[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you think of a fantasy setting that resembles the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

What would you think of a fantasy setting that resembles the D&D standard, except that within the past 50 years or so it's become the popular fashion for dragons to slum it among humanoids, with some minor magic to get around on two legs and fit into humanoid buildings and so on?
>>
>>52488057
I'd think that it's time to confiscate the GMs dice and take him to a brothel.
>>
>>52488057
That's been the 'thing' silver and steel dragons have liked to do for a while, using their innate magic to take humanoid form. Other kinds will do it from time to time but not nearly as often.
>>
>>52488057
I'd play this in an ERP but not a serious campaign.
>>
>>52488057
>Humanoid forms

Aaaaand I'm out
>>
>>52488057
>two legs
fucking dropped
>>
>>52488112
>That's been the 'thing' silver and steel dragons have liked to do for a while, using their innate magic to take humanoid form.
Yeah, this. It literally says in the books that most half-dragons are half-silver because silver dragons love to shapechange into human form (either gender) and slut it up in human society.
>>
>>52490823
>silver dragons love to shapechange into human form (either gender) and slut it up in human society

Which leads me to wonder what it is about being silver that makes fucking other races so enticing.

Is it because of their innate curiosity? Slivers are knowledge-hungry, that's stated. Perhaps they're sensation addicts? Trying shit just to see what it feels like?

Or maybe being silver means your sexual attraction is a bit more fail-positive and results in you finding non-dragon creatures sexier than you logically should.

Or maybe it's just cultural. An entire race of Jack Harknesses.
>>
>>52490995
>An entire race of Jack Harknesses

I am okay with this.
>>
>>52490995
Innate curiosity seems like a perfectly fine explanation for why they would do it. What better way to study a civilization than to be a part of it?
>>
>>52488057
>two legs
>>
>>52488057
Honest Reaction to Reading:
>What would you think of a fantasy setting that resembles the D&D standard, except that within the past 50 years or so...
So far so good, waiting for the interesting bit

>it's become the popular fashion for dragons
Wait, why do dragons have popular fashions again? Why are a typically territorial race all changing behavior? What's going on?

>to slum it among humanoids
...and any interest is lost.
I didn't even finish reading it off the catalog before the idea bored and annoyed me.

I like the occasional dragon walking around as a person idea, if that's how a setting's dragons are.
But the idea of them all doing it "for reasons" is weak, with no apparent purpose.
Even if you have a stupid idea like "I want knights to slay dragons while riding really Metal looking motorcycles.", we can work with that.
It has a goal of "this cool shit" that we can work towards justifying, supporting, and fluffing.
Your idea is literally, "What if many dragons did this thing that some dragons do?"

The combination of your anemic idea and your OP image makes me think this was intended as a "sexing the dragon" thread.
In which case, one would think you could just say that.
>>
Eberron but don't let me see your magical realm.
>>
>>52488057

Degeneracy aside, I'd think that town guards have enough problems without having to shepherd around gaggles of giggling draconic debutantes.
>>
Only if it's a setting where dragons play competitive games with each other using humanoid kingdoms as their pieces. Every few generations, the dragons walk the earth to share valuable knowledge, grant guidance to those who would be kings, fill the coffers of those who would welcome them... and set the board for their Great Game.
>>
>>52493280
>gaggles of giggling draconic debutantes

...Tell me more.
>>
File: BoFRyus.jpg (80KB, 432x355px) Image search: [Google]
BoFRyus.jpg
80KB, 432x355px
>>52488057
Why not just..
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.