[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 41

File: Sonnia.png (85KB, 265x341px) Image search: [Google]
Sonnia.png
85KB, 265x341px
Pyrokinesis Edition

Malifaux: https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models and scenarios
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models and scenarios

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

Discord voice chat for Malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

With the wave 4 models in, what do you think needs to be errata'd?
>>
>>52476267
Cute.
>>
>>52476267
I'd like to see a buff to the High River Monks. Currently people wouldn't even take them if they were two SS less. There's not much I'd nerf though.
>>
File: 1489819246627.jpg (34KB, 347x268px) Image search: [Google]
1489819246627.jpg
34KB, 347x268px
Excuse what is proably a pretty newbie question.

What's the difference between the Core book and the rules manual ? is the latter just with the fluff section cut out ?
>>
>>52478887
The rules manual is just the game rules, no fluff and no model rule
>>
I just finished getting all the models for Outcasts and already have all the Resser models. Now I'm moving on to 10T and plan to get Neverborn afterwards.

Is this normal? How do I stop?
>>
>>52479990
Only acceptable if you painted them all
>>
>>52479990
Paint and field them properly first, or else you will end up in the pit like me.
>>
Still waiting on Parker Barrows to come out. Had to miss the sales last year on him and they announced no more special sales for Easter and Black Friday any more.

Wish they'd slap a release date on stuff already.
>>
anyone in the playtesting? Looking for info for the new 10T stuff but no one at my store got in.
>>
File: silurid_proof2.jpg (437KB, 1007x1000px) Image search: [Google]
silurid_proof2.jpg
437KB, 1007x1000px
Here's hoping that Bayou Bash comes with minis that are legal War Pig proxies.
>>
>>52483822
Did that with the Undercity game with their boar models.

Also if I have Return Fire on a Convict Gunslinger and get the defense trigger to shoot, does the shot he makes take suits as well and thus allow another shot if I get a mask?
>>
File: Df Quick Draw.png (33KB, 254x74px) Image search: [Google]
Df Quick Draw.png
33KB, 254x74px
>>52484297
>If I have Return Fire on a Convict Gunslinger and get the defense trigger to shoot, does the shot he makes take suits as well and thus allow another shot if I get a mask?

Unless it says otherwise, I think so.

... Ok, I checked,and the answer is pretty clearly no - you get a damage flip against the attacker, you aren't taking the Collier Pistol shooting Attack action.

>>52484297
>Did that with the Undercity game with their boar models.
What Undercity game?
Or do you mean the Iron Kingdoms?
>>
>>52485858
Read Return Fire upgrade. I'm just wanting to confirm.
>>
File: Return Fire upgrade.png (286KB, 461x400px) Image search: [Google]
Return Fire upgrade.png
286KB, 461x400px
>>52484297
>>52485858
... Ok, I checked, and the answer is pretty clearly yes - you take a Sh action, and it doesn't say you .can't. take triggers.
>>
File: Guild Riflemen.jpg (478KB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
Guild Riflemen.jpg
478KB, 4208x3120px
>>52484297
>>52485858
>>52485913
>>52485918
So yes, I think that if an opponent attacks you, and you flip the Crow, you can then attack as many times as you can hit with a Mask.
Which, out of activation, is pretty beasting.
Noice.

But the Law gonna catch you one day, boy.
>>
>>52485973
Only the one extra attack since that one prevents further triggers when it goes off.
>>
>>52485918
Sweet, makes Gunslingers rather scary.

>>52485973
Not while I still have bullets
>>
File: Oxfordian Mages.jpg (35KB, 706x430px) Image search: [Google]
Oxfordian Mages.jpg
35KB, 706x430px
I have a tounament next Sunday.
On a scale of one to ten, how terrible an idea is playing three Oxfordian Mages (or any) for the first time?

I play Colette and Mei Feng, both mainly thematic, though I do run Howard and Joss when it feels foolish not to.

>>52486004
Good point.

>>52486023
The Union's always got work for willing hands, son. You good with your tools, we got jobs for you. No questions asked.
>>
What's that one model you often struggle to work around when your opponent deploys it?

For me, due to my inexperience, is anything that easily eats up my corpse markers. Asami lately being my bane, sucking down corpses to throw Jorogumos at me.
>>
File: Francisco.jpg (20KB, 300x327px) Image search: [Google]
Francisco.jpg
20KB, 300x327px
>>52486562
Either Francisco or Dr Grimsbane.

My regular Guild opponent plays Sonia and Doug, I mostly play thematic Colette with additions.

Grimsbane can be all up in yo business like you wouldn't believe with the posion pushes and ridiculous walk, and that fuck packs a punch that most of my shit can't take.

Francisco just eats and dishes out so much damage in a turn that I struggle to burn him down without committing my whole crew's damage output to doing it - and if you don't kill him, he just fucking heals up and eats a model or two

I find Grimsbane more of an actual spanner in my works, but Francisco is far more irrationally irritating.

Fuck Francisco.
>>
File: Hank.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hank.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
I'm trying to stop leaning on Hank as a terrible crutch to add killing power to my Colette crew.

Can anyone recommend something else with that solid punch?

Joss just gets left behind, even with Prompt.
>>
>>52486174
If you have a grasp of Malifaux, not a bad idea at all. Just make sure you keep them in proximity to each other, and know what upgrades you have on each and position them accordingly.
>>
File: war rabbit.jpg (410KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
war rabbit.jpg
410KB, 773x1000px
>>52483618
>No more special sales for Easter and Black Friday
That's too bad. I was kind of hoping that they would put out a new bunny miniature.
>>
>>52478404
Fucking this. It's tough competing with TT brothers, but I am sure that something can be done. Also nudge the Wandering River monks up a bit as well, so there can be a reason to use them over tengu.
>>
>>52478404
>>52488060
I'm sort of OK with certain models being a "usually not optimal" pick, but if it's in a zone where the crews that .should. be taking them - here presumably Shlong's Temple Squad - are still going elsewhere because the thematic synergy is too weak/non-existent, that's a problem.

I wouldn't mind seeing this remedied by having Book 5's 'thing' be thematic crews - take an all-Monk crew, get a free (no cost, no slot) upgrade that lets Shlong and/or Yu hand out Style upgrades to Monks like McCabe does to Minions.

Admittedly I'm not a 10T player, so I don't know how viable that specific example is, but you get the idea.
>>
>>52488211
It would be harder to do with the monks, as none of them have a characteristic (Save Shenlong himself who has Tyrant). For other masters then adding or expanding current options which give you bonuses for having models of a specific characteristic would be fine.
>>
>>52487929
No more pre-orders. You can still get the limited edition models and whatnot during the sales.
>>
>>52486676
Francisco is so much fun to use. As pointed out he is a good bodyguard for Sonnia. Should have came in the box with her instead of Samael IMO.
>>
>>52488211
Well, I'd honestly put the HRMonks up as contender for worst model period.

And honestly, that sounds shit. It'd just reduce build variety. And in general, TT for example runs best if you leave the thematic support behind. If you gave a buff that only applied to when you take Monks, you'd pretty much have to up all of their stats and damage tracks by 2 if you want that to have any viability. Only Yan and Asami are bound to them, and even then Asami doesn't want to hire too many Oni to start with.

I just want Book 5 to give some new master upgrades and some extra models, nothing fancy.
>>
>>52476267
I just want the Tri-Chi to be tournament worthy.
>>
>>52488614
>No more pre-orders.
Did they say why?

>>52491475
The boxes are all theme over power, so swapping Samael for Franc would make no sense, but it's true that I've never seen Samael on the table, whereas I see Frac 8/10 Guild games.

>>52492372
>It'd just reduce build variety.
Not if the balance of 'theme upgrade' is done properly - you'd want it to be closer to the power level of the current optimal builds so that there are lists you can use LRMonks in, not teh ebin pwnz0r making all Monks god-like in efficiency.

>>52492757
I dunno maaan, if Brewmaster gets any better he'll be the N-est NPE in the game, regardless of how difficult or not he is to take apart for a skilled player.
>>
File: Brewie Moon Shinobi Crew.jpg (570KB, 1450x744px) Image search: [Google]
Brewie Moon Shinobi Crew.jpg
570KB, 1450x744px
>>52493916
Damn it, forgot my pic.

Brewmaster Vs Doug is a silly, silly match-up.
Apparently last time it was played in my store, they had to borrow counters from TWO adjacent games because they were both playing high model-count crews and then pissing poison all over the board.
>>
>>52493916
>I dunno maaan, if Brewmaster gets any better he'll be the N-est NPE in the game, regardless of how difficult or not he is to take apart for a skilled player.

I mean, couldn't you say that about any strong debuff master?
>>
>>52493916
>>No more pre-orders.
>Did they say why?
Brick and mortar stores did not like them sniping sales from them for most if the year.
>>
Building my Death Marshal Recruiters tonight and I'll start playing Lady J more. Should be fun.
>>
File: 1397083925122.jpg (104KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1397083925122.jpg
104KB, 500x383px
>>52487779
Misstep
>>
File: Brewmaster Crew.jpg (884KB, 3262x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster Crew.jpg
884KB, 3262x1364px
>>52495541
gd 1

>>52495060
Well, that's pretty reasonable of them, I guess.
Bastards.

>>52494553
From what others have told me about him, Brewmaster's the most efficiently annoying in terms of sheer number of mdels stuck on -flips rendered hopelessly useless.
Paralyze Pandora is fucking irritating, but at least it's only two or three models for the turn - Brewy sounds like he could gimp most of your crew by turn 3 with a bit of careful work.
>>
File: desperatemercmale.jpg (65KB, 896x600px) Image search: [Google]
desperatemercmale.jpg
65KB, 896x600px
>>52486174
>>52487853
>Oxfordian Mages
How do I use them?
Second-row gunline, or further back-field?

General shooting, or try and line up to murder one thing a turn?

The (hopefully built-in) trigger to push 2" per book could be handy to hold objectives from afar too.
>>
File: Sikh Guy.png (2MB, 716x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Sikh Guy.png
2MB, 716x1480px
How competitive/casual is the population here?

I used to play at least one game a week, no tournaments, but life has crashed in such a way that I only get to play in quarterly tournaments these days.

The podcastosphere is of course slanted tournament-wards, those folks being rabid enough to publish about it, but what about the denizens of /tg/?
>>
>>52499306
It's not a total dichotomy, more of a spectrum. We have weekly game night, we have tournies. I like playing themed crews or just taking 1 master for a month, but I also like prepping for competition and stomping balls.

It's more about the mentality of the player than anything. Tourney players can be good dudes and casuals can be snobby shits.
>>
>>52499306
Second ed seemed to turn down a lot of WAAC tendencies, from what I can tell. With less absurd power imbalances, there's less incentive to run crews that aren't fun.

Never played in a tournament though, I couldn't say.
>>
>>52499306
Really don't like tournaments since I prefer not to rush games and just take the time to have a fun afternoon, but I'm also a fair bit better than my locals and haven't lost a game yet in some two years of playing so I feel I have to at this point.
>>
>>52499306
I go to every tournament I can, even though I can't call myself a super competitive player. Being able to play more games, meet more players, and most importantly, get oodles of free models makes the tournament experience worth it regardless of your playstyle IMO.
>>
File: Colette nu Bois.jpg (102KB, 844x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Colette nu Bois.jpg
102KB, 844x1600px
>>52499914
I wasn't trying to make any calls about the nature of the players, just the normal game environment.

Unfortunately my area only started running tournaments weeks before I started a new job, so I've basically traded my weekly game night for infrequent weekend 3-rounders.

>>52500472
>Really don't like tournaments since I prefer not to rush games
Sounds like my problem is definitelynot your problem, but I found tournament play was very helpful in tightening up my 'macros' and speeding up decision-making, so I actually enjoy my rare relaxed games more since I can concentrate on the actual work, rather than agonising over how the engine of the crew is ticking over.
>>
>>52495533
Do you use all the models from the starter?
>>
>Still no Sloth FAQ explaining how the fuck he works in regards to choosing an option you are immune to or choosing to gain a condition you already have
>>
>>52487779
>I'm trying to stop filling a role with the best available model in that role.

If you're short on points you could downgrade to Joss, Envy, or even Willie as budget options to deliver damage. Some of the beasts are pretty good, too.

If you can afford Hank, though, just take Hank.
>>
>>52507909
Envy is a good choice because whilst he may not be the best killer, he still provides several other useful abilities that put him into a slightly different role. He's cheaper, ranged, punishes schemes/rewards Collette and his ability to hand out focus helps your other beaters.

Personally i think Willie is for very different shit to Hank and shouldn't be compared.
>>
>>52501822
It's not even about trying to perfect my play, I just like casual afternoons where you have a drink and chat a bit in the meantime. Trying to squeeze in 3-4 games in a day doesn't really work with that.
>>
File: Miss Fire 1.jpg (149KB, 889x472px) Image search: [Google]
Miss Fire 1.jpg
149KB, 889x472px
>>52507909
>>52508315
I actually 'won' the Crossroad Seven as my Divergent Paths participation prize, which is pretty cool, so Envy is an option.

The problem with Hank is that he's a little too fragile under focused attention - playing against Neverborn or McMourning (the two regular opponents that give me most grief) tends to see him melt earlier than I like.
Some of that might be poor impulse control on my part though - he's such a good cruise missile I have difficulty not using him as such.

If Hank's for assassination runs, and Envy is for area denial/ranged beating; what do you use Willie for?
He seems a little trickier.
I really wanted to pick up his Miss Fire Alt, but didn't get my act together at the time and I won't be paying thirty bucks for a single.
>>
>>52510118
A decent McMourning player should never lose more than one model to hank. The ability to ignore armour, transfuse and expunge or just throw a nurse at him means though Douglas will lose some high cards, you aren't going to maintain the spider guy as a threat.

I don't really play Arcanists so i cant help you all that much. I do play Jack Daw and i think Envy is fantastic with that ditch a card to give an ally focus thing, which can really help set up any other "cruise missile" types you may have. That free focus can be very effective against McMourning and/or Neverborn who tend to have a lot of Hard to Wound or Impossible to Wound, so focus can help get you towards a straight flip.

Ultimately the Rail Golem looks impressive to me, the Ice Golem could one shot nearly any model with collettes movement bullshit+ the free focus from envy and the Razorspine Rattler/Slate Ridge Mauler/Sabertooth Cerberus are all very fucking deadly in their own ways. Personally i think the Rattler is the one I'd take with Collette as it can poison things for your performers to abuse and your performers can pull targets up to it where they cant leave without damaging disengaging strikes but cant attack it without getting spooked.

Have you considered just getting Killjoy and flying up malifaux raptors or wind gamin or something to give your opponent a heart attack?
>>
>>52499306
Not sure about all of /tg/, but my group plays pretty casually.
>>
>>52497285
I try to get at least one turn of Furious Casting from each of them; ideally more. I've found the burning and slow triggers far more effective.
>>
Someone with play test files around?
>>
>>52512074
>I've found the burning and slow triggers far more effective.
True - Slow is pretty huge, and the Burning would be really handy for Mei.
I guess I'll just feel it out for a round or two.

>>52513206
No. If there was, they would've announced it long ago. Stop asking.
>>
>have models
>can't paint for shit
>don't wanna ruin beautiful models
>don't wanna take bare models to meet ups
>never play
It's a cruel cycle I'm in
>>
>>52515632
Come at me bro. We are the same.
>>
>>52499306
>How competitive/casual is the population here?
Our group is very casual, at least with this game. We play an even mix of standard / story encounters, and have even been incorporating the campaign rules in a small way. When we're in a competitive mode, almost everybody would rather be playing WMH or Guildball. Malifaux is the "fluff outlet".

M2E is definitely robust enough to handle competitive play, it's just never felt like a good fit to us. The game's biggest strength vs other tabletop skirmishers, IMO, is how tightly (and successfully) it integrates the narrative with the rules - if you skip that, I think you're really missing out on what makes the system special.

YMMV
>>
>>52516235
I just sit here staring at them while I build terrain for days. Literally have enough terrain to fill 3+ boards.
>>
>>52516373
Out of curiosity, what kind of terrain have you built?
>>
>>52516373
I have assembled and covered the holes with greenstuff.
>>
>>52516454
Everything. Most of it doubles for mordheim terrain so lots of open ruins with multiple stories but really anything. Rock outcroppings, crumbling walls with palisades, a destroyed governor estate (centrepiece for my mordheim games), wells, etc.

Recently for Malifaux-specific stuff I'm working on a Bayou terrain; swamps, little walkways, raised cabins. It's a lot easier than mordheim as I don't have to make them open.

Also, is it just me or do very little people make use of levelled terrain? I mean I've watched a heap of bat-reps and almost none have any terrain that seems useful/used for scaling. Maybe I'm set in my old Mordheim ways, as I said I haven't played any games of Malifaux.
>>
>>52516569
Malifaux is pretty different from Mordheim as far as levelled terrain goes. With the AP economy there isn't a huge inclination to climb up onto a building. If you have a sniper that has From the Shadows then you can deploy them on top of one, but otherwise it is avoided.
>>
>>52516675
That's a shame. I love Malifaux don't get me wrong, but sprawling games of mordheim are what really tickle my fancy. Hopefully I can't get my ass around to completing this skirmish game so I can playtest it
>>
>>52516675
Some truth to that, but I think you just have to account for it when you're setting up your board. If a high spot is only really interesting as a "sniping spot", then provide a ladder or stairs to get up there so it's not prohibitive to do so.

If there's a large section of your board that's higher, then the schemes / strategies will often mean everybody is climbing up there regardless.
>>
>>52476267
Hey all. Been out of the game for a couple of years, hopefully you can enlighten me about something. Looking through the most recent book, there's a bunch of 0 cost upgrades in there for seemingly random models, in addition to the new stuff. I get that they fill an upgrade slot, but most of them seem so good for a freebie that I can't see why you would ever NOT take them. What's the deal?
>>
>>52517306
Climable terrain is still 2" for every 1" of Wk though, unless you have flying. It is still harder to get any real height than let's say Infinity where moving up is 1" for 1", or 40K where guys in a squad can automatically move up. You are right about the larger sections though. If a good section of a board is a plateau with a squat marker or whatever on it then it may see people climbing up it.
>>
>>52517369
Patch upgrades (Which sometimes to force you to compromise between taking another upgrade). I think that they know that people don't like things being errata'd all the time, especially as the cards aren't free online or anything.
>>
>>52517369
They're little attempts at buffs for shit models. How effective they are are hit and miss though. Some I still wouldn't take as models period. I honestly prefer the direct nerfs and buffs, not forcing you to clog up your upgrade slots.
>>
>>52517403
Yes, but the rulebook does have that allowance for "doesn't apply to things that are easy to climb up like stairs". At the end of the day it's up to the players (or the TO) to rule whether a given piece is "walk up" or "climb up". Technically ladders are cited as "climb" in the rulebook, but for the reasons cited above we usually treat them as 1" = 1". It is, after all, much easier to climb a ladder than a brick wall or a rock face. We also have most of our high spots accessible by stairs or ramps.

As with most things, if a specific terrain piece is a concern, just discuss it before the game.
>>
>>52517438
>>52518139
That seems like kinda a clunky way to patch a model... more upgrade cards to keep track of, and if I don't have the latest book on hand I'm playing at a disadvantage I didn't even know existed.

Assuming that you'd always take these, right? If you're already bringing the "shit" model anyway, I mean.
>>
>>52518248
I suspect the days of 0 cost patches are over with. Aaron seems to be much more willing to errata balance issues that Justin was.
>>
>>52518805
Gotcha. Related unrelated question - has anybody bothered to compile the electronic model cards into a better format, for reference purposes? Or is it just a "rifle through whichever book pdf you think that model may have been in" kinda deal?
>>
Pure Oni Asami crew?
How bad an idea is this?
>>
>>52519988
Pure Oni might be a bit restrictive, but Yasunori is nuts with her.
>>
>>52520726
Yasinori is nuts. Period. Full stop.
>>
>>52519988
Most Oni don't drop corpse or scrap markers on death, so a bit of a waste. I'd say Yasunori, maybe an Obsidian Oni if you're set on having a lot of scrap fast, and then just general TT stuff. Bettari is too card intensive for the already card intensive Asami, Ama no Zako is too suit intensive (and Ml 5), Jorogumo are Ml 5's and the Yokai are great summons so there's no need to bring them.

Just get general TT support, a beater, a sniper, something schemey and you're full.
>>
>>52520859
Yasunori is fine. Just new, shiny and filling a role TT has been somewhat lacking in.
>>
>>52518905
One guy has done a zip of the Outcast cards, but they are all unlabelled and out of order, and are side-by-side or above-below as they appear in the book rather than a consistent format.

Nonetheless, the guy's done a great service and I salute him.

Side note; I only just realised how filthy Void Wretches are for four stones.
>>
>>52515632
>>52516235

IMO Malifaux models are far from "beautiful." I admit there are surely a couple of eye-catching ones, and the newer ones seem to be getting better...but I don't ever put the care into my Malifaux minis that I do to say my GW ones. Not worth it.

Anyway, to your guys' problem, this is what you do:

Pick your least favorite crew, or some really useless minions/peons (ones you probably wouldn't take too often except in corner cases) and just prime and paint them. Bite the fucking bullet. Follow a YouTube tutorial (even one for a different model works to learn the techniques). You will be surprised how when you get those 3-5 base colors on there and hit them with a wash all of a sudden the model really starts to take on a life of its own. When you begin to practice highlighting and dry-brushing just TAKE YOUR TIME. Can't stress that enough. But I mean feel free to play with base colored and washed dudes because they will look so much better than grey plastic.

In fact if you take time to do a little detail on the bases (again look up tutorials, even for 40k and stuff), your base colored/washed dudes will actually look pretty fucking good, they won't even need much more detail. Although learning to do some conservative dry-brushing with a lighter color on some colors will really make things pop. Everything I have mentioned here is skills any old doofus can easily pick up in one or two tries. I know this because I did, and I too used to be terrified of ruining my minis. And behold, when you have done this to 2-3 trash minions all of a sudden you will have the confidence (and the drive) to attempt to do a much better job on your favorite master or henchman. I swear.
>>
>>52522895
Oh, and it goes without saying but I will say it:

For the love of all that is fucking holy...THIN YOUR PAINTS. This is the absolute key to getting better at painting. Thin them and control the amount of thin paint that is on your brush, you don't want a lot. Yeah you may have to do several layers, but it is much better than a model drenched in blocky, gloopy,thick-ass paint. Rely on your washes for detail, not heavily applied colors.
>>
File: Arcane_effify_3.jpg (444KB, 800x740px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane_effify_3.jpg
444KB, 800x740px
>>52519988
It's not the best idea, but it'd be functional.
Arguably you could do it with an extra couple of boxes of Yokai and Obsidian Oni.

Obsidian Oni can generate some (not a lot) of the scrap you'll need, but otherwise you're mostly looking to kill or get Ugly Betty's trigger to get those markers out.
>>
So I want to be a real dick and create a 10T crew that just lays down a dead zone in the middle for strats like Extraction, Guard the Stash and Squatter's Rights.

I am thinking a Brewmaster/Sensei Yu drunk bubble, plus Yamaziko to make charging them a bad idea. I also was considering Chiaki to hand out Slow all over the place, or Lust probably fills the same role nicely and can move enemy models around much better... But what's the best way to discourage people from trying to shoot/cast me to death? Or to at least pressure them into engaging me?
>>
>>52525518
Misdirection, Smoke Bombs, using cover, and the like can mitigate ranged attacks.
>>
>>52527813
Oh yeah, I had considered smoke & shadows on Yamaziko, because it's unlimited use, but I actually forgot about Misdirection. What would be a good target to shunt the damage to? Terracotta?
>>
>>52527922
I believe Misdirection makes them the target so you can't negate damage with the terracotta. Shadow Effigy is my go to, usually.
>>
>>52528419
Terracotta becomes the new target so can't prevent the damage I think, but you can put the protection on another model to misdirect onto.
>>
>>52522895
Lold you really claim Malifaux minis are worse than gw ones? With a good proportions and posing? You must be kidding.
>>
>>52529591
While I think that GW figures outdo Malifaux ones when it comes to details per square inch, you are definitely right that Malifaux figures are much better posed, much more finely proportioned, deeper, and generally higher fidelity as afforded to them by their high part count. I guess that guy didn't feel the same way, he must like big shoulder pauldrons.
>>
File: Misaki.png (94KB, 430x363px) Image search: [Google]
Misaki.png
94KB, 430x363px
How playable is a fully human Last Blossom Smoke & Shadows crew?

Misaki, Ototo (10), Yamaziko (7), three Torakage (6) and two Oiran (5).

I don't currently play 10T, so I know relatively little about how to play that, but the Smoke Bombs and teleports sound potentially fun.

Vaguely related, why are High River Monks considered bad?
They don't seem amazing, but the stats are OK, 3 attacks on charge and burning all over the shop.
>>
File: Cojo.jpg (183KB, 800x950px) Image search: [Google]
Cojo.jpg
183KB, 800x950px
>>52522895
>>52529795
> GW figures outdo Malifaux ones when it comes to details per square inch
The idea that, for some people, this is the metric for how 'good' a model is, is saddening.

Just about any of GW's main competitors do better on posing and anatomy.
It is a shame that this tends to mean there are few/no multi-part poseable kits though.
Have an angry gorilla.
>>
File: Mei Feng Scrap Construct.jpg (159KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng Scrap Construct.jpg
159KB, 800x450px
>>52530006
Ah, I have just seen that the (2) SHadow Stride teleport is Minions only.
That makes slOwtoto far less useful...
>>
>>52530006
Not very playable. Even if you included Jorogumo it wouldn't be viable. One maybe two minions for teleporting about would be fine, but since pretty much all Last Blossom units are kind of bad without outside support so you'll quickly run into trouble.

The High River Monks make you discard an extra card for that attack, and that gives you a whopping 1/2/4 (the burning you can't count on since a lot of schemes require an actual models to make the kill and condition removal exists). They crumble to any even just cheaper minions attacking them due to not having any defensive abilities, which makes their melee only style unplayable. Even at 5 SS they would be utterly outclassed (Komainu, TTB and Terracotta Warriors, etc), and in general they're just very bad even at what they're designed to do.

>>52525518
Don't use the Brewmaster for his drinking bubble. It's a nice bonus if it happens, but your focus should always be on other things. If you use him, the rest of your crew will be chasing down models tagged with Swills and beat them to a pulp in Brew's 12" range, so don't have such a heavy support focus. If you want to make it hard to approach you, have a Yin be there. The - to Wp on any big model allows Brew to do whatever he wants to it, and if he ever gets to obeying something you can obey it into her terrifying.

Besides Brew, Yan Lo is a great bubbler since he can forcefully drag people into his, Lynch because coming anywhere near him or his crew means death, Shen essentially makes a bubble with some 5" to 10" extra threat range, Mei allows you to make whatever area you're standing in immune against casting and shooting while you you spam komainu everywhere. Pretty much all of TT can be pretty good at creating a death zone but it'll always boil down to having some very big hitters clump up.
>>
>>52529795
It's somewhat down to personal preference I think, plus comparing the output of entire companies (esp those with as large a back catalog as GW) in generalities is kind of tough.

I'm definitely not a fan of the "marine pose" GW models that seem to have taken over, but in the past they've done a lot of cool stuff. Some of my favorite minis in my cabinet are GW products.

By the same turn, while I like most of Wyrd's stuff, the newer "Callista Flockhart Scale" models, like Levi's plastic box, really turn me off. They look kinda neat in the renders, but at arm's length all the detail just disappears. The most important angle for a mini to look good at is top down from 3' away, which is something Wyrd seems to forget sometimes. Those types of minis also tend to be prohibitively fragile for gaming.

I absolutely love the new plastics for chunkier stuff - monsters and big dudes, especially. But for a lot of the masters and other human-sized characters, I still find myself using the old metals more often than not.
>>
>>52521760
>Side note; I only just realised how filthy Void Wretches are for four stones.
Void wretches have their place, but I can tell you that (a) there's a lot of competition in Outcasts, and (b) Pure Nothingness is going to give you a lot of headaches if you're not playing them in a Tara crew. Df 2 is not ok.
>>
>>52530006
Playable, but not very good. Smoke & Shadows is minion only.

Yu, Lust, Bros, and Jorogumo are all great with Misaki for the utility they bring, which her crew tends to lack. Joro just hits hard for its cost
>>
>>52529591
>>52529795

I play Dark Eldar...a single Kabalite or Scourge brings me infinitely more joy to paint than my favorite Malifaux mini. It's personal preference broham.
>>
File: hmm.png (309KB, 435x513px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
309KB, 435x513px
>>52528419
>>52528601
I dunno about that. As I read it Misdirection says that after an attack succeeds against (in this case) Brewmaster, who is already the target since it has succeeded, on a mask he can shunt the effects of the attack to a target within 2"...who for our purposes would be the Terracotta Warrior.

In this situation Terracotta Warrior is the target of "Df (Masks) Misdirection:" not the original Attack Action, as it reads "suffer the effects of the Attack Action instead of this model." Just suffer the effects, not becomes the new target. The attacker would then perform a damage flip or other effect against Terracotta Warrior. The Warrior's ability reads "when this model suffers damage from anything other than an Action that targeted it"...and as we previously read it is suffering the damage from an Attack Action that did not target it "instead" of the original target. The only thing targeting it is Misdirection, which is not in itself causing damage.

I think this is the correct interpretation. I think it is slightly overpowered, yes, and I think that eventually they will errata it. But for now I am pretty sure this means if I park a Warrior 2" from a Leader with Misdirection then for the cost of a mask and single card from my control hand I can prevent that damage as many times as I have those resources.
>>
>>52535423
is correct.

Misdirection targets and causes the Terracotta Warrior to take damage. And in not being an action that targets it, Thousands Strong works perfectly. Seems to be intended to work like this.

This takes up two cards, one of which a suit, and a Terracotta Warrior to stand 2" from your leader though, so it's hardly abusable in any meaningful way.
>>
>>52535512
Well except if I have Brewmaster and Yamaziko with nades attached (who is 40mm mind you) with the Warrior behind them. Then it becomes infuriatingly difficult to target the Warrior, charge the area, or kill Brewmaster or Yamaziko from range. That and if Sensei Yu is standing about 6" to either side I have an effective 12x6 inch area of Drinking Contest in the middle of the table. And remember this is only for use on middle-based strats, I wouldn't bring this crew outside of Guard the Stash or Squatter's Rights or what have you.
>>
>>52535423
Excellent! I'm happy to be wrong here. Terracotta 4 lyfe
>>
File: Oiran.jpg (236KB, 1594x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran.jpg
236KB, 1594x1000px
>>52530473
>High River Monks
>in general they're just very bad even at what they're designed to do.
Yup, that's a pretty compelling case made.

>>52530473
>pretty much all Last Blossom units are kind of bad without outside support
I like the look or Oiran (which I have), and the Torakage look acceptable.
I think I'm maybe just bad at reading cards.
Or translating cards to actual tabletop performance.
Or I'm too used to Colette crutching my otherwise-underwhelming shit.
>>
>>52535423
>>52535512
>>52535848
I really think Terracottas are going to get the bat in the next round of negotiations.
It's just far too strong an ability.

Naturally, as a fresh Nucius player (I bought him before the buff, I'm just a slow as fuck painter) I'm a fan in concept of them
>>
Where do I get the imbued energies upgrade in Arcanists?
>>
File: 1437025552781[1].png (381KB, 443x900px) Image search: [Google]
1437025552781[1].png
381KB, 443x900px
As new player (but experienced at tabletop games) i am looking to start some fun to play crew.

I found rly nice set "Parker Barrows" but it will be in 1,5 months...

What can work later with that set? I rly like mechanics of Leveticus , but i will probably end up buying some other faction models and have poor set of Outcasts...

Some quetsions:
1. Is starter of Leveticus "enough", or i need to buy double-starters for more dead Waifus and Abominations?
2. Next i should buy this bigger abomination that he can create and some big guy like "dust and ashe" etc
3. And then i probably have to buy some other faction constructs/undead, correct?

Does it work later for something else than Leveticus ?
>>
>>52530006
You need to include Jorogumo, the best Last Blossom minion. Even then it isn't that good, but if you bring in Sensei Yu and Lust you will do much better. I would tone down on the Torakage, you honestly don't need all three if any. Having more than one Oiran with a master that wants crows as much as Misaka is a stretch as well.
>>
>>52536159
They are so great with Nucius, who is baller as fuck now.
>>
>>52537182
You can only ever have two waifs on the board at the same time, so buying another starter is redundant. That said you are entirely right about the Desolation Engine and Ashes & Dust being good purchases. The Engine is something that will be more of a looming threat rather than something that you hire off the bat however.

With Levi you have a lot of construct and undead models to choose from, though out of faction stuff won't be entirely necessary.

For general Outcasts stuff that you can use with both Parker and Levi, look at Sue and Johan.
>>
>>52537182
Leveticus is pretty much locked in to the "abomination crew" most of the time. You already get the max of hollow waifs in the box, but you will absolutely want to get more abominations and the desolation engine if you are planning on running him primarily as a summoner. Rusty Alyce and Ashes & Dust are both models he brings that you can find a place for in other crews, but the abominations are usually only seen with Levi.

However, if you're planning on going to Parker next, there's other masters you might consider first - Viktorias or Von Schill. Both of those are pretty equal-opportunity in terms of what they take. They like their thematic crews, but are also happy to mix it up with other things available. Models like Ronin, Taelor and Freikorps can find a home in a lot of crews.

A more esoteric option would be to build a Jack Daw crew with the new Dead Outlaws, which can also be used by Parker.
>>
I'm planning on running a Through the Breach campaign for my buddies in a few weeks, and while I'm more or less familiar with the rules and premise, reading books for the wargame strongly implies that there was some stuff going on between the release of Almanacs' and Ripples of Fate, lorewise. Vignettes help out a little, but I still don't have a clear picture. Where can I read about it?

And if you have any, I would like to hear about your experience with the RPG.
>>
>>52537966
While some of that fluff is covered with the Chronicles stories, most of the big events happen in the Nythera penny dreadful.
>>
>>52537493
As a TT McCabe player I am happy to be picking up Lucius, as the two masters share so much now. Witchling Thralls are just icing on the cake.
>>
>>52529795
Malifaux has a few bad poses and models too.
I honestly prefer some of the more neutral poses in the metal sculpts.
>>
>>52522895
>IMO Malifaux models are far from "beautiful." I admit there are surely a couple of eye-catching ones, and the newer ones seem to be getting better...but I don't ever put the care into my Malifaux minis that I do to say my GW ones. Not worth it.
lel
>>
>>52540130
Witchling Thralls are fucking nuts. I'm strongly considering getting 2 more just to see what could happen. They are great.

Also, you're one master short of my personal Guild trifecta: McMourning.
>>
>>52537182
I love Levi, but he works best if you are going towards constructs or undead rather than parker barrows and his bandits. Jack Daw can make use of "Dead Outlaws" which are designed for both parker barrows and jack daw, Misaki has Wokou Raiders which are much the same and "The Viktorias" should work fine with mostly anything plus the stuff in their box should work fine with Parker.

Ashes and Dust and Rusty Alyce are the only levi related models that really work well with other people, but they work amazingly with them.
>>
>>52540371
My brother legit bought 4. I don't think I've ever seen him run all 4 but that's only because he hasn't printed out the new Lucius errata'd cards.
>>
>>52540371
McMourning prefers executioners to Witchling Thralls imo, especially with that new upgrade available to them. Still you can have McMourning inject someone up or order an interact nearby so that the thrall can hit people.
>>
File: Lucius Painted.jpg (37KB, 800x424px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Painted.jpg
37KB, 800x424px
>>52537454
I'm a theme nerd, so I'd like them to all be Last Blossom if possible.
Are the Torakage that bad?
And the Oiran I just like. I know they're competing for suits, but that's something I'll manage with.

I was just wondering if the crew .could. work, or if it was a guaranteed roflstomping every game.

>>52540707
>4 Witchling Thralls
Disgusting.
Also about 80% of your crew, right?

Still, someone this swag as fuuuuck needs security.
>>
>>52537165
Irritatingly I think you only get them in the Upgrades or Arsenal decks.

The former is (I think) nearly every upgrade in the game up to Book 2 or 3.
The latter is now out of print, but contains every card in book 1 and 2 - all the stat cards and upgrades.

Doing it like that is one of the more annoying business decisions Wyrd have made, becuase apparently they're actually not that easty to get hold of from/for distributors here in Europe.

The upside is, I guess, that you get every card you could need if you do get your hands on an Arsenal Deck.
>>
>>52535129
Personally i like painting chaos marines. No, i LOVE it. They are pretty fucking simple to paint and look gorgeous with little effort put into them.
>>
>>52541636
Torakage are fine.
>>52542145
Can you teach me your secrets?
>>
>>52542175
Secrets? Are you kidding? There are no secrets, those are easy to paint, just thin your paints and lighten up the edges of the armor, for example when you paint word bearers cover the whole armor with a little bit of black ink mixed with water, then the red edges should be lightened with orange, for thousand sons do the same with gold and blue - blue you lighten with light blue color and then with white, come on, you can do that pretty easy pal, just try. Also is a very quick way to paint whole fucking battalions of marines.
Really easiest way to make your army painted fast and good is to master the lighting.
Then you try other techniques (not sure i pronounced that word correctly). Give it a try.
>>
Also if you have Terminators they are the easiest models to learn how to paint because of size.
And if you want you can add lightnings or lava on armor. May want to use some conversions aswell.
>>
File: Emberling.jpg (333KB, 1141x900px) Image search: [Google]
Emberling.jpg
333KB, 1141x900px
>>52542594
>>52542624
Any advice on fire?

Pic related is two or three models down my painting queue, and has been for the last three or four models because I don't want to have to learn to paint flame and magma.
>>
>>52542715
Lol nope i am stuck with Fire Gamin myself. Never had the opportunity to paint fire so have no skill in it and pretty much stuck, check youtube for some videos, should help. Also sister whimpering at me about how long will it take to paint her kaeris crew is not helping at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUvK7ft9kt8
Try following the steps from here. Should be decent fire, but not brilliant, thought that fire is way too soft-colored and white-ish to my tastes. Gotta be more variety.
>>
>>52536159
I'd honestly say it's not that bad. With 4 wounds and the Warriors needing LoS to their protection target and only being able to place the condition once per turn, it really just takes one or two shots aimed at them to make them crumble, even with the Armor 1. Just a general nuisance that you can easily dispose of.

I hope this willingness to make changes to models on both ends of the spectrum doesn't end up turning into "This is new and requires slight counterplay, please nerf it".
>>
File: Mei Feng Full Rail Crew.jpg (739KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng Full Rail Crew.jpg
739KB, 1100x700px
>>52542859
That's roughly what I was thinking of doing.
I'm just going to have to accept that I'll lose an evening to agonisingly slow layering.
I'll be going a hell of a lot further into the orange/red that that guy did though.
>>
>>52542715

First look at some pictures of flame to get an idea of what it looks like. Note that the center of the flame is lighter and then it gets darker as you work your way out. So many people get this wrong...

I would build up from a grey prime. First hit everything with a very bright white if you want the flame to look bright, otherwise skip that. Then build up yellow, then orange, then finally red as you get to the tips. You can add a little dark grey or black in at the very tips to look like smoke is coming off the flames.

If its something that's whole body is made of flame you may want to hit the whole thing in yellow, then use an orange wash, then work up to the tips in the same manner described above.

Magma is similar, except you want to create veins or flows (like in your pic)...colors should be darker the closer they are to the "rock" portions. Obsidian/charcoal is easy to do by painting dark black and lightly drybrushing with dark, then light grey.

Experiment with different washes and glazes to get a more "realistic" flame look. It is not super hard and you will surprise yourself with your results if you take your time and paint carefully with THIN paint that isn't dripping off the brush.
>>
>>52537182
If you are considering Outcasts and just learning the game I would highly recommend the Viks. They are a solid and very straightforward crew that is pretty playable out of the box. You'll want to add Vanessa and maybe some Freikorps models (the Trapper is a must imo), and probably the Malifaux Child if you want to do the ultimate Vik dive. However you don't have to always build Viks to dive, they can very easily play area denial too, and in the GG2017 it is probably the better way to play them against many masters. Either way, their mechanics are fairly easy to pick up and will teach you a lot about positioning, charges, etc, while leaving your mind free to worry about learning the ins and outs of the actual game, mostly the different strats and schemes.

Once you have a better sense of the current GG pool, then you can start looking at what other masters might complement your play style (and the pool) best. Outcasts have some pretty strong masters, and Levi is definitely one if played correctly. I just think he would be very heavily punished out the gate by experienced players if your are just learning the game. Parker seems great (especially with the scheme marker-heavy pool we have) and I hope to try him when he is wide released.
>>
>>52544758
The trapper comes in the VS box, in general if you want Freikorps models its a good idea to get that box.
>>
>>52542715
Glaze Medium (I use Vallejo's). Add a bit to your paint and it'll become slightly transparent, allowing for smoother highlights and easy OSL.
>>
>>52483658
I was talking with one of the guys about the playtesting. He didn't mention too much about new TT units, but there are sopme neat upgrades. Jakob for instance is getting a limited one which lets him summon depleted. Misaki gets a couple of triggers to Thunder. One which lets you cheat damage regardless, and another that lets you place the blast marker anywhere on the board (Subject to change of course), a new black sheep, and buffs for Asami. What is too bad is that the Emissaries don't get new conflux upgrades for any of the Ripples of Fate masters.
>>
Bamp for the game I am tsundre for
>>
What is the absolute largest Malifaux figure in height? Volume?
>>
>>52548001
Gotta bev one of the Emissaries. Thunder is huge
>>
>>52546590
Forgot to add that Brewmaster is being bumped up as well. I liked him already, so I hope that he pans out nicely.
>>
>>52548321
Oh shit, you still around mate? Anything you hear about Levi, Jack, Von Schill or McMourning or their related models?
>>
>>52548001
Alternate Nothing Beast is pretty huge, i wouldn't be surprised if its the largest in size, though it's hollow and plastic so not in weight. The tallest though? Probably Lord Chompy Bits?
>>
>>52548321
What's Brewie getting? Is it still Wyrd trying to make him poison-based?
>>
>>52550354
I found it highly amusing that the only one of the wave 3 or 4 models that are poison focused (of which there were several) that Brewmaster could take were the Akaname and Yokai, which much like High River Monk basically require him to waste a lot of AP since there's no decent "hand poison to allies" stuff like the nurse available to him and Shenlong does a better job since he can hand it out with their zero.

McMourning devastates with poison because he has access to nurses, rancid transplant (4ish poison on one attack in both cases) and most of all transfusion. Brewie really needs some tools like these.
>>
>>52550569
Well, Brewmaster's 0 action One for the Road is actually quite useful for that.
>Target model gains the Poison +2 Condition, then push this model 6” towards the target model.
Doesn't have a TN or anything. You'll still never use it past turn 2 but it's something. They just don't do enough with it to justify taking them. And his Emissary was an absolute joke. It really feels like Wyrd wants him to be played a certain way, ignoring any signs that it's clearly not working.
>>
>>52550647
Yes and McMourning has Injection, a very similar 0 action. McMourning still needs tools like nurses and transfusion to power up his embalmed zombies, ready his trandfusions, fuel thats the stuff and turn Sebastian into an AOE nightmare of death.
>>
>>52543324
Best of luck!
>>
>>52540371
Witchling Thralls ARE great, no doubt, but on the other hand... 9 SS minion. At that cost, they'd better be great.

You're talking about a minion that costs as much as Francisco with Wade In, or almost 2 of most other minions. Try to keep it in perspective.
>>
>>52552016
Compare them to the Jorogumo, they absolutely blow them out of the water. They're very much at the upper end of the scale powerwise, minion or not.
>>
File: flameyflame.jpg (14KB, 236x251px) Image search: [Google]
flameyflame.jpg
14KB, 236x251px
>>52542715
Biggest thing is just don't paint the fire upside-down. This is a classic mistake.

Brightest / lightest colors = the hottest bits = closest to the center / fuel source
>>
>>52549614
One of the old Teddies might be the heaviest. I was gonna say an Avatar, but most of those were at least part resin.
>>
>>52552078
Nightmare teddy is taller than nightmare lcb, but lcb is a lot bulkier
>>
>>52548001
The Shadow Emissary is about 15 cm long and 10 cm tall. Really just hell to transport. Same with all the Emissary and Jorogumo and whatnot, really. Does anyone else find these things too impractical to even just physically deploy?
>>
>>52548917
We didn't talk about outcasts much sadly, but he did mention a couple things about Von Schill. He is getting an upgrade that makes him more obey focused, so you can fire off a bunch of guys to make the crew more gunline focused. One neat note is that like Von Schill's own gun, on a trigger the obeyed attacks can give you a stone. Also he is getting Freikorps Engineers which can buff him by giving Von Schill armor among other things.
>>
File: Mei Feng Rail Crew Big Pool.jpg (209KB, 1024x553px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng Rail Crew Big Pool.jpg
209KB, 1024x553px
>>52551648
>>52552051
I might try and keep a WiP record of it.
But I'll have to carpet-bomb the EXIF data to avoid associating my name with what is likely to be a not-great-looking model.
i dunt paynt gud.
>>
File: Brewmaster.jpg (44KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster.jpg
44KB, 559x399px
>>52552016
>You're talking about a minion
I think that is part of it - there a bunch of powers that only work on Minions.
Especially since they are designed to work with Masters that specialise in Minion control.
As an Enforcer, they might be less valuable than they are as a Minion.
Which is dumb, and I think Wyrd could do with managing the Stations vs powerof models a little more carefully.

>>52552038
Are Jorogumo all that good?
I've only played against one of them in a Henchman Hardcore, and it didn't give me that much grief.
>>
>>52553668
The Ml 5 really kills them. Even as summons they're best used as smoke markers on steroids, really.
>>
>>52553668
>2017
>playing Henchman Hardcore
>>
File: Consider this.png (152KB, 280x577px) Image search: [Google]
Consider this.png
152KB, 280x577px
>>52554025
What should I be playing as a 40-minute evening closer against someone I wanted to play but had no time for?

>>52553716
I guess that's not as reliable as you'd want, no...
>>
>>52553668
>there a bunch of powers that only work on Minions.
That's a good point. I assume it's a minion because they didn't want you to be able to stick upgrades on it.
>>
>>52552454
Ahhh yeah, totally forgot about Nightmare Chompy. You could lose a toe if you dropped that thing.
>>
>>52553091
Are the emissaries that big? I'm surprised to hear it. I think the only one I've seen in the flesh is the guild one.

I doubt I'll ever actually buy one of them considering I've got like 6 of the old avatar models hanging around. (basically all the ones I thought looked cool... Sonnia, Seamus, Kirai, Dreamer, Pandora, and Hamelin. And then I'm pretty sure I picked up Colette and Viks as well but ended up parting them for conversions).
>>
>>52554573
They are that large, they are meant to big larger centerpiece models after all. I do like the Hodgepodge Emissary though as he looks like just another dude riding alongside your forces.
>>
First buys for guild Lucius. I got austringers and doppleganger already, what else should I grab?
>>
>>52555993
Witchling Thralls and Mimics
>>
>>52554573
Wait wait wait wait. You've seen the Brutal Emissary and you don't think he's very big? Did you see him from across a room with no other models for comparison? He's huge for a Malifaux model.
>>
File: Lucius Crew Big.jpg (760KB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Crew Big.jpg
760KB, 4208x3120px
>>52557016
Right?
I was building Captain Dashel a little while back as was thinking he was pretty big for Malifaux.
The Emmissary is huge.
>>
File: Mei Feng.png (106KB, 292x345px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng.png
106KB, 292x345px
I have a tounrament coming up and I've just finished Mei.

How do I play Mei?

I basically have the box, Mech Porkchop and Metal Gamin.
Got a few Arcanist bits and pieces, and Oiran and Katanaka Snipers (that aren't table-ready yet).
>>
>>52559720
See if you can get the emissary for scrap, obsidian oni for more scrap, and Toshiro to use the scrap (Along with Komainu for him to summon). You could always get a low river monk to heal said summons up when they hit the table.

Generally I find her better for hold the center type schemes and strats. Vent steam and disrupt your opponent's models while Toshiro acts as another master more or less.
>>
File: Metal Gamin.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gamin.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
>>52560131
I've seen and heard that she's a brawler rather than a killer, so I guess take her a few inches past teh centreline and try and block the other crew's progress to the objectives?
While covering the rest of her crew and more directly supporting models with Vent Steam on the way up the board.

I have two of my Metal Gamin built and painted (not so inspired by the little lizard guy).
Are they worth bringing two of?
>>
>>52560459
There is no issue with that. Even after the errata they are solid choices that happen to be constructs that Mei Feng can hire. You will be infiltrating everything else you need already with room to spare.
>>
File: 30mm-Victorian.jpg (64KB, 300x532px) Image search: [Google]
30mm-Victorian.jpg
64KB, 300x532px
These new bases aren't looking bad. Not really impressed by the poster board terrain (Especially at that price) as per usual, but I think that the inserts are well conceived.
>>
>>52566080
Where is that from?
>>
File: 50mm-Sewer.jpg (311KB, 750x1329px) Image search: [Google]
50mm-Sewer.jpg
311KB, 750x1329px
>>52566170
Wyrd's releases page. I like how they have stuff going on, but aren't busy to the point where you can't place anything on them. They capture the spirit of the metal ones well. Only gripe is the variety really, as if you have more than one guy on a 50mm base in your crew the lack of variety will show up real quick.
>>
>>52566253
Oh, cool. I'm going to ned some of those sewer ones for my Iron Zombies.
Yeah the only thing stopping me grabbing that terrain is the price.
>>
File: Graveyard Base Inserts.jpg (172KB, 500x886px) Image search: [Google]
Graveyard Base Inserts.jpg
172KB, 500x886px
>>52566080
>>52566253
I can't decide whether £12 is decent or outragous for what you get.
I doubt I'll buy them anyway, because they are a bit busy, don't fit with my current basing schemes, and all seem a bit "evil" themed, but they look pretty good.

The important thing is that we have a date on Carlos.
>>
I have the Titania box and I'm wondering what I should expand into. Thinking something really hard hitting like a Teddy might do, but I'm wondering of other options that I might not be seeing,
>>
>>52567029
>The important thing is that we have a date on Carlos.
But still no witchling thrall date.
>>
>>52567172
Teddy, Doppelganger, Insidious Madness, Barbaros, Tots, Lilitu/Beckoners
>>
>>52557016
For a human-sized mini, sure, he's big. For a 50mm based centerpiece malifaux model? Not really. Most of the avatars were comparable height, and quite a few were substantially bulkier. Same goes for most of the Nightmare editions.
>>
>>52567172
Haven't played her yet, so not sure on specific synergies, but you're rarely sad to have a Teddy along. Pretty much any list can benefit from a few hugs.
>>
An advice on how to make Kaeris crew bases look like?
>>
>>52570967
Cracked rock over magma?
A bit simple, but advantageously easy to do.
>>
File: IMG_1802.jpg (319KB, 1428x1391px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1802.jpg
319KB, 1428x1391px
>>52570967
Just did this for a friend.
>>
File: Oiran 1.jpg (170KB, 1432x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran 1.jpg
170KB, 1432x1000px
>>52571851
I'd been led to believe that joins and mould lines rendered the transparent models hideous, but that looks pretty good.

I'm going to go with something a little similar for my Mei Feng crew - mostly it will just be flatt-ish coal field, but Mei and the Emberling will get a little bit of magma.

Mei's going to be doing her leap off a big metal forearm and fist punching up through the coal, with magma-filled cracks radiating out from it.
This also means I can dispense with the pre-packaged base scenery, which is a concept I've never been fond of.
I think the Emberling might just be rising right out of the ground, with less-impressive magma lines in the base.

Unfortunately I'll have to do my Oiran on planks to match my Colette Showgirl's theatre boards, but my clockwork/mechanical basing for Howard and Joss are already mismatched with the girls and rail crew, so Oiran not matching grubby labourers is not such a surprise.
>>
>>52572077
You paint over the joins and mold lines of course. The existence of transparent primers like Tamiya's helps.
>>
>>52571851
>>52571680
Gonna try, T Hanks.
>>
>>52535991
>>52572077
>dem Oirans

Awesome patterns. Is there a tutorial for those minis?
>>
File: Oiran 2.jpg (177KB, 1372x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran 2.jpg
177KB, 1372x1000px
>>52573321
A tutorial, sadly not, but I'm sure there's advice on freehanding Asian silks out there.

They are absolutely gorgeous though.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.