[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about your first character, /tg/. Was it cringe inducing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 42

File: 1490396408154.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1490396408154.gif
4MB, 280x302px
Tell me about your first character, /tg/. Was it cringe inducing?
>>
I haven't even made a character yet.
>>
>>52451504
I was afraid of falling into special snowflake walley and overdid with "normal". The character was just a normalguy soldier, and ended up boring as all hell as a result.
>>
>>52451504
Owlbear statblock cooking spaghetti
>>
File: redrogue.png (32KB, 209x128px) Image search: [Google]
redrogue.png
32KB, 209x128px
>>52451504
Redhead peasant turned thief. Loved sneaking around and being stealthy.

I'd always try to set up an ambush but every time I found a better hiding spot I moved there, so enemies would often walk up on me while I was on the move.
>>
>>52451504
Yeah kinda, he was basically a knock off Vimes, but an asshole.

I like to think my characters are better.
>>
>>52451614
same
>>
>>52451504

Maybe.

Dimwitted, but loyal barbarian who would do anything to acquire more bacon for him and his allies.
>>
>>52451504
bloodmage. used blood magic to heal fuckers. so edgy
>>
>>52451504
An alleged tech-priest, I knew nothing about 40k yet so it was very in name only. Was planning to be the amoral mad scientist but all the other players ended up being so insane he became the voice of reason and morality.
>>
>>52451504
DH Ecclesiarch. Not really cringy but kind of annonying as a "Praise the Emprah" broken jukebox
>>
Vorkis Nailo, true neutral drow sorcerer, escaped the underdark because he didn't want to become a sex slave or a corpse. I played him with a romanian accent. A bit of a snob but always there to prevent the paladin to kill the fighter. Also the party face.

Ended up wooing an elven cleric NPC but the campaign ended shortly after.
>>
>>52451504
2E AD&D Male Dwarf Fighter

He, and his brother, another PC killed goblins and took their gold to buy better weapons to be better at killing goblins and taking their gold.
>>
My first character was a roadwarden in warhammer roleplay 2. edition. He set out to protect travelers on the road and deal with all the criminal scum that would cross his way. His judgement was kind a blurred by the fact that he was a devout believer in Sigmar and interpreted the law to the letter, though he could not read. He was also very suspicious of all Bretonnians and Elves. The latter were also, atleast in his crazy conspiracy theories, involved in a lot of plots to overthrow the Empire.

Does that count as edgy?
>>
>>52451504
D&D NE cleric of darkness.

A little round, bearded, loved to eat and get money. Also was hunted by the good church for trying to convert people into his faith. Found a brother soul in an orc barbarian who liked to fight and get money. So cleric schemed and barbarian crushed skulls.

It's a shame game wasn't able to proceed far. It was fun to hide corpses of city criminals from the better part of the party while ork and cleric were trying to take other some shady business.
>>
My greatest fear is making a cringey character so I have taken precautions to avoid ever doing it by only playing martials and almost always playing humans.
>>
Evil Archimedes who sold his soul to the Devil.
>>
5e
CE GOOlock
Half-hag
Played him communist where he wanted to get back at all the blue bloods who mocked him and his sailor friends for being ugly as sin. Campaign ended 2 sessions into me joining so I did nothing with him as a concept and really want to retry him with some alterations.
>>
In the works right now, not counting my oneshot/premade module characters. D&D 3.5 tome of battle large sized Minotaur lawful neutral crusader of heroinious or St. Cuthbert, inb4 bara furry. Just using a half Minotaur template with some small changes for the base stats and balance. In setting I will have a decent amount of issue being a bigass monster, if not hostility just making my way through towns made for people half my size. his deal is justice, law, and order, and depending on diety choice how much of a hardass for the law he is going to be. I'm still working on the reason why he is out and about, probably a pilgrimage or a crusade duh.
>>
My first character was a bard, we were rolling for stats but I didn't realise that you got to put them wherever you want, as such he has 16 str. I decided to roll with it and made him a pro wrestler.

It only lasted one session and ended with a druid burning a log cabin, and the surrounding forest, to the ground.
>>
>>52451504
Is a six year old kid playing a half-elf child fighter/druid cringe inducing?
>>
>>52451504
>Was it cringe inducing?

He was a imperial guardsman in DH1e, schola progenium world, he was clumsy (loltastically) and knew how to fence with a sword. He was eventially going to get a meltagun. In his background he accidentally ran over his best friend with a chimera which is why he was basically haunted by his loss.
>>
File: 1450317238393.jpg (396KB, 1570x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1450317238393.jpg
396KB, 1570x1536px
>>52451504
>Imperial Guardsman with a giant glowing red tribal tattoo on his face that talked back to his superiors regularly, because he was so bad ass

Yeap.
>>
>>52451504
Gruff Dwarf Warlord with a heart of gold. Lost his character sheet over 8 years ago, and the campaign only lasted a single session so I can't really remember much about him other than him being a tanky little bugger wih some healing as well.
>>
>>52452947
>glowing red tribal tattoo on his face that talked back to his superiors regularly,

I knew there was a reason i came to this thread.
>>
Retired solider who just wanted to settle down and buy a farm, but got roped into other people's bullshit and ended up having adventures.

I was never a very edgy person.
>>
Red dragonborn paladin that could hit like a truck but couldn't think critically.
>>
>>52451504
Bookworm summoner that was very clumsy and inattentive. Her cluelessness got her into a lot of hijinks that her eidolon needed to bail her out of, included but not limited to: captured by goblins, eaten by a plant, trapped in a dimensional vortex, spirit death, eaten by a giant snake, and demons. She was fun.
>>
>>52451504
Nothing too weird.

Ogo the half-orc barbarian was an incredibly strong but weak willed warrior. His village gave him a paltry sum of gold and a few basic weapons telling him he was now an adventurer, and to go forth and fulfill his dreams! In reality they just wanted him the fuck out of their lives
>>
>>52451504
Nope. It was pretty generic late medieval merc, with nothing special, unusual or atypical. Just a guy that was living from war to war, doing odd jobs inbetween. But our group also had a special snowflake rasta cleric and Not!Legolas as evisioned by 15 year old (we were stuck with younger brother of the GM), so go fucking figure.
I still have fond memories from those games. They were so... virgin, for lack of better word. And it was literally the only time we had the right balance between role and roll playing. Ever since it was eithe too much of any of the two, but never striking the balance again
>>
File: dwarf 1.jpg (145KB, 400x545px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf 1.jpg
145KB, 400x545px
>>52451504
Generic gruff dwarf cleric.
>>
>>52451504
Probably.

Half elf fighter with levels in wizard. basically a magical samurai. Had a giant snapping turtle that spent most of his time asleep. Mother was an elven jappa, father was basically Aragorn. The char was a noble because of the mom but had to go out and do something in the world to prove himself to the human clansmen.

I enjoyed him to be honest. I mainly played him as someone down to do anything.

Also, lots of waifu hunting
>>
File: Novislav_Djajic.jpg (100KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Novislav_Djajic.jpg
100KB, 900x900px
>>52451504
I played pic related as a Paladin.

So yeah, it was pretty cringe worthy.
>>
When I first got into Dungeons and Dragons, 3.0 came out. I was like 11 or 12, so I had some edgydark chuuni shit going on. I tried making a character starting at level 8 who was an ex-paladin-turned-sorcerer (it sucked) who fought using scythes, had long black hair, and wore one giant pauldron instead of a normal pair. Character was the brooding silent type, of course.

I graduated from edgy, but I usually play backwoods redneck characters whenever possible just because it's fun and easy for me to roleplay due to being a native Virginian.
>>
Imagine the most generic female human rogue, played by a hormonal goth girl overcompensating for her low self-esteem.

I was probably an edgy That Guy, but tbf my party wasn't much better.
>>
>>52451504
Literally Hitler
>>
Is a charmingly racist elf who endgame killed the Human Pope and the Angel sent after that to instigate an Elfin Jihad edgy?
>>
>>52451504
Pirate Bard, started out as a cringy Jack Sparrow carbon copy, eventually lost everything he held dear, his ship, his wife, and his friends.

He was pretty good in combat and stealth, but he took a lot of damage on different occasions which resulted in the loss of one of his eyes and a hand.

He grew a beard and now has an eyepatch and hookhand.

He became quite the dynamic character

Punished Bard
>>
>>52451504
"crazy" high elf wizard who specialized in conjuration because I thought I needed that to take Wish.
>first-time party getting to lvl 17
>Illusion Wizards get Wish at lvl 14
>>
>>52455710
This was all before MGSV kek
>>
>>52451504
A dragonborn Paladin from a clan who lives in a Swamp.
He went on a Pilgrimage to find something useful to bring back to his clan to improve their quality of life.
Finds the party and sees them as the "something useful to bring back to his clan"
Seeks to befriend the people in the party and convince them to come back to his clan and live with them, increasing the quality of life via their unique and powerful skillset.

Played him for a few months. The Goblin Rogue in the party became a close friend, when the goblin died my Paladin questioned his beliefs and became a Blackguard or Anti-Paladin, w/e you wanna call it.

Killed some Minotaurs and stopped worshipping his god, and instead took up worship of the Minotaur's Blood God.

Though unfortunately that campaign went down the drain when our DM left his books in a backpack in his car and someone broke into his bag and stole his backpack. He hasn't DM'd since. Makes me sad, because I thought he was a good DM, and the guy in our group who took up his mantle is kinda...obstinate.
>>
Dwarf barbarian who loved to brew, drink, and fight. That being said, he turned out to be one of the more cautious and level headed members of the party...somehow.
>>
>>52451504
I played a stoic hitman with a hidden soft spot. His signature weapon were hypodermic needles fired from wrist shooters.
So yeah, it was pretty cringy, especially since this was for a Pokémon play by post game.
>>
This was in a homebrew game. My first character was a stoner who ate magical fungus fruits to gain magical fungus powers (and get real high). He was a squishy support mage until he made a complete 180 and became a tanky bruiser who never spoke. I played this like the fungus had taken him over and was puppeting him around. Eventually I became the DM and made him the BBEG. He tried to take over the world with an army of fungus monsters. The game never finished, as I lost interest and moved on to a better game. That game is still running today.
>>
>>52451504
First DnD character or first RP character ever? My first RP character was definitely cringeworthy but I was 12 so it's okay.

It was some Inuyasha, Half demon catboy knockoff. Comprised of all the things a 12 year old might think was cool.

First DnD character was much later, but it was a Half-Orc Barbarian made for a game where I didn't have much time to think about a deep backstory and didn't want to spend the session reading the backstory of the world. My plan was if he died I'd have a better understanding of the setting and come with a better character.
>>
Necromancer Monk who specialized in touch spells and carried the skeleton of his Master on his back. His Master's final test was to find a perfect burying place for his body, and he regularly came to life to complain to his pupil about the nature of the gravesite.

>You expect me to lay in the shade like a dog?!

>How dare you bury me here! How am I to rest with such a noisy stream beside me?!

>Gah! Not next to my wife you fool! You expect me to be nagged for eternity?

I got called a snowflake and the group eventually fell apart due to schedule drama. ;_; I miss you Gi'Lo. You were my first character love.
>>
An obese priest who prayed to a god of "pimpin'", and eventually ran a chain of brothels.
>>
File: Kn07.jpg (56KB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kn07.jpg
56KB, 634x900px
5E human male fighter named Greg

His AC was 24 by 3rd or 4th level.

Gotta love random loot tables.
>>
>>52451504
NAVEL THE HAVEL

Run of the mil character, just built it around strength and con
>>
5e Dwarf Druid. Quiet, but with a bad temper (a berserker in spirit). He had a canary companion that would calm him down.
>>
>>52451504
A wizard named Randalf the green
>>
Goblin fighter that turned into goblin with a gun, communicated a lot of the time by clapping
>>
File: python-i-got-better.jpg (25KB, 350x331px) Image search: [Google]
python-i-got-better.jpg
25KB, 350x331px
Space Marine Librarian....in a D&D setting. I had exploding crossbow bolts.
>Get it? Because bolts? Ehehehehe....kill me.
>>
>>52451504
My first character was a wizard I made when I was like seven with little more description than him being like Merlin and Gandalf. So no, not really.
>>
>>52451504
For D&D 3.5. A Half-Orc Barbarian who died when he sexually assaulted a spectre, after the DM warned me that I'd probably die.

Pretty cringy if I say so myself
>>
Ex soldier who wanted a quiet life working his car mechanic business who was dragged back into shadowrunning due to the place beginning to go under.
>>
File: Five minutes left brothers....jpg (10KB, 174x290px) Image search: [Google]
Five minutes left brothers....jpg
10KB, 174x290px
>>52451504
Was it cringe inducing?

>Vladimir
>Vandershien

>Mercenary/assassin for hire
>wore a hood and mask at all times
>never took them off
>painted a blood coloured smile on it
>first major plot reveal involved him walking into a tavern pulling a sword on the king's advisor, the royal wizard, and the immensely powerful evil floating ghost witch and demanding to know what was going on

I was eleven.
>>
>>52451504
it was a psyker who knew two spells
1) summon rats
2) flashbang. used exclusively to piss off rats.

he had an absurdly high charisma considering people tended to be eaten alive by rats around him
>>
>>52451504
Zabrak combat medic, dad of the team, also doubled as the tank

9/10 honestly
>>
File: 1490504451495.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1490504451495.gif
178KB, 160x160px
>Not!Russian Scout Shapeshifter
>Really good with a bow and not much else
>Could change into a crow after having a bro-talk with it about getting the crow honeys
>Popped a short dude from my max distance with multiple exploding dice
>Followed by max damage
>Also sliced a wolf in half with a machete as it tried to drag away an npc

I miss 7th Sea. If the system wasn't a mess I'd run it.
>>
>>52451504
I made a social glass cannon.
All charisma, some inteligence, no willpower.
Below average physical stats.
How cringe that is depends on the person, but the GM took one look at my character sheet and insisted I have a Baldrick.
>>
>>52451504
My DM wanted to use this old which DnD class are you quiz. I got a Lawful Neutral Bard/Sorcerer. I literally was forced into playing a self insert here.
>>
>>52452947
if it's the tattoo that did the backtalking then this is hilarious
>>
At the suggestion of my GM I made a Kender rogue who talked shit and focused on kill-stealing.
>>
>>52451504
A Cyberpunk 2020 character. He was a "people's champ" fighter from street/cage fights held in the Combat Zone. But those days are long gone, and he's know just a steroid-addicted Fixer that uses the connections he accumulated from his fighting days to get some extra bucks. He was very combat-oriented for a Fixer so I wasn't very useful for the team, but they didn't seem to mind because the story was getting to interesting places and it's probably the only time I've played any tabletop at all without an edgelord to kill the fun for the rest of us.
>>
Half Orc Barbarian named Trask
Liked to kill stuff
>>
>>52451504
Generic Cleric, who I ended up really liking due to the story I created for him while I worked through the campaign. Problem is, he was completely defined by a roleplay outburst I did halfway through the campaign, where everyone but my character and an NPC died to a traveling encounter or disease. The NPC tried to bail on me, and the pious Cleric who only tried to learn, teach the word of Pan and investigate the disease that was plaguing the land, fucking broke down and screamed the NPC down by threatening to send Pan's fury at them if they dared abandon the mission and left the world to die, and that "Pan as my witness, if you choose to abandon me in my time of need, then we shall both meet in sinner's paradise by nightfall." So from that point on, everyone only saw him as "Angry Cleric," and that kept up until the end of the campaign. So if I could've avoided that, no cringe, but instead every time a character of mine gets angry in that group they go "ANGRY CLERIC IS BACK GUYS!"
>>
An eccentric, paranoid draconian warlock/nature cleric, just worried about protecting nature and shit
>>
Psion Doppleganger.

Started out kinda cringy as a misanthrope who loved money, but evolved into a more believable character who disliked other races because they always tried to use him.
>>
File: HypnoticSpecter.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
HypnoticSpecter.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
My first character I ever "roleplayed" was this guy in a weird homebrew game I'd thought up with a friend using Magic cards. I don't remember much except that I was questing to free my swamp from the Lord of the Pit who tyrannically ruled it by setting out and gathering a force of heroes from the other colors.
>>
File: Hopegun.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hopegun.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>52451504
It was a LN monk in a mostly evil campaign.

He lasted one round in the first combat and missed the only attack he made, as an orc crit him with a great axe and did 25 some off damage when he had 9 or so HP total.
>>
>>52451504
>Goliath Barbarian
>Galaekuleg was cursed with a strange affliction that caused his flesh to partially calcify into stone as a young man, and was banished from his clan as a result. He settled begrudgingly into a job as a mercenary, and fell into the employ of a mad gnome sorcerer, where we find him at the beginning of our story

I don't think it was too bad, considering it was the first time. Just a big dude with a big sword and rocky skin.
>>
Narcissistic dwarven paladin who gained his holy power through belief in himself.

I didn't know what party face meant so I was kind of an asshole to every npc
>>
No it was literally just a male human fighter. I was dumb and didn't realize half-orc was better.
>>
>>52451504
>Sorcerer that loved explosions
>Was not very good at it, kept being too practical, tried to save big evocation spells for the right time
>it was pretty much never the right time
>Until it was
Nah. He was pretty sweet.
My SECOND character, on the other hand...
>>
Not terribly.

Elf rogue in 3.5. I had wanted to steal and pickpocket and stuff (played me some Thief 3) but the DM was like, 'nah, that shit ain't gonna fly. town guard will bust ya,' and I was like, 'ah I guess that makes sense.'

Fucked up a bit with dual wielding two long swords and taking oversized two weapon fighting. Got bane construct on one and bane undead on the other.
>>
>>52451504
Yes.
I refuse to give details, even anonymously, because if I punish myself with the knowledge I will never make the same mistakes.
>>
>>52451504
4e, Ex-gladiator Minotaur Invoker who wielded a scythe. End-game was to turn him into some kind of herald of plagues.

Despite the material that went into him, he turned out far better than he could have.
He tried to settle conflicts non-violently, either through diplomacy or flat out threat. The lack of a contrasting party (it was just the GM and I for a few sessions while he rounded up his old players) turned what would have been brooding angst into a genuine sense of withdrawal expected from some lost far from their own lands and people.

By the time other players joined I had exhausted any reservoirs of misanthropy, and was glad for companions to share the limelight. My despair inducing, herald of famine and disease was thrown full-force into plane-hopping wacky hi-jinks that proceeded like a fantasy version of the Hangover.

My second character was at the other end of the spectrum. A by-the-books dwarven cleric who was utterly dull and completely uninspired in comparison.
>>
>>52451504
His name was tim. He threw an ogre into the sun, made an immortal wizard his bitch, survived a zombie apocalypse, and died of food poisoning. He ended his journey at level 3, limbless and penniless, chowing down on scraps in the corner of a tavern on the shore of a country he fought for but never cared for. No one knew his last words since they were interrupted by all his internal organs exiting every orifice of his body including his mouth ,especially his mouth. It was a game where the DM had never read the rules once, but it was okay because we didn't know any better at the time and we were having a blast.
>>
>>52451504

My first PC was a season wielding druid. I have no regrets, could have been better.
Forever GM here though,
>>
>>52457562
underrated. cyberpunk 2020 is one hell of a game. nice way to start in the roleplay world
>>
Salvatore, a half-demon sorcerer. The DM was new to DM'ing and didn't want any evil aligned characters, so he was chaotic neutral
>>
>>52451504
Wasn't really cringe inducing, unless you count a walking stat-block that does whatever I would do cringey.
>>
File: 1484681415748.jpg (129KB, 630x807px) Image search: [Google]
1484681415748.jpg
129KB, 630x807px
>>52451504
>Dark Heresy
>Sniper Scum from a poisonous hive world
>Gas mask/coat because poisonous
>Agoraphobe because hive
>Sniper because massive coward
>Scum because see last three
>Didn't believe in warp travel
>Didn't like the color orange
>Slept in a bathtub

His high water mark was becoming so too loyal for this shit that he executed an Arbites NPC who was legging it in the face of a Chaos Marine champion.
>>
File: cleric msp.png (860KB, 1360x701px) Image search: [Google]
cleric msp.png
860KB, 1360x701px
>>52451504
>>
A necromancer who just wanted to be left alone and do his research but the rest of the party refused and dragged him along for the ride. Like Severus Snape but an exiled nobleman who stepped into the wrong tavern. It was great to play a stick in the mud, especially since I was terrible at it and all his sarcastic remarks were hilarious. He even got as far as making a phylactery but he never died in combat as he expected so he just stayed alive.

By the end of the campaign he helped the party kill the BBEG, some god or another of great size, by making an equally tall flesh golem to engage him in fisticuffs as the party fought the high priest who summoned him into the world to undo the binding. After the dust settled he had the golem write 'Do Not Disturb' on a mountain and made himself a home at its highest peak so they couldn't bother him ever again.
>>
>be 12
>playing free form while camping with boyscouts
>make half-orc ranger because my character in Guild Wars was a ranger
>couldn't have an animal companion
>couldn't use trick arrows
>couldn't do anything close to the anyone else in the fucking 10 man party
>get instakilled by the barbarian who takes an arrow from my quiver and jams it into my neck during the first encounter
Considering my party had fucking Thor and some dual scimitar faggot who chopped up dozens of hobgoblins per turn, I think my first character was pretty tame.
>>
>5E "totally not a dreadnought"
>powerful wizard so old and mangled that his body was entombed into mechanical construct
>his vast wizarding powers are used to power and control the construct, so he lost the use of spells
>construct is basically a dreadnought shell so he has huge amounts of strength and armor
>shit tier dex and perception
>very good at intimidation
>right hand is just a giant metal hand for punching
>left hand is a giant harpoon gun with a winch powerful enough to lift my character off his feet at a considerable speed
>>
File: 1432567033481.gif (2MB, 329x227px) Image search: [Google]
1432567033481.gif
2MB, 329x227px
>"Henry Flunderfluff, a name you all shall remember, for I am god."
He was a balding, middleaged halfling who was so fat he was bursting at the seams of his magical suit of plate mail (enchanted with one size fits all magic).
His AC was so high he'd walk up to people and challenge them to pull his finger, they'd typically fail.
He was a cleric of himself... I guess the faith itself is where the magic comes from.
He did a lot of drinking, and needed a thwap on the head before he'd get any healing in.
The party wasted a ressurection potion on him after a near wipe, and he realized he was no god, for he had seen things.

Moderate cringe.
>>
>>52460188
kek
>>
>>52451504
He was a grumpy cleric. The other players actually enjoyed my role as a moral compass or at least they enjoyed teasing me about it. I suspect the DM didn't much like it when I had him frequently scoff at her dumb snowflake dragon religion and it didn't help that I was often a bit snarky about the plot. I helped reign in the other players though, so I don't think she resented me in particular.

Anyway, my cleric was in a relationship with an equally dour female cleric that I was playing in a simultaneous campaign in the same setting by another DM. The characters basically had a Bakuman style agreement to reunite eventually when their ambitions had been fulfilled. I did it originally as an excuse so that the original DM couldn't magical realm me. But maybe playing a man and his waifu simultaneously is cringy. No one ever called me out on it, but then again those campaigns had much cringier things going on, so maybe I just flew under the radar.

For what it's worth, the female cleric was a more complex character than the male one and the DM for her campaign mentioned several times how much he enjoyed the character. He even based the final arc of the campaign around her religion. It was really cool.
>>
>>52451504
>Tell me about your first character, /tg/

WFRP 1e, wizard's apprentice.
>>
>>52460188
Was he a biotic god?
>>
>>52451504
Pretty standard elf ranger. It was 3rd edition D&D. I was 8? I think.
Nothing to cringy from what I remember, I was a over excited 8 year old who actually has ADHD but the DM covered for me.
I remember that I got talked out of playing a lizardfolk ( I was fucking obsessed with dinosaurs).
>>
>>52452174
Dude don't do that to yourself.
Your allowed to learn from mistakes and stuff.
Also humans smell... WE ALL KNOW IT. WE ALL ACT LIKE IT NOT A PROBLEM. BUT IT IS.
>>
An old wizard. Not really cringy or edgelord, but he was seven feet tall because that's what the dice said.
>>
>>52456484
If you know a lot about Merlin's back story he pretty edgy.
He's half demon, that's why his magical power is so high, but a priest managed to pull the evil taint from him as a baby leaving hi with all of the benefits and none of the downsides. He never knew his father( goes without saying really), could see the future and spent a hilariously large part of his life playing advisor to would be kings of Britain(who liked him for his future sight) while manipulating them in to undoing themselves until he met Arthur the would be king his visions told him to actually help.
He also killed a shocking amount of babies for one of fantasy's kindly old wizards.
>>
>>52451504
A Gnomish fighter since we were playing OSRIC (open source AD&D) and my stat rolls were shitty
Proudest/most in-character moment was peeing on a door mimic after killing it since it was a bitch to fight.

I've gotten into roleplaying much more since then however.
>>
My very very first character was a supervillain-like character in a superhero RP on the Neopets forum. Never really developed it too much to bolster its cringe but it was basically Shade from DC/Shikamaru from Naruto who could control shadows and darkness. I had a 'mysterious' background and I was a self-proclaimed puppeteer of plots. I was quickly isolated out of stories because obviously I was a feodralord and kept trying to be the mc/big bad of narratives.

A decade later and my first real tabletop character was a goblin engineer who just wanted to make the coolest ride he could make. It was much better.
>>
>>52451504
D&D 3e
Half-elf fighter who fought with two weapons. Spent a good chunk of my skill points on craft.
>>
I like to think that most of the races I play are cringeworthy, but my DMs always seem to be fine with them.
>>
>>52451504
Marine biologist scion of poseidon borderline hippie ecologist. No I hadn't read JoJo yet.
>>
File: nain-naheulbeuk-19d6516.jpg (11KB, 247x153px) Image search: [Google]
nain-naheulbeuk-19d6516.jpg
11KB, 247x153px
>>52451504
Do you see the dwarf drom naheulbeuk?
I cloned him. Made him even more of a jerkass.
Asked my DM for op shit that I got as soon as level one.
He had no personality beside "dwarfkind fuck yeah", "fuck elves" and being the most greedy of murderhobos.
>>
>>52451504

Fflewedeur Fflam expy, pretty much detail for detail. So... I dunnno. Not very cringey at all? Pretty stereotypical bard.

>deeply glad you didn't ask about the second character
>>
Half-Elf Ranger from 3.5
Had an INT of 5, so I played him as the party dummy. Slept in trees instead of beds, because that's where he's always slept. I also played his Preferred Target: Lycanthrope as turning feral in thier presence and attacking them as a predator would. This fucked up our awful DM's railroading, as I ended up latching on to a werewolf scout and succeeded enough checks to hang onto it until it took me to its boss' lair, where I had to stay in a cell for 4 sessions so I oukdnt interfere with the plot.

Was weirdly prone to nat20s on called shots, which came in handy with taking out the werewolf's eyes when we had to make fucking silver to kill it thanks to us not knowing to buy some earlier.
>>
My first character was in a WoW themed D&D game. He was a Ranger ex-soldier who retired from the war and made a business hunting and selling hides, he was a bit of a rude boy but he had a liking for Orcs due to fighting alongside them. The game was cut short due to one particular player ruining it and everyone just stopped playing, but during the short campaign his achievements involved convincing the party to wear dead spiders on their heads to sneak through a cave full of giant spiders, fight off an entire bandit camp by sitting in one of the guard towers and covering the ladder in oil, and set a dwarven sorcerer's beard on fire
>>
>>52451504
My VERY first character?
D&D 3.5 - I was introduced to rpg very late...

Vanco, human thief.
A complete fuck up. I had no idea how the rules work, so I took bow/arrow feats, but never used anything else than daggers.
90% of my actions were "I look for traps or hidden mechanics."
>>
>>52451504
Dragonborn Paladin 4e. Wouldn't allow party to kill unconscious enemies, actually saved some enemies lives and they later worked for us. Was a feelsgoodman couple years with that group until we disbanded because college.
>>
>>52451504
I played DnD 4th ed when I was about 14, with a group of people who were also playing for the first time. I made a half-orc fighter named Rogal Dorn (I knew none of the group knew about 40k)...

The campaign had has little narrative as possible because no one wanted to roleplay. It was basically just shitty dungeon-crawling combat. Nobody's character really had a personality.
>>
Chaotic evil half elf that wanted the death of all elves.

It was bad but it only lasted a session so whatevs
>>
Douchebag dwarf who talked a lot of shit but ended up being a scheming coward when confronted with actual danger.
>>
>>52451504
My first character I remember was in a game at a little game shop in bike distance ofmy grandmother's house when I was a kid in the 80's. It was 1st edition I think, I remember being given an elf fighter/mage who could cast in full plate and thinking "Wow, this seems broken", and I've been bitching about game balance ever since.
>>
>>52451504
It was a generic dwarf. I abused a loophole in the DMs homebrew to turn him into a cannonball.

Managed to kill like 7 demons in one charge.
>>
>>52456049
That character sounds fucking amazing. Unique, good humoured, with severe and complex flaws.
>>
>>52461799
nice one
>>
>>52451504
Wandering healer who saved people from a curse by convincing them to kill themselves so he could bring them back with a clean slate.
>>
An orphan who was taken in by a wizard and physically abused. He later killed his adoptive father and now watched over the woods where he lived as a druid.
I can't believe I actually made this.
>>
>>52452947
I played an expendable mook guardsman that ended getting killed by a commissar for being too cowardly.
>>
>>52451504
Some Deathwatch marine who ended up blowing up half of an Inquisitorial ship, killing about 27,000 civilians, 1,000 crew members including marines, 750 guardsmen and storm troopers by shooting a relic in the middle of a Chaos ritual.
Which resulted in an entire forge being launched into space and crashing into said inquisitorial ship.

He jumped inside a giant mutant's mouth and detonated himself using 3 krak and 3 frag grenades...it was worth it.
>>
File: 1490634972439.jpg (454KB, 1171x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1490634972439.jpg
454KB, 1171x1347px
Uh, yeah, first characters, I've had one of those

please kill me I've been in multiple campaigns but always as the DM and never as a player
>>
>>524515040
Was Heroes Unlimited Alien (based off the Zentraedi) with an Alcohol and Cocaine problem and armed with an M-4 and Grenade Launcher. Problem was everyone else except my best friend (a bionic mercenary with PTSD and rage issues) was a Mary-Sue rip off of established Marvel Characters, who were all in Days of our lives relationships. The setting was Robotech meets Marvel (literally just superheroes turn up in Robotech world). We just wanted to blow up shit and rampage, which upset the others players and we were asked to leave the group.

Whilst happy to admit I was 'that guy' it was completely and utterly fun to play, and resulted in glorius moments like us (me and my friend) kidnapping a bad guys Grandmother when he had kidnapped a friend of the party and sending him her dead cat as a warning not to fuck with us (completely without party consent) and ram raiding a liquor store during an Alien invasion because with everything shut we figured we need booze. I really miss that character (and my friend's character).
>>
Arbuckle the wood elf monk. He was socially crippled, but he tries to be social and fails
>>
I made a dwarf rogue pugilist. I didn't know how anything worked so I gave him high strength and low dex. Always got spotted but was able to punch myself out of most situations
>>
File: 13266.jpg (87KB, 499x451px) Image search: [Google]
13266.jpg
87KB, 499x451px
He was just Don Quixote who would come back to reality when he drank and have a crippling existential crisis, which he would not remember when he sobered up.
He liked to drink.
>>
>>52451504

A wandering alchemist that was sort of a combination of Dr. Venture and Scrooge McDuck, a grouchy, greedy failure that sort of just stumbled in and out of adventures on his quest to run away from his problems and earn loads of dosh.

Didn't turn out nearly as bad as it could have been.
>>
File: 1490725364228.jpg (94KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1490725364228.jpg
94KB, 519x533px
>>52451504
Female night elf rogue
I am not female.
>>
my first character was badass
he was a warlock with this backstory about plotting revenge against a demilich
he got to like 10th level before we stopped playing
>>
>>52451504

Halfling rogue con artist who would've fucked over the rest of the party given the chance. Fortunately the campaign pretty much revolved around the GM's GMPC and asinine stories that removed any opportunity to do anything interesting so I didn't get the chance to become That Guy.
>>
>>52451504
>Freeform RP forum set in Warcraft
>literally couldn't into cosistency
>Kept changing race and skillset at random
>Lots of unconcentrated puberty feelings processed into incoherent posts trying to be as viciously bloodthirsty as possible

I am both glad and sad that that thread has been deleted. The shame is huge but on the other hand I'd love to reread my old posts for a good toenail curling cringe.
>>
>>52455813

This didn't seem too bad until I got to the end.
>>
Knight trapped in his armor that didn't really understand his battle was over
>>
File: 87kHVWl.jpg (463KB, 1280x1835px) Image search: [Google]
87kHVWl.jpg
463KB, 1280x1835px
>>52456049
>The Corpse, except as a character concept
That's fucking brilliant and I might just steal it
>>
>>52466632
>The best Hellboy story
Patrician taste
>>
>>52451504
A 2nd edition cleric with no real personality traits who only existed to kill the things and solve these somewhat asinine puzzles the dm made up. Putting actual thought into character arcs, personality, and narrative came later. .

the cringe part was being young and pubescent at the time

Command word Spell "Homosexulate" as in to spontaneously become a homosexual and hump the nearest goblin

Petty arguments about rules that really escalated

Drinking 3 liters of Mtn Charge and sneaking shots of barenjager from moms cabinet with the crew

pubescent sexual tension and white-knighting around women

well I was young.
>>
>>52451504
Human fighter named hektor cydonia, has the distinction of being the most vanilla character I ever played, nearly died from drinking what turned out to be essence of twig blight on a dare, my play out of his delusions that he was becoming a tree made my group instantly love me, to my own confusion as I was worried it was "lelsorandum"
>>
My first character was an Orc Fighter in Pathfinder that excelled in intimidation. He didnt do much else but scare people into submission. Fun times.
>>
>>52456822
unexpectedly made me kek
>>
>>52452581
No, that's goddamn adorable.
>>
File: 1460126919045.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1460126919045.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>52451800
>but all the other players ended up being so insane he became the voice of reason and morality.
This is nearly every character I've ever played.
>>
>>52456275
>random loot tables
why do people do this? I honestly don't get it
>>
Generic wizard goes necromancer to revive waifu.
>>
File: W9hcBmz.png (365KB, 640x447px) Image search: [Google]
W9hcBmz.png
365KB, 640x447px
>>52451504
The first RPG I played was a Brazilian tabletop Pokémon system based on 3d&t and my character was a trainer and he looked like Squall from FFVIII
... so yeah, the cringe level was very high.
>>
>>52451504

A scheming, psychopathic dwarf who's ultimate goal of revenge on everyone who ever insulted or defeated him is constantly thwarted by his alcoholism and general incompetence.

Once bought shittons of beer at an inn, convinced the owner to put it on his tab and burnt the place down to avoid paying it. Killed himself because he had magic metagmae knowledge of the DM wanting him gone.
>>
>>52451504

who is this bitch? is she some kind of stroke victim?
>>
>>52473051
She is Sara "Top of the Spectrum" Ryder from Mass Effect: Crapwalkmeda
>>
Not really. He was a traveling doctor, a cleric of Fharlanghn. Nothing special.
>>
>>52451504
I played a drunken dwarf slayer from warhams fantasy who usually went looking for whores whenever he reached a new town.

I was 14 or so at the time.
>>
>>52451504
>steel is heavier than feathers.gif
>>
Half elf moon druid who used his shapeshifting and druidic abilities to serve as a member of his country's spy corps while also serving as a sleeper agent for his druid conclave.

He also liked being a bird and setting things on fire when he had to.

I've never made as many potions as I did with that fool.
>>
>>52451504
Cleric of Pelor.
>>
>>52451504
Oh lawdy, my first character was a drow rogue assassin without that feat that makes you not suck in daylight. I encountered a human paladin, his dwarven cleric friend, and a female elf wizard. As an opponent of all good, I knew I must assassinate the paladin first. I hit him, did some sneak attack damage, and then he made his fort save. He then proceeded to smite me with each of his 3 attacks, I was very dead. I had that character for all of maybe thirty minutes.

Never played an assassin since, but I still attack the paladin first.
>>
My first character was essentially an orc with the backstory of Conan, barbarian class and everything.

It could've been much worse though
>>
File: 1428528349360.jpg (26KB, 236x624px) Image search: [Google]
1428528349360.jpg
26KB, 236x624px
>>52451504
Tiefling sorcerer from a mob family.

Then the DM made her dad Graz'zt and her into basically the antichrist.
>>
>>52451504
She was the typical "Dhampir, vampire hunter", exept she was an ultra feminine daddy's little princess type instead of edgy operator because she was raised by a retired monster hunter that looked and acted more like Santa Claus than Van Helsing.

Gameplay wise she was a typical Fighter-Rogue with superstrenght by night. Nothing fancy.
>>
>>52451504
Yes. A human wizard, fat and smug. Tried to justify the ability to pick locks by character's background. Thankfully, the game never happened. Didn't stop me from shitposting in the group chat, though.
>mfw would've been That Guy
In my defence, at least two other players wanted to make a dual wielding Drow ranger.
>>
Murderous drow rogue. Yeah, the edge was cringey, but he died in the first session and I quickly got over the edge.
>>
>>52451504
I insisted to play a monster rather than a regular player race
got what I wanted (the monster was not overpowered to begin with, so DM did not protest too much)

character was a fascist warmonger with a taste for human flesh
the edge was overwhelming
>>
>>52451504

Elf. Like old school d&d elf whose class was also "elf", with 3d6 for stats that I didn't get to assign, so there wasn't any character building at all. I just got a stat block and got to run with it.

Used a spear, bow, and some half-ass magic. Was actually pretty good for the flexibility. We barely did any role playing though, it was mostly a mechanical challenge of surviving dungeons than any sort of story.

More simple times.
>>
>>52451504
Playing Stars Without Number, he was a perpetually drunk Russian space pirate who was on the run for knocking up the pirate king's daughter and stranding her in a shuttle the next morning. He had a PPSH-41, a sabre and an 8-bit Soviet Union anthem as his ringtone. Honestly a lot of fun, bit stupid/cringy but taught me a lot of good lessons about roleplaying and characters
>>
>>52451504
Tiefling Wizard, wasn't particularly cringe, but also wasn't even finished putting together his spell list when a goblin smashed in my skull in the first combat. I guess rolling a 1 on my hit die and having no con made first level a bit more dicey than I understood back then.
>>
>>52451504
I made a 3.0 blaster sorcerer with a bastard sword. He liked AOE spells and buffing his combat abilities with magic.

I later learned more exciting battlemage options, but it took over a year to find a group where a character was more than a statblock that goes on adventures and that had an effect on me.
>>
>>52451504
Standard PH druid elf with blank personality in a group of weeds, so no.
>>
>>52451504

I draw a parrot and gave it a personality in kindergarten. Does that count?
>>
>>52452947

Glowing as in visible in the dark?
>>
>>52451504
When I was a kid, the characters I played in D&D were always blatant ripoffs or direct copies of characters from the last book I read, cartoon I saw, or video game I played. My first character was a red dragon named Smaug, since I'd just seen the animated version of "The Hobbit" and though Smaug was the coolest bad guy back then... my dad was the DM for my first several games and he allowed me play all kinds of stupid things even if they weren't allowed by the rules or in the rules at all, he just made stuff up as he went along. Fun times.
>>
>>52451504
Fourth son of a duke trying to make a name for himself so he can inherit because he refuses to plot against family. Very patriotic.

Nah, I just didn't roleplay him very well.
>>
an elf cleric named erika
I was 8 and in love with her

she died to a venomous centipede
i'll always miss her
>>
File: Gunners_stiletto_01.jpg (13KB, 600x192px) Image search: [Google]
Gunners_stiletto_01.jpg
13KB, 600x192px
I played a transmutation wizard with a metal wand that my DM let me use as a dagger
He liked throwing us in dream sequences to I carved small glyph everywhere I went because of that.
In the last session we played we woke up in a tavern and I ended up accidentally burning it down because I was so convinced it wasn't real
>>
File: ur254_elqvokzfke.jpg (106KB, 620x468px) Image search: [Google]
ur254_elqvokzfke.jpg
106KB, 620x468px
>>52451504
Cowardly wizard clad in full plate armor who had a 50% chance to fail every spell cast for the entire campaign.

Early on he acquired a magical metal (mithril?) quarterstaff that could shape-shift into other weapons/items of the same material and mass, but this also had a 50% failure chance thanks to his gauntlets (it would instead change into something we didn't need at the time, like a bucket in combat).

He eventually stopped being a pussy and became relatively adept in the ways of martial combat, but magic was his passion and he continued to watch his spells fail in exponentially spectacular ways.

Late-campaign he tamed a purple worm, which died valiantly in the final battle trying to consume the BBEG whole. The final hit came down to "If you fail this spellcheck it will absolutely kill you", which remains (after 21 years) the most tense die roll I've ever experienced in an RPG.
>>
A dwarf druid with a blue pigeon pet. The illustration was cringy, now that I remember...
>>
My first character was cheesy as fuck, but I'm still proud of him. He was a Dwarf-Fortress style dwarf: hyperactive, alcoholic, and violent when angered, but generally amicable. He had an adamantine longsword that was haunted by his (DF-style) vampire ancestor, who would come out of the sword and fight beside me like a Stand. This was a 4e D&D, playing a really poorly-balanced homebrew class my DM made for me for those purposes.
>>
>>52451504
Yep. It was basically Sephiroth with an army of light and dark elementals and a giant ziggurat that he lived in. He also used a double ended scythe as a weapon and could control time. Not even kidding.

Mind, I was like 13 years old at the time, and it was a freeform game ran by an equally cringeworthy friend for an equally cringeworthy group.

Everybody has to start somewhere.
>>
Conan but he was also a nobleman and could turn into a minotaur because of some weird celtic reference no one else got
>>
File: 1419437283819.png (426KB, 710x820px) Image search: [Google]
1419437283819.png
426KB, 710x820px
I'd already played lots of DnD vidya, so I sort of had experience with most normal races, I wanted to do something different.

Ended up rolling up a kobold rogue. His dragon overlord tasked him with leaving and not returning without 10 million gold to add to the dragon's horde for shits and giggles one day. The character of course took it deadly seriously, and left to become an adventurer.

I don't think I did so bad, other than the kobold part.
>>
>>52451504
it was a soulknife Drizzt knockoff...so yes?
>>
Goatfolk barbarian twin, paired with a other player. We made goat noises while we talked to others and talked normally when it was just us.

We didnt get kicked out but it was definitely off the table for a while after that.
>>
>>52452581
No?
>>
Generic dwarf fighter, died in the first session
>>
>>52451504
I was 12 and me and my friends absolutely LOVED Ebberon. So I decided to play as an Artificer named James Electrum. So I pissed of my DM by making Jimmy Neutron references the whole campaign. It was nice.
>>
Fresh from classic WoW I had decided to recreate my rogue in 3.5. A sneaky dagger wielding bastard who snuck into fights and stabbed like crazy.

He died in literally the first dungeon after trying to stab mummies. Almost got our warforged killed while I was at it.

Good times.
>>
I made an elf that hated everything below 5 feet. He did not last long
>>
>>52463140
really?
was there never anyone in your group who wanted to be DM because of this totally rad awesome idea?
>>
>>52451504
Lawful good noble fighter. Not the sharpest sword in the sheath. Fancied himself a charming talker and a womanizer. Diplomacy skills were on point, but he was an entitled sod. Went kinda south when our DM's brother and kindly Wizard "accidentally" slit a child's throat in front of its mother.
>>
Human Fighter who was past his prime

definitely top 5 characters i've ever played
>>
LN half-orc cleric. Seemed to be the voice of reason, often had to tell the paladin traveling with us that he should be acting more appropriately. He was a little wacky, he somehow acquired a really expensive pair of pants by finding them in the street before the start of the game and became really fixated on fashion as a result. However the campaign wasn't long-lived and it wasn't taken that seriously.
>>
my first character was a generic dwarf that sold his beard to a wizard to save a village
>>
>>52451504
CN Sun elf wizard. I played him as a selfish asshole, but otherwise nice guy. Once had him take control of tribe of yetis buy disintegrating their chief and rubbing his ashes on my face.
>>
An imperial guardsman.
Just a city boy, born and raised in the southern hemisphere of his agriworld. One day -motivated by a strong feeling of wanderlust- he snuk abroad a ship going anywhere. He was found almost innediatly after takeoff, the only reason why he wasn't executed was because he swore to join the guard if they let him live.
>>
>>52479751
That's right. It would dim and brighten in a steady pace too.
Being a teenager was a mistake.
>>
File: rape beast.png (22KB, 818x360px) Image search: [Google]
rape beast.png
22KB, 818x360px
>>52451504
>DnD3.5
>halfling rogue, only other player is a wizard
>first session, there's a brief period at night where we can each do our own thing
>immediately break into some random dude's house and murder him for his mundane belongings
>there was no session two
>>
>>52456946
>combat medic
>also doubled as the tank

Reminds me of the glory days in Killing Floor when medics where the best tanks.
>>
>>52453604
I'm going to think of your character as being so eager to help his fellows but his great strength caused him to bollocks it up in a hilarious fashion every damn time.
>>
Yes. He was a "purge all magic users because they can't be trusted" Inquisitor that fell to using dark magicks against the very things he hated, believing it to be the only way to purge them from the world.

He eventually fell to insanity and was killed by the party as he raved madly about needing to kill the party's sorcerer for her own good.
>>
>>52451504
Well, not at first. At least I don't think he was at first. I wanted to do something light hesrted and fun / easy so I made a bard named Bagfist McPiperton. He played bagpipes of course. He loved nature but didn't really like people. Eventually he got kind of cringe worthy cause I got sick of just being a support character and wanted glory so I kept trying to make him into a badass.
>>
>>52451504
I think I did alright. My first character was an old man fighter who wanted to die doing something useful rather than wasting away.
I had intended on playing him likely a friendly old guy who treated everyone like his grand kids, the dm had pretty much every npc be either an asshole or an enemy so he ended up being more of a godfather type, lots of implied threats
>>
>>52451504
God it was so cringy. I was a little edgelord so my DM agreed and let me make a Deva turned Rakshasa Sorcerer. Campaign got scrapped after the DM and one of our players got in a fight but it fun all around.
>>
>>52451504
An extremely loyal troubleshooter called Murder MC'Killspree. I was the teams hygiene officer which meant I was essentially a glorified maid. The teams default response to anything was to kill me or use me as a guinea pig, usually with lethal results. It got so bad that in the final session the GM granted me the power immediately come back to life when killed without needing a new clone and had to side with the final boss. They blew up the planet, leaving my character stuck in space eternally dying and resurrecting every few seconds.
>>
not quite first pc but
>first time gm
>make player roll to walk down a stairway
>the fail critically
>literally die before entering a dungeon
>>
First ad&d character was a dark dwarf thief/acrobat. He could go invisible psionically and enlarge himself as a wizard twice his level, also psionically. At fifth level that was enlarged at 100‰
>3'3”, now 6'6", psi-invisy, trained to backstab
He was a terror. Nothing really cringe worthy about him but he did use fingerless gloves because he dealt with traps so much.
>>
>>52451504

My first ever character was on a freeform roleplaying forum when I was like 11.

I dont even want to think about how badly I was writing back then, but even in those days I could recognise the people around me who were playing awful mary sues.

I was just playing a basic bitch elf swordswoman who was vaguely competent. The rest of the party were last-of-his-kinds and last-of-her-orders, and blocking-arrows-with-his-sword and all that shit.

She ended up with the last-of-his-kind winged elf and they had some kids, if I remember rightly.
>>
>>52451504
Hell no, Piotr was the best character I've ever had.
>>
>>52458322
>My SECOND character, on the other hand...
Continue please.
>>
>>52451504
Amorphous humanoid detective in noir futuristic setting? I wish I had more characters that interesting.
>>
>>52451504
My first character was a psionic hobo, who spent his time avoiding whatever governmental entity created him. He ended up going everywhere, and somehow found his way into being a teacher for a few years before being picked up by space pirates.

Traveler is weird.

He specialized in telekinesis, and was extremely dangerous with it.
>>
A frail old cyborg with bone disease dependant on constant medical attention in order to live. A brilliant scientist, though.

Tbh he's still my best character.
>>
>>52451504
Depends on the first
>First in a /tg/ "approved" system
Pathfinder Sorcerer cursed with bad luck, tried to smile through it but nothing he did was taken seriously due to a constant string of natural 1s
>First ever
Robot warrior in a DBZ stat-based forum game that constantly flip-flopped between Chaotic Evil and Lawful Good

At least the sorcerer became a meme
>>
File: 1972544.jpg (24KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1972544.jpg
24KB, 250x250px
>>52451504
my characters name was linguini with clam sauce.

Yes i was hungry that day. Yes it was D&D
>>
File: 1463114657694.png (637KB, 1022x544px) Image search: [Google]
1463114657694.png
637KB, 1022x544px
>>52451504
I played Ross Stronk a strong man from the northern tundras. He was the tank, the damage, and the humor for most the game.
When not impaling enemies with his mighty spear and throwing arm, he would impress the local women with his talent for picking things up and putting things down. One time the party was summoned to a temple to assist in some quest that Stronk didn't pay attention to (something about saving the spirit of the forest) anyway there was this rather cute sister of the temple reading on a marble stone bench, so naturally Ross went over and entertained her.
"Ahh little lady. I am Ross Stronk ze Stronk man. You have heard yes? Yeessss! I now perform for you."
He then proceded to unearth the marble bench and lift it above his head doing squats while the woman was still on it.
"You like yes? YESSSS you like!"
The woman was screaming non stop.

One of the many legendary tales of Ross Stronk.
>>
>>52451504
Paladin, Human, Male, 3.5
I designed him to be as boring and simple as possible
most of the party were dicks because "le chaotic neutral" and the one that was a cleric was a dick anyways and they would attack me for the dumbest reasons, and they knew it was my first game to make it worse

the summary of my characters story goes as follows
>when he was 9 his parents died from (generic plague)
>lived alone on a farm for 10 years
>found a abandoned wagon with old paladin equipment
>decided to go be a paladin
>goes to bar where dragon attacks
>turns out the party was part of a prophecy
>endgame is supposed to be we kill the dragon for the king, because the king is soulbound to the dragon and the last of his kind
>most of the party is chaotic neutral so they insult him and instead try to get the neighboring nation to declare war
>I don't like it so I sabotage them to try and prevent war
>I get discovered and leave the party
>meanwhile the party gets the neighbors to declare war on my country, the most powerful nation in the world
>their economy nearly collapses, they only lose soldiers, and surrendered after 7 days
>as they are discussing surrendering the neighboring nation is invaded by angels, and giants, because the party pissed them off
back to my pc
>after escaping the king gives me the rank of champion
>princess falls in love with me
>train and do quests with the princess to try and actually complete the story because the party is incompetent
back to party
>party decides to fight tarrasque
>due to bs the party wins in like two turns
>majora from zedla appears
>the reward from the tarrasque is this sentient dagger thing that erases time or something
>most BS annoying player gets the dagger and fierce deity mask from zelda(which literally makes him into a god)
>the next 10 sessions just become him jerking his ego
>then he lets go of his dagger so he can fuck his robot gf, not joking
(1/2)
>>
>>52500687

>dagger sees this as a opportunity and teleports to me and is now stuck to my hand
>after a session of trying to get rid of it, I learn its only evil if it hasnt made any time changes in a while
>use it to change the past, make king not soul bound, and save his species
>BBEG isnt the dragon anymore, but instead majora
>become king(which I was trying to avoid)
>dumb filler sessions
>bs player loses mask
>try to use the dagger to make the mask impossible to get to
>roll nat 1 which is supposed to erase me from existance
>put on the mask
>my pc comes back as a god on final session because it turns out that the dagger was actually the god of time, and he wanted majoras power, but he needed a body
>pc meets wife who doesn't even know he existed
>defeat BBEG
>wife makes a deal with the time god to let me come back

the entire motivation for my character was to just do something more than farming, and in a year of in game time he
>became a paladin
>became a spy
>became champion of a nation
>became prince
>became king
>became a god

and the campaign was a huge pain because of the other players, not because their characters wanted something else, but because they would gang up on me for the dumbest stuff ever, they would constantly be dicks, and they all knew it was my first campaign ever

I also learned that 3.5 can be fun, if the players arent complete dicks

the DM was a cool guy though
(2/2)
>>
>>52451504
My first character was a Paladin, my favorite piece of artwork was "A Paladin descending into hell", and I had to play a character like that.

He ended up getting eaten by Lions because I thought I could fight them without a scratch because
I was wearing metal armor. Oh to be 10 again.
>>
>>52451504
>tfw you have only GMed and never played a character
>>
>>52451504
Hemric the hammer-wielding Dwarven Fighter
>>
Did my best to make an elven ranger blade weaver straight out of Shadowbane.

It worked surprisingly well at the time. It required two weapon fighting and weapon finesse. Good at sneaky stabby, but that's about all.
>>
>>52451604
Same, the only interesting aspect I put on my guy was that he liked gambling. But he never got to gamble at all in any of the sessions I was in.
>>
>>52451504
Tall, muscular hermaphrodite lawyer with a horse cock and a can-dobattitude that likes drinking whiskey and smoking cigars. Still ERP as her regularly.
>>
>>52501231
>her
>>
Nope, it was a pretty generic half-elf cleric. I was ten or eleven at the time and simply didn't care much for edginess, all of our characters were in fact pretty standard and non-snowflake.

When I got back into D&D after some 10+ years of nothing, my first character was Urist, a dwarven cleric of Armok. Went with the war domain and roleplayed a blood-crazy dorf constantly trying to shit on elves, with all possible dorf fort stereotypes crammed into that. The backstory even included having escaped from a failed fort that got mysteriously flooded with lava after a siege has broken its walls.

Most of my characters have been made as foils and jokes/stereotypes rather than edgy snowflakes, the only more ***unique*** one was a literally insane wild magic sorcerer, who only cared about keeping his rat safe. Once I accidentaly killed the rat with a fireball centered on myself, I got bored and started looking for a way to kill off that character, which I then replaced with a sleazy conman of a bard, always trying to pawn worthless junk onto people, using crazy deception/persuasion rolls.
>>
>>52500702
This is probably the most convulted story I've ever heard
>>
>>52451504
Extremly cringe-worthy. Thankfully I never played one and I believe my group think me dead and forgot me for the second, so it's not THAT bad.
>>
>>52499775
Edgier than a bloodborne character and twice as gross. All on purpose, we were going for a cartoonishly evil exxaderation campaign.
Half-demon cannibal, had a half-angel half- sister, ate people, he's in love with his sister, wants to kill a bunch of really specific people, had heterochromia, the works.
Got luffy stretchy arms (for reasons I can't recall), had a golem that kept bits of enemies impaled on itself, with a minor stasis enchantment on it so that it would stay clean and the meat would stay fresh.
He was partnered with Halfling Hitler, Antipaladin, who made so many deals with demons even he doesn't know what's gonna happen. He also eventually became chef.
I can't actually remember the last party member

That one of my favorite campaigns, it was just so over the top edge that it looped around into childish nonsense.
>>
>>52451504
Kenku oracle of not-ameterasu
not really cringe cause i played it straight

but i got into a duel because i refused to execute a prisoner and almost died when the prisoner tried to escape.
>>
>>52501284
Why would my hermaphrodite not have tits and identify as a woman? It's the option with the most compatability.
>>
>>52501901
>exxaderation
>>
>>52502101
Yeah, I wanted to exaggerate how much exaggerating we did :^)
>>
>>52451504
A drunken dwarf lumberjack...who thought the trees were trying to kill him. I accidentally murdered a cop first session.
>>
>>52451504
A giant robot armed DH1e scum. I had no idea what i was doing and my friends walked me through it all. He wasn't really cringey, mostly just Gruffy McGruffgruff who was an alcoholic and did stupid shit while drunk. Like trying to pilot an Imperator Titan.
>>
>>52451504
A ninja serial killer... Well, really, just a ninja. She mellowed out eventually.
>>
File: 1T2EHxu.jpg (108KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
1T2EHxu.jpg
108KB, 750x574px
My first character was Drago Wrexus. the level 6 half dragon(black) barbarian/warblade with a dead father. a missing mother (the dragon) and a life of wandering around as a mercenary.even formed his own little group which almost entirely killed off in thier first outing. so he was defensive and brooding. wound up knocking up a sorceress then getting murdered by his Half brother (an infernal juvenile black dragon that killed the rest of his brood to prove he was the alpha)
>>
>>52451504
He was a fairly standard LG paladin always trying to take the hits for the squishier party members and challenging the baddies to single combat all the time (though it never worked).

Wasn't a Lawful stupid that guy paladin either thankfully. Not very interesting all in all.
>>
>>52451504
I played a Psyker in Dark Heresy back in early high school. Missed the memo that said Psykers were supposed to be self-flagellating monks, so I ended up being the master torturer/interrogation expert with a crazy powerful degree of pyromancy.
>>
Chinese immigrant railroad worker. 1st session consisted of yelling gookspeek at our DM and feeding our retarded meat-shield rock candy.
>>
>>52451504
It was a long time ago in a homebrew game that me and my friends played in middle school.

He was a "Water Wizard" that always got in to trouble and had to be pulled out of situations constantly.
>>
>>52451504
Half Elf Dual Wield Warrior.

Kill me now.
>>
>>52451504
Lawful Neutral Dwarf Cleric of St. Cuthbert. That was pretty much all there was to him.
>>
>>52451504

My first character was a complete rip of Scorpion from mortal kombat when I was 14.
>>
>>52457885
Thats a real disease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTxYXBi2Tpw
>>
>>52451504
ork cook
brety boring
>>
Human rouge, utterly incompetent kept losing everything he owned, didn't feel he needed to take the paladins orders, survived 5 tpks though sheer luck and stupidity, so not really cringe?
>>
File: 1468509146027.jpg (202KB, 1125x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1468509146027.jpg
202KB, 1125x1125px
>>52451504
Emmerich the Illusionist.

A thief that pretends to be a spell-caster but was really just good at slight of hand and persuasion.

The character was extraordinarily weak in combat situations and the only goal I had with him was to see how long I could go before NPCs or party members figured out that I wasn't actually able to cast any magic.

Not sure if that's a tryhard character.
>>
>>52512253
How did you get around combat situations where you were expected to cast spells?
>>
>>52512265
either pretended that I was casting a ritual which usually has a longer casting time or was casting a spell that took multiple turns.

It really took a long fucking while before people got suspicious of me.
>>
My first character was a LG cleric of Pelor. I wanted to be a paladin, but the party said I should be a cleric, because healing. So I played him like a Paladin, where I would always try to convince the party to do the right thing, helping others without need of pay, healing sick people, etc. At one point early in the campaign, I gave out 10k gold pieces to the poor of the city, because I didn't need the money for anything, so why hoard it?

Cringiest thing I did was probably have my character and my gf's character fall in love and get married.

Then my character sacrificed himself to save the party from being vaporized by a demon at the end of the campaign. The poor considered him a saint, and the party used the land we had earned by saving the day to build an adventurer's hall, as well as a home for my widow, and they helped raise the child.

The half-elf daughter made an appearance as a cleric of Pelor in the next campaign we played, wearing her father's cracked and worn holy symbol.
>>
>>52451504
Exalted. Bog standard edgy mccoolguy assassin who I played as chaotic stupid.
That game didn't last long, fortunately.
>>
>>52451504
My first character (AD&D) was a Halfling named Nuggin, because "Nuggin" sounded like "Nugget", as in "Chicken Nugget" which was my favorite food.

I was like, 8.

I don't remember much else except he was a Green Grocer's son (I chose that because I really wanted my parents to go to the grocery store and buy us more food). I think he loved eating bread and made a living punching bullies. He had 18 STR I think? Forget all the other deets.
>>
>>52451504
I don't remember my first. My first and only ERP character was a priest though.
>>
>>52481954
Additional detail just remembered; He was also an elf in a D&D-like setting who stood a head or two taller than most humans, because my only prior experience with contemporary fantasy at the time was Tolkien. The DM and other players didn't see where I was coming from and thought it quite silly to consider an elf who wasn't a manlet.
>>
The super edgy "darth corva". I ended up being the most clumsy jedi in existance.
>>
File: 1446747608453.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446747608453.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>52451504
edgy moritat assassin from Dark Heresy, affiliation for changing his name and hair colour, bit of a midlife crisis and teetered on the edge of death far too much.

Wouldn't call it cringe inducing, wasn't even that edgy in all honest, was like 15ish at the time and just went around doing random shit with a greatsword. Everyone took the piss out of his first name cos it sounded like urine though (was actually Jorin) :(
>>
>>52451504
>Dragonborn paladin
>was shit at roleplaying so he ended up as a total autist fixated on 'muh justice' and ended up leading around a train of criminals he'd apprehended because none of the proper authorities wanted them

Wasn't great but I suppose it could have gone worse.
>>
>>52468537
The DM had a penchant for doing no prep outside of the overarching plot, hence the rolling on a loot table after wrapping up act 1 of the campaign. Since then Greg has singlehandedly broken a couple of boss fights, so I think he's learned his lesson.
>>
File: 1346627969361.jpg (281KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1346627969361.jpg
281KB, 800x600px
>>52451504
Picture Solid Snake as an alcoholic Ewok
>>
First RPG character was a 5E Half-Orc paladin. Born as the result of a diplomatic marriage that his human parent was "volunteered" by the local government for. He joined the city militia to do something productive with his violent nature. In the end began worshiping Heironeous for related reasons, and took to it REALLY well. Not too bad as far as I can tell.

Now, my first "OC" EVER, on the other hand... freeform forum RP. Mercenary and occasional insurrectionist, very "edgy libertarian" attitude, and (the ONE redeeming trait) paranoid to a hilarious and self-destructive degree. God-mode power armor, a personal spaceship with the firepower of a battleship, and every weapon imaginable (all of which, of course, he was quite skilled with). A real /k/ Mary Sue of a character.
>>
>>52451504
Shitty detective with a fucked up arm he kept in a sling. Hid other things in the sling as well for quick access. Other party members included a dwarf with a tendency to ram things into other things, and a man too strong for his own good.
>>
>>52451504
neo-nazi gnome who believed in forest gnome superiority and wanted to genocide all rock gnomes
>>
>run-of-the-mill 3.0 Ranger with a wolf pet
>Heavyhoof Bastard-Born
>half-elf raised in eleven society
>constantly bantered, got into a lot of fights (which he mostly won what aging/maturing faster. Thinks Guts beating on Fag-boy for reference) defending his mother who was considered the town whore
>sets off to adventure when he discovers his Father isn't dead (as his mother told him) but is in fact a high-ranking officer currently in a campaign against the undead scourge
>sets off to help defeat the undead so his father can come back to their community and restore his mother's honour (and to give him a black eye for even abandoning her)

About a 6/10 cringe factor
>>
>>52451504
Still playing my first character. She is turning out pretty cool. Currently riding a bear into battle for shits and grins (and dank bear mauling).
>>
>>52451504
My first character was a Half Amethyst Dragon Iaijutsu Samurai for a 3.5 game. I got a circus performer pregnant and ran off with her to escape the party's evil-wizard dad.
>>
File: enough.png (1MB, 700x437px) Image search: [Google]
enough.png
1MB, 700x437px
>>52451504
Wait a minute, wait a minute. You ain't seen nothin' yet.

https://www.roleplaygateway.com/jak-vitharn-t7154.html
>>
File: bendo.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bendo.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>52528306
>Age: 1000, but looks 57
>Class: Assassin

oh no

oh

no
>>
>>52458816
>Forever GM here though
The pain we know...

First character was a 2E weretiger fighter in a half 2E, half 3E homebrew game. Started out at 5th level. Had a fire sickle and a ice sickle. Ran into do some draconians and lost one or both of them, can't remember, it's been nearly two decades...
>>
>>52451504
Completely incoherent. "Drunken master" style Dampir monk who bragged about his father beating him and was drunk the entire time. He had MAD rolls and I wasted them. Still did cool shit like wrestle a wercrocodile and win.
>>
File: 1490726662724.jpg (14KB, 231x263px) Image search: [Google]
1490726662724.jpg
14KB, 231x263px
>>52461846
Please tell me you're a woman. Any woman who knows that reference must be perfect.
>>
I Had a warblade/swordsage guy built with two weapon fighting, crits, and the stance that gives a stacking bonus for crits.

His actual, given name was supposed to be "buzzsaw."

His parents were dead, and he looked like a wombat.
>>
don't remember his name, but he was a dragonborn warlock. I was pretty young when I first played him so he was kind of randumb, but I don't regret it one bit. He'll always have a special place in my heart as a rowdy lizard guy who made a deal with the devil, and carries around the corpse of a demon on his shoulder. Maybe I'll rework him eventually and try playing him again.
>>
>>52483503
>other than the kobold part.
Kobolds are actually my favorite race to play on the occasion a DM lets me do so.
>>
>>52451504

Half-elf rogue. Had some weeb name. Fell in love with a Human Fighter, another PC, through some OOC and just to fuck with her brother, the DM
>>
>>52451504

Just a standard Dwarf Fighter who was adventuring for profit, mainly to provide for his family.
>>
>>52451504
>boring forgettable human fighter No.8543
>>
>>52456275
I was dwarf fighter whose AC became similar after about as much time, but because of a random buff rune that turned him into wood. He's shown up a few times as a Dwarf living amoung elves. Pretty bland aside from the wood thing.
>>
File: 1451262441121.jpg (123KB, 721x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1451262441121.jpg
123KB, 721x1107px
The cringiest thing about her was that I wrote in that she had an obsession with learning magic or obtaining magic items to justify my out of character thirst for them due to her father (an elf adventurer that skipped town a few months after laying with her mom) supposedly being a mage and having seen fuck-all magic in her bumfuck village.
Wait, no. The cringiest thing was probably the Reaper Bones model that I painted using cheap acrylic paints I got from my art class's cabinets. At the time, it was far more impressive than the white blanks or Lego minis others brought, but now it's a reminder of how far simple actual tutorials and supplies can take you.
>>
>>52529109
Pics of the actual model, faggot.
>>
>>52451504
2E Halfling Rogue

Died falling down a 40ft hole after trying to climb down, despite having 40ft of rope.
>>
>>52529189
>>
>>52529226
Yeah, that's terrible, but good for you for delivering and for going that extra mile for the game anon.
>>
File: 1464850340565.png (956KB, 1200x939px) Image search: [Google]
1464850340565.png
956KB, 1200x939px
>>52529357
The game lasted for two sessions, and the only notable thing that happened involving my character was in the first round of combat when the party warlock crit failed a ranged attack and the DM declared it hit and broke my character's belt, dropping her pants, in a group of normie geeks that already thought it was ridiculous I was playing a female character
>>
Dragonborn born a slave in a gladiator arena and forced to fight until he won his own freedom. Didn't have a name so people in the arena named him "Firelord" because of how he finished his enemies with his fire breath. Left arena to become adventurer. Met party who became his friends and brothers and traveled the lands doing quests. He also had an interest in magic so he started learning magic (5e eldritch knight).
I loved that character because it was my first ever character in D&D and there were always fun situations and roleplay.
Ended up being backstabbed by the Neutral Good gnome druid because we mocked him (even if it was in a friendly way). He also backstabbed Firelord's best friend (another PC who is shittons fun to RP with).
Turns out the fat virgin neckbeard druid player was autistic.

Only possible thing cringy is that I basically roleplayed myself because I had no experience at RP at the time.

RIP FIRELORD
>>
A sniper rilfe equipped hobo in post-apocalypse GURPS with a maid fetish. Tried to put the maid clothes on any woman i saw. Half a party ended up dead.
>>
>>52451504
GM handed me a character sheet, told me I was a natural born werewolf. And that I was the fiance of the princess of the land, who's soul was shattered and cast across the dimensions.

Later found out the whole game as a D&D game of Tsubasa. I played that werewolf like a boss, ended up becoming a mercenary king on another world. Literally lead an army across the cosmos to find my fiance's soul pieces. Game ended before we found them all, but it was fun.
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.