[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 52

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Do your armored characters ever take off their armor to look pretty?

What are some unusual races you've allowed, or have been allowed to play?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>52437545
>>
File: considerhorse.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
considerhorse.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>52441521
>Estervale
Okay DM so I know that you like to feel all smug and self satisfied by those 'casuls' who don't want a 15 pb game with 20gp and dire piranhas tied to the balls of the PCs, but real talk I played in a game almost exactly like this and it died after two or three sessions because of shit getting really slow and dull. Because you're not just taking away power, you're taking away versatility, removing the tools at the PC's disposal when you should be expanding them and increasing difficulty accordingly.
>>
>>52441521
She used to but in order to fully seal herself off from the outside world she horribly mutilated her body so that her armor physically and permanently slotted itself into her body.
>>
>>52441521
>Do your armored characters ever take off their armor to look pretty?

Yes! My paladins always have beautiful dresses and other context-sensitive clothes for everything from weddings to feasts to trips to the market to quiet sparring and exercise in between adventures. It's the only rational approach!
>>
>>52441558
Why are you trying to explain the basics of DMing to a retard
>>
>>52441521

Of course! Of course! When he's in a town or peaceful place he *loves* to wear comfy clothes that hug the skin and keep everything snug and secure.

Hell, you should see what he wears when he wants to go out with the female PC that wants to feel like a woman, if not just for an afternoon.
>>
Currently Recruiting Games

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/72295/wild-weird-west
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers

Did I get em all?
>>
>>52441558
>taking the bait
Look at the account making the game, it's one great troll + bamboozle
>>
>>52441521
My armored characters have been allowed to get away with barely-armored fluff to have their armor double as fancy clothes. Regal coats with pauldrons, single-arm protection, metal skirts, etc. It's high fantasy, fuck it I'm going to be powerful AND pretty.
>>
Dragon 2 greentext when?
>>
>>52441521
>take off armor
>to look pretty
I don't understand the question
>>
Ok /pfg/, it's time to be completely honest. Do you think DHB would design a better SoM than Ssalarn? What do you think DHB would do with SoM than Ssalarn doesn't?

Would DHB not be such a shitter when it comes to feedback?
>>
What other class should we dissect?

If you have questions about Hunters, I'm still here

If you have questions about Soulknives (particularly, their list of good and bad soul knife enhancements) I can answer them too
>>
>>52441643
we're ingame right now

Greentext later

shenanigans abound.
>>
>>52441521

Dear /pfg/

Why is Magus fucking stupid? Under what design idea did they decide to effectively give the Magus an iterative attack at 2nd level?
>>
>>52441643
I'm sure Rory will dump his ERP logs again in an hour or two
>>
>>52441723
Under the same one where it only has one spell.
>>
>>52441707
Quick

yes or no

did Aurora and Bon-Bon get to have a cute date in the opera house before Thrune shut it down?
>>
>>52441751
No.
>>
When will Vult publish the audition LOGS?!
>>
>>52441558

Hello there. I would love to discuss this point with you.

The goal is not to 'hurt' players. It is to make players consider how to do more with less. It is to force some real decisions on strengths and weaknesses. The narrative has very little to do with the numbers going on behind the scenes.

It is, as I see it, a falsehood that having huge numbers makes for a good plot. The inflation of power is a cancer, confusing raw bonuses and ability for a proper narrative. It is not a benefit to be super strong and super smart and super powerful. It is of much greater benefit to be part of an adventuring team where people all rely upon one another, because the interplay between the people is much tighter and the real thrust of the plot.

The goal of Estervale is to dial it back just a little, to the default rules even, at least statistically. You're all in a tight spot, but you have each other to rely on, if you can learn to work together and overcome some challenges.
>>
>>52440914
>>52440923
>>52440951
>>52440959
I kind of think I didn't go meme- y enough.

Very first ckmbat of the game my Dm Straight up told us we were being railroaded and that these robots were kidnapping us. Even though my character didn't participate in the crime being committed.

At one point to get through a cavern we had to enter the Konami code. When we got through that we arrived in sandboxia, a land of kahjiit, where we were attacked by the aforementioned shit worm.

Not really sure what would be appropriate for this kind of campaignk
>>
>>52441755
Never. Those are in his own private spank bank. He guards them jealously.
>>
>>52441756
Why the fuck are you trying to do this in Pathfinder? Use WFRP or LotFP or something else better suited.
>>
>>52441756
You're an idiot, this has nothing to do with 'huge numbers making for a good plot' this is 'certain numbers are required for some classes to function at all, those classes are almost all martials, and they will be worthless without said numbers'

What the fuck is a Monk going to do with a 15pb array besides suck dick
>>
>>52441770
But I want to know how many times Bon-Bon's bon-bons have been roughly handled, damn it! Do they honk when squeezed?
>>
>>52441769
>Not really sure what would be appropriate for this kind of campaignk
Probably walking away would be the most appropriate thing.
>>
>>52441790

No, they squirt.
>>
>>52441785
Honestly, they aren't even good at sucking dick. The ideal concubine has at least 16 CHA, CON, and DEX. Anything less is a waste of spunk.
>>
What's the baseline strength for a useful barbarian? I want to make one that's more of an all-rounder, get some skill points, some dex, etc. When would you be considered too garbage to do your main job though? 16 after racials?
>>
File: Anime TRIGGERED.png (556KB, 842x633px) Image search: [Google]
Anime TRIGGERED.png
556KB, 842x633px
>>52441723
>Under what design idea did they decide to effectively give the Magus an iterative attack at 2nd level?
>bitching about the full-round action that applies an attack penalty

Under the same one where it's basically just TWF, except without any of the improved versions and it also requires the magus to do a concentration check or get his shit slapped. And where the Magus only actually has half a dozen worthwhile spells. And where half of its class features are tacked on and force you to build a certain way. And where the class desperately needs to be completely reworked.

Are you gonna bitch that a rogue with TWF can get a second iterative next?
>>
>>52441745
Touch of Fatigue, Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch, Corrosive Touch, Elemental Touch, I could go on.

It's still a fucking iterative attack at 2nd level, which martials, real honest to god fighters don't get till 6th.
>>
>>52441673

Is there any way to make Living Legends good?
>>
>>52441707
What kinda shenanigans? Tell us!

>>52441723
Because, AFAIK, Magus was the first class that Paizo really designed to "make their own" so to speak. You can see how Paizo's designs evolved with the Warpriest, Occultist, and Vigilante- Magus was some of their earliest work, and it shows.
>>
>>52441802
Not even proficient in sucking dick.
>>
>>52441811
I won't spoil it.
>>
>>52441795
But shouldn't her flower squirt?
>>
>>52441756
There are three dozen better systems for doing what you're trying to do. Get off your fucking pedestal and go play one of those or realize that a fighter cannot do "more with less" when you have stripped away literally any resource he could have and left him with your only your oh-so-glorious fiat to tell him if he can actually convince anyone of anything with no ranks in diplomacy.
>>
>>52441803
>What's the baseline strength for a useful barbarian?

18 is ideal.

When you're a STR-based martial, you always want to aim for even numbered modifier.
>>
>magus autism
I didn't even say anything yet. I'm proud.
>>
>>52441807
>implying its anything but INTENSIFIED SHOCKING GRASP 24/7

Anon.
>>
>>52441818

Her bon-bons are tattooed with flowers
>>
>>52441806
Oh yeah because a Magus with Weapon Finesse, a Black Blade Scimitar, and Spell Combat isn't absolutely monstrous at 3rd level +
>>
>>52441817
Fine, fine, but I expect QUALITY greentext shenanigans! Subvert my expectations!
>>
>>52441843
Cute! But which party member(s) will discover these tattoos?
>>
>>52441847
Go ahead. Do the DPR on that. Actually put your number crunching where your mouth is.
>>
>>52441847
Bladebound is fucking stupid.

There is no reason at all to give a player a FREE weapon that scales with level. At 3rd level it effectively gives them a HUGE WBL boost.
>>
>>52441858
All of them.

At the same time. Wardrobe malfunctions are one hell of a plot device.
>>
>>52441858

I'm sure all of them will discover it when she's doing a sexy comedy routine by the campfire.

Remember, friend. All Bon-bon wants to do is make you smile.
>>
>>52441864

Bladebound Magus with Dex 20, and Weapon Finesse.

1d6+5 (Using Black Blade Strike and the inherent Enhancement bonus increase this becomes 1d6+7)

1d6+7+3d6 shocking grasp + 1d6+7 = minimum 19 DPR assuming two hits, Maximum 44, Average these you've got around 30 DPR.

3rd level fighter with a greataxe, 20 STR, and Power Atk. = 1d12+7 +2 from PA. Minimum 10, Maximum 21 Per round. Assuming 1 hit.
>>
>>52441864
See
>>52441915

He's right, you know.
>>
>>52441915
Using Black blade strike isn't going to happen at that level lets be honest.
>>
>>52441807
>martials, real honest to god fighters don't get till 6th

Unchained Monk gets Flurry of Blows at 1st level. Literally any martial can take TWF at level 1. Is this broken?

>>52441847
Oh no watch out, some fuck with slightly more accuracy than a rogue might use one of the only worthwhile magus builds to, get this, HIT A DUDE TWICE while expending a daily resource. If he makes his concentration check. Oh nooooooo.

>>52441915
>using a greataxe
>doesn't take into account accuracy at all
>doesn't actually bother to do power attack properly
>he thinks there's a magus that actually takes 20 dex at level 1
>comparing a guy using a fuckload of resources to a dude who used nothing and swung his sword

W O W
>>
>>52441934

It's basically the only thing the blade can do at that level.
>>
>>52441915
>>52441933
>assuming two hits
>assuming one hit
That's not how this works.
>>
>>52441947
Yeah but using that makes your blade breakable.
>>
>>52441946
You said compare DPR bitchtits, and he did.

And what fucking resources does a 3rd level fighter HAVE?
>>
>>52441960
DPR isn't "I hit all my attacks," DPR is "to hit vs AC * average damage"
No shit you do a lot of damage if you're fighting someone with 0 AC.
>>
>>52441875
>>52441881
These are both cute ideas. Got fingers crossed for those logs!
>>
>>52441946

I think the point is a Mage of any sort, even a 6 level caster should not be able to out martial the martials.
>>
Dragons2 just finished up session, greentext incoming
>>
>>52441975
And you haven't showed that he is. You've showed that if he hits, which he won't, he might do a bit more damage.
>>
>>52441974

Which log are you most excited for? PC x PC, though NPC might be fun!
>>
>>52441960
>compare DPR
>doesn't do any of the actual work

Did you know? A level 3 Rogue vastly outdamages a fighter! I mean, just look, if a rogue uses TWF and has 20 Dex, it could deal 3d6+5, 3d6+3 with shortswords when both hit!

>>52441975
The magus's entire schtick is "do damage". It is widely regarded as being a bit of a joke unless you build around certain spells.
>>
>>52441988
Let's assume the target is a perfectly average person 10 in all stats, versus this optimized Magus. He's wearing a chain shirt, so +4 AC.

so a 14 AC versus a +10 on attacks means he will hit 80% of the time. (+5 dex +2BAB +2 Enhancement, +1 BBS)
so the average of 19 and 44 is 31.5
31.5x0.8 = 25.2 DPR

Fighter with greataxe has (+5Str +3 BAB -1 PA) And likely no +1 weapon. So he has a +7 to hit versus AC14, giving him a 65% chance to hit.
Greataxe Average damage is ((10+21)/2) * 0.65 =15.5 DPR.
>>
>>52442000

I've got a video of what I want to see happen to Gloriana, but it's not fit for blueboards.
>>
>>52442049
You forgot the -2 for Spellstrike.
>>
>>52442068
Shit, you're right.

Still, your boy the Magus does more DPR than a fighter with a greataxe.
>>
>>52442049
>>52442080
You also forgot that the average of 4d6+7 is 21, not 30.
>>
>>52442049
>let's optimize random shitty fighter versus optimized magus
>A level 3 fighter doesn't have a magic weapon, or at least a masterwork weapon
>doesn't have ANY feats besides power attack
>is using a greataxe like a bumbling retard
>let me just not take into account any penalties the magus is going to be taking
>let me also count Black Blade Strike, which only applies to damage rolls and not attack rolls, and is useable exactly once at this level

well shit the math checks out I guess magus is overpowered
>>
File: titslap.gif (742KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
titslap.gif
742KB, 500x300px
WHEN WE LAST LEFT OUR HEROES (of Dragons2)

They had just jumped through a portal in their investigation of the kidnapping of one of the Queen's consorts. Brock, and came out in a strange rocky area outside of the Demense

>The team dusts themselves off, begins looking around
>They find a path down, head down
>There's a weird jungle and mist down here
>A bit of investigation leads to a fort, with 'torches' there putting out some mist
>There's guards too! Dragon royalty!
>The group hunkers down upon hearing a voice
>Its a bitchy voice
>Its coming from a nearby storehouse
>Calsi recognizes the voice, its her Rival. Irma.
>Rinka, Rorymei, and Aurora scout over a wall via various means, and find a way in
>Sure enough, its Irma, naked as the day she was born.
>The bitchfight of the century occurs, the barbs thrown between these two are absolutely fucking venomous
>Eventually they get her cut down and released, but the bitchfight ends with accusations of Calsi having a -scar-
>And Aurora is uh. Press-ganged to investigate the truth of this matter
>Aurora loses it, and well. Pic related basically occurs
>Suddenly a fucking molotov cocktail hits the side of the Shed
>The party rushes outside, only to find themselves surrounded by Dragon Royalty Guards
>They are not good at stealth. It may have been the arguing. Or the epic bitchfight.
>Session end.
>>
>>52442000
>>52442056

I want to see Gloriana, Cashmere, and Bon-Bon x Gloriana's Husband
>>
>>52442049
Although I'm actually on the opposite side of this argument as you, I have to point out that using Shocking Grasp on someone wearing metal armor like a chain shirt gets you a +3 bonus to his attack roll. That will more than make up for the Spellstrike penalty >>52442068 mentioned.
>>
So pfg, I hear that Sphere's of Might has some broken classes, and I've heard of the alchemy sphere being a bit off, but how about the other spheres? Are any more of them particularly broken/underwhelming?
>>
>>52442124
Good thing the average CR 3 enemy has 15 AC from natural armor and dexterity. This guy is just making shit up off the cuff, forgetting and leaving out large parts of the rules, and then saying that Magus is better.
>>
>>52442124
Not quite, he's got two attacks, which averages out to make it a bonus of 1.5 per attack :/
>>
>>52442143

Yeah... so... What'd he leave out? Other than the spellstrike penalty, which turns out to be a measly - 0.5 per attack.
>>
>>52442109
Was the session ten minutes long? That's like two skill checks.
>>
File: Brock-pokemon-18232516-418-358.jpg (13KB, 418x358px) Image search: [Google]
Brock-pokemon-18232516-418-358.jpg
13KB, 418x358px
>>52442109
>Brock

Brock?

Brock.
>>
>>52442124
I'm trying not to sound like a dumbass, but I'm looking at the Bladebound magus page and it's saying an enhancement bonus of +1 at 3rd level. Is there some way to get it to +2?
>>
>>52442169
There was a lot of talking.

We're a gabby bunch
>>
>>52442173
All we know about him is that he's brown...
>>
>there is someone who is honest to god bitching that at level 3 an optimized magus is capable of outdamaging a random fighter with a greataxe

You know who else can outdamage this fighter if you optimize and are in the perfect scenario? Literally anything.

>Monk with 20 Str can flurry, can outdamage the fighter
>slayer with 20 Str studies guy and attacks, hits with SA, does more damage

>>52442177
He's assuming the magus used his arcane pool on it, which is a fair assumption. He then goes full retard and assumes he blew his Black Blade's single pool point on Black Blade Strike for a piddly +1 damage.
>>
>>52442169
We talk SO MUCH
>>
File: Senator_Stamp.jpg (11KB, 196x244px) Image search: [Google]
Senator_Stamp.jpg
11KB, 196x244px
>>52442187
>>52442173
His name is Brock. He's brown.

I'm afraid that's all we know.
>>
>>52442194
Is this a common issue in /pfg/ games? I kind of like combat.
>>
File: image_400x400.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image_400x400.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>52442187
>>52442203
This man is brownish, and also named Brock. Our CSI department's report indicates there's a 130% chance this is your man. When you find him, be wary of his balls.
>>
>>52442223
i think this party in particular is very talkative, and there were extenuating circumstances that made SwimmingEagle hold off on combaty stuff.
>>
>>52442223
Next session is definitely combat. We're surrounded by dragonoids with axes and crossbows.
>>
>>52442223
>>52442240

Well lets put it this way. One person had to play from their phone, and trying to see the battle map behind seven player tags is hell.

So i kinda steered it away from combat by adding in the rival for things.
>>
>>52441521
I once had my character take off her armour to look pretty, and attempt to make the half-orc in the party jealous that she was getting pretty to go out and meet someone.

She got assassinated because she wasn't wearing any armour.
>>
>>52442247
>One person had to play from their phone
I didn't even know Roll20 supported phones.
>>
>>52442294
If you're on your phone you get the text box and that is pretty much it. It has no phone interface.
>>
>>52442109
>Pic related basically occurs
Wew, it didn't stop there.
>>
>>52442294
If you have the premium service it does.
>>
>>52442294
It doesn't, we used Discord and had someone roll for them in roll20.

Disasters happen, their power cord for their laptop blew out earlier that day.
>>
>>52442294
The person here. It doesn't. I was trying to see things from half a webpage in Safari.

Dumbass laptop charger shorting out two hours before session start.
>>
>>52442266
Uh...Stack?
>>
>>52442321
>>52442329
>powercord blowout
Jesus Christ how horrifying
>>
>>52442343
Right?
>>
File: 1487774475444.jpg (54KB, 225x234px) Image search: [Google]
1487774475444.jpg
54KB, 225x234px
>>52442266
>I once had my character take off her armour to look pretty, and attempt to make the half-orc in the party jealous that she was getting pretty to go out and meet someone.

>She got assassinated because she wasn't wearing any armour.

What GMs do this?
>>
>>52442350
The same kind who think that having a character teleport in from out of fucking nowhere just to get raped.

Condolences to RotJR players.
>>
>>52442369
>The same kind who think that having a character teleport in from out of fucking nowhere just to get raped.
...is a good way to set a tone. Fuck I need to get some sleep.
>>
File: 1433596650959[1].png (156KB, 834x818px) Image search: [Google]
1433596650959[1].png
156KB, 834x818px
>not wearing glamered armor or sleeves of many garments to look pretty AND protected.
>>
>>52442390
In my Mythic RotRL game I got a +5 Glamered Comfort Noqual Breastplate. I loved that thing. Let my character show off his sweet tats.
>>
Why is Pathfinder played by the most damaged people I foundd two groups one had 2 trannies and the other had 1 with a faggot.
>>
>>52442390
My character just had a magic ring that let her transform from normal teenage girl to the armored Champion of arcane Justice, Holy Ruby Paladin Guardian
>>
>>52442413
Paizo acknowledges them with awkwardly handled AP characters and magical girl archetypes.
>>
>>52442413
For the same reason you haven't killed yourself.

Life is simply unfair.
>>
>>52442413
They're probably attracted by Paizo's MEANINGFUL writing. Look for groups that play it despite the writing instead.
>>
>>52442413
>why would ostracized, discriminated minorities want to find escapism

Think about your question for a second.
>>
>>52442413
If you stop playing Pathfinder that'll be one less damaged person playing.
>>
>>52441915
Magus just blew a significant amount of daily resources on this for one decent immobile full-round attack, the fighter didn't do that. And the Fighter isn't a real fucking class, try a barbarian or a rogue at the very least.
>>
>>52442421
I've played that VN, anon

>tags: mindbreak, corruption, stomach deformation, parasite, toys, rape, bdsm, ntr
>>
>>52442465
>mindbreak, parasite, rape
Tell me more.
>>
File: don't want.jpg (32KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
don't want.jpg
32KB, 600x443px
>>52442465
>>
>>52442471
https://vndb.org/v8290

its already translated along with its sequels
https://vndb.org/v8300
https://vndb.org/v8486

Its really worth a good fap
>>
>>52442473
>people still use the picture I used to describe NTRdwarf
>>
File: tumblr_n85pcsYbIn1rhswz4o1_1280.png (305KB, 1000x950px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n85pcsYbIn1rhswz4o1_1280.png
305KB, 1000x950px
I NEED A GOOD NAME FOR A COASTAL TOWN

FORESTY AND DAMP LIKE LOVECRAFTS INNSMOUTH BUT IN A MIDDLE FANTASY SETTING

pic related...kind of.
>>
>>52442465
W-what? My character was just a cute lesbian 17 year old with a deep and unrequited love for the party's busty necromancer. None of that weird stuff, just a cute athletic girl pining for a voluptuous older woman.
>>
>>52442503
Smellwad.
>>
>>52442503
PREDOMINANTLY A FISHING VILLAGE
>>
>>52442413
Well, wish we could say we're different
But
Publicly Lewd Degenerates had 20+ apps, And I was even considering making 1 myself.
>>
>>52442350
Ex-GMs
>>
>>52442531
What would you have made?
>>
>>52442503
Côte de Voile.
>>
>>52442503
Olansport.
>>
File: 2hu Aya wants to know more.jpg (19KB, 282x322px) Image search: [Google]
2hu Aya wants to know more.jpg
19KB, 282x322px
>>52442124
>>52442049
Okay first of all
>Any magus
>20 Dex at level 3
nobody in their right mind wastes point buy like this
>fighter with one feat used
whyyyyy

The math is fucked to shit and back, and you're also assuming that blowing assloads of resources is equal to constant DPR.

That Magus likely only has a +9 attack bonus when using his arcane pool. Which tanks to +7 if he uses spell combat to cast a spell. If he hits a dude normally, he will be doing 1d6+7. This is a hot 10.5 damage average. Shocking grasp at 3d6 is an average of 10.5 damage in exchange for a 1st level spell slot. Does he add +3 to attack rolls with shocking grasp if the target has metal armor? Sure, but you assume he's fighting shit with metal armor. Assuming both attacks hit the Magus got lucky when he just blew a big chunk of resources to alpha a nigga for 31.5 average.

To compare to the 20 Str Fighter, let's dial it back to something that actually makes some fucking sense. This bitch has four feats to work with. Assuming bare minimum is that he takes Power Attack, Weapon Focus, and Furious Focus, he has a +8 attack modifier without any magic weapon. Assume, like any sane individual, he has at least a masterwork weapon. Now assume he's taking a Greatsword because he's not a moron. His attack roll is +10 (BAB+Str Mod+Mwk Bonus+Weapon Focus) and his damage, with Power Attack, will be 2d6+10. This is 17 average damage with absolutely no daily resources spent, because our friend Fighter has no daily resources to spend because he is a fucking tool. Barbarian VMC would be online at this level, and would increase those numbers.

Can the Magus do more damage? Yea, he totally could if he manages to hit both times and blows resources. This doesn't excuse your point of comparison being stupid. Also, the net result result of literally any enemy with 14 AC getting hit by either of the above is the same goddamn thing.

It dies in one shot.
>>
>>52442503
Mistwyre
>>
>>52442532
Stack man, take off the trip.
>>
>>52442538
A Synthesis Summoner that would have had the tome partially fused to him.

Would have had him fight between being a composed, functional man and Raving beast that wants to Fight and Breed. Having his story end with a "Maybe it's better this way" or "This is who I am now"

Would look like pic. And Was in fact inspired by the Marvel Symbiotes.
>>
File: v300mfa.jpg (450KB, 720x1100px) Image search: [Google]
v300mfa.jpg
450KB, 720x1100px
Y'all are super nerd who can't even recognize that you're running a sub-par game com pared to dungeonworld or dnd 5e
>>
>>52442639
lol! Look at how he's fiddling with those red whips!
>>
File: aaAa3Wo.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
aaAa3Wo.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>52442668
>>
>>52442668
I recognize it, but I'm so comfortable in this mediocrity, so you go away.
>>
>>52442668
* compared
>>
>>52442687
Listen, just because I'm drunk doesn't mean my point is any less valid. It just means the only thing stopping me from mis-typing is the red lines appearing under=nearth my words
>>
>>52442725
Also, "nerd" is supposed to be the plural form unless you're implying this entire thread is one guy at a shitton of computers.
>>
>>52442668
I've already tried Pathfinder 5e and Pathfinder Dungeon world. Do you know of any other good Pathfinder systems?
>>
>>52442740
What part of drunk don't y'all understand!
>>
>>52442754
I'm still surprised no one brought up Alchemists in all this. Vivesectionist must give the one anon an aneurysm.
>>
Blingmaker apps ramping up fast.

Lots of fightgirls too.
>>
>>52442833
To be honest, I've never read anything past the original CRB from like... 8 years ago?
>>
>>52442851
>playing core-only for 8 years
Jesus whore, how christifying.
>>
>>52442850
>Already overtook Shardwalkers
WILL IT BEAT LEGACY BEFORE THE END OF THE WEEK?
>>
>>52442851
Didn't mean to quote you senpai, was just commenting on the earlier freakout over magus doing its one job of "hit the dude".

Also how the fuck have you only read core, unless you don't play Pathfinder. In which case: why are you here?
>>
>>52442740
Are you implying I'm not the only guy on the internet?
>>
File: hluoPfw.jpg (162KB, 700x768px) Image search: [Google]
hluoPfw.jpg
162KB, 700x768px
>>52442866
Pft, 3.x nerd!
>>
>>52442878
But if you are, then who am I?
>>
>>52442892
Worthless!
>>
>>52442109
>Calsi/Aurora ship is probably going to be a thing

This wasn't supposed to happen...
>>
>>52442850
Tanith Ladon
Seska
Wektu Vaxt
Samanhe Restinsk
Milre Abharask

Pick 3, Fuck, Marry, Kill.
>>
File: 3z5avendpdny.jpg (627KB, 4223x4209px) Image search: [Google]
3z5avendpdny.jpg
627KB, 4223x4209px
>>52442932
Heck them all!
>>
>>52442952
If you're picking for awoo then it's Seska. She's got the ears and a doggo friend.
>>
>>52442966
>>
File: Seska.png (690KB, 568x800px) Image search: [Google]
Seska.png
690KB, 568x800px
>>52442974
Anon, why does a full-awoo make you cry?
>>
File: hippity_hoppity.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
hippity_hoppity.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
So /pfg/ what's the new meme/bamboozle game/2hu shenanigan/etc?
I've been away for a bit.
>>
>>52442989
If you saw that picture you would understand why I'm crying.
>>
>>52442668
Dungeon World is super terrible, though.
>>
>>52442932
Seska > Anna > Maria > Milre = Samanhe > Tanith > Wektu
>>
>>52442999
We're inbetween memes.
>>
>>52442999
Nice trips froggo man! Make an ancap Grippli gunslinger from the River Kingdoms and take over Brevoy!
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73064/blingmaker
>>
>>52443004
Is it because your waifu isn't real?
>>
>>52442999
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73380/estervale
>>
>>52443027
Neither is yours, nerd! ;;;;;;;;;
>>
What happened to Gloriana and Cashmere?
>>
>>52443037
Anon, what if I told you that I am my waifu?
>>
File: kZEX7VE[1].jpg (91KB, 839x492px) Image search: [Google]
kZEX7VE[1].jpg
91KB, 839x492px
>/pfg/ campaigns will soon base their applicants on shipping and popularity contest
>there will be a lot more waifu and husbando apps
>>
File: mmQ9Xbn.png (414KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mmQ9Xbn.png
414KB, 800x800px
>>52443044
Then I hope you live a happy laifu!
>>
>>52443049
Who's to say we aren't already there?
>>
>>52443057
The fact that relative unknowns keep getting picked, instead of just the ones that get shitposted about?
>>
Aaaaaand I guess I might as well shill my Eberron E8 game one last time since we're still looking for one more player, and character apps close tomorrow!

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
>>
>>52442932
Fuck, marry, kill? Milre, Samanhe, and Seska, respectively.
>>
>>52443049
Stop making me want to make a /pfg/ game just so I can shit all over the popular characters.
>>
>>52442932
>>52443007

Basic summaries:
>Tanith, evil dragongirl who just wants to make you part of her horde and shower you in gold.
>Seska, awoo punch girl with grotesque muscles and cute glasses. Gap moe.
>Wektu, a huge blonde musclegirl girl who signed a deal with the devil.
>Samanhe, muscular half-elf archer who just doesn't want to be poor again.
>Milre, gnome smolfighter with an implicit foot fetish. Prefers human men.

Marry Tanith, she'll spoil me rotten.
Fuck Milre, my dick will seem huge.
Kill Wektu, she's very orange.
>>
File: 1464051192112[1].png (504KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464051192112[1].png
504KB, 919x720px
>>52443049
>every session will have steamy sexual tension between characters
>/pfg/ will be fanwanking their favorites just like how /a/ fanwanks over the best girls in their animu series

the waifuwars has only begun
>>
>>52443102
Everyone wants waifu wars, and here I am just hoping for a nice sensual penis to ease my tension.
>>
>>52443021
You've convinced me. He'll tame those wild lands in the name of individual liberties, the free market, and some god damn peace and quiet.
>>
>>52443095
>>52443007
>>52442932
What of the men, though?
>>
>>52443102
Eventually people will make ironic husbando posts, and the fujos will come out in full force believing themselves in similar company. Games will be 6 man parties, filled with men pretending to be women pretending to be men flirting with each other over the internet.
>>
File: can_t_stand_life_anymore.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
can_t_stand_life_anymore.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
>>52443131
You are a cruel prophet.
>>
>>52443038
Tomorrow, anon.
>>
>>52443131
We should hope it's men pretending to be women pretending to be men. Doomsday is that every group actually does contain some real women and people sperg over it, making every /pfg/ game a ticking time bomb until an autist sets it off not knowing the difference between IC and OOC.
>>
>>52443125
>Gregory, shy bookworm half-elf who's thirsty but also very cute.
>INVICTUS, only cares about magical power and didn't get along with his unexplained cleric family.
>Kyras, a huge manly man with heavy armor and a katana. Will bake you fresh bread.
>Andrei, socially awkward dude who I swear has never fucked his pet spider. Probably into bondage.
>Azuk the Conan the Barbarian, to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of the women.

Marry Kyras, he'll sweep you off your feet and probably spends money sensibly. Will bake you bread.
Fuck Andre, he's into bondage and spiders. Fear augments arousal.
Kill INVICTUS, he's the worst lay.
>>
File: 12204888_f520[1].jpg (48KB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
12204888_f520[1].jpg
48KB, 520x293px
>>52443102
There will be a campaign where it will be one male and several females, and /pfg/ will hit peak autism fighting over their chosen waifus in such a harem genre cliche
>>
>>52443095
>>52443186
Whelp, I was hoping to not get too deep into doing reviews again after flaking but I guess THE MEMES have brought me back.
>>
File: ZRjgLde.gif (587KB, 440x369px) Image search: [Google]
ZRjgLde.gif
587KB, 440x369px
>>52443187
We're all friends here!
>>
>>52443159
Is Vult really so eager to deflower them before anyone else has a chance to?
>>
>>52443186
>Kyras will bake you bread
>He'll ride up on a black horse in full armor and toss it down at you
>Loudly and vehemently proclaims that he's stolen it from someone else
>S-so you'd better be thankful, dammit!
>It's not like I've gone soft, fool!
>>
>>52443219
That is a cute boy.
>>
>>52443219
I honestly don't know if he Called for a side session or if they Asked for one. Looking at their apps, it wouldn't surprise me. One of they was practicing with a troll scenario, and got tips from others, then Continued based on the advice they got.
>>
>>52443268
Wait did any of this actually happen? I thought it was all jokes.
>>
>>52443246
I'm already calling Kyras x Milre. That shit could be gold.

>>52443102
>>52443049
All hail the new flesh.
>>
>>52442850
>Blingmaker game
>12 applicants, 436 views

>436 views
Yo, what the fuck
>>
>>52443049
>>52443102
I want a useless bunny only good for their sex appeal race, /pfg/
>>
>>52443286
>Small-sized girl
>Tieflings roll 2d10+Con on the table
Oh dear.
>>
>>52443281
Go back a few threads, that shits archived.

Oh yeah, and it happened in These threads. Forgot that detail.
>>
>>52443288
I'm not applying but I'm following apps for the memes.
>>
>>52443125
Lesee, we got...

>Gregory Burgatoni, the half-elven magus who wishes the spirit in his sword would shut up so he can enjoy himself for once
>Invictus, a joke
>Kyras Czarny, tiefling knight and follower of Ragathiel a shit god for twats seeking to become a legend
>Andrei Galand, poor boy from the backwaters of Brevoy who had a job as a woodland guide until he mistakenly thought spiders saved him from bandits
>Azuk the Undying, Numerian barbarian who disappeared to Brevoy to dodge vengeful techlords, hoping to become strong enough that he won't need to dodge them anymore

Marry Gregory or Kyras or Azuk, the first if you like Castlevania art and intellectuals, the second if you want to be the legend behind the legend and mend a broken heart?, the third if you want to be one of those topless girls from Conan or like to party.

Fuck none of them because all of the fuckable ones are marriage material.

Kill Andrei because he confuses me with his random fondness for insects and the only solution to confusion I have room for in my life is murder.

Let Invictus wander off and become a wizard with no sense of right or wrong because frankly I don't want to spend enough time near him to kill him.
>>
File: FLdfhYU.jpg (70KB, 800x628px) Image search: [Google]
FLdfhYU.jpg
70KB, 800x628px
>>52443302
>>
So! What sort of curses or ailments have your characters or party dealt with, /pfg/? Any still ongoing?
>>
>>52443095
Marry Milre (I visit short stack threads, regularly)
Fuck Samanhe (knife ears are Great bed warmers)
Kill Tanith (just kuz she's evil, I've fucked with evil once, never again)
>>
File: nYgKJwB.gif (1MB, 410x568px) Image search: [Google]
nYgKJwB.gif
1MB, 410x568px
>>52443345
The curse of weebness.
>>
>>52443316
>>52443095
But what boys and girls go good together?
>>
File: Hwanggot.png (992KB, 790x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Hwanggot.png
992KB, 790x1076px
What do people want to see in a campaign set in Hwanggot, OTHER THAN the following?

- Women being the warrior caste (canon in Golarion!)
- Sexy kumiho fox-girlfriends
- 13 Hwanggot turtle ships fighting 330 regular ships and winning
- Multiple rocket launchers
- Kimchi, bibimbap, dogs, and live octopi for food
- The queen secretly being the puppet of a cult
- The king getting shit all over for changing the alphabet
- Fans killing people in their sleep
- People dancing in a manner reminiscent of riding a horse
- Winter clothing giving an armor bonus against all projectiles, even firearms' touch attacks
- Women's jackets that bare the midsection if worn with nothing else on the torso
- National obsession with a board game that emphasizes base management and army construction
- Storekeepers defending their stores with bows and crossbows from the rooftops
- Noblewomen paying to have their flesh magically reshaped
>>
>>52443345
One of my players has a mauler familiar. I told him he can take Improved Familiar and have a mauler Improved Familiar (a Pooka, specifically).

We fluffed it as his familiar having been a Pooka all along, but it was cursed into the shape of an animal as a punishment for its unrepentant savagery and violence. Getting the Improved Familiar feat will coincide with him finding a way to break the curse.
>>
File: Shadowstorm (Raymond Swanland).jpg (92KB, 472x750px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowstorm (Raymond Swanland).jpg
92KB, 472x750px
>>52443345
The Plane of Shadow leaking into the Prime wherever they go.
>>
>>52443303
>>52443365
According to a recent WIP posted, she has 18 CON.

>>52443379
Azuk x Seska: Vanilla but rough.
Milre x Kyras: Cowgirl position.
Tanith x Andrei: Bondage, matches and wax play.
Gregory x Samanhe: Lights out, missionary with handholding and headpatting.
Wektu x Invictus: Death by snu snu.
>>
>>52443421
I think I know a Shadowdancer who wouldn't call that a curse at all!
>>
>>52443345
Oh. Hey, Fennec. Have you come to save us?
>>
>>52443394
>- Fans killing people in their sleep
kek
>>
Are parts 1 & 2 of the Hob AP dropping this month?
>>
File: tumblr_o2kgmokN0C1s02vreo3_400.gif (2MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2kgmokN0C1s02vreo3_400.gif
2MB, 400x224px
>>52443476

I don't know, but I can certainly try.
>>
File: despair_cutout.png (773KB, 1340x1080px) Image search: [Google]
despair_cutout.png
773KB, 1340x1080px
It is late at night and I am heavily intoxicated. I would like to answer questions about any of my homebrew or otherwise. Feel free to ask.
>>
>>52443444
Now what about WWW?
>>
File: dontforgettohavefun.png (163KB, 777x705px) Image search: [Google]
dontforgettohavefun.png
163KB, 777x705px
>>52443543
AWW YEAH, DRUNK DHB LET'S PARTY.
>>
File: Skeletal Champion.jpg (97KB, 792x794px) Image search: [Google]
Skeletal Champion.jpg
97KB, 792x794px
>>52443464
I also used the Creepy Effects table from Heroes of Horror.
I converted the Shadow template from Manual of the Planes to Pathfinder.
I had some of the planar traits manifest on the Material (all light spells are cut to half their normal radius).
Skeletal Champions.
>>
>>52443444
Any applicants to Blingmaker want to weigh in on this? I always wonder if this shit is going too far in a player's eyes.
>>
>>52443595
I'm making an application just so people post about me. I probably won't make it in.
>>
>>52443606
>Haven't made an application and people post about me
pfftftftft
>>
>>52443606
i know that feel
>>
>>52443543
that's quite the look of despair.
>>
>>52443543
Is it worth a one level dip in Savage Technologist for dexrage while building a gunslinger?
>>
File: Zhai.jpg (50KB, 720x588px) Image search: [Google]
Zhai.jpg
50KB, 720x588px
>>52443394
This sounds like Faerun.
>>
>>52443543
What is the ideal cup size on a waifu, 3D or 2D
>>
>>52443543
You sure about that?
Between your namesake, intoxication, and This place. Doesn't look like a good idea.
>>
>>52443543
DO YOU ACTUALLY SEE YOUR LACK OF SUCCESS WITH APPLICATIONS AS A SLIGHT AGAINST YOU?
>>
>>52443394
Dance routines. and leeeeeeeeeeeegssssssssssssssss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouoINUp2jqU
>>
>>52443629
I am not sure what is the difference between 2D and 3D. Can you convert that into american sizes.

>>52443633
I am not sure of anything. I've been having a really bad week.

>>52443627
Honestly I would say no because of the limited number of range rounds. You'll only be looking at 4-6 rage rounds per day which you will actually exhaust each day.

Of course gunslinger is not a class worth having after level 5 to begin with, at least as is.

You need Gunslinger 5/Savage Technologist 4/Alchemist 11. Feel free to just take out the Savage Technologist only for Gunslinger. This is low end optimization I can think of more if need be.
>>
>>52443595
I'm just amused.

It's only creepy if you start talking about players, honestly.
>>
>>52443644
Not really. I mostly see it as I have a pretty negative personality that doesn't lend itself to good adventure. I don't make for a good adventurer. I tend to unconsciously either try and make things about me/my character or change the tone towards negative due to my personal mental hangups.

I try and keep the making things about me in control, but the general tone of my roleplay is much harder to control.

These aspects of my personality come out through applications.
>>
>>52443628

Does Faerun have fox girlfriends and turtle ships? I don't know.
>>
>>52443543
>>52443627
I think the dip is worth it for vital strike + devastating strike + furious finish. If you go android, you are immune to fatigue.
>>
>>52443665
>the difference between 2D and 3D

He's asking whether you like tits big or small, anime or real.
>>
>>52443684
YOU CAN BE MY MAIN CHARACTER ANY DAY DHB. AND I'LL BE YOUR QUIRKY SIDE KICK.
>>
File: BlackKnight (1).jpg (247KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
BlackKnight (1).jpg
247KB, 800x1131px
>>52443595
I am now forced to consider what Kyras' type actually is, and how to divorce it from my own magical realm--which a few other apps have already planted their feet firmly in.
>>
>>52443665
>>52443688
With a heavy caliber weapon rail gun, I think this could work.
>>
>>52443688
I still think it is not worth it merely for the fact you have an extremely limited number of rage rounds. Vital Strike only becomes a viable option once mythic is in play and you can use mythic vital strike.
>>
>>52443726
How do you feel about Stalker Vigilante with Large Bastard Sword, Vital Punishment and Up Close and Personal?
>>
>>52443726
You are probly right, but I really want to do this with Solar Wind and Tempest Gale for a one-shot-kill-type sniper.
>>
>>52443726
>>52443747
Oh, and Leave an Opening. That one is important.
>>
>>52443707
There's something almost... ravenlike about that character.
>>
>>52443726
I don't see how mythic vital strike helps a ranged striker. Is there a way to get Dex multiplied instead of Str?
>>
>>52443749
I have built one shot kill snipers in the past and do like the idea conceptually, but at high levels due to the fact damage bonuses become far more powerful than damage dice this simply becomes unrealistic. The last time I did it was with a siege gunner build.

>>52443747
For this I would speak to a friend of mine's convoluted butterfly sting build. Which would force a Coup de Grace as a swift action in the first round of combat. It was one of my favorite PvP builds. He called it "Hello, Goodbye". It however lost to my build "Live and Love Again".
>>
File: Ferd-black-knight.png (559KB, 860x783px) Image search: [Google]
Ferd-black-knight.png
559KB, 860x783px
>>52443756
Look, there's only so many image search results I can use for "Black Knight" without posting Martin Lawrence.
>>
>>52443799
"Black Knight Fantasy Art"
>>
>>52443784
Do you name all your builds? They definitely make them more memorable than others.
>>
>>52443784
>siege gunner build.

Still got it?
>>
>>52443771
>mythic vital strike
It doesn't help with dex based ranged builds, but helps with bow ranged builds via composite longbows.
>>
>>52443784
>Live and Love again build
Curiosity has taken me.
>>
>>52443821
Unfortunately no. It preserved on paper for a Fate/Stay Night game as King Edward I with Warwolf. I don't have the paper any longer.

>>52443816
I fell into naming my builds for villains. Some examples include:
>Big Eater
>Rocktopus
>How We Fall
>Eye of the Storm
>Deep Winder
>Springtime Tiger
>Water Boy
>>
>>52443824
That doesn't help 'tall

Mythic Adventures >Mythic Feats >
Vital Strike (Mythic)

Benefit: Whenever you use Vital Strike, Improved Vital Strike, or Greater Vital Strike, multiply the Strength bonus, magic bonus, and OTHER BONUSES that would normally be multiplied on a critical hit by the number of weapon damage dice you roll for that feat.

Though this wording is fairly ambiguous.
>>
>>52443831
I also called it "The Iron Age". It was a build founded on the idea of as many Breath of Life effects as I could fit onto one character.

The last and most devastating being Contingency (Create Undead).

The great gladiator "Iron Age" after dying four times would rise once more as a juju zombie as the terrifying being "COLD IRON".

He was originally named The Iron Age because he was 70 years old.
>>
>>52443850
Some other I remembering are:
>Boy in the Bubble
>Weird Science
>9-11 Extreme
>I'm Banned From TGI Fridays
>You Gotta Be Kidding Me
>Boulder Shot
>>
>>52440820
Hey, anon. Any chance you could explain what's bothering you about Avowed that prompted you to suggest this to... uh, other anon?
>>
>>52443873
Haha wow.

That sounds like a boss encounter. No extra kill-y, rocket tag like gimmick. I've seen some gloat about making.
This is a pretty cool idea.
>>
>>52443893
Avowed needs 6 + Int skill points ever since the skill clauses got nerfed.

Come on, it's a Cha class.
>>
>>52443889
>Springtime Tiger
??
>>
>>52443893
Give the avowed Knowledge (all) as a class skill and update the pact class skills.
>>
>>52443945
This one honestly has a really boring explanation as it was based on a mishearing of a anime. The idea is anything that allows you to burn yourself later for extra power at the moment. It is the extreme version of a normal Symbiotic Slayer Vigilante mainly focused on an unarmed strike build that, if need be, could give an extreme power up by giving power over to the symbiote, The build's strength went from powered to nearly impossible to deal with depending on if it gave power over willingly.
>>
What books cover tian xia? I have a character idea and I need to know how realistic and common it would be (half-orc tian xien).
>>
>>52443909
Well, first off I'd like to ask why you think it needs that many skill points. I'm not saying it DOESN'T, but once we know the actual issue you're having we can work on a solution that satisfies everyone.

That said, my first thought is that I'm a little disinclined to push the Avowed towards a skillmonkey role for people who aren't focused on it, and there are gonna be people who are concerned about a skill point buff as making the class overpowered or overshadowing the Rogue or whatever.

THAT SAID, we do actually have a Bard or Rogue chassis here. I'll bring it up to Forrest and see what she thinks.

>>52443954
Can I ask why you think the Avowed needs Knowledge (All)? Unlike the Bard we're not trying to push it towards a role where it's always a knowledge monkey. The entire purpose of the Bard is that it's a chronicler and teller of stories, thus having Knowledge (All), where an Avowed is a psychic mage who got their powers from elsewhere. The pact skills mean you're not in the dark about your patron, but most Avowed HAVEN'T studied extensively like a Bard or Wizard.

If you find it's struggling in its role, though, we'll consider options to help with that, and we're not necessarily excluding your suggestion.
>>
>>52443975
That actually sounds sweet. More details?

Also, >>52443866
>>
>>52443954
>Give them knowledge all

That's fucking stupid. The only Knowledge All classes are shit like wizards, bards, investigators, incanters... People who's entire thing is 'I KNOW SHIT'
>>
>>52443989
Dragon Empires Gazetteer and Dragon Empires Primer. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>52443997
>That actually sounds sweet. More details?
It wasn't really super complicated, it just used the Legendary Villains: Vigilante and Legendary Vigilante material.
>>
>>52444010

Cool, thanks! Which of these regions is the most Not!China?
>>
>>52444030
Quain if you want to be in a wuxia story, Lingshen if you're more a fan of ancient Chinese warfare than ancient Chinese chivalric romance.
>>
>>52444047

I just want my character to have a chinese name (大肉) and not be totally impossible (like if humans don't exist in the region at all, then I would have to choose a different race)
>>
>>52444027
I guess I will need to review that. I don't recall any heavy combat bonuses when the Symbiote takes control.
>>
File: 1414539751154.gif (631KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1414539751154.gif
631KB, 640x360px
>>52444068
>大肉
>>
>>52444083
There is a talent that let's you allow the symbiote have control for bonuses. It was specific investment in that with the signature feats plus the empowerment talent and feats for that to try and focus in on it.
>>
>>52443996
Avowed doesn't have THAT much noncombat utility now. It's kinda shit in that regard compared to, like, an inquisitor.

The clauses totally eat up your class features and they're not even THAT good for skills except for like Silver Tongue.

6 + Int skill points is the way to go for non-combat utility.
>>
>>52443996
>Can I ask why you think the Avowed needs Knowledge (All)?

Because you took away Hidden Knowledge and now I'm salty as fuck that I have to take a gajillion clauses to be a knowledge monkey. I'd rather get Knowledge (All) to compensate.
>>
>>52444109

can you be a human and replace skilled with comprehensive education or whatever the fuck it is in inner sea races?
>>
>>52444115
But I don't want to be human JUST for this.
>>
>>52444125
Would a bonus feat sweeten the deal?
>>
>>52443996
As an aside, not in response to anyone - the intention of the con-to-knowledge feat, which we're aware there has been a lot of pushback against, was to give Constitution based Avowed an out-of-combat option comparable to Charisma's bonus to social skills and Use Magic Device. As we were already using a Dragon theme for these feats, the dragon's fluff of an innate, ancestral knowledge seemed ripe to use here.

An Avowed, or someone with the Dragon subtype, gaining Constitution to Knowledge is meant to represent their connection to the ancestral knowledge as they grow stronger and healthier. More like a Dragon.

Would it help if we tried to clarify that in the feat more, or is that a lost cause?

>>52444099
What does Inquisitor have that Avowed doesn't that's bothering you? We'd love to make more clauses that support out of combat options, but haven't had many ideas.

>>52444109
The problem is that people got really damn salty about the Avowed being better at Knowledge than a Bard. Not sure what to do here that wouldn't leave those people equally unsatisfied.
So, we're probably not going to bake that into the chassis. In part because it REALLY doesn't fit the class's concept.
>>
>>52444094
Where is the empowerment talent? Also in LV or LVV?
>>
Is there an option or archetype to do a "Green Knight"?
I would love to do a druidic knight that uses metal armor and weapons. I think the visual of a knight with vines crawling up his armor and covering his sword is really cool.
>>
File: aec00e064de4a335f2b8ab8107dcf457.jpg (832KB, 1150x817px) Image search: [Google]
aec00e064de4a335f2b8ab8107dcf457.jpg
832KB, 1150x817px
Blingmaker (Kingmaker) will involve Brevoy and bandits.

Will there be many ex-bandits with completely bizarre skills?

http://archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Brevoy%20Bandit
>[PFS Legal] Brevoy Bandit
>Source People of the River pg. 12 (Amazon)
>Category Region
>Requirement(s) Mivon
>You fled the persecution of Brevoy authorities and wound up in Mivon. Whether or not you are guilty of your alleged crimes, you seek to build a new life amid new neighbors. Choose one Profession skill and one ability score other than Wisdom. You add that ability score’s modifier in addition to your Wisdom modifier on checks with the chosen Profession skill.

Why is this the single best and worst trait in the system?

"Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Strength modifier to my Profession (midwife) checks. A stuck baby is no match for my rippling muscles!"

"Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Dexterity modifier to my Profession (barrister) checks. I literally dance around a subject!"

"Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Charisma modifier to my Profession (gardener) checks. My plants literally love me!"
>>
>>52444094
>>52444143
Nvm
>Symbiotic Empowerment
>>
>>52444168
I think your best bet is to try and get something like a suit of full plate made out of some kind of wood.
>>
>>52444142
>What does Inquisitor have that Avowed doesn't that's bothering you?

I don't have to blow spells to get huge bonuses to monster knowledge, detect alignments, track people, get huge bonuses to Intimidate/Sense Motive, and have 6 + Int skill points.

If the inquisitor can have 6 + Int, why can't the avowed?
>>
>>52444171
Other than being an Asmodean Advocate (and in that case, it'd be smarter to stick with WIS anyway), what's the best way to use a Profession skill other than making money in Pathfinder?
>>
>>52444193
Well, the Avowed does get free Detect Magic and a bonus sense from the Pact, which are kind of the actual comparison points there. Isn't that pretty good?
>>
>>52444142
>The problem is that people got really damn salty about the Avowed being better at Knowledge than a Bard.
There was a booty call mechamic, wasn't there? A clause that works fluffwise that's calling up [relevant entity] and mechanically acts as con to two knowledge skills (that are now class skills) might be a narrow but effective clause. Could also suggest craft skills and professions too. "The more your body can handle of infused power".

Not quite stepping on a bard's toes but giving a player a choice of a good specialisation of a couple of niche points.
>>
>>52444198
Use the optional Profession (Cooking) skill rules to make your allies delicious meals.

http://rpg.stackexchange.com/questions/92365/how-exactly-would-one-use-the-profession-cook-skill
>>
>>52444206
Detect Magic is literally a cantrip. Every other caster gets that.
>>
>>52444208
The booty call Guardian Spirit feat gives an extra skill point per level in addition to calling up your patron.

Mechanically, we'd rather it be a feat cost rather than a clause to keep it balanced with Altered Life/Unnatural Resilience.

>>52444222
Hgh, right, detect magic at will isn't much anymore. We've tried to include non-combat utility in all the pacfs regardless, but I suppose we could discuss giving each pact a skill bonus or the like.
>>
>>52444243
Make the Detect Magic some constant shit (no activation needed) because the avowed is so attuned to magic.

Spellburst Savant gets that as a RIBBON, and it's an FFS class too.
>>
>>52444171
>Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Constitution modifier to my Profession (cook) checks. I can stand the heat, so stay in the kitchen!

>Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Intelligence modifier to my Profession (neet) checks. I can post on 4chan!
>>
>>52444206
Alternate Pact Senses? Or scaling pact senses, perhaps? A choice of them?

Might bloat the class a bit much.
>>
>>52444171
>>52444270
I wasn't going to apply to Blingmaker but now I might.
>>
>>52444209
Not the anon you were replying to, but I don't see any optional rules there. That seems to be someone asking what Profession (Cook) is for outside of generating money, with the answer being "it makes things taste good, but can't mechanically generate food like Survival."

Am I missing where the optional rules are mentioned?
>>
>>52444171
>A STUCK BABY IS NO MATCH FOR MY RIPPLING MUSCLES
>John no
>JOHN YES
>>
>>52444258
Yeah, it's basically a ribbon here too. Or one pushing it up to parity with other casters. I'll bring up some other cantrip-level abilities that might make sense to give the Avowed for free as well.

>>52444258
Damn tempting. We'll consider it.

>>52444279
Probably too much bloat, yeah, and coming up with multiple options is a pain in the ass using time and effort we could be spending on trying to finish the Aspirant and Betrothed pacts. And further pacts.

>>52444270
Would it be tactless to bring up "Constitution to Profession (Librarian)" here to try to defend myself? ... I guess that's just Conan the Librarian, isn't it.
>>
>>52444329
I just came up with an explanation of our Con to knowledge in place of int's fluff. It's not actually a CHANGE, just... talking about this stuff.
But you use Constitution instead of Int because rather than using your actual memory and study to think about this, you're looking it up on Dragon Google, and you need a good enough internet connection. Which is how dragony you are. As represented by Con.

Does that make more sense?
>>
>>52444306
Tchaikovsky ALWAYS YES.

http://prozdvoices.tumblr.com/post/130420087295/tchaikovsky-doesnt-give-a-fuck-original-post-by
>>
File: 1474745157916.gif (233KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
1474745157916.gif
233KB, 720x405px
>>52444329
Constant Detect Magic would make lots of avowed very very happy!
>>
>>52444329
Books are fucking heavy okay?
>>
File: 1483689169344.gif (3MB, 360x249px) Image search: [Google]
1483689169344.gif
3MB, 360x249px
>>52444344
Not... really.
>>
>>52444358
... that's fair. We'll work on it.

>>52444356
Can we use THAT justification for Con to Knowledge? ... I don't know how to work the dragon fluff in.

>>52444351
I have no idea if that's true, but as long as it makes you happy, anon, it's worth it.
>>
>>52444344
Literally>>52444208
>"The more your body can handle of infused power".
>>
>>52444142
>We'd love to make more clauses that support out of combat options, but haven't had many ideas.

Honestly this is the way to go.
More out of combat options in a way that's unique to the Avowed.
The very first thing that drew me to the class was the idea of having all these fun, flashy and useful supernatural abilities I could use whenever I want, and the first clauses I picked were all along the lines of Nightfall, Fist of the Sky, Personal Gravity: thematic enablers.
>>
>>52444358
Poor doggo. Looks so confused.
>>
>>52444346
Holy shit kek, stealing that for a character concept.
>>
>>52444411
You ain't the only one.

Hell, a while back I was pondering a Bard Masterpiece that's just the 1812 Overture and lets you crew multiple cannons by yourself at once.
>>
>>52444398
... Yeah, that... that makes perfect sense. Thank you, Anon. This helps a lot. <3

>>52444403
Yeah, we'll work on it. This did originate out of a port, after all, so we're uncreative hacks who rely on other people's work struggling to find fun parts of Pathfinder to give the Avowed access to. If you have any ideas, we'd LOVE to hear them..
>>
>>52444403
>>52444447

In particular I feel like fun utility drops off past level 10. You get super situational clauses, battlefield control clauses, and useful but straight-laced clauses, but not many abilities that are just fun and useful to use over and over again.

Or, expand existing clauses without utility uses to have more utility. Attach ribbons to a bunch of the clauses.

Like, let Slumber for Eternity also let you manipulate and direct the dreams of sleeping creatures. Tar Trap can shape and cool the tar into crude platforms, statues and bridges. Winding Woods also lets you maintain major/silent images in the area along with phantom sounds.

Things that make clauses fun to use all day, even when you don't need them.
>>
>>52444403
>>52444344
Even unique mechanics are fun, comared to flat or scaling bonuses. Giving advantage to diplomacy/Bluff was a good example of alternative mechanics.

Instead of con to cha or bonus skills something simple and elegant that doesn't take more time to do but hits mechanics differently can be fun.

(of course this also makes the class more opaque in building but eh)

"Your Aether pulse signature belys your origin of your pact. Get bonuses (diplomatic) with pact allies and bonuses against (Intimidate) pact enemies."

Not the best example, but things that work with the skill system that aren't things you can pick up anywhere else.
>>
>>52444243
Yeah, why isn't every pact giving me a bonus in my pact skills? Give me a +6. Hell, give me free ranks equal to my level.
>>
>>52444464
>Things that make clauses fun to use all day, even when you don't need them.

The more I think about it the more this is the core of what would make clauses fun.
The name of the game is 'All Day'.
Have clause effects be versatile, cool or thematic enough to make someone look at them and think "Yeah I'm going to use this three times before lunch and then five times on the road and then twice before bed again /just because I can/, even though it's just showing off."

>>52444509
can't tell if serious
>>
>>52444534
Why of course I'm serious. Why wouldn't I be serious about free ranks in two skills?
>>
What is the absolute best DPS class-race build assuming only starting equipment and first 10 levels
1 encounter per day
2 encounters per day
5 encounters per day
10+ encounters per day
>>
>>52444464
This was also a problem the 3.5e Warlock had. We'll work on fixing that. Probably with a bunch of those ideas. Whee.

>>52444487
The Guardian Spirit feat does something similar to that - we'd love your thoughts on it.

>>52444509
Mostly because the pact skills are kinda bad in a lot of cases. They were mostly there so a Fiend pact Avowed could identify fiends, a Nature pact Avowed could identify fey, and so on. A bonus on Knowledge (Geography) doesn't help much. THAT SAID we'll think about giving bonuses to a thematic skill, which may or may not be the same as one you get as a bonus class skill.
>>
>>52444509
Stop that.
>>52444447

The sort of clause that is fun:
1: reliable, A L L D A Y that you can't get traditionally or easily. Example: constant spider climb.
2: either niche, or relies on skill rolls/enemy saves, good benefit but not 100% reliable, that you can't get elsewhere.

Flat or scaling bonuses will draw the powergamers because they're easily calculable but don't add any allure.

And, since this is all theory, how about a powered
Greater or final clause: by our powers combined
>Pact power flows in your veins.
>you may aid another in a skill check. When aiding this person, add up to half your bonus in the skill instead of +2. Every other person aiding this person ALSO adds half their bonus.
>>
>>52444552
Pathfinder is unbalanced shit buy i dont know
>>
>>52444552
>What is the absolute best DPS class-race build assuming only starting equipment and first 10 levels
See this? This is why we normally have "please say what point buy, if 3pp is allowed or not" in the OP. It doesn't stop people from posting stupid things like this, but it does mean we can point at it and make them go away for a while as they try to work out what 3pp is and ideally forever because they don't actually have a GM to ask what point buy to use.
>>
>>52444603
See, the use of 'DPS' instead of DPR makes me wonder if you can get a higher DPS in the span of a single swift action due to the shorter timeframe than you could in a full turn. Maybe if you optimized one of the swift or immediate action attacks...
>>
>>52444627
Won't the DPS champion pretty inevitably be a Quickened Fireball sorcerer?
>>
>>52444631
We can go faster.

FASTER.
>>
>>52444603
Geez, use whatever point buy system DMs usually find acceptable, stop being a little bitch and answer the question. Think about the difference between a single strong enemy and mutiple weaker enemies too
>>
>>52444558
>The Guardian Spirit feat does something similar to that - we'd love your thoughts on it.

It's fun, but does rely on you having a patron who's still supplying you with the powers as opposed to the hands off patron thing. I was just thinking of other ways to give interesting mechanics - "you get narrow X, also narrow " works fine and is fluffy, "You get X, also narrow Y" also is a good thing. As >>52444464 said, ribbons can be fun. (just don't go overboard on situationals because they can be a pain to keep track of)
>>
>>52444346
>Tchaikovsky, you can't use 21 cannons in your song
>I cannon I will
>>
>shitty memedog attempts to move plot forward and does not understand why these two attractive women hate each other
>>
>>52442639
That would have been cool, Anon.
>>
>>52443305
>somebody posted it
>must be real

Anon, really?
>>
New Thread
>>52445158
>>52445158
>>52445158
>>52445158
>>52445158
>>
>>52445145
That actually did happen.
>>
>>52443629
32L, like my ex-wife
>>
>>52445165
>>52445145
The thing is that wasn't actually the player writing, it was just some random anon.

The player(?) did comment on it to say "while you've clearly read the setting info, if I were to write it I'd have definitely put in something about torn clothes, currently it could be any girl who's being assaulted."
>>
>>52445165
That doesn't make it true, though. Like, I'm Vult, and the entire PLD process has been a sham so I could ERP with some cute boys pretending to be girls.

Bam, now it's true, right?
>>
I have my players dealing with a smuggler network, but in the last battle two of them got captured. I'm planning to have them be put under a geas and sent back with a mission.

Any good ideas?
>>
>>52445384
Two geases. First geas is to never mention or hint about being under a geas. Second is to provide truthful information on market prices and patrol routes to the smugglers by means of dead drops (letters dropped off without anyone knowing).

It's honestly too risky to do much else with geases.
>>
>>52445408
Yeah, that much I figured. Also to violently resist any attempt of break enchantment, remove curse.
I like the dead drops, I would also somehow like to have both players have slightly different missions.
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.