[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 418
Thread images: 46

File: Il-Kaithe.jpg (7KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
Il-Kaithe.jpg
7KB, 195x258px
Rate my craftsworld edition

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Warhammer general discord!
https://discord.gg/Zeh7nhC
>>
>>52407508
Green Goblin/10
>>
In the spirit of shit, I think I'm going to build and paint a squad of wyches as the first step of a huge backlog.
>>
>52407377

>Orks
>Most anarchic force in the galaxy
>Most restrictions on wargear in any codex

For fuck's sake, if my Warboss wants to take a fucking burna, he should be able to. If the Nob leading a Boyz squad wants a rokkit launcher, he should fucking be able to. The goddamn fluff EVEN STATES THIS.
>>
>>52407541
Orks ought to have nasty characters (like how chaos' champions ought to be)
>>
File: 20170327_233528.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_233528.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
am I doing it rite /tg/?? (theres a f**** ton of gold trim)
>>
>>52407569
Blue looks a bit dark but ye.

There's 2 ways to do it; blue then gold or gold then blue, up to you either way.
>>
>>52407569
Anon you forgot to prime his head, i fucking hate GWs new invisible plastic. Worse than finecast.
>>
>>52407582
His head could maybe use edge highlights too.
>>
>>52407562

>Loot 'em!
>If an Ork character slays a model in a challenge, they may immediately "appropriate" any melee or ranged weapons that the slain enemy had. The Ork character is then treated as having these weapons for the remainder of the battle, in addition to any weapons they already have.

I'd prefer this to the Chaos Champion rules, since this would seem to make much more sense.
>>
>>52407560
Ork wargear lists are just insulting really. There's two options on their melee weapon list. Fucking TWO! They don't even get power weapons lazily added in there.

Orks really should have the most access and variety to their wargear list. I play Chaos, and even we have it better in that regard.
>>
Hey does anyone here play Daemons or CSM or preferably allying the two other than Khorne Daemonkin?
I'm trying to figure out how to get the two to work together and which one should be the primary detachment.
>>
>>52407592
Oh its on a stick down there. Shit my joke is ruined.
>>
File: 467623456543212343.gif (939KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
467623456543212343.gif
939KB, 500x281px
>>52407595
>Ork Warboss nabs Goredrinker
>???
>Rape
>>
>>52407602

>Number of Ork ranged weapon options: 9
>Number of Ork melee weapon options: 2
>Initiative 2

It's been staring us in the face for years, Orks really aren't a melee race at all!
>>
>>52407595

Make it one piece of wargear.

>Boi do I luv moi new arr-tee-fisser armer
>>
>>52407560
Every once and awhile after playing a few games I go back hoping to see some small rules interaction or piece of wargear that i missed to improve my orks and every time disappointment.

There is just nothing.
>>
>>52407595
I'm picturing an Ork managing to fight his way through several characters, managing to get a power weapon of every kind, double pistols like cypher, and a golf bag full of relics.

>>52407629
I would say to keep it as weapons, if only to keep things simple and sensible.
>>
File: not finking big enuff.jpg (13KB, 269x69px) Image search: [Google]
not finking big enuff.jpg
13KB, 269x69px
>>52407629

Oh we can do better than that...

>>52407645

That's more or less why I kept it to weapons. Though the thought of a Warboss stomping around in a Riptide is zoggin' bootiful
>>
>>52407645

>Model up several grots carrying piles of random weapons that follow the Boss around as he "collekts" a few more "soovaneers".
>>
>>52407508
THANKS DOC
>>
File: 1486208597971.jpg (199KB, 627x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486208597971.jpg
199KB, 627x960px
>>52407569
Nothing will be able to make that sculpt look good. Guilliman is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>52407665
All it would give him is a 2+ and multi-tracker plus blacksun filter.
>>
Space Hulk Ascension is €5.59 at HumbleBundle, should I get it?
>>
>>52407697
Would being in a riptide make him an MC?
>>
>>52407665
Oddly enough, looting a Riptide doesn't actually do much for him by RAW. He'll get a 2+ save and a multi-tracker to fire 2 guns each turn (which is nice with all the looting he's doing), but that's all it does.

More terrifying would be a Warboss that manages to steal multiple bikes or toughness boosting objects.

Yeah, keeping it to weapons is for the best. Also, I feel like a Warboss should really be competent enough to fire two weapons assuming he has them. I mean, barely aiming anyway, but still.
>>
>>52407626
No one in the game has good melee options though
I mean who the fuck wants to pay 15 points for a S3 AP3 power sword? Or 25-30 points for x2 strength AP2 Power Fist/Eviscerator? Melee weapon points costs should be proportional to the statline of the units that can take them. And make pistols cheaper for fuck's sake.
>>
Mk.IX armour when?
>>
>>52407705
No. That's a property of the unit entry itself. Technically wouldn't give him a jetpack either, or even the 5+ invuln.
>>
File: image.jpg (290KB, 1536x1394px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290KB, 1536x1394px
>>52407705

This is all the wargear item "riptide battlesuit" does.

Apparently the specific tau wearing them are just naturally T6 I guess.
>>
>>52407569
Nice Ferrus Manus conversion, anon
>>
>>52407710
I think pistols would be fine if they were 5 points cheaper across the board.

Also, it's less a matter of having good melee options, and having any. A Warboss might actually get some decent mileage out of something between an AP 5 big choppa and a power klaw.
>>
>>52407725

Holy fuck, they really are monstrous creatures under that armour.
>>
>>52407737
>Guard getting access to -4 point Bolt Pistols
I can dig it
>>
In the previous thread someone was saying defensive bash didn't work in eternal crusade, this is absolute bullshit. Its absurdly broken yes, but not because it needs to be "fixed" or made stronger, but because its fucking ridiculous a space marine's combat knife can parry a power maul. Any ranged class can beat a melee class in melee by using DBash with no effort or risk.
>>
>>52407737
>sisters pay 15 points for a plasma pistol
>dropping to 10 makes them the same cost as a combi-plasma
Oh look. It's fucking worthless still!

It's even worse on chaos raptors
>PP is still 15pts
>melta gun is 10
>PP is S7 Ap2 and kills the user
>melta is S8 Ap1 and doesn't kill the user
>>
>>52407808
The advantage to taking the pistol is still having an extra attack. Obviously, if you want to favor shooting, then you go for the shooting option. Or, if you want the shooting option, buy two plasma pistols. Congrats, now you have extra attacks and an assault plasmagun for 20 points.
>>
>>52407837
Raptors cant take two plasma pistols and i dont think having a second pistol gives you a second attack.
>>
>>52407847
First, while it wouldn't help Raptors, that's where the tradeoff is. Do you want 3 attacks on the charge and a single plasma shot, or 2 and a single melta shot?

Second, yes it does, because pistols function as close combat weapons. If you have 2, it's the same as if you had 2 chainswords or what have you
>>
File: IMG_9979.jpg (709KB, 2174x1791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9979.jpg
709KB, 2174x1791px
Almost done with my Ixion Hale and Deathwatch Librarian and all I can think is that I'm doomed to paint gold and black forever now.
>>
>>52407837
>>52407865
>advantage of taking the pistol is still having an extra attack

Raptors don't give up their pistol or CCW for a melta gun and can't take 2 PPs anyway. The plasma pistol MIGHT be worth taking for 5 points, but probably still better to take the melta.
>>
>>52407837
That +1a doesnt mean shit, unless you have power weapon to go with it, however then you really dont want to fire incase Gets Hot ! kicks in as the 1-wound character is now pretty expensive.
>>
>>52407875
Huh, so they can't. Still, hardly a reason to complain about 10 point plasma pistols for everyone else. Honestly, that's more of a reason to wonder why they bothered putting plasma pistols as an option for them in the first place.
>>
>>52407883
Alright. Then what would you cost a plasma pistol at?
>>
>>52407883
>>>52407837
>That +1a doesnt mean shit, unless you have power weapon to go with it,
Not true. More attacks means more potential failed saves. I'd argue that more attacks are crucial without a power weapon.
>>
>>52407865
No i meant a second ranged attack.
>>
>>52407893
>tfw Orks can get S8 Plasma Pistols and guns for 10 points
>meks/big meks only
>>
Why does black library want to turn WH40K into an sjw shitfest?
>>
>>52407937
Gunslinger rule. You have two pistols, you can shoot each.
>>
>>52407944
Can you give an example of what you are complaining about?
>>
>>52407893

Maybe 10pts for MEQ, but anyone who has the option of a PP over say a combi-melta, the combi-melta wins every time. I can tell you for a fact that as a sisters player, I would still never buy a plasma pistol for 10 points.

Even on a space Marine sgt, I can take a PP or I can take a power weapon. I'm definitely not paying for both, and the power weapon is ultimately better in most situations.
>>
I just bought the starter edition, and a chaos desolater squad I plan on making a nurgle based army should i buy the starter set for nurgle or grab something else?
>>
File: 1429417536714.jpg (140KB, 537x750px) Image search: [Google]
1429417536714.jpg
140KB, 537x750px
>>52407595
>Axe of Ruin
>>
>>52407979
Well it depends if you want to run daemons as allies. What do you mean starter edition? Do you mean dark vengeance or do you mean start collecting chaos space marines?
If you got start collecting CSM you should get a rhino so your marines have somewhere to chill.
>>
>>52407971
Alright. Give a number then. How low would a plasma pistol have to be for you to want to take one? 8 points? 5 points?
>>
>>52407985

I think an armored assault would be a much better buy than just a rhino. It's. It much more expensive and comes with dudes and more importantly weapons.
>>
>>52407595
datz right proppa orky
>>
>>52408006
Not him, but I feel 7 points would be appropriate.
>>
>>52407664
Pick Coteaz as a HQ 100 points BOOM every non vehicle is Obj. secured. Its fucking Coteaz anyway, an autotake. 2nd HQ pick anyone you want for whatever job. Just no named characters.

Biggest problem is shored up.

I like Castellans for the fluffy as fuck army I can build. Coteaz, Raven Guard Libby, combo Scion and Scouts as troops. Wyverns out the ass and anything else I want.
>>
File: Ynnari - 1000pts.jpg (300KB, 1800x1380px) Image search: [Google]
Ynnari - 1000pts.jpg
300KB, 1800x1380px
Hey guys,
I have a 1000pt game against space marines on thursday. No clue what they will be bringing. Here is my 1000pt ynnari list. How does it look? What do I need to worry about from space marines?
>>
>>52408006

I would pay 5 points for a plasma pistol, and I think that's a fair price. It's a cheap upgrade for an assaulty squad and likewise just a cheap upgrade for wanting to keep it cheap. Dedicated squads will still want a combi-weapon, but for 5 more points, they can take something they can use after the combi is dumped, even though its only one shot.
>>
>>52408022
>7 points

Cool. So now every character alive can buy a Plasmagun, exchanging the one shot at up to 24 inches for assault, while also getting an extra attack in the process. Oh, and it's also 1 point cheaper than a standard plasmagun despite being almost entirely better. Who'll ever both with a combi-plasma when an unlimited assault version is only 4 extra points and comes with an extra attack?
>>
>>52407872
Jesus, that guy is comically large.
>>
>>52408029
>Ynnari
I hope you get obliterated by triptide
>>
Why are people moaning about the rumored changes in 8th edition?

Making armor saves matter again.
Making dreadnoughts worth taking.
Melee isn't fucking useless.
Movement stats.
Morale actually does something again. Also, no more endless ATSKNF bitching.

Now, make my inferno pistols worth taking and let my blood angel tactical squads have melee weapons and I will be a happy boy.
>>
>>52408040
>Dedicated squads will still want a combi-weapon

See >>52408045

Now you can buy 2 plasmapistols for the price of a meltagun, completely nullifying any point of ever taking a combi-plasma ever again, while also giving every character ever a plasmagun for 5 points off. Completely ignoring the assault benefits in that as well.
>>
>>52408045
>>52408060

Only if they're allowed to take two pistols and are willing to forfeit the option of a power weapon.
>>
>>52407985
sorry for not specifying
its the starter set with dark vengence
>>
>>52408054
I am playing against space marines not tau. My Ynnari list is comprised completely of harlequins and dark eldar with the yncarne. Harlequins and dark eldar are known for being rather weak. I don't understand why you have to be so autistic.
>>
>>52408024
>>>52407664
>Pick Coteaz as a HQ 100 points BOOM every non vehicle is Obj. secured.
I hate named snowflakes
>Its fucking Coteaz anyway, an autotake.
For this exact fucking reason.

>I like Castellans for the fluffy as fuck army I can build. Coteaz, Raven Guard Libby, combo Scion and Scouts as troops. Wyverns out the ass and anything else I want.

That's great and all, but as a sisters player, Castellans offers me nothing of value while forcing me to take 4 troops and still needing to ally in Sisters of Silence anyway.
>>
>>52408054
>I hope you get obliterated by triptide
Did you read his post, yet alone the actual army list, or just see the filename and have an autistic brainstorm.
>>
>>52408096
>trying to defend Ynnari
>ever
I hope you get fucked by an invisible librarian conclave supported by sky hammer then.
>>
>>52408074
Most models with access to the ranged weapons list can take two, and forfeiting the option of a power sword isn't really a bad deal.

For any HQ that wants to tag along with a shooting unit, having a cheaper plasmagun is a great option.

For any sergeant that was going to take a combi-weapon to match up with his squad, now he has a longer term option. They weren't gonna take a power weapon anyway.

So that just leaves close combat HQs, who will still very much love the discount.
>>
>>52407642
>once and awhile
It's a doggy dog world out there.
>>
>>52408055
>Making dreadnoughts worth taking.

In what way? Was something specific to Dreads announced?
>>
>>52408006
>>52408022
Well it obviously depends on context, my suggestion was assuming a 1 wound model that would only be able to buy 1 plasma pistol.
>>
>>52408087
Well the "Desolator Squad" you bought had a rhino with it didn't it? Soon there will be new death guard models, so that means any plague marines you buy now will look like shit compared to the ones coming out soon. Two units you NEED to play chaos space marines are "spawn" and the "Daemon Prince" this is because sometimes your dudes will transform into these models by the gifts of the chaos gods. The Daemon Prince is also pretty badass and imo spawn are pretty badass generally, but specifically nurgle spawn are toughness six, this means they basically need to be shot with anti tank stuff to die.
>>
>>52408141
Hence why my original suggestion was a 5 point drop across the board. Obviously for models like raptors that can just buy a plasmagun without giving up any attacks, it's really silly to buy a plasma pistol without it being dirt cheap.
>>
>>52408150
Thanks anon
>>
>>52408126
>>52408152

>Most models with access to the ranged weapons list can take two
Then limit it to one since we're making a sweeping change anyway. Give pistols their own category
>may exchange bolt pistol for x pistol
Or
>may purchase up to one x pistol
Then still let them exchange other weapons for combi/power ect.

>So that just leaves close combat HQs, who will still very much love the discount.
I don't see this as a problem.
>>
File: Yncarne ass.jpg (502KB, 676x752px) Image search: [Google]
Yncarne ass.jpg
502KB, 676x752px
I think Ynnead brought Guilliman back only because he is only thing of right size and power that can satiate her.
>>
>>52408111
If Ynnari are some horrible over powered army that you should be ashamed of playing, then why are you able to pick out other armies that will rape the all powerful ynnari? Do you have fun playing this game or you just that guy who complains about how every army but the one he is playing is OP?
>>
>>52408158
Oh if you do want to use daemons, i happen to own the start collecting nurgle daemons set! Personally i like it but it doesn't really have anything in it to deal with powerful melee. Its more of a bunch of infantry that are annoying to remove with shooting and can fuck up vehicles/big dudes but stuff like squads of berserkers fuck them up. The plague drones in it are pretty similar.
>>
>>52408159
>Not wanting double gunslinger HQs

The reason I suggested 10 points in the first place was based on Plasmaguns to start with.

It's half the shots and range, so cut the price in half. 1 extra point for the close combat capability, and 1 extra for being assault rather than rapid fire. Round it up and you get 10.

That's perfectly fine as a side-grade to a combi-melta for a close combat HQ, while a shooting one can choose to invest more points and get what is effectively a plasmagun, albeit for only 20 points rather than the current 30.

Just because pistols are overcosted now doesn't mean you just have to slash the price to rock bottom. 10 points would get people looking at pistols. 5 points would get people spamming them.
>>
>>52408161
dem feet
>>
>>52408191
I wouldn't buy a plasma gun at more than 7 points desu. Probably why i don't ever do it.
>>
>>52408134
Going by what they did in AoS, they have a category of monsters, or behemoths - lots of wounds.
The main problem with dreads is they were too easy to snipe off the board before they could do anything.
>>
>>52408191

I would love gunslinger HQs, actually. I play Sisters and would love more Seraphim fighting style representation. Hell, in the 5th Codex, we could actually double up on PPs for superiors because it was a poorly written Codex.

Also, comparing them to plasma guns is bad because that implies plasma guns aren't overpriced as a 15pt rapid fire gun that has a 1/6 chance of killing the user each time he fires. A 10pt gun that also has a 1/6 chance of killing the user isn't good, and a 20pt fun that has a second 1/6 chance of killing the user isn't good either.
>>
>>52408239
Solution: double grav gun prices
>>
>>52408234
We have no idea how much they're actually taking from AoS though. Isn't monsters and shit having so many wounds partially a product of flat to wound rolls?
>>
>>52408234
Honestly id love it if things began to have more wounds, instant death was made extremely rare and multiwound weapons became more common.
>>
>>52408177
Cheese begets cheese faggot. You're the one choosing to play Ynnari.
>>
>>52408239
>1/6 chance of killing the user

That's what re-rolls to hit, armor saves, feel no pain, and multiple wounds on HQs are for.

Models dying to plasmaguns doesn't happen nearly as often as you think.

Plasmaguns aren't overpriced, it's just that new forms of AP 2 like Grav are underpriced.
>>
>>52408248
There are plenty of armies with plasma who dont get grav guns.
>>
>>52408222
I hope more Ynnari models will have same feet and ass in future.
>>
>>52408250
3 Ways to Play
Battleshock
Movement stats
Armor save modifiers
Charging units strike first

Pretty safe to say we are getting A LOT from AoS
>>
>>52408250
Well, if those pics we got from the necromunda game are any indication, we may be seeing weapons that deal multiple wounds coming back. Those rules did still have strength and toughness and all that, but now a lascannon might deal d3 wounds or something instead of just 1 or instant death.
>>
>>52408259

For HQs, that's all. Fine and dandy, but the basic squad leader isn't rocking a 2+ rerollable, twin linked, and feel no pain with 3+ wounds.
>>
>>52408267
Does AOS still have d6 to run? Because i hate that shit.
>>
>>52408161
That's not Ynnead, that's the Yncarne. akin to a Greater Demon of other chaos god. Don't even think this monster even speak at all and in the story it was kinda dumb.
>>
>>52408161
>her
>>
>>52408267
Movement stats and armor save modifiers are old 40k rules though, charging units striking first isn't in AoS as far as I've heard. It's instead something from WHFB.
>>
File: 1486149799905.jpg (188KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1486149799905.jpg
188KB, 1000x1000px
>>52407695
No it isn't.
I mean, it might be weird, but all it needs is a cape and a loin cloth and suddenly it makes the model much better.
>>
Can the formations in the Angels of Death supplement be used as a part of a Gladius Strike Force from the Space Marine Codex?
>>
>>52408277
>Avatar of Death
>speaking

Death does not speak. Have you seen the Nightbringer speaking ever?
>>
>>52407695
I don't mind it other than the weird curvy chest plate.
>>
I have a large mass of assembled Deathwatch and I'm just not feeling it.

They're all unpainted and the bulk of them are just standard bolter or normal special weapons, I'll just pop off the DW shoulder pad and put on a normal one. I'll keep the the Deathwatch-only weapons guys as is and use them for an allied detachment or something.

The real question is, which chapter do I make them?

I'm planning on dropping an excessive amount of money on plastic SoB if/when they drop, and I'd like someone that could ally with them and still be fluffy.
>>
>>52408287
Nagash does speak, Silent king Sarekh speaks, Mortarion speaks.
>>
>>52408283
Hmm...I'll have to keep that in mind for my Daemon Prince conversion
>>
>>52408292
Alpha legion
>>
>>52408292
Red Templars
>>
>>52408298
Nagash is the Lord of Undead.

The Silent King is the sovereign of an Undead Empire

Mortarion is a servant of decay and corruption.

None of them are avatars of death.
>>
>>52408292
Are you sure you don't just want to keep Deathwatch then? I mean purgers stick together right?
Other than that Black Templars or Minotaurs i guess.
>>
>>52407623
>Warboss with no Invuln beating Kharn in a Challenge
Yeah, nah
>>
>>52408292
Go for Red Hunters. They work for the inquisition, so you could potentially get away with keeping the shoulder pads.
>>
>>52408317
>>Warboss with no Invuln beating Kharn in a Challenge
>Yeah, nah

Cybork body for 100??
>>
>After the Warmaster’s rebellion was halted at Terra and the Emperor was interred upon his Golden Throne, the Sisters of Silence found themselves without direction. Many were slain or lost forever, scattered and stranded across a war-ravaged galaxy. Undaunted by the sudden lack of guidance, they went abroad into the wider Imperium to continue their work. There amongst the stars they hunted savants and witches with unstinting fervour; some as part of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, some as lone but loyal agents who eventually settled within the teeming hordes of Humanity. In some rare cases, these hunters learned to suppress their uncanny auras to some degree, and in living alongside others begot their own bloodlines. None of these would-be settlers ever stayed in one place for long, for the Pariah gene is not named idly. Wherever the Sisters of Silence sought out new lives, they were hounded into exile once more by those that hated them for their intrinsic otherness. Still, not all were reviled or burned as witches. The offspring of these few had children of their own, and over the generations, the genetic peculiarity of the Silent Sisterhood found its way further into the vast spread of the human race.

What the fuck? How can anyone sleep with a psychic abomination? How can they get it up while their souls and minds are being chipped at by the soullessness of the Sisters of Silence.

This makes no sense. /tg/. Explain it to me.
Also aren't the Sisters suppose to be chaste?
>>
File: cybork.jpg (43KB, 1130x183px) Image search: [Google]
cybork.jpg
43KB, 1130x183px
>>52408323

I too remember the good old days of 5th edition. Sadly, they are gone.
>>
File: P8ilx0e.gif.jpg (66KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
P8ilx0e.gif.jpg
66KB, 480x270px
>>52408287
Ynnead does speak to Yvraine.

Do you even read the book?
>>
>>52408324
Are they? Do we have any actual literary confirmation that Battle Sisters are barred from physical intimacy?
Could just be the monastic life doesn't leave any room or opportunity for hanky panky.
>>
>>52408324
>Pariah gene
So is this cannon again?
>>
>>52408313
Deathwatch is anti-xenos and SoB are against enemies of the Ecclesiarchy. Those don't overlap often.
>>
>>52408324
Never heard of any imperial things being chaste except maybe space marines.
Also it only takes some guy who's into /d/ but not enough that slaanesh has contacted him on tinder.
>>
>>52408337
Not his avatar though. Yncarne is a mute.
>>
>>52408324
Nigger it's in the damn text. Some of them managed to suppress their aura, ala Culexus.
That sounds pretty cool though, GW did well to write this, they can justify blanks being morr common than we thought.

And just like SoB, SoS were never explicitly chaste. Just because we have the Christian idea of them doesn't mean they follow it.
SoB sleeping with others does happen in Cain books, with the mention that it is not forbidden in most orders, they just don't have the time/dedication/will.
>>
>>52408279
They mostly refered to Ynnead as she even before Gathering Storm.
>>
>>52408339
It never was not canon.

>>52408338
Their codex states that Sisters regime is one of total self denial.
>>
>>52408324

>Rumours abound on certain worlds of devilish women who steal young men from their beds at night, taking them to secret facilities where their seed is extracted by ancient and forbidden methods. Though some claim that this is a fate worth seeking, none who have experienced the caresses of these less than gentle maidens are keen to repeat the experience, with many finding the act of sitting too painful for weeks, even months after the encounter.
>>
>>52408338
We have multiple black library books saying the exact fucking opposite. But SoBs and sisters of silence are not the same thing.
>>52408365
And this mentions only the ones that settled and became "normal" had children. Essentially the ones that retired/quit.
>>
>>52408339
The only part that was retconned is that Necrond introduced it in the human genome IIRC. Nowadays it's just a mutation.
>>
>>52408349
I bet it can scream well when primarch plows its bloodless body.
>>
>>52408359
>Some of them managed to suppress their aura,

To some degree. They cannot suppress it wholly. People around them still feel disturbed and pained by their otherness and soullessness.

Culexus suppress their auras via technology and training and even that is not enough to stop those around them from cringing and feeling pain at their presence and sight.
>>
>>52408362
Ynnead is a "he", Yvraine prefer to Ynnead as "he"
>>
>>52408372
Not really. It was never written out. It might appear later as an explanation for its existence in a later date similar to how the pylons were reintroduced.
>>
File: 177653992018.jpg (9KB, 254x198px) Image search: [Google]
177653992018.jpg
9KB, 254x198px
I have a question for you age of sigmar fanboys:

Could the emperor microvawe a burito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
>>
>>52408418
Yes
>>
>When these lithe warriors come close to humans, such as the soldiers of the Astra Militarum, even stoic veterans find cold sweat prickling across their skin, eyes itching and stomachs churning. The touch of a Sister of Silence, should it ever be felt skin on skin, is enough to make a man convulse with repulsion. Space Marines grimly endure their presence, aware that they stand in the presence of the Emperor’s own elite. The Grey Knights are the exception; relying on psychic warfare as they do, they cannot bear the company of the Silent Sisterhood, and are content to watch them from afar. To a daemon-hunter, the power to send a Warp-fiend shrieking back in horror merely by advancing upon it is impressive indeed.

How am I suppose to believe that they can have normal sex when they do this to human men? A mere small touch is horrible. A prolonged kinetic skin contact would be heinous torture.
>>
>>52408428
Codex mentioned some sisters retired and were able to suppress null field, they also could be artificially inseminated.
>>
>>52408428
>Astra Militarum
>Stoic
pick one

As for the breeding thing, who says they don't just use sperm banks or ask friends such as the people with a natural resistance to/tolerance of their presence or people they more correspond with over digital communications to provide them with some sperm.
>>
File: Dreadnought.jpg (122KB, 534x746px) Image search: [Google]
Dreadnought.jpg
122KB, 534x746px
Should I get a custom T-shirt with this Dreadnought on it?
And a text that says "EVEN IN DEATH I STILL SURF" on the back?
I work at a workshop that prints all sorts of stuff.
>>
>>52408418
The Emperor can't eat anything, he's a corpse sustained by souls
>>
>>52408439
So is the pdf of custodes/silence available from some anon yet?
>>
>>52408443
Wait...this raises more question. If the baby was genetically a normal human. How would it react to being inside his soulless mother?
>>
>>52408454
It's in the OP links.
>>
>>52408443
They probably just clone them as the downsides of cloning don't matter if you already have no soul.
>>
>>52408446
If you wanna be known as 'that nerdy guy with shit taste in clothing' then sure
>>
>>52408470
Well I already wear mostly surplus army clothing so nothing lost there.
>>
>>52408455
Presumably it would be upset? Or hell maybe people eventually get used to it, just most people wouldn't ever get to that point because it would be quite fucking awful until then.
>>
>>52408483
Laughed out loudly, thank you anon
>>
Guys, I vaguely remember a blank working as a prostitute in one of Dan Abnett's novels. Can anyone confirm?
>>
>>52408499
Yes, a main character from Eisenhorn
>>
>>52408428
I'm sure they'd naturally have minor male blanks drawn towards them.
Sure that's like 1/1,000,000, but the SoS are even rarer than a run of the mill blank / null.

Imagine being a guy who has been rejected by all society thoughout your life. People just naturally scowl at you as you walk down the street.
Neither you nor they understand why.

You then meet this beautiful woman sat on her own in a city who doesn't turn her head as soon as you enter the vicinity.
As you approach her out of curiosity, both of you realise that there's no benign disgust between each other.
You sit next to her and realise you both feel normal for once.
You feel love for each other that is finally returned like no one else ever did.
>>
>>52408488
People do get used to it, over a long period. Cain was best bro with Jurgen, his main problem was his smell.
>>
>>52408446
Speaking of
Which Chapter is more likely to surf big waves?
>Iron Snakes
>Carcharadons
are there any other water-based Chapters? Dunno if Carch's have anything to do with water or just Sharks
>>
>>52408580
Id imagine it would be the same for the baby then. The question of course is do you get used to it before you get highly developed pain receptors. Worse still, imagine if it took longer than 9 months constant contact? Would suck to be mother to that constantly screaming child.
>>
>>52408637
Iron Snakes. Snowflake Abnett has them litteraly going on an ocean to hunt big ass snakes with spears on a small raft.

Carcharodons don't have that much actual sea theme. Their "sea" is the void, complete galactic void, absolute zero gravity. The only "water" part in Red Tithe are their hibernation chambers and where the Ancient sleep, where there's water on the floor, but that's about it.
>>
>>52408637
Charcharadon's are grimdark polynesians, so I'd assume they'd be up for catching some waves if they weren't so fucking edgy.
>>
>>52408670
There's no mention of the gene not passing, so it can be hypothesised the gene passes on automatically. If yes, then the child would have no.problem, being a blank himself since his inception.
>>
>>52408737
If it works like a normal gene it presumably only carries "most" of the time though, or becomes dormant sometimes.
>>
File: Lorgar.jpg (255KB, 900x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar.jpg
255KB, 900x1272px
*whispers in your ear*

Hey kid, want to learn some Heresy? The Emperor is an athiestic degenerate btw
>>
>>52408029

You're a cunt
>>
>>52408778
Is he supposed to look like Adam Jensen here
>>
How is Alpha Legion CSM?
>>
>>52408374
well it does scream in the books
>>
>>52408682
Was reading that earlier today.
I've only read this, Horus Rising and maybe a few pages of Gaunt's
is there any consitency in Abnett's work for Marines power levels?
In Rising they're dying left and right and in that first story of Brotherhood of the snake an initiate dicks on DEldar squad like no biggie
>>
>>52408029
Guardfags hate him! Shit-tier codexes become WAACfag garbage with this one weird trick!
>>
>>52408841
only read those of Abnett's I meant*
>>
>>52408841
Abnett is extremely liberal with the fluff, and loooves snowflakes.
ADB has the same problem. These fucks don't know to play by the rules.
>>
>>52408862
That's something pretty consistent across both bl and gw desu.
>>
Guys is Solaria from DOW3 fluff friendly or not?
>>
>Read the the Tau codex
>a Tau commander defeats a Novamarine captain but spares his life
>The Novamarine captain later defeats the Tau commander later but spares his life

Can anyone explain the logic behind this? In war we are supposed to destroy our enemies especially if they are xenos.
>>
>>52408862
>complains about writer making snowflakes
>GW literally just had a 3 part event with 9 special snowflakes
>>
>>52408825
Daemon Princes with rerolling 2+ armour
Choose a new Warlord every time one snuffs it
Infiltrating troop-Chosen shenanigans
Decurion that lets you start with all your infantry sitting in 2+ cover
>>
>>52408879
Yes, the leader of the Imperial Knights in FoC had a vagina for example.

Though what is not fluff friendly is Solaria ordering Gabe around.
>>
>>52408887
There's a lot of random 40k fluff lying around about dumb marines who chose honor over exterminating xenos and chaos filth on sight and got wrecked for it.
>>
>>52408892
But they are well written snowflakes.
>>
>>52408892
Litteraly no one apart from maybe Guiliman is a snowflake.

They all make mistakes, aren't perfect etc.

My biggest gripe with ADB's and Abnett's characters/settings is that they're always special, one of a kind, etc.
>>
File: 1486771881923.jpg (442KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1486771881923.jpg
442KB, 2000x1087px
>>52408913
>Gathering shitstorm
>Well written
>>
>>52408913
Voldus does fuck all for 90% of GS3 beyond just sorta being there and being a Grey Knight. I wouldn't call him badly written but he's not exactly well written either.
>>
>>52408922
Yvraine is painfully snowflaky.
>>
>>52408887
This sounds like a retarded fanfiction
>>
Since I can't spot an RPG thread - what happened to Dark Heresy 2e? FFG run out of money?
>>
>>52408925
Name three faults in its writing.

You can't.

>>52408943
It's not though.
>>
>>52408955
GW canceled FFG's license.
>>
File: 1487991498252.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1487991498252.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>52408922
>Ynnari
>not snowflakes
>Yvraine is a goddamn Sue
>>
>>52408897
Infiltrate seems neat
How does Alpha stack up with the rest of the traitor legions
>>
>>52408922
guilliman was fairly well done, I thought

eldar bint's another story entirely, and honestly I'd rather have had more from her beta (but cool looking) orbiter
>>
>>52408913
>Well-written

>Eldar red armor dude who did absolutely nothing except for being a creepy stalker
>Eldar she Mary-sue witch who did everything from comeback from the dead, pull a cronesword out of her ass, resurrecting dead dude to turn rubric marine into normal marine.
>>
>>52408962
Shame. Ever get a reason, or was it more of a fuck you?
>>
File: 1486826616054.png (42KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1486826616054.png
42KB, 853x543px
>>52408979

Please tell me someone has the Cold-Steel Yvraine
>>
>>52408937
>>52408965
I'd agree if she and her people weren't considered as weirdos and wackos by the rest of the Eldar. Plus the fact that this may or may not work in the end.

And back to the point, I can agree with snowflakes in official material directly from GW.

Not so much when Abnett's rape the fluff for his special chapter or ADB does it to create his own special super powerful sorcer/prophet that is not a sorcerer/GK that is super strong you guys/ etc.
>>
>>52408968
2nd/3rd best behind death guard and about equal to emperor's children
>>
>>52408985
It was pretty mutual from my understanding.
>>
>>52408994
>weren't considered as weirdos and wackos by the rest of the Eldar

Not true by the end of the book and GS3 in which major craftworlds have sided with the Ynnari.
>>
>>52409001
Nice
I wish they got models or unique characters...
>>
>>52408323
Oh god...he...he doesn't know...
>>
>>52408150
>this means they basically need to be shot with anti tank stuff to die.

Nonsense, you just gotta bring lots of S3 dakka (on average you'll need 36 lasgun shots from regular guardsmen if I mathhammered correctly)
>>
>>52408937
I'll admit i haven't read all this gathering storm crap but i don't really get how. She's just the eldar with the best resume who happened to be around at the time. How is she different from Primarchs, Necron characters, tau characters, daemon characters, assassins, living saints etc?
>>
>>52408985
Something to do with FFG being bought by another company, which triggered a cancellation clause or something in the contract and for whatever reason GW did not renew the contract. Either GW doesn't trust whoever bought FFG, they want to make their own RPGs (possible considering all the board games/boxed games they are doing right now, shows a will to do stuff like this) or they plan to shop around with other companies.
>>
>>52409074
Did you remember spawn have 3 wounds? As long as you did that you probably math-hammered correctly.
>>
File: 200% sad.png (362KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
200% sad.png
362KB, 497x732px
>>52409101
I liked what FFG was putting out.

Oh well. I'll live. I mean, I assume I will - I've made resin molds before, so a GW deathsquad of their redshirts kicking my door in and breathing heavily all over my loungeroom until I asphyxiate from the fumes is kind of possible, I guess.
>>
Long winded post leading to a simple question: Recently got back into building after a 7? year break. Purely building, I don't have the time to play. Got a pack of 40k Orks. I have one with a mini gun that he's feeding with his other hand. The bullets hang off his hand and there's another sling of bullets hanging out his backpack. I'm sure you know which figure I mean. My question is, what materials and methods should I use to scratch build a sling to connect the bullets from his backpack to his hand? If what I'm asking doesn't make sense, I'll post a pic when home.
>>
>>52408443
the soldiers of the Astra Militarum, even stoic veterans
>>
>Necrons are undead seeking a pathway back to flesh and life
>Ynnead is a god of death capable of taking life as well as restoring it
>Yvraine in book 3 urges the Eldar to make contact with the Necrons and form an alliance with them

I get it now. Yvraine will bargain with the Necrons. If the Necrons lend their legions to the Eldar cause, then Ynnead would restore them to life and give them back their souls.

Can you guys think of good names for Eldar&Necron formations?
>>
>>52409136
It's not a minigun, also good fucking luck. Maybe styrene/plasticard tubes connected with thin strips of tape or thin plasticard.
>>
>>52409074
>>52409107
Also if im being honest i don't mind spending 36 points to soak up that many shots, especially considering how much more it will take if its in cover instead of me flailing it impotently in the middle of nowhere.
>>52409140
The veterans are not stoic, they are lucky and just as cowardly as the rest.
AVITUS DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>52409028
well with morty, gulli and magnus back, alpharius may be coming back.as well as all of the other live primarchs, what I'm interested in more is the book that comes with him and the advancing of the alpha legion plot as they aren't real chaos.
>>
>>52409142
That is the least retarded way to have necrons be allies with someone i have heard. I'm actually relatively impressed by GW if this is legit, its not great but its passable.
>>
File: cosmos.jpg (2MB, 1213x5515px) Image search: [Google]
cosmos.jpg
2MB, 1213x5515px
In case it hasn't been posted yet.
>>
>>52409156
Night Lords aren't "real chaos" either and their primarch is still on an eternal cliffhanger.
>>
>>52409142
'Balenorn'.
>>
>>52409147
>not a minigun
My bad. Don't know any Ork lore. Also doesn't help that I don't play so not required to know weapon names for point addition.
I'll give those a look. Thanks.
>>
>>52409133
I kinda liked it but the one i wanted to be good the most was black crusade and they fucked it up by making humans and marines not fit together. They seriously undervalued marines holy shit i have no idea how they thought 2000 XP was going to make up the difference.
>>
>>52409180
I think it's like Jedi in non EoE games - all or nothing. It's not really a question with a good answer.
>>
>>52408925
>>52408965
>le laughing cuckold of social justice
Amazed I still see these reaction images.
>>
>>52409142
1. soul restoration force
2. triumvirate of the undead/soulless/dead
>>52409171
well, sounds interesting, hopefully both get an update soon
>>
File: Exterminatus.jpg (64KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Exterminatus.jpg
64KB, 900x506px
INITIATE

E X T E R M I N A T U S
>>
>>52409235
>Eternal cliffhanger
Bitch, he's as dead as Ferrus Manus.
>>
>>52409202
But that's FFG's fault too! In the films both types of characters can work together without problems because the non-jedi characters are capable of absurd feats (in the prequels/return of the jedi) or the jedi are still relatively weak. They did a botched balance job, its not a hard problem to solve.

For fucks sake with chaos the ability to grant gifts, mutations and strange bonded weapons gives a huge number of narrative tools to make non-marines as powerful as marines, if the game had represented that instead of "2000 xp then you progress at same rate" there would be no issue!
FFG has the same attitude as the people who made wizards stronger than fighters in most editions of D&D. No it is not difficult to balance, you are just purposefully doing it wrong because you lack imagination.

A simple answer to how to have done this with chaos humans is to give them several thousand XP worth of mutations/boons (to match them up with marine implants) and significantly better access to gear (to match them to legion gear) but no they insisted that "humans should be skillmonkeys" and then made marines better at skillmonkeying.
>>
Wait
Hold on a minute
If I want to use both Skitarii and Admech together in a single army LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE I'd have to bring two cads or a cad and an allied detachment?!
>>
>>52409267
What part of "404 footage of death not found" did you not understand?
>>52409276
Or some weird detachments.
>>
>>52409276
You can run the Grand Convocation detachment if you want to freely build, other than that there are a couple of decurion style detachments.
>>
Does anyone know a good painting tutorial for the soul grinder?
>>
>>52409271
FFG aren't the only people publishing SW rpgs, and their edge of the empire one is the only one to do it even slightly reasonably. But that's because they're the weaker untrained kind, as you mention.

I don't think you can really maintain the uniqueness and devastation capability of the marines if you just say 'oh, humans are now mutants like them too'. Maybe just do as you suggest, but as an appendix - matching marines or something silly as a title.
>>
>>52409261
I feel like it'd be possible if I had more belts. There any where to buy specific parts?
>>
>>52409292
>>52409284
I was just thinking of taking the start collecting box + one box of destroyer servitors + one box of Skitarii rangers/vanguard but it seems like I can't? I haven't read the books yet because I'm not sure if I really want to start another army on top of my already existing ones.
>>
>>52409303
But anon Humans are better than marines. They don't need super mutant geneseed powers to their work.

They shit their pants in fear but still do it by sheer manliness.
>>
>>52409284
Your footahe not found was described in great details in Void Stalker years ago. He ain't got no head no more and the assasin was killed by Talos.
>>
>>52409322
The Grand Convocation requires two HQs to run, but really there isn't anything wrong with running a Skitarii Maniple (they cannot take a CAD as they have no HQ unit other than Cawl from Fall of Cadia) and a Cult Mech allied unit with the Dominus from the Skitarii start collecting box and the kataphrons.
>>
>>52409303
A champion of fucking chaos is already an impressive enough title. Holy fuck dark heresy, which THEY published had plenty of enemies that were daemon possessed, warp infused, had daemon weapons, were just mutated as fuck, or otherwise proved to be just as a challenging fight as a chaos legionnaire was. Black Crusade starts off at a higher level of power than dark heresy even if you play purely normies because nobody wants to play a cultist, since cultists operate in massive numbers and die so fast there's no opportunity to advance. There needs to be no more justification than "this human is a champion of chaos" as to why he can beat a space marine.

Fucks sake the genestealer cults have shit tons of example of things stong as, nearly as strong as or stronger than a chaos space marine, if they can do it with a bit of gene mixing the dark gods can do a lot better than that.
>>
>>52409345
>Skitarii Maniple + Allied Formation
Who would be my Warlord in that case?
>>
>>52409390
A character unit from the skitarii maniple. Like a sergeant or some shit. I'd take the maniple as the ally.
>>
>>52409171
I thought the assassin brought the head out for everyone to see?
All I can think of with that is him being revived through some warpfuckery, if they were to even allow that to bring him back. Otherwise he's dead bro.
>>
>>52409390
Vanguard alpha in a 10 model vanguard unit with 3 plasma calivers
>>
>>52409390
You can make a Skitarii alpha (one of the squad leaders) your warlord. The Skitarii Maniple sorta accounts for this since your warlord gets preferred enemy in addition to whatever trait you roll.
>>
>>52409390
One of your skitarii sergents, thats why they all have 2 wounds, and a warlord chart
>>
>>52409142
Necron souls are gone, though, Ynnead can't just shit out new souls, it used the existing ones of the Thousand Sons to bring them back. That's why the Necrons are so fucked, because no amount of sorcery can save them, their souls are gone, nonexistant.
>>
>>52409398
>A character unit from the skitarii maniple. Like a sergeant or some shit. I'd take the maniple as the ally.
Except there's no Cult Mechanicus formation where I can only take one techpriest dominus and a unit of servitors.
>>
>>52407560
Ive actually thought for a long time that Nobz should be able to take tons of equipment, but some of it should change their name for clarity. Like, you could have a painboy nob called a painboss or something, and a burna nob called something more original. Point being, I totally agree, but one problem you run into there is drastic differences in capabilities that may not exactly work themselves out clearly in wysiwyg.

The reason warbosses get a pass is because you have far fewer of those than you do nobs.
>>
>>52408451
what if it was a burrito made of souls
>>
>Have Hellions from Gangs of Comm set
>decide to use them for shits and giggles
>take unit of 10 with Heliarch and Stunclaw
>Run them around cover and shit
>mostly ignored because Reavers and Trueborn
>warlord captain and termie friends port down by hellions
>take down trueborn venom with ass canon
>finished off by stern guard
>decide to go for terminators
>keep them busy or die trying
>jump into position to hit sgt
>cause 9 wounds
>doesnt bother LoS for sgt
>fails one save and dies
>assault
>lose 3 to overwatch
>my 5 remaining dudes make it in
>roll +1S for drugs
>issue challenge
>accepts
>heliarch cause 2 wounds at I6
>rolls a 1 for save
>dies to stunclaw
>squad get annihilated by powerfists

And that's how a terminator captain died to a Hellion. Christ, they're bad, but that was funny.
>>
>>52407872
how do you paint that gold? look good
>>
File: 1488175686725.png (313KB, 509x625px) Image search: [Google]
1488175686725.png
313KB, 509x625px
>Spend several hours painting one model because Im slow
>Ends up looking like shit to me when Im done
>Have had a huge backlog for over a year

I want to die lads
>>
File: pmcVDmU.jpg (649KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
pmcVDmU.jpg
649KB, 1275x1650px
>>52407508
http://imgur.com/gallery/qbJaI

There's a coloring book.
>>
>>52409454
git gud scrub
More helpfully, stick at it, it really is a practice thing, you'll get there anon, i believe in you :3
>>
>>52409465
>>>/reddit
>>
>>52409470
Not him, but its pretty funny, dont be a shithead
>>
This is a basic list made up of only what i have + a daemon prince i already intend to get.
How are the upgrade choices and what should i consider purchasing to make this a better army?
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg (502KB, 1800x1766px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts.jpg
502KB, 1800x1766px
>>52409509
Excuse me i am an idiot there's a reason i don't devote myself to tzeentch.
>>
File: 1488634446607.jpg (354KB, 1115x1386px) Image search: [Google]
1488634446607.jpg
354KB, 1115x1386px
>>52409454

I know that feel anon. Just keep painting, and eventually you will start to like how your models turn out.

Let St Duncan's holy light protect you.
>>
>>52409465

At least they got the eyes right but by the throne their plot is horrible. It is like their gm wrote the whole thing while he was high.
>>
File: 2FxjCG5.jpg (592KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
2FxjCG5.jpg
592KB, 1275x1650px
>>52409465
>he would never have gotten away with it for the emperor is always watching
>this whole page, especially the fine print
i fucking love it
>>
>>52409454
Painting is like golf. You are either born good at it or must practice a lot to be mediocre and eventually passable to one day good.
>>
>>52409520
>>52409509
So i take the marines are deathguard? if so drop one marine, (the missile laucher, dont mix heavy and special weapons that shoot at diffrent things), use the point to give your lord the death guard deamon weapon, and have him run with them. he will die by himself

Baleful torrent on the soulgrinder is shit, use the point to buy ML 3 on the DP, and get him to roll on biomancy
>>
There anywhere to buy specific parts?
>>
>>52409563
google 'bitz 40k'
>>
>>52409406
If a Sister of Silence developed a soul through sorcery, then maybe the Necrons can be saved.

Of course none of that matters since the Eldar most likely won't fulfill their part of the bargain it being just a deception like many they are known for.
>>
>>52409574
>If a Sister of Silence developed a soul through sorcery

Holy shit what? Could I get a source and a page, which book was this in?
>>
>>52409568
Thanks
>>
>>52409549
Yes Death Guard. I was planning to roll on biomancy already, but okay, i will take more of it. Doesn't the soul grinder need/want one of the mouthguns?
I suppose you are right, i forgot i had nowhere to put the lord since the rhino seats ten. I blame the imperium for designing such a shit transport. The plasma gun and the krak missile seemed fairly similar to me for light vehicle/monstrous creature busting and heavy vehicles should be left in the trusty hands of the plaguebearers and their touch of gauss.
>>
>>52409549
>>52409596
Oh also what is the best rhino setup?
>>
>>52408513
i cry evrytim
>>
>>52409482
Not him, but he took it from reddit
>>
>>52409465

Printing this out for my 3 year old daughter as we speak
>>
>>52409627
REDDIT BAD 4CHAN GOOD REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1455508497507.gif (910KB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
1455508497507.gif
910KB, 320x181px
>>52408513
Well shit anon. This is just...
>>
>>52409638

Why dont you fuck off back to there than?
>>
>>52409528
>not a left handed brush
>>
>>52409454
Speaking of begining in painting.
How do you handle hand shaking ?
>>
>>52409643
Why dont you stop being an insufferable autist?
>>
Judging by my local store manager's cries of joy, I daresay that Shadow war is looking promising.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts(1).jpg (463KB, 1800x1705px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1500pts(1).jpg
463KB, 1800x1705px
>>52409650
Firm, try and get the palm in but do not apply force to or "grab" the other persons fingers, get a grip on their actual hand or you will just seem like a finger crushing dick.
>>52409549
Thanks a ton anon. I look forward to being tabled using this.
>>
File: IMG_0007.jpg (991KB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0007.jpg
991KB, 1920x2560px
Purity Seal a shit.
>>
>>52409665
Unless you can play as daemons (preferably PLAY AS not "summon in") i'm not too hype.
>>
File: 1424786640921.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1424786640921.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>52409643
>than
>>
>>52408513
So I'm a blank?
>>
>>52409454
You can do what all those others say or pay me to paint your army for you. I'm quite hand and my hourly rate is low.
>>
>>52409689
Speaking of which, i was told recently that "daemons are created a particular type of daemon and can't change that" but i can't find any reference to this in the daemons codex or 40k core rulebook. I know daemons have names, allies, personalities and consciousness, plus the daemons codex shows some of them being exemplars of their kind in the form of the "sergeant" demons and their varying rewards.

Is there any reason you couldn't have daemons that "level up" and develop new skills/get new rewards from the gods for something like a necromunda style game?
>>
>>52409586
It's an audiobook.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy/hh-audio/the-voice-audio.html
>>
>>52408513
Too real man. Too real T_T
>>
>>52408513
>>52409615
>>52409641
>>52409724
>>52409790
Can a writefag make something of this ala Love and Krieg?
with a happy ending, of course
>>
>>52409768
In fact doesn't skulltaker's story directly show an example of daemon created as an ordinary bloodletter "advancing" in Khorne's service?
>>
File: Eight hosts.png (53KB, 532x813px) Image search: [Google]
Eight hosts.png
53KB, 532x813px
>>52409768
Skulltaker was an ordinary Bloodletter until he impressed Khorne into promoting him.

Khorne Greater Daemons compete with each other to raise in the 8 hosts.
>>
File: e9d[1].jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d[1].jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>52409682
>>
Are ork warbikes worth it? I mean having warbikers but also having the warboss, big mek and painboy on warbikes. I wanted to make a biker gang army.

Why are there no formations of bikers?
>>
>>52409816
So there are 16777216 Bloodthirsters? There are nearly 17 times as many Bloodthirsters as there are Loyalist Marines.
>>
>>52409821
Fuck, i forgot to put in the allied detachment for the CSM. Thanks anon checking what you were talking about helped me spot that.
>>
>>52409832
This is why the inquisition is justified in what it does.
>>
>>52409832
Yes, but most of them fight in the Great Game, it's hard as fuck to summon one. and then they get banished for a thousand years.
>>
>>52409842
Anon, i'm the one asking for a tip to deal with shaking hands because of too much cofee while painting.
Thus i was refering to your low quality bait of an answer.
>>
>>52409832
Lucky the Imperium has more than enough lasguns.

Pure humans 1 - Rest of the galaxy -9000
>>
>>52409859
Oh I have no doubt of that, it's just now we finally have a general number.
>>
>>52409832
And each and every single one commands a legion of lesser daemons. So lets say a single BT controls about 1 million bloodletters. How many lesser daemons do these Great Daemons collectively command?
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 1500pts.jpg (494KB, 1800x1766px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 1500pts.jpg
494KB, 1800x1766px
>>52409821
>>52409842
Here you go fixed it.
>>52409859
I have no idea how the fuck the chaos gods sell that bullshit that "there's no time in the warp" and get people to believe it. If time was meaningless in the warp the chaos gods would have invaded terra before they themselves were created. They have some time fuckery but there clearly is a sense of linear time in the warp, it just stretches and loops sometimes.
>>52409866
Oh. I was making a joke. My hands only shake a little bit and i haven't figured out how to fix it so i cant help you. In my case i just don't do fine detail work on human or below sized models. I'm trying to learn drybrushing and wash techniques that can help hide this.
>>
>>52409879
How do you know that there is only 8 bloodthirsters in the first host though?
>>
>>52409897
16,777,216,000,000, or about 17 trillion.
>>
>>52409908
This is a fair point, it never tells us, but at the same time I wouldn't think it unreasonable to assume 8, or at the very least likely not many more or less than 8.
>>
>>52409904
It's almost like the ''gods'' are just cosmic parasites feeding of the collective subconsciousness of the human race, and they have to constantly lie and deceive their followers. Of course, don't tell ADB that, you'll ruin his wankfest.
>>
>>52409904
>I have no idea how the fuck the chaos gods sell that bullshit that "there's no time in the warp" and get people to believe it. If time was meaningless in the warp the chaos gods would have invaded terra before they themselves were created. They have some time fuckery but there clearly is a sense of linear time in the warp, it just stretches and loops sometimes.

How many times dies this have to be explain to you dumbfucks?

NECRON PYLONS!

These pylons prevented Chaos from invading the galaxy in any apocalyptic scale. In fact, the pylons are the ONLY thing keeping the galaxy from sinking into the Warp.

As for time shenanigans, before the time War in Heaven started, the Warp was infested with Chaos daemons to the point that the Old Ones had to create Daemon Cages and the Webway to address their threat. Heck, Be'lakor the creation of the Chaos Gods (including Slaanesh) has memories of those times. Having been on the Necrontyr Necropolis and one of the Eldar homeworlds.
>>
>>52409937
Go home Aaron.
>>
>>52409904
>I have no idea how the fuck the chaos gods sell that bullshit that "there's no time in the warp" and get people to believe it.

The Chaos Gods don't try to sell that, the writers do, and were either being non-literal or fail. Time and space have a clear reference in the Immaterium, it's just malleable, which makes extra sense once you consider the 'Realm of Souls' once reflecting the materium a little better before Chaos got their hands on it. To me, it seems like the Warp does have a spacetime reference naturally, the constant thrashing of Chaos is just bending it all sorts of ways.
>>
File: Be'lakor the Great.jpg (197KB, 868x675px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor the Great.jpg
197KB, 868x675px
>>52409944
No.
>>
>>52409825
I also have a deep interest in this
>>
>>52409945
Only on the upper layer of the Warp. In the depths of the Warp where no navigator or psyker can see into its total Chaos (pardon the pun).

According to the HH, the Chaos Gods hid themselves in the lower levels since primordial times waiting for the time when to rise and consume the materium.
>>
>>52409937
>NECRON PYLONS!

So go back before the Pylons were made and kill the Necrons if the Chaos Gods can just shit out stuff wherever and whenever from being immune to causality. It's not that hard, either Chaos is easily the most incompetent faction in the entire setting, they're fucking about and not taking anything seriously, or they're not as limitless as Aaron is pushing them to be.
>>
>>52409874
At first I was going to laugh at this but turns out Las guns can hurt Greater demons of Khorn
>>
>>52409964
Whatever happened to the gods not wanting to destroy the physical universe because they had a symbiotic relationship with it? Was that too morally complex or something?
>>
>>52409978
Unless you are T7 lasgun can kill anything. For T7 or above we just use bigger lasguns.

Other weapons are you even trying?
>>
>>52409983
>Whatever happened to X

Aaron and Goulding happened, Horus Heresy also happened. It seems as if none of the writers can agree what Chaos is supposed to be or not, but these days there's more of a push for Chaos just being omnipotent and omniscient and unbeatable and that every struggle in 40k is pointless because Chaos Stronk.
>>
>>52409983
The symbiotic relationship, ehe old ones predating the gods and the gods having less shitty aspects which aren't active right now because the galaxy sucks, have basically fallen by the wayside because they didn't wank off chaos hard enough.
>>
>>52409964
>o go back before the Pylons were made and kill the Necrons

Why would they? The Great Game of Chaos is more important. It's been esblished that the Chaos Gods view the materium as only a distraction from the game and that their plans for it cannot be derails so easily by anything in it.

The fact remains that the Chaos Gods shit on linear time whenever they wish. Be'lakor being the most important example. Being created by Slaanesh and being around since times of before the War in Heaven.

There is another example of the Tzeentchian time travelling daemon prince that went to the end of the universe and is travelling to its beginning all while counting the days.
>>
Why is Tzeentch the enemy of Nurgle and Slaanesh the enemy of Khorne?
Khorne values martial skill and Slaanesh respects that more than any other god. Tzeentch and Nurgle both exemplify aspects of change, nurgle brings about decay and growth, both of which are literaly fucking changes.
Shouldn't Khorne be rivals with Tzeentch because fuck magic and Nurgle be rivals with Slaanesh because Slaanesh represents self-obsession whilst Nurgle wants people to be selfless and make way for the next generation and other life?
>>
>>52409998
It's not pointless. The Devil cannot beeat god but he tries anyways because he has to. This is the same in 40K for grimdark purposes. Everyone fighting Chaos, that's going win in the end, just to keep living for another day. That struggle is what makes 40K. If you expecting a happy ending then you are in the wrong setting so I recommend you go to a noblebright-like setting like AoS.
>>
>>52410013
So what you're telling me is the Gods recoiling in fear when the Emperor came into power and Slaanesh being concerned over Ynnead is just a canon misunderstanding because the Chaos Codex says nothing can beat the Gods and nothing ever stood a chance?

Further: we know Chaos can sometimes fuck with time, that's not in question, but it's still only a few examples in countenance to all the suggestions that the Warp tends to follow time in a really malleable sense.

Either way, hopefully we can at least agree that the canon is fucked because the writers cannot seem to agree what they want out of Chaos, which has been going on for a long time.
>>
>tfw no Autarch plastic where you are given multiple pieces to customize your Autarch's loadout
>all aspects except DA are metal
>newest Eldar plastic release was just to correct a "bad" GW financial choice: reducing # of DAs in box from 10 to 5
>>
>>52409682
Looks alright. good luck friendo
>>
>>52410038
Except the point is that it's not everyone struggling just for another day, it's everyone struggling and Chaos deciding not to do anything about it because they give minimal shits. If we're to believe this whole beyond time and space thing then the Chaos Gods can just jump back and erase everyone, all that fighting was for less than nothing because now they didn't live at all. I'm not one for a happy ending, I'm one for things meaning something, which no actions do in modern 40k.
>>
>>52410050
New fluff, as in anything past 4th kind of forgot the point of 40k.

The fluff before 3rd is a different lore than the one in 3rd to 4th.

5th to 7th is not the 40k made during 3rd and 4th.
>>
>>52409454
Protip: simplify your schemes. Start batch paid ting and using more sprays. Spray the base coat. Try to do at leaSt 5 models at a time.

Ask your local fags for help with coming up with a quick, effective scheme.
>>
>>52409998
Honestly I preferred the old end game for Chaos where bringing down the Imperium was more the CSM's bag than the gods' themselves. There's something so much more dull about WELL THE BAD GUYS ARE BAD AND WANT TO DESTROY THE WORLD REEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>52410061
>all aspects except DA are metal
They are resin

GW should add more bare heads and female models imo.
>>
File: DrachArt.jpg (55KB, 355x601px) Image search: [Google]
DrachArt.jpg
55KB, 355x601px
>>52410050
>So what you're telling me is the Gods recoiling in fear when the Emperor

They don't fear the Emperor. It's been established that the Emperor fears them. He can't seal the Gateway to Gods because coming directly to their presence means suicide for him. He couldn't defeat Drach'nyen in combat, a single Undivided daemon. The Emperor was just a would-be servant that went rogue and broke his oath.

>Slaanesh being concerned over Ynnead is just a canon misunderstanding

Nope, Slaanesh has amble reason to fear Ynnead since a god can kill another god.

>Chaos Codex says nothing can beat the Gods and nothing ever stood a chance?

It just says that their plans for the Materium proceed and that they think that nothing can stop them. There is literally nothing that says that they can't be derailed or delayed.

>few examples in countenance to all the suggestions that the Warp tends to follow time in a really malleable sense.

Again, only for the upper levels and ONLY when the Necron Pylons were created. As I said, Chaos daemons were a problem for the Old Ones.

>canon

The issue here is that you cling to old fluff when you should discard it utterly and adopt the new lore. This is the source of the confusion. STOP IT. The old lore sucked hard.
>>
>>52407706
>Killing Typhus
>Looting the Mark of Nurgle
>>
>>52410093
>Bulk of your army 1997
>Last update 2004
>Ok.jpg

Yes other armies need updates, specially Orks and IG. Eldar come third. Mine can wait another decade.
>>
>>52410068
Which is hell on the community. I head cannon it that the Chaos Gods just claim that nothing in the materium matters or can threaten them. They were afraid of Emps till Horus put him on the big gold chair.

Slaanesh is concerned about the new Eldar god, but it is still a baby god and has a lot less power than her. So he has that filed under shit to keep an eye on.
>>
>>52410109
>old lore is bad
Not that anon but look at this cash and laugh
>>
>>52410109
>There is literally nothing that says that they can't be derailed or delayed.

'Oh no something bad happened, better go back and make sure that never happened, there we go.'
>>
>>52410109
>Nope, Slaanesh has amble reason to fear Ynnead since a god can kill another god.

I need a source that gives us any reason to believe Ynnead could even remotely threaten someone that could just make it so the Eldar never existed in the first place.
>>
>>52410109
What? The Chaos Daemons codex explicitly lists the rise of the emperor as a dangerous event that caused the four chaos gods to use all of their power to try to destroy the emperor.
>>
>>52410067
>. If we're to believe this whole beyond time and space thing then the Chaos Gods can just jump back and erase everyone

And they would never do that because it wouldn't be fun. The Chaos Gods require entertainment. One of the reasons why Abaddon came down to the surface of Cadia instead of blowing it up from orbit was because the Chaos Gods demanded one final battle for them to enjoy.

Erasing everything from the start means no wars, no plans, no plagues, and no pleasure. Which goes against the point of their being.

The point is the galaxy exists for the amusement of the gods and they wouldn't destroy it without a proper send off. Anything less won't do. They will try and try again until they get it right. And this is where the races step in to delay the coming doom.
>>
>>52410109
Chaos demon and the Warp didn't even exist at first. The War in Heaven created the Warp. Before that a place called the Realm of souls existed. All the dead ancients rotting existence fucked that place into the Warp, and the new born demons gobbled up the remaining Ancients.
>>
>>52410147
If Ynnead is born in the Warp like his/her bother then it means that he exist and doesn't exist at the same time in all timelines which renders the existence or extinction of the Eldar moot.
>>
>>52410151
This still doesn't address the fact that if anything happens that could genuinely contest them they could just erase it from ever happening. The issue isn't that the Chaos Gods are fucking about, that's fine, the issue is that the moment they get serious they could just wave their hand and erase the entire 40k setting as we see it because it inconvenienced them to a point where they'd rather start again.

There is absolutely no dramatic tension.
>>
>>52410151
Plus they can't go back further than the Birth of the Warp, at the end of the War in Heaven.
>>
Man the chaos gods rivalry is annoying as fuck. If i want to run a chaos army and like the units that represent Khorne/Slaanesh or Tzeentch/Nurgle then using those units without throwing in the other gods to make it "undivided" makes it look like im breaking fluff.
If i told you my dual god army was about the two sets of servants of the gods in a constant rivalry trying to one up each other would you dig it or say im full of shit?
>>
>>52410166
If we take the line that is constantly repeated that there is "no concept of time in the warp" then they can, because causality isn't a problem for them. Going back to before their own creation wouldn't matter, because they aren't time travelling and changing their past, they don't deal in things like "time" to begin with. For them it would be like walking from point A to point B, then dropping a nuke on point A. They are in point B and are safe, the fact they came from there doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>52410164
And therefore the Chaos Gods allowed a realm in which they could easily erase any problems to create a permanent problem for them, so they're incompetent. It's like letting the guy you're staring down the barrel of the gun at grab his own gun when you have all that time to shoot him, shoot his gun or alter reality itself to make sure there never was a gun.
>>
>>52410149
They were uniting to put down the monster they created in the first place. He was a threat to their plans. Not really him but the Webway project he was working on.

>>52410166
>>52410156
Wrong.

Refer to Traitors Hate/Angel's Blade. Read the portion about the Daemon Cage.
>>
>>52410172
I'd say, you better have 2 HQ choices. One for each god.
>>
>>52410117
>Plastic Eldrad isn't available while Artemis is.
Why?
>>
>>52410172
Naa thtas cool. what legion would they based off? or is it like a combi-army of world eaters and EC who are bros?
>>
>>52410191
They are mad entities of godly arrogance and hubris. And why is it a bad thing?

>>52410172
Dual God armies are perfectly canon. Google the Brazen Host.

>>52410165
THEY.WILL.NEVER.DO.IT

They will take the L and rage but they will not ever do that. It's a non-issue. So far the only Chaos entity that reset the a setting's timeline to ensure a favoured outcome was Be'lakor and it was in fantasy. Your concerns are not valid, pal.
>>
>>52410206
>>52410198
It'd be Daemons, mostly because i like/collect nurgle/death guard but i really like the new lord of change model and horrors splitting mechanic is really cool. I don't see a great way to combine tzeentch with death guard though, Tzaangors are kinda cool but Death Guard already have access to tougher cultists.
>>
Do we have armageddon shadow war scans yet?
>>
>>52410188
More of entering a reality poisonous to them. I mean they could do it but it would extremely hazardous to them.

The Realm of souls was Antithesis to what The Warp is. Which is why it took the War in heaven to change it into the toxic demon breeding pit it is now. And an environment that sustains the dark gods.
>>
File: 7thEdition State of the Game.jpg (161KB, 797x421px) Image search: [Google]
7thEdition State of the Game.jpg
161KB, 797x421px
>>52407602
Additionally, one of the options is worse against most opponents than the upgrade. Big Choppas are 5 points to make your dude worse against most the common targets, and not much better against many.

Additionally, Meks/Big Meks can't even take burnas any more for some crazy reason.
>>
>>52410217
>They are mad entities of godly arrogance and hubris. And why is it a bad thing?

It wouldn't be if it weren't for how the writers were handling it, why do you think so many people are disgruntled by Ezekyle 'gets punked but it doesn't matter because Warmaster Stronk cannot lose' Abbadon's fluff?

>They will take the L and rage but they will not ever do that. It's a non-issue. So far the only Chaos entity that reset the a setting's timeline to ensure a favoured outcome was Be'lakor and it was in fantasy. Your concerns are not valid, pal.

Wait, are you actually considering this from an in-character perspective instead of as a writing quality perspective? Please tell me you're not.
>>
>>52410228
That's headcanon, dude. Stop spouting it.
>>
>>52410228
I don't think you quite understand. See the chaos gods don't have to enter that environment, because they aren't time travelling. Time doesn't exist in the warp, they can simply alter time from before the war in heaven without leaving or altering the warp as it exists for them. Indeed, as time doesn't exist in the warp the warp predates the realm of souls, just as the realm of souls probably has some timeless part that still exists now long after its corruption, because THERE IS NO TIME.
>>
>>52410218
Ahh fuck it, go for it. post your current list.
wait for mortarion to come out, and get two primarchs in your army
>>
>>52410218
I kinda figured you meant demons.

I still think you should bring 2 HQ choices. One for Great Unclean One, One Big Bird.
>>
>>52410246
>THERE IS NO TIME.
this is simply untrue, and you have no evidence. the only thing we do have i that time runs diffremntly when comparing real space, and warp space.
>>
>>52410246
What is the Ordo Chronos.

Oh wait GW forgot about them.
>>
>>52410172
>>52410218
That's literally just a Nugle/Tzeentch version of the brazen host.
>>
>>52410237
>Ezekyle 'gets punked but it doesn't matter because Warmaster Stronk cannot lose' Abbadon's fluff?

I think that people are just being idiots because they are allergic to the lore. I have been into that dance before.

People thinking that Creed took part in all 13th Crusades. People thinking that all Crusades were about Cadia. People not understanding the Crimson Path or Pylons. The list goes on.

Anyways, the writers are handling the Chaos Gods pretty well writing them as omnipotent beings crippled only be their own individual eccentricities and insanity. Brilliant.

>writing quality perspective?

Quality. I like when the setting is utterly hopeless that the efforts of the heroes are not what saving the day but the unstoppable gods own madness is what preventing them from annihilating the galaxy. Grimdark as fuck.
>>
>>52410255
I don't want Magnus. I like Tzeentch Daemons that doesn't mean I'm a Thousand Sons fan.
My current list isn't very good. Its this one >>52409904

>>52410262
Actually i was planning to run Heralds of Nurgle plus a Big Bird. Heralds of Nurgle seem pretty awesome for their points cost and having 3-4 of them seems really good for generating warp charge dice and if i give some of them baleswords they make any unit they are in a threat to monstrous creatures and annoying shit like kataphrons. Plus the FNP locus is fucking awesome, i only wish Heralds could take a rot fly mount so i could run one with plague drones, but alas it is not meant to be.
>>52410293
Yeah you and the other guy have pretty much solved my concerns. Thanks.
>>
>>52409684
Con you give a guide of that gold anon? like nice
>>
>>52410035
>Why is Tzeentch the enemy of Nurgle and Slaanesh the enemy of Khorne?

Dynamic change vs entropy and indulgence/perfectionism vs sacrifice/pragmatism, respectively.

In the fluff I've read Khornites hate Tzeentch far more than they hate Slaanesh, but it's not mutual as Tzeentch just sees them as something to be manipulated. Khorne and Slaanesh have a more balanced rivalry.

Nurgle worshipers tend to be terrified of death, which is what pushes them to make a pact with the most outwardly vile faction. That's a self obsession, in a way.
>>
>>52410269
>and you have no evidence

Except the codex which says that time and space doesn't exist in the Warp. When the WArp overwhelms reality the first things that are destroyed are time and space
>>
>>52410246
Not quite.
It is explicitly stated that the Warp touches all time, and all space, not that they don't exist there. So travel within the Warp is travel through 4 dimensional space rather than the 3 of travel in the material plane.
>>
For Heralds of Ruin Kill Team what gear should I outfit my Sternguard veterans with? Anything that's an auto-include?
>>
>>52410319
Is the reason why Armless the Harmless can pull the plot armour of "bigger army than the great crusade"

Lazy writing at its finest.
>>
>>52410311
I cant remember what the name of it was but there was a good story when a GUO and a LOC teamed up to mess with the inquisition.

LOC stabbed the GUO in the back turning it in to a sentient, contagious mental disease that fucked up an imperial world.
>>
>>52410317
Sort of Nurgle is also stagnation. And Stagnation is the bigger offense over entropy i.e. Decay whic is a form of change.
>>
File: Nihilism.png (286KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
Nihilism.png
286KB, 889x592px
>>52410317
But Nurgle does not represent entropy at all, he represents growth, decay, hope, despair and desperation. Codex Chaos Daemons describes him as an embodiment of knowledge.
Also his worshippers generally don't fear death, they accept it and welcome it and that's why he lets them live longer, because they have become pic related incarnate. At least that's the understanding i have.
>>
File: Matter of control.png (194KB, 1680x844px) Image search: [Google]
Matter of control.png
194KB, 1680x844px
>>52410328
Time and space mean nothing in the Warp. A statement that been uttered a lot of the fluff itself and characters in the setting that know the Waro better than anyone like Eldrad and the Emperor.

That's why the Eldar living the galaxy is pointless since Chaos would be already waiting for them wherever they go or will follow them there. Chaos knows no limit except the ones it places on itself.
>>
File: 1351722096572.gif (939KB, 180x155px) Image search: [Google]
1351722096572.gif
939KB, 180x155px
>>52410334
>people still butt-blasted that Abaddon is competent
>>
>>52410334
10,000 years to recruit and at least 1 full founding joining his cause. Plus in all likelihood mariens aren't sterile and chaos gives no fucks if you breed an army of loyal warriors.
>>
>>52410357
That's what happens if you tell newfags to follow 1d4 like the fucking bible
>>
>>52410334
He commands a force that dwarfs "anything Horus ever commanded".

10K years is more than enough to build that force out of mortals, marines, and most importantly daemons. We know that daemons in the HH didn't serve Horus directly because he was a tool. Abaddon is the Chaos Ascendant who commands both daemon and mortal. All who are under the star of Chaos.
>>
>>52410357
But anon he is not. His victories are literally "lol this was my plan all along! Ignore that I got assblasted in every other front!"

GW can't write Abaddon as competent without doing anime protagonist plot armour.
>>
>>52410156
That used to be the case before the chaoswank began. Now it's all chaos all the time and the old ones might not even be a thing.

Here's a list of things that almost certainly are no longer true:

>Warp was peaceful until the war in heaven.
>Khorne came into existence in the middle ages due to the crusades/mongol invasion
>Nurgle came into existence due to the black plague
>The gods need a realspace to feed off of
>The gods have positive traits and wouldn't be such massive cunts if the realspace they fed off wasn't so shitty (khorne being strength, tzeentch is ambition, nurgle is love and stability etc)
>The chaos gods are limited to this galaxy
>Malal exists at all

If your argument relies on one of the above points it is probably wrong due to the new chaoswank fluff. Personally I think we are poorer for having lost the above points, but that's a different issue.
>>
>>52410390
Explain why he wouldn't be willing to sell the lives of his men for the favour of the gods, damage to the imperium and distraction from his true goals.

Explain why he wouldn't be capable of doing this. He was the foremost general of the foremost legion of the great crusade.

Just because Imperialfags can't handle the fact that Chaos has a leader who sees the bigger picture and doesn't just do shit for its immediate result doesn't make his success 'plot armour'.
>>
8th edition when?
>>
File: Black Crusdes Brb.png (2MB, 1819x905px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusdes Brb.png
2MB, 1819x905px
>>52410390
He is. You guys still think his crusades were about Cadia.

A lot of his Crusades ended with obvious curbstomping of the Imperials. Like the time he defeated the Imperium and ravaged sector at will or when he exterminated 2 marine chapters in one strike.
>>
>>52410419

The only bigger picture Abafag is seeing is your mums portrait you Chaoscunt.
>>
>>52410328
Pages six and seven and a few other references throughout codex chaos daemons, the most warp focused of all current canon titles directly and without subtlety states there is no time in the warp. Not it works funny like how codex chaos space marines talks about stuff near the warp, but within the warp there is no time.
It also explicitly retcons all the realm of souls and old ones crap, the chaos gods began to form at the dawn of time because the warp existed from the beginning of time till the end of time and most likely beyond it.
>>
>>52410394
Codex chaos daemons does say the gods need realspace because it says "only the actions of mortals can ever increase the power of a god". In context i think it means directly increase their power, because obviously they can beat each other up and shit and get an advantage, so i assume the line is talking about raw soulpower.
Malal never existed in 40k, he was called Malice or whatever in 40k.
>>
>>52410425
This summer.
>>
>>52408922
>Snowflake
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>52407508
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE use the damn standard general picture.
>>
>>52410426
>He is. You guys still think his crusades were about Cadia.

No, we don't, we're just perturbed and/or amused that after being treated like shit in the old lore, GW is pulling a 180 and either retconning or fixing his background (which, in all fairness, they should) to make him seem actually dangerous, before making him look like an arrogant child in Gathering Storm.

It's not that he's competent or incompetent, it's that he's somehow both at the same time because GW just cannot into making Abbadon seem like a real threat without forcing it, and it's entirely their own fault for ruining what was could've been a good character.
>>
>>52410496
Fuck off
>>
>>52408922
>My biggest gripe with ADB's and Abnett's characters/settings is that they're always special, one of a kind, etc.
Be honest anon, would you prefer every BL novel be from the perspective of not special characters? Every two weeks they come out with a two page novel about an Imperial Guardsman running 100 metres, letting off a mag of las rounds then getting shot/stabbed/eaten/melted/stepped on/run over/enslaved/used as a host to summon daemons/had a snotling fired into him?
>>
>>52408428
>>52408428
>The Grey Knights are the exception; relying on psychic warfare as they do, they cannot bear the company of the Silent Sisterhood, and are content to watch them from afar
So how did Big E and the Primarchs (most of whom were at least a little psyky) work with them?
>>
>>52410519
It would make good fap material
>>
>>52410502
>tfw he actually has an interesting story arc in the HH where he acts like a big dumb brute but actually just plays the role because that's what Horus needs from him and is in fact tiny Horus

And then they just made him into a big dumb brute again.
>>
FUCKING SISTERS OF SILENCE NEED TO BE PLEASURED HARD
>>
>>52410519
Unless forced to actually endure what you are describing for months on end, i suspect many anons would say yes. Its like people who say they want to be totally unimportant in an MMO or play a commoner party in D&D. The novelty wears off fast but until you've had that experience the gimmick seems appealing. The truth is not everyone who is unique is some awful mary sue. Achilles was invincible save for his heel and he's a neat character from a neat story.
>>52410560
They Emperor probably had more than big enough balls to just deal with it. The Primarchs probably did as the Grey Knights did and casually strolled a hundred meters away before resuming battle or maybe they gritted their teeth and thought of the imperium.
>>52410572
Slaanesh pls stay.
>>
>>52410574
Yes but do you know how rare it is to find a good blank guy to do it? Seriously the sisters of silence that aren't gay must be pretty cranky. Still gotta imagine all the discipline and training lets them deal with it.
>>
>>52410603
Likely all that sexual frustration has turned into rage
>>
>>52410426
You are aware that they literally moved the location of planets and systems away from The Eye to make it look like his Crusades had some other purpose right?

The whole "Godda destroy dem Plyons" thing is extremely recent to the point where they retconned the 13th Crusade and remade it into what it is now.
>>
File: 8e185ec72bcd42750dff565f1616c872.jpg (134KB, 736x1051px) Image search: [Google]
8e185ec72bcd42750dff565f1616c872.jpg
134KB, 736x1051px
just got into 40k and own a small chaos force. i heard kill team is a good way to play especially if you own a small collection and are new.

do you think some Chosen + chaos cultists will be decent at kill team? any tips from you guys will be much appreciated. i do want to use cultists because im building an alpha legion army and like the idea of regular dudes on the front line
>>
>>52410787
Do the people who play near you use HOR kill team rules or the official ones? I don't know how the official ones work but cultists are cool in cool teams because they still work in a "unit" instead of as individual models and in exchange they cost jack shit points! Most teams other than you and tyranids will struggle to field even ten or more models, but you could in a standard 200 point list have a cultist champion as your leader, 30 cultists divided into 5 squads and then 3 chosen to do the killing whilst the cultists tie shit up and block bullets! Alternatively if you are Alpha Legion or Black Legion you can take Chosen as core, letting you take more than 3 chosen, and you could still take plenty of cultists to support them, but if taking this route its probably better to take a different leader than the cultist champion and maybe only 10-15 cultists.
>>
Is there a way to make right arm wirst mounted stormbolter ?
>>
>>52408055
Change is scary and a lot of people associate the changes with AoS even the ones also from 2nd ed.
>>
>>52410865
You mean regular grey knight thing?
>>
>>52410892
Yeah, for example.
Grey kannigets Storm bolters are left arm....
>>
>>52408323
My sweet summer child.
>>
>>52410852
my store is a GW so im guessing official rules.also you said about 3 chosen. am i missing something with the rules i thought chosen come in a sqaud of 5? i understand they dont need to stand near eachother since every model is its own unit.
>>
>>52410942
Well in HoR kill team at least units do not come in "squads". Every dude is its own little dude except some things like cultists or hormagaunts, which still travel in big groups because they are tiny and weak. I have no idea how real kill team works, sorry.
>>
>>52410944

Edition with 40k as subject.
>>
>>52408513
Sometimes I wonder if my girlfriend is a blank. People are just mean and unfriendly to her all the time. She cries like 3 times a week because no one wants to be her friend and people are unnecessarily shitty to her. She's so friendly and helpful towards people and is always met with disinterest or disgust. I've sat there and watched what she wrote and listened to what she said online, and I'm totally baffled by their response.
>>
>>52410957
ahh ok. well thanks for help anyways
>>
>>52410967
Normies are shit.
Deal with it.
>>
>>52409855
Bingo
>>
>>52410905
You could carefully cut it with hobby knife and slap to right.
>>
does anyone have that pic of the upscaled marine 2.0 that's rumored to be coming?
>>
Hey guys, I'm new to WH40K and I have a question. I noticed Anrakyr gives furious charge to a unit of immortals, but why would you want to charge immortals? Is there any way for them to participate in melee combat during the assault phase?
>>
File: 1489226698925.png (859KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1489226698925.png
859KB, 1080x1920px
>>52411012
>Captcha Gillespie
>>
>>52408029
>Yncarne
>1,000pts.
Anon-I...
>>
>>52410050
>the Chaos Codex says nothing can beat the Gods and nothing ever stood a chance?

Gork and Mork have a pretty good track record vs the Chaos gods, what happens when Chos pissed them off enough they decide not to walk away after the beat down?
>>
>>52411043
thanks, man!
>>
>>52407595
Make it a Blood Raven rule.
>>
File: Orks - 1850pts.jpg (449KB, 1800x1849px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1850pts.jpg
449KB, 1800x1849px
'Umiez dun' surf.
>>
>>52408323
I am so sorry for what you are going to learn once you read the new book anon
>>
>>52407808
thiskillstheuser.jpg
>>
>>52411904
The same advice that was given to me. Hide the shit you're not working on and finish what you are.
Thread posts: 418
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.