[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 43

File: 1489957347020.jpg (3MB, 3157x1489px) Image search: [Google]
1489957347020.jpg
3MB, 3157x1489px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to LucidNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52428688
>Pieces_of_People_We_Love.flac
>Mona_Lisa_Overlay.bmp
>DaVinci.sklsft
>ModernArt.btl

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: -1 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You let it die before the bump limit, and didn't even make a new thread, dammit.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running BetterThingsInLife.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Art Edition
Do you have an artistic hobby? What about your chummers?
Have you ever visited an art gallery with purpose other than robbery?
Theoretically, how would you go about acquiring the complete Night Watch paintings set?
>>
hey anon from a long time ago

are you still down to have a game of shadowrun.

>>52479179
I'm a musician. I actually did a show for an art gallery once.
>getting a job for your team as security for the painting.
>higher another team to steal it.
>turn off security shit
>have 3 members on overwatch to ensure these dick heads we hired don't fuck us
>have the dick heads knock out our fake security
>in the morning we're fired from our shit job
>our fake sins are probably burned
>the hired team probably got a little rougher with us than they should have
>doesn't matter got paid and we're probably not being chased
>>
>>52479179
My Matrix NPC has a slight fancy for matrix performance art
The mage is a small time musician
>>
I did once play a mage who was basically an aesthetic mix of Bootsy Collins and MC Ride. He had a rap career on the side.
>>
Is it wrong of me to want a cyberpunk Bob Ross?
>>
>>52479255
Yes.
>>
I need some advice for 4e chargen. Whats the most efficient way to distribute my BP? Should I be going for 200 in attributes, how much into skills? Are contacts worth it? How much money is too much?
>>
Yo any particular reason I can't put a smart firing platform on an smg or machine pistol in chummer?
Can't find anything in the rules that says it's limited to assault rifles, but that's all I'm able to apply it to.
>>
File: tumblr_om0igwEQ6R1skwnh6o2_540.png (525KB, 540x756px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om0igwEQ6R1skwnh6o2_540.png
525KB, 540x756px
>>52480860
No under barrel mount slot.
>>
>>52480961
I thought that might be the case but couldn't find it listed anywhere in CRB or R&G.
>>
>>52481095
SR5 428.
>Machine pistols can take top- and barrel-mounted accessories
>SMGs can take top- and barrel-mounted accessories
>>
>>52481255
Right on, thank you
>>
>>52480961
yekka, my friend had an issue making a rigger. Two of his drones had rigger interfaces, but when he saved it and came back to it a few days later, the only available vehicle modifications were weapon mounts and manual controls.
>>
>>52482485
Can't see any immediate problem with it, did they not save properly, or can he not see them in the selection list?
>>
Playing a Spritenomancer, wanting to have some mild utility in close combat. Thinking martial arts and throwing people while my sprites are using gremlins on their shit.

Should I use lightning reflexes to get an initiative boost? Or something else?
>>
>>52482833
DRUGS
>>
>>52482849
Had a drugsam as a previous character, and drugs may be a bit out of character for this one. I'm considering it. Is it worth resonance loss to take any mods at all?
>>
>>52482833
>Thinking martial arts
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit
Also
>technomancer
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431
Every day, until you like it
>>
>>52482885
Read both! I feel like an expert already! The question left is how to initiative...
>>
>>52482885
>>Thinking martial arts
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit

I actually have a question about that. Under the Chakram Fighting Style it says this:
>Overall a top tier art, especially with double called shots using perfect time.

How does this work? Can you put 2 called shot effects on a single attack?
>>
>>52482912
Drugs or augmentations. Wires destroy your RES, Synaptic Boosters are cost prohibitive, and Boosted Reflexes/Synaptic Accelerators will gimp you down the road.
I suggest Synaptic Boosters in career mode
>>
Oi Chummers what can you all tell me about drugged Streetsams ? What are the basics and what are good options in your opinion? I'm asking because I really like the idea but can't really get the progress going in my head.
>>
>>52483433
General advice
>Take note of your addiction intervals
>Don't speedball drugs that share an attribute
>Higher grade drugs cost more but are worth it
>Drugs don't increase cyberlimb stats
If you want to be a Drug based Fighter then get yourself the Narco genemod, the Nephretic Screen Bioware and invest in designer grade drugs. An often said combination is Kamikaze and Bliss
>>
How do you feel about faces with Adipopsis? Specifically, with tits bigger than their head. Hypermastia levels of tits. Tits so large it counts as a distinctive style.
>>
>>52484373
Venus of Willendorf style?
>>
>>52484441
No, not a fattie, just packing so much on the chest that physical abilities are impaired.
>>
>>52482881
No, it isn't. 'Ware eats in your Resonance which is really bad. You can always go the 'prototype transhuman' way, or use drugs.

And pray the techno book brings back 'Mesh Realities' in one form or another.
>>
>>52484373
Going from what we hear about cosmetic surgery, corporate services, biosculpting, norms of beauty, sexual norms and the speed of trends in the Sixth World, it would be a lot more common than the current, almost-absent fluff implies.
The Sixth World is heavily implied to be fucked when it comes to those things, and you have a ridiculously advertising-flooded society with different means of almost-brainwashing intended to make people ride on the next new trend, let corporations break taboos for money and accept the idea that it doesn't matter if you're being inconvenienced by your biosculpting, personafix or ridiculous clothes, just that you bought it from the corps.
I think it's a shame that that kind of content is universally either reviled or made into smut games on here, because you could do some pretty interesting shit with exactly how blunted the Sixth World is in relation to personal expression, trends and sexual taboos.
>>
>>52484504
>And pray the techno book brings back 'Mesh Realities' in one form or another.
he should pray that it'll be actually released
>>
>>52484564
That too, yeah.
>>
>>52484511
Admittedly, yes, but with laffy-taffy DNA, it'd still be unique.
>>
>>52482485
Aren't all drones with rigger interface by default?
>>
In 5e can you double up on visual stuff as long as they're different enhancements? For instance could I wear contacts (flare compensation) and goggles (lowlight vision)
>>
What's the best tradition for a gunbunny adept?
>>
>>52485125
Think so
at least I can't remember anything that forbids it

>>52485212
>tradition
>adept
do you mean MysAdept?
>>
>>52485223
He probably meant the different Adept Ways.
>>
>>52485223
though after reading your example it wouldn't really make sense. If your contacts filter the glare they would also filter the light of the goggles

Honestly you should talk to your GM and think about what makes sense
>>
File: matrix-persona-2.jpg (21KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
matrix-persona-2.jpg
21KB, 236x315px
Any way to add multiple specs to a skill in chummer during chargen?
>>
>>52485767
IIRC you can only get one spec per skill at chargen anyways
>>
As a DM, how do you make things hard for a melee troll without fucking over the rest of the party?
>>
>>52486588
M A N A B O L T
>>
>>52486588
force the troll to think.
>>
>>52486588
Another melee troll, nerve strike, good toxins, stunball, good disarm, chaotic world. Lots of options, just distract, separate, or target off-stats
>>
>>52485212
You mean Mentor Spirit?
>>
File: murder cube.jpg (456KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
murder cube.jpg
456KB, 2816x2112px
>>52485212
/K/ubist.
they worship the Murder/K/ube.
ask /K/ for the details.
>>
File: Knife Angel.jpg (272KB, 705x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Knife Angel.jpg
272KB, 705x1060px
>>52487003
Is Knife Angel lesser deity of /k/ubism or independent entity?
>>
>>52487053
They'd be gods of the same murder pantheon.
>>
>>52487103
>/k/ubis gunbunny
>Knife Angel razorgirl
>constant ecumenical banter
>>
>>52487053
it was declared a lesser divine being. there are likely more than one of them.
>>
>>52486588
Distance, difficult terrain, magic, environmental modifiers, freezefoam, nets, traps, target is faster than him, or really just any basic fucking effort you incompetent nigger.
>>
Let's talk shotguns /srg/.

Have you ever made a runner who primarily used shotguns? What's your favourite shotgun?
>>
>>52479179
>Do you have an artistic hobby?

Poetry (which she is bad at) and Kenjutsu (which she is pretty alright at). She is painfully Japanese.
>>
>>52488981
And pregnant
>>
Yekka, friend is trying to add monotip arrows to a character and it's not working. No crash, it's just not actually adding them. Version 5.191.97 latest nightly.
>>
>>52489290
Whups, bad bonus type. Fixed now.
>>
>>52489290
How does an archery based character work out?
>>
>>52489570

I'm going to give this a shot.

Adept would probably do it better
>>
>>52489570
Really, really bad.
>>
>>52489570
>>52489719

Yeah, turns out it's shit:

You need AGI to hit with the bow, and high STR in order to get a high enough rating bow. A rating 9 bow gets you to 11P AP-2, and there's no APDS for bows.

Not to mention every time you want to fire, it takes a simple action to reload.
>>
>>52489758
>there's no APDS for bows
There are Monotip Arrows to get you to AP -4, and SnS + Static Shaft Arrows to get you to 12S(e) AP -5 without giving a shit about strength. (still need some strength for range, tho)
>>
>>52489570
2 redliner cyberarms with 10/10 str/agi
Burnout adept for more cool
>>
The players in my session have managed to seriously piss off a mega, like Assange levels of pissed off. One of the players got the right idea and ran away into hiding several continents away but the rest have decided to keep pissing around Seattle. How much hinting am I obligated to do as a GM before dropping the hammer on them for it not to be considered That GMing.
>>
>>52489570
As far as I can tell, there is actually very little advantage to being an Adept Archer, mechanically. Two Cyberarms are an easy way to reach 10 STR, which requires Redliner if you're Human or Elf.

BUT because you're running two Cyberlimbs, you can max out the AGI to match, and just walk around with 20 dice for shooting a bow at chargen. 10 AGI + 6 Skill + 2 Specialization + 2 Smartlink.

Normally the advantage of being an Adept is you can go turbo autist in a single skill, such as Archery, but the fuck huge Agility pool from the pair of Cyberlimbs accomplishes much the same.
>>
>>52490173
>piss off a corp
>stay in the area

Literally no hinting. HTR teams ambush them individually while they're sleeping.
>>
>Ares S-III Super Squirt full of Narcoject on a no-kill shadowrunner
Good Choice or Great Choice?
>>
>>52491500
Generally less of a good choice than capsule rounds. They both use light pistol ranges, but the capsule rounds use 1 dose per 5 rounds, so unless your GM rules the Super Squirt uses 1 dose per clip (20 rounds), it's more costly. Mileage may vary if you're also paying for DMSO.

Also, even Immediate toxins only take effect at the end of the combat turn. Depending on your GM, that may be slow enough for the target to figure out what's happening and set off an alarm, send some ammo/a grenade your way, etc.
>>
File: 1472580673995.jpg (17KB, 282x260px) Image search: [Google]
1472580673995.jpg
17KB, 282x260px
>>52491500
Just remember, "instant" drugs don't take effect until the end of the turn.
>>
>>52480096
Maybe he could be a cyberzombie glitching hard, so to him, large-scale murder and mayhem is painting a portrait. Wounds and civilian casualties are' happy little accidents'.
>>
>>52480860
I could use this
>>
Hey Srg, which of the shadowrun games on steam would yall recommend? Also, good suggestions for builds or classes to start with would be welcome.
>>
>>52493077
The three Shadowrun Returns games. (Original, Dragonfall, Hong Kong)

Original is the least capably made of the bunch, but it's not absolutely terrible.
>>
>>52493077
I'm actually just finishing up Hong Kong now. They get progressively better. I'd definitely recommend Dragonfall and Hong Kong. I'd only recommend the first one if you want a good look at what Seattle is like. A word of warning about HK, though: It turns into a lot of reading. I was committed to exhausting every dialogue option in the hub-world between missions, and I think I spent over half of my 55 hours on the game just talking to character. Thankfully, most of the characters are interesting enough that it's not fully a chore, but there where times when I was itching for combat.

Oh, and don't play a decker. Not every mission needs one, and on the ones that do, a decker will be provided by the game. On other missions, you might feel kinda useless.

And whatever you do, don't sell out Gaichu.
>>
File: 1474630537854.gif (477KB, 500x194px) Image search: [Google]
1474630537854.gif
477KB, 500x194px
>>52493598
Ignore gaichu fags. Gaichu eats whichever teammate you have progressed furthest in dialogue with and turns on you.
>>
>>52493701
Maybe if you fuck up in talking to him. I never had that happen, and took him all kinds of places with hilarious results.
>>
>>52493077

Skip Shadowrun Returns, Get Dragonfall and Hong Hong. Dragonfall has a tighter story (much more focused and tightly-written. SRHK's writing goes on forever sometimes), but SR:HK's incremental improvements to Dragonfall really make character building and combat more interesting.

Due to the way the game handles dialogue (Occasionally you need x skill/attribute to pick a dialogue branch, can seriously change the outcome of some missions, but it only checks you, almost never your teammates) there's a lot of incentive for you to play a face (all those CHA and etiquette tests) or at the very least have some prioritized high-level stats. Other than that, both games give you a decker, a support mage, and some muscle off the bat so you can play whatever and still have some fun.

Some good builds that don't horribly break the game (in both games you can make some truly game-breaking builds, but they do kinda ruin the game so I'll let you find them on your own unless you really want me to) are:

- Assault-rifle Sammy
- Blade and shotgun sammy
- Pistol decker
- SMG shaman
- spellslinger mage
>>
>>52493981
Not him, but I'm curious. What builds do you consider broken? Anything more broken than bioadepts?
>>
>>52494485

Not him, but I remember that a full-on ware sammy with monowhip absolutely shredded everything in HK, despite the fact that I sunk a fuckload of points into charisma.
>>
>>52494485
Troll cyber-sam with max strength and spurs is a wrecking ball that deals insane amounts of damage and an AP removing machine that combines really well with Duncan's zipties and Gaichu's beheading strike.

Non-troll with a monowhip is a little less crazy in combat, but can put points elsewhere. (And kinda sucks in the beginning of the game until you get the whip, but okay...)
>>
>>52494485
Shock Ram Adepts.
>>
File: gaichu valentine card.jpg (66KB, 639x383px) Image search: [Google]
gaichu valentine card.jpg
66KB, 639x383px
>>52493738
So did I. The hilarity and banter are worth it alone. Just have decent Charisma and Etiquette Security and you will be fine.

Police station:
Dude shouts "It's a ghoul!"
>goes for his gun
>"Nah mate that's not a ghoul."
>"The fuck? Of course its a ghoul!"
>"Nope."
>Gaichu cuts in: "I'm just a cosplayer. I take my shit seriously, woman!"
>"Ok.... fine I guess"

Later, same police station:
>"It's a ghoul! And it isn't handcuffed!"
>goes for gun
>"Nah mate, I'm just claiming him as a bounty. On my way to the cells. He came willingly".
>Gaichu cuts in: "Better in jail than dead."
>ok, fine i guess

Alternative:
>"Nah mate, he's a bounty hunter for ghouls. Fight fire with fire you know? Just claiming some bounties for him cause he isn't allowed to do it."
>Oh ok then, go right on in

And the high society party is the BEST
>People freaking out
>"Nah mate, he's just an actor going in deep to prepare for his next role. See Gaichu? I told you the makeup is on spot!
>"You are correct, now I owe you 50 bucks."

Later, with /spoiler vampire girl /spoiler
>"Well, it looks like you already have a monster troupe going on, so I'll join you."
>Gaichu goes full Sensei mode on her and teaches her to control her inner beast and become a better person despite her condition

Also Ractor's loyalty mission. Upon entry at the front desk:
>"Oh my god, its a ghoul!"
>reaches for alarm button
>Ractor interjects: "Nah mate, I'm a crazy scientist and this is my bodyguard / experiment. You want me to report you to management for wasting my time?"
>"Oh I'm sorry sir, go right on in"

tl:dr;
Gaichu is relatable and has hilarious bantz. Also combat monster. What's not to like?
>>
Does anyone happen to have a character generator for 2nd Edition Shadowrun?
>>
>>52494909

At first I wanted to say that we didn't have character generators back then, but then I reminded myself about Earthdawn.

I don't have one.
>>
File: _20170402_223137.jpg (80KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
_20170402_223137.jpg
80KB, 800x627px
>>52492408
UCAS airforce vet, suffering massive mental trauma. "Paints" with a highland claymore and has a permanently relaxed, unflappable, nonchalant attitude to small-scale genocide because he's already lived it.
>>
File: petri-rahkola-kylo2.jpg (540KB, 1920x1324px) Image search: [Google]
petri-rahkola-kylo2.jpg
540KB, 1920x1324px
New chummer release build is out. Changelog is too long to post without taking up like four posts, but the major notes are that all the content from Run Faster's errata has been added, along with the content from Book of the Lost. Also, Chummer now does not show items over your maximum availability limit unless you have the Restricted Gear quality.
>>
>>52495413
"We don't make mistakes; we just have happy accidents. And that's when you really experience the joy of painting."

Leaning on said claymore, lecturing a terrified surviving reporter in a news office that's been painted an arterial red over a poorly chosen story.
>>
File: 1489415936171.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489415936171.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>52495428
>>
>>52488893
I made a Catholic Humanis-supporting augmented street-sam troll with an Enfield shotgun (fluffed Origin 12). I think you can see where that was going.
>>
>>52495757
>humanis supporting
>troll
?????
for what reason?
>>
>>52495798
Had Metatype Modification as part of his Prototype Transhuman quality, so he thought he was just a tall human. His contacts in Humanis found him too useful to correct. It's not like they would be the first racist organisation to be wildly hypocritical.
>>
>>52494909
Don't think there is one, but I mean it's pretty quick to write them out from my experience. Except when I'm rigging and also feeling autistic.
>>
>>52495356
>>52495923
I know there was a version of SRCG for the second edition but the download link is dead.

http://runrig.tripod.com/
>>
>>52495798
Humanis is anti-metahuman, given, but it's not completely monolithic and utterly convinced of its own ideals to the point that no gain would be great enough to make it break them.
Even the Ku Klux Klan has black members, and there are surprisingly many blacks in the paleoconservative Republican faction.
The black/troll/ork members choose it because they feel alienated by their own race's culture and wish to become part of something they consider better - it's not new that a black man moves out of the ghetto, gets a suit-and-tie IT job, starts hanging out with Indians and Koreans and stops seeing his family back in the 'hood.
The organizations allow it because it gives them a way to dull the opposition, make themselves look better, lure in new recruits and just plain get someone else on their side, which isn't easy as a maligned organization - and there are actually a surprising amount of even Confederate-flag-waving hyper-racists who feel that there are "good coons/gooks/curry monkeys" among the rest of them.
Racism, especially in the modern day, is a matter of general opinion and not absolute opinion.
>>
Hey what is a Display Link? It was mentioned in the core book but from what I can tell it's some 2050 first edition tech?
>>
>>52496793
The 2050s version of the Image Link
>>
>>52496793
A display link is an eye or cybereye option that let's you display text, images and videos in your field of vision.
For example from headware memory, a slotted datachip, a device connected to your datajack and so on ...
>>
Is there a reason to have a grenade launchers accuracy over 3? Curious to why some have higher
>>
>>52494485

Been a little while, but some that I remember:

All games:
- Double-drone rigger snaps the action economy in two by basically doubling the number of actions the PC gets.

Dragonfall:
- New York Reload: Go elf/custom build. Invest in rank 2 body so you don't get 1hko'd, dump the rest of your points into Agi/firearms/pistols. Keep pumping AGI/Firearms/Pistols until you get Chain Shot. Buy more pistols ASAP you you constantly have 3 pistols on you, his is easy because pistols are dirt cheap, don't buy revolvers. Get a datajack ASAP so you can use smartguns, and put spare cash into ware to make you tougher and more accurate. This build exploits the fact that Dragonfall tracks cooldowns separately per-weapon to break the action economy over its knee. Chain shot lets you fire 3 shots for 1AP, so on the first turn you can fire up to 9 shots at full crit chance, more than enough to drop more than one enemy. And because pistols reload for 0AP (once you have pistols 4) you can keep shooting forever.

SRHK:
- Any build with the autoreloading arm using rifles or shotguns destroys the game's ammo-count related balancing, letting you do infinite Enfield burst firing, infinite minigun spray, and nonstop Panther Assault Cannon firing in the expansion.
- Black IC IRL: Abuse a glitch to get the matrix attack as an equippable weapon, and max out INT to get your hit chances up. It instakills pretty much everything out of the box because it does 50 damage in a game where most enemies have ~30 health.
>>
In my campaign storyline, there's an election going on in the PCC for a new boardmember. Horizon has backed their own candidate, who's a complete datawash project, going up against an Azzie backed grassroots character who's trying to get Aztech back into the PCC, especially the portion in Denver.

Now, one of my players has a character with a brother who went deep cover for Horizon in a Departed type situation, and he's looking for his brother. Naturally, this makes a great setup for the Horizon candidate.

My question is, what's the best way to handle the reveal? I figure Horizon has gotten to his parents, and erased any photos of him from the family albums (and memories) they could find, and even got to the character a bit, where he won't recognize his brother on sight (or got him plastic surgery). It's a very noir game, so mysteries, clues, and convoluted plots are the best way to handle things.
>>
File: Troll Bounty Hunter Bow.jpg (223KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Bounty Hunter Bow.jpg
223KB, 1024x768px
>>52489907
Monotip arrows are a trap option. Explosive arrows are better, and literally 10 times less expensive at Rating 10 (which you should be using).

>>52489290
>>52489570
Tell him to skip monotip. Get Explosive arrows for your standard ammo (if you want something quiet and lethal, Barbed is always superior to regular), a collection of Hammerheads for regular non-lethal, a couple tricked out SnS with Static Shafts for when you absolutely need to drop someone non-lethally, and some Incediaries to do AoE at range.

Personally I say Seeker Shafts are a great investment (ask the GM if he can get a Hawkeye quiver that lets him match shafts and heads on the fly, or have a couple on standby), because it's 3 extra dice on top of every other bonus. The bow is a one-shot weapon anyways, make the most of it.

Remember the Ranger Sliver with SnS+Static Shaft, Incendiary and Injection arrows (because those don't use the power of the bow) for a concealed weapon with a surprising punch. Also the Giantslayer is awesome because an archer should have such a ludicrious diepool that they can make called shots and not care about the penalty, and it's hilarious to blow out someone's kneecap like rated-R Dennis the Menace.
>>
So I am playing in a shadow run game over roll20 set in Berlin and the character I've made is a face with a lot of invested in engineering and science skills like armourer, cyber tech, biotech etc. He also is built around the concept of being an ex-military consultant for SK and having a lot of experience with corps and engineering. However the GM seems to constantly be limiting my engineering skills so that I can't actually build anything, our runs main,y have to do with Ganges so my Corp connections are of little value and it seems my character is virtually useless. What would you recommend for me to do to make the character more useful. Failing that if you think I should make a new character I was considering making a shamen with high charisma, from the rough side of town with mafia connections and a focus on unbound spirit summoning, enchantment and counter spelling. Our party already has a Mage, specialised in spell casting and I don't want to step on his toes so is the concept viable? Otherwise I was considering making a rigger but I'd prefer not to step on our decker so toes either so would that be a good idea? The final party member is a streetsammy.
What would your advice be?
>>
>>52499319
There's the old standby of 'both brothers have the same ring, which the PC notices during a tense situation with many witnesses'.
>>
>>52500610
Explosive arrows for your standard ammo (if you want something quiet and lethal)
>quiet and lethal
Anon, your table can be positioned however you want it, but if you think an Arrowhead which delivers an explosive payload isn't a noisy option I don't know what the fuck is going on.

You're right on everything else though. Also Called Shot (Pin) and (Blast out of Hands) with Knucklebreaker are incredibly useful.
>>
>>52500616
PS the shaman concept would be a enchanted claymore wielding spiritualist who makes bargains with his spirits to further his power which is where he draws his negotiating abilities from.
GM is using core only with sum to ten character creation.
>>
File: Look At That.png (182KB, 440x465px) Image search: [Google]
Look At That.png
182KB, 440x465px
>>52500679
Try reading again, you closed the parentheses halfway through a sentence for some reason.
>>
>>52500703
My bad
>Explosive arrows for your standard ammo (if you want something quiet and lethal)
>>
>>52500816
Still reading at the level of Jason Hardy.

>>52500610
>Get Explosive arrows for your standard ammo (if you want something quiet and lethal, Barbed is always superior to regular)
>>
>>52500616
Any advise?
>>
>>52501391
>>52500694
>GM is using core only
why?

Regarding your question: Did your GM tell you that crafting would not be useful, and that the campaign would be mostly about gangs?
>>
>>52495428
Hey Yekka, I've noticed an issue regarding the way Cyberware and Bioware is being hidden in Chummer due to availability and grades.

Certain pieces of ware are actually available at chargen but are hidden by chummer because you can't view them to reduce their grade to Used or Omegaware. There is a workaround by taking Restricted Gear and removing it after you purchase it for the character, but thats just a workaround.
>>
>>52501461
Oh right, I forgot about grades. I'll have a tinker, should be easy to fix.
>>
>>52501420
I think he only has the core rule book, he seems a bit new to things, and no he didn't mention anything about crafting not being to useful or the campaign being primarily about gangs.
>>
>>52502657
First of all, MAKE HIM GET THE FUCKING RULE BOOKS
All of them are in the OP Pastebin
>inb4 "But he doesn't want to steal"
DO NOT GIVE CGL MONEY

>he seems a bit new to things
no excuse, playing with only the CRB is like running a marathon with one leg: Possible, but tedious

>no he didn't mention anything about crafting not being to useful or the campaign being primarily about gangs.
Then ask him to make a new character. If he refuses, leave
>>
>>52500616
>>52501420
>>52502657
>>52502747
Actually where are the rules for crafting shit? The CRB is a fucking mess. Also is it possible to craft yourself a fake sin?
>>
>>52502802
>Actually where are the rules for crafting shit?
CRB p 145-146
>The CRB is a fucking mess.
Preaching to the choir, chummer. Be happy that the table for this is actually there
>Also is it possible to craft yourself a fake sin?
Theoretically yes, practically no
>>
>>52502907
>CRB p 145-146
That's it? It doesn't even tell me how much of the cost I need to play. Also:

>Data-based forgeries, like credsticks, documents,
>and SINs, don’t really hold up well to scrutiny, what with
>information being so readily available. They can appear
>almost identical to the original, but any attempt to get it
>to act like the original (transfer nuyen, pass a SIN check,
>etc.) reveals the forgery.

Then how the fuck are high rating fake sins made? Is this just another thing like how a mom-n-pop store can buy a rating 1 host but for some reason PCs can't? For fucks sake why hasn't someone other than CGL made an unofficial 6e rulebook
>>
File: Unoriginal SIN.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Unoriginal SIN.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>52503009
Here. It's unofficial, but it basically starts from what 5e says is true about SINs and works backwards from there to make it a (more or less) understandable and realistic system.

And the guy even put in a terrible short story and Jackpoint chatter, to really make it feel like an actual Shadowrun book. 11/10 for effort.
>>
>>52503009
>how much of the cost I need to play
check the table. Whether you have the necessary parts or not determines the DPM
For repairing drones there is a table in IIRC Rigger 5.0 for part costs

>Then how the fuck are high rating fake sins made?
By criminal syndicates or other powerful groups that have access to hackers
Which is why they cost 1000 nuYen per rating
Check p 367 for this

>how a mom-n-pop store can buy a rating 1 host but for some reason PCs can't?
Where does it say you can't buy one? Sure you can, just like you can buy a server rack today. Doesn't really help you, does it?

>captcha: union alamos
no captcha, I don't think A20K sells Fake SINs or hosts
>>
>>52503009
My personal take on the matter because my players wanted to make their own SINs for a while:

Forging a SIN is like forging a debit-card in that while your homemade debit-card might have all the right things like a functioning magnetic strip, a code-generating chip and even the little holographic thingie, it's still useless because it's not tied to a specific bank account, and trying to withdraw cash just leads to at best, the ATM displaying an error message and at worst, the local fuzz popping around your house and asking what the fuck you think you're doing.

In order for your fake SIN to work under any sort of scan, it needs to be tied to a name in the SIN registry: To do that, you either need to convince someone working in the relevant office-cubicle to insert/edit data in the registry which will cost you a decent amount of NuYen or breaking into the relevant databank and doing the job yourself, which will cost you one or two irreplacable things if you're not careful.

The large investment in money and/or influence is why the larger criminal organisations like the Yakuza or Russian Mafia have a monopoly on the business: They're usually the only ones with enough money and influence to have the SIN registry tampered with reliably, and their ever growing need for manpower means they have greater incentive to make the investment: An undocumented Ork fresh off the raft will be pretty enthusiastic about doing a few less-than-legal favors if it means a chance at rudimentary citizenship.
>>
>>52503212
>By criminal syndicates or other powerful groups that have access to hackers
Not hackers; insiders.
>>
>>52503603
that too
>>
>>52502747
Ok, I will do so, in regards to making a new character, would the spirit shaken be stepping on the mages toes?
>>
>>52503782
using spirits should complement the mage so I at least don't see any obvious conflict

Problem with the secondary part >>52500694 could be that a summoner and a melee fighter have very low overlap (a summoner needs High WIL, [Drain attribute], MAG and for bound spirits CHA; A melee fighter needs high Initiative (so high REA and INT), AGI and STR), so you are either good in one/shit in the other, or mediocre in both
Also: you can only have one unbound spirit at any time and unbound spirits are not as useful as bound spirits (check p 302 for spirit services)
>>
>>52502747
One more thing, my character has the 10 karma insomnia disadvantage and the gm ruled that instead of taking a will power and intuition test to regain stun damage and edge each night, I must take it or else take a point of stun damage each night which seeing as my stats in int and will are low (7 total) means I am taking 1 point of stun damage each night? Is this bullshit or OK?

PS how viable is a shaken using lots of unbound spirits?
>>
>>52504007
So might it be better to make use of bound spirits instead, my only issue with that is that it seems to go against the shaken philisophy, but I do want to be using lots of spirits at once.
>>
>>52504031
first of all, learn to spell: Is "shaken" supposed to be a shaman?
Secondary: See my post here>>52504007. You can only have one unbound spirit at a time
Third: Having insomnia as a mage or technomancer is HORRIBLE. You NEED to be able to heal all that drain
>>
>>52504078
Sorry, posting on my phone and it keeps autocorrecting shaman to shaken for some reason, secondly the insomnia is what my current character has, I wouldn't make the same mistake twice and have the second character nerfed into oblivion. Just wondering what you thought of that change.
PS didn't see your reply before posting the question again, thanks though.
>>
>>52504120
The best way to combine close combat and conjuring is with the Channeling Metamagic, but that requires Street Grimoire. Otherwise, the other anon is correct. There is no overlap between the Attributes required for Close Combat (AGI, STR,) and Conjuring (WIL, MAG, (Drain ATT) except that high initiative is always better than lower initiative.

I was able to build a decent Chinese Buddhist Wudang Sword Conjurer, but he is definitely a compromise between Close Combat and Conjuring.

When it comes to Binding, Shamans try to respect the spirit as much as possible. Rather than the relationship being one of master and servant, its more of a quid pro quo relationship between equals. For example, the Shaman might help out a particular place or person in the region the Spirit cares about, or maybe the Shaman has an offering of Reagents (in addition to those spent in the Binding), or if you're trying to bind a force 12 Beast Spirit, maybe offer a point of all precious Karma as a token of gratitude. Its not required mechanically of course, but much about Magical Traditions are for flavor.

You should be using your unbound spirit for more manual tasks, like searching or single-power services. Save Bound Spirits for when an unbound spirit cannot do.
>>
>>52504322
God damn, parenthesis are not my thing today.
>>
>>52504322
So in addition to spirit summoning, with high will and cha, how useful would enchanting be? Also I was thinking of focus img on counterspelling in order to shut down enemy magic, but I assume that would need high initiative so perhaps not so optimal? Are there any spells in core that boost initiative?
>>
>>52504457
Enchanting is awful.
Counterspelling is handy.

Read the corebook section on Magic before you ask questions you chump.
>>
>>52504322
>Channeling Metamagic
just to add to him, that one needs a Possession Tradition, so Shaman is out. Or at least you have to talk your GM into making a Possession Shaman Tradition if you want to boost your own stats
>>
File: PG 148 SG.png (82KB, 389x251px) Image search: [Google]
PG 148 SG.png
82KB, 389x251px
>>52504509
Negative, Chummer.
>>
>>52504597
Huh, seems like another thing designed to make mages stronger than mundanes
Because in 4e at least you needed to follow a possession tradition to use it, but now every tradition can possess spirits with that metamagic
>>
>>52504680
Possession is not quite as powerful in 5e though, as the stat increases are more limited and it doesn't grant immunity to natural weapons as spirits don't get immunity unless they're manifested.
>>
>>52504680
Oh go cry about it you fucking mundie.
>>
File: tumblr_om3zookB751rnbw6mo1_540.gif (275KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om3zookB751rnbw6mo1_540.gif
275KB, 540x810px
>>52501461
Actually, the availability modifier should be passing through properly already; does the 'ware you want show up properly if you change the grade then change the category, or search for it?
>>
What is the most mechanically powerful magical tradition?
>>
>>52505510
It's Metagaming Piece of Shit, in Shadow Spells.
>>
>>52505488
Hey that works just fine! Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>52505589
Which one is that?
>>
>>52505678
Whichever you don't take
>>
File: 1178126800054.jpg (781KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1178126800054.jpg
781KB, 1440x900px
>>52505510
Depends on edition. Path of the Wheel has a lot of shenanigans you can get up to, but it's not properly speaking a player-available tradition in 5th. Mechanically, probably a possession tradition as high-force spirits can wear an opponent like a meat puppet without any chance to shake off the effects after the initial attack.
>>52505608
No worries; I'll see about getting it to update the list without needing that workaround as well, but the quick-and-dirty approach will cause some weird effects.
>>
>>52505813
What book is Path of the Wheel in?
>>
>>52505908
Street Magic, p. 40.
It's not a 5e tradition, but there are NPCs in 5e that have it.
>>
File: Uhhh.png (319KB, 784x446px) Image search: [Google]
Uhhh.png
319KB, 784x446px
>>52506243
Is there something I'm missing which says this is an NPC only tradition?
Besides being from Tir na Nog being a character red flag.
>>
>>52506304
check the next page
>Practitioners of the Path of the Wheel are strictly
>forbidden from sharing their knowledge with outsiders.
>There have occasionally been members who have gone
>rogue, but they can generally measure their life expectancy
>in weeks once they do so.

You need to be a Tir agent to even learn it
>>
>>52506243
Hey yekka would it be possible to have an "All" category in gear listing? It's a pain to go through each group to see where the thing I want is.
>>
File: 1471252448269.jpg (180KB, 707x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1471252448269.jpg
180KB, 707x1130px
>>52506932
Why don't you just search for it, if you know what it is? Search goes through every category, and even tells you where the object is.
>>
>>52506992
..................... fuck I'm retarded......sorry
>>
>>52506588
I thought you just needed to be a Tir elf.
>>
Can someone help me understand the rules for shooting through barriers?

SR5, p. 195 "Shooting Through Barriers" states that if the defender is entirely hidden, the attacker takes a -6 to their attack pool but the attacker is considered *unaware* of the attack.

SR5, p. 189 "Defender Unaware of Attack" states that if the defender is unaware of the incoming attack, no defense test is possible. However, it specifies that this does not apply to defenders already in combat. It then directs us to "Character has Superior Position p. 187."

SR5, p 187
Whether it’s sitting over an opponent’s back in a grapple,
attacking from behind, attacking from above, or
attacking from stable ground while the enemy fights
to stay standing, having the better position is an advantage
in any fight. Whenever the attacker has a significant
advantage in footing, perception, or mobility,
grant this +2 dice pool bonus.

So from what I'm getting here is that if you're shooting at someone in total cover, you first lose 6 dice. Then, if they're not already in combat, they don't get a defense test. If they are in combat, they get a defense test, but you get +2 dice, dropping the penalty to -4. What this means is that unlike good cover, which adds 4 to the defender's pool, total cover removes 4 from the attacker's pool.

Now we do some statistics.
>>
>>52508217
Running through a roll simulation, we find when the attacker and defender both roll 10 dice, the attacker has a ~40% chance of hitting.

Let's factor in cover, starting with Good Cover (+4 to defender). This drops the attacker's hit chance to 20%.

If we look at total cover (-4 to attacker), we find that it drops the attacker's chance to hit you to 17%, a marginal improvement.

So our chances here are 40/20/17 respectively. If we change the initial value from 10 to 15 we find a spread of 42/26/24.For 20, we find a spread of 43/28/27. What the data indicates is that going from 1/2 cover to full cover makes a character 2% less likely to be hit.

Am I misreading the rules, or are CGL just incompetent fucks?
>>
>>52508217
>Note that even stationary or inanimate targets may have a defense dice pool if they have Partial or Good cover.
If even a rock gets a defence roll for cover, then what you're losing for being unaware isn't the defence roll entirely, but the standard contributors to the roll; Reaction + Intuition.

>However, it specifies that [unaware] does not apply to defenders already in combat.
Well ...
>Caster failed on the Surprise Test and gets no Defense Test as he is considered unaware of the attacker.
>Whenever new characters are unexpectedly introduced to a combat situation, the gamemaster should order a Surprise Test for all characters, both those already engaged in combat and the ones just entering.

Also on cover, you have two basic choices.

This;
https://youtu.be/NEuZgK669zY?t=77

And this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXxwhqM7QNw
>>
>>52508679
>If even a rock gets a defence roll for cover, then what you're losing for being unaware isn't the defence roll entirely, but the standard contributors to the roll; Reaction + Intuition.

ah, ah, ah, that's what you'd think, but p. 189 lays it out quite clearly:

>If the defender is unaware of an incoming attack (he
>does not see the attacker, the attacker is behind him, or
>he is surprised), then no defense is possible.

>Treat the attack as a Success Test instead.

This is no longer an opposed test. The defender does not get to roll. Yes, the rock may have a dice pool, but if it's unaware of the incoming attack (as rocks tend to be), it gets no defense.

>>Whenever new characters are unexpectedly introduced to a combat situation, the gamemaster should order a Surprise Test for all characters, both those already engaged in combat and the ones just entering.

Yes, but I'm talking about the fact that being completely hidden from an opponent shooting at you is barely better than being half hidden.
>>
>To make a Split Damage attack, the target has to be
>wearing armor and the attacker’s AP needs to be less than
>that armor. So you cannot use this attack when shooting
>APDS at someone in armor clothing—in that situation,
>you just can’t keep the bullet from drawing blood.

APDS AP: -4
Armor clothing: 6 armor.

What the fuck. Do they not read their own books?
>>
>>52509087
>ah, ah, ah, that's what you'd think, but p. 189 lays it out quite clearly:
I've read it. As per standard CGL, I believe it's written without knowledge of anything but that section. Which is to say, it sounds more imperative than it actually is in context.

TL;DR - Yes, the rock gets a defence pool. No, you don't get to take it away because it's a rock.
>>
>>52509150
Now, how does this affect characters? If I'm lining up a sniper shot at an unaware someone through a car window, do they get a defense test based on that cover?
>>
>>52509222
>how does this affect characters?
No differently to anything else.

It's not "stationary or inanimate targets get a defence roll from cover".

It's "even stationary or inanimate targets".
>>
>>52509322
But what I'm saying is that we have a source (189) that says unaware targets get no defense test, and the line on 190 indicates that even stationary or inanimate targets get a defense pool based on cover, so how do we resolved shooting someone who's unaware and stationary, but behind cover? Cover rules say they get +2 or +4, p190 says they still get their defense pool, but p189 says they don't even get a test.

I believe the actual rule statement on 189 takes precedence here, and the target would get no defense test.
>>
so I am thinking of running a game of Shadowrun for some friends of mine, thing is one of them played a troll enforcer once before in a game of shadow run and really didn't enjoy it, he felt like he couldn't contribute as it was a one off session and mostly leg work.
How do I convince him to try out shadow run again and is it possible to run a game of shadow run with a party of 2? Or would that be too limited?
>>
>>52509410
>But what I'm saying is that we have a source (189) that says unaware targets get no defense test
While I'm saying it was written by a monkey, and consider (of the two contradicting entries) that one worth as much as Patrick Goodman's self-professed intent to royally fuck anyone that ever wishes to play Infected ever again. (as described in 4e / Stormfront, and mentioned in the official forums)
>>
>>52509488
Not to mention his intent to fuck anyone who has badwrongfun of any sort!
>>
Suppressors contain a Rating 2 Microphone with a Rating 2 Select Sound Filter.

A rating 2 mic is 200ny. A rating 2 select sound filter is 500ny.

A suppressor is 500ny. What the fuck CGL.
>>
Any advice for running a game set in Cape Town South Africa? Possible plot hooks or things to be aware of as changes from running a game in the UCAS
>>
>>52509813
The suppressor/silencer version is also specialised to one purpose, and only operates with wireless functionality.
>>
>>52509410
I'd split the difference, and give the unaware target a defense test using only the cover bonus(and not their normal pool). They're not capable of dodging or otherwise avoiding harm, but the cover has a chance to protect them somewhat.
>>
>>52509917
>The silencer/suppressor features a Rating 2 microphone with Rating 2 Select Sound Filter and simple software that alerts you via AR if your silencer detects the sound of someone nearby reacting to the sound of the silenced weapon.

It seems like the microphone functions as normal and the software is specialized to filter out the reaction noise. I don't see anything to indicate that you couldn't wirelessly access the sensor's functionality as normal.
>>
>>52509988
>It seems like the microphone functions as normal and the software is specialized to filter out the reaction noise.
So you agree; specialised to one purpose.

>I don't see anything to indicate that you couldn't wirelessly access the sensor's functionality as normal.
Try not omitting relevant details.

>Wireless: The silencer/suppressor features a Rating 2 microphone with Rating 2 Select Sound Filter and simple software that alerts you via AR if your silencer detects the sound of someone nearby reacting to the sound of the silenced weapon.

>Wireless:
>When an item has additional functionality when connected to the Matrix, it’s described under the “Wireless” entry in the item’s description. This functionality only applies when the device has access to the Matrix
>>
>>52510024
>>I don't see anything to indicate that you couldn't wirelessly access the sensor's functionality as normal.
>Try not omitting relevant details.

Okay, I phrased this poorly. I don't see a reason that you couldn't (if the suppressor is wirelessly connected to the Matrix) stream the sensor data to your comm or earbuds, like you can from a sensor tag, since I imagine it's about the same tech level.
>>
>>52509454
Any advice would be appreciated
>>
>>52479179
>Do you have an artistic hobby? What about your chummers?

My mage daylights as a cook at a nice pub. Our technomancer has a photography hobby, and tends to combine it with her enjoyment of parkour and compulsive building-climbing. The group will occasionally get an impressive view of the downtown financial district during their off time.

Our face/medic has recently gotten into bookbinding for some reason, possibly having something to do with their mentor spirit. Anything to de-stress, apparently.

>Have you ever visited an art gallery with purpose other than robbery?

My mage will occasionally bum around the art galleries and museums in uptown if he's in the mood, and has nuyen to burn on admission fees. When he's not shooting lightning or making people afraid of spirits, he's actually a pretty relaxed and artistic guy. Especially when he's strung out on Bliss.
>>
>>52509454
>is it possible to run an game of Shadowrun with a party of 2?

Yeah, though it would change things up a bit and the team wouldn't be able to cover many bases.

As for your friend, tell him not to play a one-dimensional combat autist.
>>
>>52509454
>>52510156

Show him that there are places where that role can shine, and that there are other roles that can be played. If he's absolutely married to the idea of a combat beast, hope the other player compliments him with someone who can have a conversation, or you'll probably be running wetwork and destruction and not much else.
>>
>>52510203
I'm not the anon above me. Didn't meant to reply to the comment.

A two-person party will change the flow quite a bit, and they'll be more vulnerable when they split up. They could apply their skills pretty efficiently, though, given the right jobs. Give them situations that force them to cooperate.
>>
Has anybody read some of the shadowrun novels? Are any of them halfway decent?
>>
>>52510449
Worlds without End is okay, but it's more of a personal novel about Aina, less shadowrun-y. The rest generally follow the same formula: Normal job, turns into a shitfight, see thing that breaks canon, more job stuff, employer turns out to be some sort of hideously powerful whackjob, end novel.
>>
>>52509824
Any tips or advice for running a game set in Cape Town South Africa?
>>
>>52510479
Yeah i wasn't expecting much, licensed works are usually done by mediocre authors who need the money, oh well.
>>
Okay I will play Shadowrun for the first time in a few weeks and I am expected to make a character till then.
I want to create a typical murder hobbo that kills his enemies (preferably elfs) with melee weapons (prefrably chainsaw), any tips?
>>
>>52512058
First: what edition?
Second: What Chargen method?
Third: What kind of game is it supposed to be?
>>
>>52510449
Changeling is nice, if a bit old. Ok, incredibly old. Like, predates bug city old.
>>
Is there anything that prevents a normal human from wielding an LMG/MMG/HMG or assault cannon in Shadowrun 2nd edition?
Do the rules really just treat them the same as say assault rifles?
>>
>>52512058
Adept + Shock Ram weapon focus, Run & Gun 104.
>>
>>52512058
If you want to kill stuff with a chainsaw, dump strength. Strength adds to the damage of all melee weapons except chainsaws, monofilament chainsaws, and monowhips
Also, get a monofilament chainsaw, it's better than a normal chainsaw in every way.
>>
>>52512058
>I want to create a typical murder hobbo that kills his enemies (preferably elfs) with melee weapons (prefrably chainsaw), any tips?
Yes, stop playing roleplaying games.
>>
Hey TG, i am kinda sick of the shadowcapitalist mindset of late shadowrun. The whole trenchcoat and mirrorshades vibes, it feels too impersonal & detached to my taste.

So i heard that 1st/2nd have a more punk vibe, what books would you recommend for getting the pink Mohawk vibe?
>>
>>52514530
3e still has that punk feel going on tbhfam
>>
>>52514530
https://books.google.de/books?id=wHS_97NyMsYC
>>
>>52514611
>https://books.google.de/books?id=wHS_97NyMsYC

Anon please, we all know your life story.
>>
>>52509121
I'd say it's there because it really depends on the weapon. If you've got a weapon with more than -1 AP, then you can't Split the Damage.

Now, granted, there's a lot of guns that have zero or one AP, so it's fine generally. But there's also a lot of weapons that have more AP, like one of the more common categories of weapon for the sammies, the Assault Rifle.
>>
A monowhip implanted in my cyberfinger on my offhand. The tip of the finger detaches for the threadblade to come out of the other two digits, and the other two digits detach from the hand to form a handle.

Cool idea? Easy to smuggle past security?
>>
>>52517678
Interesting idea, no easier to sneak past security than any other monowhip.

Because if it's serious security, then you're dealing with sensors. And unless it's one without monowhips in the database, it's likely to find the thing from material recognition.

Of course, if it's the kind of security that deals in patdowns and eyesight to catch stuff, well, you'd probably not be doing too bad with that set up.
>>
>>52518121
If you have a weapon built into a cyberarm, how hard is it to detect via sensors?
>>
>>52514530
I don't understand how playing an older janky system will create a more pink mowhawk style game. Why not just play with a pink mowhawk tone in 5e? Isn't the point of table tops is playing the game the way you want to?
>>
>>52518386
Its a little ambiguous on how Cyberware scanners interact with Cyberlimb accessories, enhancements, etc.

On page 362 of SR5, it reads "If the threshold is reached, the scanner detects the item/implant and notes its general locations and type; additional hits provide more detail (function, model, grade, etc.)."

The way I read it is that the Cyberware Scanner needs to hit the threshold on the limb first. For example, an Alphaware Obvious Hand would be a [2]. Then, for each of the Scanner's net hits(if any), it would detect a random accessory, enchancement, etc.
>>
>>52518388

I am not asking for rule books but setting books that are good to get the pink mohawk vibe. Like books about how runners live etc. Like the book attitude from 4th
>>
>>52510449
I like the Findley stuff. Though it's old enough that the zeerust has set in fully - the main character complains about not getting Miller Time.
>>
File: Neo-Anarchist.png (485KB, 515x737px) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Anarchist.png
485KB, 515x737px
>>52518795
Neo-Anarchist's Guide to Real Life. Also the Guide to Everything Else fanzine was great in it's day.
>>
Changes you wish 6e has
>inb4 better editing
>inb4 less self-insert wankery
>inb4 more fluff
>>
File: 1419844974944.png (328KB, 651x431px) Image search: [Google]
1419844974944.png
328KB, 651x431px
>>52521519
>>inb4 less self-insert wankery
Expanding on this:
>Give every splatbook its own 'cast' of jackpointers that are experts on the subject matter, along with a bunch of posts by named jackpointers who say one or two things and that's it, to give the feel of a large forum
Because I'm sick of the trend of 'we're talking about Korean crime-syndicates selling awakened drugs, let's see what Bull and Slamm-0! have to say on it and nobody else'
>>
>>52521606
wasn't that how it was in 4e? Because AFAIS comments on stuff in 4e are made by many different JPers, mostly by those that are related to the topic
>>
>>52521667
Sorta, but 3e and earlier did it more so. 4e was consolidating into a clique.
>>
>>52521687
Sure, just wanted to point out/consolidate that this is a 5e thing
>>
>>52521519
A matrix that makes sense logically, doesn't pin itself to a magical plane, doesn't screw AI PCs into needing a hyper-expensive device to live in, allows non-hackers to create temporary effects in the real world, and gives actual hackers the ability to effect longer lasting changes in the matrix and the real world.

Also, it's going to be 2080, give or take. Make it feel like every damn wageslave that isn't aug phobic has skillwires, cybereyes and a datajack.
>>
>>52521757
Ends of the Matrix?
>>
>>52521778
Read it. Never liked it.
>>
File: Got You Covered.png (155KB, 917x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Got You Covered.png
155KB, 917x1109px
>>52521714
But it's not really a 5e thing. They still pull in specialists (IIRC there were a couple doctors besides Butch in Chrome Flesh, the assassin guy from the Primer who got geeked, etc) in 5e books. The 'core cast' is slightly smaller than 4e, but that's the only real difference there. 4e actually had a lot more metaplot action and drama focused on the JP characters, like the Bogata mercs and Slamm-0's and Netcat's stupid kid.

3e and earlier, though, had huge numbers of people who would only post once, or post occasionally (in addition to things like the Orange Queen once in a blue moon). You could go through a book and have each comment made by a different person.
>>
>>52521757
>allows non-hackers to create temporary effects in the real world
what exactly do you mean by this?
>>
>>52483928

And take a dose of k-10 if you are close to dying
>>
>>52521918
>what exactly do you mean by this?
Minor & temporary combat effects, generally. Simplest example?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNuL8cVxXMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAELp7OjvEg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55H27904t9s
>>
File: 1419844966902.gif (405KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1419844966902.gif
405KB, 250x188px
What kind of change in diet would the various archetypes need to maintain peak efficiency at their specialization of choice?
>>
>>52520561

Thanks anon!
>>
>>52521757
>Also, it's going to be 2080, give or take. Make it feel like every damn wageslave that isn't aug phobic has skillwires, cybereyes and a datajack.

My players argue the opposite. That its going to be 2070s between trode and AR glasses noone should have a datajack and cybereyes because there is less invasive replacements and there is a throwaway line in 5th/4th that says that cyberware is for poor people and rich people all own bioware.

Couple with the CFD shit now, i get to wondering who get them anymore besides deckers.
>>
>>52521757
>skillwires
No.

Skilljacks, maybe, though they are pretty pricey to get ones of a good rating that could actually be useful, but there's not a lot of jobs that warrant full-on skillwires, especially when you could probably train someone to do it more cheaply and they'd end up having better ability to grow and be retrained/train others, instead of fleshy robots.
>>
>>52523156
Your players forget where 99% of the people fall in the poor/rich divide. Wageslaves are not rich people, and the corporations want to keep them firmly in that position.

>>52523221
>skillwires
Yes.

>Corporations basically hire actual people as an act of generosity, or more precisely an act of self-serving generosity, as governments subsidize corporations for doing them the favor of employing their citizens. Incidentally, that’s another use of manufacturing hosts—they control the chipped laborers, their skillwires being fed by streaming data from the host.

That's where it is currently.
>>
>>52523497
>Your players forget where 99% of the people fall in the poor/rich divide
Still, why should you get a datajack when trodes are enough?

>captcha: free cash road
I don't believe you
>>
>>52493173
>>52493598
>>52493981
Did no-one else find the characters unbearably hypocritical? They're perfectly happy to murder (for all they know) household security doing their jobs, but absolutely flip out at the mention of racism.
>>
Didn't you know Anon? Racism is the worst evil in existence! It's even worse than blood magic, nuclear Holocaust, and the murder of animals! Unless it's against white "people", of course. Those soulless freaks don't count, that weird pale skin obviously means they're empty inside, unlike us colorful people! Only WE matter, we're special and important, so we should be protected!
>>
>>52524652
You're arguing for trodes because they're not permanent.

I'm arguing against trodes because they're not permanent.

The material cost difference for the corporation is minimal, and as part of an augmentation package creates a system of indentured servitude wageslaves never really get to pay off, locking them in place within the system.
>>
>>52524999
Wow, it's almost like murdering folks is part of the fantasy of the game, whereas being a nazi is not. You want a game about being a nazi, go play zog's nightmare
>>52525099
<very nazi voice> disliking my politics is racism
>>
>>52524999
>>52525099
Most people in the 2050s & 60s had a very direct and visceral understanding of the Night Of Rage, or the single greatest confluence of anti-metahuman hate crimes ever known, plus the metahuman backlash. You're damn right they flip out at the mention of racism. Almost as badly as Africans do when you mention getting a cold, after VITAS virtually annihilated them.
>>
File: 1465476085438.jpg (215KB, 810x824px) Image search: [Google]
1465476085438.jpg
215KB, 810x824px
Why don't you have a robot friend, anon? You don't even need them to be a waifu waifus are text only 3DPD, but you can slap a personality into just about anything. A cleaning drone to welcome you home with a British accent, a wise-cracking set of glasses that keeps highlighting 10/10 asses, a pistol that calls out kills like an FPS announcer. Possibilities are endless.
>>
>>52525475
No-one wants to be a nazi, but it's weird that the supposedly amoral mercenaries get so worked up about discrimination, and Dragonfall frequently drops anvils that break the suspension of disbelief
>>
>>52525264

Okay but why would runner get the datajack? Aside from deckers?

And while the material cost is different, the cost in hospitalization and installation wouldn't be the same. Considering wageslaves are inducted from infancy to work for their parent corp the whole debt thing seems unnecessarily costly. Unless i am missing something.
>>
File: Police Brutality.png (699KB, 852x643px) Image search: [Google]
Police Brutality.png
699KB, 852x643px
>>52526720
Likely because discrimination affects the characters personally, one way or another (Glory beaten for being a witch, Deitrich losing his fans in the Night of Rage, Gaichu losing his entire life when he was infected, etc). The characters in all the games have experienced rejection by society, and are overly defensive about it. The relative morality of racism vs. freelance terrorism never comes into play, because they're not weighing everything in a vacuum according to some grand metaethically sound structure.

For a lesser example, /b/tards will happily sit around in gorethreads and talk about how the person deserved it and how cool it was to watch them die, but are super triggered when you remind them that they haven't had sex.
>>
>>52524999

Yeah, but you gotta remember that you're playing a game about mercs and guns-for-hire, any morality that they have is gonna come with a bit of hypocrisy. It's like the "professionals have standards" trope: A professional who commits murder over the course of their job sees themselves as morally superior to a hate-criminal or spree killer, but ultimately both kill, so motivation aside the end result is the same.

Also, your squadmates are a bunch of mages, elves, orks, and trolls who've faced racism, and there's a certain amount of self-centered morality at play, arguably.

Also: All games are better when you get to kill Nazis, and the Humanis compound mission fuckin' delivered. Grab your friends and bash some fascist heads!

>>52525099

Fuck off
>>
File: Ruby Mars.pdf (61KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Ruby Mars.pdf
61KB, 1x1px
Thoughts on this PC? She still has 15 karma and 7 knowledge skill points to spend.

Incomplete Deprogramming seems interesting but potentially debilitating to all fun since it can be activated by basically sneezing too hard. Think it oculd be reworked?
>>
>>52527150
It's okay, you can go back to your safe space.
>>
>>52526834

- Because I was one of those wageslaves 'till it all went sideways. Some mornings I wake up and I'm hyperaware of it, it's foreign, cold metal, the flesh around it itches and I just want to rip it out and get rid of the constant physical reminder of all the years of my life I spent in the company just to get burned. That feeling gets me out of bed, ready to take on the world.

- I served with the special forces. What, do you think we use wireless on our guns and broadcast to every SIGINT creep out there that a squad of badasses with Ares Alphas is coming right for 'em? Hell no. That's why god gave us wires.

- I'm what you call a power user. The amount of work and the wide variety of hardware I do it on, being able to unreel a meter of UAC and slot into whatever is just easier than carrying a fragile set of 'trodes around, having to align them, then plug 'em in without upsetting the alignment. And that's not getting into the other conveniences, like having a chunk of storage that's always right there with me, and the auxiliary signal booster/reconstruction capabilities modern ones have - Even when I'm not plugging in it's still paying for itself.

- Because it's a more pure merger of man and machine, and represents our next step as metahumanity. Having this thing is the least I can do to further the evolution of our kind and hasten the future where the distinction between our Works and our Selves will vanish as they become one and the same.

- Chrome is a status symbol. This casemodded NeoNET 58Gq is just another accessory that helps me fit in with the circles I run in.

- Have you ever tried to use 'trodes on a hours long recon hack? I don't know if you've seen my skin recently, but shit's greasy. Have you ever suffered dumpshock because one of your 'trodes slipped? Worst migraine I ever had. The 'jack is plug and play. No messing around with headbands or stickers, just jack in and jack off.
>>
>>52526834
>Okay but why would runner get the datajack?
Who said anything about runners? I didn't.

In any case; runners get them because they're easy sources of Noise Reduction, and Noise is everywhere.
>>
File: 1446753440212.jpg (53KB, 736x595px) Image search: [Google]
1446753440212.jpg
53KB, 736x595px
>>52527150
>All games are better when you get to kill Nazis
This is an objective truth and you should feel good for writing it.
>>
>>52528154
careful. /pol/ might hear you
>>
>>52521519
Expanded archery rules that actually make bows useful and mechanically realistic, so I can stop working on my homebrew supplement.

Also, Matrix rules that actually fucking make sense, and Technomancer rules that actually exist.
>>
>>52527757
>jack in and jack off

Recon hack huh? Sure.
>>
I'm going to be running a 5th edition shadowrun game in two weeks. I have a pdf copy of the rulebook. I was wondering if there is a pdf trove available for shadowrun?
>>
>>52527150
>All games are better when you get to kill Nazis

Underrated truth.
>>
>>52529164
Check the OP file storage link, chummer.
>>
>>52529194
>http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
Found it. Can't believe I missed it the first time. Much Thanks
>>
File: stallman.jpg (91KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
91KB, 256x256px
>>52528428

Chummer, I don't tell you how to do your job and you sure as hell don't get to tell me how mine. You want results? Then leave it to the guy who got a hole drilled in his head so that he could get those results regardless of his skin conditions.
>>
Neoteny to represent a runner who is actually a teenager y/n
>>
>>52529647
Neotony is more prepubecent, from what I read. I figure you can play a teen (assuming 15 and up for most metatypes) with the standard statblocks.
>>
>>52528293
>so I can stop working on my homebrew supplement.

Got anything you can share?
>>
File: 1460072128526.jpg (188KB, 561x950px) Image search: [Google]
1460072128526.jpg
188KB, 561x950px
>>52529811
Gonna give bows more presence than just one statline, and split them into different categories like how firearms are organized. Shortbows, Longbows, and Composite bows in the Traditional category, Compound bows being their own category with a few manufactured models with different pulley orientations for different effects, and Greatbows being the ideal choice for people with ungodly strength (they're almost entirely designed for and marketed toward Trolls), while losing the advantages of either smaller classification, such as the traditional retention of draw for Take Aim, or the compound inclusion of Smartgun capability.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly how to carry over the Rating system between bows, users, and the arrows they're using. I can't do away with it, because your strength influences the draw weight you can use, and draw weight influences the grade of arrow shaft you can use. The current system is a convoluted mess that requires you to micromanage arrows or messily multiply costs, but I haven't hammered out a more graceful solution just yet.

tl;dr I'm trying to add variety and sand down the obtuse edges. It's still conceptual, but I hope to eventually write up my own small supplement pdf for it, including an extensive weapon catalog of fun toys for wannabe Robin Hoods to pick up.
>>
>>52529300
computor gnurd a scua faglord
>>
>>52530078
Kys proprietary cuck
>>
>>52530070
Neat, be sure to post it when you're done
>>
File: 1479282419328.jpg (886KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479282419328.jpg
886KB, 1920x1080px
>>52530184
Oh, absolutely. I'll be submitting it for anon review in these threads when and if I get it in a presentable form.
>>
What's your favourite archetype?
>>
>>52524999
This is always happening. In the books, Pistons treats Haze like a fucking war criminal, because one time he used magic to get information from a wageslave, but fucked up the memory wipe afterwards so she wound up killing herself. Meanwhile Kane is allowed to massacre crews and play warlord and all he ever gets is a bit of tutting from jackpointers. As if any of them have ever checked to make sure that no japanocorp wageslave will feel the need to seppuku as a result of their run.

Just about every standard runs-for-cash runner is morally bankrupt, though, and I think it's just human nature to enjoy fingering someone else as somehow worse than you if you're in that situation. Yeah, I helped sell nukes to an Indian monarchist terrorist cell, but at least I never called nobody a tusker. At least I'm not a druggy. At least I've never used this specific set of spells.
>>
>>52533686
>Indian monarchist terrorist cell

Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more of those everywhere. When you can have divine right of kings literally proven, seems like everyone and their mother would be tracing family trees to prove what land should magically be ruled by them.
>>
File: myUlbs6.png (60KB, 1139x112px) Image search: [Google]
myUlbs6.png
60KB, 1139x112px
I'm rather new to Shadowrun, so I'm going to ask a retarded question, probably.

What exactly does "Movement (1x/2x/+1;x2/x6/+2 flight)" mean?
>>
>>52533065
Bioadept
>>
>>52536644
You better not play a Pixie omae
>>
>>52536644
>Uneducated
bimbo fairies?
>>
>>52536644
It means you should go read the core rulebook, and the combat section at least twice, with attention to the rules for three types of movement.
>>
>>52536644
If you play a pixie, you are objectively a faggot and deserve to be kicked out of the group.
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (91KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
91KB, 488x516px
>>52536704
>>52536862
>>
>>52536978
>hi I'm a pixie apologist
>>
>>52537084
>t. a false dichotomist.
>>
I still cannot fucking believe that pixies have the same condition monitor as a normal metatype, how the fuck does a pixie manage to survive getting shot with say, 5.56 when that would damage a good quarter to a half of their entire torso
>>
Hey guys, I'm going to be running a one-shot base around the runners sabotaging a Best Lawn competition. Can I get some ideas for complications? So far:
>the grass is bio-engineered titanium fescue
>the gardening crew is a badly disguised HRT team
>the lawnmower drones have melee autosofts
Any other ideas?
>>
>>52537184
Flowers and plants are awakened fauna.
>>
>>52537230
O fuck that sounds great. Which book can I find relevant stats in?
>>
>>52537254
Howling Shadows, hopefully.
>>
I'm reading through the host rules for the first time, so please tell me if I've got something wrong here.

Most hosts have Patrol IC running 24/7. It makes Matrix Perception Checks every Combat turn. It ignores anyone with a mark on the host, but watches for illegal actions.

If a decker in the host is running silent, and the Patrol finds them, other IC is deployed at the start of the next combat turn.

Question: The test for Matrix Perception is Computer + Intuition [Data Processing]. The host will have a Data Processing score, but what do I use for the Comp/INT?
>>
File: 1419867138302.png (153KB, 900x480px) Image search: [Google]
1419867138302.png
153KB, 900x480px
>>52537184
>One of the lawns belong to a retired Shadowrunner who is ready to kill a bitch that messes with his Peace Lilly
>One of the pesticides being used is extremely flammable up to a week after application
>Damaging one of the flowers causes it to burst and release a potent hallucinogenic gas
>One of the lawns is decorated with garden Gnomes that the runners find to be unnaturally disturbing. One of them is an actual Gnome in desguise and waiting in ambush
>One of the houses is actually a secret clubhouse for a local terrorist group
>Beautiful flower turns out to be the main ingredient for a potent and expensive combat-drug, owner genuinely didn't know this when they got it
>Nearsighted old lady sees the runners and invites them in for a hot drink, thinking they're gardeners. The runners may or may not feel guilty for what they're about to do to her lawn, the decker's cheeks are pinched, and if one of the runners is a Troll they might be asked to fetch something from a high shelf
>GUARD BEAR
>>
>>52537254
you could always use the stats of another creature and fluff it as a topiary.
>>
>>52538102
First, look at Data Trails for a table on how often that Matrix Perception will realistically, be hitting the decker.

And it's like the other IC in that it rolls Host*2.
>>
What are some types of questions P2.1 users might get for the Consensus?
>>
>>52538104
>might be asked to fetch something from a high shelf
>implying kitchens in 2070 don't have motorized shelves that can be accessed easily by anyone from dwarves to trolls.
>>
>>52538527
>implying the shelf doesn't drop your shit constantly because the fucking mechanic who installed it was a lazy drek
>implying you didn't turn it off at the fucking mains after it dropped the seventh real porcelain plate in its first month
>>
Would pixies be balanced if you removed Concealment, forced them to take Neoteny, and enforced how being Dual-natured is really dangerous, would they be acceptable?

It's worth noting that Vanishing is not a power, but just something that happens when they die, shunting their bodies to the Astral.
>>
>>52538949
No, they need a complete overhaul to take into account they're the size of a fucking housecat.
>>
>>52538949
The biggest issue I have with them is sizing weapons, armor, cyber, etc. to them. It's not a matter of a different grip size like dwarves and trolls, most of these guns are bigger than they are.
>>
>>52539074
They can't get cyber, armor works just fine due to being an abstract anyway, same for weapons but maybe limit them to nothing larger than a pistol unless they pay extra, and the rest is fairly fine as is.
>>
Help me SRG I need to know how one should treat code of honor.
>>
>>52539326
I just realized I forgot to specify what is it (poor[money wise] and downtrodden)
>>
>>52539326
Just play it like Omar from The Wire
>>
>>52539346
Don't kill them on purpose.
>>
>>52533686
That pisses me off. You've got that, including later mntions about how he's an evil turbo rapist. And then you have folks like Many-Names who cheerfully let entire insect hives fester becase he can't be fucked dealing with it himself, or runs spirit armies through facilities for not doing what he wants.
>>
>>52537230
Head back to 3 and 4e. Paranormal animals of North America and the like has some plant-like things, and some of 4e's shittier supplements hav awakened flora like that tree that shoots pinecone grenades, or the drug tree, or the grass that hates electricity.
>>
>>52538949
Their major issue is the fact that you can turn them into horrifying dodge monsters who will never even take damage. Which, honestly, is kind of the only way to play them, since a single bullet to center mass should by all rights kill them. They're sort of a bad call as far as their actual addition as a playable metasapient option goes.

They're more or less sound, thematically, it's just that everything interesting about them is what makes them overpowered. They're the size of a desk lamp, and they can fly at speeds around 30 meters per second and roll almost that many dice to dodge incoming attacks.

They can get huge Agility, yes, but they shouldn't rightly be able to use it for firearms. They should be restricted in what ballistic weaponry they can use, seeing how they can barely reach average strength, and the average handgun is the size of their torso. Force them to rely on small, low-recoil weapons, or magic, so they won't be dumping 30 dice into a semi-auto spray from perfect invisible cover.

Armor should work just fine for them, with the proper modifications. They don't even need wing slits in order to fly, since their propulsion is purely magical. Though they would still be really uncomfortable with their (completely pointless) wings crammed into a suit.

If you're worried about how squishy they are, they can actually get 18 armor from a custom suit of Full Body Armor, with only a -1 loss to Agility and Reaction, which the typical Pixie will have plenty of to spare.

Where they suffer the most is in their Physical Limit. They can't have Body or Strength ratings over 2 naturally, and only one can even potentially be maxed during normal character creation. A Pixie with Body 1, Strength 1, and Reaction 6 has a Physical Limit of 3. This is average for them. They can pour entire seas of dice into whatever they do, but they'll only ever be able to use three hits out of them, unless they raise their limit.
>>
>>52539873
Uh, manabolt, any direct spell, grenades, AOE gas attacks, or really just any sort of suppression or burst.
>>
>>52539873
An easy way to tone down their potential is to make cyberware and bioware for them nonexistent. Barely any studies have been done on their physiology, outside of vivisection in dark corporate labs. Cyberware might be possible for them, but it would need to be custom-made, with a hefty increase in price and production time for the scale of it. These are people who can wear clothing taken off of large dolls.

Again, guns should be out of the question entirely, unless they're prepared to deal with disproportionate recoil, or they're equipped with tiny peashooters. Melee weapons don't do much in their hands, either. They can make attacks with their superb Agility, but they won't be doing any damage with their piss-poor Strength scores. They may as well be infants where physical combat is concerned.

>>52539990
Yeah, those are the only reliable ways to really damage them. Getting caught in lead rain will pretty much guarantee their death, gas will kill them outright if they actually take damage from it (tfw no Body), a grenade will kill them along with anything else in the blast radius (not sure about the physics with them getting clipped by the blast), and direct spells are basically a Save, Counter, or Die situation for them.
>>
>>52539589
Shame my players are trying to weasel their way through killing every hobo that looks at them wrong
>>
5e newbie here. Am I missing something or are direct damage spells really fucking strong? Manabolt for instance, you can only resist the spellcasting test with your body(~4 dice), compared to the mages 12+ dice pool. It's basically automatic damage.
>>
>>52540567
Remember that the damage with direct spells is the net hits
With 4 dice they will roll 1 hit on average
With 12 dice you will roll 4 hits on average
So on average you'll do 3 damage
>>
>>52540567
Using your numbers as an example, a magicien with 12 dice in spellcasting would score 3 hits, thus 3 net hits on someone with 4 dice to resist. That's 3 boxes of damage.

The same magician is now casting a Force 6 Clout spell. We'll assume the target has 3 REA + 3 INT and 9 points of Armor
The magician throws 12 dice, averaging 4 successes. The target throws 6 dice, for 2 successes. The mage has 2 net hits. The target must the resist 6 (Force of the spell) + 2 (net hits) points of damage. With 13 dice, that's around 4 hits. The target takes 4 boxes of damage.

So as you can see direct and indirect spells deal about the same amount of damage. Indirect spell lose their edge when the opposition gets a little tougher (higher dodge and soak pool) but is perfect for low-grade mooks, especially if you take spells with a certain damage type Fire, Electric, etc...)
>>
>>52540911
>Using your numbers as an example, a magician with 12 dice in spellcasting would score 4 hits, thus 3 net hits on someone with 4 dice to resist. That's 3 boxes of damage.
I cannot into English tonight is seems.
>>
>>52540708
>>52540911
Yeah but that's each combat pass the mage gets, also it's line-of-sight so the mage can be far enough away that you're screwed if you try melee and take penalties on ranged attacks. Not to mention all of his friends you have to get through. I just find it weird that the mage takes no penalties no matter how far away he is as long as he can still see any part of you.
>>
>>52541051
That's why you're packing a pair of smoke grenades, chummer.
>>
>>52541051
>as he can still see any part of you.
Anon, where are your games set?
Because unless you are exactly down the street, or in the middle of an open field the view is most likely blocked
And if he's close enough that he can see you? Then he could also easily shoot you with a rifle, which makes more damage than that
>>
It's worth noting that the mage can cast up to Magic spells in the same action, splitting their dicepool and applying modifiers AFTER. Foci, specialization, mentor, spirits aiding you, anything positive or negative, after the split.
>>
>>52541201
Sure you can, but correct me if I'm wrong, don't you also take drain for each of these spells?
Which means that yes, you can be extremely dangerous
But afterwards you'll be severely weakened
Or you need lots of reagents to keep the force low
>>
>>52541467
You resist it separately with your full drain resist pool.
>>
File: DmWejtn.png (118KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
DmWejtn.png
118KB, 212x278px
I don't know why but this character portrat really makes my dick hard.

That said, I'm playing HK right now and just recruited Gaichu. I don't understand why people thought it was too verbose? It feels the same to me, only that the character actions are more descriptive this time around.
>>
>>52542030
>getting hard to a keeb

Disgusting traitor

t. Humanis
>>
>>52542249

Not my fault all the human portraits look like ass. Elves were made for fucking anyway
>>
File: pc_orkfemale_03b_brutal.png (89KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
pc_orkfemale_03b_brutal.png
89KB, 212x278px
>>52542302
I like the portraits in general - they're a fucking godsend for use in tabletop - but my biggest gripe is how the fangs on some of the Orks and Trolls look like they've been pasted onto the outside of the lips.
>>
>>52542451
It's especially bad with orks like gabbot whereI swear her tusks part of her face and not her mouth. That said, yeah the portraits are damn good.
>>
A straight reading of the rules seems to imply that a runner needs a separate fake license for EVERY combat spell they have. No sane GM actually does that though, right? I should be able to get by with a general "magic" license, shouldn't I?
>>
>>52542566
Chummer, you need a magic license to cast AT ALL
And honestly? I'd say that you need one for each
>>
>>52542566
That does sound like the kind of bullshit any legitimate Corp would pull on you, though.
>Oh neat spells, are those licensed? We can issue those.
>Oh you're leaving? Fine, licenses revoked, you are now under arrest.
>>
>>52542566
Consider spells like guns.

Legally you need a license for every gun you have that is restricted.
Now most cops won't look past the firearms license, but if they want to be anal about it, they will.

Same applies for spells.
>>
>>52542566
Nah man, corps need to know if you can kill someone magically or not. A real license probably has your aura on some registry as well.
>>
File: b4deaa098876580ce83afc774d32891b.jpg (329KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
b4deaa098876580ce83afc774d32891b.jpg
329KB, 1920x1200px
Hrm. Anyone have an opinion on whether the Responsive Interface Gear's helmet and armour modification is a a single item for the purposes of the cost?
>>
>>52542566
I mean, you can get a licence to use manabolt and nothing else, and you'll be able to be assensed by security forces with no consequences, but if same security forces then see you cast Clairvoyance, you're nicked.
>>
>>52543214
I'd say it is. The entry contains both capacity costs for helmet & armour, and one nuyen cost.
>>
Any games recruiting?
>>
I've got a 4e quick question for anyone who might know

I've been looking into Agents and for some reason chummer includes all pre-packaged agents with a pilot even though the agent himself already costs just as much as his pilot and the core book says they're basically the same thing so I was wondering, does one need to pay for the agent and his pilot when making one or is the agent a pilot himself?
>>
>>52543896
>Agents have a Pilot attribute just like drones (see Pilot
>Programs, p. 213) that determines just how “smart” the agent is.
>Pilot acts as the agent’s brain, interpreting orders.
SR4 CRB p. 227
>>
>>52543976
I thank you for the quick answer but I've got to admit I hoped for a different one
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (68KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
68KB, 1360x768px
>>52544317
Also, where do you see the Pilot?
>>
>>52544435
pick a pre-packaged one like the pocket hacker
>>
File: thunkong.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thunkong.png
7KB, 112x112px
What's the easiest way to Awaken a mundane through Chummer?

I tried just adding the magician quality, but that doesn't give access to the MAG stat.

I tried editing the text file direct to add min/max to their magic attribute, but that didn't do it either
>>
>>52544480
That seems like a bug
What version are you on?
>>
>>52544523

Even tried closing and re-loading the file after applying the trait, no dice.

I feel like "Mundane" is probably hardcoded somewhere in the file
>>
What was the premise/story of the best campaign/one shot that you ever played?
>>
>>52544552
Hm? No, it should provide access to it, magician quality provides the enableattribute improvement with a value of MAG.
>>
>>52544745

Alright. Super weird. I add the trait, and MAG goes from 0(0) to -2(0). I visibly watch it make the switch.

Character's a decker, fully mundane, with 4.1 essence. What confuses me more is I tried this same exact thing with the group's street sam to test, and theirs works just fine.
>>
>>52544804
Hrm. What's your maximum MAG at? It sounds like it's burning you out, but it should only do that when your max MAG hits 0.
>>
File: Before and after.png (49KB, 740x731px) Image search: [Google]
Before and after.png
49KB, 740x731px
>>52544900

A before and after
>>
>>52544954
Well, that's your problem. Your MAG's maximum is set to 0 for some reason. Um. Open the file and edit the MAG attribute block to look like this:

<attribute>
<name>MAG</name>
<metatypemin>1</metatypemin>
<metatypemax>6</metatypemax>
<metatypeaugmax>6</metatypeaugmax>
<value>1</value>
<base>1</base>
<karma>0</karma>
<augmodifier>0</augmodifier>
<totalvalue>1</totalvalue>
</attribute>
>>
File: 1369335891161.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1369335891161.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>52545034

Yep. All fixed. Thanks.

No idea how it happened.

I'm also the guy who had character files swap from utf-8 to utf-16 before, so I assume have gremlins IRL
>>
>>52485303
Technically adepts do have a tradition, but it doesn't really do anything, it's just flavour.
>>
Smartgun > Microwire > Datajack

Do I get the wireless bonus?
>>
>>52545781
i dislike that there IS a wireless bonus for not using a fucking gun that you're hard wired into.

my guy has a data jack and cyber eyes with smart link.
>>
>>52545158
Eh, Chummer's buggy as fuck, it happens.
>>52545781
Nope.
>>52543442
Okay then,iIs this cost separate for each item, ie a total cost of 5000¥? If the cost is for a complete set, is it possible to buy, for example, two helmets and have them sync up to the armour, or vice-versa? If so, how much would the second item cost?
>>
>>52479255
M8 you never responded
>>
>>52546586
>Okay then,is this cost separate for each item, ie a total cost of 5000¥?
No. Response Interface Gear is a package item of helmet and armour mod for 2500¥.

>If the cost is for a complete set, is it possible to buy, for example, two helmets and have them sync up to the armour, or vice-versa?
Not directly; the universal data port on each would be connecting the two. Wirelessly, they're intended to pass sensory data to a command node of some sort, and form a combined mesh of field data.
You might be able to achieve something through skill, jury rigging, and GM fiat, but there's no rules for it.

>If so, how much would the second item cost?
2500¥, and you would then have two helmet mods and two armour mods.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.