[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Typical Games Workshop Employee Horror Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 38

File: GW Employee Faggot.jpg (2MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
GW Employee Faggot.jpg
2MB, 3456x2592px
Hey there! My name's Andy, welcome to Games Workshop, are you interested in Warhammer?

>Yeah I mean, I had like a beginner's kit when i was ju-

Thats great, let me just put a latest edition Codex aside for you

>Oh... ok.

There are tons of really cool armies you can collect, were you thinking of playing Fantasy or 40K?

>Well the Dark Eldar really caught my attention after some pict-

OH, Dark Eldar? They are just super bad right? Let me just put these aside for you, *adds Path of the Renegade, Path of the Incubus, Path of the Archon, Path of the Dark Eldar, The Masque of Vyle, to basket*

>Uhh, ok I really wasn't looking to spend much today I was actually just here to brows-

Hey thats really cool man, have a look at these, did you know there are 30 armies you can collect in 40K? I'd really recommend starting with some Kabalite Warriors, does that sound good?

>Well yeah actually that does sound pretty good I mean its not such a huge commitm-

Alrighty then lets just put this to one side *adds Voidraven Bomber, some Razorwing Jetfighters and Reavers*

>Hey what's that?

Oh im just moving some things around, anyway, you'll definitely need paints with that

>Yeah, what would you recommend?

Lets see here, we have *adds every paint in the fucking shop including inks, primers, cans, washes, base paints, etc, also the overpriced heap of shit Games Workshop modelling tools*

Alrighty sir will you be paying by cash or card?

>*Leaves shop never to return again, goes online, buys what he needs there*
>>
>>52496289
>Go to games workshop
>Buy my stuff
>"you need any paint, primer, glue, brushes anything you forgot?"
>"no"
>"cash or debit?"
>pay
>leave
FUCKING GAMES WORKSHOP
>>
>>52496488
Every fucking time brother.
>>
>>52496488
There's something about their personality, it almost forces you to buy something, jedi mind tricks taught at the GW headquarters.
>>
>>52496488
It's like these horror stories are sheltered man children who only know how to talk big online...

Extra models kids, just say no and ignore the staff if you don't want to talk them.
>>
File: eye.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
eye.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>Go to local store
>"Hello, welcome, is there anything I can help you with today?"
>No
>"Alright just let me know if you have any questions"
How do these people sleep at night?
>>
>go to GW to get some paint
>guy asks "so what're you working on?"
>"what? Oh, nothing warhammer"
>"oh cool, whats that then"
>"huh, some Malifaux stuff"
>"Cool, I have some Neverborn stuff"
>proceed to have a quiet conversation about Malifaux despite it being job to sell Warhammer

FUCKING GAMES WORKSHOP
>>
>>52496289
>go to games workshop
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>wait, games workshop is a store and not just a game developer

FUCKING GAMES WORKSHOP
>>
>>52496522
Standard sales techniques. Who cares if it scares people off as long as you meet your quota?
>>
File: 1490559919128.jpg (106KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
1490559919128.jpg
106KB, 257x368px
>>52496289
>Go to GEEDUBYA
>Hi how can I help you my dude?
>Got any round bases my guy?
>Yes what size my buddy?
>32mm son
>Here you go. By the way tournament and painting contests coming up if you wanna join here, heres a copy of the dates
>Thanks my dude
>pay for bases
>leave
>>
>>52496289
If you actually get roped in like that, that is your fucking fault. If you don't have the ability to say, directly, to another adult, "no thank you, I am just browsing and will let you know if I have questions" you are the problem and a rube, not the salesperson who is literally just doing their job. Also since when do retail employees set corporate policy?
>>
I once walked into one of these stores and the guy running the place was beating his kid.

:|
>>
>>52498756
Why didn't you step in and help the guy smack-down on his kid?

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>52496289
>go into a Games Workshop
>No fat neckbeards gangraping a preteen girl chanting "OLD ENOUGH TO BLEED, OLD ENOUGH TO BREED"
>fucking leave
>>
File: 1483153622535.png (194KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1483153622535.png
194KB, 411x412px
>walk into GeeDubs
>chill looking redshirt with a long braided beard look up at me
>"Hi there, how's your day going?"
>Pretty good, how about you
>"I'm fine, thanks. Is there anything I can help you with?"
>just picking up some paints today
>"Neat, let me know when you're ready"
>Proceed to pick out my paints, ask him what the new 'codex grey' color is called
>have a fun conversation about metal bands, movies, and video games.
>buy my stuff, wish him a good day, and leave
>get home, look in bag
>i forgot to pick up one other paint because I was focused on the conversation with the chill gw employee

FUCKING GAMES WORKSHOP
>>
>>52499345
I remember that spam.
>>
>>52496289

> Games Workshop acknowledging Fantasy.

You lost me there.
>>
>>52496289
>walk into Games Workshop
>greeted by the staff, exchange pleasantries
>sit in the back and goob for the next three hours with other nerds
>make fun of the new Citadel brand tweezers
>shop closes for lunch
>"See you next week!"

Horror stories are for faggots.
>>
>>52496289
>go to local GW
>it closed years ago
>go to flgs
>they stopped selling GW in favor of Warmahordes
>go to other flgs
>only sells paint and starter sets and will order anything you want from GW website, charging store markup
>go to other other flgs
>they closed

The former GW store manager gave everyone in the store his employee discount as a final "fuck you" to head office... Was a pretty cool guy actually.
>>
>New to hobby
>Go to GW
>Hey how are you today, looking for anything in particular
>Say I'm a beginner so I'm not sure
>Shown start collecting boxes
>Pick out orks
>Offered free painting lessons that improve my skills ten fold
>Offered free playing lessons to learn the game.
>Have thoroughly good time painting and playing at my local store while talking to other customers and staff about the hobby and pretty much all other subjects.

Fucking nightmare.
>>
>have never, ever, in my life, gone to a GW store
>only go to FLGS
>all close one-by-one
>have to drive to dangerous neighborhood for the last remaining hobby shop within 25 mins
>they're an awesome place
>play 40k there
>getting late one night
>everyone in the store hears loud popping sounds from outside
>store owners get antsy
>"okay guys, we're just going to lock the door and everyone should remain quiet for a few minutes"
>spend next 15 minutes silent and in the dark

FUCKING GAMES WORKSHOP
>>
Fuck me, the GW shills are out in force today.
>>
>>52501964
>waaaaaaaaa people are not agreeing that gw is shit reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
i like this thread
>>
>>52501964
Been in this hobby for 15 years and I can count on one hand the number of times I've met a genuinely obnoxious, pushy staff member. Most of them get drummed out pretty quickly because they just drive people away instead of creating more sales.
>>
FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
File: reeeee.jpg (4KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
reeeee.jpg
4KB, 224x225px
>>52496289
>Be working at Games Workshop
>Fa/tg/uy walks in
>It's the Fa/tg/uy I have heard about
>It's an old Games Workshop Myth
>He quietly grab his stuff and comes to me
>It's thousand dollars worth of taus holy shit
>Try to stay calm
>"Would you like some additional p-"
>shouldnothavesaidthat.jpg
>Autistic screeching of intensity never before seen on earth
>>
>>52501964

I kno rite? I miss the dank epic memes about le evil GW manager, trying to sell people Wood Elves when they just wanted to buy a Space Marine Rhino, truly epic, epic for the win.
>>
>>52499345
>"OLD ENOUGH TO BLEED, OLD ENOUGH TO BREED" and not "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, TAMPONS FOR THE TAMPONS THRONE"
Missed opportunity for that clearly fake story, but that would require the writer to have a sense of humor.
>>
>>52502597
Cringe
>>
>leave my house
>someone makes eye contact with me
>tip my fedora over my eyes to break eye contact as i run to the store
>run for one block, get tired, walk the rest of the two blocks
>walk into GW store
>"Hi sir welcome to..."
"REEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
>run home
>actually walk home, still tired from when I was running earlier

Games Workshop man, fucking hell.
>>
>>52503767
Hey there whoah. You took it too far. This thread WAS funny til you posted and crossed the line.
>>
>>52504032
This was supposed to be a humor thread? You making fun of me?
>>
>>52504048
Yeah you ruined the fun. Gotta go I'm afraid.
>>
>>52504069
Hey I'm trying be be That Guy, but you out-That Guy'd me.
>>
>GW store employee recommends Nids or Orks to a newcomer
>start throwing a huge autismfit how these armies are fucking shit
>get banned

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>52504100
nah there's no "it was merely an act" here kid you've been caught out and you're trying to backtrack.
>>
>>52496289
>How are you today?
>What are you painting?
>Anything else I can get you?

Not a deal breaker, just annoying when you are in a rush that you basically have to blow them off three times to leave you alone.
>>
To troll GW people should ask the store guys why they ended WFB
>>
>>52504158
to make place for the superior and more selling setting that is Age of Sigmar
>>
>>52504174
>more selling setting
Is that GW approved English?
>>
>Go to Games Workshop
>Buy paint
>Drink paint
>Changed formula in their paints, tastes like shit now

The fuck Games Workshop?
>>
>>52504158
I kinda trolled them last week.
>visit local GW
>staff member approaches me and asks what I'm there for
>paint, grey and beige
>"cool! What army is it?"
>"Saxons"
>"oh right you'll need.....Saxons?"
>start talking about Saxon minis
>doesn't know what to say
>trying to talk about GW minis
>>
>>52504294
This, every time I go in there. I don't paint GW minis, but I do buy some of their paints. Still though, the employees there seem to know the more common games and are big into kickstarters
>>
>>52496289
I know its a caricature of a GW shop, but the first time I went, it basically went like that. The guy at the cash was almost mad that I was just there for a necron battleforce and a single lord. Fucking hell. Since 2010, I didnt set foot in a GW shop.
>>
>>52504334
I got talking to one of the staff ages back and we talked about other war games but this guy was just confused. It was like on one hand he wanted to sell me paints but on the other hand his training hadn't prepared him for non-GW models
>>
While we're on the subject of painting, I'm a D&D player that really wants to paint the heroforge mini he bought.

But I'm too much of a bitch and I'm about 99% sure I'll ruin it.
>>
I've been practically frog marched out of GW stores for no reason (prejudice?) then been to the same store later and treated like a king.
GW stores are just schizo.
>>
>>52504100
U fukin bastard kunt
>>
>>52496289
This is honestly why I never got into Warhammer. I remember going into the shop in Oxford Street in London just to browse only to be assailed by the most pushy and overly "friendly" sales guy I've ever encountered.

Do they realise that they're alienating people by doing this? I guess the tactic must work on some.
>>
>>52504393
You can blame cashed up autists. People go in to GW and drop 1-10k on models. Staff probably all hope for one of those sales
>>
Go to games workshop in shanghai. Straight away ask a few questions he replies in concise single word answers to every thing I say. Buy white dwarf and cheekily ask for a free gift as is customary in China. The guy only goes and throws in 4 extra magazines.

>>FUCKING GAMESWORKSHOP, now I need to carry so many
>>
File: IMG_20170402_114604.jpg (5MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170402_114604.jpg
5MB, 3968x2976px
>>52504644
Forgot picture, true story
>>
>>52504644
>>52504656
Sweet. Mostly just commenting because I have those same socks.
>>
>>52501849
>That moment when you realize you need 8 of the Start Collecting Ork boxes for half an army.
>>
>>52504644
>>52504656
you got something free from a GW-store?
>>
I was told to apply paint straight from the pot
>>
>>52499345

Is it bad I almost got a boner from this?
>>
>walk into store
>"Hey how's it going?"
>"Good. How are you?"
>same fucking conversation even with different employees
>every fucking time
>and they never respond back after I return the greeting
>>
>>52504868
I fucking hate that.
>>
>>52498718
>Dude
>Guy
>Buddy

Well of course GW employees are nice in Canada.
>>
File: macha_face_palm_by_karooz.jpg (23KB, 407x356px) Image search: [Google]
macha_face_palm_by_karooz.jpg
23KB, 407x356px
why is everyone defending the annoying gw employees? it's awkward and freaks some people out, not all of us are thier to talk with some random people I want my shit and I want to go home
>>
>>52507771

Are you fucking retarded? They're not even defending them, they're insulting you for being this fucking autistic and neckbeardy. Literally EVERY store has employees who will greet you or ask if you have questions. GW isn't the only fucking store in the world where employees approach customers. Walmart fucking HIRES PEOPLE to stand at the door and do this you fucking dipshit.
>>
>>52507818
you call me autistic but you are freaking the fuck out and insulting me.... not everyone likes conversation with people in public get over it we aren't all extroverts
>>
>Go to Games Workshop
>Ask what the best way to get into WH40k is
>Find out about Dark Vengeance
>Figure it's too expensive for on my own, go away and try and recruit a friend
>Come back a couple days later with a mate, who tries it out on the starter DV set up
>Pick up that and the basic paint kit
>Pay
>Leave
>Voluntarily keep buying more and more paint, because of poor impulse control and wanting to make my dudes look better and better

Fucking GW.
>>
File: wraithlord_by_skeenoman.jpg (165KB, 900x1275px) Image search: [Google]
wraithlord_by_skeenoman.jpg
165KB, 900x1275px
>>52508312
some people find talking to random people tiresome and annoying socializing isnt for everyone
>>
>>52507771
GW stores have always been a mistake. A specialty store for one companies toy soldiers is the cringiest thing ever.
>>
>>52508001
>facepalms people when he's the one making everyone else facepalm
>gets upset and cries about someone insulting him on 4chan
>too stupid to find the shift key

Whatever, autist, how about you just get the fuck out so the board can stop its spiraling decline in quality?

It's always the fucking morons who can't even find the shift key who make the stupidest fucking posts.
>>
>>52504438
I've got some cool minis from the Spartacus board game (Surprisingly, it's one of the cheapest and best board games I know of) that I wanna paint up, but I'm worried about the same thing.
At least with the 40k minis I'm expected to model and paint them, instead of messing up something previously fine.
>>
>>52508346
Then get the fuck off this board you faggot. You're socializing and talking to strangers right now. Don't fucking go out into the real world if you're just going to whine about people being there. If it's such a huge problem why the fuck aren't you even buying all your shit online and having it delivered to your door? This fucking game REQUIRES TALKING TO OTHER PEOPLE TO BEGIN WITH

Holy fucking shit just kill yourself goddamn
>>
File: tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif (1MB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif
1MB, 400x254px
>>52508386
>>
>>52507771
>>52508346
>somebody SPOKE TO ME
>how can you shills DEFEND THIS
>omg not everyone wants to be SPOKEN TO

They literally make Japanese comics about people this pathetic, and the entire plot revolves around how pathetic they are around others. What, did you want us to applaud you for your crippling social retardation?
>>
>>52508401
you seem angry are you ok anon. I only play with friends playing with randoms would be annoying and I do order online
>>
>>52508415
>tumblr
>too dumb to even change the filename

Yup. Board would be so much better off without these fucking retards.

>>52508426

HE LITERALLY RAPED MY EARS WITH HIS MOUTH-WORDS
>>
>>52508434
The retards always think it's funny that people get upset at their retardation. Like, they're so infuriatingly retarded, their very presence enrages people. But I guess that's a plus to them. That's how retarded they are.

>hurf durf durf look at me I'm so fucking retarded
>LOL WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO MAD THO
>>
File: 1418141652974.jpg (9KB, 115x111px) Image search: [Google]
1418141652974.jpg
9KB, 115x111px
>>52508426
im not fucking asking for applauds all I said is speak for yourself not everyone is an angry supposed normal fag who may or may not walk into a store and be the charismatic goru
>>
>>52508437
>>52508448
same fag and shit bait
>>
>>52508454
>this entire post
>im not fucking autistic
>getting so angry you devolve into illegible autistic ranting after calling someone angry

Holy fucking shit I can't stop laughing
>>
File: yr4jT84r.jpg (151KB, 1456x1903px) Image search: [Google]
yr4jT84r.jpg
151KB, 1456x1903px
>>52508454
>>
File: 1438097942264.gif (906KB, 255x192px) Image search: [Google]
1438097942264.gif
906KB, 255x192px
>>52508483
yes im sure you are one hell of a stud irl arent you
>>
>>52508514
>autistically collecting entire folders of retarded, uninteresting, and unfunny reaction images
>screams about how he's not autistic

Damn son you buy those rare pepes on eBay?
>>
>>52508514
Damn that bitch is ugly, why are pasty ass Aryans so shit at everything?
>>
>>52508495
>>52508483
>>52508541
please go back to pol or have you and your family burned alive you can do it yourself go get a can of gasoline and pour it on your worthless body and burn alive please set a camera up
>>
File: IMG_1801.jpg (155KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1801.jpg
155KB, 1252x1252px
>tfw no GW
>use store locator
>see local store carries GW
>find out they stopped years ago
>use store locator
>find nearest GW
>90 miles away
>>
File: 1489030648700.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489030648700.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>52496289
>Yeah do you have some (models) in stock?
>Yeah man, did you want any paint or brushes or anything?
>Hey, sure, I'll take a pot of (color)
>Cool. Anything else?
>Nah, that should be it.
>Alright, total comes to (money). Cash or card?
>*chip*
>Come back when they're done and lemme take a look!
>Thanks dude, see you.
>>
>>52508595
who knew 4chan was full of such strong and socially proper people
>>
>>52504868
As someone who has been in retail (albeit, not GW), that sort of interaction is commonplace on both sides of the counter. The customer either has something on their mind/is looking to get in & out, or the staff is busy/mindful of something else.

I'd say it's uncommon to ignore greetings out of spite, and more likely that the retailer's tongue is starting to get a bit lazy after a long shift. I know I wasn't particularly up for a conversation after pulling a double--mind was distracted and I didn't feel like talking anymore.
>>
File: 1490852544555.jpg (85KB, 811x456px) Image search: [Google]
1490852544555.jpg
85KB, 811x456px
>>52508668
"Hey, how's it going" is my default greeting. Half the time people respond, usually with "Pretty good, you?" or some flavor. Sometimes they'll tell me about something on their minds.

>People assume I say it as a reflex
>It is, but I'm a depressive and honestly like to know other people are doing ok
>>
>>52508668
I dont understand why its such a big deal to not like talking to people in public? not everyone wants to talk just and being in public is
stressful especially for those with paranoia or social anxiety like myself

>>52508739
why care about what some random joe is doing ?
>>
>>52508757
Because I feel like shit pretty often, and I hope nobody else does.
>>
>>52508757
Holy shit your fucking autistic, kill yourself desu
>>
>>52508823
that sounds really weird to me why?
>>
>>52508833
you are a waste of my time im not going to ruin my night by letting my anger issues take control this is your last you goodbye
>>
They've gotten A LOT better. The first store I went to about 15 years ago when I was 12, the manager was an absolute cunt who tore into to me I mentioned the price for models. I mean he tore fucking shreds out of me, and then mocked the look on my face after he got done. I just stumbled out of there in a state of shock, I had never been talked to like that by an adult.

His name popped up on a social gaming group that was formed after he told a bunch of regulars to "get the fuck out of my shop", and I thought about shooting him a message to see if he wants to try me again now that I'm not a fucking minor. But I decided to let it go.

Oddly enough, he went on to teaching.
>>
File: 1486681943676.gif (347KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1486681943676.gif
347KB, 500x566px
>>52508880
>I had never been talked to like that by an adult.
lel do you even have parents?
>>
File: 1434622604811.gif (404KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1434622604811.gif
404KB, 500x297px
>>52508846
The quick version is that it gives me hope. I hope other people are doing ok, but if they aren't, sometimes it helps to talk. I know it does for me, so I like to give other people the opportunity. I'm a total stranger to most of them, so I don't expect them to suddenly gush personal problems.

I heard a story once about a guy who jumped off the Golden Gate, he left a note saying he was going to walk to the bridge and if a single person smiled at or greeted him, he wouldn't jump. It really is a dumb little reflex greeting, but every bit helps.
>>
>>52508739
See, that's the thing about retail--it is inevitable that you will establish a "default" for conversation. Basic small talk, such as "hey, how are you doing today?" becomes a reflex.

You get people like OP who absolutely despise that reflex, but you can hardly blame the staffer who's saying it. They've said that same exact thing to nearly everyone else who's come and gone today. Customers often overlook the monotony that retail brings with it, or don't understand it, and so some of them get it in their head that the staffer actually -cares- about where any potential conversation is going.

Sure, part of it is a matter of up-selling, pushing sales, and the like, but for most of the people in retail, it's just a momentary opportunity for something interesting to happen in an otherwise routine day in "paradise".

>>52508757
FYI, it's not. Little interactions like that are completely and totally commonplace. You've created your own anxiety by being a shut-in, or by focusing entirely on your own perceived flaws in your person. The more you get out, the easier it is to have small conversation here and there; likewise, it also becomes easier to ignore someone without feeling guilty--if that's the route you'd like to take in life.

Really though, it's your own fault for not being able to communicate with others--not the person who gets paid to do it.
>>
>>52508935
I don't really understand this righteousness that most people have the world seems like every man for himself (wich is what my dad said to me) but then agian im the freak with the empathy problems

>>52508959
its might fault that I was brought up in a certain way and ended up with paranoia and social anxiety yes this is my fault
>>
>>52508959
and that people are naturally cruel and I know what they are thinking talking shit in their minds
>>
>Don't play Warhammer, but putting together a Frostgrave warband, need paints.
>To impatient to order paints online
>Go to GW
>Enter GW, everyone stops what they're doing and stares at me
>Employees seem well-kempt, but the neckbeard customers could use a shower.
>awkwardly make my way to the paint rack
>Employee asks how I'm doing as I pick out paint
>Asks if I play Warhammer
>Say no
>Oh, these must be for your boyfriend then
>stares intently
>Uh, no, I just need some paint
>You should definitely consider playing Warhammer, we'd love to have you play here
>I'll keep that in mind
>pay for paint
>realize the weird customers are still staring
>I'm not even that attractive. I'm like a 5.
>Leave, hear the eruption of giggles behind me.
>Buy my paint online from now on
>>
>>52508991
It's compassion, not righteousness anon. The world is only every man for himself so long as we allow it to be.
>>
>>52508924
...no.
>>
>>52509038
I dont know people are pretty cruel. I don't really understand moral concepts but I guess people will like you more if you are nice

>>52509047
oh well you might have lucked out then
>>
>>52508998
See, I cannot concede that you are right beyond admitting that it's your fault. You yourself presume to know the thoughts of others and pass judgment on them before they have even opened their mouths. That is a most unnatural cruelty and disservice to yourself--far worse than anyone who might be thinking ill of you.

I don't know that a post on an anonymous board has ever done anyone any favors, so I'll be gone with this: get out more often and try to look at things from a more optimistic point of view.
>>
>Live in third largest city in New Zealand
>Apparently this doesn't warrant an official store

Fucking games workshop?
>>
File: Macha_Baw_by_IronShrineMaiden.jpg (20KB, 215x233px) Image search: [Google]
Macha_Baw_by_IronShrineMaiden.jpg
20KB, 215x233px
>>52509083
egh I cant really comment on this stuff ive got enough mental issues to be put in an asylum I just got angry (one of my serious issues). it can be hard to get out when you have nothing to do and most people get scared of you people usually think im crazy because I say inappropriate things. im not a shut in who lost his knowledge on socialising all of my issues are from past experience in family and other things
>>
>>52509140
A city of 6 people and 1000 sheep isn't likely to have a lot of customers
>>
>>52509017
I can't even imagine the stares my gf would get going into a place like that looking for paint and not playing the game.
>>
>>52508959
>See, that's the thing about retail--it is inevitable that you will establish a "default" for conversation. Basic small talk, such as "hey, how are you doing today?" becomes a reflex.

That's part of why I like sport.
It's a good default to fall back on as it has a wide range of people interested in it, it's constantly got stuff changing so you don't get bored of your default etc.

I mean, there are still some sports I'll never go near, but where I live you can assume people will have at least heard of the cricket or AFL results.
>>
>>52504130
yeah well ur a lebzian
>>
>>52508991
Hey man, I can relate to you. My parents are very cynical people with very low expectations of people. They both came from poor families rife with alcohol abuse and domestic violence, which became the foundation for their personalities.

Being cynical is a weakness, I think, because it's easy. It's easy to be apathetic, insensitive, and narcissistic because looking out at this world that's so impersonal and superficial, it's hard to keep the flame of optimism alive. It takes effort to be optimistic, it takes effort to think about the perspective of others, it takes effort to care about how your words and actions may impact them.

You might be keeping that flame alive, but what are you feeding it? Little positive social interactions will only get you so far. Don't hide yourself away, there's a world out there full of people who need people like you. When you feel up to it, you might like to check out if you can volunteer work at the old folks home, those places are full of people who are grateful to just have somebody to sit with. Even if it's just once a week. Don't let that flame die, keep feeding it.
>>
>>52508833
watashi wa kawaii desu ne, onee-saaaan?? Ugoo... :P
>>
>>52509252
>TFW that flame died years ago

I'm basically a hollow
>>
>>52509017
You should have sold them your bra panties for $50 each. Shits nasty money!
>>
>>52509252
well my parents may have fucked me up more I guess I wouldn't mind talking to some people although I find more tranquility in being alone my feverish quest for a gf will bring me outside
>>
I came the closest I have ever came to killing another human the other day /tg/

>Just got back into the hobby after playing 4/5e when I was 15ish
>Didn't want to be that guy
>Got my 1000 points of guard, painted them up nicely (I think so anyway)
>Took me two months to do that shit and I still hadn't played a single game
>Go into geedubs shop
>Store owner and neckbeard are only people there
>Set up a game with neckbeard
>Out comes the grey tide Tau
>Ohboyherewego.jpg
>He immediately starts fingerfucking my models and shitting on my painting job

Holy fuck I just saw red and made it to the toilet before I fucking hit the cunt. On the plus side he was a shit player and I roflstomped him, kek.
>>
>>52509140
I live in one of the smaller Australian state capitals, and we've got I think 3 stores, at least 2.
Surprised you don't have any.
>>
>>52509252
My ol' man abandoned 3 of his children, 1 of which I never met, but treats my sister like a princess and will give her anything.

People are weird.
>>
>>52508558
>that
>ugly
Nigga plz
>>
>>52508426
>>somebody SPOKE TO ME
>SPOKE TO ME
You mean tried to sell something what people didn't want to buy?Also, go back to Tumblr.
>>
I got turned off by GW stores a few years ago by their pushy staff. I went into one a couple weeks ago to ask about Armageddon and the guy was cool and friendly and not pushy so I feel much happier about them now.

I stopped before because basically I had a OP experience.

>hey how you going what are you interested in?
Oh just having a browse

>have you seen the new starter set for 40k?
Ah haha actually I have the rules I've been playing since 1996

>these new dark eldar are great if you are starting out in the hobby!
>Uh... no I have a guard army already

>you should look at this and this and...

It went on for a while before I could escape. I don't think he ever absorbed anything I said the whole time it was a weird experience
>>
>>52509385

Any pics?
I'm a pretty good painter myself, and I will judge you fairly.
>>
>>52508757
>not everyone wants to talk
Many more people will be mad that they weren't greeted than will be uncomfortable that some wage slave gave them a generic greeting.

Any retail drone who cares at all about the job will be diligent about greeting every customer and then asking them if there's any way they can help the customer find, once the customer has been there more than a few minutes.
>>
File: IMG_20170403_181430.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170403_181430.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>52509482
Sure here's some Guardsman I'm about to base, the rest of my shit is in boxes.
>>
>>52509631
Better than most. Neat and nicely presented. Only thing I can suggest is the skin tone is a little flat. Good job
>>
>>52509669
I did wash it with steel legion drab, it looks a lot more defined in person than my shitty photo.
>>
>>52509631
Anon those honestly look really good, at the GW I used to go to no one could shit talk you for that paintjob, as most couldn't paint anywhere near that level. Including me at the time, past few years have changed that of course Good work on them, Anon!
>>
>>52509017

>Oh, these must be for your boyfriend then

That's some nifty gaydar that employee has to figure out you were a homosexual.
>>
>walk into games workshop. Grab a zoanthrope kit

"Hey there. That all for today?"

>yup just wanted to pick this up

"Cool, what are you working on? "

>just making a tyranids conversion for a friend

"Cool well if you want to get a free model we host painting workshops on Saturdays"

>cool I'll check it out some time
>>
>>52509826
Do you get many people show up to painting workshops? I was thinking about doing a night like that but idk if anyone would be interested.
>>
I only really go in once a month, and I just tell them my budget for this visit, and the options I'm considering, that way I only get information about the products I'm interested in, and, as I stay firm to my budget, they can only try to up sell me inside of my set limit.

I can't imagine what it would be like for them trying to sell to a customer who doesn't know what he wants, doesn't know how much he wants to spend.

Help them help you and avoid awkwardness.
>>
>>52496627
What the hell is happening in that .webm?
>>
>>52504334
I'm curious, what GW paints do you use then?
>>
>>52509631
I like the green, what paints did you use for it?
>>
>>52509863
I'd go to one.
I feel a little ripped off that I didn't get my free model and painting lesson, but I'm too socially anxious to request one.
>>
>>52510437
Castellan green, heavy nuln oil all over, Loren forest edges, Straken green final highlight.
>>
>>52510395
Not that anon, but I like GWs glazes and some of their inks, even as I'm converting to vallejo and Army Painter.
>>
>>52509017
Requesting breast pics.
>>
>>52496289
wtf, anon.
im autistic and even im not that autistic
>>
>>52510843
They look good dude. Usually I won't just bath an entire model in in wash but with guard you king have to. I use camoshade instead of Nuln Oil for the greens though.
>>
>>52508757
>why care about random Joe
It's called empathy. I know you can't feel it because of your autism, but you should know what it is.
>>
>>52509386
Brisbane? We've got three, I think.
>>
>>52511068
>GW IDF talking about empathy and autism
>>
>>52508998
That's a pretty shitty view of life, anon. There's bad and cruel people out there,and you should guard yourself against them, but most people you'll meet are harmless or good.

I'm a firm believer that you 'reap what you sow'. If you go through life looking for the bad and cruel in people, you'll find it and you'll miss all the good and kindness.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, anon. I hope tomorrow is a good day for you.
>>
>Go into local GW
>Casually talk about some 40K stuff with cool manager guy
>Pick out a thing I want
>Buy it
>Say thanks
>Leave

Honestly it's just so shitty there. I can hardly stomach the idea of going in usually. Fucking GW.
>>
>>52509164
You are in charge of your emotions, anon. Anger is a natural emotion at times, but can only manifest itself in your actions if you allow it.

Your mind and your emotions are your own. Don't allow the actions of others to effect who you are. By allowing them to change or color your emotions, you are giving them power over you. Don't allow this.
>>
>>52509386
Pppppperth
>>
>be me 10 years ago
>poor teenager poor family
>inherit all my models from family/friends
>store owner know I can't afford things and can only afford one or two units a year
>after I win an event goes out of his way to give me all of the hundreds of spare bits and terrain from store
>includes full buildings from cities of death, and 4 walls and towers from old Fantasy castle, and those GW trees on a blob and much much more.

I loved our local store owner. He was a great guy and we were all sad to see him go, he really kept the store alive.
After he left to go open his own store in another state he was replaced by some doofus who knew nothing of the hobby and just tries to sell start-sets to everybody who walks in.

Store closed down less than a year later because the sales had fallen so abysmally low.
>>
>>52500630
>shop closes for lunch

What the fuck?

Where do you live? Is your GW staffed by one guy?
>>
>>52511309
Not him but my (semi)local GW is only staffed by the manager and it closes for an hour long lunch. I've never seen anyone else work there but him.

I actually thought that was common for GW stores. I thought I'd read that GW was trying to cut back on staff and rely on 1-man stores.
>>
>>52509215
>>52509017
Mildly related
>Go to the flgs with my gf looking to buy some paint.
>The staff are busy dealing with other costumers
>Can't seem to find the right blue for some reason
>Describe the color to her because 2 pair of eyes are better than one.
>As she starts looking for it, staff stops talking and rush towards her assistance
>Bloodbowl players stop playing and help look for it too
>Find paint, buy and leave
>Laugh for a solid 5 minutes as she tells me she won't set foot on that store ever again.

It was so sad to watch i couldn't even get mad.
>>
>>52511309
>>52511327

Man, where I live none of the GWs or FLGSs even open before 1PM on a weekday.
>>
>>52509444
This is extremely familiar.

Something that really turned me off my local store is that several members of staff and a few of the regulars made a big deal of me wearing... I don't know how to explain it except by saying 'normie clothes.' Basically, because I didn't dress like shit, they seemed to think I had to defend my choice not to dress like shit.

Eventually I just told them that some people have other shit, beyond GW stuff, going on in their lives, and for those people it's not plausible to dress like ass all the time. Haven't been there since.
>>
>>52504644
I bought some HH books from the Shanghai store, the guy is pretty chill
>>
>>52508998
Anon, as someone who worked in retail, we are not thinking nasty things about you. We are thinking how long until the end of the day, if I approach this customer then my manager won't get me to go do X, my fucking legs are killing etc.

When you go into a store, you are just another face
>>
>>52509140
Just take a road trip to Dunedin, they've got one. It seems to be the only one in the whole South Island.

>there are more GWs in the Wellington area than in the whole SI
>there are more GWs in the Wellington area than in the Auckland area
I don't know how to feel about this.
>>
>>52511467
>implying someone will believe to man
>who worked in retail
>>
>Walk into FGLS for bases
>See an unpainted set-up of new Bloodbowl
>"You guys should totally buy the new bloodbowl box and sign up for the next tournament, and you're gonna love this, they put dwarves in there"
>He goes on for five minutes, also showing us some malifaux and other shit afterwards
>Tell him "Cool, might come later to check it."
>Buy bases, go home
>Day after go play in GW store, know store employee for years.
>"Sup m8, here to play."
>"Cool"
>Spend the evening playing and talking about paint schemes with him, since none of the regulars paints decently.

I'm not even a regular at that store. Then again, some GW stores employees I've met in other stores are pushy as fuck, I never go back if they try to get me to buy stuff agressively.
>>
>send my wife to go get grombrindal the white dwarf while I'm shiftwoeking so I can enjoy it when I get home
>explain at length to her that it's the model, not the magazine. She gets it.
>she goes in and asks for the white dwarf model.
>they make fun of her and act like she doesn't know own the difference between the model and the magazine. She does.
>she now refuses to come into the store where that GW employee is in
Its sad because the store manager is actually a total bro. The other guy is a douche even to me. I was going to tell the manager bro about it but he started telling me out of the blue he was angry with the other dudes work so I figured fuck it, he's in trouble anyway and I cbf with nerd drama.

Still the guy is a fuckwit for teasing my wife.
>>
>>52496627
The hell is going in this post?
>>
>>52510105
>>52512129
That's an eyeball tattoo.
>Yes that is a thing that exists
>>
>>52511327
Same here. My local GW has only one staff member and it closes mid-evening for lunch/dinner.

Didn't open until 12, too.
>>
I'm just shocked at the number of people who willingly go to GW stores and pay 20% more, rather than going to an LGS or buying online. I've been back in the hobby for a couple of years now and I've been into my local GW once to buy a paint because my bus was nearly due and I didn't have time to walk down to the LGS.
>>
>>52512228
But whyyyyyy?
>>
I made the mistake of going to my GW when their regional manager had stopped in to check that they were meeting quota.

He was super aggressive and pushy and really unpleasant and gave a bunch of the employees shit for not aggressively shilling.

Then when he was gone they apologized for how awful he was. I'm pretty sure their sales went down while he was there.
>>
>>52509140
Here in Sweden we only have to GW stores, I am glad I live close to one since they are super nice
>>
>>52509631
What are you plans for their bases?
>>
>>52513088
How in the hell does NZ have twice as many GWs as Sweden?
>>
>>52513116
I dunno! I wish I knew!
>>
>9 years old
>buy Leman Russ with my saved up pocket money
>continue shopping with mum
>find something else I really really want but didn't even know existed
>mum won't buy it, gotta go back to GW to try and return tonk
>GW employee is a dude with red hair, has a braided beard I still remember
>"I'm sorry, we don't actually do returns."
>I dejectedly sigh and thank him anyway
>"What was it you wanted to get instead?"
>"Oh we found out that there's a video box set of the Star Wars special editions just came out" my mum explains
>"No way. You want to buy that?"
>I nod, still somewhat dejected
>"Well I mean that's a special circumstance, I think we can make an exception."

>takes back the Leman Russ, gives my money back
>go and buy Star Wars vhs

That guy was always nice to me.

Shouldve got the tank, fucking Lucas edits, Han shot first goddamnit
>>
>>52508001
IM pretty introverted, but even I can hold a light conversation while at a store. If no one talks to me great, if an employee says something I respond. Look social skills.
>>
>>52512631
Because spice must flow. Basically the same reason people get elf ear surgery.
>>
>>52508924
>thinking this is an actual story
>poster actually says
>"i thought about shooting him a message to see if he wants to try me again now that I'm not a fucking minor."
like no one does that, unless they have severe social issues, but this is 4chan so it could be possible
>>
>>52511309
Beginning in 2008, Games Workshop North America adopted the Hobby Center Operator business model in order to reduce overhead from personnel. This model had allegedly been successful in continental Europe, where business hours are shorter and frequently punctuated with long breaks, anyway, so full-time coverage from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM was not required. Notionally, a store only needed to be open five days a week, seven hours a day in order to turn a profit; with Mondays and Tuesdays generally being the slowest sales days, they were eliminated from the schedule, and the store would close for at least half an hour every afternoon in order for the HCO to take a mandatory break.

Because Games Workshop was still heavily into traditional shopping malls at that time, this model could only be applied to locations which did not have mandatory business hours. Most indoor malls require that you be open for their hours of operation as stipulated in the lease or be fined, so this was initially only attempted at new locations in strip malls; what had previously been "standard" stores according to the three-tiered community model of mall-based recruiting stores, strip mall-based standard stores and battle bunker-based regional hubs, each one feeding business to the next.

As the company moved to the HCO model, full- and part-time Hobby Specialist positions were eliminated and Managers were reclassed as Hobby Center Operators - generally, as a result of being laid off and having to apply for the new job. Initially, this was done through attrition, so as Hobby Specialists were fired for cause or quit on their own, their positions would not be filled but, eventually, the transition to the HCO model was mandated through layoffs; most often coinciding with the expiration of a Hobby Center's lease. Rather than renew the lease, Games Workshop would close the store, entirely, and downsize the entire staff.
>>
>>52513560
Under the various labor laws in the United States, this was thought to be the most sure-fire way to avoid getting sued - some states, such as where I worked for GW, you can be let go at any time for any reason or for no reason at all, but many of the states in which GW does business have very labor-friendly labor laws where you can only be fired for cause; but you can always be laid off if your job is being eliminated, entirely.

It's only been in the last year or two that GW has begun expanding their retail footprint in North America, again; my old shop is once again up to three staff; the manager and two part-timers, down significantly from the full-time four-man crew that ran it a decade ago.

So, yeah, a lot of shop's still close for lunch.
>>
I have the opposite problem. One of the guys in my GW is younger than me (I'm 22) and comes off as shy and nerdy in his own way, so he spends most of his time talking to regulars he knows and generally leaves folks like me to our own devices. I actually make the effort to chat to him because he seems okay and needs to get more confident making sales if he wants to keep his job.
>>
>>52512869
My local store manager is quitting because of how horrible corporate apparently is.
>>
>>52512611
Where do you live? All GW products cost the same at my FLGS as in my local GW store, and ordering online is more expensive because shipping comes in addition.
>>
>>52513780
Damn dude you are bad at shopping
>>
>>52513675
NA, UK or EU?
>>
File: 1482592211355.jpg (51KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482592211355.jpg
51KB, 800x800px
>>52504448
This. People need to remember that in the end, GW store managers are just human.

The local store manager used to be a huge PITA with trying to shove more purchases down your throat. It was so bad it actively drove dedicated customers away from the shop. But recently he seems to treat customer a lot more relaxed. Guess what, people can improve.
>>
>>52509246
thnx for proving my point
>>
>>52514129
It has more to do with corporate policy than individual employees. GW goes through where they can't stand to have veteran hobbyists in their stores because they think it impedes recruiting new hobbyists - so they'll do stupid stuff like ban the use of painting or gaming tables for anything but store activities, or throw regulars out of the shop entirely.

This is inevitably met with reduced sales, as the veteran hobbyists are the ones reliably buying new releases every week while those precious new recruits are still struggling to finish their first snap-fit Space Marines and don't care about Shadow War: Armageddon, so after school months or so the company lightens up for a year or two until the next time somebody decides that recruiting is down because veterans are hanging out in the store.
>>
From reading this thread it seems like the problem are autistic customers and not the employees.
>>
>>52513993
Would you please point me towards these wondrous online stores that sell GW models for significantly lower prices, after accounting for international shipping and import taxes?
>>
>>52512869
I was there for one of those, he thought he had a fish because the customer was well dressed (it was a mall near some major law firms and tech companies).

The customer was actually a regular (regional dude never asked) and after a couple minutes told him he wasn't buying anything until after the corporate visitors left
>>
>>52514462
Which country are you trying to ship to?
>>
>>52504274
Kek
>>
>>52502124
Give this man a cookie, preferably one that isn't as stale as the stories you tell ITT.
>>
>>52508880
The old manager in Glasgow 10 odd years ago was like that, he'd throw an autistic shitfit if you insulted the deep lore of his special mandollies too.
>>
>>52509631
Very good tabletop standard, better than 95% of the shit people put on the table. Might use a matte varnish to take the shine off if you feel like it.
>>
File: 1291588087056.jpg (28KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1291588087056.jpg
28KB, 600x400px
>>52508001
>not everyone likes conversation with people in public get over it we aren't all extroverts
Introvert here and heck, might as well mention I am autistic too. You need to man up, fast.

1. I hate Games Workshop as much as anyone here, but at least I can recognize a meme for what it is.

2. Gaming - especially traditional gaming - is a social hobby. It requires you to meet people, either through the internet or real life. Otherwise you are just playing with yourself, yes I know that is an euphemism for masturbation, and that is the intended meaning.

3. Being able to speak with at least two syllables is, while not a requirement for life, a very good idea. I learned the hard way that being the silent guy tends to people suspecting you to be guilty of shit ranging from shoplifting to school shooting (been accused of both). However speaking two syllables voids these suspicions AND as an added bonus will make people leave you alone entirely. Said syllables are: "Fuck off".

That is all I want to say, I am so confident that you will disregard this post to convince yourself that it isn't somehow your fault that you haven't bothered learning how to be along with members of the same species.

Also, just for good measure because you managed to piss me off, I'd would like to end this post with an observation: You are a humourless fudge-nugget. I'd call you a humourless cunt actually, but from your way of whining I suspect "man up" is going to be more than enough traumatising for you to deal with today.

So yeah, learn how to speak with people, you humourless fudge-nugget.
>>
File: neckbeard.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>52496289

More like;

>Autistic neckbeard enters the shop
>Don't get approached by anyone as he´s a "regular"
>spends WAY more than he thought he could afford "just because"
>Runs home and complains about GW´s pricing and their bad store management

This is you anon, and you know it.
>>
>>52515224

> I hate Games Workshop as much as anyone here...
>2017

Dude...
>>
>>52514129
>PITA
You're not on your middle school's facebook page
>>
>>52502597
>tries to correct someone else's attempt at humour
>inadvertently shows how bad their own sense of humour is in the process
Were you so triggered by the fact it was a rape joke that your sense of humour shut down or something? Your alternative was fucking terrible, didn't even make any sense, why would they be chanting about tampons?

>clearly fake story
No, really? You're telling me that anon didn't really leave a GW store based solely on the fact no children were being gangraped in it? You're shitting me!
>>
>>52507771
>>52508001

That's your problem. If someone isn't competent enough to handle the basics of social interaction to get through the day then it's not up to people who actually have to do their job to deal with someone else's interpersonal failures.

I'm introverted as fuck, but when you go out and buy something from someone then you need to know how to interact with people. Buying things from people is interacting with them. When you're done participating in an action that involves other people you can avoid dealing with them. No need to complain about someone else because you want to do something that requires other people but don't want to deal with the people.

How do you let yourself get like that?
>>
>>52504656
Given white dwarf's just a glorified sales catalogue that's not really as nice as it sounds, although it was still good of them. I used to get white dwarf, it at least has nice pictures.
>>
>>52513364
>not challenging people to duels for mocking you

Its great! They all have work and social lives so they can make it
>>
>>52508386
>oh hey guys I have a different opinion on this subject
>NO FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING RETARD GO KYS
yes it's that poster who's responsible for the spiraling decline in quality.

i specifically went back and uncapitalized the y in that sentence just to piss you off btw
>>
>>52515356
OH SHIT it is 2017, oh woe be me. It is the end of the green beans.

Seriously Anon, enlighten me where I am fucking up?
>>
>>52499345

The first GW store in America was in Laurel, Maryland, ten miles from my house. 1988 or so. Manager was a Brit import named Timmy, a big fat neckbeard who was also openly gay as fuck.

So if he was fucking anything in that age bracket, it would have been the younger Boy Scouts.
>>
>>52511068
>doesn't understand what in the fuck autism is
How did this not surprise me, when did /tg/ get this fucking shit? What I've seen ITT has just been absolutely fucking disgusting, somebody dares to express a dissenting opinion and you just lose your fucking minds and start throwing around autism accusations like god damn confetti, am I on /pol/?
>>
>>52511382
>I don't know how to explain it except by saying 'normie clothes.'
Please explain, were you wearing a fucking suit or something? Dressed like a hipster?
>>
>ITT GWfanboys pretending they aren't fat neckbeards
>>
>>52515870
Where the fuck have you been? It is 4chan, we take dissenting opinions and brow beat them into submission if they as much as breath out of sync.

By the way your exhaling is off by 0.004 seconds.
>>
>>52512631
Attention, regular tattoos aren't attention grabbing enough anymore because any moron with the cash to burn's already got one.
>>
>send mum down to pick up a combat squad of guardsmen
>comes back with a battle of macragge set
>extra combat squad
>heavy weapons squad
>fucking termagants (fitting really)

not to mention sets of paint I've got already

fuck's sake
>>
>>52515696
Maybe you genuinely missed it, but GW changed a bit for the better. Some specialist games are back, like Blood Bowl and not!Necromunda, they actually interact with their customers and give tips for painting. The start collecting boxes and the 30k games for example are actually good deals that save you some money, compared to buying the models seperately.
It's not perfect, but much better than under their former CEO.
>>
>live in Switzerland
>no games workshop

Fucking Games Workshop!
>>
>>52503767

RIP my sides.
>>
>>52496289
Just had the opposite experience. Went into a shop after not playing for a decade. Gw staff showed me a few new models, talked about how the game has changed, mentioned upcoming releases to watch for and said he'd be around if I had questions. Didn't try to push a single purchase on me. Will definitely go back when I have my mind made up. This is in Chicago though, so YMMV.
>>
>>52516049
>like Blood Bowl
>implying it's a good thing

>The start collecting boxes
Yes very useful in SuperHeavy meta
>>
>>52496289
With all these fake stories I feel like I should post a real one...
>Be me, about 13 years.
>Decide to get into Warhammer 40k.
>Have a friend with imperial guard but he is popular and can't show it to other kids.
>Also have a friend with tyranid, and some space Marines who don't give a fuck.
>I buy some orks and space marines, but hate them since my painting is shit.
>Get some Tau, ah sand people color, this will work.
>Play a bit with my friends, slowly building up Tau army.
>One day muster courage to regularly hang out in GW and sit by painting table.
>My paint is shit, and I feel judged but manage.
>However a fat goth girl is acting like a pedophile and hitting on minor boys
>It's uncomfortable as fuck, but she knows the main dude working there and it's ignored.
>Eventually get jealous she never hit on me, then realize the painting table is evil.
>Some day there is noobies low point tournament, I decide to join with Tau.
>By then imperial guard guy has become too popular, and tyranid guy has stopped the hobby so it's only me left.
>I beat the shit out of the kid with the Space Marines with my guerilla warfare tactics from the hood.
>He starts crying in the store, main dude manager comes and asks me to leave.
>Tell him I did nothing wrong, but then in the back I see the fat goth girl winking at me.
>What the actual fuck is happening?
>I am told not to come back and goth girl smiles as I leave.
Burnt my minis with hairspray and flame, and never looked back. To this day I don't understand what happened.
>>
>>52516633
>called "Star collecting"
>so you can start a small, but legitimate army and see if you like it
>it's cheap enough to buy more of them, if you want
>"Fuck GW for not including a Titan in the box"
Just go back to 1d4chan
>>
>>52516777
>>so you can start a small,
You mean 1HQ 2 troops?
>>
>>52516658
What???
>>
>>52516827
1 Hq, 1 unit of troops and some form of vehicle. And a formation that makes your dudes legal to play according to the rules.
You could also just buy them for the troops and the vehicle, and in most cases it's still cheaper than buying them seperately. Or little Timmy gets his first casual army and his first grasp of the hobby. They're obviously not intended for a full on WAAC playstyle.
>>
>>52516931
>Or little Timmy gets his first casual army and his first grasp of the hobby.
So what?
>They're obviously not intended for a full on WAAC playstyle.
Yeah because it's another community fault, right?
>>
File: sunflower_society.gif (1MB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
sunflower_society.gif
1MB, 500x268px
>>52516049
Aware of that, and is why I added the, admittedly odd, qualifier "as much as anyone here".

I don't mind you interpreting that as me having a negative view of GW because it is more than fair since most people here seems to have an awful opinion.

But if GW is a better company than most people give them credit for they have failed at PR and/or marketing.
>>
>>52513235
>we don't do returns

Uh, legally they have to??
>>
>>52516984
Are you to dense to understand that they want new customers, and that those boxes are a good introduction to the hobby? You can still go and buy a wraithknight if you want.
>>
>>52515565
>>52515224
alright I should say I can speak in public im fine I can do social interaction it just causes me a lot of anxiety I can do it its just tiring

>>52511224
I dont think you understand what kind of issues I have yes a normal person can just control anger but thats why I go to therapy and normal people just dont think about it

>>52511068
im not autistic I have antisocial personality disorder
>>
>>52509232
Sport? You mean like Blood Bowl???
>>
>>52498739
Yea, people that are weak to shop owners like that remind me of when I was a kid, getting ripped of at China Town or some shit. Grow some balls /tg/, they don't care.
>>
>>52516658
I don't get why being popular means you need to hide your hobbies.

>Be me
>Highschool
>Play sports, hang out with popular kids
>One day see some nerds with their D&D books and minis and shit
>Ask them about it
>They answer cautiously. I guess they thought I was going to make fun of them.
>Tell them it sounds pretty cool
>See them with their nerd shit every day
>Get more and more curious about it
>One day ask them if I can play it with them
>Get invited to their weekly game
>This is fucking rad
>Still hang out with popular kids
>Play D&D with nerdbros on Saturdays
>popular kids sometimes want to do shit on Saturday. "Nah, I'm playing D&D with the nerds" "OK, catch you later then"
>15 years later, married hot nerd girl, still play D&D and warhammer when life allows the time
>>
>>52516984
Not him but to new players, the cost of the game is a huge factor.

If the game was substantially cheaper I think I could get 4-5 people I know from college interested in collecting and playing it at up to 1.5-2k points and they might get their friends interested too, maybe higher after a little while. But with the current cost I'm pretty certain that none of them would be interested because college students don't have that much spending money for a single hobby if they're still doing other things.

They would at most be willing to get a kill team size army going, and even then they might say "well it's too expensive for me to go higher than kill team, so why bother at all" or "my friends aren't interested because it's too expensive for them, and I don't want to leave them out"

These start collecting boxes reduce that entry cost slightly, it's not much since if they look past it, they still see the overpriced regular boxes, but it helps.
>>
>>52517531
>Are you to dense to understand that they want new customers
Yep, but I still don't get it how it's argument in discussions about GW.
>>
>>52517621
Imo warhammer isn't fun beyond 2000 points.
>>
>>52498660
>Miss quota get fired

I say theres motivation to be a dick
>>
>>52515465
Takes less time than typing it out in full. Yes I'm lazy like that.
>>
>>52517694
They only want to milk the old brigade high and dry. Once the old brigade are dead, so are the CEOs at Evil Corp, and then
>>
>>52511286
Guess I'll post my story
>In foster care
>Molested by the old coot but she some times gives me money out of guilt
>Spend money on drugs to escape my shitty existence
>Wander by a GW store high outta my mind and blown away by the display models
>As soon as I walk in the manager asks me how I am doing and if I liked the display (guess he saw me zoning out)
>Tell him its amazing and I wish I could do something that cool
>He offers to teach me and clears off a bench
>High as hell and unable to even sit still he guides me through the process with the patience of a saint
>Talk about life and random aspects of the hobby
>Choke back tears afterwards as it was the first time in my life I felt I could do something other than merely exist
This man changed my life and yet it was just another wednesday to him. FUCKING GAMES WORKSHOP
>>
>>52517694
It can show them what people want, and by talking with their employees, they might find out why people don't really buy certain armies. People don't buy Orks because their codex is ass and the models are outdated? Get someone to write a better codex/make some updated models. It's helping with market research. If the specialist games sell well (and they do, apparantly) we might see more of those.
This benefits you in the way of getting new tiny plastic spacemen and maybe getting to like an army you never even considered. And maybe, just maybe, you'll even have fun with this new stuff.

Obviously, it's not necessary this will happen, but GW is on the right way, and not full on "We don't sell games but models, now give me your money, nerd" any more.
>>
>>52518401
>Get someone to write a better codex/make some updated models.
Where?
>If the specialist games sell well (and they do, apparantly) we might see more of those.
Yeah definitely one board game for 100$ is not enough
>but GW is on the right way, and not full on "We don't sell games but models, now give me your money, nerd" any more.
Well, that's technically how they are treating old 40k players.
>>
>>52513780
England. I literally walk 5-10 minutes through my city centre from the GW and there's an LGS.
>>
>>52518562
None of the LGS's around me sell at a discount. The best they do is $10 back every $100 spent. (Only on certain models and stuff.) It sucks.
>>
>>52518280

> Be me.
> Deployed as infantry to Iraq War.
> Come back a shitty mess.
> Hurr durr you asked for it by volunteering.
> Read a couple 40k books while overseas.
> Spend some of my disability money on Dark Vengeance.
> Find painting quiets my mind like no medication ever has.

Fucking Games Workshop.
>>
>>52518649
this has nothing to do with walking into a gw
>>
>>52512228
Huh, I thought that was one of the rehabilitative tourture scenes from A Clockwork Orange.
>>
>>52518684
Maybe he walked into a GW to buy Dark Vengeance
>>
>>52508924
Believe it or not, not everyone has shitty parents that treat their children like garbage
>>
>>52518798
and look at how you ended up
>>
>>52498756
They have Games Workshop stores in Pakistan?
>>
>>52518811
That was my first post in this thread desu
I'd wager i have pretty decent parents, but i get shaky hands when i play against people i don't yet know but i force myself to interact with people through 40k and my job since i was such an introvert in my highschool years. Nice try though.
>>
>>52508566
Not our fault your autism latched onto a hobby that primarily involves socialisation, don't take it out on us
>>
>>52515696

Its not so much that GW has changed for the better (but it still has...). But more of a wake up call that nothing really screams "grumpy old neckbeard living in moms basement" as complaining about GW pricing/being mean/cant make models/input whatever. That era has ended long since. Not only to the fact that GW actually has taken a change for the better in the general opinion (and no... that doesn't include you anon), but also enlighten the world that the only people complaining about them was the grumpy old neckbeards living in moms basement!

Real hobbyists enjoy the hobby they engage in. They do it with passion, because they love it simply put. Be it Warmahordes, Infinity, 40k you name it, it all brings joy to the participants! And don't get me wrong, it was "cool" about 10 years back, to think GW was "the bad guys", but people have realized that no matter the brand, they all act like cunts. Why you ask? Because they run a business, and need to make money. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you can actually enjoy the hobby.
>>
>>52518280
Fucking Games Workshop.
>>
>go to GW
>their starting an escalation league for beginners
>shits absolutely free, they give you a 500 point army, faction of your choice
>opt in for nids because they look cool af
>they teach all the new players 1 on 1
>everyone has a good time
>no waacfags
FUCKING GAMES WORKSHOP
>>
>>52518980
yeah whatever yada yada autism blah blah kys I know im on 4chan thanks

>>52518973
yelling at your kid and threatening it are fine and a good way to make sure they dont act like spoiled brats, even a few hits
>>
File: 1395892239341.jpg (120KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1395892239341.jpg
120KB, 501x585px
>mfw dat 50% discount
>>
>>52519022
its awkward talking to people you dont know what if they are judging you or talking shit in their heads?
>>
>>52519022

Yea I mean, how could you have known the nids was the bad team to play? Right?!? Fucking Games Workshop!
>>
>>52519043
>yelling at your kid and threatening it are fine and a good way to make sure they dont act like spoiled brats, even a few hits
I'm inclined to disagree both as a parent and as someone who was brought up that way. You teach children to fear the personal consequences that way rather than external consequences, "it's alright as long as you don't get caught" type of mindset rather than "do unto others as you would unto yourself." I'm not gonna go any further into this than i think you're wrong and several studies would agree with me, since I similarly have harsh anger issues and this topic in particular gets me pretty heated.
>>
>>52519267
I actually won the escalation league in question due to the others' lack of vehicles and my poison spam (i didn't have much expendable income so i made up for my lack of points in the insanely overcosted upgrades), the other players all became waacfags besides my personal friends though.
>>
>>52519305
why did I have to have the shitty parents now I have to deal with the consequences of my mental issues brought on by them fucking shit
>>
Can the edgy fags whining about how everyone else sucks because they're mentally ill and then acting like they're being opressed when people on this board call them out for being children please leave? This isn't an adolescent mental hospital ward. The posting style of half the defensive edgelords in this thread suggest they'd be far more at home on tumblr than this site. When did this >>52508863 stereotype of a triggered tumblr post become passable?
>>
>>52519406
>Can the edgy fags whining about how everyone else sucks because they're mentally ill and then acting like they're being opressed when people on this board call them out for being children please leave?
Nope fuck off GW-hater
>>
>>52519440
Nowhere in my post did I mention anything pro- or anti- GW, I was talking about this >>52508863 sort of tumblrposting.
>>
>>52519569
>Nowhere in my post did I mention anything pro- or anti- GW
Thread was made by anti-social GW-hater, and you trying to defend him and insulting people who told him to grow up.
>>
>>52519406
>>52519569
im not even tumbler posting ive never said anything about being oppressed kek. im explaining why im a certain way so fuck off you wonder why I complain about people its assholes like yourself wich make me tense
>>
>>52519619
You're complaining about something normal people do and explaining why you should get special consideration from people doing this normal thing. That and your level of spelling/grammar qualifies it as tumblr posting.
>>
>>52516658
>>52516842
>real story
Yeah, sure mate.
>>
>>52519797
>about something normal people do and explaining why you should get special consideration from people doing this normal thing.
>LOOOK I AM LONE NECKBEARD FAGGOT, PLEASE TALK WITH ME, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
>>
>>52519797
fine then what do you want me to do then how do I appease others?
>also not writing an essay
>never used tumblr other then for pictures the people there are cancer
>>
File: 70021.jpg (15KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
70021.jpg
15KB, 450x450px
>go to FLGS with girlfriend
>talk to a 45 year sperg about X-Wing because we were browsing and he actually said Hello
>At the start of the convo he introduces himself
>Shake hands
>He shakes hand with GF and curls her hand close to his mouth and gives a kiss but about 6 inches away from her hand
>A literal hoverkiss
>He says (and I not making this shit up) "Greetings milady, I volunteer at the Renissance Fair" with a arched eyebrow
>I can see a sheer look of terror on her face
>Keep my shit together for 5 minutes until we leave
>Make it to the car before my sides gallop off

Still to this day I do that to her and this mortified look crosses her face. Holy shit, my sides.
>>
>>52519972
>girlfriend
normal fag please leave
>>
>Getting upset at an employee trying to sell something at a store

god fucking forbid

gw managers have a huge ammount of pressure on them for constant growth and can get laid off in an instant.
>>
>>52509017
Tits or gtfo
>>
>there used to be a GW
>2 former Golden Daemon winners open their own shop in the same street
>GW closed and opened in a shittier part of the town
I pass in front of the GW store sometimes, it's fucking sad. One gaming table, one demo table and a small painting table.
>>
>>52511327
All besides the big cities have 1-man stores now. My local GW, which used to have at least 3 staff there at all times back in 2000s, now has moved to a smaller store manned by 1 guy.

There is also a very active Warhammer community in my city, too. It's just that there is a LGS on the next street over with the policy of "Whatever GW sells it for, we sell it 10% cheaper", so no one goes to GW. I'm surprised they are still open at all.
>>
>>52522093
Why don't GW get that if they lowered prices to match or better LGS and had actual proper sales and deals every now and then, there would be a tremendous influx of new customers. I know at least 4-5 people that would love to play, but can't justify the cost. I know they have overheads, but their profit margin on a box of tac Marines or guardmen has to be in the order of at least 80-90%. All their machines are long paid off so it probably costs less than a few dollars to make a box, fuck they probably get taxed more to bring it into a country than it does to produce and get the things there.
>>
>>52496289
>Not ordering off of Amazon to avoid going outside
>>
>>52515790
Man, I miss the old Glen Burnie Battle Bunker.
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>52496289
Im a young guy who's too socially awkward to actually go to a store and ask about playing. I know no one who even knows what 40k is let alone plays it and Jesus Christ I really want to play. There's a GW store relatively close but again, I'm not good with people and order all my shit online.
>>
>>52522731
Stop being a /r9k/ beta faggot and grow a pair of balls.

>Hi GW store man, I've put together a 40k army and wondering when you guys do a game night so I can play some games?

Jesus Christ it's not hard.
>>
>>52522731
Chances are everyone else is as socially awkward as you. Don't be a pussy.
>>
>>52511095
>>52511236

Adelaide.
>>
>>52496780
>having to keep your voice down in fear of being asked to leave or fired for mentioning a non-GW product
Seems reasonable.
>>
>go into Games Workshop
>"Hi, do you need help with anything?"
>"No thanks, I'm just here for [reason]."
>"Okay, cool."

My local GW must have seen more than a dozen staff come and go over the years I've been going their and every single one of them has been like that. I guess I'm just destined to never have a FUCKING GAMES WORKSHOP story to tell over the internet.
>>
>>52515916
I mean 'something that is not an ill-fitted t-shirt and jeans/shorts.'

I will admit to being somewhat /fa/, but I've never worn something entirely bananas in public, unless you're counting fancy dress affairs. When I say 'normie clothes', I mean well fitted clothes. Skinny jeans, a nice jacket or casual blazer, a shirt that actually suits my proportions, etc. Usually subdued colours because I spent a year in Copenhagen and before I knew it I'd been absorbed into their weird 'primaries are for degenerates' hivemind.
>>
File: akhenaten_hawking_toys.jpg (267KB, 1461x1031px) Image search: [Google]
akhenaten_hawking_toys.jpg
267KB, 1461x1031px
>go in
>"Hey, how's it going?"
>"hemh"
>"Can I help you find anything?"
>*mumbles inaudibly*
>"Alright, I'll be over here if you need anything."
>"y-you too"

Will it ever end?
>>
File: copy that.jpg (266KB, 1462x1028px) Image search: [Google]
copy that.jpg
266KB, 1462x1028px
>>52524811
>>
I wish i had horror stories, but I don't have a GW in my country. Everytime I was abroad and went in, I was approached instantly by the guy and bombarded with questions in a friendly manner, sometimes slowly pushing towards a sell but I weave around it like the fucking Water Caste.

My last visit was in January and I only asked if they had a display Magnus so I can check the size. He said no but he'll do the next best thing. He opened the fucking box to show me the sprue and measure shit, no sell needed. What a lad.
>>
>be me
>Walk into GW store
>Almost right away a dude asks if I need some help
"Nah it's cool, just looking"
"Ok"
>A bit later I'm craving a conversation with the dude and I bring up that I'm looking for a place to work
>Next thing I know I'm filling out a application

And that's how an employee managed to somehow talk me into the job. I suspected warp fuckery and joked about this to him. Damn nice guy.
>>
>>52525089
I would love to work at a decent geedubs shop but I suspect 90% of it is dealing with shitty kids, 5% stress and the other 5% actually having fun.
>>
>>52516984
If it wasn't for Dark Vengeance I'd not have gotten into the hobby.
Since then, even without buying more models, I've spent a ton on paint, green stuff etc, and once I've finished painting my current guys I'm pretty likely to pick up an armoured assault box.

It gets them customers that otherwise wouldn't get into it. In turn, that sells more models, more paint, gives more people to play against etc.
It's good for everyone involved except grognards worried about people entering "their" hobby.
>>
>>52525128
I haven't had to deal with a shitty kid yet. Though a 12 year old has a nice army of guard and is surprisingly good at playing. I asked the kid "why guard?" And he said it reminded him of his dad, who was apparently a vet. Nice guy his dad, plays 'nids and had some sick looking old models.
>>
>>52496289
Was this pic taken at the Dark Tower?

I feel like I knew those guys.
>>
>>52517580

If you had antisocial personality disorder you'd be able to fake social skills. You're autistic. Or retarded.
>>
They should just drop the sale guy strategy. Adopt the quiet store guy strategy and offer assistance when requested.
>>
>>52496289
I always get side tracked by the store manager at my GW. We always talk about games and movies and shit and everyone is involved and we all have a good time. He's very genuine, and will disagree with you or agree with you passionately depending on your opinion. He'll be teaching children how to paint while arguing with another customer about an army or movie or something. He's really a lot of fun and haven't met someone like that before.

>>52522731
People at the GW store are really nice. Both employee and customer. Not only that, the manager will help you set up games. If you talk to them, they will ask other people for you if they want to play. It's super comfy. I was really nervous going into my store for obvious personal reasons, and despite all the issues with me, everyone is really nice to me, including the manager. I always have a lot of fun going in. There are plenty of socially awkward and weird people who act stand offish until you talk to them more. They are scared too.
>>
>>52519022
Holy hell, I wish mine did that.
>>
File: 3453139_n.jpg (46KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
3453139_n.jpg
46KB, 624x480px
>>52519022
literally the only one with a reason to suck GsjW's cock.
>>
>>52509443

>Walk in to literally ANY store
>Store clerk tries to sell me something

Do you even live in this reality? You know, you don't have to brag to the world that you're shopping at Walmart (or any other store with little to no customer support) at a regular basis. But what is described in this thread is actually just about any store worth its salt, and how they meet customers.
>>
>>52527637
>>Walk in to literally ANY store
>Store clerk tries to sell me something

>Know that I've already been profiled as criminal scum and loss-prevention is going to ride my ass until I leave.

Din-do-nuffin-wrong.jpg
>>
>>52525515
1. I never said I couldn't fake it all im saying is talking to people is tiresome I interact fine with many people most people say im a calm and funny person.
2.I've been diagnosed by 2 registered psychiatrists ill take their word over yours thanks.
>>
>>52529700
Holy fucking shit is this autist still here?
>>
>>52529842
at least they stopped avatarfagging
>>
File: 1432086055425.jpg (25KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
1432086055425.jpg
25KB, 800x536px
>>52519996

>Not knowing /tg/ is a normie board

Autists on /tg/ get their pants pulled down and spanked with moonrocks.
>>
This thread reeks of shills.
>>
>>52530911
Why would geedubs pay shills on fucking /tg/ of all places? We represent a fucking tiny portion of their customer base.

I'm sure I'll get called a shill for this.
>>
>>52496289
pretty much my entire experience, but at a local comic shop, after I got suckered into buying a starter kit, and I got out immediately afterwards in favor of heroclix. Infinitely cheaper, and as I understand, more fun.
>>
>>52530958

I am payed 120k a year to post on /tg/ by Games Workshop. I don't like the job, but I need the money to buy extra large magnum condoms because my dick is 9 inches long.
>>
>>52531076
Sweet deal mate.
>>
>>52531122

It's a pain having to get custom pants, if they are too tight the bulge scares children, and dogs bark because they can see I'm packing a thick juicy bone. Having a nine inch dick with a massive girth isn't easy, but someone has to do it.
>>
My current GW manager is a total bro, I won't say a word against him, he single handedly saved that store and built a community.

Have a story from a few years ago

>Walk into GW shop (I stress looking normal)
>Manager: er... can I.... help... you?
No thanks, just here to look at some paints
>Manager: er... are... you just... looking at... paints? Or ... are you going to ... buy?
Uh, well I guess if you have what I need I'll buy
>Manager: riiiiight...
ok...
(I pick up some paints)
>Manager: so those are the ones ... you... want to ... buy? (he paused after each word)
uhm... yep
>Manager: riiiiiiight
Actually, do you sell Barraroth Blue? I can't see it (This was before edge paints were not in store and quite new, I didn't know this)
>Manager: Barrof blue? Er... actually, I think you'll find... we only sell... paints... from Games Workshop
it IS a Games Workshop paint
>Manager: er... actually I've never heard of it, we don't ... sell... it... it's not... a Games Workshop... paint
Ok, this is a bit too much for me, don't worry about the paints, thanks
>Manager: er.... ok.... ?

And I didn't go back for a couple of years
>>
>>52525128
Yeah, I wish I could enjoy my hobby.

>want to work on a GW shop and talk about my hobby
>have no skill in painting
>shit in social situations
>have no patience or experience to deal with kids
>never played tabletop in my life
>>
>>52509017
I did something like this once, but didn't mean it in a weird way
>Sitting down at GW, painting and shooting the shit
>Friend and his GF come in
>She's studying art, and wants to try painting minis
>She looks eerily familiar
>Sit there, keep glancing at her trying to think where I know her from
>It was a little creepy, and felt like shit after
>They leave around lunch
>They sometimes come in every now and then to paint
>Stopped myself from staring at her after that, and nothing was said
>Still can't figure out if I met her before or not
>>
>>52496780
I love talking to redshirts about other games.
>>
>be 8-9 year old poor kid
>friend brings me to gw wanting to show off his cool army
>fall in love immediately
>too poor to get anything myself
>allowance is only $5 a week
>next holiday where I can get gifts is 8 months+ away
>save up for two months before managing to buy some skinks
>still can't really play and my shitty looking skinks just make me more sad
>one day decide to steal
>guy behind counter sees me do it
>just turns his head away
>over the next few months I steal more and more until I have an army I can actually play with
>one day hear the worker getting chewed out by his boss about theft increasing
>dude just plays stupid even though he knows it was me

I will always have a soft spot for GW employees because of this.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (28KB, 458x321px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
28KB, 458x321px
>>52531391
>Geedubs charges so much money for plastic toy soldiers that children have to resort to stealing them
>Mfw
>>
>>52515995
At least you have some extra paint and some termies to put on a shelf?
>>
So many of you have mentioned going in just for paint. Has it changed within the last few years. I switched to Vallejo because my GW paint pots kept on drying out.
>>
The hard sell behavior was one of the factors that turned me away from the stores, and the hobby in general. When I told them I play small scale stuff like Mordheim or Necromunda they often got passive aggressive. There were often out of control kids there too. Running around and snatching up your models without asking.
>>
>>52531253

She probably did porn.
>>
>>52518649
I don't know your war feels but I know what you mean about quieting your mind. It is so calming for some reason and unlike my other hobbies takes like 100% of my attention and doesn't make me rage.

I wish warhammer didn't have such a bad rap so more people were open to it.
>>
>>52532940
Painting is one of the more soothing activities for me too. People ask how I paint miniatures with my shaky hands. I joke about having a glass of wine first, but really when I pick up the brush and model the tremors go away.
>>
>Go to local GW store.
>Greeted by the manager, "How are you doing Anon?"
>Tell him I'm just picking up a copy of WD and putting in a pre-order for SW:A.
>About 15min before orders go active so we just chat about various things, check out his latest painting project. Discuss the floods we had recently.
>Orders go live, pay for my shit, take the WD and say bye to staff.
>Leave.

I'm fucking traumatised and need some full on counselling.

Seriously, I haven't been aggressively up-sold in a GW in years. Is it still a thing anywhere?
>>
>go to a gw to kill time two weeks ago
>haven't been there not given a fuck about warhammer for a decade
>some spergs playing but they look like having a blast
>start checking 40k boxes and see that they do start collecting and pretty nice stuff
Maybe this isn't as bad as I remember
>spergs scream from time to time while browsing
>start to check aos
>outta fucking nowhere he came
>hello! May I help you with something? Did you have something in mind? You were checking those boxes... blah blah
>oh boy here we go.png.exe
>ask about aos since I liked the models
>he explains and shows me the game
>pretty chill and fun experience except for the occasional scream and mumbled tantrum
>well, if you liked the game check the starters sets right there. If you need something I'll be there painting!
>he leaves
>I'm unsure of what happened but this wasn't like I remember these places or how tg wrote about them
>end buying some skellies to pass time and raise an undead army if I get back to the hobby
>two weeks later I have silver tower, 30 skeletons, a wight king, a lord of change, slambo™ and the talons of the emperor box.
Fucking geedubs how dare they to leave me to my own devices.

The store is run by a single guy and he's really chill and a genuinely good guy, sometimes the salesman takes over but it's his job and "just say no, thx". I buy and paint based on what I like, but the place is nice and the spergs when they control themselves are okay to talk to so I'm thinking to start an army again. Now if they did sales or lowered 5-10% the prices overall it would be the cherry on top.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.