[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: Gauth Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 401
Thread images: 55

File: med (32).jpg (37KB, 451x512px) Image search: [Google]
med (32).jpg
37KB, 451x512px
>Latest UA: A Trio of Subclasses
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/trio-subclasses

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.me/5eg

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

What's your favorite non-MM monster in 5e so far? I'm partial to Gauths, myself. Pretty simple but a great edition to encounters with other control-prone aberrations.
>>
File: Nilobg-5e[1].jpg (197KB, 1200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Nilobg-5e[1].jpg
197KB, 1200x1650px
Was there any bullshit in your sessions today? I swear April 1st is the most cancerous day of the year.
>>
>>52489849
I had little prep and most of the group (myself included) felt like shit. My game went super off the rails with verbal shitposting, in-jokes, and memes.

Still pretty fun though, and they made okay progress story-wise.
>>
>>52489849
Nope actually. Had one of the better sessions in recent memory by mainly focusing on individual character interactions as they explore the city and get to know the important npc
>>
Are the d&d board games any good?
>>
So, what do other players do D&D wise? I already customized the fuck out of my character sheet. I wanna do more for the game, but I don't know what
>>
>>52489985
Between sessions*
>>
Party of 5 level 5 characters took on a CR 15 challenge today and won
>>
>>52489970
Lords of Waterdeep is an alright resource farming/management game. I've played it twice with friends, and it is fairly enjoyable.
>>
File: Kobold hatchling.jpg (161KB, 650x593px) Image search: [Google]
Kobold hatchling.jpg
161KB, 650x593px
>>52489985
>>52489998
Talk with your DM. If you're hankering for more, there's a chance that others might be as well. Even if they won't give you a full session, they may set-up some sort of in-between/downtime thing.
>>
So I want to give my DM a break and do his job for a while. Never DMed before. Any tips? Any campaign plot ideas?
>>
>>52490006
Even with legendary actions, single-monster fights are lopsided. I finished a campaign with 6 level 11s against a CR 24 monster with legendary actions and they beat him without dying. It was tought but they won hands-down.
>>
Stat this monster. "Horseman of Orcus"
>>
>>52490093
Oh boy, that's a big job you're taking on. Creating a campaign on your own is going to be crazy hard without a vision you want to pull off.

DMing is a job of passion and drive, where you have to power through both your own dreams and the abilities of players. You'll have to find something that you want to create, or go with a prefab campaign.

If I were you, look to things you enjoy, and mix-match them into a world. It doesn't have to be fantasy, but it tends to be.
>>
File: 1454324869455.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454324869455.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>Cast Polymorph
>You become a Giant Ape
>Leap into battle
>First hit, breaks your concentration
>Polymorph drops, you're Barry the Wizard again

????
>>
File: Race-Dragonborn[1].jpg (136KB, 1280x607px) Image search: [Google]
Race-Dragonborn[1].jpg
136KB, 1280x607px
Is this the worst race in the game?
>>
>>52490253
Polymorph should be cast on the buffest dude in the party while its caster sits in the back throwing out non-concentration spells.
>>
>>52490253
Can you even maintain concentration while polymorphed in the first place?

You're supposed to polymorph your party members anyways. If you want to polymorph yourself, play druid.
>>
>>52490006
Action economy (and resource drain) is a thing. You put single monsters against a party at full or near full resources and they can take things far above their power level.

What was the monster?

Also I realized monster HP is NOT balanced around a party with Great Weapon Master and/or Sharpshooter. Having PCs with both feats in my party, I've taken to increasing the HP of everything they fight.
>>
>>52490276
That isn't a Genasi.
>>
>>52490276
Not like crunch wise, but fluff and art is pretty bad for em.
>>
>>52490276
yep. why were they ever conceived, let alone made core
>>
>>52490276
don't look like no kobold to me, massuh.
>>
>>52490276
Doesn't look like Human (Variant)
>>
What are some creative uses for the Command spell?
>>
>>52490360
Because it was weird after a while how many players asked why couldn't they play Dragon in the dungeon.

The important part here is why can't I play as a Dungeonborn?
>>
>>52490364
Nigger what?
>>
>>52490093
A plague from the Feywild is spreading throughout the forests of the Prime Material Plane, infecting Magical Creatures and turning them into abominations.
>>
File: 1490234412114.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490234412114.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>>52490317
>Having PCs with both feats in my party, I've taken to increasing the HP of everything they fight.
I'd play with you.
>>
>>52490346
Which race is worse crunch wise?
>>
>>52490373
"Give" is great, if you fluff it with some gestures to get additional info across. You could disarm them, or have them fetch something from the battlefield/area.
"Betray"
I feel the default "Grovel" one could be powerful in setting up a mean round against the enemy.
>>
File: 1412730585698.gif (723KB, 246x255px) Image search: [Google]
1412730585698.gif
723KB, 246x255px
>>52490317
Speaking of the action economy, let me tell you a story.

>DM talks to me about how the day's session is going to be insane
>When I ask why, he says he's pitting us against a boss that's going to "ruin us without (helping DMPC)'s help"
>He goes on to explain that he's going to send one level 15 against us level 5s and that "he has over 120 hitpoints."
>I tell him even though he'll be strong, action economy is going to fuck this dude over hard
>He looks at me and says, "What is an action economy?"
>He's been DMing for over three years now
>When we actually fight the boss, he's getting fucked
>It's a generated PC, Battle Master Fighter Level 15
>Strong, but runs out of Superiority Dice 2 rounds in and can only regen so much
>By the end of the third round, he's down to 14 HP out of 138
>DM is visibly nervous as the group is excited to almost kill the final boss so fast
>DM only then mentions that the final boss has some magic item that allows him to regenerate 6d6 plus his fighter level every turn
>Also seems to think Fighters get unlimited Second Winds at 15th level
>"Your friends start sounding the retreat, if you don't go now you'll almost certainly die"
>Would've killed the final boss at least a dozen sessions early if the DM didn't pull super unbreakable regen out
>>
>>52490464
Kobold easily. Not a contest at all.
>>
>>52490464
Orcs, for having negatives to stats.

Kenku are worse in fluff for anyone except players who only watch passively outside of combat.
>>
>>52489816
Not-Lion clan from L5R
Variant human option
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength, Constitution and Charisma are increased by 1.
Martial Technique. When you use the Aid action, you grant 1d4 additional bonus to your ally’s roll.
You may use the Aid action as a bonus action once. You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.
Deadly precision. You may use a bonus action to gain advantage on your next attack, until the end of your turn. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
Roar. As a bonus action, you can unleash a mighty roar, which boosts your confidence and morale. You gain temporary hit points equal to half your level (rounded up). These temporary hit points vanish after one minute. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
Hold position. When you have an ally creature engaged in combat, within 5 feet of you, you gain advantage on Saving throws to avoid becoming frightened or being moved against your will.
As a Reaction, you may grant half your proficiency bonus to Saving Throws for one ally within 5 feet of you. Once you use this reaction, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.
Ancestor’s pride. During a long rest, you may meditate to seek advice from your ancestors. They are very wise and knowledgeable (still they aren’t all seeing and all knowing), but will demand utmost honor from you, otherwise you won’t be able to contact them. They can help guide your ethical, political and strategic choices.
Militaristic Knowledge. You have advantage on checks related to knowledge of the bushido and Intelligence (History) checks related to military tactics.
Storytellers. You may add half your proficiency bonus to skills related to telling the stories of your clan’s great deeds or attract sympathy towards you and your clan. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.

What do you guys think?
>inb4 shit
>>
>>52490494
Good, kobold fags suck
>>
>>52490491
Three years? I wanna feel sorry for him, but come on.
>>
>>52490510
>Orcs, for having negatives to stats

One stat, and a totally irrelevant one for anyone but a wizard.
>>
>>52490276
Well considering only LG edgy teens gravitate towards them to enact fetishes, yep.

But any non standard race is degenerate.
>>
>>52490519
>making a human that is not the middle balanced guy that does not excell at anything if he doesnt pick up a feat as the REAL variant human
It's different and I don't like it.
>>
>>52490491
Its a lesson all DMs learn. A high HP meat shield means nothing if it gets only 1 turn every 6 rounds of combat.

Keeping things 1:1 or even outnumbering PCs is much more challenging.

One big guy and 10 shitty gobbos is much better.
>>
>>52489816
Oldfag 3.5 player/DM here, got into a 5e game for the first time the other day and am still getting used to things as a player, not DM.

Am I correct in the idea that if I don't want to be a bitch half-assed fighter, I have to dual class Fighter/Fighter to get Champion and Battlemaster Archetypes?
>>
>>52490611
>But any non standard race is degenerate.
You silly.
>>
File: Arnold.jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold.jpg
5KB, 217x232px
>>52490676
>dual class Fighter/Fighter
>>
>>52490676
>Am I correct in the idea that if I don't want to be a bitch half-assed fighter, I have to dual class Fighter/Fighter to get Champion and Battlemaster Archetypes?
You can't multiclass into the same class twice.

Champion fighter is solid but boring.

Battle Master fighter is godfighter.

Eldritch Knight is a tanky fighter with magical utility.

All of them are playable.
>>
>>52490700
>Fighter14/Fighter6
>>
drow genocide when
>>
File: Feminist_by_MeMyMine.jpg (160KB, 780x868px) Image search: [Google]
Feminist_by_MeMyMine.jpg
160KB, 780x868px
>>52490714
>You can't multiclass into the same class twice.
Normally yeah, but this DM is green as hell and I'm convincing him of anything I want to do as he's relying on me to remind him of everything he's forgetting mid session.

I think I can convince him of this. I already got him out of a point buy system first sesh and went for a 1:1 ability score pool distribution system with a 70 point limit. Everyone's now OP as hell at level 1.
>>
>>52490758
No time like the present.
>>
>>52490766
you are an awful person
>>
>>52490766
You are terrible, but amusing.
Report back.
>>
>>52490766
You are a bully
>>
>>52490766
don't give a darn, huh?
>>
>>52490519
Woah, thats like a Paladin must.
>Martial technique
looks ok.
>Deadly precision
boring, but also strong.
>Roar
Cool, but not very useful at most levels.
>Hold position
looks good, reminds me of the halfling Brave trait
>Ancestors pride
Weird, needs to fix the text.
>Militatistic knoledge +storytelles
I'll guess thats fluff shit, due to being very circunstancial. Ok, I guess.
>>
>>52490766

Congratz on ruining the gaming experience of other novice players.
>>
>>52490519
That would give lots of options during combat for martials.
I hate it.

Also,
>3 stats +1
REEEEEEE
>>
File: gilgamesh-amano.jpg (76KB, 400x602px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh-amano.jpg
76KB, 400x602px
>>52490783
Lol. Yeah, probably. I did say I was a DM before.

I'm using it as an object lesson though: don't ever let a player control your game. I've already written him an email about the 70 point thing.

So the answer is yes on Fighter/Fighter then? lvl 17/3 to get maximum Battlemaster usage and the improved critical from Champion?
>>
>>52490519
>Ability Score Increase. Your Strength, Constitution and Charisma are increased by 1.
Shit, don't even have to finish it.

>>52490766
Virt?
>>
>>52490882
It's April Fools bro
>>
>>52490828
Hah, no. I passed the IRL persuasion check my friend.
>>
>>52490807
That's the plan!
>>
>>52490519
Ok, kid I will help you, you want to make a human that is on par with elfs, dwarfs and shit in terms of traits and shit, ok.
>ability score
just ability scores melee fags would love, paladins, fighters and barbarians in this order. Why would you pick anything else if you can pick this? Boring.
>martial
nobody ever uses the aid action. As a bonus action /LR ?basicly useless.
>deadly precision
go play barbarian
>roar
le tank meme. stupid.
>hold position
OP as fuck
>ancestors pride
gay
>military shit
useless
>storyfag
useless

It's shit/10.Congrats, asshole.
>>
>>52490922

>implying that /tg/ isn't always that guy
>>
>>52490932
>>52490932
>>52490766
>>52490676
>I was only pretending to be an asshole!
>>
Fuck niggers. Seriously. It has been an awesome day, I had my first session with a new group, rolled exceptionally well (18-15-15-14-12-11), had a great time roleplaying, and then got fucking mugged on the way back home. The chimp duo took my bag which had my notebook almost full of college annotations, together with my tablet which had tons of personal stuff and even a fucking panettone I got on a sale.
I'm fucking done man, it's humiliating handing things I got from my hard work to some random fucker on the street.
From now on I'll be packing heat, next time someone tries to take my stuff only one of us will walk away.
Sorry for ranting, I know it's not the right place, but I don't want to talk to this with people irl and /pol/ is down, and since I spent most of the day doing /tg/ stuff, my natural reaction was to run here.
Hope you guys had a better day.
>>
>>52490519
looks ok, if I got it right. Lots of option, with limited and tactical use and some small fluff bonuses.
I would just worry about players trying to push the speak with ancestors feature to emulate divination spells like detect objects, identify and speak with the dead.
>>
>>52490900
This has to be bait.
But no, that's still dumb. Suboptimal, on top of being a retarded idea: Fighter's capstone is their third Extra Attack, which blows Champion's shitty crit range increase out of the water comparatively.

Post more Gilgamesh.
>>
>>52490519
Eh, its better than a paladin elf.
>>
File: 1484333032579.png (562KB, 656x702px) Image search: [Google]
1484333032579.png
562KB, 656x702px
>>52491037
That really sucks dude.
>>
>>52490168
>>52490317
It was woven of haha with lair actions. A kensei monk with GWM and a greatsword and artificer with sharpshooter. The monk running around stunning haha wrecked action economy in the worst way.
>>
>>52491037
Dude, that shouldn't have happened, and I hope those mofos get arrested and sent to pound em in the ass jail. That said- where are you going to keep your gun, because that will get stolen like your bag just was.
>>
>>52490427
>I'd play with you.
Thanks? What makes you say that?

>>52490491
There comes a moment in every DM's "career" where they learn this. Thankfully mine was very early on when I threw a CR 4 Ettin against 4 level 3s thinking it'd be a tough fight (Hard encounter, after all), but he barely threatened them.
>>
>>52490519
Not as good and versatile as variant human, but better than normal human, which is not hard.
Therefore its FUCKING BROKEN REEEEEEEEE
EDGY WEABOO FAGGOT REEEE
>>
>>52491152
banning variant human when
>>
>>52491120
Coven of hags. Phoneposting is bad
>>
>>52491157
Fucking never, variant human is fun and people only hate it because they think having anything marginally stronger than a goblin at level one is having badwrongfun.
>>
>>52491120
>>52491171
>woven of haha

kek
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-26_at_11.jpg (39KB, 850x477px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-26_at_11.jpg
39KB, 850x477px
>>52491057
Really? Like I said I'm still absorbing the player's guide over the last couple days, getting to know the simplified systems. I already took the Great Weapon Fighting style and was going to get G Weapon mastery so that I could get an extra attack on any kills with a greatsword, eliminating the need for the 3rd attack capstone at 20. Combined with the greater crit range (and no crit checks since all 20s are now auto crits) and the lucky feat I figured I could get 3 hits and make crits rain all day. Especially with superiority dice on top of all of that.
>>
>>52491037
>mfw spic and swordfighting is a valid and proven defence.
>>
>>52491037
If you really do plan on getting a gun for self defense invest in defense and hostile situation training courses otherwise you'll just end up making a bad situation worse.
>>
File: ffvi__Setzer_by_prince_opeo.jpg (292KB, 683x669px) Image search: [Google]
ffvi__Setzer_by_prince_opeo.jpg
292KB, 683x669px
>>52490994
Lol. Not saying I'm not an asshole, just not a bully. There's a difference.
>>
>>52490519
Look kid, Im a seasoned player, some might even say that Im one of the best, if not the best, gamer this board has to offer. Dont believe me? I have over 400 hundred board games at my house, over a 100 at my arms reach right now. Card games? I got a deck for every possible combination of cards of M:tg, I even go to tournments and shit. No biggie. D&D? I'm proud to say that as a player I'm always the party leader, maxed as I can be and I'm not afraid of taking that extra edge that puts me ahead of enemies and allies alike. Hell, I got to get paid for having sex with hot girls and killing dragons with my expert builds. I like to shit on the GM one-directional adventures, by solving it with brains and brawl instead of one or the other, wether the party likes it or not. When Im the GM, Im proud to say that NO PARTY ever finished one of my adventures. Think you're gonna face some lazy sleepy goblins? Think again, they are fully trained comandos, that will attack and take full cover before you can do shit. Dont hate the player, hate the game. WH40K? Dont even get me started, kiddo, shit would blow your weaklings mind on how real it gets.
So, you listen, kiddo, and you listen good, because this will be a freebie:
>3 stats
are you fucking serious? you little shit, you should know (if you ever played D&D) that no race got 3 stats, but faggy races. Trash.
>all this aid shit
Aid is as tactical as going to melee with AC 10. sad.
>Precision
OP bullshit, would ban.
>roar
gay edgelord furry shit, may as well call it yiff
>hold position
need a buddy to do shit dwarfs and halflings can do better? Thats gay and stupid, every true warrior knows that strenght comes from within. think before you type, retard.
>ancestors pride
ARE YOU SERIOUS? Are you fucking serious??? this is the gayest shit I've read today, old faggots that are wise but can't do shit that you wouldnt figure out by yourself, PLUS you have to have "honor" or some shit? Fuck that baby shit.
>>
>>52491037
Sorry man. Do you have a way to track the location of your tablet?
>>
>>52491037
That is one of my worst fears. I am sorry that happened to you, and I'm glad you're safe,
>>
>>52490900
>Be asshole DM
>Find new DM
>Be asshole player to new DM
>Teach new DM to be asshole DM to protect against asshole players

Take note. This is how asshole DMs reproduce. They are prions.
>>
>>52490491
I know intimately that having just one baddie sucks. It gets shat on every time. It just always feels so lame to me to have the giant dude with a huge weapon and magic... and also fifteen little archer friends. I keep falling into the temptation.
>>
>>52491037
Sorry to hear that, senpai.
>>
>>52491262
This looks familiar.
>>
File: NierAE.jpg (183KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
NierAE.jpg
183KB, 1200x1200px
>>52491300
That's why you build up group villains. A duo that has correlating goals, or some kind of bond that links them together.
>>
File: TOart-14 Lans Tartare.jpg (17KB, 280x420px) Image search: [Google]
TOart-14 Lans Tartare.jpg
17KB, 280x420px
>>52491286
> pretending asshole DMs don't come up with the best scenarios, traps, and NPCs

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a D&D general not a WoD chicklit fest

Have you never even attempted a Vault of Horrors run with an asshole DM before?

If no, then you've never really table topped.
>>
>>52491120
>>52491171
I just sat here for a full minute laughing at "woven of haha"
>>
File: 1463586967847.png (940KB, 580x775px) Image search: [Google]
1463586967847.png
940KB, 580x775px
>>52491037
Its ok anon. The race war is coming. Soon your country will be saved.
>>
The more I think about it, the more I think short rests should be 10 minutes long, and long rests 8 hours. It solves so many of 5e's balance issues.
>>
>>52491133
I live in a shithole, so the chance they'll get caught is marginally over zero.
I'm not really a gun connoisseur, but I think a proper belt with a somewhat loose shirt should hold and hide it pretty decently. Seriously, the gun-nigger was fucking sloppy when putting my bag on his back, pretty much anyone in my position could have successfully reacted if they had a gun by their side.

>>52491085
Yup.

>>52491199
Would be pretty comfy to *teleport behind him*

>>52491221
Thanks for the advice my man.

>>52491275
If they get the wifi on, yes, I think. But they probably won't until they format it or something.
But even if I do track it, the cops won't go after it. That's the workings.

>>52491280
>>52491310
Thanks lads, means a lot to me.
>>
>>52491374
Not thicc enough. Sad!
>>
>>52491396
Move to the south man. We don't have a racism problem or a race problem anymore. Not like those fucking yanks.
>>
>>52491361
>Vault of Horrors
>Dungeon of Creeps
>Cage of Spooks
>Box of Scaries
>Container of Fears
>>52491396
>Would be pretty comfy to *teleport behind him*
Its more about the fact that almost no one has guns here, and having a bigger knife is often good enough. The weapon of choice here are either the Corvos (Martial) or Sabres.
>>
>>52491374
>brazil
Don't think so bro, we're too far gone
>>52491438
See above
>>
>>52491396
>But even if I do track it, the cops won't go after it

Oh anon, you poor soul. That's not what I meant.

You have to go full Death Wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBaSGEff-qI
>>
>>52491193
Yeah, I don't have the numbers on me, but realistically speaking a crit range increase would never amount to as much damage as a whole another attack, even with advantage.
Great Weapon Fighting is alright (particularly good if your GM doesn't use the errata), so you chose well there, and it pairs nicely with Great Weapon Master, whose main selling point is the +10 bonus to damage rolls and not the extra attack on kills or crits anyway.
Lucky's alright, but using it just to fish for criticals and see if MAYBE you can increase you damage by a bit would seem silly, to me. Hell, if you want more damage, consider Polearm Master for the 1d4+STR bonus action attack. Polearms deal less damage than 2d6 weapon, but said bonus attack helps tip the scale, on top of being an available option every single turn unless you use your bonus action for something else.

Sorry for the lack of formatting and maybe rambling, it's early but I'm suddenly feeling rather tired.
>>
>>52491396
>*teleport behind him*

Ugh, I actually did this the other day with Misty Step followed into a Shocking Grasp. I missed the chance to say "Nothing PERSONNEL kid"
>>
Is there a spell sheet intended for half casters (official or not)?

All the wasted space on the normal one bugs me.
>>
>>52491497
I see. Not many people have guns here, but if a fight breaks out you have a good shot (heh) of either get jumped by a whole pack or getting a few extra holes by someone who does have a gun. We could definitely see more use of the Peixeiras, big fucking knifes used mainly for cutting fish (hence the name), but infamous by being wielded by some regional stereotypes.

>>52491509
Just imagined myself doing this in a favela. Would need some pretty good plot armor to go throught with it.

>>52491552
I might try stone sorcerer sometime. It's like it was meant to this.
>>
>>52491622
Get used to Adobe Illustrator and just modify an existing one. That's what I had to do with my Sorcerer spell sheet.

Or try this guy's sheets

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/193298/
>>
>>52491528
Mm. Fair enough anon. I was mostly just surprised at the easy crits in 5e after our first session as without a 2nd roll for a check improved crit range seems fairly OP to me at first glance. Which seems to me why there's no feat for it and they've limited it to one archetype of the fighter class.

While Battle Master seems like an overall superior melee option to Champion rolling a fighter, combining even the improved 5% crit chance on top of superiority dice just seems like it has a chance to absolutely break this game damage wise (for a fighter anyway). And I mean, just getting the "Light Battle Master" Martial mastery feats means the reverse (mainline Champion with light BM flavor through feats) is definitely possible. The fact that the reverse isn't as obvious without dual-classing Fighter/Fighter like I'm toying around with seems to be about balance.

But like I said, pretty new to this edition and figuring everything out. Will take your points under consideration.

Now - is there any legit way to dual wield Great weapons?

Oh, and have a good Gilgamesh.
>>
File: dragon-1.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-1.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
>>52490276
would dragon kin be better if they looked a little more humanoid?
>>
>>52491798
Pathfinder general is leaking again.
>>
>>52491037
>rolling for stats
you had it coming
>>
>>52490276
>boobs
>>
File: Finalcircles.gif (14KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
Finalcircles.gif
14KB, 361x361px
how do i balance this feature so its useful enough at low levels but still equally as detrimental? ide like it to grow stronger overtime

player chooses any type of damage, he can then use his bonus action to make a ranged or melee spell attack with a free hand, + proficiency bonus to atk, deals 1d4 of that damage and another d4 at lvls 3,6,9,12 and so on. player is also vulnerable to that type of damage.
>>
>>52491874
that's how you tell they're not a beast race.
>>
my cat burglar arcane trickster is going to be level 14 soon and i took fog cloud and rope trick as his spell selections but i don't know what to pick for his 3rd level spell
i'm considering nondetection or haste to become even more elusive or dispell magic to deal with non-mundane traps
>>
What psi-point cost should a Disguise Self-type effect have for Mystic?

Also rather than making a whole new discipline for it I'll likely tack it onto an existing once.

Or would it make more sense as a talent? On one hand it seems a bit strong for a talent, on the other talents seem more on par with Invocations than cantrips to me.
>>
>>52491960
>psi-point cost
Seriously? They're just spell points with a different name. Two.
>>
>>52492000
>mfw im retarded
Thank you for your wisdoms anon
>>
>>52491960
Look at the spellpoint variant rule and translate.
>>52492000
Like that dor every spell you want to adapt.
>>
>>52492014
>mfw no face
>>
>>52491867
Took longer than I thought. You guys are growing soft.
>>
>>52491690
Huh. Are you from Rio?
>>
>>52492099
São Paulo. Went to Rio a couple of times, don't think I could stand living there.
>>
What would an Illithid orc look like?
>>
>>52491794
Champion isn't particularly impressive with standard fighter damage die, or just adding maneuvers (which you can do with a feat, no need to do rules illegal shit like dual classing the same fucking class).

The way Champion can be argued to become decent is if you start piling up various on-crit effects, like Half-Orc's racial, or MC Barbarian, or more reasonably Paladin Smites and Rogue Sneak Attack - but even then crits aren't reliable, and against weaker enemies will be bound to damage inefficiency from overkill.

But if you want a crit-fishing build, by all means, Champion 3 / Arcane Trickster X using Booming Blade
>>
>>52492127
A malnourished illithid.
Tiny brains make bad dinner.
>>
>>52492180
From what I've read various races turn into different things. Sorta like zerg larva.
>>
File: 1491109480762.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491109480762.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Thinking of making a bard with boots for his spellcasting focus.

Assuming my DM lets me, what's the best idea for a bard focused around mobility and one that can stay in melee?

I was thinking Swords or Satire but Swords doesn't really capture the mobility thing and Satire doesn't make sense in melee, I could always go Warlock or Rogue as well. For race I'm thinking Human with the Mobile feat.
>>
File: OOZFYIB.jpg (100KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
OOZFYIB.jpg
100KB, 1080x1349px
>>52491401
This should sate your thirst
>>
>>52491920
I would recognize that element circle from a mile away.
>>
>>52491505
>brazil
>>
File: tvDFTer.jpg (232KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tvDFTer.jpg
232KB, 960x1280px
>>52492335
>>
File: ffvi_figaro_by_prema_ja.jpg (165KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
ffvi_figaro_by_prema_ja.jpg
165KB, 600x793px
>>52492149
The funny thing is, I was always mostly joking about dual-classing in fighter/fighter, but the more I think about it, why the hell does this not make sense?

I mean, if you learn any skill in a field up to the point of specialization - say a particular set of programming languages, or you learn how to get really good with Japanese auto mechanics - it SHOULD be much easier to learn another specialization of the same general field rather than an entirely new field, right?

I mean if I know how to program in C++, learning how to code in in Erlang should be easier than learning how to play guitar. If I learn carpentry and construction, picking up plumbing will be easier than astrophysics.

Logically it should make more sense to dual-class archetypical specializations than to learn whole other classes.
>>
File: enji harley thighs.png (253KB, 368x597px) Image search: [Google]
enji harley thighs.png
253KB, 368x597px
>>52491401
How thick do you like things?
>>
>>52492496
Doesn't matter; game wasn't designed that way.
>>
>>52492335
>>52492458
Oh look, lazy cosplay #48.
>>
>Making a Wizard
>Want to play good guy detective, using magic to solve cases.
>Think it would be cool if he was a Necromancer, using spells to raise the dead just to question them to help solve murder cases.
>Finish my char.
>Wizards don't get Speak with Dead.

How is it that a Necromancer can't learn that shit?
>>
>>52492496
Mechanical balance issues aside, it would work more or less alright with some classes, but it wouldn't be feasible with many more.
Paladin as a borderline case, of course, since they're a class mainly defined by their adderence to a particularly powerful Oath.

>>52492509
Please no more. I wanted to go to sleep, not masturbate.
>>
File: 1436597336888.jpg (33KB, 500x806px) Image search: [Google]
1436597336888.jpg
33KB, 500x806px
>>52492542
A good fap before bedtime is a nice way to go rest, anon.
>>
>>52492523
conjurers only get one conjuration spell, for elementals

amazing
>>
Anyone know where all the transparent PNGs used to create all the images came from or if there is a dump somewhere?
>>
>>52492620
They did add in the UA spells. There's Conjure spells for levels 3-7 in there for Wizards and Sorcerers I think.
>>
>>52492620
This makes me sad.
>>
File: 1490445578230.png (90KB, 193x268px) Image search: [Google]
1490445578230.png
90KB, 193x268px
>>52492623
>>
>>52492564
Maybe I say this because I'm tired, but people really should appreciate thighs more.
>>
Did some minor updates to my succubus-themed warlock patron, if anyone's degenerate enough to care.

https://pastebin.com/6xz9N0T7
Changes:
>level 1 ability usably once per short rest, down from twice
>level 14 ability clarified to only affect living targets
>cleaned up the wording and formatting
>>
>>52492665
I've got most of them, but all the new ones in the mega are stylised already. Suggests they exist.
>>
>>52492564
Those legs sure need more muscle/thiccness.
>>
What are the best spells for a Valor Bard both on and off their spell list?
>>
>>52492684
>the whore queen
Couldn't come with a better name, huh?
>>
>>52492523
Make a cleric instead? Knowledge Cleric would make for an awesome detective type.

Alternatively, talk to your DM. He might be cool with you picking Speak with Dead as one of your spells.
>>
>>52492719
That's what high-ranking succubi are called, last I heard.
>>
>>52492725
dunno, may just have to go divination Wizard Instead. Apparently party I want to join sucks on the Intelligence and perception side and have no wizard. So I literally made this char to fill in that role.
>>
>>52492523
>Pushing Daisies
>>
Y'all ever do random memory sessions? I had a player ask to play on discord when everyone was busy so I made up a session starting "[character] remembers a day of their past" then ran through a backstory event I made up off the top of my head. It was a bit of a struggle but it allowed me to flesh out an area in a homebrewed campaign setting that I haven't gotten around to detail yet.

It seems allowing players to rp random memory sessions really helps them connect with their characters in a way I hadn't thought of before until it just came to me
>>
>>52492564
>SNU SNU
>>
File: 1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif (1MB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif
1MB, 320x234px
>>52492751
>Look it up.

Just when I thought I was making something original I am reminded once again I am a hack.
>>
>>52492750
>Apparently party I want to join sucks on the Intelligence and perception side
Have you even read what the Knowledge domain does? At 1st level they get expertise with two Intelligence skills. They can also use Channel Divinity to gain proficiency with a skill or tool for 10 minutes, or to read thoughts. Speak with Dead is even one of the domain spells. And as a cleric, your perception will be great if you take proficiency in it from your background or race.

Clerics are very versatile and always a great addition to a party.
>>
Should I let the Ranger just use Handaxes with Dexterity or just refluff his Shortswords?
>>
>>52492781
There is nothing original left in the world, and there's no shame in taking something clever and adapting it to your own story.

Besides, you came upon the idea individually - who cares if someone else did it first?
>>
>>52492803
I know, what Knowledge Domain does, I took first lvl in it just for those benefits before going the rest into Wizard. Also I am playing human with Observant so my PP is 19.
>>
>>52492523
Knowledge Domain Theurge.
>>
I'm kind of new to tabletop.

How the fuck do people make secret rolls? How do you hide anything from the party?
>>
>>52492855
DM screen?
>>
>>52492523
>>52492781
Hacking is fun.

Just ask your GM if you can swap the spell in.
Seems like the easiest way to do it.
>>
>>52492860
I mean rolling for shit that the other players can't see.

For example, say I was playing an Evil campaign and I wanted to slip poison into another PC's drink. How would I go about doing that?

I'm not doing this but I'm wondering about how it works mechanically
>>
Is it safe to assume that any city with a temple has priests capable of using Raise Dead?
>>
>>52492874
Ask the DM if you can roll behind their screen, probably via passing notes to the DM to hide intentions. Note that the act of passing notes will make it suspicious, but there's no way around that.
>>
>>52492874
Generally speaking, PVP campaigns are the exception, not the rule, even for evil or monster campaigns.
>>
>>52492874
Doesn't usually come up because players aren't usually fighting each other, but I usually see people tell the DM out loud what they're doing and roll in front of the other players. That relies on players not metagaming though.

If you can't trust the other players to do that I guess you could text your DM? Other players might catch on though.

D&D just isn't designed for PvP/secret stuff. It's collaborative.
>>
>>52492836
>I took first lvl in it just for those benefits before going the rest into Wizard
Oh, so you're one of those. Eh. If your DM is generous, he might allow you to take Speak with Dead. But he would be totally in his right to say "Fuck off and be a cleric if you want that spell."
>>
>>52491037
April fools!
>>
>>52492880
Depends on the setting. Consider Eberron where highest living cleric is level 10.
So it depends. In some settings you won't see people above level 3 unless you turn over every stone, in some you'll hardly see someone that doesn't have a handful of class levels unless he doesn't want to live past teenage years

Also, for the last few years I've been running it so that an active congregation boosts its priest's effective level if they make a collective prayer.
>>
Huh, this is new:

http://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/04/01/does-a-warlock-need-proficient-in-pact-weapon/

Basically: Bladelocks are automatically proficient in any weapon they create, but not with a magic weapon they convert into a pact weapon. They did, however, reinforce the ruling that magical ranged weapons can be made into pact weapons.
>>
File: dual crossbow skeleton.jpg (76KB, 476x408px) Image search: [Google]
dual crossbow skeleton.jpg
76KB, 476x408px
I've been playing a character for a year and a half now that dual-wields infinite ammo auto-loading crossbows, and I'm looking to invest in a decent figure for him. Unfortunately, I can't find many options out there. There's this in pic related, but my character's a ranger/elf.

I'd use Hero Forge, but their hand crossbows are needlessly and somewhat tackily thicc. Are there any other, similar options?
>>
>>52492935
Weird. Kinda wish you could just summon a fucking Longbow with it though, instead of having to go find one.

Anyway to make an item magic long enough to bind with it?
>>
>>52492916
That's fair. Truth be told I might just go all the way Cleric. Don't want to make "demands" to a new group.

Issue was I told them I would make a Wizard but as it stands my Int is 16 and my Wisdom is 14. I can just sawp the stats and still have the "int" guy of the party they said they needed.
>>
>>52492928
I'm sure there's also a difference between a PC Cleric who prepares for everything and a NPC Cleric that's devoted his life to "I wanna bring people back from the dead".

That's why a CR9 Evoker from the MM, something that's on par with maybe a level 9 or 10 PC, can cast level 6 spells. Because that's all he's ever focused on.
>>
>>52492966
Well, if your patron is the Archfey you can take the UA Moon Bow invocation.

As far as making a weapon magic for binding purposes, you'd need to find a +1 bow or similar, since crafting it is not possible without DM fiat. Still, just ask your DM if you can bind a regular longbow and summon it, it's not going to be any more powerful than just using Eldritch Blast anyways.
>>
>>52492965
Holy shit, that figure is amazing.
>>
What breaks if I toss out rules for autosuccess/failure on 20 and 1 and change crits so they trigger when you beat target AC by X. Possibly with an additional rule that for every extra X your multiplier increases by one.

Example:
let's say our X is 5, we fight an enemy with AC of 15. If you roll 20 your damage dice double. If you roll 25 they triple and so on

X might be different, 5 feels a bit small to me, 10 a bit large
>>
>>52492985
True, I was going to go Hexblade and I guess worst case scenario I'd just wait it out until we find a Magic Ranged weapon

>>52492996
Kensai and Barbarian become amazing, Archery is even better and GWM and Sharpshooter aren't as good.
>>
>>52493008
>GWM and Sharpshooter aren't as good.
Good
>>
>>52492829
Literally doesn't matter. Just make handaxes finesse weapons
>>
>>52492996
War Cleric becomes nuts.
>>
Explain Eberron.
>>
>>52492829
to follow my other post
>>52493046
I homeruled players could us a greataxe at 2d6. The golden rule of a GM is allow your players to have fun. If they feel constrained by min/max principles just allow them to flavor their play and respond accordingly to balance the party and the challenge within reason
>>
>>52493065
You live on a planet made (possibly metaphorically) of a dragon, your society is like mid-18th century Europe but with magic instead of steam, your dark elves are desert savages
>>
Running my first Curse of Strahd campaign. My table decided to join with Lady Wachter because the burgomaster's festivals are retarded and pointless - they agreed she is the better leader.

In order to get Izek Strasni out of the way subtly, they used a combination of rumor-mongering as well as illusion magic in order to make the town believe that strasni is a pedophile.

At the end of the session, Strasni ended up in the stockade, and the festival of the blazing sun is the next game day. Lady Wachter is planning on making her move at the festival to take control of the city.

All in all, things are heading in a very interesting direction. Strahd has taken Ismark to 0 HP, and the party thinks that Irina has a twilight-esque romance going on with Strahd, and doesn't REALLY want to get away from him.
>>
>>52493094
Related question from a different anon, my current campaign is coming to an end and one of our players is taking over the DM spot.

The only solid information we have is that we need to have a religion, and that the primary religions are the eberron pantheon.

The PHB gives no solid information, and the wikis are pretty vague too, what sort of deity would fit a chaotic good character who lived/lives on the streets, and doesn't see theft of necessities as anything wrong?

My best guess was the Traveler, but might as well ask.
>>
>>52492996
>>52493050
Good idea. Simply cap the multiplier. Maybe cap it at 2.5x to balance
>>
>>52493065
You're on a continent controlled by the remnants of a vast kingdom that lasted until 100 years ago when it broke apart. The war that followed its breakup just ended 2 years ago, and just before that a magical nuclear holocaust destroyed and cursed one of the most prestigious of the nations that formed from that kingdom.

The continent is ruled economically by merchant families that can develop magic birthmarks, giving them big leverage in specific areas of commerce. Their cooperation has led to the development of magical ships, airships, trains, teleportation circle networks, and more across the continent. They stay out of politics and collude to keep their respective monopolies.

There are a ton of secret organizations, from dragons to demons to those very merchant houses, to a terrorist group that were once legitimate policing organizations but now work under the control of a 3000-year-old half-dragon-half-elf lich who's really pissed about being undead. They all work behind the scenes to their own end goals, and you're more than likely to get swept up in this intrigue.

There's a continent to the south full of ancient ruins from the age of giants. There's a continent on the other side of the planet controlled by psionic cultists draining mental energy for their extraplanar overlords. There's a continent of not-quite-undead-worshiping elves off the southeast coast, and beyond that is a continent controlled entirely by dragons.

The gods are physically absent, the planes actively influence the world, and there's a shit ton of power struggles going on at a given time.

Also there are dinosaur-riding nomadic halflings, and robot men that were made to fight the war that just ended but recently gained official personhood.
>>
>>52493184
Better idea: don't cap the multiplier. This allows for cheesy meme builds that do 10x damage.
>>
>>52493050
Maybe replace +10 to attack features with an ability to reroll?
>>
File: harley 5.jpg (347KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
harley 5.jpg
347KB, 2048x2048px
>>52492775
Enji's actually not that tall.
>>
>>52493225
You could just let it turn any attack roll into a hit, it essentially does that already outside of corner cases, and it doesn't get nerfed into the ground like advantage would be.
>>
>>52492996
To me it seems like "critting" would become pretty common, and the lower your AC, the more fucked you are. Consider that most creatures your players will fight have somewhere between 11 and 16 AC, and that at mid-high levels players can hit a 25 fairly easily.
>>
>>52493196
holy shit that sounds fucking amazing
>>
>>52493237
So, a no-roll hit? Sounds good

>>52493247
I'm a bit worried about it too, that's why I can't decide on the size of X. Though to be fair here, not once my games went into higher levels.
>>
>>52493274
I can see what you're going for, but I can't see a good way to replace the current system. I think there's two options if you want to change it a bit.

First one is go 3.5e and give some weapons a "Critical Range", so a dagger can crit on a 19-20 for example.

Another option would be to keep the natural 20 but also make it so that beating their AC by 10 gives you a crit.
>>
>>52493218
The cap makes it so you don't have to homerule other stuff like >>52493225
So the War Cleric gets better but doesn't break
>>
>>52493259
The one detail of Eberron that I always forget, and therefore find really cool every time I remember, is that Eberron is a ringed planet, and occasionally space rocks from that ring fall to the surface. They are highly magical - in fact, they're one of the types of dragonshards (Syberis, if I'm not mistaken. The other two being Eberron shards found in geodes near the surface, and Khyber shards found way fucking underground).

At least that's how I recall the fluff. Basically Eberron is a ringed planet and if you don't think that's the tightest shit get out of my face.
>>
>>52490317
I've had to do the same thing, the damage output of my party is rather high and if I tried to make it harder by adding more monsters to the fight it could easily overwhelm them. I generally just max out the listed hp for anything I consider a decent threat to them and it seems to help keep the fight interesting without being way harder than it should be.
>>
>>52493184
How does a half-modifier even work?
What is 2.5d10?
>>
>>52493247
This seems to balance martials honestly. Nearly make them OP. Extra attack now makes their DPS on the level of mages at high level. Put the cap like I mentioned so they can't one hit end game bosses off a boost and it seems cool
>>
>>52493350
That's exactly right. The ring is called Siberys, one of the three progenitor dragons (specifically the one that Khyber killed before Eberron sailed it away).

Anywhere in Khorvaire, you can look at the southern sky and see the sparkling green-ish ring of Siberys, even during the daytime.

It also has 12 moons. They're absurdly close to the planet for their sizes, but whatever 12 moons!
>>
>>52493364
Going at it the wrong way. 2.5d10 is in fact (5d10)/2.
>>
>>52493364
1d10x2.5 rounded how you wish. So a 6 is 15. A 5 is either 12 or 13 (I would lean towards rounding up to reward the player). The issue here is dealing with sneak attack and smite. But the 2.5 cap mitigates those as well
>>
>>52493374
>>52493299
Okay. Two versions then:

1) You get a multiplier for each 5 you clear AC by. First multiplier is 1.5, next is 2 and so on until 3.

2) You get a multiplier if you clear AC by 10 or roll a 20. If you get both, your multiplier is 3.
>>
Is Mystic telepathy a two ways communication?
>>
>>52492996
You increase player fun against low level creatures and decrease against high level. I'd probably keep the 20 auto success but simply consider it success without a critical (specifically on skill checks, maybe not attacks)
>>
>>52493373
Aren't the moons technically kind of sort of like openings to various planes of existence?
>>
>>52493455
Telepathy is never two-way unless it specifies that it is.
>>
>>52493470
What do you think about revised options >>52493429
>>
>>52493471
The moons are physical moons. One glows every month, and that's what the months are named after. The moons correspond to each of the dragonmarks (with a 13th moon for the 13th dragonmark said to have been lost at some point).

It's sort of a pseudo-coincidence that Eberron's planes are also a bit moon-like, with the 12 planes "orbiting" the material plane, the influence waxing and waning depending on the distance. The moons and planes aren't directly connected (though running them that way is totally legit, having space travel be a legitimate form of interplanar travel would be a great story hook, smells of FFIV's Lunar Whale).
>>
>>52493503
I prefer to roll with Planescape for my cosmology, but making the moons openings into "Eberron-specific" areas of the Great Wheel might work too, and lets me use space travel/spelljamming.
>>
File: wak approves.gif (345KB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
wak approves.gif
345KB, 375x211px
>down 4 players, the other players want to carry on anyways
>silverymoon
>okay sure, research
>greengrass holiday in full swing
>the party gets in balls deep (in one case literally) on the celebrations
>mfw they will eventually roll back into town 9 months from now
>>
What do people think about picking up Resilient (Con) for an extra Con point and proficiency for casters or part time casters who hang out in melee (Paladins, some Clerics)? Is it a big difference in keeping Concentration buffs going or not a big deal?
>>
>>52493501
I don't like the 3 multiplier off the top of my head. Any instance you hit 20 you could get the 10 but it does self balance. If you go 10 you are usually only get the crit near 20 anyway so you are simply doubling up on the RAW. I think the original 5 or even 7 capped at 2.5 allows for a damage spike but doesn't let Rogues and more importantly Paladin's completely ruin your encounters. Either way you have to houserule change Champion which might actually make them viable. Maybe give them -2 on enemy AC to crit
>>
File: 1350622244208.gif (979KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1350622244208.gif
979KB, 500x461px
>>52492523
Why do people keep trying to force genres and tropes into a system that doesn't support it?
>>
>>52493565
Because it's the most popular and refined system out there.
>>
>>52493540
Proficiency and/or Advantage on concentration saves is the #1 priority of a gish.
>>
>>52493551
okay. What about option 1, but with 7 for as a threshold, 6 for Champions?
>>
>>52493540
That plus War Caster on gish builds (Bladesinger or whatever) pretty much guarantees you're not going to easily lose your concentration spell. Also lets you have an odd number (like a 13 or something) in Constitution and bump it up to a +2 mod with the feat.
>>
>>52493578
>>52493602
Good stuff. Thanks.
>>
>>52493575
>the most popular
Yes
>and refined
No
>>
>>52493657
Not that guy, whats more "refined"? legit asking not baiting.
>>
>>52493587
I'd have to really dig in my mm. That might actually be the best option. At 5 over you would crit a goblin at 16 (at a +4 attack [14 or 15 attack attribute plus proficiency]) for 1.5x damage. At 20th level they would hit a Lich for 2.5x with a 19 (20 attack attribute + prof + +3 magic weapon). +7 AC drops those numbers
>>
File: SPOOKYSCARYGUNSSSSS.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
SPOOKYSCARYGUNSSSSS.gif
1MB, 480x270px
Making a new character after I sacrificed my original to let the party run from the bbeg they pissed off way to early. Level 5. Thinking of going High Elf Wizard Necromancer, is it even worth doing if the main goal is to acquire an inner circle of intelligent undead or just interacting with undead in general? Is going Wizard for necromancer type character even worth it anymore? (also can skeletons aim guns) Pic related
>>
>>52489816
>discord in the OP
No. Why? No. You'll bring them back OP. You'll bring the shittalking about Boxcockless, Rick Cuckenhugs and Homo the ugly dark-skinned kid.
>>
>>52493761
Oh, I'll run the math for actual threshold numbers for different ACs and CRs later, I'm just talking general concept here
>>
So how the fuck does this shit work?

Can I take both? Should I take both? It's pretty much redundant.

Pls explain.
>>
>>52493782
Rick is the 5egmegaanon, and you'll notice nobody fucking cared, til you. you brought it up in the 227th post on the fucking thread, why?
>>
>>52493797
One is a class, one is a feat, so yes you can take both.
Ask your DM if he'll allow it.
As for whether you should or not, I have no fucking idea, make up your own mind.
>>
>>52493797
You shouldn't take both. Sharpshooter (the feat) is better with Battle Master than Sharpshooter (the subclass). Only take Sharpshooter (the subclass) in that rare game where feats aren't allowed or are nerfed but UA is available.
>>
File: Capture.png (397KB, 1099x715px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
397KB, 1099x715px
>Changeling UA
>Shapechanger. As an action, you can polymorph into any humanoid of your size that you have seen, or back into your true form. However, your equipment does not change with you. If you die, you revert to your natural appearance.

Surely they mean something along the lines of Alter Self or Disguise Self, right?

Either way I was thinking of making a Changeling Mystic as a Alex Mercer-lite with a GOO theme, this seems to be the best way to do it since Mystic doesn't get disguise self abilities.
>>
>>52493587
>>52493761
So for a 7 over AC .5 bonus you would do 1.5 on an attack (+13 attribute/prof/magic weapon) at 11 then x2 at 18. That seems to balance better at high level for martials. You might have to do a small hp bump to monsters but it could level things and allow for more enjoyment from the roll. I'd def keep auto succesd for attacks on 20 (I misspoke earlier, keep auto success for 20 on attacks, not skills)
>>
>>52493824
They mean polymorph in the "change physical form" sense, not in the "take the statistics of another creature" sense.
>>
>>52493798
Just because they didn't comment now doesn't mean they won't.
>>
>>52493820
I guess we can say that Wizards done fucked up with the Sharpshooter subclass.
>>
>>52493835
They haven't for over 200 posts, you are overreacting, and need to fucking chill out, the whole fucking drama with it, is past, over and done with, and it's assholes like you who keep bringing it up in shitposts, and being triggered by it that ruin threads.
>>
>>52493765
You're not getting any intelligent undead until 14 and even then it's only 1 unless you grab a high level one that can make other undead.
>>
>>52492346
>takes a look at the circle
>looks familiar
>sees the leaf

Oh god it's been so long.
>>
>>52493820
>>52493820
I did a huge math thing about this ages ago but lost the note I had on on it. First of all you take the feat on both Archtypes

Sharpshooter (Archtype) Starts slightly weaker but because it's able to use a Longbow instead of hand crossbows it's average damage isn't that much lower for most of the game and once it gets Rapid Attack it's higher. It also has a much higher burst damage while using a it's Sharpshooter mode then a Battlemaster using all of his superiority dice in one round.

Battlemaster's on the other hand can use their dice for other cool effects, spread them out and can go into melee without loosing half their features.

So go Sharpshooter if you want to burst hard, be able to do roughly the same damage as a Battlemaster for most the game (Much higher at the end), us a weapon other then Hand Crossbow and save a feat tax (Crossbow Master).

Go Battlemaster if you want to use a Hand Crossbow, do cool trick shots and be able to mix it up in Melee.
>>
Need help making a 5th level mystic

Party I'm joining is a sorcerer, sharpshooter archer fighter, and nature cleric (who uses heavy weapons and armor and took great weapon master)

I'm a Mystic, but I dunno what to build him as.

We need a frontliner who can facetank, we need someone with some capacity to heal (cleric gets koed all the fucking time), we need stealth, we need AoE control

I was thinking Immortal with diminuition, psychic restoration, mastery of air, mastery of light and dark, and mastery of wood and earth

I normally wouldn't give a shit about making the character optimal but this campaign has been brutal so far and the other three players are all newcomers entirely to rpgs as a whole save for what they've learned from like 10-12 sessions
>>
>>52493954
>We need a frontliner who can facetank, we need someone with some capacity to heal (cleric gets koed all the fucking time), we need stealth, we need AoE control

I'm not sure a Mystic can fill all those roles. I'm not even sure it can fill any of them. You would be better off with a Bard or Druid.
>>
>>52493954
You're in luck anon! Mystics can do EVERYTHING!
>>
>>52493954
Sounds like a job for a Lore Bard who takes 1 level of Life Cleric for Heavy Armor + Shield proficiency and stupid healing potential with Aura of Vitality.
>>
>>52493359
That's pretty much what I do as well. Use the maximum HP they could have according to hit dice for the big bads and leaders, and for the middle ground calculate HP like... Say something has 10d8+20 HP. Average is 65. I'd use 10*(7 or 6)+20, so 80 or 90.

>>52493429
I like option 2, but I see no reason to add "If you get both", because generally you will. Champions only need to clear 7 above AC. One similar option would be
>If you clear AC by X, you can roll one additional damage die.
So if you roll a 20 and clear AC by X, you double the dice then add one more.
>>
But seriously, best warlock spells in your opinion?

A lot of them feel like real shit.
>>
>>52493986
>>52494019
I figured mystic would be perfect because while we need all that, we dont need someone dedicated to all that. Mystics can dabble in like everything

For healing we just need someone who can pick up the cleric when he goes down. For tanking we need someone who can distract the melee combatants from the archer/sorc while they do damage, and honestly we don't really need aoe stuff the sorc and cleric have that covered
>>
>>52494052
Hey atleast warlock get class exclusive spells

Sorcerers sure fucking dont
>>
>>52494052
Uh, Hex? Elemental Weapon for Hexblades?

Not much because anything that is good chews up one of your precious slots that people don't like to shortrest for?
>>
>>52493657
>>52493752
It has more active support than any other system.
>>
>>52494053
Oh, okay. So you want someone who can do all that, but that isn't *too good* at doing it.

Go Valor Bard.
>>
Opinions on playing an Ulitharid Mystic who wants to become an Elder Brain; with another player as an Illithid Wizard who wants to become Alhoon lich? Our goal is to create a new Illithid city and possibly make the rest of the party mind flayers. (If they're ok with it ooc) Evil campaign obviously.
>>
>>52494059
Hear hear
>>
File: 1397568135859.gif (632KB, 399x136px) Image search: [Google]
1397568135859.gif
632KB, 399x136px
>>52494195
>Playing an Illithid
>A creature that is literally a drone mind controlled by the Elder Brain with no free will
>Evil campaigns
>>
>>52494214
>not knowing how ulitharids work
>bothering to reply to me
Yikes
>>
>>52494233
>Super spethal snowflake Illithid

Yes, a creature that is especially controlled and/or killed just in case they do exactly what you say.

You can't just play a MM/Volo's monster anon.
>>
File: 20170402_021654.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170402_021654.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>52494238
>embarrassing yourself this hard
>>
Why the fuck there is no Love Domain for clerics?
>>
I want to stat an NPC Orc caster with focus on AoE damage and control (for war scenarios). Probably around 7-9th level. How should I go about it? Sorcerer? What would make sense?
>>
File: 20170402_021942.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170402_021942.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>52494238
Yikes dude
>>
>>52494254
>The elder brain perceives it as a potential rival for authority and quashes it

I can only imagine what kind of sick fucking tentacle fetishes you have.

No DM wants to enable your power fantasies.

I bet you don't even play
>>
>>52494254
There is a thread for you anon >>52422087
>>
File: 1329178030523.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1329178030523.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
>>52494273
Oh I get it. You've never played before and are literally 12.

>Heh whats the coolest edgy cool guy I could make
>Everyone will love this

Please never read about Drizz't.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>52494269
Cleric of orcus, war domain. What else?
>>
>>52494289
>>52494282
>>52494275
>played for 10 years
>like making actual characters with motives beside "oh boy treasure!"
Do any of you play? Seems like you'd get bored of making the same generic fantasy characters over and over. Also idk if this general got way more active or you're samefagging hard. Hopefully the first choice.
>>
>>52492830
>There is nothing original left in the world
I guess you haven't seen my Shadow Assassin Rogue.
If that's not enough, I can share the GWM Human Fighter I'm working on.
>>
>>52494329
f you share your GWM Human Fighter I'll show you my secret character. He's a Halfling Thief.

An unfortunately underplayed character even though it's a classic.
>>
>>52494314
>Cleric of orcus
You surely mean cleric of Gruumsh, right?
And I mean, clerics are not the biggest on AoE stuff, though it would make the most sense for orcs...
>>
>>52494341
You haven't seen anything yet. Wait til I bust out my halforc barbarian.
>>
White Plume Mountain, Area 17 the Boiling Bubble

The Bubble is ~35ft. across and 60ft. long.

But how tall is it? The crab is Huge, so it has to be at least 20ft. tall for him to fit (if not higher), but the adventure says someone swinging with a two-handed weapon would puncture the bubble.

Why? The reach of a greatsword is 5ft. How is i slicing open the bubble if the crab is 15ft. higher than the sword could swing?
>>
>>52494341
Oh, would you guys like to see my Half-Elf lore bard? I feel like I have such a unique concept here! All dem skills
>>
>>52494365
>>52494380
Human Fighter, Halfling Thief, Dwarven Cleric, Elven Wizard, Half-Elf Bard and Half-Orc Barbarian.

An entire party of the coolest, most original character ideas. The BBEG can even be a Tiefling Warlock.
>>
>>52494356
Yep, i meant Gruumsh. Too much Volo's guide.
>>
It annoys me to no end that I can't find decent games that are just about adventuring and dungeoncrawling and looting, or PCs that are elves and dwarves and humans with simple backstories that make sense.

Why? Because everyone wants to be original and unique and play their civilization-building political social roleplay heavy campaigns in fucking DnD 5th edition, using the most snowflaky races possible all somehow finding their way in areas that had probably never heard of their species.
>>
File: 1402619321294.png (342KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
1402619321294.png
342KB, 600x517px
>>52494365
What about my UA Zealot Half-Orc of Pelor who's a hideous conglomeration of shitty crusader memes?
>>
>>52494400
Conquest Paladin is my favorite for shitty crusader memes.
>>
>>52494269
Warlock.
Do you seriously want to put more thought into it?
2 spells, one will be a control spell like black tentacles reflavored, the other will end up as a +8d8 smite, do not use if he crits! or a quickened fireball at the end of his eldritch blast.
Keep on blasting, shoving people into the tentacles, or into his melee companions, way easier than a wizard npc.
>>
>>52494397
Get a game going with some buddies. People who have played for more than a few years are gonna get bored and expect more from the game.
>>
>>52494387
There can be only so many combinations, so why not revert to the classics?

However, it's the way you play it that matters and not the race/stats that matters. It's called *role* playing people.
>>
>>52492965
Time to persuade your DM to turn your overpowered faggot character into an animated skeleton.
>>
>>52494397
I'm playing a Human Ranger who's just trying to help people in one game. His backstory is that his Parents were killed protecting him from being forced into slavery so he ran into the Forest and spent years just roughing it. Eventually he met a Fey that taught him to be a good person and then damanded him to go out and put it to the test.

He's now trying to get to simply be a good person, see amazing sights and maybe hunt down the guy who killed his folks.

There's still people who like characters who depend on their personallity to be interesting rather then their special background. Have faith anon.

>>52494418
At this point the Classics have nearly come full circle back into being the cool options no one else plays. I hope so at least.
>>
I'm trying to build a stone sorcerer using point buy, think I'll be a mountain dwarf. What should be my stats? Right now I'm going with 16 8 16 10 10 15.
>>
>>52494319
top kek
I've played for 13 years which is literally more than you've been alive.
Why even try to sell me the lie that you've been playing since you were 2? Fucking scrunto nerd I'll break your neck.
>>
>>52490491
I discovered this the opposite way round.

Tried a 1 on 1 session with a friend of mine, even tried to use an online tool to adjust LMoP to a single player, but being swamped by 2 goblins and a wolf is way more dangerous at level 1 than it sounds
>>
>>52494469
Yikes. Who hurt you anon?
>>
>>52494452
Cha to 13 if you want to multiclass, to 8 otherwise.
You won't be able to max it, your items if any won't boost your spells, better ignore it and bump up your dex.
>>
>>52494452
Honestly drop the Charisma to 14 or 12. Stone Sorcerer's should be using spells for twinned buffs and using twinned/quickened BB/GFB. You will never be able to throw out decent Fireballs and CC spells because you'll be weaker then casters are expected to be and you'll never be able to match Martials unless you devote to it.

The thing people never seem to get with Gishes is trying to go for someone who can Wizard and Fighter will suck ass or be OP. You have to be a Fighter with spells for support or a Wizard with some Fighting for when you run out of juice.
>>
>>52494469
Not him but what does scrunto mean?
>>
>>52494490
>>52494516
At the very least Charisma regulates the extra damage on GFB, but I will drop it to 14, then. 16 10 16 10 10 14? All those 10s don't look much fun to me, but eh, what can I do.
>>
how original would it be to have the bbeg in my campaign to construct evil warforged in the image of the party and have them commit heinous acts in order to ruin their reputation
>>
>>52494564
Drop INT to an 8 and put a 12 in one of the others for effectiveness.

Personally I'd drop DEX to 8 and put a 12 in INT but that's just because no one else in my group ever has INT
>>
File: arino battletoad.png (215KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
arino battletoad.png
215KB, 640x360px
what's the race that's closest to being frog/toad-like? i wanna make a battletoad monk
>>
>>52494649
Lizardfolk I guess?

Triton is most likely easy to refluff as a magic frog though.
>>
>>52494583
I think I'd drop Dex and increase Wis. I think it makes sense a stone related character would be clumsy and noisy. I considered Earth Genasi for their pass without trace trait.

And as for for extra spells from Metal Magic, what are the best picks there? Obviously Thunderous Smite + Booming Blade seems like a great combo, and later on Elemental Weapon. Anything else I'm missing?
>>
>>52494664
Searing Smite does scale which is cool. Honestly you're going to be one of the few Sorcerers who have spell picks they can spare for utility so you only need one or two Smite Spells and stuff like Haste. Go nuts.

Are you using the Spellpoint Variant? If so and you convince the DM to combine Spellpoints and Sorcery Points you become much better.

It becomes very efficient to Quicken and Twin BB and GFB over everything. At higher levels you'll be able to use 3 Cantrips for 3 Spellpoints. So you get 3 attacks that do much more damage then a Fighters Attacks and still work with GWM.
>>
>tfw shitposting with someone and they never respond
Good night sweet prince.
>>
Mystic seems kinda MAD. How much does the precious racial stat effect playing one? (Assuming point buy obviously, I could just not play this character until RNGesus blesses me with 3 18s.)

As mentioned upthread >>52493824 I'd like to do a Changeling Mystic but I feel like +1 DEX +1 CHA isn't really going to cut it.
>>
>>52494719
I'll try to convince him to let me use the Spell Points variant, aye. Have been wanting to use it for a while. At level 1 now, and picking only two 1st level spells is tough. Thunderous Smite is already decided, so I guess I'll go with Shield for the second? 18 AC as a 1st level sorcerer feels really good, especially if I can increase it to 23 for a round if needed.

As for cantrips I'm starting with BB, GFB, Mold Earth and something else. Prestidigitation or Mage Hand, probably.
>>
>>52494664
Watch out for the smite spells requiring concentration.
>>
>>52489849
Actually one of the best sessions I've had. Our DM finally got a grip on a good difficulty Vs reward level for the fights, nothing significantly stupid happened (at least by our usual standards), and I gained a level my h quicker than I thought I would, making me the highest level in the party, which makes me happy.
>>
File: How quickly.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
How quickly.gif
257KB, 500x500px
So I want to make a V. Human Warlock and grab the Spell Sniper feat.
Would it make sense to grab Eldritch Blast with Spell Sniper, because it specifies needing an attack roll? That way I can grab two utility cantrips, rather than Eldritch Blast and one other cantrip.
>>
>>52490317
Increasing HP prolongs combat. Increasing damage, boosting initiative, inflicting conditions, and creative environments increases risk. This is the lesson learned by 4e from MM1 to MM3. Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history...
>>
>>52489985
I always have this problem. I mostly shitpost on here and constantly refresh my campaign's chat board in the hopes someone will talk about it more.
>>
>>52494835
I mean I guess there's no reason not to since Warlock abilities don't specify where you get the spell from, as long as you know it.

In theory you could use a Bard's magic secrets to get it and still use Agonizing/Repelling Blast... of course, there's literally no reason to ever do that I can think of.
>>
>>52491120
>Woven of haha

This is going to be a thing in my next campaign.
>>
File: remi-token-color.png (574KB, 980x980px) Image search: [Google]
remi-token-color.png
574KB, 980x980px
>>52489985
I make tokens because I'm never satisfied with mine.

For example, I feel like the arms or rather the coat, since the arms are fine without it look way off on this one. I'll probably redo it again despite the fact it's not even been used in a session yet.

Oh, that and making new characters that I'll probably never play. I'm at 16 fully fleshed out characters to pick from now.
>>
>>52494771
You could make a decent Soul Knife or a more castery kind who stays at back.

Soul Knife only really needs DEX and a 14 or so in CON and INT.
>>
>>52491374
I think I found my new ideal girl.
>>
I rolled good stats, what gish should I play that is usually pretty terrible? Wanna keep full spell progression.
>>
>>52491505
>brazil
Hope you're ready for those thousands of half-starved Venezuelans about to storm your borders looking for a handout.
>>
>>52494865
That's an option but I was leaning to Immortal since it's flavor and abilities fits the idea of a super-durable shapechanger better.

Draining people to gain back psi-points does seem cool though.
>>
Which is more useful, magic circle of hunger of hadar?

We're in a campaign fighting an undead empire, so Magic Circle looks top notch for tackling bosses or defence in big fights, but the six round casting time and material cost make me extremely wary. I feel like the fight will be halfway won or lost before it goes up, unless we control the area in advance.
>>
>>52494854
Oh god thanks for me reminding me of this. I'm this anon: >>52491365 and got another nice burst of laughter now.

>>52494836
Look man, when the Deepstalker ranger with SS can make 3 attacks with advantage and hunter's mark on the first round of every combat for an average of 69 damage total, and the fighter/barb does about 30 damage on every single hit, I am obligated to increase HP of anything that should survive for more than 1 round of combat.
>>
Our group is wanting to try new systems/editions, is 5e a good system/edition to get onto?
>>
>>52494957
Yep
>>
>>52494649
>druid warforged
>Toptimus Rhyme
>wildshape and rollout!

dunno who or where you are, dude who actually thought that one up. but godspeed.
>>
>>52494957
it's pretty goddamn streamlined compared to a lot of others i've tried so at the very least if you play it and don't like it, you haven't wasted much time or effort
>>
>>52494887
Immortal is already MAD as fuck on a good race. You need a high DEX and CON while still having a decent INT. It'll be very hard to pull off.

If it's an Unarmoured AC you want then there's a Discipline for that. I can't really see what other fluff the Immortal carries though.
>>
>>52494969
>Warforged get +1 to AC from being made out of wood and metal
>immune to disease
>don't need food or air
>all racial benefits transfer to animal form
>actual robo bear
It's wonderful, I can finally do Transformers: Beast Wars without having to find a different system
>>
Are College of Swords Bards any decent? I like the idea of going full Bardic Duelist and it fits well.
>>
>>52494982
Namely pseudo-regeneration via the temporary HP and extra HP in general since they're meant to be beefy.

Considering you don't need to be part of an order to use a discipline there's no reason I couldn't use Soul Knoif and just use Immortal disciplines.
>>
>>52494835
This is what I did and it worked fine.

The actual usefulness of Spell Sniper relies on whether your DM uses cover rules, though.
>>
Man last session was epic
>Be me. Lvl 14 paladin.
>Just freed the city from gian overlords
>Spend week rebuilding and helping the people
>Drinking and partying. Time to go to my room
> Some hot chick aproches me and ask me to join me
>Nice
> Divine sense just in case. Its a fiend.
>Oh shit
> Bring her to my room. Have to keep the demon away from the people
>Cue try to get me out of my armor. Cue having none of this shit
> She morphs into Marlith.
> Double shit
> Fight is not going my way.
> Misty Step out of the window and climb down to my steed.
>Dash at full speed but the marlith is out for the kill.
> Teleports after me and looks at all the inocent people with glee.
> Im at 1hp left but fuck it. Better die than this.
>Spend teo charges to use my sword as divine spear. Bonus action smite+4th lvl smite+ improved smite+ 6d8 from the divine spear. 81 radiant and dex save for half. Fails.
> Final Flash her ass
> Still standing but decides to run away.
>Oh no you didn't
>Chase her down on my horse for a final strike.
>Burn to ash with a final smite.
So 5eg at the cost of 168 hp, 2 lvl 1, 3 lvl2, 3 lvl3 and 1 lvl 4 spell slots you too can solo CR16.
Horshoes of Speed and Adamantine Plate are optional
>>
>>52491037
Get an extendable batton.
Police will at most confiscate it while you'll get arrested for carrying arround a gun depending on which country you live in.

Also pepper spray works.
People who say it doesn't haven't gotten a taste of it.
>Gave a can to my younger cousin cause she's 14 , decent looking and the streets are full of roaches.
>She and her friends almost choke when they sprayed it on the ground to test it.
>>
>>52492523
>Not playing a Rogue/Wizard witht the skilled feat.
>>
>>52492523

First, there aren't any good mystery scenarios for 5e, so you're DM has to be a good mystery author.

Second, DIVINER is best Wizard, in addition to being the best detective. Detect Thoughts has wrecked more mysteries than Scooby and the gang.
>>
Sorry, I'm totally new to D&D. Am I correct in thinking that it doesn't actually have a specific setting?

Also, I'm looking at the books, and I'm a little bit confused. Which one should I start with? Is there not a "Core" rule book?
>>
>>52493540
My Moon druid build takes Sentinel at 1st, Warcaster at 4th, and Resilient CON at 8th, then maxes CON.

All this to maintain concentration on Conjure spells.
>>
>>52494885
Bard or Stone Sorcerrer if you want a single fullcaster.

Otherwise always Multiclass at least 2 levels as Rogue.
>>
>>52495264
Yes, settings are optional, you can make up your own.
Player's Handbook is the main book
>>
Can someone explain the Mark action to me? I can't make sense of it

Sounds like just free shit on your melee whenever you want'
>>
>>52495264
This edition has a default setting (Forgotten Realms) but it's optional, especially if you're making up your own adventure.
Player's Handbook has almost all of the rules.
Monster Manual has statistics for all the premade monsters for the DM to use.
Dungeon Master's Guide is largely optional, has a lot of advice for worldbuilding and how to run the game as well as some optional rules and stuff like premade magic items that aren't covered in the other books.
I'd say a group needs a PHB and an MM between them, but just pirate the DMG.
A lot of this stuff is up for free in the online SRD anyway.
>>
>>52495305
Okay, thank you.
>>
>>52494255
This is a family game, Anon.
>>
>>52495321
It's less of an action than it is an optional rule.
It is free to use, but the flipside is that if you can do it then enemies can too.
>>
>>52495336
>there are no family-friendly stories involving love
>>
>>52495336
Honestly I love playing Love Clerics who are proper happy, pure young boys who desire true love and adventure.

Also I just realised that's my magical realm, so maybe they are impossible to do without it getting weird.
>>
>>52489985
Get mad at your friends for not being able to get together for D&D 10 weeks in a row despite having gotten together several days of each of those weeks.
>>
How does this sound as an item for a valor bard:

These bracers fulfil the somatic and component requirements for spells, except for component requirements that consume the component. These bracers allow you to add your STR mod instead of your dex mod when wearing light or med armor. On a critical hit you inspire yourself or an ally for free.
>>
>>52494255
Trickery kinda works if you're going for that kind of love god.
>>
>>52495406
It's good, that much is obvious, but the problem is you haven't explained how strong you want it to be
>>
>>52495416
Who hurt you?
>>
>>52495438
Oh my god, I didn't even mean it in that way but today I did go through a breakup. Holy shit.
>>
File: 8483_ca25_500.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
8483_ca25_500.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>When the mage looks personally betrayed when a monster attacks him

B-but what about t-the tank?
>>
>>52494255
it's basically a Life (fertility) cleric

Your spiritual weapon is a 9 inch strap on tho
>>
>>52495433
it's for a level 4 character and is supposed to be the first item the party finds that's really useful in combat and made for one of them. I'm looking to make it stronger as the adventure continues. It's also meant to compensate the bard for skipping on dex because he wanted to play a half-orc. i don't feel like he should have less AC for that than for going your standard dex-based valor bard
>>
So, say I have 10 creatures ambushing the party. The creatures have the same bonus to Stealth, but the party has different passive Perceptions scores (10, 14, 17, 18, 19). Considering I could prepare by rolling stealth checks before the session, how should I go about this? Roll for each creature, compare to passive scores, then let each act on the surprise round, kinda using the stealth checks and passive perceptions as "initiative"? Or just the creatures who roll above the highest Perception get a surprise round? Should I instead find the average of all the stealth rolls and compare THAT to the passives?

Urgh.
>>
>>52495447
>April Fool's
Your boyfriend has a pretty good sense of humor.
>>
>>52495406

If you want to compensate the bard for puting concept over optimization, give him an instrument of the bards
>>
File: Thumbnail_40052.png (214KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbnail_40052.png
214KB, 640x360px
>>52493167
A kindly anon provided this in an earlier thread...

https://mega.nz/#!nkgGHBQA!ecsbcyIkToHomk7PoupbvwD23dZChEwjuDZNDwz90fE
>>
>>52495486
>I let people in my party get +7/8/9 Perception and I think I'm ever going to get to ambush them
FOOL

If you don't want to do individual "you see these guys, you see these guys, you see these guys, you don't see anyone, here's the complex turn order" shit,
Average the party's Passive Perception together.
Have all 10 creatures roll against that.
If at least 6 of the creatures pass the check, the entire enemy group surprises the party,
Except for the party member with the most Perception,
unless 7 of the creatures pass the check.
>>
>>52495486
Not exactly by the book, but basically ask yourself do you want them to be caught somewhat off guard? If so, have it so that a passive perception of 15 or higher notices the ambush - so 2 of the players wouldn't act during the surprise round.
>>
>>52495486
Passive perception is an awful thing. Well, rather it's the coexistence of passive and active that causes all sorts of problems.

You could give those with high PP an inkling that something is up when they get close to the ambush place and then figure it out in game, possibly with active checks
>>
>>52495489
First, I broke up with him.

Second, was that a guess that I'm gay or was it a joke?

Third, it's 11pm on the 2nd here.
>>
>>52495448
>sorcerer gets really close to use an AOE spell to hit everyone
>none of them die
>they swarm him
>he gets upset when they rip his heart out and throw it at the tank for 1d4+3 damage
>>
So I'm about to run an adventure in the Feywild. Any ideas/advice on how I should run it, maps I could use, plot points to include, etc.?
>>
>>52495492
hmmm, he prefers being in melee with enemies though. I might give an instrument later but i feel like he's not confident enough using spells yet being a new player
>>
>>52495582
Is it your already running adventure that's going to Feywild or is it going to start there?

Also, 4E book Heroes of the Feywild is kind of amazing and is mostly system-independent fluff
>>
>>52492926
I wish

>>52495168
I don't know man. I know a few people with illegal guns and one of them, for instance, got inspected while carrying it and the cops didn't take it away, just gave a stern fucking talking. I think I'll go by the legal route to get a permit but keep an illegal one in the meanwhile, which could very well take a few months.

>>52492436
ikr

All in all, thank you guys very much for being so considerate. Really helped me to vent this out.
>>
>>52495582
pixie pusy
>>
>>52495595

Shillelagh Armor

Add Spellcasting Ability to Armor Class when not wearing heavy armor
>>
>>52495612
It's an already-running campaign that's headed into the Feywild.
>>
Does Stone Sorcerer get AC = to 13+DEX+CON or just +CON? I'm retarded.
>>
>>52495679
It's

'' While not wearing armour your AC is 13+Con''

Read the clause on unarmoured featrures.
Stone sorcerrer is however a curious case cause it allows you to us a shield while unarmoured.
>>
>>52495670
Okay, more questions: what's their incentive for heading there?

Some suggestions:
Play up its similarities and differences with Prime. Most of the geography will be the same, but more beautiful, more pronounced and more dangerous
Fey don't think like you do. It's more important for them that you didn't say hello than that you saved their lives five minutes ago
Fey nobles love parties, politics, squabbles and backstabbing, preferrably at the same time. Imagine Italian city-states and turn it to 11
>>
Why aren't there any Giant Rabbits? Are there any stat blocks that are easy to refluff?
>>
>>52495856
>Giant Rabbit
>refluff
>>
File: we ubermensh now.png (40KB, 243x677px) Image search: [Google]
we ubermensh now.png
40KB, 243x677px
WHOA MOMMA

What's the most MAD meme build there is so I can use it?

It's for a one-shot so don't get your panties in a twist anti-rolling spergs.
>>
>>52495868
I know, it's kinda funny. I wanted to have a pet Giant Rabbit for my Ranger. Giant Frog seems close but has too many features that don't make sense.

I guess I could just get a pony, add a bite and a jump.
>>
>>52495880
Is it drop the lowest or are you going super-saiyan?
>>
>>52495880
Monk Barbarian Bard Grappler.

Cast some hazard spells, and drag your opponents through them.
>>
>>52495880
Barbarian/Monk maybe? Using strength, you can add the +2 to your flurry of blows
>>
>>52495880
Fuck man, Monk Barbarian? Rage Damage on all those attacks, amazing AC, strong as fuck and can even go Sun Soul to be 100% anime king.
>>
>>52495898
Drop lowest, so
>18, 12, 15, 18, 14, 16
>>
>>52495898
Speaking of going Super-Saiyan. Immortal Mystic is MAD as fuck
>>
>>52495647
This is 100% my core fetish.
>>
>>52493954
Ok. Fellow mystic here.
Immortal is the MADdest you can go.
If you take that path, take Beast Form for the +2 AC. You can get an AC of 16+DEX just by picking Mastery of Force, while an Immortal to reach it naturally needs DEX and CON 16.
>>
>>52495918
18, 15, 18, 12, 16, 14 and make a Bugbear Barbarian Monk.

You can be a super punch machine with amazing AC and health.
>>
>>52495856
Giant Badger maybe?
>>
>>52495856
Warhorse?
>>
>>52495945
That's a good idea. I'll ask to add standing leap on it as well.

>>52495950
Can't be large ;__;
>>
>>52495954
Could ask to switch Keen Smell for Standing Leap. I dunno if rabbits are any good at sniffing stuff.
>>
File: 1485763517903.gif (4MB, 404x264px) Image search: [Google]
1485763517903.gif
4MB, 404x264px
>>52495934
>>
>>52495880
Monk/War wizard/Swashbuckler

Grab the feat that gives you a bonus to initiative.
Always move first.
>>
>Looking through CR 1/4 Beasts
>Find the new Guthash

It's like a Giant Rat but gianter and awesomer. Can I take it RAW even though it's a unique one?
>>
>>52496128
Shouldn't you ask your DM?
>>
Been spending some time on the Beyond forums and I was just reading some people talking about GFB/BB and Sneak Attacks.

From my time on here, I was of the understanding that GFB/BB didn't prompt Sneak Attack, because it had to be an actual Attack, so I set out to check the PHB to correct the people on the forum.

But the PHB rules on Sneak Attack just say:

>Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.

And the BB text is:

>As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.

And Crawford says it's legit:
https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/659846764967682049?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sageadvice.eu%2F2015%2F11%2F06%2Fgreenflame-blade-and-sneak-attack%2F

Why did you lie to me /tg/? I could have been Booming Blading with SA for dayz.

Though it does still prevent you from making a Bonus Action dual-wield attack, right?
>>
>>52496221
Don't come to TG for rules advice, most of the people here are players that haven't read the rulebook. The only thing they've read is their class entry and they've cobbled together everything from playing with increasingly impatient DMs.
>>
>>52496221
Everyone here has always said it works. Arcane trickster is that shilled for a reason and everyone knows Swashbuckler X/Dragon Sorcerer 1.

You must come from wacky /tg/
>>
>>52496221
I don't know who said what to you but.
Booming Blade icludes an attack into its action
Sneak Attack modifies attack
Therefore Booming Blade can include Sneak Attack
>>
>>52496252
>>52496253
Awesome shit. Might be time to abandon dual wield in favour of rapier-rogue then, especially since we're increasingly fighting undead and Hex no longer gives me much advantage.

More for my own benefit:
Hex+dual wield (+4 necrotic damage shortswords, +4 DEX):
>2d6+1d6+4+4+1d6+4+1d6+1d6
>(30, 16 against undead with necrotic immunity)

Booming Blade+Rapier:
>1d8+2d6+1d8+4 (18 against all, 26 if they move)

So essentially, dual-wield vs living, rapier vs undead. Lovely.
>>
>>52495699

The context is that one of the players is helping some orcs invade the Feywild in order to save their chieftain, who was taken prisoner by a member of the Summer Court.

The party is playing the orcs today, so I feel like political intrigue won't be their forte, though I don't just want it to be a bunch of attack rolls.

My idea is that when they enter the Feywild, they accidentally appear in the throne room of the one who took their chieftain. They get locked away or put to work, and an agent of the Gloaming Court wants the orcs to help them against this member of the Summer Court, and in return they can free their Chieftain from the Summer Court and go back to the material plane.

The twist is that the Chieftain is actually being held by the Gloaming Court and they plan on faking the Chieftain's death in order to make the players angered by the Summer Court even more.
>>
>>52496429
That's a lot of cool stuff you have already. Just add in some commoner fae that are afraid of their masters as much as unselie raiders, some prisoner cyclopes (that's 4E stuff, I know in 5e they're one-eyed hill giants) and a disappearing castle for some extra chaos
>>
Why is it that barbarians don't benefit from rage if they have heavy armor?

Why is it that you can't cast spells while raging?

For a class feature this seems to only limit the barbarian's options.
>>
>>52495581
That was sorta my love affair with thunderwave. I only ever got to use it once, and it did jack shit.
>>
>>52496543
Being stuck with light/no armor and not being able to cast spells Barbarians never get isn't much of a restriction. Rage is the class. If you don't like it, pick a different class.
>>
>>52496596
>>
>>52495530
>>52495534
>>52495511
>FOOL
As if it was my choice. But so you're suggesting pretty much make a group stealth check for the monsters? I can get behind that.
>You could give those with high PP an inkling that something is up
The moment I do that they're gonna start rolling checks all over the place and then the monsters won't surprise anyone.
What I think I'll do is the average group check thing for the monsters, and then the PCs with higher PP can roll a perception check to not be surprised.
>>
>>52496573
I feel its a spell for when people are too close to you, not something you run up to people with and hit them, unless you are a valor bard tempest cleric or something
>>
>>52490519
I mean, I like it.
Thread posts: 401
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.