[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mtg Amonkhet General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 502
Thread images: 87

Mtg Amonkhet spoilers
>do you think Amonkhet will help/hurt Standard?
>Ideas on cards to be spoiled
>wrapcaster mage?
>What will the master pieces be?
>>
File: %22%22%22%22.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
%22%22%22%22.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>52410643
>not "Seuss Sense"/"Memes yield the truest insight"
>>
>>52410829
>Sixth Seuss/Memes yield the dankest memes
>>
File: Gideon-Martial-Paragon.jpg (48KB, 350x434px) Image search: [Google]
Gideon-Martial-Paragon.jpg
48KB, 350x434px
>the plainswalker deck Gideon is actually good
The real one might be busted.
>>
>>52411223
This feels like a trap. Untap and +1/+1 sounds good, but if you're doing this turn 5, unless you can kill your opponent with that, then you're opening yourself up for the crackback. And since its sorcery speed, you can't use it to mess with combat math or to make your blocks more favorable.

Would you play a 5-mana enchantment that says "Creatures you control have "When this creature attacks, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn""?
>>
Basic lands appreciation time
>>
>>52411697
How do I eat this with no sauce?
>>
>>
>>
The swamps are gorgeous.
>>
>>
>>
>>52411445
In the context of this set, it's a bit stronger. You can start Exterting for free while giving your things some juice before combat.

Super hypothetical, but: Turn 4 blow all your Extert, opponents turn they assume everything stays tapped and they're safe, turn 5 untap everything + some juice + extert again and you're looking good. Obviously that seems like a la-la land situation where your opponent isn't doing much, but if the Extert bonuses are as good as this then I can see it.

Plus, 5/5 inscrutable for (4)W (splashable) is at least in the top half of standard plainswalkers.

There's: Regular Gideon, Lili, Chandra, I guess BfZ Nissa...? Rai is shit without her kitty.
>>
>Wizards will never ever drop the "full art lands are premium" meme and just make them fully available in every set.

So much beautiful art is wasted in the fucking lands because they have to stick that fucking ugly border that covers 50% of the card.
Why the fuck can't they just make every single land full art and let us enjoy the art
>>
>>
>>
So how does this plane get fucked up in the end?
>>
>>52411797
I heard that there will be one Full-Art land in one out of every 4 boosters. It would be cool if the art was of the basic lands instead of an exclusive, and they did it with every set. Fuck, i want image related as a full art land.
>>
>>52411855
>3:1 - Gatewatch shenanigans
>5:1 - Phyrexian Invasion
>12:1 - All According to plan
>30:1 - Something new and original
>>
>>
>>52411855
Bolas says "FUCK THIS." and just dumpsters it.
>>
>>
>>52411788
>You can start Exterting for free while giving your things some juice before combat.
No. Exert only works while you declare attackers, and Gideon's ability only untaps, it doesn't give vigilance. You won't be able to both pump your team and get around paying for exert.
>>
File: 1358535887239.jpg (663KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1358535887239.jpg
663KB, 1200x900px
>>52411855
>>52411881
>yfw the Gatewatch has ruined more planes than it has saved.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Done.
>>
>>52411913
I didn't say it works like vig, meant the card untaps like normal. You don't get any of the negative effects of Extert.

So when your opponent turn 4 things all your shit is still tapped next untap (untaps turn 6), your turn 5 Gideon drops in and +2's
>>
>>52411981
Thanks Anon. Looks pretty good.
>>
>>52411913
The ONLY cost of exert is that they don't untap in *next untap phase* Any other means of untapping them still works fine.
>>
>>52411981
Forgot the pic.
>>
File: 0422.png (210KB, 599x457px) Image search: [Google]
0422.png
210KB, 599x457px
>yfw Desert and desert twister aren't reprinted
>>
>>52411747
Doesn't really matter since the new frame is horrible, especially compared to old foils with the shooting star.
>>
>>52412018
>tfw no camel reprint.
>>
>>52410643
I don't play mtg.
Any way to abuse this by damaging yourself repeatedly for card draw?
>>
>>52412057
give it unblockable, skulk, etc. you'll figure it out.
>>
>>52412057
>57 â–¶
>>>52410643 (OP)
>I don't play mtg.
>Any way to abuse this by damaging yourself repeatedly for card draw?

Nope, because it's combat damage only and you can't do combat damage to yourself. It's not curiosity, which is any form of damage.

You should get 2 cards off it if you hit a double striker though? One for first strike damage one for regular damage.
>>
Spoilers begin when?
>>
File: Image (2).png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).png
134KB, 223x311px
>>52412108
RIGHT NOW HOLY SHIT
>>
>>52412108
A few days ago.
>>
>>52412057
Well it's combat damage so if you're still wanting to damage yourself not unless you stick it on an opponent's creature
>>
>>52411718
So far my favorite.

>>52411892
Second best.
>>
>>52412174
You have literal shit for taste.
>>
>>52412057
nope. combat damage can only happen once a turn, twice if you ive the creature double strike, which is challenging.

the best thing you can do is make your creature hard or impossible to block.
thankfully drawing an extra card each turn is an extremely powerful effect in MtG so you'll have enough justification and reward to get that working and protect it.
>>
>>52411881
I'll put 100 memebucks on Keikaku.
>>
I can't wait to see how far and unnaturally they force their SJW nonsense in this set. At least it takes place on a plane where black people everywhere makes sense this time.

Bolas and Ugin are the same being, Ugin is just the true Bolas soul seperated from his body. Bolas is male, Ugin is female(male). The resolution will be Ugin merging back with Bolas, realizing his true form. The gatewatch will accept and applaud this
>>
>>52412730
kids card games a lil too complex for ya bud?
>>
>>52412730
Wait, what are they pushing for this set?
Is it We Wuz
>>
>>52412810
It's an entire plane of We Wuz, mummykins, and transdragons.

Hopefully, if the Gatewatch keeps doing what they do, they'll ruin this plane as well.
>>
>>52412810
We have yet to see what they're pushing this time.
>>
>plane full of blacks
>new keyword Exert means faking an injury to get time off work

Never change Wizards.
>>
>>52412833
>ruin this plane as well.
Pretty sure the we wuzs are way ahead of the gatewatch on that
At least if it was realistic
>>
>>52412810
Does it matter? You'll find a molehill one way or another.
>>
>>52412867
>Vigilance, a White keyword, puts them back to work

WIZARDS
>>
>>52412006
One of the few good lands in the set. If the rest of these lands are indicative of anything, it seems we're going to have a repeat of Kaladesh were instead of exploring the whole plane both sets will be focuses 95% in one city.
>>
File: 1490098942916.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1490098942916.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>52412880
>>
>>52412780
Differing opinions a lil too complex for ya bud?

>>52412810
The only topic they haven't touched, and would be too taboo, is a whole plane of heteronormative well adjusted people. It would be a plane with little to no strife so thats why we haven't seen it.

>>52412880
black should get the most cards with menace, red gets the lions share though. Fear was black -> intimidate was black and red -> menace goes mostly to red, not black. WotC is doing all they can to make black people seem great, women too. There is a massive disparity in representation and actual population or even their customer base.

Take note of the cards they spoil, if there is a person on it, odds are it will be a black woman.
>>
Hol up.
>dragons/gods are ascended, divine beings that no moral can match
>mortals can only exist in servitude, because that's their place in life
>the entire plane is a rigid class-structure system
>all the mortals are black
>the last thing the gatewatch did was start a plane-wide revolt because of some gov't agency attempting to prevent the spread of illegal product

We wuz slave revolts and shiet.
>>
>>52412950
Getting real tired of this whole "rah rah, fight the powah" bullshit.

>but to win you've got to hope for a magical superhero squad to save you, because you can't do it yourself
Gotta believe in the you, yo.
>>
>>52410643
>Mtg Amonkhet spoilers
>>do you think Amonkhet will help/hurt Standard?
If the Dusk/Dawn card is real, then it will probably hurt Standard since Mardu Vehicles can play it and not be punished for using it.

Also WotC said that they still haven't fixed the "weak answers / strong threats" dynamic with this set, so undoubtedly things will get much worse before they get better. Also, based on the commons and uncommons we've seen, this set looks like it might not be hyper strong. We will see.

>What will the master pieces be?
They're called Invocations and will probably be sorceries/instants. I think this is the set where we start to get shitty masterpieces.
>>
>>52412128
Wow new card
>>
>being surprised at black people in an Egypt set

What.
It's literally just "we want the Yugioh audience: the set"

Why is this a surprise?
>>
File: d2dm.jpg (2MB, 2740x2538px) Image search: [Google]
d2dm.jpg
2MB, 2740x2538px
i'm pretty disappointed with the way they formatted dusk/dawn. here are some alternate versions i made.
>>
>>52412950
>the last thing the gatewatch did was start a plane-wide revolt because of some gov't agency attempting to prevent the spread of illegal product
Uh huh.
>>
>>52412950
Don't forget that they crashed an aircraft into a large structure
>>
>>52411912
>>52411931
>"Urban" """Islands"""

I fucking hate this shit.
>>
>>52413018
because the block with the traps was the "we want the yugioh audience: the set". This set just furthers WotC's inane love of fighting established power structures. They had to have a revolution on a plane before this, led by a woman who's child didn't look like the rest of the people she was from and who is essentially the living embodiment of fury. Now they need to destroy a plane that has a caste system just because Bolas runs it (a being so out of depth in power his motives are still unknown).

They are fucked in the head with SJW nonsense. All the gatewatch does is show up somewhere, wreck the ever living shit out of the system set in place for stability, then fuck off to do it somewhere else. We are just told that everything is better afterward even though millions die and suffer as a direct result of their actions. And it is seen as righteous for some reason.

They are drinking their own koolaid. By the gallon.
>>
>>52412810
URZA WAS A BLACK MAN
LURN YO HISTORY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yet2Q0M32GQ
>>
>>52413104
You're a faggot
>>
>>52413108
Well, actually the Gatewatch is a metaphor for US foreign policy for the last 60 years, but your interpretation could work too.
>>
>>52412950
Aren't mortals of Amokhet Bolas fanatics anyway?
>>
>>52410643
R34 of the chick on Sixth Sense when???
>>
>>52413104
Well, you blue players are never happy, so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>52413128
It would be neat if Bolas on amonkhet is like Darkseid on Apokolips
>>
>>52413104
>Venice.jpg

Blue players are literally retarded.
>>
>>52413108
>woman who's child didn't look like the rest of the people she was from and who is essentially the living embodiment of fury

Who was this? I don't read the comic books..
>>
>>52413126
It could be, but I assure you that WotC just sees them as "freedom fighters". The problem comes from them fucking up everything they do and only sowing destruction in their wake.

>>52413121
>>52413142
Why can't the island be a picture of an island? an aqueduct or waterfall is not an island, its water. Blue uses islands because of the isolation inherent, not that there is water around.
>>
File: download (7).jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>52413142
>>
File: Cathartic Reunion.jpg (140KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Cathartic Reunion.jpg
140KB, 1200x675px
>>52413160
I believe he means this.
>>
>>52413160
Chandra. She is a fair skinned ginger, from a plane of indian looking people who have an obvious Indian theme: Trains everywhere in the shapes of elephants and rhinos. She ends up being the savior of her plane (thru her mother). So in the end you have a white woman being the savior to a race of muds, saving them because they can't save themselves.

And I'm sure WotC doesn't even see it.
>>
>>52413114
Mishra was a rampant Islamaboo tho.
>>
>>52413188
>disgusting unfinished metal texture

Gross.
>>
>>52413298
i know what you're saying, but if you look at the art it's pretty obvious that the most finished area is the mother's face, with chandra's face being a close second. most of the background elements, clothing, and ornamentation are softer, less refined, and less detailed.

this method effects your eyes and makes it a lot harder for you to maintain focus on anything but the key focal points (the faces). it's a smart way to reinforce the already strong composition and visual hierarchy. also when you are making a piece that will usually be seen at 1/30th size it doesn't payoff to worry about the minutia.
>>
It'd be nice if the Gatewatch rocked up only to find that everyone on the plane loves Bolas and there is no resistance for them to fight alongside in their neverending search for oppression to defeat.
>>
>>52413175
How man on a plane manifests in a plane on the lands is different from place to place. Not every plane needs super tall dangerous mountains, edgy gross swamps, equal lateral planes, secluded empty islands, generic tree forests.
>>
>>52413427
Yeah you're right, but all we get are cityscapes in general color hues of their respective elements. After the Ravnica lands they didn't even bother trying to do a good idea, they just kept redoing Ravnica without there being a reason for a sprawling cityscape of red or blue or eggshell (even white can't be white now). It made sense for Ravnica, a plane of nothing but cityscape. It just feels lazy in other planes.
>>
>>52413142
>Just realized all those towers are basically the same, only stretched to different proportions.
Ruined.
>>
>>52413503
I think it just comes down to the last few planes we've been on (besides Innistrad and Zenidkar) doesn't really have a vast ocean scene to make really island islands off of. There are a few that fit your description from Tarkir, but yeah they've definitely had an environmental shift recently.
>>
Does anyone know what time the Masterpiece Invocations are being sppiled today? Any sleculations on what they will be themed?
>>
Given all the Menace cards black seems to be getting recently, how viable do you think a GB (green to get access to Sixth Sense and that GB board wipe, amongst other things) "you can't block me" deck be?
>>
>>52413046
Loss edit when
>>
>>52413018
How? Yugioh hasn't been about Egyptian stuff for years. It's going to cyber space now after having done aliens, time travel, dimensional wars, and whatnot.
>>
>>52413568
If you think this is just a short term trend and that the ship will right itself you are sadly mistaken. WotC has shown a marked desire to push terrible ideas and reuse anything even mildly successful ad nauseum until you like it or quit. They don't care either way. In the last 3-4 years the mechanics have been overall lazy, they keep retreading the same SJW stance on any and all planes they visit, they have had problems spelling words right or keeping color balance even. And now there are R and D concerns with so many cards needing banning due to power, or obvious combos that they missed in their 2 years of testing it before hand.

They have turned into a joke, but are in the "too large to fail" category. Thats why they went so hard with the SJW angle, it immunizes you from actual criticism, while you attack those that had those valid concerns.

Its totally fubared. And its a game for teens. Think about that.

>>52413642
All the monocolored commands will be there, just as an excuse to reprint cryptic again.

>>52413662
That is the angle for the new bogles in standard. They print a whole slew of menace guys in Kaladesh and now they are printing some pushed auras to slap on them. You even have enough cheap tricks to simulate the hexproof of traditional bogles. Again, they just try to retread old things that worked.

Remember when people complained about the kikijiki combo being so complete in cube online? well they removed 1 useless part of its toolbox and added the copycat combo in there wholesale. There is no reason to "bank" on it coming together now, you just need any 1 piece to go infinite almost. Its a joke of a meta they've made. And they admit they don't know how to fix it.
>>
>>52413188
>I don't even know this kid
>>
>>52413820
At least she's friendly.
>>
>>52413188
How is Chandra so pale being child to two brownies?
>>
>>52410643
So you think it's possible to hurt standard any more?
>>
>>52414078
Reverse Cuckold.
>>
File: Amonkhet-Art-01.jpg (153KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet-Art-01.jpg
153KB, 1200x900px
So judging from the pyramids in the lands, Cat Woman is white.
>>
>>52414078
Kiran a white dude
>>
File: Pia-and-Kiran-Nalaar.jpg (252KB, 1100x830px) Image search: [Google]
Pia-and-Kiran-Nalaar.jpg
252KB, 1100x830px
>>52414078
her dad seems pretty pale, and while rare there are ginger indians.

However I am kind of annoyed that Pia has a Roman nose in one picture, a Greek nose in another, and a hooked nose in another.
>>
>>52414187
I am bad at magic, please explain to me why Pia and Kiran sees play but whirler rogue does not
>>
File: Amonkhet-Art-02.jpg (127KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet-Art-02.jpg
127KB, 1200x900px
>>52414177
Birdman is blue.
>>
File: Amonkhet-Art-05.jpg (156KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet-Art-05.jpg
156KB, 1200x900px
>>52414177
>>52414224
Slytherin is green.
>>
>>52413728
>That is the angle for the new bogles in standard. They print a whole slew of menace guys in Kaladesh and now they are printing some pushed auras to slap on them. You even have enough cheap tricks to simulate the hexproof of traditional bogles.

Question is, do you go GB or RGB?
>>
>>52414222
while they are both 4cmc 2/2s that come with 2 1/1s, whirler rogue is blue which doesnt really play as many creatures, and pia and kiran are red which like having more creatures, also whirler only taps an enemy creature while pia and kiran deal damage to kill a creature permenantly.
>>
>>52414222
Whirler rogue was the one from origins right? I would guess not being standard playable has a big effect. And Pia and Kiran is an artifact focused seige-gang commander. Face is always the place.

Making things unblockable by using your own assets can still backfire. Using your own assets to just dome someone and win the game usually works out better. It cuts out the combat phase entirely.
>>
File: Amonkhet-Art-03.jpg (112KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet-Art-03.jpg
112KB, 1200x900px
>>52414177
>>52414224
>>52414246
Crocodile Dundee is black.
>>
>>52414224
who would have thoth

(this joke makes sense in original pronunciation)
>>
>>52414246
>So why are we on guard?
>To defend our Snake God, duh.
>I get that, but why does he need us?
>What do you mean?
>I mean he's 15 stories tall and is a divine being. Surely any threat we're able to stop he could easily crush.
>Listen, we get paid plus dental to do nothing. Just play along.
>>
>>52414255
>>52414256
Fanks
>>
>>52414249
Neither. You don't play standard. That is the only winning move. Standard is a fucking joke right now and WotC has shown that they don't know how to make it not garbage for the foreseeable future.
>>
File: Amonkhet-Art-04.jpg (144KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Amonkhet-Art-04.jpg
144KB, 1200x900px
>>52414177
>>52414224
>>52414246
>>52414266
And Ding Dong is red.
>>
>>52414271
Hyuck hyuck hyuck.

I liked the joke.
>>
>>52414079
Oh baby yes.
>>
>>52414273
Are the gods that big? I sure hope so.
>>
>>52414177
The creature types alone give it away (cat, bird, snake, crocodile, and jackal)
>>
>>52414078
Her dad's a fuckin mighty whitey
>>
>>52414327
Well the Theros gods were ridiculous in stature. If you look at Purphoros art, he is literally towering over a mountain range.
>>
So what did all you faggots think of Mirage and Visions?
>>
>>52414431
I like Vampiric Tutor.
>>
>>52410643
dafuq is this doing in green?
>>
>>52414290
I would have though thematically that

the Cat would be white (Sekhmet god of the rising sun)
the Bird would be blue (Thoth god of knowledge and writting)
the Jackal would be black (Anubis god of mummification, graveyards, and Funerals)
the Snake would be red (Wadjet god of protector of pharoes? maybe this one doesnt work for red)
the Crocodile would be green (Sobek god of the nile, of crocodiles, and of nature in general if you stretch the meaning of the word for nile in ancient egyptian)
>>
>>52414486
Creature-based card draw is part of greens color identity as of the last couple years.
>>
>>52414486
they have been trying to expand card draw to all of the colors because it is such a powerful effect

white gets shafted
blue gets filtering and straight up card draw for a discount
black gets to pay life to draw a lot of cards
red get "you may play this card this turn" effects
Green gets to either sac creatures or hit with creatures to draw cards
>>
>>52414493
They're using the magic creature types to mix it up a bit. Jackals are always red and crocodiles are mostly black.
>>
>>52414574
I guess, i just hope they dont completely butcher the gods like they did in theros.
>>
>>52414566
They are testing the waters with white card draw. Sram was a big step forward.
>>
>>52414493
You might be right. I was just basing these off of the pyramids from the land art.

>>52411735
>>52411763
>>52411832
>>52411912
>>52411952
>>
>>52414503
>>52414566
Thanks m8s.

I'm all for green, and other colors getting more card draw. I'd just never seen this sort of thing outside of blue.
>>
>>52414604
you're setting yourself up for disappointment
>>
File: breathstealer.jpg (17KB, 382x308px) Image search: [Google]
breathstealer.jpg
17KB, 382x308px
>>52414431
First Golden Age of Magic, right there.
>>
Just checked the spoilers. Is gravedigger a reprint? He remids me of an older card I used to have before I gave all my stuff away.
>>
>>52414687
Yes
>>
>>52414687
Might as well get myself a playset then. The older variant was the first card I ever owned.
>>
>>52414687
So far there's been 4 reprints out of the 22 cards spoiled dunno how many more are there going to be.
>>
>>52414431
I started with mirage. Dem feels.
>>
>>52414604
Remember, it's only based on Egypth mythos, they don't want to actually copy-paste their gods.
>>
>>52413009
Ugh. Full art foil Force of Will or Cryptic Command. I dislike the "Masterpiece" cards. Rather than putting lotto tickets in packs they could just give us better cards in general.
>>
>>52413046
>Dusk // Dawn // Day

WE CAN GO DEEPER
>>
>>52414940
>// Midday //Evening // Dusk
>>
>>52414898
>Ugh. Full art foil Force of Will or Cryptic Command. I dislike the "Masterpiece" cards. Rather than putting lotto tickets in packs they could just give us better cards in general.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm not exactly plussed by any of the Masterpieces, and they look all over the place aesthetically. I'm sure they will do stuff like Damnation too.

Really, they are just running out of space to do high value cards. There are only so many card types.

4 years from now, what are we going to have - Masterpieces: 1 mana creatures?

>>52414431
>So what did all you faggots think of Mirage and Visions?
Mirage block was awesome. I think it's a great example of using a culture's folklore without inserting "diversity".
>>
>>52415028
>4 years from now, what are we going to have - Masterpieces: 1 mana creatures?
And the real crime will be by that time Savannah Lions won't even make the cut.
>>
Masterpiece spoilers when?
>>
>>52414177
>>52414224
>>52414266
>>52414290
>>52414246
But what if shards?
>>
>>52415539
3 PM PST/6 PM EST
>>
File: my choices.jpg (122KB, 457x625px) Image search: [Google]
my choices.jpg
122KB, 457x625px
>>52413046
My favorites of your edits
>>
>>52413046
the second one is objectively beatiful and way better than the first.
>>
>>52415623
>But what if shards?
Pls no
>>
>>52415657
Do you honestly prefer mono-colored?
>>
>>52415623
Why have shards when you could have wedges?
>>
>>52415623
>>52415657
>>52415675

They have already said in one of their information notices that the gods will be mono-colored.
>>
>>52415713
>>52415675
>>52415657
>>52415623
you foolish fools 4 colors is the way!
>>
>>52415675
Hell yes. shards or multicolor focused sets fuck with manabases in the wrong way. People just end up playing 4-5 color jank midrange. Having to restrict yourself to 2 colors gives a much better meta overall. You will have weak spots that opposing decks can exploit and vice versa. Deck construction and tweaking is a skill in the game, a skill that is being atrophied from mana bases allowing you to just play all the rares.dec

Not realizing the focus on so much multicolor is an inherent problem with the way they've been designing sets is a WotC problem, same with fucking with the color pie to the extent they have been. I would have thought the players would have seen this themselves though.
>>
>>52414972
>No Tierce
shiggy
>>
>>52415717
Source?
>>
>>52415736
>four color
>when five gives more options
>and three is more stable

you own fetches, right?
>>
I sure hope there will be Asians and Blonde, pale white people on Amonkhet.
>>
>>52413046
They're all shit.

The official one is good.
>>
>>52414486
Go back to bed grandpa.
>>
File: 1440352659242.png (5KB, 263x155px) Image search: [Google]
1440352659242.png
5KB, 263x155px
>>52415837
>The official one is good.
>>
>>52415837
The official one is absolute garbage, as are the edits. They should have just went with the fuse double cards but give the "cast from graveyard" side a different border like how miracles had. All they had to do was take fuse off it and add the new ability. They went for the most obtuse version of what they could have done.

Its only a matter of time before they print cards that need bases to stand on and its essentially hero clix with each card facing having an ability that the player "facing" the card has to play by. Screencap this post for future posterity.
>>
>>52415792
i am not him, but all the cards spoilered so far are monocolor. they usually try to showcase honestly what the set is about in the first spoilers.
>>
>>52415759
The players don't give a fuck as long as they get to play with the strongest shiniest toys.
People here practically beg for power creep.
>>
>>52415936
I've been playing since Odyssey block. I have seen power creep first hand. I've seen power redistribution, I've seen the color pie get butchered, I've seen keywords put out to pasture.

This is the worst era magic has ever been in, fuck what a sales sheet says. The game is conceptually bankrupt at this point. I thought they would run out of names for cards before they ran out of mechanics. I don't see adding new card types like planeswalkers being the solution either. Yeah it opens up design space but forces already existing design space to restrict itself around the new mechanics involved.

Magic will move down the road of Warhammer, with the players whittling away at the company creating the game and creating their own superior version. They gave us the rules, we can create better sets using those rules without having to gut everything that defined it like WotC is doing.
>>
>>52415936
This.
It's confirmed by MaRo's "storm scale" articles

>talking to a guy at FNM
>mention that I I would have preferred Fatal Push to not work with fetches for a near guaranteed 4-drop removal
>could have promoted swapping worse elements from the usual pool of hyper-costed 2-drops with more impactful 3-drops
>"dude, I wish it just hit 4-drops without Revolt"
>"WotC isn't that crazy"
>"sure, but I'd pay for that card"
>>
>>52415675
yes, to be honest.
It's fun every few sets, but it's been happening too often for my taste.
>>
Honest question.

What's the point in commons if they're not playable after they're opened in a pack?
>>
>>52416171
for use in the best format: draft
>>
>>52416183
>after they're opened in a pack?
>>
File: 1469491081358.png (46KB, 180x209px) Image search: [Google]
1469491081358.png
46KB, 180x209px
>>52416171
Can't win the lottery every time, can you now?
>prints another format-defining card in Mythic
>>
>>52416171
So you have something to sharpie your proxies for the mythic rares until you save up enough to get scalped by the secondary market.
>>
>>52415824
This.
They set a precedent with Innistrad and especially Theros. Can't wait.
>>
>>52415824
>>52416288
White "people" aren't diverse, senpai.
>>
>>52416171
pauper is fun, and some commons are actually just the best in their class (this is rare)
>>
>>52416171
I feel like pauper is the correct answer to this question, but Wizards hates Pauper.
>>
>>52416328
>>52416333
The problem is that WotC has decided rarity needs to indicate card complexity. Most of the cards a good pauper deck revolves around come from before this time, when a commons were allowed to have a decent power level.

There's a good reason Pauper plays out like a slower Legacy, rather than a slower Modern.
>>
>>52413159
None of these show the sea, they're just a shitty aqueduct
>>
>>52416311
But Asians are. If there are only brown/black in this Egyptian world I'm gonna throw a tantrum and shitpost until my fingers bleed.
>>
>>52416376
>The problem is that WotC has decided rarity needs to indicate card complexity

Sometimes wotc just decides rarity = power which is really a shame. Seedsculptor is a recent green common that can allocate counters and be a 2/3 for 2 mana. However Verdurous "mom i need 4 of them" Gearhulk has EXACTLY the same mechanic as this common but it's way undercosted so it needs to be mythic teehee
>>
>>52416435
I sincerely hope you do, that sounds fucking hilarious.

>>52416376
>Pauper plays out like a slower Legacy, rather than a slower Modern.
Dude that sounds fun as fuck, where do I start.
>>
Oh boy
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/846810123444109313
Who ready for new Masterpieces
>>
>>52416497
Ultra Ghost Yugioh rares make me ill

I wish WotC would stop
>>
>>52416171
What's the point of your ticket stub after you see the movie?

If you're opening a pack for any reason other than limited you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>52416522
I would be ok with them if they trash the mythic rarity concept and make only commons, uncommons, rares and masterpieces (slightly more rare than mythics)
>>
>>52416526
The entire appeal of Limited is that you get to keep the cards. If the cards are worthless, what's the point?
>>
>>52416641
To play the game as "intended" (by WotC). Also, to socialize. Also, to win store credit for real formats.
>>
>>52416610
i would be ok with them if we got actual reprints

>>52416641
fun
>>
>>52416480
Pauper is most popular on MTGO, if you already have mtgo i suggest looking up decks on MTGtop8 or another deck listing sight.

also its highly competitive, dont expect many jank decks.
>>
>>52415898
Pokemon already has that. And shit, magic can borrow from Yugioh and use the Link Mechanic (and make it functionally banding). Or straight up make up an extra deck. Hope you niggers like Synchro, XYZ and pendulum.

>>52416480
MTG Goldfish is a decent start, which gives you a rough idea of what the meta is. If you're playing in paper, just use the MTGO banlist and cardpool, it makes things easier. They're not joking when they say that it's a slower legacy either.
>>
>>52414078
there are some weird ass brownie aryans (indo-aryans?) around; this girl is iraqi
>>
>>52416641
>The entire appeal of Limited is that you get to keep the cards

I think that's completely wrong?

I think people like limited because everyone starts on equal-ish footing, test deck building skills, play around with mechanics that aren't good enough for constructed, and have fun.

But sure the entire appeal is "you keep them"

What are you even talking about?
>>
>>52416480
There's a pauper thread up, but the archived threads are more alive than it right now.
Otherwise the metagame list on mtggoldfish is reasonably accurate.

Kuldotha boros is the big thing right now. It's got a janky fucking card draw scheme that somehow works, and then it's just slapping/bolting face until victory, or casting Rally the Peasants twice into a win.
I'm still hopeful that Mortician Beetle boosts the Atog/Disciple version of Affinity.
>>
>>52416729
It's the entire appeal rather than just sitting down and playing Netrunner.
>>
>>52416769
I dunno then man I guess you are just retarded then

I've been to multiple LGS's where people even draft and don't keep the cards because it's a bit cheaper
>>
>>52416729
The appeal of limited is it is (should) be a different experience every time. The REAL reason people like limited is they all think they are better than the other 7 people at the table. They each in turn believe they have the best skills available to win a simple 3 match set. They all think this .That is why it took 20 years of drafting before the notion of not hatedrafting became the norm. People did this because it DID have an effect on your matches and only the best could pick up on if it was even happening to them.
>>
File: 13857641.jpg (12KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
13857641.jpg
12KB, 400x302px
>>52414972
//6 in the Morning
>>
>>52416171
Wizards Response:
>So players know what a bad card looks like by seeing obviously bad ones

Players response:
>Makes Draft more interesting

Real reason:
>So wizards can inflate the numbers in the set and make it less likely you'll get the card you need, so you buy more packs
>>
Reminder that Always Watching negates any and all downsides to the Exert mechanic. That 5 mana dragon? It can just spit 4 damage and attack every turn on top of the +1/+1 it gets.
>>
>>52416881
Theoretically it can bring down Heart so I'm totally down with it.
>>
>>52412868
Literally grow up
>>
>>52416934
No it can't.
>>
>>52412943
Lili and Gideon were the first things we saw.

Gate watch made up entirely of white cast + white Indian. Yet you still get upset when you see black people represented in...Egypt?
>>
>>52416966
Try to attack into Glorybringer then report results
>>
>>52416945
literally get woke and see what's going on
>>
>>52411892
That should have been a full art
>>
>>52417023
>Attack into their 4/4
>Our 4/4s trade
?
>>
>brick tokens
Neat. But can we fling them at anything?
>>
>>52416435
???? But diversity literally means "add more blacks and gays and transpeople" you shitlord
>>
>>52416497
>Amonkhet Invocations
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/daily-magic-update/update-2017-03-28

Ready for that Masterpiece Voice of Resurgence?
>>
>>52416998
Gideon, you mean the guy who looked like bruce willis for years before they retconned him to be a swarthy big nosed big lipped romanese fucker?
and
Liliana, you mean the necromancer that had another awesome character brutally assassinated as a part of a kneejerk reaction to perceived violence against women (when it was all her fault and Garruk was fully justified in wanting her dead)?

Yeah I can see how they would want to throw those characters out first. Remember how you described them and then how I described them and how the focus on them was taken in completely different ways.

You think its great because they are part of the gatewatch, I think it sucks because I remember what actions are made manifest by WotC thru those characters. You just suck at the teet while I use learned behavior to be wary.
>>
>inb4 the bird and crocodile gods are enemies because of a nasty break up insitgated by the snake god
>>
>>52417115
>Liliana, you mean the necromancer that had another awesome character brutally assassinated as a part of a kneejerk reaction to perceived violence against women (when it was all her fault and Garruk was fully justified in wanting her dead)?
I almost forgot about this.
Thanks for reminding me, I'm buying a playset now.

I wonder if they make posters.
>>
>>52417115
>caring about the ethnicities of fictional characters in a shitty setting for a children's card game

Learned behavior to be wary of what exactly, your feelings getting hurt?
>>
File: McRee.png (507KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
McRee.png
507KB, 800x800px
>>52416833
Maybe high noon
>>
>>52417242
Huh?
>>
>>52417229
If they don't have White and Asians in Amonkhet they just reveal their bias. I for one am exited.
>>
>>52417229
That my "children's card game" has those elements when it should by all rights not have ANY of it. How hard is that to understand? You can't shame me into thinking I am wrong when I am morally correct. Be as defensive and snarky as you need to be, it won't change my stance.

The fact that YOU accept these types of political virtue signalling in YOUR children's card game, then you are fucked. Proper fucked.
>>
>>52417280
So it is just petty spite, gotcha.
>>
>>52411735
>>52411763
>>52411832
>>52411912
>>52411952
I dig that each basic land got a variation with a God head
>>
>>52417316
I'm just curious for their excuses. It's a fantasy setting after all, right?
>>
>>52411981
how hueland got to spoil cards first?
devir doesn't have the power
>>
>>52417291
It's not your card game and you are not entitled to any rights about it's content

Wizards could print SatanNigger McFaggot as their next planeswalker and they still wouldnt have violated anyone's right so stop acting like the SJWs you hate you much by playing the victim
>>
Rank these mechanics from 1 to 10, 1 being terrible and 10 being fantastic:

Embalm
Exert
Bestow
Convoke
Cycling
Dash
Energy
Exalted
Investigate
Level up
Living weapon
Meld
Proliferate
>>
>>52414266
I wonder if the eternal horde of mummies under it is a clue that it's black aligned
>>
>>52417316
Yeah, petty spite from WotC. The consumer is only responding to the market. Inside reports are showing a massive drop in interest in the game (partly fueled by the "pro" scene complaining about any and everything). People don't want to spend their money on products from companies that think they are a social philanthropy agency instead of a hobby company.

>>52417403
I only called it my card game, complete with " so you would know I was doing it ironically you mongoloid idiot. I guess if I called it my (((children's card game))) would have made it mouthbreather level for you.

No one even brought up rights? why does it need to violate my rights for me to find it undesirable? Why does it need to be pushed so far before everyday consumers are allowed to just say no and it be a valid reason? Think about your mindset, think about what you peddle in your posts. I am not calling myself a victim, I am not claiming it is an attack against my person. I am saying, as a business model, it isn't a sound business strategy. And the longer they go down that road the harder it will be for them to reverse the damage. They may have already eroded away all goodwill they had just from the terrible R and D they have had the last 2 years.

But keep on conflating business with fee fees, its worked really well for you up to now. I suggest doubling down and calling me a cis shit, that will probably break me and get me in line.
>>
>>52415623
they could be anything for all we know
they could even be a boat
>>
>>52417537
Cycling, Evoke, Dash >>>>shit>everything else
>>
>>52417583
>he thinks exalted is bad

wew
>>
>>52417291
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>caring this much about there being shitskins in a fucking children's card game
kill yourself nigger
>>
>>52414631
Green's been getting creature-based card draw since Onslaught block fifteen years ago.
>>
>>52417546

The pros are right to complain, the game is shit.
>>
>>52417115
Garruk really got the short end of the stick. Because of that he'll never be a main character again. Hell, not even a side character I guess.
>>
>>52412909
Well, duh! The gatewatch can only be at one city at a time! How else are they going to exchange witty dialogue and quips with each other?
>>
>>52417537
>embalm
4/10. garbage but its better than the slew of cards that just came with their tokens every turn like brimaz and pyromancer. Token spam was getting to bad. Its still bad but its better
>Exert
Don't know it enough to score it
>Bestow
6. A good effort at making an underused cardtype valuable without just printing "draw cards" on all of them. Wording was janky at the time though.
>Convoke
9/10 I actually like the artifact version better. Reducing colored cost is too op.
>Cycling
10 out of fucking 10. Without cards that trigger off Cycling, it is as close to a perfect mechanic as you can get
>Dash
2/10. Bad ability but very on-theme for the set
>Energy
7/10. I'm just glad it stayed set specific. I thought we were entering a Brave New World. Glad I was wrong
>Exalted
5/10. created shitty stalemate board positions that relied on too many spot removal spells and steam roll games against the guy who didn't have it right then
>Investigate
1/10. Having the token be an artifact is all that saved this garbage mechanic.
>Level Up
4/10. crappy all around, but feels fun when it pays off
>Living Weapon
8/10. I just like the germ token and 0/1s are something special
>Meld
1/10. Rules nightmare. Anything with flip faces should be purged and never brought up again
>Proliferate
3/10. good mechanic brought down by terrible timing. Usually the added cost for the ability was cheap or nothing so it was almost always upside.
>>
>>52412108
spoilers week starts next monday.
>>
>>52417537
Embalm - 5, not terrible in concept but we have no idea how it looks in execution yet, will reserve bonus + or - based on how well it works with the creatures it's used on
Exert - 4, it's ok, not actively bad but pretty safe in terms of what it will be able to do and interesting choices it will force you to make
Bestow - 2, neat idea that exceptionally narrow in execution, as of now has been absurdly overcosted to the point of uselessness. The flashy payable rare to show off this keyword was a fucking vanilla creature with flash.
Convoke - 6, solid, can be easily reused and added to interesting effects. It's not particularly flashy but it gets the job done
Cycling - 8, very fun ability, the gempalms, lands, and bonus-when-you-cycles from Alara showed there is a lot of ways you can make the ability interesting. Serves a very functional purpose and benefits limited and constructed. Can be applied to every card type
Dash - 2, lame ability, barely used with any interesting comes-into-play effects, nothing interesting done with cost (like say a 1/1 with cheap dash but 4+ CMC, or totally different color dash being cheaper, or alternate cost dash, etc.)
Energy - 6, interesting ability, had lots of cool applications, we will see if Wizard's is too autistic to let it flavorfully fit into other blocks so it's less parasitic. Doesn't get a ton of points because it's a variant of counters
Exalted - 6, does work, pretty much the same feelings I have for Convoke
Investigate - 7, like cycling but not as good. Has neat synergy with affinity/cares-about-artifacts but that hasn't been explored design wise. Has lots of potential but nothing crazy yet
Level up - 1, terrible ability, pure anti-advantage, like an improved echo: slightly less shit, but still a penalty ability in concept
Living Weapon - 5, ok, very restricted design space. usually ends up as a negligible bonus or bonkers abusable (see Necropouncer vs. Batterskull)
>>
>>52417546
You claim a given aspect has no right to be in a game and moral superiority while giving no arguments to support it ( because you don't have one)

Your autistic fear of something threatening your idealology is best explaination for this irrational behavior.

You then try to fall back on it being bad business, which it very well may be, but that's irrelevant. You're the one throwing a tantrum about the colors of people on pieces of cardboard and then trying to spout bullshit about how a company has lost their way. Its also amusing that you think Im SJW and that calling me that would be a way to silence me, the very same tactic those cunts employ on their dissenters.
>>
>>52417784
cont.
Meld - 2, meh, explored at the most basic level. Choosing to restrict it to 1 common, uncommon, rare, and mythic pair makes it essentially unplayable in limited. Points for flavor only
Proliferate - 6, solid, same feelings as for Convoke and Exalted
>>
>>52412909
>Ravnica sold great, both times!
>lets just base every plane on there now
>but this plane is nothing like Ravnica
>fuck you, we'll just add some sort of lottery ticket of cardboard in the packs
>add more waterfalls coming out of those windows, and tint the whole thing blue. We need them to know they are islands.
>why not just make them islands?
>they weren't just islands in Ravnica were they?
>...no, but this isn't ravnica...
>so about the 2 color uncommons for the set, they need to be the guild colors and there needs to be exactly 1 per set
>>
Were the MTG Salvation Forums always such a white knight cuckshed?
>>
>>52417546
what fucking point are you even trying to make?
>>
>>52417826
You know any two color combination is a guild color, right?

You're right on every other point though.
>>
>>52417843

Nobody even posts there anymore.

Nobody posts anywhere about MTG except here. I actually think the hobby is a lot more dead than people think.
>>
>>52417865
the subreddit is still really popular
>>
>>52417843
no, they used to be people with less grasp of the rules than /tg
>>
File: C8CTbJmXwAAMF-w.png (122KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
C8CTbJmXwAAMF-w.png
122KB, 215x300px
https://twitter.com/usnwfu/status/846838914925121537/photo/1
>>
File: 1482712247614.jpg (45KB, 567x437px) Image search: [Google]
1482712247614.jpg
45KB, 567x437px
if I'm just starting out, should I build an EDH or a Standard deck?
>>
>>52417737
The germs are 0/0s though.
They die if you move the equipment.
>>
>>52415028
>>52415405

Eventually it will be full art foil creature tokens.
>>
>>52417537
>10
Dash. Great but didn't work because WotC was afraid of EtB and Attack effects. Raid was better
Exert. Prediction based on potential power from Vigilance or untap effects. It's just a question of how powerful the Exert cards Wizards prints are.
>9
Cycling. Works well for combo purposes, as it's a way to dump cards not supposed to be in hand. Kind of like Morph for spells, but better.
>8
Convoke. I prefer Delve or Affinity, but it works in the right setup. Strong when Wizards puts it on a worthwhile card.
>7
Embalm. Annoying or garbage. Only time will tell. I'm expecting the former, as a result of the potential power level.
Exalted. Very simple effect, works well in big creature decks. It's a bit like Bushido in that it just makes the combat math a bit more interesting than looking at two 4/5s that will bounce off each other.
>6
Energy. I liked the idea of a secondary resource, I liked the idea of unifying some of these tokens they keep making. I don't think it's panned out, or rather, Wizards hasn't printed enough Energy cards. Still, it's function on Voltaic Brawler is nice.
>5
Living Weapon. It doesn't do much. If Artifact creatures are halfway between Artifact and Creature, this is 1/4 Artifact and 3/4 creature. Or something along those lines.
>4
Investigate. Most people liked it, I didn't. It feels like the exact sort of thing that gets broken in the right scenario. It's artifacts and card draw locked behind a mana wall.
>3
Level Up. Slow and annoying to watch. Only works when removal isn't easily available.
Proliferate. Too specific to certain decks.
>2
Meld. Flavorful, but I don't care to see it again.
>1
Bestow. What was this supposed to do? It's a worse version of Totem Armor.
>>
>>52417924
No way. That can't be the design they chose
>>
>>52417924

Please tell me this is fake
>>
>>52417884
It's just a Wizards PR subreddit filled with fanbois and Mods banning/downvoting anything critical. It's a fucking sad joke.
>>
>>52417847
That WotC is harming their business in the long run for short term gain. The source of the bad business is just a topic that can't be discussed because people like
>>52417814
>>52417652
Cannot have a discussion on it. They get their world view hurt when they realize others don't want it. It actually harms them on the inside. Now people will turn it back on me in an attempt to vilify me. It won't work.

>>52417856
Yeah I knew when I typed it.

>>52417924
Jesus christ what the fuck is that? I thought those mew promos were for the pokemon game and only came out as a 1 off for a movie tie in 20 years ago? This is really what they went with?
>>
>>52417924
>took me 10 seconds to realize the text lines had actual english
clearly a photoshopped mess, that font is an abomination against nature.
>>
>>52417924
Fuck that actually looks awesome. The perfect amount of overdone. I love it.
>>
File: 129863761364.png (112KB, 483x392px) Image search: [Google]
129863761364.png
112KB, 483x392px
>>52417924
>>
>>52417052
>glorybringer attacks
>exerts
>4 damage to Heart

im not even the guy you were arguing with, but here's your (You) for being a fucking retard.
>>
>>52417978
>That WotC is harming their business in the long run for short term gain
they've been doing this for well over a decade.
>>
>>52417924
we pokemon now lads

At least they could buy a movie to get on though.
>>
>>52417924
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathes* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA
>>
>>52417070
>red instant that deals damage to target opponent equal to the number of brick counters of permanents they control, OR deals damage to target opponent equal to the number of brick counters of permanents you control

bls
>>
>>52418012
You know that it's not even a creature at that point right? Your opponent would have to crew it. Which he wouldn't.
>>
>>52417924
i-it will look better IRL because it's shiny!
>>
>>52417924
I'm not sure.
On the one hand, that's stupidly overdone.
On the other hand, it's so fucking stupdily overdone it may well have wrapped back around to being not stupid. This is Bolas's personal playground world after all.
>>
>>52418034
This. Looks like straight out of Yugi or Pokemon.
Also isn't the Maelstrom Alara specific?
>>
>>52417924
oh no
>>
>>52417924
who /buyingtotiltopponents/ here
>>
File: aven-mindcensor.png (172KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
aven-mindcensor.png
172KB, 265x370px
>>52417924
Theres more
>>
>>52418047
Brick Moron here we come.
>>
>>52418085

Definition of maelstrom

: a powerful often violent whirlpool sucking in objects within a given radius
tried to shoot the canoe across a stretch of treacherous maelstrom — Harper's

: something resembling a maelstrom in turbulence the maelstrom enveloping the country a maelstrom of emotions
>>
File: 1490377826006.jpg (152KB, 640x935px) Image search: [Google]
1490377826006.jpg
152KB, 640x935px
>>52418094
It's lIke looking at a car wreck
>>
File: dogbubble.gif (2MB, 395x313px) Image search: [Google]
dogbubble.gif
2MB, 395x313px
>>52417924
>>52418094
>Amonkhet "masterpieces"
>>
>>52417924
how odd.

Kaladesh had beautiful masterpieces. Though if these are this ugly, I would still take them if the cards themselves are good.
>>
File: 6568.jpg (352KB, 591x707px) Image search: [Google]
6568.jpg
352KB, 591x707px
>>52418094
I hope someone will lose his job because of this shit.
>>
>>52418108
The Roil is Zendikar specific even though the word roil is a real word. The Maelstrom Pulse was a specific thing from a specific plane. It being a goody outside the set means they can be from other planes and it not matter though.
>>
>>52418094
This isn't a spell?
>>
>>52412018
>>52412039
they wont do any throw back cards at all because NWO hates fun and doesnt want to confuse 12 year olds.
>>
>>52418012
Do you even know how vehicles work?
>>
>First set with a female lead designer
>It's an abomination before the Lord

Quelle suprise.
>>
>>52418094
>>52417924
Wait, you are serious? You can't be serious
>>
>>52417978
Not vilify you, refute you.
Let's go back to your earlier posts
>>52412730
>>52412943
>>52417115
>>52417280

Your entire rant has been about how mad you are that characters in the game don't look a given way and that somehow gives you sovereignty to tell a company how to make their game to better mold it in a way that YOU see fit. How can you not see the direct parallel between this and what SJWs do?

If business is bad, WotC will change. Easy as that. You're complaints about niggers do nothing to further that cause.
>>
File: fhoXRJO.png (184KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
fhoXRJO.png
184KB, 265x370px
>>52418094
>>52417924
Man...
>>
>>52418172
creatures are spells. Every card type except land are spells.

They've dropped any pretense of themes though, they are just straight up reprinting high demand cards now (after those cards have dropped in demand because they print cards that invalidate the entire deck the card went into, or banned so it has the same effect).
>>
>>52418208
These are all different people you mong.
>>
File: f2ani49f18oy.png (193KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
f2ani49f18oy.png
193KB, 265x370px
>>
>>52418208
Hey you got one of mine in all those relinks.
>>
File: 1364608905762.gif (2MB, 260x289px) Image search: [Google]
1364608905762.gif
2MB, 260x289px
>>52418215
>>52418244
>>
>>52418215
>>52418094
>>52417924
Looks like the Ancient Mew card from Pokemon. Jesus christ.
>>
Man these new expeditions may have some nice art but the frame is fucking garbage
>>
File: z74zzqtp18oy.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
z74zzqtp18oy.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
They keep coming
>>
>>52418215
>Pact of Negation

LEL Wizards can't even read their own Moon runes.
>>
>>52418264
>A FUCKING SCALE
>>
>>52418263
>commission new art
>cover it in the ugliest border
>ALL CAPS TEXT

No sense of right or wrong.
>>
File: uy4hakX.png (163KB, 234x326px) Image search: [Google]
uy4hakX.png
163KB, 234x326px
>>
RIP masterwork series, we hardly knew ye
>>
oh no
oh no
i was excited
oh no
>>
File: p9ncult028oy.png (258KB, 390x526px) Image search: [Google]
p9ncult028oy.png
258KB, 390x526px
So many counterspells
>>
>>52418208
No my entire posting sequence was general examples of how I think the company WotC is harming their product by making poor choices. The fact that all of those poor choices revolve around a single subject is sad but unrelated.

The reason I don't see a parallel is I am complaining online anonymously, then doing nothing but not spending my money on it. I am not going to the media about it, I am not shaming them into changing their minds, I am not urging others to conform to my viewpoint. I just stated various things that I don't like about the direction they are going and cited reasons why I didn't like it. Again, it hurts you in some form or fashion that I don't like it for reasons you are indifferent to. That again, isn't my problem, its yours. Sort yourself out.

>>52418231
Nah, except for the last one, they are all me. I type complete sentences and redditspace my thoughts, I'm easy to spot.
>>
The borders are too thick imo, they make the actual art look too small. Too much going on around what the actual card is. Also fuck the all caps and power/toughness layout
>>
>>52418244
>>52418215
>>52418094
>>52417924

the entire plane agrees that the concept is so cool and flavorful(those fonts are ok!), but the border is too big and blocky and orange and yu-gi-oh like.

the color matters.
the contrast of the blue ones makes them far better than the fucking maelstrom pulse puke border.

remember that IRL they will be foil and that might decrease the feeling of them being "boxed".
>>
File: Chain_Lightning_EN.png (186KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Chain_Lightning_EN.png
186KB, 265x370px
>>
>>52418323
Fake.
>>
>>52418323
That art doesn't counter the spell though. It creates a protective bubble around you to deflect it. That's more white than blue.
>>
File: 1357257279728.gif (1MB, 200x163px) Image search: [Google]
1357257279728.gif
1MB, 200x163px
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""masterpieces""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>52418323
>common masterpiece

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52418171
It being an actual word means they could theoretically print it in any set where they can have a maelstrom of some sort, without it being The Maelstrom
>>
File: Cryptic_Command_EN.png (172KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Cryptic_Command_EN.png
172KB, 265x370px
>>52418354
So is this white too?
>>
>>52418323
>common masterpiece

The fucking balls on these cheeky cunts man.
>>
>>52418327
And these poor choices are?
>>
>Counterspell over CRYPTIC COMMAND
>>
>>52418365
>expeditions
>masterpieces
>invocations

I don't envy the man that works at WotC that has to brainstorm buzzwords every set
>>
>>52418349
>pauper masterpieces
Neat.
>>
>>52411913
so are you bad at magic or bad at reading comprehension?
>>
>>52418264
>counterbalance!?
>>
See they problem here is, the frame not complimenting the Art at all.

It has a funky border that could give way to some interesting abstract art (Like maybe a primal interepretation of the card art) but instead it has that standard Dark, CG heavy art that populates most new magic cards...

Fuck, They dropped the ball on this one...
>>
>>52418264

I keep reading these as if they had !? in the end

COUNTERBALANCE!?
>>
>>52418376
is that art hideous or is it just the border making it look worse?
>>
File: 1490060927598.jpg (41KB, 886x487px) Image search: [Google]
1490060927598.jpg
41KB, 886x487px
>>52418383
>>
>>52418376
I have to read the rules text to know what these cards are.
>>
>>52417537
>Embalm
Can't comment yet
>Exert
Can't comment yet
>Bestow
5/10 too over costed to be wothwhile
>Convoke
10/10
>Cycling
10/10
>Dash
5/10
>Energy
1/10. Parasitic ability that has no use outside of that set.
>Exalted
8/10
>Investigate
6/10. I was pissed they ignored this ability in Eldritch Moon. It was an interesting mechanic, but with not enough support.
>Level up
1/10. To mana intensive. It makes no sense to level something up that will eat removal.
>Living weapon
10/10. Fucking metal.
>Meld
5/10. Not enough cards for me to decide. It would be interesting if more than one card can meld with each other.
>Proliferate
10/10. Perfection.
>>
>>52418343
>those fonts are ok
Nigga do you like not being able to read shit?

Look at the ammount of useless symbols at the side of the name and the type of card with the super cryptic font. It's fucking illegible.

I hope that they at least look good on paper.
>>
>>52411892
wow, that's a good one.
>>
Masterpieces so hideous they tilt your opponent
10/10 would play
>>
Someone make another thread before this one 404s
>>
>>52417924
Man they went WAY to artsy on this shit

>autismal x-box huge border
>funky ancient mew hieroglyphics
>ALL CAPS TEXT
>funky color borders on side
>power/toughness being vertical

I can't wait for the clown masterpieces in the next set. Hopefully they progressively get worse
>>
>>52418441
No, let it die. We don't need to spread these shit cards anymore than they already have
>>
>>52418423
the text is super readable. name and type are relative, given they are well known cards. i don't have particular trouble at reading them desu.
>>
>>52418415
>It would be interesting if more than one card can meld with each other.
>Return to Kamigawa features a whole host of legendaries that meld with one another
>instead of playing your own legendary to kill an opponent's, you play a legendary with a meld trigger to take control of your opponent's other legendary and give yourself a single, larger and nastier legendary

I'm disgusted but intrigued.
>>
>>52418447
Next masterpiece set is just the normal card with glitter elmer glued to it
>>
>>52418459

sorry anon, they are with us, forever....
>>
If they reprint Damnation again...
NOT LIKE THIS, NOT LIKE THIS!!
>>
>>52418382
sigh... They are focusing on virtue signalling to such an extent that they have obviously gotten lax on R and D, with their rampant bannings and lackluster mechanics that are just old mechanics done shoddily for "balance". Yes it includes all the things like pushing representation and making it the focal point of marketing instead of how fun the actual game mechanics can make playing the game enjoyable.

Why does it bother you so much that I don't think they are running their business optimally? rebuking me by saying I don't run a similar business is a logical fallacy, don't do it.

It bothers you because you know I am right, but don't want me to be right, and you cannot reconcile those opposing thoughts so you lash out instead.
>>
>>52418471
>judges get to make them before FNM packs are issued
>>
>>52418471
You forgot the googly eyes too
>>
>People hating on the Amonkhet MPS

>REEEEEE I WANT MY REGULAR GENERIC FULLART CARD THATS BEEN DONE 3000 TIMES IN THE PAST
>WHERES MUH GENERIC PREMIUM

Fuck you faggots. I think they look amazing if you think they are supposed to be extremely rare cards that you have very low chances of getting.
They look truly unique pretty much like the old FutureSighted cars.

You literal retards are just looking for excuses to get mad. Fuck you.
>>
>>52418505

Borders look god awful.
>>
>>52418505
>they are supposed to be extremely rare cards that you have very low chances of getting
Good because I sincerely don't want to pull this shit.
>>
>>52418398
The real killer is the centered text instead of left justified. It just looks amateurish. Its a bad sign when the overall consensus when they are revealed is that they are fakes because they look so shitty.
>>
>>52418505
unique doesn't mean good

these abominations are evidence of that
>>
>>52418471
Some have uncooked pasta glued on them. Edible cards really were part of their design meetings.
>>
>>52418215
>>52418244
>>52418264
>>52418323
>>52418376
>Expeditions - famous lands
>Masterpieces - famous artifacts
>Invocations - Iconic blue cards + random shit across every card type
>looks ugly as sin, even by Wizard's standards

I'm not sold on these being real
>>
>>52418505
t. proud owner of four FS foil goyfs
>>
>>52418447
>next set is RTR 2
>Ravnica Radiometeorographs
>power toughness numbers are reversed
>blue icons are black and so forth
>language on card is in ravnican and has to be decoded with a decoder ring
>no art
>completely random markings and scratches all over it
>>
>>52417924
god dammit please be fake.
>>
>>52418485
I don't have a problem with you thinking wotc is doing a bad job and I never said so. I even conceded that they may be operating sub-obtimally. But if you think putting a couple darkies on card art is the kiss of death for this franchise, you're retarded.
>>
File: ancient mew promo card.jpg (22KB, 200x279px) Image search: [Google]
ancient mew promo card.jpg
22KB, 200x279px
>>52417924
>>52418094
>>52418215
>>52418244
>>52418264
>>52418299
>>52418323
>>52418349
>>52418376
we pocket monsters now
>>
>>52418556
that would still be better than the invocations
>>
>>52418556
>decoder ring is a card
>you need to pay mana to read what your opponent's cards do
>>
>>52418505
>tfw when my FS Goyfs aren't in arabic and the border isn't 5 inchs

Yeah guys this n-new design is g-great. I hope it gets m-more invasive
>>
>>52418583
>someone tucks your decoder card
>>
File: unique-not-useful.jpg (33KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
unique-not-useful.jpg
33KB, 600x440px
>>52418505
>>
>Invocations are supposed to he cryptic hieroglyphic customizations of old cards with an egyptian theme stick into them with the whole random symbols and weird formatting.

>Autists are getting mad that these extremely rare cards have exactly the purpose whose theme they belong to.

Wew lad
>>
File: epicspellwars_box.png (765KB, 590x848px) Image search: [Google]
epicspellwars_box.png
765KB, 590x848px
>>52418466
The top half and bottom halves of cards would be designed so the art would line up. Kind of like this game.
>>
File: 1028312.jpg (79KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1028312.jpg
79KB, 750x709px
>>52418556
all future masterpieces feature art of the Gatewatchâ„¢
>>
>>52418505
there is a clear cut between looking good and looking unique.

the border is hideous at least as seen from digital.
>>
>>52418583
>tfw can't read what his cards do because he exiled by decoder ring

Hello Magic 2017
>>
>>52418623
>make trading card game
>make cards that are objectively bad to play with during a card game
>autists defend it with "muh style" and "muh rarity"
>>
>>52418633
Persinally, I don't even care at this point. After seeing this trash, I'm officially dead inside.
>>
>>52418505
This is high quality bait.
>>
>>52418244
This looks totally sweet if they just clean up the runes in the name and type. Some of the others look a bit off...
>>
>>52418505
FS looked bad too, overdesigned "cool" crap.
Planar Chaos style was good, because the new design still looked like MTG cards. And they were legible, unlike this faux-hieroglyphics garbage.
>>
>>52418583
>asians rise to the top of the pile again because they won't get slow play calls when they can just say they are working on the decoding
>players will do that fake finger tapping on table counting they do to stall for time, but with decoding
>Portuguese players will decode a creatures toughness wrong, the opposing asian player will knowingly allow it, saying the Portuguese guy was messing his shorthand terms up
>>
>>52418623
but they look like shit
>>
>>52415652
thank you. if i worked at wotc the second would be my actual design. it makes the artwork look better, it keeps the top bar very clean, and the little arrow mimics the expansion symbol and drives home the idea that the two halves must be played in succession

>>52415898
>They should have just went with the fuse double cards but give the "cast from graveyard" side a different border like how miracles had.
i agree. this solution sounds very elegant. the aftermath side of the card would just need some cracks and cobwebs on the border window to make it look spooky.

>>52415646
this was somehow accurate
>>
Kaladesh...
Amonkhet...

So white people are no longer an in-universe demographic?
>>
>>52418658
You misunderstand. If no one wants them, they become all the more rare.

Imagine how many Mythics are lost every year because of damaged packs, bent cards, and other accidental or intentional damage.
Now, with these new Invocations, people will actively mistake them for the ads at the back of a booster and throw them away, not knowing how much value they have given up.

Truly, now is a great time to be a collector.
>>
>>52418573
This is exactly what I thought of when I saw this shit
>>
File: 1392561116509.png (42KB, 325x247px) Image search: [Google]
1392561116509.png
42KB, 325x247px
>>52418686
Hahahaha pol, never change.
>>
File: sirocco_card_art_detail.jpg (47KB, 504x407px) Image search: [Google]
sirocco_card_art_detail.jpg
47KB, 504x407px
>>52418686
Mfw all the white people evaporate.
>>
>>52418718
don't reply to them, you'll just encourage them
>>
>>52418686
Replaced with cat people. I can't blame them, furries are loaded and waste their money on their fetishes like fucking oil barons.
>>
Stop badmouthing the Amonkhet Incantation series, people. The people at Wizards of the Coast have worked hard on that set and they deserve our graditude. Mark Rosewater will read all your insults and complaints and do you know how it will make him feel? Like he failed, which he didn't. I know he did a great job. Maro works pretty much around the clock to make us happy and how do you thank me? By badmouthing the new set we've worked on for a long time.
>>
>>52417924
I can't imagine anyone actually using these in their deck
>>
>>52418686
Innistrad and Zendikar vampires are white.
Noticing something?
>>
https://twitter.com/TrickMTG/status/846850855626145792

real
>>
Stop badmouthing the Amonkhet Incantation series, people. The people at Wizards of the Coast have worked hard on that set and they deserve our graditude. Mark Rosewater will read all your insults and complaints and do you know how it will make him feel? Like he failed, which he didn't. I know he did a great job. Maro works pretty much around the clock to make us happy and how do you thank me? By badmouthing the new set we've worked on for a long time.
>>
>>52418760
I can't wait for him to whine about people not liking them for real
>>
https://strawpoll.com/ybrdze9

voting time. shill my poll.
>>
>>52418774
>it's literally Mew
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-24+at+05.32.34).jpg (9KB, 167x177px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-24+at+05.32.34).jpg
9KB, 167x177px
>>52418774
>yfw it doesn't look better than still images
>>
>>52417930
pls
>>
>>52418774
>as glossy as a fucking chinaman fake

Sell your collection now, Wizards finally realized they can't beat the competition.
>>
>>52418378
>>52418367
>>
>>52418760
kek
>>
>>52418779
Shitposting like this would be real (fake) sentiments if we had names around here.
>>
>>52418822
And it's one of the most valuable ones
>>
Stop badmouthing the Amonkhet Incantation series, people. The people at Wizards of the Coast have worked hard on that set and they deserve our graditude. Mark Rosewater will read all your insults and complaints and do you know how it will make him feel? Like he failed, which he didn't. I know he did a great job. Maro works pretty much around the clock to make us happy and how do you thank me? By badmouthing the new set we've worked on for a long time. :(((((
>>
>>52418822
uncommon, has not been printed in over 90000 sets like counterspell has.
>>
>>52418822
That's a mythic though?
>>
i remember the first time i saw the modern card frame i was 100% sure that the game was doomed. the card frame was hideous, it was sterile, it was awkward.

maybe that memory is why i'm not as harsh on these goofy egyptian super mythics.
>>
>>52418861
>>
>>52418822
People complained about that too. Just because there is a precedent for something doesn't mean it automatically excuses future fuck ups.

People also play 4x of that card in any deck that runs it. Vintage decks might run 1 counterspell to supplement their force of wills and mana drain.
>>
>>52418774
>play one of these masterpieces
>op has to squint at the autismal text and the huge glare on the card and has to call a judge before deciding his play
>>
Please don't be disrespectful to the Incantations. You may not care, but others do
>>
File: 1490643874395.gif (98KB, 314x319px) Image search: [Google]
1490643874395.gif
98KB, 314x319px
jesus they are so ugly
>>
>>52418900
Even the Incantations want to die.
>>
>>52418900
Invocations*
Check your proper nouns.
>>
>>52418861
>Ornithopter
English Aether Revolt (Uncommon)
English Magic 2015 (Common)
English Magic 2011 (Uncommon)
English Magic 2010 (Uncommon)
English Tenth Edition (Uncommon)
English Ninth Edition (Uncommon)
English Mirrodin (Uncommon)
English Classic Sixth Edition (Uncommon)
English Fifth Edition (Uncommon)
English Fourth Edition (Uncommon)
English Revised Edition (Uncommon)
English Antiquities (Common (C4))

>Counterspell
English Eternal Masters (Common)
English Duel Decks Anthology: Jace vs. Chandra (Common)
English Duel Decks: Jace vs. Chandra (Common)
English Seventh Edition (Common)
English Mercadian Masques (Common)
English Starter 1999 (Uncommon)
English Classic Sixth Edition (Common)
English Tempest (Common)
English Fifth Edition (Common)
English Ice Age (Common)
English Fourth Edition (Uncommon)
English Revised Edition (Uncommon)
English International Collectors' Edition (Uncommon)
English Collector's Edition (Uncommon)
English Unlimited Edition (Uncommon)
English Limited Edition Beta (Uncommon)
English Limited Edition Alpha (Uncommon)
>>
>>52418892
>Opponent gets tilted and starts misplaying.
>>
>>52418892
>op plays his arbor dryad promo and immediately puts it in the middle of his 4 other forests, making sure the p/t is hidden
>this is acceptable somehow and not blatantly misleading the gamestate

Not the same but on the same level of garbage we will be seeing.
>>
>>52418900
I can't wait for the planeswalker gatewatch masterpieces

I'm sure in a year or so they could just do an entire masterpiece set on all the fucking Chandra cards
>>
>>52418892
>Opponent has to take time reading my pimped japanese masterpieces.

>Call out the judge everytime he does it for slowplay.

>Get him disqualified when even my lands are expeditions and he barely understands what i have in play.

Fucking nice.
>>
>>52418892
>judge squints at it and checks against gatherer
>>
>>52418769
Innistrad vampires are red.
>>
>>52418935
>wotc make planeswalker masterpieces
>full art liliana, jtms, ugin, karn
>font is in comic sans and borders are 1.5mm larger than regular cards because muh art style
>>
>>52418940
>Opponent has to take time reading my pimped japanese masterpieces.

oh god. now that i think about it the japanese version must be amazing to stare at.
>>
>>52418969
>he looks up the wrong card
>more judges have to come over
>>
File: 1353892338504.png (238KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1353892338504.png
238KB, 512x384px
>Prepare huge funny prank for april 1st
>Some idiot sends the spoiler to be released 3 days before
>MFW i'm maro and noone will get my fantastic sense of humour
>>
>>52419007
oh fuck
>>
>>52418990
Planeswalker masterpieces wouldn't have a border and their profile will extent beyond the rectangular border, similar to how their art protrudes out from the art frame.

And they wouldn't reprint any form of Garruk.
>>
>>52418990
>font is in comic sans and borders are 1.5mm larger than regular cards because muh art style

I hope this happens

I also want Jace to cameo in every single art in the background at least
>>
>>52419029
>Dack Fayden stealing some personal item in each card
>next set has him join the mainline sets using everything he stole
>they release those items as masterpieces in that set
>people spend thousands trying to get Chandra's googles or Jace's scarf.
>>
File: tumblr_lunujotwWu1r5zvlxo1_500.jpg (125KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lunujotwWu1r5zvlxo1_500.jpg
125KB, 500x669px
>>52418990
Leak from the next set
>>
File: 1413362710513.png (315KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1413362710513.png
315KB, 350x350px
>>52418990

>Opening my third pack of Ravnica 3 in draft
>Check the foil slot
>I'm blinded by the foiling on my Ravnica Ultrapiece version of Nissa, Nature's Artisan
>The art is upside down, the mana cost is in the background of the text box, and no abilities are listed on it - the text box is reserved for a NIssa bio with B/W/H stats, likes and dislikes, and a short paragraph of why she's helping Jace and Gideon fight Bolas' army of Phyrexiadrazi in a climactic battle to save Ravnica
>Leave it on the table after the draft hoping some newbie can find some joy in it
>It's still sitting there on the table a week later
>>
>>52417537
>Embalm (4/10)
We won't see anything truly interesting done with this until it returns in a Commander set. Saves some points on having at least some utility, even if we won't see a legend for Embalm as Varolz is to Scavenge.
>Exert (7/10)
Timmies have been wanting to do this since forever. Should stick to Mardu or Jund in the color pie.
>Bestow (2/10)
Decent idea, flawed execution. Costs always feel too high, and in the end, not getting 2-for-1ed on creature death still can't make them good.
>Convoke (6/10)
They tend to be pretty decent and as long as we never see a Convoke X spell, it doesn't get too busted with infinite token strategies.
>Cycling (8/10)
A way to not brick yourself on high-cost cards, generally pretty good, can and has been busted before but a great mechanic when properly balanced.
>Dash (7/10)
Fun, it gave attack-heavy decks some new tech, my opinion is biased because of my monored Zurgo Vehicles edh deck. Anything to vary up the aggro game is a good thing in my book.
>Energy (4/10)
It was fun, but it cluttered up some cards and will probably never be seen again, very few cards that can both make and use energy effectively
>Exalted (4/10)
Seems like it would be fun. It isn't.
>Investigate (9/10)
Conditional, costed cantrip to spells, generates a very reactive mechanic, interacts with a ton of other things. Would have been a 10/10, but artifact interaction in the next set busted it a bit more than I like.
>Level up (1/10)
Boring, confuses new players, barely ever used anymore, SPESHUL card frame, very little interaction
>Living Weapon (4/10)
It's a fun idea but it lead to busted things, it does help make equipment relevant, would easily be 6/10 if Grip of Phyresis counted
>Meld (2/10)
Flavorful and fun to pull off in EDH, but I pray to god we never see anything even remotely like it again. Should have been Brisela only.
>Proliferate (3/10)
Loyalty counters shouldn't be treated as a basic counter type, always pure upside
>>
>>52411881
why is nicol bolas all according to plan" not a 1:1?
That's literally all he ever does, and the plane is owned and ran by him.

I'm expecting the trials of the gods to be him doing things trying to create more planeswalkers by igniting their sparks.
>>
>>52417924
I legitimately thought that this was a Yu-Gi-Oh card shitpost at first glance.
>>
>>52412057
Keen Sense you can do this, yes. Because it doesn't say combat damage, just damage.

Sixth sense, no, because getting multiple combats a turn is rare, and almost never more than 2.
>>
>>52417930
I would look into what's popular with your local shop first, but I'd go for edh. The last couple of precons were pretty nice, so you can just pick up one of those and start playing, then slowly improve/change up the deck as you get a feel for the game.
To tie in with what I said about looking into your local shop first though, try asking around and seeing if people would let you try their decks or anything too. I know several people who bought every precon so they could have balanced games with randoms/newbies/people who don't really play mtg; something like that would give you a great chance to try before you buy.
>>
>>52417930
edh is cheep
standard is not
here is some budget edh decks i play
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/591294#paper
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/603205#paper
>https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/591482#paper

"wow anon 300$ is alot"
yea but standard is 200 every half year, and edh is fun and people who play it are ushuly the bros of the game shop

find a comander you like then go to EDH rec and build your self a deck
>>
>>52417930
Why is cate cry?

;_;
>>
>>52412128
sweet bologna this is bad.
3 turns worth of additional draw, except your max hand size is dropping by two every turn meaning you don't get to keep that card advantage, also you lose life every time you discard for being over hand size.

So turn 4 you have a handsize of 1, you've discarded everything it gave you, and lost life in the process. And you're playing black, so no easy enchantment removal to get rid of it.

Amenhoket is going to be awful.
>>
>>52419336
are you trolling or just really dumb?
>>
So what exactly is the theme of these "masterpieces" supposed to be?
>>
>>52419336
FYI
Midnight oil isn't from Amonkhet, it was released in the first set of kaladesh.
>>
>>52419369
As far as I can tell, the theme is 'control'
>>
>>52411892
>mark poole
>paints a giant pool

on the nose with this one
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>52413046
um, that final one lets you keep popping back and forth between dawn and day because it returns to the graveyard after being cast.

but returning it to exile lets Aftermath 2 reactivate, so you can spam Day directly.

You have to make sure it both returns to exile and cannot be cast from exile again.
>>
>>52419393
Chain lightning doesn't really feel all that much like a control card IMO
>>
>>52413104
Ravnica says hi, with its urban everything.
>>
I'm angry. Angry about graveyard hate.

Seriously, what the fuck? They put a graveyard block in 2 blocks ago, and specifically didn't put in any graveyard hate to prevent feel-bads, with the result that the graveyard stuff ended up being overpowered and impossible to interact with because there's no graveyard hate. They tell us that they learned their lesson and they're going to start printing answers instead of just pushing their themes so they can run free and wild across Standard. Then they tell us that Amonkhet is going to be a graveyard set which is why they didn't print graveyard hate.

What the fuck, guys! if you're not going to start printing answers, and you haven't learned your lessons, why the fuck did you lie to us and say that you learned your lesson
>>
>>52419449
You realize Amonkhet stuff was finished months ago right?

These products are developed over months, any lessons they learned were never going to be put in Amonkhet its not feasible.
>>
>>52413175
>It could be, but I assure you that WotC just sees them as "freedom fighters".
I mean, the US sees themselves as freedom fighters too.
Doesn't mean they don't come in, wreck a place, then pat themselves on the back about how they're spreading peace and justice. If anything, those are related.

Road to hell is paved with good intentions. Paladins make good BBEGs.
>>
>>52419449
Wizards seems to be a fairly old-style ran company, slow to change and adapt. Combined with sets being completed and printed half a year before sale and laid out up to 2 years in advance it can take a while for Wizards to incorporate something important to them.
>>
>>52419475
even if that's the case - and I am extremely dubious - it is horseshit communication to not be more explicit and clear about it. It is horseshit. Even in the absolute worst case scenario where there literally is nothing they can do and Standard is just doomed, it's still horseshit communication because at the very least they should eat their mistakes instead of constantly acting like they know everything, like players who are complaining or dropping out of Standard are mistaken or wrong in their complaints and problems. If anything, that makes their attitude even more egregious and frustrating.
>>
>>52413545
You made me hate this art. Thanks.
>>
>>52419449
Just wait anon
Rest in Peace will be in the set
and it will be lottery card that way it doesn't upset the Limited Experienceâ„¢
>>
>>52415651
wait... is bottom right even an edit? I thought that was just what it looked like.
>>
>>52413545
>>52419567
You guys made me look at the card closer and I think that the foreground waterfalls are also just mirrored and re-scaled/shaded.
>>
>>52419533
>dubious

You can be dubious all you want, they have mentioned multiple times its a month to years long process from start to finish, and these sets are finished long before the release. It's just logistics

The earliest you would see graveyard hate would be the fall set if that
>>
>>52419609
It's a dumb reference.
>>
>>52419431
It's the most ill fitting one yeah. On the other hand, if they aren't playing red it's just another bolt, and everyone remembers the Bolt Test, right?
>>
Incredibly difficult to read the names
The font makes it hard to read (Decorative font looks way too busy)
Extra symbols that seem to mean nothing on either side of name that mostly blend with name
Strange borders around name and mana costs that add to busy-ness of the header
Font colors blend together. Medium-dark brown on light and medium brown backgrounds is not easy to read.
>Mana cost
Costs are squished into the border which restrict space and make it look busy
No color to mana icons making it slightly more difficult to see what it is
>Middle bar
Pretty much the exact same issues as header.
Font color issue is more pronounced here with the darker color background.
Bottom bar
Thankfully a readable font, but (c) info and set info are mis-aligned and have seperate styles, adding yet another strange dimension that feels disconnected
>Card Body
Wait, another new font? Yes. Another font that is different from the header/middle bar AND different from the footer.
3rd font aside, all caps. Why are you doing this? What does this add to the design?
Font Color. Medium-dark brown on medium brown background again, but even more pronounced than on middle bar.
Centered text. Just like capitals, there is zero reason to do this. It is different from every other magic card, and makes it harder to read.
Simliar complaint to above about mana symbol colors and blending.
>Borders
WHAT THE HELL? I get what this was going for. Making it look like a Egyptian building for even more theme points. But:
Really really thick borders. Makes the card seem even more crowded (as if the extra symbols and borders weren't enough). Art seems crammed in.
Super busy. There are different styles everywhere, different colors everywhere but not in a standardized, clean or nice way. It seems somewhat random.
>>
File: 636263218008027471[1].png (523KB, 412x578px) Image search: [Google]
636263218008027471[1].png
523KB, 412x578px
>>52416497
Not me. Not at all, these look horrendous, you can barely read the name and type, the rules text is XBOX HUEG AND BLOCKY, the border takes up half the card, they aren't full art despite the art being really really nice and detailed on some of them like wrath of god and both expeditions and masterpieces were... What were they thinking?
>>
>>52419777
>What were they thinking?
They weren't
Nice trips btw
>>
File: fuck are you on about.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
fuck are you on about.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>>52418012
>deal 4 damage to your heart

>oh i didn't animate it, it's not a creature right now

>(YOU)
>>
File: 1490645124747.png (46KB, 303x249px) Image search: [Google]
1490645124747.png
46KB, 303x249px
take one shot for every different font on the card
>>
>>52416497
I am hype. Fuck reddit and their stupid hivemind.

Maybe I'll be able to get them for cheap if the backlash sticks, but that means WOTC won't do anything this different ever again and that sucks.
>>
>>52419777
this can't be real right? The Bolas staves on the bottom are shittily photoshopped on top of the card. The picture is a god's fucking pants

what the fuck?
>>
>>52417924
At least they didn't print it on papyrus.
>>
>>52419428
yeah i'm aware. originally i was going to have it say "cast this card only from exile, then destroy it" but i got lazy.
>>
File: ATinZrwfSXsQOPPt7tZA_lowres.jpg (155KB, 1080x751px) Image search: [Google]
ATinZrwfSXsQOPPt7tZA_lowres.jpg
155KB, 1080x751px
but wait theres more
>>
>>52414224
>>52420038
confirmed blue god
>>
>>52419654
I am reasonably sure that various parts of that image are just photographs that have been spliced together and altered digitally.

the water is illustrated in too many different ways.
>>
>>52420038
Force? They made a force masterpiece? Wow. Does that mean like 60 dollar eternal masters pieces eventually?
>>
>>52418480
"Black hole sun, won't you come... and wash the pain awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..."
>>
>>52420038
This art is all amazing and so poorly represented by these god awful massive frames.
>>
>>52420038
The bird god's proportions are screwed. Everything about this just feels bad.

Why does everything suck.
>>
File: 9khLg0Q.jpg (49KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
9khLg0Q.jpg
49KB, 223x311px
is this better?
>>
>>52420134
Still too much boarder, not enough art. It looks like it is framed on a wall 3 feet away.
>>
>>52420123
agreed. I hope someone gets high-res version of the artwork because it looks really good. It deserves better than these abominations
>>
>>52419004
>L1 comes over and scans over card.
>Has team of L2s attempting to decipher it using the art and Ancient Egyptian history textbooks.
>>
>>52420134
Yes holy shit you can actually tell what the fucking card name and cost are
>>
>>52420038

>mind twist
>good art
>godawful frame
>>
>>52420134
remove the Bolas staves, they look so out of place
>>
>>52417924
>>52418094
>>52418215
>>52418244
>>52418264
>>52418299
>>52418323
>>52418349
>>52418376

Um... so it is 4 days until April 1st... you don't suppose?
>>
>tfw wtc just created its own mass effect: andromeda

I always liked Egyptian culture, now I feel a bit dead inside
>>
>>52420134
>actually legible

immaculate
>>
I had a perverse thought:

What if one of these has Aftermath?
>>
>>52413046
The middle ones KEK'D
>>
>>52420178
the sad state of murrikan education when they think stylized alphabets are some ancient hieroglyphs.
>>
>>52420260
delet this
>>
File: meme.jpg (45KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
45KB, 223x311px
how bout this?
>>
>>52420288
>murrikans
>having Egyptian textbooks on hand

You're thinking of the English.
>>
>>52420301
I still would really like borders around the art, just so I know nothing is getting cut off. Worship is by far the worst offender, and Force is pretty bad too.
>>
>>52418686
Not on every plane, no. That was always true, I mean, where were the white people on Lorwyn?
>>
>>52418917
Anon status:

[ ] Not Told

[X] Told
>>
File: bata.jpg (45KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
bata.jpg
45KB, 223x311px
>>52420134
get rid of that horrible shadow
>>
>>52418986
Sorin
>>
>>52420320
No really. I can't tell anymore whether people do sarcasm or hyperboles or not online, but if you reside in an english speaking country and you really can't read any of this card then god help you.
>>
>>52418769
>>52418986
No, they, like all vampires, are humanoid leeches.
>>
>>52420288
>having to dig this far down to defend shitty fonts
>>
>>52418855
I mean.. he did fail. Or at least whatever intern it got delegated to that said "oh yeah I had a minor in graphic design I can totally design the new borders"

Like, have you seen the gold border? Textured next to matte colors, it's like a cardinal rule not to do.
>>
>>52419240
see, I prefer pauper, because any given deck is like, 3 dollars at my local shop.
>>
>>52419968
you can see the photoshop layers.

it was artist, copyright, and weird crown thing at the bottom on top, bolas staves, then text, then border, then art at very bottom.

I could see these being a graphic artist blocking out where they wanted everything.

But this is not a final product.
>>
>>52421069
>in a world of Aftermath cards, thinking the layout is just too shitty on anything else

kek
>>
>>52417546
>Inside reports
From where? Got a source on some reports?
>>
>>52420094
With art that terrible, I'm willing to bet that it'd sell cheeper than regular Force.
>>
>>52421210
>inside source
Do you really want to probe into an anon's ass?
>>
>>52421115
aftermath?
>>
>>52421412
The keyword that was being translated as Consequence.
>>
File: 1072351235114.jpg (71KB, 600x797px) Image search: [Google]
1072351235114.jpg
71KB, 600x797px
WE WUZ BAD CARD DESIGNS N SHEEIT
>>
File: db1_IslandSwamp_Spears.jpg (85KB, 670x259px) Image search: [Google]
db1_IslandSwamp_Spears.jpg
85KB, 670x259px
>>52413142
pleb
>>
>>52413108
Trap would actually be great in this set.
>>
I'd love it if Traps were a thing.
They'd make sense here too, with the Trials of the 5 Gods being things and all, they wouldn't all 5 be strictly combat trials I'm sure.
>>
File: Loyal-Retainers.jpg (46KB, 350x494px) Image search: [Google]
Loyal-Retainers.jpg
46KB, 350x494px
>>
>>52421914
> I Loyal Retainer Sit

Good luck meddling mage that without a judge call
>>
File: 1458361781934.jpg (106KB, 635x780px) Image search: [Google]
1458361781934.jpg
106KB, 635x780px
>>52421914
>that p/t frame

It only gets worst.
Thread posts: 502
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.