[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Low Level Magic Loot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6929.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6929.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
The premise is thus: players loot EVERYTHING and get whiney when they don't find anything and you don't want to overpower them by giving them too much.

Solution: Low Level Magic Loot. Items that aren't particularly useful but are enough to sate the players thirst for loot.

I'm running a 5e campaign and this tables from a previous group but it was cobbled together from a similar thread in this board from long ago.

Looking for new items and I'll bump with explanations
>>
File: IMG_6934.jpg (26KB, 200x191px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6934.jpg
26KB, 200x191px
The bag of Holeding
-Regular bag that random objects continue to fall out of a hole from.
>>
Or
Instead of rolling off a loot table craft the world and adventure so that the loot they get makes sense within the world.

>oh we cleared the goblin cave and found some clothes of perfect fit? What? Ok then..

>oh we cleared the goblin cave and found a magical ring forged and enchanted by goblins. Goblins aren't known for their enchanting so it's bonus is minor. Cool!
>>
Wand of Create Wand
-Each Wand contains 1 charge of the Create Wand spell.
You can do some odd things with this since it's in a manner infinite wands. Mostly it gets used as a firewood source.
>>
Gave my players a magic flute that summoned a light rain for a few minutes. They loved it.
>>
File: Pumpkin Reaper.jpg (82KB, 754x960px) Image search: [Google]
Pumpkin Reaper.jpg
82KB, 754x960px
>>52404723
That's just about the best stipulation for wishing for wishes. You can only wish for another wish with that wish, and so on, and so on.
>>
>>52404698
Great contribution why not both.

15 was a /tg/ contribution that could be attributed to any item in which it summoned a skeleton inside someone where the skeletal system and rest of the body were then in competition. It carries with it the potential to be played for either humor or horror depending on wether the character is on a skeleton ride or if the skeleton tries to dig itself out.
>>
>>52404616
Some of these are mild traps like 17 is a
ring of water breathing
-when you put it on your lungs fill with water
>>
I heard this one from somwhere that I'm keeping in my back pocket.

Invisible cloak of narrating
>>
>>52404888
Does the cloak sound like Morgan Freeman and talk about everything going on around it in a detached third person?
>>
>>52404906
Pretty much yes.
>>
I completely forget what Wand of Cursed Underwater Basketweaving did.

Constantly Shrouded Smoking Pipe is always smoking or leaving a trail of smoke regardless of attempts to conceal it. Smoking it enshrouds the user in a cloud of smoke.
>>
I was running Curse of Strahd and someone found the trinket of a Silver Whistle in the Shape of a Wolfs Head. They pocketed it until later in the Werewolf den.

When they blew it I had them roll a d100 for effect. "If I get a 100 I'm King of the Werewolfs right?" "Pfft, yeah you'll be King of the Werewolves."

Motherfucker rolled a 100
>>
>>52404616
Since I just finished a KOTOR 2 playthrough- proffer a crystal that has bonded to them and provides scaling upgrades?

Since you don't want it providing a massive boost to their stats, perhaps instead have it provide some unique, personalized bonus to suit their story/arc.
>>
>>52404723
>infinite wands
So, you're saying that I can make a continent engulfing hellfire whenever I feel? I can fill the oceans with wands and walk whereever I please? If I fill a bag of holding with the wands, then smack a bitch with it, I do infinite damage from the infinite mass?
>>
This is exactly what i do all the time. My fellas each got several magiv swag but each and everyone of them is pretty small in comparison to the dmg. As it dhould be for lvl 4. Mobile right now so i cant post my homebrews. Will do so later.
>>
>>52409155
Yeah, if you're willing to spend the rest of your life creating a wand every six seconds by using the most recently created one.

They don't create themselves, you've still gotta do it.
>>
>>52406977
I hope you let him tend to his werewolf surfs, he may even be a benevolent ruler.
>>
I'm running a 5e post-apoc fantasy survival-heavy campaign and I'm trying something a bit different:
- Each player has a crafting profession, and the group regularly encounters things that can be used to make stuff.
- They also sometimes encounter literal magic items, but a lot fewer and less often than the regular stuff.
- Parts from supernatural creatures/plants and magic gems provide opportunities to make the kind of items the players need/want.
- The crafting system produces items that approach magic items in power, but not in functionality. You can have a quarterstaff that always sheds light from a gemstone, can be used as a fishing rod, and deals more damage than a regular quarterstaff, but it still won't be a Staff of the Magi.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.