[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

d20 Modern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: D20_Modern_Book_Cover.jpg (44KB, 340x475px) Image search: [Google]
D20_Modern_Book_Cover.jpg
44KB, 340x475px
d20 Modern, anyone here play it?

I was hoping I could get a basic rundown of what differences I need to learn to use it, when I already understand 3.x, 4e, and 5e.

I hear guns force con saves vs massive damage or something?
>>
>>52503011

Its crazy they never did a 4e modern.
>>
>>52503011
>I hear guns force con saves vs massive damage or something?
No, they just tweaked 3.5's massive damage rule. Any damage you take from a single hit that's over your CON score forces a save. It's a piss easy DC 15 FORT save, but still, it's there.
>>
>>52503812
Ah, alright.

Know of a good splat for including cybernetics? And car sized robots?
>>
>>52503966
D20 Future. Although if you're going for a cyberpunk game, I'd suggest going for another system altogether. D20 Modern has some glaring flaws that can be tough/annoying to work around.
>>
>>52503966

D20 future has those things. Whether they were well implemented or not is debatable.
>>
It's just a modified version of 3.5, if you know 3.5 then it won't take long to learn this.

Also get the expansions: D20 future, menace manual, D20 past, etc. They're good.
>>
>>52504014
I'm hamstringed by a need to have a system that 4 complete newbs will be able to work with, and I shot myself in the foot by giving them a one off of 5e, because I'm good at DMing 5e. So I taught them the d20 system.

Can you try and give me a breakdown of what I need to account for?
>>
>>52504198
>Dex is the best stat, bar none
>Classes and feats are boring
>Wealth system is busted
>Little variety in weapon stats
>HP bloat

Here, listen to these chodes talk about it. They explain better than I do.

https://systemmasterypodcast.com/2014/02/07/system-mastery-12-d20-modern/
>>
>>52503633
They managed Gamma World in 4E. Its funny that they never tried D20 Modern, it could have been interesting.

It was modular, much like 4E would later become, and could have been interesting.
>>
>>52504281

Seriously. 4e gamma world looked fun. Shame it seemed to have fizzled so fast.
>>
>>52504281
It seemed like D20 modern came about because Wizards was so successful with 3.0/3.5 that they could spend time on experimental projects like these, but with 4e not being such a massive success they probably didn't want to risk it.
>>
>>52504281

There were a lot of supplementary rules they never had in that game that a good sci fi 4e would have needed though. Better vehicle rules, ships, cybernetics and other equipment.
>>
File: 1487887519612.jpg (55KB, 512x394px) Image search: [Google]
1487887519612.jpg
55KB, 512x394px
I ran d20 modern for multiple games for over 2 years on a weekly basis.
The gun rules are way too underpowered.
The rest is generally ok.
I recommend looking at Mutants & Masterminds 2e. It is a nice streamlined version of 3.5 and very easy to get familiar with.
>>
Does this game have any lore to it?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.