[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: c4rd4r7_8B1bipyEYq.jpg (38KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_8B1bipyEYq.jpg
38KB, 850x500px
>be me
>play GMs weird, semi-freeform magic system game about travelling between universes
>GM says I can have 'whatever magic I want'
>decide to test it
>make my magic 'being invincible', expecting it to get vetoed
>mfw GM okays it
>make lawful good paladin-kind of fighter and leader

>GM's girlfriend, not super into RPGs but can actually get into it, but lacks creativity
>makes hotheaded, red-haired pyromancer chick that likes setting things on fire
>Well, we all got to start somewhere, right?

>Autist McAutistface makes a mind reader/psion with no combat skills
>can't even use a weapon or throw a punch
>is IC and OOC a total know-it-all
>LOL I have OOC info because I can read minds

>Neckbeard decides to make an elf chick
>"But she's not sterotypical, guys. She's not a better than thou tolkin elf."
>Instead, she's an autist that can't deal with other people and loves plants
>Whatever, at least he gave her a sword and she can pull some neat mana-manipulation tricks in the freeform system we're using
>I think he's hitting on GM's gf IC

>Last character is Miss 'Obviously evil and going to backstab us all' that's also a Necromancer
>Smug and had a relationship with McAutistface's char, not sure if homo
>Voice objections to her presence IC, but get overruled, don't want to be an ass about it.
>>
>>52433510

Last few sessions, we exploited an infinite mana hack to blast some kind of Cthulu-style monster, followed by a breather on fleshing out pyromancer's backstory. Then, we finally tracked down the obvious big bad of the campaign. The furry GMPC tried to send us on some kind of stupid sidequest, but we ignored him. We killed pseudo-cthulu, we can deal with some stupid flying lizard.

>Arrive in freaking sandstorm
>Huge coincidence, but fine
>Pyromancer makes us a hut out of molten glass, actually pretty neat. Gave GM's gf a thumbs-up for the idea.
>GM rolls on random encounter table
>suddenly fucking zombies everywhere
>GM looks smug
>Autist McAutistface suddenly hides, being fucking useless in combat as usual
>Necromancer seizes control of them, makes fight trivial
>Necro's player has huge smug grin, GM retreats behind his screen, quickly googles something on his laptop
>Comes back up grinning, asks for perception checks
>Suddenly, three fucking sandworms at once
>really, sandworms? I know we're in a desert but you really couldn't think of something more original?
>Necromancer crit-fails roll, gets swallowed whole
>Fight against time as she runs out of HP
>Almost get her out
>Player decides he can't risk it and pops his super-secret overpowered artifact of doom.

(Oh yeah, did I mention that artifact? She got it at chargen and it makes her a looot more powerful, but has the downside that it's somehow cursed. In practise, it means the rest of us has to babysit her unconscious body after she steals the show. Suuuper balanced, right?

>She pops out of the stomach of the sandworm and falls unconscious
>Fight basically won
>GM starts sweating
>"Uhhh...the dead sandworms come back alive."
>mfw half our party is down already and now we have to face three more of the fuckers
>Suddenly, 'divine' intervention, NPC casually slays all the enemies
>GM narrates how my character is in total awe of this 'God'
>Session ends.

Thoughts on my game, /tg/?
>>
>>52433519
Your GM is probably ripping some story off
>>
>>52433613
But what story could that be?
>>
>>52433627
The story he wrote before he met any of you.

Featuring his girlfriend.
>>
>>52433692
That doesn't make much sense, she's hardly the main character
>>
>not sure if people missing the joke or just acting like they do
>>
File: The Joke.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Joke.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>52434338
Is it a reference to something?
>Pic related
>>
>>52434942
It's the Gatewatch. The main 'protagonists' of magic the gathering's main story, and the thing above is literally the last story they posted today.

Paladin-guy is Gideon, Autist McAutistface is Jace, Pyrogirl is Chandra, Autist elf is Nissa and evil Necromancer lady is Liliana
>>
>>52435097
this confusion just serves to highlight how bland and unoriginal the magic storyline is
>>
>>52435188
I honestly thought it would be so blatantly obvious nobody would miss it.

but yes, it really reads like some third-rate GMs campaign
>>
File: 1455320531695.png (168KB, 619x508px) Image search: [Google]
1455320531695.png
168KB, 619x508px
>>52435097
oh shit. It all makes sense now.

I was sorta thinking about Chandra but that was the only thing.

I gave up on the story a while ago.
>>
>>52435240
There's a lot of people here who aren't into Magic in general, and even among the Magic players, most tend to disregard the lore.
>>
File: Amonkhetto Kaiba.jpg (15KB, 360x240px)
Amonkhetto Kaiba.jpg
15KB, 360x240px
>>52433510
>>52433519
Good shit, well done!

Gideon greentexts seem to suit his character so well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.