[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True Chaotic Evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Karl_by_liggieep.jpg (87KB, 900x1260px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_by_liggieep.jpg
87KB, 900x1260px
Tell me /tg/, what do you think about evil characters in your game? How you play it or how you co-op with it?
>>
>>52452467

As a GM, I make sure that anyone playing an Evil character has some reason to be loyal to the party, or at lest a reason not to turn traitor and sell them out.

I've never actually played an Evil character myself... might be interested in giving it a try next time I actually am a player, and not a foreverGM.
>>
Self-interest.
>>
>>52452537
I play CE character and I think something isn't right. My character want to be a pirate and other two players just going with me couse one want to collect some rare swords, and the other is his brother. They act more like minions then other players....I dont know what to do to not steal whole spotlight
>>
>>52452467
Currently playing a LE rogue in my group. Group has no idea they have signed away a soul to an imp that has been tailing the group.
Lawful Evil is easier to handle than neutral or chaotic. You get along with the party because it serves your interest to have them working "with" (See: for you) you to achieve goals. Communication with the DM about what your evil goals are is best so they can make sure you arent derailing the game or can properly keep the evil agendas working alongside or in secret to the groups. Which is another point, your group does NOT need to know your alignment, but you also dont need to know theirs. Its like in real life; you wouldnt (See: Shouldnt) walk up to a group of coworkers and tell them how evil you are so it wouldnt really happen here. Actions speak louder than words and this is especially true with playing evil. You can dont need to just rape the house and burn the villagers to show you're evil. You can show it through greed or moments of cruelty toward an enemy or even NPCs. Give people are reason to fear your evil character of what they could do. etc etc...
>>
>>52452657
Talk with your DM. This is always the golden rule for any problem in the game. If you're worried they're just along for the ride, have the DM work with them on grander motivations or even get started on that sword quest.

As far as playing CE, what are you doing that constitutes as being CE over just a regular murderhobo pc?
>>
>>52452467
>what do you think about evil characters in your game?
They are expressly not allowed, as my game is very Big Damn Heroes in tone.
>how do I play them
I have a few times, and each was different.
For one, a big dumb orc who worshiped the exarch of revenge, he wasn't ACTIVELY cruel or "evil" to others, but had no compunctions or limitations in what he would do to those who opposed him.
Cannibalism? Simply the logical thing to do after a battle, I mean, that's good mean that's gonna spoil.
Take prisoners and impale them alive before the gates of some fucker's fastness? They'll yell and scream, and if you are REALLY lucky, the idiots will come out to help them, and you can clobber the lot after they open the door for you!
Stealing? It's not stealing if they fight you for it, and you win, then you earned it fair and square!
>>
Currently running a NE yuanti pure blood assassin/GOOlock.
Fortunately the group is either LE or neutral so he gets the opportunity to torture, steal, manipulate.
Other wise he's just there to send as much info back to his homeland.
I always find it to be a shame that people let their characters be so defined by two letters.
For example, we are currently in SKT and defending the bread basket of the north from an approaching giant/goblin army.
Some how I'm in charge of securing all the non combatants in the abbey.
Turn to my compatriot whos helping me as we bar the doors to the abbey
"We'll should we survive we are either having a feast....or a barbecue"
Moral of the story, pick and choose your rp moments. Otherwise your forcing your magical realm on others.
>>
>>52452711
Well my character is usually nice guy, calm, polite, love to tell stories in taverns (he is bard), but have outburst. Like one time some girl say his stories was stupid, in the night villige was burning people were dying, and he save this girl to remember him, just to grow and become his enemy that will grow hate for him.Next day he just leave, like nothing happend to other town where he play as survivor and send guards to se what (he) did happend
>>
>>52452467
I remember that guy. From the same as iceclimber, yes?
>>
>>52452467
https://youtu.be/wlFTRLKboFo
>>
>>52452467
>True CE
Naught but a filter to the truth of the universe.
>>
Typically for my games LE is the only evil alignment I allow without permission. I only allow NE or CE characters if I trust the person to play someone who's willing to aid the party for their own self-interest. This is all assuming we aren't playing an evil campaign, which I've only run once.

The only flat out banned alignment is CN because in my experience all that CN produces is lolrandumbxd and murderhobos. An actually decent CN character can easily quality for TN as well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.