[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1421: Doctor MAGMA KRAKEN Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 60

File: Jumpchain CYOA.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>52490539
>>
File: Dishonored 2.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dishonored 2.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
Posting for myrmidont.
>>
Where can I get a treehouse that follows me or a nice crystal tower that follow me around? Or a high place to live in?
>>
>>52503790
Tower seed from Ar Tonelico and the new MCU part two
>>
>>52503790
Adventure Time gets you a seed for a Tree Fort. Like one as big as what Finn & Jake live in.
>>
>>52503790
>a treehouse that follows me
Tree Fort Seed, from Adventure Time

Hollow In Ga'Hoole (though it's owl-sized), from Guardians of Ga'Hoole

>a nice crystal tower that follow me around
The Crystal Palace, from Exalted: Infernals

>Or a high place to live in?
Armored Sky Fortress, from Mushoku Tensei.

It's a flying island with a large, lavish castle.
>>
>>52503785
I would suggest adding replenishing ammo supplies, the bullets in this world are quite different from normal ones and it would be nice to have a reliable stock of the various ammo types for both the gun and crossbow available.

Also having the equipment retain upgrades would be really good if they don't start out fully upgraded.

A perk that lets us grant other people Outsider Marks would also be amazing.
>>
>>52503790
I believe both living accommodations (or at least the crystal castle) are available from the horsefucker jump.
>>
>>52503790
There's the Deku Treehouse in LoZ: Wind Waker
>>
File: Mokou Souls.jpg (721KB, 867x1227px) Image search: [Google]
Mokou Souls.jpg
721KB, 867x1227px
what is there to do in the dark souls 3 jump?
>>
>>52503898
I have to ask what is the official name of that jump.
>>
How would one go about getting the magic to do what's described in the post below?
>>52490713
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>52503934
Troll various powerful beings. Mess with the Cycle. Waifus or Husbandos. Indulge your pyromania with pyromancies, or pick up some woofs.
>>
>>52503934
Usurp the Flame. Eat the Dark Soul. You know you want to.
>>
>>52503939
Hero BBS
>>
>>52503934
The firekeeper.
>>
>>52503987
>Usurp the Flame. Eat the Dark Soul.
What does that do? How do you do it?
>>
>>52503939
Mind control and precog will usually do it.
Or Fiendish Doctor You from Black Dynamite combined with Crimson Saint and a way to increase the range to planetary.
>>
What non euclidean building perks do we have?
>>
>>52503939
Heylin Magic could do it. A decade or so of training lets you lock an orbital body in place, and if you train long enough (probably several thousand years), you could reach Wuya's level AKA planetary scale reality warping. Turning every flat chest busty would be simple.
>>
>>52503936
It uses the abbreviation instead of the full name. You'll find it in the Banned folder under Banned & Lewd. The only thing there, interestingly enough.
>>
>>52504045
Malfean Architecture from Exalted: Infernals.
>>
File: Doctor - Ten Smiles.gif (500KB, 450x259px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor - Ten Smiles.gif
500KB, 450x259px
>>52502670
I need a Hero! /cue music
>opinion on writefagging pic-related
>>
>>52503991
Hero BBS?
>>52504024
>a way to increase the range to planetary.
Perks required for this?
>>
>>52504105
Hero BBS lets you design a magic system, just make a system that fits you.
>>
>>52504003
Touch the darkness within her.
>>
>>52503785
Still reading my way through it, but I have to say I absolutely love the flavor text here. That's the Outsider alright.
>>
>>52504045
There's one in Creepypasta?
>>
Am I the only one who is sad Assassins creed doesn't let you stay for more then 10 years? I wanted to be the guardian of the assassins and awakening Aura in them all to give them a boost.
>>
>>52504072
Or you could just companion Wuya. She'd probably do it if you asked her.
>>
>>52504147
Then house rule it or make your own Assassins Creed jump.
>>
>>52504150
Why not both?
>>
>>52504072
>probably several thousand years
Eh, why do you say that? A few hundred seems closer, if even.
>>
>>52503939
DC Occult has some stuff for that.
>>
>>52504142
>>52504097
Ok adding to my list. Huh I wonder if I could use devil tiger to make similar charms...
>>
>>52504147
Isn't there a drawback to let you timeskip now?
Just do it carefully and you should be able to stick around for way longer relative to other people.
>>
>>52504172
Well, we actually have a canonical example of someone who's trained for at least several centuries in Chase Young. Not only that, but he was already trained as a Xiaolin Monk, and was considered a prodigy, plus he was mutated by Hannibal Roy Bean's magic soup, and yet he's nowhere near Wuya's level of power. I suppose if you had a bunch of enhanced learning perks it might go faster, but it would still take a lot of time.
>>
>>52504204
Do you already have more of them on that list? I'd be interested in those too.
>>
>>52504005
The first... dunno. It makes you Lord of Hollows, mildly unfucks the world by finally letting the Age of Fire end and the Age of Dark begin, and if you start building an universe in your soul (which seems to be all the rage nowadays) anything in there will probably benefit from Dark Souls metaphysics. You need to have enough Dark Sigils that Linking the Flame (which is absorbing it and letting it burn your soul as fuel to keep the Age of Fire going) just causes it to sort of stew in you impotently. There's a perk for that in DS3, and you can have Yoel awaken your hidden potential or have a weird marriage-murder ritual to take the Hollowness from another Unkindled to get some more.

No hard info about the Dark Soul, but you should feed off the Humanity of other humans anyway.
>>
>>52504241
>anything in there will probably benefit from Dark Souls metaphysics.
That actually sounds like a pretty terrible thing, to be honest.
>>
>>52504218
Except Chase Young focused most of his training in areas other than Heylin Magic - he was more of a warrior than a mage, and he held pride in that fact. Wuya probably gained most of her power in life (which was when she was seen as a threat enough for the first Xiaolin Showdown), and we know most of her "life" was spent as a ghost, so 1500 years is a somewhat high estimate when you consider that she couldn't use magic in that form and was thus relegated to theoretical work at best. And her resurrection isn't treated as if she'd been powering up for all that time as much as it's treated as her regaining her former power. It's heavily implied that she spent much, much longer as a ghost than a flesh and blood person, too. Maybe a couple hundred years at most.
>>
>>52504323
Eeeeeh.

So long as your soul isn't a scrub and breaks from running one itty bitty universal cycle I bet it'll be fine.
>>
File: JC13.jpg (7KB, 187x400px) Image search: [Google]
JC13.jpg
7KB, 187x400px
>>52503934
Watch everything you thought mattered in dark souls 1 and dark souls 2 go to complete shit. No seriously, that's the entire premise of the game.

>>52504005
>Usurp the Flame

As an Unkindled, you do this by acquiring the Darksign from a Londor pilgrim, and then strengthening it by murdering other Hollows and absorbing their Humanity to empower your own Darkwraith-style; this is something everything vaguely humanoid in DS can just sort of do naturally by touching or standing near something that's been slain.

You then ritualistically murder worst girl ANOTHER Unkindled with an abnormally strong Darksign, and absorb HER Humanity. She may or may not have murdered for it. It would be extremely out of character for her to, but at this point an ancient conspiracy founded by Kaathe is manipulating both of you.

Finally, after you kill all the Lords of Cinder and return their ashes to the Firekeeper, she bestows them on you. The world then transforms into an even more wrecked wasteland, implied by the Ringed City DLC to be because the loss of their strong souls accelerated entropy. Light is time, and you just absorbed the greatest sources of it. You must then defeat the Soul of Cinder at the Kiln of the First Flame, and ignite yourself with said flame. It will probably hurt, or at least make you faint.

You wake up to a world with a sun indistinguishable from a darksign, thus implicitly burning with the fires of Humanity. Hollows kneel to you. You are expected to make Londor great whole again.

Exactly what it does has not been unambiguously explained. But the Profaned Flame's nature implies you probably ended the cycle of fire and darkness at the cost of creating a world where humans can do whatever they want. And the immortal Patches seems to be Miyzaki's mouthpiece for saying humans are naturally greedy, fickle bastards

In SMT Chaos terms, you created a paradise.
>>
>>52504204
A jump Perk, not a charm. Though you might be able to wing it as one, too?
>>
>>52504351
Well it's the nature of all things and especially Flames to wind down and die in Dark Souls, regardless of the Cycle.

Except for the Profaned Flame, apparently. So it'd probably be a good idea to see about shoving that in there, too.
>>
>>52504236
So far
demons of astlan non euclidean building
Exalted infernals Malfean building
Generic creepypasta noneuclidean mind
>>
>>52504368
>worst girl
what makes you say that?
>>
File: Wuya.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wuya.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>52504150
Wuya is a top-tier waifu anyway.

>>52504147
I still kinda want it to be split into separate jumps for each era.

>>52504207
You still only have 10 years, you can just pop out of one era and appear in the next during your 10 years total, and you can't go backwards.
>>
Jumpers, if you have a soundtrack, what style of music is it? Does it have a set style that you favor, does it just match up with whatever setting it's from, or is it more of a mixtape type of thing?
>>
>>52504343
Not true, actually. While Chase did take pride as being a warrior, he used Heylin Magic quite a lot, and in fact used it almost exclusively in his take over of the world in the Season 2 finale/Season 3 premier. He only really looked down upon the Shen Gong Wu because he felt that relying on such tools instead of using your own power was pathetic. Not only that, but we actually have no idea how long Wuya was around before she was turned into a ghost. And the 1500 years where she was a ghost had her imprisoned in the puzzle box, unable to do anything at all. Not only could she not use magic, she couldn't even train it. In the episode where Omi travels back in time to prevent Chase Young's fall, we see Wuya commanding the same golems she did when she was at full power in the Season 2 premier, implying she had her power even back then. We also see that Chase's fall was before she was sealed away, meaning that he had 1500 years to train.
>>
>>52504323
Dark Souls metaphysics isn't half bad. Just make sure to balance your souls, keep roughly equal levels of light, dark, life, and death. Otherwise you might accidentally demons, abyss, or skeleton wheels. Still not sure what the hell happens if you overdo Gwyn's light soul.
>>
>>52504449
Mixtape easily. Got some SoL music in there, some 'humor' music like you might hear in a VN, music for mad science, full on Justice Mode music, and of course Music for when I just get pissed the fuck off.
>>
>>52504449
Mixtape. Usually fitting to the situation, but sometimes it plays something hilariously mismatched for comedic effect.
>>
File: JC9.jpg (33KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
JC9.jpg
33KB, 900x508px
>>52504005
>Eat the Dark Soul

This is much simpler. You just have to cross unimagineable distances possibly due to the city-wide time-space stasis field maintained by a sleeping Lord to find the Pygmey Lords, who share the Dark Soul of Man. And, well, eat them.

Or if you defeated Manus in Dark Souls 1-congratulations, you potentially have what Gael lost his sanity and hope for!

As for what it does, that depends on how buff you are. Gael knows at the end of the day he's a pissant scrub with a shitton of determination. By the time you meet him the curse is visibly eating a gory whole in his chest. Presumably someone more powerful like the Chosen Undead of the first two games would be able to control it better.

The SIMPLEST things it does is simply make you bigger, stronger, buffer-and able to fling around dark energy attacks. You may even mutate to the point your armor and clothing fuses with you. More powerful versions of the hexes in DS2, basically. Well, Gael flings around pinkish flames that behave like hexes but this is implied to have something to do with his frailty and his status as an unkindled considering Elfriede can fling around black flames

The more /interesting/ effects seem to be in the current time period, the fact that the Dark Soul's bearer accelerates the entire world slipping into darkness. Right after Gael bleeds and starts drawing on it much more, the sky darkens and storms whip up

Dark is a force that absorbs and corrupts other energies with unpredictable effects. It's a metaphysical constant that paradoxically fuels the flames that rebirth the world by eroding matter and energy, and can apparently even corrupt archdragons into frenzied, instinct-driven beasts. Things mutated by it start to resemble primordial beings, like dragons or trees.

You would now be the host of one of the biggest concentrations of it in the series.
>>
Cabin in the Woods ancient ones, a ragna blade or dozen should kill them yes? If not, then perhaps a giga slave a piece?
>>
File: jc25.png (49KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
jc25.png
49KB, 1280x800px
>>52504414
She's just kind of by-the-numbers and exists solely to drive the plot forward. Well, two plots. At least the other girls had something interesting going on.

>>52504449
A mix of electronica, rock and operatic classical. Something like if Akira Yamaoka and whoever did the Yakuza 0 soundtrack did a collab.
>>
>>52504549
So is Dark confirmed bad as of the last DLC then or is that stuff more corrupted and like the Abyss? Haven't actually played the DLC yet.
>>
>>52504559
No idea, anon. They're a plot device, not something with concrete capabilities. Our only glimpse of them is the very last scene of the movie where one of them reaches its hand out from the earth as it begins the process of freeing itself. We know the people in charge of the facility believe they can destroy the world, but that's it.
>>
So Jumpers, how do you Christmas?

https://youtu.be/bsQ61tuU7T8
>>
>>52503785
I'd like it if we could pay to get an upgraded version of the crossbow. I know it's not really all that major a thing, you could probably make better with the Natural Philosopher perks, but I really love some of the Masterwork weapons in the game.
>>
Question about power level. Where would you rank The Ovelord jump and Yusha Gojo Kumiai Koryugata Keijiban jump?
>>
>>52504611
I just figure, if they are corporeal(which they clearly are) then they are likely vulnerable to being unmade by the Lord of Nightmares.
>>
>>52504690
The latter above the former.
>>
File: nice why would nice happen.jpg (27KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
nice why would nice happen.jpg
27KB, 500x566px
>>52503934
Take it late enough in your chain that you can toss the world's metaphysics into the cosmic Recycle Bin and replace it with something decent?
>>
>>52504690
At about three fiddy.
>>
>>52504701
Maybe. Maybe they've got some form of protection against that. We have no idea. Make whatever assumption you think makes for an interesting story.
>>
>>52504045
Overcharging heylin magic via overlord can probably do it.
>>
what are the best servant companions? Ones that have built in loyalty and stuff
>>
>>52504045
Any building perk, plenty of mundane architecture is non-Euclidean.
>>
>>52504731
I dont need to fight them really, I dont even know what I would choose to do with the points if I took their drawback. That said, I do like putting worlds back better than I found them.
>>
>>52504787
Overlord has a MMO NPC that's completely loyal and can be pretty OP in it's setting.
>>
>>52504549
eating the pygmies isn't any different than eating the humans because they're the same race.

>>52504600
The DLC paints Gwyn as a monster. Pygmies are humans, with all kinds of extra powers and complete immortality that will just grow as the Dark grows. They live peacefully and happily in a great kingdom in the darkest places until Gwyn found them, and asked for their help in fighting the dragons. They did help, forging weapons and using hexes to fell the dragons. But Gwyn saw how their powers were derived form Dark, and how they grew stronger and stronger and he was afraid that they'd usurp him and the gods. So he presented them with a 'gift' for their service, presenting it as giving them a godly (pretty) appearance and holy powers. What it actually did is inscribe them with the Dark Sign, which is just a seal that binds their powers and makes them mortal, so they'll be the slaves of the gods. He even forced them to worship him and his kin as gods, and tore the pygmies out of the darkness and forced them to live in the light, and taught them that the Dark is evil and that they should preserve the Flame.

He is a complete fucking jackass, he did all this to his allies because he was afraid they might eclipse the gods someday.
>>
Apparently I never posted my latest build and writing, despite already having moved on. Posting now for anyone who cares.

Jump 24: Steven Universe

Drawback: They're Coming (+300, 1300)

Identity: Drop-In (Free)

Perks:
+ He Was Incredible! (Free)
+ Now Your Voice Is Crystal-Clear! (Free)
+ Gem Science and You (600, 700)

Raven: I'm surprised you didn't go Gem.
Yorokonde: There's a lot of downsides to being a Gem, despite the powers that come with it. Besides, depending on what I picked it could come with tens of thousands of years of memories.
Marceline: Can I be a Half-Gem?
Y: Absolutely.

Companions: (300 + 200 to gift extra CP, 200)
= Raven: Drop-in - Van, Crystal Voice, HwI!, Confounded Warps How Do They Work?, Gem Destabilizer, Fridge Full of Cookie Cats, Wacky Sack Novelty Backpack (Grilled Cheese)

= Frisk: Drop-in - Van, Crystal Voice, HwI!, Monster Buddies!

= Marceline: Half-Gem (Onyx, Quartz, Crystal Gem) - Crystal Voice, Hybrid Physiology, Bubbler Technique, Gem Weapon (Axe Guitar with Sonic Projection), Peace and Love on the Planet Earth, Emotional Flux (Trust), Gemstone Lore (Shield Projection)

Story Time!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qRxqF-bUTrYYlxK_LQ_BEXdV53MAcOZCX18hCE6r7sg/edit?usp=sharing

[1/2]
>>
>>52504701
Things don't have to be corporeal to be affected by the Ragna Blade or Giga Slave. Seriously in it's first use Lina actually uses the Ragna Blade against someone who is incorporeal.
>>
>>52504822
Oh also Gwyn has another daughter he didn't care about. He sacrificed her life and erased her from history and used her as a seal on the ringed city and the pygmy lords.

Basically, the only difference between pygmies and humans is that humans were born bound by the Dark Sign, and so have no immortality or powers, whereas the pygmies were sealed while adults, and so still have immortality and their powers are only vastly reduced. He didn't want humans to learn what he did to them. If the Dark Sign is broken, then humans will be pygmies again.
>>
>>52504822
So is their natural appearance corpselike or is that a side effect of the Darksign?

Oh well. After all this time it was ambiguous whether Gwyn was actually trying to save the world by linking the Flame or if he was just a bastard with dumbass kids.

Guess Vendrick and Aldia were right after all.
>>
>>52504867
Oh, I know that, but corporeal makes for a lot easier targeting(as does being frakking huge).
>>
>>52504883
How do you break the Dark Sign?
>>
>>52504893
The pygmies we see are corpselike. I'm not 100% if that's from the Dark Sign as everyone is bound by it, because we never see a non-bound pygmy. They're not hollows though, hollowing is more a product of the Dark Sign and its decay.

>>52504911
With the Age of Dark, the Dark Sign, which is powered by the Flame, will die and no longer exist. Humans will thus be Pygmies again.
>>
>>52504866
Highlight Reel!

>My Companions and I set ourselves up in Beach City as world wandering scientists bent on studying and reverse engineering the various Gem Technologies.
>Steven and the Crystal Gems initially mistake The Four Amigos and The Wolf Pack as Gem Monsters and break into our house to take care of the "infestation".
>Breakfast solves a lot of problems.
>Rip Van Winkle demands a Gem-powered Kamen Rider device in the shape of a long glove. I make two. Shenanigans ensue as I am literally throwing both science and magic at the wall to see what sticks.
>Mainly let the story run its course, but interfere in a number of episodes just by being there.
>Interfere in a bunch of episodes because I'm NOT letting Pearl teach suicide battle tactics to a teenager instead of teaching her how to work together.
>Interfere in a bunch more episodes because fuck letting Lapis battle Jasper alone at the bottom of the ocean.
>Have a startlingly large number of introspective moments where I discover bits to my personality I wasn't entirely willing to confront.
>Everybody sings a WHOLE LOT and I love it because now I don't sound like a beached whale.
>End up Companioning Lapis Lazuli for a number of reasons
>Probably a ton of interesting stuff I forgot to mention.

Also, I apologize for apparently writing 34 pages of bad Steven Universe fan fiction.

Next Time on Restarted Chain!
So, would you kindly...?
>>
File: JC12.gif (378KB, 250x373px) Image search: [Google]
JC12.gif
378KB, 250x373px
>>52504323
Eeeeeeh.

+Everything humanoid and equipped with free will is likely to have immortality contingent on determination
+Everything humanoid and

>>52504600
"Bad" is an...oversimplification. It's a necessary part of the world, and even the Usurpation is a victory for it in a sense.

Much more so for anything non-human. Even for humans, it's basically their element but it still kind of sucks more than living in an age of fire.

See, humans aren't the only things living in there. Apart from the Children of the Dark, there's a race of locusts supposed to lure people back-but really, really want to just eat everything. The giant flies in Ariandel are also implied to be a kind of Dark-based lifeform considering insects with mushrooms growing out of their backs and smaller locust-things are swarming on the plains of the Dreg Heap (the literal end of the world) and the caverns below the Ringed City

Things born of the Dark aren't FUNDAMENTALLY evil, just hungry, envious and...difficult to coexist with things not also affiliated with the Dark because it's a fundamentally corrosive, entropic force. But at the same time, it's symbiotic to the propagation of flame. DS2 has Alsanna protecting the world from the Profaned Flame, and the Ringed City has knights who fought dragons alongside Gwyn with weapons forged in the abyss, but were branded with a seal of fire because he was afraid of the Dark spreading from them to end his age.

So it's necessary and even beneficial in limited degrees, but succumbing fully to it reduces you to an animalistic horror. The shambling smoke-headed skeletons that launch "Deep" sprites are human dregs (spine pieces) given physical form. Sinking into the Abyss caused the Harald Legion to become fat cocoons of roots controlled by a black Humanity sprite
>>
>>52504947
But then why does the sun seem to turn into a Dark Sign in the Age of Hollows?
>>
>>52504972
Even in your post your bias is plain, because you refuse to accept the corruption of the Abyss and of the Dark Sign as unnatural, ignoring the lore about how the pygmies lived before Gwyn.

>>52504999
muh symbolism

Also we never do see a complete age of dark except in the ending where you work with the firekeeper, everything else is letting it live in some form.
>>
File: JC7.gif (159KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
JC7.gif
159KB, 500x400px
>>52504323
>ran out of space trying to list pros and cons

+Everything humanoid and equipped with free will is likely to have immortality contingent on determination
+Anything that develops an affinity to light can also control time to a degree
+Anything that develops an affinity to dark can mutate to become more powerful and dampen other out of control elements
+/- Everything is souls.
+/- Anyone you know might be someone else's reincarnation
+/- The ideal way to stay immortal and sane throughout the cycles appears to be being a sociopath with no ambition aka Unbreakable Patches
-If a flame goes out of control because of a stronk fuel it's likely to ruin everything for everyone
-Things fall apart, the center cannot hold
-These conditions naturally predispose everyone to be jerks

>>52505019
I could say the same for you, ignoring the very existence of the Primordial Serpents and the Locusts themselves doesn't exactly paint the Dark as a good place to live in. I'm not saying Gwyn isn't essentially a thrallherd, but an age of dark isn't even all good for humans/hollows/pygmies
>>
>>52505069
The Locusts are Abyssal corruption and the Serpents are cunts no matter whose side they're on. Remember that there are Serpents working to preserve the Flame too. They're evil manipulative cunts who are playing EVERYONE, not just the 'Undead', not just the Gods.
>>
Whether a Dark Dick or a Fire Fucker, remember, the Primordial Serpents are your enemy. Everyone can agree on this.

They're honestly probably mutant dragons who are butthurt about the Dark and the Flame both.
>>
File: JC8.gif (1017KB, 500x728px) Image search: [Google]
JC8.gif
1017KB, 500x728px
>>52504999
One possible explaination for this ties into the Profaned Flame. See, it turns out a number of Alsanna's relative were the cause of it. Coal lifted from the general area has a Darkish taint upon it It's what happens when a flame gets corrupted by darkness-it becomes perpetual, and burns up Humanity for fuel.

It's basically symbolism for human/pymy dominance over the world. In Friede's pyromancy it's explained the motif of black fire edged with white is humanity's. Since you do allow the flame to contact you in that ending, it could be by immersing it in the immense Humanity you're carrying at that point you turn all the fire-or at least, the greatest quantity that sustains the cycle, into Humanity-based fires to eliminate the cycle by deepening its' symbiosis

>>52505109
Granted, but that just goes to prove Dark DOES have great potential for corrosion and mutation. It's all well and good to talk about a theoretical ideal environment for humanity, but statistically things that inhabit/are associated with it strive to distort it; the natural force itself may not be malevolent, but those empowered by it are incentivised to be so. Patches helpfully spells it out for you: EVERY age has been defined by the greed of men, and he is the way he is because he enjoys taking advantage of it
>>
>>52504790
Explain.
>>
File: A Sun of my very own.jpg (92KB, 428x750px) Image search: [Google]
A Sun of my very own.jpg
92KB, 428x750px
We just need a new Fire, one unrelated to the First Flame.
>>
>>52505251
Short Version:Non-Euclidean does not, technically, mean what people think it means.
Longer Version:Common Use trumps Technicalities when it comes to language, but some people are too autistic to realize or accept this.
>>
File: jc2.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jc2.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>52505229
This is 100% true, though. Even dragons probably don't like them much considering the serpent-shaped Pus of Men spew right out of some of their descendents, and other objects associatd with them refer to their greed and hunger

>>52505258
That's essentially the point of the Usurpation, actually. You're altering the Flame to the point it no longer behaves as it used to.
>>
>>52504657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV2kQEHG0fM
>>
File: Planar Collapse.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Planar Collapse.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52505243
Is there any way to make it all better?
>>
>>52504449
It's usually some kind of orchestral rock that tends to fit whatever theme the jump has. Different instruments and all that, but it's usually orchestral rock.
>>
>>52505243
I look at the Abyss and the Deep the same way I do Chaos. Remember, Chaos is a profound and evil taint that produces monsters and abominations, yet is born of Flame. Another example could be seen in the Dark Sign, which is born of Flame, and how it warps the Pygmies. Hollows and Undead, with only a few of the positives and with tons of negatives pygmies don't have, are a product of this.

Both elements have the potential to be corrupted and drive people to insanity and mutation. It's just that the Abyss and Deep are emphasized by those that wish to preserve the Flame, and they have the advantage of Chaos dying out with the Flame and thus being at a weak point and of no one knowing what causes Undeath, and thus being able to cover for how their element can be twisted.
>>
>>52504690
The former is end-game MMORPG, the latter is end-game JRPG.

Overlord lets you buy greater initial power, however.
>>
>>52505251
"Non-Euclidean" doesn't mean what you think it does. It just refers to geometry that can't be made using Euclid's principles. Anything that has a hyperbola or elliptic or any other curved surface is non-Euclidean. Non-Euclidean geometry is everywhere, even in your own body. Especially in your own body, actually, your blood vessels are full of it.

>>52505280
It's a meaningful word that has actual significance to many fields of engineering. Arguments about how linguistic drift and the evolution of language trumps pedantry don't apply to science and technology, because having clear terms matters there.
>>
>>52505290
Shame that we're never getting an explanation for why some Hollows mutate into dragon-like forms. A Pygmy-Dragon connection isn't entirely ruled out, but if it exists it's not so direct as people assumed. It's a mystery we'll never solve.
>>
File: 1241065321374.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1241065321374.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>tfw you just want to give humanity a second chance and Usurp the First Flame anyway
>tfw you've got Chaos Flame within you and Dark Sigils, and will likely end up drinking Gael's blood to bolster both sides of yourself.
I have no idea if this is going to be good or bad, but at this point it's not like I could make things worse in that world by taking everyone's toys and leaving with it.
>>
>>52505251
The mathematical understanding of what is non-euclidean is much more expansive than what your layman perception of non-euclidean is, such that the subset is so expansive that there are many different paths to reach that desired non-euclidean architecture conclusion, even if the perks don't exclusively say non-euclidean within the wording.
>>
>>52505337
Except that there are terms with multiple meanings in many many languages, sometimes a word or term can have two contradictory meanings. Non-Euclidean isn't special in this regard, you know what they actually meant, that's all that matters.
>>
>>52505359
>it's not like I could make things worse in that world by taking everyone's toys and leaving with it.
You're essentially dooming the world to an end by taking things away. At least in the current timeline things are just looping in on themselves in a perpetual manner.
>>
>>52505359
hey red MCU part two questions
1.if I import an item as part of an armor , but that item can shape shift into different items is it stuck as one shape or can it still change form?

2. Warheads were mentioned with the military upgrade how powerful are they and do they replenish ? if so how often?
>>
>>52505395
She didn't do anything the protag can't.
>>
>>52505377
Like Inflammable!
>>
>>52505377
No, because "Euclid" is a proper noun. It's the name of the guy who discovered that type of geometry. This isn't a case of different meanings in different languages, there is only one thing referred to when we talk about "Euclidean geometry". Non-Euclidean means "those things that aren't in Euclid's math" and nothing else. If you want to change it, get someone else named Euclid to make something significant so that people will be thinking of him, then you can have multiple meanings of "Euclidean". Then your argument works.

>>52505413
It just means flammable, it comes from "inflame".
>>
>>52505395
And that's what it boils down to, isn't it.

Dark Souls Universe is fucked no matter what anyone does, there is nothing to help it other than reset the entire thing with a different set of metaphysics.
>>
>>52505359
Honestly, at this point I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to just build your own reality-stabilizing systems and leave all this shit with Flame alone.
>>
So basically this is all just a bunch of pedants wanting to be smart when they all knew what the original anon was asking anyway?

Guys, you're just looking like assholes.
>>
>>52505377
Well see that's the problem, because here they can be attempting to use non-euclidean to refer to "strange" architecture, architecture that would naturally feel off, which is generally what the architecture mentioned in Lovecraft Mythos does. Alternatively, they could be using it to refer to impossible architecture, like Escheresque architecture. The two of these aren't mutually exclusive, but at the same time they're distinct enough from one another that a difference needs to be defined.
>>
>>52505450
You're on the internet.

How do you not expect this behavior.
>>
>>52505450
Just where the fuck do you think you are?

This is asshole territory
>>
>>52505450
Yeah, all this conversation about Dark Sign and Chaos Flame and whatever sounds really dumb. Can we get back to actually interesting stuff like geometry?
>>
>>52505428
>It just means flammable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8mD2hsxrhQ
>>
Disregarding despair, asking question.

Anons. Importing Ruby, Emerald, Ultimate, and Diamond WEAPONs into Xam'd: Lost Memories as four soul-symbiote beasties. Y/N?
>>
File: 1489617403886.png (150KB, 459x462px) Image search: [Google]
1489617403886.png
150KB, 459x462px
>>52505395
See >>52505409 and >>52505433. This twisted game needs to be reset, and Usurping the Flame seems to do just that. Taking in the blood of Gael after he's gone bugshit is just another thing that needs to be done to ensure a hard reset. Let things play out from there.

>>52505441
It's No. 55 for me and I don't minmax. So no can do, broheim. Better to just do what I can do with what I have.
>>
>>52505489
First question. How?
Second question. Why?
>>
>>52505489
Which version of the WEAPONs? We have several on offer, I believe.
>>
>>52505479
Alternate title:
>Protagonist arrives to plot after Jumper
>>
>>52505433
>Dark Souls Universe is fucked no matter what anyone does
It's not as fucked as people make it out to be, it's just stagnant, because what's shown of the world is too widely spread out and despite the massive gaps in time, nothing fundamentally changes. There's a difference in this, because from an individual perspective the stagnation is only barely noticeable unless you're an anchor like certain NPCs are. It takes an omniscient outsider's perspective to really recognize that the time loop they're in is maintaining a perpetual stagnation cycle. They've essentially hit equilibrium a very long time ago, but the cycle continued to move even though technically it shouldn't.

And the thing on top of this is that those who live in this world are both accustomed to and revel in the stagnation. They recognize the repetition and some of them even embrace it. So from an outsider's perspective you might think that you're doing them a favor by destroying everything and remaking it, but all you end up doing is destroying the way of life that they've come to accept.
>>
What we need to do is shove this entropic mess somewhere else and start over. I suggest we shove it into Boletaria. I may or may not just want to see what happens if you do.
>>
Is it worth it being a wielder in Kingdom hearts? I mean the keyblade is pretty cool with how you can use your heart as a weapon but I am unsure.
>>
>>52505511
>First Question: How?

THIS:
>Pattern
>400cp | Northerner
>It seems this Humanform has developed a sort of environmental adaptation based on a type of animal. Pick a general category of animal (fish, canine, etc) to derive it from. A more… exotic type may be used if you have access to it.

>Second question. Why?

Because with my planetary thematics I figure why the fuck not, it'll look cool and also all four WEAPONs have badass abilities.

>>52505523
First three are from my run-in with the Bonus Bosses drawback in FF7, and my also being Plotbound via being on the train at the start.

Ultima Weapon I'm actually debating between FF6's, 8's, or 10's. They all have pretty cool stuff going for them, which do you think?
>>
>>52505507
I'm not sure why you think it'll hard reset when the Painter's Ending confirmed the loop continues. Whether or not you consider the implications of the Painter's Ending to be valid is up to you, but the fact that it exists alone confirms that the series doesn't change from Usurping the Flame. If anything this just comes across as you acting as God because you believe that your conclusion is better than no conclusion.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>52501969
210 Cabin in the Woods
United States
Monster(Blood sucking Fairy with Razor sharp wings and teeth)-200
Weaponized Appearance, Swarm(600 Tiny mes)-150, Siren,
Sugar Plum Candy -50, All the Weed You Can Smoke -50, Free Coffee and Donuts -50, Trinket(The Labyrinth book), RV and Motorcycle -200, Betting Pool -300,
Meddling Kids +0,
Apparently I am supposed to kill a bunch of kids to save the world from giant monsters. If I were in fact a local monster I might very well do that. However, I'm curious about these ancient ones and whether or not I can kill them. Rather than wait for tonight when the ritual starts, I'm going to go down to the seals and send a barrage of Ragna Blade Arrows down to strike these things. With clones and time stop I can do it to each of the seven simultaneously. If it doesn't work, we can escalate to Giga Slaves. Huh, it worked. I almost didn't expect it to. Weak ass locals. I suppose I should destroy the seals now that the ancients are dead so that these jerks cancel their ritual. This was a short trip. Least I got some nice stuff here.
Continue
1 Infamous
2 Greek Myth
3 Carnivores
4 Terraria
5 Full Metal Alchemist
6 Razzle Dazzle
7 Xena/Hercules The Legendary Journeys
8 Samurai Deeper Kyo
>>
So I asked last thread and didn't get a response so I'll try again. For Noblesse, what is the power level like? Is it survivable for a jumper early in their gain (if they have already taken overlord the series)?
>>
File: JC3.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
JC3.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>52505358
Ugh, don't remind me. Far as I can tell the closest Unified Theory of Draconicism boils down to "dark=primordial=trees+dragons" and therefore because humans/pygmies are dark-based they can channel the dark into doing weird things. Or developing dragon-Stands, apparently. Just don't ask me about how actually worshipping dragons ties into anything. For all I know it's a self-visualisation thing

>>52505322
You're essentially correct, although specifically the Abyss and Deep seem to be different mutations of the Dark. If we still assume Manus to be its' progenitor, the Abyss is the artificial overpopulation of darkness/humanity caused by torturing the bearer of the Dark Soul. The Deep, while not truly explained, seems to be the outcome of humans/pygmies rotting in the conditions of the end of an age of fire considering its' output is all very associated with humans gone wild

>>52505359
>>52505507
>let things play out from there

...when if things go poorly, it's going to be a LOT harder for the next poor bastard to re-reset everything. Just saying.

>>52505553
Well, a lot of people aren't really happy with the perpetual stagnation cycle but-you're otherwise not wrong.

Really, the least upsetting solution is probably just a good calendar, a better imigration policy and the Painted Worlds. Even though THEY also need flame and the Dark Soul to be renewed, they seem to operate on a different timeframe to the "main" universe" so theoretically you could just immigrant to and fro. Or maybe not, I never did figure out how the forlorn=drawn into the painting thing works

>>52505568
The issue is-the entropic mass is a necessary part of the DS universe's life cycle

>>52505450
I just answered the questions to the best of my knowledge, man.

>>52505489
Tentaive...Y? They're already kind of soul-symbiote beasties, it surely can't hurt. What's Xam'd and is it finished?
>>
>>52505523
I think only FF7 offers all of the WEAPONS, and those ones are generally the strongest of the WEAPONS all around.
>>
>>52505616
This place should be fun, Autolycus the king... of thieves is here.
>>
>>52505617
Noblesse is completely survivable as a powerless first jump if you stay away from the action. Get a part time job, spend your time flying under the radar.
>>
>>52505629
I really meant everything in dark souls metaphysics not just the dark. Also I kind of want to feed the lord souls to the old one and see what happens.
>>
About to do the Seven deadly sins jump. Is the infinity perk as op as it sounds? Can cast anything as if it was a permanency at no additional cost. And if i'm reading this correctly it means anything. Fireball will leave everlasting fires.
>>
>>52505617
Taking Realm of Heroes in Overlord would put you in the solid low-mid tiers of Noblesse. But even with Level 100, there are still some potential threats. The highest go to about continent-level, but you're not likely to face them unless you're actively looking for trouble.
>>
>>52505700
Yes, that is what it is.
>>
>>52505700
What've you done to warrant namefagging.
>>
>>52505769
Can you not be a shit about every tiny thing?
>>
>>52505629
>Even though THEY also need flame and the Dark Soul to be renewed, they seem to operate on a different timeframe to the "main" universe" so theoretically you could just immigrant to and fro. Or maybe not, I never did figure out how the forlorn=drawn into the painting thing works
Well the thing is the 3rd DLC kind of threw everything into the washing machine from a chronology perspective. If we take into consideration that the first Painting is creating a second world, but this current world is actually the Painting number zero, you have to end up asking how the same elements were transitioned from one world to another in order to repeat the cycle. Having an anchor like Patches throws things further into a loop, especially with some of the dialogue lines that he says which are unnecessarily cryptic before he decides to regain his former self. It also brings up certain questions regarding how many Painted Worlds can be tied in to one another, especially when we've seen previously that a Painted World can exist parallel to another one.

Once a Painted World is created it makes some sense that a new timeline is established, and transit between the two should mean that transferring the elements is plausible, but then what is actually supposed to happen at the time of conception when the Painting is complete? If we don't have an answer to this, the Painter's last line of naming the picture remains too vague to properly extrapolate from.
>>
>>52505769
We're already the absolute reject of 4chan.

What's one more namefag going to do.
>>
>>52505664
well would be kind of hard to make that interesting but thanks for the advice.
>>52505728
Alright, thanks that gives me some idea of what I am working with. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't God of High School where at some point after I stopped reading about it, people started tossing planets around and making Goku look like a joke.
>>
>>52505769
Why do you care?
>>
File: 1489976156336.png (2MB, 1920x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1489976156336.png
2MB, 1920x1089px
>>52505614
>>52505629
Well there's no right answer anyway and at No. 55 there's no "magically wave my perks to make everything better" option. So staying the course is going to be the most likely option.

It's hardly a "my conclusion is better than none" because the way this is coming about, there is absolutely nothing that can be done to change things in a meaningful way. Especially at such an early point in a chain. So why not follow a protag path? On top of that, buying dark sigils in DS3 means you don't have to axe Anri. Less dickery. Unless this is another situation where if you don't magically fix everything or do absolutely nothing, you're an asshole no matter what you do, in which case I guess I'm an asshole.
>>
>>52505769
>he doesn't know about noko
I mean he would be using it wrong, but once upon a time when you posted you would be directed back to the board's main page, rather than the thread you were on. Noko was to be put in the then email field(now options) to keep you on that thread, similar to putting sage in that field to prevent your post from bumping the thread.
>>
>>52505769
I'm pretty he's just a dumbo and put noko into the name field instead of the email field.
>>
>>52505769
>>52505700
Does no one remember Noko?
>>
>>52505629
And who can we blame for the Abyss? The Primordial Serpents. Kaathe, who is supposedly a human ally who wants to bring about the Age of Dark, urged men to awaken and torture the Furtive Pygmy until he created the Abyss in his madness.

In this, you can see how the Serpents, all of them, are EVERYONE'S enemy.
>>
>>52505834
Literally who?
>>
>>52505553
The thing about the cycle is that it's implied it's never progressed naturally. We're not given any indication that an Age of Dark has ever actually happened, that the Flame has been preserved throughout the series and that's why things have stagnated. We don't know how shitty the world would be if the cycle happened naturally. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>52505822
The protag path is the path of inaction, because the game railroads you into making choices between strict ends. It works fine from a game and writing perspective, it doesn't make it any more commendable.

Has no one ever bothered to just tweak the Painter's Ending? Or is everyone just working off of vague lore bits and hasn't considered the implications after going through all of the dialogue in the game?
>>
>>52505579
Yes, you get to be a mid-level shounen protag.
>>
>>52505857
Uh noko is a email field command. If you've been on 4chan for long enough you'll recognize it. Not a lot of people really need to use it if at all. It would be like if he namefagged as sage.
>>
>>52505614
>Painter's Ending
The painting cycle is a microcosm, but it's separate from the real world's cycle. It's only an imitation, and the painter only confirms that the painting's cycle will continue.
>>
Actually something I've been meaning to ask because of my plans in the jump, is there an answer on whether Pyromancy and Miracles would still work after the Flame is extinguished?
>>
>>52505857
A key site feature since forever ago.
The thing you use to not get ejected from a thread when you post.
It's automatic now of course, but there was a time when it wasn't.

You should read the site faq if you haven't. Just to see all the little things you may have missed in your time using 4chan.
>>
You can see the kind of cancer /jc/ has attracted from off-site just by looking at the noko exchange.
>>
>>52504447
>I still kinda want it to be split into separate jumps for each era.
Do it DO IT
>>
>>52505895
Pyromancy is powered by your soul/pyromancy flame. Miracles actually seem to be powered by your faith in the story they are based on. The only thing that would stop working is something that stopped working an incredibly long time ago, that being the fire sorcery.
>>
>>52505579
It depends entirely on how much value you place on having a Keyblade. I'm not familiar with the series, and the wikis seem a bit unclear on what a Keyblade can actually do, but I've heard them described in-thread as "the physical manifestation of your childhood belief that good will always triumph over evil."
>>
I'm not saying I'd do it, but does anyone else want a Shield Hero jump?
>>
>>52505909
Anon noko stopped being a thing a long ass time ago, back before jumpchain was a thing hell I'm pretty sure it was back before /soc/ was a thing. Just because they are newfags doesn't mean they came to jumpchain from somewhere else.
>>
>>52505956
Yes.
>>
>>52505895
It's very plausible. But something that could fix it is in the Paper mario jump, there's a drawback called Flower power which converts you energy pools, Ki mana etc etc, into 1 pool of Flower Points, but you get to keep this ability for 1 pool afterwards. So you could argue that you can use that pool for casting miracles and pyromancies.
>>
>>52505956
I don't care in the slightest.
>>
>>52505862
>The thing about the cycle is that it's implied it's never progressed naturally.
I'm not too sure about this, because of how the writers intentionally skewed the timeline from a worldbuilding perspective. Dark Souls as a franchise has always relied on a lack of information and reasonable doubt in order to build a foundation, and later have the opportunity to undermine that foundation.

The point of contention really is the question of what defines a cycle for this world, which is where the Time Loop interpretation sort of fits, whereas the Branching Paths interpretation just sort of ignores. At the end of the day the focus of the franchise lies in the Flame, not the Dark. So perhaps the definition of a cycle is simply the start of the Flame to the moment it dies off, with everything that happens afterwards being a "new" cycle of its own. With that cycle behind undefined, it's hard to say whether it's good or bad, so realistically it can be both or neither. But at that point it's hard to say that you're still within the context of the game anymore, because this franchise surrounds the Flame, to some extent it can be seen as a history of Flame, and not so much a history of Dark.
>>
File: JC1.jpg (24KB, 597x333px) Image search: [Google]
JC1.jpg
24KB, 597x333px
>>52505822
Actually, did you rescue the demons from below and in pain, or figure out how to re-fuse them back into the Demon Prince? Seems like someone you'd be interested in given the latter also carries the power to propagate the demon race, and curious what you'd do with him after the Usurpation
>>
>>52505956
Is that the one where everyone shits on the Shield guy while the other three Heroes are giant cunts, and it's about him earning his fame the hard way as the underdog?

'Cause I'd like that one.
>>
>>52505935
>stopped working an incredibly long time ago, that being the fire sorcery.
What? It stopped working? It thought its was merely that the required knowledge was lost?
>>
>>52505961
>Just because they are newfags doesn't mean they came to jumpchain from somewhere else.
...lolwut
>>
>>52505579
You could always just go Keyblade in Birth by Sleep and pick another path in the normal KH jump?
>>
>>52505994
No, for one thing Quelana was one of the people that would know the fire sorceries, and she instead had to use pyromancy. I'm pretty sure the fire sorceries went out well before the Witch of Izalith accidentally demons.
>>52506004
I meant as in another site as opposed to somewhere else on 4chins.
>>
>>52506022
BBS is a dead WIP, anon. We haven't seen THA working on it in forever.
>>
>>52504690
So in Overlord you can gain a ridiculous amount of power right away by choosing Level 100, at that point you literally are so strong that only the other OP scrubs in Nazarick can oppose you. This grants a whole lot of hacks but it also caps you as you can't get any stronger after that, there's no level 101 or greater (unless you took the cheat option and got a Hetermorphic race in which case you technically are level 140.) You basically are a god by the world's standards.

In contrast Yusha Gojo Kumiai Koryugata Keijiban starts you off as much weaker at their Level 5. However the top tier in setting Level 9 and 10 are ridiculously OP. The Magicians learn a huge amount of magic systems giving them ridiculous versatility while the one warrior mentioned is said to casually kill gods.

The Level 10s in Yusha Gojo Kumiai Koryugata Keijiban beat out the Level 100s in Nazarick due to their sheer versatility(The magic casters in Overlord have one magic system while the magic caster in Yusha Gojo Kumiai Koryugata Keijiban have potentially hundreds). However you can start out right away as Level 100 while you have to spend millenia training to reach the similar scale of power as the Level 10s thus making Overlord the jump where it is easier to gain power.

As for their power level in relation to everything else I would rate both as pretty high.
>>
File: 1487117288266.jpg (37KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1487117288266.jpg
37KB, 500x385px
>>52505988
If anything I likely consumed their soul/flames. I make no compunctions about the dickery of demons in Dark Souls, and the first jump saw Lost Izalith being cleared out of demons/Bed of Chaos' soul being nommed.
>>
>>52505869
Doing anything to the painter will just potentially change how the painted world functions.

btw I want her as a companion in the Ringed City update.
>>
>>52506046
So... what you're saying is you're no better than half the Jumpers you decry and slander.

Wonderful. This is the trash we put up with.
>>
>>52506030
>I'm pretty sure the fire sorceries went out well before the Witch of Izalith accidentally demons.
Uh, didn't she accidentally demons /because/ she tried to use flame sorcery to restore the First Flame?
>>
>>52506053
The Painter doesn't necessarily have to draw the same painting, yet she does anyways. You could just get her to draw a Cow Level or something.
>>
>>52506059
You'll have to show where the slander is anon.
Because I haven't seen any.
>>
>>52506046
I'd personally try to free my people, but I respect your choice to eat the motherfuckers.
>>
>>52506059
I'm honestly surprised you've never played Dark Souls, shitposter.

Do you DO anything else at all? You're a void of knowledge almost. I have to wonder how you came here.
>>
File: sloth yawn.gif (3MB, 390x215px) Image search: [Google]
sloth yawn.gif
3MB, 390x215px
>>52506059
>>
>>52506037
The jump is still completely serviceable. If it's never going to change anyways then there's risk of having to change the build later on, I don't see any harm in using it.
>>
>>52506091
...A lot of people in the world haven't played Dark Souls anon. Not everyone has the time, money, or interest to do it. If you're talking to a guy who has made Red into his life, do you really think he'll waste time on a video game when he can be busy with her?
>>
>Looking at Yu-Gi-Oh jump
>Remember that anime characters love their "require lots of resources to summon but are very powerful" boss monsters
>Buy a Kaiju deck, which are infamous for their cheap and easy monster removal, and the drawback that makes people hate dueling you
>Ban all Kaijus
Is this a decent idea?
>>
>>52506089
Honestly, she's justified since we never see a single demon do anything but be an asshole. It'd be different if we'd seen a nice one, like we've seen friendly members of every other race, but NOPE.

And no, Quelaan and Quelaag don't count, they're effectively 'half demons' who partially escaped the corruption.
>>
>>52505985
That relies on personal interpretation, which is a bit outside of scope.

>>52506076
No, she personally fiddled with her Lord Soul to restart the First Flame BECAUSE the sorcery stopped working. We aren't told what methods she used.
>>
>>52506046
So, what all jumps are you willing to eat souls in? Because I recall you usually having a policy against that kind of thing. I mean I understand in Dark souls due to their somewhat transitive nature. But even in say Demon Souls it isn't quite the same.
>>52506076
I'm only pretty sure of it, but I think the Witch and her children worked to restore the first flame and create pyromancy using I assume similar principles to the fire sorceries. Also I do recall that she what she did was try to use her lord soul as a replacement for the first flame. Though using her the chaos/life soul to produce flame is kind of what all pyromancy is, as all pyromancers have to get a flame from another pyromancer and it originates with the chaos/life soul. So even if sue used the same concept as the fire sorceries with her own soul in place of the first flame it would still not exactly be the fire sorceries and would instead be more like pyromancy.
>>
>>52506079
Well, it's not the same, Priscilla's arena is somewhere completely different. I get the vibe she draws a similar world because she just likes cold, dark, comforting places. She seems rather focused on that.

Anyway, Nubs pls.
>>
>>52506126
what
>>
>>52506168
Honestly if the passage of time is the same in Painted Worlds versus "base" worlds there's no reason that it can't be the same world, just that things have fallen to ruin and something new has sprung up in its place. It's the sort of thing that can't be properly marked down unless Fromsoft decides to release worldbuilding notes.
>>
>>52506195
They were already kinda ruined in Dark Souls 1's day. If we assume the Painted World cycles faster than the real world, if it's the same painting then it's been in its own Age of Whatever for almost as long as the real one, while in a faster timeframe. That shit would be far more bonkers than it is judging by what's going on at the center of the real world. It wouldn't just be worms and maggots.
>>
File: 1482798744752.jpg (67KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1482798744752.jpg
67KB, 800x587px
>>52506089
Well it's... okay just kind of hear me out here.

I like to say that not all demons are assholes. We've seen examples of this in more than a few series like YYH and SMT. This is true, and any time I find demons who aren't vicious dicks towards others I will befriend them in a heartbeat. Like with befriending Priere in Disgaea instead of axing her, because that's a dick move. But Dark Souls is not one of those series. Much like DOOM 2016 and Demon's Souls and Ghost Rider, it seems like the majority of demons are absolutely, 100% dedicated to being a complete asshole towards anything that's not them. When you're in a situation like that, trying to keep that talk up is just being the demonic variant of an SJW, when they need a Blade or Spawn instead. So >>52506128 is more or less right, in that it's an action only taken when the group just has no indicators of ANYONE not being an asshole. Sure, Quelaan and Quelaag were spared. But that's because one's helpless and blind while the other's just trying to save her sister, which is more than what most demons can say.

Maybe with the flames the Demon Prince has, a new demonic race can flourish that's not vicious dicks. But in the meantime, ignoring their dickery is just stupidity on my part.

>>52506159
Outside of Dark Souls? I think the only examples would be the First Circle demons (since as they were explained to me, they're pretty much nothing BUT souls and meant to be used) and absurdly rare exceptions. It's pretty much why I grabbed Powerful Soul from Anima as soon as I could, so that way I just used myself as resources. But other than that, there would be some very rare exceptions like I said. Demon's Souls was likely another place, because fucking hell is that place bleak.
>>
If I use shaman powers you can get from king Arthur can I unfuck the bed of chaos from existance?
>>
>>52506037
>We haven't seen THA working on it in forever
TopHatAlthalus, you still around?
>>
>>52505700
>Is the infinity perk as op as it sounds?
Apparently even in the setting, other Super Power Lottery winners hear about her special ability and give a whimper at the unfairness of the world.
>>
>>52506224
>If we assume the Painted World cycles faster than the real world
This is a very dangerous assumption to make though, because temporal dilation leads to a lot of supplementary problems from a worldbuilding perspective. This is a bit more significant in a world that some would consider as a "subset" of the main world, even if that in itself is generally just an interpretation without much concrete evidence.

To properly make assumptions regarding the flow of time from one world in relation to another generally you need to consider both the degree of dilation as well as the architecture of time, whether it is linear, cyclic, altogether abnormal, and so forth. But without a proper understanding of how that time flows, if we just assume that one stream moves quicker than the other, then it raises problems regarding the creation of the realm, as well as the inherent physics within the realm. Questions such as how conservation laws are maintained (especially if transit between two realms is plausible), where the point of heat death should fall, and how much energy existed within the system to begin with (so to project a lifespan of the realm). It's a bit of a headache when you start to delve deeper into the implications behind different timelines.

I don't think that it's a necessary assumption to make either, because the time frame between Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 3 isn't explicitly defined, and the relevance of time within Dark Souls 3 isn't quite as clear cut. It doesn't take much more than several centuries at best for a landscape to be reclaimed, especially under inhospitable circumstances.
>>
>>52506234
Considering it is spiritual corruption and the perk doesn't mention anything of the sort, I don't think you could. A better bet would likely be The Cure from Supernatural and possibly Real Eater from Medaka Box, as The cure only says to revert humans, and the witch is not technically a human. So I would think that real eater may be required and should be able to change to reverting whatever the fuck her base nature is.
>>
File: JC15.jpg (14KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
JC15.jpg
14KB, 720x480px
>>52506079
>somehow convince the Painter to draw Dickbutt somewhere in the painting
>thousands of years after the Usurpation ending-in Dark Souls 4 DLC: Return to the Painted World
>quest given by a descendent of the Painter Girl who asks the Chosen Pygmy to defeat "an ancient mistake that defiles our lands"
>fight through blasted plains amidst the tundra, through mobs of smaller dickbutts, cockserpents and other phallic monsters
>descent through into a cavern to fight the Primordial Dickbutt, who turns red and pulses in his second form and erupts in his third
>Remnant of the Old World slain.webm
>Soul of the Old Dickbutt
>Use to acquire numerous souls, or transpose to extract its' true strength
>The Dickbutt was said to be a abomination wrought by a visitor from another world. Was its' lonesome rampage an expression of wrath, or longing?
>Creates the Shield of Cheeks or the Pink Flesh Sword

Must...resist...urge to mess with loremasters in the future...

>>52506046
Probably a mercy kill, really. And the Demon Prince looks to be in even more pain once they fuse, what with the burning and the flayed face and stuff

>>52506234
I think it might be possible. By the time of DS3, a combination of sheer time and possibly Alsanna's efforts seem to have caused the Bed of Chaos to have fizzled out so much the Demon Prince was the only one who carries enough of it to repopulate the species.
>>
>>52506378
If you guys don't stop wanking Infinity, you're gonna drive off Val. It's getting too much for her to handle.
>>
So wait, I thought that the problem with the Dark Souls world was that the Age of Fire has been going on for too long and now everything sucks, so the Age of Dark has to happen in order to reboot the system, so to speak. Is that not the case? And what's a 'Painted World'?
>>
>>52506428
>implying

She made those jumps just because of how much attention she'd get from offering that much power, anon.
>>
>>52506428
You really shouldn't say things with no substance like that.
It's like you don't even know what wank means.
>>
>>52506413
You could always companion Chris-Chan and have him convince the Painter to draw something of his instead. You'd be combining two convoluted and vague worlds together in a fantastic collision.
>>
>>52506378
It's kind of gross to read you using tvtropes lingo all the time, desu
>>
>>52506385
It's magic.
>>
>>52506441
If you're unfamiliar with the lore you should probably go through it on youtube or something. Dark Souls as a franchise is heavily dependent on interpretations and a lot of those can't be completely substantiated due to elements like unreliable narrator, lack of concrete evidence, and reused motifs on the writers' parts.

Now that the franchise is concluded it's the safest time to go through it anyways.
>>
>>52506413
That is one of the most immature things I've read in this thread and there is nothing about it that I don't love.
>>
>>52506041
Okay, so the run I'm going for is a magic Artificer. And Talismonger from Overlord seems to fit that need really well in the sense it gives me the ability to both use Arcane and Divine energies and soft caps me to t9 magic in both but doesn't state I cannot learn t10 magic in them. Should I treat it as i can't learn t10 arcane or divine magic in that jump or can learn from it.
About the Yusha jump, even if i jump in after Overlord, I don't feel like i'd have enough time there to Max out to level 10 even if i take the 200 year drawback. But was wondering if the drawback that has me fight all 103 demon lords will extend my stay, even past 210 years, until i kill the last demon lord. It doesn't explicitly state it.
>>
>>52506428
Valeria is the last person to be driven off by people wanking something from her jumps. She's one of the jumpmakers known for giving bare minimal fucks about what other people do with their jumps.
>>
>>52506490
That's probably a good idea, yeah.
>>
So, been away the past month or so. What new jumps do we have?
>>
>>52506428
>you're gonna drive off Val
Dude, I was paraphrasing something Val herself said in response to Infinities OP nature. And no, I don't think Val will be drove off by having the most powerful single thing in the jump take all your CP and then some. Because you are having to choose between Infinity, or an 1,200 CP of discounted perkline.
>>
>>52506575
Go on the drive and sort by date in each folder.
There's been a lot.
>>
>>52506463
>lingo all the time
Imma sorry, Dood,
>>
>>52506460
>>52506460
>giving CWC the opportunity to actually create CWCville, where his evil is law

So THAT'S how the Sonichu jump came to exist

Gets even worse once you realise the Painter is technically a boyfriend-free girl
>>
>>52506626
Chris-Chan's WAIFU FOR LAIFU. This is quickly approaching Varg Vikernes levels
>>
Another question for the Xam'd: Lost Memories jumpmaker.

Do we have to purchase Appearance Mod for each Xam'd / Humanform we also purchase?
>>
>>52506626
Ornstein and Smough, Champions of Chris-Chan.
>>
File: 1484193597420.jpg (22KB, 317x355px) Image search: [Google]
1484193597420.jpg
22KB, 317x355px
>>52506626
every day...
>>
>>52506378
Since others are talking about it, I'm understanding it as basically a super upgraded version of Dresdenverse Soul Fire. Is that more or less correct?
>>
>>52507077
Not at all. Soulfire grants improved efficiency and control to a spell. Infinity just gives it an indefinite duration. The spell is still the same in every other respect, it just never wears off.
>>
>>52506091
>Azathoth, The Blind Idiot God, sleep-shitposts on 4chan.
I believe it.
>>
>>52506991
Watch out or you'll get arrested by the CWC police and subjected to treatments so you can also become boyfriend free girl.
>>
File: Sheik Yerbouti.jpg (318KB, 1024x809px) Image search: [Google]
Sheik Yerbouti.jpg
318KB, 1024x809px
What harem perks are there that actually help you maintain a harem?

There are plenty for getting a harem in the first place but seem to be fewer that make your harem get along or cause you and your harem to be seen as socially acceptable by the world at large. They don't have to be explicitly about harems, just looking for perks that would help.
>>
>>52507273
Fate Stay Night's hero perkline has some for making harems get along. Oreimo also has that perk to let your freaky stuff get accepted by society.
>>
>>52503790
Home in the Sky, oblivion movie.
>>
>>52507273
A First-Rate is better than three Third-Rates (100): Having multiple spouses can be a nightmare

to even the best of people, for as a group grows so does the potential for conflict and negative emotions.

You are not most people. When you have multiple spouses and suitors, all of them for some reason seem to

come to an understanding quite quickly. Once they get to know you and each other well, the incidents of

infighting and backstabbing soon ceases, and they will work together (or at least not hamper each other) far

more often.

No Jumper, YOU are the Waifu! (100): Your many spouses will now develop feelings for each

other as well as you. It's no longer a pyramid of affection with you at the top and the harem below you, but

an intricate spider's web of relationships within the group that stays with you. As a result, they will get along

with each other more readily and both the relationships of you and your spouses are richer and more

fulfilling - not to mention robust.

Generic Xianxia
>>
>>52507112
Ah yeah, thanks.
>>
>>52503785
Font kind of hard to read for me in itallics. Maybe a bigger size?

The square border on Ruler is hard to see against the background

Outsiders Mark is basically a 500 CP undiscounted stand alone capstone. Endless Black should have some synergy with it as well. I would recommend bringing back that ability to mark others with versions of your outsiders mark and it's powers.

>+300cp - The Stolen Mark
To much grief for to little CP. It seems like these Drawbacks are just escalating 'Fuck you' the longer jumpchain has been around. Like first it was 'No out of jump supernatural powers' then 'no out of jump powers' and then the warehouse was added in. Then someone had this jump in a particularly bad jump expecting it to be an automatic fail condition, but people were able to survive by their companion doing a ten year escort mission (I'm looking at you Naruto) and now you just and in the companions for more BadWrongFun. Whatever.

"The Stolen Mark" should be a disadvantage that does what it says, You start the jump without any mark or mark powers, possibly with the ability to get them back in jump, possibly you don't get the mark back until the end of the jump. A way to defray the 500 CP cost of the mark with delayed instead of instant gratification. This has been used in other jumps to good effect (Infernals)

A 'No out of jump powers' is OK, but stuff in this and the first Dishonored Jump should both be allowed. Taking away the first jumps powers with the other jumps stuff is way to Meta and nonsensical.

>+300cp - Statuary
No messing with Jump mechanics just to be GrimDark, just because making a drawback that said "All your companions start petrified as a statue at the end of a dungeon (one for each) and you have to rescue them one by one if you want your companions with you this jump" was not Dark & Edgy enough. You know "you start separated from your companions" HAS been used as a disadvantage in other jumps without being derpy about it.
>>
>>52506126
I prefer the pain train.
>>
>>52507304
You know what's too meta? You constantly justifying stuff because of the other dishonored jump. Just because they're in the same setting, does not mean they're the same jump.
>>
>>52507283
>>52507291
Is there anything from less dangerous jumps?

You would have thought there would be given harem comedies are a thing but I can't find much.
>>
>>52507304
300cp drawbacks are meant to be rough. Just because some people hand them out like candy doesn't mean every jump should be forced to do so.

The fact that half your post is complaining about what other jumps do, jumpchain meta or arguing for interjump stuff, only makes you look more ridiculous.
>>
>>52507357
>Oreimo
>Dangerous
niggawut
>>
Could Xianxia cultivation serve as a form of protection for your soul by the virtue of your soul being absurdly stronk?
>>
>>52507357
MC-kun’s Gift (400cp): You are the star of the show. Not really but making multiple people fall in

love with you just happens naturally, and you could probably build a harem with their consent

as well.

Familiar of Zero then
>>
>>52507374
I was more talking about the other two as they have more obvious harem perks.

Oreimo helps with some stuff but doesn't help them get along.
>>
>>52507357
Hero BBS has a Drop-In perk for your harem getting along, but only really works for getting mundanes (or generic OCs, if you also took the capstone) to join your harem in the first place by itself.

>>52507374
Oreimo only covers getting people to not take exception to his bitches.
>>
>>52507389
>Familiar of Zero
That's a fun jump to go to when you've collected lots of bullshit and you're Louise's familiar. The look on everyone's face when you show up as an NGE Angel or a kaiju or whatever would be amazing.
>>
>>52506501
>, I don't feel like i'd have enough time there to Max out to level 10 even if i take the 200 year drawback. But was wondering if the drawback that has me fight all 103 demon lords will extend my stay, even past 210 years, until i kill the last demon lord. It doesn't explicitly state it.

The Demon Lords would be constantly harassing you and as they have the ridiculous amount of numbers would not care about a bunch of them dying. You should be able to defeat all of them within 20 years like the person the perk was based off of. Extending it to 200 would be pretty impossible.

The jump was not designed to allow you to become one of the strongest people in setting like Overlord is and frankly you don't need to. If you have Overlord under your belt you pretty much set for power in all of jumpchain, unless you go to super shonen escalation settings or something along those lines.
>>
>>52507304
Found the powerwanker.
>>
>>52507375
I'd imagine it really depends on the xianxia story you're talking about and how that cultivation works.

It also matters which kind of attacks you're trying to protect against.
Having a stronger soul already makes a difference against several of them so it shouldn't be much different.
>>
>>52507447
Found the asshole.

Sorry, a asshole.
>>
>>52506690
Yeah, in a way. If you wanted to apply the same modification to something you buy, then I guess it'd only be one total purchase, but if you want to modify each one uniquely you gotta buy it each time.
>>
>>52507291
>No Jumper, YOU are the Waifu!
This one explicitly makes it not a harem.
>>
>>52507291
>As a result, they will get along with each other more readily and both the relationships of you and your spouses are richer and more fulfilling - not to mention robust.
Real life this is the opposite of the truth. That kind of shit always falls apart into a mess of jealousy.
>>
>>52507574
Wooooow really? Man, who thought that a perk like that would work differently from real life.
>>
>>52507273
Anything that allows you to be in more than one place at once.
Time management is very important and you'll never have enough otherwise.
>>
>>52507596
It's kind of mind-rapey don't you think?
>>
>>52503785
I'm not fond of the font used for the power and perk names, as I can barely read it.
>>
>>52507613
so is just about any perk that changes how people react to things.
>>
>>52507410
The BBS perk is great but it's a big jump to take early on. Guess the Overlord games may be the only answer. Sitcoms would help too I suppose.
>>
>>52507613
Not necessarily. Could also "merely" be fate manipulation, as well. Ensuring that the actions most likely to contribute to the integrity of the relationship always occur.
>>
>>52503785
Everything's frankly overpriced. The prose does nothing but hinder telling the person what each perk does, your price layouts are nonsensical, and frankly none of this makes sense for a Jumper's purchase.

And really? You're telling me those powersets are worth 500 CP?

Have you been taking advice from Red and OAA? Because this is garbage.
>>
>>52503785

>Bonecharms – 100cp
There are closely related to the Mark. I would add something like "1st free with Outsiders mark" and make them discounted (or another one free) to someone who took Whalebone Crafting as one of their initial Mark Powers.

>Raw Whalebone – 100cp, Occultist
Creating Runes, do you NEED whalebone to make them? If so, this should be gratis to use your abilities in later jumps.

>Import – 50cp
Since you have to pay half your initial CP for the Mark, let companions do the same, and have X CP, or half X CP and a Mark. I would also give companions 600 CP or 800 CP. Enough to Get a Capstone+Endless Black if they forgo the mark, but not if they trade half their CP for the Mark.

>Canon Companion – 100cp (no Mark) or 200cp (with Mark)
Marked version should be discounted if you accepted the Outsiders Mark.

>Drawbacks
The first Dishonored did not actually have a drawback limit, probably due to the lowered effective CP due to the mark. I would recommend either removing your drawback limit, or raising it to something like 1,200 CP. And also add more drawbacks.

>+0cp Continuation
How about "If you have taken the 1st Dishonored Jump, you can elect to begin this jump in the exact time and place you ended the last jump, with the world exactly as you left it. Your jump will now last 15 years instead of ten."
The delayed start and need to go directly from one jump to the other is unnecessary complicated, and could be confusing with some drawbacks.

>+100cp - Dust Sickness
>always act up at the worst possible moments
Occasionally inconvenient is +100 CP, as written this is +200 CP.

>+100cp – Scoured
Also seems harsh for a +100 drawback, but more acceptable since it is an initial condition, not a fiat thing.
>>
>>52507730
Not everything is meant to compete with shounen anime, anon.
>>
>>52507422
No, no, no, what fun is there in not looking like a simple human?

Went there after going through the Wuxia and both Avatar Jumps (didn't go Bender both times). It's fun watching everyone's faces when a guy can seemingly tap a mage on a few points and suddenly said mage can't use magic for a while. It gets even more fun when you tell them that its a skill you can teach someone else, and that it's not all that big compared some of the other stuff you have yet to pull.

The best part though? Temporarily hijacking spells through precise applications of Chi, thanks in part to the Energy Bending lessons I got alongside Aang.

You know you are bullshit when even an Elf is like, "Can't deal, I'm out."

So yeah, loads o' fun times I had shaping myself into the nightmare of all mages...when I'm not having fun and goofing off while imparting proper lessons of power usage, noble bearing, and the such to Louise on the sly. Good times.
>>
>>52506229
>But that's because one's helpless and blind
Also, she's helpless and blind because she saved people by taking corruption into herself.

Fair Lady best lady.
>>
>>52507779
That is a very fun way to play it, I admit. But it's just as fun to show up as a giant monster, and change the entire dynamic of the series. Suddenly, Louise goes from "The Zero" to "She who summoned the Beast that Shall Not Be Named". And rather then having a human, or even humanoid familiar, she has a giant monster. This leads to a whole new brand of drama as she tries to get her new kaiju familiar to obey or at least listen to her, but it also gives her a sense of "I did something! I'm not a failure!".

Even better if you, as the giant monster, inform her that you can think and speak.

>GREETINGS TINY ONE
>TINY ONE WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING
>TINY ONE PLEASE CALM DOWN
>TINY ONE PLEASE
>>
Don't we have a Psyren jump somewhere here?
>>
>>52507730
>Have you been taking advice from Red and OAA?
Eh, it's not THAT bad...
>>
File: SHOW ME.jpg (109KB, 595x775px) Image search: [Google]
SHOW ME.jpg
109KB, 595x775px
QUICK, BEST JUMPS FOR POWER FAST

I NEED MORE POWER
>>
>>52507751
Then it's just going to get forgotten. Same as other jumps.
>>
>>52508004
or people that actually like the series will jump it and have fun.
God forbid people enjoy a setting for the setting.
>>
>>52507357
>Is there anything from less dangerous jumps?
Check out Sitcoms, there are some cohesion and get along perks there. And also one to make people think you sleeping around is funny/endearing and not creepy.
>>
>>52508003
The God of High School

Boom

There you go.
>>
>>52508015
Look at the fucking Outsider writing, anon.

It's going to have the same fate as the other Dishonored jump Red wrote for.

God damn it Myrmidont.
>>
>>52507748
>The first dishonored
No, shut up. Stop balancing one jump against another.
>>
>>52508003
Fate extra be a servant and transfer cp to sp the jump should normally last somewhere around 49 days from what I have heard.
>>
>>52505302
>>52505359
I'm not sure why no one told you this, but At the end of the DLC, someone destroys the Dark Soul, ensuring that there can never be a true Age of Dark. Meanwhile the Flame itself is dying and will eventually go out no matter what.

Basically he makes sure that everyone will die except whatever dragon-kin still exists.

So anyone that's not a dragon need to kill Gael quick.
>>
>>52508038
I dunno I think it's fine.
What's got you so upset over it?
>>
>>52508003
Sailor Moon. If you have the Rival capstone from Order of the Stick and enough one ups to survive all the bullshit that goes on there, you can fight with Sailor Moon, train, and eventually reach the insane levels of power she has at the endgame of the series. Combine that with Set's Eye from Swords and Sorcery, and you'd be a absolute monster. Even without it, you could reach some pretty crazy levels of power if you survive and git gud.
>>
>>52508003
DBAF.
The rest of the dragonballs can be fast on the escalation if you work for it, but DBAF potentially starts you at the third finishline and goes up from there.
>>
>>52507956
Never thought about that...that's, actually a fun way of doing things as well. I suppose then it's due to a difference in play styles?

Still, that's a hilarious image of Louise flailing about as a gentleman kaiju is trying to calm her down.

>>52507977
Don't there is yet, I remember that someone was talking about doing a Jump for it though, not sure on how far they are at the moment.
>>
>>52508054
Jesus fuck is their ALWAYS some asshole making everything worse?
>>
>>52508042
Not him, but you do realize that one instance of inter-jump balance does not invalidate the rest of the post, yes?
>>
>>52508080
There's a lot of different ways to play with it. I just tend to be hammy and over the top with everything I do, so being a giant monster familiar is right up my alley.

Oh yeah, it's the best. There's something perfect about being both bombastic and larger then life (literally in this case) while still being a gentleman, especially if people freak out about it.
>>
>>52508058
>v0.9. Jump by Myrmidont. Outsider’s introductions by Red.

That.

He won't admit to it but she fucking forced a nerf on who knows how much of the jump. Just god fucking damn it.
>>
>>52508103
You do realise I wasn't talking about the rest of the post?
>>
>>52507422
>>52507779
>>52507956
both valid perspectives. The story I went with was being Jumpchan's familiar, analagous to an einherjar and/or and archangel. The benefactor was impressed enough by Louise's summon spell to loan my services.
Normally would pass as a particularly large commoner, but when it came time to lay down THE LAW my voice would seem to come from the earth itself, with my lips never moving.

ANYWAYS, other jumpers who've played the part of servants or familiars, how did you present yourself?

>>52507783
damn right, besides I had 6 companions so she could stick with kellog
>>
>>52507513
So if I wanted to slim them all down into Symbiote-esque bodysuits that'd be fine for one purchase, but if I wanted to make each Xam'd look like separate pieces of armor I'd need 4 purchases of that?
>>
>>52508042
Shut up. Stop trying to make two jumps in the same exact place totally different from each other and ruin everyone's suspension of disbelief.

>Stop balancing one jump against another.
I know, right? We need more jumps with more 25 CP, 75 CP, and 125 CP perks. Also 1,000 is a stupid number. We should have jumps where the amount of CP you get is the result of a random number!
Go back to CYOA, (you)
>>
>>52508114
Jeremy calm the fuck down.
>>
>>52508151
>Suspension of disbelief
You cannot be this stupid. These aren't stories you twit. They're rulebooks for a game, basically. There's no need to suspend disbelief.

You just want to get more stuff and are trying to use the first jump to justify it.
>>
>>52508114
Why do you care?
Dishonored 2 doesn't even have powerlevels to nerf so you lose nothing even taking the ridiculous assumption that she did manage to stealth nerf half a jump.
>>
>>52508177
he loses getting to hatefap about Red
this one has been here for 3 years and appears to do nothing else, because actual jumps are just a pretense
>>
>>52508158
I thought it was Timmy.
>>
>>52508208
It was Johnny, Billy.
>>
>>52508239
I thought it was Sammy, Mark.
>>
>>52508253
I thought it was Buddy, pal
>>
>>52508208
>>52508239
>>52508253
>>52508268
His name is Sarah, and he's the prettiest little princess you ever did see.
>>
>>52508278
B-but I thought I was the prettiest little princess you ever did see, anon...
>>
>>52508169
>They're rulebooks for a game, basically.
>You cannot be this stupid.
An imagination game.
Or are you one of those fucktards to all they do is post shit on 4chan for fun, and that is the 'game' to you.

You may not know this, but other people actually use the jumps as something to have adventures of, and even make writefags and shit. Stuff there continuity of style and theme in closely related jumps matters.

Or maybe you are one of the powerwankers who only see the jumps as stand alone shopping lists of powers for you to choose from, and don't care about setting.

>Who cares if there two jumps that are supposed to be the same place don't mesh, I'm just going to take my powers and go straight to the next jump without even putting 5 min into thinking about the setting, and all anyone who calls me on my laziness stupid.
>>
>>52508296
You thought wrong, friend
>>
>>52508305
Except they do mesh. All the things you think don't mesh are purely mechanics. All the fluff feels just the same as in the first. Your complaints about 'suspension of disbelief' are that you don't get to take as many drawbacks. For all you accuse me of only caring about powers, you're the one arguing for more points and cheaper powers.

Kind of arguing against yourself here.
>>
>>52508305
>Complains about not getting as many points from drawbacks he probably doesn't even bother with
>ITS ALL ABOUT STYLE AND THEME AND STORY
Yeah. Nice try Timmy. Try being less obviously hypocritical next time.
>>
File: Sad Panda.jpg (65KB, 1066x666px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Panda.jpg
65KB, 1066x666px
>>52508308
Well now I'm a sad panda.
>>
>>52508147
>bodysuits
>separate pieces of armor
Uh. Wat?

You wouldn't be able to make them literally hollow on the inside or make it so whichever poor fucker is implanted with it turns into just a breast plate. They still need to have the basic Xam'd morphology a.k.a. arms, legs and so on?

What are you trying to DO with these?
>>
>>52503785
Losing 500 CP for the Mark does seem like it might be a bit much, if only because actually progressing in them requires you to collect setting-specific items which won't follow you between jumps. So you'd pretty much be screwed forever unless you spent a significant amount of time looking for Runes. I dunno, at half your CP budget, and with such potential loss, the option feels somewhat lacking. Especially when with the same price (for your origin), you could get nifty dream powers and guaranteed potential at least on par with (likely higher) any of the Mark abilities from Endless Black and Master of Engineering or Voidheart. Unless, you can improve them post-jump, of course, in which case the issue is moot.
>>
Curious about something here. Reading Hero BBS and it seems like Mages grow to higher levels by learning more magic systems from other worlds. How will this work post-jump? Will you retain the ability to learn any magic system you come into contact with?
>>
>>52508369
Let me put it like this. I have a lot of fuckin' equipment, see. I'm trying to make sure the Xam'ds can still do their part and be baller at it, while they're on me, while I'm also using:

-My Promethium Driver / Kamen Rider suit.
-My Guardian Ghost 'Bahamut,' who is Armor Oversouled into the shape of an armored coat.
-My Charyeok 'Red Dragon' / Chang Sik, who via me <insert gobbledygook here>, is both manifested physically and also Armor Oversouled as an addition to my primary gauntlet.
-My Djinn 'Berith' and the transformation / Djinn Equip that comes with THAT.

So... yeah.
>>
>>52508399
Unless I'm misreading, bone crafting is included gratis, you can use that to craft runes, and the notes indicate you can use whales from other jumps for the bone

so its fine
>>
>>52508431
No. So you better get cracking with dimensional travel, anon. Though you could probably still learn some over the BBS.
>>
>>52508431
Hero BBS mages use magic from different places all the time.
There's no reason why you'd be any different. It's really more like each place just has a different way of using magic. Like the difference between Eastern and Western magic in Card Captor Sakura for Example.
>>
>>52508471
Huh, I guess you can. I wouldn't have thought the "player" would be allowed to craft those, but I guess they had to come from somewhere. Missed the relevant text, yeah.
>>
>>52508431
On a related note, can Warriors and Rogues learn BBS magic and keep using it post-jump?
>>
>>52508431
>>52508499
It just occured to me that you might have meant magic systems in other jumps.
I doubt going to Hero BBS would let you do that, but while you're exploring that chunk of the multiverse you shouldn't have troubles with that magic short circuting once you leave.

>>52508524
Yes. You just don't have cheat level skills in that field. Same with any other classes stuff.
>>
>>52508524
Yes. Everyone can. Mages just get a learning boost. Last I checked, the Classes section explains this itself.
>>
>>52508529
>>52508534
Ah thanks, sorry. Can't into reading comprehension.

So I guess the optimal route is picking up something like Enhanced Mastery first, then going Practical Guide To Evil for enhanced learning of either magic or martial skills, then going to Hero BBS for the other. Thanks anons.
>>
>>52508510
IIRC charm-crafting is an actual mechanic in the 2nd game, so runes are a way to dump any extra bone after getting a solid charm loadout

in other non-news, made a build for the redone sailor moon a while back and forgot to post it

189. SAILOR MOON

Drawbacks: Foe of Chaos (1600), Reincarnated (1900)

>Background: Senshi [Eris] (1700)

Skills: Free Catch That Daimon, Free Flying Leap, Discount Affinity Sense (1600), Discount Ultimate Ability (1300), Power Up (1000), Fellow Senshi (700)

>Items: Discount Silver Millennium Technology (400), Discount Dazzling Crystal (200), Discount Magic Weapon [Import Lux Sanctus] (100), Discount Moon Mask (0)

(1/2?)
>>
>>52506991
>>52508146
>>52508203
>>52508268
>>52508471
Hello Namefag I have not seen before.
Have you actually made a jump?
Not supposed to be a namefag around here without a jump.
>>
>>52508613
The fact that you're saying this with a straight face makes me realize how long I've been here.

God I feel old. can I leave yet.
>>
File: intrigued.gif (11KB, 730x413px) Image search: [Google]
intrigued.gif
11KB, 730x413px
>>52508463
...Okay, so.

The Xam'd transformation isn't like a goofy suit or something. It's a literal physical transformation. So how that'd work with your other stuff is:

>Transform physically into a Xam'd
>The Kamen Rider suit goes on OVER that.
>Followed by the coat.
>I dunno what that is, but if it's more armor physically over that again
>And I again dunno what that is but if it's physical it goes over the Xam'd shape again.

But what I was asking was why would you try to make it so the transformation turns someone into pieces of armor or a body suit? Do you want someone to wear the Xam'd?
>>
>>52508613
BOY I've been here since the beginning, just been busy lately
>>
>>52508613
Haha you faggot. Kanons has been here longer than you've even known what /jc/ was.
>>
>>52508630
Okay nononono. What I'm trying to do is make the Xam'd transformation look less like a balloon-headed fish with diabetes and more like a dude in a skintight suit.

Or in the second example, as there are four different Xam'ds I bought, make each of the four Xam'ds resemble different pieces of armor IN my said transformation.
>>
>>52508634
>I've been here since the beginning
Ok. Welcome back.
Seriously, what jumps have you made then?
>>
>>52508653
...You know I was about to ask who you were going to get to wear the four Hiroko to then turn into armor for you to put on, but...

...Oh fuck I think I know where you're going with this.

Are you going to put all FOUR of those Hiroko in you?
>>
>>52508681
$0k Imperium
$0k Freelancer

...Am I missing any, Kanons?
>>
>>52507273
Sunrider has a perk that makes the girls accept each other.
>>
>>52504787
Overlord (Game) has the Minions which are pretty mindless and will willingly sacrifice themselves for you.

Skullgirl has Small Army which base themselves around you when picked up so go like cult leader and they will be cultists.

There is also the Cultists from Creepypasta which are crazy and follow you.

Speaking of Followers, Sword and Sorcery has Followers who are indebted or something to you and follow you.

Then there were a couple more that gave Maids/Butlers but I can't recall all of them. I think Bimbamgoumi or however you spell it had Butlers, Overlord (Series) has the Maids but super weak, and one of the Tomb Raider Jumps has a team of Maids/Butlers that can only clean up and junk.

If you don't mind them not being Companions, you can use Hive Queen and Speaker for the Dead to get life-shaping perks that let you create minions that are inherently loyal to you and can be made for a specific purpose.

All I can remember off the top of my head at the moment.
>>
>>52508681
>>52508702
Imperium, Metro, Hotline Miami, Red Faction, co-wrote MGS, and a couple failed jumps
first might be reworked into Only War, but that remains to be seen
>>
>>52508681
You know you can use the 4plebs archive to search by name, and by putting in pdf to only see when that person uploaded a pdf. Sure not every one he uploaded was a jump he made but you can easily tell which. Baka.
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/Kanons%20/filename/pdf/
>>52508702
He also did red faction, and some others.
>>
File: XSg19da.jpg (85KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
XSg19da.jpg
85KB, 1366x768px
>>52508696
YES.
>>
>>52503785
Arcane bond?
Perhaps as an undiscounted capstone or one discounted to people who took marks of their own that gives the ability to bestow lesser marks? With the Endless Black boost letting you grant full marks?
>>
>>52505956
Yes, Shield Hero would be cool.

Maybe an usurp one of the 4's position, maybe play one of the lesser 7(6?) support "Weapons" like Whip and Gauntlets. Possibly an origin to let you be a survivor from another world so you cna be an entirely different set of items like the users they meet at the end.

Lots of interesting options for the setting. Easier to do since its a completed series too.
>>
File: SAVE ME.gif (742KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
SAVE ME.gif
742KB, 200x189px
>>52508779
What are you doing.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING.

In that case, it's really up to you how the appearance mods stack with each other. You could apply it to just one Hiroko and just have that override the others instead of making a bunch of janky Hiroko's and implanting them over each other.
>>
So the Second Magic and BBS Time-Space magic. Are there other jumps with comparable levels of spatial/interdimensional magic?
>>
>>52505956
Could be fun, being a non stupid hero with a weapon like that would be cool.
>>
File: HAPPY LISA.jpg (11KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
HAPPY LISA.jpg
11KB, 250x174px
>>52504102
Ah, hee hee! Glad you liked it. I feed off of positive attention...it keeps my skin fresh.

>>52502670
Jump #2 Of Writer Nika’s Chain: Hero BBS

Origin: Retired Hero (100 CP)
Class: Magician

Perks
>Exchange BBS
Time to be a giant piece of shit and make everyone yell at me for my dumb bullshit when I talk about it
>Gone Fishing (Free)
Essentially. Writer Nika is a chill person (ideally) who just wants to relax and have fun.
>Delicious Evil (100 CP)
Look. This will help me detect how much of a dick someone is.
>Notice Me Senpai! (100 CP)
So, I guess a bunch of people are gonna think I’m super cool and smart? Nice
>Immortality (200 CP)
>Sage Of The Forest (300 CP)

Items
>Magical Index (100 CP)
>Canon Companion (200 CP, Sage Of The Forest)
>Kuudachi (400 CP)
For when I don’t want to be bothered.
>Dandachi (400 CP)
For when I gotta heal others!

Drawbacks
Senior Citizen (+0 CP)
((So I have a mini house rule of sorts that if I buy a canon companion I can have a prior history with them. So yeah.))
Needs More Restoratives (+100 CP)
Jumper Super Fan (+100 CP)
On The Lam (+200 CP)
This Is Why Earth’s Prime Jumper Is…(+200 CP)
The Ride Never Ends (+200 CP)

Writing soon
>>
>>52508841
Oh believe me this isn't the least of the shit he's pulled going by the Promethium Driver.

Who makes their power armor biologically half-Godzilla. Who.
>>
>>52508730
>Jumpchain v71: Getting Shit Done Edition 40 Kanons
... You're old, son!

You need to make a new jump, help people remember you.
>>
File: seto.jpg (33KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
seto.jpg
33KB, 250x335px
>>52508909
A man with a dragon fetish?
>>
>>52508909
Which Godzilla? That's a pretty important detail, anon, considering that Shin Godzilla's the love child of normal Godzilla, Cell, the Alien Queen, and SCP-682.
>>
Looking at Traveler's Gate, if I choose the Natural option, is those people existing enough to keep the Territory from decaying or will I still have to hunt them down and teach them?
>>
>>52508987
We only have the one Godzilla jump unfortunately, and I believe it's based on the animated series.

>>52508841
Alright. In that case - Have a build.

>Xam’d: Lost Memories - Jump #795
Identity: Northern Government
Drawbacks: Final Fate (+300); Mamma’s Boy (+200); The Battle of Barador (+100); Morals (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,700 CP
Perks:
-I Remember You Now (Free)
Items & Companions:
-Control Harness (Free)
-Companion Import
-Fluid Core: Xam’d (Free)
--Spore Launchers x2 (Free)
--Appearance Mod
--Pattern - Ruby WEAPON (300 CP)
-Fluid Core: Xam’d
--Pattern - Emerald WEAPON (400 CP)
--Pattern - Diamond WEAPON (400 CP)
--Pattern - Ultima WEAPON (400 CP)

WHY AM I SPENDING SO MUCH CP ON A DUMB IDEA YOU MAY ASK?

BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK NOT.

>>52508940
delet dis
>>
File: comfy.jpg (75KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
75KB, 409x409px
>>52508896
I blinked and opened my eyes. I was walking in some damp woods, at night. The fire was warm, and a gentle wind drifted through the trees. A warm mug sat in my hands, and a flowery, peppermint scent filled my nose. Ah. Herbal Tea...

My blanket was big, poofy...and comfy. The log itself was not too hard, either. I was completely alone, save for my Flareon and Seafoam, my Blastoise. Both were curled up, napping happily. My Flareon kicked her food, and my Blastoise sneezed. (It sounds like it would be super loud, but they're actually tiny little kitten sneezes. Super cute.) With two swords, one gleaming white (If a little stained up), and one pitch black in the scabbard of the same color hanging by a stand near me. I didn't remember having these two swords in my previous world of pokemon, but hey. Free swords. I wasn't complaining one bit.

Then I got a little PM in the Hero BBS. ((I fanwank that the BBS board has PM's))

It was from my old buddy and childhood friend, The Sage! I mean I had a secret crush on him from childhood (That's what my rapidly returning memories told me), so I was always thrilled to get his PM's, but I never told him my feelings because...well. Look at me. I don't have anything going for me. And I never wanted to be like that pushy, scary Princess that wanted to marry him! No! Never! I didn't care if he would never love me, as long as he was happy...I'd be happy.

"RE: Magic Swords" was the PM title. That indicated I had sent him a PM. Curious, I opened it up.
>>
>>52509104
There's an monster power in there that allows you to base yourself off of any monster so long as it isn't too far beyond the level seen in Godzilla the Series. It actually flat out says you can be Toho Godzilla. So if you wanted to, you could be any of the Godzillas, and thus acquire their DNA.
>>
>>52509136

Fuck me how did I miss that.

Shit might be getting crazier.
>>
File: Kaibaman-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png (865KB, 478x695px) Image search: [Google]
Kaibaman-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png
865KB, 478x695px
>>52509104
Never, Kaibaman
>>
>>52509163
DELET DIS

DELETOS
>>
>>52509152
For reference, here's the perk/power:

>Copied Design - 400
>You can use another monster as a base design, gaining all it's powers. This includes monsters from other settings as well. The chosen monster shouldn't completely outclass Godzilla however. Though if you want to become something like the fucking Toho Godzilla and make everything super easy go right ahead.
>>
Are there any perks which would allow one to safely handle Voidstone? And preferably provide resistance against similar disintegration/annihilation effects in other settings?
>>
File: Shamefur!.jpg (22KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Shamefur!.jpg
22KB, 450x300px
>>52508613
>>
>>52506126
BAN ALL KAIJUS

On a related note:

Work on Duel Monsters the Shadow realm is happening! Might have mentioned it on thread before, but just in case:

Skeletons for all 3 origins are done, and each origin in turn has 7 sub-origins that vary depending on origin

Drop-ins get Destinies(representing a 'place' in the world and stuff not easily represented by the next two)

Warriors get Journeys(representing the travels of Zera and Grepher, basically being an experienced adventurer who has various accolades and boons)

Spellcasters get Schools(their perkline is basically just a bunch of universal yet useful spells even novices and warriors can learn, and their schools represent focused knowledge)

I'm planning for there to be a Destiny of Blue Eyes revolving around summoning and empowering the Blue Eyes White Dragon(Might have you be able to have one bound to you as a partner or import a companion into one), which made me realize...Since there's the 3 'last' Blue Eyes sisters out there trying to find worthy mates...Are any of you anons man enough to wrangle the wild princesses and bring the blue eyes clan back into its former glory~?
>>
What would happen if you stabbed own of your Third Circle Demons with an Arrowhead? Would they get a Stand or would they experience some type of Requiem effect?
>>
>>52509261
Considering that, even as they are one of your souls, they're still their own independent beings? I'd say they'd get their own Stand.

But, single-player and all.
>>
>>52509233
You have no right to use that until you've made however many jumps it takes to be at number one. Twenty? Thirty? I don't know.
>>
>>52509248
I have a question about the Emerald Pedestal from the Classic Sonic Jump. If you render the False Emeralds unbreakable in some way, do they cease to work? I just want to reuse the same set of 7 Crystals for every charge.
>>
File: Stop right there.png (80KB, 562x511px) Image search: [Google]
Stop right there.png
80KB, 562x511px
>>52509248
>that spoiler
Is that a god damn challenge, you digging son of a bitch.

I WON'T JUST BRING IT BACK TO ITS' FORMER GLORY, I'LL MAKE IT EVEN BETTER THEN BEFORE! Also, I'm really hyped for this. Can't wait to see what you do with it you absolute madman.
>>
File: MAJESTIC.png (843KB, 472x695px) Image search: [Google]
MAJESTIC.png
843KB, 472x695px
>>52509248
Majestic
>>
>>52509248
I said I would assemble the largest harem of dragons imaginable threads ago.

I accept your challenge you rabbity bastard.
>>
File: Wha ha ha ha!.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
Wha ha ha ha!.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>52509298
>You have no right
>>
>>52509327
>>52509304
I see your animal spirits have not been dampened yet! You bring me pride.
It's already turning a bit crazy since. you know. 7 sub origins. It'll be fun to write this out at least.

>>52509300
Yeah, it just stems from overcharging the gems used in the process
If they'd be something that wouldn't overcharge in the first place, then it should be fine
>>
>>52509378
This is going to be one of those jumps where I'm going to be struggling with picking an origin/sub-origin alone, I can already tell. It is a good pain.
>>
>>52509400
you can pick up to 3 sub-origins, it should be okay.
>>
What jumps have options for you or your companions to become dragons?
>>
>>52509248
Wait if there's only three does that mean that Kaiba totally killed a qt dragon just so he could block off a card to other players in a childrens card game?
Imagine the regret if he ever found out...
>>
File: Smug Gear Face.jpg (48KB, 393x374px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Gear Face.jpg
48KB, 393x374px
>>52509427
What could possibly go wrong?
Besides the fact I'm probably burying my own grave by looking up children's card games
>>
>>52509445
Forgotten Realms
>>
>>52508931
...on one hand, you're wrong because that was only my first jump
OTOH, you're right because folder history says the last thing I did was update MGS jump last fall
but, that's why I'm planning to either fix or redo Imperium
>>52508611
fuck it, pic will do
>So, turns out I was actually supposed to be inserting at the end of the Silver Millenium, but I guess her namesake is a fickle mistress. Long story short, she's in wrong place/wrong time, and my first experience in the jump was a lump of asphyxiating neurons and a star seed already headed stage-right. Turns out, even a brace of durability and regen perks can only do so much when you're clinically dead. Probably didn't even get the satisfacion of spooking my killer by turning into a writhing mass of blacklight.

>As a result, I was technically synced with my origin self throughout her upbringing, but of the memories are scarcely any clearer. military brat who'd been relocated so many times the only friends she bothered making anymore were tutors or people online. Thankfully this made her a quick study with foreign language, and a fair bit more independent than pre-jump me.

>My next first experience in the jump was about as vague and only lucky relative to the first, but it involved me accidentally putting my arm through a wall; simultaneously stabbing someone on the other side with a pen I'd just found, then running for my life as said someone turned into a monstar, and Venus pulling my proverbial ass out of the fire at the last minute.
>>
File: I've seen some shit.jpg (24KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
I've seen some shit.jpg
24KB, 400x599px
>>52509427
Oh, that's good to hear.

>>52509445
Fire Emblem Awakening does.

>>52509453
>Kaiba's face when
>>
File: Kisara_dead.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Kisara_dead.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>>52509453
Well he did date a qt dragon slave girl in ancient egypt and evetually had the largest reincarnation flashback ever to convince him to use it over Obelisk so you're not actually too far off
>>
>>52509248
Since when did the blue eyes dragon become a princess?
>>
>>52509493
Kaiba's boner for the Blue Eyes White Dragon is the stuff of legends. Whether she's a beautiful girl or a card, the Dragon's the only one for him.
>>
>>52509467
>I'm planning to either fix or redo Imperium
Cool, can't wait.
>>
>>52509533
Backstory for the Shadow Realm jump has them as the last survivors of their clan, which was revered even amongst other dragons, let alone everyone else. Plus, the original Blue Eyes White Dragon's human incarnation was the love interest of Kaiba's past life, who was royalty and would eventually become pharaoh himself if memory serves. So there's that.
>>
>>52509538
Its a boner that surpasses time and space to give him even more blue eyes support cards
>>
Would this fit as a Stand power? http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Exaggeration?useskin=oasis
>>
>>52509599
>that pic
>no way thats real
>google search later

WTF, the last time I played this game was after Ghostricks came out. What happened since then?
>>
>>52509637
Probably not, but maybe, stands tend to do one thing in a way can be stretched to apply to a lot of things. Usually though the initial concept of the stand's power is far more singular.
>>
File: SPYRAL.png (396KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
SPYRAL.png
396KB, 415x416px
>>52509678
Well, everyone was flipping their shit over Zoodiacs (an overlaying XYZ archetype) to the point where the OCG hit them to the ground and the TCG gave them a few slaps on the wrist while Paleozoic, an aqua based trap card monster archtype, started becoming more popular because it could utilize a powerful XYZ in Toadally Awesome.

Meanwhile im just fucking around with SPYRALS which can get surprisingly hilarious despite focusing around only 2 level 4 1900 attack monsters
>>
File: sparkle eyes writer nika.jpg (16KB, 275x265px) Image search: [Google]
sparkle eyes writer nika.jpg
16KB, 275x265px
>>52509120
Accidentally deleted this. So I had to rewrite this RIP me

This my first PM.

"HIYA SAGE! o(≧▽≦)o It's me, your buddy and pal since diapers, Nika! What's up! So I got the swords you made for me, but they didn't come with instructions. (>﹏<)
Don't worry though! I'm not mad or anything, because I know you pull all-nighters when you're really excited about this stuff and you forget to do things. So what do the swords do, anyway?"

The Sage replied back.

"Ohey, Nika! They can both talk, since I heard you say that it was lonely walking around on your constant quests to fight Demon Lords and get strong enough to fight the church. So I made them for you. They can talk because you said something about getting a lonely when wandering around.

Now, Kuudachi! She's the black sword! She's got a tactics-fused mind, and the ability to make an inky black darkness...until it's dispelled by the BRIGHTEST FLAME she makes. She's got a cold personality, but she's not heartless. Now, Dandachi! She's a huge sweetie pie. Can heal up all your wounds, mental or physical since I know you're not that good at swordplay yet. And you're the super sensitive type over your performance. She's super sensitive too though, so be nice to her!

It was cute to watch him ramble on and on about his swords. He was practically beaming in his avatar as he explained everything.

I replied back.

"Why, thank you. I am truly lucky to have the privilege to see you ramble so much about your swords. I love seeing your boundless enthusiasm for the stuff you make. I am truly lucky to be your friend, because I get to see you talk on and on!!! (((o(*°▽°*)o))) Bye bye~ I'm gonna go off adventuring!"

((Con't))
>>
File: TrueKingVFDTheBeast-MACR-JP-UR.png (894KB, 498x728px) Image search: [Google]
TrueKingVFDTheBeast-MACR-JP-UR.png
894KB, 498x728px
>>52509793
Oh right also the new dinosaur based structure deck is coming out in les than 2 weeks, which people are utilizing with Trueking Dragons to make an effective beatdown with
>>
>>52509678
New movie came out set in the original universe, no way Konami wouldn't make up new cards for Kaiba and Yugs to use (and for them to sell).

Also fuck Zoodiacs.
>>
>>52509845
>The Beast
It certainly looks like it.
>>
>>52509793
>>52509845
And to think the only deck that I have thats slightly OK is my Ghostricks. Adorable little guys they are.

>>52509852
I actually forgot they had the movie going on.
>>
>>52509104
So why import the WEAPONs over any of the things you can find in Toriko?
>>
>>52509875
Nostalgia, it looks cool, why not?

Look i dunno what goes on in that guy's head but its his choice

Much like my obsession with children's card games
>>
>>52509875
The question is equally valid when asked in reverse, and the answer remains the same, personal taste.
>>
File: happy writer nika.gif (860KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
happy writer nika.gif
860KB, 500x252px
>>52509794
I was just informed that Hero BBS does indeed have a PM system. Must have missed that.

So, see. I was born with a type of talent in soul magic, which was deemed heretical in Sky Garden. While it could make new souls (any beginner in the magic could make new life with it, just that making a physical body for it was hard), it could also rip the souls out of people and other stuff. It was associated with some...not very nice people. Typically, those who had talent in soul magic were demon lords or minions of the demon lords. So of COURSE, everyone thought I was the reincarnated demon lord when that was NOT the case. And not only that, I hated this world already. Treating it's heroes as if it were disposable...that was truly awful. I started to study magic simply to find a way to leave this world. I knew it was only a far-off dream, but damn it this world sucked.

Thankfully, I was summoned to another world as a hero. And my talent for soul magic came in handy, because there was a demon lord that kept doing a lot of awful stuff to the kingdom. He was literally unbeatable by anything the kingdom threw at him. Why? Because he was DETERMINED not to die. No, he'd be a SUCCESSFUL demon lord damn it.

But one thing he didn't have? Soul protection. This world didn't have any soul magic. So. I ATE HIS SOUL. BBS Nika was metal, methinks. His soul tasted awful. 0/10 Too evil.. I think I got acid reflux and diarrhea from digesting it. Although it gave me some nice energy.

((con't))
>>
File: writer nika drawing a map.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
writer nika drawing a map.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>52510090

...The board was uh, apparantly not all that happy with what I did. They were kind of terrified of me, actually. Meanwhile, the Sage was off doing his own thing. But when he found out, he was also afraid of me. Someone at the board leant me a device to travel the other worlds, since they heard me talking about how much I hated how Sky Garden treated it's heroes. They didn't want me to eat the souls of the royal family as well. And so they subtly arranged for me to always be fighting demon lords to keep me pacified.

Although I never ate another evildoer's soul (And by extension, no one else's), because they were nasty tasting. In fact, eating a soul had too many downsides for me to consider it practical. Simply because it always gave the user nasty health issues. I read of one tale where a demon's soul shattered all the bones in the digester's body. Some nasty stuff. The extra energy wasn't worth it. Also I considered myself...well, not evil. And eating people's souls is bad when you're not doing it to evildoers. Thusly, I practiced different kinds of magic.

At the very end, I offered the Sage a chance to come with me. I introduced him to Benefactor, and my pokemon, and he decided. Eh. Why not. He hated Sky Garden anyway. He might as well go with his childhood friend away from here.

And that is how I got my first companion for the chain.

fin
>>
>>52508003
Overlord (The Series)
Dragon Ball Z/Multiverse/AF
Devil May Cry
SDS
The God of Highschool
Injustice
Superman:TAS
Forgotten Realms
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (162KB, 439x800px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
162KB, 439x800px
>>52509467
>MOTHERFUCKER WHAT HAPPENED TO MY PIC
>In what I can only describe as a feat of stupidity on my part, turns out I'd instinctively tried to gate into the warehouse while fleeing the youma, only to end up dumping the transformation pen there and forgetting about it in the excitement. Thus, rather than being the 2nd Senshi to enter the plot, Sailor Eris barely made her debut before the Inner Senshi were complete.
>However, this is not to say I wasn't involved. Even with weakened abilities I was able to sleuth out Venus's identity after our fateful encounter. Despite protests from her and Artemis, I managed to snag a sidekick role until they could iron out the transformation issue (this certainly didn't involve sneaking weapons off base in the hope they could be imbued with magic). My chaos sense made a decent youma radar, and while this did leave me in hot water when I went off alone to pinpoint this week's draining device, that was just the push I needed to finally get my ass in the warehouse.

>By this point in my chain, I had lost my memory twice before: in Catastrophe I had a steady job in a fairly benign world, in Negima my companions had been there to keep me out of trouble, this time I had neither benefit (most of my companions had formed the Kuiper senshi and were doing their own thing at this point) but I had come prepared.
>The moment I entered the warehouse, an AI I had created from my own modified fork activated, ready to act as my own version of the cat mentors. Sadly I didn't have time for the full introduction, lest the others walk into a trap, but with pen in hand, Sailor Eris came out swinging.
(3/?)
>>
File: 5875cdaf17000085019296ad.png (437KB, 720x385px) Image search: [Google]
5875cdaf17000085019296ad.png
437KB, 720x385px
>>52510506
>After this, the dreams started coming faster, but often not for the better. I had perks and millennia of time to process the things I had seen and done, Eris wasn't prepared for what she saw, and that fear made her dread the thought of returning to the warehouse. I had mentioned the dreams to the Senshi before, they all had dreams of their past lives, right? But when I described the content, the cats assumed some force was tampering with my mind, and they tried fruitlessly to fix the issue. Perhaps if I had mentioned the warehouse... but I couldn't bring myself to do it, like it was some kind of taboo to even acknowledge it around others.

>Things finally gave when I woke from a memory of Racoon City and realized my hands had transformed into vicious claws. I had to figure out what was happening to me, who this "other me" was. That meant confronting this AI.

> The Senshi knew I was under a lot of stress, while they stayed in touch and tried to provide moral support, they didn't begrudge me for being withdrawn. I wasn't attending school either, though the AI was capable enough as a forger that the folks never suspected. While the team fought a war with the Dark Kingdom, I fought a war in my own head.

> I knew the stories in the warehouse weren't prophecy. Even without my involvement they only roughly coincided to how things progressed. But even then, if the threats I saw there were coming, I couldn't wait for my powers to awaken on their own. The dreams proved he/I was still in there.

>In my forays to the brain tumbler, I learned the extent of the damage. The collision between Eris's star seed and the Jumper had done a number on his astral layers. Large portions of my mindscape were covered in impenetrable darkness, and many of the past selves that commanded each of our layers were unresponsive or actively hostile, seeing her as an invader.
wow this is getting long
(4/?)
>>
>>52503790
Grand Palace from FOTNS Jump gives you this.
>>
>>52510881
>I knew she/I couldn't restore everything before the heavy hitters started appearing, but I could make due with a select few, particularly the Blessing of Strahvs. If Chaos is put into eternal slumber, it would be the best chance of avoiding the hinted Sailor Chaos.

>I was planning to announce my full return to the Senshi with the removal of a... resilient annoyance that had persisted after Beryl's defeat. Some hedge sorcerer type had cracked the secret to making their own baddie brigade and had been selling their services for some time now.

>This plan became complicated when she recognized Lux Sanctus. Turns out our favorite child of Leng, Yana, had been the villain import. This whole time she'd been hustling the various henchman that had come by and carved a comfortable niche for herself in the process.

>By this point she already had a fair chunk of her memories back, so convincing her to be our mole was fairly easy. Besides, she'd been making an artform of making her mooks look more useful than they were, so we'd get some gimmie fights out of the deal as well.

>Between roughly doubling our numbers and adding some force-multipliers on top of that, things generally went smoother than canon, though there was definitely an adjustment period when I revealed my nature as a jumper.

>...I mean, my fork reminding me that I mostly jumped as a male was strange enough, let alone explaining it to others. Maybe it was the social perks, but after learning that I was used to being on either side of the fence, some of them seemed to spend a lot more time around me. I know Pluto lives a lonely existence, but I've never seen someone get that thirsty and still keep a poker face.

>Anyways, set up properly in Tokyo once I was able to ditch the folks, spent the remaining decade drip-feeding the world magitech while awakening starseeds to make up for when we left.
>>
>>52511423
Ok notmally I like this stuff but maaaaaybe you should take it down a notch.
>>
>>52511546
good thing that was all I had
>>
>>52511556
I liked it. Thanks, Kanons-sempai.
Today I am a cute young Japanese girl; no-one knows I am actually a typing dog... no-one must ever know
>>
File: JC16.jpg (248KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
JC16.jpg
248KB, 1200x1600px
>>52503785
Drawbacks: Continuation, The Face On Every Wall, "Failure To Pay Interdimensional Travel Tax", Too Interesting For Your Own Damn Good (1600)

Old Acquintance, Decline

Occultist

Rolled Cyria Gardens, Karnaca

Scholar (Free)
Voidheart (1400)
Endless Black (1100)
The Ancient Music (700)
Master of Engineering (300)
Bloodfly Nest (Free)
Ritual Pigment (100)
Canon Companion: Emily (0)

The Outsider is trying to pretend his little prank never happened. The Benefactor blows a fuse from being ripped off again and again. Too late, I realise he is right: This is not a competition. This is, for lack of a better word, an act of God.

I really don't have anything against the guy. As void entities go, he's alright. But I'm not the only one who knows how to play the long game, and it soon becomes apparent what apocalypse the Benefactor has decided to plague this world with: Economics.

See, she KNEW I could pay off the taxes. Easily in fact; matter-energy converters are everywhere in my Warehouse. Unfortunately by the terms of their agreement, all guards are compelled to tax me. Even after turning invisible, my holdings are hit with so many Interdimensional Comercial Poaching taxes the Empire starts resembling Weimar Germany even after I spatially quarantine the companies.

The Guard quickly becomes the least popular occupation in the city once the reason people have to pay for their food in wheelbarrows comes to light, and a frustrating investigation by the Duke concludes in a hypothesised "mass gold fever". Civilisation rapidly descends into anarchy around the time the whalers (the actual ones, not the assassins) go on strike. Delilah rallies magnificently, and transforms her cult into an anarcho-syndaclist regime.

(Cont'd)
>>
File: JC6.jpg (216KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
JC6.jpg
216KB, 1131x707px
>>52511615
The fight back to retake Dunwell is bloody and divisive. We have the support of the Overseers and the more romantic or patriotic bourgeois, but we're up against black magic terrorists-and with so much public support, Delilah's able to work much more faster towards usurping the Outsider, forcing me to act more subtly for fear of unintentionally helping her by destabilising the dimensional boundaries. Assassination and counterterrorist First Circle Deva cells and an avatar that's almost human, instead of the plasmic tides I prefer. It is fortunate Corvo and I work well together-and moreso still that the man has the gumption to work with Daud when he offers to shoulder responsibility for bringing order back to the city. It is even more fortunate that Emily proves an adept student of Hokuto Shinken to Sunny's delight. Both do an admirable job at hiding how much it hurts to see everything fall apart, especially when I explain my unwilling role in the Benefactor's revenge.

The final battle shakes the Void. Unable to leverage my full strength, I am barely able to stalemate a much stronger Delilah's attempts to paint a world over the true one with a barrier of law. In the end, it is stealth that wins the day: Corvo blindsides her with a smoke bomb, and Emily closes in for the kill. Delilah laughs as the knife passes through her. And then she explodes.

It is a bittersweet victory. Even after victory, anti-royalist sentiments abound as the economic crisis remains unsolved-and so it is agreed I tutor Emily as the Outsider once tutored me, while Corvo once again watches over the throne.

And somewhere between the worlds, the Benefactor leverages her cosmic might to give the Outsider a noogie.
>>
>>52504657
kind of like this.

https://youtu.be/B8i0ypSqBxE
>>
Other than Harry Potter are there any good early jumps for picking up an immunity to disease?
>>
>>52511882
King Arthur.
>>
>>52511749

I ended up getting curious about some stuff concerning the Immersion perk from Infinicon.

1. What happens if you took an option from somewhere else that makes it impossible for your 'physical and mental hygiene' to decline?

2. What happens if you pick a character without a set personality?

3. If you pick a character that required outside aid and/or resources to unlock their powers does Immersion cover that, or would that stuff get lost?

4. Is the character just a mind altering affect based on another entity, or do they have a prior existence of some kind?

5. How aware is the character when not being used by the jumper?
>>
>>52512088
1.I'm sorry Immersion works by literally losing yourself in the character,so that's going to be a permanent nerf
2.you mean someone like the boss from Saints Row or something? I guess you could decide Their personality But remember, it's not just personality. It's identity. and it's going to be a much more difficult road since They don't have a personality for you to lose Your self in
3.yes , but nothing beyond what they receive in canon or the timeframe in which You modeled Them after i.e.no midseason power ups by Modeling yourself after someone earlier in their timeline , but if it was after that it would work But you couldn't easily get more of it.
4.No, it's a bit of a mix of wild magic in The Depths of The Arctic and channeling the collective unconscious which has been distorted by the seer concentration of Geekyness in the local area
5.Did you ever come up with a character For a RPG or imagination game and have them running in the back of your mind when you were doing other stuff ? it's basically that level awareness, they aren't an actual person/entity until they subsume you They are just a persona you put on that you can let go stronger and stronger
>>
>>52512088
>>52512167
oh, some clarifications
1. It's not a matter of physical hygiene so much as taking the costume off and doing self maintenance.
3. That does not extend to physical resources or workshop space. if your character has a giant robot you don't get a giant robot,but you can still be pretty bad ass i.e. Jin Saotome would not have Blodia

if your character is a giant robot well things probably get scaled-down until you get to ridiculous levels of immersion , but then you will run to the problem of who is Piloting you?

4. it's not a mind altering effect based on another entity It's a character you are Mimicking to the point where you lose yourself and gain Their power.
>>
Wheres a good ppace to learn to cook?
>>
>>52512255
toriko, exalted and fate.
>>
File: in a van down by the river.gif (3MB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
in a van down by the river.gif
3MB, 620x400px
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.