[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to collect Anime inspired games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 194x259px
I humbly request the vast knowledge wielded by folks and folk'ets of /tg, to help me find anime inspired games. Specifically, would like table rpgs and mini games but would really like to hear the games available out there.

Thanks for your time.
>>
>>52432569
>folks and folk'ets

The proper way to write this would be

>folks and folkettes
>>
>>52432595

Language isn't on my side in more ways than one.
>>
Cthulhu Tech is animesque. It takes a lot of Lovecraft's setting (with a noticable lack of actual Cthulhu. I like it, the big old octopus needs less attention) but in a sci-fi 30-years-in-the-future setting. With giant robots. There's Real Robot genre ones and there's Engels which are unashamedly taken from Evangelion (They straight up say they're doing it in the introdution to the Core Rulebook). I love the setting, haven't managed to run a game in it yet.
>>
Exalted, naturally.
>>
>>52432569

There's a LOT but off the top of my head:

>MAID rpg
>Mekton Zeta
>Bubblegum Crisis
>Big Eyes, Small Mouth
>OVA the RPG
>Raspberry Heaven
>Monopoly: Pokémon Kanto edition
>Pokémon Tabletop Adventures (and Pokémon Tabletop United)
>PokéRole
>Adeptus Evangelion
>Magical Burst
>Raspberry Heaven
>Pretty much anything made by Ewen Cluney actually
>>
>>52432610
You must also be a French-speaker then.
>>
>>52432569
Something something chink in my armour
>>
>>52432569

Tenra Bansho Zero is a japanese--made sci-fi/fantasy game explicitly designed to be as 90's action anime as fucking possible. But there's no need to have a board or minis, really.

Krosmaster is a french board game based on the Wakfu/Dofus MMORPGs but they have pedigree in animation these days, so playing it and having the detailed little minis is nice, since you get to watch the source material where the units come from and see them in cartoon format. I put $50 down on the basegame and $30 on a shitload of minis and it's my favorite physical game, now. But that's because i used to play Wakfu before it died out.
>>
>>52432569
Big Eyes Small Mouth (or BESM) is made for playing anime.
Giant Guardian Generation is for mecha stuff.
Ryuutama is a very comfy and light hearted system.
>>
>>52432874

Sadly due to a bad education and some general dimwittedness on my part.

Thanks for all these recomondations. Will look begin looking stuff up in turn.

Are there any more dice games or interesting boardgames?
>>
>>52432569
Anima: Beyond Fantasy is literally designed to replicate anime. Whether it actually achieves this is a matter of contention.

Legend of the Five Rings is about fantasy feudal japan, not anime, but I'm guessing that you're a bit of a weeb and would be interested in it.
Similarly, if you're a fan of Wuxia shit, look up Legend of the Wulin.

They've already been mentioned, but I highly reccomend Exalted, MAID, Mekton Zeta, BESM, an Ryuutama.

Don't listen to >>52432718. Cthulhu Tech is fucking horrible.
>>
>>52435620
Tentacle Bento is a cardgame you'd probably be interested in.
>>
>>52435620
Tanto Cuore
>>
File: INF-280010.jpg (396KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
INF-280010.jpg
396KB, 1600x1131px
>>52432569
>mini games
Infinity is your best bet. There games that are even more anime like Relic Knights, but they're kinda garbage and no-one plays them. Infinity is pretty damned anime still and has a moderately large following.
>>
File: Kamigakari.pdf (7MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Kamigakari.pdf
7MB, 1x1px
>>52432569
Kamigakari is a straight-up anime RPG system, where you can play such archetypes as magical girls, kamen riders, shrine maidens, highschool ninjas, sempais, etc. Awesome fact: it is proof that /tg/ gets shit done, as it was translated by our very one Kamigakari-anon and dumped here on his birthday a few months back. Dig up the archives to find the pdf. Oh heck, here, I'll post it. But check the thread anyway, lots of art (and history) on there. Seriously.

For boardgames, look for the oddly relaxing Tokaido, also the deceptively competitive Takenoko (bonus expansion: chibis), also Sushi Go (Party).
>>
>>52436715
>Relic Knights, but they're kinda garbage
You are right, but that is kind of an understatement. That game is seriously trash, and 2E shows no signs of improving.
>>
>>52441143
It's by Soda Pop Miniatures. They have an impressive track record of coming up with more or less interesting ideas and then completely and unsalvageably fucking up their execution.
>>
Speaking of which,

>>52436609
This is utter garbage, too.
They took Rummy, slapped repeating images on it and fucked it up.
>>
>>52444545
>tanto cuore
https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/PR_Tanto_Cuore_Card_Game.html

Is it really worth demanding £50 RRP?
>>
>>52444989
Oh, sorry. I meant to quote >>52435775

Tanto Cuore is based on Dominion. Didn't like the base set.
>>
>>52444989
No, it's carbage like said. Get Weiss Schwarz if you absolutely want card game with anime girls. There are also others, but they're not translated or popular.

Tanto Cuore is just not fun to play.
>>
>>52432569
Anima Beyond Fantasy is pretty animesque, and it allows tons of character customization. Hell, the Technicist class is basically the most anime class i've ever seen.
>>
>>52432718
Cthulhu Tech also has repulsive mechanics.
>>
its been said but Anima Beyond Fantasy is your bet OP >>52432569

it literally references various animes in its descriptions. the system was designed to be able to replicate any anime. it has extensive personalization and an amazing Ki system to allow anyone techniques like you've seen in anime.

THE DOWN SIDE!! is the base system is fucking shit, its complicated and bogged down, the typos and errors in translation can fuck up your day, combat requires you to do an actual math formula and check a chart of percentages, save yourself the time and find an excel sheet to use it speeds up combat so fucking much.

but if you find a liking towards it, make little tweaks for yourself and your group and it can become one of the best systems. allowing anyone to play any kind of character and allowing you to run almost any style of (non tacticool) game.
>>
>>52446795
same fagging.

AND if you're really looking to get your fix on animu and are willing to home-brew, there someone here who has replicated bankai and spiral power and various other things here

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/forum/89-anima-beyond-fantasy-rpg/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.