[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ Fifth Edition General: "We are the flame" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 447
Thread images: 44

File: darkest.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
darkest.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>New Unearthed Arcana: Trio of subclasses
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAThreeSubclasses.pdf

>Don't forget to take the official survery on Theurgy and War Magic
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/9d26907ef733

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/
>>52424500

What's your proudest moment of playing/DMing 5e?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12622026
http://www.strawpoll.me/12622028
http://www.strawpoll.me/12622029

Polls for each of the archetypes in the latest UA.
>>
What do people think of SKT and CoS?
>>
>>52429185
CoS is a superior campaign. It has this sandbox feel, but it's also really focused. SKT is a whole load of nothing.
>>
Why didn't they make Drunken master actually need to drink in order to be effective?
>>
>>52429377
Cause drunken master is about acting drunken, not being drunken.

Also, just dip barbarian and fluff rage as getting your drinks on
>>
File: 1490740949394.jpg (305KB, 1920x1353px) Image search: [Google]
1490740949394.jpg
305KB, 1920x1353px
How would I stat pic related?
>>
>>52429377
To avoid gimmicks
>>
>>52429217
>SKT is a whole load of nothing.
More elaboration needed.

Apparently the sandboxey feel of CoS means more overall work on the part of the DM, which some like and others don't.
>>
How do we save the warlock class?

Specifically, how do we save pact of the blade?
>>
>>52429411
We have over 9000 posts about it and continue to come up with solutions that nobody implements.
>>
>>52429377
A monk's immunity to poison clearly also makes them immune to the effects of drink.
>>
>>52429388
The people or the meteor/spear thingy.

Is it an object or a creature? Explain in a little more detail what you're gonna do with it.
>>
>>52429422
>>52429396
>>52429386
I wish they would've called them something like Retardation Master instead.
>>
>>52429411
>how do we save pact of the blade
Fucking kill yourself. It's a single pact boon, it's not supposed to make you a melee god to rival fighters.
You want to be warlock AND be good in melee? Go hexblade.
>>
>>52429377
>>52429386
>>52429396
>>52429422
Have imbibing the drink mean an increase in the ki pool total.
>>
>>52429425
The spear falling to earth, what primitives may describe as an atomic weapon.
>>
>>52429436

Dude atm you get better melee options as Tome by getting Shillelagh.

What they need to do is give Pact of blade the same shit Hex Warriors get.

Then remake Hexblade into just "Hexbringer" and let them get Hex as an at-will with bonuses. Like Shadow Hound can now be used to cast your spells from and you gain truesight from the target.

Right now i can get a much better melee warlock by going polearm master and War caster and just going for tomelock and shillelagh.

I get on-reaction spells and cantrips and double hit every round with polearm master + a shield.+ a free ritual book + 3 bonus cantrips. (1 of which will be find familiar so i also get pact of chains)
>>
>>52429411
>How do we save the warlock class?
Have the correct number of encounters per day, expand the spell list.
>Specifically, how do we save pact of the blade?
Use Cha as the relevant ability, Smites for all weapons.
>>
>>52429455
And is the spear actually a good weapon? You just want stats for a spear that can survive a fall from space or is it a literal god weapon.

If it's just a spear made of hardy materials say it's the normal template but +3 and made of adamantine or some shit
>>
>>52429411
The biggest problem with blade pact is that it makes you want to play around in melee - on a class with light armor, no shield, and a d8 hit die. Damage output isn't awful between multiple attacks with Hex or booming blade.

Possible solutions include: increasing AC (hexblade does this, but I came up with an invocation that grants you a shield bonus to AC when wielding a one-handed pact weapon, kind of a magical barrier), increasing durability (make lifedrinker grant temporary HP on hit and you're done here), or increase the warlock's number of spell slots (overall buff to the class, but in particular it would let bladelocks use their combat buffs more often. Armor of Agathys and Blink, notably.
>>
>>52429455
What exactly IS the spear though?
>>
So, should Relentless Slayer, which allows you to prevent a creature from moving to a new plane, allow a Monster Slayer to permanently kill fiends?
>>
>>52429486
>on a class with light armor, no shield, and a d8 hit die.
Blade Pact works much better if you start out as a Fighter, and sell your soul only after adventuring for a bit.
>>
>>52429136
Thinking of getting the d&d starter pack thing, is it worth buying for me + 3d gf + friends?
I + friends have never played d&d before so I will probs have to slug it as DM for a long time but it does sound like fun
>>
Fairly new to d&d guy here. I could use some advice.
I'm going to be playing in a West Marches style game with mainly other inexperienced players.
I want to play a halfling cook who was an apprentice cook in some local tavern, but ran away because the landlord, though a good guy, couldn't cook for shit.
I want to support and heal my party with good food and I want the character to be able to explore nature to look for new ingredients.
I'll probably focus my skills on things that have to do with domestic life and nature.

My question is, what class should I play and what's a good way to start building this kind of character?
>>
As per requests in previous thread, some of the things my shit DM has done:

>rogue takes first night watch
>"you see some moving lights in the distance"
>keeps an eye on them, leaves them alone
>monk takes second watch
>"I go up to them and poke one"
>"They all cluster around you. They're Will'o'Wisps - 20 of them attack!"
>level 4 party
>solo monk
>monk down before he gets a single action
>DM ruling allows him to survive

Later:
>we all got caught in a trap that locked us in a room, only way out was a selection of planar portals
>we found the one that led back to our own world but it put each of us in different places in the Underdark
>monk failed seven Survival checks in a row and kept coming across nastier monsters
>you see something BIG squirming in the distance
>"I walk up to it"
>"It's a Neolithid. Tentacles emerge from its mouth and... pull you in."
>rapid DM calculations
>"how much health do you have?"
>"uh, lemme just check if you can do a Dex save to cut your way out..."
>"...uh, no, you're dead."
>RIP monk

1/2
>>
>>52429493
Depends. Does the Fiend have unlimited uses of the ability to travel back home? Because the ability works but they can use it again next turn and you have to contest it again when they do. So you could keep it there, but once you stop they'll go home. Ergo there's not really a point unless the Fiend runs out of planeshifts, then yes it'd permadie in a manner of speaking.
>>
>>52429533
>I try to make a deal with a magic mirror to get it to betray its evil owner (who was sort of an ally of ours but who followed a god at war with my super religious character's god)
>no luck, leave the mirror
>next day
>"you are pulled by your ankles by a magical force"
>party tries to hold onto me
>"you take 4 damage from being held onto"
>let the force take me
>carries me into the evil mirror owner's dungeon
>no one can get to me, we're all level 1/2
>get tortured
>party try to negotiate for me
>DMisn'thavingit.jpg
>get taken to a temple
>party is surrounded by an entire city of guards
>no useful abilities at such a low level
>forced to sacrifice me
>everyone silent for a while
>DM realises she may have overstepped just a tad
>I ask if I can use my inspiration (which she handed out for me making a pun, the only thing she hands out inspiration for) to bargain with evil god for my life
>and that's the story about how I was forced to multiclass into Warlock to stay alive

>every time I try to work against my new patron my heart gets stopped by the god
>tried to have the curse removed, try to get magical item to cure it
>"nothing is available, you're stuck working at his every whim"

There's probably more, I'll add them if I remember them.

2/2
>>
>>52429486

At-will False Life lets you have more HP than an equivalent Fighter until level 7 even if you skip the Fiend patron, but there is certainly a problem with spell slots until level mid levels, and AC.

AC is easily fixed with 1 level Fighter dip, though, which also gives you CON saves.
>>
>>52429532

There's A) Goodberry and B) Heroes' Feast, and that's it.
>>
>>52429542
I remember you. That Mirror story. Didn't she read your mind too?
>>
>veteran of the Drunken Fist
>Have fought in countless battles, both for training, and with my life on the line
>my body is conditioned to do feats beyond the dreams of most mortal men
>After a long adventure saving the Emperor's Daughter, my master finally agrees to teach me the art of redirecting blows
>Receive the training, master it.
>a few weeks later, another Emperor's Daughter needs rescuing
>go into the bandit's den, confidant
>The first bandit rushes me with a sword, and I smoothly block the blow and shove the sword into the second bandit
>A third bandit tries to assail me
>I prepare to redirect the blow, confidant in my body's physical conditioning and training
>As his mace comes down on my head, I try to move my arms to redirect it into the first bandit
>My muscles scream in sudden protest at the simple task
>I suddenly realize I can only redirect blows once per hour

???

For what reason is this feature once per short rest? This makes no sense.
>>
>>52429562
Oh yeah, she knew that I was a Lolth supporter (she's Vhaeraun) the second I walked into the city. Also Vhaeraun can still do things to me when I'm in Lolth temples. I checked.

Reminds me of another couple.

>go to a Lolth temple to get divination aid
>"Anon, what's your Dexterity?"
>17
>"You lose 50 gold"
>Don't question it, she's been draining money off me since I won a load in a rigged gambling game she set up earlier that I abused for as much as I could get because she doesn't understand how odds work
>continue talking to priestess, then to party member
>"you lose another 50 gold"
>"Why?"
>"You're distracted talking to a party member, the priestess is robbing you. Lolth's domain is trickery!"
>"Can't... the rest of the party see this... at all? They're right here"
>"No"
>doesn't even use my perception skill
>"outrolls" my 17 Dex 5 times, robs me of 800gp

>we're in Menzoberranzan for a bit
>party includes two high elves, not disguised
>I suggest we chain them up so they look like slaves and get by undetected
>they agree but we never get around to doing it
>they wander around without a single problem
>my family (I'm a drow) order their guards to shoot me when I try to visit them, even though my backstory has me being on alright terms with them
>???

One more comes to mind, next post.
>>
>>52429570
Here's how I would have done it, copying some elements of the druid UA

>Tipsy Sway
At 6th level, your swaying in combat becomes maddenly unpredictable, and creates opportunities for misdirection and redirection of force. As a reaction when an enemy misses you with a melee attack, you can cause the attack to hit one creature of your choice, other than the attacker, that you can see within 5 feet of you. Once you use this feature, you can't use it again for another 1d8 rounds

>At 11th level, you can use it every 1d4 rounds

>At 17th level, you can use it ever round.
>>
>>52429467
Hexblade, PAM, Extra Attack, +1 Pact Weapon and Elemental Weapon.

Doing 2d8+4d4+15 damage at level 5 with 18 Charisma and Improved Pact weapon, doing 1d8+1d4+5 with opportunity attack. Also a +2 to hit. Sure it costs 2 Invocations, but it's better.

Also at 12th level with Lifedrinker and 20 Charisma, that does up to 2d8+7d4+36 Damage. Now we've got a +4 to hit on you though. We can also drop that 1d8 to a 1d6 and lose 2 average damage, for +2 AC.

Checkmate Atheists.
>>
>>52429467
Shillellagh warlocks were inferior to bladelocks for damage before the warlock UA, now they're fucking obsolete.
>>
>>52429532
Healer feat, and fluff the healing potions as being food you've cooked.
>>
>>52429532
The best way to start building this kind of character would be to choose another system, or significantly modify 5e to suit your needs.

5e sucks for crafting/exploration based characters like that, unless you're willing to significantly refluff the tiniest of features like the healer feat, which will not be satisfying at all.
>>
>>52429543
>but there is certainly a problem with spell slots
what are you say
the problem is that the game is balanced around a FUCKTON of encounters per day, with 2 short rests in between.
In the early levels a Warlock SHOULD have 2-3 times as many 'top level' spells as any other caster. The spell selection is too limited, and they don't get 'throwaway' slots for utility spells that don't gain enough from upcasting (Hex should be an Invocation, or rather a class ability since it would become a tax invocation), but that doesn't show until the mid levels.

The 5-minutes workday is the real problem, don't let per-day casters blow their wad early and recover.
>>
File: 1489812685966.jpg (99KB, 767x563px) Image search: [Google]
1489812685966.jpg
99KB, 767x563px
Remember: Druids are GHEEEY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4
>>
>>52429684
While you are 100% correct, absolutely nobody follows the recommended encounters per day rules, and doing so makes no narrative sense most of the time. This isn't a problem with players, it's a problem with the system being retarded.
>>
File: sovereign glue.jpg (49KB, 500x886px) Image search: [Google]
sovereign glue.jpg
49KB, 500x886px
A question, /5eg/.

Sovereign Glue can't be dissolved by anything except Universal solvent, right, and both Sovereign Glue and Universal Solvent are extremely rare, right?

What if you were to veneer your armour with sovereign glue on the surface, stick, say, a thin layer of paper to it in order for it to bond, and then use that armour to be invincible. If nothing can break the bond, would that not mean swords and maces and such wouldn't be able to pierce the layer of glue between the two metals?
>>
>>52429185
I have enjoyed playing both and reading the books afterwards made me realize that even though what we got felt like complete experiences there was so much more to do.
>>
>>52429753
that's just dumb
>>
File: reeeeee.gif (2MB, 514x205px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.gif
2MB, 514x205px
>>52429527
>gf
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1486031799749.jpg (44KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1486031799749.jpg
44KB, 529x502px
>>52429527
>gf
>>
>>52429763
But is it?
>>
>>52429527
You just posted this to boast about your girlfriend, didn't you
>>
>>52429605
>not one that happened to me, but to our straight-Rogue
>"you spot someone running on the roof nearby"
>"do they look dangerous? Are they running after me?"
>"yes - and you can't tell"
>"I keep an eye on them but proceed normally"
>rogue talks to a different party member
>"the person with the katana on the roof attacks! And they get advantage, because you're distracted talking to someone else."
>Rogue takes acid damage enough to put him in death throws straight up
>permanent facial scarring that can't be healed by magic for some reason
>(the reason is she wanted him to be Two Face because the DMPC is essentially Harley Quinn)

>I wanted these explosives mentioned earlier
>my character has several people worth getting revenge on, one of them is a Vhaeraun supporter
>don't actually want to blow that one up, though I haven't denied that I do because it loses gravitas if I reveal my plans in advance
>Characters consistently "know" who I'm planning to blow up and preemptively punish me
>>
>>52429791
You know that the way you deal damage with a stabby weapon is to hit gaps right? Also that it won't do diddly shit to stop being hit by a mace?
>>
>>52429797
>DMPC is essentially Harley Quinn
>Turning the rest of the party into Batman Villains
Which one were you?
>>
>>52429797

Chooo Chooo! Guess the DM wants you to be playing a visual novel instead of an RPG
>>
>>52429753
I'd treat it as adamantine or mithral.
>>
>>52429791
having hard armor doesn't make you invincible
when you have full plate on and take damage anyway, it's because they got you in the join, or hit you hard enough with a hammer or something to rattle you anyway
unless you are completely coated in the glue it wont make you invincible, even then you wouldnt be able to eat and youd die
>>
>>52429806
I'll give you the daggers because that's playing around it but why won't it stop maces?
>>
>>52429730
To make it work in the narration, there is that 'longer rests' variant rule hidden away in the DMG.
If you screw around with the ratio of encounters per short and long rest, it fucks with the resources, and is an extreme buff to per-day classes.
>>
>>52429527
I did this, it went for three sessions then petered out. They got murdered for running headlong into a cave full of goblins without even trying to scout it out first. Then they quit.
Maybe you'll have better luck though.
>>
>>52429753
1. Nothing can break the bond between the glue and the things it is glued too. Nothing is said about the bond between the glues itself. Otherwise, Sovereign glue wouldn't be divisible.

2. Assuming the I, the DM, let you do this despite Objection 1: getting hit with a sword would still hurt, it just wouldn't pierce or cut. You take internal organ damage instead. At best, you get resistance to piercing and immunity to slashing

3. Assuming that we go through with this "immunity theory" despite objections 1 and 2, Sovereign Glue is extremely rare, you can't find enough of it to coat everything. You may have a literal Achilles heel.

4. Assuming that I let you go through with this despite the objections to immunity theory 1, 2 and 3 above, eventually the enemies are going to start coating their swords in universal solvent.
>>
>>52429821
You can have a lot of shit in front of your armour, but force will still transfer through. A mace carries a lotta force.

Still it was a clever idea and depending on your level I'd consider making it +1 or +2 because it would help protect you.
>>
>>52429830
the starter set is really fun and universally beloved. ive played it maybe a dozen times on roll20 and during irl games. if they quit then d&d just isn't for them or they suck at these kinds of games and just want to pew pew. i bet Anne of Green Gables would love d&d, the very first scene in the original movie is her reading a fantasy novel and neglecting her work, lol
>>
>>52429753

This is a dumb idea and you should feel bad for thinking it's clever.

Nothing can break the bond between the glue and another surface, it doesn't make those two surfaces (or even the glue itself) indestructible.

>Sword cuts through the paper
>Sword then cuts through the glue
>Sword hits the armor

At no point is the bond between the glue and the two surfaces it is adhering two broken. Instead a cross-section is made and those two sections displaced by the blade.
>>
>>52429863
Well excuse me for trying to have fun.
>>
File: 1488393320734.jpg (34KB, 359x522px) Image search: [Google]
1488393320734.jpg
34KB, 359x522px
>>52429868
>>
Starting a new campaign this weekend. Essentially, my character is a paladin searching for the holy grail. How retarded and cliche am I?
>>
>>52429807
Ha, wondered if anyone would ask. Nominally speaking, the Joker, because the HarleyDMPC is my fiancée due to being a backstory romance (DM fiat) with my half-drow child, and I blow stuff up and use knives.

>>52429809
The only two reasons I stick around are because I want to DM the same party afterwards and because she does actually have some interesting world-building elements here and there. I can't actually name any now that I think about it, but I always look forward to the next session for some reason.

But recently she's started saying "I'm going to stop being a fair DM and start being an evil one" and everyone at the table noticeably looks down and carefully says absolutely nothing.
>>
>>52429753
No. All having the invincible bond does is stop you from pulling the two objects glued together apart. If you glued paper all over your armor, you've just got armor covered in paper. Paper that can be torn or cut like any other paper. Someone hits you with a sword, a bit of paper's not going to stop it.
>>
>>52429885
it's ok
but what setting
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>52429884
>>
>>52429886
>Turning the party into batman villains against their will
>Physically and mentally scarring them to mould them into another person's mindset.
Your DM would make a great BBEG if she weren't so obtuse.
>>
>>52429901
lol some faggot always posts this when his stupid idea gets ridiculed

>can i be a furry catgirl wizard ninja futa?
>thread: no go away
>posts the robot no fun image

>if you were a DM would you let my orc PC fuck a halfling that's dressed as a schoolgirl
>thread: no go away
>no_fun.jpg

face it, you're just a terrible, unoriginal player
>>
>>52429928
>implying that's a question about a nontradition use of a magic item is anywhere close to the autism you listed as examples
>>
>>52429928
Well the answer to both of those things is Depends on the DM.

And that guy's question was a valid one.
>>
>>52429922
Huh, maybe I'll add her as an additional villain to my own campaign plan. See if she notices.
>>
>>52429823
Yeah, I've played that variant rule. It sucks too. The players always end up wandering why their peak of physical fitness fighter has to catch his breath for a day in order to run 15 feet a second (30 movement, 2x Dash with Action Surge, that equals 90 feet in a 6 second round, and for reference the fastest 100m dash was ran at about 34 feet a second), or why their rogue specialized in magical thievery can only steal spells once per week.

Let's just focus on this fact: Players want to do things. They want to do things that are cool and impressive sounding. They want to do these things fairly often, both in gameplay, and in narrative. 5e doesn't allow you to do this if played as designed.
>>
File: 1485382145789.jpg (17KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1485382145789.jpg
17KB, 500x371px
>>52429943
>>52429944

>covering armor with glue and paper to become invincible
>playing as a catgirl with a dick
>fucking a halfling in costume

I dunno Ace, they all seem pretty fucking stupid to me.
>>
>>52429951
Maybe add her in as a hardheaded enforcer who wants to see herself as an elegant manipulator. If she's intelligent she'll catch it.
>>
>>52429886
>the HarleyDMPC is my fiancée due to being a backstory romance (DM fiat) with my half-drow child, and I blow stuff up and use knives.

Your DM forced an incestuous relationship on your character?
>>
File: 1487966533759.jpg (62KB, 689x568px) Image search: [Google]
1487966533759.jpg
62KB, 689x568px
>>52429886
>because the HarleyDMPC is my fiancée due to being a backstory romance (DM fiat) with my half-drow child, and I blow stuff up and use knives.
>>
>>52429959
>Asking a question about a glue whose only property is to be hard as fuck's armour properties
>Stupid
It's a valid question, even if the answer is no.
>>
File: 1484942875324.jpg (23KB, 540x359px) Image search: [Google]
1484942875324.jpg
23KB, 540x359px
>>52429970
>armour
OH SHIT
m8 did you remember to bin your knife and vote for your muslim mayor and pay your TV license?
>>
>>52429823
>>52429684

There exists no edition of D&D known for DMs adhering to the default encounter balancing guidelines. The game becoming supposedly less balanced when you "play it wrong" is not a concern, not in 5e and not in any edition either.

In particular, most TSR edition fans seem to consider "a lack of encounter balancing/scaling systems a plus because its more realistic and hardcore" despite the fact that there were encounter scaling systems as old as OD&D 3LBB.

If you play 3e as you're "supposed" to, the PCs will general face one enemy of their CR at a time 4 on 1 (almost always a curbstomp), and divine casters are "supposed" to be healbots and arcane casters are "supposed" to be evocation spammers. You will likely not notice any balance problems.
>>
>>52429928
Futa are a normal core option in 5e.
>>
>>52429959
Futa catgirl
>snowflake weeaboo question
Halfling in coustume
>legitimate autism
Is Unbreakable bond immune to being cut?
>legitimate question
>>
LMoP... reposting since I didn't have a chance to follow up. Thinking of using some typ book once I get it.....

Party has spent..... two months, ingame and out doing side quests and other things.

They are level 7, started at 1

They just killed venomfang, now an adult dragon, and searching neverwinter forest for cragmaw castle

I've introduced the lords alliance as a kind of military arm of neverwinter, and a small group of knights searching for sildar and unraveling the black spider.

My question is, should the knights have already been to cragmaw and saved the dwarf - or should I have the dwarf die?

I'm thinking of making the lords alliance antagonistic but good rivals for the party, to be flabbergasted that there are other forces of good.
>>
File: 1486042110932.jpg (55KB, 494x361px) Image search: [Google]
1486042110932.jpg
55KB, 494x361px
>>52429997
naw m8
its not m8
its dumb m8
brb gotta use the loo in my flat
>>
File: d4003b6337591a8a90e12285e427ae3a.jpg (111KB, 736x1098px) Image search: [Google]
d4003b6337591a8a90e12285e427ae3a.jpg
111KB, 736x1098px
>>52429896

I could probably greentext this to make it easier to digest.

>Homebrew setting. Its not the holy grail, its the "Maiden's Grail,"
>Maiden is the goddess my character worships, who basically values chivalry above all else.
>Was a squire to a knight who knighted me on his deathbed but no witnesses.
>I am now a hedge knight that carries a letter from him legitimizing my knighthood
>I have to be a landed knight to be accepted into Maiden's paladin order
>Also have a love interest who I will never be able to marry thanks to my non-noble background and lack of lands/prospects. Carry with me a token of her favor that I also use as my spellcasting focus. It is currently tied to my halberd.
>Embark on quest for Maiden's holy grail to win the favor of my order, my love interest's father, and Maiden herself

Basically the idea is for other nobles and knights to laugh in my face and jokingly call me the "Grail Knight," then if I ever find it I'll still be the Grail Knight but it won't be a tongue-in-cheek kind of title.
>>
>>52429983
Only one country uses "Armor".

There's far better countries and some that have even greater right-wing laws, while still spelling it "Armour".
>>
>>52429965
>>52429967

Sorry, I phrased it poorly. I provided a backstory to the DM, she added the HarleyDMPC, and made her pregnant with my half-drow child.

Then when we bumped into her, my character essentially tried to detach himself from her, and my party thought it'd be fun to trick him into marrying her. Long story short, she's now my fiancée.

My stories get lower quality the later in the day it is at work, and I'm nearly done.
>>
>>52429983
You got me, I'm British. And from the way you talk i'm betting you're..... autistic. Yeah, sounds about right.
>>
>>52429959
How does my female immortal Wizard getting off by shlicking to the sight (viewed through an Arcane Eye in the privacy of her private room in the inn) of the dashing and muscular arc vilain getting penetrated by Black Tentacles in the middle of town sound to you because that's what I did last session and my party had fun with it.
>>
>>52430007
>They are level 7
All from the Starter Set? Why? Run a god damned module already. Level 7.
>>
File: 1486130147833.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1486130147833.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>Warforged
>Redemption paladin
>20 dex
>Mariner fighting style
>dual wielder feat
>>
>>52430045
What are you going for here? I can't really be bothered to look through three different UA's to figure it out.
>>
OFFICIAL /5eg/ DISCORD TIER LIST

Best boy tier:
Rick Kittenhugs

Know their shit but are autistic retards about it tier:
K.A.
c0re
nine
corylus

WTF tier:
LOOM (purz-posting)

actually useful tier:
bewby
LordDusk
Edward

Faggy degenerate tier (please ban)
Homu
Awoo
Lyndoodle
redpillangrybird
>>
>>52429983
Epique
>>
>>52430059
Absurd armor class
>>
>>52430059
Super AC I think. In theory he can get 23 from that with no armour or shields.
>>
>>52430068
Alright, now i'm interested. How much can you get up to with all of this?
>>
>>52430063
Faggot list:
>the /5eg/ Discord
>>
>>52430079
>>
>>52430063
fixing for you

OFFICIAL /5eg/ DISCORD TIER LIST
>uses Discord
Everyone on Discord.

>Not an autistic >>>/reddit/ shitposter
(Most) everyone else.
>>
>>52430009

I like it, would greenlight it as a DM.
>wyd when "Maiden's Grail" was a euphemism all along
>>
>>52430076
>>52430079
thanks m8. Sounds pretty intense desu. Does this mean the unbreakable naked robot swordfighter can be a reality?
>>
@52430063
You forgot

>waste of a life tier, has never contributed anything meaningful to anybody, including themselves, and seriously needs to reconsider their life choices tier
People who post tier lists about discord servers on an anonymous internet board to stir shit up.
>>
>>52430079
23. You also have access to shield of faith which gives +2 for 1 minute, and shield which gives +5 until your next turn.
>>
>>52430097
Very much so. Don't forget Shield of faith for a 26.
>>
>>52430097
yeah but its a shit build over all, wouldnt come online until very very high level, since warforged dont get dex as a racial nor do they get a feat. I think it would be 12 at the earliest
>>
>>52430029
My first time Dming, I let them do what hey wanted - they have done quite a bit of stuff.

What modules would you recommend? I was thinking of using some from TYP
>>
>>52430009
it's fine background
>>
>>52429959
The difference is that given an extremely hard substance that is liquid before it solidifies, asking whether or not using it in personal armor is possible is a question you'd see real life armor designers asking. After all - metal is literally just that, something soft and malleable when heated but very, very hard when it cools down.
>>
>>52430063
>>/reddit/
>>
>>52430009
Be honest. This is just something you created for fun, not for a real game. It's way too involved to be a single person's backstory in a large setting. You're just wanking off itt and expecting us to swallow it, aye m8?

>>52430011
Sorry m8 you're right, tally ho

>>52430023
XD lel ebin autistic burn m8

>>52430025
You don't have a live game and you don't have any friends either.
>>
>>52430009
>Token of her favour is her pantsu
>Panties tied to Halberd
Do it faggot.
>>
>>52430120
Not if you roll for your stats.
>>
>>52430009
I like it, and wish my players would give me something as detailed to work with.
>>
>>52430124
I mean, all the adventures (used to be called modules) are in the OP. Starter Set is good but certainly not meant to take players to 7.

>>52430128
We're still talking about this, m8? CRICKEY
>>
>>52430138
>Sorry m8 you're right, tally ho
I'm not the Pom. I'm am thankful you use an obvious typing pattern between threads though.

Also you're actually good at shitposting, do that's fresh.
>>
Oh look - the burger has devolved into incoherent shitposting.
What a surprise.
>>
>>52430138
>None of you are allowed to have fun unless it's perfectly generic without any questions being asked. So say I, gatekeeper of autistic rage.
>>
>>52430128
Glue isn't necessarily hard.
>>
>>52430167
It gets hard when it's a solid and not a liquid though. That's the point of Sovereign glue- that it's the hardest glue.
>>
File: 1489878790010.gif (164KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489878790010.gif
164KB, 320x240px
>>52430138
>you don't have a live game because I say so!!!
>>
File: 1487882824828.gif (312KB, 342x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487882824828.gif
312KB, 342x512px
>>52430167
But I am. Press 1 to hear more.
>>
>>52430187
>>
>>52430189
Didn't think anyone would actually do it.
>>
Goodnight thread. Try to be autistic when I come back.

Some easy topics are 4-Plate, Casters v Martials, PAM, something about Warlocks and Furries.
>>
>>52430178
No, adhesiveness doesn't equal hardness. You're talking about two different chemical properties here.
>>
>>52430200
We are Anonymous.
Expect us.
>>
>>52430204
Don't ever come back!
>>
>>52430090
DM said it definitely exists and its possible to find so I'm pretty hyped.

>>52430127
thx m8

>>52430138
I don't really see how giving characters a goal to work toward and a history with NPCs for the DM to tie in over the course of a long campaign is a bad thing.

>>52430141
haha, to be honest I don't even know what it is, probably a handkerchief... it never really clicked with me what exactly it is that fair ladies would give knights as a token of their favor.

>>52430146
I worked with the DM to create this, its essentially mandatory for him and the players to work together and craft the world. I fully expect for him to marry off my love interest to some pissant noble by the time I see her again, and it will make for an awesome experience.
>>
>>52430205
The point of Soveriegn Glue is that if you use it to glue two objects together, it only breaks if the object surfaces bound by the glue themselves break. The glue itself will never fail when hardened, which means that the bonds between the glue and the surface AND THE GLUE AND ITSELF are so strong as to be unbreakable.
>>
File: HalfElf07.png (313KB, 440x892px) Image search: [Google]
HalfElf07.png
313KB, 440x892px
I drew this half elf. Is he gay looking?
>>
>>52430204
Don't even get me started. I ran Death House as a solo encounter for one of my players, as a way of introducing themself to the party (in curse of strahd). It was his suggestion, and that should have tipped me off when he came up with a fairly absurd stat sheet that he swore he rolled himself.

He was a tabaxi bladelock/paladin multiclass with PAM, and he used that plus his insane stats to trivialize every encounter in the death house, and came out of it with 4 suits of plate armor.

Fuck off eurofag, enjoy your socialism.
>>
>>52430227
needs bigger muscles and heavy armor bro what are u a lil bitch
>>
>>52430234
he's a warlock m8
>>
>>52430245
so yea hes a lil bitch LUL
>>
>>52430250
wtf sir have I wronged you in some way?
>>
>>52430258
1v1 me
>>
>>52430231
>allowing tabaxi in your games
You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
>>52430227
18/10
Loves cock.
>>
>>52430227
no
>>
File: whatsthepoint.png (211KB, 463x299px) Image search: [Google]
whatsthepoint.png
211KB, 463x299px
>>52430223
No. The point of sovereign glue is that the adhesive bond between the two objects doesn't break. That has nothing to do with being an effective armor, or the "hardness" of the glue itself. Hardness (the ability to resist being scratched, punctured, or sliced through) is a distinct property from Adhesiveness (the ability to remain in proximity to another object.

To put it in a way your autistic mind can understand: You microwave some grilled cheese. The cheese keeps the bread slices together, but doesn't prevent you from cutting straight through every layer. Even after cutting the bread into two triangular sandwiches, and having your mom remove the crust for you, the cheese keeps the two pieces of bread on each sandwich stuck together.

That's what sovereign glue does, only more extreme, such that nobody would be able to pull the two slices of bread apart, but would still be able to divide them in half.
>>
Crunchwise, how good is Oath of Redemption?
>>
>>52430260
lol id win
>>
>>52430332
Its not half-bad, but its really not something I would ever play either... and I'm a sucker for paladins.
>>
>>52430345
>and I'm a sucker for paladins
faaaag
>>
>>52430332
It's the reason I won't allow multiclassing from now on.
>>
>>52430355
oh dude im as gay as it gets for paladins
>>
>>52430332
24 AC/10
>>
>>52430320
This. You cannot pull the two substances apart but you can cut them
>>
>>52430332
Okay. It suffers a bit I think from being designed so that all it's abilities work extremely well together. But only if you get to super high levels.

Like the earliest class defining ability it gets is the ability to take damage for other players which is good, but suicidal. Later on it gets the ability to heal off this damage. I think it makes better sense both fluff and crunch wise, if the paladin gains the ability to heal first, and then later protect. You would probably need to balance things a bit more to make that work, but it would be saner.
>>
>>52430363
>>52430381
My player is going straight pally and won't be using Armor of Peace since he's switching from Devotion and has shit Dex. Will he feel too weak?
>>
File: SketchFace02.png (88KB, 178x268px) Image search: [Google]
SketchFace02.png
88KB, 178x268px
My dudes I sketched this a while back and thought it turned out really good. Female halfling. But what should I name her? Pippa Silvertongue? Bricca Fastfingers? Pippy Longmuffin?
>>
>>52430396
Be a good DM and allow him to redistribute his stats.
>>
File: 1467815423769.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467815423769.png
6KB, 400x400px
>>52430320
Anon I might be autistic but you are retarded. While you can slice the bread apart, you can also pull the bread apart, thus breaking the cheese. It is IMPOSSIBLE for you to have glue that can never fail at keeping two objects in proximity while being able to be pulled apart, because of the only three ways a glue can fail, one of them is the glue itself breaking.

In the rightmost image, the glue has not broken, but the objects themselves have. This is the strength of the objects failing.
In the middle image, the glue has failed to keep itself on the surface of an image. Thusly the adhesiveness of the glue has failed.
The leftmost image is what is pertinent. The glue itself has shattered. This means that if the glue can be destroyed by pure force, then it is impossible that the glue can keep two objects together no matter what. In other words, Sovereign Glue cannot be destroyed via force by any means, otherwise you could simply cut the two objects apart by destroying the glue.

>>52430383
But you fucking can't, because the glue itself is a substance and needs to be unbreakable if you want to make sure the two objects glued together will never leave each other.
>>
>>52430399
Xev Bellringer
>>
>>52430396
Not really. 16 + 5 dex mod = 21 AC.

Plate + shield = 20 AC.

Nothing else in the oath relies on dex, he'll just have the benefit of having a minimum of 16AC while not wearing armor.
>>
>>52430409
I don't think he wants to. He just really likes the idea of a paladin built around mercy and converting beings back from the darkness.
>>
>>52430431
He should heal the monsters then.
>>
>>52430417
Monomolecular knives aren't a thing in DnD anon. The coating itself is too thin to be sliced in half along a line parallel to the coating.
>>
File: Wizard.pdf (570KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard.pdf
570KB, 1x1px
Why is he so perfect, lads?
>>
>>52430460
It literally doesn't fucking matter whether or not you're actually trying to cut it apart lengthwise. The glue must be unbreakable because otherwise yanking at two objects with an arbitrarily large force will in fact break the glue, thus contradicting the definition that bonds formed by Sovereign Glue can't be destroyed. You can't destroy Sovereign Glue via force, I seriously don't think I'm contradicting any sort of logic here.
>>
>>52430393
Interesting. What would you think of, say, 1d4 points of temp HP at the start of each turn?
>>
>>52430482
gaaaaaaaaaay
>>
File: 1483861721358.gif (1MB, 169x140px) Image search: [Google]
1483861721358.gif
1MB, 169x140px
>>52430499
>>
>>52429492
The image is the new art for Wrath of God magic card. It's unfortunate that such wonderful art befalls on the worst layout ever
>>
>>52430417
>>52430320
Alternatively, look at it like this. Sovereign Glue specifically holds two objects together. That's the exact wording - that the two objects can't be parted.

If you cut a straight line down the middle, the two objects aren't parted. You're cutting one object, no problem there.

Then you're cutting sovereign glue - but not separating it from either object at any juncture (and it never says it's indestructible, only that the bond can only be broken in said ways).

Then you cut the other object.

At no point is the bond broken, you're simply converting it from two objects permanently joined by the glue into 4 objects, combined by the glue in two pairs.
>>
>>52430417
you are incorrect. The glue is in no way unbreakable. It simply magically adheres two planes together. Go superglue two pieces of paper together. You'll have a tough time pulling them apart but ripping them is easy af
>>
Aside from a sorcerer or wizard what would be the best build to solo a large group? My DM gave us a cryptic threat for our next session's boss fight and I'm trying to figure out if it's another 3.5 port or something from 5e itself.
>>
>>52430496
You are definitely being retarded.

Substance a <->Glue molecule<->Substance B
In the above, each instance of the bond is unbreakable

glue molecule<->glue molecule

In the above, the bond is breakable.
>>
>>52430496
You have a very poor grasp on logic.
>>
OH MY GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT GLUE NO ONE CARES
>>
>>52430546
Wizard abusing spells like Wall of Force with bruisers around you.
>>
>>52430546
forcecage
>>
>>52430546
Nuclear druid.
>>
>>52430546
>solo a large group
Something with magic missile. I would say nuclear druid, but I don't suggest meme builds for genuine questions.

Crossbow Expert with hand crossbow and some way of getting Extra Attack would do alright.

Getting a whole party with Devil's Sight and then spamming Darkness would work too.
>>
>>52430547
So then, how are the glue molecules in between the substances staying together. If that's the case, then the glue could be pulled apart, ergo it's not sovereign glue.
>>
File: 1486583550491.gif (313KB, 300x182px) Image search: [Google]
1486583550491.gif
313KB, 300x182px
>>52430594
>druid
>>
>>52430610
Nuclear druid is part wizard
>>
>>52430520
aren't you seperating the object from the glue at the point it's cut at?
>>
>>52430526
>you'll have a tough time pulling them apart
Because the paper will destroy itself before that happens, not because superglue is unbreakable. Tearing it apart sideways through set superglue is actually significantly harder, and even so, it's because shear force is different from tension.

>>52430520
This explanation works...but you can get around it simply by sprinkling some sawdust into the glue.

>>52430547
The description does not fucking say that we're talking about molecular bonds and it's insane to believe that the layer of glue is one molecule thick, given the canonical masses and areas. The description says that if you have two objects glued together you can't seperate them. If said glue is destructible then you can seperate them by destroying the glue. Therefore the second bond IS indestructible, otherwise it's not sovereign glue that can't fail.

>>52430553
Literally not a fucking argument. If you want to seperate two objects glued together then destroying the glue is one of the ways to do so. Thusly, a glue that can never allow two objects glued together to seperate cannot be conventionally destructible.
>>
>>52430610
someone hasn't seen the nuclear druid build
>>
>>52430600
The coating is one molecule thin on average, due to the tendency of sovereign glue molecules to self sort into bonds between substances.

The ratio of one ounce to one square foot listed in the DMG is important: Not enough and you will leave parts unglued. Too much and you'll definitely experience the glue creeping out onto other areas of the substance that you might not want to have adhesive properties.
>>
>>52430417
Learn the different applications of material strength you fucking idiot. Tensile, Compression, Shearing, Impact, Hardness, etc. To anyone who has passed 8th grade earth science, you sound like a fool.
>>
>>52430600
Sovereign glue holds two planes together. It says nothing about being immune to damage. Regardless I'd probably allow it since you'd find it like once every campaign and could only coat half a chest plate which would grant like +1 or +2 ac from a specific direction
>>
File: 1483865643460.jpg (35KB, 615x630px) Image search: [Google]
1483865643460.jpg
35KB, 615x630px
>>52430637
i don't look at druid builds
>>
>>52430643
>>52430641
>>52430618
>>52430636
>>52430600
Oh my fucking god. Someone just go ask Crawford. Or Mearls. Or someone who would know the answer.
>>
>>52430666
Satan declares it
>>
>>52430546
Cha-specced Oathbreaker Paladin with a posse of undead he made from being part Necromancer.
>>
>>52430666
this
>>
>>52430636
>This explanation works...but you can get around it simply by sprinkling some sawdust into the glue
If your goal is to glue sawdust particles together, sure, but then you're not making armor. Are you sure you're not a retard with a big brother in an engineering school? You're using a lot of terms you don't understand.
>>
>>52430666
yes, Dark Lord
>>
File: nuclear druid.png (48KB, 882x229px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear druid.png
48KB, 882x229px
>>52430665
It's not even the most optimized version.
>>
>>52430636
Sovereign glue is no harder to destroy than elmer's, it simply magically binds two planes together
>>
>>52430636
>The description does not fucking say that we're talking about molecular bonds and it's insane to believe that the layer of glue is one molecule thick, given the canonical masses and areas.

The description does not fucking say that we're talking about an indestructible armor coating, and it's insane to believe pretty much everything you've espoused defending your retarded idea. That hasn't stopped you, so I'm just giving you a chemical reason why I would veto the shit out of this as a DM. If you were my player, I would prefer doing that rather than calling you out as a retard.
>>
>>52430707
that's fucking dumb
fuck you
>>
>>52430618
No, you're either destroying the object at the cut point (which doesn't remove it from the bond, it just destroys it), or you're cutting only the glue in a very narrow line, so it never leaves the object it's attached to.

>>52430636
>sawdust
I can see that working. Or iron filings. Or anything too small to hit, really.

Fantasy fibreglass. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>52430729
>not an argument
>>
File: 16310973663415572078.jpg (102KB, 733x900px) Image search: [Google]
16310973663415572078.jpg
102KB, 733x900px
what's the point of having so many invocations, when a handful are either taxed into builds or outright better than patron/pact specific one.

i can live with having no spells at all, but invocations are like The warlock thing, and whenever i go through the UA invocations and think "all of these sound very nice and in theme but i really can't afford to take them without being useless 90% of the time" and shit shouldn't be ok.

if you are pact of blade, you need to take thirsting blade, lifedrinker and the pact weapon series of invocations, if on top of that you want your patron invocations, fiend has four, GOO has five, fey has five, and so on.

so do you think warlocks are fine? how do we fix them if they are not.
am i being retarded and this is just a pact of blade problem and nothing else is broken? is just pointless to venture further from EB spam at all levels, at any time?
>>
>>52430726
But see, his autism is too much to respect a DM ruling quietly
>>
>>52430418
You cheeky dick waffle

>>52430399
Pippy Firemuffin, if you know what I mean
>>
>>52430747
not worth arguing m8
>>
>>52430752
Invocations are a nice idea. They're passive buffs that add complexity and build options.
>>
>>52430765
>if you know what I mean
i don't
>>
>>52430773
>i can't come with good refutals
:^)
>>
>>52430726
You haven't given a single fucking argument and that isn't my proposal, I wouldn't do it simply because it looks fucking stupid and style >>> function.

>If you were my player
I am not your player, which is why I haven't sat the fuck down and said "okay Rule 0".

>does not say
It DOES however say something that would require the thing to be completely indestructible.

>>52430687
No, you sprinkle sawdust into the glue while it's hardening. This would mean that when you cut the glue, you're now trying to seperate at least one of the sawdust particles from another.
>you're using a lot of terms you don't understand
Bitch you tried pulling adhesiveness without realizing that glue failure doesn't only result of adherence failure, in fact most of the time it comes from structural failure from either the glue or the actual object to be glued.

>>52430719
Then you could cut the glue apart with an adamantite wire.
>>
>>52430791
Who cares if he doesn't want to argue? Nuclear Druid is a thing. That's a fact. Everyone can move on.
>>
>>52430791
i can't
>>
>>52430789
Pippy Firecrotch isn't subtle.
>>
>>52430811
>Nuclear Druid is a GHEY thing.
Keep the change, kiddo
>>
>>52430799
How would you cut the glue apart with an adamantium wire? Is it a magical Adamantium Wire Of Plane Separation?
>>
>>52430752
Pact Weapon series of invocations?

You've got Thirsting Blade for Extra Attack if you haven't gotten it from multiclassing.
Better Pact Weapon that you just improve +1/+2+/+3 as you level up.
and Lifedrinker at 12th, at which point you'll have 6 invocations total, of which you used 2-3 to get gud at stabbing people.

I guess you can take another for the smite weapons, but the smite weapons suck.
>>
>>52430666
There's no reason to. This entire chain is just multiple people telling a retard he's wrong and the retard going NU UH.

The description of the item itself says its an adhesive bond. And that the bond can only be broken via certain methods. Cutting anything perpendicular to an adhesive bond is not breaking an adhesive bond.
>>
>>52430752
Warlocks are okay, with some fundamental problems, and a whole lot of potential.

1. Invocation taxes
This is not okay. Eldritch Blast should scale naturally, not with a tax feat. Roll Agonizing Blast into the main class. Same with the current blade pact invocation features in the PHB.

Every pact boon should have specific invocations that are cool and useful. So it's okay to have these, but they shouldn't be boring stuff like an extra attack on blade pact. That should just be baseline.

2. Invocations that use pact magic slots
This should never be a thing, and I'm amazed that they made it into the final product. Spell casting through invocations should only ever be either "at-will", "once per long rest", or "ritual".

3. There simply aren't enough invocations. Give us more options, they're cool, and fun!
>>
>>52430838
>plane
>plane
>plane
Why do you keep using this word? The Sovereign Glue forms a bond between two objects. It doesn't form a fucking demiplane.
>>
Is there an invocation to make ur pen0r bigger
>>
What's the most snowflake character you've ever played /5eg/?
>>
File: Equipment Addition - Homebrew.pdf (139KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Equipment Addition - Homebrew.pdf
139KB, 1x1px
>>52430063
Is that the same Kittenhugs that does the homebrews?
>>
>>52430562
A wizard or a sorcerer is the obvious solution but with a knowledge cleric, wizard, variant trickery cleric, and two bards on top of two martials we should have either of those locked down. I could nova one of those down in about a turn since it'll be at most level 14.
>>
>>52430831
No idea what your post means. Just pointing out you should chill your autism because the discussion was already done. The other guy understands that Druids can do stupid damage
>>
>>52430865
nuke druid catgirl
>>
>>52430842
>I guess you can take another for the smite weapons, but the smite weapons suck.

I bet you think berserker Barbarian is in a good place too, Mr. Objectively Incorrect Balance Statements.
>>
>>52430854
>cutting anything perpendicular to an adhesive bond is not breaking an adhesive bond
It isn't an adhesive bond between an object and the glue. It's an adhesive bond between two objects. If you do something to the two objects or the glue in between such that you can bring them arbitrarily far apart from each other without encountering resistance then you've broken the bond betwen the two objects, by definition.
>>
>>52430859
>Why wizards fail at engineering
>>
>>52430878
stop replying to me m8
>>
>>52430859
Please tell me you are just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>52430879
Tabaxi or kawaii animu catgirl?
>>
>>52430599
Guns exist in the world so that's actually possible especially since I'm a gunslinger fighter.
>>
>>52430902
>I'm a gunslinger fighter
r u Idris Elbow?
>>
>>52430684
That's actually pretty smart, they are a servant of a death god. Of course we are in the domain of another death god so who knows how undead would work under another person's control.
>>
>>52430891
Are you like 14 or are you just dumb?
>>
>>52430900
>>52430892
If you're talking about a mathematical plane, it still doesn't fucking work because two planes are always seperate unless they are exactly the same plane, which means there's a gap beween them. I assumed you meant a D&D plane because forming a bond between two planes would mean, in context, forcing them to maintain a constant orientation and position relative to each other. Cutting, destroying, etc. the glue would, therefore, end that bond, as you could alter the distance or angle of at least one of the planes.
>>
>>52430898
>>
>>52430799
>sawdust in glue while it is hardening
>creating a whole bunch of sawdust<->glue<->sawdust bonds, and diluting the important bonds.

This would leave random spots of your armor completely separable. Sawdust has non negligible surface area. Read the description again.
>>
>>52430923
Wut?
>>
>>52430932
Tell me anon
If you glue a nut to a bolt
and then you keep the bolt in place and rotate the nut with extreme force, shattering the glue and removing the nut
have you broken the adhesive bond?

>>52430937
Simply use more glue? Armor isn't one square foot either.
>>
>>52429542
>>52429533
thanks Oil Baron
>>
>>52430881
I'm sorry, I guess they're strong on a sorlock/bardlock gish build? But for that you'd just take 3-5 levels of Warlock and the rest in full caster.
>>
>>52430854
It is very many people arguing now. For a definitive solution, we need an answer from an official source. So yes, there's a reason to.
>>
>>52430842
yes, but, you need all 3 to match agonizing blast's damage, and that's 3 out your grand total 8 invocations.

if you take the smite weapons, that's a 4th, so half of your invocations are just for your pact weapon, if you want any of the generic ones, the EB ones or the new patron ones, you have to grasp for straws.
>>
>>52430956
Officially the answer should be "no that's stupid you can't have armor that gives infinite AC". A solution might be "okay but you still take half damage from slashing because the armor isn't allowed to 'bounce' at all so you take the entire impact with your body.
>>
>>52430934
you mf
>>
>>52430891
>It isn't an adhesive bond between an object and the glue. It's an adhesive bond between two objects.
You've mentioned this as if it runs counter to what I've said. It isn't. I can see why you might be confused, considering you apparently don't know what an adhesive bond is.

>If you do something to the two objects or the glue in between such that you can bring them arbitrarily far apart from each other without encountering resistance then you've broken the bond betwen the two objects, by definition.
No, it doesn't? I'm having trouble figuring out how to explain to you that you might be mentally retarded. It's okay though, best case scenario is you just have an inability to do spatial reasoning with your thoughts.
>>
>>52430933
A gap filled with glue.

Sovereign Glue keeps one thing attatched to another thing. Not attached to itself or any thing attached to itself. So if you attach paper to armor you can cut the paper, you can cut the glue, and you can cut the armor but you cannot remove the paper from the armor
>>
File: Projectil_deflection_effects.jpg (49KB, 486x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Projectil_deflection_effects.jpg
49KB, 486x1024px
Would coating plate of armor with sovereign glue, put some paper on, actually improve the armor?

One of the good things about metal armor is that it can deform with force. If the glue and paper bond limits that ability, it should limit the effectiveness of the armor. Without the ability to deform, it is incredibly brittle.
>>
The last time I asked JCraw a question on the Twitter box he got a little cunty. Be careful ladarinos
>>
>>52430950
>legendary rarity

Let me guess, I bet the armor is a full suit of +3 plate armor too, and while we're at it, you've got a bag of holding with the Book of Exalted Deeds, which gave you the whole idea by reading the story of Monty Hall, the man who defeated the dragon by throwing incredible riches into it's mouth until it burst.
>>
>>52430996
>ladarinos
wtf is that?
>>
>>52430996
thanks lad
>>
I called a Chris Perkins a zionist homo puppet and he blocked me on Twitter, so I can't ask him either :(
>>
>>52430956
You don't need college mathematician to step in and give the official word that 2+2 does in fact equal 4, not 5, simply because you have a bunch of tribal idiots from africa who won't stop yelling it equals 5.
>>
the following races should not have been in the core phb

drow
dragonborn
tiefling

debate me
>>
File: 165467864616454.jpg (11KB, 200x291px) Image search: [Google]
165467864616454.jpg
11KB, 200x291px
Guys, give me a rundown on "Suggestion" spells. How did your DMs (or how do you DMs) work with this spell? I'm really unsure at how "reasonable" wordings can be. Like my player is asking if he can suggest a wife who found out her husband cheated on her to punish him hoping that it would lead to her harming the husband. There's that bit of "harmful" keyword in the text that suggest it shouldn't happen but in the end, it's reasonable for the wife to punish the husband to maybe like throw dishes at him and probably file for a separation/divorce or some shit cause it's the "best of their ability."

I'm still unsure how to adjudicate it cause of the semantics and stuff. Any help to simplify it? I admit, I usually don't DM players who have picked this spell up so it's pretty new to me. I mean, I don't wanna disappoint them when they use this spell and I go "Oh, telling the bard to play loudly in the middle of the night to cause noise ain't reasonable so you can't Suggest that." cause sometimes I think bards do that anyway but at the same time, I don't want to accidentally rule their Suggestions that it might come off as being as powerful as Geas/Dominate Person.
>>
>>52430975
see
>>52430661
Even if you could find enough glue to cover an entire set of armor you still have joints. Considering the glue is legendary you would barely have enough to cover half a chestplate
>>
>>52430902
>>52430941
Fucking Percy
>>
>>52431030
Please no we have enough debate/argument here already
>>
>>52431016
>>52431017
>ladarinos
Just slang for lad?
>>
Eurofag shitposting is reaching epic levels.

>>52431031
My "reasonable" rule is that it can't be a request overloaded with conjunctives. One at most. Additionally, "obviously harm" is taken from an objective, not a subjective standpoint, but does not extend to economic harms.
>>
>>52431026
this question isn't that simple though.
>>
>>52431030
and gnome

>>52431031
run away from me as fast as you can
drop your weapon
lay on the ground for as long as you can
count to 1 million
go home and make a new /5eg/ thread
go paint your body blue

i mean it's not complex
>>
>>52430858
i feel like they should fasten or improve the invocation progression, if they aren't going to remove the tax, and make agonizing blast at least lv6 prereq. or something. it's better damage than most martials, with no feats required, from a safe range.

just compare life drinker, a 12th level invocation, with agonizing blast(and EB already scales better than fighter extra attacks).

if i want for flavor stuff like mask of many faces or any of the proficiency invocations, then i can't have any damage invocation or pact invocations until lv4.

and yeah, spell slot invocations are pure garbage, patron spells are also pretty shit, given you start with only two spells, i'm sure it wouldn't break anything if you could just always have them like cleric or paladin ones.
>>
>>52431030
There is no real reason not to have them. Personally I find dragonborn and tiefling really lazily thought up races so I don't allow them in my campaign anyway. If you wanna be a dragonic humanoid you can be lizardfolk or kobold
>>
>>52429136
I have zero creativity. I keep just making myself as different races. By doing this I have made a bunch of pussy characters but thats what is most natural to me. How do I act in d&d? How do I talk to other characters? Can I interrupt people because I was always being insulted and interrupted when my character spoke. The dm too.
>>
>>52430981
No sure I said that interpretation itself works already...until you sprinkle in sawdust or something, in which case you would slightly change the distances involved.

>>52430999
>legendary rarity
He didn't literally say it's feasible, he's asking if it's munchkin-posible. A DM would stop that shit as soon as he realized what happened and probably say "lel you die from concussions as the armor can't absorb any impact." There's plenty of shit you can do to shut it down.

>>52430983
No, it'd be shit as fuck for almost anything involving actual impact. A mace would almost certainly make the damn thing explode on impact, since metal is brittle forced to be rigid - like most material.

>>52431038
Joints are a problem yeah.
>someone glues himself
>he is stuck eternally as a statue within armor, slowly starving to death as he shits and pisses inside his armor before dying of septic shock

>>52431026
That's because it's mathematically defined as 4. 4 is literally defined as 1+1+1+1. Given 1+1 = 2 (defined), A=B && B=C -> A=C, 2+2 has to equal 4.
>>
>>52431052
correct brohamalam
>>
Wait a minute, so nuclear druids actually don't need any wisdom at all?

what the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>>52431058
Sadly, this means that you're equivalent to those tribal idiots from Africa. To me, who has a degree in engineering, this question is incredibly obvious and I think you're all idiots for not understanding why it is obvious.

If you have any menial understanding of the different types of material strengths, and what an adhesive bond is, then it's clear as day why you can cut through sovereign glue, but can't separate the two surfaces connected by it.
>>
File: Uncommon.png (511KB, 373x647px) Image search: [Google]
Uncommon.png
511KB, 373x647px
>>52431030
Why not?
The box is pretty clear.
>>
>>52431088
it's just an autistic meme build phamdog thrillionaire
>>
>>52431094
Ah, and I, who works at Wizards of the Coast and whose name is Mark Mearls, am also posting credentials we can't prove on the internet.
>>
>>52431088
Well, how are you going to get to that level anyway?
>>
>>52431046
Kinda but I'm not the only one with guns, another party member replaced a hand he lost in a mortar trap with a mechanical hand that had a shitty pistol and blade installed. He ended up blowing it up with some explosive rounds I found and gave him.
>>
>>52431112
Post your proof and I'll post my diploma.
>>
File: pleasestop.png (21KB, 841x874px) Image search: [Google]
pleasestop.png
21KB, 841x874px
>>52430496
>>52430460

If you tried to cut the glue in half, the knife would just become the second item bonding the two other surfaces.

Look, imagine two mathematical planes of an infinite number of points. Imagine an infinite number of lines connecting each point of one surface to a corresponding point on the other surface, along the shortest route. between the two.

When the surfaces are bisected vertically, these bond-lines are displaced, but not broken. Every point of the plane of surface A still corresponds to a point in surface B, they have just been translated.

If you try to bisect these two surfaces by cutting the glue horizontally, the DM can make one of two rulings:
1.) The bond-lines are unbreakable when approached from this position. This preserves all the rules, but makes for a potentially weird edge-case that could somehow be exploited. The DM could rule that the glue is magically 1-atom-thin, such that it could not be bisected in this way.
2.) If the potential for an edge case is unacceptable, but the DM doesn't want to rule on a magically-1-atom-thick-bond, he can rule that the cutting edge becomes a 3rd surface, that forms a bond between A and B>>52430900
>>52430859
. The bond-lines then become AC and CB, but the bond-line between AB is technically broken. This keeps the rule of the glue being a bond between two surfaces, but breaks the rule about the bond getting broken. Regardless, the cutting edge can't penetrate the glue beyond one atom before it becomes stuck itself.

In either case, OP is still a fag.
>>
>>52431116
Post your diploma and i'll post my proof.
>>
File: 1488105042237.jpg (12KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
1488105042237.jpg
12KB, 236x314px
>>52431115
>Kinda but I'm not the only one with guns, another party member replaced a hand he lost in a mortar trap with a mechanical hand that had a shitty pistol and blade installed. He ended up blowing it up with some explosive rounds I found and gave him.
that sounds dumb
>>
guys i need an emergency answers

playing a game online and tldr me and another party member are pvping and i think hes going to kill me i have a few options and id kwaht to do

we are both 20th level hes a druid and im a wizard

he just wild shaped into a giant ape and used his turn to dash to me hes now 20 ft from me i currently have initiative

i have the following spells prepared:

1st: alarm, disguise self, mage armor, absorb elements, shield, sleep
2nd: alter self, blue, knock
3rd: haste, fireball, fly
4th: blight, polymorph, stoneskin
5th: geas, scrying
6th: arcane gate, eyebite, magic jar
7th: forcecage
8th: demiplane, maze, telepathy
9th: prismatic wall

any help would be appreciated thanks
>>
>>52431146
Lowqualitybait.tif
>>
>>52431146
leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
>>
File: tumblr_ly08lhmdM41r2uzyoo1_1280.png (508KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ly08lhmdM41r2uzyoo1_1280.png
508KB, 853x1280px
>>52431030
i won't because it's true.

i like how lazily they explain dragonborn lore in the books, it's like not even they know what they are doing. and tieflings are just bitches of what they used to be.

also both tieflings and dragonborn are pretty bad, trait wise, so they can only fit very few class roles optimally.

on drow's case, fuck drizzt and all of his fanboys. why can i play as a slaver genocide elf but not as a slaver genocide squid. fuck them, just read the horrible shit they do and the slut goddess in general and tell me how that is acceptable at all. justice for illithids, we will rise again, just you wait.
>>
>>52431146
Hey glue guy, why don't you try putting on your magical armor of autism?
>>
Proposal:

Gluing paper to your armor gives resistance to slashing, resistance to piercing, and vulnerability to bludgeoning.

Without universal solvent assistance, you cannot cut through the glue. So, no slashing can get through except at the joints, but the force from the slashing does transfer over.

Which is why you get resistance to piercing. The joints are still vulnerable, and any piercing hits on the glue has all the force shoved into you. It is no longer a point force, so the pressure is greatly reduced. Resistance to piercing.

Hit you with a mace for bludgeoning? With no armor deformation, that force is going right into you. (Plate<->Glue<->Other Plate)
>>
>>52431146
You literally have every fucking possible answer to this problem. He's a giant ape. He's CR 7. Forcecage him. Make sure it's the box not the bars. Then blast him to death inside the forcecage with fireball, blight and cantrips.
>>
>>52431122
So could I cover a buckler in SG and paper and use it as a one off swordcatcher?
As in, "now there is a fucking sword glued to your buckler, its too unbalanced to use now" and a sword unusable?
>>
>>52431179
druids can't become giant apes
>>
>>52431179
He's shitposting about a days old argument
>>
>>52431146
Is it possible to kill a lvl 20 druid? He potentially has an infinite health pool
>>
>>52431162
honestly after reading goblinoids in volos id argue hobgoblins make a more valid PC race that drow, they're just evil fantasy klingons whereas drow are outright murder slavers with more than enough edge to spare
>>
>>52431075
Use your fucking imagination.
Play your fucking character.
Have some fucking fun.
>>
>>52431198
I wonder if the glue argument will be bait in a few days.
>>
>>52431201
glue him inside a forcecage
>>
>>52431114
i don't think anyone would honestly attempt to level a nuclear druid to lv20, it's, as everyone said, a huge meme build.

i'm just amused by the fact that you could take all your ASIs in other shit, or take a bunch of feats, and still be able to remove from existence anything at all.
>>
>>52431214
I'm pretty sure glue is going to be the latest super dank meme, like 4plate and bag of rats.
>>
>>52431201
Wish him out of existence
>>
>>52431135
It is. He ignored the rest of the party running to examine the trap and almost kill himself. He spent weeks and a couple hundred gold on the hand and then he blows it up at point blank range in a boss fight so now he's a one handed bard again. Almost the entire party wants him dead and he survives every attempt in part because the only person who doesn't manages to save him at the last moment. At least they're both too dumb to know we've tried.
>>
>>52430417
>the glue itself is a substance and needs to be unbreakable
No it doesn't, retard, it's magic. Magic doesn't have to conform to mundane laws like that. If the description says "This is how this magic thing works" that's how it works. See here >>52430520
>>52431088
>what the fuck were they thinking.
It uses a spell from the wizard list that has no attack roll or save, so of course it doesn't need Wis. Shocking nobody, the wizard spells are what make the build OP.
>>
>>52431223
If you use Sovereign Glue to adhere an Unstoppable Force to an Immovable Object what happens?
>>
>>52431247
you're dumb too
>>
File: bitchplease.jpg (254KB, 1777x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bitchplease.jpg
254KB, 1777x1000px
>>52431124
I'll be waiting, "Mearls".
>>
>>52431261
What happens when you subject two objects bound together by Sovereign Glue, to two different and opposite Unresistable Forces?
>>
If you glue a druid to a cage too small for one of their wildshape forms to fit inside, what happens when they transform?
>>
>>52431265
How?
>>
>>52431271
cool now cum tribute the diploma
>>
>>52431261
>>52431277

The apparatus constructed pops out of existence, and the demiurge (a sysadmin) appears before you. The demiurge will answer one question posed to it, truthfully.
>>
>>52431288
Only if you pay my loans.
>>
>>52431287
r u a native american too
get it
>>
>>52431180

Since we're all being absurdly autistic, then if your DM let's you try to catch a blade in a super-thin space between the two surfaces (paper and shield), AND makes that ruling, then sure.

But it's just a better solution to the glue layer as sufficiently thin so as to be indivisible from that angle.
>>
>>52431271
Oh, I though you meant almost any other engineering. At least its not commercial engineering.
I don't know why, but engineers without engines trigger my autism.
>>
>>52431293
I ask it what happens when you slide a monomolecular knife through two plane-like objects bound together by a layer of sovereign glue.
>>
>>52431293
Glue the demiurge to my infinite AC paper armor
>>
>>52431318

Is the glue layer also monomolecular?
>>
>>52431293
Hug him bathed in glue.
>>
>>52431325
we katamari damaci now!
>>
File: tumblr_ng82slFlEy1qetcjvo1_1280.jpg (777KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng82slFlEy1qetcjvo1_1280.jpg
777KB, 1280x1920px
>>52431202
most dms just handwave shit and come with the usual "you were exiled!" or "you were raised by humans!" background and call it a day.

but then you fall into my long autistic rant about mind flayers where if you handwave the fluff aspect of a race, you end up with just a normal human adventurer that just so happens to look like a drow, or a tiefling, or anything like that. people will look you weird in the street because the dm is intelligent (read: lazy) enough to not bother antagonizing your pc too much because that's not (usually) the story he's trying to tell.

this is even more true when playing published campaigns, where there's little to no reason for a band of all uncommon races (gotta be optimized) with a single human (variant...) to be roaming around human majority places and acting like everyday humans (because i guess most players are human).
>>
File: 54545.png (853KB, 1663x878px) Image search: [Google]
54545.png
853KB, 1663x878px
who would win?
>>
>>52431318
He gives you some technical physics answer that your pea-brain can't follow and leaves.
>>
>>52431318
>monomolecular knife
Impossible. You can't have a knife without an edge
>>
File: selfie.jpg (122KB, 1536x1255px) Image search: [Google]
selfie.jpg
122KB, 1536x1255px
>>52431271
here is a picture of me, mark mearls.
>>
File: 6e6UFLc.png (584KB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
6e6UFLc.png
584KB, 1400x2700px
>>52431325
>>52431339
They always bully the demiurge.
>>
>>52431351
The ape.
You can't win with your shitty off-brand glue.
>>
>>52431351
if you glue him to the ground and he shapeshifted smaller or larger would he rip all of his flesh off?
>>
>>52431122
>If you tried to cut the glue in half, the knife would just become the second item bonding the two other surfaces

That only applies if it hasn't already set, in which case the bond is still breakable anyway.
>>
>>52431094
If you can cut through sovereign glue then you can cut through it perpendicular to the adhesive bond, thus seperating the two surfaces. An appeal to authority doesn't work here.

>>52431122
The glue sets after 1 minute. Presumably the surfaces in question are not alterable after that. In fact if you cut it lengthwise you would imagine the knife to simply get stuck.

>cutting through
Yes, that works (I mean it would also mean you can glide the two surfaces around which is kind of gay but not in the description). That is why I posited the use of sawdust, which in conjunction with the glue setting, should make cuts at all imposible.
>>
>>52431271
>computer engineering.
yeah i'm sure that's useful for physical properties
>>
>>52431391
just the first layer of skin.
>>
>>52431391
Only skin or fur, unless you glued a significant amount of fur. Then some flesh.
>>
how many kobolds could a level 3 fighter take on? i was running some numbers and it looks like an entire warren worth would be absolutely decimated by one... does this seem right to anyone else? martials seem a little op.
>>
>>52431271
>computer engineering
Anon a fucking undergrad in physics would be more relevant.
>>
>>52431377
>suggesting Yaldabaoth is benevolent
>>
Were people saying it's impossible to wildshape into a giant ape?
Why would that be?
>>
>>52431464
because theres absolutely no point to if you just get instantly forcecaged or glued
>>
>>52431247
Just execute the both of them, if you really want them gone, or frame them for something.
>>
>>52431464
read the phb retard
>>
>>52431464
It's level decided by 3 to get cr 7x3 is 21
>>
>>52431464
What about Shapechange?
>>
>>52431409
>if you can cut through blah blah
Sovereign Glue's adhesive properties are magical, not an effect of it's chemical makeup.
>>
>>52431464
it's cr is 1 too high
>>
File: 1482825549816.png (43KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482825549816.png
43KB, 768x768px
>>52431318
>I would have to come back here and fix that mess, as I just have.
>>
>>52431485
Sounds like somebody needs his cummies.
>>
>>52431490
>of it is chemical makeup
#triggered
>>
>>52431432
Probably 12. Depends on the rolls. Also he'd die to traps pretty quickly.
>>
>>52431487
you could
but it's a 9th level spell
and wizards get it too
>>
>>52431412
>>52431434
When you've gone far enough into it, to deal with modern VLSI and place and route, it is. I've even taken classes on black magic. Nonetheless, I mentioned it because I was looking down on you fucktards and showed my hand when someone attempted to "call the bluff". As previously stated, this knowledge is something you should know from middle/high school earth science and physics.
>>
>>52431554
Until you realize that the only actual explanation that makes sense completely does away with physical properties, even infinite ones, and simply says a Wizard Did It.
>>
>>52431245
Not possible without a GM making it up.
>>
>>52430151
Yeah - I've ad libbed the Orc quest and a few personal encounters.

The only adventure I saw was 8th+ the rise of the dragon king or something

They really like combat..

I'm thinking of just running monster hunter - where they hunt down the shageru magala as it's poisoning everything
>>
>>52431201
>sovereign glue his nostrils and lips as he sleeps
>>
>>52431635

The healer couldn't save him because the bond is unbreakable and they couldn't cut through the seal.
>>
>>52431711
just cut off your own face
or put an air hole in the cheeks
>>
>>52431635
>>52431711

Do the edges of a nostril or two lips on the same person count as different surfaces? Or would you need a layer of paper between them?
>>
>>52431730
Sovereign glue his hands to his balls
>>
What if I wear a suit of leather armor under chainmail under full plate with a padded surcoat on top and bolt a shield to my back and chest and also dual wield shields?

Like, I know what the rules say, but let's tell the rules to fuck off for a sec. How does one become most invincible?
>>
>>52431779
Glue shields to every shield in a fractal fashion.
>>
>>52431779
By being a Wizard, casting Prismatic Globe, MMM, and Wall of Force on the entrance/
>>
>>52431779
Well if we're telling the rules to fuck off we can just assume you're invincible.
>>
File: bubbleboy.jpg (152KB, 1200x1120px) Image search: [Google]
bubbleboy.jpg
152KB, 1200x1120px
>>52431779
You sit inside an Otiluke's Resilient Sphere

It has magical inertial dampeners.
>>
Do you let your players sleep in their armour?
>>
>>52431821
I mandate it.
>>
>>52431821
yes because its unfair to martials if you dont
>>
>>52431813

If I sovereign-glue a piece of paper to an Otiluke's Resilient Sphere, can it be dispelled?
>>
>>52431826
One of our martials likes to sleep in footie pajamas. Huge pain in the ass when we get ambushed.
>>
>>52431821
Sleeping in anything that isn't chainmail is literally more comfortable than laying on the cold, wet ground like a fucking clod.

source: man who has slept in replica plate
>>
>>52431821
Yeah, why wouldn't I? If they want to sleep outside their armor that's their choice. Unless it's sever temperatures of heat or cold it wouldn't cause too much of a problem.
>>
>>52431821
You know how when you sleep on your side, your fat body crushes one of your arms and shoulders into the mattress, and you wish you had a mattress with a little hole or slit there for your arm? Yeah, that doesn't happen if you're wearing fullplate.
>>
>>52431821

If they want to wake up with back trouble sure.

Honestly though most of the time they just remove the hard uncomfortable parts like the curaiss and they still can wear the padded armor gambeson so they aren't completely fucked if a wandering monster wanders across the camp at night.
>>
>>52431088
>what the fuck were they thinking.

That EXPLICITLY noting UA content was not intending for multiclassing would be enough to discourage morons from cheating their way to ultimate munchkin power?
>>
>>52431861

>adventuring without a tent, bedrolls, blankets, small portable bathtub, pots and pans for cooking

It's like you guys don't even bring along a wagon and hirelings to mind your camp as you delve into the dungeon to retrieve forgotten wealth.
>>
>>52431481
The issue is we want one to live and the other to die. We also can't really just execute him since we need it to look like none of us did it. Hopefully he dies in the boss fight, it seems likely given how he tends to fight and that he has sneak attack (rogue dip) and the ua bard so he should get up in their face.
>>
>>52431966
I do. Nigga, my inventory reads like a general store manifest.

I also sleep in my armor.
>>
>>52431821
Just put on heavy fugging armor and go on guard duty, it will be harder to NOT fall asleep.
>>
>>52431966
>implying a bedroll does anything to stop you from sleeping on your arm
>>
If you coat an Immovable rod in sovereign glue and stick it up someone's asshole, would they die?
>>
>>52431821
Not letting PCs sleep in armor creates all sorts of bizarre balance considerations, whereby elves become disproportionately good armor users and martials are disproportionately vulnerable to ambushes.
>>
>>52432072
You could pull it out by tearing off the first layer of skin.
>>
>>52432084
But when you activate it they will be flung out into the cold depths of space at thousands of miles an hour.
>>
>>52432072
Yes, especially if you leave them suspended high off the ground with their weight only supported by the glue coated immovable rod slowly pulling the lower portions of their digestive/elimination tract through the upper portions over the course of several days.
>>
>>52432004

Nah man nothing is better after a long day of adventuring in the dungeon than going out and having a warm bath and a warm meal waiting for you. Sitting around the campfire in a nice warm robe and slippers and then going to bed in your nice warm bedroll.

Being all stinky in a sweaty gambeson and rusty dirty chain mail is the opposite of comfy.
>>
>>52432081
>tfw you can't find those rules meant to make casters just as vulnerable to ambushes and disarming as martials because their spellbooks are now 9,000 pages long and have to be rewritten every night
>>
>>52432115
Christ. Artificer Vlad the Impaler when?
>>
>>52432111

That or they get buried in the planet's core as the movement of the planet pushes them deep into the ground.
>>
>>52429527
>mandatory gf REEEEEE
No need to buy Starter Pack, buy the PHB and run the free adventures, there's a couple out there:
- A Great Upheaval
- Death House
>>
>>52432081

But elves are better than monkeigh
>>
File: next level comfort.jpg (50KB, 736x1040px) Image search: [Google]
next level comfort.jpg
50KB, 736x1040px
>>52432118
>he washes his bedroll but not his gambeson
My full plate has heated filaments, water cooling, inflatable plush lining, silver nanoparticles to eliminate bacterial growth and stank, pocket microwave, and Mage Fingersâ„¢ vibration technology.

Your bedroll is out of style.
>>
>>52429411
Be merciless to yourself.
Cry to your patron.
Kill in His Name.
Don`t doubt.
Forget about optimization.
Just play a character.
>>
>>52432182
usually the "better" part has something to do with arcane lore or artistry at combat or something, not the ability to avoid being buttfucked because the DM houserules you to not being able to rest in armor + having chasmes bite your unarmored toes while you sleep for 22d6+2 damage, most of it to maxhp
>>
>>52432208

>the fighter tries to pull out a healing potion for emergency healing and instead pulls out a warm hotpocket out of his belt-microwave
>>
>>52432257
>he thinks my Hotpockets don't heal 4d4+4 HP
>>
>>52432257
ha
>>
>>52432118
Just get a wizard to Prestidigitation your gambeson clean. Instant dry-cleaning.
>>
>>52432379
>tfw walking through the desert in my air conditioned plate armor thanks to Prestidigitation
>>
>>52432379

Yes adventuring with a healslut and magevalet is awesome and is definitely what all potential big damn heroes should aspire to.
>>
File: ch110620peck.gif (60KB, 600x193px) Image search: [Google]
ch110620peck.gif
60KB, 600x193px
>>52431851
>Glue takes 1 minute to set
>Sphere lasts 1 minute, subject to concentration
>>
>>52432072
It would be extremely painful
>>
>>52432441
Sounds doable
>>
>>52429411
>every patron and pact get's 1 bonus invocation from their exclusive invocation pool
>patron spells are free
>spell slot consuming invocations are changed to once per short rest instead
>every other spell or spell-like invocation is either at will or once per long rest for the very strong ones
>proficiency invocations are fine i guess
>hex warrior applies to all weapons, not only one-handers
>blade get's a 10+dex+cha AC invocation
>tome gets goo and archfey invocations
>chain gets archfey and fiend invocations

etc.
>>
>>52432413
Can't tell if ironic
>>
>>52432459
If only for a moment.
>>
/5eg/, how can we fix Undying Warlocks?
>No good undead familiars
>Underwhelming features
>Didn't get any new invocations when UA patrons did
>Can't even fucking animate the dead
>>
>>52432495
His point is 'does it disappear if the glue sets before'?
>>
>>52432413
The magevalet, in reality, is the big damn hero. You're the meathead that takes hits for him and he keeps you happy with parlour tricks.
>>
>>52432510
>how can we fix Undying Warlocks?
Create good undead familiars
>>
>>52432513
yes. It disappears.

The other option is that you cannot glue to the sphere. It is a "shimmering sphere of force", just force. Pure Newtons. No matter to glue to. A wizard did it.
>>
I'm playing a Rogue who's a church agent/priest.

I'm probably going to take Spell Sniper next level, as I have a Whip for Boom Blade, however I think something Light-themed might fit the character better.

How does this sound?

Radiant Strike
Level: 0
Type: Evocation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 5 feet
Components: V M
Material Components: a weapon
Duration: Instantaneous
Used by: CLR

As part of the action used to cast this spell, you must make a melee attack with a weapon against one creature within the spell's range, otherwise the spell fails.

On a hit, the target suffers the attack's normal effects, and takes 1d8+WIS mod Radiant damage.

This spell's damage increases when you reach higher levels. At 5th level, the melee attack deals an extra 1d8 fire damage to the target, The damage roll increases by 1d8 at 11th level and 17th level.

It's basically Radiant GFB, however instead of leaping to a second target it adds the extra damage to the main target. It's meant to be a bit weaker than BoomBlade or GFB since it's Radiant, so I might remove the WISmod to damage part.
>>
>>52432510
start with those, i guess?
>>
>>52432494

Playing Gaston as a 5e Fighter is fucking awesome though.

You get to go full aggro in fights because you know that the party healslut will restore you with her healing magic and because you are obviously the party leader the magevalet spend a sizable amount of his/her spells making you comfortable.

After all it requires several castings of create food/water to generate 5 dozen eggs every day.
>>
>>52432602
Yeah but what happens when the magevalet goes yandere?
>>
>>52432623
Have the healslut blow you, and while the magevalet blows the last of her spells on her love rival, you dunk her ass literally, reminding the both of them that you have both the virility and stamina to please an entire town full of buxom wenches.
>>
>>52432673
Yeah but anon
You're a 5e fighter
You can't beat a 5e wizard with prep time, and yanderes are nothing if not prepared.
>>
>>52432673

Pretty much this although honestly the loli-hobbit-thief is the party member that is more likely the yandere party member.

The magevalet is most likely going to be a shy elf trap that dresses conservatively and doesn't know how to compete with the healslut and the loli-thief for the right to polish the hero's sword.
>>
Hello guys.

Could you vote if you agree?

http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=110467

Fantasy Grounds is a great tool for RPG online and after you use it you'll probably never want to switch it for another tool, however we have a issue.

When people buy the Ultimate license only them are allowed to DM, would be much nicer if the holder of the ultimate license was actually the host instead the DM, that would allow who bought it also to play.

Right now many of the people who bought just DM because they can't find other people who have a license to DM, if we allow the ultimate license to HOST instead just DM those people could play as well.

Also this would be nice since people who don't have the ultimate license would be able to see how the software works and latter they would be interested and buy it.
>>
>>52432750
Is this uh
Shilling?
>>
>>52432698
>Out of this whole conversation
>That's what you take issue with

I get we're shitposting at this point but come on.
>>
>>52432750
Fuck off shill.
>>
>>52432771
I mean the thing is
This entire conversation actually works mechanically, except for the part where you beat the Wizard (and the part where you're the """party leader""" and are satisfied with 0th tier spells to clean you up in exchange for tanking hits).
>>
>>52432750
wtf is fantasy grounds in the first place
>>
>>52432807
A better plataform than roll20, but more expensive.
>>
>>52432815
That doesn't tell me shit
What does it have over R20?
>>
Name my half-orc barbarian
>>
>>52432976
Pete
>>
>>52432976

Neil
>>
>>52432976
Eowyn
>>
>>52432976
man
>>
>>52432976
Robert the Literate
>>
File: FG vs Roll20.png (188KB, 999x974px) Image search: [Google]
FG vs Roll20.png
188KB, 999x974px
>>
>>52433021
We're on page 9 and bump limit's reached, new thread time.
>>
>>52432845
This was for you, sorry:>>52433013
>>
Hey /5eg/

Got a question. Is there a particular format to sell adventures on DriveThruRPG? I have an adventure that I wrote that I'm pretty proud of and wanted to see if it would sell (hell even if I made only a buck) but their website is...less than new person friendly. My stuff is mostly typed on a word doc, along with a few maps.

Thanks!
>>
>>52433044
pdf it.
>>
>>52433013
meh
It looks like it's generally shittier in free though.
>>
>>52430363
What are you thinking is gonna get multiclassed with it that you're trying to avoid?
>>
>>52432528
The fighter slays the monsters, identifies who is actually a threat or significant and wields the sword of destiny. The magevalet lets him travel in comfort, style and cleans up mooks so the fight doesn't take forever.
>>
>>52432698

>You can't beat a 5e wizard with prep time

Hell, a level 11 bow fighter beats a level 18 archmage outdoors essentially every time (99.99999%) and the 11 polearm fighter has a more than even chance of so doing indoors, as long as he has a +1 or greater weapon.

Picking fights with strong singular targets is nice and suicidal.
>>
>>52433349
>Implying the magevalet wasn't strategically weakening the big guys so that the fighter can feel useful.
>>
>>52432976
sthock or thoick
>>
>>52433408
>level 11
A Level 11 fighter has 100 HP if he takes 6 with a +3 Constitution modifier. This means Power Word: Kill works on him.
>>
>>52433408
How does a level 11 bow fighter beat a wizard outdoors, he can just power word kill you.
>>
>>52433494
Pretty sure most ID spells will work fine too
>>
>>52433349
Until the Magevalet goes Epic and learns this disgusting thing
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Momento_Mori
>>
>>52433494
>60 feet vs 600 feet

gee I wonder

>>52433486
Sorry, even chance if he prepares a specific spell (though I did specify archmage for a reason).
>>
>>52433603
>as a free action
So...hold up, he can do this shit over and over?
>>
>>52433603
>dandwiki
Also, new thread.

>>52433641
>>
>>52433639
Invisibilty + Greater Teleportation nimrod. The guy is Prepared.
>>
>>52433639
So the Wizard uses dimension door then fucks your shit.
>>
>>52433639
Invisible Flying Fireballs
>>
>>52433651
we already have a new thread. >>52433021
>>
File: MILDLY UPSET.png (14KB, 67x68px) Image search: [Google]
MILDLY UPSET.png
14KB, 67x68px
>>52433651
Someone beat you to it you STUPID FUCKING NIGGER IS IT THAT HARD TO CHECK THE CATALOG I'D BEAT YOU WITH A BABY SEAL IF I COULD FUCKKKK

>>52433031
>>52433031
>>52433031
Thread posts: 447
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.