[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Warhammer 40K so much more popular than Warhammer Fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 40K.jpg (50KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
40K.jpg
50KB, 500x397px
Why is Warhammer 40K so much more popular than Warhammer Fantasy?
>>
>>52401226
Guns, space magic and alien waifu bait
>>
From the viewpoint of an average joe, a space-fantasy-science batshit clusterfuck hybrid setting is probably more intriguing than what at first glance appears to be simply a LotR inspired high fantasy setting.
>>
>>52401226
It's more unique than fantasy despite both just stealing shit.
>>
Because WFB is dead.

But more seriously, everyone I talk to seems to love all the jokes and stuff, rather than the details of the setting. It seems like only bitter grognards recognize the flaws of 40k and move to WFB instead.
>>
>>52401226

One is dead, the other isn't.
>>
I asked someone this, and they explained that Guns are simply cooler than Bows and Swords. Personally I'm on the other side of the fence, like medieval/fantasy weaponry much more than shooty guns, but I think the other guy's opinion is pretty common
>>
>>52401226
movement trays. Overly complicated rules, were the things that helped lead to Warhammer Fantasy's decline. 40K was easier to pick up, quicker to learn, and played faster. making it much more attractive.
>>
>>52405201
40k started with a much lower model count to get a viable game, and has stayed that way. My first 40k game was like 20 Guard against a handful of Marines, while even then Fantasy really needed 60+ models to even feel like the right game.
>>
File: 1469990797658.png (1MB, 1137x837px) Image search: [Google]
1469990797658.png
1MB, 1137x837px
>>52406394
Kill Team is great to get that low model count my dudes feel back. Plus if you're like me and you NEED every new thing that comes out, it's real easy to put together a sweet, individually modeled team of whatever.
>>
>>52403971
>I asked someone this, and they explained that Guns are simply cooler than Bows and Swords.

Which is why GW is trying to sell AoS by bringing in dorfs with guns and Sigmarines with cross-bolters.
>>
>>52406754
SHADOW WAR ARMAGEDDON LETS GO DOODS
>>
File: IMG_0650.jpg (25KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0650.jpg
25KB, 306x165px
>not just combining both settings so you can have guns and magic
Fucking plebs
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.