[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if power armor was so prevalent during the age of strife how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: thunder_armor.jpg (207KB, 553x725px) Image search: [Google]
thunder_armor.jpg
207KB, 553x725px
if power armor was so prevalent during the age of strife how come guardsmen don't have power armor?
>>
>>52407498
Same reason they're using tractors as tanks.
>>
They don't have the logistical and manufacturing capabilities they used to due to the heresy destroying everything and lots of technology being lost forever due to demon viruses.
>>
>>52407498
power armor is expensive
>>
>>52407498
Power armor is a finite resource. Every time a suit gets destroyed it is gone forever. Plus, the Age of Strife armor isn't anywhere near as good as Space Marine stuff.
>>
>>52407683
The mechanicus regularly produce new patterns of power armour
>>
>>52407696
Precisely. The old patterns slowly phase out by attrition.
>>
>>52407498
Actually my question is why the Guard don't all have carapace armor, casting plates of ceramite seems like it would be way easier than spinning whatever fiber flack armor is made of.
>>
File: 1394078353652.jpg (780KB, 770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1394078353652.jpg
780KB, 770x1100px
>>52407498

>expensive to make millions more there weren't many more than 2 million space marines even at their height right?

>has to be specially fitted, rather than some flexibility with S/M/L sizes of flak armor. human don't live long after tailoring

>not as effective without implants

>overall bad return on investment

are these good points? I could would like to see more accomplished officers acquiring it though
>>
The answer to any question is handwavy arbitrary lore invented to justify either whatever harebrained idea the writers want to shoehorn into the setting or the legacy cruft that has become too iconic to be retconned whole cloth.
>>
>>52407762
>>52407498

Why do you need power armor ? Just give them same treatment Straken had.
>>
>>52407791
The machanicus already does that, and keeps it to themselves for the most part.
>>
>>52407498
imagine some number x, the largest number of suits of power armor that the imperium could manufacture and use with it's existing industry, infrastructure and resources.

Now imagine some number y, being the number of millitary-age citizens the imperium has to spare.

y is always, always, far larger than x.
>>
>>52407498
Power armour was prevelant on Terra, not the rest of the galaxy.
>>
>>52407738
Even nowadays composite spinning/weaving is much easier than ceramic casting trough.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.