[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 439
Thread images: 39

File: yandere kitsune gets punished.jpg (3MB, 2409x3496px) Image search: [Google]
yandere kitsune gets punished.jpg
3MB, 2409x3496px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

What are some good tactical uses for Headpat? Other than keeping the morale bonus around.
How would your characters feel if they got a Headpat? How would they like the belly rub version in a time of dire need?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52495920
>>
>>52499435
Reminder that headpat is only effective on beast-folk
>>
>>52499435
You fucked up op.

Should have been something besides mongolion puppetshows drawn with crayola.
>>
How much effectiveness am I losing if I spend two levels in other classes before going summoner? I get that they're stupidly good, but is that only if I keep with the curve?
>>
Ignore headpats compare party heights
http://www.mrinitialman.com/OddsEnds/Sizes/compsizes.xhtml

>>52499435
Well, he'd probably be confused, but then accept it.
>>
>>52499469
Yes, but Greater Headpat is effective on everyone, just to a greater (no pun intended) extent on beastfolk.
>>
>>52499476
It's Shitsune poster anon. He's here to maintain the status quo that /pfg/ is the new /wst/ and discourage useless behavior, like actually discussing Pathfinder.
>>
>>52499515
>/wst/

What is /wst/?
>>
>>52499521
a waste.
>>
>>52499479
No summoner is broken, dipping two other classes should be fine

depending on what the dips are.
>>
what about the base of a tail?
why does that cause animals to go mad?
>>
>>52499556
what about it
>>
>>52499435
>tfw I've already written a scene where muscle wolfgirl has her abs felt up by her bard lover, and it leads to lewds.

I don't even personally ship them. I just think the pairing is too cute.
>>
>>52499521
The ruins of a once golden age for /tg/, destroyed by the barbarian horde of redditors
>>
What games are still recruiting? Gotta make an app before I can shill myself.
>>
>>52499580
stop
>>
>>52499583
Yes but what WAS /wst/? I wasn't there for that.
>>
File: WotR height comparison.png (87KB, 1589x736px) Image search: [Google]
WotR height comparison.png
87KB, 1589x736px
>>52499496

WotRaunchy cast

Rath, Brevoy, Red, Tia, Books, Bird(male ver.)
>>
>>52499599
>very similar

boring.
>>
>>52499521
Weekend Smut Thread. /tg/ the green board.
>>
File: 1489541467042.jpg (203KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489541467042.jpg
203KB, 1200x1200px
>>52498512
What's 2hu guilty of?
>>
>>52499556

Well, there's probably some extra nerves and muscles there to help control the tail.
>>
>>52499599
You got a sizecode? Let's all compare the heights of the T A L L B O Y E S in /pfg/ games

>>52499580
I wanna see this

>>52499613
Darn. There are archives of it, yeeah?
>>
>>52499591
12 hours for LoBaF. About two weeks on Shardwalkers, WWW, and Blingmaker.
>>
>>52499550
This will probably trigger some people but sorcerer/oracle
>>
>>52499635
Why? Seems like a waste honestly.
>>
>>52499623

m195.6_m185.4_f162.6_f177.8_f172.7_m167.6

Rath is like 6'5", he's definitely the T A L L B O Y E of that game.
>>
>>52499623
You never will. It's my secret shame.

I have lots of write ups like that for other ships too that I think are cute. It's my secret shame. I want cute pairings to be happy, but I rarely see it happen so I make it myself.
>>
>>52499596
Weekend Smut Thread. It was basically a containment thread for /tg/'s Pervy behavior, it was a thread where we openly discussed fetishes, and the now extinct creatures known as Writefags would post quality fap material.

/d/'s smut thread is basically /wst/'s rotting corpse.
>>
>>52499623
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/weekend%20smut
This board would be a good 60% better if people learned how to use the archive search.
>>
>>52499550
>No summoner is broken

>summon monster out the ass when that's top 5 for best spells because you can just summon anything to solve a problem for you
>same "entire class but better as a class feature" fuckery druids get
>a genuinely really strong spell list full of great SOL spells and shit they get a level earlier for no real reason
>wack archetypes like master summoner or synthesist that, even if they aren't actively that much better, really let you rub it in how much you invalidate most other classes by existing
>unchained only sort of fixes these issues because lolpaizobalance

summers are pretty stupid
>>
File: Hell's Rebels.jpg (51KB, 855x585px) Image search: [Google]
Hell's Rebels.jpg
51KB, 855x585px
>>52499496
Hell's Rebels group A.

Sophia, Estelle, Serigala, Hana.
>>
>>52499613
Not like this,
Not like this.
>>
>>52499596
"Weekend Smut Thread"
Its where fa/tg/uys go to channel their boners into /tg/ related smut literature, from a Planetary govenor getting a venomthrope to rape his wife he hates to more cute things like romantic thri-kreen erotica. If you look hard enough, you can still find the pastebin where they kept them all.

It got shitposted to oblivion by a dedicated asshole, who would just bomb whole threads. This asshole was so vorulent that it got to the point where the Mods didn't want to have to bother banning his IPs since he kept switching them, so they just banned the threads instead because it took them away form their hotpockets.

Coindidentally, /qst/ was also made around the same time due to rampant complaints from anons who would do nothing but bitch about both quests and /wst/ all the time and clog up threads.

And thus began the Dark Age of Hiroshima, who betrayed all our hopes for him after he had banned the Dark Lord Virt
>>
>>52499655
All the more so once mythic enlarge person comes online.
>>
>>52499655
Thanks anon, so far we've got...

> T A L L B O Y E S
>Rory Karskys at 6'9"
>Rath at 6'5"
>Etan at 6'1"

IIRC, wasn't Etan the tallest of the FotJR B O Y E s, and I can't remember if it was Casimir or Corwin who was taller in FotJR. I need more heights!
>>
>>52499697
Holy SHIT those are some smol girls.
>>
>>52499654
it gets me a bunch of 0/1st level spells I otherwise wouldn't that I can really play around with and come up with dumb gimmicky/flavorful stuff and an arcane bond

also heaven mystery is pretty awesome and has abilities that scale really well without level investment
>>
>>52499662
I have a completely unfounded belief that lewds hurt romance in games.
>>
>>52499618
Problems with communicating and tact, optimizing to the hilt and pushing others to do the same. They are ok but not without flaws.
>>
>>52499724
you really don't want or need that, you can get access to all of this via Eldritch Heritage for sorc (which you should take, its very strong for the feat-rich summoner)

and getting cursed for some 1st level spells is a bad choice.
>>
>>52499714
I think Corwin is taller. 6'2" or 6'3"?
Mirror World Seht was 6'5"
>>
How do you roll for height?
>>
>>52499734
Lewdness can make or break them, but it doesn't necessarily hurt them in and of itself.

On the one hand, it can bring your characters closer...but on the other, it can really turn you off from seeing them together.

Or it could just not make sense for your character to react positively to lewds, which makes romance a lot harder to believe.
>>
>>52499739
suppose I shoulda mentioned that this game is core + apg only & no archetypes because they wanna keep it simple, so stuff like that is outta my reach

also oracle curse is not even a thing, you can just take haunted where the only actual effect it has on you is that you take a longer time to grab stuff out of a bag and if you drop something it goes flying in a random direction, which are super minor non issues
>>
>>52499748
Depends on race and gender. Human males are 4'10"+2d10", while females are 4'5"+2d10", then adjust for ethnicity. Ulfen and Shoanti are taller, Keleshites are shorter, etc.
>>
>>52499748
depends on race
>>
>>52499744
Not counting HeteroSehtsual Relationships
>All the masculine men in /pfg/ games are over 6' in height
>Most of them are pretty hunky and there's one for most tastes
>t a l l b o y e party when?
>>
>>52499718
>Serigala
>girl

But yeah, they are. This is good to remember just how short Small size really is.
>>
>>52499770
>>52499771

Tiefling. Is there any rule for weight too?
>>
>>52499769
>core + apg only

Christ.
>>
>>52499782
Male or female? Weight is related to height.
>>
>>52499624
Shardwalkers was supposed to be until this week - possibly today
>GM has not touched the threads in over a week however
But It's probably a fake game, and a whole bunch of people have only applied after the GM's stopped answering or responding to anything.
>>
>>52499782
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/

It's right at the top of the page.
>>
>>52499793
casterfag detected
>>
>>52499734

They do, really. But that's mostly because of player attitudes toward lewdness and not wanting to get pigeonholed into one character only for lewds.

The easy solution is noncanon lewds in private, really. But that certainly takes a bit of courage and luck to work up the wherewithal to ever breach that line of politeness.
>>
>>52499803
Argentum is busy moving
>>
>>52499803
No, it's just this >>52499781
Waiting to get your internet set up is suffering.
>>
>>52499808
>casterfag

More like 'oh my god thats the least interesting way to play pathfinder i can imagine especially when all the material is free online right now' fag
>>
>>52499808
What is this even supposed to mean? Casters are fine with just core, it's Martials who need stuff like WMH to work well.
>>
>>52499804

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-tiefling/

Would a slayer count as self-taught or trained?
>>
>>52499808
Wouldn't a casterfag be all for limiting things to as close to core as possible, since that's where the highest Cater-Martial disparity is?
>>
>>52499843
probably self-taught
>>
>>52499843
Look at the category for the parent class and use either one I'd say
>>
>>52499843
Probably self-taught. Rogues are intuitive, Rangers are self-taught, and Slayers rely a lot more on study than just practice, so they should probably err on the more intensive side.
>>
>>52499843
It would be either intuitive or self-taught, since those are the categories of rogue and ranger.
>>
>>52499832
>>52499848
martial are still unplayable even with all the dumb feat chains and archetypes and shit paizo attempts to bandage in because every book also has a billion things for casters

>core or mostly core: casters are gods, martials are shit, game is broken
>access to all SRD material: casters are supergods, martials are mediocre, game is broken

closer to core you have a slightly smaller chance of the wizard/cleric having a spell that specifically defeats whatever situation because how vanacian casting/the way they get spells works means that every single book increases the power of all casters while every book only increases the power of specific martial build(s)

there's no fixing this without introducing 3PP but then you may as well just play a different game entirely
>>
>>52499909
>martials
>unplayable

Taking those tier lists a bit too serious famalampai
>>
>>52499848
Yes.
And traditionally, from even way back in the 3.0 era, those who want this disparity the most will complain that martials destroy balance with "all those splats that overcomplicate and screw with the rules making it incredibly difficult for a GM to keep up" as their excuse for core-only.
>>
File: 7e992d6aa4.png (20KB, 409x494px) Image search: [Google]
7e992d6aa4.png
20KB, 409x494px
PoW erratafags, what is it you actually want to see from DSP regarding the mythical errata? Is it actually errata you want? Because a functional errata would be about ten, maybe 15 pages at MOST. They already printed the books, they can't change much.

And I wouldn't blame them for it, trying to do more and make it well received by the people who bought the book but AREN'T forum snobs like us would be difficult already with a large errata.

From what I can tell, what a lot of people in these threads posting about errata want is... a "Path of War 2nd edition." A system revised from the ground up to not be shitty and broken. DSP is probably not doing that (and there's no way they'd be insane enough to do it for free), so people need to stop getting their hopes up. Realistically, all we'we're getting from the eventual PoW errata is fixes of legitimately broken rules, not real revisions.

Personally I'd like to see a PoW 2e: this time not written by shitters who don't take feedback. But I doubt it'll ever happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>52499927

They're not UNPLAYABLE.

It's just that depending on the kind of game it is, the fighter is most likely to end up playing sidekick/cleanup to the mages who can do things like teleportation, divination, battlefield control, and instadeath.

The fighter has the least narrative impact because all they can really do is hit stuff with a weapon and take hits. They don't even have meaningful skills.
>>
>>52499927
I am posting in response to people talking specifically about caster/martial disparancy and the fact that martials can simply do way less shit and thus are less likely to be able to solve a problem easily or at all, a problem that can only be resolved by the caster players either intentionally not winning all the time, making shit builds that handicap them or heavy DM fiat

there's nothing wrong with any of these things, but to act like they don't exist is foolish
>>
>>52499959
Nerfs to Broken blade, primal fury, and scarlet throne

thats it.
>>
>>52499861
That's ridiculous; rogues should at least be on "self-taught" level. There is a LOT of technical crap to learn for disabling devices, picking pockets and so on. That shit needs a steady hand as fuck.
>>
>>52499961
>>52499963
so this is pure bullshit, got it
>>
>>52499970
DESU Primal Fury's only issue is the Frenzy Strike line interacting with natural weapons.
>>
Should tieflings live 60+ years or 20+years to reach adulthood?
>>
>>52499959
Basically >>52499970
But with slight buffs to tempest gale and piercing thunder.

If you want "boost + full attack" to stop replacing every other option, YOU HAD TO MAKE THE OTHER OPTIONS ACTUALLY GOOD. "Single Attack + Fort or he's dazed next round" FAILS FUCKING HARD compared to just FUCKING KILLING HIM.
>>
>>52500003
they should live based off of their parent race
>>
>>52499984
color spray
>>
>>52499972

Rogues are probably an exception in that they get 'intuitive' because they are FAR more likely to have started their education in rogue skills at a much younger age.

>>52499984

Narrative control is everything, buddy. A GM has to actively work to make fighters relevant otherwise they won't get any spotlight.
>>
>>52500012
>>52500013
So much wrongness.
>>
>>52499909
Okay, here's how it works.
In core only you can play a caster or you can just not play. Banning anything isn't going to help balance at all, because there aren't options.
With everything allowed you can play a caster or you can just not play. But if you allow everything and then ban full casters you now have the world open to you.

That's how this works. Blacklist, don't whitelist.
>>
File: Rory Rath Etan Corwin.png (62KB, 1300x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rory Rath Etan Corwin.png
62KB, 1300x600px
/pfg/'s T A L L B O Y E S

Would you play in this party of giant men?
>>
>>52499961
Or,
Now just hear me out now,
You could play a martial who actually interacts with NPCs, doesn't just fuck off to his tower/lab whenever he's not in combat, and actually ties himself to the plot and world. By doing this, you make yourself a better character than the PCs who just spam fireballs and don't understand how to roleplay.

If your GM doesn't let you have narrative impact after that, he's not worth playing with.
>>
>>52500018

Please tell me why I'm wrong.
>>
File: Bait Rapier.png (52KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Bait Rapier.png
52KB, 500x501px
>>52500018
>wrongness
>2+int skills and all abilities focused on combat

Next you'll tell me that Rogue is a well made class
>>
>>52500021
>playing with a shitty memedog
No thanks.
>>
>>52500034
>>52500037
Wow you know what fixes these things

All the splatbooks that give martials more options and skill points and tools to actually have more narrative impact.

Instead of condemning them to the trashheap by only allowing core

A rising tide raises all ships dummy
>>
>>52500020
>With everything allowed you can play a caster or you can just not play. But if you allow everything and then ban full casters you now have the world open to you.

you get the same effect if you just ban full casters in core, only you have less gimmicky shit paizo shat out to try and throw martials a bone and like I said at that point you may as well just play a different game

pathfinder is caster edition, own up to it or stop playing this shit.

If you want a system where martial characters can pick out form all kinds of crazy abilities and are actually on par with casters with the same amount of twink/number crunch potential pathfinder has, may I suggest anima?
>>
>>52500030
This.
I've been in so many games where the casters were the most boring characters, and so ended up being do-nothing schlubs.

Sure, you can talk forever about how "narrative impact" is supported mechanically, but at the end of the day, the GM's going to value you more for actually being the guy who wants to play an RPG rather than go over paperwork.
>>
>>52500037

4+int and background skills puts fighters in an okay place.

Wizards should get spells known split from INT into another stat, maybe even CHA.
>>
>>52500030

Yeah, but the mages can do this to, and they're better at it with spells that enhance their social abilities, spells that can be used as valuable favors to NPCs, and they can outright charm NPCs who don't want to interact with them.

They also get to tie themselves to the plot and world by having a bigger impact thanks to having spells that let them rewrite reality or break rules.

They have MORE OPTIONS. All a spellcaster is beholden to is ONE FUCKING HOUR of meditation/preparation and 8 hours of sleep that everyone needs anyways.

>>52500058

Spellcasters also got more options and skill points and tools in those books.
>>
>>52500003
Look, there's nothing WRONG with races taking a long time to reach adulthood, except it triggers those who think about pedophilia all the time and thus 'know how disgusting it really is'. (like santorum and gays).

Shit like that 80 year old elf still having the mentality of an 8 year old girl sends them up the fucking walls, because then it means their constant dreams of fucking a 20 year old elf (or a 12 year old tiefling or whatever) is basically toddlercon.

And like any senator in denial about what he's been doing in shady airport bathrooms, THESE CLAIMS ARE AND MUST BE WRONG THE LONG LIVED RACES JUST HAVE THIS UH PERIOD OF TIME WHERE THEY LIKE TO EXPERIMENT BECAUSE THEY'RE COMPLETELY ADULTS AND TOTALLY ARE NOT TAKING THE YOUTH TEMPLATE'S STAT MODS THAT'S JUST YOUR IMAGINATION THEY ARE ADULTS WE DID NOTHING WRONG THEY'RE JUST ON A SABBATICAL THEY ARE ADULTS WE DID NOTHING WRONG THEY ARE ADULTS.
>>
>>52500058
Except like I said those same splatbooks also give casters way more shit, and since casters generally either get all the spells they know for free or just have to find a library (and even then they get to pick the couple best ones automatically on level up) it literally doesn't change things at all except to make casters even more broken

"A rising tide raises all ships" is exactly MY point, if I have a galleon and you have a fucking rowboat, the tide going up is still going to make me way bigger and more effective than you
>>
>>52500083
a rising tide raises all ships.

Does a caster becoming a 'supergod' as you put it really make them that much stronger? Not really their most broken shit was actually in Core.

But what about for martials? It helps a lot.
>>
>>52500053
>Shitty memedog
>Implying we aren't all memes here.
>>
>>52500083
>Martials can do this easily by roleplaying, it's not all mechanics
>But muh mechanics though, shut up though
>>
>>52500095
but the most broken shit was in core anyways.
>>
>>52500064
>pathfinder is caster edition, own up to it or stop playing this shit.
Or. Or, get this. Or. I can. Now listen. Or I can allow 1pp, ban full casters, and have fun playing a Warpriest, Investigator, Bard, UMonk party.
>>
>>52500114
You can do that, sure. Rule 0 is king.
>>
>>52500114

Too bad every time someone proposes a game that's no full casters people get autistic and screech
>>
>>52500114
>only 1pp

But the best system in pathfinder is spheres of power

Its unfortunate spheres of might is such a clusterfuck
>>
>>52500114
>pathfinder isn't caster edition
>now excuse me as I enjoy this team that's 3/4ths casters

lol?

literally all banning full casters does is make 6 level casters the new gods that still invalidate martials because they can do things they cant, especially since all the level 6 casters can fight in melee decently, meaning that one niche a fighter has that a wizard might not is gone
>>
>>52500132
mostly because the 'no full casters' games tend to be accompanied by the world 'low magic'

Which in reality is someone that shouldn't be playing pathfinder.
>>
File: smug.png (318KB, 498x332px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
318KB, 498x332px
>>52499959
>PoW 2e: this time not written by shitters who don't take feedback.

You want Spheres of Might.
>>
>>52500152
>sslarn

Yeah no
>>
>>52500089

The /pfg/ hypothetical silver bullet wizard only works when you have a GM that lets you run over the game. I've played multiple wizards and the ones that are out of control are in the ones where I abused the GM's lack of understanding of the rules so hard that I may as well have been cheating.
>>
>>52500099
>>52500108
the purely broken spells are in core, but splats give them all kinds of situational "this defeats this situation for free" spells to make it so they don't have to just bypass the solution entirely and can still completely dominate the situation, not to mention all the archetypes that basically just give you even more advantages for no real drawback while you still get to keep your broken spells from core
>>
Reminder that roleplaying ability is in no way tied to class choice so saying ”fighters roleplay better" is baseless.
>>
>>52499970
What of scarlet throne needs a nerf? I get that BB has those multistrikes+knuckle boosts that could stand to be at higher levels, may be with less d6s. And Primal has the frenzy cheese with tons of weapons. But what does scarlet actually need nerfing? Zeniths are all I could think of, and they don't even crit or anything.
>>
>>52500083
Who, as a GM, would you actually allow more influence on the narrative? The player who talks to your NPCs, puts some effort and passion into roleplaying, and enjoys fighting the enemies you come up with?

Or the player who spams a ton of spells and goes "I rolled a 42 on Diplomacy, you have to do what I say", then just dumps fireballs and save-or-suck spells on the battle you spent a week planning?
>>
>>52500187
Z E N I T H S T R I K E S

Scarlet Einhander is probably a bit too good
>>
>>52500152
For whatever issues that Elric and ErrantX has with balance, they do actually listen to feedback. Even from the paizo.com boards that they detested.
>>
>>52500163
I think you've responded to the wrong person.

However, other classes have no such need of GM hard-locking so much. Only full casters have abilities that literally go "no, from now on the narrative was like this", and "no, we do know, tell us that". A GM is stuck in the annoying position of the game's rules AND a player's character whom one generally does not want to invalidate, both declaring increasing parts of the narrative for him as their primary ability.
>>
>>52500133
I never said only 1pp, I said "not core only."
>>52500140
There are a few times when a 6th level caster will have as much narrative breaking ability as a wizard. Something like a Magician Bard or a Skald with ESK. There are a few times when a 6th level caster will have as much combat potential as a martial, like a Monster Tactician Inquisitor. But if you want to tell me that a Bard is going to have the same damage ceiling as an UMonk then I want some of whatever you're smoking.
>>
>>52500180
Nobody's saying that. What people are saying is "wizards don't roleplay better than fighters."

They say 3 is less than 4. You say 4 is greater than 2. There is not a contradiction here.
>>
>>52500180
it's beyond baseless and literally the opposite of true because casters have the same or better skill ranks and generally don't have to spread their stats as thin/buff the metal stats

>inb4 ability scores/skills don't matter to roleplaying

they certainly can help, if you don't refer to them ever then you may as well not even play a game with books and rules at all but just purely roleplay and make shit up
>>
>>52500205
but spheres is 3rd party.
>>
>>52500220
>I allow all Paizo
>Why do you ban SoP?
???
>>
>>52500202
Elric didn't listen when we were pointing out Ordained Defender.
Gareth didn't listen when we were pointing out Reflected Blade Style.
>>
>>52500229
but that was pointing out that SoP is the best subsystem in Pathfinder anon
>>
>>52500205
>But if you want to tell me that a Bard is going to have the same damage ceiling as an UMonk

doing damage is the absolute worst way to win fights in pathfinder, a system completely full of "make this saving throw or you're out of the fight and at the other guys complete mercy" and lets you solve literally zero problems besides murder and maybe breaking down a door

you've fallen into the same trap all martial defence force types do. it doesn't fucking matter how much damage your monk does if my magus or bloodrager can just cast color spray and then beat up on the enemies convulsing on the ground
>>
>>52500197
What's wrong with the zenith strikes exactly?

And Einhander is probably okay since you either spend feats/take a PrC to get two-hander like damage again, or just live with less damage.
>>
File: 1477835930000.jpg (44KB, 711x885px) Image search: [Google]
1477835930000.jpg
44KB, 711x885px
>>52500249
When you bring in shit like Path of War or Spheres of Might, damage REALLY IS the best way to fucking kill enemies.

Especially the higher CR ones who'll just laugh at your save DCs.
>>
>>52499701
Wait, they were banned because of Virt? Man that autist got around.
>>
>>52500264
>whats wrong with zenith strikes

free crits for days.
>>
>>52500249

This.

The only reasonable way to make martials comparable to mages in combat is if they have the ability to absolutely shut out attackers or outright DELETE enemies.
>>
>>52500230
But they listened when we pointed out that Golden Lion Stance is the equivalent of two additional martials in the party, when we pointed out that Tempest Gale's 9th is overtuned even for a 9th level maneuver, when we nuked Reach through the Darkness by pointing out the interaction with Soul Hunter and Permaclaim, when we brought Thrashing Dragon style back into reality, and when we literally gutted Harbringer as a class from the overly SAD mess it was at the start, among others.

I concede that there are huge things they didn't listen to when they should have, but they still listened to a lot of the advice coming in however begrudingly, which is more than I can say for Ssalarn.
>>
>>52500230

What's wrong with reflected blade style?
>>
>>52500266
We've been talking about paizo material the whole time, not 3PP. Please keep up.

If you're introducing other companies material into a game to make your concept work, you're better off just playing a system that's built from the ground up to accommodate it.

Again, may I suggest playing anima? Given your kitsune image I imagine you won't be put off by how blatantly weeb it is
>>
>>52500099
>their most broken shit was actually in Core
Sacred Geometry.
>>
>>52500290
It turns broken maneuvers like Steel Flurry Strike and Ruby Zenith Strike into encounter enders.
>>
>>52500307
'What is a universally banned feat'
>>
>>52500307
Sacred Geometry vs. Simulacrum.

FIGHT!
>>
>>52500271
But it doesn't crit, it just pseudo-hits twice, and riven hourglass, mithral current and thrashing dragon all have similar leveled maneuvers that do comparable damage if not more. The only complaint I could see as valid with the zeniths and not those others is the ease of pumping sense motive. Realistically, allowing Power Attack to work with them was a mistake, and the later ones should maybe pose a penalty on the roll.
>>
How tall is the average human?
>>
>>52500302
Why?

Legitimately why? If the material works fine in Pathfinder why should you go to an entirely different system for the concept?

It's like throwing an entire plate of food in the trash because something needed some more salt and remaking it from scratch.
>>
>>52500322
the zenith strike itself is a 'crit' in most cases
>>
>>52500323
5'9" male, 5'4" female
>>
>>52500323
6'5", anything under 6' is manlet territory.

t. /fit/
>>
>>52500320
SIMULACRUM
CLONE
ARMIES
>>
>>52500302

To be fair, the difficulty in keeping certain non-damage abilities relevant IS an issue in 1pp Pathfinder.

Made me a bit hopeful when they said Starfinder DCs will scale better.
>>
>>52500323
Male is 4'10"+11" for 5'9", female is 4'5"+11" for 5'4".
>>
>>52500302
>I imagine you won't be put off by how blatantly weeb it is
Anima is Korean MMO, not anime.
>>
>>52500340
i miss /fitlit/
>>
>>52500249
>bloodrager can just cast color spray
>Bloodragers
>Ever having enough Cha for enemies to fail their save DCs
>>
>>52500238
>SoP is the best subsystem in Pathfinder anon
This is a joke right?
>>
When are we going to see a proud River Lander join Blingmaker and defend the rights of the river while respecting the NAP?
>>
>>52500351
Anima the RPG, dummy.
>>
>>52500322
The only major issue is when they come online, two levels earlier than when you would be getting your next iterative. If every Zenith Strike was pushed back by a level, they would be very much fine.

Otherwise, not being enhanced by haste and technically not being able to crit puts it back in line. It also doesn't multiply bonus damage from stances or boosts, making it a bit more reasonable.
>>
>>52500362
it is though.
>>
>>52500355
>/fitlit/

Wat
>>
>>52500322
I don't think I've ever seen a Zenith strike miss. Even against a counter, they're basically auto-hits except in extraordinary circumstances because of how many bonuses get added to the roll.
>>
>>52500238
That's Psionics.
>>
>>52500335
So does that make dual crash, rapid strike also 'crits'? Why do we get on the case of only one disciplines standard action multistrikes without going after all of them. I don't even think they're mechanically bad ideas, >>52500372 is probably the only actual complaint, but it shouldn't be targeted at ONLY scarlet throne zenith strikes, because other disciplines also get this shit.
>>
>>52500365
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
Who's Golarion's most ancap deity?
>>
>>52500377
yesterday /fit/ and /lit/ were merged
>>
>>52500332
>If the material works fine in Pathfinder why should you go to an entirely different system for the concept?
Because it only "works" in the sense that it's only "objectively weaker and less options in every way" instead of "don't even bother showing up, casters got this" tier because you awkwardly shoehorned in a system that basically just makes your fighter caster jr

To counter your dumb food analogy with another one, it's more like you're at a vegetarian resturant but you really want to eat meat. instead of just going to the nice sneakhouse next door you try to sneak some beef in under your coat and sprinkle it over the food you're given because you're too lazy to go somewhere else or maybe your friends dragged you here because they heard about this place on the internet so it must be good.
>>
>>52500395
no because those require two rolls, they have higher potential but Zenith Strikes almost always hit, they're consistent damage blams.
>>
>>52500400
Is someone who's both a manlet and a brainlet a branlet?
>>
>>52500375
Then you're gonna have to fucking define what you mean by best. It might be fun and creative but any system that allows for a 2 mile zone of Con Damage at level 10 is not OK
>>
>>52500391
I want a Psionics-style power point system and a Spheres of Power "build your own spell" system. It'd be pretty great!

>>52500400
What boards got merged? I know there was /mlpol/ and now /fitlit/ but what else?
>>
File: 1394640255496.png (71KB, 462x320px) Image search: [Google]
1394640255496.png
71KB, 462x320px
>campaign finally gets to lvl 15+
>mfw my character fails one save and dies
so people were not kidding that this is where pf becomes a shit show
>>
>>52500407
>that basically just makes your fighter caster jr
A. WMH already does this
B. Path of War doesn't make fighters "caster jr"
C. There are 3pp supplements that work just fine in Pathfinder without being too weak or too strong or at the very least are more balanced than whats in Paizo books.
>>
>>52500432
/m/ and /o/

/fa/ and /p/

/co/ and /ck/

i think thats all
>>
>>52500432
spheres of power is just a condensed version of Psionic's power point system.
>>
>>52500359
The post I was replying too was talking up the merits of a fucking monk, I don't think suffering from MAD is a viable complaint here.
>>
>>52500432
>build your own spell"
No
>>
>>52500444
/mo/ was pretty great. Initial D and Rider Machines as far as the eye could see.
>>
>>52500411
Once you can get close to 80% hit rate on your first attack, the dual strikes are actually higher damage potential because they double ALL bonus damage, including ones from stances and boosts, as well as precision damage like deadly strike or soulburn.

With something like the +2d8 (+9) negative energy boost from Unquiet Grave and the +2d6 (+7) elemental flux stance, combined with +2d6 (+7) precision damage from stalker, this can add up to a lot of extra damage.
>>
>>52500411
See, I think the two hit thing is a plus and a minus. two hits means that on-hit effects from stances, crits, sneak attack, other things happens twice. Rapid strike from riven is two attacks at full bab, and dual crash from mithral is a full and full-2 attacks. I think /pfg/ severely overrates the zeniths compared to it's equivalent options, probably because 2hu is a fan of the higher accuracy over the damage.
>>
>>52500438
>There are 3pp supplements that work just fine in Pathfinder without being too weak or too strong or at the very least are more balanced than whats in Paizo books.

Which means my original point of "the paizo stuff is still way better, trying to shoehorn all this shit is meaningless" is still 100% true?

"not too weak or too strong" is shit in the face of "overwhelmingly strong"
>>
>>52500450
It really isn't.
>>
>>52500481
It really is
>>
>>52500469
/mo/ was fun times indeed
>>
>>52500315

I mean, if your encounter consists of two enemies?
>>
>>52500475
>hey, this 3pp stuff is way more balanced than core, that's why we like using it
>WELL IT'S WEAKER THAN THE SHIT IN CORE SO ITS SHIT DON'T USE IT

nani
>>
>>52500475
So you ban the paizo stuff that is broken.

When I bring in Psionics or Spheres, that means you're not playing a Wizard or Cleric.
>>
>>52500475
>>52500407
You realize that you aren't forced to play the absolute-strongest thing in a given system, right?
>>
>>52500486
No it's not.
>>
>>52500511
Yes you are.
t. 2hu
>>
>>52500511
>he isn't a competitive Pathfinder player who's a slave to the delete-meta
Fucking unrated plebs, I swear to god, kys.
>>
>>52500511
wrong

t. 2hu
>>
>>52500526
IS TOO IS TOO
>>
>>52500535
>>52500528
2humind
>>
I just like using PoW to feel like a musou game, is that so bad? Maybe I like killing more than one guy every 6-12 seconds.
>>
>>52500444
Speaking of subsystems

Anybody got experience with these?

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/strange-magic
>>
>>52500510
>>52500507
this shit is a race to the bottom, if you ban full casters then instead 6 casters fuck everyone, if you ban them then whatever is next that has the most options is best

it's a fundamental flaw of a class based system that's so focused on giving you tons of options like pathfinder is

>>52500511
the problem is that the best classes are also the ones that can do the most things and thsu can be shaped into the most potential concepts/character ideas

the only people that care about competitive pathfinder are the 3PP fags that feel their character isn't doing enough DPS or some shit so they have to "patch" the game, like it's fucking world of warcraft or something.
>>
>>52500596
I'm fine with allowing Full Manifesters and Full Sphere Casters.

It's full Vanician Casters that absolutely fuck the game up.
>>
>>52500621
they really don't without the player's intent to break the game
>>
>>52500596
>1pp shit is broken as fuck so why bother using 3pp since it's weaker
>people only want 3pp because it makes them stronger

Which is it, Harold. WHICH IS IT?
>>
>>52500655
Maybe, but Vanician a shit anyway.

Took weak if you don't know how to work it and too strong when you do. It's just shit all around and only really makes sense thematically for one or two classes.
>>
guys
dragons
dragons are hard

dragons are hard to kill when they are high level casters
>>
>touch attack
>>
>>52500686
Make the dragon a Full Initiator.
>>
>>52500707
>Linnorms with Roil Dancer levels

Oh boy
>>
>>52500686
People make dragons act like big stupid brutes. Last time I had a dragon scry the party and teleport onto them after casting greater invisibility. First round it cast anti-magic field so the invisibility dropped but the players were stuck in an anti-magic field.

Fuck the party the dragon is gonna try to win every way it can, it knows they're coming.
>>
>get hit by prismatic spray
>roll 7
GOOD BYE!
>>
>>52500316
You know you are helping my case?
>>
File: Salute.jpg (2KB, 100x140px) Image search: [Google]
Salute.jpg
2KB, 100x140px
>>52500749
RIP.
>>
For some reason my scrollwheel stopped workin on 4chan and its triggering the shit out of me.
>>
>>52500749
>not having 7 rerolls available at all times
wow what a fag
>>
>>52500398
>Who's Golarion's most ancap deity?

Unironically Cayden Cailean.

Milani is a close second, but she's the goddess of RIGHTEOUS rebellion.
>>
>>52500840
Milani and Cayden are too Good to be ancap
>>
>>52500855

Are you implying AnCap isn't Good?
>>
>>52500862
Yes
Ancap is easily Chaotic Evil
Selfish and obsessed with self-detemination
>>
>>52500840
Cayden's not aggressive enough to be ancap. Hanspur is who you're looking for.
>>
>>52500893
That sounds more like the epitome of Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil at worst.
>>
>>52500893
>>52500906
Be an antipaladin of Hanspur. Fuck up anyone who infringes on travelers rights
>>
File: Cayden.jpg (35KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Cayden.jpg
35KB, 480x320px
>>52500840
It's perfect. Anyone who tries to stop the sale of alcohol is a tyrant.
>>
>>52500919

Am I being detained? Am I being detained?

I'M NOT RIDING, I'M TRAVELING.
>>
>>52500893
They seem lawful to the NAP.
>>
>Ancap
I don't know what this is and I'm not ashamed to ask.

What's ancap mean in this context?
>>
>>52500955
Anarcho Capitalism
>>
>>52500955
anarcho-capitalists.

AM I BEING DETAINED?
>>
>>52500955
Anarcho-capitalism, the logical conclusion of extreme free market. No roads.
>>
>tfw have no idea if there is an equivalent to Scarlet Throne Style in 1pp

There has to be, right? Surely einhanding can't be this dicked on?
>>
>>52500952
lawful does not mean "follows laws"
lawful is about giving away your freedoms for stability
>>
>>52500979
>roads

TRIGGERED
>>
>>52500948
NO MISTER HELLKNIGHT
I DO NOT CONSENT
I DO NOT CONSENT
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT
NO STOP
NOT THE WHEEL PLEASE
>>
>>52500982
ahahaha
it is.
>>
>>52500911
Neutral Evil is too busy taking every advantage, even selling his freedom for profit to be proper ancap
>>
/pfg/ what's the best way to combine cavalier and bard? Build towards battle herald?

I'm trying not to over optimize because there are a lot of new players in the group.
>>
>>52501024
vmc
>>
Odd request, but does anyone know where I can find the Pathfinder Legends: The Crimson Throne online? I remember the trove used to have some Pathfinder Legends stuff before, but they aren't there now. Even just one of them would be fine just to check it out.
>>
>>52500994

[sound of glass bones shattering]
>>
>>52501024
What elements of the two do you want? Is it just the mount from the cavalier, or the order? The spells of the bard, the skills, or the performance?
>>
>>52500987
Lawfulness is about adherence.
>>
If I have two untyped bonuses from different sources, do they stack?

Let us say I am a Disciple of the Pike Cavalier so I get +1/2 my level to identifying monsters and I am VMC bard so I get +1/2 my level to knowledge checks. Both are untyped, but do they stack?

Basically giving me +my level to knowledge checks to identify monster, but only increasing every even level.
>>
What would be the alignment of someone like Cao Cao?
>>
>>52501065
yes
>>
>>52501056
No, not really.
Having an alignment itself is adherence.
Commitment along does not make lawful
Or there would be nothing but lawful people
>>
>>52501065
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/glossary/#Bonus
>Bonuses without a type always stack, unless they are from the same source.
>>
>>52501054
>>>52501024 (You)
>What elements of the two do you want? Is it just the mount from the cavalier, or the order? The spells of the bard, the skills, or the performance?

Mostly the mount and the ability to stand in front when necessary, but I want to be mostly in a support role so the new players can shine. Maybe Bard-Cav VMC?
>>
>>52501075
>>52501102
Are there any sorcerer bloodlines that interact with knowledge skills? Or anything else that gives 1/2 level to knowledges?

I'm gonna be the most knowledgeable mother fucker ever to walk this earth.
>>
Can you be an outcast among outcast?
>>
>>52500998
Well, into the trash goes yet another idea. Unless I can convince my GM to allow Scarlet Throne Style, minus the initiation requirement.
>>
>>52501155
>>52501155
Yes.
>>
>>52501083
But aren't the monk philosophies all over the place? I hardly see them bringing stability unless the stability is a personal one stemming from attachment to their philosophies.
>>
>>52501153
not really, no
>>
>>52501071

Chaotic Evil.
>>
>>52501155

Compare furries to diaperfur, or 4chan to Bronies.

Compare lepers to outcasts.
>>
>>52501232
That's because monks being lawful is retarded

That being said they do have their monasteries and schools to be attached and dedicated to.
>>
>>52501151
Cavalier with Bard VMC doesn't sacrifice any spellcasting in taking Battle Herald, and you get a good will save out of it.
>>
>>52501232
Monk philosophy is giving in to the flow of the universe
They relinquish their own agency to the fate of the teaching.
>>
>>52501151

I should also add I like the party buffs from tactician and banner, and the cavalier conceptually fits the character I have in mind. (Limited) spellcasting would be gravy.
>>
>>52501287
but /mlpol/ was a place of friendship and happiness!
>>
>>52501325

Oh, it was about as vibrant as London.
>>
>>52501364
/pol/ is a board of peace.
>>
>>52501435

>Go to Nirmathas
>Get leg blown off
>>
What's your character goal?
>>
>>52501520
Of my two...

One wants to survive the current campaign so he can go back to doing... Well, literally whatever he wants.

The other just wants to make loads of money.
>>
File: dont_awoo.jpg (9KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
dont_awoo.jpg
9KB, 202x250px
>>52499618
unpaid fines
>>
>>52501520
Acquire waifu, father many children, become rich, lord if over those bastards who drove him from his home
>>
>>52501520

Find a daddy
>>
> look at fangwood game
> no character ideas coming to mind

Suffering.
>>
>>52501520
Go on adventures and get stronger with his Waifu while seeing and tasting the wonders of the world.
or
Come to terms with the fact that she'll never love him and do the above by himself.
>>
>>52501520

Reclaim the lost kingdom of his ancestors and have wild parties with the fey.
>>
>>52501601

Your character lost a leg, and has joined the Lost Legs League.
>>
>>52501023
>even selling his freedom for profit

And then just bailing once you get paid because you're NE and you don't give a fuck.
>>
>>52501520

Become Lord Protector of the Realm and usurp the crown.
>>
>>52501638
Yeah but that just makes you a jerk, not ancap
>>
>ywn have a shoanti maid girl who is all muscle but doesn't have a mean or boisterous bone in her body
>ywn have a bombastic half-drow girl who does silly poses and wears gaudy clothes
>ywn have an ulfen hunk to bully you

Why live anons
>>
File: DM allowed DSP.webm (3MB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
DM allowed DSP.webm
3MB, 427x240px
Alright, I was bored, so decided to try and rebalance most of the Path of War maneuvers as HOMEBREW:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yTVzfUGX15SXWdrd0QnHUYyTBxRWbQhlyqRglNdZq3s/edit?usp=sharing
REMINDER THAT THIS IS HOMEBREW.
>>
>>52501661

Petyr no.

No Petyr no.
>>
>>52501520
To make them give back his past
>>
>>52501722

I want to bully the HECK outta you!
>>
>>52501520
True absolute goals? That's a bit uncertain. Currently it's getting a decent gig to make some coin while finding a safe place to practice her experiments and researching more in arcane magic. End goal is to hopefully start a necromancy guild dedicated to it's research.

>also lods-ofe-mone.
>>
>>52499229
Does the Doll spit or swallow?
>>
>>52501520
Bring order to everywhere there is none.
>>
>>52501781
>google docs
Thanks for blocking me from seeing it, shitbird.
>>
>>52500976
I thought the 'am I being detained' idiots were the Sovereign Citizen movement.
>>
>>52501900
>ching chong i am chinaman ree ree why does the rest of the world use this thing thats blocked by my government
>>
>>52501868
Well, he DID just say she'd spit you out. So clearly... She spits. Which is a shame. I like watching them swallow and say how much they enjoy the taste.
>>
>>52501914
those guys are an-caps
>>
>>52501868
there's only one way to find out
>>
>>52501921
I am Mary's player and while I say spitters are quitters WWW isn't lewd specific
>>
>>52501977
That doesn't mean that intraplayer relations won't develop. And you might enjoy some private one-on-one RP sessions with a special someone from the game.

Or you may not. Do as you please, cap'n.
>>
>>52501977
I am going to fucking ruin that Doll WWW doesn't rule out out-session lewds
>>
>>52502013

Show of hands, is there a player in your current game you want to pull aside for a private session and why haven't you asked them?
>>
>>52502142
I'm not in any games yet and my campaign is still starting. :B
>>
>>52502142
There were a number of them but then they all already pulled me aside first before I could ask
>>
>>52502142
I assume there's no need to show hands if we've already had a couple of "private" sessions. And I do mean "private."
>>
>>52501900
>Democracy
>>
>>52502142

Yes.

I'm too polite(and anxious) to do so, and I think they're only into girls and don't want to deal with a negative reaction.
>>
>>52501781
>One homebrewer does PoW errata out of boredom
>DSP can't do it over the course of years
W E W
E
W
>>
>>52502142

All I want

Is to hear that ding

And read that player wanting their cute girl to do very uncute things with my character.
>>
File: reimu disapproval.png (90KB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
reimu disapproval.png
90KB, 420x314px
>>52502250
>mfw someone thinks that lewd can't be cute.
>>
File: PZO Ironfang WERERAPTORS DUDE.png (487KB, 460x734px) Image search: [Google]
PZO Ironfang WERERAPTORS DUDE.png
487KB, 460x734px
I want to play a Wereraptor RIGHT NOW.
but is it a dinosaur raptor or an actual birb raptor
>>
>>52502304
Birb raptor.
>>
>>52502304
birb
>>
>>52502304
It appears to be a bird-raptor, which makes sense since it specifies feathers and a beak attack.
>>
>>52502291

>Implying the broke shrine maiden has any right to say what is or is not lewd and cute.

I wonder if any of the meme games have already had private logs!
>>
>>52502350
I can guarantee that PLD has private logs.
>>
>>52502357

A
R
E
>>
>>52502350
Yeah, dragons 2. They're in the archives.
>>
>>52502369

Nobody wants to read what happened with Gloriana and a Huge-sized alpha werewolf.
>>
File: top kek forty.png (803KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
top kek forty.png
803KB, 600x600px
>>52502378
>>
>>52502369
I don't think you understand what private means, anon.
>>
>>52502378
I mean outside of that incident Dragons2 has an impressive number of lewd minds

I'm sure more logs will happen.
>>
>>52502319
>>52502320
>>52502341
I had assumed so, but "dude raptors TOTALLY HAVE FEATHERS" and "BIRDS ARE DINOSAURS" has been a thing people kept thrusting at my face before these things showed up, so I gotta be sure.

I wonder what class these things would be good with. I'm tempted to do a Vivectionist Alchemist since they have fuckin' TALONS, but there's just so many possibilities.
>>
Ugh...writer's block.
>>
>>52502398

Yes we do.
>>
>>52502425
HUNTERS
>>
>>52502430

Make a mighty birdadin, then.

>>52502425
>>
>>52502451
>-Cha race
>Paladin

Warpriest I could see
>>
>>52502451
Nah, it's for my application to the pfg Ironfang Invasion one. I'm having writer's block trying to rewrite my character's background.
>>
>>52502369
I refuse.
>>
>>52502425
Raptor always means birds first.
>>
>>52502446

I'll admit it was really fucking hot, but it's a bit too graphic to pastebin here, even in relation to the LAST time a pastebin was released.
>>
File: Velociraptor_with_feathers.jpg (211KB, 1440x875px) Image search: [Google]
Velociraptor_with_feathers.jpg
211KB, 1440x875px
>>52502425
I mean, it's not like they're wrong. And it's not like they make raptors any less terrifying if they're coming at you.
>>
>>52502350

I would pay money to see the inevitable Onryou/Seht logs.

That boy's gonna climb that mountain.
>>
>>52502503
It'll be adorable after i cast winter feathers on it!
>>
Hey, /pfg/. I'm looking for arms.
Namely, I'm looking for something that'll give a character two extra arms. They don't have to be able to grant extra attacks or bonus attacks, just hold things and possibly attack with the things they're holding subject to normal TWF limits.
Can be 3.5 content or PF content.
Best I have so far is Girallion's Blessing from the Spell Compendium, a 3rd level spell. Would be 54k for a continous magic item. Anybody able to undercut that?
>>
>>52502357
Wow, as an actual PLD player, this is a surprise to me!
>>
>>52502531
Alchemist discovery, vestigal arm

Aegis class.
>>
File: 1419781224151.jpg (51KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1419781224151.jpg
51KB, 640x426px
>>52499435
So is she being hurt or what the fuck.
Fucking japs and their messed up ideas of what different emotions mean.
>>
>>52502524
But Seht is already married. To an NPC no less.
>>
>>52502553
This is probably bait....

No. she's not being hurt. She's most likely being driven to orgasm by someone she loves via ear stimulation alone.
>>
>>52502425
>LACK BEAKS
>ART HAS A BEAK
>HAS A BITE ATTACK

WHAT
>>
>>52502553
Ear massages are almost always portrayed as erotic for kemonomimi. She's gettin' her dick rubbed.
>>
>>52502595
bite attacks apply to beaks too
>>
>>52502595
That's for SKINWALKERS, anon. That art is for regular wereraptors.
>>
>>52502595
FUCK DUDE I DUNNO, SHIT'S MAGIC OR SOMETHIN'
>>
>>52502599
You missed the point anon-kun.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
>>52502595
>>52502607
Well, maybe the art is actually a Tengu Aerieborn Skinwalker?
>>
>>52502607
Then where the fuck are they getting the bite attack from? They've got normal humanoid faces but inexplicable get a bite for no reason?
>>
>>52502617
I am not a clever man
>>
>>52502557
>married
He hasn't consummated it yet. Hasn't even announced a courtship.
He's currently hiding in the stables from Ven.
>>
>>52502425
Am I insane or are those racials really good?
>>
>>52502659
Didn't he consummate it when he Eiffel Towered her?
>>
File: is this juden for real.png (755KB, 820x461px) Image search: [Google]
is this juden for real.png
755KB, 820x461px
>>52502588
>>52502596
So why the fuck is she crying then and has the expression of a iraqi girl that's seen her entire family napalmed?

psycho artist needs to be all jailed
>>
>>52502690
ahegao is a hell of a drug anon
>>
>>52502661
T A L O N S
A L O N S T
L O N S T A
O N S T A L
N S T A L O
S T A L O N

They're pretty fucking good, anon
>>
Can a dhampir and dwarf have children? Asking for the financial security of my character's family's fortune.
>>
>>52502501
Do it anyways after you get permission, anon
>>
>>52502661
GEE ANON I DON'T KNOW +7 PERCEPTION AT LEVEL 1 WITH ZERO INVESTMENT? SEEMS GOOD.
>>
>>52502720
Are you the dwarf or the dhampir?
>>
>>52502142
Not in any that I'm currently in per say. Looking forward to the future games though.
>>
>>52502720
someone get the chart
>>
>>52502720
I thought dhampir were completely infertile.
>>
File: but-why.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
but-why.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>>52502720
>>
File: fuck this gay earth (2).gif (497KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
fuck this gay earth (2).gif
497KB, 250x140px
>mfw I seem to be the only person in this thread who'd never leak a private session log
>>
>>52502748
I'm the dwarf. Gonna get married because I need an heir and this dhampir may or may not be my only option.
>>
>>52502687
No. She pushed him onto a bed, he resisted, Ven came in, he slipped out, Ven cornered him with a shotgun, he said he needed to buy her a horse and slipped out.
>>
>>52502806
nobody has leaked any logs

except for rory
>>
>>52502810
hahaha

Shayliss is always a funny event
>>
>>52502821
>WHERE DOES IT GO?
>>
>>52502807
>Indeed, this hypothesis is strengthened by dhampirs’ seeming inability to reproduce, their offspring inevitably humans (usually sorcerers with the undead bloodline).

Dhampirs leave humans behind, so I assume that your child will be a human/dwarf hybrid (mul)
>>
How do you handle clever players who play in smart and unexpected ways?
>>
>>52502845
THAT'S NOT WHERE THAT GOES!
>>
>>52502857
I tell them they're not welcome at my table. Stay on the rails or fuck off.
>>
>>52502881
I note the sarcasm.
>>
>>52502853
Mul, huh? Where can I find that race?
>>
>>52502909
Not a clue. Maybe one of the blood forges? They used to be a darksun race, I don't know if they got converted over
>>
>>52502857

I let the players 'win' whenever they pull out anything truly clever. I have an unlimited number of ways to mess with them - they can have their day.
>>
>>52502906
Yeah. What am I supposed to do? Their clever plans succeeding or failing grandly is its own reward. It's more about what I don't do, which is try and shut them down just because.
>>
>>52502810

Seht still needs to wiser minds about that, see what he can do.
>>
File: 1449987715532.gif (168KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1449987715532.gif
168KB, 600x450px
>>52502642
I...

Hm.
>>
>>52502746
+7?

I'm only seeing +5. 4 from racial, 1 from Wisdom.
>>
>>52502977
I know it's not what you meant, but Seht's actually one of the wiser minds in SotJR. He and Casimir both have 14 Wis, and only Onryou is higher with 17.
Even better, Mori is right in the middle with 13.
>>
>>52503040
+2 from racial as well. Skill bonuses.
>>
File: Bloodborne Laughter Stops.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne Laughter Stops.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>52503040
>>52503054
Wait, don't racial bonuses not stack
>>
>>52503066
>With the exception of dodge bonuses, most circumstance bonuses, and racial bonuses, only the better bonus of a given type works
>>
>>52503066
... Christ you're right
>>
>>52503084
oh nevermind we're good.

I didn't know racials stacked, i assumed they didn't
>>
>>52503040
>+4 racial
>+2 wis
>assuming you pump Wis, = Wis bonus of at least 3, maybe 4
>>
>>52503101
No they have another +2 racial

Birbs can see into eternity.
>>
>>52503042
Speaking of wise minds

>MEMEDOG HAS EIGHTEEN WISDOM
>EXPLOSION RAT HAS TWENTY INTELLIGENCE
>TITTY MONSTER HAS TWENTY CHARISMA

This is going to be fun
>>
>>52503120
I mean it makes sense. Birbs actually do have some of the best eyesight in the animal kingdom
>>
>>52503120
But only the higher racial counts.

So they have +4 Racial to Perception.
>>
>>52503148
see
>>52503084
>>
>>52503084
oh cool, good to know.

>tfw tempted to make birb dex-UMonk
>don't want to waste this golden opportunity to have MOTHERFUCKIN' TALONS
>natural attacks are fucking WASTED on monks
>this leaves just the Perception bonus, which is pretty fuckin' great, but is just more +'s
FUCK

>>52503148
Racial bonuses are one of the exceptions to that
>>
>>52503148
False. Racial, circumstance, and dodge bonus stacks. See http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/glossary/#Bonus and >>52503084
>>
Blingmaker is hard to come up with ideas for. Gilded is bizarre to imagine, sort of makes me feel like I'm a Diablo 3 character.
>>
>>52503210
You don't start with the Gilded template, so I don't see how that's a problem, it shouldn't affect your backstory or personality. Or do you mean it's hard to figure how it should affect your personality when you do get it?
>>
>>52503172
>Feather domain wereraptor druid
>20 wis (+5) class skill (+4) racial (+6) skill focus (+3) domain (+1) trait (+1)
>Take Boon companion when you get a companion to get the best of both druid worlds

+20 perception modifier at level 1!
>>
>>52503266
>skill focus
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52503279
>Caster Druids
>Needing their feats for anything more than Spell Focus (Conjuration) and Augment Summoning

lmao
>>
>>52503172
Unchained Monk doesn't state that natural attacks can't be used during a flurry.
>>
>>52503210

Gilded just means... You know what, I'm not sure what it means, but that Custom Ability sure seems exciting!
>>
>>52503307
True, but they're still vastly inferior to just... Using unarmed strikes, unless you REALLY DESPERATELY NEED something to get through DR/slashing
>>
>>52503266
my god.
>>
>>52503210
>>52503315
gild·ed
adjective

1) covered thinly with gold leaf or gold paint.
"an elegant gilded birdcage"

2) wealthy and privileged.
"he saw plain, decent boys transformed to gilded, roistering youths"

Probably more likely to mean the second in this case since the DM hasn't said anything about Gilded creatures having golden skin.
>>
>>52503266
Christ
what deities have Animal and/or Feather domain?
>>
>>52503401
Pazuzu.

Pazuzu druids!
>>
>>52503429
PAZUZU
>>
File: Benji.jpg (2MB, 2981x3055px) Image search: [Google]
Benji.jpg
2MB, 2981x3055px
>>52503210
Imagine the Gilded template like a totem spirit from Old World of Darkness. Every one in the group basically has a totem to the O'Mighty Dolla'.

And he's pretty bad ass, the spirit straight up is Uncle Sam smoking a Bane wrapped cigar.
>>
>>52503341
You can use them in addition to your unarmed strikes, so unless you're GM's using critical fail rules (in which case you have bigger problems) I don't see why you wouldn't want two extra attacks.
>>
>>52503436
NOW YOU'VE DONE IT
>>
>>52503438

I don't believe you!
>>
File: KonoMegumin.jpg (94KB, 800x698px) Image search: [Google]
KonoMegumin.jpg
94KB, 800x698px
>>52503444
Wait, you can flurry and use natural weapons with Unchained Monk? Seriously?
>>
>>52503210
Make a character first, they're not going to start with gilded.

Besides, if it's the kind of game you actually want to play, the GM's going to pick for something other than MUH MONEY MEEMS
>>
How does versatile performance work if I also have inspiration? Inspiration seems to apply at the end of a check, so part of me thinks I could make a perform oratory check for sense motive with expanded inspiration and get 1d20+1d6+ranks+3+cha+misc, is that right?
>>
File: Pazuzu.jpg (151KB, 999x1290px) Image search: [Google]
Pazuzu.jpg
151KB, 999x1290px
>>52503436
>>52503429
WHAT DO YOU WANT
>>
>>52503478
Normal monk has the, "A monk with natural weapons cannot use such weapons as part of a flurry of blows, nor can he make natural attacks in addition to his flurry of blows attacks," clause.

Unchained Monk does not. Now if that's intentional or just an oversight, I'm not sure. As written though, there's nothing preventing the use of natural attacks with FoB.
>>
>>52503524
A good harpy waifu, b0ss!
>>
>>52503524

GIMME A DOLLAR.
>>
>>52503524
Imma need about tree fiddy.
>>
File: Proof.png (86KB, 662x523px) Image search: [Google]
Proof.png
86KB, 662x523px
>>52503460
I shit you not. My GM likes to make him look like Uncle Sam, but he totally is like this in the core books.
>>
>>52503524
I wanna LE Candle of Invocation!
>>
>>52503491
Pretty much.
>>
File: 1453407364475.jpg (127KB, 450x576px) Image search: [Google]
1453407364475.jpg
127KB, 450x576px
Can someone offer a few reaction images? My coffers are getting dangerously stale around these parts.
>>
File: bad.gif (851KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
bad.gif
851KB, 500x272px
>>52503584
>>
File: 1490907930297.jpg (97KB, 728x752px) Image search: [Google]
1490907930297.jpg
97KB, 728x752px
>>52503584
>>
File: elwesrobinhood.gif (452KB, 350x189px) Image search: [Google]
elwesrobinhood.gif
452KB, 350x189px
>>52503584
>>
>>52503266
Notably, this means that birb droods are one of the few humanoids capable of seeing a sneaky Goblin with all of their bullshittery when it comes to DEX and Stealth-Stacking.
>>
>>52503558
Now, if I'm a musetouched aasimar, does the +2 perform work on sense motive checks done with versatile performance?
>>
>>52503691
Yes. Same for Seasinger merfolk.
>>
>>52503691
It doesn't. Only bonuses to your Perform apply.
>>
>>52503737
>>52503738
ruh roh
>>
>>52503691
>>52503738
Fuck I can't read. Yes, bonuses to Perform apply. Any bonuses to the skills being replaced by Versatile Performance don't.
>>
>>52503738
Versatile performance means using Perform checks to perform (heh) other skill checks, you dreg
>>
>>52503752
It actually replaces the bonus on a check with your sense motive check. The clarification is important for the Inspiration thing the anon wanted.
>>
>>52503748
>>52503752
What would the Versatile Performance skills for Sexual Techniques be? Just the same as Dance, perhaps?
>>
>>52503584
>>
>>52503770
it depends if you're using your mouth, fingers or naughty parts more to perform the act
>>
Is it inherently slutty to be a Polearm Dancer?
>>
>>52503835
yes
>>
>>52503770

I'd actually say the Versatile Performance skills for Sexual Technique would be Sense Motive and Sleight of Hand, since the former is your character's ability to "read" your lover and the latter is for actually being good with your fingers.

>>52503835

Depends on how sensual your dance is, or how little you're wearing, anon.
>>
>>52503835
Stripper jokes aside, no.

That said, I should make my next character a Chippendales dancer with a long, thick spear.
>>
Okay guys, tell me.

I need to design an NPC, and I'm not sure what class and race he should be. Or in which campaign he goes. I really don't have much yet.

All I know is his theme song and that he has to awaken his masters
>>
Shayliss should become a recurring NPC for all of RotJR.
>Chases them all the way to Minkai
>Hits level 20 before them
>Still trying to snag Seht
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7OLG9hg4CQ
>>
>>52503968

OH SHIT, IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE?
>>
>>52503968
And you're not going to post his theme song? Assuming it's not just the Pillar Men theme.
>>
>>52503979
Yes, you motherfucking bet it is a motherfucking jojo reference

I'm going to force-feed my players bad memes until they fucking like it it's been working pretty well so far
>>
>>52503973

Shayliss should become a travel companion and keep all the men in the caravan company.
>>
>>52504004
Why would it be anything else though? The mix options available kinda break immersion a bit too hard even for memes.
>>
File: holy shit.jpg (180KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
holy shit.jpg
180KB, 960x960px
>>52503979
>>
>>52503968
Wind kineticist gestalted with either unchained monk, or unarmed warder/stalker if PoW is allowed. Maybe swap one of those for some kind of sorcerer or psion.

You'll need a custom race if you want to make a Pillar Man, but tone it down unless you want most of his CR to be tied up in racial abilities and racial hit dice.
>>
Any games still recruiting with Avowed in play?
>>
>>52503266
Empiricist Investigator Wereraptor could get an edge at level 3 by getting Fey Obedience (Magdh), pushing +26 passive perception then easily, but Druid would catch up by level 8 due to their domain.

The druid with no other investment gets, at level 10, 10 skill ranks + 3 CS + 6 skill focus + 5 domain + 1 trait + 6 racial + 6 wis getting +37 perception, and then you can slap eyes of the eagle and a +4 wis headband for +44 without anything else, basically negating invisibility.

Caw caw bird sees forever
>>
>>52504039
Weird Outsiders of all kinds are very much on the table, so racials are all A-OK.
>>
>>52504068
>fey obedience (magdh)

S T O P
>>
New Thread:

>>52504081
>>52504081
>>52504081
>>
>>52503968
Play it straight and see how long it takes the PCs to notice. Have the leader of X Nation say "We have reason to believe that there's a Vampire fucking shit up, go to place and stop it" PCs go to X location, fight pussy shit Santana and get a clue to the real location and how to beat these things. Then when they get to the real location AWAKEN MY MASTERS and it turns out the party is ill equipped to fight 3 Mythic Vampires with various templates

>Captcha had a picture of a Little Ceasers
>>
>>52504229
>>52503968
Honestly, I'd say Pillar Men and Jojo Vampires are some sort of Abberation with traits similar to undead.
>>
>>52504328
Did you mean the unearthly cross between a vampire, doppleganger, and ooze?
Thread posts: 439
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.