[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strahd has a Sphere of Annihilation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

We're playing 5e Curse of Strahd, and the Wild Mage surged. I used the d10000 surge chart and it summoned a Sphere of Annihilation. They are about to enter his castle for the final battle... How can Strahd make the most of his new toy?
>>
>I used the d10000 surge chart
If you actually, seriously use that chart in game, kindly end yourself. You are cancer.
>>
P.S. They had a small battle where Strahd took it with him through a portal created by his Nightmare.
>>
>>52417792
Noted. Why? I'm relatively new, only been at it about 2 years. It's my first dm session.
>>
>>52417839
>5e Strahd
Ugh.
>Cut off land with limited spell access
Look, I'll be honest here, if he falls into that, he comes out a vestige, not coffin return, anything, PC's win, fuck you DM, end of story.

The only way to ever win Ravenloft, no matter what the game is to pretend you're the Reincarnation of Sergei and KEK THE SHIT OUT OF THAT VAMPIRE AT EVERY TURN AND SHITTALK HIM FOR BEING OLD.

Nothing funnier.
>>
>>52417755
Ignore the grognard, there's nothing wrong with 5e, or with that d10000 whatever you mentioned (I've never heard of it) as long as you're having fun.

As for how Strahd can make use of his new toy...I'm not very familiar with the layout of Castle Ravenloft. But I presume there's a big ol' tower that's hollow down the middle but has a winding staircase on its ledge?

The Sphere is at the bottom, Strahd waits for the Heroes at the top. Once they're about halfway up, he starts flying and trying to knock them off so that they fall into the Sphere.

That's one thought, anyway.
>>
>>52417903
Hilarious. Never thought about that.

No one in the party can control it, and Strahd can easily. The way I see it, Strahd is gonna have measures in place to ensure he won't be killed with it. The 5e rules killed most of the power of the Sphere as well, so unless a person is stuck on it, it won't kill someone. Not crazy about that
>>
>>52417839
Because it's full of very questionable material
1) That does not fit serious campaigns, and does not fit Curse of Strahd atmosphere.
2) That's plain crazy and overpowered
3) Check the 0000 result. Go on, check it.
>>
>>52418020
That's a great idea. If they fall into it, I'd make that a death. Fuck the 5e rules. It's a black hole.
>>
>>52418113
>The nearest star explodes in a massive supernova

That sounds fun.

Why don't you like fun, Anon?
>>
>>52418113

You're right, the d10000 table is incredibly retarded and if you get something that remotely fits the campaign you should immediately go out and buy a lottery ticket.

But if you and your dudes are having fun, who cares?
>>
>>52418166
I wonder what other things seem fun to you. How about hitting your own balls with a hammer? Personally, I wouldn't advise it, but you seem to like playing stupid games.
>>
File: 000.jpg (85KB, 586x800px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
85KB, 586x800px
>>52418084
Also, it's a known fact ever since Orcus SURVIVED an encoutner with one, he can move them around as annoying stage hazards and charge them with zombies to FUCKING EXPLODE as per that thing you can do with a Sphere of annhillation and a rod of thingy, except with necrotic/negative energy type damage.

So have the Strahd Zombies be the day of the dead tier assholes they are as the party have to micromanage their undead flesh NOT sacrificing themselves into it to make it explode and TPK the lot as Strahd just get's healed by it.
>>
>>52418226
>Stop liking things I don't like: the post

Who doesn't want an 8 minute countdown to save the world?

(assuming your typical fantasy world is as far from its star as Earth is from Sol, that is)
>>
>>52418113
Lol, I guess that means DMs discretion

>>52418185
You're right, doesn't exactly fit the atmosphere. But I told them what it was gonna be before I made it happen, and I let them vote on it since it sounded OP. It was unanimous lol.
>>
>>52418280
>Day of the Dead
Return of the Living dead, FUCK.
>>
>>52418280
I don't think I follow, I wanna know more
>>
File: Orcus at Castle never.jpg (276KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Orcus at Castle never.jpg
276KB, 1024x576px
>>52418424
Once upon a fucking Time, being the fat successful maggoty-fuck he is, Orcus got his ass kicked by a cunt Drow deity, and fucking died, but he was obliterated in the fashion that rules the creation of a Shadow. Said shadow was born on the Astral Plane, the Place where the Deities are born, and given his Origins, it came back a Deity known as Tennebrous.

Tennebrous fucked off to some floaty ruins and found the Last word, a power word (if you ever played Neverwinter Nights 1 it's one of these bad boys) that might possibly be the Dweomer he cast waaaaaaay back when he was still human, killing everyone on his native plane, himself included, pissing off all the deities and causign the first undead to show up, hence the Title Prince of the Undead, or it's the thing that popped up when Ao said "get faith or die bitches" or the Old Ones (Lizardmen) made it.

Anyhow, Tennebrous went around killing the shit out of deities, the old Mind flayer deity, Primus and a few others with this power word, but using it was also killing him, and as a shadow he had even less time, and because he's a self-absorbed fatass he want's to be ORCUS THE DEITY not Tennebrous, so he tries to get is wand back which is hidden by the faggot Drow bitch that killed him. Then a bunch of Adventurers come along and somehow punt him into a sphere of annihilation, ending him permanently.

Except his wand still exists, so Orcus comes back from the dead as the Old Demon Lord he was, after a ritual and a sycophantic follower finds it, he then punishes sellouts to the drow bitch (who got eaten by Lloth I think) and as a nifty bonus from getting his decaying divinity obliterated into a Vestige, he can now Control Spheres of annihilation and charge them up by making zombies charge them up and explode, and in addition to his brush with death has more "undead-like" qualities than before, switching between his dead-looking goatpigman form and the living one you see depicted in certain bits of art.
>>
File: ROD_Orcus_WallpaperThumb.jpg (318KB, 870x490px) Image search: [Google]
ROD_Orcus_WallpaperThumb.jpg
318KB, 870x490px
>>52418424
But, basically, opposed to the SHEER EFFORT it takes to move and control Spheres of Anhhilation, Orcus can now do it at DANGEROUS speeds, and control MULTIPLE SPHERES AT ONCE.

This if of course topping off Orcus'
>Lichspam
>Wraithspam
>Death Knight spam
>Vampire Spam
>Necromancer Spam
>Undead Spam
>Ghoul King, if he ever got back in his graces because shitty Gnoll stole him
>Fucking Bonemail Power Armour, dubbed the Juggernaught
>His fucking old sword he used as a Balor before becoming a Uniquer Demon Lord
>His kids
>His spells
>A shitload of crap that needs to be archived of it's own rights.
>How hard he is to beat betting buffed by any of the above
>Multiplying this by how much of it he as
>Mortal Followers/Thralls

Largest problem with Demon lords in D&D is that looking up their long-term appearances, magical items, minions and stated things in their domains, they're effectively "beat this nigga quick before you die." Demogogron for example is almost nigh impossible to beat unless he's in an Enclosed space with you, and that's only if you don't piss it off enough for it to collapse the ceiling or Demonspam you to death, infact you'll end up browsing through every introduced Demon before you even get close to him theoretically, and death by him ends with you becoming larvae, as it has the secret to turning people into the stuff without them being CE.
>>
Anyhow, yeah, at some point have a Strhad zombie Grapple aplayer only for the player to throw it into the Sphere of Anhhilation to Charge it, Strahd, with his knowledge of necromancy should put two and two togther and figure out his best chance in the fight is to make it explode. As these are Strahd Zombies which never, ever, ever, fucking die, it becomes hard as shit for This to NOT charge, so it's a race against time to dust a vampire, not charge a Sphere of anhhilation with Negative energy, and possibly put the vampire in the Sphere and cause it to explode.

Then Sthrad Dies for good, Ravenloft is saved! Unless the Deities put him back on the earth, because if anyone but him got Strahd Zombies, Like Orcus, all shit is fucked.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.