[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SYMBAROUM THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Skog_978x450.jpg (116KB, 978x450px) Image search: [Google]
Skog_978x450.jpg
116KB, 978x450px
CORE: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Og19lrbA7Sb0IzcDNFUHJYRWc/view
APG: https://files.catbox.moe/7gdd77.pdf

>share your characters
>share your impressions
>share your stories
>>
>>52462580
So what IS this?
>>
>>52462645
Dark fantasy RPG from a Swedish studio.

The main human kingdom has just migrated over the mountains to escape their magic-blasted homeland that was ruined in a great war. Now they've started displacing the local barbarian tribes in their new land, and are colonising the vast ancient forest that dominates the region.

It's kinda Wild West in Fangorn Forest

Also the art is fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>52463040
Are there hardcopies available? Working from a 200+ page soft copy is ass.
>>
File: symbaroum.png (7MB, 1672x2206px) Image search: [Google]
symbaroum.png
7MB, 1672x2206px
>>52463106
I think Modiphius handle their English-language distibution. They also sell through D2RPG but it seems they don't have the hardcover options anymore. Might be out of print at the moment.
>>
can someone advice me on a build for playing an "explorer" sorcerer? Viglant and discreet while using some sort of magic
>>
>>52463451

If you're using any kind of magic you don't want your Resolute to be too low.

If you want to use ranged weapons, invest in Sixth Sense as that will let you use your high Vigilant to attack. If you're a melee type than grab Feint to use Discreet.

You're likely going to want to get Exceptional Attribute because with standard array you're either gimping Vigilant/Discreet or your ability to do magic. My advice would be to make your Resolute or attack Attribute 15, then put whichever you didn't pick at 13, and whatever is leftover gets the 12 (11 + 1 from Exceptional Attribute).

Sorcery is a must; look for spells you can rely on rather than ones which might be occasionally sometimes useful.
>>
>>52463451
If you're going Sorcerer you really need a solid Resolute to soak all that Corruption. The APG also has some nice new Abilities for throwing Corruption around that synergize really well with Sorcery.

If you're going for a low-Resolute build, Curse and Larvae Boil are good powers because they don't require an initial Resolute roll to cast, only to sustain.

With high Vigilant you should of course go for Witchsight and probably Sixth Sense which will open up for a nice ranger build.

In general though, I'd say that if you want to make solid builds in Symbaroum, you should anchor them around a single main attribute.
>>
>>52463516
>>52463551

my idea is:
Sorcery
Mystical Power Curse
Sixth Sense
Witch Sight
Backstab

Resolute 15, Vigilant 14, Discreet 14
Accurate 5, Peruasive 5, Cunning 10, Strong 7, Quick 10

Than going Sixth Sense( adept) and picking a lot of sorcery.
>>
>>52463584
Sounds solid!

If I were making a Sorcerer I would also consider taking the ability Channeling from the APG.
>>
>>52463781
>Channeling
i saw that but i can't understand why people thnk it's a solid ability
>>
>>52463810
I'm not sure it's a good ability, but I think it sounds fun!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.