[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1415: Seymour Asses Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 470
Thread images: 72

File: 1442013359136.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>52430446
>>
So for anime jumps where characters are foreign do you imagine they have their dub voices?
>>
What are your thoughts on sentient equipment?

Good idea? Bad idea? Does taking certain steps change whether it's a good or bad idea?
>>
>>52439410
I'm just trying to do a Jump man. The Jump itself is... thick in it's terminology and I've only been able to get some lore stuff because >>52431177 directed me to a decent lore respiratory which uses plainspeak. The whole Mr. Eaten thing is interesting but playing the browser game for dozens of hours, just in the grinding parts from what I've been led to believe from my searches, doesn't sound like a good time. However the lore is interesting and neat so I want to know more.

I'll shut up about this now, since I'm apparently ticking folks off.
>>
>>52439396
Asking again since the thread died.
>>
>>52439567
Anti-Supernatural defenses?
>>
>>52439567
A big rock.

I actually have no clue, I barely remember the series. Still looking forward to it.
>>
>>52439544
Actually playing out seeking Mr. Eaten's name is a huge trap.
Well as much of a trap as pushing the red button that says do not press could possibly be.
It nukes your whole character and even if you bail out you're still crippled permanantly. A huge waste of time and effort. Possibly even real life money if you're the sort to pay to win.

You really don't want to play for dozens of hours just to throw it in the bin.
However playing the actual game is quite fun if you like text based games and deep lore. So you should do it anyways for the rest of it.
>>
Is it intentional that there's no companion import option for the Drop-In origin in Bleach?
>>
>>52439567
Wasn't there a plotline with furry genes or something but they were addictive? How about something like that but not addictive?
>>
>>52439750
You're thinking Batman Beyond, the splicing gig.
>>
>>52439700
Apparently the guy is doing a complete redo on bleach. So may as well forget jumping for now.
>>
>>52439542
Good idea, but they really need to be handled with care. They've got thoughts and feelings too.
>>
>>52439802
No that's already happened. He's just going to touch up the new one and shuffle some stuff around.
>>
File: 5DQdk5oZzNgGc.gif (360KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
5DQdk5oZzNgGc.gif
360KB, 500x420px
>>52439567
The thumbs up. You gain the ability to know when and where in your relative vicinity it would make the most impact for you to simply step in, give a thumbs up then fade into the shadows.
>>
>>52439567
Scarecrow's fear gas, superhero/villain uniform, a seedy bar where lots of high powered people can hang out (like in that one episode where all the villains are hanging out and talking about their various run-ins with batman), and a snazzy jumpermobile that's highly customizable by the jumpers with tech knowlege.
>>
>>52439876
*Maybe not high powered, maybe 'exceptional, quirky people' was the phrase I was trying to use
>>
File: 10684808941.png (891KB, 1558x2000px) Image search: [Google]
10684808941.png
891KB, 1558x2000px
>>52439567
A box of refilling spare parts of making traps, bombs, and/or elaborate puzzles with.
A copy of that Minotaur's Maze game and possibly a robotic Minotaur to go with it.
An absolutely massive hammer.
A gun that looks like a gag gun, even fires the little signs, but can also fire real bullets.
A selection of umbrellas that each have a deadly contraption hidden inside.
A container of RenuYou that allows you to temporarily change your facial appearance.
A car with ONE ejector seat. Only one.

Also, seconding the seedy bar where exceptional, but quirky, people tend to gather that Nika suggested >>52439876. That idea is awesome.
>>
>>52439567
Maybe a big computer like what the Bat uses for his research, possibly as part of a one-man crime research facility?
>>
>>52439567
* Luxurious old-fashioned mansion on large property, butler optional.
* Secret underground lair with at least one concealed entrance and various trimmings (garages, dojo, trophy room, secure vault, mainframe, etc).
* Buying both mansion and lair allows you to have the two connected via secret passages.
* Dressed Up Like A Jumper: you can automagically apply your costume's motif/theme to anything else you possess, but you can only have one theme at a time (per purchase, just in case you have a second cape identity on weekends or something).
>>
>>52439613
>>52439627
>>52439861
>>52439876
>>52440151
>>52440195
>>52440253
Thanks for the ideas, everyone!
>>
>>52439567
A set of matching graves and a perk that lets me start future jumps with my parents dead.
>>
File: 1466813414582.gif (1010KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1466813414582.gif
1010KB, 320x180px
>>52440313
Glad to help.
>>
>>52440313
Oh, just thought of another one: A DVD collection of the Grey Ghost, Batman's favorite show.
>>
>>52440319
>Why are you like this, Jumper?
>Because MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEAAAAAD!
>>
File: sad cat eyes.jpg (201KB, 450x291px) Image search: [Google]
sad cat eyes.jpg
201KB, 450x291px
>>52440319
>>
>>52440319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdoM4rxPyYY
>>
File: BatmanChuks01.jpg (34KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanChuks01.jpg
34KB, 400x367px
>>52440319
>>
File: IMG_0725.jpg (77KB, 800x673px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0725.jpg
77KB, 800x673px
Those that went to Card Captor Sakura, did you take over Sakura's position as the successor? Or did you split them in half, giving her 26 of the 52 cards?
>>
>>52440373
>BECAUSE MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEAAAAAD!
>MY PARENTS ARE ALWAYS DEEEEEAAAAAD!
>>
File: IMG_0549.gif (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0549.gif
22KB, 400x400px
>>52440415
Oops forgot my name
>>
File: Puddin'.gif (3MB, 476x360px) Image search: [Google]
Puddin'.gif
3MB, 476x360px
>>52440319
I don't know about that, but thank you for the suggestion anyways. There will be a dead parents/tragic backstory drawback though.

>>52440347
Sounds like a good 50 CP item for Bat-Family/Vigilantes. Something like gif related (the pudding) for Drop Ins could go along with that.
>>
117. Shokugeki no Soma
Origin: Drop-In
Perks: Visualization, Regional Specialty [Italian], Impactful Taste, The Young Asura, Gastronomy, Godly Fragrance
Items: Headband
Drawbacks: Battle For Your Home

Honestly, getting kicked out isn't a lose condition, but I want to stay anyway. This is a nice break after 60 years of actual war. I get to spend my days making the comfiest food known to man. The only question I have to ask myself when making this is: What would Fran Madaraki do if she were a chef? This assures me both that my food will be beyond compare and the hatred of whatever god this universe has. A lot of ingredients are "custom", "home-grown", "literal trash", or "LSD", but that's just me expressing myself through cooking, like I was told to. I don't have many cooking perks, but I have enough learning perks to work this to my advantage and the ability to forgo sleep and just spend all the damn time cooking really helps. I can even get my companions to taste test Stem Cell Colony Ravioli and feel the comfort just wash through them.

I've been told it was like "Floating in a sensory deprivation chamber that sucks out all your ills through your dick".

>>52440378
I imagine it would be optional activation at the start of the jump and full of caveats like no plot important parents will die, and it's mostly for jumpers that immediately leave their family at the start of a jump anyway.
>>
File: BlindedByScience.gif (689KB, 495x278px) Image search: [Google]
BlindedByScience.gif
689KB, 495x278px
>>52440450
I... I need this. For Science.
>>
>>52440415
I was a bit busy collecting all my own powers, though we did get into competition a few times when a Clow Card got in my way, or she mistakenly went after a Jane Card.
>>
>>52440450
Dr.Quinzel is a miracle to the universe.
>>
>>52440450

Don't forget the Not-Harley follower anon
>>
>>52440461
>What would Fran Madaraki do if she were a chef?
This should be concerning on multiple levels.

>>52440450
That...like, what, vat of pudding?
sure we can't have the creamy inside?
>>
>>52440461
>What would Fran Madaraki do if she were a chef?
I fear the results
>>
>>52440415
Considering I'm planning to that the Drawback that turns all my powers into cards, I'll probably team up with her instead of trying to compete over them. Hell, I don't mind sharing some of them for ten years if she gives me a hand gathering the things.

I want to study the whole Powers into Cards thing anyways. I have some wild ideas when it comes to those and Kamen Rider Ryuki's Advent Card Device. Might be an interesting way to toss around powers between myself and my Companions.
>>
File: 1477752929145.png (484KB, 815x515px) Image search: [Google]
1477752929145.png
484KB, 815x515px
>>52440415
I just let her do the thing with the clow cards and provided support on the off chance it was needed. It's not like she does a bad job.
>>
>>52440569
>>52440575
I haven't forgotten, don't worry...

Deranged Fan- Somehow, you've attracted the attention of one of the crazies in Gotham- not surprising, considering how many there are- only instead of wanting to bash your face in they are deeply, madly in love with you. Fortunately, unlike most patients at Gotham, they're actually pretty attractive, and aside from their obsession over you they're relatively well adjusted. They've also constructed their own costume, which either emulates your own or shares a general theme that you have. (If for some reason you don't wear a costume they'll just wear whatever they think you'll like.) While they don't have any significant powers or training to speak of, they make up for it in moxie and their undying loyalty- and love- for you. They also have your choice of two 100 CP perks/skills. (100 CP, discount Drop In)
>>
File: Thumbs up.jpg (39KB, 480x459px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs up.jpg
39KB, 480x459px
>>52440632

Looking nice anon and thanks man
>>
>>52440632
neato.
>>
>>52439773
No there was an episode were catwoman was turned into a catgirl.
>>
>>52440863
That sounds amazing!
>>
>>52439544
>>52439631
Major spoilers and speculation for Fallen London and Sunless Sea below. Please do not spoil yourselves unless your are like the former of my quoted fellows and not planning on doing the content.

Funnily enough going beyond the Avid Horizon into the Place That is No-Place actually isn't a one-way journey. In Sunless Sea you can do that, for different reasons, and you can end up back outside the High Gate or before Frostfound. In addition, the Merchent Venturer is hinted at being a Seeker who is going through with the last rite of Finding the Name and the implications by his quote once you get to the High Gate makes it pretty obvious that he and the Captian (Who may or may not be a Seven Letter Named Being/Mr. Eaten/Salt who is constantly undergoing the journey through the Zea) will be coming back in different forms.

Speacifacllly the following quote:
You are through! All around you, the blistering, wonderful night of the High Wilderness. The stars watch you balefully. The winds of nowhere tear at your hair, strip away your skin. The Venturer is laughing. Your cargo unfolds like a map. "First," the Venturer says, "the Forge of Souls. Let's see who they'll make for us." Hints at some seriously odd implications in relivance to Seekers of Mr. Eaten's Name. The ones who basically walk there in the Fallen London ending weren't prepared enough is the basic idea I'm getting from The Venturer's Passage. You may not come back from it in the form you went in with but with proper preparedness you can come back. As in the fact that the Venturer was so prepared he was going to figure out who he was going to be made into by finding the place they (the Judgements I think) forged souls. This shows in the fact that you can leave a Legacy Item to your next character in the form of The Horizon Codex.
>>
>>52440895
Just to be clear, when he says that Catwoman became a "Catgirl", he means a furry, not a human with cat ears and a cat tail.
>>
>>52441088
That's disappointing.
>>
File: Izanagi.jpg (10KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
Izanagi.jpg
10KB, 191x264px
Would Personas, from Persona, count as summons? The way Personas are summoned is kind of weird so I'm confused on whether Summoning enhancement perks would work on them.

I'm also bummed that we can't choose pic related as our Persona or Thantos. Both of those guys are some of the most cool looking personas in the games.
>>
>>52441162
I always thought Personas were treated lke fancier Stands, more than anything.

But I suppose it's up to you more than anything, anon.
>>
>>52440971
Failbetter is actually making a sequel game to Sunless Sea set in the High Wilderness. Sunless Skies, appropriately enough. It's set an indeterminate number of years after Sunless Seas, and now you're exploring the grander universe of the setting in a magical flying locomotive. It looks really cool, but also really worrying in terms of plot. It's somewhat implied by what they've posted so far that the Dawn Machine has won. The star-empire of Albion is said to have a great clockwork sun illuminating it, and something is killing off the Judgements.
>>
>>52441162
Personas are just your soul given form. Not a new thing summoned. They're more like Stands.

>>52441189
They are basically Stands.
>>
Hey Val. Does You’re Some Kind of Scum only work on society as a whole, or on individuals, as well? Like, one of the examples given is that nobody would disapprove of you getting together with your sister. Is said sister included in that? What about your parents? What if she was really young?
>>
>>52441162
The sort of Persona that you get from the Velvet Room I'd say are summons. Those are just a sort of generic avatar of the Collective Unconscious's record of the legend, that you're temporarily hosting in your head. The personal Personas, though, those are part of the user manifested as a unique being, that's why they have those weird and symbolic designs instead of the more straightforward depiction that Velvet Room summons look like.
>>
>>52440415
I kinda actually played match maker with her and Syaoran, and also, every so often threw them a problem to solve together. Such as a dragon that would grow immune to either of their style of magic if one of them focused on it too much.

The dragon worked like a switch, Sakura takes the lead, switch on to immunity to the Clow Cards, and the same with Syaoran. The only way to win would to get the switch "stuck" and neither immunity is gained by attacking in tandem and blending their magic together.

Otherwise? I was Syaoran's classmate when I was off the clock as the Mysterious Mystical Mage M! I also went full Chuuni, sue me.
>>
>>52441191
Interesting implications all around. The New Sequence was an odd thing but I could see it happening.
>>
>>52441211

That's just rude anon, We already know she's an Australian you don't have to say even meaner things about her
>>
>>52441215
Except with the Jump the way it is, there's no way for a Jumper to have swap Personas like a Wild Card. So we're stuck with personal Personas.
>>
>>52441162
>not just making your own design for your persona
Theming around an arcana is not that difficult and you can out cool any other design if you put your mind to it.
>>
>>52441256
Incorrect. Non-Wild Cards can access the Velvet Room, too, they just have to attract Igor's attention somehow. Wild Cards are just something that he automatically extends an invitation to. The first three games didn't have Wild Cards, that's something that first shows up in Persona 3. Stack those charisma perks, use magic that lets you contact spirits, and you can probably get in.
>>
>>52441215
Wild Cards just have multiple "masks." They're still parts of the character's psyche.
>>
File: LOVE.jpg (1MB, 900x1314px) Image search: [Google]
LOVE.jpg
1MB, 900x1314px
Jumpers, how do you express your love?
>>
>>52441211
They're the same thing, works on both. Said sister won't find the concept repulsive like normal because of the perk but she's also unlikely to actually have those feelings because your siblings. Parents are the same as anyone else, affected. How young? Remember this is for relatively minor or small scale stuff. Going out with your sister when you're both around the same age, with a year or two's difference, is fine. Going out with a sister who is 10 years old whilst you are 20 is going to end with you in jail and everyone finding you a disgusting human being.

>>52441239
This made me laugh quite a bit on realising what you meant.
>>
>>52441316
Hugs, kisses, hand holding. The usual stuff, really.
>>
>>52441316
Actions. Taking care of people. Making sure that they're okay.
>>
>>52441314
Temporary parts. They can draw them forth from the Collective Unconsciousness and make them part of themselves, or discard them back into the aether. They're not unique aspects of their being, they're just the Wild Card taking advantage of their fluid psyches to take on part of someone else to wear for a while.
>>
>>52441199
>just your soul given form
Isn't it more your personality?
>>
>>52441360
Same thing, in Persona's metaphysics. The soul is what gives you personality, and how your personality evolves shapes your soul.
>>
>>52441360
It's your psyche, more like. Not just your personality, but you; as in, everything that makes you, you. It really is pretty close to being your soul, actually.
>>
>>52441297
That's an interesting thought. I wonder how the whole Persona affair would interact with Binding Magic from Dungeons and Dragons. It's essentially making contact with spirits between life and death and borrowing a portion of their power.

... That... that could have very interesting possibilities.

>>52441316
Thoughtful gifts based on what I know the person likes on special occasions. Otherwise I prefer to simply make time in my busy day to sit down and be with the person. Home cooked meals are always appreciated as well. Sharing a shower and washing another person is also a very intimate way to show affection.
>>
File: blushing pearl.png (275KB, 571x641px) Image search: [Google]
blushing pearl.png
275KB, 571x641px
>>52441316
Flowery language. I can get...VERY gooey, mushy, and poetic behind closed doors. Those nice words are reserved for them, though, and uh...well, because those sappy words come from a sensitive place in me, I don't want to say them publicaly becuase I KNOW people will laugh at them.

Also I take care of my lovers, obviously! And I HATE it when people disrespect them or harm them or imply that they're weak! I HATE it!
>>
>>52441330
Awesome. Thanks for the quick answer.
>>
>>52437826

That sounds complicated.
>>
File: TT_41_-_Cat-Woman.png (292KB, 709x480px) Image search: [Google]
TT_41_-_Cat-Woman.png
292KB, 709x480px
>>52439750
>>52440863
>>52440895
>>52441088
>>52441121

Man, I remember that episode from 20 years ago...damn I'm getting old
>>
>>52441391
Pearl is a cute! A CUTE!
>>
>>52441431
>not even a black cat
How do you even fuck up that hard?
>>
>>52441447
Makes sense because she was blond in show
>>
>>52441316
Is that the girl who cuts out her eye if you're nice to her? Or am I thinking of a different game?
>>
>>52441316
mostly physical affection--nuzzling, cuddling, wrapping up in tails, stuff like that. sometimes gifts, and making favorite meals for special occasions. taking care of them when they're sick or injured or just feeling down. pretty much lots of little things that come together to show an unconditional respect and care for them as they are.
>>
>>52441492
Pretty sure you're thinking of something else.
>>
>>52441330
Oh, hey Val, can Soul Power from Street Fighter be learned?
>>
>>52441514
>>52441492
No you are right, The name was teaching feeling, thought I don't have the pic when it happens.
>>
>>52441162
Do we have any perks that would pretty much guarantee that your Persona won't turn on you?
>>
>>52441436
I'll admit, Pearl has her moments, but I still think Lapis is cuter. And much less inclined to teach suicidal battle tactics to children.
>>
>>52441534
Nah, not really a learnable thing.
>>
>>52441567
Lapis is boring. The only reason people like her is because she looks more like a real person than the other gems so is more conventionally attractive.
>>
>>52441316
Cuddling. Handmade gifts. Occasionally baking, depending on my mood/gender.

...My dick?
>>
File: streetlight.jpg (120KB, 720x261px) Image search: [Google]
streetlight.jpg
120KB, 720x261px
>>52441316
Flowers, Food, Stories, Poetry, Handholding, Horrifying Sex, Adventure, Presents, and Dates (Usually walks or movies).
>>
>>52441587
Is Yoga learnable?
>>
>>52441721
Yes, many people have done so. Why, I hear there are even classes for that sort of thing all over the world. Cheap too.
>>
File: LET ME LOVE YOU!.gif (861KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
LET ME LOVE YOU!.gif
861KB, 300x225px
>>52441316

I once bred a new species of doves that sing serenades for them and created a miniature star and time-locked it inside a diamond necklace.

That and I also give surprise hugs.
>>
>>52441316
See >>52441339 and >>52441346
I also go out of my way to make things I think they would like, be that objects or food, as gifts, going on romantic dates, offering help for anything they really want done, etc. Sometimes by teasing them in small ways.
>>
>>52441747
Is mayo an instrument?
>>
File: 1395349336727.jpg (64KB, 748x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1395349336727.jpg
64KB, 748x1069px
How does this sound for an item for the Batman Beyond jump?

>Personal Weapon [200cp] (Discount: Legend): A powerful and durable melee or ranged weapon that possess a single unique trait. It could be a freeze gun, a sword with a blade as sharp as a molecule, a scepter capable of electrocuting foes on contact, or anything else that you'd see used by one of Batman's rogues.
>>Collapsible [50cp]: Your weapon can be condensed into smaller form, making much easier to carry and conceal.

The “Personal Weapon” cannot be anything ridiculously overpowered. I.E, nothing that could kill or disable supernatural or superpowered beings in one hit.
>>
File: d452f14eead283ddf0b22c2fccfd557d.jpg (497KB, 2000x1413px) Image search: [Google]
d452f14eead283ddf0b22c2fccfd557d.jpg
497KB, 2000x1413px
>>52441602
Well being closer to the conventional standard of beauty does tend to qualify one as cute, yes. And sure, from a certain point of view Lapis can come off as boring, but I think it's more a matter of being low-energy when the situation allows her.

I just think she suffers a bit from being a side character. She's only been in 12 episodes, plus a few non-speaking appearances on the sidelines of things, so her character hasn't been explored as deeply as Steven's and the other Crystal Gems. Hell, she's got less than half the screen time Connie has. I think she would prove much less boring in person.
>>
>>52441747
I actually laughed there, though I meant as it appears in the SF world, in all its mystic glory. Though, such cheap classes may exist in the SF world as well, I guess? The wiki's... not great.
>>
>>52441800
Heh. Seriously though, Yoga, in the sense of the stuff Dhalsim has, is learnable. It's hard and probably more then just a matter of putting in time but you are able to learn to do that stuff.

I assume yoga classes exist in SF's world. They're everywhere.
>>
>>52441777
...mayo?
>>
>>52441747
Val, how long would it take to master Senjustu if I also took Street Fighter? Same question with Soul Power, Yoga, and Ki Manipulation?
>>
>>52441825
Thanks. Sorry if I came off as stingy or something. I'm trying to move around CP and it's really hard. Y'all did great.
>>
>>52441716
>Horrifying Sex
You can't just not explain that shit, motherfucker.
That's like offering someone tea, milk, coffee, spiders, soda…
>>
>>52441833
It's a reference.
>>
>>52441316
I'd prefer not to state because the last time I mentioned love, Double Cross happened.
>>
>>52441879
Spiders?
>>
>>52441879
The man's got a point. People are going to demand explanations about the spiders and horrifying sex.
>>
>>52441778
Sounds fine to me.
>>
>>52441879
Spiders?
>>
>>52441865
Eh? Naw, just a joke. Also, Nu reminded me, but Dhalsim's also open to teaching students if they're dedicated, so he'd probably help your learning a lot if you find him.

>>52441835
Senjutsu likely takes centuries to 'master' as even Oro considers himself a novice in it, after his long life of constant training. Yoga would take a few decades to get to Dhalsim's level. Ki Manipulation doesn't really have a 'mastery' point, it's just something you train more and more. Soul Power I don't think we can say, given Rose isn't a master and we don't have too much of an idea of how it works or what the top end is like.
>>
>>52441935
Gotcha, thanks Val.
>>
>>52441897
>>52441905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOhwvRYlsU
>>
>>52441943
>Posting the video instead of continuing the joke
>>
>>52441935
>even Oro considers himself a novice in it
To be fair, that could just be his humility speaking.
>>
>>52441972
True, but even if so, the guy's already 140 years old. Either way, it comes down to 'a long time and a lot of effort'.
>>
>>52441879
Use your imagination. And this series of completely unrelated words.
http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRlbnRhY2xlcywgU2hhcGVzaGlmdGluZywgTWluZCBDb250cm9sLCBNb3JlIFRlbnRhY2xlcywgQ2xvbmUgRGVhdGgsIFNpemUgU2hpZnRpbmcsIEJvZHlzd2FwLCBQdWJsaWMsIEJvbmRhZ2UuIg==
>>
>>52441999
>number 5
Goddamn, English.
You're sick in the head.
>>
>>52441897
>>52441905
Spiders it is, then.
>>
>>52442031
No, that wasn't--
>>
>>52442020
Well what else am I supposed to do with the ability to create clones, copy my psyche onto them, and later fuse combined with being able to resurrect the dead?
>>
Jump #289: Fist of the North Star
>Death: Freedom from the shackles of the past. A new beginning.
>Age: 12
Wait, that doesn't seem right.
>Location: Holy Emperor Cross Mausoleum
In a nuclear apocalypse, I start in Hiroshima. Isn't THAT a delight.
>Identity: Drop-In
>Scenario: Hero of the Post-Apocalyptic World (+300)
Yeeeah, I'll be derailing some certain aspects of the plot. It completely ruins the focus of the story, sure, but this world is so craptastic that I am simply unwilling to let it continue.
>Drawbacks: Young (+100)
...crap. I can get anyone to take me-as-a-twelve-year-old seriously, anyways.
>"Omae wa mou shindeiru!" (Free, Drop-In)
"Let me count it down for y-" "OH GOD MY EYE!" "-damn, I NEVER get that right..."
>Dedicated Training (Free, Drop-In)
Hey, figuring out how to train others to be up to a reasonable standard is IMPORTANT. Not to mention it helps me know what I need to do to train more efficiently too.
>Self-Taught Style (1100, Drop-In)
All this talk of the northern star, the southern cross, rival styles... ugh. There are more important things! But no, everyone insists on fighting bare handed, and so I have to do the same to ensure my survival...
>Post-Apocalyptic Savior (800, Drop-In)
Sure, doomsday came and went in the early nineties, but that still leaves more than five hundred million people in the world. Fighting over scraps isn't a useful activity - you have to rebuild.
>Natural Talent (700)
At least this means I can push my training a little faster. I'll probably need it, at this rate.
>A Brilliantly Shining Star (300)
Have you noticed that I'm not really going all-in on the various martial arts, but the perks that get others to believe in me and my cause? I may want those fighting styles, but this world is too terrible to leave as-is.
>>
>>52442034
But she was already pouring him a brimming glass of spiders.
>>
>>52442077
>Post-Apocalypse Outfit (Free)
Never hurts to have the appropriate set of clothes. I feel like my Vault-Tec suit would not quite fit in here. Then again... for all I know, this IS what happened on the opposite side of the world from that nonsense.
>Weathered Cloak (Free, Drop-In)
Similar to the Wanderer's Cloak that I picked up from Sword and Sorcery. In fact, I may just use that one instead. It's much more comfortable.
>Companion Import (0)
The more the merrier, right?

A twelve year old appeared at a site where a pyramid was being constructed with slave labor, the child preaching justice, mercy, and reconstruction. It would have almost been funny if the kid hadn't been willing to engage the slavers in hand to hand combat. Sure, he wasn't on their level, but he was no slouch. The handful of people who were there with him? Turned out he was the distraction, and they did the heavy lifting... masses of slaves liberated and taken out into the wasteland. The would-be emperor found himself deposed by someone entirely different not long afterward, the shrine to his master incomplete, crumbling like his ambition.

Rumors throughout the wasteland spoke, in the years that followed that event, of a city that defied all logic. A city where food was plentiful, where sickness was banished, where the water was pure and all were safe. Against all logic, the rumors said, someone had been hard at work rebuilding Tokyo. Naturally, it attracted the attention of raiders, but it also attracted those who had not given up hope. The rumors were of course exaggerated, but those of pure water, grains and even livestock were true. And the raiders? Welcomed with open arms... so long as they were willing to lay their weapons down. Offered a home where they could be civilized rather than feral, a surprising number were willing to take the opportunity. Some, in fact, became traders - with a growing city that could export food, any number of people would happily trade resources.
>>
>>52442090
[Spider drinking noises]
>>
>>52442095
There were always those who would try to take what they wanted by force, and while it would perplex them that they were sent on their way with any amount of food that they could carry, those who came against the city using violence were dealt with handily - after all, having a home that can provide safety often serves as a good motivator to defend it, and there was enough knowledge gained from those that doctors started going out with the merchant caravans, to heal the sick, the infirm, the irradiated. Those with pre-war knowledge were treasured in the city, and found themselves valued members of the community and were encouraged to pass on their knowledge, their crafts. In a handful of years, a few small factories had come into existence, building the cornerstones of what could provide people with a comfortable life. Water and food purifiers. Furniture. Appliances. Even vehicles and power generators for those not close enough to the city to enjoy the joys that returned with electrical power.

This, of course, enraged the warlords that remained in the wasteland. How dare they rebuild, how dare they have this outside of their control. Strange twists of fate saw to it that one man declared to be a shogun without an army - a man by the name of Kenshiro. Many doubted the eyewitness accounts of his battles, but he faced his opponents boldly and with honor, and all he had to do was ask the leadership for anything and they would do their best to provide. In time, he fought his own wars, helping spread the light of civilization to distant corners of Japan and beyond, though he always had a home in that city.
>>
>>52442108
In under a dozen years, Neo Tokyo had rapidly transformed itself into the center of a Japan that was slowly beginning to rebuild itself. The city itself was ruled by a council, and while a military pseudo-shogunate was tasked with protecting the people, the leadership was civilian - which was unheard of after the war. They even went so far as to dig out quarries and ferry stone across miles of wasteland, building roadways across Japan to satellite cities that were starting to join the reconstruction. Radio towers were built, and even though the receivers were often pre-war relics or relatively primitive crystals sets, the radio still ferried news and weather reports to all within range... and hope of a better day to come.
>>
What's the best jump for perks to remove the negative effects of drinking spiders?
>>
>>52442157
Fate Stay Night has a 100cp perk for eating stuff safely.
>>
So a few days ago someone posted up a 10 jump challenge and it had me thinking.

Jumpers, if you were offered the chance to go on a chain but had to limit it to 3 jumps and no body-mod, before coming back to this Earth (no spark), what jumps would you take?
>>
File: 1480296813251.jpg (173KB, 460x760px) Image search: [Google]
1480296813251.jpg
173KB, 460x760px
>>52442070
>>
>>52442070
I'm gonna go out on a limb and says "Not That".
>>
>>52441162
Do you think anything would happen if you scratched your Persona with a Stand Arrow?
>>
>>52442251
SOMA, Mad Max, and Darkest Dungeon. No, I'm not kidding.
>>
>>52442251
>Madoka (Sayaka)
>Discworld (Great Magic)
>Sburb (Even if I can't get a spark, I can still get a Master Class).
>>52442255
>>52442265
And I will respect that you have a different opinion, along with acknowledging I might have stared into the figurative abyss for too a bit too long.
>>
Are you cuter then what someone who's only heard of what you've done would think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWq0Jm32vXw
>>
>>52442326
I'm honestly surprised no one has compared you to bancho yet.
Not trying to put you down, but that IS some weird shit. You didn't undersell it one bit. Horrifying sex.
>>
>>52442353

I've been called cute before, more than a couple times. I don't really see it, but it's always really flattering.
>>
>>52442372
It's probably because it wasn't unprompted, and she didn't actually post it in the thread.
>>
>>52442372
I am almost certain that it is SUPPOSED to be.
>>
>>52442251
>Undertale
>Steven Universe
>Gravity Falls

You forced me to choose and I picked friendship over power. I don't know whether to curse you or thank you.
>>
Just saw trailer for "It"

Who would take that jump with only body mod?
>>
>>52441191
I know right? Already waiting for my kickstarted copy.
>>
>>52442414
All you need is an inhaler and a slingshot and he's done for.
Pennywise is not actually threatening if you bother fighting back.
>>
>>52442420
Oh hey Clover is the Search for Mr. Eaten's Name a trap option? What with what >>52440971 pointed out. Can a person, with a godaweful amount of prep return from the void/space place?
>>
>>52442251
Infinicon, HeroBBS, Supreme Commander.
>>
File: tokiomi.png (103KB, 418x619px) Image search: [Google]
tokiomi.png
103KB, 418x619px
so should I make sure rins dad survives the 4th war in fate zero? He doesn't seem so bad for a mage.
>>
>>52442409
Don't know why but that picture makes me sad, what happened to people missing in photos?
>>
>>52442414
Put all your points into your Strength, Endurance, and Speed, and you're golden.
Run all day at 30 mph, sprint at 60 to 80. Lift a quarter of a ton casually.

Just get a bat and knock the Crimson King-serving shit out of him.
>>
>>52442542
He sold his daughter to Worm-lord. Kill the son of a bitch.
>>
>>52442251
>Demons of Astlan
>Hero Union BBS
>Rick and Morty

A toolbox diverse and powerful enough to solve nearly any problem that arises on this world, immortality with the mental fortitude to endure and bestow it, and the capacity for more adventure further down the line.
>>
>>52442570

You do realize that in the full context of the situation he was trying to give her a future as a mage and had no idea that his family's allies for nearly (over?) a century was actually completely controlled by a total monster, yeah? That he was actually a very loving father?
>>
>>52442570
Gonna be honest with you.

While that one fic where he got tricked into thinking happiness worms are a thing is just comedy... I really doubt Tokiomi would approve of his daughter being used as a glorified magical foci, considering his entire reason for giving her to Worm Fuckboy.

Uh, what I'm getting at here, is you should use the canon companion option in /Zero to adopt Sakura and cultivate close ties between your family and the Tohsaka.
>>
>>52442595
Zouken is pretty infamous in the magus world, and the Tohsakas are their closest allies. If he didn't know about the rape-worms I'll eat my hat.
>>
>>52442251
Hmm this is tough.
Infernals for sure

The other two I'm not sure. Probably two of these:
Infinite Stratos
>I like flying mecha plus I would get an AI. It also has a perk that makes me a super genius.
Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban
>Free companions plus the fact that I feel that its a super appropriate jump for this situation.
Eclipse Phase
>Its tech is cool.
Lunars
>Shapeshifting is a no brainier.

Most likely of those four I would take Lunars and Infinite Stratos.

Though if I ever complete the jump I'm working on then I would might take that instead of IS.
>>
>>52442464
It's pretty much conceived as a trap option from a Fallen London viewpoint, but given the even weirder nature of Sunless Sea you won't die in that jump. Given that certain endings require seeking and all.

But both jumps are pretty much "neath locked" given that the furthest you can go surfacewise is Naples and Vienna ingame. Not touching the issue of parabola.

Also there's not much i can say about going back and forth from Earth and High Wilderness until Sunless Skies so it's a moot issue.
>>
>>52442595
It's Justiceanon. Of course he doesn't take context into account. There are three kinds of people for him: Waifus, non-waifus, and those who hurt his waifus enough to give him cause to pretend to be a moral paragon.
>>
>>52442612
What jump are you working on, anon?
>>
>>52442570
People like you make me glad this isn't real.
>>
>>52442650
So... maybe? Depending on what we learn of things in Sunless Skies?
>>
>>52442609
>adopt Sakura
welp. that's one way to snowball that place.
>>
>>52442609
>adopt Sakura
Good Option. That kid needs a good parent.
>>
>>52442251
Forgive me for the powergrab, but...

Jump 1. Either Overlord (Series) or Infernals. Maybe Touhou Project, if I'm feeling nostalgic when the Benefactor grabs me.

Jump 2. DC Occult. Good odds of dying here, even compared to the previous choices. However, my reasoning for this is to buff my Companions to high hell, connect the four worlds I might potentially go to through the Dimension Lord dimensions, and ensure we have somewhere to run to when the universe dies (if we don't manage to use magic to counteract entropy, anyway).

Jump 3. Sburb. The various Master Classes will be indispensable for extending the life of my home universe, and I will hopefully have a ludacris amount of companions by the point we get here in order to maximize the cheese.
>>
File: Restaurant quality hat.jpg (7KB, 286x140px) Image search: [Google]
Restaurant quality hat.jpg
7KB, 286x140px
>>52442611

>When Kariya confronts Tokiomi regarding Sakura's adoption, Tokiomi only declares that he can think of nothing greater than for one daughter to be renowned as a legendary victor and her sister to be known as her formidable opponent. Towards the end of the war, during Tokiomi's visit to Rin, his true intention behind adopting away Sakura becomes apparent.
Aware that both his daughters possessed exceeding rare sorcery traits: Rin possessed all five elements while Sakura, though lacking all five, possessed Imaginary Numbers, Tokiomi knew that the daughter he did not train as the Tohsaka successor would be manipulated and used because of her unusual nature.
In order for Sakura to fulfill her innate potential to become a powerful mage, Tokiomi wanted Sakura to learn the magecraft of the Matou family, so that she would be able to protect herself from others wishing to use her as a result of her lineage.
>>
>>52442611
No one even knows Zouken is still alive.He poses as his own descendants to conceal his immortality.
>>
>>52442727

Ugh, hate formatting on this shit sometimes.

>When Kariya confronts Tokiomi regarding Sakura's adoption, Tokiomi only declares that he can think of nothing greater than for one daughter to be renowned as a legendary victor and her sister to be known as her formidable opponent. Towards the end of the war, during Tokiomi's visit to Rin, his true intention behind adopting away Sakura becomes apparent.
>Aware that both his daughters possessed exceeding rare sorcery traits: Rin possessed all five elements while Sakura, though lacking all five, possessed Imaginary Numbers, Tokiomi knew that the daughter he did not train as the Tohsaka successor would be manipulated and used because of her unusual nature.
>In order for Sakura to fulfill her innate potential to become a powerful mage, Tokiomi wanted Sakura to learn the magecraft of the Matou family, so that she would be able to protect herself from others wishing to use her as a result of her lineage
>>
>>52442681
In sunless skies everyone will be travelling through the wilderness in style. If you are traversing the infinite blackness of space, why not do so in a locomotive?
>>
>>52442665
>What jump are you working on, anon?
I don't want to say in case tomorrow some decides to claim it and I don't have to continue struggling to make it.

But more seriously its my first jump so I'm super nervous and I don't want to actually claim it until its practically done. I should hopefully post a rough draft/WIP next week.
>>
What was the ruling on Standsonas again? They're both manifestations of your soul, right? They're similar enough in both origin and function that having two seems unnecessary.
>>
>>52442756
I have the opposite problem, I claimed the jumps I wanted to make because I don't want someone posting a completed version and my efforts to be in vain.
>>
Wait we have a fate zero jump?
>>
>>52442800
yep, by val
>>
>>52442744
Ah true. Though if one is immune to being spaced/starved/thirst/etc could one survive being a Seeker?

>>52442800
Yep. Valeria made it.
>>
File: 1165162654.jpg (759KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1165162654.jpg
759KB, 800x1200px
>>52442251
Hero BBS because it only does everything.
Exalted Infernals because solipsism is totally healthy.
Also DBZ because I'm a hopeless fanboy.

I think that covers just about everything I need. Nonspecific universes are more than fine for adventuring and anything I'm missing could more than likely be developed as a charm.

I was considering swapping out DBZ for generic xianxia so I could powergame like a motherfucker and break it in half, but after thinking about it that's a lot less fun and a lot more endless mind numbing work.
>>
File: Eclipse Phase Jump.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse Phase Jump.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
So I'm confused how the Skill Packages I bought at the beginning interact with the Utility Mods section. Am I essentially paying twice for what I bought?
>>
>>52442808
And would someone kindly post it to thread?

>>52442819
I think there's more to it than physiology given that it's a big ritual to either mantle/be possessed by Mr Eaten or Salt. It seems the best way to survive being a seeker is to either give up like Mrs Plenty or to do something else entirely like the Venturer.

Because otherwise what comes out the end won't be what went in.
>>
>>52442251
>>52442612
Actually you know after thinking about it more I would take Infernals, Eclipse Phase, and Infinite Stratos.

Infernals for becoming a neo-Primordial.

Eclipse Phase for the tech. Plus I can just make a bunch of morphs and switch between those if I feel like changing my appearance. Infinite Stratos for an IS and the perk that makes me a super genius.

the real question is in what order to do the jumps.

>>52442251
Also in this challenge of yours do we get access to the warehouse?
>>
File: Memetic or Something.jpg (37KB, 258x278px) Image search: [Google]
Memetic or Something.jpg
37KB, 258x278px
>>52442924
Ah yeah I hear ya but knowing that the Search for Mr. Eaten's Name isn't impossible merely improbable and fucking nuts.
>>
File: girlwithgun1.jpg (137KB, 724x1023px) Image search: [Google]
girlwithgun1.jpg
137KB, 724x1023px
>>52436687
Jump # 31 Enter the Gungeon
Background: Gungeoneer (100)
*Everything you need (100)
*Fully Loaded (0)
*Gun Shy (100, Discount)
*Safety Flip (200, Discount)
*A Shot through Time (300, Discount)
*How to outsmart a bullet: A Primer (600)
Drawbacks:
*Enforced Boss Rush (+400)

Journal Entry # 11699

So I am writing this after the fact again because where I was; I was constantly under the gun. Anyways it was hard but I bit the bullet and managed to shoot my way through the Gungeon. There were many strange gun and bullet shaped enemies and many weird guns and items; I have some new toys in my warehouse now.

It’s funny. I had intended to undo the first time I had taken a life but as I held that gun up and saw that scene I realized that if I did someone else, an innocent would die. I aimed for the next one and found many more innocents would die. In the end I walked out of the Gungeon and tossed the gun to the nearest person telling them “here I realized I don’t need this after all.” Sometimes the rewards we get are not the ones we expect. I suppose I gained a bit of peace of mind that day.
>>
File: Fate Zero Jumpchain.pdf (574KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Fate Zero Jumpchain.pdf
574KB, 1x1px
>>52442924
>>
>>52443022
Thanks.

Anyone got ideas on the best or funniest orders to hit and run the nasuverse jumps we got so far?
>>
>>52442988
yes to warehouse.
>>
>>52443033
Any of them while picking up companions then the most serious one.

Carnival Phantasm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbaM-URygs
>>
>>52443033
Taking "The Long War" drawback in Fate/Zero is the best way to start fucking with the Nasuverse as it gives you all the holy grail wars to fuck with and the 200+ years. doesn't do anything about immortality though, so you need to find a way to sustain yourself. You won't DIE of old age but you'll be pretty worse for wear.
>>
>>52443033
Fate/Stay - Companion EMIYA Archer
Carnival Phantasm - EMIYA get's GARcher
Fate/Zero - Summon EMIYA as Saber Lily for best mind fuck/ healing you can get.
>>
>>52443060
Also your soul will start to if not rot at least get pretty damn musty by then.
>>
Also does this mean the old fate jumpchain jump is no longer valid?
>>
>>52442908
The skill packages are the training and a bit of 'ordinary' gear.

The utility mods are packages of augmentations related to that skill package.

So you can be John Smith with the Investigation skill package, that makes you good at finding and tracking down things no matter what body you're in.

But with the various levels of Utility Mods, you get packages of bioware/cybernetic augmentations to your morph that often greatly enhance your skills, so things like enhanced senses (sight, smell, hearing), x-ray vision, perfect memory, Oracles nanoware, a lidar module, etc.

Someone with just Investigation is good at finding and tracking, but can only detect things in the usual human range of senses. Someone with Investigation and Cutting Edge Utility Mods (Investigation) can find things through walls, examine nanoscopic pieces of evidence without having to take them to the lab, perfectly recall faces or crime scenes, etc.
>>
>>52443101

Val is systematically going through and making individual Jumps for each of the settings it covers. Once she makes Jumps for each of those settings, it'll no longer be valid, but it's cool to take until then.
>>
>>52443101
I think the rule was replace the old jump with the appropriate jump for the war you rolled if you get it. Not sure though.
>>
>>52443116
Oh I understand now, I was reading it wrong before. Thanks
>>
>>52443084
I think that's just a Nasu thing, though. Jumpers' souls should probably be a weird mish-mash of all sorts of soul types.
>>
>>52443084
That's just a Zouken thing
>>
>>52443202
It's not though. Any soul that doesn't reincarnate for to long eventually starts to break down. Zouken is just way to fucking old and used a method of immortality that sped the process up slightly. Humans shouldn't live forever without advancing is a pretty big theme of Nasu's work.
>>
Are there any perks for safely stealing/absorbing the power of a captured being?
>>
>>52443226
I think there are a few power stealing perks? Otherwise try eating it's heart, that usually works.
>>
>>52443084
Well yeah. That's meaningless, though if a jumper gets their immortality through out of jump means which is pretty damn easy.
>>
>>52443243
Why would that stop the Nasu part of their soul rotting. It's a side effect of long life not a side effect of immortality.
>>
>>52443241
>Otherwise try eating it's heart
Friendly reminder that you are legally required to scream 'KALI MA' when you rip your victim's heart out before eating it.
>>
>>52443226
eXceed has something for that.
Actually using those powers burns the soul up of the individual who was given them, but there are methods to avoid having this matter. Like having a bullshit strong soul.

The super version of the perk also maintains memories, but in a body jack kind of way instead of a prototype kind of way.
You'll likely want some kind of preventative measures if you're the absolute kind of madman that would use it on yourself.
>>
>>52442992
It really doesn't matter it still only grants you +600 CP no matter what it says because of the text at the begining of the Drawbacks area. So yeah, it's still a trap option, just not for the reasons most people seem to think it is.

Seriously though who thought that the whole Seeking Mr. E's Name thing was going to kill a Jumper willing to take the Drawback. Let's see Self-Inflicted Never Healing Scars, Starvation, Thirst, Madness, Possession, and finally being spaced. Surviving that is easy enough (Kriby & Soul Eater cover most of it), heck if this is a whole thing where you take up Mr. E's mantel, or whatever's left of it, then this is even easier as there are perks for that too, right?.Not saying that it can be trivialized in three or four Jumps but when you've got fifty to over a hundred it seems possible.

In fact what's the best defensive combo you've got /JC? Based on this scenario would it work?
>>
>>52443226
If you just mean "its power" as in its mana, there's a perk in Ben 10 that lets you turn your enemies into idols so you can use them as mana batteries.

If you mean stealing specific powers...I can't think of any off the top my head that lets you do it while they're still alive, but they're probably out there.
>>
>>52443241
>>52443293
>>52443300
Thanks everybody.
>>
>>52443226
Animorphs Morphing or the Omnitrix should allow you to obtain anything that's genetically-based and Darkness Bloodline from Nanoha will allow you to steal anything magical. Neither of those really cause any lasting harm, though of course they only work on a few types of power. Other than those... not really. I mean, we have a few power-stealing perks and abilities, but most of them require you to kill the target. At least Greed and that one from new Bleach don't require you to eat their soul. Maybe use Real Eater on one of those to make it less lethal? Other than that, there's Faustian Bargain from Ghost Rider, but you're capturing them so it's not likely they'd willingly deal with you. Unless you tortured them or something.
>>
>>52443315
Thanks, anon.
>>
File: lwa.jpg (69KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
lwa.jpg
69KB, 800x450px
Mah niggas.

I find that we are having a sore lack of some classic witchy adventures and am resolvicated to fix this problematic situation. Thus I have decided to finally give back to the community I enjoy so much by venturing into a Little Witch Academia jump.

Got big sis V here to help with my first jump too, so get hyped y'all.
>>
File: HNNNNGGGG.gif (650KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
HNNNNGGGG.gif
650KB, 647x363px
>>52443359
The Hype is real.
>>
>>52443359
Isn't this that one anime-mobile-game thing where one of the ingredients is honey harvested out of an elf's ashsole?
>>
A question about the Fate Servant supplement: The note on how Templates affect imported Servants says that it doesn't alter their history but does grant the other effects. Does that include the personality changes, or is it just the stat boosts? If import a companion as an Alter Servant, are they going to get really mean? Likewise, would a Lilly Servant import get happier?
>>
>>52443383
Personality changes are included, yes. They can go away post jump if desired though.
>>
>>52443373
N-nani?! No? This is some chines cartoons shit, anon.
>>
>>52443373
...no. What the fuck are you talking about? It's a show about student witches being cute and having adventures. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>52443359
So if i had hypothetically planned a space patrol luluco jump should i treat it seriously or like the carnival phantasm of trigger studios?
>>
>>52443393
>>52443391

Look it is admittedly 3 AM and I MAY be getting my asian shit mixed up.

I apologize for getting it mixed up with another thing.
>>
>>52443389
Okay, neat. I can think of some interesting potential scenarios resulting from that. Thanks for answering, Val.
>>
>>52443359
Will this be for the OVAs, the anime, or both?
>>
>>52443404
And your first thought was elven butt-honey.
>>
>>52443359
Fuck yeah I want anime Hogwarts.
>>
File: 1487177740396.gif (3MB, 337x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487177740396.gif
3MB, 337x400px
>>52443359
>hype

>>52443373
what the actual fuck
>>
>>52443399
huwah? Wassat?

>>52443413
Both but we need to wait a bit for the second season to come out. I've never done this before and Val's only giving tips unless I get really stuck so I'll take a bit anyway.
>>
>>52443418
LOOK.

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY. AND I REMEMBER THAT SHIT BEING DISCUSSED IN HERE BEFORE.

I'M SORRY, OKAY
>>
File: Like this but with apples.jpg (200KB, 970x1139px) Image search: [Google]
Like this but with apples.jpg
200KB, 970x1139px
>>52442924
I take it the Sunless Sea DLCs are never coming? It's been almost a year, man. Can you at least lift the moratorium on cider? As of the Seven Against Nidah quest, you can literaly conquer the Presbyterate, walk up to the Mountain of Light and presumably do pic related since you seem to end the story without dying horrible
>>
>>52443373
>>52443393
Uh, Re: Monster, maybe? Or so I've heard.
>>
File: [Bueno].jpg (33KB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
[Bueno].jpg
33KB, 362x366px
>>52442251
> Cardcaptor Sakura
For uber magic shenanigans.
> Lyrical Nanoha
For uber magi-tech shenanigans.
> Mass Effect
For tech shenanigans.

Then come back home and blow everyone's minds out of the water.

If I had a chance to post in that 10 Jump Challenge, it would have looked like this.
> The three above
No change there
> Wuxia
Chi cultivation bruh
> Avatar the Last Airbender
Specifically for Innovation
> Mahou Sensei Negima
That teaching perk tho
> No Game No Life
All the keikaku
> Sekirei
Social Links a go!
> Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
ECONOMICS!
> Spice and Wolf
Micro and Macro Economics genius yup

So basically, solve world problems on the sly, innovate the fuck out of everything, AND show people how they can make MORE money helping me help the world!
>>
>>52443446
>>52443404
>>52443393
Kamidori Alchemy Master. Alright little jrpg with porn stuff.
>>
>>52443438
ELVEN.

BUTT HONEY.
>>
File: You really are.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
You really are.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>52443359
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15KB, 443x332px
>>52443436
Where this charming gel comes from. Also inferno cops near identical twin.

>>52443443
Has it really been that long? I'll try to put something out over the weekend then.
>>
File: 1490194344727.jpg (78KB, 900x623px) Image search: [Google]
1490194344727.jpg
78KB, 900x623px
>>52441539
It's part of a seperate series of images done by Ray-k, the Teaching Feeling developer. It has a happy ending.
>>
>>52443257
Chill bro. it's an imagination game. Besides, the soul isn't from the Nasuverse, and if the person has the right perks like I Have No Soul To Burn it becomes meaningless.

Stop shitting on people's fun for your little power trip.
>>
>>52443399
So looked that stuff up, glad to see trigger making more stuff. Far as I can find it's mostly references or cameos? I'd say to just focus on what makes that show unique and it doesn't seem like there would be any problem.
>>
>>52443478
YOU SAID THAT A BAZILLION WEEKENDS AGO YOU TIMELESS SLOWPOKE

A

BAZILLION

WEEKENDS

seriously if/when you've got nothing to show for the weekend just lift the bit on cider so I can jolly well hike into the Mountain myself for my apple fix
>>
>>52443399
Since we already have trigger jumps, why wouldn't you already be either making it silly or only doing what doesn't go into other existing series? What, where you planning on putting in stuff from Kill la Kill? That's a bit dirty.
>>
>>52443257
>>52443484
In all fairness Nasu has very broad ideas about what "advancing" can entail. Araya's roughly in the same age range and he's "merely" a borderline Dead Apostle from the bounded fields he stacked into himself, as well as the saint's arm grafted onto his own. Aoko and Touko are still alive and kicking by Extra's era, and the latter doesn't even have a True Magic to bullshit with.
>>
>>52443503
>Kill la Kill
In fairness, there's an episode dealing with an entire planet of life fibers, so Kill la Kill stuff wouldn't be out of place.
>>
>>52443511
Extra's possibly as early as the 2030s anon.
>>
>>52443479
>image
that hurts the soul anon.

That hurts in a way that Where The Red Fern Grows hurt.
>>
>>52443521
Seems more like a cheap way of getting stuff from the KLK jump.
>>
>>52443490
You will take your ship building, RNG rollan, Unterzee diving, Elder expeditioning content when it comes out and like it anon!

>>52443503
Well given that they visit the planet of the life fibers and the witch academy in episodes that's going to be hard to ignore. Just some home or joke items i was thinking.
>>
>>52443546
If by home items you mean stuff like offering buildings from KLK or LWA,you should keep it to joke items only.
>>
File: zouken_fgo.jpg (72KB, 474x716px) Image search: [Google]
zouken_fgo.jpg
72KB, 474x716px
>>52443511
Yeah as long as you don't obsess over your dead Homunculus waifu you should be pretty good. Just don't get caught up in doing the same thing statically and you can remain the young fresh Zouken who's pretty cool and classy at the fresh age of 400.

>>52443522
Which would put both of them in their sixties. And they sure as hell aren't sixty in Extra.
>>
>>52443522
So?
>>
>>52443564
Right, the lady who controls time and the one who has doll bodies she replaces her own with, both also being slow aging and long lived mages, can't possibly be 60 and not look it.

Man, seriously?
>>
>>52443564
>Which would put both of them in their sixties. And they sure as hell aren't sixty in Extra.
Doesn't Extra happen inside a Soul Computer simulation?
>>
>>52443581
>>52443564
Don't forget it's also anime, where people rarely reflect their age, and Extra's art style makes everyone look younger.
>>
>>52443590
Yeah, it's explicit that your avatars do not reflect, necessarily, your real body. Shinji is like ten years old despite his avatar being the same as normal teenage shinji.
>>
>>52442251
>something for day-to-day utility so I don't need a job
>something for longevity/immortality/memory
>something for combat

Just stick your favorite ones in those spots.
>>
>>52443601
So then why are people using Extra as proof that aging to a magus can be stopped?

Especially since, iirc, both Touko and Aoko are NPCs in the System?
>>
The plasma rifle in the Terminator jump says it's battery will never run out, does it also have an unlimited supply of whatever fuel is used to form the plasma shots?
>>
>>52443762
Presumably.
It's one of those fiat-powered things.
It just works.
>>
>>52443740
I think you've been confused. The original anon was under the impression Extra happened much further along in the timeline and all the other people are explaining that it wasn't. Then someone said they should look 60 if it was true and if not, then it must be wrong (Which raises questions as to how old he thinks they should look if it was even later but I digress) and people are pointing out why their appearances don't match the supposed age.

Pretty sure they're not NPCs too. Only one I remember as an NPC is Sakura.
>>
>>52443740
I believe you may be misinterpreting things slightly. The others were saying that with better methods of Immortality the soul rot is only evidenced in the Worm Method. We know for a fact that at least the puppetry lady is alive and well in spite of her trick.
>>
>>52443777
Oh, Touko figured out how to eliminate the Degradation of the Soul and added that her puppet trick. It's why she earned a Colour from the Clocktower.

>>52443774
Really? Hmm. Ah well.
>>
>>52443817
Can you give some sources for this degradation of the soul stuff?
>>
>>52443777
The argument isn't that the form of immortality fucked up Zouken because he seemed to be doing fine for hundreds of years before the grail wars happened. The problem was when he stagnated it started to fuck up his soul which in turn fucked up his body. He has to use the Penis Worms because of his soul turning into a rotting corpse not the other way around.
>>
>>52443827
Not that guy but, http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Soul to wit:
Once it is fixated in a body, the soul is destined with "eventual death." In that state, time affects even such ethereal bodies, so the soul can start to rot, corrupting even the body's blueprint. The person inhabiting a new body can only take their own form, overwriting the body no matter its quality, and that form will degrade more quickly as the rot progresses.

This may or may not effect a Jumper, whose soul is different in fudenmental nature to that of the average soul in Nasuverse.

>>52443859
Not really he just hasn't figured a way around the "Evential Death" that all souls have so he's been rotting since his "expiration" date is fucking ages ago.
>>
>>52443871
>Not really he just hasn't figured a way around the "Evential Death" that all souls have so he's been rotting since his "expiration" date is fucking ages ago.
Shit yeah you're right.

Been a hot minute since I read Heavens Feel. I just remembered that Zouken seemed fine until he was all like "mah waifu".
>>
Jump #290: Final Fantasy Type 0
>The Sun: A time of contentment and freedom from restraints.
>Age: 19
>Location: Dominion of Rubrum
Who names these places? Might as well name it Redrum.
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: The Fallen King (+300)
GIRUGAMESH. Haha- wait why is he trying to murder the fuck out of me
>The Flow of Magic (Free, Suzaku)
Well, a nice passive boost to my magic is never a bad thing.
>Summoner's Signet (1200)
Summoning an extra copy of my target summon is always an excellent thing. I wonder what effect this will have when I summon a clone of myself...
>Crystal Mechanics (1100)
Useful, being able to replicate technology with magic, even if it takes some practice.
>Phantoma Absorption (Free)
I'm not sure if this sticks with me in future jumps, I'd like to know the answer to that. If not, I'd pay for it to do so.
>Sight (Free, Drop-In)
I'm not so concerned with the potential of critical strikes as with everything else with the increased ability to notice detail, but hey, it's useful.
>Altocrystarium (900, Drop-In)
Modifying the spells I cast seems to be a useful goal. I can work with that.
>Directive (800)
I have been to enough battlefields to know that getting people to obey my orders without confusion is INSANELY useful.
>Practice Makes Perfect (600)
As long as it's some type of training or task which is repetitive, I will be able to do better. And if I practice doing better, it will get increasingly better.
>MP0 Magnum (500)
A handgun that depletes magic points? I'll have to find a way to make it non-fatal, but oh, this will be so useful.
>Guide to Avian Species: Breeding (300)
I'm just going to give a copy of this to Cloud when I meet him. Also, going to breed chocobos like crazy.
>Companion Import (0)
Suffering shared is suffering magnified! ...wait, that's not how that goes, crap.
>>
>>52443880
She was likely the only person able to use Heaven's Feel to stabilize his borked as fuck Immortality plan. He's been working on half a system under that assumption, the fact it hasn't completely failed him is kinda impressive.
>>
>>52443903
Let's do the time warp agaaain!

Oh shit is that a bomb literally casting Ultima in the distance? Fuck, let's not- AND NOW IS NOT THE TIME FOR A BOSS FIGHT, GILGAMESH.

Ahem.

Anyway.

Other than dealing with Gilgamesh (ENTIRELY too frequently, to the point where I am immediately escalating to high quality weaponry), after the first loop ends, the first thing I'm going to do on the SECOND loop is break out the water mirror and call Gala and Arecia and offer them a third option; option one is to let things continue, option two is to try to end things through brute force. Option three is negotiation, and Stars and Stones.

Fal'Cie, aside from having a name that translates poorly, are locked into the task that they were told to perform... and this would normally be perpetually the case - except I'm from outside the system. I can flat-out tell them how the afterlife works, because I can SEE it. I can point out that they're all operating under false assumptions provided by mythology. And I can permit them to act counter to their nature - to realize that they've killed hundreds of millions of people, hundreds of millions of times - if they couldn't get the result that they wanted by now, they're not going to. They hit the five sigma mark and gone past it, and are approaching the six sigma mark.

And if that doesn't work I'll find a way to sic Gilgamesh on THEM rather than him attacking ME all the goddamn time because this whole plot is so stupid that I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE WORDS. DERP, IF WE THROW ENOUGH SOULS AT HELL IT'LL EXPLODE, NEVER MIND THAT WE'RE TIME LOOPED AND KEEP GETTING THEM BACK AGAIN! God damn, Squaresoft, you've got some stupid writers these days. I miss the classic era.
>>
>>52443908
Zouken's actually super fucking impressive. Dude manages to beat Kojirou in a fight. Beats Lair has this joke about Zouken being a sword master because of how it's written kind of like he just fought him in a cool sword fight.
>>
>>52443948
I could actually believe he was an impressive swordsman just from the era he lived in and what was expected of the elite at those times, which the Magi held themselves to just as Rin's family do in Zero. He'd be from an era where wars started at the drop of a hat, a time noted for master swordsmen falling like flies and entire styles being erased.
>>
>>52443994
On one hand yeah but on the other it's Kojirou. The guy who reality bends over and takes it from because his thousand folded nippon steel is just the best around. The guy who decided he hated swallows so hard he broke reality to beat them.
>>
>>52444011
Do remember that Sasaki Kojiro the Saviour of France isn't an actual servant that can be summoned by normal people. He's a story, a fake servant, that can only exist because Medea broke the rules to summon him.
>>
>>52444011
Aye but six-hundred years of sheer dedication to a skill, even one that you only upkeep because it was literally beaten into you to make sure you could kill the other mother fucker before they killed you and fucked your mother, speaks volumes. Reality may bend to Kojirou because MAI SKILLS but I'd rank someone with the above experience as having servant level Instinct and Eye of Mind (True) (Or is is it False which is created through accumulation of worldly experience?) Not high levels but enough that if you weren't expecting it he'd slip in. Not saying it's a fair fight, Kojirou would destroy in such a thing, but a fair old man should not be able to fucking do the things Zouken can with his body (Taking killing blows if need be, Body being actually younger than it looks, Reinforcement magic abuse with again six hundred years of skill behind it) nor should he have such refined skill (Experience beyond apparent years).

>>52444050
Sasaki Kojiro Dragon Slayer is my personal favorite title he has.
>>
>>52444077
That's kind of assuming Zouken would be constantly fighting or using the sword. There's a very big leap from "He's likely to have learnt use of the sword" and "He's a badass swordmaster who has 600 years of swording experience".

Same with reinforcement. It's very unlikely he spent 600 years, or even 100 years, on reinforcement magic, especially with the common perception of it.
>>
>>52444077
Sasaki Kojiro The Saviour of France is mine since it was what we used when GO came out. It wasn't until later that Dragon Slayer was made.
Also, it's funny to consider a mythical Japanese swordsman to be the Saviour of France.
>>
>>52444050
Do remember that The Hero France Deserved was a person in Nasu history though. He just wasn't Sasaki. He's random farmer guy.

>>52444077
>Aye but six-hundred years of sheer dedication to a skill, even one that you only upkeep because it was literally beaten into you to make sure you could kill the other mother fucker before they killed you and fucked your mother, speaks volumes. Reality may bend to Kojirou because MAI SKILLS but I'd rank someone with the above experience as having servant level Instinct and Eye of Mind (True) (Or is is it False which is created through accumulation of worldly experience?) Not high levels but enough that if you weren't expecting it he'd slip in. Not saying it's a fair fight, Kojirou would destroy in such a thing, but a fair old man should not be able to fucking do the things Zouken can with his body (Taking killing blows if need be, Body being actually younger than it looks, Reinforcement magic abuse with again six hundred years of skill behind it) nor should he have such refined skill (Experience beyond apparent years).
Yeah but Sasaki has skills that make literal precognition stop working because he's so good at sword. King Fucking Arthur is like "Holy Shit How Did He Even" when Sasaki starts fighting. A bunch of heroes stop in the middle of France to compare swordsmanship and then Sasaki comes in and they're all like "Fuck how can we even compare to his sword dick. We're all women in comparison so long as the metaphor of our sword skills being penises remains true."
>>
>>52444100
I;m a big fan of The Regend.
>>
On the topic of centuries of Fate, how long, in rough terms, would it take for a user of the First to start making feasts in an instant and banquets or stocking entire supermarkets in the time it takes to go over the list of items?
>>
>>52444133
A few months, probably. Assuming of course, that you don't intend to fill your tables with supernatural delights.
>>
>>52444098
Not really. Understand I mean that he is upkeeping the skills he had as a youth. Basics are that for a reason. The foundation of his families entire way of life isn't something a zealous man like him would just throw away. Though I'll admit that he wouldn't be godly he'd likely have way more skill than anyone would expect, which is the point I was trying to make. His true weapon is, like the people in red robes, the Element of Surprise.

>>52444100
Good point.

>>52444107
True but I'm not saying Sasaki is getting a fair fight. For an Assassin he is very up front because, as he himself states, duels like those with Saber are best for him. I'm saying that Zouken was abusing everything he could whilst Sasaki is going "Is this old man even going HOLY SHIT HE'S FAST/SKILLED/TAKING BLOWS HE REALLY SHOULDN'T AND HE'S ALSO USING MAGIC EFFECTIVE AGAINST SPIRITUAL BEINGS!"

Whilst the Beast Lair thing sounds funny I feel that is the only way that fight could have panned out. With Sasaki caught with his metaphorical pants down and Zouken abusing every weapon he had all at once. It may have looked like a sword fight but it was most likely much more than that.

>>52444158
Dunno but the reason I want the First Magic now, IRL, is mostly because World Hunger would be solved after sufficent study of food.
>>
>>52444192
>True but I'm not saying Sasaki is getting a fair fight. For an Assassin he is very up front because, as he himself states, duels like those with Saber are best for him. I'm saying that Zouken was abusing everything he could whilst Sasaki is going "Is this old man even going HOLY SHIT HE'S FAST/SKILLED/TAKING BLOWS HE REALLY SHOULDN'T AND HE'S ALSO USING MAGIC EFFECTIVE AGAINST SPIRITUAL BEINGS!"
Nah he was just to fast for Sasaki to draw on if we read the text as being a sword fight.

What most likely happened is Zouken used his power, being a bunch of fucking worms, to cover Sasaki in worms and beat him.
>>
>>52444192
Upkeeping skills like that doesn't improve them anon. It just means you're not letting yourself get rusty. Regular exercise doesn't increase strength with no upper limit. Unless he's pushing himself to do more, which he has no reason to for sword fighting, he's not going to get any better. He'd have more skill then people may expect by virtue of people not expecting him to have a sword AT ALL. I see no reason he'd even be better then some of the more skilled modern sword fighting practitioners.
>>
>>52444205
So basically the element of surprise whilst lacking details that would say he was using his magus skills.

>>52444220
First I would like to say that you are right about upkeep not equaling improvement.

Second I will say that skilled back six hundred years ago meant a lot more than it does now, Nowadays most, not all but a grand majority of, martial arts are watered down to the point that most people don't know what the originals looked like. Fencing as we know it, as a European style of swordsmanship though I'm unsure if a Russian like Zouken would have it, was a killing skill back in those days where a skilled user was expected to be able to kill another skilled user in the least amount of time. Shaving off a blink of time from your swing was seen as more important than any thing else.

My argument is only on the fact that Zouken must have been relying on such things as surprise/reinforcement/absorption magic/etc. for the combat to go as it was depicted without the fight being vastly different from what has been described.
>>
File: JC5.jpg (30KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
JC5.jpg
30KB, 500x400px
>>52439542
The concept has its' place, like everything else. The main appeal is not just the ability to learn, but to physically improve to better fulfil their function common to awakening an item's spirit. A sentient sword or particle collider is a good idea. A sentient toilet is a strong argument against a loving god.

>>52440415
Nah, I built her a scanner and wished her luck.

I ended up as a minor villain of the week while trying to update the card system to the 21st century. Y'see, I wanted to be able to sort them more neatly so I tried to adapt the Yugioh motorcycle-compatibe, arm mounted machine-sorting duel system to my own cards. To test out the system, I bought out a local games workshop and had them market the devices.

Things got a LITTLE out of control when one of the little shits got gum wedged in the free will defibrilator. The cards then freed the others, took over the tournement, and started forcing the kids to duel for their amusement.

>>52441316
I start glowing brighter. Sakura blossoms fall from the sky, heatless fire dancing on the petals. Nearby sources of light briefly flare, as if some cosmic SFX artist were going overboard with lens flare. Space and time itself starts distorting subtly around myself and the object of my affection, focusing our attention on each other. Minor miracles and windfalls start happening.

It's pretty embarrassing, to be honest.
>>
>>52444271
>Nowadays most, not all but a grand majority of, martial arts are watered down to the point that most people don't know what the originals looked like.
This is actually complete bullshit you know? Modern Martial Arts, as in the stuff used to fight and hurt people instead of showing off kicks the shit out of older styles. Modern methods of training are better, modern styles integrate the best of multiple older styles to create a stronger whole, and people are way more in practice with them now. Saying the actual techniques used to beat the shit out of people have been "watered down" is laughable. For stuff used to show off or as a sport or tradition you might have a point but those usually have remained highly consistent and formally recorded over the years.
>>
>>52444271
First, as the other anon points out, that's bullshit and just a bad trope.

Second, you're giving way, way too much weight to something that is merely likely. Even if we accept that Zouken and his family were big into swords, they're also magi. They're not spending all their time out in the battlefield and even when they are, they've also got magic. There's little reason to force the entire family to master the sword to the highest degree when that time is better spent on, like with almost all magi families, furthering the family research and just making up the difference in sword skill with all the magic they have.
>>
File: jc2.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jc2.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>52444297
This. The worst I can say about martial arts these days that incorporate sparring and body conditioning as strong components is that the fact sparring often takes place in a ring leads to slightly different expectations and and instinctive reactions when the adrenaline dump hits; even that's largely mitigated by the more serious grappling styles. I know there's arts out there that do train in the street as it were, but they do tend to be more uncommon simply because of the dedication needed. One thing I have noticed is the wide stances you see in some of the older arts make more sense in an era where you're more likely to fight a few people in a wide open area every now and then, than a lot of people in a tight alleyway-hence why most of the modern styles focus on close quarters stuff.

...which is all slightly off-topic when talking about Nasu anyway, because the man keeps going on about how reality was weirder and more magical in the olden days.

He also has VERY odd, street fighter-like ideas about martial arts. Modern day Japan is still a bit odd in an urban fantasy way. In nasuland, being hypnotised by yourself in the right way means you can somehow stab someone ten feet away from you.
>>
>>52444367
Nasu also has modern styles that are crazy fucking rad though. Like Kuzuki is basically always going to win the first fight because he can move his arms at impossible angles.
>>
>>52444297
I won't argue the fact that Modern Martial Arts has refined killing arts, as I said above not all, but the watered down comment is true. Most of the true masters of the art of war die in wars and only formalized teaching remain, not the stunning insights that slowly refined a person's skill to kill as they did just that. Skills like that weren't taught usually because when they weren't needed they were seen as excessive in the extreme. Most of those skills weren't passed on.

>>52444342
I can understand this stand.

I have repeatedly asserted that this is only me saying what is the most likely combination of factors that could end with a showing as it was depicted as described. I am not saying it's reasonable only viable. More reasonable assertions can be seen from >>52444205's depiction of the battle in question, which is more Zouken's MO and generally sounds more like him.

>>52444367
This is also reasonable. I was merely speaking from my own perspective as a practitioner of Martial Arts both popular and esoteric.

>...which is all slightly off-topic when talking about Nasu anyway, because the man keeps going on about how reality was weirder and more magical in the olden days.
Which man? Nasu, Zouken, or myself? Apologies, your text has taken me off my footing is all. See my above reply of viable vs reasonable.

As for Martial Arts in Nasuland we have the Snake as an example of an unadulterated killing skill. Then we have the fact that some killing skills back in the day, and even some modern arts according to Nasu, were backed by proper breathing and movements to create Natural Interference. As seen here http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Breathing#Breathing_and_Walking

>>52444404
Indeed the Snake is crazy.
>>
>>52444435
I'm sorry man but when you say stuff like this, you really come off more as a neckbeard up the ass of 'ancient martial arts' or fictional fighters.
>>
File: JC3.jpg (20KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
JC3.jpg
20KB, 704x396px
>>52444404
I mean yeah, it's this rollercoaster between crazy rad and crazy stupid. Like the best of Nasu related things, really. Remember when Kirei juiced up on Command Seals to punch Kerry into a wall with Bajiquan? Good times.

goddamn Kuzuki's style has a stupid risk-reward ratio, though. He's LITERALLY jumping dick first at a trained swordsman in the hopes they're too astonished to remember how to fight. And this somehow worked better than Sasaki's skill

>>52444435
S'alright, I mostly agree with you anyway. And definitely Nasu.

>breathing and movements to create Natural Interference

Exactly! Modern age and Age of the Gods aside, the Grand Reality Marble's inconsistent as heck when it comes to what's considered normal and what isn't. Which is pretty fitting with the theme of Mystery only gradually disappearing over time as humanity propagates, really-and by no means going away all at once.
>>
>>52444459
I can understand that. Really. I'm passionate about this subject so I may come off as way over eager and too nerdy about it. My assertions are only from my knowledge which are being colored by how I was taught and thus my perspective may be grossly different from someone taught elsewhere. I am in no way the only person allowed to have both a perspective nor an opinion on a subject.

>>52444479
Personally I find the fact that you can train to the point where you know 'proper Breathing and Walking' and thus become a giant living Magic Circuit to be more insane than the feats of the Snake. I mean what do you think a Mage could do with that kind of ability?
>>
>>52444435
That's not how martial arts work. Everything is about practice and physical strength. There's no "insight to be found only in the heat of battle" that isn't beaten by "insight from practicing how to beat the shit out of someone for a thousand hours". We've seen this time and again in history. The Spartans weren't badasses because they fought all the time, in fact they fought very little compared to most of their foes due to situations back at home. They were badass because they practiced and drilled until they could keep a cool head in battle and knew what they were doing with their weapons unlike the other states who would form and dissolve armies as needed never truly training their soldiers.

Moves practiced a thousand times beat moves you can only practice on people you're trying to kill every time. Modern and ancient styles that are actually built to break human beings in a no holds barred fight are usually focused around a few simple moves that you practice endlessly and exercise. Hell far as we can tell German sword techniques were like five moves and grappling techniques that can be practiced easily.

We haven't lost the insight of older martial masters because martial insight isn't born in battle. It's born in training and analyzing training.
>>
File: jc4.jpg (63KB, 845x521px) Image search: [Google]
jc4.jpg
63KB, 845x521px
>>52444539
Well, there's been a few examples of "become a giant living Magic Circuit" out there, actually; naturally they tend to be applied to exceptions to the rule rather than average magi. There's Araya's little apartment-body trick. Arguably there's Justeaze's mutilation of her own magic circuits into a universal microcosm to become the Greater Grail and Ilya tricking her own internal organs into acting as magic circuits to blow up young Gil; while both cases support True Magic effects, the methodology is actually founded in magecraft and in activating magecraft-based mcehanisms respectively. And of course, there's Shirou being amputated and stuffed in a jar to become Medea's projection tool in that one bad end.

In all cases they seem to amplify a specific ability, presumably working on the premise that all magic is fundamentally reinforcing concepts, so becoming a living magic circuits helps focus the energy on a specific concept.

If I had to guess, a mage training all his life to breathe and walking hard enough might be able to effortlessly slip into superhuman combat mode rather than consciously activate magic circuits; somewhere between Kuzuki and Bazette, if I had to guess-and by the sound of the entry, use some of their simpler spells much more efficiently. Maybe, /maybe/ doing a bargain bin dragon's breath-like attack given dragons do something mechanically similar on a MUCH vaster scale.

>>52444570
>German sword techniques

I like how one of their "ultimate finishing moves", the Mordhau, is just holding the sword from the blade with iron gloves and braining some poor bastard with the hilt.
>>
>>52444616
>braining some poor bastard with the hilt.

I want to make an "End Him Rightly" joke but I'm not sure if anyone here would get it or not.
>>
>>52444616
>I like how one of their "ultimate finishing moves", the Mordhau, is just holding the sword from the blade with iron gloves and braining some poor bastard with the hilt.
Most of HEMA boils down to "Put some fucker on the ground and then beat them up. Use pointy shit if you have it."
>>
>>52444570
Again very reasonable and I agree with most of the ideas behind what you are saying, though I feel that you are ignoring that for those five moves to have been created a person must have first done them and won before looking back on his fight and asking himself "How did I win?" but really the conversation has strayed.

Zouken vs Sasaki as depicted. How do you believe it functioned, as depicted?

>>52444616
Interesting, also I laughed a bit the Mordhau bit.
>>
>>52442251
-Hive Queen
-Macross
-Ghost in the Shell

Return to earth and live as the Visitor Idol from beyond the stars until humanity is "uplifted" with all the tech I brought. I bring gifts for all mankind!
>>
Daily reminder that chicks dig giant robots.
>>
>>52442251
Rick and Morty for science and so I can keep traveling

Green Lantern animated for the shard so I can start my own lantern Corps because that is definitely a thing Every world needs

Franken Fran to settle down in because that's where the hot chicks are.
>>
>>52444689
And tanks.
>>
>>52444710
it is my understanding that tanks only work to pick up chicks If you yourself are a chick though.
>>
>>52444689
Daily reminder that bitches love cannons.
>>
>>52444722
I've been told it also works if you're a trap.
>>
>>52444731
I cannot speak for any woman but it makes sense that if men are attracted to traps because they look like Chicks then lesbians would also be attracted to traps because they look like Chicks. so you got me there.
>>
File: [no].png (11KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
[no].png
11KB, 500x300px
>>52444706
>Green Lantern animated for the shard so I can start my own lantern Corps because that is definitely a thing Every world needs
...no.

Just.

No.

Just. Absolutely. And. Utterly. And. Completely.

No.
>>
>>52444745
I feel the same way about what he said on retiring in Franken Fran, personally.
>>
>>52444664
I'm not that guy, but as somebody with literally no knowledge of martial arts, I'm going to make bold claims regardless and hope nobody notices.

It is certainly not true that somebody has to do a move in a fight before realizing that the move they did exists.

For example, consider a world in which the Clapping Style reigns supreme, and all combat is based around forcing a submission by repeatedly clapping your hands on each side of the opponent's face. A quick-witted student of the style, looking to improve, notes that the lower body is largely unprotected by the Clapping Style. From this, he builds a counter in the form of ducking and clapping your opponent's legs instead of their face, causing them to stumble. After practicing this counter for some time, he enters a real fight, and soundly defeats his opponent, who lacked a counter to his strategy.

We observe that, in this case, the new combat move was generated not through live fire, but careful thought and subsequent training. (We also observe that our bright young student brings a wave of innovation that eventually renders the Clapping Style obsolete, but that's a story for another time.)
>>
>>52442657
It's heartening to know that everyone you shitpost at is a far better person than you'll ever be.
>>
File: the truth of bancho.jpg (108KB, 713x480px) Image search: [Google]
the truth of bancho.jpg
108KB, 713x480px
>>52444706
>Franken Fran
>Hot Chicks
Why God?!?
>>
File: franken_fran_c40_10.jpg (588KB, 900x1316px) Image search: [Google]
franken_fran_c40_10.jpg
588KB, 900x1316px
>>52444844
search your Boner , You know it's true.
>>
>>52444297
Oh hey, it's been a while since I saw Krav Manga wank.
>>
>>52444881
Pretty sure he's talking about modern stuff in general, not krav maga in particular.
>>
>>52444918
There are very few modern styles that aren't just 'older asian style with the showy moves cut out'. So you wouldn't call those a modern style.

He's going to have to specify if he meant some other obscure 'modern martial art' other than Jewish Testicle Attack.
>>
>>52444881
The only time when it's valid to wank krav maga is in G-Gundam. Since the robots transmit pain to the users, their internal structure is somehow identical (Domon popped out the shoulder of his gundam by doing the same to himself. It wouldn't work if there was a difference in how the joints connected) and there's a lack of ranged weapon spamming (for the most part)
>>
>>52444929
>There are very few modern styles that aren't just 'older asian style with the showy moves cut out'. So you wouldn't call those a modern style.

I mean yeah. That's exactly what I'm talking about and those sure as shit are modern styles because they cut out all the old showy moves and took the good stuff from other styles.

Look at Judo. It tried to be the best of both Jujitsu and Western Wrestling while cutting out the bad parts of both and came out stronger for it overall.

Modern style means it was invented past like 1900 not that it didn't draw inspiration from older stuff. Modern styles designed for beating other human beings into a pulp are generally better at it then older ones.
>>
>>52444970
That's the thing. They're using moves and principles people have been using for hundreds of years in that style. It's all the same. All they did was remove the moves that built up for competition/exercise/some battle purpose that's no longer relevant. All you did was make a small change to an older style. That doesn't fit your idea of 'muh modern styles are so great fuck the past' because they are intrinsically just using the same damn martial art as the people in the middle ages.
>>
>>52444874
You are disgusting.
>>
File: Jack_Wolf_Hug.png (1MB, 1920x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_Wolf_Hug.png
1MB, 1920x1210px
I'm feeling lonely, /jc/.

Which jumps can give me an animal familiar, a beast that is one with me and is truly a kindred spirit?
>>
File: NightmareCity.pdf (64KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
NightmareCity.pdf
64KB, 1x1px
Please be kind.
>>
>>52444987
I know you hate Tera, but you're both painfully vanilla and extremely sensitive if some girls with stitches gross you out. I mean hate Gavril all you want for who she is, but her looks?
>>
>>52444994
Forgotten Realms.
>>
>>52444999
I think he's not disgusted because of Fran or Gavrill, but because Bancho's likely attracted to neither of them. Rather, he's attracted to the girl who got catterpillar'd
>>
>>52444999
If you know anything about Tera, it's that the guys probably got a hard on for things like the dog in the fat guys body, the caterpillar girl, the girl who is nothing but a head with fingers for legs or the squid face girl.
>>
>>52444980
I'm saying Modern Styles are better because they refined those old styles and took inspiration to cover their weakness from other styles. That and the push towards utilitarianism in martial arts have made them overall better at beating people up.
>>
>>52444706
>Franken Fran
After all this time I finally realise that this has all been an elaborate Troll. Because no one could actually think that.
>>
>>52444999
The problem isnt the stitches, tera is attracted bot to the girls but to the piles of body parts left over, that or the worm girl.
>>
File: adora_image_by_verxes-d550z4z.png (69KB, 188x570px) Image search: [Google]
adora_image_by_verxes-d550z4z.png
69KB, 188x570px
>>52445020
you shut your mouth! Adorea Is a cute!
>>
>>52445022
Yet they're not really modern styles because they're the same old style with some modifications. The same kind of thing that'd happen teacher to teacher and region to region in the past. That doesn't justify your 'fuck the past' attitude, where you refuse to acknowledge anything good about these same styles your modern military is using, just because a modern military wasn't using them back then. You've yet to even name a single true modern style that has little ties to this 'ignorant past' you despise.
>>
>>52445041
And why is this skank covered in zippers? That is not ab attractive look, baving your organs ready to fall out if your zipper creeps.

Also have you not said the caterpillar girl was hot?
>>
>>52445055
It's hilarious how mismatched you two are, especially with you constantly trying to exaggerate and focus on attacks.
>>
>>52445057

>And why is this skank covered in zippers? That is not ab attractive look, baving your organs ready to fall out if your zipper creeps.

she has her organs firmly attached. The zippers are for attaching more organs and muscle tissue easily for storage

>Also have you not said the caterpillar girl was hot?

yeah but I'm not Into fat dudes or Animals So that first one is right out.

>>52445041
also, in case any mods get unhappy that's a zipper over her uterus, not anything indecent.
>>
>>52445055
Koreans used a supercomputer to create tae kwon do from scratch. That is why it is the most effective martial art.
>>
>>52444995
Sorry about the timing.

>Obey or Defy Me

There's no actual divine entity in this setting, correct? It would be more appropriate to have this be a resistance to being programmed by an AI in a virtual environment, not divine entities in general

>Reach Out Our Hands

This too needs to be quantified to avoid the premise of an ordinary human armwrestling a black hole

>Infinite Blade Penetrate

I'm confused as to what this does after the jump

>4chan City/Savior Cat

Both of these could really benefit from examples since I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never heard of Nightmare City

It's a good start, just a few things to polish
>>
>>52444995
Unknown Variables have "form is that of your choice" - does that mean a custom appearance of our own design or we get to pick between human-form and anthro-cat form?
>>
>>52445073
You realize thats not how muscles work right.
>>
File: Consider the following.jpg (51KB, 800x723px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.jpg
51KB, 800x723px
>>52445073
Please stop
>>
>>52445095
yes but that's how it works in canon, Franken Fran goes quite a bit farther beyond artistic license with its biology and medical sciences.
>>
>>52445064
>you two
>>
>>52445080
Not a bad style, but pretty showy. Those fancy kicks make it fun to learn though. Lots of nice takedowns, I feel it'd work better with some more grappling added in to take advantage of that.
>>
:(
>>
>>52445121
What is it, anon?
>>
>>52445106
Not him but I want you to know that I hate you 1/8 as much as black manta hates aquaman.
>>
>>52444995
>Obey Me Or Defy Me

>Super AI discovers it can't simply outright delete me from existence with its reality warping powers.
>Super AI (being super intelligent) instead just uses its reality warping powers to transform me into a brain-in-a-jar, then sends out a janitor bot to cart me to the incinerator.
>>
>>52445081
No problem.

>Obey or Defy Me

No there isn't a divinity, but the being who controls the data flow in the world isn't able to do jack shit to those that's based on. The extra stuff if an expression of that in other worlds. It's very specific for a reason.

>Reach Out Our Hands

Quantifying it sounds like it'd just become a huge numbers game so "This boost is temporary but always leaves you slightly better off than before it activated, reflected in anything from a full heal to a slight improvement to your mental or physical abilities. The powers temporarily gained during this boost are always a boost to one’s general combat ability and the ability to manifest a personal scale weapon of your choice." were the measuring stick I was indicated to use.

>Infinite Blade Penetrate

Plot Armor derived from the self, such as someone going full determinator and getting a boost from that, are negated as well as it being really good at punching through fate/world manipulations meant to save someone.

>4chan City/Savior Cat

Understood they are more than a bit esoteric.

>>52445083
Meant to be one or the other. I'll detail it better.

>>52445146
Any suggestions? People already seem to think it may be overstepping boundaries by continuing to be useful outside a virtual world by >>52445081's response and tone.
>>
>>52444633
>not unscrewing the pommel to throw at them.
>>
File: FinalFantasyI.pdf (32KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
FinalFantasyI.pdf
32KB, 1x1px
Have some OC.
>>
>>52445126
Nothing anon.

Just a desperate cry for attention.
>>
>>52445182
>Someone got it

I feel I need a reverse Captain America "I got that reference" image.
>>
File: FinalFantasy1.png (171KB, 1920x2484px) Image search: [Google]
FinalFantasy1.png
171KB, 1920x2484px
>>52445191
Alright not sure what the fuck went wrong with that but here's a PNG version.
Fuck Libreoffice.
>>
>>52445191
Is this shit encrypted or something?
>>
>>52445223
>it exported one page and not all of them
What the actual fuck.
I'm gonna try and fix this.
>>52445232
No libreoffice is just being retarded.
>>
>>52445223
if MISS! triggers do you have to use that five seconds to get away or can you exploit it for an all-out attack?
>>
>>52445223
>5 seconds of invulnerability
>25% chance of happening
In a battle of super speed (which most will become once you reach a certain level) this ability will become godly.
>>
>>52445223
do you have to actually have muscles to use The various levels of Unarmed Expert or would it work for whatever you use to move?
>>
>>52445250
It can exploited for counter attacks.
>>
>>52445182
>>52445206
>Not throwing your entire sword at them.
>Not punching them in the throat till they stop breathing.
>Not stabbing them repeatedly in the dick.
>Not hitting them with the cross like a hammer.
>not pulling out a gun and shooting them (this is legitimately a suggestion in a fechtbuch).
>Not grabbing them by the hair and slamming their face into the nearest object with corners you can find.

Yeah european martial arts are brutal but they dont seem to look as nice, maybe because the entire focus is "fuck that guy in particular".
>>
>>52445223
Pretty sure Heavens is already making a Final Fantasy jump.
>>
>>52445263
Whatever you use to move.
>>
>>52445223
Isn't Heavens doing this? Also this looks pretty bad and way too gamey.
>>
>>52445266
A lot of them seem more suited to a one on one brawl than they do massed combat.
>>
>>52445275
if some kind of armament is part of your body Does it count as a weapon?
>>
File: 1399844087039.jpg (31KB, 193x213px) Image search: [Google]
1399844087039.jpg
31KB, 193x213px
>>52445191
lol wut?

>>52445223
Isn't heaven's anon working on an FF1 jump? Also pdfing stuff always shits itself no matter which word document.

Perhaps you should retry this into the 4 heroes of light jump. But more than that it feels like a really early jumpchain jump kinda bad.
>>
>>52445285
Depends if the armor has an offensive use.
>>
>>52445276
>>52445300
>>52445270
I did not know this and this is my first attempt at a jump, sorry if it's shit.
>>
File: Weapon.png (590KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Weapon.png
590KB, 1280x720px
>>52445302
I meant like cybernetic attachments,melee Demon weapon manifestations from soul eater and such not armor. pic related .
>>
>>52445327
Yeah that counts as a weapon.
>>
>>52442251
The Gamer
Generic Xianxia
In Nomine (Fertility affinity)
>>
File: 1407375365572.jpg (15KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1407375365572.jpg
15KB, 256x256px
>>52445312
It's alright anon. I don't expect you to be psychic or anything. And for a first jump. It's a good effort transitioning game mechanics somewhat. Just relies too much on hard numbers rather than stronger fluff/details.

Since this was kind of a failure. What other jump did you want to try instead?
>>
>>52445283
Yeah, most of the fechtbuch focus on judicial duels. I think gladiatoria has some melee, though I could be wrong.
>>
>>52445174
I don't see it as overstepping bounds to be used outside a virtual world, because dying in the jump is still a chain end, death is still an end to those who live in the city and the AI is god-tier within the setting.

A defence against reality warpers directly targeting you (and your immediate vicinity if that fits with the setting's canon and explaining why the AI doesn't simply pull a Sims and replace your surroundings with a prison box) seems quite valid as a capstone perk.
>>
>>52442251
Forgotten realms, overlord, generic xianxia.
>>
>>52445370
Would that be balanced with the other 600 cp choices though?
>>
>>52445350
>It's alright anon. I don't expect you to be psychic or anything. And for a first jump. It's a good effort transitioning game mechanics somewhat. Just relies too much on hard numbers rather than stronger fluff/details.

I wouldn't call >>5244522 >>52445191
a outright failure , but we do have a rule against making jumps that have been claimed and if heaven's anon has cleaned it I'm afraid we won't be able to accept this , regardless of whatever quality may or may not have , and the hard numbers mechanics Is stuff that should be put in the notes section rather than upfront like that would help So yes a lot more fluff is necessary,so maybe You would have better luck making a Final Fantasy III jump or something?
>>
Digimon Tamers
> Age: 10 [Rolled9] (1/3/5)
> Location: Shinjuku, Japan [Rolled2]
> Background: Wild One
> Dangerous Eyes [-100CP]
> Audible Edge [Get a Freebie!]
> Unrelated Villagers [Get a Freebie!]
> Digital Animation [-200CP]
> Data Harvest [-200CP]
> Bio-Emerge [-300CP]
> Too Good To Refuse [-300CP]
> Friend Shaped Friend [-100CP]
> Lifetime Supply of Bread [-200CP]
> Data Packets [Get a Freebie!]
> Electronics Store [-100CP]
> Monolithic Castle [-300CP]
> Pacifistic Tendencies [+100CP]
> Innocence [+200CP]
> Awoken Fury [+200CP]
> Destiny, Destiny, Destiny [+300CP]

Tantrums.
Tantrums and property damage.

See, Awoken Fury makes me an ornery little shit who is prone to lashing out when I'm unhappy.
Innocence renders me to a child-like understanding of the world and myself. I still have a bunch of emotion sense perks, so I can tell who means well, and I'm not any dumber in the sense that I know how to avoid dying, but... let's just say that as a kid, I thought I could get away with more shit than I actually could.
Pacifistic Tendencies tempers these, however, in that I loathe actually hurting people. Which is kind of good! Except that I avoid more problems than I actually deal with. Running away and pretending there is no problem is a way of dealing with problems in itself.

Oh, and Destiny ensures that I'm always unhappy. See: Awoken Fury.

So. Tantrums.
Tantrums and property damage.
And rampant kleptomania? That castle looks like an episode of Hoarders.
>>
>>52445433
> Digimon Form: Tailmon
> Digimon Levels: Botamon > Wanyamon > DORUmon > Tailmon > Bastemon > Kuzuhamon

In some ways, though, I fit right in now. I mean, Digimon isn't exactly full of emotionally mature individuals. Even the stable ones tend to boil their emotions down to really simple things. It is very aware that it's a kids show, lovecraftian horrors notwithstanding.
Which I'll probably run away from, by the by. Lovecraftian horrors are scary.
I was kindof a wuss as a kid. Even small dogs would scare me if they were yappy enough.

But, anyway, I spent a lot of time moving between the Castle and the Electronics Store. I was lazy, more interested in food and games than doing things, and when I did leave it was usually to steal things.
Given I have invisibility powers, it wasn't often I was caught ... but when I was, like if the main cast tried to investigate, I'd lash out at things and scream, and call the cast names, and sometimes break the thing I stole just to be a spiteful shit.
Renamon kicked me in the face a couple times.
It hurt.

I backed up my Holy Ring with the Pixelator. Which is good, because I lost that thing like eight times.
I picked my Digimon forms mostly for the sake of cuteness.

Not really much else to say, other than the times I got weirdly existential. Even kids can have moments like that!
>>
>>52445382
Hmm. The AI can still just send its Troubleshooters out to kick your ass, yes?
>>
>>52445454
Yeah.
>>
Good morning, build posting then off to work.

Heroes
Warehouse time x80.2
New york city
20 yo male
Company 900

Drawbacks
Fear fueled 1000
Displaced in time 1600

Powers
Illusions 1200
Power copying 200
Person finding free
Adoptive muscle memory 0

Ok so I start out in new york, thats a long way from the cheerleader but pretty close to where hiro comes in as well as peter, sylar should also show up here. So I think I should be able to use both my powers and the companies computer systems to find the big players (and give ice woman, the camgirl nutters mom, and mindcop some much needed help.)

I dont know what happens after season 2, I mainly want to screw with sylar and make the company flip their shit. Maybe take the guy with midas touches power, at least for a little bit, and turn a vast portion of the city into solid gold. Or maybe a bunch of boulders in the mountains.

Anyone have tips? What should I look out for in heroes? Any big bads post season 2 I should worry about?
>>
>>52445441
>> Digimon Levels: Botamon > Wanyamon > DORUmon > Tailmon > Bastemon > Kuzuhamon
...Huh. Fuzzy black blob. Cat-like fluffball. Tiny dragon-beast thing, holy cat, cat goddess (no longer holy), and then fox miko.

Digimon leveling is weird sometimes. At least most of 'em are fluffy.
>>
Yo guys, need some help here. What do you feel are the single most important:
> Story books ever penned / stories ever told
> Books on / written by women for women
(Would "Phenomenal Woman" here count?)
> Books on / written by men for men
> Books on Families
> Books to do with finding purpose / navigation that could be applied to a person's life

Basically books / stories / poems that have all but grabbed on to the consciousness of humanity and never quite have let go ever since.
>>
>>52445504
Then it's like the Matrix movie, replacing "Rebel" with "Unknown Variable": the rebels can't simply be instantly Agent-fied by the AI, but it can still send existing Agents to hunt them and kill them the old-fashioned way.

Question tho, in the setting who had this immunity? All of the protagonists or just a couple of them? What else kept the AI from using its power on the vulnerable ones?
>>
>>52445565
Konatanon's evolutionary line doesn't quite match up with what I'm reading in the Wiki, but they are all close enough and thematic enough that I'm giving it a pass.

Plus the image of a kleptomaniac Sakuyamon's dark opposite throwing a tantrum as only a Mega can is a hilarious one.
>>
File: IMG_0729.gif (47KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0729.gif
47KB, 420x315px
JESUS CHRIST JUST SHOOT ME NOW! A live action reboot of the 90's CGI tv show ReBoot.

http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/3/29/15105720/reboot-live-action-reboot
>>
>>52445571
From what I've been led to understand of the setting all humans were protected but their own self-image, after years of taking a different form, made them more akin to NPC's than Humans proper, only those whose self-image was strong enough to manipulate the data seem to have full protection whiles the others seem to have lost something very necessary and just joined the masses, with a few trying their damnedest to rebel and keep their form anyway. It's not going well but they haven't yet failed.
>>
File: _m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif (409KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
_m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif
409KB, 499x280px
>>52445575
> doesn't quite match up with what I'm reading in the Wiki
I'm using Wikimon (which is the wiki referenced in the jump doc specifically), which has a bunch of "Evolves To" and "Evolves From" lists for every Digimon, and there's a HUGE quantity for prettymuch every Digimon. Everything can evolve to and evolve from like twenty different things, each.
So, basically, I went down the list of each one, looking for the next evolutionary level for something that was also cute.

So it went,
https://wikimon.net/Botamon
https://wikimon.net/Wanyamon
https://wikimon.net/DORUmon
https://wikimon.net/Tailmon
https://wikimon.net/Bastemon
https://wikimon.net/Kuzuhamon

... and there were also additional forms from Kuzuhamon, including a "Kuzuhamon: Miko Mode" which looked pretty cool, although they were all still Ultimates, and seemed to be more akin to "evolving sideways", so I decided not to mess with them.

I spent about maybe five hours doing research for all that, so if it's wrong, you're prettymuch going to have to explain how evolution works from the ground up for me, because I don't know how basically anything in Digimon works.

... but yeah, it's pretty funny, I guess!

>>52445565
> Digimon leveling is weird sometimes.
IT REALLY IS. There's like no rhyme or reason to it!

> At least most of 'em are fluffy.
That's the travesty! Most of them aren't! I just geared specifically for maximum fluff across all evolutions.
I just want to be fluffy!
>>
>>52445646
>... but yeah, it's pretty funny, I guess!
No worries, also I checked out Wikimon and spotted the line. So I derped here, my bad!
>>
>>52445646
>Wikimon

In all honestly, the builts considered valid in there (and thus in the jumps), are pretty bullshit.

Like linearly evolving to Zeed or Chronomon.
>>
>>52445776
So don't do a bullshit evolution line.
>>
File: 1487185062308.jpg (82KB, 688x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1487185062308.jpg
82KB, 688x1162px
>>52443359
Neat.
>>
>>52445804
What about nine bullshit builds?
>>
File: JC13.jpg (7KB, 187x400px) Image search: [Google]
JC13.jpg
7KB, 187x400px
>>52445804
...what is a Zeed and what is a Chronomon?

Digimon confuse me in every way.

I just create huge hives of Eaters to live in symbiosis with my half-gauna, half-Safeguard magical girl hivefleets and their slime-Lavosii pets.
>>
>>52445776
To be fair Evolution requirements changed a lot in the series. For instance you don't need a crust and tag for an agumon to become a metal or wargreymon.
>>
>>52445873
Final bosses of their respective settings.
>>
>>52445776
It's because it lists every evolution from every part of the digimon franchise. Different games have different requirements for evolving. The card game has the most and the most recent games (cyber sleuth and next order) opened up a lot of evolutionary trees.
>>
Cyberdramon can digivolve to zeedmillenniummon or alphamon 0.o
>>
Hey NuBee, can you just say that the evolutions you pick are limited to the power levels seen in series? Buying your way into multiverse busting power is way too much for this jump.
>>
>>52445874
Considering that you can have a deck with the crests or digieggs, you could actually get a temp mega evolution or armour digivolution in tamers. Hell, even a temp DNA digivolution with another Tamer's partner.

The fact that this was not explored in greater detail is the greatest disappointment in an otherwise epic season. Since now I'm gonna have to do a lot of fanwanking and balancing to make things all nice and proper.
>>
File: ['scuse me].png (6KB, 289x275px) Image search: [Google]
['scuse me].png
6KB, 289x275px
>>52445970
Umm, as a note, one of the kids' digimon evolved into a Mega that was tearing apart the digital world by just existing. It was fighting one of the literal Lords of Hell for the Digital World at the time.

Talking about power levels in any Digimon Season is completely pointless to be honest.
>>
>>52445970

Yeah, I thought that was mostly clear that Digimon Partners no matter what form they inevitably take won't just naturally be able to do stuff their Final Boss variants in different Digimon settings could do. The same Digimon in one series does not set the bar for the same Digimon in another. Digimon Partners and Wild Ones should in no way be able to make one of the four Sovereigns look like a baby bitch using only what they have access too from Digimon within the span of their stay.
>>
>>52446061
So each tier of evolution should generally be in the same rough power level as what the digimon in those tiers in the tamers series show, even if it contradicts what those mons showed in their appearances in whatever series they come from? Sounds pretty reasonable to me. Probably the best and maybe only way to really handle it at all.
>>
>>52445553
Nobody sensible kept watching after Season 2.
>>
>>52446079
>>52446061
Just what >>52446059 says.

With Digimons like Megidramon having some of their strongest showings in the series, it's not much of a limit.
>>
>>52446139
So what's the top end like then? Planet level?
>>
File: Beelzemon vs Megidramon.jpg (69KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Beelzemon vs Megidramon.jpg
69KB, 640x480px
>>52446059
>It was fighting one of the literal Lords of Hell for the Digital World at the time.
If by "fighting" you mean literally just wrap him up in its tail and try to eat him.

Like. Megidramon appears, wraps up and tries to chomp Beelzemon, and gets held off by literally just pushing against it's face.

Why does this thing even have claws or wings? It didn't use them at all. Supposed to have firebreath and a shockwave howl too, which would've solved every problem it had there, but no. The only thing it did was drool a bit of acid, while the area around it started to fall apart through no action it was actually taking.
>>
>>52446079

Yeah, pretty much. The thing to remember about why Digimon Sovereigns are so powerful by themselves is they're also among the oldest and most complex lifeforms in Digimon Tamer's digital world. Even Guilmon, Renamon and the other Digimon Partners who can power way up in a short amount of time due to the bond with the help of their Tamers can't get on their level. It's one of those things that Digimon no matter what origin you take are gonna have to grow into. (or using OOC abilities and junk)
>>
>>52446125
Good to know!
>>
>>52446155
Because instead of being smart he was literally the incarnation of blind rage. I pove his design though.
>>
>>52446139
>>52446155

Megidramon isn't even all that strong. The world falling apart is literally part of what it does, rather than a symbol of how powerful it actually is. The Digital Hazard is like a real life Biohazard, when not properly contained it's dangerous in the caustic, diseased sort of way.

Megidramon still gets his ass beat by Beelzemon before Takato and Guilmon rally as Gallantmon and earn the comeback.
>>
>>52446146
Most likely? I dunno. We never really got to see what the Sovereigns were fully capable of besides the fact that all four of them had been holding the D-Reaper back since it awoke.

And they made the kids' biomerge digivolutions look like a bad joke.

>>52446155
Considering both Megidramon and his tamer (I keep forgetting his name) were pretty much mad with grief and anger, I'll give him a pass on that.

Also that area falling apart thing, that was the "destroying the digital world by just existing" part, it was newly evolved after all.
>>
>>52446200
all you need is pove
>>
>>52446216
From what >>52446208 is saying it seems to not really be a sign of power that the world was falling apart.

Does anyone know what the best feats in the series are? Does a digimon destroy a mountain or city? Just a few city blocks?
>>
>>52446200
He seemed more like the incarnation of hungry to me.

What with blindly trying to eat his opponent instead of, you know, attacking him with /anything/ besides just standing there with its mouth wide open.

>>52446216
I suppose madness is a valid defense though.
>>
>>52446228
Damnit. Love.
>>
>>52445776
There has never been one single evolutionary line for Digimon. It's not pokemon.
>>
Boob ninjas the jump has the ability to alter transformation sequences, right?

Can I weaponize this, or is there a level of consent required?
>>
>>52446289
What jump?
>>
>>52446300

Sounds like Senran Kagura?
>>
>>52446059
It's pretty clear he's just baiting, and NuBee is the weak willed sort who gives in instantly.
>>
>>52446300
Boob ninjas.

...sen-something?
>>
>>52446179
Or ignore bad rulings. Control freak jumpmakers are such irritants.
>>
>>52446323
The bigger problem for me is the "You can't get strong during your stat you have to wait until thousands of jumps later.", which stinks of early jumpchain rulings from back where we started where everyone was scared of 'invalidating' each others' jumps.
>>
>>52446237
> seems to not really be a sign of power that the world was falling apart
I never mentioned it as a level of power. When I originally replied to the comment on power levels, I noted that digimon tend to have bullshit abilities.
>>52446059
Hence it is completely pointless to talk about power levels.

However to answer your question, I do remember Indramon (massive horse thingie) obliterating entire sections of the city until Wargrowlmon destroyed him...and caused the city hundreds of billions of yen in damages to the highway and surrounding buildings.

Trying to find a video of it, but all I'm getting are either AMVs or foreign language dubs.
>>
File: 317.png (134KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
134KB, 600x601px
>>52446323
>>
>>52446345
Or I just really don't like his ruling style.
>>
File: eb6.jpg (42KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
eb6.jpg
42KB, 604x453px
>>52446350
>>
>>52446367
>You are stupid for not liking it when jumpmakers are strongly restrictive in their rulings.
>You cannot have preferences.
>>
>>52446309

I'm more just super gullible and trusting. It's really easy to trick me by displaying faux ignorance. That's why I drop out of thread or get advice from other people when I actually am suspicious.
>>
>>52446343
Wait, scratch that, Vikaralamon was definitely the most destructive. My bad.
>>
>>52446399
Which was the snake destroying entire subway systems?
>>
>>52446388
Speaking of Tamers anyway, I was wondering what happens with the Sentimental Gift in non-Digimon forms?
>>
>>52446409

No, Vikaralamon is the massive Boar Deva that caused widespread destruction just by charging around and throwing its weight around, simultaneously blowing the lid off of the whole government conspiracy trying to keep them secret.
>>
>>52446430

It'll generally reflect the last Digimon form you took, or become thematic of your current form if it's data based.
>>
>>52446333
>Flashbacks to Raildex
>>
>>52446409
Sandiramon iirc
>>
Pikachu is my favorite Digimon.
>>
>>52446494
Brock is my favourite Pokemon.
>>
>>52446494

Suezo is pretty cool too, but I wouldn't call it my favorite unless we're talking strictly Kanto Digimon.
>>
>>52446494
Blue eyes white dragon is my favorite pokemon, I dont like it when he digicolves into greymon though.
>>
>>52446458
Alright, thanks. I was hoping it was something like that, instead of simply turning back into a toy.

Though now I'm kind of wondering how it'd react to a Digital Devil Saga form.
>>
>>52446527
>Suezo
So how is the monster rancher jump coming along nubee since you obviously have something in mind.

unlock our discs man
>>
>>52446543

No problem.

>>52446546

Nah, it'd be real fun to do it and I had plans once upon a time, but I believe it's already been claimed and worked on.
>>
>>52446589
Yeah over 2 years ago. Then dropped in the wip folder and not touched since.
>>
>>52446179
Isn't the whole point of Digimon evolving and getting stupidly strong? Even in the animes. Putting those hardcaps based on local cosmology that you deny at the same time makes no sense.
>>
>>52446208
>Megidramon still gets his ass beat by Beelzemon before Takato and Guilmon rally as Gallantmon and earn the comeback.

Well, Beelzemon's power level is basically 'what the story needs to be in that precise moment'. It doesn't makes for good comparisons.
>>
>>52446602

Has it really been that long? I thought for sure someone had been working on it more recently.

>>52446619

What hardcaps? Digimon grow stronger by getting older, by training, by absorbing data, digivolving, growing into more complex lifeforms. It only makes sense that you wouldn't be able to just turn into something stronger than the local Sovereigns who have lived far, far longer, done all that, reached the peak and have been there at the top for who knows how long.

I'm not telling you that you can't get on their level, I'm saying turning into something like ZeedMilleniummon won't start you at a baseline of multiversal threat. There's not really enough time in the Digimon Jump to be reaching them using only what's available as a Digimon. Barring OOC circumstances, it's not a thing that's possible.
>>
build for Seven Deadly Sins/Nanatsu no Taizai
https://pastebin.com/mKdAeLx5
>>
>>52446686
Monster Rancher last got updated 30 july 2015, and is still in the wip folder... it looks quite jumpable though, so i dunno what the maker was planning to add/change?
>>
>>52446686
Are you ruling that a digimon's power can be determined by its age and that it grows stronger over time?
>>
>>52446797
It was rejected solely because the thread didn't like how the disc item worked.
>>
>>52446797

That's a real shame. I thought Toriko had been working on it. That being said, my sense of time is shit and I haven't seen him in a long ass time, so I guess this makes a lot of sense now.
>>
>>52446686
>Time
See, this is the painful part of this. You're doing that whole "You can't do this until 1000 jumps later" thing that was so common in 2014. It's a really outdated idea to restrict things in jump like that for no reason except to preserve the tone you want (like you seem over-invested in the sovereigns.)
>>
>>52446810

It's certainly a contributing factor? Why? Digimon progress from the Fresh to Adult stages just by getting older, and through personal training and data consumption along with more time they can get stronger before eventually advancing to later forms. I believe I covered that in the Jump in the Levels area of the Custom Digimon section for people unfamiliar for how they worked.
>>
>>52446861
>>52446842
I'm going to solve this problem right away, then.

Tales of Symphonia: Lifeless Being
It allows you to control your age at-will.

Congratulations NuBee, your Digimon Jump has become as trivialised as Forgotten Realms (for those that became dragons).
There's also general Xianxia with taking 10^x extra years but that can't be done until after the digimon jump
>>
>>52445312
Next time, ask before you put effort into stuff.
>>
>>52446896

Cool? I've been been telling you guys this entire time that out of context powers can help immensely. You'll still need to train and data munch, but there are perks for that stuff stuff. Was there a point to agreeing with me?
>>
>>52446896
There is also Narnian Time.

>>52446686
If you admit that going full murderhobo is a possibility to reach great lengths of power in Digimon, why are you trying to force the whole 'it's impossible to get pass the sovereigns by in-jump means'?
>>
>>52446923
Just so it could be assured that you weren't going to limit something like that. Some makers aren't too happy when they try to cap a powerlevel in-jump and someone posts a way to remove it.
>>
>>52446942
Thats not what he said though, he said they had already had however long to get to their point. He also said other things helped. He also said you could do it too it just takes time.
>>
>>52446942

Digimon all have an ability called Data Absorption, which is also covered in the Jump as a perk which would allow you to access the ability no matter the form you take. In that perk I detail what Data Absorption does. Absorbing the data of beings around your level helps a bunch, absorbing the data of beings lower than yourself is a marginal increase at the best of times.

With nothing existing even close to the level of the Sovereigns in the digital world, murderhoboing your way through the digital world and absorbing as much data as you can will eventually see you above everything else but not as strong as them, and whatever else you could be killing wouldn't be helping you very much.

Murderhoboing with Data Absorption can take you really far, but unless you possess the means to continue eating stuff on your level or above, it won't help you very much. This is doubly so if the canon plot plays out and the Digital World is reset, as then you'd have nothing even approaching a decent meal to help you grow through that method.

It's not impossible to get past the Sovereigns with in-jump means, it's impossible to get past the Sovereigns with in-jump means using only the time in the Jump.

>>52446943

I'm not trying to cap anything though. I've been trying to say, if you're only using the stuff from this Jump, as in this is Jump 1, there are certain natural limitations you won't be surpassing.

It's like if you had a few months to train up and fight a professional boxer with the help of an excellent coach and gym. Could you eventually get on the level of that boxer, especially with all this support? Sure. Just not in a few months, which is what you have.
>>
>>52447105
It gets reset?
>>
>>52447105
So I do not need the Data absorption perk to be able to use it out of this jump? I used all my stuff to buy digital progenitor and the false blue card as a wild one, all in hopes of giving Jeri a good partner.
>>
>>52447160

In the canon plot of Digimon Tamers, as part of the ultimate plan to defeat D-Reaper they gotta hard reboot the Digital World, basically speaking. This sucks and is really sad, but works perfectly.

>>52447169

You would not need to buy the perk to use it out of the Jump, but it wouldn't have the liberties of a perk as it's a racial ability of Digimon in Digimon Tamers.
>>
>>52447190
Bee are you gonna be doing S1 & S2 of Digimon?
>>
118. Animorphs
Perks: Morphing, Two Of Your Earth Hours, Yoink!, Acquisitive Gaze, Chimera Morph, Estreen, My Name Is Jake!, Turning The Tables
Items: The Series, Kandrona Tracker
Drawbacks: On A Mission From Ellimist

Jump-chan found me a really nice part-time job with someone who I'm like 82% sure is this universe's Santa Claus who is in some sort of dispute with Krampus. I go to alien worlds and try and figure out some vague riddle that usually brings about a happy ending and then I get a nice present that helps me the next time he needs me. Or maybe some hot cocoa if he feels like it. It really depends on his mood.

This leaves me plenty of time to conduct a guerrilla war alongside schoolchildren, aliens, and their magical mystery box. I saw them all touching it, so I went invisible and touched it as well. And then I healed the space centaur and fought off another space centaur, but with a second soul in his head, that became a many headed dragon. I copied that monster's form from him with my eyes. I stole a lot of forms with my eyes. And then powered them up with Evo, but the changes couldn't stick after I changed back because of a hard genetic reset. The kids could learn the form from me and then I learned it back from them. Then I'd chimera/Evo up a new form and we'd do it again. This is called sharing and it's very useful.

I really didn't pretend to be human. There wasn't much call for it. I was able to convince them to make some of my companions Animorphs as well. Somni lost his human alt-form to becoming a super-caribou with a venomous tail and fangs, and we had to use the Icon of Civilization to fix him somewhat. So now he switches between that and his still-tremendously modified poke-form. He doesn't mind all that much.

Being a really good therapist and doctor also helped this jump. There was PTSD, daddy issues, body image issues, trust issues, a hospital full of easily indoctrinated cripples, and also robots and mer-people.
>>
>>52447368

Mmmm, maybe. I don't have any plans for it right now though so don't take it as me laying a claim. I was a lot more attached to Tamers as a kid which is why I really wanted to do it. Adventures and Adventures 2 (former more than the latter) also hold a special place in my heart and memories though, which is why I can't say it's an impossibility.
>>
>>52443226
Magicite mastery from FF6 if you murder them. Ghost rider's deal maker lets you make deals with people to trade various things, including powers. Which you could get at a steal depending on your pitch or strong arming them into it, but can't force them.

>>52443359
What is this even about?

>>52443523
You know I had managed to forget and now the ending is coming back vividly. Fuck you anon.
>>
>>52447620

Little Witch Academia from what I've been told is basically cute witches doing cute things. The witches in the series basically work like classic witches with broom sticks, pointy hats, potion brewing and all that.
>>
File: Alchemist lvl 20.gif (5MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemist lvl 20.gif
5MB, 371x209px
>>52447733
>doing cute things
>>
>>52448001

Huh, so they weren't kidding, seems positively adorable now.
>>
>>52448001
Bitch, that's adorable.
>>
>>52441316

I'm a cuddler. I will hug and snuggle with someone I love until they're sick of it.

Cooking their favorite meals is also something I do.
>>
>>52448229
Hey Kamen Jumper, were you working on an update for Showa part 1? I could have sworn you were, but my memory's been playing tricks on me recently.
>>
>>52446249
>incarnation of hungry to me.
That's Beelzemon actually, he's one of the Seven Demon Lords, the Lord of Gluttony.
>>
>>52448369

Yup, always liked how it was represented too, as a type of battle hunger and constantly gorging himself on the data of fallen enemies to become stronger. Real different from your standard take on the sin.
>>
>>52448001
That's a fucking reskinned Soul Eater yo.
>>
>>52448325

I am still working on the update for Showa Part 1, but a never ending tide of school work keeps me from having time to finish it.

I swear to God one of these days I'm just going to stay up all night and finish it just so I don't have to feel bad about not releasing it.
>>
>>52448001
Suzi is amazing, and a miracle to the universe.
>>
>>52448452
Oh, okay. Don't worry about it man, I was just making sure I wasn't going crazy and remembering things that didn't happen. Take you time.
>>
>>52448453
This man speaks the truth. Suzi is a best.
Thread posts: 470
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.