[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 45

File: 1460619083323.png (124KB, 442x423px) Image search: [Google]
1460619083323.png
124KB, 442x423px
Previous thread: >>52432820
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/princes-gambit-joy-exalted-plans-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What clan/bloodline/tradition/tribe etc.. would you like to be ported over?
>>
>>52442026
No, there is no stopping an Archmage at that point.
>>
>>52442233
I think we all know exactly what would stop you at this point.

>New Private Message from M:TA Storyteller
>"I'm sorry but my game is not a good fit for your play style :( I hope you find another game that works better for you!"
>You have been removed from group M:TA game
>>
>>52442202
I wanted to see Lasombra ported over as a Ventrue bloodline but Obtenebration was wasted on some Muslim bloodline of Mekhet
>>
>>52442279
Obten was a mistake.

It should have been a blood magic like koldunism. Exclusive to the small group of Abyss Mystics.
>>
>>
File: GandalfLoreal.gif (214KB, 443x190px) Image search: [Google]
GandalfLoreal.gif
214KB, 443x190px
>>52442382
He likes
>>
>>52442279
Lasombra as Nos bloodline with extra Discipline Dom
Obtenebration as a Devotion of Pot and Night. Forcing the nightmares into the real world
>>
So can we talk about Changeling the lost for a whole thread? Please?

Kiths are pretty fucking neat
>>
>>52442476
I figured that Lasombra as a Ventrue bloodline would be fitting albeit ironic as they were reflections of one another in vtm.
>>
>>52442693
I wish there were more approach examples, I'm having a hell of a time coming up with good ones.
>>
>>52442693
Sure. I never played it though I'd like to. It legit sounds to be the most interesting splat out there to me
>>
>>52442697
How's that ironic? They're not even real reflections of each other, neither are good or anything. They're just... the same with different powers and sect.
>>
File: callthelamprey.jpg (53KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
callthelamprey.jpg
53KB, 360x500px
>>52442345
Obt is pretty terrible in VtES if that's any consolation
>>
>>52442716
The irony would come from Ventrue finally subsuming Lasombra from an out of game perspective. Their powers, historical background, and role in their respective sects are obvious parallels. How well it's actually executed leave much to be desired.
>>
File: 1487896461356.jpg (34KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487896461356.jpg
34KB, 332x500px
>>52441531

>I look up to vampires written by SJWs and get butthurt when you remind me how effortlessly you destroy my heroes. I'll be good Mr. Mage, please don't turn me into a lawnchair.
>>
Keep last thread in the last thread
>>
>>52442854
>>52442716
They were both the same-ish. Dominated focused social splats
Venture were the Defense
Lasombra were the Offense

>>52442697
nah mate, Lasombra are scary scary evil shadows. Without a reflection. Perfect Bane for a Nos. They already have Vigor vtm Pot. and Nightmare. and then you make a series of devotions based on Night+Vigor+Obfuscate for shadow tentacles. Making them Lasombra proper would just require adding Dom into the mix
>>
So a couple threads back someone recommended looking up some videos about 'real' magical traditions to get a better understanding of how the Arcana work in 2e. I found a video about Hermetic sorcery and it gave me a bunch of ideas on what I could do with matter, space, and mind magic.

What are other magical traditions that would be useful to look up? Shamanism is a given for spirit magic obviously.
>>
>>52443019
You already tried paganism/druidism right?
>>
>>52443029
I have not. I'll look at that as well.
>>
>>52443019
Start a thread on /his/ about it. There's a regular who goes by Ape of Thoth who is extremely well versed in occultism who hosts regular threads. If you're lucky, he might be around, or someone might have a link to his book stashes.
>>
Any opinions on Prime? Of all the arcana it's the one I'm having the hardest time wrapping my head around.
>>
Why do people always say werewolves shit all over vampires? I honestly never read much about werewolves, so I just assumed they were retard strong wolfmen. Do they get some kind of bullshit reality bending magic like mages? Vampires get all kinds of crazy powers, so I can't see how muscle furries stomp them.
>>
Anyone interested in spitballing ideas for 2e Changeling courts & freeholds?
>>
>>52443193
They get very nice regeneration and good stat buffs.

The problem with building vampire for combat is that you relevant powers are far and wide so you need a lot of exp to build murder machine. This isn't problem when you are building an elder but for neonate or ancilla this can be tricky.
>>
>>52443193
>Do they get some kind of bullshit reality bending magic
Yes.
>>
>>52443140
Prime is pretty good for revealing secrets throwing off illusions. or finding the general idea of what you're looking at. Like a knowing spell directed at a door would yeild Portal.

I guess you can use it as an All Seeing Eye. or like the Lens of Truth from Zelda

Mana management is pretty good. Dispellation is top tier verses other mages. It's the Metamagic sphere. Holy Fire is pretty good.
>>
>>52442202
Ech maybe sorta kinda could use Tzimisce as nosferatu-ordo dracul bloodline or something like that
>>
So have any of you guys import stuff from other works of urban fantasy into your owod/cofd games? Or even from outside the genere?
>>
>>52443193
Ignore the haters. Wolfs and vamps have slighty different tools.
>owod
wolfs are war machines, their entire starting kit is murder. Vamp has to work overtime to match. Possible but not worth discussion
>cod
Actually they can be comparable. Vamps get free damage tier reduction in kit and can buy straight out damage reduction. Wolfs get stat boosts and regen in kit. They both get interesting tools and tricks.

The difference between a rage mode vamp and a rage mode wolf can be a bit hard to differentiate.(its the fur) Vamp get straight stat buffs to their physicals and Wolfs get up front stats and healing.

And with clash of wills against their different powers it's quite a dodge dodge parry thrust doing it again fight.

More interesting than owod. the problem in owod being the different system assumptions the two splats took. and wolf being a pure war game while vamp had more of a cloak and dagger set up.
>>
>>52443353
Good writers mimic
Great writers steal
>>
How much of a threat would shackling a changeling in cold iron be? Is it considered too cruel? If someone actually does it would they become public enemy number 1 in the freehold?
>>
>>52443362
Actually I was reading WtF 2ed yesterday while building antagonist for my vtr game and wasn't so impressed with gifts. Yeah they do cool stuff but so do disciplines and devotions. Biggest problem in a straight fight is overcoming werewolfs regeneration really
>>
>>52443390
Then I probably should admit what I've stolen outright in my games.
White Court from Dresden Files for Psychic Vamps(this is still work in progress)
Continental/High Table from John Wick for Vampires
This are some of the conscious choices on my part
>>
>>52443467
>werewolfs regeneration
Aye but remember
wolfs only regen bashing per turn unless they spend essence to heal lethal. Wolfs take damage as humans do.
vamps can spend blood to heal two bashing or one lethal. Vamps also have damage reduction most lethal damage sources only deal bashing to vamps
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw1DTDSlQRE
Space is completely bullshit, isn't it?
>>
>>52443566
All the arcana are utterly bullshit but yes space can do some hilarious shit.
>>
>>52443504
Nice
In my hunter game I basically stole the car Christine from Stephan King. And stole the entire plot of the Cat Lady as a Geist plot
>>
>>52443593
What game did you use Christine for?
>>
>>52443586
Though I wonder how much of the "turn some of the frontings in a random street into a giant crusher while using the rest of them as a battlefield" thing was Space and how much of it was Matter.

I mean the bit were those two mooks got fed into an endlessly tessellating piece of doorway decoration was most likely a pure space thing.
>>
>>52443617
A hunter game. Basically the ghost of auto tech that got crushed in an industrial accident haunted the car and plotted revenge. The hunters talked to the local gangs and prostitutes and found the garage of the fatal event. They climbed into a hole in the cement and found an other twilight world. They went in freed the ghost from torment and saved the day. They got the worker's comp into the hands of the mechanics next of kine which put the spirit to rest.
>>
>>52443631
In the movie most of the warping effects happened inside the 'mirror realm' which is analogous to an emanation realm used by space based legacy.

If you did that kind of warping in real space you'd be doing natural disaster levels of destruction.

e.g. Change the down directional vector of a building would collapse damn near any structure since we engineer buildings with the assumption that the direction of gravity ain't changing.
>>
>>52443631
>>52443586
>>52443566
>Mirror realm
If I were to use it I would model it as an advanced squaring the circle mage duel. The world is still there, the mages are just fighting in a fractal reflection of the world. Visually it's very pleasing
>>
>>52442233
I'm just poking my nose into this general but why do some people get angry about the very idea of super powerful godwizards existing in the setting?
>>
>>52443719
Makes cross over games kind of a bitch. Which throws a wrench into trying to create a united world of Darkness where each splat is represented.

But mostly everyone has a favorite splat that they are emotionally invested in and mages tend to have enough power to wreck most things 1v1. Some Mage players let this knowledge go to their head which is extremely fitting.

Fuck Beasts.
>>
>>52443700
>If you did that kind of warping in real space you'd be doing natural disaster levels of destruction.
Especially with all the bullshit that Kaecilius wrought upon New York.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jGkGBsvm_0
>>
>>52443674
Nice. Never run a Hunter game but I guess I would try playing with stuff like that in it instead of monster hunting
>>
>>52443719
When it comes to playability, mages in-general are at the top of the totem pole, whilst archmages are ~above and beyond~ the rest by a huge margin, and certainly unfathomable in terms of maximum theoretical potential.
Ascension / Awakening are the game-lines with the most 'oomph' because of the core theme of absolute power and hubris it entails.

Naturally this will bother some and more. Bias is the death of immersion, and there is no escaping it.
>>
>>52443836
Surprisingly, if you translate it to Mage mechanics there isn't actually that much magic in the movie. .

It was mostly artifact usage and pacts with entities from the abyss/lower depths.

Kamar-taj could be an Adamantine Arrow mystery cult.
>>
>>52442958
no wank
>>
>>52443882
Mage's theme is just enough rope to mess up and hang yourself with
>>
>>52444029
Honestly there is a lot of talk about power but once the mage gets uppity
>'knock knock' General sends his regards
>>
>>52443837
You got run it like a PI Novel or a cop drama. or A scooby due episode.
Spooky shit.
Investigation.
haunted house.
fight the monster.
Case debrief.

Each scene should point to the next with clues and situational awareness. This is kind of my basic story structure. It's worked pretty good for me.
>>
>>52444101
Sounds reasonable.Maybe I will try it one day thou this scooby due episode...
>...in reality Prince is a Strix!
>Damn Lucifuge! I would get away if not for you meddling hunters
>>
>>52444101
>A scooby due episode.
"I'm gonna Swooce Right in!"

Turns out that the "Shaggy" of this particular cell of Hunters is actually an Unchained.
>>
>>52444065
yeah you piss off too many people, bad things start happening. doesn't matter the splat. Remember how Scarface ended? Tony fucked up that senator job real good. and snorted his own supply. the Columbines came for his ass
>>
>>52444181
PI Novel
>The night was cold as dead mans hands....
Vampire:
>You know I can hear you when you are narrating to yourself aloud?
>>
>>52444216
This.

A vampire is going to get fucked if it pisses off a Cabal of mages or a Pack of werewolves.
>>
>>52444262
or a single mage pissing off a coven of vampires
or a single wolf pissing off a group changeling

Do you see the Key characterization ?
>>
>>52444278
In general being alone in Cofd or Wod is a bad idea.

I had this idea after few recent threads about vamp-changeling crossover where changeling courts of the city get fucked over by true fae and loyalists and then one of surcviving changelings decides to weasel into vampire society for protection
>>
>>52444262
A single mage has the capacity to fuck with a whole pack or coterie.
>>
>>52444298
I remember that. And that actually made me thing of the reverse situation. A Freehold adopting a small vampire group and starting a new court story.
The Drac court. That are about retelling the great vampire stories across literature still need to work on it though, but I like it as a cross splat story
>>
File: MageObrimos.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
MageObrimos.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
>>52444302
>>
>>52444336
I actually like the idea. You should actually work on that.
>>
>>52444336
I don't know that much about Changeling. I take it other supernaturals can enter hedge, visit goblin markets and so on?
>>
File: HoldTheDoor.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
HoldTheDoor.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>52444378
As long as a changeling holds the door, so to speak

>>52444365
Thanks I want to work on it after I finish up the vampire story I'm running.
>>
>>52444365
I too like this idea.

It's clearly another way to include Count Count.
>>
>>52444399
>As long as a changeling holds the door, so to speak
>Holds the Door.
>That image
You do realize that this could lead to a Hodor Changeling? Because this is exactly how you get a Hodor Changeling.
>>
File: Hodor.gif (742KB, 358x182px) Image search: [Google]
Hodor.gif
742KB, 358x182px
>>52444437
>Cold touched Troll
I honestly don't see the problem
>>
With so many flamewars about mage supremacy, I don't see why there's no character out there yet who's simply an immature fedoroid, claiming he's "overflowing with cosmic power" but not using it for much besides petty vengeance on his school bullies and living out immature sex fantasies with girls he had a crush on in high school.
Oh, right, because it's exactly what the people who always talk about long, complex, risky ways to become all-powerful would do. That would be a self-insert, and that's just bad taste - but then again we're lucky that mage supremacists cringe fearfully away from the tiniest bit of self-awareness.
>>
Can Ochemata be full fledged individuals? I find the idea f an archmaster creating a complete duplicate of herself to live her mortal life intruiging. Will the Ochemata love her creators' famly and friends. Would an Ochemata sleeping with her creators husband be infidelity?
>>
>>52445002
Thanks for feeding the magefags. You're an exquisite delicacy.

Perhaps a bit too much salt tho.
>>
>>52445249
There's a very high likelihood that her creator's husband and even former life no longer exists. So this isn't really a question that needs answering.
>>
>>52442202
>What clan/bloodline/tradition/tribe etc.. would you like to be ported over?
Not even a big vampire fan, but I wish Requiem had the Tzimisce in it.
>>
Last night in my Mage game, our Cabal went up against a Living Spell

For anyone unaware, living spells are the first tier of Archmastery's Magic. Essentially it is an Imago, an idea for a spell, that changes itself over time to achieve a goal better. A Forces 6 "kill a motherfucker" spell could start with the intent to deal raw damage, but then it could mutate when the spell notices a loose brick in a building to drop on the guy's head

We aren't terribly sure what exactly it was doing. Pretty sure it was attempting to erode the barriers between our world and a section of the lower mysteries called The Mists. It's a section full of old seer made war-monsters called Night Creatures that are trying to claw their way back into the flesh world at the behest of their master, an old, corrupted mage known as The King of Mists. I'm pretty sure the king cast the spell, but there is no confirming that without us knowing the King's nimbus and examining the site where the spell happened in detail. Which ain't happening because lol Mysterium mega-sanctum
>>
>>52443882
>playability

That's an interesting interpretation.
>>
>>52445249
Don't Ocehmata gradually destroy the bodies they take? Something about how mortals can't handle the sheer weight of even a fraction of their existence or something.
>>
>>52445002
That's because mages tend to smack their apprentices when they act like that so they don't lose wisdom
>>
>>52445656
Not even that, but I'm pretty sure some of that stuff is actually illegal, at least in Awakening. The Precept of Hubris forbids using magic to harm people for no reason. I don't think a Consilii would take petty revenge and gawkish sex to be good reasons.
>>
>>52443719
Honestly, the only thing that pisses me off are the posters, and how fucking smug they are. They're like that one kid who got the coolest version if a toy everyone had, rubbed it in everyone's face and ultimately made everyone hate the thing in question.
>>
>>52445782
This isn't the Dresden Files, a mage will fuck over anyone.
>>
>>52445791
You ever know for a fact that you're right about a certain something? Yet even then, some biased asswipe adamantly refuses to concede and acknowledge said fact, like a southern religious bigot?

That's the life of a magefag.
>>
Which Splat fits Black Manta?
>>
>>52445819
That's actually a very good analogy. Still doesn't change the "fact" that they don't shut up about things.
>>
>>52445791
Poison is the only way to deal with Mage players.
>>
>>52445797
Anybody can commit a crime, but you have to be some degree of competent to get away with it. A fucktard who brags about his magic and uses it to live out his insipid fantasies won't last very long.

And wizards in the Dresden Files try to fuck people over all the time, what are you talking about?
>>
>>52445890
>doesn't know about the Dresdenverse laws of magic
>>
>>52445819
Doesn't change the fact that mage fags are grandiose faggots and make ut impossible fir these threads to be about anything else

I could give a shit less if you're rigt. If you're an asshole I'm gonna ignore you or outright refute everything you say
>>
>>52445819
Have you considered that knee jerk reaction people have to magefags is because they are smug douches that chime in even if conversation does not involve mage? And that even if magefags have some merit people will refuse to concede because that would mean agreeing with smug douche?
>>
>>52445890
Mages can get away with a LOT of mundane things, anon. They can murder easily without getting caught, it's one of their specialties.
>>
>>52445782
Mages, one and all, are more like nuclear nations that use the Consilium as a way of *not* blowing each other up over every major(and minor) thing. A mage knows damn well what kind of power they have access to, and they also know what every other mage can do. At most, they might face ostracism from the greater mage society, but more likely just from mages in the area. If you think another mage is doing something you don't like, put your busybody-meddling- big-boy pants on and go confront them about it. Just remember that they have access to supernal magic, same as you and might have friends, same as you.
>>
File: Manta'sPoirposeInLife.jpg (497KB, 908x2207px) Image search: [Google]
Manta'sPoirposeInLife.jpg
497KB, 908x2207px
>>52445859
Hunter.

He's made it his entire life's goal to harrass, annoy, terrorize, aggrieve, inflict sorrow upon, and eventually murder a single "supernatural" individual.

To achieve this, he's murdered dozens, if not hundreds, of innocents, committed countless crimes in numerous countries, retained the services of innumerable henchmen, lost quite a few battle submarines and other heavy equipment, all so that he, a mortal man, can extinguish his most hated non-mortal-man foe from the Earth. Eventually.
>>
>>52445913
Without getting caught by mortal authorities, sure. But what kind of games do you run where a mage who runs around breaking precepts doesn't get punished by the Consilium officials? Bragging about his magic and risking the veil doesn't help either.
>>
>>52446193
It really depends. Most mages aren't going to care.
>>
>>52446207
But what about the mages who literally make it their jobs to uphold the Consilium laws and protect the veil?
>>
>>52446242
Then they care.
>>
>>52446207
Sure, but the Guardians of the Veil will care, a lot. And by care, I mean violence. The Guardians come down like a pile of bricks on exactly that.

Abuse the sleepers? Whatever.

Threaten the veil by being obvious? LUBE UP
>>
>>52446254
There's also your local Consilium. The laws are going to vary.
>>
>>52446282
Precepts are laws found in nearly every Consilium, and hurting people with magic for no reason and risking the veil are against the precepts.
>>
>>52446254
The mage's veil is pretty robust and needs very little outside reinforcement, unless the mage in question is being crazy and letting loose paradox and horrors everywhere. Mages simply don't care about sleeper laws all that much, DaveB even had NPCs that were gang members and criminals in his games.
>>
>>52446294
I wasn't referring to that specifically, more so in-general the laws for any given Consilium are going to vary. Relinquishing spells unsafely is considered illegal in many, for instance.
>>
>>52446332
I agree entirely. The issue is the Guardians of the Veil don't like it when you reveal magic to the public. Break sleeper laws all you like, just not mage laws.
>>
>>52446332
In that same game he also had one of his characters get the third degree from a sentinel for teleporting onto a deserted pier.
>>
>>52446362
>reveal magic to the public
Just remember that mages couldn't do that even if they really, really wanted to.
>>
>>52446394
I think he just meant to any sleeper.
>>
>>52446424
>what is Quiescence
>>
>>52446436
>what is it's still against the fucking law holy shit
>>
>>52445929
Manta is such an asshole. I love it.
>>
>>52445929
>Hows the Wife and Kids?
Top Keks Mantra top keks

if Beast wasn't a complete mess, manta would be the Hero to AquaMan's Beast. I almost wished the staff had taken more writing ques from comic books now
>>
>>52443985
Lower depths?
>>
>>52447299
Mage's way of saying "no fucking idea".
>>
>>52447299
Dormammu's realm lacked Time like a Lower depth would. I don't think beings from the lower depths typically make deals with mages that's more of an abyssal thing. Could be wrong, the lower depths haven't come up in any of my games yet so I've forgotten most of the fluff.
>>
>>52442202
What is it about the world if darkness that attracts sjws?
>>

ignore bait
>>
>>52447450
Vampire.
>>
File: fb1.png (122KB, 438x503px) Image search: [Google]
fb1.png
122KB, 438x503px
>>52447599
I had to leave a group because the st decided to let some people in our group use the game as a platform for their rape culture and trans issues.

At one point we had to stop the game because one of the players broke down in tears during the scene of her embrace, being triggered by violent rape flashbacks.

Whenever m gangrel assumes the role of an indifferent loner, I end up getting villified or get passive aggressive remarks outside the game. It's a bad experience.
>>
File: Here's Your (You).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Here's Your (You).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>52447450
>>
Can we please talk about literally anything other than mage? Please?
>>
File: 1352680817961.jpg (239KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1352680817961.jpg
239KB, 800x1100px
I'm kind of curious about Vampire: The Requiem.

While I do enjoy Masquerade and Dark Ages, I'm kind of wondering what it's like to play a vampire without the Jyhad metaplot in the background.

What is the most essential book, barring the 2e one, that I should read for getting a good grasp on VtR?

Also, are there any people here who do online games that might be looking for a newbie to play with? It's a long shot, but it's not like I know anyone else who'd be interested in it, so I might as well try.
>>
>>52448027
I wonder what it would be like to be like that.
>>
>Ashwood Abbey won't be in HtV 2e core
>Monica caving to the whining of the cowherd minority

Simply pathetic. It's good that Mortal Remains is already out and lets me convert everything from 1e because I'm definitely not wasting money on this compromised garbage.
>>
>Shit that never happened
>>
>>52447450
The counter culture that's attracted to goth and emo were the first and biggest market for VtM. They've stayed with the company and are the prime movers for its LARP contingent. It's only natural that running in those circles allows the terminally self-obsessed and narcissistic SJWs to flourish as both the current generation or writers / developers (though as a freelancer myself I can say it's widespread but thankfully not universal) and fans.

They've come to a point now where they want to appease every divergent race or gender in any way they can. It's marketing as well as self-aggrandizing.
>>
>>52448110
Damnation City.

There are persistent chat games out there, but if you're looking a VtR group then I suggest you post up in the Game Finder threat.
>>
>>52448285
Could have sworn she said not only will that be core by a playable faction. Post your source fag.
>>
>>52448430
Here you go, fresh from Onyx Path's AMA today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/627gpr/were_onyx_path_publishing_back_for_2017_ask_us/dfkl82x/
>>
>>52448110
>VTR
Its fucking great

Core yes
convent books are sometimes hit or miss
Clan books again hit or miss. (The Nos book is fucking awesome)

If you want flavor for disciplines or how blood works. Read The blood.
For economics Read Damned City.

What is does do it play out like Vtm circuit 1sted. So you can run it either eternal highschool shit. or Jailed in the city with more blood letting. Feeding rights and hunting grounds become way more important. The five convents allow a lot more political finesse than the two sided war, without ruling out all out war if you want it.
>>
>>52448470

>still in as the example for how to make a compact, and therefore easy to rebuild and use

I don't see the problem, but nothing's stopping you from using Mortal Remains, even if its 2e conversion is pretty poorly done. "Rich asshole" isn't hard to do in Hunter, and Cherion's still in it so it's not like they're whitewashing the Vigil.
>>
>>52448470
that doesn't actually say anything other than implying it wouldn't be in the core. and its not like Ashwood had anything other than the power of money. port what you want no one is stopping you
>>
>>52448514
It's still a ridiculous example of pandering. There was absolutely no reason to cut them from the core, especially if you had room for every other core compact / conspiracy plus new ones. You're basically giving a big middle finger to fans of that compact because a few pearl clutching forumites wouldn't shut up about a group they neither played nor encountered in their 'safe space' groups, they objected to them solely on principle and now everyone who DID enjoy them pays the price.
>>
>>52448540
They're more than just money. They're a secret fraternal society with established ritual and history that was built up throughout the books.
>>
>>52448543

As someone whose played a bunch of Abbey characters: boo fucking hoo. I've still got Compacts and Conspiracies, they'll probably be the example for Compact building in 2e as mentioned, and someone on the OPP forums'll have a conversion up by the end of release month. Would I have preferred full core representation? Sure, but the Abbey isn't the hill I'm going to die on when it comes to what's important to me about Hunter, and I'd prefer this to the Slasher related pseudo-metaplot nonsense that was proposed in the first place.

There's no "paying the price" here when homebrew is a thing, and it's hardly compromised when you've still got Cherion and all their moral ambiguity ready to go. A bunch of writers fucked up and focused too much on one note that the Abbey offered, and it's a shame that they don't get a clarification to fix that, but oh well, that's business.
>>
>>52448703
The writers didn't fuck up though, it was never as bad as people claim it was; a guy jerks off on a rock and it's implied there might have been some rape at one point. The horror! A group of armed individuals might have raped an enemy! That's unheard of in history and certainly we can't have such degenerate flights of fancy in fiction. No where does the write-ups in either the core or supplements encourage that behavior, and in fact most of them outwardly denounce it as purely propaganda against the organization.

Realigning how the org works is fine, completely removing it from the game for no reason other than to appease a small segment of the community is not something we should just accept. It's bad. Also, the whole 'homebrew is the answer' meme needs to die. No RPG product exists that can't be deflected as something a self-deluded homebrewer claims he can do better.

We support these publishers because of the content they create, we should by that token punish them for the content they omit without cause. It'd be like removing the Invictus from Vampire because someone found the whole master / vassal thing triggering to their past life as a plantation slave. Sure, you could go and homebrew all the parts of the Covenant, but why should you when the people who don't like it can just..not use it..?
>>
>>52448110
Other than what>>52448480 said i would suggest Belials Brood. Imho out of covenant books invictus and lancea should make you feel at home as vtm player and they are preety solid. I also love wicked dead but it is more of a bestiary that sheds some additional light on the world
>>
>thread stops wanking off to mage.
>Starts hate circlejerk about sjw's

I honestly dont know what I expected.
>>
>>52448554
>missing the point
The point being they don't have special powers, that would require re-tuning to 2ed, and lorewise it's a simple import of well funded and connected hunters
>>
>>52448882
You did say literally anything other than Mage. This is your fault.
>>
>Shit that still continues to not happen
>>
File: jo-koss-gag.jpg (99KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
jo-koss-gag.jpg
99KB, 1024x724px
>>52442202
Is kindred of the east cool for a chronicle that wants a gritty 80s anime inspired romp through Japan? I want to play it at least once.
>>
>>52448780
>comparing a stable of a game to a minor flavor of the month
kek
>>
>>52448950
Neither do any of the other compacts pre-C&C, what's your point? That's not justification for their removal. Nor is the simplicity of homebrewing, because it'd be just a simple to import The Long Night who, btw, should be considered as problematic if not more so than Ashwood. Since when do SJWs approve of fundamentalist Christians who probably look at a transgender person and a vampire as being essentially the same brand of evil? Is the mere notion of sex or implication of sexual violence really that much more onerous than being part of a conservative religious cult?
>>
>>52448470
Very well your correct. Carry on.
>>
>>52449031
>flavor of the month
Ashwood Abbey as the first compact you're introduced to in Hunter the Vigil. They've been part of the line since its inception.
>>
>>52449021
It's kinda racist and shitty and focuses very little on personal horror
>>
>>52449021
You want Demon Hunter X instead.

>>52449108
You could lay these accusations at the feet of all Old World of Darkness books, especially in the Vampire the Masquerade line. Personal horror is a nWoD invention, oWoD was about 'gothic punk' for those that remember.
>>
>>52448780

Surprise, surprise, having your player faction be associated with straight-up rape in a White Wolf book isn't going to endear people to the faction even if it's otherwise just a monster battling hellfire/country club with a shady stigma by other members of the Vigil. The writers fucked up. While it would have been nice to use 2e as a fresh start to avoid the worst of its edgy baggage, that didn't happen. It's lame, but whatever. They do what they have to do, and you do what you have to do. You might think the cause is bullshit, but don't think that it still doesn't make it a cause, and on the grander scale of things it's hardly "punishment" worthy, like that's something that can be done with a company.

>>52449040

Yes, yes it is. Notice how the Long Night, though they would logically do that, don't have that mentioned at all. That's why they get to stay, and Ashwood Abbey gets to be an example of Compact Creation, because the writers for the Long Night were able to have some tact and know how people react to things emotionally.
>>
>>52449108
In what way is KotE racist except maybe the fact that only far eastern people can be Kuei-Jin?

And a 1000 hells is pretty good horror
>>
>>52445631
That sounds cool. What did you do with the spell?
>>
File: 1352679698299.jpg (215KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1352679698299.jpg
215KB, 800x1100px
>>52448396
>>52448480
>>52448840

Thanks, I'll look up those books and the Game Finder thread.
>>
>>52449318
Share your thoughts afterwards. I'm kinda interested about fresh point of view
>>
>>52449196
>able to have some tact and know how people react to things emotionally.

What you mean to say is that they benefited from people's ignorance and their ability to overreact to things emotionally devoid of context.
>>
File: 1352679152465.jpg (330KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1352679152465.jpg
330KB, 800x1100px
>>52449384

Might be a week before I get the chance to do that. I'm a slow, voracious reader. Sometimes I read and reread things two or three times over before I move onto the next book. I have a bit of faulty memory, I kind of forget things if I don't read them more than once.

And I've been given quite a few reading recommendations.

Just one more question: are the clan books valid reading? I hear some stuff was done differently in 2e, but is it just mechanics or is it changes in the fluff as well?
>>
>>52449466
It's mechanics and added fluff, because there isn't really much clan fluff in the VtR core. I think the clanbooks are hit or miss, though Mekhet is pretty cool.
>>
>>52449457

I mean exactly what I said. Humans are irrational, emotional creatures, and the wrong thing in the wrong context will always poison the well, no matter the intentions, reality, or further context. If you put a smear campaign against your own faction in your own book, a post oWoD and post Black Dog book, you're going to have this happen. Now homebrew has to do the job.
>>
>>52449061
>Snowflaky repcucklican
No one is saying you can't use them in your own damn game. they have no powers and the lore is easy to import. quit being such a crybaby because people aren't going to write more about your pet fetish group
>>
>>52449630
>repcucklican
>not republicuck
It's like you see the low hanging fruit and STILL fuck it up.
>>
>>52449630
But anon, the only fetish compact is the Maiden's Blood Sisterhood.
>>
>>52449466
Real quick, the biggest changes from 1st to 2ed are
1) torporing doesn't auto causes memory lose
2) vampires don't auto freak out upon first seeing each other. they can voluntarily cause each other to freak out in a clash of will. Between each of theirs Blood Pot + power stat. It causes minor conditions
>>
>>52449723

>vampires don't auto freak out upon first seeing each other

Wait what?
>>
>>52449728
In 1ed you were geting highlander like vibe from other vamps that could cause you to go for the throat or run away with bad rolls. Now you can try to cause it at will
>>
>>52449670
How is the maiden blood sisterhood a fetish. It's a bunch of college girls protecting each other.
>>
>>52449670

>Maiden's Blood Sisterhood
>Not Les Mysteries
>>
>>52449797

Hahah, that's so fucking weird.

But why would that happen? I mean, is diablerie a thing here as well?

Or are there shovelheads in Requiem, folks who wake up in some graveyard dirt, without even knowing what they are or what happened?
>>
>>52449882
Diablerie is a think in requiem. It's actually easier then masquerade because you don't need to eat the soul of a more higher /Generation/Blood Potency" to gain benefits. Even newly dead vampires will give you benefits.
>>
>>52449950

Jesus fucking Christ. What's stopping it from becoming commonplace?

Do vampires use Auspex here as well to see when it happened? Do they punish it?
>>
>>52449989
Auspex can see if someone has Diablerie recently. And it's a crime commonly punished with final death.

Requiem has tree main laws. One is don't eat each others souls.
>>
>>52449844
>Maiden's Blood
>college girls
It's like porno writing, college girls losing their virginity to monsters who they then kill.
>>
>>52449989
Also I'd like to add that just eating someone doesn't put you up a Generation/Blood Potency or at least it doesn't do so in 2E. Instead you gain 1 experience per Blood Potency the victim had, which can only be used to increase Blood Potency. Also just a heads up to increase Blood Potency it only cost 5 exp.
>>
>>52449989
>What's stopping it from becoming commonplace?

absolutely nothing. you still get diminishing returns for lower potency vamps, but to still get a nice discipline or skill. It's mostly a social pressure / pariah thing. Plus higher Potency vamps have other draw backs.
>>
>>52450084
I may be mistake but I believe that's the system for eater a lower than you Potency vamp
>>
>>52449989
Also the soul of the eaten vampire lingers within you for a while. And can once per CHAPTER give you a penalty or a enemy a bonus equal to the victim's blood Potency. And this last for 1 month per Blood potency of the victim.
>>
>>52450165
I just checked the book. page 101 and I am indeed incorrect
>>
>>52450165
In 2E that the new system at least for increasing blood potency. You also gain a dot in the highest discipline the victim had but if you have ever disipline at equal or greater dots then the victim had then you gain a skill dot instead.
>>
>>52449219
>>52449108
http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/mors-rattus/kindred-of-the-east/

It's racist as fuck, my dude.
>>
File: file.png (48KB, 1108x229px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
48KB, 1108x229px
>>52450544
This guy's a fucking retard.

You don't see Westerners up in arms for terms like wassail, chimersty and diablerie - it's just an RPG.
>>
>>52450744

>Finnish

I don't get why he brings that up, as though it invalidates anything.
>>
>>52443353

Shadoloo and the World Warriors are a thing in my oWoD. Because there was an actual Street Fighter storytelling game at one point.

Technocracy? Nah. The Wyrm who? Antediluvians? Just a myth. The real enemy is a psychic who wears a uniform ripped off from the SS and has robots and a mind controlled squid.
>>
Need some advice. Running a campaign that bleeds a little from each type of book into the core. Right now, my players are about to deal with a werewolf with ties to the mob. Now, I've read a little of the W:TF and my plan is that his a Rahu Iron Master. Without overindulging, what kind of powers or stats do I give this guy?
>>
>>52451289
Gifts of Strength, Command, etc.
>>
>>52451309
Is that located in the Forsaken? Looking at it a little so far and I figured thats where a lot of the powers are listed.
>>
Looking at Tooth and nail. It's got another different interpretation of dream form. WTF? Why is it so hard to stick with a single interpretation? Isn't compatability between splats one of the big selling points for NWoD/CofD?
>>
>>52449882
>are there shovelheads in Requiem
Not really. It takes actual willpower to successfully embrace someine now.
>>
>>52451363
I'd blame it in subjective interpretation
>>
>>52451500
But there are larve that can be mass produced and controled
>>
>>52451500
added bonus Accidental revenant are a thing. and revenant can be adopted or Diablerie into a full blooded vampire. In fact one of the covenants claims it's progenitor is a self made revenant.
>>
Anyone have W20 Song of Unmaking? Please.
>>
>>52451363
Because its a hunter supplement made to be used with hunter, not the full template, so things work differently to be more in line with hunter.
>>
File: Hitler-stupid-smiling-276417.jpg (46KB, 590x525px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler-stupid-smiling-276417.jpg
46KB, 590x525px
>Run Campaign
>Secretly Agree Ahead of Time with one player he can play immortal.
>All my players head towards an area obvious containing a threat.
>Immortal Player says "Come on guys you only live once"
>Next session Immortal Player takes a bullet to the head and "dies".
>Player carries a WWII Era Luger.
>Other player gets really angry and assumes he's a nazi.
Me and Immortal players face when
>>
>>52448042
Stop being such a passive aggressive bitch and stick your hands down the front of your trousers and gently caress your testicles.

Do you feel the power contained within? Good.

Post about what you want to talk about.
>>
How is voluntary/ consensual blood bond between two vampires looked upon in Requiem?
>>
File: brook2.jpg (98KB, 594x334px) Image search: [Google]
brook2.jpg
98KB, 594x334px
>>52451920
Do the other players know he an immortal?
>>
>>52451942
Desperate.
>>
>>52451961
DM ANON here. They know now meta wise but character wise none of their characters know. Immortal player is on this board with me right now he can tell you we DROPPED SOME OBVIOUS HINTS towards the fact that he was immortal but it took an outright revelation for them to get it.
>>
File: tumblr_o5oawd34SL1qej1i6o5_1280.png (478KB, 1056x440px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5oawd34SL1qej1i6o5_1280.png
478KB, 1056x440px
>>5244202
I'm reading g some year of the lotus fluff. Are the Shih basically Hamon warriors?
>>
File: Bill-Goldberg.jpg (8KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Goldberg.jpg
8KB, 236x214px
>>52451920
Dumb Moment Part 2
>Other Player is a Blacksmith
>Make Professional Wrestler Bill Goldberg a character as a mage.
>Goldberg buys 20 swords from Blacksmith player and uses them magically to enhance his power.
>Blacksmith Player is spooked but moves on,
>Blacksmith Player is invited to join Ascending Ones.
>Goldberg tells BP to not join Ascending ones.
>BP does anyone and starts to think that Goldberg is a rival Hunter group.
>Goldberg shoots a pink energy bolt at him.
>BP is full on scared now.
My face when
>>
>>52451942
Foolish. Most things are, anyway.
>>
File: warhammer eyes.gif (2MB, 1722x1720px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer eyes.gif
2MB, 1722x1720px
>>52452110
>>
File: CastrateLoli.jpg (127KB, 475x555px) Image search: [Google]
CastrateLoli.jpg
127KB, 475x555px
>>52451929
Not you masturbating
>>
>>52450907
I think it's because the idea in KotE was to make things that sounded vaguely Asian, and while there are a lot of Finnish weebs...yeah.
>>
File: 3604.jpg (63KB, 363x500px) Image search: [Google]
3604.jpg
63KB, 363x500px
>>52442795
It's not THAT terrible. But given Lasombra standard loadout, you'll rather use Dom for powerbleed and Pot for breaking faces.
>>
What Practice is sobering someone up or curing their hangover.
>>
>>52452493
Streetwise + Manipulation.
>>
File: n030.jpg (177KB, 803x426px) Image search: [Google]
n030.jpg
177KB, 803x426px
>>52452536
That's not a Practice.
>>
>>52452493
Compelling
You're telling the body to do what it's naturally doing anyways. Plus it's a small trick. Water would help too
>>
>>52452301

You misunderstood my post completely. I was playing off of /int/ and /pol/ memes where Finns are regarded as Mongols.
>>
>>52452493
Life 1 for normal debauchery.

It'd be Life 2 if it was an overdose imo.
>>
>>52452493
Ruling, and Compelling respectively.

Former requires you to effectively super-charge their liver to sort out all of the alcohol in their blood. It's not something the body can just instantly solve with a small amount of effort, like Compelling.

Latter requires a more subtle balancing a more minor factors within your body to put you back at your "base" state. While there might be more to do, each individual thing is easier than "get through all that fucking alcohol", so it's Compelling.
>>
>>52442233
Another archmage like being could stop them such as methuselahs
>>
>>52452769
>I was playing off of /int/ and /pol/ memes where Finns are regarded as Mongols.

Fair, I don't really go to those dark places.
>>
>>52452493
Exarch of hangover will stop you
>>
>>52453788
Not again, please.

>>52453838
Which of the ten Exarchs would that be?
>>
>>52449223
Well, what we did was we transmuted the salt that was used in a ritual that was either acting as a yantra or allowing the King of Mists to cast the spell to the plane we were present in. Turns out that Olive Oil didn't have the same symbolic resonance to the spell, or the rift that was opened to keep the spell able to be cast there was closed when the salt was destroyed.

We still aren't sure on what exactly happened though. We know it was a living spell, and in character we all know that living spells are legendary things that are normally within the realm of Archmages.

Still, it serves as a good lessen that even lesser beings can take on Archmages if they have their wits about them. Imperial Mysteries spells require lots of focuses, materials, usually the permission of things that you are gonna be fucking with/intruding upon, and if you mess those things up the spell can come tumbling out from underneath itself just from the lack of potency.
>>
>>52453951
... Not going to lie, that Archmage is a bit of a fucking idiot for not protecting the lynchpin of his goddamn Dynamics spell.
>>
>>52449989
Its punished heavily when found out about. Auspex can be used to find Diablerie, along with any sort of aura reading power (Auspex isn't by default that, but an interpretation of it can be. Its more having your beast whisper people's dirty secrets in your ear type stuff now along with a multiplication of vampiric senses)

Cities almost always punish Diablerie with Final Death. The only times that its not are in rare cities where the Circle of the Crone are in power as their most radical sects, which is anarchy at that point, and in rare bloodline-sects where diablerie of a Sire is a common practice (such bloodlines are incredibly rare for obvious reasons)

There are three laws in Kindred Society. Don't let the prey know, You are responsible for the behavior of your Childe till they are fully introduced to Kindred Society and Don't Commit Amaranth/Diablerie. Deviations from these laws are extremely uncommon exceptions, and will likely shape an entire Chronicle.
>>
>>52453951
>Still, it serves as a good lessen that even lesser beings can take on Archmages if they have their wits about them

Not anymore. If you play about things realistically, as of now, you're fucking screwed.
>>
>>52453788
Depends on the Methuselah. An equivalent tier vampire isn't a match for an equivalent tier mage.

But things can happen.
>>
>>52454059
I don't think he predicted that we'd make it that far honestly. We were a cable of three going up against 2 Twofold Masters to stop this all from happening. The Life/Spirit 5 mage gave us a good run for our money but I doubt they expected to have their own minions turned on them and actually able to attack them in Twilight
>>
File: Jenny.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Jenny.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>>52444352
>I don't like that mage is the most powerful at high level! WAAAH.

Not the anon, but a high level mage can pretty much do anything.

What most anons don't realize is that while a vampire is considered the weakest tier, they still have their tricks about them. And vampire tricks can still be extremely deadly for a mage. There is a reason mage's haven't wiped vampire clean off of the face of the earth.
>>
>>52454224
Why don't Methuselahs learn magic? That seems like something that should be happening.
>>
>>52454299
They do know magic, some of them at least. Baba Yaga and Ur-Shulgi are incredibly powerful users of blood magic, but they still can't compare to true wizards of equivalent status.
>>
>>52453877
There are 11 exarchs.
>>
>>52454428
>11 Exarchs
>must be referring to the Gate
>ignore the heathen
>>
fuck off magecucks
>>
fuck off vampcucks
>>
I am a werecuck, can I fuck off too?
>>
>>52454548
No but you can fuck me
>>
>>52454548
Only if it doesn't give you sexual pleasure
>>
>>52442202
To answer OP's question:
Clan Tzimisce or something akin to the Red Talons.

I'm impatient for Changeling ;3;
>>
>>52454566
But what doesn't give werewolf players some kind of depraved sexual pleasure, honestly.
>>
>>52454457
>Ignoring the true master of reality.
>>
>>52454158
Oh yeah, we are definitely gonna have to be careful. This is a guy who was known for being That Fate Fucker who uses spells to make their desired outcomes an eventuality.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Living Fate spell going on with the Intent/Imago of "Break the seal keeping me in the lower mysteries". But if there is we are kinda fucked since none of us know Fate that well. Or Time, since we did confirm this guy started Acanthus.

The Cabal is a Matter focused Moros, a Mind focused Mastigos (myself) and a more or less even Life/Spirit Thyrsus. Hopefully though now that we've got the support of the local Mysterium, who actually have their shit together when compared to the rest of the Consilium, we can contain/fix this.
>>
>>52454737
I'm not entirely sure how something could trap an archmage in a lower depth to begin with. If they can still cast magic, imperial magic at that, they can just as easily return to their golden road.
>>
oWoD nWoD crossovers.

An Archmaster appears in the Supernal realms.

A 4th gen Methuselah has his lair appear in New York.

A Demon (Fallen) shows up in Rome.

A Changeling (dreaming) shows up in a Freehold.

A oHunter appears in Detroit.

What occurs?
>>
>>52455576
>A oHunter appears in Detroit.

nHunters and their forsaken niggas run a train on him if he's hostile? Pure and their gangsta bitchboys do drive by's until he's dead? I don't know enough about oHunter to tell.
>>
File: we wuz hunterz n sheeiit.png (12KB, 421x230px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz hunterz n sheeiit.png
12KB, 421x230px
>>52455629
related
>>
>>52455576
The oWoD Archmaster is annihilated, unless he can quickly figure out how to form a Lustrum.
The Methuselah fucks the shit out of the local Vampire population, but is hopefully wise enough not to draw the ire of the local Seer factions, which have almost complete control over Manhattan.
The Demon does something, IDK.
The Changeling gets pitied, or killed, depending on how paranoid the Freehold is, and which Court currently rules.
The Hunter wishes he was somewhere else. Anywhere else.
>>
>>52455576
>An Archmaster appears in the Supernal realms.
Stuck in the ether
>A 4th gen Methuselah has his lair appear in New York.
He starts feasting on all the vampires then runs out of vampires and takes a nap
>A Demon (Fallen) shows up in Rome.
"It's not our problem" but the other supernaturals gang up on them for stealing worshipers
>A Changeling (dreaming) shows up in a Freehold.
Looks and acts like weak true fae. Kill it on sight. or it falls to banality
whatever happens Heros in Beast
>>
>>52455654
>Ramming wolfs with SUV Silver grills, while high as a motherfucking kite
So it's a Thursday for the Ashwood Abby?
>>
>>52447370
Dormammu is basically an Annunaki
>>
>>52454224
But methuselahs are the equals of archmages. Both spheres and disciplines go up to 10 dots. They're the same level.
>>
File: bait-a-vampire-story.jpg (21KB, 231x346px) Image search: [Google]
bait-a-vampire-story.jpg
21KB, 231x346px
>>52456344
Why do vampfags always do this?
>>
File: 9676748275868.png (115KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
9676748275868.png
115KB, 310x310px
>>52456344
Oh god please no
>>
File: 1425702780099.jpg (72KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1425702780099.jpg
72KB, 625x626px
>>52456344
Nice bait.
>>
File: get ready.jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
get ready.jpg
49KB, 640x480px
>>52456344
>>
File: 1490669872340.jpg (13KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1490669872340.jpg
13KB, 480x358px
>>52456344
Why would you do this?
>>
File: 1268041191185.jpg (17KB, 367x388px) Image search: [Google]
1268041191185.jpg
17KB, 367x388px
>>52456344
>There's actually people that believe this
>>
File: HelloDarknessCute.gif (2MB, 480x295px) Image search: [Google]
HelloDarknessCute.gif
2MB, 480x295px
Collectively now NO ONE CARES
>>
File: 1490900183370.png (510KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
1490900183370.png
510KB, 497x501px
>>52456344
>>
File: CosmoAsSeinfeld.jpg (91KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
CosmoAsSeinfeld.jpg
91KB, 634x480px
>Playing World of Darkness [Old or New]
>Numerous factions across gamelines that cover the same thematic ground but never come in contact except in rare crossover events.

Why do they do this?
>>
Did magefags and vampfags just collectively resisted the bait? Are we progressing?
>>
>>52456429
You can't cure vampfags, you just can't.

Unless Prime 6

>assuming vampfaggery is a curse
>>
Here. Here's something for everyone.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060821180345/http://timeofjudgment.com/newsticker.html

ToJ Newsticker. Read about the End of the World as it happens!
>>
>>52456448
Yes, but I guarantee you there is a magefag out there cringing and battling the urge to reply with shit.

HHNNNNNNNGGGGGG
>>
>>52456453
>
huh neat
>>
>>52456438
Because they cover different thematic ground despite similarities, most pass for humans without use of detection powers, and they usually get involved in different stuff.

Also a lot of people DO have the different groups interact with one another. Mage being the primary example.
>>
>>52456344
I'm a vampirefag and I do not approve of this message.

In fact, I hate it with 10 dots of potence.
>>
File: 34457737757.png (202KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
34457737757.png
202KB, 500x336px
>>52456344
I think we all know the answer to this.
>>
File: donald.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
donald.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>52456344
>>
File: Anime guys laughing.png (369KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
Anime guys laughing.png
369KB, 641x480px
>>52455576

AYO HOLD UP
>>
>>52456344
Not even Masquerade players are going to believe your words after all that we've been through these past few months.
>>
>>52456344

I know this is bait, but the power scales in oWoD are not equivalent. The various powers scale differently, and Spheres are far, far more versatile.

Now, a much more interesting discussion is whether or not M. Bison can successfully take over the oWoD...
>>
>>52456812
>Now, a much more interesting discussion is whether or not M. Bison can successfully take over the oWoD...
I own both the Street Fighter book and its WoD equivalent, WoD:Combat but I've never actually read them...
>>
File: a taste of phil.png (146KB, 956x534px) Image search: [Google]
a taste of phil.png
146KB, 956x534px
>>
>>52456854
A typo they ran with and published entire books around.
10/10 editing White Wolf. 10/10
>>
>>52456854
Whoever wrote that typo is responsible for nearly two decades of mage whoring.
>>
>>52456848

M. Bison's stats are in the Secrets of Shadoloo splat, and he has a power called "Psychic Vise" which allows him to drain temporary Willpower if the victim fails a contested roll (I can look it up in a minute if anyone actually cares). He has another power, aptly named Mind Control, where he can essentially make anyone at 0 temporary Willpower his slave. Permanently.
>>
>>52455576
>Archmaster shows up in the Supernal

Unless his Avatar can protect him from the sheer waves of RAW, PURE EXISTENCE that would be washing over him or he is quickly able to sign his soul to a Watchtower he'd quickly be subsumed and turned into mana

>Methuselah shows up in NY

Depends on the Methuselah in question. Kindred would definitely shit themselves though.

>Demon shows up in Rome

Depends on the demon

>Kithain shows up in a Freehold

Ho boy. First off all Changelings would shit themselves. Essentially a Kithain would be a Truefae, and one of immense power at that. It would mean war unless they were a particularly hard socially focused Kithain

>Worst Hunter shows up in Detroit

Detroit consumes his heart and draws him towards darkness
>>
>>52457083
OR, for the Archmage, if he has some way of existing beyond Causality, can make use of Prime, and a lot of Prime at that, to shield himself from the fuckery that is The Supernal.

That said, I'd say the Supernal would make for a damn good Seeking. Probably would increase in Arete if they aren't above 7
>>
>>52457083
>>52457115
You specifically ~need~ to be an Archmaster and form a Lustrum to survive the Supernal.

It's a direct parallel to the Deep Umbra in Ascension, only you don't have to be an Archmage for that.
>>
>>52457198
If you can form a lustrum you can achieve arch mastery. It's a chicken and egg situation. Threshold is the ultimate trial by fire. If you fail you never existed. Mages could be running the gauntlet all the time and you'd never know.
>>
>>52457240
Only Archmasters can form Lustrums.
>>
>>52457441
what so tough about 5 years
>>
>>52457508
Hmmm?
>>
>>52457535
do you even research where the made up words you use come from
>>
>>52457198
well, from what I'm reading you need to be an Archmage to form a permanent Lustrum, but tomato tomato
>>
>>52458043
There is no such thing as a permanent Lustrum. Archmasters can't stay within the Supernal for extended periods of time without submitting to deletion from reality.
>>
File: tenebrousform.jpg (43KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
tenebrousform.jpg
43KB, 360x500px
>>52452319
Obt just doesn't really do anything that can't be done with other cards for cheaper or free. I wouldn't build a deck around it but I guess you're pretty much stuck with it if you're using Lasombra and want stealth.
>>
>>52458160
>There is no such thing as a permanent Lustrum
Such a thing is tantamount to Ascension
>>
>>52458160
>archmasters can't
>archmaster
>can't
I think you misunderstand how Archmasters work.
>>
>>52458549
Even archmasters can't get ascension.
>>
>>52459006
>archmaster
>can't
I bet it's 6 or 7 dots at most.
>>
>>52459076
Name one Archmaster that has reached ascension.
>>
>>52459091
Merlin
>>
>>52459091
Name one archmaster that we have proof pooped. Nowhere in the books, but definitely possible.

Hell, nWod could be just an Archmaster's personal pocket universe for all we know. Omnipotence is in their reach- thus something as low level as ascension is easily.
>>
>>52459091
The Corpus Author
The Oracles
The Exarchs
The King Who Is a Throne (cool new lore fluff)
>>
>>52459091
The Seers of the Throne speak of seven legions of ascended Archmages under the Exarchs. There's never more than a hundred non-ascended Archmasters.

There's countless more ascendants than those working towards it.
>>
>>52459099
>>52459129
>>52459192
Well I was talking about Old World of darkness. I'm aware of Awakening that have ascended.

>>52459122
But is there any examples of archmaster that have reached that degree of power?
>>
>>52459099
>>52459129

There's also Nakatomi, but that's just one of the great Mysteries of Japan.
>>
>>52459207
>Ascension in Ascension

Very vague and never given an answer. Oracles exist, which means yes it's 100% possible and has been done before. We only barely know what goes on 'above', unlike in Awakening / Imperial Mysteries.
>>
>>52459207
The Unnamed has Entropy 9. Theoretically, one could exist therefore- if one did, they'd probably be in a personal pocket universe in which they are God.

Meanwhile, awakening probably only needs 6 or 7 dots, which lots of Archmasters have.
>>
>>52459257
Ascension requires 10 dots and to be a walking god damned plot device
>>
>>52459257
>The Unnamed has Entropy 9.
Its actually 10, which I think puts all of time and space under the 'all according to keikaku' category.
>>
>>52459288
Oh shit, I misunderstood- I'm fucking retarded. I thought you were talking about awakening- as in, writing your name on the Watchtowers. Ignore me, I'm a goddamn idiot.
>>
>>52457083
>Kithaine in a freehold.

It's a mortal possessed by an illusion fragment of a fae soul. It's a copy of a copy, a dozen times over until they only last about 12 years before the real world wears them down to powder. An intersting creature but a fragile one.

The Lost, on the other hand, aren't pretending. The Mask isn't their fae nature rendered in hologram, it's a lie that they are human that imperfectly covers them. The really are clockwork boys and dragon girls and sharp-toothed ogres and that's never going to stop. Duels aren't pretend fights with illusion weapons, but real fights with real weapons that make people real dead.
>>
>>52459327
No, we must grind the symbol that is you into the symbol that is shit

/sarcasm
>>
>>52459257
>>52459288
The Unnamed has 10 dots in Entropy and 'descended' which isn't sscension per se, more so a mockery of it. Nowhere near as powerful as true ascension, but a testament to just what he accomplished.
>>
>>52459288
>Ascension requires 10 dots
Not always. Mages have turned away from it and became Oracles at lower dots.

You don't automatically Ascend once you reach 10.
>>
You don't have to be an Archmaster to ascend. This is something Dave has been adamant on.

It's the most reliable way, but not the sole option.
>>
>>52459394
However the others are pretty much "find a cheat" or "develop the 6th Attainment".
>>
So are books printed for Requiem (or i guess any of the other lines) compatible with the 2nd editions of those games? And if not, which ones were printed for 2nd?
>>
>>52460820
First edition books are good for fluff. Some might be outdated however.
>>
>>52460839
Are there any 2nd ed books besides the cores?
>>
>>52460896
A few were released back in December.
>>
>>52460896
For Requiem Secrets of the Covenants with are pretty bad. However Blood Sorcery: Sacraments & Blasphemies was written for 1ed but rules are fully compatibile with 2ed. It's preety damn good book in its own right
>>
Is there any way to use necromancy offensively? I don't think ghosts can actually harm material beings beyond throwing pots and pans at them, the bone path requires lots of corpses and thus isn't useful save defensively (and even then zombies sorta suck), and none of the powers are, well, dangerous to living beings. Hell, most of them aren't even dangerous to ghosts. Hell, more powers have a note about being dangerous to the user than are dangerous to other!

I mean, a Ventrue can at least dominate mortals into fighting for him, same with Toreador for presence- but a necromancer seems basically a sitting duck if fought.

How does a necromamcer stay alive when shit hits the wall?
>>
>>52461597
Use Matter to make ghosts material and physically present.

Or personally kill his/her enemies dead instead?
>>
>>52460820
The Danse Macabre is a precursor to 2nd edition in a lot of ways. Might be worth looking at, but I don't know how much tweaking the crunch will need.
>>
What's a good read to find out about Detroit in the WoD?
>>
>>52461802
The Obituaries.
>>
>>52442202
Are v20 and mage worth shelling out 300 bucks each to re-seller assholes? I hate pdfs. Is there a huge difference between editions really?
>>
>>52461863

>paying 300 dollars for m20

yeah sure go for it, money well spent
>>
>>52461885
You're mocking me, aren't you? :(
>>
>>52461913
>>
>>52461891

>he fell for the kickstarter meme
>>
>>52461630
Necromancy as in the Vampire discipline.

I really like it, but I'd also like to be able to defend myself.
>>
File: 1477243221214.jpg (44KB, 491x549px) Image search: [Google]
1477243221214.jpg
44KB, 491x549px
>>52453147
>which one is it?

>it's all of them.
>er...it's none of them!

>future janitor decision making
>>
File: 1487960091896s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1487960091896s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>52453788
>requires another archmage
Yes
>Such as vampdaddy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.
>>
>>52455955
yeah, except Rock City is actually good at being hunters
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.