[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know what the D&D show with Wesley Crusher is called?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 425
Thread images: 59

File: wil wheaton child molester.jpg (163KB, 1215x833px) Image search: [Google]
wil wheaton child molester.jpg
163KB, 1215x833px
Anyone know what the D&D show with Wesley Crusher is called?

Also, does it suck?
>>
>>52474983
>>52474983
>Wesley Crusher
Learn Shit.

>Also, does it suck?
Yes.
>>
>>52474983
You'd think using google would be faster than making a thread.

>does it suck?
Of course it does, what a stupid fucking question.
>>
File: wil wheaton is a faggot.jpg (427KB, 458x2458px) Image search: [Google]
wil wheaton is a faggot.jpg
427KB, 458x2458px
>>52474983
lmao
>>
>>52476827
I unfollowed him on Twitter so long ago and that image reminded me why
>>
>>52474983
He's appointed himself king of all things nerd on the grounds of his stellar career in Star Trek and his brief appearances on the nerd blackface show.

Now he white knights and acts as the male apologist on a youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHckKckhBYc

Also pic relate. He has a picture of himself as Jesus on the wall.
>>
>>52478797
why did you bump this
>>
>>52478801
Because I habitually use the catalogue rather than 1st page viewing and I had a number of tabs open at the same, had a brain fart moment and forgot where this was in the list.

Also It's a topic so very worthy of discussion and promises much intellectual stimulation in the manner of vid related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhrD5SVo3OU
>>
>>52478797
>Mansplain Star Wars
It goes in all categories, but I have never in my entire life heard someone use the word 'mansplain' in person. That sounds like someone saying a woman is hysteric in the old sense of the word to describe why she's angry.
>>
>>52476740
>You'd think using google would be faster than making a thread.
Why would you think that OP made this thread to learn the name of a web show?
>>
>>52478797
I made it 58 seconds
>>
>>52478797
I did enjoy his performance in Eureka though... Where he got cucked by the hapless dork of the series because the girl realized Wil Wheaton's character was a prick.
>>
>>52474983
for awhile he was on acquisitions incorporated I think.
>>
If I were a lady gamer, I'd have punched Wil in the throat after the 5th Clever Joke he made about Dracula & Mina Harker's past relationship during Fury of Dracula.

For an internet nice guy, Wil sure tends to go into That Guy territory a lot, especially when he's GMing or the bad guy in an asymmetric game.
>>
>>52474983
I thought he hanged himself after his scenes in Heart's War, were cut.

Now that I know he's alive, I don't know what to feel.
>>
>>52481098
Wil is the biggest That Guy I know of the tabletop video series industry.
>>
>>52481171
>I thought he hanged himself

Do you think we can get a petition going?
>>
Is there anything good about him? Is hatred for him an exaggeration on /tg/, or is he really >>52478797?

All I know is that he played a bad character in Star Trek.
>>
>>52474983
>Is there anything good about him? Is hatred for him an exaggeration on /tg/, or is he really >>52478797?
>
>All I know is that he played a bad character in Star Trek.
he's annoying and very mediocre at best
>>
>>52478797
>male apologist

That's not what apologist means.
>>
>>52478797
>nerd blackface show.
Please drink bleach.
>>
>>52484933
Tell me it isn't.
>>
>>52485679
It's not because that isn't a thing. You sound like a hypersensitive tumblrina. So what if you mean TBBT, right? is mindless trite garbage pushed by a lowly broadcast network? I treat it like the other 90% of TV shows I don't like and don't watch it. I don't dwell on it and hate anyone who ever dared appear on it.
>>
>>52481098
Unsurprising for a narcissist though
>>
>>52481098
I feel bad because his tabletop show got me into board games but now I can't stand watching them anymore. I don't know how I found them enjoyable
>>
>>52485834
I didn't think it was a thing until some cunt flap joined a game I was playing with some friends and literally acted like felicia day in that show. Roleplaying a character in a boardgame in order to make sub-optimal choices because "lel so funny and random"

Kill yourself.
>>
>>52486634
I'm confused as to how this means bitching about "nerd blackface" isn't a concept lifted wholesale straight up from the worst of tumblr. What, did they appropriate nerd culture? Is the show a microaggression?

You kys you're self.

So you played with a shitty person. Either tell them what they're doing is annoying or don't play with her, like emotionally secure people do.
>>
File: Terror Mission in Zimbabwe.jpg (196KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Terror Mission in Zimbabwe.jpg
196KB, 1280x1024px
>>52485834
Yeah I don't really care about the show either. It's garbage, but it's lame lolnerd jokes are probably the least offensive thing about it.

I'm kind of in the same boat with Wheaton, Day, and whatever livestreamed tabletop show or whatever. I know /tg/ has a knee-jerk reaction to that stuff because they think it encourages bad behaviors in normies trying to get into the scene but I've had zero experience with this. My players are as casual as you can get and I think I'm the only one there who knows who any of these people are.
>>
>>52486687
>Implying I didn't beat her to death with my TI3 box.
pleb pls
>>
>>52486785
I won't deny there are at least SOME unquantifiable amount of people who get into 'nerd' hobbies due to pop-geek-culture and, not knowing much about it, they make an ass of themselves or have badwrongfun with other nu-nerds or whatever /tg/ is panicking about this week.

I just think that's natural and not some kind of special or unusual circumstance. Go start a "what was your first character like" thread if you need a reminder that most elegan/tg/entlemen were at one point cringey, edgy, meme-spouting retards trying "D&D" for the first time.
>>
>>52476827
Wil Wheaton comes off as incredibly smug and it's annoying as hell, but you can be friends with and care about a woman without dating her.
>>
>>52487089
BLASPHEMER!
>>
>>52486929

There's a difference though. Our cringe stuff was abnormal and in the end it was corrected for, in no small part because we had good examples around us. However the more high-profile that the casuals and fake nerds are, the more people will think that's the norm, and there will be less corrective pressure. If it's allowed to continue unopposed then eventually the memeshits and edgelords and That Guys will be the majority, and decent players will be constantly derided with "lol @ autist, why can't you just have le fun like us?"
>>
>>52487234
If their behavior really is that game-wrecking and ultimately unfun they'll naturally either leave or stop.

If it isn't, then your real problem is you're one of those people whining that their fun isn't legitimate because it's not like your fun.
>>
>>52487234
There isn't any difference, most of that was immaturity, and everybody grows up eventually.
Besides, that shit never stopped appearing and will never stop happening.
>>
>>52487089
Yeah, if you're 9 or gay.
>>
File: 1414426110326.gif (4MB, 294x524px) Image search: [Google]
1414426110326.gif
4MB, 294x524px
>>52487234
>fake nerds
Oh boy, this'll be great.
>>
>>52478797
It must be kind of scary, to realise you've got an audience of SJWs and doing anything to piss them off will ruin you.

So you just have to keep pandering to them, for your own safety.
>>
>>52487290
>If their behavior really is that game-wrecking and ultimately unfun they'll naturally either leave or stop.

You cannot prove this assertion. In opposition to your optimistic claim stands every underground and mainstream subculture that got mainstreamed into worthlessness.

>If it isn't, then your real problem is you're one of those people whining that their fun isn't legitimate because it's not like your fun.

You can play the relativism card, but the instant you do you undermine your first argument. Your second argument also ends up nowhere, because now you become the guy whining that you're not enjoying the guy whining about something he doesn't enjoy.

I, of course, don't have that problem because I have standards.
>>
>>52476827
I was gonna ask why don't I ever hear about her contributions outside of her small group of friends, but then I remembered she's a woman and thus, naturally, all her contributions are automatically appropriated by the patriarchy.
>>
>>52487234
Have you ever considered that identity politics are annoying even when people who are ostensibly like us do it?

You're not the arbiter of nerd culture. You don't get to choose who is or isn't a legitimate nerd. That's fucking stupid. You are employing the EXACT same logic SJWs on Tumblr do when they whinge about "cultural appropriation" every time some white girl wears a kimono.
>>
>>52487399
I realize it doesn't seem like it to foreveralone virgins, but it's not healthy to feel the need to dick every woman. You can actually be around them without constantly adjusting your pants. You just have to be able to think about things other than sex. Which I admit is easier if you're getting some.
>>
>>52487454
I'm talking on a micro scale because I'm not a tribalistic insecure child who sees "nerd culture" as some kind of sekret club that's under attack.

I'm saying for all the "casuals" and "fake nerds" (why not just go full Holden and call them phonies?) their actions are either one of two things:
>Disruptive and ruinous to the flow and fun of a game
>Not disruptive and ruinous to the flow and fun of a game

If it's A, then they'll naturally either stop or leave because their actions are disrupting and ruining the game

If it's B, then the real problem is you.
>>
>>52487444
>So you just have to keep pandering to them, for your own safety.

This is basically how all SJWs are. To break step with orthodoxy is to invite ostracism: barred from their meetings, snubbed and abused on social media, derided as a fascist, and only allowed back in on the lowest rung after an abject, grovelling apology. The only direction for new arguments on the illiberal progressive left is to make ever more extravagant, confected claims about oppression. That's why we keep seeing crazier and crazier shit like curry being denounced as culturally-approriated cuisine, and openly disagreeing with someone in public being labelled as a microaggression.
>>
File: hipsterbait.jpg (109KB, 620x445px) Image search: [Google]
hipsterbait.jpg
109KB, 620x445px
>>52487454
>it got mainstreamed!
Are you literally saying that the worth of something is directly related to how popular it is?

If so, I suspect you're just a fucking hipster who's upset because "casuals" are enjoying your secret hobby.
>>
>>52487502
>flow and fun of a game

Wow, sure is lucky we've got that relativism to say this doesn't mean anything!

Seriously anon, you're all over the place here. You can't invoke things like 'fun' and 'flow' unless you're prepared to nail those things down as absolute, or at least objective, qualities.
>>
>>52487552
This is not that hard to figure out. I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you.
>>
>>52487477
>t. cuck

Sure, you can be friendly with a woman. I've worked in jobs where there's mostly women, I've even played in a group where I and the GM were the only dudes, and I knew more than a few women in my hobby circles. All without devolving into a grunting semen dispenser. But, on average, you'll never get a man and a woman to be similar friends as a woman and woman or man and man.
>>
>>52487542
>bike chain

To hit Nazis with...?
>>
>>52487583
To bling yer fixie with, I believe. Though recently various electric monowheels have been gaining in popularity.
>>
>>52487583
hipsters like fixed gear bikes
>>
File: 11framesizes.jpg (342KB, 552x632px) Image search: [Google]
11framesizes.jpg
342KB, 552x632px
Over on /k/, and at my local gun store, you hear a lot of derision towards younger shooters who got into guns because of video games. Much like /v/ you hear them denounced as Call of Duty kids. They bitch that video game kids don't appreciate guns the same way 'real' shooter sod, that they don't hunt or shoot in competitions.

I never really thought that made sense. To be honest, while maybe they want some dumb meme guns like an ACR because call of duty made it look cool, I'd still rather a new generation get into a sport and hobby I enjoy than be out there demanding "common sense" gun laws or some shit.
>>
File: Cute gobbo laughing.png (85KB, 526x604px) Image search: [Google]
Cute gobbo laughing.png
85KB, 526x604px
>>52474983
>Also, does it suck?
Yeah, it does. Pretty inoffensive though; just the usual stick of d-list celebs trying to present tabletop as hip while being political correct.

Got some decent business for my LGS though;
Lots of normies buying starter sets, then getting bored of it after two sessions and trying to return the stuff.

Ended up buying a hardly used 5th edition for ten bucks off a guy.
>>
>>52487632
Are they being a bunch of hipster douches who drop stupid gun memes and claim to be a king of guns?
>>
>>52487552
If I'm "all over the place" it's because I'm following your retarded logic. I have standards too, but I apply them to my own life, not everybody's. I don't really get the point of being mad that people I don't know or care about are playing a game in a way I wouldn't play it.

I'm attempting to decipher whatever ass-backwards logic you use to justify panicking about it.

Clearly, you think phonies enjoying things has a deleterious effect on your enjoyment of these things. The only reasons you seem to give as to why smell like bullshit hipster secret-club "I liked it before it was popular" nonsense.

Which is why everyone is making fun of you.
>>
>>52487568
Maybe it's different for me since I'm bi, since I've had to deal with (at least the potential for) attraction to men and women and kind of just get over it.
>>
>>52487632
Well, I'm a hunter and I don't really get people collecting guns because they're "cool".

Also, assuming you life in the US, no fucking shit you need some better gun laws.
>>
>>52487670
More like a bunch of vidya kids who drop absurd amounts of money on overpriced rifles because a popular FPS had it, leaving dumb gun owners to bitch about market inflation when a previously obscure rifle suddenly sells for thousands and leaving smart gun owners to continue to buy perfectly good or even outstanding firearms that don't sell well because they didn't get a product placement deal with Activision.
>>
>>52487698
But better gun laws aren't really an option for us.

Liberals get their panties in a twist over the stupidest fucking bullshit. They expend their time banning functionally identical guns because they're "military style" (read: "scary looking") or pursue retarded policies that don't work like arbitrary waiting periods which have never, ever, ever been proven to have a causal link to any kind of crime rate or suicide rate. Just the other day the Democrat governor of Virginia vetoed a bill that would've extended carry rights to domestic abuse victims who received a court protective order after a string of incidents where people were murdered while waiting for a permit to get approved - proving Democrats would literally protect domestic abusers if it means taking a petty pointless shot at gun owners. Last year Hillary ran on a platform of allowing people to sue gun manufacturers if their lawfully sold products are used in crime even without any negligence on the part of the manufacturer, much like how you can sue Ford if a drunk driver hits you.

Unfortunately the options in the United States are "Retarded gun laws" or "Permissive gun laws." I prefer the latter.
>>
>>52487565
>y-y-y-you're too stupid to understand my totally not nonsensical arguments

Transparent damage control.

>>52487676

No, you're all over the place because you can't make a coherent argument. You argue one moment that lolsorandumb, memeshit and That Guyism is all just another kind of fun, but then start yapping on with "flow and fun" as concrete qualities that your argument hinges on.

You are not a smart person, anon. You're just a blowhard, and it's why you're getting mad.

Still waiting on that definition of what counts as 'flow' and 'fun' btw, sweetie. Either you have one or you don't. If you do then your relativism argument collapses. If you don't then your optimistic claim collapses. Good luck with that.

>inb4 you pull your totally-not-conceding-gracelessly exit strategy

>>52487542

I'm saying that when things get mainstreamed they inevitably get dumbed down, or have anything controversial smoothed out, or both. It's thought-stifling shit.

If you're fine with that - and judging by your shitpost, you probably are, then all I can say is "Stay pleb, casual".
>>
>>52487698
I don't really get it either, much like I don't get giggling over spouting the same memes over and over again and calling it tabletop gaming.

Doesn't mean I try to stop anyone from doing it or bitch about it on /tg/ because some people do something I wouldn't do.
>>
>>52487698
>Also, assuming you life in the US, no fucking shit you need some better gun laws
Fuck no.
>>
>>52487767
Okay, let's take it slow and maybe you'll get it this time.

Fun being some kind of objective metric is what YOUR argument depends on. Otherwise, as more than one person has attempted to explain to you, you're bitching because other people are having fun you don't like, which makes you a worthless hipster.

So, assuming for the sake of this discussion that fun is some kind of objective and quantifiable metric even though that's patently retarded, it stands to reason that anyone doing actions that objectively reduce the fun of a hobby would naturally either leave or self-correct as a result of their own actions.

In which case, your bitching about it is retarded.
>>
>>52487698
>Also, assuming you life in the US, no fucking shit you need some better gun laws.
Kill yourself, commie.

our gun crime problem is pretty much 90% a drug law problem, not a gun law problem
>>
>>52487519
The best part is when these people are exiled and non- or anti-sjw types try to comfort them and explain how this is what happens to everyone that breaks lockstep, the exile is disgusted and horrified and wants nothing to do with the "gross, icky bad people"
>>
>>52487814
It's that episode of South Park all over again.
>>
>>52487698
Europoor here, US might have freedom bordering on irresponsibility but I'll happily take that over what our overlords are brewing. Hell, man had a court standing over a damn slingshot.
>>
>>52487810
>commie
Presumably communists would oppose strengthening the state (which protects the bourgeois monopoly over capital) relative to the proletariat by weakening the latter.
>>
>>52487689
>bi

Like I said...
>>
>>52487763
>Unfortunately the options in the United States are "Retarded gun laws" or "Permissive gun laws." I prefer the latter.
That's because your retarded black and white approach to absolutely every fucking thing under the sun.

And don't act like the fucking rethoric used by the Republicans or NRA is one iota better than the Democrat's.

If people somehow feel the need to own a fucking assault rifle, fine, but don't act like there isn't a fucking truckload worth of corpses because people who have no business owning a firearm because you can buy the things at fucking Walmart.
>>
>>52487848
>communists would oppose strengthening the state
>every communist regime is a dictatorial state running people's lives

Or is this one of those never tried theory-communisms?
>>
>>52487767
>I'm saying that when things get mainstreamed they inevitably get dumbed down, or have anything controversial smoothed out, or both. It's thought-stifling shit.
But they don't. Look, 90% of everything is shit. When something goes from obscure to popular, that 90% grows a lot more.

For an example, the Marvel movie series has been cursed as a disaster for comic and graphic novel fans. It's led to an explosion of lame, formulaic mass-market shit. But cutting out all the shit, in hard numerical terms, there have been more good and high quality graphic novels produced as a result of the explosion of interest, even if the ratio of good to shit is still 9:1.

Likewise, in RPGs, they've fained in popularity a lot recently and among with the "casual" shit has been a lot more interesting and experimental examples of RPG design. And I can always just not play with the "casuals."

Stay phony, Holden.
>>
>>52486634

Right, because you need a vagina to play an annoying character, and unless you're minimaxing you're playing the game wrong.

How does it feel to embody the most pathetic neckbeard stereotypes imaginable?
>>
>>52487868
There's a "truckload worth of corpses" because of reasons far more complex than that. Right here in the US there are plenty of heavily armed communities that do not produce corpses by the truckload, and cities like Chicago and Detroit that have very restrictive gun laws and yet do produce corpses by the truckload.

And a slong as the Republicans and the NRA don't want to disarm me because "no one NEEDS a scary looking assault weapon" I'll insist their rhetoric is, at least, one iota better than the Democrat's.
>>
File: C2rl6XfUsAEnyVR.jpg (51KB, 959x543px) Image search: [Google]
C2rl6XfUsAEnyVR.jpg
51KB, 959x543px
>>52487848
>communists oppose a strong state
>>
>>52487873
He means pre-control commies.
Revolutionaries.
>>
>>52487848
Marx supported gun ownership because he felt the working class would one day inevitably use guns to rise up and seize the means of production.

It doesn't quite work like that because Marx was retarded, but I see where you're getting that from.
>>
>>52487875
to add to your argument, as a die-hard transformers fan, the Bay movies are the bane of my existence. HOWEVER, the revenue they generated for hasbro led to great toy releases. Now I'm chillin with some sweet ass combiners that wouldn't have existed otherwise.
>>
>>52487698
>I don't really get people collecting guns because they're "cool".

Do you get people collecting cars, clocks, swords, etc.? Because how is that different? Is owning a lot of cars the mark that you're a no-good street racer just moments away from plowing into pedestrians? Is owning a ton of swords indicative that you're about to take back Jerusalem? Is owning tons of clocks the mark that you're about the break causality and do time-crime? So what's the implication with owning a lot of guns?
>>
>>52487908
Hmm, I just think it isn't a big deal either way
>>
>>52487415
>fake nerds

The word nerd originated as an insult attacking autistic people. If you weren't bullied as a kid you're not a nerd. If you appropriate the word nerd and you're not a nerd then you're being ableist for real.
>>
>>52487873
>>52487914
I'm not even arguing about communism in theory vs. Marxist-Leninist dictatorships (though to be fair, Lenin is the one who came up with the whole "we create equality by making the state INTO the bourgeoisie, and eternally putting off the whole "giving control to the workers" thing). I'm saying that communists wouldn't want to strengthen the CURRENT state.
>>
>>52487914
"True" communism (and the "True" is the same true as in "no true Scotsman") is anarchistic. On paper, in theory, communist governments were always intended to be a necessary middle step in order to force out the power of the bourgeoisie.

Yes, communism is retarded, but that is the idea, and you could thus argue communists oppose a strong state in the long run. The fact that that long run is impossible and can't actually happen is, well, again, communists are retarded.
>>
>>52487542
>If so, I suspect you're just a fucking hipster who's upset because "casuals" are enjoying your secret hobby
This right here is the crux of every "I hate normies/roasties" thread on /tg/. Neckbeard apologists who unironically think the hobby is better off when social retards dominate it are the worst.

>>52487767
>I'm saying that when things get mainstreamed they inevitably get dumbed down, or have anything controversial smoothed out, or both. It's thought-stifling shit.

This is a garbage opinion in general but it's doubly stupid in a hobby built entirely around players having full creative control. Some Forgotten Realms splatbook with a paragraph about how trannies are a-okay in games means jack diddly considering you as the GM can just veto that.
>>
>>52487932
Cars are for driving, and clocks are for telling time.
I grant you the sword comparison, since it is also a weapon for killing.
>>
>>52487868
>because it's black and has a larger magazine it's an assault rifle
>>
File: 1303976652763.jpg (20KB, 469x304px) Image search: [Google]
1303976652763.jpg
20KB, 469x304px
>>52487934
>>
File: Freud.jpg (636KB, 1412x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Freud.jpg
636KB, 1412x2000px
>>52487902
I didn't even think this was about a women until you brought it up. Got some repressed issues with the feminine sex you wanna bring up, anon?
>>
>>52487924
>Marx supported gun ownership because he felt the working class would one day inevitably use guns to rise up and seize the means of production.

Ironic that marx and jefferson were so ignorant about how masses of people with guns will behave.
>>
>>52487908
>and cities like Chicago and Detroit that have very restrictive gun laws and yet do produce corpses by the truckload.
And how many of those guns were legally purchased within these restrictive laws, as opposed to bought one state over?
>>
>>52487977
Eh, they were a pain in the ass to reload.
>>
>>52487902
Seems you have some insecurities my friend.
>>
File: 13043860586.png (53KB, 1225x569px) Image search: [Google]
13043860586.png
53KB, 1225x569px
>>52487963
I really don't expect non-americans to know what an assault rifle is and don't bother explaining it to them unless they ask. I know what they mean, they mean semi-automatic military-style rifles like AR15s and semiauto AKs, and they likely have heard the objection before but don't understand it or what the differenceis.
>>
>>52487974

>previous guy is specifically referring to women

>"WHOA - who made this about women?"

You have some reading comprehension problems I see? Or is it some other kind of brain damage?
>>
>>52487951
>"True" communism ... is anarchistic.
It is, first and foremost, utopistic.
>>
>>52487986
Most are stolen, obtained via criminal contacts, or purchased legally from friends/family/etc with a clean record. For all the democrat narratives on how chicago's failed gun control laws need to be applied to other states against those other states' will, they've never actually quite proven that there's an epidemic of guns being smuggled in from permissive states which causes gun crime in chicago (and yet, strangely, doesn't cause gun crime in these states where these guns are apparently overflowing from)
>>
>>52487908
Who was that politician (British, I think) who said that if you buy a gun, you've already made the decision to commit murder.

Where I live, under the law, I can only have a license for pepper spray for self-defence. I cannot get a license for a firearm for the purpose of protecting myself, even if I live in the shittiest, most crime ridden part of the country. I can't carry a firearm or even have it in my vehicle, unless it's in a carrying case and unloaded. When one dude got his house broken into by a group of people armed with at least a knife and a gun, and he grabbed a gun he owned to drive them off (don't think he even fired a shot, just made it clear to them that he was packing), he got charged with excessive use of force.
>>
>>52487994
Are you actually that retarded?
The rest of the world is more informed than you might think. Many counties have fucking conscription you arrogant yankee blowhard.
>>
>>52487996
>Being insane.
Woman were never mentioned in the initial post.
>>
File: 1485914092199.jpg (22KB, 311x306px) Image search: [Google]
1485914092199.jpg
22KB, 311x306px
>>52487974
The word cunt usually is taken as a derogatory reference to a female.
>>
>>52487996
maybe its a regional thing but the only thing that could possibly indicate sex in that reply was "cuntflap" which where I'm from is an insult used for men and women equally. So whose reading comprehension is damaged here?
>>
>>52488016

>cunt flap

>felicia day

Nope, no references to anything female whatsoever.
>>
>>52488024
>Implying men can't be cunt flaps or be associated with a certain persons behaviour because she's a WOMAN.
How sexist and presumptuous of you.

tsk
>>
>>52487962
But do you NEED a car or a clock? You can see the time on your cellphone or on your computer, and public transportation should take care of all your needs for getting from point A to point B. People die every year due to car accidents. Why would you want that happening to you and people you love?

Also, hunting.
>>
>>52488037

>Whoa guys repeatedly referring to women could mean ANY gender

That's adorable.
>>
>>52488013
I'm a southerner, not a yankee.

And if the person calling them assault rifles knew what an assault rifle was he'd doubtless not be calling them assault rifles. I assumed he was ignorant of the distinction because he either mis-used the phrase or he was referring to a VERY rare and tiny selection of legal assault rifles in the united states, all of which cost tens of thousands of dollars and are in the hands of upscale collectors and are more or less never used in crimes ever. Excepting police issued weapons, there are maybe two or three instances of legally owned assault rifles ever being used in crime in the united states in the past 30 years or so.
>>
File: post_in_case_of_pol.jpg (30KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
post_in_case_of_pol.jpg
30KB, 500x377px
>>
>>52488024
cunt is a gender neutral pronoun basically everywhere except a few regions of the US

The behavior that was described as being like Day wasn't at all feminine.

But please keep desperately trying to defend your misogyny as being acceptable and normal.
>>
>>52488047
Maybe you need to improve your mastery of the English language?

Might be a personal problem or victim complex you have going on there.
>>
>>52488072
>referring to a woman
>repeated references to women
>uses a derogatory term for female genitalia
>WHY WOULD YOU POSSIBLY ASSUME ANYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT WOMEN
nah, you're just being a disingenuous troll.
>>
>>52487932
>Cars
Honestly, I don't even get people buying sportcars they are never really going to make proper use off.
I got a job that pays pretty decently and I never had the inclination to buy anything more than VW Polo (big enough for the wife, kids and dog).

>swords
Well, I can the see the visual appeal and if someone into historical fencing, or just history in general, why not? Makes more sense to me than owning several cars at any rate.
>>
>>52488085
Take your blatant sexism elsewhere we don't tolerate that behavior on /tg/.
>>
>>52488077
>>52488072

It's hilarious watching you get so defensive.

You realize the alternative that all your insults just HAPPEN to be feminine even if you're talking about a guy isn't actually better, right?

So yeah, either way you're retarded.
>>
>>52488115

>Any reference to sexism is sexism

>The only thing that isn't "sexism" is hating women who exist as anything but a fucktoy.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>52488116
>Implying a man can't act like a woman.
Sexist pig.
>>
>>52488134
Using the word "sexist" is triggering to those of us who have experienced sexism and is, therefore, sexist.

Please take your sexist microaggressions out of /tg/.
>>
>>52488153
>>52488135

>Literally being this triggered

You need a way safer space than this buddy.
>>
>>52488167
Mentioning triggers is triggering to some people with triggers. Please to not trigger the triggered.
>>
>>52488009
>it cant be proven without a doubt, so we'll just keep going as it is.

Seriously?
You'd rather keep the status quo than relent on, let's say, some basic background checks an stricter rules for storage, so idiots don't leave loaded weapons within reach of their toddlers?
>>
>>52487698
Do you hunt because it's "cool" or do you live in the backwoods where you can't buy meat at the store? Dumb argument.
>>
>>52488167
>Sexist piglet.
Keep screaming out the window little guy.

You've been exposed for the pig you are.
>>
>>52488176
We already have "basic background checks" you fucking retard. Several states have "safe storage" laws and they're usually bullshit anyway. Less than 200 toddlers a year shoot themselves because their idiot parents left a gun out, and I don't see why the owners of the other 350,000,000 (that is to say, 99.99995% of legal guns in the US) of guns need to be mandated to keep our guns locked and unloaded safe from being used in the event of an emergency because of them.
>>
>>52487994
I was in the Marine Corps, I know what an assault rifle is. I've actually used one. They also have selective fire modes.

AR15 are no more dangerous than any other semi-automatic rifle and if you actually wanted to stop gun violence via target of weapons, you'd go after handguns, not the weapon that is used in a statistically irrelevant amount of injuries and deaths.
>>
File: (You).jpg (473KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
473KB, 1000x664px
Jesus, I know the announcement was to meet new friends, but could you bastards please fuck off my lawn and take your political argument to the colorful horse board?
>>
>>52488177
Mostly because it's a family tradition, it gets me outdoors and is a nice way to unwind.

I don't think anyone here (Germany) would connsider hunting "cool".
It's actually a lot of work beyond shooting things.
>>
>Exposed as a sexist pigman and now just wants everyone to leave.
Sad.
>>
>>52488176
What sort of basic background checks do you mean?

Because, as I'm SURE you're aware, gun stores and professional sellers already have to do a background check via the FBI. So I trust you don't mean FFL transfers. So you mean something in addition to the FBI background check, because I'm SURE you wouldn't ignorantly demand laws we, in fact, already have; so what ARE you asking for?
>>
>>52488222
>hurr durr someone doesn't like my definitely not traditional games argument
>must be my opponent in the argument
No, it is you that is the dumbass, dumbass.
Fuck off and take /pol/ with you.
>>
File: 4473.png (185KB, 1227x1168px) Image search: [Google]
4473.png
185KB, 1227x1168px
>>52488236
Oh, and before the "gun show loophole" myth gets brought up, guns sold or transferred at gun shows must follow the same rules as they do in stores, in the parking lot, and literally anywhere else.

The things we check for are stupid anyway.
>>
>Literally sexist.
>No you!
This is the face of misogyny.

Sad.
>>
>>52488267
At least have the gonads to reply to my post instead of being a passive-agressive pat-yourself-on-the-back coward.
>TRADITIONAL
>GAMES
>>
>Impyling I would reply to a vile sexist neckautist
Sad.
>>
>>52474983
>Anyone know what the D&D show with Wesley Crusher is called?
no

>Also, does it suck?
obviously
>>
>>52474983
Tabletop.

Also what's the story behind the child molester thing?
>>
>>52488198
Not him, but what annual amount of dead toddlers would be pushing the envelope for you?
>>
File: joe camel.png (1MB, 1128x686px) Image search: [Google]
joe camel.png
1MB, 1128x686px
How exactly does joe camel fit into Wesley's master plan?
>>
>>52487977
>about how masses of people with guns will behave.
If by that you mean "just sit around complaining about gun ownership rights, while occasionally (read: every day) some idiot shoots another idiot or some semi-suicidal depressed idiot shoots up a bunch of other idiots so they can suicide-by-cop." ?
>>
>>52488358
First come the boardgames.

Than they start pushing the smokes.
>>
>>52488344
More kids in the US die every year because of swimming than firearms.

Unless you're a lifeguard, you'd better make a better argument, commie.
>>
File: 1445712957380.png (180KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
1445712957380.png
180KB, 500x650px
>>52488344
I am not responsible for the actions of retarded parents nor should my rights or actions be restricted because of theirs.
>>
>>52488373
You realize "but what about that other thing" argument doesn't work past kindergarten, right?
>>
>>52488406
When you admit that you don't give a fuck about the children and want disarmament then I'll admit that I don't either and want pools in every yard.
>>
>>52488435
Not him but....

Teaching children to swim is an important survival skill. If they drown, that's natural selection doing its work.
>>
>>52488374
>>52488373
It bears explaining:

This cannot be reduced to a question of numbers. This is not an argument over degree. The fact that the amount of parents who are retarded enough to leave guns near toddlers is actually quite small relative to how many guns are out there not being left by toddlers is, to be honest, trivia.

By making it an argument of degree one implicitly cedes the premise that gun control is legitimate if the tragedy of mishandled firearms is frequent enough and instead defends it as a matter of frequency, which is bullshit.

Basically, questions like this >>52488344
are a loaded question. By asking horseshit disingenuous questions like this, you're demanding people cede the underlying assumption that "A tragedy happened, let's punish people who weren't in any way involved" is legitimate. When, in reality, the knee-jerk want to "DO SOMETHING!" is usually the WORST thing to do after a tragedy.

>>52488435
If a pool is correctly maintained and covered when not in use, a swimming pool uses less water than the same space would use if it were grass. Swimming pools in every yard would actually use less water than lawns.
>>
>>52488049
Holy uninformed, presumptuous autism.
>>
>>52488344
By that logic we should also ban water, small objects, any and all chemicals, pets and everything than anything that has ever caused the death of a baby. Or how many dead babies is acceptable amount to you?
>>
>>52488481
Do you care to explain what in that post is uninformed or presumptuous?
>>
>>52488460
So, teach children about guns. If they shoot themselves, that's natural selection doing its work.
>>
>>52488435
I don't want "disarment", I want some rules in place to maybe push that gun-crime rate below third world standards or somewhat impede the next suicial teen off an autmatic weapon for his school shooting.
>>
>>52480702
He was so goddamn annoying and obnoxious in his brief appearance. Goddamn.
>>
>>52488510
Children absolutely should be taught about guns and most especially if there are guns in the house. Of course, this can only come past a certain level of maturity.

>>52488515
But gun control laws have failed in the states where they have been tried. Indeed if you remove some large heavily gun controlled cities from the statistics America's gun crime problem is comparable to most European cities. America has a drug problem, a drug enforcement problem, a race problem, a poverty problem, and an education problem. All of which can be addressed without stomping on the rights of the other 99% of gun owners who do not go shoot people.
>>
>>52474983
The energy /tg/ wastes on this guy baffles me. If He entertains you watch.
If he doesn't don't.
If your an attention whore who is baffled that a washed up child star gets more veiws then your unwatchble twitch stream bitch about him on the internet I guess.
>>
>>52488485
Not banning, regulating.
If you take a look at, for example, medications, you'll find that most are designed in a way that toddlers won't be able to use them.
>>
>>52488515
>I want some rules in place to maybe push that gun-crime rate below third world standards

Stop taking guns from law-biding citizens. Stop protecting violent criminals. Crack down on drug cartels, rather than some faggot smoking a joint in his house.

>somewhat impede the next suicial teen off an autmatic weapon for his school shooting

Get rid of gun-free zones, which is where so many of these shootings happen. You don't often see nutjobs attacking police stations or military bases, now do you? It's always places where they can cause the most harm with least resistance.
>>
>>52488538
Richmond VA's murder rate would like to have a word with you. So would Miami's come to think of it.
>>
>>52488572
What regulations?

The only ones you've proposed already exist and haven't worked.

You or if not you someone else who coincidentally answered this mentioned "basic background checks," then got told for not realizing we already have that. They mentioned safe storage laws, but had no answer for why all the rest of us must keep our guns locked away and unloaded in the case of an emergency even if we don't have children. And even if we did, do you REALLY think a law will stop the kind of ignorant fucking moron who would leave a loaded gun in reach of a toddler? If the safety of their fucking child isn't a big enough warning, a vague law they probably won't even know exists won't help either.

I haven't heard any answers besides those two as to what regulations need to be in place. So stop being vague as fuck.
>>
>>52488607
>Miami
Holy fuck my sides
>>
File: the-texas-sharpshooter.png (248KB, 741x537px) Image search: [Google]
the-texas-sharpshooter.png
248KB, 741x537px
>>52488607
Miami's is due to all the fucking Haitians anyway
>>
>>52488583
>Stop protecting violent criminals.
So if how shitty prison is says anything about crime rate I supose Mexico or Turkey are the safest countries in the world?
>>
>>52488572
>regulating

Man, miniatures gonna be fun when they can't contain small or sharp pieces. I guess water taps have to have some shut-off valve that prevents you from pouring more than, say, a glass of water before a safety trips and you have to insert a PIN code to unlock it. No house can contain a vessel large enough to contain enough water that a baby could drown in. You have to make sure your yard won't have any puddles deep enough for a baby to drown. If you fail to uphold these regulations, your baby will be taken from you and you will face a minimum of 10 years in prison.

No dangerous chemicals. If you need to clean anything in the house that needs more than a wipe with a wet cloth, you can contact a unionized cleaning service to take care of it.

>most are designed in a way that toddlers won't be able to use them

I don't know many guns that are simple for a toddler to accidentally load, cock and shoot.
>>
>>52488644
They should be, guns are next to impossible for private citizens to own there.
>>
>>52488583
>Get rid of gun-free zones, which is where so many of these shootings happen. You don't often see nutjobs attacking police stations or military bases, now do you? It's always places where they can cause the most harm with least resistance.
>the answer to gun crime is more guns
Seriously?
>>
>>52488662
>It's coincidence mass shootings happen in gun free zones
>Guns cause crime, which is why mass shootings never take place at gun shows or NRA conventions
Seriously?
>>
>>52488583
Most military bases are, ironically, gun free zones with the obvious exception of the armory.

Which is why more than a few mass shootings actually have happened in military facilities.

Which is why the military has been loosening its pre-standing policy of requiring the base commander's approval to even possess a firearm (not even carrying it loaded) in a military base.
>>
>>52488682
>guns are easily accesible to criminal and unstable individuals
>clearly the solution is to have armed guards absolutely everywhere
>>
>>52487908
You, general you, however are one breakdown away from being a mass murderer.
Who are responsible gun owners when it's people owing guns?
And for non-army civilians to be able to own assault rifles is fucking ludicrous.
Also, why the fuck would you need assault rifles to go hunting or defend yourself?
>>
>>52488700
No, clearly the solution is to allow private citizens who are otherwise licensed to carry firearms to carry firearms.
>>
>>52488709
>Who are responsible gun owners when it's people owing guns?
The overwhelming majority?
>>
>>52488633
It's not Cherry picking. The mentioned cities are outliers to the OP's theory that gun control has something to do with murder rates. A theory that acounts for the outliers is that city's with high poverty have high murder rates. Gun control is ineffective, but actualy thinking guns prevent crime is just a NRA wetdream.
>>
>>52478797

how many "shut up wesely"s are there in the comment section?
>>
>>52488709
>I'm crazy as fuck so you must be too!

>You don't need something I shouldn't have so you shouldn't have it either!

Wow, marxists always go for the really salient points right away!
>>
>>52488719
Or maybe work toward a situation where the average citizen doesn't need to live i fear of being gunned down by some crazy?
>>
>>52488734
>Gun control is ineffective, but actualy thinking guns prevent crime is just a NRA wetdream.
Agreed. Both sides miss the mark. Gun control doesn't seem to seriously sway crime rates, one way the other.
>>
>>52488748
Armed citizens don't have to worry about being gunned down by some crazy, only the disarmed ones.
>>
>>52488644
>"protecting" = "nice Scandinavian style prisons"

How about actually catching criminals and putting them on trial, instead of protecting every suspect from getting arrested because they're not white? How about allowing cops to investigate gangs operating in the US without screaming "racial profiling!" How about doing something about illegal immigration other than pampering them?
>>
>>52488746
I know mine is.
Not nearly enough though.
>>
>>52478902

this phrase made it into the aussie parliament
>>
>>52488748
>the average citizen doesn't need to live i fear of being gunned down by some crazy?
If you don't shoot yourself and you're not involved in the drug trade, the likelihood of you being shot is almost nil.
>>
>ctrl+f "slave"
>no hits
You're slipping, /tg/. Wesley Crusher is famous for refusing to call slaves slaves in his Tabletop episode where they play some board game about djinn in mystical Arabia.
>>
>>52488709
The idea that mass shooters "just snap" is a retarded and long since discredited myth.

The overwhelming majority of gun owners, as in over 99%, are responsible gun owners who will never shoot anything but clay, paper, animals for pest control or hunting, and maybe the occasional mugger or rapist.

"fucking ludicrous" is your personal opinion. The fact that you think my AR-15 is somehow more dangerous than my Savage 10 is fucking ludicrous. The fact that you think semiautomatic sporting rifles are assault rifles is fucking ludicrous. The fact that you clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about is...you get the picture.

>why do you NEEEEED
Fuck yourself. Assault weapons, which are NOT the same thing as assault rifles - I know the terminology is confusing, gun control pushing fucks in Congress deliberately use the term to confuse people - are useful for the exact same reason the military uses "military style" weapons. They're light, reliable, easy to control, easy to use...

And it's not about need, you fucking retard.

>>52488748
The average citizen doesn't need to live in fear of being gunned down by some crazy. These are extreme outlier events. The overwhelming majority of gun violence in this country are gangland shootings and criminal-on-criminal violence. If you're not in a street gang and not selling crack, you really should put shooting death on the same level as shark attack and lightning strike and worry less about that guy with the carry permit and more about that double cheeseburger and diet coke and worry about that fucking retard driving on the road while texting. Those kill way, way, WAY more Americans per month than guns do per year.
>>
>>52488661
Turkey actually has very high gun ownership and the gun taxes and regerstration are really only enforced on ethnic minorites acording to some source I can't be assed to find again.
>>
>>52488761
Therefore, the obvious conclusion is that we should not have gun control. One side does nothing but respects the rights of over a hundred million gun owners. The other side does nothing but tramples on the rights of over a hundred million gun owners.
>>
>>52488730
They're all one mental breakdown away from being mass murderers.

>>52488747
Some really bizarre logic coming from your shit-infested walnut of a brain. What the fuck are you blathering about?
>>
>>52488766
I wasn't aware American guns turned you bulletproof.

>>52488761
>Gun control doesn't seem to seriously sway crime rates, one way the other.
Actually it does.
That's why most of Europe has a lot lower gun crime rate than the US.
>>
>>52488789
>If you're not in a street gang and not selling crack, you really should put shooting death on the same level as shark attack and lightning strike
I forgot suicides. You know two thirds of America's "gun violence" problem are suicides, right?

So if you're not in a street gang, not selling crack, and not suicidal, then...
>>
>>52488789
Why did you have to go full autist.
>>
>>52488816
see
>>52488789
>The idea that mass shooters "just snap" is a retarded and long since discredited myth.
>>
File: autistic screeching.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
autistic screeching.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>52488816
>marxist immediately starts with the pic related

Wow people of color me surprised, guess you really are an insane fuck who's projecting your insanity on everyone else.
>>
>>52488786

sauce?

why are Americans so prissy?
>>
>>52488816
>They're all one mental breakdown away from being mass murderers.
That's not how mental illness works.

>>52488817
>Actually it does.
>That's why most of Europe has a lot lower gun crime rate than the US.
Honduras has an incredibly high amount of gun control and an incredibly high amount of murders. Switzerland has an incredibly low amount of gun control and an incredibly low amount of murders. Murder is more affected by almost everything else than gun control.
>>
>>52488748
Ok, anon, get a big sign that says "this house is unarmed" and put it in front of your house or on your door. Get a t-shirt that says "I am unarmed." Wear it everyday when in public. Lets see what happens.
>>
>>52488817
Yes, that seems scientific., As we all know, there are no other differences between any European country and the USA. There are no differences in, say, poverty levels, law enforcement, education rate, racial and ethnic diversity, etc. Therefore, because they do not differ in these other factors, it's appropriate and informative to compare them in this manner.

Far more appropriate than, say, comparing different US states, which as I'm sure you know, can have wildly different gun laws.
>>
>>52488709
>You, general you, however are one breakdown away from being a mass murderer.
Bullshit. [Citation needed]
>Who are responsible gun owners when it's people owing guns?
Themselves
>And for non-army civilians to be able to own assault rifles is fucking ludicrous.
No it is not.
>Also, why the fuck would you need assault rifles to go hunting or defend yourself?
There are a billion videos on youtube and liveleak of mobs of black """youths""" robbing stores, left-wing Antifa mobs attacking people, and Black Lives Matter rioters destroying everything in sight. A 15+1 9mm isn't going to save your life in those situations.
Also
>need
What we need assault rifles for is to protect ourselves from the government. No one who understands the Second Amendment's purpose wants to get rid of it. Only retards who don't know how governments will abuse their citizens, or evil people who will be in those governments, want to restrict the second Amendment.
>>
>>52488767
What country do you live in? We actually an nearly an entire precantage point of the US population locked up, 1/110 adults. most of the people you mention being let go are let go because they were busted for pot and we need that jail cell for someone violent.
>>
>>52488857
>sauce?
jesus christ you fucking moron
>>52488786
>in his Tabletop episode where they play some board game about djinn in mystical Arabia.

Why are non americans so bad at reading?
>>
File: 1442934168323.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1442934168323.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>52488835
>Wow people of color me surprised
That's bretty good brah.
>>
>>52488857
I gave you the sauce, it's the tabletop episode about mystical arabia, you can find it yourself.
>>
File: clip (2014-05-30 at 03.01.30).png (47KB, 734x316px) Image search: [Google]
clip (2014-05-30 at 03.01.30).png
47KB, 734x316px
>>52488835
Yes, they REALLY do believe gun owners will just snap and go on a rampage out of the blue for no good reason.
>>
>>52488817
>>Gun control doesn't seem to seriously sway crime rates, one way the other.
>Actually it does.
You're a fucking retard. What you said did not counter what he said. Read closely, dipshit. Lower gun crimes does not mean crime rates. Obviously with fewer guns you will have fewer gun crimes. Intelligent people - unlike yourself, you fucking Marxist - would ask how gun control affects other crimes. Guess what, murder rates either stay the same or go up in gun controlled areas. Robberies go up, knife crime goes way the fuck up and Australia and Britain are classic examples.
>>
>>52488789
No, you dithering excreted shitstain, it's people having ready access to guns who can snap and sometimes easily. Your making excuses on their behalf just goes to show how fucking selfish you fucking are and how little care for life you fucking have.

Does the ar15 fire high caliber rounds at high speed?
Semi assault weapons or assault weapons in use for hunting or self defense and not used as military gear is fucking ludicrous and you are severely brain damaged if you think otherwise.
>>
>>52488817

What about grenade crime?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grenade_attacks_in_Sweden
>>
>>52488882

I don't magically know in his archive of episodes where he has a hangup about a phrase, sorry mate.

I just haven't the dedication you surely do to this sort of thing.
>>
>>52488916
>Does the ar15 fire high caliber rounds at high speed?
No, .223 is not a high caliber round. You're just having fun with words that you don't even know, now.
>>
>>52488916
No, you fucking retard. .223 is a very low caliber for a rifle.
>>
>>52488806
Agreed, gun control is useless trampling of rights, but so is most of the tough on crime bulshit the conservitives come up with. The only thing that reduces crime is having less poor and desperate people.
>>
>>52488916
>Your making excuses on their behalf just goes to show how fucking selfish you fucking are
Making excuses for other people is selfish? You've lost it, dumbass.
No, it doesn't.
>Semi assault weapons
"Assault weapons" already isn't a term, now you've just invented a new nonsensical term.
>>
>>52488925
>I don't magically know in his archive of episodes where he has a hangup about a phrase, sorry mate.
HE SAID WHICH EPISODE

Do you really want us to go search Youtube for it for you because you're too fucking stupid to google it for yourself? It's a web series. Tabletop is on Youtube. Look for it yourself.
>>
File: 127421351114.jpg (116KB, 364x405px) Image search: [Google]
127421351114.jpg
116KB, 364x405px
>>52488916
>does the ar15 fire high caliber rounds
>semi assault weapons

Are you literally just stringing buzzwords together?
>>
>>52488834
That's fucking bullshit and you know it, just because you want to push it doesn't make it any more true.

>>52488835
Whatever helps you sleep better at night, oh brain damaged one. Clutch that weapon close to your chest and keep crying you shitfisting tard. It's the only company you'll have in a long long time.
>>
>>52488344
We've accepted that with more guns will ultimately come more shootings, much like you Europoors have accepted that importing more Muslims will result in more rapes.
>>
>>52488889

nothing in your post led me to believe you were providing the name of the game, it just appeared as if you were describing it
>>
>>52488945
>The only thing that reduces crime is having less poor and desperate people.
I don't know why you say things you know aren't true. Race ties in closer to crime than poverty does.
>>
>>52488897
The golden rule of leftism is that they are the most honest people you will ever meet if you remember that they project who they really are onto their enemies.
>>
>>52488816
>They're all one mental breakdown away from being mass murderers.
All human beings are, and recent events show all anyone needs to comit mass murder is a motor vehicle.
>>
>>52488945
>The only thing that reduces crime is having less poor and desperate people.
And less dindus.
>>
>>52488863
That's how the build up of stress works, you fucking scientologist.>>52488869
>>
>>52488982
I can't find it but I remember a pic of a blog post of a leftist taking a photo of a plainclothes cop's holster in line at some coffee shop and rambling about how she could snatch it and kill everyone ban guns now.

Because sane people think of snatching firearms and shooting people out of the blue.
>>
>>52488945
Which is precisely why we can never, ever allow marxism to flourish anywhere on the planet ever again.
>>
>>52488979
If you had two brain cells to rub together you might realize the board game's name and the thumbnail image for the episode would show you the one. Even googling will wheaton slaves would probably bring it up.
So no you little baby, find the source yourself.
>>
>>52488876
I already said that stop locking up petty crimes like pot smoking and concentrate on gangs and drug cartels. And also stop having sanctuary cities defy the law and protect gang members and illegals from deportation.
>>
>>52488991
>That's how the build up of stress works
If that was really a serious issue, work place shootings would be the norm. Every job I've had, someone has gotten super stressed and blown up? You know what they've done? Yelled and screamed, maybe someone got hit(in exactly one situation). People don't just snap one day and start murdering.
>>
>>52489012

No need to be so emotional about it, you screech at the simplest thing.

Does your mother know you're on this late?
>>
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/threat-management/201003/the-pentagon-shooting-they-don-t-just-snap

>anyone can just snap!
This is in defiance of all known science of psychology and mental illness. People do not "just snap."
>>
>>52488869
So you're about muh freedom and muh rights than any cause for concern for human life, duly noted.

>>52488934
>>52488936
>>52488948
>>52488969
All I hear is the yelping of dogs.
>>
>>52488864
...But no one is ever unarmed, you can kill a dude with nearly anything.
>>
File: literally facebook.jpg (184KB, 1073x744px) Image search: [Google]
literally facebook.jpg
184KB, 1073x744px
>>52488986
>members of a world wide death cult who believe that the one true path to paradise is to die engaged in holy war have been killing people by ramming vehicles into crowds

>oh I guess people are just prone to go crazy nothing we can do about it I guess
>>
>>52488986
>leftists freak out about guns when virtually every citizen has access to a 3000-lbs mass of metal and plastic that can move at 60 MPH
>leftists freak out about guns when cars injure more Americans than guns every year, and kill more Americans than guns every year
>>
>>52489035
>Said something retarded
>Get called a retard

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
>>52489026
But it happened with frequency in the states. Workplace shootings. Mass shootings in schools continue to happen.
>>
>>52489035
>So you're about muh freedom and muh rights than any cause for concern for human life, duly noted.

>implying freedom and rights are not concern for human life
>>
>>52488817
>ctually it does.
Actualy it's pritty much socialism that does that.
>>
>>52489042
Cars injure or kill more Americans per MONTH than guns do per year.

This is of course ignoring the semantic, yet important mindset that neither guns nor cars kill people except in the case of non-user-fault mechanical failure.
>>
>>52489050
Yeah, it happens maybe once every couple of years and makes international news. People get stressed and blow up every single day.
>>
>>52489050
They're exceptional outlier events.

Again, the overwhelming majority of gun violence in hte states is gang and crime related.
>>
>>52489050
>with frequency
No it doesn't. Go ahead and define "with frequency", attach some number to it, and you'll realize you're wrong.
And when you realize such shootings do happen more often than they did 30-40 years ago, even though the number of people with guns is about the same now as it was then, you'll realize guns aren't the problem.
>>
>>52489062

>americans can't drive
>americans are constantly shooting into the air

Bless this mess :')
>>
>>52489087
>the overwhelming majority of gun violence in hte states is gang and crime related.
It's actually suicide. 2/3rds of all gun deaths in American are self-inflicted.
>>
Remember any time someone mentions 30,000 gun deaths per year, about 20,000 of those deaths are suicides.
Someone using "gun deaths" to advocate for gun control is deceiving you by counting suicides in with gang violence.
>>
>>52489050
>terrorist attacks happen constantly worldwide
>STOP BLAMING ISLAM YOU HAVE ZERO CHANCE OF BEING KILLED BY A TERRORIST YOU FUCKING RACIST SHIT

>mass shootings happen super rarely
>SEE WE NEED TO BAN ALL GUNS BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPER DANGEROUS

Which is it?
>>
>>52488934
>>52488934
>>52488936
>>52488948
>>52488969
>>52489045
Then gun-toting freaks, explain your brain damaged selves about the difference in terms.
So there's assault weapons and assault rifles, and there's differences between them. But there's semiassault rifles but there's no semiassault weapons.
>>
>>52489103
>>52489110
No, that's gun deaths. Suicide is not counted in gun violence.

Gun deaths =/= gun violence

I'm going to say that again because it's important

Gun deaths =/= gun violence
>>
File: 13430870586.png (38KB, 1228x277px) Image search: [Google]
13430870586.png
38KB, 1228x277px
>>52489035
But my support for gun rights is in fact borne out of my concern for human life. I believe that the right to effective self-defense is the natural right of all free people. In what sense is life valuable if it cannot be protected from aggression
in an effective manner?

>>52489103
Are suicides really "gun violence" though, if you're not a full of shit leftist?

>>52489110
>Someone using "gun deaths" to advocate for gun control is deceiving you by counting suicides in with gang violence.
They count suicides and gangland shootings but talk about school shootings, as if to imply the majority or all of these shootings are mass shootings when in fact they are exceptionally rare.
>>
>>52488980
>Race ties in closer to crime than poverty does.
Your right of course, if the crime was profoundly stupid you can rest asured it was commited by a white guy on meth. Source: I lived in Missouri
>>
>>52489035
>I don't actually know what I'm talking about, so I'm going to say you guys don't make sense.
Maybe educate yourself on the topic BEFORE engaging next time, friend.
>>
>>52489118
>So there's assault weapons
No there isn't. There are assault rifles - which is a very clearly defined term - and there are such a thing as semi-automatic actions in guns, but there's no such thing as an "assault weapon"
>>
>>52489123
>>52489129
I'd still consider them gun violence, but I always make the distinction and insure to clearly state how the vast majority are suicides when I bring it up.
>>
>>52489113
Who was claiming this? Why do you need to clutch on that to make your point?
What the fuck, are you literally a brain damaged tard. Smashing your keyboard isn't the means to make a coherent argument.
>>
>>52489130
Like that guy who broke into a convenience store and humped the counter while threatening the clerk with a knife? Meth's some fucked up shit man
>>
>>52489152
>uh-uh, I'm getting blown out, better latch onto a tangent point and ignore how my asshole is being torn open
>>
File: 1359237809181.jpg (60KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
1359237809181.jpg
60KB, 960x643px
>>52489118
An assault rifle is a SELECT FIRE intermediate caliber rifle, such as the M-16 or AK-47. They are EXCEPTIONALLY rare in private hands because they cost tens of thousands of dollars and require ATF approval. Legal assault rifles are almost never used in crime.

Assault WEAPONS are a bullshit misleading term used by anti-gun politicians to confuse people like you into thinking they're assault rifles. By the way, "AR" as in AR-15 stands for "Armalite Rifle." The laws that define assault weapons are usually based on the now-defunct 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, which defined them based on arbitrary criteria that did not affect a weapon's deadliness such as having a pistol grip, barrel shroud, et cetera. This law was widely criticized by both left and right for being, frankly, fucking useless. Pic related.

"Semiassault rifle" isn't a thing. Nor is "Semiassault weapon."

You may be thinking "semiautomatic" rifle, which may LOOK like an automatic rifle but only fires once per pull of the trigger.
>>
>>52489145
>I'd still consider them gun violence,
Translation:
>I prefer to be wrong instead of right

It makes no sense to lump suicides in with gun violence. Wanting to reduce gun violence is separate from wanting to reduce suicides. Gun violence is one person inflicting violence upon another. You do not inflict violence upon yourself.

The "vast majority" of gun DEATHS are suicides. The "vast majority" of gun VIOLENCE is gang-related.
>>
>>52489152
>Who was claiming this?
The political left for the last 15 years. Look at what democrats in the US and progressives worldwide want. It's exactly this.
>>
>>52489152
>still can't make an argument without autistic screeching
Marxists, everyone. Where politics and religion combine to efficiently self-destruct.
>>
>>52489042
>>leftists freak out about guns when cars injure more Americans than guns every year, and kill more Americans than guns every year
And conservitives freek out about Muslems when Cars kill more Americans every year. Honestly the gulf war money should have been spent on highway safety and self driving cars. We should have anounced the campain the day after 9/11. Leave those fuckers crying that we arn't even going to pay attention to them.
>>
>>52489181
That is a complete semantic argument. Violence against self is still violence and it should be talked about, but I agree that gun control advocates tend to conflate the two.
>>
>>52489174
By the way, select fire means that it can be "selected" between more than one firing mode, such as selecting between full auto and single shot.

In the US, legally speaking, any gun that fires more than one bullet per pull of the trigger is considered a machine gun. These are not actually illegal, but many people think so, but they cost tens of thousands and require approval by the federal government, meaning really only upscale collectors actually can potentially have one. Criminals, on the other hand, can get automatic weapons because get this, criminals don't follow the law.
>>
>>52489084
>>52489087
>>52489093
It shouldn't happen to begin with, and I'm pretty sure there was a year when school shootings happened to have occurred in more than one month.
Gang and crime ridden gun violence also shouldn't be occurring at all. Fuck them all up and let them rot, hanging.
Mass shootings, from whatever demographic be it crime or whathaveyou, is already an aberration. Fuck them.

Guess what the Australians did when there was a mass shooting, they banned all assault weapons and there hasn't been one since.
>>
>>52489203
I especially like how he literally can't go one post without insults. It's not the tone that I'm responding to - this is 4chan after all - but more that I really get the sense he is genuinely mad people are calling him out on his obvious lack of understanding on the topic.

>does the AR15 shoot high caliber rounds?
>Semiassault weapons
>Non-army civilians, as opposed to army civilians apparently
>People just snap and become murderers
>>
>>52489212
>That is a complete semantic argument.
Yes, the left tries to conflate the two. That's why they are wrong. And yet you want to be wrong instead of right.

>Violence against self is still violence
No, it isn't. Gun suicides are not gun violence. It's like you're trying to say 5+5=12. It's not what statisticians, the NRA, nor the FBI mean when they say gun violence.
>and it should be talked about
Literally no one said they shouldn't be.
>>
>>52489232
>muh australia has no shootings myth
Wow, did you even try googling what your gender studies teacher told you to think before repeating it?
>>
>>52489232
>Guess what the Australians did when there was a mass shooting, they banned all assault weapons and there hasn't been one since.
No, they just killed some previously law abiding Australians and their assault, robbery, and burglary rate went up. Then of course there was a mass shooting when they dude shoot 3 people by a police station last year.
>>
>>52489232
>Guess what the Australians did when there was a mass shooting, they banned all assault weapons and there hasn't been one since.
Holy shit you are a retard. Australia did not ban "assault weapons" and there certainly have been both mass shootings and mass non-gun killings since.
>>
>>52489174
Wasn't there something that a 10 round .45 automatic was legal but a 12 round .22 revolver was illegal, because high-capacity assault clipazine?
>>
>>52489232
You mean Port Arthur, right? You're saying there hasn't been a single mass shooting since then? Not one? Not even a single example of a mass shooting since Port Arthur?

I'm wanting to be clear, just wanting to make sure you're not using hyperbole to mean something like "there haven't been very many" or something.

You mean there have actually been zero since then, right?
>>
>>52489157
Word.
>>
>>52489131
>>52489139
Then why the fuck was someone saying assault weapons and assault rifles were different?
Maybe less muh second amendment, no one cares about your stupid shit.
>>
>>52489248
Calm down nigger, we're on the same side. I'm going to keep calling it gun violence because it still fucking is. And there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it.
>>
File: 1363640969830.jpg (233KB, 1600x1246px) Image search: [Google]
1363640969830.jpg
233KB, 1600x1246px
>>52489264
Yep.
>>
File: John Cusack havin' a giggle.gif (2MB, 332x215px) Image search: [Google]
John Cusack havin' a giggle.gif
2MB, 332x215px
>>52489271
>Then why the fuck was someone saying assault weapons and assault rifles were different?
Because they are? Holy shit, you really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? I am literally laughing over here.
>>
>>52489152
>Who was claiming this?

Well, the mayor of London has said that terrorism is just part of living in a big city and people just need to deal with it.
>>
>>52489272
>I'm going to keep being wrong and YOU CAN'T STOP ME
lol, okay kid
You are on the left's side, not the correct side.
>>
>>52489271
>Then why the fuck was someone saying assault weapons and assault rifles were different?
see >>52489174

>I don't care
Right, that's why you've been arguing about this for like an hour or two now.
>>
>>52489300
>lol semantics

>>52489295
Good lord this is hilarious, and they kept pushing it even after Virginia Tech.
>>
>>52489264
HIGH
VELOCITY
ASSAULT
CLIPS
Dianne Feinstein
Michael Bloomberg
Elizabeth Warren

>>52489271
>someone
Ooooohh someone said something
why was someone wrong about something
>>
>>52489173
Hahaha, you should be a comedian. Everything you say is funny. But we're laughing at you. Calm your moobs, no one wants to see your fat lard ass when it jiggles when you scream incoherently in impotent rage.

>52489203
You're the one doing the autistic screeching with the comparison. Calm your moobs, no one wants to see your fat lard ass when it jiggles when you scream incoherently in impotent rage.
>>
File: 1365300060880.jpg (389KB, 1189x803px) Image search: [Google]
1365300060880.jpg
389KB, 1189x803px
>>52489318
Don't forget shoulder things that go up.
>>
>>52489338
>being so mad you have to lean on canned responses you've saved up

Where on this image are you at right now senpai?
>>
>>52489251
>>52489255
>>52489261
>>52489269
Please do inform of when there was another mass shooting in Australia.
>>
>>52489342
>ounce
>liter

What magical place is this?
>>
File: 1358175931218.png (2MB, 2000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1358175931218.png
2MB, 2000x1200px
>>52489174
>assault weapons bans can literally end up banning one gun and allowing the EXACT SAME GUN with different furniture
>>
>>52489355
Lololol, whatever helps you to sleep better at night ;).
>>
File: dorn no.jpg (481KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dorn no.jpg
481KB, 1920x1080px
>>52488210
>>
File: 1324896081854.jpg (138KB, 550x524px) Image search: [Google]
1324896081854.jpg
138KB, 550x524px
>>52489358
Monash University, 2002.
>>
>>52489358
>2015 Parametta
>2014 Logan
>2011 Hectorville
>>
>>52489358
>not googling what your gender studies teacher told you to believe before you start repeating it
Marxism, everybody.
>>
>>52489364
Two-liters are a standard soda container in the US.

IIRC, it stuck around from a failed attempt to introduce metric.
>>
>>52489369
Gamers take note the Mini-14 is an inoffensive looking rifle you can put a 30 round magazine in when the Zombies come.
>>
File: 0386224.jpg (28KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
0386224.jpg
28KB, 600x399px
>>52489358
You said, and I quote
>>52489232
>they banned all assault weapons and there hasn't been one since.

Not "the number of shootings reduced," not "they aren't as common as the US," but "there hasn't been one since."

So therefore even ONE example of a mass shooting in Australia after 1996 would prove you wrong. Correct?

You've had four examples as of this post.

I eagerly await to see whether you will do the adult and mature thing and admit that, in your zeal to smear American gun rights, you repeated a narrative that is not actually true.

It's spelled like this: "I'm sorry. I was wrong."
>>
File: 1358816215231.jpg (442KB, 710x739px) Image search: [Google]
1358816215231.jpg
442KB, 710x739px
>>52489430
>>
>>52489383
>>52489395
>>52489398
Where they with assault rifles or handguns?
If they were with only handguns, your points are blown the fuck out because the point if you any of could read is that no mass shootings with assault rifles has happened since.

>>52489398
Did a Marxist kill your entire family or something?
>>
>>52489358
2002, 2011, 2014, 2014, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2016.

Then there's also stabbings and assaults with blunt weapons that have left several people dead.
>>
>>52474983
Faggot the Gathering
>>
>>52489450
They killed members of a hundred million families.
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29KB, 300x240px
>>52489450
>>
>>52489450
>he still can't stop screeching no matter how hard he tries

Marxism, everybody. 90% religion, 10% politics.
>>
File: good-goyim.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
good-goyim.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>>52489399
Slow and steady, America, slow and steady. We'll get you over to the metric system on day.
>>
File: 1361284071827.png (146KB, 396x335px) Image search: [Google]
1361284071827.png
146KB, 396x335px
>>52489450
>Did a Marxist kill your entire family or something?
Actually yes. Well okay, not the ENTIRE family, just 90% of it. It's why the survivors fled the United States in the 50s.
>>
>>52489398
>Marxism
Marxism
[mahrk-siz-uh m]
noun
the system of economic and political thought developed by Karl Marx, along with Friedrich Engels, especially the doctrine that the state throughout history has been a device for the exploitation of the masses by a dominant class, that class struggle has been the main agency of historical change, and that the capitalist system, containing from the first the seeds of its own decay, will inevitably, after the period of the dictatorship of the proletariat, be superseded by a socialist order and a classless society.

I fail to see what that has to do with your post even though I agree that the person you are arguing with is also a flaming moron.
>>
>>52489450
>see, banning "assault weapons" prevented ALL mass shootings from happening
>no, those ones don't count, they weren't done by the specific weapon I was talking about, so those people aren't actually dead
>>
>>52489491
Probably a reference to cultural Marxism.
>>
>>52489486
The metric system is good for actual measurement, but the English system is better for prose.
>>
>>52489445
Yep, and they sell them at Walmart, their is litteraly no reason your GM can tell you your murder hobo can't have one.
>>
>>52489450
BULL FUCKING SHIT.

Did you REALLY think that would fly?

>Guess what the Australians did when there was a mass shooting, they banned all assault weapons and there hasn't been one since
"One" in this sentence could refer either to "assault weapons" or to "a mass shooting." But English grammar does not allow it to refer to both simultaneously because they are two different clauses.

You could be saying that there has never been an assault weapon in Australia after the gun confiscations. More likely, you seem to be saying there haven't been any mass shootings. But you are, most definitely, NOT saying in that post, that all of Australia's mass shootings have been carried out with handguns or non-assault-weapon rifles and shotguns.

And if you DID mean that, then aren't you ceding that banning assault weapons did not stop mass shootings, it just drove mass shooters to use other firearms instead? Isn't that sabotaging your own point? Therefore, grammar aside, a simple glance at the context will demonstrate that you are full of shit and attempted to move the goalposts when your incorrect narrative was BTFO'd.

I'm still waiting for my apology. Faggot.
>>
File: 1481827031742.gif (826KB, 328x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481827031742.gif
826KB, 328x366px
>>52489450
>>
>>52489485
Again, he's not advicating for the seizure of the means of production by the workers, I don't think Marxism is his flavor of dumbassery.
>>
File: 135829579184.jpg (167KB, 1001x765px) Image search: [Google]
135829579184.jpg
167KB, 1001x765px
>Americans lose their shit the instant someone asks them why they need assault rifles to hunt

If you think pic related is even remotely unreasonable or ignorant you are blinded by NRA propaganda.
>>
File: yous for the you throne.jpg (100KB, 514x479px) Image search: [Google]
yous for the you throne.jpg
100KB, 514x479px
>>52489571
>>
>>52489532
>English system

Imperial.

Also, metric has its merits in everyday life. I remember a funny message someone wrote in a bathroom stall once, which roughly translates to "Better a cent(imeter) on your bank account than a millimeter (actual word can also be used for 'a million') in your pants."
>>
>>52489600
>Also, metric has its merits in everyday life.
Oh I agree. I was in the military and we use it there, for the most part. Though qualifying ranges are still in yards.
>>
>>52489566
Ask "him" then. He's a marxist. Might be a "socialist" but he's a marxist. It's just as obvious as when you're talking to any other cultist.

He might as well be talking about the patriarchy.
>>
>>52489571
>I hunt, but without killing

It's weird that people hunting with bows aren't demanded to use old timey wooden longbows instead of their high-tech scary black bows.
>>
>>52489571
You have to be trolling, the bottom gun has several grand in accessories, no one is paying that much just to kill a man, it's for showing off to your buddies at the range.
>>
>>52489621
>patriarchy
Um, you know actual Marxist where pritty fucking sexist right?
>>
>>52489453
>>52489470
>>52489476
>>52489485
>>52489490
>>52489491
>>52489498
>>52489548
>>52489563
Still the shrill autistic impotently raging screeching continues unabated. Your points all got btfo'd with that clarification.
Your apology, is if you somehow felt the touch of a woman that isn't your mother, is that I'm sorry to the poor girl. Likewise if you actually have any friends at all, not imaginary friends but actual friends, I'm sorry they're your friends.
>>
>>52489640
Almost like assault weapons are almost never used in gun crime and 99% of criminal shootings are carried out with cheap handguns and shotguns.
>>
>>52489663
That's not what Femarxists will tell you.
>>
>>52489663
So is Islam, but feminist gladly suck their dicks.

What is it with feminists and old dudes with bushy beards?
>>
File: kevin sorbo giggles.gif (2MB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
kevin sorbo giggles.gif
2MB, 400x285px
>>52489680
>Your points all got btfo'd with that clarification.
>haha, your points don't make sense if I retroactively change was I was talking about
>checkmate, atheists
>>
File: special-pleading.png (272KB, 746x633px) Image search: [Google]
special-pleading.png
272KB, 746x633px
>>52489680
Clarification? Is that what you're calling it now?

You last said "the point, if any of you could read..."

Doesn't that imply that your original post clearly stated it? So why now do you need a clarification?

Don't play dumb. You didn't "clarify," you moved the goalposts and everyone is right to call you out on it.
>>
>>52489680
>marxist just straight up admits that he's retarded

Wow, PoC me surprised.
>>
File: 1307374022829.jpg (86KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1307374022829.jpg
86KB, 500x500px
>>52488916
>>
>>52489621
You must severely brain damaged by alt facts and the alt media. Both the left and right are equally obnoxious and should be exterminatused.

But continue policing the world America without first sorting out your own shit in your own backyard. The literal retards are bleaching the genepool.
>>
File: 1446005960762.jpg (80KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1446005960762.jpg
80KB, 500x496px
>>52489680
>clarification
Did you really think anyone would fall for that?
>>
>>52489694
>>52489703
>>52489704
That was the original intention of the sentence yes, that mass shootings with assault rifles in Australia hasn't happened since. The fact you're still continuing with your literal shitfisting rightily says you're all so fucking mentally damaged.
Continue needing that gun to feel one ounce of a man.
>>
File: 640.jpg (25KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
25KB, 640x350px
>>52489680
>clarification
Is that what we're calling moving goalposts?
>>
>>52489733
Whatever helps you sleep better at night. Be sure to keep the night light on if you're still afraid of the dark.
>>
>>52489761
>>Continue needing that gun to feel one ounce of a man.
C'mon, you just sound foolish now.
>>
>>52489767
>>52489733
>>52489704
>>52489703
>>52489694
Samefagging at its finest. >>52489786
You
>>
>>52489761
>screech
>screech
>screech
>screech
>screech
>screech
>>
So let me see if I got the sequence of events right.

1: >>52489232

2: >>52489358
>Please do inform of when there was another mass shooting in Australia.

3: >several examples of mass shootings in Australia

4: >>52489450
>If they were with only handguns, your points are blown the fuck out because the point if you any of could read is that no mass shootings with assault rifles has happened since.
This seems to be in direct violation of the wording of #2: >>52489358
>Please do inform of when there was another mass shooting in Australia.
Which does not in any way mention handguns or assault rifles or assault weapons.

5: >several people point out the obvious moving of the goalposts where "mass shooting" magically added "with an assault rifle"

6: >>52489680
>Your points all got btfo'd with that clarification.

Okay, I'm all caught up. You weren't "moving the goalposts" you were "clarifying" even though you, yourself, insisted we cannot read (#4) and you, yourself, asked about mass shootings without any mention of assault rifles (#2).
>>
File: nope.png (76KB, 1298x702px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
76KB, 1298x702px
>>52489789
>>
>>52489767
>>52489733
>>52489704
>>52489703
>>52489694
Samefagging at its finest.
>>
>>52489680
I just want you to acknowledge that very American flavor of liberal fagory you are railing ageanst has nothing to do with the ideologies of Carl Marx or Vladimir Lenin!
>>
>>52489761
How many mass shootings have happened in the US with assault rifles? Please cite examples.

Bear in mind that numerous people have sincerely and truthfully attempted to educate you as to what an "assault rifle" is. I would, of course, assume that continuing to conflate the term with "assault weapon" even after the difference has been explained to you can only be intentional.
>>
File: 1477384832506.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477384832506.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>52489789
>>52489803
>>52489809
>>
File: a92930f6ec[1].png (19KB, 378x286px) Image search: [Google]
a92930f6ec[1].png
19KB, 378x286px
>>52489809
Is this some kind of psychological defense mechanism or something?

Sorry, you really are just that stupid that more than one person is laughing at you.
>>
>>52489796
Whatever helps you sleep better. You're the one doing all the screeching actually. Ironic.

>>52489799
I meant it with the clarification. That was the implicit caveat.
Which I'm now clarifying further because you retards aren't mind readers.
>>
>>52489847
>screeches no you
>>
>>52489847
>I meant it with the clarification. That was the implicit caveat.
This post explains exactly why that can't possibly be what you originally meant. >>52489548
>And if you DID mean that, then aren't you ceding that banning assault weapons did not stop mass shootings, it just drove mass shooters to use other firearms instead? Isn't that sabotaging your own point? Therefore, grammar aside, a simple glance at the context will demonstrate that you are full of shit and attempted to move the goalposts when your incorrect narrative was BTFO'd.

I'm still awaiting my apology, faggot.
>>
>>52489825
>Bear in mind that numerous people have sincerely and truthfully attempted to educate you as to what an "assault rifle" is. I would, of course, assume that continuing to conflate the term with "assault weapon" even after the difference has been explained to you can only be intentional.
Bonnie and Clyde used BARs they were kinda proto Assault Rifles.
>>
>>52489891
It's kinda telling we have to go back to the 1930s to actually find an example.
>>
>>52489863
I never said that fucktards haven't used other means to commit mass atrocities, I have said, if you can stop autistically screeching, is that assault rifles have not been used to commit the mass atrocities. Which means fewer deaths in total.
If you can't acknowledge that and keep autistically demanding an apology, I'd have to conclude you are a turbotard autistic with no friends who only feels like anyone of worth with a gun.
>>
>>52489968
>screeching the goalposts way further back
Marxism, everybody
>>
>>52489891
They were light machine guns.
>>
File: 1409560173847.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
1409560173847.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>52489968
So your argument that gun control works is that after Australia banned assault weapons, mass shootings continued anyway.

That's really the position you're taking?
>>
>>52489825
Sandy Hook, the Orlando nightclub shooting, the San Bernadino shooting, the 2012 Aurora Colorado shooting, the 2012 Newton Con shooting, to name a few.
>>
>>52490022
None of those used assault rifles.

>>52489825
>Bear in mind that numerous people have sincerely and truthfully attempted to educate you as to what an "assault rifle" is. I would, of course, assume that continuing to conflate the term with "assault weapon" even after the difference has been explained to you can only be intentional.

So, you failed to admit you were wrong when proven wrong and instead moved the goalposts.

Now is time for round two. Will you admit you're deliberately using a phrase you know to be incorrect?
>>
>>52489983
>They were light machine guns.
Well yeah, but you can see how the design direction is heading towards Assault Rifle, particularly in the way they where used in close quarters fighting by both law enforcement and criminals in the 1930's America.
>>
>>52489994
It is a successful form of gun control because it resulted in fewer deaths. There's no stopping human stupidity though.
Which has been aptly demonstrated in this thread.
>>
>>52490057
>it resulted in fewer deaths
You don't, and cannot possibly, know that as a fact. You believe assault weapons lead to more deaths, but you have no actual evidence of it. And given you, in fact, did not bring this point up until after your "clarification," I can only assume this is in fact goalpost-moving after all and your calling it a clarification is blatantly full of shit.
>>
>>52490057
You have no way of knowing that.
>>
>>52490084
>>52490087
Do you have any evidence the other way?
>>
File: 7rkKbSs.png (582KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
7rkKbSs.png
582KB, 640x640px
>>52490057
He physically cannot stop himself from insulting people who disagree with him, no matter how petty and immature it makes him look. It's like Internet Tourette's.

This is amazing.
>>
>>52490040
What did they use then? Cite examples.
>>
>>52490100
>Prove the negative
Not how it works.
>>
>>52490022
>Sandy Hook, the Orlando nightclub shooting, the San Bernadino shooting, the 2012 Aurora Colorado shooting, the 2012 Newton Con shooting, to name a few.
Actual those are perfict examples of how rapid aimed fire from semi-automatic weapons can be more effective then fully automatic fire from assault rifles and machine guns most of which misses. As a bonus in the Arura shooting the assailant's 100 round magazine jamed his rifle likely saving lives that would have been lost if he used more reliable standard magazines.
>>
>>52490022
>Sandy Hook, the Orlando nightclub shooting, the San Bernadino shooting, the 2012 Aurora Colorado shooting, the 2012 Newton Con shooting, to name a few.

>>52490116
>Sandy Hook
A Bushmaster XM15E2S semiautomatic rifle. Not an assault rifle.
A Glock 20 handgun. Not an assault rifle.

>Orlando
A SIG Sauer MCX semiautomatic rifle. Not an assault rifle.
A Glock 19 handgun. Not an assault rifle.

>San Bernardino
Two semiautomatic AR-15s. Not assault rifles.
Two 9mm handguns of undetermined style. Not assault rifles.

>Aurora
Two tear gas grenades. Not legal. Not assault rifles.
A S&W M&P 15 semiautomatic rifle. Not an assault rifle.
A Remington 870 shotgun. Not an assault rifle.
A Glock 22 handgun. Not an assault rifle.

>2012 Newtown Con shooting
Um...you realize this is Sandy Hook, right? Sandy Hook Elementary School, Newtown, Connecticut.

I'm still waiting for a single mass shooting in which an assault rifle was used.
>>
>>52490084
>>52490087
>>52490101
Compare the port Arthur massacre deaths with the deaths or injuries from mass shootings since, as callous as that sounds.
If you can't, then your argument is hollow and you're purposely ignoring it to call it a failure of gun control.
>>
>>52490176
>I'm still waiting for a single mass shooting in which an assault rifle was used.
The North Hollywood Shootout. They used select fire (including FA) intermediate caliber rifles.

In which the perpetrators used illegally owned and illegally modified firearms, thus demonstrating gun control doesn't actually stop criminals from acquiring guns.
>>
>>52490043
Actually, no. the BAR was designed as a light machine gun with the ability to be fired from the hip while advancing. The reason it got used was that it was available, feature automatic fire and fired a larger round than the .45 found in the Thompson. If they wanted short range, close quarters weapon, they would have used pistols, shotguns or the Thompson. The BAR is a massive and very heavy, making it a quite poor weapon for close quarters shooting, not to mention the cartridge at those distances would be way more than is needed.

The design of the assault rifle was approached from two directions. Germans and Russians wanted a sub-machine gun in rifle caliber. US wanted a rifle that fired like a sub-machine gun.
>>
File: 1476781187230.jpg (32KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
1476781187230.jpg
32KB, 480x432px
I just wanted to talk about Wil Weaton...
>>
>>52490227
He's a real piece of shit
>>
>>52490186
I'm sure a smart person such as yourself understands the flaw in deriving statistical truths from small sample sizes.

Looking at a country with a larger sample from which to draw data, plenty of mass shootings including several of the deadliest did not use assault weapons.

In the US, looking at school massacres, the worst such incident...used a bomb. The second worst used...assault-weapon-ban compliant handguns with ten round limited magazines. It's not until #3 that we get to Adam Lanza, and the guy after him used a bolt action rifle. After him is Columbine, in which the perpetrators used ban complaint handguns and a pump action shotgun.
>>
>>52490193
Modified semi-autos are a bit of a grey area. Don't such modifications usually just turn the "semi-auto" into full auto?
>>
>>52490227
>mention Wil Wheaton
>/tg/ starts bringing up how they own guns
Hmm.
>>
>>52490193
The only deaths in that shootout were the perpetrators.

They didn't kill a single other person.

Yeah, assault rifles are SO dangerous.

To anyone rational, the duration of the event before intervention is obviously a much, MUCH more reliable determinant of casualties and fatalities than the kind of gun used. That seems to suggest having an armed population and permissive concealed carry laws would be more likely to lessen the severity of public shootings; let's not forget that more than a few public shootings in the last few years HAVE been stopped by lawfully carrying civilians or police officers not on duty carrying private arms.
>>
>>52490227
Yeah, came back after work and this is now a 300+ post on gun issues. What the hell.

That said, my favorite moment in Tabletop was Richard Garriott eating Wil's lunch over the slave/assistant thing during their run of Five Tribes
>>
>>52490332
Got a clip? There's nothing I want to see more than Lord British humiliating Wil Wheaton, except for anything that doesn't involve Wil Wheaton.
>>
>>52490356
You can see it in Tabletop's episode of Five Tribes.
>>
>>52490369
>>52490356
Yeah, it's in the Tabletop ep, and its just a low key moment all things considered.

>Slavery is Bad! So for this playthrough we're going to refer to them as "assistants".
>So, I'm going to discard some slaves to increase the range of my assassins.
>...
>Lord British just looks at Wil for a moment.

You can tell he wants to say something, but doesn't want to be the guy to quest Lord British's 'nerd cred'.
>>
>>52490369
There is nothing I want less than to have to watch Wil Wheaton for one second longer than I have to, even if it's to search for a clip of him being humiliated by Lord British.

Guess I'll just imagine the look on his fucking retarded face as someone who is smart and talented destroys him in public.
>>
>>52490411
*question, even.

It's still kind of weird that it's still sacrificing people for power & profit, but it's okay if you change the name slightly.
>>
>>52490447
Doublethink is the thing with those people man. They'll sit there and tell you that they are feminists or pro gay in one breath and desperately defend islam with the next.
>>
File: trek.jpg (346KB, 600x2181px) Image search: [Google]
trek.jpg
346KB, 600x2181px
Oh what the hell, as long as we're bashing on Wesley may as well post this up.
>>
>>52491025
Man that's pretty accurate. I was going to say that I thought Gnomes were the jews of fantasy but it occurs to me that there is literally no difference between gnomes and goblins. They both have the g in the name and everything.
>>
>>52490694
It's really more about denial than doublethink.

It's why they rush to insist radical islamist fundamentalism isn't "true islam." Look at the left's response EVERY TIME muslims kill infidels. They ALWAYS insist that's not real islam and that the terrorists don't represent islam - as if western WASPs are the sole arbiters of what is or isn't legitimate islam.
>>
>>52491148
Don't forget that any of the crimes of marxism were not true marxism, that's a good one too.
>>
phew

kudos to whoever started the derail

i was worried id have to actually say something in wil wheatons defense
>>
>>52491165
The no true Scotsman defense really should be called the no true Socialist defense, because EVERY socialist employs it without fail.

>Well my theoretical version of socialism that is 99.9% has never been tried, therefore the hundred million people socialism killed in the 20th century don't count
>>
>>52491205
Motion is carried.
>>
>>52490279
the MO for problematic topics on the internet is to shitpost or derail until the thread loses focus on the topic or gets closed
>>
>>52491238
I was thinking more along the lines of that being a revealing shift, in a freudian sense.
>>
I'm >>52487632
I sincerely just meant to bring guns up as a metaphor regarding people shitting on new gamers spouting the memes and so on of people like Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton.

So, uh, sorry about that.
>>
>>52491296
It isn't a good comparison though. The people who are modern fad-based gun owners actually like guns. The people like Wil Wheaton who actively profess their hatred for gamers and gamer culture but profiteer on it are no more "new fans" than the local trans-bigenderqueer fop who drinks alcohol, eats pork, and diddles his butthole to the thought of getting raped by isis is a real muslim
>>
>>52491584
And this is why Evil Hat will always be the worst RPG company of all time.
>>
>>52491148

>Hey what about these capitalist atrocities...

>Those don't count!
>>
>>52491584
>The people like Wil Wheaton who actively profess their hatred for gamers and gamer culture but profiteer on it
I mean, to be fair, they're talking specifically of "gamer culture" as portrayed by anti-GamerGate fags. If we're talking "gamer culture" as in "knows what the 'attacking the gazebo' joke is" then he's all for things like that.
>>
>>52491733
One hundred million, commie.

Come up with even half of that from capitalists (not just westerners, but atrocities committed in the name of capitalism itself) and then we'll talk about capitalist atrocities.
>>
>>52490176

Technically "battle rifle" or "small caliber battle rifle" comes pretty close to describing the weapons used in most cases, as well as the guns that they intend on banning.
>>
>>52491584
Going back to my original Fury of Dracula point, I wonder if Wil would have fake-macked on Grant as Van Helsing as hard as he did on the lady playing Mina
>>
>>52491749

>What are famines in india, belgian congo, irish famines, colonial expansion for capitalist economies, opium wars, etc...

>Massively higher than 100 million causalities

>"Those don't count!"
>>
>>52491733
>Remember that time when communist revolutionaries murdered anyone with an education and anyone wearing glasses and people who lived in cities in the killing fields of cambodia because they were intellectual bourgeoisie?
>WELL WHAT ABOUT THAT TIME A FACTORY POLLUTED A RIVER

Having two examples does not mean they are equal. I could smack someone in the face and then stand next to a cannibalistic serial killer. We may both have done something mean, but that doesn't make us equal.
>>
>>52491785
Since I was referring specifically to one century (1900-1999) and you're referring to more than one, do we get to divide your examples by two or three and then compare it? That is of course even assuming your over 100m estimate is accurate, which is laughable.

Nobody is saying that capitalists have never done ill deeds, but if you think your average capitalist society can even come close to the horrific things communists have done in the 20th century you're delusional.
>>
>>52491786

I'm pretty sure killing someone is equal to killing someone mate.

>>52491831

>RACING those goalposts backwards

So yes, you're saying "THOSE DON'T COUNT!" exactly as predicted.
>>
>>52491785
>conflating imperialism and capitalism
Found the Marxist.
>>
>>52491843

>No TRUE capitalist...
>>
>>52491855
>lost an argument about marxism in another thread
>better start spamming commie rhetoric in this one
MODS
>>
>>52491838
>>52491855
I moved nothing. Communism, socialism, people's democratic republicanism, and the 50 other synonyms apologists invented for this form of society and government have killed about one hundred million people in the 20th century alone.

If you're going to bring up examples spanning a much larger period of time then it's fair to divide them evenly in order to arrive at comparable figures. This is not goalpost moving, this is how statistics and logic works.

Furthermore, taking a significantly broader and more vague definition of capitalism to include militarist and imperialist expansion and then expecting actual capitalists to account for those as well is at best disingenuous and more honestly quite simply arguing in bad faith.

>What atrocities have capitalists committed?
>Well if you change the definition of capitalism to include militaristic imperialism and colonialism and also count two or three centuries total-
Yeah, nobody's falling for that shit.
>>
>>52488021
That must be a US thing. I cunt is a cunt regardless of wether the person in question has one or not.
>>
>>52491785
Think about what you're saying here. Famines in India?

Yes, the British imperial government is accused by some sources of exacerbating famine under their rule. But exacerbating is not the same as causing and in no reasonable metric can they be blamed for 100% of it. Same with Irish famines.

I'll grant the belgian congo one even though that's quite honestly being generous. It was a profit-seeking endeavor, but only possible because it was pursued by a monarch.

>colonial expansion for capitalist economies
Can you be more fucking vague? This is the problem with you fuckhead Marxists - because communist societies carry out all their atrocities in the name of their retarded economic theory, they project and assume capitalist societies do as well. Which is fucking stupid.

>opium wars
Involved a very complex set of motives and cannot reasonably be reduced to mere profit-seeking alone. The exercise of imperial power is not inherently a capitalist act.
>>
>>52491915
How dare Americans on an American message board founded by Americans read lingo in an American dialect.
>>
>>52491986
Conquest to get more land for your kingdom is actually capitalism though because I'm losing this argument and I need some more points or it's going to look like marxism just murders everyone all the time
>>
File: marty-robbins-20651271-1-402[1].jpg (137KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
marty-robbins-20651271-1-402[1].jpg
137KB, 1200x1200px
>>52491908
>Communism, socialism, people's democratic republicanism, and the 50 other synonyms apologists invented for this form of society and government
Socialism, communism, call it what you like. There's very little difference 'tween the two.

Now ain't I right?
>>
>>52491786
>I could smack someone in the face and then stand next to a cannibalistic serial killer. We may both have done something mean, but that doesn't make us equal.
>>52491838
>I'm pretty sure killing someone is equal to killing someone mate.

presented without comment
>>
>>52492213
>these two crimes are not similar
>these two crimes are similar

presented without communism
>>
File: 1411819196675.webm (2MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1411819196675.webm
2MB, 700x394px
>>52492097
I get a freedom boner every time I hear that song.
>>
>>52482443
>Is there anything good about him?
As the guy who posted the four word post that inspired >>52475090
I have to sincerely say that I thoroughly enjoyed Wil Wheaton every time he's played a villain. On Criminal Minds, on Leverage, on The Big Bang Theory, on Eureka, or even reality TV. He is a thoroughly hatable villain that I enjoy despising.
I wish him many, many years of acting in the industry.
The fact that I wanted to smash his face in the table while playing himself on tbbt alone makes him a credit to his profession. Wil Wheaton is to smarmy asshole characters what Bruce Campbell is to B movie action stars.
Kudos Wil.

As for who he is as a person, I can't say I know and don't really care.
In appearances, he has displayed a number of traits that I really dislike, but also displayed enough intelligence to be aware that people dislike such attitude.
If he is a guy who grew up being hated by nerds and has found a way to profit off them, great. It doesn't bother me at all.
If everything I see in him that I don't like is entirely genuine, then I guess I don't like him much, I care far less, and am, impossibly, bothered even less.

Also, as I knew when I wrote "Wil Wheaton the Kender", he is good for getting a rise out of /tg/.
Party on.
>>
>>52492596
I honestly feel like the smarmy asshole bit is an act. I mean, I've never met the guy, but he's had a few appearances as himself where he dropped the smarmy shit and I suppose I have no evidence that THAT isn't the act, it just didn't feel like it.

But I guess actors and celebrities should be judged by who they appear to be unless you happen to know them personally or meet them more than once or work with them Harrison Ford is incredibly nice and charming. And Wheaton usually plays a smarmy asshole, but I agree he does it well. I liked his comeuppance in Eureka more than I liked Felicia Day, who I think is a terrible actor and wouldn't have made it anywhere if she didn't have the "but I'm a geek girl!" thing going on.
>>
>>52492681
>I honestly feel like the smarmy asshole bit is an act.
>I liked his comeuppance in Eureka more than I liked Felicia Day, who I think is a terrible actor and wouldn't have made it anywhere if she didn't have the "but I'm a geek girl!" thing going on.
I pretty much agree.
I like her one note, but it's still just one note.
Both her characters on Eureka and Supernatural were written far too hard to be the Perfect Geek Girl, to my tastes.
But unless they were written specifically for her, it's hard to blame her for that.
I don't know enough about her to be sure and don't care enough to learn.
The same goes for the True Nature of Wil Wheaton.
>>
>>52492838
I've never seen Supernatural, but her role in Eureka actually was written for her specifically. It's not coincidence she and Wheaton joined the cast at the same time.
>>
>>52492877
>I've never seen Supernatural
Pretty similar, but also a lesbian super hacker who eventually goes on to have magical adventures in Oz.
Yeah.
Still liked her.
>>
>>52492877
twisted fucking desert horse
>>
>>52487568
>Needing men for friendship
>Not gay

The only man I need in my life is me. The rest of you make me uneasy. Fucking skinks.
>>
>>52487838
More like that season of South Park all over again.
>>
>>52487916
Oh the guys who butcher whole families and stuff.
>>
>>52487932
>Is owning tons of clocks the mark that you're about the break causality and do time-crime?

It will be.
>>
>>52488000
Isn't that roughly the same?
>>
>>52488344
A toddler got shot in my DM's neighborhood a few months ago. Every week I get a little bit closer to convincing him to move.
>>
>>52488806
I would love to see a hundred million gun owners get trampled. Then maybe a hundred million anti-gun protestors. Then a hundred million tailors. And so on and so forth until it is my turn.
>>
>>52489035
>All I hear is the yelping of dogs.

Then let them out they probably need to pee.
>>
>>52489364
Clearly fucking New York, though that's a nationwide system. It's not even limited to bottles and cans, because there are 20 ounce bottles.
>>
>>52491831
>Since I was referring specifically to one century (1900-1999)

Fucking when?
>>
>>52493530
Since we started discussing the horrors of socialism, most of which took place in the 20th century
>>
>>52493530
The 100 million figure came from a very common estimate of how many people socialism/communism/marxism/etcism killed in the 20th century. At worst, it was implied.
Thread posts: 425
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.