[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Lore: Walk Like an Egyptian Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 46

New Magic Story: Impact
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/impact-2017-03-29

The new story begins today, we see the Jactice League enter the world of Amonkhet. What do you guys think of the story? Where do you see it going? How much will WotC push We Waz Kangz?
>>
>>52430075
As long as it doesn't feature Chandra. Gideon and Lilliana are fun together, but if I hear Gids one more time I will murder someone.
>>
>>52430075
I'm just going to say that while I think some of the "Gatewatching costuming" for the Amonkhet plane is ridiculous (see: Liliana, she should really be wearing something lighter, looser, and perhaps more diaphanous/less clothing, as much as it would make the SJWs rage), I can appreciate that Gideon at least made a vague attempt to TRY and blend in a bit with that artwork.
>>
Can I get a Quick Rundown™ on the story? Thanks
>>
>>52430283
blah blah sand blah blah Kaladesh blah blah Gatewatch blah blah wtf sand wurms blah blah surral blah blah Liliana's dead blah blah wait no she isn't blah blah big dog lady blah blah wtf Amonkhet has people in it
>>
>>52430283
HOL UP
YOU MEAN
WE WUZ GATWATCH N SHIT
>>
>>52430304
Yeah the pictures were pretty faggy, like fuck how many sandworm pictures did Wizards get made.
>>
>>52430377
sandwurm tribal confirmed
>>
File: c4rd4r7_9gw4NKWrve[1].jpg (34KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_9gw4NKWrve[1].jpg
34KB, 850x500px
Gee fellas, I'm not sure we got the right place
I don't see any signs of Bolas a n y w h e r e
>>
PROS
>Nissa realizing that everything that dies on the plane instantly turns into a zombie
>Lili melting her way out of a wurm with the chain veil
>Chandra actually using her powers for more than just "throw fire at the enemy"
>Gideon remembering that he's religious
>Chandra cooling her jets a bit and actually meditating

CONS
>Gatewatch running straight to Amhonket with NO PLAN
>Jace being a literal punching bag and overall useless
>The ALL CAPS FRANTIC THINKING bits with Chandra

Overall, not a bad chapter per say. The annoying bits were really annoying, but the cool bits made up for it. Slightly.
>>
And they can't help themselves get flustered seeing black characters portrayed in any light except being vile and degenerate.

"Please wotc, stop pushing and pandering to black people it's ruining my fun"

You're pathetic and should kill yourself quickly and quietly.
>>
>>52430861
>>Gatewatch running straight to Amhonket with NO PLAN
It's interesting to see their reasons for why.

>Chandra: We beat three Eldrazi and we beat Tezzeret. Let's hit him hard, now.
>Liliana: I don't relish the thought, but with Bolas scheming and Tezzeret on the loose, I—we—aren't safe anywhere.
>Jace: Bolas is smarter than us. Whatever time we spend preparing, he'll spend it better.
>Nissa: I dunno lol

Chandra's reasoning is stupid. Liliana's acting purely out of fear. Nissa doesn't know. Jace is probably the most reasonable argument of them all, because he's 100% right. Bolas is smarter than them, stronger than them, and has more experience than them. The more they wait, the worse it'll be. I think Ajani is right that they should get allies and plan, but Jace does have a reasonable point.

Assuming Bolas doesn't just smack Tezzeret's shit for annoying him in his summer vacation plane and ignore the warnings.
>>
>>52430861
What did Chandra do? I skipped that part. I find it unconfortable to read the way she is written.
>>
>>52430962
I honestly expect Bolas to know nothing about the Gatewatch, purely because it is ENTIRELY in Tezzerets character to simply not tell Bolas.

Seriously. He just planeswalked away. We don't even know where he went. I expect when they finally confront Bolas he'll be like "What the fuck, who the hell are you? Go away kids, I'm on vacation"
>>
>>52430982
She used her flames to melt sand and molded it into a glass dome so they could have shelter from the sandstorm.

Not entirely sure that's how glass-making works, but hey, it's magic.
>>
>>52430990
He knows Liliana, Jace and he must know about Chandra, doesn't he?
>>
>>52431012
He knows who they are, but I'm not convinced that he knows about them all being together.

I mean, he probably does, being the ultra super genius bad guy mastermind and all, but unless Tezz told him that these 5 were coming for him, he shouldn't know
>>
>>52431012
He explicitly knows Liliana and Jace because he's met them, sometimes multiple times. They fear him with good reason, Jace shits himself in terror at/during/after their confrontation in Agents of Artifice.

He knows about Ajani, he knows about Chandra, because he arranged for her to be one of the ones freeing the Eldrazi.

Whether he knows about Nissa or Gideon, unclear. I wouldn't be surprised if he was keeping track of Nissa because of the Zendikar/Eldrazi thing, but Gideon might well be the fly in the ointment.
>>
>>52430075

>it turns out those are truly Bolas' horns
>he was taking a sandbath
>a sandbath long enough to let a city sprung on his back
>>
Can't believe you guys didn't get pissed off at Nissa saying
"We're stringer together"

This is definitely some super secret propaganda to make us all liberal cucks so that the white race is weeded out one day.

Stay strong my brothers.
>>
>>52431091
>stringer
Please die out and clear up the gene pool.
>>
>>52430861
>>Jace being a literal punching bag and overall useless
Jace has never been useful.
There's this huge divide between people who play the game and see Jace making badass quips and being featured on overpowered cards but Jace has always been a scrawny nerd who's powers never actually work because they invalidate all threats when they do.
The man's a puzzle solver on his best days.
>>
File: IMG_20170217_164311382.jpg (924KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_164311382.jpg
924KB, 1456x2592px
I'm rooting for Bolas. These gatewatch kids are getting too smug for my liking.
>>
>>52430075
>get to Kaladesh
>land in a sandstorm
>it immediately triggers Gideon's defenses

This amuses me, I'm not sure why. Probably because it sounds like a DM saying "guys, you really should not be here this early in the campaign".
>>
>>52430075

Jace's PoV acceptable.

Nissa's is average.

Liliana's triggers me with Beefslab comments.

Chandra is still acting like a hormonal teenager.

Gideon's is suraling.
>>
>>52431280
>Gideon's is suraling.
Gideon suraling a wurm from inside was pretty awesome.

Same for Liliana "coming back to life".
I always love when they depict the Chain Veil in action.
>>
>>52431185
True, but if someone like Chandra can evolve beyond "fire girl who throws fire" then Jace can evolve into someone who can actually do something in a fight.

For example, just here in the fight with the zombies and wurms, he could have turned Gideon invisible, perhaps even unsummoned the zombies, done more to distract the remaining worms after proving that the scorpion trick worked

dude needs to do more than just get jumped and pummeled into the ground
>>
Gideon's reaction to the God makes me hope that he'll realize that Bolas had been nothing but good to the people on his plane.
>>
>>52431345
He used to be telekinetic as well as telepathic, but they seem to have dropped that aspect of his abilities.
>>
>>52431011
it kinda is. I mean, it's pretty half-assed just nuking a sand dune, but desperate times...
>>
>>52431345
>he could have turned Gideon invisible
That actually doesn't work on zombies. He learned that the hard way on Innistrad

>unsummoned the zombies
Unsummoning is pretty much only used storywise when they're actual mana constructs, not physical things.
Like Nissa used to be able to make mana constructs of Joraga elves, literally "summoning" them. Those could be unsummoned. The actual walking corpses of people? Not so much.
>>
>>52430075
>Amonkhet the city is surrounded by endless zombie deserts
That's fucking metal
>>
>Gideon ripping sandwurms apart from the inside and out

Holy fuck what is this dude made of, first the entire Aether Spire falls on him and now he can casually shrug off being crushed and digested.
>>
File: 3.jpg (82KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
82KB, 850x850px
>>52430075
>What do you guys think of the story?

I think WE'VE GOT (UNDEAD) WURMSIGN THE LIKES OF WHICH EVEN BOLAS HAS NEVER SEEN!
>>
File: 2.jpg (71KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
71KB, 850x500px
>>52432075
The Great Makers know nothing of death!
>>
File: 1.jpg (72KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
72KB, 850x500px
>>52432117
Shai-Hulud will consume the Gatewatch!
>>
File: attrition.jpg (62KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
attrition.jpg
62KB, 850x500px
>>52432140
Also, here's the art for Invocation Attrition.
>>
>>52432160
>>52432140
>>52432117
>>52432075
Legendary Wurm when?
>>
>>52432170
Not soon enough, my friend. But with Wurms likely being the dominant big Green critter in Amonkhet, I think the chances are higher than ever before of it happening!
>>
>>52431997
hes has the best correlation between story and his cards.

Gideon can turn himself indestructible. Hence why he shrugged off being eaten/crushed.
>>
>>52432188
Desert Wurms doesn't feel green to me though
>>
File: Gideon_Jura.png (503KB, 620x603px) Image search: [Google]
Gideon_Jura.png
503KB, 620x603px
When did Gideon become black?
>>
>>52432456
I agree, but if that's the case, then I don't see Green realistically being in this set at all because virtually nothing about a desert is Green.
>>
>>52432496
of all the recent skin color changes, this picture actually makes him look the most white, just in shade.
>>
File: bfz-promo.jpg (120KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
bfz-promo.jpg
120KB, 620x620px
>>52432496
It's not that he's black, they just have no consistent art direction with regards to any of the planeswalkers. I don't know how they're so fucking bad at this.
>>
>>52432539
I'm pretty sure that's the OGideon.
>>
>>52432531
Amonkhet has the not!Nile and all that is associated with it
It's green as fuck
>>
>>52432598
is it?

For some reason I always get stuck thinking of the bruce willis one.
>>
>>52432624
Of all the art that could possibly considered the Bruce Willis one... How is it not that one?
>>
>>52432606
In a sense. I see water and I think Blue, but you're not wrong.
>>
File: bruce.jpg (474KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
bruce.jpg
474KB, 960x768px
>>52432649
because it isnt?
>>
>>52430982
>>52430861

God damn Chandra's monologue pisses me off. I think they're trying to imitate ADD but as someone who has ADD its nothing like that. She just sounds like this annoying idiot who has no purpose being anywhere near actual conflict and decision-making.
>>
File: Desert forest.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Desert forest.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>52432531
>>52432606
They could pull a Tarkir and have the 'forests' be maintained gardens
And have islands be random desert Oasis
>>
>>52432741
They probably will too, given the full-art basics...
>>
>>52432735
So how Modern Wizards sees Red then? Especially when next to the "intellectual thinking man's colors" like white and blue.
>>
>>52432735
People say she's one of the better members of the Gatewatch, but I really don't see it. I find her infuriating.
>>
>>52432735
The story was pretty decent, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't skip her parts. Even people on Facebook are roasting her characterization.
>>
>>52432783
>People
Who exactly? Reddit/Tumblr?
>>
>>52432791
I've seen such sentiments on this very board as well, so yes.
>>
>>52432787
>Even people on Facebook are roasting her characterization
>roasting
Eyyyyy
>>
>>52432834
I'm pretty sure Chandra would roast her own interpretation in the articles
>>
>>52432735
Like, if you're gonna have an emotional and conflicted and tumultuous character, cool. That's great. You want to create someone who's the avatar of red, alright.

But for the love of good writing, make her narration sound less like a 12 year old's stream of thought. I hate the word "cringe" but honestly there's really no other way to describe it.

I wouldn't even mind if they did it sparingly, either. Incoherent jibbering is cool and powerful when you want to express something big, like a moment where emotions are really high, or when someone's reality is crumbling. If it's a point in the story where that feeling of confusion and emotion and fear is something you want to get across, it's great!

But by god, every. SINGLE. TIME we cut to her perspective I'm pulled from a coherent fantasy world and into this cringe-worthy annoying mess.

And the worst thing is other people are loving it. I dunno, maybe living with a disorganized mind 24/7 has given me little patience for this shit. Of course tumblr eats that shit like french fries because that's how everything there is but I expected Reddit to at least call it cringey.
>>
>>52430990
>>52431012
>>52431042
He pretty much built the Gatewatch. Freeying the eldrazi titans was orchestrated by him, and the fact that they're dead means it was all according to plan.
What Bolas doesn't know yet, is that Ugin is alive again.
>>
>>52433100
I'm very much looking forward to Bolas' reaction when Ugin pops up again.

"Hey wait a second...didn't I kill you 1000 years ago?"

"Yes but then time shit happened and I got better."

"...all according to plan!"
>>
>>52432996

No, it's bad. It's real fucking bad. I'll slog through a bad read usually, for the sake of the whole, to take in everything. Chandra sections though? Fuuuuck that. Cringe is the exact word. What writer can string such normal, and evocative sentences together, and then suddenly decide to just switch to all caps keyboard vomit. Holy run-on sentence Batman!
>>
>>52430433
What is he doing under the sand? Does he not realise his horns stick out of the ground?
>>
>>52432996
Yeah, I was willing to forgive a lot of Chandra's shit in Kaladesh, if only because the whole situation was supposed to put her off balance and make her emotionally unstable, but Christ. This is even worse.
>>
>>52430861
Oh boy, I can't wait to see how the gatewatch ruin yet another plane
>>
>>52433284
Bolas has no object permanence. If he can't see you, he thinks you can't see him.
>>
>>52433256
Hipsters love poorly written garbage, I guess.
>>
File: bigwurm4U.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
bigwurm4U.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>52432170
Now
>>
>>52433341
Why is that not legendary?
>>
>>52433341
>>52433284
Nicol Bolas, Worldspine of Amonkhet?
>>
>>52433312
They're going to FREE THE SHIT OUT OF AMONKHET. No longer will Bolas' influence keep the Gods in line and the area around the rivers safe from the undead curse. Amonkhet will return to glorious rule by the populace when they're not being turned into playthings for the divine or dying only to return as a shambling, desiccated corpse.
>>
>>52433367
WE WUZ KANGS AND SHIET
>>
WE
>>
>>52433132
If I were to guess:
>Losing to Ajani
Not according to plan
>Losing control of Sarkhan
Not according to plan
>Liliana getting the Veil instead of Kothophed
According to plan
>Garruk becoming Jason
Not according to plan
>Eldrazi being fred
According to plan
>Chandra beating Ramaz
Not according to plan
>Tezzeret getting fucked up by Jace
According to plan
>Jin Gitaxias learning about planeswalkers
According to plan
>Tezzered getting sneakier
According to plan
>Jace becoming the Guildpact
Not according to plan
>A group of walkers assembling to fight the eldrazi
According to plan
>Sarkhan traveling in time to save Ugin
Not according to plan
>Ob Nixilis being fred
Not according to plan
>The eldrazi being destroyed by the aforementioned group
According to plan
>Emrakul being mooned
Not according to plan
>Tezzeret losing Kaladesh
Not according to plan
>faggots in the front yard
Not according to plan

And with that in mind, I'd hazard a guess Bolas' Society of Evil will take from the shit he hadn't planned for and be composed of Sorin/Dovin, Tezzeret, Ob Nixilis, Ramaz and Garruk. It even ties into vengeance plots for every one of these walkers.
>>
>>52433462
I forgot Ramaz even existed, well done sir.
>>
>>52433367
>No longer will Bolas' influence keep the Gods in line and the area around the rivers safe from the undead curse.
And everyone dies.
Just like a PETA raid.
>>
>>52433462
Sorin's far too proud to work for Nicdaddy just to get revenge on the rock bitch. Chances are he'll show up again in 3-5 years to attack her when WoTC remembers he exists again
>>
>>52433492
>well done sir
Fuck you.
>>
>>52433462
>Ob Nixilis being fred
"At last, after all these years! I can finally take my rightful place... behind the wheel of the Mystery machine! C'mon gang, let's split up and look for Clue tokens!"

> And with that in mind, I'd hazard a guess Bolas' Society of Evil will take from the shit he hadn't planned for and be composed of Sorin/Dovin, Tezzeret, Ob Nixilis, Ramaz and Garruk. It even ties into vengeance plots for every one of these walkers.

I still think that Bolas's gang and the inevitable Anti-Gatewatch will be two separate entities, if only because any team that includes Bolas places him high above everyone else, and I can't see Nixilis and Garruk letting that happen.
>>
>>52433543

Well, if Bolas still has the possession of Night's Reach, there is nearly nothing both garruk and Ob can do against him
>>
>>52433462
>Dovin Baan
>Evil
>Caring about anything but Kaladesh
He would probably recognize Bolas intelligence and scheming prowess but it stop there

>Sorin
>Joining Bolas

You forgot Nahiri. In her state, she will be easily manipulated by Bolas.
>>
>>52433566
>Caring about anything but Kaladesh
Couldn't Bolas just hold Kaladesh hostage, in a way, given that he's a huge elder dragon and shitty whale-harpoons can't bring him down?
>>
WUZ
>>
>>52433588
>Couldn't Bolas just hold Kaladesh hostage
That's a good(evil?) idea
>>
>>52433507
>Sorin's far too proud to work for Nicdaddy just to get revenge on the rock bitch
Sorin would go ballistic the second he learns Ugin knew how to destroy the eldrazi and that it had alwas been within his own power to anihilate all three titans together. Rock whore's temper tantrum is a mere consequence of the phantom lizard's betrayal.
>Sorin vs Ugin
>Tezzeret vs Jace
>Ob Nixilis vs Liliana (for the Veil)
>Ramaz vs Chandra
>Vraska vs Gideon
>Bolas vs Ajani
The only Gatewatch member who doesn't have a nemesis yet is Nissa.
>>
>>52430075
Gideon no longer needs to fight for some ginger puss with a lesbian elf. He can just devote his love to Jackal God. All hail jackal God.

P.S. Why is Liliana thousands of years old but flirts with a teenage boy and talks like a 15-16 year old NEET girl?
>>
>>52433588
>>52433629
Actually, couldn't that have been Bolas's keikaku with Kaladesh? Gain control of Kaladesh using Tezzeret like he has control of Amonkhet and get a second world to pump out planeswalkers for him, as well as tech.
>>
>>52433566
>You forgot Nahiri. In her state, she will be easily manipulated by Bolas.
>Nahiri is stupid and deranged.
>Ob is a military genius and genre savvy
>Ob and Nahiri are mortal enemies
>Ob wants something a Gatewatch member has.
>Nahiri's arc is pretty much over
If you want tits in the evilwatch, Vraska makes more sense. She has an axe to grind on Gideon's invulnerable neck. Nahiri at this point is worse than the fucking Joker.
>>
>>52433712
Because Liliana is every SJWs self insert.
>>
>>52433712
>talks like a 15-16 year old NEET girl
Who do you think writes this shit.
Actually the people writing are in their late 20's but they obviously stopped their intellectual and emotional development in highschool.
>>
>>52433742
>Nahiri at this point is worse than the fucking Joker.
She's not that mad.
>>
>>52432680
>mfw that is actually a cool crew to hang out with
>>
>>52433712
>P.S. Why is Liliana thousands of years old but flirts with a teenage boy and talks like a 15-16 year old NEET girl?
Because she's Black mana aligned, and therefore everything her eyes see is her sex toys, morality and ethics be damned.
>>
>>52433865
Wrong.
>>
>>52433851
She brought the eldrazi to a plane just because Sorin's Vampires lived there.

Seems pretty cray.
>>
>>52433863
Yes but only if you use their flavortext personalities in the case of Chandra and Jace
>>
>>52433566
>>52433742
Nahiri and Sorin have nothing to do with the Gatewatch from here. If anything, they would be entirely thankful to the Gatewatch for saving their most beloved planes.
Instead, they will both be blindingly, unendingly furious at Ugin for his eons-spanning manipulation that nearly cost them the same. If they possibly "join" Bolas, it will only be for the chance to tear Ugin to bits.

I imagine it's going to be an arc of Sorin, Ugin, and Nahiri participating in their own planar war against each other and have nothing to do with Bolas at all. The Gatewatch might be involved to try and protect the innocents of the planes as all three are arrogant and callous individuals with huge capacity for violence.
>>
>>52430377
Looks like we're getting some sort of broodmate wurm, the one looks like a token from the one above it.
Might be a straight reprint of Armada Wurm. Might be a sorcery that makes a couple tokens. Might be a bigger Armada Wurm
>>
>>52430283
>Gatewatch bows to the Bogdanoffs
>>
>>52433944
>I imagine it's going to be an arc of Sorin, Ugin, and Nahiri participating in their own planar war against each other and have nothing to do with Bolas at all. The Gatewatch might be involved to try and protect the innocents of the planes as all three are arrogant and callous individuals with huge capacity for violence.
Sorry, that would be too cool and interesting. Ancient beings waging vast interplanar wars is SOOO 90s. Now it's the same five goddamn people jumping from one Plane of Hats to another while engaging in millennial banter that attempts to be witty.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 773x1083px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 773x1083px
Hey dudes, any cool decks with these:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=414319

And pic related?
>>
File: jaceisafuckingfaggot.jpg (267KB, 669x932px) Image search: [Google]
jaceisafuckingfaggot.jpg
267KB, 669x932px
>>52433937
>Jace's flavortext peronality
>cool
Excuse me?
>>
>>52434067
I didn't say it was cool, I was implying it is better than the stories one
>>
>>52433462

>Garruk becoming Jason
>Not according to plan

I hope this is the one that fucks everything up

Like, hour of devastation's climax is Garruk planeswalking just into the jacetice league and bolas fighting and punching everyone in the face just to murder a bitch
>>
>>52434067

Flavor text Jace;
"Yeah, I'm a photosynthetic genius. What of it, you miserable little failure?"

Story Jace:
"I'm hot, I'm tired, and I have not had enough coffee for this. Can we just go back to Ravnica and have some scones"
>>
>>52434067
>*hoody tipping intensifies*
>>
>>52434067
It might be a little tryhard but it does have the cadence of a confident and cool-headed wizard with a lot of swagger.
I understand people think "edgy" means "bad" but really edge is just an aesthetic that is only as ugly as you want to consider it.
>>
>>52434101
Story Jace is literally "I hate this plane, I wish I was back on Ravnica drinking coffee and fucking Ral's boipussi right now" Flavor Jace is "hahaha, you've played right into my trap, you underevolved ape *hood tipping*"
>>
>>52434067
That Counterspell flavor text is the most smug, fedora tipping text in all of Magic.
>>
>>52434123
Story Jace is a qt
>>
>>52434160
>>52434123
What's Jace's endgame/motivation anyway? Wasting time in Ravnica 24/7?
>>
>>52434195
To collect those sweet Planeswalker neetbux once Liliana re-achieves old walker status and makes him a sex slave.
>>
>>52434195
Solving puzzles & wanting to bone Liliana. Being the Living Guildpact is a job, too.

As far as motivations go, I don't even know what Gideon wants. Gideon seems like he needs a righteous cause to justify his own existence, and pretty much just sleeps on the couch when there's no battle to be waged.
>>
>>52434268
Gideon is basically Bernie desu
>>
>>52434219
I could think of worse fates.
>>
>>52433462
I would honestly say he would, indeed, have planned for Tezzeret's incompetence at Kaladesh.
After all, when has that fuck ever done what he set out to do?
>>
>>52434195
Well right now its pretty much "I have the ability to make the multiverse a better place, might as well try."

Long-term, specific goals are pretty much get Bolas/Tezzeret out of his hair, and I think he still hasn't recovered from Alhammeret wiping his mind of Vyrn so the "I wanna find out who I am" thread is still hanging, even though we know the conclusion. Unsure if that's gonna be dealt with.

Other than that, yeah, he's pretty much just following around the Gatewatch trying to solve whatever issue is currently in his face.
>>
>>52434268
Gideon wants to redeem himself for what he sees as his utter failure in getting all his friends killed. We saw snippets of it in that Emrakul story, but he really does still blame himself, and that failure is what drove him to try and protect others.
He also, of course, wants to bone Chandra and maybe hatefuck Liliana? It's not entirely clear.
>>
>>52434067
Back when all the snarky blue flavor text was attributed to Ertai it was nice because he was actually a cocky twat and the people around him treated him as such.

In the end I think he joined the Phyrexians and got fucked over by that.
>>
>>52434358
>maybe hatefuck Liliana? It's not entirely clear.
Pretty sure there is zero romantic intent from Gideon to Liliana. To him she's at best a useful, if incredibly dangerous tool and at worse a potential threat to the Gatewatch's goal. Anythig beyond that is fans pushing wishful thinking onto canon.
>>
>>52434365
To be fair, he didn't have much of a choice.
>>
>>52434358
Is it bad that I unironically want to see a Jund three-way between Lili, Chandra and Nissa? It titillates me on all possible levels.
>>
>>52434432
>Jund lesbian threeway
>Hot girl on girl action with all the fury of ravenous, bloodthirsty beasts
>>
>>52434432
Kill yourself, DEGENERATE.
>>
>>52434365
Ertai felt more like a real person in that he knew when to shut up in spite of being a twat. Around the time Greven goes "What the fuck did you say to me you little bitch, I'll have you know I graduated top of my class at the Stronghold and have over 300 subordinates thrown overboard..." Ertai wisely cooled it a bit.
>>
How do you go from snarky badass Jaya to emotional lesbian Chandra and still sell product?
>>
>>52434481
You understand my fantasies all too well.

>>52434484
Degeneracy is in the nature of Jund.
>>
>>52431280

Gideon's perspective remains my favorite, but he is the best of them anyway.

I do have to wonder if most of the writers remember he actually DOES have magic besides his battle aura, though, because it's been like three blocks and he hasn't busted out the binding powers of heiromancy once.

Unless that's something he can't do anymore because he's still traumatized from when he ignited and hasn't come to terms with that or something, in which case that's acceptable, but it'd open up a lot of design space for the guy if they remembered he is still a magic-user for purposes beyond self-buff.
>>
File: rollins4.png (103KB, 257x246px) Image search: [Google]
rollins4.png
103KB, 257x246px
>>52434538
>Greven unloading on Ertai with copypasta
>>
File: lesnar2.jpg (57KB, 530x574px) Image search: [Google]
lesnar2.jpg
57KB, 530x574px
>>52434554
See >>52434432
>>
>>52434582
>I do have to wonder if most of the writers remember he actually DOES have magic besides his battle aura, though, because it's been like three blocks and he hasn't busted out the binding powers of heiromancy once.
He is called Hieromancer in the last chapter though.
>>
>>52434268
Emrakul showed us that Gideon himself don't know what he want. The guy is basically out saving people 24/24 because otherwise the guilt for what he did in Teros is going to destroy him. For someone that is supposedly Invulnerable he is the most frail of the Gatewatch.
>>
>>52434582
I like Gideon being what amounts to Male Human Fighter. When everyone else is throwing magic around there's beauty to there being one guy whose job is to Hit Thingz Gud.
>>
>>52434582
I've wondered that also.

He's been stuck on body shield, and sural enhancement.

Where the fuck is my death and taxes planeswalker
>>
>>52434634

I still think my favorite thing he's done as a Gatewatch member was to throw himself while invulnerable into the Gearhulk's gears to break it.
>>
>>52434634
>>52434644

I kind of like the idea of Gideon sticking to the fighty role because he's buds with four noodle-people that can't wear armor, but can bust out some much more impressive magic when the situation demands it.

Most of the time, though, whipsword and god-mode cheats are what the team needs.
>>
>>52434668

...seriously? That is kinda fucking amazing.
>>
>>52434692
You should read the stories, they have their good parts
>>
>>52434701
Link me.
>>
>>52434718
To what? The stories are on the mothership.
>>
>>52434731
Then link me to the exact story you fucking faggot. Jesus Christ, you're a drooling mouth breather aren't you? Fucking loser.
>>
>>52434766
I don't remember which one
And I'm not >>52434668
>>
>>52434766
>Spoonfeed me
>And while you're at it, I'm going to call you an idiot.
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>52434796
You should probably kill yourself, dumbass.
>>
>>52434701

Will do. Thanks.
>>
>>52434731
Link the exact story, lad. I'm interested as well.
>>
>>52434834
This one
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/burn-2017-01-04
Around the second half of the page
>>
>>52434067
>>52434365
This, swap Jace for Bo Levar, Ertai or Teferi with their trademark shit eating grins and suddently counterspells are fun.
>>
>>52434319
>Unsure if that's gonna be dealt with.
They drafted up enough Vryn art in Origins that we're definitely headed there at some point. Those mage rings are too tempting to ignore.
>>
>>52435281
Yeah, they actually seemed mildly interesting, unlike most of their new settings.
>>
>>52433712
>Liliana thousands of years old
She's not that old, only close to 200 years old. She was around 150 when the Mending happened.
>>
>>52434538
>>52434592
Greven is still my favorite villain in Magic history next to Gix. Still hoping for a Time Spiral like reimagination of him. He's the perfect pre-final boss. Also being a fucking human with a 7/5 statline is incredibly impressive.
>>
File: 1490373875963.jpg (183KB, 620x551px) Image search: [Google]
1490373875963.jpg
183KB, 620x551px
>>52435820
My nigga. Not sure exactly where I rank Greven, but he'd probably end up in my top 5. I just want cool characters doing cool shit again. I offer you this Gix in solidarity.
>>
This was a quite okay story.
If anything it got me wanting more lore for the plane itself.

I find the Gatewatch stuff very hit and miss but something I really dislike about it is that it has replaced "Planeswalkers Guide to...".
I NEED MY LOREFIX, DAMMIT!
>>
>>52435674
She was nearly 300 when she got the veil unless that too was retconned like everything else good.
Theros was the peak of modern magic storytelling imeddiately followed by retcon shit and WotC trying to wear Marvel's dumb hat.
We shoul have seen it coming.
>>
>>52435987
Thanks fellow Gix bro.
They will have to give him a card eventually. He was never confirmed killed, got sucked into a Portal.
Only a matter of years, I had high hopes with New Phyrexia but now I want to see him rape the pretender Praetors and lead real Monoblack Phyrexia to victory over the Multiverse.

Gix Walker fucking when? He's got some wicked edgy quotes as well.
>Grief is as useless as love
>>
>>52436211
A bunch of Yawgmoth's Inner Circle remains AWOL, it's actually weird they never got killed in the story. Sadly, I don't think we can get a Phyrexian 'walker.
>>
File: 143.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
143.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>52436211
Doubles confirm, Gix is the best. This is a Gix thread now. He has the best, most edgy quotes.

>"They are bred to suffer and born to die. Much like humans."
—Gix, Yawgmoth praetor

>"All bonds are parasitic. Only rulership is pure."
—Gix, Yawgmoth praetor

>"All bonds are parasitic. Only rulership is pure."
—Gix, Yawgmoth praetor

>Gix despised the sylvan morass. The gouge that the portal had torn in the forest was the only pleasing sight.

>"Do not presume to speak for yourself."
—Gix, to Xantcha

>"We decide who is worthy of our works."
—Gix, Yawgmoth praetor
>>
>HOLY FIERY RIVERS OF REGATHA WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT THING AND DID IT JUST EAT LILIANA NO WAY WHAT THE HELL DIE IN A PILLAR OF FLAME YOU BIG FAT STUPID WAIT DID NISSA JUST SAY THERE WERE MORE COMING OH GEEZ YUP THERE THEY ARE GET OUT OF THE WAY I'LL ROAST YOU ALL GIVE BACK LILIANA YOU STUPID SONS OF INBRED BANDARS—

How long has it been this bad?
>>
>>52436331
Chandra is always going to have ADD it's just something you have to accept alongside Liliana calling Gideon "Beefslab".
>>
>>52436338
Of course I accept it, what's the alternative? I'm asking how long the writing has been such garbage.
>>
>>52436369
Ever since the (((Gatewatch))) became a thing, The Brother's War is a timeless masterpiece of literature compared to the current stories.
>>
>>52436331
For quite some time now. Kaladesh was ruined as a story because Chandra was the center of the story. SOI Part 1 was acceptable because there was absolutely no mention of her whatsoever, and she was specifically the worst part of BFZ/OGW.

Whoever heard of a pyromancer who keeps running out of gas? Her one role in the story is to be a terrible version of her class. If she was competent at incinerating things, maybe I'd tolerate her ADD but at this point she's about as bad as Emiya fucking Shirou, and he's the only character on my list of "Most Hated Anime Characters". She's like Korra, all talk and no victory except the undeserved ones.

Even Shinji gets in the damn robot and saves the day.
>>
Gideon has the why didn't I die instead of/ with my friends guilt problem. He wants to die for something
>>
>>52436695
Which sucks because even though he's also a simple cardboard cutout, I can at least understand his reasoning and motivations. And he is likeable. Can't say that about the rest of the Gatewatch.
>>
>>52436753
He and Lili are alright, Jace is fun when he's descending into madness and Nissa is much better when she's trying to read leylines and not being a simpering little bitch with no social skills.

Chandra is the worst though, we REALLY need a better redwalker or at least a better characterization of her.
>>
>>52436802
>Jace is fun when he's descending into madness
Jace is honestly funny so long as you realize that he's actually pretty self-aware. When he encountered a mental duplicate that he made of himself, he cringed and swore to never interact with any other humans so they wouldn't have to put up with him. He's often bitterly sarcastic about his own capabilities, and I've gotten the impression that he's rolling his eyes internally whenever he has to do the "mysterious and powerful mind mage" shtick to impress some yokels.

He's an amusing combination of the straight man and the comic relief.
>>
>>52436928
>>52436802
Jace s honestly a good character when he's doing the "fuck fuck fuck, I can't into combat, why are these violent zombies/werewolves/consulate enforcers coming after me" and when he's being self-aware. He's only awful in flavor text, really.
>>
File: 1428071159265.gif (1MB, 253x236px) Image search: [Google]
1428071159265.gif
1MB, 253x236px
>tfw you're the only one who likes Chandra
>>
>>52436802
Liliana's character seems to be "I'm the biggest cunt in the multiverse."

I'm so tired of this Avenger's tier paper thin characterization where every character just dispenses quips and never has a vulnerable moment. I see it everywhere and I long for the days when characters would let moments hang and not compete to fill the air with sarcastic and "witty" retorts.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>52436326
>tfw still haven't been pointed to Phyrexia
>>
>>52437057
>I'm so tired of this Avenger's tier paper thin characterization where every character just dispenses quips and never has a vulnerable moment.
Vulnerable in what sense? There were tons of emotionally vulnerable moments during Kaladesh.
>>
>>52437057
See Liliana resonates with me because she seems vaguely aware that she's a cunt, but she knows she's being a cunt because it furthers her own agenda and justifies it as a result. I like that trait.

Also she's a narcissistic little bitch so she's basically my spirit animal at this point.

I'm a straight male in case you were about to tell me to fuck off back to tumblr/cgl.
>>
>>52437117
Vulnerable in the sense where they just fucking talk frankly with each other. Where they're open about how they feel and aren't on guard against some looming one liner or pun. I'll admit that I'm not up to speed with MtG lore and I might be completely off base here, but I see this shit in everything and I'm just sort of venting.
>>
>>52437117
I think he means the emotional moments aren't given the appropriate weight.
>>
>>52437149
>Vulnerable in the sense where they just fucking talk frankly with each other. Where they're open about how they feel and aren't on guard against some looming one liner or pun.
So... why are you complaining when those things are in the stories...? I'm a little confused. When you say you're not "up to speed" how far behind are you?
>>
>>52437180
I am so far behind that I have absolutely no business posting here about the lore, basically.
>>
>>52437187
Well okay then.

I'll just say that you might be pleasantly surprised by the content of the Kaladesh story but still be frustrated with the inconsistent and occasionally subpar technical abilities of a couple of the writers.
>>
File: stf54_The_Maelstrom.jpg (69KB, 620x433px) Image search: [Google]
stf54_The_Maelstrom.jpg
69KB, 620x433px
>>52430075
>gods of amokhet are pure mana
>gods feed upon faith, much like theros
>bolas is planning on consuming them
>it's the fucking Maelstrom over again
>ajani will appear out of nowhere with allies
>ajani will stop bolas while the jacetice league lays defeated
>today's story is a premonition: fuckers almost ded, god (ajani) saves them

SS THIS
>>
>>52430075

>Get your ass kicked by a bunch of zombies and sand worms
>Nearly die
>Only saved thanks to the intervention of literal gods that you didn't even know existed
>Your first thought isn't "We are way in over our heads, we fucked up bad." and planeswalking away

I mean, I realize we wouldn't get an Amonkhet block if that's what they did, but it's sure as fuck stupid that they are sticking around instead of finding Ajani so they can apologize for being such fuck ups and not listening to him.

Also, Jackel Goddess is definitely Red, maybe Boros?
>>
>>52437394
Of course she's red, she has Haste
>>
>>52437490
I thought I saw an article that gave the gods' colors while they were reviewing the new playmats (with the gods on 'em).
Snake god was Green
Jakal was Black
Ibis was Blue
Cat was white
Croc was Red

Looking for the site now
>>
>>52437394
I feel like the gods would be monocolor since they already played out multicolor gods in theros
>>
>>52437706
The cat and the croc are on the Vindicate art tho
also I feel like the gods are wedges
>>
>>52430075
When did Gideon get armor that doesn't look like shit?
>>
>>52437748

They'll be Shards first if anything, given it's been 8 years since Alara and only 2 since Tarkir.

But I'm gonna guess Enemy pairs first, given we just got the Enemy fastlands.
>>
>>52437794

He realized that maybe he shouldn't look too much like an interdimensional traveler in the lair of the dragon.
>>
File: IMG_1492.jpg (131KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1492.jpg
131KB, 850x500px
>>52437706
Shit, can't find it now, but the predominant colors in their garments+art for jackal and croc are black and red, respectively.
>>
File: IMG_1493.jpg (95KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1493.jpg
95KB, 850x500px
>>52437845
>>52437706
And here's croc
>>
>>52437706

The Jackal is on the Invocation Aggravated Assault, she's gotta be red.
>>
File: IMG_1494.png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1494.png
193KB, 265x370px
>>52437860
Plus Amonket's dragons look like flying Crocs
>>
>>52437023
to be honest I'd like chandra... if she were actually a teen instead of just acting like one. Which i think is the core issue most people have.
>>
File: IMG_1495.png (183KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1495.png
183KB, 265x370px
>>52437928
Actually, having seen all of the invocation arts, I concede the point, Croc is in the art for maelstrom pulse and vindicate
>>
>>52437945
>Hazoret
???
>>
>>52438050

Plus Crocs are primarily Black and Green. Then again so as snakes, so yeah.
>>
>>52438113
I thought Snakes were mostly Simic?
>>
File: Aggravated Assault.png (202KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Aggravated Assault.png
202KB, 265x370px
>>52437860
>>52437845

Croc is black and Jackal is red. The invocations make it pretty clear.
>>
>>52433929
She broyght them specifically to fuck up Sorin
>>
>>52437961
she's in her early twenties isn't she? her behavior isn't too unrealistic for that age.
>>
>>52438228

Green is the primary color, black second, but most of the multicolor snakes are in fact Simic, so kinda weird.
>>
>A massive arrow, blazing with burning white light, pierced the wurm that loomed over Liliana's unconscious form. I watched, stunned, as the wurm withered away, its body turned to ash. The arrow vanished, as though a sunbeam glancing off the reflective sands, as the remnants of the wurm blew away in the wind.

DOG IS BOROS
>>
>>52438313
Shame we don't have a Sultai tribal legendary for snakes.
>>
>>52438327
Or just white, but not mono-red.
>>
>>52438421
Cat shot the arrow
>>
>>52436398
damn, it's that bad huh

fuck this NU-fantasy aesthetic they're going with it's so fucking trash. At least old magic had that high fantasy environment that you could indulge in. goddamnit
>>
>>52436670
Kaladesh war ruined as a story because it was "peaceful conflict resolution as told by ISIS".
>>
>>52438525
this is obvious
How could anyone get the gods alignment wrong?
Just look at the new cards.
>>
File: 1456270856265.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
1456270856265.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>52438849
godammit.
>>
>>52436802
In the webcomic and The Purifying Flame she was "Brave, cunning youngster that gets really mad at trickery".
She was a bit like Garruk in a way. In that both were perfectly agreeable people when not faced with social deception. Now they're both >reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>52436017
Underrated post, Planeswalker's Guides were the hype.
>>
>>52439174
What, you didn't like Ghirapur, City of Gears?
>>
>>52439216
no
>>
File: paintraintwo.jpg (94KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
paintraintwo.jpg
94KB, 1024x768px
>>52439216
Eh. The only thing that I was really sold on from Kaladesh was Vehicles. Because you can't tell me to not die historic on the Fury Road, goddammit.

Pain Trains 4 Life.
>>
>>52438054
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Hazoret is probably the crocodile god, considering that's a flying croco on that card.
>>
>>52439251
>Still no post-apocalyptic plane where vehicles are rampant and fuck shit up like nobody's business
from the thumbnail I thought it was on a sand dune
>>
>>52439351
Kaladesh II: Rise of the Servos
>>
>>52439351
>spoiler
Wait...it's not? Fuck, I thought the whole joke was that it jumped a track somewhere on the border of Ghirapur and rampaged into the city.
>>
>>52431348
Bolas never did anything wrong.
>>
>>52439371
it's on some stairs and is indeed rampaging
>>
>>52433636
You're way off
Tezzeret and Liliana hate each other far more
Meanwhile Ob hates the shit out of Nissa for outsmarting him that one time on Zendikar
Vraska is probably still after Jace specifically.
>>
>>52437394
Wasn't that Jace's first thought, though? That they need to retreat, planeswalk away, come up with a new strategy?

Chandra not thinking of it is understandable, she wouldn't. Liliana was busy being passed out, Nissa has no clue what she's doing, just leaves Gideon.
>>
>>52434432
>Jund threeway
>not Naya

shit taste senpai
>>
>>52439616
To each their own. I don't like seeing dudes in my porn.
>>
>>52439659
Fine. Golgari then.
>>
>>52439784
Lili dom and Nissa sub... I can fuck with that.
>>
>>52439798
The joke is Chandra Firebrand.
>>
>>52439857
If you say so. I'd honestly like to see her fuck everybody in the central five of the Gatewatch besides Jace. Because a.) he's a fuckboy and b.) he deserves no sweet, sweet firecrotch. Or any pussy for that matter.
>>
>>52439902
I want her to fuck Koth
He's the only man hotter than she is.
>>
File: Liliana.jpg (90KB, 686x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Liliana.jpg
90KB, 686x1000px
Speaking of, there's a severe lack of good mtg R34 and it's a real shame.
>>
File: 1453758762096.jpg (99KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1453758762096.jpg
99KB, 426x341px
>>52440000
source?
>>
>>52439954
I approve. Make it happen, Wizards! Just have Chandra sleep around with errbody!

>>52440000
Seconded. Also, your fucking numbers, mayne.
>>
>>52440023
Sorry friend, I just found it in a different thread a few weeks back.
>>52440027
OH SHIT! QUADS IN THE NAME OF MTG RULE 34!
>>
>>52440023
https://twitter.com/wakasanoshito/status/757952324073508864
>>
File: CZQb_kzUYAAXNA9.jpg (100KB, 600x845px) Image search: [Google]
CZQb_kzUYAAXNA9.jpg
100KB, 600x845px
>>52440133
Yeah I was just looking his account. Has some great mtg anime fanart.
>>
File: C2w9caGUkAErntJ.jpg (145KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C2w9caGUkAErntJ.jpg
145KB, 675x1200px
>>52440265
>>
File: Cfc5iL-UUAEAfSJ.jpg (69KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
Cfc5iL-UUAEAfSJ.jpg
69KB, 600x590px
>>52440287
>>
>>52430075
Probably one of the best MTG story articles of its tone I've ever read.
Cartoony, lighter tone overall. Simple, fun. Downright funny in parts, got me to laugh.
Minimal on the SJW pandering so it got to just be a decent romp.

>>52437023
Chandra is fun to read if people only just let themselves go along for the ride.

>>52440000
>>52440071
Congrats, may the porn harvest this year be bountiful.

Liliana gets some good shit, especially to do with Jace. Guessing how he thinks etc and being tsundere as fuck to her boytoy is amusing and cute.
>>
>>52440375
>Chandra is fun to read if people only just let themselves go along for the ride.

I feel like you could say that about the Gatewatch as a whole. If you manage to insert yourself into one of them and ride along the journey. Its written that way.

If you can't, though, they're kinda flat kinda annoying characters who steal the spotlight from the natives of whatever plane we're on, and we're stuck with them indefinitely if we want to follow Magic's story.
>>
>>52439902
Jace is for Lili only.
>>
>>52440712
Lies. Nobody remembers Agents of Artifice.
>>
>>52440726
I remember.
>“I guess,” he said, taking both her hands in his, “this is where we say good night.”
>Liliana kissed him once and then turned them about, so that it was she who stood in the doorway, he in the hall.
>“This,” she said with a smile, “is where we say good morning.”
>Jace followed her inside and shut the door.

Also because Bolas fucking ruins Jace in a mind duel.
>Jace’s mind quailed before the greatest power he had ever felt. The innermost depths of Alhammarret’s psyche, the very core of the wizard’s being, had been nothing, a gentle springtime gust to the roaring hurricane that was this single tendril of the dragon’s mind.
>His breathing came in short and ragged gasps, the frigid air burning his lungs. His stomach knotted, his fists clenched inside their gloves. He felt a capillary burst in his left eye, heard something pop deep in his sinuses. He felt a liquid warmth running from his nose, a warmth that didn’t last long before it, too, began to freeze.
>Still the pressure grew, the mind-tendril shifting in his grasp, and Jace knew, without knowing how he knew, that the dragon had not yet begun to try.
>>
>>52439418
Tezzeret is beholden to Bolas right now specifically because Jace fucked him up so hard nobody else could have put him back together.
Ob already punished Nissa, as well and fucked up Gideon and Jace. If anything he's yet to pay Chandra back from stopping his fun.
Vraska is after both Jace and Gideon, and anyone who stands in the way of her job, whatever it may be. She's half Agent 47 half Dick Dastardly.
>>
>>52440832
If Bolas wasn't red, he would be invincible.
>>
>>52430075
>actually having lore threads post-Lorwyn

Do people actually give a shit about these sub-capeshit-quality nuwalkers? Does anyone legitimately like the Manateers?
>>
>>52441586
Alara may have featured neowalkers but they were all tied to the actual plane and had personal stakes in the confliict. Come Zendikar Chandra and Jace and Sarkhan are all dicking around just because and BAM the post 2010 story is codified.

Scars block was great broad strokes though. Great worldbuilding, engaging three-act global story, planeswalkers invested in the conflict, the last great Magic story.
>>
>>52430962

Problem is, that reasoning banks on the idea that the 5 of them would be as strong as bolas, in his home turf, with several allies, including Tezzeret. Which they aren't.

They can barely survive the sand worms in the desert that can be one-shot by the plane's god arrow shot. Which is DUMB!

They don't need to plan, just go through each one of their planes, quick trips, get whatever planeswalkers they can gather quickly in Ravnica, Innistrad, Kaladesh, Theros and Zendikar and THEN go for the direct approach.
>>
>>52441494
>Ob already punished Nissa, as well and fucked up Gideon and Jace. If anything he's yet to pay Chandra back from stopping his fun.
Ob's purest black, he's practical when on the clock but freely indulges in spite and irony when it feels good to do so.
>>
>>52433462
>>52434314

Tezzeret implies that even with the planar bridge broken, Bolas plan is still game, so it's less like "Not according to plan", and more like "Expected setback accounted for in the bigger plan."
>>
>>52433462
>>Garruk becoming Jason
>>Jace becoming the Guildpact
>Not according to plan
Does Bolas even keep interests in Ravnica at this point? Would he give a shit about the Guildpact or Garruk at all?
>>
>>52441735
Even Tezzeret himself knows that Bolas's plans account for him fucking everything up.
>>
>>52441553
I do have to admit, I did like the one bit in today's story that summed up Bolas being all three of his colors.
>Yet Bolas wasn't one for wasteful, narcissistic grand gestures. No, his gestures always served hidden purposes several layers deep AND were excessively narcissistic and grandiose.
>>
>>52441796
I assume he meant 'not something Bolas specifically planned for' rather than 'specifically counter to one of Bolas's plans' with those two.
>>
>>52441796
I don't think he cares about Ravnica or Garruk at all. But don't see him being happy with Jace, someone he thinks worthy of his magic hobo puppet posse, having gone from easily manipulable rogue to wannabe hero. Or that he's particularity thrilled about a violent asshole who happens to be way stronger than any of his agents randomply popping walkers without care for allegiance, for the lulz.

Bolas = The Hunter. His plans = Qurupeco. Garruk = Fucking Deviljho.
>>
>>52432170
Thromok
>>
>>52441953
>Hellion
>>
File: unwaveringinitiate.jpg (50KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
unwaveringinitiate.jpg
50KB, 265x370px
>>
>>52442264
>cutting off your hand to replace it with a spike so you can better please the god-pharaoh dragon when you murder your foes in ritualized combat
I like the flavor here. The mummy from the token for the other embalm card also had it's right hand gone - Is this just how hardcore these Bolas devotee's are?
>>
>>52442379
He got caught stealing on his way to the arena.
>>
http://imgur.com/a/rip5M

L O R E
>>
So where's the old man Gideon greentext for this?
>>
>>52443197
Based on what we've seen so far this all seems legit, but why the fuck is it written in such a jarring style?
>>
File: NCPEPEhat.png (94KB, 467x438px) Image search: [Google]
NCPEPEhat.png
94KB, 467x438px
>>52443197
Nice, Senpai thanks for the lore dump, looks like they are going full WE WAZ KANGZ, fucking A of course a white women would make an Egyptian world about black people.
>>
>>52443197
Well there's a picture of a snake man and if we get any Snake Tribal for my EDH deck I'll be happy. Setting sounds kinda cool for the first time in a while.
>>
>>52443331
well, since they are slaves of a god-dragon, they are not kangz
>>
>>52443197
>people train their whole life in an oasis with a magic barrier (probably set up by Bolas) for physical and magical perfection
>master race endures Space Marine trials to gain ultimate honours
>city is protected, citizens are happy
>Bolas is a benevolent God-Pharaoh
>the other gods created by him are also benevolent
>tfw the Gatewatch are going to fuck it all up

Or, and this is just going to be a stab in the dark, Bolas created the "gods" of the plane, and is using the Five Trials as a means of discovering people who have the Spark, to try and either activate it, or study it in pursuit of understanding more so he can make his a full Oldwalker one again.
>>
File: what.jpg (35KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
35KB, 362x346px
>>52443331
>going full WE WAZ KANGZ
>only one black person pictured
>rest are lighter skin or animals
>>
>>52443580
These aren't mutually exclusive. When Hazoret smites the "worthy dead," if they have the spark, it'll ignite to avoid them dying.
>>
>>52443643
Personally I'd like it the most if they were all animals. It'd feel even more manufactured.
>>
File: EN_Chandra_3_Gallery.jpg (172KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
EN_Chandra_3_Gallery.jpg
172KB, 1200x675px
>>52443197
That's a nice functional society you've got there.
>>
File: zgYAIRfPVG_icon.jpg (265KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
zgYAIRfPVG_icon.jpg
265KB, 768x432px
>>52445243
It would be a shame if someone were to...
>>
File: card4rt_nrnx79twrl.jpg (78KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
card4rt_nrnx79twrl.jpg
78KB, 750x422px
>>52445251
Liberate it.
>>
File: we saved the city.jpg (35KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
we saved the city.jpg
35KB, 500x324px
>>52445255
calling it now
>>
>>52443197
>Gideon pass all 5 trials
>Is deemed worthy
>His powers and strengths are absorbed
>Bolas raises again
>Nicol Bolas is white and indestructible until forever
>4 color Planeswalker card with 0: becomes an indestructible creature blablabla
>Gideon is dead
Shit, he was the best of them
>White Bolas make short work of the remaining Jacetice League members
Please.
>>
File: 1490415158408.jpg (65KB, 700x883px) Image search: [Google]
1490415158408.jpg
65KB, 700x883px
>>52433312
> post yfw the Gatewatch defeat Bolas and the gods and start being worshipped as the new gods of Amonkhet and have big fucking statues of them put up
>>
>>52443662
Yeah, if I had to guess, the trials are designed to force sparking; if even being personally killed by a god doesn't cause you to spark, and you haven't already sparked, then you're not of any real use to bolas. He's probably got something set up in the trial grounds to divert walking to a place of his choice.
>>
>>52445567
Oh shit...

They're going to do an Evil Power Rangers thing where Bolas has collected a team of dark opposites aren't they? Oh no.
>>
>>52437706
>>52437724
>>52437748
>>52437798
>>52437845
>>52437860
>>52438327

Colors have been revealed thanks to basic lands art and invocatios (>>52438050 >>52438248
)
They are all mono
Cat is white
Bird is Blue
Crock is Black
Jackal is Red
Cobra is Green
>>
File: 1487814744557.png (496KB, 1900x1550px) Image search: [Google]
1487814744557.png
496KB, 1900x1550px
>>52440265
My croc craves for some greener pastures.
>>
>>52445850
Why not just link to silly Izzet man?
>>
>>52438248
>>52445850
Their colors were obvious from the first day they were spoiled.
>>
>>52432531
Desert twister is green doe
>>
>>52436338
>Liliana calling Gideon "Beefslab".

well why can't we run with this

GIDEON ROCKGROIN
GIDEON MCTHORNBODY
GIDEON BEEFSLAB

WE PUT OUR FAITH IN JACE HARDCHEESE
>>
>>52446358
At least there was only a single mention of it and she monologues that she does it to irritate him. She referred to him as Gideon otherwise in the UR.

Still annoying.
>>
>>52445567
>He's probably got something set up in the trial grounds to divert walking to a place of his choice.
That's a terrifying thought. The first planeswalk is always free and sends you to a random plane. If he knows enough about the Spark to be able to control somebody's planeswalking ability, it doesn't bode well.

Although, Tezzeret was able to invent a device that allowed him to pull somebody back from the Blind Eternities if he was fast enough on the draw when they escaped. It's not entirely unprecedented.
>>
>>52437394
>Points one two and three
Isn't this the case for all planeswalkers?
Right like unless they've got a specific location in mind on a plane they've been to many times before, any walk can end in disaster?
>>
>>52443580
>master race endures Space Marine trials to gain ultimate honours
>city is protected, citizens are happy
>Bolas is a benevolent God-Pharaoh
>the other gods created by him are also benevolent
>tfw the Gatewatch are going to fuck it all up

If I had any guess, the gods might be actually truly benevolent. They're as worshipful of Bolas as the people are. They don't know that their dad travels the multiverse doing convoluted planning stuff.

They might be well and truly good gods, Gideon seemed to go on about how different they seemed from the Theros gods. Less capricious and self centered, these guys are involved and save people from the desert and whatnot. If you have to hungergame your way past them to get to meet their god they must be good people.
>>
>>52447151
I wouldn't take Gideon's word on this subject; didn't he only interact with the two of Theros' gods that are the most dickish?
>>
Bolas is collecting undead super soldiers for his imminent planar invasion.
>>
>>52443197
>ywn be slain by Hazoret
why live
>>52447324
they were all pretty huge dicks, fighting over the most petty shit
>>
I hope the native planeswalker of the set is a jackal. And maybe a female one at that
>>
>>52432160
>All wurms have their eyes on the bottom jaw
>this one has them on the top

Explain wizards.
>>
>>52447412
The gods of Theros also have a larger playground than the gods of Amonkhet who manage just one city.
>>
>>52447547
There are like, 15 Theros Gods and only 5 Amonkhet gods, yet the Amonkhet gods seem to be able to work together to get shit done in their single city
>>
>>52447539
It's a zombie whose head is upside-down
>>
>>52447605
>Greek gods vs Egyptian gods
>Plenty of greek gods, mostly assholes, don't like to work together
>A small amount of Egyptian gods, each specialized, work together to make the world turn round
Theros and Amonkhet gods are pretty close to their originals (as far as we know in the case of AKH gods)
>>
>>52447605
And I'm saying that if Amonkhet was more than just one city in the sands, the gods would not be as chummy as they are now.
If they are connected to human prayer than they're just being logical and protecting their resources.
>>
>>52447458
>implying the Amonkhet walker isn't the King of Games
>>
>>52443197
>This is hoorifying to the Gatewatch
Ok
>>
>>52447644
>>A small amount of Egyptian gods, each specialized, work together to make the world turn round
Dude Egyptian mythology is a fucking mess. They've got like 1,000 years of revisions going, and with each Pharaoh being tied to the pantheon politics got involved, and that's never good. Tutenkhamen's dad tried to make the religion monotheistic Ra/Sun worshippers, Set/Seth was good then he was evil then he was good, it's just all over the fucking place.
>>
>>52447681
>Amonkhet Walker has shitty looking hair
>It's Josuke
>>52447690
Ya gotta explain why the Gatewatch is attempting to tear it all down
>>
>>52447681
>Shout-outs to YGO in MtG
I didn't know I needed this
>inb4 Copyright problems
If they are smart, it's not a problem at all
>WOTC
>Smart
We're doomed.
>>
>>52433944
The Jacetice League: Trinity War
I dig it...Let's see the Gate watch stop three pissed ancient planes walkers from killing each other and the multi verse.
>>
>>52447874
>killing each other
I'm not too much worried about Sorin or Ugin dying
Only about what will happen to the planes while they try do outlive the other
>>
>>52447903
Whoever wins, we lose
>>
>>52448096
Everybody* lose
Even the Blind Eternities
>>
>>52430075
A city set done well, unlike Poo in the Loo land.
>>
>>52433312
Well the next set will be called Hour of Devastation. So I'm pretty sure their meddling will fuck shit up royaly.
>>
We should bomb social media with #NoMoreJaceticeLeague since WotC doesn't come here to get feedback.
>>
>>52450429
>city set
Please no, enough of this shit, why can't they make it like theros?
>>
>>52454714
What, completely ripping off three cities in actual greece, down to the fucking name?

Would it have seriously killed them to make it more complex than 1 Not!Athens, 1 Not!Sparta?

Maybe two or three of each?

Fuck I hate tiny planes.
>>
>>52455060
It also had the returned and non humans.
Better than kaladesh where it's ONE city and absolutely nothing happens outside of it.
>>
>>52455714
I'll agree with you there. Theros was nice in spite of itself. Kaladesh just plain sucked unwashed brown balls.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.