[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Rising Sun Never Sets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0834.png (14KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0834.png
14KB, 800x400px
My setting is a cross between the British Isles and Japan

Politely requesting pics for inspiration and world building suggestions
>>
I read a comic once that was a British steampunk anime setting and the characters eventually realized that their technology couldn't really function under the laws of physics, and then realized that they were actually fictional characters

It had a lot of good visuals you could lift.
>>
>>52490355
>The rising sun never sets
No duh. That would be like saying growing flower shrinks.
>>
File: street samurai.jpg (136KB, 746x1071px) Image search: [Google]
street samurai.jpg
136KB, 746x1071px
>>52490355
So are you looking for westaboo Japanese, or weaboo Victorians?
>>
>>52490355
What if the British royal line married into the Japanese Imperial line and created one super monarchy?
>>
>>52490355
Xenophobic expansionism?
>>
>>52490355
The most sexually repressed people ever.
>>
>>52490518
>sun never sets on british empire
>land of the rising sun

You dont need to be a history buff to get the mash up
>>
>>52490355
A larger emphasis on Samurai/Knight Feudal dynamics, extremely sexually repressed people (which spawns inversely equally fucked up people), and pirates. Also, a lot of dragon imagery.
>>
>>52490764
It's not really a one-for-one thing.

It's a vaguely pre-modern archipelago with influence from both. Racially they look ambiguously eurasian.
>>52490856
>cock hungry slags prowl the night for beta lovin'

lol
>>
if going for feudal setting, honor code like chivalry and bushido, and an elite warrior class

if imperial setting, lots of factories and stronk navy
>>
>>52490939
>Le repressed brits and nips meme

FFS westerners were shocked by the utterly casual attitude the japanese had about sex. And britain was almost as bad before middle-class victorian moral crusaders with too much time on their hands showed up. You could buy a 14 year old girl for the cost of a modern PlayStation in London.
>>
>>52490990
>honor code like chivalry and bushido
>lots of factories and stronk navy

Why not both?
>>
>>52491041
I feel like if the brits were so repressed the magna carta wouldn't have been a thing. Ever since christianization of europe, the brits in particular seemed significantly less repressed and more liberty loving than the rest of europe. I mean we're talking about the culture that basically spawned liberalism and the american revolution
>>
File: t01nsnA.jpg (117KB, 599x757px) Image search: [Google]
t01nsnA.jpg
117KB, 599x757px
>>52491041
Yep, the British are pretty sexually adventurous, alright.
>>
>>52490355
If you want J-steampink go read Jay Kristoff's Lotus war trilogy. it's fantastic and has great elements of both. can't say much for an english aesthetic, so i'd recommend the leviathan trilogy as well by scott westerfeld. fantastic art in it as well.
>>
>>52491090

Also the culture that spawned the puritans.

The brits are less entirely "liberal" or "repressed" - more "schizophrenic" and alternating between both.
>>
>>52491813
U wot m8?
>>
>>52490355
Double dose of tea-obsession?
>>
>>52490355
What about a Japan that had been colonized and partially Anglicized by a neo-British global Empire, and is now ruled as a vice-regal crown colony? Perhaps with the campaign involving the players interacting with an uprising for Japanese independence.
>>
>>52490355
Etiquette must be insane in this setting, you're mixing to of the most polite nations in the world both having written and unwritten rules and horrible consequences for failure. Personally I think you're missing a trick by not making them a bit more Early Modern at least, but do as you wish.
>>
File: Title_page_of_The_Book_of_Tea.jpg (19KB, 430x767px) Image search: [Google]
Title_page_of_The_Book_of_Tea.jpg
19KB, 430x767px
Be sure to include sick bantz between western tea sippers and eastern teaism devotees

>In our common parlance we speak of the man "with no tea" in him, when he is insusceptible to the serio-comic interests of the personal drama. Again we stigmatise the untamed aesthete who, regardless of the mundane tragedy, runs riot in the springtide of emancipated emotions, as one "with too much tea" in him.

The outsider may indeed wonder at this seeming much ado about nothing. What a tempest in a tea-cup! he will say. But when we consider how small after all the cup of human enjoyment is, how soon overflowed with tears, how easily drained to the dregs in our quenchless thirst for infinity, we shall not blame ourselves for making so much of the tea-cup. Mankind has done worse. In the worship of Bacchus, we have sacrificed too freely; and we have even transfigured the gory image of Mars. Why not consecrate ourselves to the queen of the Camelias, and revel in the warm stream of sympathy that flows from her altar? In the liquid amber within the ivory-porcelain, the initiated may touch the sweet reticence of Confucius, the piquancy of Laotse, and the ethereal aroma of Sakyamuni himself.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/769
>>
>>52490789

Fuck me, it reads like the plot for the next Red Alert title.
>>
>>52496415
>hell march with super brit mechs.
>>
>>52490355
Western straight swords or Eastern curved swords?
>>
>>52490355
Perfidy + Brutality, the perfect evil empire.
>>
>>52496382
What the hell did they put in their tea? Damn.
>>
>>52497164
Opium.
>>
>>52497164
Literally nothing, that was the whole point of teaism and zen. It's a big part of what the book is about.

>>52497276
That was China.
>>
File: Bangers and Mashimi.jpg (98KB, 440x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bangers and Mashimi.jpg
98KB, 440x400px
Obligatory
>>
>>52497346
wtf is this
>>
>>52494926
Ledouce get out and stay out, dad's trying to kill God
>>
>>52501639
not this shit again
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.