activates your memo-sphere
>>
>>52509470
Fine Angron gets a pass
>>52509490
Most knew Gothic, they just don't like speaking it.
>>52509539
Yeah cause listening to guy who tells you to do something stupid just shows poor judgment. Also didn't he let that half xeno Typhon into his legion. You know the first captain who got the entire legion trapped in the warp, forcing them to serve nurgle.
>>
>>52509644
When you need to use good judgement to disregard the Emperor's words, now that's when you know He's being an asshole.
The story of this 38000 year old guy has led Him in front of you today, especifically to be an asshole to you.
In the whole galaxy.
Hell, He probably even foresaw the whole thing, so He could be a better asshole just to troll you better.
Emprah I loev u
Why u do this to me?
>Typhon
Typhon being a secret half xenos witch is BULLSHIT in every way.
How come his inhuman body didn't reject the geneseed
How come he wasn't outed as a witch in the times the DG fought alongside the SoS
How come a Primarch, a being of warp essence, cannot feel the psychic power of his fucking equerry?
It's bullshit I tell you.
>>
>>52509789
Think of it this way.
Rock up on a distant planet.
Find your son who you created to lead a massive army.
You know nothing about him.
You decide to test him.
He fucks up.
Save him, try to explain its OK to ask for help.
>>
>>52509911
Without showing him that witchery isn't always evil? And stealing his kill while you leave him in the floor trying to catch his breath instead of empowering him, despite you weren't supposed to even be there in the first place?
He played Vulkan's game.
Even Russ' drink contest.
But He didn't deign Himself to fight alongside His gladiator son, or even lend a hand to His farmer son.
>>
>>52509644
>>52509789
>Typhon
>half-xenos
U wot m8?
>>
>>52510055
Old lore, probably not cannon.
>>
File: update on the 3rd.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
update on the 3rd.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
What is anon painting today? I finished the Scorpius, and I am now painting a boxnaught
>>
>>52509390
>"Let us cure you of your ailments, brother Angron."
>"NO FUCK OFF LEAVE ME ALONE"
>inserts nails into legionnaires until entire legion is infected with the same affliction

[angry laughter intensifies]
>>
I'm looking to expand my Ironwing list and wanted some feedback on destroyers. I like the unit thematically but it seems like a large investment. I'm not sure on loading them out. I plan on using them with missile launchers for some mid range support, maybe the Rhino a Havoc Launcher to add some fire power. But on giving a squad of 10 two serpentas which mixed with the Exterminator rule tha gives +1 W tallies up wounds real fast.in my experience.

Am I trying to make to much of a mediocre squad and drop them? The meta around my area is real competitive and Mechanicum heavy, the phosphex bombs will help out against those list.
>>
>>52510323
Phosphex is shit against robots because they get bonuses asainst poison weapons. Robot removal is best done with marksman vets (especially combi-flamers) and lots of plasma
>>
>>52509269
Link to the old thread?
>>
Do any recasters have good rhinos? I just realized that I am still going to need transports despite my tons of dudes.
>>
Are mastercrafted plasma pistols a good investment? Salamanders list.
>>
>>52510517
Why bother? Just find a decent online wholesaler for GW rhinos if you're trying to save $$$. Rhinos of both types are one of the easiest things to spot recasts of because the tolerances on the plastic kit are small, and the Deimos is based on the IIb plastic kit
>>
>>52510579

Well. Fuck I guess.

What's a good price for an old school rhino then? They're totally compatible with upgrade parts even if the chassis are smaller, right? Like, will I have a problem if I get pintle weapons or Havok launchers?
>>
>>52510643
eBay you stupid nigger where the fuck do you think? Jesus Christ if you weren't this fucking stupid maybe you could afford some cheap ass plastic toys.

Why the fuck do you jobless manchildren niggers insist on getting into this hobby if you can't even afford $100 to waste on toys?
>>
>>52510683
>calls people nigger
>cant even read

PRICE
What is a good PRICE for old school rhinos?

Also, the issue is that I'm already pretty deep. It's not a matter of spending $100. It's a matter of spending ANOTHER $100.
>>
>>52510643
Yeah mate, Rhinos are probably one the second most common 40k units on eBa, after Tac Squads
>>
>>52509358
Apart from allowing a huge number of his legionaries to declare for Horus because he never built decent lines of communication?
>>
>>52510643
Just use Mars pattern plastic until you can get Deimos versions. Seriously, they look a little different but if you're being a cheapskate you can get brand new rhino kits for $20 each...
>>
>>52510728

I just said fuck it and just bought 3 old school plastic rhinos for $70.

How do you get them for $20 each? I always see them higher.
>>
File: Fulgrim's_Apotheosis.jpg (93KB, 600x873px) Image search: [Google]
Fulgrim's_Apotheosis.jpg
93KB, 600x873px
AAAAAAHHHH
>>
File: Where+s+the+dong_65e334_5318623.jpg (31KB, 352x330px) Image search: [Google]
Where+s+the+dong_65e334_5318623.jpg
31KB, 352x330px
>>52510866
>>
>>52510290
Was that really Angron's fault re: the Nails?

IIRC the World Eaters volunteered to have the Nails to be closer to Angron (although I guess it can't really be considered "volunteering" if they've been hypnotically programmed to revere their primarch as a father)
>>
>>52511015
IMO it's one of those grey areas like when an abused person stays with and defends their abuser.
>>
>>52511015
Angron put the nails into the legion and theey all accepted.
>>
>>52510974
Don't snakes have their willy in a little pouch?
>>
File: Auxilia Siege Force.png (89KB, 676x1803px) Image search: [Google]
Auxilia Siege Force.png
89KB, 676x1803px
Hey there

Can you tell me how is my Auxilia list ?
>>
>>52511069
Did he? I thought that they were prohibited by the Emperor but Angron just ignored the edict (because it's not like anyone would question a primarch on the frontiers of the Grand Crusade)
>>
>>52511015
>the World Eaters volunteered to have the Nails
I believe current lore is that he ordered them implanted.

Angron isn't really to blame for his actions. He was brain damaged as a child and reprogrammed to only know happiness from violence. The Emperor should have Old Yellered him.
>>
>>52511090
Great Crusade*
>>
Anyone know if Dark Elf or Dark Eldar arms would fit Sisters of Silence torsos (especially in regards to 2-handed weapons). I'm looking at making some of the weapons that have no models and I've noticed that many SoS conversions before official models were based on the DE.
>>
>>52511094
>>52511090
I think it wasn't mandatory for Librarians (only because it killed them)
>>
>>52511284
>implying Angron cared about what happened to his librarians
>>
>>52511284
It made them go fucking nuts and blast away whole WE squads due to not being able to control their powers so they stopped installing them on librarians. Angron didn't like psykers anyway and this distrust bled into his legion, by the time the Heresy rolled around proper they weren't even harvesting the gene-seed from librarians.
>>
Is there any spine bits? I would like to glue it with helmet for some gruesome accessory.
>>
>>52511390
You mean something like this?
http://www.spellcrow.com/salamandra-dragons-crests-p-300.html
>>
>>52511390
I saw a nice conversion of Gabriel Seth where someone had given him a helmet with a spiky crest made from a cut down chainsword.
>>
>>52511416
No, I mean spine like Mortal Kombat's FATALITY.
>>
How bad is my 2480 point list.

HQ----------------------------------
Praetor with 3 lvl psy, Force weapon, Bording shield, Plasma Pistol
100, 75, 20, 10, 15=220

Centurion Librarian lvl 2 with Catapractii
50, 25, 40, 35=150

Elites--------------------------------
Osiron Contemptor with Twin linked Lascannon.
50, 175, 25=250

Sekhmet Terminator Cabal +3 Terminators, 3 Chainfist and 1 lighting claw
255, 105, 30=390

Troops--------------------------------

Tac Squad with Chainswords, Legion Vexilla, Rhino
150, 20, 10, 35=215

Tac Squad with Chainswords, Legion Vexilla, Rhino
150, 20, 10, 35=215

Breachers with 2 Volkite Chargers, Legion Vexilla
225, 10, 15=250

Tac Support +3 with Plasma Guns and Rhino
100, 45, 120, 35=300

Heavy---------------------------------
Heavy Suppot Squad +4 with Autocannons.
135, 80, 45=260

Fire Raptor with Autocannon battery and Cermite.
200, 10, 20=230
>>
File: CSM-possessed.jpg (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CSM-possessed.jpg
94KB, 800x800px
>>52511505
Pic related?
>>
ITT: people who don't know what a spine is

(come on guys, he said "gruesome")
>>
Do you guys think Necron machines can be used to represent Heretek stuff?
>>
>>52511540
>spine means one thing and one thing only
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spine_(zoology)

When you combine spines with a helmet, it's almost as if you want to put some nasty looking spikes on a helmet, not that you want severed heads with spinal columns hanging out.
>>
>>52511552
I turned some Warriors into Chaos Androids for my CSM. Shave off the Necron icons, add some spikes, a servo-skull for a head, add a magazine to the gun and replace the barrel with that of a DE thermal lance with the very tip cut off.
>>
Sorry, I should've written vertebral column to be specific.
>>
>>52511569
And yet only one definition can be reasonably referred to as gruesome.
>>
>>52511591
Not good at English, didn't know 'spine' can mean other thing than I imagined. Should've added a pic. My bad.
>>
>>52511591
Have you looked at Vampire Counts stuff?
>>
File: horny marines.jpg (256KB, 647x654px) Image search: [Google]
horny marines.jpg
256KB, 647x654px
>>52511604
>gruesome
>causing repulsion or horror; grisly
>extremely unpleasant
>synonyms: grisly, ghastly, frightful, horrid, horrifying, fearful, hideous, macabre, spine-chilling, horrible, horrendous, grim, awful, dire, dreadful, terrible, horrific;
>>
>>52511507
near zero anti-heavy armour, why does your praetor have a boarding shield and not an iron halo, plasma pistols are overpriced, you should probably pick a rite of war if you already haven't, Osiron dreads are HQs

I wouldn't personally bother with a Librarian in a TS army because a psyker praetor or a special character would serve you better. Amon is 25 more points than a catapractii libby and gets you way more for the price.
>>
File: deathwatchsword.jpg (63KB, 283x853px) Image search: [Google]
deathwatchsword.jpg
63KB, 283x853px
>>52511552
I dunno, but if I ever start Iron Hands I'm totally using pic related as a paragon blade.
>>
Is there any way to justify a Librarian fielded together with a Chaplain?
>>
>>52511646
Hmmmm well my Praetor will be hanging with the breachers so it's thematic! Been on the fence about the plasma pistol myself though. I am not super sure about what to do about tanks myself. As for the Libarian I don't know what I would replace him with I don't use named characters.
>>
>>52511707
Yes, like this:
>the legion's commanders have decided to assign a librarian and a chaplain to this deployment
Complicated, isn't it?
>>
Is it cool if I put spikes and shit from the chaos rhino box on my NL tanks? Seems like it would be something they'd do.
>>
>>52511707
Yeah, could be post Istvaan V so the primarch or whoever is in charge said fuck it like Sanguinius, the Lion or Guilliman. Could be a traitor legion, like the Word Bearers. Could just be a legion that never gave a fuck like the White Scars.

Chaplain is more of a catch-all rules term for any marine responsible for his brothers mental and spiritual well-being, not necessarily a guy who polices psykers.
>>
>>52511741
No it's not cool, it's not as if NLs have a rule regarding heads on spikes or anything.
>>
File: Diabolist.jpg (378KB, 720x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Diabolist.jpg
378KB, 720x1120px
>>52511707
>Not having both in a single marine
Anon do you even know the Word Bearers?
>>
>>52511760
Wait, did WB got away with that armor before Heresy?

> UL: "Hey man that armor looks cool what mark is it?"
>>
File: img_9118.jpg (145KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
img_9118.jpg
145KB, 700x700px
Does one of you guys have a Solarite Gauntlet from the Templar Brethren upgrade kit and could take a pic of it next to a regular powerfist?
I want to make sure I'm not overcomplicating things for my Tribune; I'd hate to order that entire upgrade kit only to learn that the actual difference is marginal. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>52511707

Do you fucking read lore? Do you fucking know what a Chaplain does? He is basically the uber drill sergeant of the strike force, having to remind the librarian to use his powers for good or get his head caved in while telling the troops to stop being a bunch of pansies around a psyker and man the fuck up for the Emperor or else face ritual beatings in the face.

Why this simple straightforward obvious purpose has elluded the grasp of your small mind is the real goddamn mystery.
>>
>>52511823
>We call it mark fucktheEmperorPraiseTheDarkGods
>What did you say Wordbro?
>Ah nothing it's called mark IV WeAreStillLoyal pattern
>>
>>52511823
WBs painted themselves red between Istvaan V and Calth. I imagine that they kept their Diabolists hidden from view before they went all 'surprise' on the Ultras.
>>
>>52511826
The back of it has some kind of power field generator looking thing in it, other than that it's pretty much the same.
>>
> "The Words Bearers Legion is at the heart of darkness of the Horus Heresy, using the rules presented here they may only be part of Traitor faction armies."

> Orphans of Betrayal: This Rite of War represents a small Loyalist element of an otherwise Traitor Legion
> Warlord has one of the following versions of the Legiones Astartes special rule - LA (Word Bearers)

What
>>
>>52511707
don't the chaplain's responsibilities include teamkilling librarians in case they get too crazy?
>>
>>52511922
Congrats, you're about a year late. It's probably either a typo or added just so that the special-est of snowflakes can play loyal WBs without crying.
>>
>>52512343
Well *I* play loylist wordbeares, with ab allied detachment of lloylist death guard, lead by typhus.
Sometimes i change the word bearers for a white scars Fury of the Ancients detachment

you guys want a game?
>>
>>52512464
Heh
>loylist wordbeares
>>
>>52512464
Sure I'll play you with my iron hands - emperor's children allied force.

Or maybe I could use my traitor custodes.
>>
>>52512564
>Sure I'll play you with my iron hands - emperor's children allied force.
perfectly fluffy, their primarchs were best m80s :^)
>>
pls repsond

So in my writefaggotry my Chapter is on the way to Istvaan V (Word Bearers), I can't remember if the '''''traitors''''' who go to massacre the '''''loyalists''''' know explicitly they are going there for that reason. So far it's only the Chapter's captains and important officers, in my story.

Also it was just the Gal Vorbak/Serrated Sun that adopted the red scheme, and not the rest of the Legion at that time right?

Also
>>
File: 1489927090737.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1489927090737.png
44KB, 658x662px
>>52512771
Also I just left an also at the bottom of my post and can't be bothered to delete it and redo it
>>
>>52512771
Everyone in the Word Bearers legion knew who they were going to face. The purge had already happened through the past 50 years so...
Also only the serrated sun beared the red and black scheme. Enjoy painting grey anon :^)
>Also
>>
File: 1487706081623.jpg (198KB, 796x595px) Image search: [Google]
1487706081623.jpg
198KB, 796x595px
>>52512826
>Everyone in the Word Bearers legion knew who they were going to face.

Yeah, do you have a source for this though? They knew they were eventually going to break the Imperium in blood, but I don't know if it was a question of 'when' and 'how'. Like this Chapter has been out in the wilderness for a long time, pursuing its interests - and all of a sudden they get a recall beacon from beloved Aurelian to make for Istvaan. The Chapter Master knows what's going down at Istvaan V, the Captains know, due to the psyker visions of a certain wizardly advisor; but they keep it from the common marines. They're all itching for it but there is still that inhibition of Astartes-brotherhood there, to kill another Astartes is a massive step.
>>
>>52512826

>Also
>Also
>Also

When I paint my dudes they're going to be themed near the end of the Shadow Crusade. The most versatile theme.
>>
>>52511390
There is a Khorne guy from AoS who has a spinal column for a ponytail which might work.
>>
>>52512878
They have already killed other astartes, again the purge has already happened. Re-read the final chapters of the first heretic and take good note of what Xaphen says about what has happened to the legion while he was in other chapters as a chaplain (the rest of the serrated sun was quite isolated with all the custodes stuff).
Keep in mind the zealotry of the sons of Lorgar, the brotherhood with other astartes means nothing when it interferes with their religious beliefs
>>
>>52512934
>They have already killed other astartes

This was left to a minority of snakes like Marduk. They didn't really need to do a massive purge like the other legions, just a few rogue emperor-worshipers.

>Re-read the final chapters of the first heretic and take good note of what Xaphen says about what has happened to the legion while he was in other chapters

Will do.

>Keep in mind the zealotry of the sons of Lorgar, the brotherhood with other astartes means nothing when it interferes with their religious beliefs

I wasn't going to go 'oh no we can't do this' obviously, but the idea of it is still taboo and profane to many.
>>
>>52512890
Yep, best time for us. My word bearers are veterans from different chapters who fought at Calth united under the command of Zardu Layak and a chaplain from the flayed hand
>>
What is the truth that Lorgar and WB are trying to enlighten so hard? The fact that gods exist doesn't seems to be that much a great deal.
>>
File: 1484273305862.jpg (510KB, 1021x993px) Image search: [Google]
1484273305862.jpg
510KB, 1021x993px
>>52512989
If the Word Bearers don't get Humanity to embrace the Synergy of Chaos the species will go the way of the Eldar
>>
>>52512989
They think only the alliance and communion with chaos and the unborn can save humanity from extintion whether it comes from the xenos threat or the potential birth of another chaos god as happened to the eldar
>>
Wouldn't humanity go extinct anyway given the Chaos and gos's nature?
>>
>>52513080
They need humanity to give them power not only with their prayer but just with their emotions
(reply to us to keep the conversation alive, not a new reply in the threat)
>>
File: IMG_2719.jpg (112KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2719.jpg
112KB, 700x525px
>>52511862
Size-wise as well? It looks slimmer and sleeke than run-of-the-mill powerfists.
>>
File: 1484539077607.jpg (630KB, 888x693px) Image search: [Google]
1484539077607.jpg
630KB, 888x693px
>>52513080
Fuck off HEATHEN, the Gods are MAN'S ALONE and REDPILLED.
>>
>>52513113
So, Lorgar thought humanity literally living in hell (given't that chaos gods' domain are clusterfuck) is better than going extinct?

And technically Eldar did not go extinct, so Lorgar's logic is well...
>>
>>52511089
>bump
>>
>>52513293
Man my space dad goes fucking mad in the shadow crusade, do you think he gives a fuck about the regular human citizen? It's just meat to feed the gods.
Also...the imperium is not really a paradise, even less in the 41st millenium.
The eldar are a dying race, I don't give a fuck about what the gathering storm shit says.
>Triggered because of the return of girlyman while my space daemon dad smokes meth in his temple
>>
>>52511089

I would sincerely hope there's a plethora of terrain and cover on your table otherwise you're going to get deleted when you go for an objective
>>
>>52513327
>5 quad mortars and 2 medusas
>"how is my list"
Cancerous.
>>
>>52513293
Nah I think it's just that all Lorgar really cares about is having a god's dick to suck.
>>
>>52513952
That sounds more likely for Fulgrim
>>
>>52513293
>synergy
>hell

You deserve to be eaten by the neverborn, heretic
>>
>>52513120
Because it is. Also resin fists aren't overblown in size, check Pyroclasts and SoH Reavers.
>>
Anyone have the rules for that world eaters apothecary and his cost? Links for inferno arent working in the mega
>>
>>52509420
That's some 4d chess if I have ever seen it
>>
File: Page249.jpg (2MB, 2709x3636px) Image search: [Google]
Page249.jpg
2MB, 2709x3636px
>>52515087
This is from Retribution.
>>
>>52515284
Damn. Thanks babe.
>>
>>52509373
Treat the Rewards of Treason slot as an extra Fast Attack or Heavy Support one.
>>
>>52515453
I'm sure someone, somewhere has used Rewards Of Treason to get grey slayers.
>>
what troops for scoring do Cybernetica use?
>>
>>52515384
BOO BI DI DEE BOOP BAH
babe
>>
>>52515781
Thralls and thallax.
>>
>>52513367
Can you explain ? I mean, what should I take if I don't to look like a waac guy
>>
File: Gal Vorbak.png (1MB, 772x635px) Image search: [Google]
Gal Vorbak.png
1MB, 772x635px
>>52512989
Lorgar was searching for something to adore, and the Dark Gods told him what he wanted to hear. After all, their whole aim was to destroy the Webway project, meaning the rest of the heresy was meaningless.
They cared nothing about the traitor's """cause"""
They cared nothing about symbiosis. Lorgar's Truth was an awful, chaos-centric ADB-tier wank.
The Dark Gods even wanted Horus to lose (along with Emps) so the galaxy would only know eternal war.

At best, Lorgar was surprise surprise, decieved by the dark gods.
At worst, he was a fucking chaos cuck
>>
>>52516196
>They cared nothing for the traitors' cause

Bullshit. They invested tons of power into Horus and sent armies of daemons to aid him on Terra. The "Chaos winz when Webway was destroyed lol suck it Dad-Emprah" is the true ADB fanwank. They want to conquer the galaxy and make it a Warp-infused hell-playground forever. That's why they threw in with Abaddon after Horus blew it.

Don't believe ADB's wank. A single Primarch is enough to get all their attention, there's no way they didn't care about what happened in the Heresy.
>>
File: tumblr_npkr4jKLjV1say732o1_500.jpg (110KB, 457x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npkr4jKLjV1say732o1_500.jpg
110KB, 457x750px
>>52516196
t. assblasted guillicuck
>>
>>52516196
>The Dark Gods even wanted Horus to lose (along with Emps) so the galaxy would only know eternal war.

False. The Chaos Gods only wanted the Webway destroyed. Then they spent the next 10K prepping the galaxy for the apocalypse.

>>52516338
>Huuurrr duurrr I will replace actual canon with my headcanon

No, they intended for Horus to lose. They named him the Sacrificed and wrote in his destiny failure. Horus was used as a distraction to destroy the Webway and to spawn their true chosen (Abaddon).
>>
Is there somewhere where I can find heraldry and decor and all that jazz for 30k Dangels? What book would/will it be in?
>>
>The Emperor turned to him, His eyes focusing on the Custodian for the first time. ‘The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species’ last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light.’

>‘It cannot be this way.’ Diocletian stepped forwards, teeth clenched. ‘It cannot.’

>The Emperor tilted His head. ‘No? What then do you intend to do, Custodian? How will you – with your spear and your fury and your loyalty – pull fate itself from its repeating path?’

>‘We will kill Horus.’ Diocletian stared at his defeated monarch, illuminated in emberish light of the lumoglobe in his hand. ‘And after the war, we can begin anew. We can purge the webway. The Unifiers can rebuild all that was lost, even if it takes centuries. We will strike Horus down and–’

>‘I will face the Sixteenth,’ the Emperor interrupted, distracted once more by the machine graveyard. ‘But there will come another to take his place. I see that now. It is the way of things. The enemy will never abate. Another will come, one who will doubtless learn from Horus’ errors of faith and judgement.’

>‘Who, my king?’

>The Emperor shook His head. ‘There is no way to know. And for now it is meaningless. But remember it well – we are not the only ones learning from this conflict. Our enemies grow wiser, as well.’

>Diocletian refused to concede. ‘You are the Emperor of Mankind. We will conquer any who come against us. After the war, we will rebuild under your guidance.’

>The Emperor stared at him. He spoke a question that wasn’t a question, one that brooked no answer.

>‘And what if I am gone, Diocletian.’
>>
>>52516525
>They wanted Horus to lose

Shitty BL books don't change the fact that the Chaos Gods did everything they could to help Horus win, then moved to Abaddon as a backup plan. Hell I play Black Legion and I know that much.
>>
>>52516676
>The Custodian had no answer. Thunder pealed above them, shaking the cavern and jarring loose a rattling hail of falling pebble-dust.

>‘My king, what now? What comes next?’

>The Emperor turned away, walking into the darkness of the cavern while the storm hammered the dead city so far above. He spoke three words that no Custodian had ever heard Him speak before.

>‘I don’t know.’

Humbled, beaten, and defeated. Chaos have won. Accept the L, Imperialfags. Humanity has no bright dawn in this grimdark future.

What happened next in the HH is just the freaking bonus round and that the Chaos Gods intentionally threw because they didn't desire Horus to actually win. Horus winning would screw them over.
>>
File: 172152.jpg (9KB, 174x266px) Image search: [Google]
172152.jpg
9KB, 174x266px
Oooh god i just love you so much Abbadon, you are the absolute best chaos god ever, you could kill all those stupid primarchs at the same time with your SUPER POWERFUL DEMON SWORD THAT BEAT THE EMPEROR. fill me with your chaos cummies abbadaddy!!~~
>>
>>52516758
>three words
>I don’t know
>three
fucking retard
>>
>>52516721
>Shitty BL books don't change the fact that the Chaos Gods did everything they could to help Horus win

Oh...did you somehow get the draft for the final book of the HH series? No? Then it's fanfiction. They already confirmed that William King's version went into to the trash and that they are rewriting the whole fight. I mean come on MoM tells you, as the daemons in their billions were streaming to the Imperial Webway, that Horus's war meant nothing to Chaos. The Hidden War aka the Webway war was the real war that Chaos sought to win. Only Sons of Horus fags would disagree.

And Abaddon isn't the backup. He is the main guy.
>>
Kinda shitty 2500 iron hands list, but I wanted to try out some castellax. T8 vs shooting castellax sounds hilarious, plasma needs 5s to wound them.

Head of the Gorgon I guess? Open to RoW suggestions.

2500pts

Autek mor with cyberfamiliar
Cataphractii command squad, 3 chainfists, 1 with power sword
Land raider phobos with armored ceramite

Legion praevian with bolter, iron halo, cyber familiar
5x Castellax with Legiones Astartes
3 have maulers, 2 have darkfire cannons. All have 2x bolters and shock chargers. Enhanced targeters.

2 quad mortars with shatter shells

Legion marksman veterans. 9 models, 3 veterans have combi-meltas, sgt has artificer and combi melta, multimelta rhino

2 tac squads in multimelta rhinos, sgts have artificer and combi-meltas

Vindicator tank
Sicaran venator
>>
Were there any loyalist Night Lords other than the former chief librarian and those Crimson Sons remnants?

>>52516825
All true, but mortals defying gods or fate isn't unheard of.
>>
>>52516825
>And Abaddon isn't the backup. He is the main guy

No, even Abbadon means nothing to Chaos, just like Horus. Fuck it, in 40k the last ten thousand years meant nothing, the entire universe means nothing !
Because, as MoM which you so reverently quote at every turn says, Chaos already won, because the webway project failed. Don't star having different standards for different characters Carnac, at least show the decency to stick to your own damned reasoning no matter which character you are babbling about.

But if the situation in 40k and the entire history that came before it mean nothing, why should we care ?
>>
>>52517123
All I am reading is babbling that can be identified as denial.

> why should we care ?

Because people enjoy watching a trainwreck (We already have knowledge that Girlyman will fail). Also you get to root for the Tau.
>>
>>52516188
I mean, it seems like all your list does is sit in one place and shoot, and pretty much only interacts with one phase of the game (shooting). Like facing tau, this doesn't make for a very fun game for your opponent. And medusas and quad mortars have a bit of a reputation anyway, (with basilisks only getting a pass because most people take medusas instead) so a lot of people limit themselves to just the battery of quad mortars, for example.
>>
>>52516825
>I mean come on MoM tells you, as the daemons in their billions were streaming to the Imperial Webway, that Horus's war meant nothing to Chaos. The Hidden War aka the Webway war was the real war that Chaos sought to win.

The Webway War was definitely more important to Chaos, but I wouldn't say that Horus's war meant nothing. There will probably be billions of daemons streaming onto the surface of Terra during the Siege (okay, maybe just millions) as in the old fluff. In the new fluff to date, Chaos has still helped Horus and the other traitors quite a bit - if they care, then they only would have corrupted Horus up to the point that he told Russ to kill Magnus since that was key to derailing the Webway Project. But no, they kept helping the traitors after that.

The benefit is clear - Horus, the Word Bearers, and what would become the cult legions make it easier for daemons to enter realspace. They all like committing human sacrifices, and their public acceptance of the Chaos gods means more worshippers (or just sufferers, in their name) and therefore more power.

Now, I do think it's likely that the outcome we all know and love was what Chaos really wanted, and they didn't want a complete traitor victory. Maybe the Cabal was speaking the truth when they said Horus would destroy humanity if he won. So they need him to die, but they also need the Emperor crippled. The Imperial Truth is directly harmful to Chaos even without the Webway Project. I'm calling it now - the Chaos gods told this to Erebus and he lowered the shields on the Vengeful Spirit so that the final duel could take place.
>>
File: 1478365296382.png (1MB, 802x657px) Image search: [Google]
1478365296382.png
1MB, 802x657px
So why does everyone focus on Guy Haley having a couple harlequins kill a dozen custodes when in the same book he wrote a Black Templar and an Iron Warrior who knew each other DURING the heresy team up?

Sounds infinitely worse to me.
>>
>>52516758
Rise of the Primarch shows you're full of shit. Primarchs - not the Emperor, Primarchs - are so powerful that fate distorts from their mere presence. Kairos Fateweaver, who sees shit even Tzeentch can't, finds his powers of foresight failing him around Guilliman. He explicitly fails to see Skarbrand bursting through his wall like a psychotic Koolaid Man coming. Even Magnus can't see the whole future around his brother. The Chaos Gods genuinely don't get good reading when they check their spooky tea leaves for Primarchs.
>>
>>52517332
>but I wouldn't say that Horus's war meant nothing.

In MoM the Emperor says that Horus' war meant nothing. Literally.
>>
>>52517365
What are you talking about anon? All black library novels are completely logical and consistent both in-book and with the rest of the series. They are the one true canon as our Supreme Overlord Laurie Goulding has stated. Fuck you and your non-canon Index Astartes.
>>
>>52517426
The Emperor could have rebuilt from it, but there was nothing he could do about the webway breach.
>>
>>52517475
Exactly. Even if they seem wrong about fundamental laws of nature, BL isn't wrong. Deep space really does have extreme pressure that can make spacecraft implode, BL said so, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.
>>
>>52517520
>The Emperor could have rebuilt from it

Sure, the Emperor could have rebuilt from Horus and his pals barging into the Imperial palace, wrecking and destroying everything. Surely He could even have rebuilt those machines that instead were destroyed by Magnus trying to warn him, which led to the war in the webway because the Emperor could not replace or rebuilt those machines.
>>
>>52517426
That doesn't mean Horus's war meant nothing. The Emperor was wrong; he thought he'd win and reconquer the galaxy at his leisure. He didn't think Horus would become powerful enough to actually threaten him in person.
>>
Couple of questions.

Firstly would you exchange two BS 5 Predator Tanks with heavy bolter sponsons for a Sicarian Battle Tank? The Accelerator Autocannon is a beast but the Preds lays down a large number of shots

Second what is your opinion on Havoc Launchers? My list comes out to a mobile gunline and the idea of several rhinos supporting the heavy artillery seems like a good idea to me. Am I better off exchanging them for multi-meltas or combi-weapons?
>>
>>52517614
Even when in Outcast dead some astropath delivers him the vision of Horus killing him. And the Emperor acknowledging that he is going to die. Even that didn't mean Horus was powerfull enough to threaten him in person.
>>
>>52517685
>Firstly would you exchange two BS 5 Predator Tanks with heavy bolter sponsons for a Sicarian Battle Tank? The Accelerator Autocannon is a beast but the Preds lays down a large number of shots
It depends on the number of bodies and firepower of the rest of your Ironwing list.
On the needs too, if you absolutely need to kill jinkers, then do it.

>Second what is your opinion on Havoc Launchers? My list comes out to a mobile gunline and the idea of several rhinos supporting the heavy artillery seems like a good idea to me.
Seems like a well thought out idea, but being Rhinos they'll still crack quickly under heavy fire unless you move them back after the passengers disembark.
>>
>>52517365
Because IWxIF is best ship
>>
File: 1486820242894.jpg (67KB, 569x445px) Image search: [Google]
1486820242894.jpg
67KB, 569x445px
>>52512771
https://pastebin.com/Mxjp67zH

This is it so far, not finished obviously. Need thoughts on it so far.
>>
>>52517865
First paragraph is supposed to be italics, fuckin pastebin - the rest isn't as obscure and purpley
>>
>>52517865
You had shared your WB fluff with us before, hadn't you? About a chapter coming from nomadic tribes or something like that.
>>
>>52517953
Yes. Did a story too but it was far too purple. I'm trying to cut back.
>>
>>52516721
>responding to carnac
>>
>>52510009
Your implying that Mortarion wanted or would have accepted help. Mortarion tard charged up that mountain half cocked to prove to himself that he could do it on his own without help from the mysterious golden stranger. Being stubborn and ignorant are traits Mortarion has in abundance, not Big E's fault he started dying at the top of the mountain.
>>
>>52516954
Made a mistake there; the praevian has artificer armor, refractor field, cyber familiar, bolter.
>>
>>52517301
Okay. What do you advise instead of Medusa ?
>>
>>52518082
Mortarion would have done it had he utilised what he learned of magic from his first father.
>>
>>52517095
Sevatar eventually? Maybe?
>>
>>52509373
I like going a little expensive... reavers with jump packs and combi-weapons. It makes them a really mobile jack-of-all that can fill whatever you need them to fill. A great reactionary unit. They also get banestrike rounds, which fits nicely with the rest of my guys. Very few people expect em. Having a squad able to bounce up close and delete a terminator squad or choice tank with melta/plasma unsettles a lot of my opponents who haven't faced that setup before. They're also decent against marines with banestrike, and can assault anything not specialized well too with their good attack characteristic.

Just a great "ah crap I just lost _____ unit for _____ purpose, good thing my reavers can shore up that part of the battle" kind of unit.
>>
>>52517394
What you said is utterly irrelevant and hint hint Girlyman fail and Abaddon reaches Terra just as the Emperor have foreseen.
>>
>>52513120
Hence why it isn't subjected to the "specialist weapon" rule. It's a very finely made fist that doesn't get in your way of using different weapons in the other hand.

Fw did a great job on it IMO.
>>
>>52518361
Which is written in ..... ?

Last I've read from the last campaign book concerning 40k was that Guilliman succesfully made it back to Terra and was just starting to pull the Imperium back together. Whilst Abbadon, who admittedly finally destroyed cadia, is still sitting on his fat ass in the cadia system orderding his monkeys around. And there hasn't been any new lore since, sooooooooo

your shitty fanfiction doesn't count
>>
File: The last Vision.png (233KB, 2252x856px) Image search: [Google]
The last Vision.png
233KB, 2252x856px
>>52518477
The Dante novel which has the last prophecy of Sangy. Dante and Kurze were blessed with accurate foresight. Also the Talon of Horus in which Imperius avatar of the Emperor and a manifestation of prophecy says that Abaddon and crew are the Death of the Empire and a deadly threat to its master.
>>
>>52518477
Just ignore him anon. Trying to stir up shit with terrible books that have died off into obscurity.
>>
>>52518533
Actually, the Dante book is very recent and includes the Gathering Storm events. Its suppose to be prelude to the new novel that is called the "Devastation of Baal" that's about Baal being destroyed by the Tyranids.
>>
>>52518563
Oh look, instead of something with an actual history taking out Baal, such as Ka'bandha, BL went with nids.

Amazing.
>>
>>52518520
Oh, just a shitty vision. Vague as usual, and no substantial outcome. Anybody can read whatever they want from that.
>>
>>52518612
And the Tyranids and Ka'pandaman sandwiching Baal has been known for years. We just confirmation that the nids will be the side that emerges victorious and proceed towards Terra to meet up with Abaddon's forces there.

What do you against throwing Nidfags a bone?
>>
>>52517846
I have it set at 3 squads of 10, I might add another since regular bolters feel like heavy bolters within 12 inches. 2 of my three mortis dreadnoughts will have lascannons so I'm not to worried about flyers. I will probably switch in a Sicarian, seems it would hurt shit more unless I upgrade the preds to executioner plasma cannons.

As for the rhinos that was my plan, plus adding a minor if numerous threat to them would draw fire away from my scoring units and other tanks.

Thanks for the input.
>>
>>52511611
crypt ghouls have some spines, but I think they mostly come with ribs and skulls attatched.
>>
>>52518614
Nope, it's not vague. Terra will be besieged by both the Tyranids and the forces of Chaos. A golden warrior (Dante) will be all that stands between them and the Emperor. The martyrdom of the golden warrior might give the Emperor enough time to be reborn.

What we get from all of this is that Girlyman failed. Implying Girlyman with his 200+ years military exp can match Abaddon's 10K years.
>>
>>52518612
As a nid player, shut the fuck up we need some cred.
>>
File: IMG_2131.jpg (422KB, 705x977px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2131.jpg
422KB, 705x977px
>>52518520
>Nice try Carnac

Meanwhile back in the real world the Imperium is gearing up for its largest operation since the Great Crusade, the Eldar have broken Chaos' hold on their souls, and Slaanesh is about to get squatted.
>>
>>52518689
You don't need to fuck up the blood angels, they are hilarious degenerates of their 30k version. I just find it funny that the ultramarines can walk away from tyranids with relatively low casualties.
>>
>>52518716
gw just needs to stop and let forgeworld people do everything for them, every in past 2 years is fan fiction tier garbage and the models are hasbro

the art is also fucking abysmal, a herald that 40k is dead
>>
>>52518716
And it will be in vain. Name one prophecy that either Kurze or Sangy got wrong. Just ONE. You can't.
>>
File: crying laughing pepe.jpg (8KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
crying laughing pepe.jpg
8KB, 220x230px
>>52518716
>pic

just LOOK at that piece of shit

fucking LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>>
>>52518746
Fucking Sanguinius flat out says his visions of are sometimes wrong in your exerpt. Talos inherited Curze's gift and almost all of what he saw didn't come to pass. Not even Kairos Fateweaver, the best seer in the galaxy, got it right.
>>
>>52518082
But notice how I never said Mortarion would ask Him for help. Emps should have let him cough his lungs as he did, but should have used Biomancy on him instead of killing the guy. Empowering Mortarion, he'd have realized the usefulness of psychic powers and gotten his revenge.
Well, however, if we go for the ever popular "Chaos can't be denied" route, then Mortarion still hates the Emperor for having fueled him with foul magiks, thus tainting his victory.
Also, now knowing the power of witches, it'd still place him in the path where he seeks to understand the warp, and Nurgle would still claim him.
Chaos may not be best stepdad, but does get the custody regardless.

Heh, sometimes I forget the heresy is a tragedy
>>
>>52518741
That's what happens when you have a reserve chapter to preserve your sue-ness.
>>
>>52518768
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>52509358

He did everything right and more
>>
File: lorgar btfo.jpg (140KB, 1024x855px) Image search: [Google]
lorgar btfo.jpg
140KB, 1024x855px
>>52518768
I dont get it
>>
>>52518741
>I just find it funny that the ultramarines can walk away from tyranids with relatively low casualties.
they were decimated, though
>>
>>52518965
Not to mention the ones who won the real battle, in space, were the Imperial Navy.
>>
File: DG_Leviathan_Dred_2.png (408KB, 534x482px) Image search: [Google]
DG_Leviathan_Dred_2.png
408KB, 534x482px
What is a good weapon to pair with a Grav Bombard on the Leviathan?

Are double storm cannon or double melta lance any good?

And finally, does the severing cut rule for their claws cause spill over wounds to an entire unit, or just the individual model? i.e. is it only good for killing multiwound models?
>>
>>52509358
>Chase peeps into webway
>Never pop back out
>>
>>52518990
Double storm cannon leviathans are the ultimate fuck-all-your-marines-and-light-armour-too. I can tell because I'm always on the recieving end of one, two, or three. And it is hard to get rid of them before all your dudes and metal bawkses are gone.

Fuck leviathans. Stupid OC doughnutsteel piece of shit.
>>
>>52518947

>this is the best loyalists can paint

JUST
>>
>>52518984
Well, the ground battle was technically in defense of orbital defense assets. All things considered it was a pretty sensible story, for something about space aliens getting shot by space marines.
>>
>>52519066
Leviathans should have been the Furibundus. Cortus dreads were a mistake as well.
>>
>>52518944
He's a traitor of the worst kind. He built a territory that was ready to secede from the imperium at a moments notice if he thought he could get away with it.

Thinking the emperor was dead was no excuse to not come to aid. Terra was more than the emperor. It was the astronomican, the navigator houses, the gene labs that surpassed even mars's, the techno workshops that surpassed even mars's, everything. But he only left for terra to save face in a similar way to the lion.

Dorn, Sanguinius, and Ferrus are the only objectively clean primarchs. And Ferrus is dead. The rest have hidden mutiny/heresy or themselves are culpable of gross inaction, or both. I think Vulkan was just plain unlucky.
>>
>>52518687
>Implying Girlyman with his 200+ years military exp can match Abaddon's 10K years.

10K years of failure?
>>
>>52519140
Nah.
>>
>>52519115
I kind of agree with this.
>>
>>52519149
More like 10k year without arms...
>>
>>52519149
He was just pretending to not accomplish much. His sword is so powerful he could have ended it anytime.
>>
File: 1487803322586.jpg (59KB, 710x288px) Image search: [Google]
1487803322586.jpg
59KB, 710x288px
>>52519178
>tfw too smart to accomplish goals in a reasonable time frame
>>
>>52519140
>The guy who actually held the Imperium together after the HH
>Who loyally fights for his father's vision ten millennia after his death
>A traitor

Top kek.
>>
>>52519140
Ferrus didn't leave a note saying "btw guys don't fuck yourselves up with cybernetics" and his anger/hardheadedness lead directly to the circumstances that allowed the drop site massacre to happen.

Sanguinius was a latent psyker and hid the red thirst in fear of being purged.

Dorn went off the deep end when the emperor got fucked up, he couldn't ha doe failure well at all.
>>
>>52518677
Mortis Engine has some skeleton torsos with spines on the railings. And there's pic related in the Necron lych guard kit, but it's more technical than biological, so you might have to shape it a bit to look less mechanical.

Then again, if you're putting them on, say, Marine heads, a more mechanical spine would probably suit them just fine.
>>
File: ChaosSpaceMarine2.jpg (94KB, 533x893px) Image search: [Google]
ChaosSpaceMarine2.jpg
94KB, 533x893px
>>52518716
How did GW fuck up so bad in the art department? How did this go to that?
>>
>>52519178
>It was merely an act
I thought the Crusades were creating a path towards Terra, thus they weren't failures?
Horus already failed a surprise coup, so he began the march towards Terra. That ultimately didn't work.
So his successor was forced to take the 10000 year road.
Notice how I'm not staying whether or not this will be a failure as well, only that it has not failed yet.
>>
>>52512771
After Lorgar went traitor he spent the next 40 years prepping for the Heresy, which meant slowly sending the loyalist WBs (mostly Terra recruits) on suicide missions as a way to purge them.
>>
>>52519272
Cheap comission work ?
>>
>>52519235
Wait, wait. You're telling me he was a-okay with ruling the imperium once the emperor was out of the way because he was late to the party... you don't say...
>>
>>52519250
>Ferrus' anger caused them to be betrayed by the traitors, who had already deployed behind them and actually fired on the Salamanders first, you know, the guys who were playing it cautious and decided to regroup behind the reinforcements.
I wish this meme died. Unlike Ferrus.
>>
>>52517365
Because the THIS IS HERESY fanatical dreadnought Marshal who periodically thought it was still the heresy was 10/10
>>
File: 1480405013812.jpg (182KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480405013812.jpg
182KB, 1024x1024px
Was it 10,000 years for Abaddon though? Time's pretty fucked in the eye, maybe its only been like a 1000 years for him.
>>
>>52519272
Examples of non chaos art you consider good, plz.
>>
>>52519364
>Talos was only like 300 years old in the 41st millenium
Fucking BL.
>>
>>52519364
>maybe its only been like a 1000 years for him.
Or maybe 20000.
Not to mention Horus probably ended up the same age as the Emperor when he exited Molech, as he looked aged up.
>>
File: tumblr_ns0g1yFJVK1tvfheeo1_1280.jpg (479KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns0g1yFJVK1tvfheeo1_1280.jpg
479KB, 1280x960px
>>52519376
Paul Dainton
Karl Kopinsky
Adrian Smith
>>
>>52519250
Dorn had a personal score to settle. He was always the loyal soldier when presented with reason.
>>
>>52519328
>t.assblasted IFfag
>>
File: 1444689024281.jpg (692KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1444689024281.jpg
692KB, 1680x1050px
>>52519376
>>
>>52519250
Can't blame Sang for being a psyker, and staying quiet about the red thirst was a smart choice. Unfortunately Horus manipulated him with that knowledge.
>>
>>52519140

Again with this stupid meme, kill yourself, tratior
>>
File: WH40K_IronHands_vs_Alaitoc2beta.jpg (393KB, 1920x1310px) Image search: [Google]
WH40K_IronHands_vs_Alaitoc2beta.jpg
393KB, 1920x1310px
Post your second favourite legion you'd collect if you didn't already have a primarch/legionfu you were irrationally emotional over to the degree where to unironically defend their honour in every single thread posted until you weep blood and scream into the night:

Iron Hands

My legion: Word Bearers
>>
File: siege of terra.png (29KB, 653x221px) Image search: [Google]
siege of terra.png
29KB, 653x221px
Reminder that Blood Angels were never at the Siege of Terra.
>>
>>52519400
Yeah, he lost his hair.
>>
>>52519419
>Karl Kopinsky
we don't speak his name anymore. Not since the..."incident".
>>
>>52519503
White Scars

My Legion: Iron Hands.
>>
>>52519507
Not even the Emperor.
F.
>>
>>52519507
>Whitescar

What's one of those cats from the Warrior books doing there?
>>
>>52519503
Probably Sons of Horus (though I might collect Custodians)

Legion: Thousand Sons
>>
>>52519509
Jej
>>
>>52519553
>imperial fist

Only one left?
>>
File: 1447614685710.jpg (284KB, 789x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1447614685710.jpg
284KB, 789x1200px
>>52519510
But oversized marines look cool.
>>
File: adrian-smith-spawn.jpg (299KB, 1000x1498px) Image search: [Google]
adrian-smith-spawn.jpg
299KB, 1000x1498px
>>52519510
>Not since the..."incident".

???

What incident?
>>
File: 20160617_021728.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
20160617_021728.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
>>52519507
>loyalists are called chapters while traitors are legions
>>
File: IMG_20170403_215457_293.jpg (1MB, 4608x1875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_215457_293.jpg
1MB, 4608x1875px
First five Grey Slayers finished. Except the bolters of course. And yes i am a bad painter, but at least they are "painted"
>>
>>52519728
Good thing you mentioned they are gay slayers, I thought they were SoH.
>>
>>52519633
Oh look, it's Phosis K'Tar :^)
>What incident
The one we do not speak of, involving kopinsky.
>>
File: 1344132738777.jpg (923KB, 1047x3020px) Image search: [Google]
1344132738777.jpg
923KB, 1047x3020px
>>52519660
Technically the traitors were chapters too, there were just legions of them.
>>
>>52510211
gross, i hate the Scorpius
>Salamanders is okay tho
>>
File: 1485655305579.jpg (195KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485655305579.jpg
195KB, 1200x800px
>>52519376
LITERALLY
>>
>>52519772
Thanks for my daily dose of sarcasm
>>
>>52519848
Ah, my screensaver.
Yeah, nothing compares to it...
Then again, be reasonable. Nothing could :^)
>>
>>52519848
>NON HUMANS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52519728
They're painted good enough, so for now I'll ignore the fact they're grey slayers
>>
>>52519728
Solid work, I like them. The slightly darker grey was a good choice.
>>
File: 1490029198952.jpg (2MB, 3460x439px) Image search: [Google]
1490029198952.jpg
2MB, 3460x439px
>>52519888
>>52519921
>>
I swear I saw a Knight-Errant creation table kicking around here a long time ago. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have I gone insane?
>>
>>52519924
:^)
>>
>>52519984
That was so long ago...
Good times.
>>
>>52519971
Why couldn't the Sister's models have those Blanche stilettos?
>>
>>52519345
Ferrus ignored Corax's advice to retreat from Isstvan V but Iron Hands of the Iron Hands decided to Leeroy into the traitors like an angry retard. You could say the betrayal really got to his head.
>>
>>52520144
>lol i cant see shit
>>
>>52520144
Why is she wearing a DM screen as a mask?
>>
>>52520144
does she have a furnace on her head.
>>
File: wallpaper-prospero-burns.jpg (14KB, 143x163px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-prospero-burns.jpg
14KB, 143x163px
>>52519728
>the wolves with their wooden fucking shields
>>
File: 450px-The_Awesomeness_of_40K.png (438KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
450px-The_Awesomeness_of_40K.png
438KB, 450x600px
>>52519376
>>
>>52520257
> :^)
>>
Here's how it won't play out:
>final battle of the siege of terra: emps vs horus
>horus is kicking the shit out of emps
>like, emps isn't holding back or anything, he's just losing
>horus is faster, stronger, just better
>emps is down & wounded
>horus raises his mace for the killing blow
>swings
>suddenly olly pious is there
>shitty mk 1 army issue combat knife meets mace of doom
>RULES OF NATURE
>horus gets #rekt
>>
>>52520370
>implying abaddon won't kill horus before the siege and then kill emps later
>>
>>52520370
You forgot the gods of chaos barging in going "JUST A PRANK BRO"
>>
>>52519434
>be Dorn
>spend your son's lives to save the emperor and the future of humanity inb4 iron cage
>guilliman turns up, having contributed almost nothing
>he's too busy politicking around on terra to actually save the imperium from the still present traitors but get's all the credit because 20,000 IF doesn't outdo the work of 150,000 Ultras even with a Primarch
>whatever, you don't care about voting on this codex astartes bullshit he's pulling this week it'll all blow over anyway
>turns out he was actually setting about weakening humanity's defences against the dark and calling everyone who disagrees with him a traitor
>calls everyone who agrees with him a potential traitor too
>opens fire on your fleet despite the fact that if he had done his job your father would still be alive
>concede to his demands because you're not going to destroy yet more of your father's work to prove a point even if he would
>because of only having a thousand marines to work with you get killed during the first black crusade
I'd be pretty pissed too bub.
>>
>>52520399
>abaddon's murder of horus is the act that brings drachnyen into true existence
it's dumb enough to fit this fucking series at this point
>>
>>52520466
that's not how it goes down, and that ain't how dorn OR guilliman acted at all
>>
>>52520058

Indeed. It's a long shot, but do you (or anyone) have the picture with all the info? Or even a rough date for when I go digging through the archives?
>>
File: 426px-Damnation-of-Pythos.jpg (136KB, 426x599px) Image search: [Google]
426px-Damnation-of-Pythos.jpg
136KB, 426x599px
What the hell was that?
>>
>>52520472
>it turns out abaddon was a reincarnation of caine
>abaddon was the Emperor's uncle all along
>he's not Horus' geneson but his timey-wimey bullshit great uncle
When does the ride end?
>>
>>52520563
A look at the way the soul/temperament of the iron hands was changing post-isstvan - the company featured in the book is a microcosm of the wider legion. I thought it was pretty decent.
>>
>>52520370
>>RULES OF NATURE
kek
>>
>>52520644
jej
>>
>>52520370
>emp is pretty much dead
>horus raises his mace for the killing blow
>swings
>suddenly a warp-gate opens up
>pius steps out like "what's going on in thi-"
>mace smashed him into liquid paste
>pius' athame pings into horus' eye
>he swings around, firing his weapons
>kills a custodian bursting into the room
>horus slips on pius' blood and viscera
>impales himself on the emperor's sword
>ded
>dorn bursts in
>>
>>52520675
You forget the IF terminator.
>>
File: 1469061152976.png (706KB, 2508x2208px) Image search: [Google]
1469061152976.png
706KB, 2508x2208px
>>52520507
Here ya go.
>>
File: 1484763968569.png (35KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1484763968569.png
35KB, 192x192px
>>52520675
>>
>>52520563
A pretty decent side-story and character study that got BTFO because people thought very mainline HH book should advance the plot
>>
File: 1490339513709.png (84KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1490339513709.png
84KB, 658x901px
>>52517865
>when you don't get feedback/criticism again
>>
>>52520695
And the squad of IF terminators.
>>
>>52520706
Thank you, sincerely. I hope you have a fantastic week anon!
>>
>>52520466
Dorn's literal job was the Emperor's Praetorian, its not Guilliman's fault he sucked as a bodyguard. Or that Guilliman had to bail him out of Perturabo's incredibly obvious trap.
>>
>>52520720
Hey, I gave you criticism that time.
Besides, some people just aren't into that, less so if it's about word bearers.
Umbra Sumus is great and I was bored to sleep.
Great sleeping aid, though.
>>
>>52520744
Why didn't Dorn just exterminatus Sebastus IV? Is it because he personally wanted to capture Pert so he shed tens of thousands of Imperial Fists lives for nothing? If so, Dorn loses a lot of respect in my book.
>>
>>52520742
Thanks m8
>>
>>52520714
>because people thought very mainline HH book should advance the plot
>>
>>52520793
Because he wanted to capture Perturabo and drag him back to Terra and had made a vow to do so.
>>
>>52520793
It was a legion sized painglove. Dorn and the Fists had failed the Emperor, so they had to be punished.
>>
File: 1489548291521.jpg (68KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1489548291521.jpg
68KB, 699x485px
>>52520788
>Umbra Sumus is great and I was bored to sleep. Great sleeping aid, though.

Are you saying Umbra Sumus is sleeping aid or mine?

If so flame on
>>
>>52520836
>>52520837
Pretty fucking weak.
>>
>>52520914
Anon, I'm phoneposting. I don't want to read while phoneposting.
I'll make me sleepy.
>>
>>52520793
>Is it because he personally wanted to capture Pert

Yes, another reason is because his legion was found wanting so in order to move forwards the legion had to be purged. It was a giant pain glove for the legion.
>>
>>52520720
Word bro from before here. I am reading your fluff, give me some minutes
>>
>>52520952
Do you even like the imperial fists, mate.
>>
>>52520952
Or maybe Pert had just built exterminatus-proof fortifications? Isstvan's wartorn bunkers sufficed, as did some giant flamethrowers that one time.
>>
>>52521036
Nick Kyme needs to burn for that one.
>>
>>52520986
So getting caught was part of Dorn's plan?
>>
>>52520793
>>52520836
>>52520837
>>52520952
>>52520986

Dorn was not content with his warriors being called the Emperor's finest when the Emperor was felled on their watch. If they had fought harder and held control of the walls, the Emperor would have never felt the need to go out and meet Horus in battle. Dorn felt punishment was due and only those who survived were fit to live on as protectors of the Imperium.
>>
>>52521036
Istvaan's bunkers protected Space Marines against virus bombs, then Angron went all Leeroy Jenkins before Horus could launch a second bombardment. No fortifications will help against a planet being blown apart by cyclonic torpedoes.
>>
File: 1463010270435.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1463010270435.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>52520983
>>52521024
>>
>>52521120
Why didn't he just start things off with the torpedoes?
>>
>>52521163

Because people must suffer.
>>
File: Shield of Baal.jpg (1MB, 2592x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Shield of Baal.jpg
1MB, 2592x1552px
>>52518612
Did you somehow miss the whole Shield of Baal series?

Not to mention that Nids are the all-time experts on brutally murdering Blood Angels. Just how many times now have the sons of Sanguinius accidentally their entire chapter on a Space Hulk?
>>
>>52521163
Because virus bombs are cooler anon
>>
Terminator combis. Where do I get them? Is it just the two you get in the FW wargear sets?
>>
>>52521163
The real question is why he didn't just leave the guy behind and steal all their space ships,then wait till he was in orbit over terra before bombarding anything.
>>
>>52521036
>>52521207
It seems like 40k writers always forget that ships have the ability to just delete planets.
>>
File: YoureABigGuy.jpg (3KB, 137x79px) Image search: [Google]
YoureABigGuy.jpg
3KB, 137x79px
>>52519466
>>
>>52521163
Don't know. Maybe he wanted to save them for a special occasion.
>>
>>52521145
Sorry anon I have to go, I promise I'll read the story tomorrow and post my thoughts about it
>>
>>52521277
>UUUUU
>>
>>52521259
Are you saying Dorn should have DELET THIS.
>>
>>52521259

You forget that the infamous titan cocksuckers, the Legio Mortis, made planetfall on Istvaan 3.
>>
>>52521204
Everything went downhill after the Sanguinius died.
>>
File: 1396951632645.jpg (21KB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
1396951632645.jpg
21KB, 193x200px
>>52521277
>>
>>52521326
That's because they're even bigger.

Just kidding, I'm a blind fuck
>>
>>52520563
Only makes sense if you read Pandorax (40k novel)

Don't. It is fucking trash. I dare to bet a considerable amount that nobody did any proofreading on Pandorax.
>>
>>52521075
Being burned would probably give him an erection. Ewwww.
>>
So, can WE tacticals with free chainaxe and apothecary can throw what, 100 S6 attacks when they charge?
>>
>>52521567
Well, you have to pay a few extra points for those chainaxes, but yes, you can.
>>
>>52521600

>pay
>chainaxes

wut?
>>
File: free.jpg (549KB, 480x2243px) Image search: [Google]
free.jpg
549KB, 480x2243px
>>52521600
>>
most fluffy scoring troops for Cybernetica? secutarii? thallax? thralls?
>>
File: chainaxes.jpg (521KB, 808x2168px) Image search: [Google]
chainaxes.jpg
521KB, 808x2168px
>>52521600
(you)
>>
I know the chainaxe fight is a meme and everything but are chainaxes really free? Didn't forgeworld say you have to pay for them
>>
>>52521936
I find it hard to believe that +1S and AP 4 is free.
>>
>>52521936
The arguments have died off since they got +1S.
>>
>>52520494
It's not how they acted, but it is kind of how it goes down.

The High Lords of Terra liked the Codex Astartes idea and pushed it so hard because humans, especially Terran humans, were terrified of space marines after the Siege. They were never going to let the loyalists off easy.

Guilliman probably didn't mean to take the glory (I'm being generous here) but if a large number of humans adore you for being the cavalry charging over the hill to save the day... you can't really convince them otherwise.
>>
>>52521936
By RAW they are free.
>>
>>52519140
What did Khan do?
>>
is this a decent 2500 point custodes list? planning on deepstriking everything but the dreads and dick bikes

Shield Captain
Praesidium Shield
Digital Lasers
Cyner Familiar
Paragon Spear
Teleportation Transponder
Tribune

Sentinal Squad
+1 Custode
Power Gauntlet x1
Teleportation Transponders
Magisterium Vexilla

Sentinal Squad
+1 Custode
Power Gauntlet x1
Magisterium Vexilla

Contemptor Achillus
Dreadspear

Hetaeron Guard
+2 Hetaeron Guard
Praesidium Shield
Solerite Gauntlet x3
Pyrithite Spear x2

Agamatus Jetbike
Twin Linked Corvae Las-Pulser

Agamatus Jetbike
Twin Linked Corvae Las-Pulser

Contemptor Galatus Dreadnought
>>
>>52522051
khan is joint top for loyalty.
triumvirate of pride and loyalty.
Dorn, Khan and Sanguinius
>>
>>52522189
>Shield Captain
>Praesidium Shield
>Cyner Familiar
>Tribune

STOP
>>
>>52522189
Any list that can't bomb two contemptors and two bikes off the table turn one probably deserves to lose horribly.
>>
>>52522228
why? other ppl bring primarchs. man up bitch
>>
>>52522228
>cucking yourself out of the best options
They're Custodes not Cuckstodes, anon.
>>
We're HH6 and HH7 mistakes?
>>
>>52519503

Night Lords would be my second choice, followed by Dark Angels.

But Sixth Legion til I die. Fenris hjolda.
>>
>>52522316
>impossible to kill unless you roll a 6 on the d table

No fuck off.
>>
>>52519503
I'd go with Ultramarines if the Blood Angels weren't my true love.
>>
>>52519793

Anybody have the rest of this, where he called the last Loyalist "brother" as an insult before he killed him?
>>
>>52522228
> still dies like a bitch to the D stomp
Why do people care about this guy again?
>>
>>52522228
>one broken thing about the army
>Le STOP xd

I bet you run armored breakthrough as your RoW
>>
>>52520563
People with shit taste rag on it because no Primarch jerk off scenes, stupid lore changing 'PLOT TWWWIIISSSTTTS!!!1' or perpetuals. But it was an interesting story, with a cool look at the Iron Hands and Salamanders.
>>
>>52522743
But perpetuals and Cabal is worst thing that happened to HH.
>>
>>52520370
I'm Dan Abnett, and you are forgetting how all the Cabal will have a change of heart and give all of their powers to Olly, giving him the strength to weaken Horus.
In fact, Olly won't even be there. A cabal super team will be there instead. Golding already signed off. It's basically canon now.
>>
Is it wrong to like Guilliman?
>>
>>52522736
>it's fine if it's broken and you only bring one

I run Day of Revelation.

And I bring a single blade of perdition
>>
>>52522792
>implying that Emperor is not founder of Cabal
>also chaos haven't won heresy, new PLOT TWIST Terra have fallen and chaos won(all 40k is now non cannon)
>>
>>52522862
HH4+ were a mistake.
>>
>>52522862
What's your list?
>>
>>52522809
No, Guilliman is based. It's only contrarian faggots who dislike him because Ward sucked his dick.
>>
>>52522901
You aren't wrong. Can't wait for HH8
>>
>>52519728
Anon where did you get that I beam bit on the base there?
>>
File: news_161.pdf (172KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
news_161.pdf
172KB, 1x1px
So according to this the Caestus Assault Ram is 235 point, however on battlescribe its listed as being 305 points. Am I missing something? Is this a different version of the Ram?
>>
>>52522914
HQ----

Damocles Command Rhino with Dozer Blades

Legion Praetor with Blade of Perdition, Jump Pack, Iron Halo, and Digital Lasers

Moritat with double inferno pistols, refractor field, and a jump pack.

TROOPS----

2x Tac squads in rhinos

2x Max assault squads. 4 inferno pistols, sergeant has power axe, artificer armor, and an inferno pistol

ELITE---

2x Contemptor Dreads with a chainfist and 2 under-mounted assault cannons

FAST ATTACK---

2x Legion Attack Bike Squads with assault cannons

HEAVY SUPPORT---

Legion Fire raptor gunship with hellstrike missiles and reaper autocannon battery

2500 POINTS
>>
>>52523164
Experimental outdated rules. Check the latest Legiones Astartes - Age of Darkness Army List for the correct 305 pts.
>>
>>52523209
Oh btw, there are 3 bikes in each of those squads.
>>
>>52523233
Ah thank you friend
>>
>>52521085
Exactly. It was a pain glove of sorts.
>>
>>52522901
HH4 was the best! I love that campaign system, and no one's salty about Solar Auxilia.
>>
>>52521839
We need more comics like this. An armour autism one, or one about scanbegging.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.