[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you run a game based on Moby-Dick; or, The Whale?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How would you run a game based on Moby-Dick; or, The Whale?
>>
>>52441433
Gleefully?
>>
gurps
>>
Have an NPC promise to pay the PCs if they chase something extremely elusive with him/her. Once they find it the NPC dies because of thing.
>>
>>52441433
Players start as a pod of white whales.
Go on migrations, hunt giant squids, fend off sharks, just normal whale lvling up things.
Then have a whale NPC be hunted by a whaler ship.
If they manage to defeat it, sic more and deadlier whalers, until 1 is left to avenge their companions.
>>
>>52441433
I'd have the players play the crew of the ship, one or two might be new guys and the rest would have already been on the sailing with the captain for a few years and would be given extra information behind the scenes.

There would be very little combat encounters. No monsters or anything like that. At most some members of the crew might attempt a mutiny. Rather the story would be centered on individual crew members and their inner demons and them overcoming them. Even the whale would in the end be unimportant, only being the reason the ship sailed in the first place but not the reason any of the players stepped aboard.

It might be a fun little one-shot or otherwise short campaign, I don't think it can be stretched much further than four sessions at most. I wouldn't play it with average D&D players though, and certainly not with the average members of this board.
>>
Narrating a chapter of an encyclopedia about whales from two centuries ago in every session.
>>
Talk about boats for a couple hours
>>
I like the replies that say "talk about boats.and whales for two hours every other game" the best and they're the most accurate desu, but serious answer: run it as a monster hunting campaign with the PCs on a ship that hunts and kills sea leviathans for profit.

Each leviathan is actually a powerful pyschic entity and a god.
>>
ERP game where the players hunt down and gang rape a big titty whale as revenge for all the semen she swallowed.
>>
>>52441433
You'd have to work in the scene where the sailors all circle jerk after squeezing the sperm out of the whale.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.