[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your strategy re: possession, /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1183.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1183.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
What's your strategy re: possession, /tg/?
>>
I don't do it as a GM during combat because it sucks to be the player that doesn't get to do anything. Hey you know why I play tabletop games? To have my character do nothing. If a GM has an NPC possess a PC, then it's basically like saying "you don't get to play today."

It's way better if it's some kind of subtle thing, or if I can take the player aside and work with them to get them to roleplay the possession.

Now, if the players walk into a situation where they get mind controlled or corrupted and it results in something akin to possession, that's fine, as long as it's temporary or fixable or something.
>>
>>52475592
>If a GM has an NPC possess a PC, then it's basically like saying "you don't get to play today."
Why not let them play the possessed character and go to town on the party?
>>
>>52475537
I make sure my target doesn't have any friends close by, is mentally incapacitated, and not prepared for it.
>>
>>52475607
If the player is OK with that, sure. A lot of players wouldn't be OK with it.
>>
>>52475607
There's the off-chance of them meta gaming.
Not to mention, that's still basically hardcore railroading, since you end up telling the character what they do.
>>
>>52475607
>Holding that much murderous rage towards a party
Are you the GM?
>>
>>52475537
Mindblank! Protection from Alignment! Throw a Dispel Magic at it!
Alternatively, Magic Jar! Dominate Person! Suggestion! Diplomacy check, I got a 129!

>>52475607
Some people do fine with this. Some groups do fine with this.
Some assholes will say "OK, time to stab the mage who took the wand I wanted six sessions back! I sunder his spellbook and slay his familiar! Then I piss in his waterskin!"
Some assholes will bear a grudge that "You fucking attacked me man I'm going to fucking kill your character for that I don't care if you were possessed."

>>52475641
Telling a player they're suffering from a different mindset due to hostile action and letting them decide what they'd do is about as far from railroading as a control effect gets.
>>
>>52475717
>Telling a player they're suffering from a different mindset due to hostile action and letting them decide what they'd do is about as far from railroading as a control effect gets.

What you're saying is ok, but that's not what possession means. Possession is usually "your character does x. You have no say in it. Roll to kill your friends."
>>
>>52475815
Well yeah, but "You're now trying to kill your friends. Have at it!" and "You're now trying to kill your friends. Gimme your sheet and dice." are two very different implementations.
>>
>>52475537

It's 9/10 of the law.
>>
File: 1437347961027.jpg (168KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1437347961027.jpg
168KB, 600x900px
>>52475537

Possession is 9/10ths of the law, so hit them with law books until the remaining 1/10th until they form a creature of perfect lawfulness.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.