[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanna help me make an IG regiment /tg/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Prussians.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Prussians.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
I'm making an IG regiment using these minis wanna help me make a backstory /tg/?
>>
maybe their preferred tactics and such as well
>>
Anyone?
>>
Someone?
>>
>>52453943
mordain Iron Guard is where you wanna look. also, were those primed, and do you thin you paints?

also, what would you use them as?
>>
>>52454392
Probably Base Guard Squads or Vets I have more of them yet unpainted
>>
>>52454430
key thing with conversions is keeping them consist. right now, it looks like you have two regular guardsmen, a sarge, and a Guy with either a relc, a standard, or a big CC weapon

I would recommend working on a single squad at a time, and build a functional skeleton of an army, and then let the Glue God guide you
>>
>>52454392
Also no to your other questions
>>
>>52454487
the guy with the sword is Platoon boss dude with the halberd is a NCO
>>
>>52454493
trust me on this, with conversions, you want to prime them so you get an even surface and hide the glue joints.

Look up the duncan vids on thinning paints. it will make things a lot easier, both actually painting, and making it look smooth over the details.

>>52454521
take a look at the lists and see what you can count their equipment as. It will make things much easier on the table top if you tty to make it conistant across the army (use the same bit for the same equipment) or part of a unit theme (match bits by style per unit.)

(also, get superglue as well. works on everything, not just plastic)

I have a legion of the damend army I have been converting for a long time, so I feel your pain
>>
>>52454587
Well I must say I do love the advice but I was hoping for help with their backstory
>>
>>52454587
I have a plan for what I want for the infantry kit all these lads came as a kit that is still in production so bits and uniformity are of no issue
>>
>>52454628
ah, that is easy

world around a 19th century tech level with heavy Prussian cultural history (since they look prussian) is made contact with, and told to send up a regiment or two several months after first contact. las weapons are built like time period rifles, they build stronger cannons that look the same and the like since the admech have not shown up yet, and some normal regiments took pity on their weapons designers.

they do surprisingly well since they drill well and have good tactics with blobs due to planetary history, and don't die right away

>>52454705
gotcha. for giggles, you might want to throw in a superheavy in ancient colors initial colony colors as well. or have a counts as equivalent in 19th century tech level
>>
>>52454744
ive got some wwii shermans kicking around any suggestions for a color scheme?
>>
>>52454802
depends if you want to change it up. I honestly like the blue and red you have going, just clean it up and give it a wash or a glaze.

you can get a bit silly, since you could go full 19th century pomp for something different on the table
>>
>>52454744
got some empire cannons as well
>>
>>52454878
that might make either some good heavy weapons or artillery teams if you like forgeworld proxying

you could be some larger ones with some scratch building as well
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.